2.33/5

Looking for a tech support service?

GuruAid

Looking for a tech support service?

GuruAid Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

GuruAid provided some helpful support while taking over my PC. I will not use them again. Why? Following a tuneup process after taking over my PC it would not restart. After several attempts GuruAid said it was the hardware and they did not work with hardware. When I disagreed, contesting that they had been in control of my PC and it had been working fine before they took over, they hung up. Getting a local tech over, I was told nothing was wrong with my hardware. In fact after two days rest my PC started. Had to pay for his tune up. Had already paid through GuruAid for the tune up what had to be repeated by the local. No more will a stranger take over my PC.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was trying out a free version of AVAST and was having a problem that because I was in a hurry thought it would be easier to call them to find an easy fix (it was a minor problem). Thinking I was calling AVAST because GURUAID came up first when doing a GOOGLE search for AVAST, he said he needed access to my comp remotely and he assured me that he was licensed by AVAST (to reassure me). I gave him access reluctantly and because I was in a hurry when he said he needed $100 to fix the problem I told him I couldn't do it now and asked him to get off my comp... He said "No, I will wait here until you are free". At that point I started to panic, demanded he get off my comp and when he said no again I shut off the comp and called the real AVAST after looking them up on my phone. Barely avoided a disaster!!! AVAST found where he had installed a backdoor to get on my comp, which I had them remove.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I called them because my computer was infected with a virus. They pretended to be McAfee. They seemed very professional and they took $300 dollars to fix the problem. Accessed my computer and would not exit when I was telling them that they need to remove themselves from the computer. They have now disappeared. Whenever I call them the line disconnects.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

GuruAid are HACKERS. When's I Googled "telephone norton" this company came up as first result. Their result page on google was clearly designed to deceive. I called and they continued to pretend to be Norton. Foolishly, I allowed them remote access to my PC (still thinking they were Norton). They sought the WMIC serial number from MSDOS and finally requested I pay for additional support. I suspect many people "THINK" they're calling Dell or Norton or whoever but actually end up with these hackers. STAY AWAY FROM GURUAID. THEY ARE HACKERS. A few hours later genuine Norton tech spent 30 minutes scouring my pc for malware. Luckily there wasn't any. But the serial number hack was shady.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

It was terrible, they were a rooting co. They took off my Avast. They put them self [GuruAid] down as the administrator. It's just a big mess. I think I'm going to try restore to an earlier date. I don't have any more dealings with GuruAid, business or friendship and I hope that I never hear from them again. I can't even explain to you how it feels to trust in someone, then as soon as GuruAid ended the call, I instantly saw it was a scam or rebooter. Now I'm left to deal with this mess that GuruAid left me with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GuruAid?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I called Dell customer support and ended up being switched to this Indian tech company. I had a problem where the computer would not boot up. I am still under Dell warranty support. The support people kept passing you around from one person to another and end up conning you into signing up for their service. The day after I went to their site which shows I can get a full refund within the first 30 days without question. I called but they refused to do that. It cost me $100.

Stay clear of this company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

September, 2018: My Windows 10 PC was running slowly and I had trouble getting Norton Updates to process. GuruAid fixed everything and explained why I was having problems. Yes, I paid $89.99 for the service, but it was worth it. I was on the phone and online chat for some time but the results were excellent. Yes, they tried to sell me a one-year support subscription, but I know better than to buy something I do not need.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was prompted to write this positive review after reading a string of negative reviews that surprised me. This has not been my experience. When I called GuruAid earlier today about several problems I was having, I mentioned the seeing negative reviews online. They said that someone has been pretending to represent GuraAid and that they are looking into that. Perhaps this explains the negative reviews.

This evening they solved several problems, including re-activating the wireless connection to my printer that had failed due to a Windows upgrade. That required some creative, patient, and persistent problem-solving. Wireless printing is working again. As usual, they performed the usual temporary files clean up to restore Internet speed. In short, GuruAid has provide peace of mind at an affordable rate. I bought my first computer, a laptop, just a few years ago. Available 24/7, they take all the time needed to identify and solve problems. Due to English as a technician's second language, sometimes I have to ask them to repeat what they have said, but that is a minor inconvenience for the quality of customer service I receive. Thank you, GuruAid. I would be lost without you.

Original review: June 24, 2018

They sell you a 3-year contract for service over $700. When you want to cancel the contract 2 days later they ask for your bank account to refund a credit card transaction. They tell you that they cannot refund or cancel the credit card transaction and need your account information. I worked in a financial institution and you can refund money to a credit card. They would have to pull the information from their credit card transaction records with the client's name and amount.

Their technique is to ask for your credit card and when you inquire about the fee the quote the 3 year term without clarifying the term. When I talked to the manager I heard him ask to have my account pulled up on the computer. I was told a supervisor would have to call me back. I was asked for my account routing information and asking why they could not credit my credit card account. I was told they do not keep those records. Then why did the supervisor ask for my account information? The phone then hung up. I do not recommend this unscrupulous company. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was trying to reach Avast, got GuruAid. The tech started talking about needing this thing, not needing another thing, then after helping me get a refund from Avast, he started working on my computer (clean up). No mention of cost of what he was doing, I asked several times. To make a long story short, I found out that they wanted to charge for this "clean up." I have called to dispute this. Hope I get refund.

GuruAid Company Information