Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.67/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

619 Eppicard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

My Pa EPPICard has been compromised. Over 500.00 taken. Someone from overseas stole my money wiped my card clean...I can't get no help from customer service at all this company shouldn't be in business. Fraud fraud fraud.

Original review: May 11, 2019

On May 7, 2019, a ‘supposed’ system failure occurred across the state which caused my card to be declined at several stores. Once I got home, I called customer service to check my account balance and discovered the monies were taken out of my account. I attempted the entire day to get in touch with someone and failed as I was on hold for hours. On May 8th, I contacted an agent and was told to expect the money by Friday as the systems were down not only in Illinois, but other states as well. I waited and Friday came with no funds having been deposited.

I called customer service first thing in the morning and after back and forth with customer service, they told me they couldn’t give me any additional information because the department which handled these situations was another. I asked to be transferred to the appropriate department and was informed it could not be done as it was “internal”. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and she disconnected me after she stated she was putting me on hold. This bank is fraudulent at best. It has taken me 15 years to finally receive the minuscule amount I do in child support and I am now battling the bank to not only return my money, but having to pay the .50 fee for every call I have to make to get this situation rectified.

I just moved to a new area a few months ago and was uncertain whether or not I would stay, so I did not open an account. Once I get paid this coming week, I will immediately do so and I suggest for anyone else who has chosen to use the Eppicard, you may want to do the same to prevent your money from being stolen as well!!!! Everything I am doing and have done has fallen on deaf ears...

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

They allow people to take money off of your card unauthorized, claim they will help you get it back and after all the paperwork and stuff that you do, they never give you the money back and say it's just your loss. Bail out someone to steal a little over $200 from me a couple of months ago and now there's a system shutdown this morning and my funds were not released. You cannot reach anyone in customer service because the phone hangs up on you once it says they're transferring you to someone to speak to. There were no problems with EPPICard in the past and here lately they are horrible. I'm highly unsatisfied.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I am completely pissed off because today they had a system shutdown and my entire $87 was taken off my card. When I tried to place my transactions they were aware of the outage yet they failed to replaced my original amount back onto my card of $87.00 which I had before. The outage occurred 5/7/2019 during the hrs of 9:00am-1:00pm yet a representative made me fill out a claim in which they could just placed back onto my card!!!! Calling a supervisor now but they're not answering. Been on hold almost an hr. It's ridiculous. My first experience was my worst with this card. Hopefully it's my last.

Original review: May 3, 2019

This company is unethical and does not keep your money secure. My card has been compromised in the past. They ask you questions as any typical bank but they will NOT refund your money not even temporarily until they investigate and you fill out a form they mail you. I am in NJ and my card was being used in California at Dollar Tree and Taco Bell. The customer service representative blamed the compromise on me and said I had to pay $5 for the replacement card because it was my fault.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I am rating with one star but would not give any stars for the lack of compassion, respect and service to the customers that they rely on to pay their salaries. On 3/27/19, I discovered that my card had been compromised. I still had it in my possession and have never given out my pin (a question they ask when you report fraud). Logging into my account, I found that someone had charged over $1100 at various merchants, mainly Family Dollar and restaurants, and had wiped my balance to zero (0). I immediately reported fraud, filed a police report and followed up with a live person the following day. They told me they would be sending a form for me to fill out and that I should get a provisional credit once I send the form back within 10 days.

Well, I sent the forms back with detailed police report and a crime stoppers flyer that the detective had made of the perpetrator. They reviewed film at several locations. Same guy. Clearly fraud. They DENIED my case and no one will talk to me resolve this issue. My last conversation with a "supervisor" was that I should contact all of the merchants myself. It saddens me that they state of GA uses this vendor to forward payments. I know I am not the only one and will not stop until someone not only listens, but actually puts action into resolving all of our complaints against this vendor.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When I initially was told that child support would now be depositing $$ on a card, I was very happy. No longer waiting for checks, having to run to the bank, banks being closed, etc. It was not long before I started to realize that this was the worst option I could have ever thought possible. For the last 2 years, I have had over $300 stolen off of my EPPICard. I have tried to contact them numerous times to no avail. Finally, when you do get a customer service rep on the phone, they CHARGE YOU every time you make a call!

Are you kidding??? So, I get the rep on the phone and he says he'll "look into it", comes back on the line and goes "hello, hello, hello?" and I know damn well he can hear me saying "Yes, I'm here!" and then HE HANGS UP ON ME!!! So I call back 10 TIMES and never get another rep on the phone. I get a pathetic $42.23 a WEEK for my child support and it keeps getting stolen. Not only are they stealing from my CHILD but they are stealing from my ex because they are garnishing his wages to pay me and I never get the $!!! I have been trying to resolve this issue for the last year to no avail. I called the San Diego, CA child support office and told them the issue and they told me it's NOT THEIR PROBLEM!!! WTF? How can it not be their problem?

So, every week for the last month my $$ is stolen off the card and apparently there is nothing I can do about it. Has anyone had a similar situation to me and is there any legal way I can sue them or get this handled? My advice to you if you are looking to have a card sent to you to receive your child support on is BEWARE!!! Have a check sent or direct deposit to your bank if at all possible. Don't let this awful company STEAL AND ROB not only you but the CHILD YOU ARE TRYING TO SUPPORT!!! That is what child support is supposed to be about, supporting your child. And how can that happen when this substandard company is robbing us of it???

Original review: April 4, 2019

Since the State of NJ uses EPPICard to pay child support payments, this is your money you probably spent hard earned money to get paid to you, then PNC won't let you have enough in one transaction to pay your rent etc. EPPICard allows for one free withdrawal a month. Funds hopefully, go in weekly through probation. Yet when you try to withdraw your money at the PNC bank that is supposed to honor the card, they don't let you withdraw in one transaction the amount you need. According to them, if you do not bank with them, then you can only remove $1000 out of the bank in a 24 hour period or at one time. WHY WHEN THIS IS YOUR MONEY? Of course, the harder they make it for you to remove your funds times thousands of people using this card, the more money they get to keep, use and earn money on.

If I hold an EPPICard from the State of NJ and they have a banking deal with PNC, we should be treated as people who have an account with PNC, not made to jump through hoops to get my own money out of the bank. Oh, yes and because you are not a bank customer according to them, I have to come into the bank. They won't accept the same info I would give them inside, outside at a drive thru teller.

This gets better from here. When the woman told me, because I wasn't a PNC banking customer, I could only withdraw one thousand dollars a day out. So if my rent is higher I am beat. Then, even though I explained to the woman I was handicapped and it was difficult to get in and out of the truck and maneuver around with my service dog, she still insisted I had to come in to make a withdrawal off my debit card. My card issued to me by the State of NJ, but PNC dictates, how, when and where I can get my money. So my husband paying isn't paying me, he is paying PNC who then dictates how I can get my funds, how much and not only when, but which branch will honor the card.

I was in a Stop and Shop and first tried to use the branch in the store since I was already out of the truck with my service dog. I was told they didn't honor the card there and I had to go 8 miles up the road to the PNC further up Route 27 in Franklin. So the EPPICard can't be used at all PNC banks, only the ones they allow it to be used in and then only they determine how much you can withdraw off your card, when and how. Keep in mind, you are only allowed one FREE transaction a month. Via ATM or bank branch, so by them not allowing you to remove the amount you want from your card in one transaction they cause you to incur more fees for trying to use your own money.

So Comerica, the State of NJ and PNC have a contract to handle your money and honor the EPPICard they put child support funds, etc on. But bottom line on PNC controls how you can remove your funds and then because of all their rules and limitations, besides not honoring the rules of the ADA by not making it convenient for all person no matter what their disability to bank with ease of access. They further do everything possible to keep your money even for just an extra day, force you to be encumbered by unnecessary fees because of one transaction free a month rule, PNC's rule that you can only remove one thousand dollars a day from your account, refuse to honour the EPPICard card and treat you like a client of the bank and make you come into the building even though told it was difficult because of physical handicaps and my service dog, will still not do anything but state: Those are the rules.

So whose client am I? Comerica who has a deal with the State and PNC, which by contract should therefore make me a client of all involved in the contract since they have my money, Masterpass who also is part of that one free transaction a month rule. So tell me how does someone who needs to withdraw over one thousand dollars a month for my rent and nothing more, get past PNC's self-serving rules, so they can earn a few more cents on your money by not allowing you to remove what you want, for whatever purpose you need it and then force you to have to pay fees to make more trips to the bank or ATM to accomplish what should have been easily resolved in one trip to the bank.

Since I am disabled PNC made it harder for me to get my money, but handicapped or not, there should not be a limit as to how much of your own money you can withdraw in one transaction. It is your money???? Or isn't it!!!! I am going to call my State representative and my Congresswoman as well as the news media. This is absolutely despicable treatment of someone who only wants what is theirs to pay for necessary bills. By the way the lady in the second branch of PNC was too busy chatting and laughing to even come to the window for service to start, until she looked up and was surprised someone was at the drive up, even after I rang the bell.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Well the card won't work today anywhere, even though I have available balance. Customer service was of no help. Left me stranded out of gas, and unable to withdrawal from an atm. Eppicard is terrible.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I would encourage everyone to get direct deposit through your own bank account to receive your child support funds. The manner in which Eppicard handles fraud claims is that, in short, they don't. They have no intention of resolving the matter. All you will get is lied to, manipulated and mistreated. You are not protected if your card gets compromised. Eppicard's business practices are shady and they should be stopped to protect the public's best interest.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Warning to anyone who receives child support... Do not get a Eppicard. They steal your child support money. They took 40 dollars of mine and when I called to file a complaint I was told I could not. They do not take complaints. I asked for supervisor. I was told by the very rude and argumentative man on the phone that he is as high up as it goes and there was nothing I could do about it to let it go. He also told me it is only 40 dollars. 40 dollars may not be a lot to some but to me a single mom who is disabled it is.

Now if you figure how many 40 dollars they steal from single parents child support it adds up. They must be making a killing and are getting away with it as well. I called Child Support hotline and was told it was my problem. I have called everywhere and filed so many complaints. I will not let this go. They should not be able to get away with this. They are thieves. If they were not a bank or corporation they would be in jail. When the rich steal they get richer when the poor steal they go to jail.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My card information was stolen and used to buy things I would never buy. I contacted the company the same day the charges appeared. The money had not cleared and I was told they had to wait for the theft to be completed. Then I could dispute it and I MIGHT get the money back. I cancelled the card and then the company put through another charge that was for even more money before I had even activated my new card. They talked in circles, but could NOT explain why they did it. I feel robbed twice over, once by a disgusting thief and the second time by an even bigger thief--Eppicard.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This company is fraudulent! They give you misleading information. I called for a fraudulent charge on my card which is super weird because I have never lost my card. My card has been in my wallet the whole time! The lady asked me if I wanted a replacement card. I hesitated because there’s a five dollar charge. She told me I Get a free one every year. I asked her if my replacement for my expired card what account. She said no. At that point I went ahead with the replacement. Turns out she charge me the five dollars anyway. I asked to speak to a supervisor. At this point they are both extremely rude. The supervisor changed the rules on me, said something completely different than the representative even though the proof was there. That I never received another card and that this card should be free.

They didn’t care. Continued on to charge me the five dollars. I didn’t deserve to get charge these five dollars and they were super unprofessional changing the rules and regulations on me like if I was an ignorant person and couldn’t see what they were doing. Worst experience I have ever had with any company especially over the phone. And this company should be looked at for fraudulent activity and for charging customers based on lies.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Read reviews and GOD I'm not the only one experiencing this FRAUDULENT company! 2 separate charges from the same address in Gardena, California. 1st fraud I caught it 20 days after. 10/2018 $123 + Bal fee, withdraw fee. Fraud was committed with a card (how is this possible if I have my card in my possession? And, they used a PIN which I don't share and have never written down). I contacted CSR 3 different times. Changed my address w/ 1st rep. Cxld my card. Didn't receive card or paperwork. Called 2nd time nothing. 3rd call rep said nothing was in system. FedEx new card but didn't receive paperwork for Fraud claim. Then received a letter saying that my claim was denied?!?!

Received my card. Woohoo right? Nope!! 1/19 Another Fraudulent transaction for a higher amount $503 plus Bal inquiry, withdraw fee. Called in again. 1st rep took care of me but guess what?? Nothing in system regarding 1st fraud. Huh?? He cxld my card. Sent me a new one w/ a fee $5.00. I did receive $503 back... But, what happened w/$123 plus Bal inquiry, withdrawal fee, card fee? This company should not be used by Child Support Services.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I don’t like how I can’t use normal bank ATMs to withdraw money. Somehow my info (not the actual card) was stolen. Called 1/7/19 to report it stolen but “system” was down. Had no way to stop the pending fraudulent charges. Apparently this is very common. This company is currently involved in lawsuits regarding issues like mine. I’m still waiting for them to acknowledge they have received the dispute form.

If you have any unauthorized charges, make sure you send in the form within 10 business days. They put that part in the fine print. Get a police report and mail everything certified mail with confirmation or return receipt. And make sure you tell them if you have physical possession of the card. I didn’t realize they will charge you even if you are trying to deal with theft. It’s disgusting to read the experiences of others having to deal with this company. Most people have to use this card because the state decided to go with them for child support, unemployment, disability, etc. (The people who really can’t afford to have anything stolen from them in the first place).

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

People in 2 other states drained my account 3 weeks ago and no refund. Only excuses and policy procedures which are unacceptable. They mailed info to wrong address and will be an additional 45 days. UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

This company is ridiculous. Their system was down for two days. I called Thursday morning (1/17/19) at 8:03 am. The customer service lady told me the system was down and to call back later that day. I asked if the .50$ fee would be charged and she said yes every time I called. So I called again that afternoon - same thing. This time I spoke to a guy named Carlos and he said that he didn't know when the system would be up. I asked him about the fee. He said, "Hold on." He then comes back with, "Yes, since the systems are down, it'll be adjusted." So again I called that evening. Same thing.

I called again Friday morning. Same thing. Well I called tonight. Spoke to someone. And they say that I cannot be refunded the .50$ for me calling in. I spoke to a supervisor named Bryan, complete jerk. He tells me that I never have called in until now. I asked, "Well if the systems were down then it wouldn't show that I called." Duh!! He would never give a direct answer. Just kept reading his "script". This is ridiculous. Never have I dealt with such incompetence. I even work for the state. This isn't over. Forget the .50$ charges. This goes far beyond that.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Automated phone service is constantly malfunctioning. Have tried on numerous occasions to receive info re my account. The system rejects my info & terminates the call. No way to contact agent to resolve issue. Only one contact number given, website redirects back to original problem number.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS CARD IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO. I have always been sent a paper check from my ex's employer until his most recent job change and they have forced me to go through the family support registry. I was able to have a paper check mailed to me on Fridays from California and receive it in Georgia on Mondays. I have now been waiting on this card a total of 9 days and it still hasn't arrived. It does not take this long to receive something in the mail. I haven't even received the card yet and can already tell this company is just as bad as all the reviews say.

At this point it seems by the time I get the card 3 payments will have been made and all of my money best be on the card. I am livid. There is no reason that the first card that is sent isn't automatically expedited. I will be transferring all the money to my personal bank account and setting up direct deposit as soon as I get the card. Getting child support is enough of a hassle and us custodial parents have to jump through enough hoops without having to wait and be told nothing but continue to wait. Avoid this card and company like the plague if at all possible.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Updated on 01/26/2019: After 2 and a half months I called AGAIN to get a status on my fraud case and at that time I was informed that my claim was denied. I couldn't and still can't understand how an investigation happens without any contact between investigators and ANY parties included! They are full of **! Snotty lazy attitudes. Shame on the states for partnering with these kind of incompetent people that take no real actions in resolving simple cases. I think their faulty system is another reason why foreign unauthorized transactions are a normal in these forums. They'll rush to put an unauthorized 35 cent foreign transaction credit back to your card immediately, but won't even bother dealing with the transactions/claims that involves real looking into. Just know desk 1, 2, 3 won't be of ANY help to you!

NOTE: Somehow your phone is connected to your account so if you ever have issued getting into your account using your card info, simply call from another phone and you'll hear prompts they wouldn't give you while calling from your registered number! One day I was checking my account online and I saw a "locked" notice over the status of my card so I tried accessing my account over the phone and it kept saying my card info was incorrect and just disconnects, so I call from another phone and I'm prompted to change my pin, once I changed my pin I was able to access my account over the phone via my registered number.

I asked why was my card locked in the first place and the rep acted as if I was making the whole thing up because she "couldn't see my card ever being locked, she only saw a pin change" so I informed the "idiot" of the sentimental value of my last pin # and why I would never change it unless it was somehow compromised. She basically said since she couldn't see my card had being locked, I guess in her eyes, I CHOSE to just change my pin randomly...NO!!!

They got tired of me calling about a status update on my fraud case and being that they really don't have investigators on the job, they locked my card so I couldn't call them because you can't access anyone via phone if you can't enter your card info and if your card is locked the call will keep hanging up. BOOOM! Spread the word!!! CALL FROM ANOTHER PHONE WHEN YOU CAN'T ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT/CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA YOUR REGISTERED NUMBER. If you ever want a live person listen to your last posted transactions (listen to the end!) then youll be prompted to file or dispute a transaction, select and desk 1 idiot should answer sounding half asleep and unaware of his job. Good luck!

Original Review: I received a child support deposit and went to a store for a purchase with cash back! My 1st transaction declined, so being it's my 2nd card (last card cancelled due to fraud out of country transactions) so I used another PIN for my 2nd transaction which also declined. I then racked up $5 in .50 fees calling to see what was going on! After an agent that didn't hang up on me helped me, my balance was $0 but how???? So, she says my 1st transaction went through, but myself and the merchant clearly saw it decline! Long story short! No transaction in merchant's daily transaction log (not even the last 4 digits from my card). Mind you it's 8:13 am and they open 7:30 so the log was short! Nobody could explain to me what happened!

I went to my online acct. And read the disclosure notices which mentions a provisional credit being applied pending an investigation! It was never offered or mentioned and when I asked about it the agent got snobby and said basically it's IF they feel like it! So I'm on their ** for the next 40 days!!!! Legal action is definitely next! And this imaginary desk 2 help!! (Same guy Every time.) Reads from a script of knowing NOTHING! Even after speaking to his supervisor I was left not knowing any status or info on the investigation!

By the way, the merchant where my card declined asked if they've corrected the error yet and that they STILL after 30 days have not contacted him regarding my son's funds! This transaction was on November 19, 2018! My son birthday was November 22! In 5 years his birthday was on Thanksgiving day just to get robbed electronically!!!! I'm still pissed!!!! I've already rerouted my son's deposits elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My child support was deposited on 11/14. Can't get the funds until the 11/16 but trying to save. I let the funds stay on the card until 11/19. Went to an ATM and found my Entire check was gone. Eppicard allowed 5 transactions to go through out of the state of California and I have a New Jersey Child-Support case, clearly fraud! Eppicard never canceled my card. I had to call them! I called and my wait time to cancel my card.

Refund my money and reorder a new card was ridiculous! I was on hold over an hour and online with the rep about 2 hours and STILL END UP HAVING TO CALL BACK AND WAS AN HOUR LATE clocking in on the line with them! I choose to pay a fee to have my new card express mail. UPS. In 2 days. Of course 3rd Day I call... Was told card was mailed? Tracking number will take 7-10 days! The reps were very inconsiderate, unprofessional, very rude and hung up as well! This is the worst card service to handle STATE CHILD SUPPORT FUNDS! I can't believe this. I needed my money for MY DAUGHTER in between my pay and I feel very Insecure about a service as bad as they are to handle my daughter's funds! They need to be shut down today. The worst experience, headache even and still didn't get helped!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

If I didn't know any better, I would think the company is selling our information. The fraudulent transactions on my card are ridiculous. There is no way, I can be in three different parts of the world at the same time using Lyft. When I finally reached a representative, I was told on numerous occasions that the systems were down, to call back tomorrow. When I finally spoke to a human that could access my account. I went through the transactions and filed a claim.

My claim was denied because, I should have caught the fraudulent charges earlier, I was told by a representative. I canceled the card and ordered a new card, within days of having the new card, fraudulent charges start appearing. When I called in to cancel card again, the representative spoke to me as if I was lying, and it was impossible for those charges to take place, unless I made them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

3x had issues with my card being compromised with fraudulent charges (The last being in Sep 2018 $1000). The money that is deposited to this account is from child support. Filed a claim over 3 weeks ago. They said they have 30-45 days to make a decision. Is this even legal? Further it would take 3-4 days to post once I received a payment. Customer service hold time are usually 30+ minutes or more, AND THEN half the time I got hung up on... RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

To say that I’m upset is an understatement! EPPICARD has to be the most awful business on this planet. I know from experience how the MANY others that have posted here feel. I am battling with EPPICARD to find the $1,422.00 that is missing from my account. It was there one day and in 2 days it was GONE. Customer service? OMG! The WORST ever! Especially since it’s impossible to speak to a real person. I’ve encountered many obstacles in my life but this one definitely takes the cake. They need to be shut down...and fast. I won’t stop until I find answers. I’m contacting everyone up the chain until I find someone who will help us. Yes, US. We’re all in this together.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Two payments were made on 10/11/18, I received one full payment and was shorted 75.00 on the other one. I called and they said I would get it by 11/5/18. Didn't get it!!! No one knows anything, they blame it on others.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This month was the first month my card didn't get its first of the month payment. It's sad that there no way to talk to a person, you only get a machine. And every time you call and get that machine it costs you 40 or 50 cent. That's crazy. I have to find another way other than Eppicard I see. I'm calling child support people Monday morning and get to the bottom of this. My card is updated, I didn't receive any notice of not getting child support or a renewal. Someone need to tell me something.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever seen in my life and I am over 60. It's the only company I know of that makes you give a stranger your entire social security number if you have to deal with customer service... this should not be legal. Sad part is if you have money stolen you have no choice! It takes several phone calls to find out how to place a fraud claim... hen it takes weeks to get papers to be able to file a claim, in the meantime all these strangers are getting all your personal info to do what they wish with it. No wonder our children's money is getting spent across the country somewhere. Why is the government letting them do us this way? I'm contacting my state representative... Somebody needs to shut these crooks down!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I would not recommend this product to anybody. I am not able to access the website for information on my monthly payments. I keep getting denied access even though my password is correct. I will get rerouted to change my password, get told it has been successfully updated, then told I am typing in wrong information and have been locked out of my account multiple times. I am not able to reach any customer service Representative either unless I report my card as lost, stolen, or damaged. This company is unreliable, unprofessional, and very inconsiderate to its customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

If Eppicard has denied your claim please contact the FDIC. The FDIC will investigate and will guide you thru each step. I have been trying to deal directly with Eppicard for 7 months with no success. After contacting the FDIC, an Eppicard rep. is contacting me. Plus, I no longer have to converse with Eppicard. The FDIC will speak to them for me. So please, if you have an issue with Eppicard, call the FDIC or go online. God bless!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have dealt with Eppicard Georgia for the past 16 years. Up until 5 years ago, there were no issues. But now this bank/company withholds the payments past the timeframe allowed. The last 5 years has been a constant battle to get my children's money released. I cannot ever get a customer service representative on the phone to address these issues, every time I check the balance, $.35 is deducted from the pending balance. This company has been stealing money from my children $.35 at a time. I am changing my direct deposit over to my checking account after this payment is released. The state of Georgia will not do anything towards correcting these problems with this company/bank.

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information