Eppicard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I go through this EVERY week after the holidays occur. It's a week after New Year's, I get my child support every Monday, but there was a holiday LAST week. So of course, it's late this week, why??? The holidays are over! Why can't this company get its act together! Then you call and they say, "Oh well we didn't receive it." Bull! I see my ex's paystubs! It's taken out! So not only are they a horrible company they lie too!

My Eppicard loaded a couple days ago and today, as I attempted to use it it was declined. I knew that the funds should have been there so I immediately called the card customer service number and was placed on hold for nearly 30 minutes. It was discovered that my card had been fraudulently used Internationally in Manama and Sanabis (wherever those places may be) totaling over $600.00. As a matter of fact the rep told me that the charges were "still pending"! I asked if they could stop the charges from going thru since it was clear that my card (which was issued in Wisconsin) was in my possession and that this was indeed criminal activity going on. She advised me that she would have to cancel my card and issue me a new card that I would have to pay $5 for!

Furthermore, when asked about returning my funds she explains a process that makes no sense to me. Call back in 5 days and tell whoever answers that I already canceled my card and need to start an investigation that could take anywhere from 45-90 days to complete! Why would it take that long when you clearly see that the fraudulent activity is taking place on my card in a foreign country as we are speaking?!! I need my money now. This is very strange and I smell a rat within this company.

I agree that it's time for a class action lawsuit because this is unacceptable and many people are depending on these funds to help support children and households. The rep was not helpful at all and I am very upset that this is suppose to be a professional company entrusted with millions of our dollars with seemingly very little accountability on their part. There are far too many similar recent complaints for this matter to go unaddressed. Something needs to be done about this ASAP so that no one else has to suffer in the days ahead.

Today I called to dispute 2 transactions, 14, and 98. On hold for 35 mins. Finally spoke with rep Enrique who said he cannot help because Geico insurance has run two unauthorized on my debit cards. I explained to Enrique that Geico has asked me to call them to reversed the charges because Geico was not able to reversed them, that it will be faster for this merchant to initiate the dispute and to not authorized the funds to be taken out of my card. Enrique stated they are only a prepaid card service and that they do not have the ability to the protections that we consumers need in the event of this type of transactions.

They also like to split my weekly child support payments in so many transactions, instead of depositing the money in the same manner the state takes the 4 from a paycheck, they played with the money and make deposits in random amounts. I know that the state gov't does not take the $$ from my ex's paycheck in 5 or 200 increments. They do one flat amount period. By the time the funds goes to this institution they do whatever they want with it. Commingling funds??? Why not one transaction in the same manner the state of CA does? Hmm... Crooks, illegal.

I will be filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau CFPB. They need to investigate further the manner in which they collect and distribute our child support payments, how there is no fraud protection and the fee for replacement and the express fee, all these fee are a scam. Not a reputable company to be used for controlling government funds. They are the middle/trust account holders but they have to be operating in compliance with the law. I am over the fact they can't help reversed the charged but I been watching the manner in which they distribute the electronic payments. Wire fraud, trust abused, mishandling of $$ that belongs to children or the elderly. At the end Enrique said to look for other sources if I am not happy w/ Eppicard service. Wow!!!

I moved to Nevada from Wisconsin and was using the EPPICARD. I decided to have my child support direct deposited into my bank account so I no longer needed the EPPICARD. I put it in the drawer. Two years later my bank account was compromised so I had to close the account and use the EPPICARD again for child support payments temporarily. LO and BEHOLD, this bank had a negative balance in the amount of $26 dollars in recurrent (.75) NSF FEES. Someone outside of my knowledge was trying to withdraw money from the card... while it was in the drawer... for two plus years. Why not send a bank statement? Why no phone call? Had I never needed the card again, when was I to know that someone was attempting to withdraw money racking up .75 cent fees? My losing $26 didn't hurt me but I'm sure if this happened to someone on a tighter budget with kids to feed, this would be unethical.

I have never had a problem with getting my child support payments. Since the Government put this joke of a company in place, this EPPICard Company has literally stolen over one thousand dollars of MY MONEY THAT IS OWED TO ONLY ME. I DO NOT think this is fair. I've never been on cash assistance or aid and I've been jerked around more than anything. I'm struggling everyday. My card was stolen twice. When I asked the second time to replace it, I was charged the fee but the card never came. There have been supposed transactions on my account that I can honestly prove beyond any doubt that I absolutely did not make. This would be a better company if it were honest and not embezzling money that is in no way owed to them. One thousand plus dollars! I WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY CAN BE OK WITH THE FELONIES THEY HAVE COMMITTED.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

I've tried activating the card several times and so has the customer service and no one can activate the card and no one knows why. I can't even receive the money that's already on the card. I've since then applied for direct deposit but still need assistance on getting the card activated to get the money off.

I know how y'all feel. I'm going thru the same thing. Sometimes it's deposited on time. Other times there is no deposit at all. And why do they charge us 50 cents to check our balance or to see if the deposit have been posted? And when you do get an agent on the line they say they waiting on a payment to be sent in so they can deposit it on the account. I'm so tired of the run around with them and when they decide to post a payment last month it was on the 2nd and it's about to be the 8th and no deposit. Why are they playing with what belongs to us? They really need to get it together.

I have a Georgia issued Child support card. Funds are never deposited on time. You have to say you lost your card just to speak with customer service. Georgia child support really needs to fix this issues. Oh and the charging .35 just to check my balance is a joke.

In mid-October 2016 I received a letter from the California Dept of Child Support that payments to me would no longer be mailed, but would be placed on a debit card instead. The company managing the debit card was not named. I did not receive a debit card in the mail. But one month later I received a letter dated 11/12/2016 from Eppicard stating that "Per your request the Fraud Services Department recently reopened our investigation of your claim dated 11/12/2016... We have reviewed all of the original documentation along with any new information provided by you." The letter goes on to state that they reviewed their internal records and my card history and have decided that they cannot confirm my claim of fraudulent charges. Which is fascinating because I didn't know I had an account with this company.

I don't have a claim of fraudulent charges to this account I didn't know I had, and so I've clearly never submitted any kind of "documentation" to Eppicard. Plus, the account couldn't be more than three weeks old so is there is no "card history." Fortunately I was able to cancel direct deposit to this debit card by filling out a form on the CA Dept of Child Support website. I'm going to follow up with them as well as the major credit reporting agencies.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Bobbi of Hampton Bays, NY on

Original Review

Where do I begin? I usually receive my child support on the 6th of each month, which is weird because my ex who is in the military pays on the 1st. It is now the 11th and still no payment has posted. The money has been taken out of ex-husband's pay and it is impossible to speak to anyone to find out where my child support is. Literally, there is NO way to speak to a human. This company is vile. They don't care that our lives are affected. I have searched the internet for a number and get nothing. This company should not be allowed to work with any state.

I have been getting steady child support payments since 2014... I did not touch my card or spend the money. In april 2015 my money vanishes and balance is back to nothing... Missing thousands of dollars but no one can tell me why?! I get the run around of call this person or that person or "I'm sorry mam I cannot tell you how we lost the money or where your money is or why it was taken off your card". I ask to speak to managers and get told there is no one above who I am speaking to at that moment. SERIOUSLY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MISSING!

The people are not helpful and very rude and lie! I was told my case was going under investigation and someone would stay in contact with me while they tried to figure out where over 5,000 dollars disappeared to... No not one single person stayed in contact with me and when I called 2 months later for more answers they tell me my case was never under investigation and they still have no clue what I'm talking about. Clearly looking at my own statements it shows money there one month completely gone the next!

Eppicard State of Florida - Trying to get a representative on the phone is a long process. Good luck getting a LIVE PERSON to answer. Then good luck staying on the line. I just called twice, and after getting a live person after a 20 minute wait EACH TIME I was hung up on twice. They are the most rude, unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. There is not a email to contact for support so you are screwed either way. They won't help you on the phone and that is the only way to reach them. I refuse to call back as they will now charge me the fee. Only contact is the number where you will be on endless hold and then get hung up on. THIS COMPANY TRULY SUCKS AND I WISH THE STATE WOULD WAKE UP AND REALIZE THE ** WE ALL GO THROUGH JUST TO GET OUR LEGITIMATE MONEY OWED TO US.

I suggest everyone who has complained on this forum submits a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Does anyone know anything else that can be done to take action against these scammers? Signing a petition? Anything? This is child support we are talking about. It shouldn't be this difficult! I didn't receive my EppiCard for over 1 year! In fairness, I wasn't getting any child support payments from my child's father at the time so it was out of sight, out of mind for me. Then one day he magically started paying his due and that's when I noticed I never received the card. I tried calling them numerous times but I will tell you it's near impossible to get an actual human being on the phone.

TIP: If you don't push any buttons and let them say their annoying message literally 4 or 5 times, it will automatically put you on hold to speak with an operator, but you have to ignore their prompts completely until it connects you. Then you have to wait on hold for about 30 minutes to an hour for someone to answer, or they will just hang up on you. What kind of customer service is that?! Anyway, finally I got a hold of someone and they told me the card wasn't sent because I had a "bad address" which is ridiculous. I don't have a PO Box or apartment number. I have a normal home address. She then told me that this counts as sending a second card (even though they never sent the first card) so I'll be charged $5 for a replacement card... I wonder how many "bad addresses" they actually make up in their grand scheme to nickel and dime child support payments for the $5 replacement cards they have to send.

I was supposed to get it 5-10 calendar days after that call. I didn't get it for about 25 days. Everyone is also right about the delayed posting time. If a payment is made on a Friday you won't see that payment until Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Thursday of the next week. If anyone else has any suggestions, let’s all work together to take them down.

Eppicard is the worst company I have ever experienced, hands down. They charge out of this world fees for everything, claim to take 48 hours to credit your card with money they were sent electronically (which they receive in less than 30 seconds), then their customer service is beyond awful. Even the supervisors. My deposit from the state is habitually late, sometimes up to 5 days late. The supervisors claim they can't see any deposit, so what does that mean? The state lied when they said the funds were disbursed? I think not.

It looks like this company is holding deposits to claim credit from the Feds, then using the deposits to make money, collecting dividends before they disburse it the rightful owners. Not to mention their fraud dept!!! I had several hundred dollars worth of fraud in my account, I complained. Took them 2.5 months to give me the money back. The card was "used" in GA, then 10 min after this fraudulent use, I had used it in South Florida, explain that one, plus the card was brand new. How is that NOT fraud? The transactions themselves prove fraud. Why can't some insane government agency regulate them and shut them down? They do it for everything else!! FINRA and the SEC would have shut them down long ago if they were in that sector!!!

Trying to get ANYONE on the phone is a ridiculous process and a LONG waiting period, if they even answer. Then I log into my account to set alert notifications and it's not working. There is not a email to contact for support. So basically you can't even contact them to notify them if the site is not working. Only contact they give you is the same number that will have you on hold for an hour and at the end you may still get disconnected. You can't even get to someone if you do not have your participant ID available. So now my Social Security number isn't even sufficient. grrrr

I receive child support payment on a NY State Eppicard. For the last 3 years, I've had no problem with the card other than the fact that I was unable to access funds via a Wells Fargo ATM. I was in the beginning and then all of a sudden (for about the last year) I could not withdraw the money. Days after the child support payment was credited to the account, I would withdraw $500 of the $508 that was deposited into the account. Therefore, there was never a huge amount of money left in the account until the next deposit would hit. But after several ATM attempts over the last, I was forced to use the card at local merchants or to pay an occasional utility bill in order to access funds. This did not pose a huge inconvenience for me but know I realize that because money would sometimes remain in the account for a longer period of time, my account would be more vulnerable to fraudulent activity.

On the evening of July 4th, 2016 I attempted to use my Eppicard at a merchant to purchase groceries, BJ's Wholesale. The attempted charge amount was almost $400 dollars. The card was declined. I thought that it was a little weird being that I had expected that the Child Support payment of $508 was more than enough to clear the charges. Luckily, I had another form of payment and just figured that maybe I was off as to when the deposit hit the account being that this was a holiday weekend. The next day, I attempted to use the card at a CVS to pay for a prescription at the pharmacy. The amount was less than $10. The charge was again declined. That really alarmed me because I thought to myself, even if the child support money did not hit the account, I should've had enough left over in the account from the previous deposit made (because I never used all of it) to cover the cost.

When I got home later that evening, I logged onto the Eppicard website to check all of the transactions previously made. That's when I discovered the fraudulent charge in the amount of $597.23 (the exact amount left in the account, $508 deposit + what was left over from the previous deposit) made at a Michael Kors store in California for the same day that I was trying to use the card in BJ's in NY (July 4th, 2016). I immediately tried to call Eppicard customer service to report it and to change my card info. to prevent any more fraudulent charges and was on hold for so long (2 hours) that I had to hang up, call customer service again and use the automated prompts just to report the card lost/stolen so that the card could not be used again. When I called customer service again to start a claim of fraud, I was on hold another hour before I was even connected to a representative.

I was given a service request number by the representative and was advised not to wait for the paperwork in the mail, that I should write a letter asking for the investigation to begin. I was also told that if the letter was received within 10 days of me notifying them of the fraudulent charge, that I would receive a provisional credit until the investigation was complete (which could take 45-90 days). I immediately sent out the letter. I waited about a month to call and to find out the status of the investigation (and because I had not received the credit to my account yet). Again, another hour on hold waiting to speak to a representative only to find out that they said they never received a letter. So I sent a second letter, this time with delivery confirmation from the USPS. I sent the letter Aug.8 and the letter was confirmed delivered on Aug.11.

I called again, again a long wait (45 min). The representative this time tells me that the case had been closed because the still haven't received anything! I'm sure you can understand my frustration, especially when I had a receipt of confirmed delivery. I was advised (after cursing and requesting to speak to supervisor) that I should fax the letter to a fax number. So on Aug 23, I faxed it. Called a third time (the day after faxing it), they again say they still haven't received anything! To top it off, I received a letter in the mail dated Aug 19th, that my investigation is closed because they can't determine fraud!

I'm done. They can't mess with my children's money! No one helps, not NY State Child Support, not that bank who issued the card Comerica, not the Eppicard reps. And now I'm reading all of these reviews and complaints with similar complaints. I'm looking into starting a class action lawsuit. If you are interested and have been a victim of fraud and/or poor customer service please contact me via email at **. Oh, and one word of advice, just get your money direct deposited into a checking account at a credible institution so that if fraud happens, you'll get the money back. I did.

The TN Human Services department has all child support payments going to the Way2Go debit card issued by Comerica Bank and Elite. The card is also referred to as an Eppicard. Each time you dial the customer service number on the back of the card, no one picks up (Tried 5 times now and longest wait time so far is 1 hour, 15 minutes) and a fee of $.25 cents is deducted from the child support balance. Summed up, no one answers the phone, online access doesn't actually allow you into the account and the app does not work. It keeps you in a perpetual loop of asking validation questions, without actually validating your personal info to gain access into your account. This is a rip-off. Once you dial in with your personal card info or social, it automatically deducts money from your account without providing an actual service. I'd like to simply have my money direct deposited into my checking account versus this rip-off debit card w/ NO customer service at all.

I can not understand why it takes 8 days from the ex husbands paycheck to be deposited into EPPI Account. If there is a hoilday I give up getting money when due. This company is breaking a,court order by paying me late. Where does the money go for 8 days? Hundreds of millions of dollars a month are collected by this company. They also collect interest on the money held in a bank. Somewhere in a mystery place no operator can explain the 8 to 10 day disappearance. May being delivered by a unicorn out of limbo. The State of Pa permits this activity. Nothing is ever done. Domestic Relations hires those without mercy and a soul. The staff is beyond rude. This is not welfare. It is child support.

And if you are using these Government agency it is probably because money must be taken out of the persons paycheck because they would never pay you on their own. So I am charge $25 a year... to have a EPPI account. Which I had,more issues with. Money lost. Never recovered. Never return an item and have the refund put back on the card. I lost $200. Took me months to get the 600 that out of the 800 that was taken. I returned a item and instead of refunding me 200, 200 was taken out every 30 minutes. Till I cancelled my card. I waited over 3 months and was given 600 back. The other 200 - it must still be in limbo.

I've noticed Eppicard is not answering the phone. Please contact the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection and file a complaint.

On May 25th 2016 I got a call from the Eppicard company asking if I was aware that someone was using my card in Jamaica? I said I had my card on me. We agreed to shut down the card right away because someone was obviously using it without my knowledge. Eppicard sent me a new card in the mail and paperwork I had to fill out. I was on hold for about an hour also!!! I filled the paperwork out right away and sent it back. I was told it could take up to 90 days for them to investigate.

I called them back in mid July. I was told they never received anything. I was going to have to resubmit a claim. I did wait another hour on the phone for them to tell me that I resubmitted with notebook paper. The women on the line said, "make two to send." So, today July 28th I get a letter saying "we can't find any fraud in your case." There's a transaction for Mensline in a country I can't pronounce and Jamaica for 75 cents like 5 times? There's one for Dominos pizza for $1.50. I just wish we had an alternative than dealing with this place. I think they know we're stuck. My daughters dad owes an outrageous amount of support. I don't want Eppicard getting any of it!

Why in the world does my Eppicard charge extra for getting gas??? I put 8.00 in a gas can and got a hold of 15.23 against my card. Why? Obviously the 8.00 was on the card or the gas pump would have denied the transaction!

This card rarely works and Customer Service is non-existent. There is zero accountability and countless complaints - many of which are legitimate. They act as though they are not required by law to have better quality control measures in place. We should get together and start a class action lawsuit. That being said, I have money in my account, but cannot use it. I have been on hold now for 25 minutes. Ahh - it could end up being a really long day. I hate this company with a passion.

Recently I lost my job so I decided to get a week pass at Comcast, to look for work on the internet. For some reason the payment did not go through. The next day I check my balance after I already paid Comcast with another card. EPPICard charged my account with 5 non sufficient funds fees. So I call Comcast and they voided the payment. I called back to EPPICard and they claim to not see a reversal or a void. This is been going on since the 6th of June and they keep telling me that it takes up to 30 days, but it took them one day to take my money. Also I was supposed to be receiving paperwork which I have not received in order to dispute the charge. This company is filled with a bunch of crooks and rude customer service people. I've been hung up on, spoken rudely to and they're holding my money instead of returning it.

If families are receiving child support --obviously they need the help. So I don't understand why this company of ALL companies are screwing people!!! Also I'm not understanding why they have a $0.50 inquiry fee just to speak with someone that ends up not even helping you anyway! I really feel bad for the people in the prior reviews, because their amount that they're missing is larger than mine. However money is money & I want mine back!!! Frustrated.

Eppicard customer services is terrible. All you get are foreigners who answer the phone and they don't understand English. I do not feel comfortable giving out my personal information to them. They are rude and extremely unprofessional. You can tell that the Eppicard is outsourced jobs. The department of human services needs to stop letting this company provide services they are horrible. And not they are charging ridiculous fees for each transaction that eats up your money. Why are they are charging more when they provide cheap terrible customer services? I will make sure I will pull all my money out all the time to ensure Eppicard gets very little business. And I recommend that everyone else do the same. They really sucks.

It is a shame that they are sending all our jobs overseas and giving it to rude incompetent foreigners who don't speak English. The consumer service agents hung up on me and gave me the number to the department of labor. They couldn't even give me the correct number for tech support so that I can check my balance online. Child support know that they can do better. At least get a company with all American employees and know English. Geez.

The father is paying and has been paying child support, however I am NOT receiving half of the payments or more! I have had to pay the credit card for checking to see if my $ is on it... which was supposed to be on it. I'm wondering who has the rest of the money???

I am SUPPOSED to be receiving child support payments via the PA Eppicard. So far, there have been 3 payments made to my card, totaling more than $500 and guess what? I can't access these funds because I still haven't received a card. I first called Eppicard customer service on Saturday June 4th to inquire about the card I did not receive. Let me start by saying good luck if you are attempting to speak to a representative! Off the bat, the prompt asks you for your card number and pin. Needless to say I don't have a card number or pin it is impossible to access the menu that way. Another alternative is to enter in your SS #, birthday, and PIN. Can't access anyone via this method either since I have not received a card in order to create a PIN... DUH! So I learned to just sit on the phone for about 5 minutes without pushing any buttons in order to be finally transferred to a customer service representative.

So, back to the June 4th call, I was told by the service rep that a card was previously mailed in February. I've lived at my address for several years and no mail has every been lost, however they claimed they mailed the card and tried to say I had to pay $5 for a replacement. I told them to transfer me to a manager. The dude suddenly changed his tone and said he would actually "replace" the card at no charge since I was entitled to "one free replacement". I said dude, I never received anything to replace though, then I just let it go. All I want is my money, not to be arguing with people. So, that day I was "issued" another card and told it would arrive within 5-10 days unless I wanted to expedite the delivery for a $15 charge. I told him the standard delivery would be fine. Now, again I never received my card. So I called back last night, June 16th and spoke to a woman who was rude and unpleasant.

She basically said there was no record of me calling on June 4th and a card was never issued. WTF! I said "that is funny, it says these calls are monitored and recorded so you can check the tape from June 4th around noon to see that I did indeed call and request a card". She put me on a brief hold. When she came back on the line she said "yea I see that you called and it was noted that they needed to issue another card but they never did". So basically they never sent my card. She said she would go ahead and issue me another card and it would arrive in 5-10 days. I asked if I could get it expedited since I've already waited almost 2 weeks for a card that never came due to their company's error. She replied "Yea, for $15". I stated that the fee should be waived due to the error on the part of the company. She was silent. I said "so, is that possible?" She said "No" very rudely.

At this point I was ready to snap. I should have asked to speak to a supervisor but I just didn't feel like dealing with it because clearly the people who work there are either incompetent, inconsiderate, unprofessional, or all of the above. I called this morning to make sure the lady really issued me a card last night and the representative stated that it is on it's way. It better come or else! I already issued a complaint to the BBB regarding Eppicard and their lying **. I see people on here have many of the same complaints and experiences. Mind you, I NEVER write reviews but Eppicard ground my gears to the point I had to! Good luck dealing with these morons. If you can get direct deposit to avoid dealing with them and their lying and dumb fees I would definitely recommend it. Why do I even have to put one star, Eppicard should get 0 stars.

When EPPICard receive my funds, they don't release it on place it on my card so I can utilize my funds. I believe this entire process is a big scam to profit of collected child support funds. The banks are getting the interest of the money. Help me to understand this. First of all I live in other state from which my child support case was opened. Secondly I have been waiting for over 15 years to receive these funds, which I should have been receiving them while my children were younger. Why does it take the child support official in Atlanta to hold funds collected from another state (2) days to just post that they have received funds, then they submit it to their bank, hold it for (2) more days? God forbid it's the weekend then it's (3) days which actually (4) day by the time EPPICard deposits on the card. I can't find any right into this process outside of all these banks are getting the interest of this money.

Then when you call EPPICard you can speak with anyone no matter what time of day it is. Yes this is unacceptable! Then when you call and inquire about your account they want to treat you like the information you're inquiring about isn't privilege to you. After going through extensive questioning who else it's going to be? In addition to those issue since I've been vocal on numerous occasion about my money, they retaliate by not sending my funds from New York to Georgia. They just sent me funds from October of last year. Very interesting.

When I brought that to someone's attention my funds not posted til after 10pm and the EPPICard bank I assumed is closed on weekends so I have to wait til Monday after 6pm for them to deposit to my card. I'm no dumb. I know they are all connected and funds should be released when it's received otherwise pay the interest their banks are collecting. I pray that an investigation is done in my concerns as well as others, cause seem to me that the employees are the on hands people that are doing a disservice to us all.

Updated on July 11, 2016: On 7/8 funds were deposited, I received a notification that a scp has been made. EPPICard or whoever is responsible to place the funds on my didn't do that. Because I post a concern a week a two ago, now they are holding on to my funds until they deem ready to make it available to me. Just last week a I received that same alert that a payment has been made and those funds was made available to me that Saturday, which surprised me due to the fact they have never made funds available to me on a Saturday! With that being say they should have made those funds available 7/9, now I will have to wait til after 7 pm on 7/11 to get my funds.

Apparently they can deposit funds when and if they chose to do so. It doesn't matter if you chose to discipline those responsible, one thing for sure I'm not going away until I receive every dime that's owe to me. Also I will continue to write and complain about workers not doing their job, trying to steal funds that don't belongs to them. Hope someone take these complaints serious because they are real. This EPPICard and the workers are trying to steal funds that don't belongs to them, also the number on the back of the card is very wasteful. I could never speak with a live person. In case you'll don't know customer service is everything, perhaps I can come train you and your employees.

I've been an Eppicard customer in the state of FL for about five years. I've had nothing but trouble and disappointment with this company from the beginning. I never really worried with it to Mich because of the deadbeat I love dealt with. Only paying 12 to 10 dollars here or there. He has now somehow managed to weasel his self onto disability (five kids and five different women later) so I get one good deposit a month about 100.00 each time. For the last three months I didn't get one deposit ever even though it showed up as being made on e-services on the 17th of May in the amount of 171.00 - my biggest payment, which I never received. And then the four days of processing from the time they made a payment till it hits the card is beyond horrendous.

You are telling me you have to take three days to process a payment onto a cash card! Thankfully I have a good job with decent pay and don't depend on this money to survive. But I'm writing this review because I know a lot of people do. And the way this company conducts business is horrible. The states should really do some checking in before they start throwing people onto a worthless impossible company such as this one. As soon as I have the time (other reviewers who have tried to get out from this card have reported nothing but problems doing even that) I will be canceling this card and going back to my Green Dot which release the money the same day the payment was posted. Had I have know he was going to start paying regularly I would never had let it slide into Eppicard's hands. I promise you that.

Saturday 4/29/2016 I tried to log onto my Eppicard account and in red letters it said I had a security breach. Someone in Africa tried to drain my account, and it was stopped, and the money was returned to my card, to then discover someone in China succeeded and took 177.00 out of my account. I had to file a complaint being told if the money is not returned in ten days I'd have to wait 90 days until an investigation was complete. I called the fraud department after receiving a letter about the breach and the person I spoke to told me she had a few complaints the same day with breaches to their cards from Eppicard too.

I tried to contact the child support office which you can usually get a human and you have to leave a message and they may not call you back, you may receive a letter which tells me the state of NH knows they have a breach in their office. Waiting 90 days for a refund is not acceptable seeing I live paycheck to paycheck. The state of NH charges .35 to use the card as debit, if you use it as credit there is no fee but lately I try to use it as credit and the sale is denied, I have to choose debit as an option which then I get a fee. If you call to inquire about your balance you get a fee. If you get cash back there is another .35 fee on top of using it as debit.

I was forced to go the route of having the state collect my child support because my ex didn't want to pay his child support. Shouldn't the parent who refuses to pay their child support be forced to pay these fees instead of it coming off the child support?? That's not right either. The state of NH Child Support Office needs to get their foot out of their butts and fix this problem. I googled this issue to end up in this site and seeing I'm not the only one with this problem.

I have had an Eppicard for many years now in VA. I never really used it as my ex never pays. However, 2 weeks ago, I decided to check the balance to see if there was maybe a tax refund that had been intercepted. I was in luck, there was about $1000 in child support on the card. There were also 2 ATM withdraws for $400 each in Texas. I live in Virginia. I called Eppicard on 4/29. We cancelled my old card, I was charged $5 for a new one and $20 to have it sent UPS since my mail is not reliable. I was told I would receive dispute paperwork in the mail in 3-5 business days. I was also told if I did not want to wait 90 days to get my money back that I could ask for a provisional credit if my paperwork was postmarked by 5/10. The mail has already run and there is no paperwork to be found.

I called back and waited 20 minutes to speak with someone. She reviewed my account and said "Oh wait, this looks weird" then placed me on hold. When she came back she said everything was fine but, that there may have been a delay in getting my papers out and that I would not be eligible for a provisional credit unless I typed a letter and sent it in by tomorrow. This is ridiculous. My credit union has my money back to me in an hour. 90 days is unacceptable. I really feel like Eppicard is a scam with all the fees they charge. Also, I am wondering if this wasn't an inside job since I do not use my card and the people who used it in Texas had my PIN and everything. Very, very suspicious if you ask me.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.
  • Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.
  • Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.
  • Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.
  • Best for Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Compare Credit Cards