ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 15 years, Capital Steel has been providing high-quality pre-engineered steel structures across North America. Capital Steel stands behind their products from start to finish by including a 50-year warranty upon completion of your structure. Each building is guaranteed to meet strict corporate standards along with all applicable state and local building requirements. Capital Steel authorized dealers have undergone a strict interview process and consistently meet and exceed customer satisfaction standards. Contact Capital Steel today for a quote!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5 Capital Steel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I built a shop for a guy and Capital Steel sounded like a good idea. Most of the people I dealt with were pretty nice. However, some of their stuff is kinda quirky. I didn’t really care for some of their trim. Also their products cost way too expensive. They’re like 30% higher than I can get up here and they’re not 30% better quality for sure.

Their builder assistant team also need to pay more attention to what I tell them. With the one building I sold they came back and told me that they didn't realize I was doing a certain thing and they were gonna charge me two grand, after all the contracts was done. I had to eat that because I already had the contract signed with the customer. I told them where the doors were gonna be and they didn’t pay attention. Also what they did that they charged me two grand for was about $50 worth of material. I’m not even gonna try to push their buildings anymore. If they call me and have one for me to go build, I wouldn’t build it. I wouldn’t even try to sell them. I wish I had never bought the dealership.

Get expert buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

The quality of the steel and the workmanship as well as the ease of assembling and erecting the buildings are a lot better at Capital Steel than other companies. These guys are really experienced as well. The thing I like about them is that we’re able to make a design and send it to James or a couple other guys then they can conceptualize what we’re actually after with the client and then it works. They’re really good with that. Just the other day, I had an experience with James and he has some serious knowledge when it comes to this stuff. We sent him a design and he was able to put some things together for us at a terrific price. The pricing is another reason we chose this company. It went really well and now, we’re hopefully getting ready to sign a deal with the client.

We do churches, commercial buildings and all sorts of buildings. We’ve done projects in Winston-Salem for a client in a wood shop. Then we’re currently working on a project at the fair ground for the City of Winston-Salem. There are also projects here in Rock Hill and we've got a project underway with the City of Charlotte, North Carolina. I always have been very comfortable working with our sales representative at Capital Steel. I've also had good experiences with their support system. I probably get on their nerves sometimes because I have a lot of questions and I do a lot of phone calls. But they’ve always been very positive with their feedback.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Our Vice President had worked with Capital Steel before and he said that was the one he would like to go with. He knew of them and had seen their product. He had built with them and he thought that they were an excellent provider. We went with Capital Steel primarily based on the quality of the product and the support that we got. I went out and met with their management and it has been a good experience. We’ve been working with them for smaller size buildings. I met with Dan the rest of the time. He made me see the advantages of Capital Steel and the support we could expect. I got a good feeling and it’s worked out that way. I would get occasional calls from him of how things were going and I would tell him where we were at.

We know there'll be a curve for us to start in doing these buildings because it’s really not a common industry around here. We’re in the hurricane alley and when you got a building that’s rated up to 175 mile an hour wind, it goes over real well here. It’s like two buildings to knock on the quality. Things lined up, the holes were in the right place, the coding was good and it was easy to assemble. I spoke highly of Capital Steel.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Capital Steel has great quality when it comes to buildings and the engineering has high standards. They have a good product and their reps were knowledgeable. They also tried to work with me on the price of some other buildings.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I gave them $4800 3 years ago and was told that I could be a dealer for them. For the most part, short of a few phone calls I was never trained, given any material to help me understand the product or the program and was for the most part ignored by them. It was a complete joke and the owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Do not for any reason hookup with these guys. It is a complete scam! Don't fall for the sales pitch from Michael ** or anyone else at that company. I repeatedly asked for help and finally gave up. They assigned a few folks to me to "take over" my training but all quit and I never got anywhere, nor did they have anyone to fill their slot and step in to pick up the ball. This is for both General Steel and Capital Steel as they are one and the same...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital Steel?

Capital Steel expert review by Joseph Truini

This manufacturer of American-made steel buildings partners with local contractors around the country. They perform background checks on all their contractors who install pre-engineered steel buildings in your location.

• American-made: Capital Steel works with only materials that are from the United States.

• Warranty: Every Capital Steel steel building comes with a 50-year warranty once the structure is complete.

• Contractor partners: Contractors can partner with Capital Steel to get customized training, engineering support, marketing materials and building discounts.

• Color choices: Choose the best color for your project using the color wheel on Capital Steel’s website.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Capital Steel Company Information