4.1/5 (15 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Capital Steel

For over 15 years, Capital Steel has been providing high-quality pre-engineered steel structures across North America. Capital Steel stands behind their products from start to finish by including a 50-year warranty upon completion of your structure. Each building is guaranteed to meet strict corporate standards along with all applicable state and local building requirements. Capital Steel authorized dealers have undergone a strict interview process and consistently meet and exceed customer satisfaction standards. Contact Capital Steel today for a quote!

Capital Steel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital Steel?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I felt like Matt was very professional and work super hard to make sure my package fit the need for my company and yes I would refer him and Capital Steel for any buildings that me or a friend might want or need.

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Capitol Steel industries have met and exceeded my expectations. All the people have been very helpful and ready to serve. Becoming a new dealer has been exciting. I have been in the metal building for 30 plus years. Capital steel builds a great building.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Great service, they always try to help with the most they can. Matthew is someone great to work with and it’s been a pleasure! I would love to have them check up more but all in all, Capital Steel is a great company and definitely is recommended.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I had a great experience becoming a dealer with Capital Steel. We worked directly with Kenneth and he was incredibly helpful. He was very professional and did everything in a timely manner. The whole process was easy. I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

The "dealer program" is a complete scam. I have wasted my money and I hope you learn from my experience. I have never been given quotes for buildings I requested. I have never been given any support or training. I can't believe how unethical this business is. COMPLETE SCAM AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I'm a dealer for Capital Steel and they're very comparable to other business with whom I've worked with. I've pursued, residential and warehouse type projects with them. Thus far, the cost and quality of the buildings we've dealt with has been good.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The steel buildings are of excellent quality and the costs have been very competitive. The reps I dealt with are very helpful and friendly. One of the project managers, Michael, has been great. More leads would be better, but it is what it is. I've got a couple of warehouses that I've got estimates on. We've got a pizza restaurant that's interested. I got it on the towing company that needs a storage shop.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was looking to build my own building, then there was an opportunity to be a dealer for Capital Steel and it worked out very well for both of us, so I chose them for my business. They're a lot more customer-interactive than the other companies. Comparatively, the customer interaction with the other companies was not to the level of Capital. As far as my point of contact with the sales reps, I talked to one person primarily, but I have access to five people. It's one of the best customer setups that I've ever seen.

The types of building projects that we have pursued with Capital were for both business and personal use. Right now, we're doing three steel buildings with them. It's on our board. We're not permitted 100% yet, but we're in the permit section. So already, this fast, we've been able to procure three deals. Overall, our experience with Capital has been very good. I've only been with them for six weeks and for two months as a dealer, and I've had so much hands-on education.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2019

This is an update to my complaint of April 2019. After my initial complaint, Bruce **, Manager of Capital Steel, Building Services Group contacted me directly to try to resolve my negative report. After discussion and attempts by Capital Steel to contact some of the leads purportedly sent to my company, Bruce offered to reimburse my dealership fees. This does not help in the financial outlay I have made to market Capitals product, but it does show that Bruce ** is an honorable man, and did the best he could to rectify my complaints. I was reimbursed the full amount of dealer fees this week. Personally, I would buy a steel building, from this man and company.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I paid excess of $5,000.00 in January of 2018 to become a protected territory, "dealer" for Capital Steel, located on Colorado. Apparently they market for General Steel and a reseller. The promise was dozens of local leads that were "hot" and 100's more per month, wherever I desired them. My sales rep was mildly surprised at the first offering of leads, although later realized the "hot" interested buyer leads were in fact well over a year old. And leads whenever I wanted them? Never existed. We were told we had to sell to what we were originally given or spend our own money to market, (which by the way, I did, to the tune of $20,000).

Leads didn't slow down from Capital Steel, they completely dried up to a trickle, within one month after forking out over $5,000. We were required to request leads from our account manager, who never provided more than a few over the next 3-4 month. Afterwards, it went to zero. We however stuck to our end of the agreement and continued to make as much contact with any and all leads provided, to ensure we were following the plan, offering assistance and pricing/design adjustments to ensure we had the best opportunity to sell a steel building.

As of today, April 19th, 2019, we have requested leads and follow through by their sales staff at least two dozen times, over the past eight months, without a single return call or email response. Even the leads we ourselves generated, went unheeded or ignored when we requested a design/build quotation. If we did indeed get a quote, it was always way past any possible date to ensure a sale. Not one of the leads they provided was remotely interested in purchasing a steel building from Capital Steel. Even as a pass through with no "dealer markup" we were 30% higher than even the promised "lower than General Steel" direct to consumer pricing, where Capital gets their leads from.

End results: Capital Steel is a cheap rip-off marketing scam of a company, seeking qualified contractor/dealers to milk money from. I unfortunately fell for their scam, because they told sold me on their "exhaustive search for someone like me" sales pitch. I'm the sucker in the end, but Capital Steel; they are the quintessential proof of a "Rip-off" company.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Capital Steel contacted me and asked me if I was interested in being a builder, and I said yes. So far, they're pretty decent. Everything is good and I'd recommend them. I haven't gotten any buildings so my experience with them at this point has just been a lot of phone time. But I deal with the project manager and we talk pretty much on a daily basis or every other day. He gets back to me very fast in numbers and I'm happy with him. He's a nice guy.

Capital Steel author review by Joseph Truini

This supplier of American-made steel buildings partners with local contractors around the country. They perform background checks on all their contractors who install pre-engineered steel buildings in your location.

• American-made: Capital Steel works with only materials that are from the United States.

• Warranty: Every Capital Steel steel building comes with a 50-year warranty once the structure is complete.

• Contractor partners: Contractors can partner with Capital Steel to get customized training, engineering support, marketing materials and building discounts.

• Color choices: Choose the best color for your project using the color wheel on Capital Steel’s website.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Capital Steel Company Information