Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

1.0/5 (30 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Eppicard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They answer after 1 hour and then to be told to hold for another hour. Asking for my soc sec number just to put me on hold again. My money was stolen and they don't even answer a call! Very upsetting! Money lost because of them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I messed up twice trying to transfer money from my child support account to my bank account to pay my rent. I have had 3 agents hang up on me and they are telling me that the funds were successfully transferred which cannot be since I accidentally put my routing number and wiring number instead of my routing number and account number. I have tried for 2 days now to get help and can't.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I see that this not only happened to me but an unimaginable amount of people, their card is not secure and our funds get hacked into very easily. Like any other bank you can file a claim and get your money back. But unlike other banks they take the money back and say your review has been denied. They take all the funds back without any explanation. They don’t answer the phone, and if they do they have 0 answers for you because “the case has been closed.” They say they can send you a copy but guess what, it never shows up! Surprise surprise there is nothing you can do about it. The local county office can’t help you either because the state chose that company regardless our complaints because they don’t care!! This card is not safe and the company is an incompetent fraud company itself.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Updated on 09/20/2021: I detest this company. Someone hacked my EPPICard account and stole my child support check transferring my funds from my card to a Paypal account as well as a Go Fund Me account. I have neither PayPal nor Go Fund me accounts. They told me they'd reimburse me after sending in a 'Questionnaire' they sent me. Instead they stole my money and offered me no refund!!! I've called them 17 times last week, which costs $.25 a call. I was no hold 15 of the times for over 1 hour!!!! Twice I was hung up on/disconnected!!!! BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS!!!! They are FDIC insured yet refuse to refund you what was stolen!!! My guess is an employee steals account info and profits nicely!!!

Original Review: I am a single mother of 3 who just had my Pennsylvania EPPICard hacked. Someone stole over $350 from my EPPICard, leaving me broke with $13.59 to survive on with my children for the next two weeks. A Paypal account and a GoFundMe account robbed my money in small withdrawals over the course of 4 days. Withdraws of $5.01, $14.01, $5.01, $5.19... They did small transactions until I caught it after trying to use my card. EPPICard will ONLY dispute the last 10 transactions over the phone which totals less than $50. They froze my card and I'll receive a new one in 7-10 days, I could expedite the card for $15 but my account doesn't have $15 in it!!!

So, I have no money, a dispute totaling less that $50 open and they are sending a print out of the last 90 days for me to look over. I'll have to send that back in 7 day after I receive it and fraud claims take approximately 90 days to complete. I was told if the GoFundMe account and PayPal accounts close there's a chance I won't be able to retrieve my money!!!! EPPICard is a RIP OFF!!!! This is HORRIBLE!!!! How are they allowed to operate like this???? Now what???? I'm so upset!!!!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I received my monthly statement for June, and found numerous fraudulent charges. I immediately cancelled my card and ordered a new one. I reported each charge that was listed on my statement that didn’t belong to me. Nearly all of the fraudulent charges were done from other countries. Some for a penny, multiple charges from Japan, Pakistan, Gibraltar, China, etc. I filled out a service request and submitted it to Way2go. Today I received my new card, downloaded a mobile app for the card, just to find that there were more charges made to the card that was cancelled. This and also realized that there were more charges that were not listed on my statement sent from way2go.

These charges were only found from opening the statements from the mobile app. When I logged in without the app, just from the way2go program site, these charges are not listed... They are found only from the mobile app, yet are still charged to my account. After an Hour and a half on hold, a way2go rep answered and let me know that my fraudulent charges were denied and there was nothing more that can be done. I explained that I only purchased food 3 times in my home town, and spent 1.00 to retrieve an address from my life .com. I do not purchase anything internationally. They refused to refund my money. I only feed my son, and I was relying on that money to purchase school clothes and shoes for this coming year. They didn’t care.

Original review: June 19, 2021

My daughter had an Eppicard in which her child support was placed on that card. For about the last two years I thought my daughter's dad was getting behind on the child support but he had not. I am not good on the computer so my daughter was about to turn 18 years old so she helped me to create an eppicard online account so we could take a look at what was happening with the account and to our surprise a couple of different companies have been fraudulently taking money off of my daughter's child support card.

Eppicard customer service told me to file a fraud claim and I did that. They said they would investigate the claim but they did not. Eppicard said that the investigation could take up to 45 days or more but it only took less than a week for eppicard to tell me that I had some discrepancies in MY STORY. They wrote me and said they would tell me of their findings if I gave them a call. When I called them they kept hanging up on me, charging me each time I called them and then took my social and verified who I was then transferred me to another department and then told me I was not in their system.

This eppicard company allows their customers to be frauded. If you have any problems they will make you believe they are going to help you but they won't. I have called them so many times but they only care about making money and not about their customers. The last time I checked it was illegal to steal someone's child support money. Eppicard allowed Whereforeclosures.com and Google Pay to take money out my daughter's child support account. I do not advise anyone to use this company but if you are using eppicard you need to pay close attention to your account because eppicard will cheat you and allow you to be cheated.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Be careful this card nickels and dimes you to death!! I called the number trying to reach customer service and it kept prompting me to enter my card number and pin, well each time I did this it charged me 50 cents so it cost me $1.50 to speak to an agent. Also I ordered an expedited card and the agent did not tell me that the $15 expediting charge to get the card wouldn't work on weekends, I was supposed to get the card in two days but instead it took 4 and they still charged me and refuse to refund me this fee!! Eppicard is an immoral company that should be closed. They take money from people that barely get any income and don't lose a wink of sleep doing it!! New Mexico should do better to their people than choosing a crooked bank like Wells Fargo to handle these funds. I'm only giving them one star because the website requires one.

Original review: May 17, 2021

The state of Georgia uses Eppicard as the child support credit care company. I am not able to log in to my account online. I tried to use the online service to obtain my user login, it can't identify me. I tried setting up the card, only for it to tell me I already exist. Then I try to call, and there isn't an option to speak with anyone in customer service. I have activity on my card that I can't check and can't reach anyone to assist. My taxpayer dollars are going to waste on this company.

Original review: April 1, 2021

This is in regards to my NJ Eppicard for child support. I have had 3 seperate incidents of fraud charges each about a year apart from one another. Most of them occurred in southern states while I was at my home in NJ. There were also a few of what looked to be online gaming charges. Each time I've had to go through the whole ordeal of filling out the paperwork and explaining which charges were fraudulent. The last time this happened I asked them why there's no chip on the card. I told them I have like 10 other credit and debit cards and every single one has a chip and I have never had fraudulent charges on any of my other cards. They said there should be a chip and they would send a new one. Well, the new one didn't have a chip either.

The last time there were fraudulent charges one of the employees I spoke to was extremely rude. He said maybe it was one my kids using it. I was literally in shock that he was basically accusing my kids of using my card without my permission. I, of course, naturally defended them because I know they would never do that to me. And how did my kids go down south to use my card I asked him? I hung up and called back to speak to a manager and told them what had happened and she said she was so sorry that that employee would be dealt with. I told them I'm never using the card ever again and if I do it will only be at a bank to withdraw the cash directly. I said this is absolutely ridiculous that the card has no chip and this is the only card I ever have problems with.

Anyways each time I am always reimbursed but one of the last conversations I had with someone in the fraud department when I called to see why my money was taking so long was an eye opener. I told him I had been waiting for a long time for the reimbursement and he said he would look into it. He asked for my username and password. I thought about it for a second and hung up. After getting off the phone with him I didn't give it too much thought until a couple months later. I'm so glad I never gave him my password because now the more I think about the more I think there is something going on internally there. I change my password all the time now but I wonder how many people gave them their password and this is why they're having problems.

Honestly I don't remember if I did the first 2 times it happened several years ago but it's quite possible they asked me for my password and I may have given it to them. Now I'm older and wiser and I realize that no one should ever ask for my password ever even if they work in the fraud department. I sincerely hope they look into this company and I hope this helps someone else who may be in the same situation.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I have been having trouble with this card since August of last year. I can't log in into their website. I have called several times and nobody seems to know anything. Money was deposited into the account 4 days ago. Again, I tried to log in to transfer the money and I was not able to. I went to a 7-Eleven to try to withdraw money and it didn't allow me to withdraw any money, I kept on getting this message, "Unable to process this trans at this time." I went to my bank and I couldn't withdraw money either, at my bank ATM I got this other message, "There was a technical problem completing your transaction. Please try again later."

I try to avoid using my bank ATM because it charges me $3 per transaction. Unfortunately it happens it is a Sunday. I called the EPPICard 1800 customer service number. It tells me the money is there, but I can't withdraw it. After reading all these reviews I am freaking out that I won't be able to withdraw the money. This is so inconvenience. This company is terrible and there should be an easier way for us to get the money so we can use it.

Eppicard author review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information