2.2/5 (1033 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Eppicard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: April 14, 2022

I noticed multiple transactions from weird named companies in random places before the 60day period. I immediately called to speak with the fraud claims department and dispute these transactions. I thought it'd be obvious to the "investigation" that the charges were not mine, seeing as all charges were made in random states and cities and with random "businesses." Not to mention I (mistakenly) was saving that money on the card thinking the Eppicard was a secure and trustworthy place to keep your money since it's (shockingly) widely used by the government itself.

About two months later I get a letter from them reading, "Based upon our review of the information you provided as well as our internal records and your account history, we cannot confirm that fraud occurred. Our investigation indicated that you entered into an agreement with the merchant, and the transaction was processed in accordance with that agreement."

WHAT!? It was multiple tractions by different weird named companies, and all done in different states!! Plus, what "agreement" could I have authorized ANY company to just charge random sums of money randomly throughout the month under different names, cites, and states??? A REAL debit card company would have flagged these charges ASAP & cancelled the card, sent a new one and refunded the fraud, and would have notified me.

I HAD TO FIND OUT ON MY OWN. No red flags were raised with eppicard because they're scammers and a poor excuse for a company. What a shame these people needing this money has to deal with this poorly managed eppicard. They need to be held accountable for all of these valid claims. This company NEEDS to be sued for negligence and more!! A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MUST STOP THIS!! I'll leave an email soon (within days) for any of you who have had a similar problem with this company and would like to try and hold these people accountable!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

The Scam the government agencies which must be getting kickbacks without fear of questioning or consequences should be burnt at a stake. Stupid system that is built to skim money from those in which it preys upon. Glitches preventing login to for free check anything. Nothing is possible except to contact CS which is a fee. Low life bureaucrats skimming thieves!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I'm really disappointed in this company and their customer service. I'm so glad I transferred to direct deposit and recommend anyone getting payments from this company to switch immediately so that you won't be robbed of your money. I noticed some charges from Atlanta, GA, and as soon as I realized I reported my card lost/stolen and informed the agent of the fraudulent charges. He canceled the card and sent me a new one, as well as a form I needed to fill out with all fraudulent charges listed and some other info.

I wrote everything down correctly and sent it off. I even called to check on the status of my case (which you can do by calling Conduent the site provider and have them transfer you or get a call back from a person at Eppicard Fraud Dept. because Eppicard will NOT let you speak to a person, it's nearly impossible.) Well, they said my case was denied due to a conflict (not sure what the conflict is, I was scammed) and that I would need to contact local law enforcement to get my money back. So I guess that's $220 gone because I don't live in Atlanta, GA and will not bother my law enforcement or embarrass myself because this company doesn't want to do their own job.

They refuse to do their job I and honestly I feel - I don't know for certain so this statement is allegedly- that it was their employees who stole my card information. I am very careful with my card and how else would someone be able to know my full card number, expiration date, security code, and PIN all while my card was still in my wallet which is a RFID protected wallet. Please save yourself the loss and switch to direct deposit if you're able to, as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

What a ridiculous company! They have placed a hold on my card that child support goes on. No reason for the hold, no one can remove it. Every call, I get the same answer "I fixed it, it will update in 2 hours and you'll be able to use the card". What liars! But they can access the card to put the money when they receive it? Not sure what I can do. Child support says they can't assist as the support is being received and dispersed.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

If I could give negative stars I would! Their customer service has always really sucked but it has hit an all time low ever since they are no longer going to be in charge of child support payments. I had $148.00 of unauthorized charges. I called in to dispute them. They gave me a partial credit of $129.00. At that point I had withdrew the money (I no longer trusted having money on the card). A few days later they took it back and my account went into the negatives. After days of trying to get someone on the line they said they would look into the situation and escalate the issue. Never heard anything back as the weeks go back. All my payments are being garnished and they actually took $100.00 extra dollars - again, I spend a few days trying to get a hold of a representative.

After HOURS of being on hold and transferred to different departments I finally get to talk to a supervisor. The first time my call dropped. The second time I asked if they can please call me back in case we are disconnected (which we were) but they never called me back. The third time I carefully went through each transaction with supervisors and even they were confused as to why my account was poorly adjusted and handled but as of TODAY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE! IT'S SICKENING that this company could just steal from people like this!!!! I swear the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They answer after 1 hour and then to be told to hold for another hour. Asking for my soc sec number just to put me on hold again. My money was stolen and they don't even answer a call! Very upsetting! Money lost because of them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I messed up twice trying to transfer money from my child support account to my bank account to pay my rent. I have had 3 agents hang up on me and they are telling me that the funds were successfully transferred which cannot be since I accidentally put my routing number and wiring number instead of my routing number and account number. I have tried for 2 days now to get help and can't.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I see that this not only happened to me but an unimaginable amount of people, their card is not secure and our funds get hacked into very easily. Like any other bank you can file a claim and get your money back. But unlike other banks they take the money back and say your review has been denied. They take all the funds back without any explanation. They don’t answer the phone, and if they do they have 0 answers for you because “the case has been closed.” They say they can send you a copy but guess what, it never shows up! Surprise surprise there is nothing you can do about it. The local county office can’t help you either because the state chose that company regardless our complaints because they don’t care!! This card is not safe and the company is an incompetent fraud company itself.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Updated on 09/20/2021: I detest this company. Someone hacked my EPPICard account and stole my child support check transferring my funds from my card to a Paypal account as well as a Go Fund Me account. I have neither PayPal nor Go Fund me accounts. They told me they'd reimburse me after sending in a 'Questionnaire' they sent me. Instead they stole my money and offered me no refund!!! I've called them 17 times last week, which costs $.25 a call. I was no hold 15 of the times for over 1 hour!!!! Twice I was hung up on/disconnected!!!! BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS!!!! They are FDIC insured yet refuse to refund you what was stolen!!! My guess is an employee steals account info and profits nicely!!!

Original Review: I am a single mother of 3 who just had my Pennsylvania EPPICard hacked. Someone stole over $350 from my EPPICard, leaving me broke with $13.59 to survive on with my children for the next two weeks. A Paypal account and a GoFundMe account robbed my money in small withdrawals over the course of 4 days. Withdraws of $5.01, $14.01, $5.01, $5.19... They did small transactions until I caught it after trying to use my card. EPPICard will ONLY dispute the last 10 transactions over the phone which totals less than $50. They froze my card and I'll receive a new one in 7-10 days, I could expedite the card for $15 but my account doesn't have $15 in it!!!

So, I have no money, a dispute totaling less that $50 open and they are sending a print out of the last 90 days for me to look over. I'll have to send that back in 7 day after I receive it and fraud claims take approximately 90 days to complete. I was told if the GoFundMe account and PayPal accounts close there's a chance I won't be able to retrieve my money!!!! EPPICard is a RIP OFF!!!! This is HORRIBLE!!!! How are they allowed to operate like this???? Now what???? I'm so upset!!!!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I received my monthly statement for June, and found numerous fraudulent charges. I immediately cancelled my card and ordered a new one. I reported each charge that was listed on my statement that didn’t belong to me. Nearly all of the fraudulent charges were done from other countries. Some for a penny, multiple charges from Japan, Pakistan, Gibraltar, China, etc. I filled out a service request and submitted it to Way2go. Today I received my new card, downloaded a mobile app for the card, just to find that there were more charges made to the card that was cancelled. This and also realized that there were more charges that were not listed on my statement sent from way2go.

These charges were only found from opening the statements from the mobile app. When I logged in without the app, just from the way2go program site, these charges are not listed... They are found only from the mobile app, yet are still charged to my account. After an Hour and a half on hold, a way2go rep answered and let me know that my fraudulent charges were denied and there was nothing more that can be done. I explained that I only purchased food 3 times in my home town, and spent 1.00 to retrieve an address from my life .com. I do not purchase anything internationally. They refused to refund my money. I only feed my son, and I was relying on that money to purchase school clothes and shoes for this coming year. They didn’t care.

Eppicard author review by Danni White

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Eppicard Company Information