4.5/5 (55 ratings)

About Armstrong Steel

Armstrong Steel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?

Original review: May 27, 2022

Building Shop 30x30 was great. Working with Chris on this project at this time I am not able to put in a new shop at the house. Thank you for the time spent on the project. I would like to send a recommending to any one that is looking for a shop to get built on their house and land. The only reason that I will not be building one is my back yard space is not large enough at this time at my house so I am working on getting the land that is next to my house. Chris was a huge help on the building project with me and I want to thank him for the help in the building project.

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for the positive review, Edward. We're so happy you had a great experience with Chris and Armstrong Steel. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!

The Armstrong Steel Team

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I cannot remember the last time that I received customer service like I have from Armstrong Steel. Our Armstrong Steel project manager, Jeremy, was extremely knowledgeable and assisted us at every turn. Kitty in the shipping department was on point and always had answers to our questions with respect to our scheduled delivery date. In short, everything went smoothly and you guys did everything we expected of you. I am sure that the other folks I didn't deal with directly are just as helpful - because it seems to be a part of your company's culture. We'd recommend Armstrong Steel to anyone building a manufacturing facility!

Armstrong Steel response
    William, thank you for the positive feedback! We’re extremely happy to hear you had a positive

experience with Jeremy and Kitty. Our passionate, hard-working team is committed to exceeding our clients' expectations by providing a wealth of helpful information and providing personal, specialized knowledge and support.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: March 31, 2022

I am one of the Directors of the Fox River Trolley Museum in South Elgin IL, where we display and operate a collection of antique trolley cars. Our Board has started exploring options for additional storage buildings, looking to get more of our cars stored indoors. On their web site, Armstrong Steel offered the opportunity to obtain a quotation for one of their buildings and had several FAQs which were a great help for a non-architect like myself. Based on that, I requested a quotation for a building with some non-standard dimensions. I was very pleased with the quick response that Joni ** and her team at Armstrong provided. She developed a price for the building kit and walked me through their rules of thumb for the cost to erect the building on our site. These data were very helpful for our Board to begin the decision process among several differing options.

Armstrong Steel response

We love to hear it! We'll let Joni know about your experience.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I want to tell Armstrong how blessed I was having such a qualified, caring, helpful employee, Joshua ** Building Consultant help me. Joshua took time to help me with a quote for a building I was looking into getting. You see my husband was the decision maker. He and his mom died 3 weeks and 4 days apart each with COVID19 pneumonia last July and August. Then 2 weeks after my husband's death hurricane Ida came through South Louisiana and damaged my house and blew down my husband's shed. Joshua explained everything to me and sent me emails to help me see exactly what he was talking about. I appreciate his time and understanding and knowledge in your company. I had a great experience talking on the phone with him. Thanks again to Joshua **, I appreciated his patience with me, when I needed it the most. God bless, Sincerely, Julie G. South Louisiana. 2/17/2022

Thank you Julie!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Everything went very well until I got to the blasted door handles and door locks. They would just not work properly and I had to replace both of them. The insulation was a very good investment. The building is very secure and sturdy, exactly what I wanted!

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for the feedback, Dave! Though you were kind enough to give us such a great review, it sounds like we have some room to improve. We'd love to hear more about what happened!

Please feel free to call or email me at 1-800-345-4610 or ClientAdvocate@armstrongsteel.com to get in touch with any additional feedback or concerns. Client Advocates are in office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time, and messages received outside those hours will be answered on the next business day.

-Andres, Client Relations Manager

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Mike G Is an Excellent rep. He was very informative in teaching me the ins and outs of steel buildings. The efficiency on how fast he got me everything I needed exceeded my expectations. I would give Armstrong a chance before signing with any other company.

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you, Brandon! Our team works hard to ensure each customer has an excellent experience, and we are so glad to hear you had a great experience working with Mike.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I signed our contract for a 40x60 steel building November 28, 2021. I was told that I would have the engineered plans in February and the building will be delivered in April. They have collected 30% down payment. That is the last time they have initiated contact with me. About every two months I attempt to contact them and eventually am told it will be another two months. It has been about a year and I was just told that I won't have things until next year. I still don't even have the engineered plans. They have graciously offered to cancel my order if I wish, but they will keep all my money, $20,000. No communication, broken promises, I feel like a hostage waiting for them to give us what they agreed to. I have attempted to call their "Customer Advocate". There is none. Everyone seems to be quitting.

Armstrong Steel response

Robert, thank you for sharing your concerns. We are committed to providing excellent customer care and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your project. Please consider emailing us at ClientAdvocate@armstrongsteel.com or calling us at 1-800-345-4610.

Regarding your project's initial contract payment, it's important to note that it isn't merely "a deposit." It's a clearly-stated, non-refundable payment that covers permit drawings, engineer wet-stamped blueprints, administrative functions, your project manager's time, etc.

The past 18 months have been very difficult for all industries. Fuel prices, a global labor crisis, steel shortages, inflation; these issues have affected material availability. Lumber, vegetables, beef, automobiles; everything has been affected.

It is important for Armstrong not to engineer a building before materials are available to be manufactured because there is a risk of the customer's county adopting a newer building code. Our customers don't want to pay for engineering twice, we don't want to have to charge folks for engineering twice.

Everyone at Armstrong is working diligently to improve the situation, and we are doing our best to manage this on a level of personalized commitment - from our factory to our corporate office, everyone in our organization is fighting to get every single building out to every single customer. Timelines are improving every month, and customers purchasing buildings today are receiving their buildings in a timely manner.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Working with Brandon ** has been a blast. He really knows his buildings and the buyer's perspective. Got me where I wanted to be and under budget. Couldn't have asked for more insight and support. Can't wait to finish this project. It's going to be huge!

Sincerely. Thanks again!

Chris

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for the positive review, Chris. We're so happy you had a great experience with Brandon and Armstrong Steel. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I just needed a quote for insurance purposes and James ** helped me out without a negative word. I've talked with many sales people and he let me talk to make sure he understood what I needed. Thank you James!

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sarah; we'll pass them along to James! At Armstrong Steel, we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and look forward to serving you in the future.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

In the beginning they are very helpful until they get your deposit and then crickets! It has been a year. No building and now they are almost doubling the price! Contacted them several times with either no contact back or giving us the runaround. They finally contacted us when we turned them into the BBB! I’m ready to join a class action against them! They refuse to give me my deposit back! The original price was 33k and now they want 61k! It’s not my fault it has taken them a year!

Charlotte,

We're extremely sorry to hear about your experience with Armstrong Steel. We have built a reputation on a strong foundation of customer service, and we apologize that this was your encounter with our company. We do our best to detail costs a customer might incur and provide a short and detailed explanation of what every customer is agreeing to on the first page of a purchase order. Total project costs - meaning the entire amount you will pay from conception to completion – is different for everyone based on size, shape, dimensions, roof pitch, location, building type, etc. We always do our best to absorb price fluctuations and shield our customers from increasing costs driven by economic factors outside our control. We sincerely apologize and will do our best to help with your situation if we possibly can. Please contact us at ClientAdvocate@armstrongsteel.com or at 1-800-345-4610 during our normal business hours.

Armstrong Steel author review by Joseph Truini

Based in Greenwood Village, Colo., Armstrong Steel has become a leader in the steel building industry. The company has been recognized for its commitment to customer service and high-quality materials.​

• Knowledgeable: Armstrong Steel has knowledgeable steel building experts, and they not only build steel buildings, they also educate potential customers about the science and value behind them via an extensive resource guide on their website.

• Building quality: The American Institute of Steel Construction sets a limit on the weight load a steel member can hold; Armstrong Steel only loads 80 percent of that weight onto each member meaning a building’s components are never weighed down, so the building lasts longer and better withstands the elements.

• Excellent press: The company has been positively reviewed in publications such as Forbes, Inc. and the Denver Business Journal.

• Prominent clientele: Armstrong Steel works with some of the country's most outstanding and reputable businesses, including Microsoft and Dow, proving their reputation as a leader in the industry.

• Community outreach: Armstrong Steel is committed to charity and community service, donating time and funds to causes such as the Denver Botanic Gardens, United Way, Boys and Girls Clubs of America and Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Armstrong Steel Company Information