2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

There is no reason why I should have to wait 5 days for my deposit to post. This company should be shut down. We need to work together to make a huge deal about it because judging from my own experience & the reviews I have read this company is worse than anything I could imagine. It is unrealistically horrible & actually scary that this is being allowed. I say class action lawsuit and company forced to make immediate changes or shut down.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I have been calling nonstop since December to dispute a overdraft in the amount of $117.28. According to Eppicard Walmart issued a refund to me in that amount on December 3, 2020 and took it back on December 20th which overdrew my account for the first time in 7 years since I got the card. When you call you Have to speak to customer service who can do nothing but transfer you to a supervisor and leave you on hold for 2-3 hours literally. When you finally get through they hang up and blame technical issues when you call back. I’ve asked for a manager multiple times as the supervisors don’t know anything and they have yet to put me on the phone with one.

They were supposed to mail me a dispute form it is now January 12th and I still haven’t received it. The reviews on this company are correct! I plan to go to the courthouse to ask if I can receive my child support through any other way than this company. I also plan to talk to local Congressman to advise them to look into this company as their practice is fraudulent.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Not only did they fail to file my disputes when I submitted them they have been extremely rude and volatile towards me. I called back to check them and that's when I had to resubmit them and they denied them. These charges were blatantly fraudulent. Ordering pizzas in other states and using Facebook pay to someone I don't know. I've spent hours upon hours on hold and speaking with incompetent employees that all give me different answers. I've escalated these charges 3 or 4 times without any investigator calling me to make a determination.

Today I found out they closed my escalations because I have failed to provide any more information regarding these charges. Unbelievable....How can a company exist with such unethical practices. Not only exist but represents our government assistance. I've never been treated so terribly by a company that is supposed to represent me and my interests. I was the one stolen from and now they've turned their backs on me without my voice being heard.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I have been on hold trying to get a live person to get some answers as to why I can not use my card online, use it in another state, or find an ATM to use it with. This is getting ridiculous. Then they charge for even attempting to use an ATM. Why would a state even use a company like this?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have the PA Eppi Card for my child support in Philadelphia. I have been calling them for over a month in regards to 2 withdraws that were done on my account with the card that I still have in my wallet. There was a withdraw on 9/5 right after my child support went in for $243.75 and then on 9/18 in Camp Hill, PA right after my child support went in again for $228.00 in Gettysburg, PA. I have never been in either city and again their saying a mac withdraw but I still have the card. They have left me on hold for 1 1/2 hours and then hung up on me, another time for over an hour and they hung up on me again. I am on hold now again for 42:05 and still have spoke to no one in fraud.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I receive child support on a New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard. It is December 6 2020. I have been calling New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard since November 3 2020. I have called nearly every day between these two dates with an average hold time of 2+ hrs. Each call required me to speak to a customer service representative. Then a supervisor. And finally someone in the fraud department.

I live in Canada! The card was mailed to Canada. Yet New Jersey Eppicard by MasterCard has NO idea how to make my Child Support available to me. I have never in the past had to deal with this issue. I have always lived in Canada and always had access to my Child Support yet now maybe because we are in Covid. Funds are not accessible. Those calls are recorded yet no one has lost their job for not knowing how to do their job. I have been hung up on and each phone call given different information. No one there knows their job. It is unacceptable to not make a situation like this not a priority.

Child support is to help with the financial needs of children. How can that happen when someone can’t access their child support for two months' deposits. Very sad! Pathetic customer service. No knowledge of their rolls within the company. MasterCard should drop this company and New Jersey child support should use a different method for international people. New Jersey Eppicard by Master card is PATHETIC!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

On October 9, my card was declined and I KNEW there was money on the card. I checked my balance and it was $2.32. I looked at the transactions and there were FIVE charges for $100 each to Apple. I do not use an Iphone, I use Android. No one in my home has an Apple ID and my card has not left my possession at any time. I called Apple and they told me that they could actually tell me the Apple ID that made the charges and confirm that it was my card, but because of privacy issues they could not tell me who made the charges, but they would tell Eppicard if I opened an investigation with them. So I did. They sent me paperwork, told me to get a police report and send it all back to them, which I did.

Ten days later they issued a provisional credit to my account for $500. They assured me they would be investigating it and Apple would be contacted to find out who used my card, and that I would be kept informed of the progress of the investigation. Well, this morning I woke up to my account being $300 in the negative because Eppicard posted a $500 provisional debit to my account!! With no warning, no explanation, nothing. I called and was on hold for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Finally got the fraud department and she was explaining to me that Mastercard has now opened an investigation, and she was explaining to me how I could get in touch with them when the CALL DROPPED! I am now on the phone on hold again for 48 minutes. I am contacting someone about a class action lawsuit against these people. I have seen so many instances of fraud on this card with absolutely no help to the person that was frauded in any way.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I have been lied to you cursed at hung up on and just got put on hold for about 50 hours by EPPICard and still no resolution. I just keep getting the runaround every single day. On November 2nd a provisional credit of $1,000 got approved and it never got posted to my account though. So when I call talk to them about it all they say is quote, "Well that's weird. It was supposed to who got in your account. I don't know why it hasn't so we're going to escalate this and management will call you back within 48 hours or have it posted to your account sorry for your inconvenience." So that was on November 2nd and every day since and I have not received one phone call or anything credited to my account not to mention.

So Not only was I frauded $1,042 but now as a direct result of EPPICard lying to me I very well may become homeless since my landlord thinks I'm just lying to her my phone has gotten shut off and a few other things late fees stuff like that. All in all because of them I am now at least $600 in more debt and going. Mind you I have never done anything to this company to get treated like this. I don't know how people can do that to other people and just not care or even work for a company that they were letting us happen. I'm exhausted.

If I don't get this resolved within a day or two I'm just going to give up on it. Call the state attorney, the Better Business Bureau, the Consumer Financial people, I think that's the right name and put it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my local news station. That is if they'll accept the story or not. Maybe after they see all the other bad reviews all over the internet they will, let me tell you there's thousands of them people saying that if your card did this to them also. Actually there's even a class action lawsuit for in Georgia where this plus we took place and the people who filed the claim won the lawsuit with the other three hundred and something people that joined. So you would think after all that they would make sure not to ever do that again but apparently not apparently they make more money screwing people over then the amount that they spend fighting lawsuits so it's still in their eyes justifies doing this.

I've never been able to understand how people can be so greedy. Just Escapes Me. Obviously those people have never in a real struggle a real struggle or I doubt they would do this to other people. If anyone can help me maybe someone that has gone to this and gotten some results or know anyone else I can call to help me with this please email me at ** subj line: ATTN ABOUT EPPICARD CLAIM. PLEASE I would greatly appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Thank you. #-25 stars until I get this resolved. If I ever do.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

When attempting to log into my account to check my balance I learned my account was frozen and I couldn't access my account. I called there so called customer service department only to find myself on hold waiting to speak with a live person for four hours twenty six minutes, absolutely ridiculous. Then was told I have to email two forms of ID and wait 24-48 hours for a response from the fraudulent office. How are these idiots allowed to hold our money and tell us we have to wait?? My advice take your money from these people they are crooks. Open an online account ( prepaid) and have your funds direct deposit, anything is better then Eppicard. I cannot believe they are allowed to do this to people. Incompetent crooks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

If fraud happened on your child support card the EPPICARD SERVICES will not conduct a very good investigation. Someone stole over 1,000 from my account while the card was with me. I'm baffled to yall have video of who used the card. When I called to cancel my phone as I was talking to the person they told me my card was trying to be used that very moment so I can't you guys tell this is fraud?!. My best advice is get everything deposited in your checking account. Eppicard isn't safe.

Eppicard author review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information