Consumer Complaints and Reviews
Salesman told us everything we wanted to hear. We had been researching buildings for the last 2 years. Armstrong Steel is very quick to get papers out to sign and you feel as though you will be taken care of, then everything goes downhill. We signed for a building and put down a down payment. 10 days go by before we hear from a project manager. Project manager has us make corrections to a drawing and send in a list of requested accessories. After a week of no response to email and phone calls I was able to call our project manager using *67 before his number. He answered right away. He had questions about our drawing.
After trying to explain to him multiple times that that wasn't even a drawing we were interested in, I emailed the paperwork again. With no response our project manager sends us docu-sign agreement for another chunk of cash. Only problem was just about everything listed was incorrect sizing, wrong insulation and additional parts never requested. After 2 emails and multiple phone calls we received a response. We asked to speak with his boss to find a new building manager and have been refused multiple times. Can't even get the contact info. They are only interested in pushing buildings out the door. Their salesman, who then contacted me 1 1/2 months into the purchase about buying the same building again, will tell you they are on record pace this year and are swamped with work.
Please let this be a big red flag to you as I didn't pay attention to it. You will not get there Armstrong Value promise "Work, for us, is about educating customers so they're able to make the best and most informed decision". We are first time buyers of a shop with friends in construction to help assemble, but not the full knowledge to do everything. We have received absolutely zero help or advice as to what are building is even going to be used for or if there may be a better option. Please don't make the same mistake I did.
Signed a contract to buy a steel building. Once you give them 4500.00 deposit it all changes. This company through the process lied and gave wrong information. Which they say was a training problem. They will not change the contract back to what I signed. I am working with the BBB and they can't get them to call them back.
Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor
Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.
Based in Greenwood Village, Colo., Armstrong Steel has become a leader in the steel building industry. The company has been recognized for its commitment to customer service and high-quality materials.
- Knowledgeable: Armstrong Steel has knowledgeable steel building experts, and they not only build steel buildings, they also educate potential customers about the science and value behind them via an extensive resource guide on their website.
- Building quality: The American Institute of Steel Construction sets a limit on the weight load a steel member can hold; Armstrong Steel only loads 80 percent of that weight onto each member meaning a building’s components are never weighed down, so the building lasts longer and better withstands the elements.
- Excellent press: The company has been positively reviewed in publications such as Forbes, Inc. and the Denver Business Journal.
- Prominent clientele: Armstrong Steel works with some of the country's most outstanding and reputable businesses, including Microsoft and Dow, proving their reputation as a leader in the industry.
- Community outreach: Armstrong Steel is committed to charity and community service, donating time and funds to causes such as the Denver Botanic Gardens, United Way, Boys and Girls Clubs of America and Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.
- Best for Individual property owners, industrial businesses, farm owners, municipal facilities and storage facilities.
Compare Steel Buildings
Armstrong Steel Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Armstrong Steel
- Year Founded:
- 5889 Greenwood Plaza Blvd
- Greenwood Village
- Postal Code:
- United States