This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Sunnova is a solar energy business that offers solar panels, home batteries and roofing services. The company provides financing choices, including $0 upfront cost options, and warranties that last up to 25 years. It also sells and installs Tesla Powerwall battery systems in some locations.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Sunnova is a solar energy company that provides solar panels, home batteries and roofing services. Schedule a free Sunnova estimate for custom pricing, including information on tax incentives and financing.
- Warranty up to 25 years
- Tesla Powerwall installer
- $0 upfront financing option
- Limited availability
- Must request quote for pricing
What is Sunnova?
Sunnova is a home energy supplier that sells solar power and battery storage. Its offerings, which include roof replacements, are available in 18 states across the United States. The company also serves customers in Guam, Puerto Rico and Saipan. Sunnova is an authorized provider of Tesla’s Powerwall home battery system, though these installations are only available in select states.
How does Sunnova work?
Sunnova provides solar energy setups, battery backups and complete roof replacements. When you request a free quote, a sales rep helps you find grants, tax credits and financing options so you can customize your solar power to your needs. Its systems are covered by Sunnova Protect service plans, which provide 25-year system component warranties, 10-year roof warranties, 24/7 monitoring, diagnosis, maintenance and replacement.
Sunnova financing and costs
Contact Sunnova for a free custom solar panel or battery backup quote. Typically, its home solar installations cost between $10,000 and $15,000, and Tesla Powerwalls run, on average, $5,000 to $15,000; however, you can find a variety of tax incentives and grants on the federal, state and local levels. During your quote, a representative walks you through available options. Sunnova also offers financing, including a $0 upfront option.
- How long has Sunnova been in business?
- Sunnova was founded in Houston, Texas, in November 2012.
- Where is Sunnova available?
- Sunnova is available in 21 U.S. states and territories: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Guam, Puerto Rico and Saipan. It offers solar-only services in New Mexico, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Where is Sunnova’s headquarters?
- Sunnova is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
- Does Sunnova offer battery services?
- Yes, Sunnova offers add-on solar battery storage, and it can add Tesla Powerwall batteries to some new and existing solar setups.
Is Sunnova a good company?
Sunnova is a good choice if you're looking for solar power installation. It's a reputable solar power company that operates in multiple states and U.S. territories. Its installation services include robust warranties, financing options and, in most states, Tesla Powerwall offerings. Check out the company’s website to see if Sunnova services your area.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,552,471 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I have been trying to get Sunnova to send release paperwork for several weeks. My house is sold and waiting for documents from Sunnova in order to close. I have done everything that Sunnova asked of me. Yet, they are still holding up the sale of my home. I have called several times daily for the last month. I have received assurances that I would receive the release. When it doesn't come I call back and the customer service people start the process all over. I have spoken multiple times to supervisors. I have signed the final documents they sent. Yet, I still have not received release documents. This company has been an absolute nightmare to work with!
Sunnova Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.