4.5/5 (74 ratings)

About Armstrong Steel

Armstrong Steel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?

Original review: April 29, 2022

I cannot remember the last time that I received customer service like I have from Armstrong Steel. Our Armstrong Steel project manager, Jeremy, was extremely knowledgeable and assisted us at every turn. Kitty in the shipping department was on point and always had answers to our questions with respect to our scheduled delivery date. In short, everything went smoothly and you guys did everything we expected of you. I am sure that the other folks I didn't deal with directly are just as helpful - because it seems to be a part of your company's culture. We'd recommend Armstrong Steel to anyone building a manufacturing facility!

Armstrong Steel response
William, thank you for the positive feedback! We’re extremely happy to hear you had a positive

experience with Jeremy and Kitty. Our passionate, hard-working team is committed to exceeding our clients' expectations by providing a wealth of helpful information and providing personal, specialized knowledge and support.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I am one of the Directors of the Fox River Trolley Museum in South Elgin IL, where we display and operate a collection of antique trolley cars. Our Board has started exploring options for additional storage buildings, looking to get more of our cars stored indoors. On their web site, Armstrong Steel offered the opportunity to obtain a quotation for one of their buildings and had several FAQs which were a great help for a non-architect like myself. Based on that, I requested a quotation for a building with some non-standard dimensions. I was very pleased with the quick response that Joni ** and her team at Armstrong provided. She developed a price for the building kit and walked me through their rules of thumb for the cost to erect the building on our site. These data were very helpful for our Board to begin the decision process among several differing options.

Armstrong Steel response

We love to hear it! We'll let Joni know about your experience.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I want to tell Armstrong how blessed I was having such a qualified, caring, helpful employee, Joshua ** Building Consultant help me. Joshua took time to help me with a quote for a building I was looking into getting. You see my husband was the decision maker. He and his mom died 3 weeks and 4 days apart each with COVID19 pneumonia last July and August. Then 2 weeks after my husband's death hurricane Ida came through South Louisiana and damaged my house and blew down my husband's shed. Joshua explained everything to me and sent me emails to help me see exactly what he was talking about. I appreciate his time and understanding and knowledge in your company. I had a great experience talking on the phone with him. Thanks again to Joshua **, I appreciated his patience with me, when I needed it the most. God bless, Sincerely, Julie G. South Louisiana. 2/17/2022

Thank you Julie!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

The rep was really helpful. I didn't know what I was looking for and what I needed but he took hours daily just to talk to me about what I could do. And then he actually went out of his way to find a builder for me. He listened to what I needed. We sold my mom's house and we needed a building ASAP. He says, “Hey, I understand that you're after that building. But since you're building your mama’s building, I have this building. This will work for you, and won't have to spend all that money.” So he found me a council building that was coded for California, immediately, and got the contract done, and got us into it. That worked out even better because we hit a snag with the bank. By buying his building, it allowed us to be able to do everything we needed to do and we're not in a rush now for the other building.

The other people weren't as detailed as he was nor were they as sensitive to what I needed. He has my business ‘cause he was loyal and he stayed with me and helped me. He said, “Hey, if I can't get to sell this 5,000-square foot building, that's okay. I just want you and your family to be okay.” Originally, we were buying a building that cost $86,000, and I ended up buying a building that costs $21,000. So for him, he must have lost a lot of commissions. But he said he didn't care. He just wanted to make sure that my family and we were able to get a building built for my mom. That’s even better. When I’m building the next 12 houses, I absolutely will be purchasing from Armstrong Steel.

Armstrong Steel response

This is great to hear, Pamela! Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

As vice president of our local volunteer ambulance corps I was charged with providing a 5 year plan to our town board outlining our needs over the next 5 years. Our main need was a new building, our old one is outdated and overcrowded. In researching steel pre fab buildings I contacted Armstrong Steel corp. for a quote and was directed to Mr. Brandon Schempp. I told Brandon up front that this building might never happen and/or it might take up to 5 years.

The surprising thing to me was after being told not to get his hopes up Brandon treated me like I was his number one client standing there with the cash to purchase the building in my pocket. We played a little phone tag for half a day but when we hooked up he answered all my questions and even provided answers to questions that I didn't know had to be asked. If and when we move forward with a new building you can rest assured that it will be with Brandon Schempp and Armstrong Steel. Sincerely, Chris **

Armstrong Steel response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback, Chris! Thank you!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I was very pleased with this company. Their follow through was so good. They e-mailed and even called to let me know when the stove would be arriving and where it was in transit. Their prices were the best I found. I will do business with them again for sure.

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for the positive review, Julie. We're so happy you had a great experience with Armstrong Steel. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: April 28, 2022

We're in Princeton, West Virginia and we bought our church from Armstrong Steel. So far, so good. It's erected and looks great on the outside. We're still working on the interior finish out but our experience with your company was seamless, no regrets.

Armstrong Steel response

We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working with our company, Jacob! We believe the right building can be life-changing and are committed to providing quality steel buildings at competitive prices.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: April 25, 2022

We are just in the beginning stages of deciding what type of building we want to go with on our future property, not ready to buy yet. I let them know that upfront but that didn't stop them from giving me the best customer service, answering all my questions, and giving me all the time and information I needed to make an informed decision. I worked with Conner ** and he was fantastic! Highly recommend!

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Armstrong Steel. Customer feedback enables our team to provide unparalleled service and products in the steel building industry. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance in the future.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: April 22, 2022

My entire project from beginning to end with Armstrong, was a positive experience that I'll never forget. Everyone I worked with was always eager to help make my dream shop come true. I know I have the best product when it comes to steel buildings and my toys are always in a safe place. I'll be sure to continue to send people Armstrong Steel's way for any building needs.

Armstrong Steel response

We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working with our company, Martin! We believe the right building can be life-changing and are committed to providing quality steel buildings at competitive prices.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Original review: April 21, 2022

I felt that Armstrong really wanted to help me out, not just sell me something, and that meant a lot. From the moment I walked into Armstrong Steel, this place seemed like a big family and they were inviting me to be a part of it.

Armstrong Steel response

Thank you for the positive review, Dean. We're so happy you had a great experience with Armstrong Steel. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!

Armstrong Steel author review by Joseph Truini

Based in Greenwood Village, Colo., Armstrong Steel has become a leader in the steel building industry. The company has been recognized for its commitment to customer service and high-quality materials.​

• Knowledgeable: Armstrong Steel has knowledgeable steel building experts, and they not only build steel buildings, they also educate potential customers about the science and value behind them via an extensive resource guide on their website.

• Building quality: The American Institute of Steel Construction sets a limit on the weight load a steel member can hold; Armstrong Steel only loads 80 percent of that weight onto each member meaning a building’s components are never weighed down, so the building lasts longer and better withstands the elements.

• Excellent press: The company has been positively reviewed in publications such as Forbes, Inc. and the Denver Business Journal.

• Prominent clientele: Armstrong Steel works with some of the country's most outstanding and reputable businesses, including Microsoft and Dow, proving their reputation as a leader in the industry.

• Community outreach: Armstrong Steel is committed to charity and community service, donating time and funds to causes such as the Denver Botanic Gardens, United Way, Boys and Girls Clubs of America and Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Armstrong Steel Company Information