Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.47/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I am a victim of fraud from Ga. Eppicard card services. My son's child support was stolen and I'm told I can't get my $1200 back. I have the suspect name and address which was given to me by the detective on the case but still Eppicard says they can't give me my funds back. I think Eppicard is the one whose taking people's funds and they should be penalized for it. If there's a way to sue them I think anyone living in GA. having the same issues with their Eppicard, we should get together and sue the hell out of the fraud department cause they stealing money!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

These people are the most nastiest rude disrespectful company I have ever had to do with!!!! They never answer the phone and when they do they have an attitude also take me a month to get my new card. Was on line holding for a supervisor for 1hr and 40 minutes out of ** line. Something needs to be done asap. Not to mention the dumb ** lady repeatedly my ss number out loud twice which is against the law. They have to ask you to repeat it if they did not get it right. I'm going to be contacting the state about these disgusting disrespectful workers!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Somebody transferred $400 into a random account in Utah. I discovered it within 24 hours and spent 3 hours on phone with them and filed a report but they cannot promise I will get my $400 back. Seems these cards should be more secure and customer service was so dang rude ugh.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

The customer service is terrible. I called to get a new card because mine was expiring. 1. They forgot to mail it out. On the 1st of the month my card expired. 2. I was told by one rep that I could use my old card while waiting for my new card, but he deactivated it right away... making me late on daycare payment. 3. I was told by 2 reps it would take 7-10 CALENDAR days and I could expect it on a Sunday...but the third rep said 7-10 business days. Not sure who they hire for customer service reps, but they do not have it together.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have been waiting on my unemployment card going on TWO months, and every time I call they give me the runarounds. And the people that speak foreign act like they get aggravated fast. They be ready to switch you over to another representative because you did supposedly didn’t answer a question right. SMH. Get a EPPIcard business in each state. Maybe it WILL solve a lot of confusion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Wow... I don't know where to start. I have been around and around with this company. I was supposed to get my card in August. Well September came and went, no card. I have called multiple times. Some of the customer service people talk to me and some say they can't verify my account because I'm new so they have to transfer me to a different department. I waited for 1 hour and 48 minutes on hold listening to music before I gave up and hung up the phone.

It's now October 12th. I FINALLY got a card. I called to activate it only to be told this was the first card that they sent out and since I never received it that it had been deactivated and there's NO WAY to activate it again???? Excuse me???? So I've been waiting for MONTHS for a card and this is the wrong one but great. I can wait another couple MONTHS for another I guess??? What??? It should NOT take that long. Some people have bills and can't sit around and wait 2 and a half months for their money. They will be homeless or car repossessed or starved by then!!!! It's absolutely ridiculous. And I am SO MAD right now I am literally shaking and really?? It's ok to wait almost 2 hours on hold???? And when I told them about it they didn't even seem to care.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I have been disputing a transaction since June 19. The disputes team will not investigate with the merchant. They have denied my dispute twice now. The second time telling me they received documentation from the merchant that allowed for them to deny and close my dispute. I called the merchant back to ask what docs they sent as I was advised the funds never transferred that it was actually declined 3 times. They told me that the Go Card had to provide this so called documentation to me. So I requested the information and of course no one who works at this CO. can advise on what is going on or the steps they are taking in researching my dispute.

When I finally received the Docs it was just a print out of my Go Card Transactions which clearly shows exactly what the merchant stated the transfer was declined 3 times. So when my next child support payment hit my account instead of having a + balance I was at a $0 balance because the Go Card swears that my transaction went through. I have spent over 10 hrs and transferred to so many people and they all say the same thing, "You have to wait for a decision," and now that I have a denied dispute twice I cannot get anyone on the phone to reopen and take this higher up. I have offered my bank statements from the other merchant that Go Card says I have to dispute with them, there is nothing to dispute with the merchant as the transaction never went through. And Go Card admitted that they will not allow you to go negative on a transaction but yet per CS team I did.

I have been going in circles with this Co for 3+mos over. I feel like either they have the most incompetent people handing their CS and Disputes dept or they are just crooks. But I am not giving up. They have my money and I now have the docs to prove that they have lied to me numerous times. This is my child support money but most of all the fact that I wait on hold for sometimes 1.5 hrs per call and not to have one single person willing to take initiative to provide Customer Service or support and just pass it along like "nope, not in my scope." This screams crooked and/or incompetent. VA should be ashamed to do business with a so called financial institution/merchant that would allow a Mother of two to have to wait of 3 mos to receive a child support payment.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

How long does it take to receive your card? I was sent a new card on September 16th. Waited 15 days and still nothing so then I called and they said it was sent back. So ok order another replacement card on September 30th and still nothing. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get to Cleveland Ohio?? I'm financially struggling and about to get evicted.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Today I called to check my balance through the automated sys. When I entered my pin, the sys stated it was the wrong pin. I had just checked my card balance earlier that morning, using the exact same pin. I was prompted to speak with a Rep. After holding for 40 minutes. He kindly apologized and stated I was routed to the wrong dept.

I was placed on hold for another 30 minutes and spoke to another Rep. He stated I should be able to reset my pin if I follow the prompts. He conferenced me unto the automated sys again. I followed the prompts and it didn't work. Then he stated, we have to hold for another Rep again, because he don't know how to end the conference call, to redial them again. I decided to hang up and call back. I held for 2hrs. I called a third time and spoke to a Rep. She stated I would have to wait exactly 24hrs to reset my pin. Unbelievably Insane! This is a poor demonstration of customer service. I'm desperately in need of money, and I never entered the wrong pin in the first place. Something needs to be done.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Recently, I am a victim of fraud due to my EppiCard for my child support payments. I called customer service many times and have received mixed answers. There are two transactions by the same merchant that were not my purchases. One for $51 and two weeks later, another transaction for $102 after my child support payment was put on the card. The first time I called and spoke with a representative, I was told the money that was fraudulently stolen would be put on a new EppiCard once I receive it, but since the transaction was still pending, I would need to call back once it “settled”. (Note: they did not cancel the card at this time.)

A couple of days later the transaction “settled” and I called EPPICARD customer service and this time they canceled my card and sent me a new replacement card. Once I activated my card, I noticed my balance was still $0.00, so I called customer service back to ask why the money that was stolen wasn’t returned to the card. This time they tell me I will have to fill out a fraud claim that they will be sending through the mail to fill out and return.

It has been 3 days, and I still have not received the paperwork and I can’t call customer service again because I will be charged $.20 again, which will put me at a negative balance. Why was there no mention of this paperwork or cancellation of my stolen card number the first time I called? And why is my balance still zero, when they said they could see the purchases/ transactions happened in another country when I spoke to them on the phone? I have not left the country (I do not own a passport) to make any purchases.

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information