2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2020

I have not received my card. I can't get a human on the phone. I can not complete any of the prompts because I do not have a card. When I enter my ss and birthdate it then ask for a pin, which I do not have because I have not received my card. The agency is absolutely no help telling me I'm not doing it right. This is ridiculous and beyond upset.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I've only had bad interactions with this company. I had little choice in options for receiving my child support payments. I first got my card in 2017, after waiting months for it to arrive, I called and called, about the card never reaching me. Eventually, I got to talk to a live human, after being disconnected and lied to about how the card not reaching me was my fault. First person I talked to said the address was incorrect. It was, but not my fault, because I carefully told her my address information and had her read it back to me at least 3 times. Confirmed it and waited at least a month.

Once I got ahold of another person a month later, he informed me that the address was put in incorrectly by the last representative. He changed it and told me it could take weeks to receive the new card. I said I needed it in a week, so I had to pay 10 dollars for the "quick" delivery. He was really polite and helpful. I got my card that week (amazing, I know). All was fine. My payments are always really late, either by 3 days late, or up to several weeks late. I've grinned and beared it, I never call or harass them. My card is expiring this month and I've tried calling for the past 6 weeks to update my change of address. I keep getting disconnected and told they can't take my call. You haven't been able to take my call for 6 weeks? Weird.

After calling, then getting disconnected, I was put on hold and that took about 40 minutes. A guy named "Alex" answers and says "hello, my name is Alex. How can I help you today?" I very politely told him, "I needed to update my address." I hear him breathing into the phone, I say, "hello? I wanted to update my address. It's changed and my card is expiring soon." He says "call back, we are taking a lot of calls right now." I said "I just really need to change my address is all." Silence, I hear some keyboard clacking on his end. "Hello?" I wait several seconds to say hello again. After about 20 seconds of me saying hello and listening for him I hear an exasperated sigh and he hangs up on me. I'm shocked. I don't really know what to do at this point. If the online site won't let me change my address and nobody will help me over the phone, what exactly am I supposed to do?! You have to answer a lot of calls, but mine isn't important?

I finally reached someone and he's too busy to help me, but takes my call? What? In the 3 years I've had Eppicard, the line always says they're too busy. It's not just now, they're always too busy for us. I can't believe these people. And good luck having your deposits post when they should! It costs 0.00 dollars to be a kind human being. Give it a try, reps at eppicard.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I was trying to reset my password online as well as on the phone. I haven't had to use this website in years so after trying to get back in realized I forgot my username. The website doesn't give any options to reset the password or get a username. I input my information and it said the wrong card. This has to be one of the worst websites and phone customer service I have ever had. And I STILL don't have my username or password.

Original review: May 31, 2020

My card was recently stolen and all of my money was withdrawn from my account. I filed a dispute and it was denied without a reasonable explanation. I gave all the information necessary (police report, transactions) they still denied me my money back. Now I’m left with nothing and no help.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have had Eppicard for 10 years for child support. I had over $600 stolen. I have been on the phone 3 hours and have yet to speak to a representative. I went out of the country and called to inform them in February. They shut my card down. I had no access to that money my entire trip!!! Now fast forward several months... I had 24 unauthorized transactions from May 3 - today... no way to report the fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: May 13, 2020

I've been dealing with them for years due to child support. Found out recently that my card information has been stolen and apparently I've been shopping all over the place. I can't get in touch with anyone to dispute the charges and there is no way to do it online like one would with someplace like PayPal. I wish I had a different option for receiving my child support.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Wayyy too long wait time to speak with a Rep, we know you're home. All I needed was an updated card, that I should haves received 4 months ago. We pay you a fee for holding this money, some of us don’t even need you to hold the money. Scratch out the middle man. I can use my direct deposit, right? This is ridiculous. Stop holding us hostage. Answer the phone, and or open up the websites, so we can tell the robot what we need. #solutions

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am not surprised that Mississippi has chose this company to do business with since it is in line with the rest of the crooks. As long as they get their cut, they don't care. My card expired over a year ago and no one bothered to send a replacement card. When I received a random payment, I had to call this company for a replacement. It has taken 11 phone calls and now, I am actively waiting for a live person to pick up... I'll check back later to let y'all know if anything came of this or if my babies grew up and gave me grandchildren... whichever comes first.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have been forced to use this service/card for over 7 years for child support services. Now, I am having to deal with them for unemployment due to Covid-19. I received an email on April 14th that a "replacement" card was mailed out. It is now the 27th and there is no card. I have called repeatedly to the # listed for unemployment services, when you call, there is a message specifically saying it's for unemployment. I go through the million prompts only to be sent to information about my child support card.

I've called so many times trying to reach a human (and get disconnected every single time) that it's now deducting money from my child support card because it's giving me my balance that I'm not asking for (there's a limit and you get charged after that monthly limit of checking your own balance). I can't reach anyone there and find out where my unemployment card is. And last year when I had fraudulent charges on my card, I could not get through at all (after literally 17 attempts) and just let the charges slide because of their negligent customer service practices. The one and only time I got through to someone, she was clearly working from home, rude and had loud children in the background. These people don't care and this card service is garbage!

Original review: April 24, 2020

I’ve been trying to reach someone in customer service for about 2 1/2 weeks. No one is answering the phone. I’ve been waiting for hours. I have transferred. I’ve tried to call different dhs customer services to get in touch with them. They are not answering which I understand we are going to this COVID-19 stuff but my card has been stolen. I need to report it stolen. I need to handle business with my money and I’m sure I’m not the only one so does anyone know of any customer service numbers that are actually working like everyone else is doing during this crisis?? Please help me -Autism Mom.

Eppicard author review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information