Eppicard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have dealt with this Eppicard once in eight years (currently on hold) and thank god I do not have to deal with this company ever again! I simply called because I signed off on child support and wanted the balance on my card but the card says it’s expired; yet online it states expires at the end of August. And when I waited on for 35 minutes and asked the lady why it's saying this she stated "I don't have a answer for you; what's your information I will send you a new card." She also doesn't have any work ethics or manners. I asked her again why it says this and she hung on me.

So now I have been on hold for another 49 minutes waiting for someone! And there is no way to track and complain about a certain CSR. Child support agencies must pay extremely low prices to this company to employ people for minimum wage or there about. Everyone I have talked just sounds like they hate their job, people, and everything else. I am so happy I have a job that I love because I treated this people this way, I wouldn't sleep way at night.

Nothing is wrong with my card but yet I tried 6 different ATM's... Then was on hold for 70 minutes before I gave up and said, "** it," and reported my card. Now I am being charged for a card that has nothing wrong with it... WTF... Well maybe at least this time they will spell my ** name right.

Eppicard Indiana - Absolutely terrible company. I have been being charged for fees for using a PNC ATM which they say wasn't a PNC bank. They googled it and they say, “Yes it is a PNC ATM but it wasn't known to our system so we will refund your 1.05,” however it has been going on for years and no expectation of refunding this money back, you talk with one person, they escalate it then nothing. They charge you .40 cents per call, and will hang up on you and you have to call back. Worse company I have ever seen in my life. Supervisors are rude and tell you there is no one else higher than them. I say class action lawsuit as they owe so many people money all over the U.S.

This contact center is so unprofessional. They're rude and give inaccurate information. Not to mention all of a sudden you charged my card .35 cent for calling you to ask about my money and did not inform of the charge. This company is a joke and I wish I can cut all strings with them all together. I've had this card since 2010 and it's done nothing but gone downhill since.

For several years I have fought for my court ordered child support to find a few months ago when smiONE card came into effect that there were payments on the new card. For several years my balance on Eppicard was 76 cents and after going to child support enforcement and the clerk of courts an audit was pulled and since 2013 over 20,000 was deposited on an Eppicard which I never received. I called Eppicard, was told I was issued four cards while I still have the original for years. I was also told I must of spent the money and forgot. I was insulted, hung up on and sent years of transactions with purchases I did not make, large withdrawals some in different states.

I filed all the requested paperwork and told unfortunately case is closed due to not reporting fraud in a timely manner. How can I report fraud when my debit card didn't correlate with their statements. My balance on card was still 76 cents. Bottom line there's a fraud and it's within this company of unprofessional rude people. I will be contacting the state's attorney's office, consumer financial protection and the sheriff's office. Something needs to be done!!! And I'm doing whatever it takes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

I have had my EPPICard for about 15 years and never had an issue. Don't usually get payments very often. They are very sporadic, however I got a payment for $196 2 weeks ago and come to find out that Amazon was trying to fraudulently charged my card for money. The balance on the EPPICard has been zero since August of 2016. Amazon was charging the card and EPPICard was declining the transactions but still charging me a dollar every time making the balance on the EPPICard a dollar negative each time Amazon try to run a transaction. So 2 weeks ago I get $196 payment which turns out to be a $50 payment because they took $143 away from me.

I think this is ludicrous and Illinois Department of Human Services should not be doing any business with EPPICard services because they are finding ways to take money from individuals who are receiving child support payments on this card. I have my card cancelled and the twat on the other line never sent me a new card. I just got off the phone with a guy who was actually decent who told me the new card was never issued. So I had to pay $15 to have UPS 2 day shipping send me a new card. So with this being said I believe that this agency should definitely be reported to Consumer Affairs and actually be audited and find out how much money they are taking away from people. They are going after people who are vulnerable but are receiving child support payments. I will definitely be changing my direct deposit to my Green Dot card.

I'm unemployed so the money I'm getting on the card is all I have. I haven't had internet access the whole time so when I was finally able to check the transactions I found out I was charged 0.50 each time I checked my balance. Doesn't seem like much until I realized it added up to over $10. Sucks because I could have bought groceries with that money.

Eppicard was hired by Indiana to manage money for unemployment benefits. They have rigged the entire process to cost the consumer. The customer service line costs money to call, the balance inquiry costs money to access, charges to decline an atm withdrawal, and neglect to repair the software failure that is supposed to notify consumers of the deposit into their account by email or text, doesn't work. Why doesn't the state allow direct deposit? Perhaps there is monetary incentive to use this bad card for the state of Indiana. Maybe they get kickbacks. Hmmm time to check it out with a consumer watchdog... bark bark Eppicard.

On December 3, I stopped at an ATM to check the balance on my child support card and accidentally drove off before getting it back, causing it to be sucked into the machine and later shredded by the machine's company. Worst and best mistake of my life. The worst b/c it took almost two months to replace my card and best b/c when I called to have the card canceled, I found out someone had stolen the number offline and had been making charges on my card since the previous June.

Finally I got my replacement card and started working on reporting the charges made on my card to try to get over $300 back. The first customer service rep I talked to told me to write down the date, amount and to what merchant each charge was made and send them into their offices in Houston. After some time of never hearing back from them I called to check the status and the previous rep had failed to tell me about a service request number for each charge that I needed to have and also write down.

Had I not called that day, I probably wouldn't have been able to correct my error and still refute the charges because you only get a certain amount of time before the cases are closed. So I rewrote them along with the service numbers and sent them in, still again, never heard from them. Finally I called back and ALL of my 29 cases were denied. I'm so irritated and I feel like they just didn't get back to me hoping my grace period would run out before I got it right.

Terrible. My kids' child's support was put on this card without me even knowing. When I found out I tried to activate the card. First there was an issue with my social... They had an entirely different social for my account. So that took about a week and a half of back and forth. Having to fax over my info for them to fix it. Finally it got fixed after a week and a half. So I try to activate the card again and it still says "can't validate my info". Was told it was a bad card. So I paid a 20 dollar fee for them to send me another card express. Try to activate that card and it had the exact same issue even though all the info I put in was correct each time.

Now I'm on a third card with the same damn issue. And have been back thru having to call them every day for the problem to not get resolved and my info was supposedly sent to whomever to fix the issue. But from what they are saying they are having a lot of issues with the cards from California. When I asked what was the time frame for the issue to be resolved I was told they didn't know and there isn't a time frame. Excuse me. My kids' money is just sitting on this card. The money that should be used to help take care of them and no one can say when I will be able to activate the card. Makes no damn sense.

Then she tells me there's nothing that can be done about the money on the card without the card being activated and she suggest I get direct deposit for future payments. Well I didn't sign up or ask for the payments to be put on this card in the first place and that really doesn't help with getting the money that's already here. It's seriously is a huge inconvenience and doesn't make sense this isn't something they can just resolve. It's ridiculous.

First of all, I do not understand the bad reviews of this card. The only thing I dislike about this card is my child support does not post until 5 pm sometimes but, that may be more because of the child support agency and not the card at all. I have lost my card many many times. I immediately called and had it cancelled, and never incurred charges on said card afterwards. How can your card be charged after it is shut off? Makes no sense. Secondly, I have had my card mailed to me both by regular mail and I have paid 10.00 once or twice to have it sent overnight to me. By regular mail, I have never waited more than 5 days tops. If you need your card fast, I suggest you pay for expedited overnight shipping. You lose 10.00 but it is worth it.

There are numerous ATM's that I get my money out of for free which is a good thing. I have never had an issue with this card or the customer service that goes along with it. I can use it anywhere, get cash back, and like I already said, many free ATM's to choose from. Also getting your support on this card, you get the money the next business day versus your regular bank account, and waiting 5 days. There are no debit pin fees or anything like that.

To the people claiming to have all these issues, I find them hard to believe. I am sure things happen where you have had an outcome that you did not want. Whatever happened did not go your way so you are blaming it on the card. I just want to add that the postal service where I live is horrible. I get mail for tons of people that do not even live at my address, and never ever get what I am waiting for. I have to have important things sent to my parents house. If you are waiting a long time for your card or it never showed up, it could very well be because of the post office, just saying.

This company is very bad. Please do not go thru this for your payments. If someone steals your card they can still use it after you cancel it. I've been getting robbed for a year. Please don't uses them!!!

I've been waiting for my Ohio Eppicard for over 10 business days and still haven't received the card with my Disability Financial Assistance that has been applied to the card from Stark County Job and Family Services!! I was told from ODJFS that from the date of the acceptance letter, that I would receive my Eppicard 7-10 business days from Texas!! I'm becoming very irritated and my anxiety is thru the roof, cause me and my family are depending on my disability money!! After reading the reviews about the Eppicard, I think I'm regretting it totally!! If I don't receive my card soon, I'm contacting my lawyer!!

Went to make a purchase & was told my card was declined, I knew my child support money had just been deposited a day before due to notifications that I received by text from Eppicard. When I left the store I immediately checked my acct. online to find that someone in California & Nevada was using my card info to make purchases. I called customer service to notify them that there were 10 transactions on my account that were not mine and that I have my card with me & the customer service rep. said she can only dispute 2 transactions that have cleared & that the other 8 pending transactions I would have to wait till they clear. Now why would they let that happen instead of stopping them from posting?? That made no sense to me.

I had to file a fraud report and still haven't got my money back. I just don't understand why they let those other charges go through and why it's taking so long for me to get my money, if they know that I live in Indiana & I had the card in my possession & these transactions were made in 2 different states other than the one I live in. It's now been 1 month since I called and sent the paperwork they asked me to fill out. We'll see how long it takes for them to resolve this. I dread calling them as it is so difficult to reach them. They need a better customer service line.

First off in the back of the card the eighth unpredictable number only has automated service. You can't get ahold of any human being at all or online. My daughters child support stopped since September for a joke of an amount of $46.00. I have no idea or clue how to even contact this people for this issue?

I transferred money 2 days ago. They told me that they didn't know where the money went. I would have to file a claim and wait 45 to 90 days to get the money back. I then asked to speak to a supervisor who told me it might be returned in 10 business days but if not then to mail back a form (spending more money) with no clue to where my money went. Then when I asked to speak to someone over her because she was confused and telling me conflicting information she then stated she was disconnecting the call!

They recalled the card I have been using for years without notifying me. I went to use my card and it was coming up expired at all stores, even though it did not expire for 1 more year. When I called them they could not help me get to my money until I waited 5-7 business days for my new card, because they had accidentally deactivated my account. I am left with no money to feed myself or my daughter and the customer service representatives just kept telling me there was nothing they could do. Besides having no money and no concern from the people that made the mistake, I received a attitude from all 3 representatives I spoke to. I will do whatever possible not to have to receive my money I am owed from these people.

I go through this EVERY week after the holidays occur. It's a week after New Year's, I get my child support every Monday, but there was a holiday LAST week. So of course, it's late this week, why??? The holidays are over! Why can't this company get its act together! Then you call and they say, "Oh well we didn't receive it." Bull! I see my ex's paystubs! It's taken out! So not only are they a horrible company they lie too!

My Eppicard loaded a couple days ago and today, as I attempted to use it it was declined. I knew that the funds should have been there so I immediately called the card customer service number and was placed on hold for nearly 30 minutes. It was discovered that my card had been fraudulently used Internationally in Manama and Sanabis (wherever those places may be) totaling over $600.00. As a matter of fact the rep told me that the charges were "still pending"! I asked if they could stop the charges from going thru since it was clear that my card (which was issued in Wisconsin) was in my possession and that this was indeed criminal activity going on. She advised me that she would have to cancel my card and issue me a new card that I would have to pay $5 for!

Furthermore, when asked about returning my funds she explains a process that makes no sense to me. Call back in 5 days and tell whoever answers that I already canceled my card and need to start an investigation that could take anywhere from 45-90 days to complete! Why would it take that long when you clearly see that the fraudulent activity is taking place on my card in a foreign country as we are speaking?!! I need my money now. This is very strange and I smell a rat within this company.

I agree that it's time for a class action lawsuit because this is unacceptable and many people are depending on these funds to help support children and households. The rep was not helpful at all and I am very upset that this is suppose to be a professional company entrusted with millions of our dollars with seemingly very little accountability on their part. There are far too many similar recent complaints for this matter to go unaddressed. Something needs to be done about this ASAP so that no one else has to suffer in the days ahead.

Today I called to dispute 2 transactions, 14, and 98. On hold for 35 mins. Finally spoke with rep Enrique who said he cannot help because Geico insurance has run two unauthorized on my debit cards. I explained to Enrique that Geico has asked me to call them to reversed the charges because Geico was not able to reversed them, that it will be faster for this merchant to initiate the dispute and to not authorized the funds to be taken out of my card. Enrique stated they are only a prepaid card service and that they do not have the ability to the protections that we consumers need in the event of this type of transactions.

They also like to split my weekly child support payments in so many transactions, instead of depositing the money in the same manner the state takes the 4 from a paycheck, they played with the money and make deposits in random amounts. I know that the state gov't does not take the $$ from my ex's paycheck in 5 or 200 increments. They do one flat amount period. By the time the funds goes to this institution they do whatever they want with it. Commingling funds??? Why not one transaction in the same manner the state of CA does? Hmm... Crooks, illegal.

I will be filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau CFPB. They need to investigate further the manner in which they collect and distribute our child support payments, how there is no fraud protection and the fee for replacement and the express fee, all these fee are a scam. Not a reputable company to be used for controlling government funds. They are the middle/trust account holders but they have to be operating in compliance with the law. I am over the fact they can't help reversed the charged but I been watching the manner in which they distribute the electronic payments. Wire fraud, trust abused, mishandling of $$ that belongs to children or the elderly. At the end Enrique said to look for other sources if I am not happy w/ Eppicard service. Wow!!!

I moved to Nevada from Wisconsin and was using the EPPICARD. I decided to have my child support direct deposited into my bank account so I no longer needed the EPPICARD. I put it in the drawer. Two years later my bank account was compromised so I had to close the account and use the EPPICARD again for child support payments temporarily. LO and BEHOLD, this bank had a negative balance in the amount of $26 dollars in recurrent (.75) NSF FEES. Someone outside of my knowledge was trying to withdraw money from the card... while it was in the drawer... for two plus years. Why not send a bank statement? Why no phone call? Had I never needed the card again, when was I to know that someone was attempting to withdraw money racking up .75 cent fees? My losing $26 didn't hurt me but I'm sure if this happened to someone on a tighter budget with kids to feed, this would be unethical.

I have never had a problem with getting my child support payments. Since the Government put this joke of a company in place, this EPPICard Company has literally stolen over one thousand dollars of MY MONEY THAT IS OWED TO ONLY ME. I DO NOT think this is fair. I've never been on cash assistance or aid and I've been jerked around more than anything. I'm struggling everyday. My card was stolen twice. When I asked the second time to replace it, I was charged the fee but the card never came. There have been supposed transactions on my account that I can honestly prove beyond any doubt that I absolutely did not make. This would be a better company if it were honest and not embezzling money that is in no way owed to them. One thousand plus dollars! I WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN BE OK WITH THE FELONIES THEY HAVE COMMITTED.

I've tried activating the card several times and so has the customer service and no one can activate the card and no one knows why. I can't even receive the money that's already on the card. I've since then applied for direct deposit but still need assistance on getting the card activated to get the money off.

I know how y'all feel. I'm going thru the same thing. Sometimes it's deposited on time. Other times there is no deposit at all. And why do they charge us 50 cents to check our balance or to see if the deposit have been posted? And when you do get an agent on the line they say they waiting on a payment to be sent in so they can deposit it on the account. I'm so tired of the run around with them and when they decide to post a payment last month it was on the 2nd and it's about to be the 8th and no deposit. Why are they playing with what belongs to us? They really need to get it together.

I have a Georgia issued Child support card. Funds are never deposited on time. You have to say you lost your card just to speak with customer service. Georgia child support really needs to fix this issues. Oh and the charging .35 just to check my balance is a joke.

In mid-October 2016 I received a letter from the California Dept of Child Support that payments to me would no longer be mailed, but would be placed on a debit card instead. The company managing the debit card was not named. I did not receive a debit card in the mail. But one month later I received a letter dated 11/12/2016 from Eppicard stating that "Per your request the Fraud Services Department recently reopened our investigation of your claim dated 11/12/2016... We have reviewed all of the original documentation along with any new information provided by you." The letter goes on to state that they reviewed their internal records and my card history and have decided that they cannot confirm my claim of fraudulent charges. Which is fascinating because I didn't know I had an account with this company.

I don't have a claim of fraudulent charges to this account I didn't know I had, and so I've clearly never submitted any kind of "documentation" to Eppicard. Plus, the account couldn't be more than three weeks old so is there is no "card history." Fortunately I was able to cancel direct deposit to this debit card by filling out a form on the CA Dept of Child Support website. I'm going to follow up with them as well as the major credit reporting agencies.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Bobbi of Hampton Bays, NY on

Original Review

Where do I begin? I usually receive my child support on the 6th of each month, which is weird because my ex who is in the military pays on the 1st. It is now the 11th and still no payment has posted. The money has been taken out of ex-husband's pay and it is impossible to speak to anyone to find out where my child support is. Literally, there is NO way to speak to a human. This company is vile. They don't care that our lives are affected. I have searched the internet for a number and get nothing. This company should not be allowed to work with any state.

I have been getting steady child support payments since 2014... I did not touch my card or spend the money. In april 2015 my money vanishes and balance is back to nothing... Missing thousands of dollars but no one can tell me why?! I get the run around of call this person or that person or "I'm sorry mam I cannot tell you how we lost the money or where your money is or why it was taken off your card". I ask to speak to managers and get told there is no one above who I am speaking to at that moment. SERIOUSLY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MISSING!

The people are not helpful and very rude and lie! I was told my case was going under investigation and someone would stay in contact with me while they tried to figure out where over 5,000 dollars disappeared to... No not one single person stayed in contact with me and when I called 2 months later for more answers they tell me my case was never under investigation and they still have no clue what I'm talking about. Clearly looking at my own statements it shows money there one month completely gone the next!

Eppicard State of Florida - Trying to get a representative on the phone is a long process. Good luck getting a LIVE PERSON to answer. Then good luck staying on the line. I just called twice, and after getting a live person after a 20 minute wait EACH TIME I was hung up on twice. They are the most rude, unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. There is not a email to contact for support so you are screwed either way. They won't help you on the phone and that is the only way to reach them. I refuse to call back as they will now charge me the fee. Only contact is the number where you will be on endless hold and then get hung up on. THIS COMPANY TRULY SUCKS AND I WISH THE STATE WOULD WAKE UP AND REALIZE THE ** WE ALL GO THROUGH JUST TO GET OUR LEGITIMATE MONEY OWED TO US.

I suggest everyone who has complained on this forum submits a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Does anyone know anything else that can be done to take action against these scammers? Signing a petition? Anything? This is child support we are talking about. It shouldn't be this difficult! I didn't receive my EppiCard for over 1 year! In fairness, I wasn't getting any child support payments from my child's father at the time so it was out of sight, out of mind for me. Then one day he magically started paying his due and that's when I noticed I never received the card. I tried calling them numerous times but I will tell you it's near impossible to get an actual human being on the phone.

TIP: If you don't push any buttons and let them say their annoying message literally 4 or 5 times, it will automatically put you on hold to speak with an operator, but you have to ignore their prompts completely until it connects you. Then you have to wait on hold for about 30 minutes to an hour for someone to answer, or they will just hang up on you. What kind of customer service is that?! Anyway, finally I got a hold of someone and they told me the card wasn't sent because I had a "bad address" which is ridiculous. I don't have a PO Box or apartment number. I have a normal home address. She then told me that this counts as sending a second card (even though they never sent the first card) so I'll be charged $5 for a replacement card... I wonder how many "bad addresses" they actually make up in their grand scheme to nickel and dime child support payments for the $5 replacement cards they have to send.

I was supposed to get it 5-10 calendar days after that call. I didn't get it for about 25 days. Everyone is also right about the delayed posting time. If a payment is made on a Friday you won't see that payment until Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Thursday of the next week. If anyone else has any suggestions, let’s all work together to take them down.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.
  • Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.
  • Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.
  • Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.
  • Best for Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Compare Credit Cards