2.2/5 (1036 ratings)

About Eppicard

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I have been unable to:

1. Access to the money from my card - online and atm and in the bank.
2. Access the WAY2 Go site.

3. Listed as FRAUD multiple times without any form of explanation - sometimes for many months.

Due to this, I have been experiencing:
1. Emotional stress and severe headaches to the point where it is affecting my daily functioning and disturbing me from having restful sleep.
2. Delays in performing routine requirements for my child -UNABLE TO PAY HIS SCHOOL FEE and PAYING MEDICAL BILLS!!!
3. Time wasting -POOR DOCUMENTATION, BACKWARD SYSTEM, AND HALF TRAINED EMPLOYEES.
4. Mistreated-Being screamed at by employees.

5. Paying multiple fees for calling.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I was in the hospital over a month with the COVID. When I arrived home and began to pay my bills, my card was declined. Upon in investigation, I found all my money was gone. They denied my claim! How do I get my money back? We are talking like 2600.00.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I noticed multiple transactions from weird named companies in random places before the 60day period. I immediately called to speak with the fraud claims department and dispute these transactions. I thought it'd be obvious to the "investigation" that the charges were not mine, seeing as all charges were made in random states and cities and with random "businesses." Not to mention I (mistakenly) was saving that money on the card thinking the Eppicard was a secure and trustworthy place to keep your money since it's (shockingly) widely used by the government itself.

About two months later I get a letter from them reading, "Based upon our review of the information you provided as well as our internal records and your account history, we cannot confirm that fraud occurred. Our investigation indicated that you entered into an agreement with the merchant, and the transaction was processed in accordance with that agreement."

WHAT!? It was multiple tractions by different weird named companies, and all done in different states!! Plus, what "agreement" could I have authorized ANY company to just charge random sums of money randomly throughout the month under different names, cites, and states??? A REAL debit card company would have flagged these charges ASAP & cancelled the card, sent a new one and refunded the fraud, and would have notified me.

I HAD TO FIND OUT ON MY OWN. No red flags were raised with eppicard because they're scammers and a poor excuse for a company. What a shame these people needing this money has to deal with this poorly managed eppicard. They need to be held accountable for all of these valid claims. This company NEEDS to be sued for negligence and more!! A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MUST STOP THIS!! I'll leave an email soon (within days) for any of you who have had a similar problem with this company and would like to try and hold these people accountable!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

The Scam the government agencies which must be getting kickbacks without fear of questioning or consequences should be burnt at a stake. Stupid system that is built to skim money from those in which it preys upon. Glitches preventing login to for free check anything. Nothing is possible except to contact CS which is a fee. Low life bureaucrats skimming thieves!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I'm really disappointed in this company and their customer service. I'm so glad I transferred to direct deposit and recommend anyone getting payments from this company to switch immediately so that you won't be robbed of your money. I noticed some charges from Atlanta, GA, and as soon as I realized I reported my card lost/stolen and informed the agent of the fraudulent charges. He canceled the card and sent me a new one, as well as a form I needed to fill out with all fraudulent charges listed and some other info.

I wrote everything down correctly and sent it off. I even called to check on the status of my case (which you can do by calling Conduent the site provider and have them transfer you or get a call back from a person at Eppicard Fraud Dept. because Eppicard will NOT let you speak to a person, it's nearly impossible.) Well, they said my case was denied due to a conflict (not sure what the conflict is, I was scammed) and that I would need to contact local law enforcement to get my money back. So I guess that's $220 gone because I don't live in Atlanta, GA and will not bother my law enforcement or embarrass myself because this company doesn't want to do their own job.

They refuse to do their job I and honestly I feel - I don't know for certain so this statement is allegedly- that it was their employees who stole my card information. I am very careful with my card and how else would someone be able to know my full card number, expiration date, security code, and PIN all while my card was still in my wallet which is a RFID protected wallet. Please save yourself the loss and switch to direct deposit if you're able to, as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

What a ridiculous company! They have placed a hold on my card that child support goes on. No reason for the hold, no one can remove it. Every call, I get the same answer "I fixed it, it will update in 2 hours and you'll be able to use the card". What liars! But they can access the card to put the money when they receive it? Not sure what I can do. Child support says they can't assist as the support is being received and dispersed.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

If I could give negative stars I would! Their customer service has always really sucked but it has hit an all time low ever since they are no longer going to be in charge of child support payments. I had $148.00 of unauthorized charges. I called in to dispute them. They gave me a partial credit of $129.00. At that point I had withdrew the money (I no longer trusted having money on the card). A few days later they took it back and my account went into the negatives. After days of trying to get someone on the line they said they would look into the situation and escalate the issue. Never heard anything back as the weeks go back. All my payments are being garnished and they actually took $100.00 extra dollars - again, I spend a few days trying to get a hold of a representative.

After HOURS of being on hold and transferred to different departments I finally get to talk to a supervisor. The first time my call dropped. The second time I asked if they can please call me back in case we are disconnected (which we were) but they never called me back. The third time I carefully went through each transaction with supervisors and even they were confused as to why my account was poorly adjusted and handled but as of TODAY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE! IT'S SICKENING that this company could just steal from people like this!!!! I swear the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They answer after 1 hour and then to be told to hold for another hour. Asking for my soc sec number just to put me on hold again. My money was stolen and they don't even answer a call! Very upsetting! Money lost because of them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I messed up twice trying to transfer money from my child support account to my bank account to pay my rent. I have had 3 agents hang up on me and they are telling me that the funds were successfully transferred which cannot be since I accidentally put my routing number and wiring number instead of my routing number and account number. I have tried for 2 days now to get help and can't.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I see that this not only happened to me but an unimaginable amount of people, their card is not secure and our funds get hacked into very easily. Like any other bank you can file a claim and get your money back. But unlike other banks they take the money back and say your review has been denied. They take all the funds back without any explanation. They don’t answer the phone, and if they do they have 0 answers for you because “the case has been closed.” They say they can send you a copy but guess what, it never shows up! Surprise surprise there is nothing you can do about it. The local county office can’t help you either because the state chose that company regardless our complaints because they don’t care!! This card is not safe and the company is an incompetent fraud company itself.

Eppicard author review by Danni White

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Eppicard Company Information