1.17/5

Looking for a great Credit Card?

590 Eppicard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have dealt with Eppicard Georgia for the past 16 years. Up until 5 years ago, there were no issues. But now this bank/company withholds the payments past the timeframe allowed. The last 5 years has been a constant battle to get my children's money released. I cannot ever get a customer service representative on the phone to address these issues, every time I check the balance, $.35 is deducted from the pending balance. This company has been stealing money from my children $.35 at a time. I am changing my direct deposit over to my checking account after this payment is released. The state of Georgia will not do anything towards correcting these problems with this company/bank.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

This is my 3rd time trying to withdraw my child support payment off this card and they have charged me .40 just for putting my card in the machine, and they try to cover themselves by using the transaction code ATM denial fee! The ATM only denied it because EPPICARD charged me .40 as soon As my card entered the machine so the amount I was trying to withdraw was no longer the correct amount. When trying to reach someone it’s a very long hold time, and when you finally get someone they have 1000 excuses! They put in a so called dispute but nothing is ever done! This company is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and they need to be shut down.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

First of all it is literally impossible to talk to a customer service person. You can never talk to anyone. Then the automated line hangs up on you with every single call. Then your money is sitting there but not on the card. You can't update your information from anyone because nothing works. I have tried to update my info on the website for years no luck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

On 9/19/18 I discovered four separate transactions on my debit card. They were made in Tanzania, Africa. I live in North Carolina so clearly there is no way these purchases could have been made by me. I canceled the card immediately. I had to call the number on the back of the card several times in order to get a live person. No one was helpful. Each supervisor that I spoke to was rude. I asked why were these transactions even allowed to go through because they were clearly fraudulent, and the response was “well we can’t catch everything”.

I spoke to another woman earlier today and asked what happens if they do not recoup the money and she proceeds to tell me “then you don’t get your money back”. That is completely unacceptable. This is the second time my card information has been stolen and money has been taken from me but no one seems to care. I’m out of $300 and have no idea if I will get it back. Something seriously needs to be done about this! Child support enforcement needs to drop these people because consumers are being ripped off due to their careless business practices.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I called in my card and noticed I had received funds on July 31, 2018. It’s September 16, 2018 now. I haven’t used my card since March of this year. Me not knowing I had any funds on it. So, I started my call with the call center number. I explained to the rep that I had money on my card from July did I didn’t receive physically. She told me she would put something on her end for someone to help me and to call the number on the back of my card. After hanging up with her, I called the number on the back of my card. I told the rep the exact thing I told her. He proceeds to tell me to call my local DSS office and to let them know what’s going on. I called them and let the young man who answered know what was going on. He transferred me to someone else. I told him the exact same thing. He asked me “Do I receive FI.” I told him no. His response, “I can’t help with that, call the court house that have your case.” And he gave me the number.

Again, here I am calling around. I called the number and explained the same thing to the lady who picked up. I was told, “Oh, it looks like your case is open for someone to view.” I tried explaining to her that it just happened because I just got off the phone. I was told, “You’ll get a call back.” After getting off the phone I checked my transactions online. I finally realized that someone from a different state was making purchases with my card for the whole month of August. I’m not sure why a rep from the card, nor call center thought to check my transaction history. At least try while I’m on the phone.

Another thing I been noticed which I told a rep about is every time I update my password on the online website it’ll change. Every time I log off and come back my password won’t take. I save my passwords in my note section on my phone to see if it’s the system. It’s the system. I’ve never dealt with this before the longest I’ve had this card. I hope to get this situation fixed in a timely manner. I will be calling first thing Monday morning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I filed a dispute over charges for meat I pre-ordered and the company went out of business. I sent copies of the emails and texts from the company stating they were closing their doors and in bankruptcy. I received a letter from Eppicard stating that the dispute was being denied as the company proved otherwise. How is that possible? Did they even go over my paperwork and how come when everyone else contacts this company (Zaycon Farms) they cannot get through to anyone. If you google them there are hundreds of thousands of complaints similar to mine! Eppicard is the worst in my book!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Yup... After you fight to get someone to actually help you with your problem, they begin charging your card. Now 25 cents may not be a lot but imagine not knowing that after you've called for weeks! I can't log in my account again because it says it's "suspended" or something so I call to speak with someone about it and they go to transfer me to someone else so that I get hung up on! Their reason is because they get a full volume of calls! So call back in an hour! There is no direct number to the dept. I hate this company! They are taking child support money from customers charging them for their incompetence... For their horrible customer service. My only option right now is to report my card lost to receive a new one possibly just to get it unlocked! And that will cost too! But what else can you do when you are tired of getting hung up on! Why are they allowed to do this?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So, the morning my latest deposit was made, and my cash is gone. I only found out when I went to the atm to withdraw the money. I go to the site to see what’s going on with the account and see IT'S GONE! So I call them and explain the charges are not mine. Keep in mind, these were 3 charges to the same store. That alone would have been suspicious to a REAL bank. So they explain to me that I’ll have to call back and dispute the charges once they have cleared, since they’re on “hold”. When they clear, the next day, I call and there is now no option to get a live person since my card how Now been cancelled. I have to know or find out how to trick the system to putting me on with a live person by choose the option that my new card has not made it to me yet, being ordered 7-10 days ago.

That process alone is bull that a consumer should not experience. Next when I get a human being, they then take my info and proceed to transfer me to “level 2” where a recording tells me my call cannot be completed at this time, and disconnects the call. I called by 3 times. Each time this happened. Later that evening I call back and ask for a supervisor who then magically gets me to a live person. Now there is an investigation and I still do not have the $203 that was deposited on my card this week. This card is trash. Save yourself a headache, put these folks out of a commission and get Direct Deposit. They suck. A real bank would credit your card the amount while this matter is investigated. I did not know until this happened, but this is a prepaid card.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I've been dealing with Eppicard for 12yrs now. And this year was THE WORST BY FAR. 6. Six is the magical number of times my Eppicard CS card was used in Paramus, NJ at a Macy's store. Do I live in Paramus? No. Do I live NEAR Paramus? No. Eppicard CS even told me some were IN STORE purchases. Even though my money was refunded each and every time-It's MIGHTY suspicious that my card was used multiple times within a 2 month time range-a different card/number/pin each time.

Coincidence? I think no. I really believe that somebody was hacking Eppicard computer system and using that for their personal shopping card. And the sad thing is-it wasn't just me. I've had a few others complain about the same thing. Did Eppicard do anything? They just refunded the money and issue a new card...to which it's only a matter of time until they try to use that information to drain my account again. Thankfully I've found a loophole and I'm filing paperwork to get my daughter's CS direct deposited into my bank account so I never have to use Eppicard again. It's ridiculous-they used to be an amazing card company but this past year they've tanked.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This company is a joke. They charge High amount of fees for it being child support. I refer to Oklahoma DHS and Eppicard. As EPIC FAIL and Dishonest Homewrecker Service... The state of Oklahoma will ROB you and so will this company. Get OuT While you Can!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

After someone tried to make a purchase a big one. I was told to cancel the card get a new one, and that a 5.00 fee would be charged. I was told to call back then they would reverse it since it was an attempt at fraud. It has been 2 months. They have not returned the money. This card is meant (in my case) for child support payments, and while 5.00 may not be a big deal to some it is to single mothers trying to support kids of deadbeat dads. I feel this is not a fair company in any way. Enjoy your 5pm cocktail on me I guess. I will be closing my account. Going back to paper checks. Also it doesn't matter that Comerica is listed on the card. I called them too. They told me they only supply the plastic. Go figure!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have no complaints except one. But I'll start with the good, I lost my card. I was able to speak to a very friendly customer service rep that gave me number to call to replace my card. My new card arrived within a week. No issues with activation. The only bad thing I have to say is that my child support doesn't post until in the evening. Not sure if it's the card or child support agency.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I tried going on their site to register my card. When you get to the page to obtain a "keyword" to confirm your registration it takes you to an error page. I have called Eppicard 3 times - the first 2 calls I was told the department that works on that doesn't take calls. They will take my information and someone will call you. Three weeks later no calls. I then call a 3rd time and I ask for where I can file a formal complaint and was told that they need to see who I should complain to. Well several minutes on the phone I decided Consumer Affairs was the way to go. It becomes an inconvenience when I have to enter the card and so on if I call from a phone other than my home phone - great in a day of cell phones I can't access Eppicard.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This company has by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered. If you can fool their system so that a real person picks up a phone, they just refer or transfer you to another voice mail maze. I can only imagine how many millions of dollars they have from people giving up trying to collect. I am administering an estate for someone that was receiving support payments in Pennsylvania. She had always had problems getting money as they have no online transfer systems so she would have to physically go to her bank to access her Eppicard funds or withdraw from an ATM subject to their daily limits. After her death I have been trying to get her funds distributed. So far 20 calls and no satisfaction. Why the states that use them do so is beyond me. There is something suspicious about the way they operate.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Their customer service informed me that as long as I use one of the "In-Network ATMs", I will not be charged any fees to access my money. It turned out that they will charge you fees for something as simple as checking your account balance. When I called Customer Service to ask them to reverse the fee, they verified that the ATM is part of the In-Network. All they can say is they will open a ticket and send it to another department to get approved for the credit which can take 5 business days. When I asked how I can make sure this doesn't keep happening, the Rep said to try using a different ATM. Bad business practice. Very misleading!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I reported card lost and before that transferred balance to another bank accounts I got emails verifying my transfer went through and I lost access to online account until New card arrived. 2 weeks later I call. They denied I ever transferred money or notified them of lost card then want to charge 15 for it to get there in two days. All they can say is sorry and rude, brush you off the phone and not professional.

Original review: May 22, 2018

This is the worst card ever. Money don't post on time, money be missing, charge too much to check balance, your payment really go to Eppicard... kids may be hungry. Gotta wait days later. Sometime money still not available. Please don't use this card if you don't have to. Customer service have attitudes. Or don't speak your language... I cant deal. PLEASE CLOSE THIS BUSINESS DOWN. WE NEED ANOTHER CARD TO SEND PAYMENTS TO. EPPICARD FAILED US.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Tonight was not my first interaction with Eppicard, but it definitely upset me enough to actually write a review. Not only was I on hold, given the runaround by an automated service that NEVER GIVES THE OPTION OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, so I finally pressed buttons enough to get to someone. I was locked out of my account online after entering my card number and three digit code on the back, the website ONLY gives their "customer service" number to call, so that's why I called them. After getting a live person, I explained my problem and how I needed to get my account unlocked. The rep advised that they have nothing to do with the website/online services and that he would need to put in a ticket.

The rep also stated that I would hear from someone within five business days. I asked the rep if the person calling would leave a number to call back if I cannot answer, you know, because I WORK... And he said no, that if there was no answer, that would just be it. So that further pissed me off, only to then ask if I would have to call again, if the call was missed, only to put in another ticket and wait another five business days, to maybe answer that call, again, basically be available 24 hours/day for the next five business days because he didn't know when they would call.

The rep did offer to put in a timeframe that might be more open to my schedule to receive the call, however, advised that it was not a guarantee they would call during the requested time. What??? What kind of customer service is this?? I asked to speak to a supervisor because surely this rep was wrong... But nope, the supervisor said the same exact horrible answer. I am canceling my card, I do not support Eppicard, I wouldn't care if they went out of business, they are not here to help those who receive funds, but instead to profit off of child support that is for our children. Give me a break.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Many times I have attempted to contact Eppicard customer service and it is impossible to get a live person. It's ridiculous, there is NO option to talk to an operator at all, and if you stay on the line like people instruct you to do eventually you just get hung up on. This is very frustrating when a cardholder needs to speak to someone. This has been an ongoing issue with this company for years. Someone needs to wake up and fix it.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My Indiana Debit card information was stolen somehow and used at a Walmart in Chandler, AZ on 03/11/18 for a total of 150.00. I called on 3/12/18 to let them know it appears someone has made like a clone card with numbers off my credit card and I needed to dispute this and cancel my card. I have never been to AZ and have no idea how this happened. I received the paperwork to fill out on 3/19/18 and put it in the mail on 3/21/18. When I called to see why they have not put the credit back on my card since this is VISA insured by FDIC I should have had it back within days, to my understanding, and then they proceed with investigation and take it back if they find my actions fraudulent.

However Eppicard had no clue what FDIC was. They said they are not a bank and I had 10 days to get the paperwork back in order to get my provisional credit right away. I didn't get it in a timely fashion in the mail so I could only mail it back once I received it. The money is still not on the account and I am just glad that I don't have an infant or am a single mother who needs the 150.00 to get them food since it is my child support. In my option this card servicing company is worthless.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This company is taking in court-ordered child support and charging the recipient to get their money. Rip off. This disgusting company is making profits off children and single mothers who need their child support to live. Government needs to address this scam and they need federal regulation. No one will help in customer service and now I am 3 months without my child support. They need to be investigated. I am sure they are making interest off my money and then I have to pay them to get my money. Sounds like some government person is also lining their pockets on the back of families - deplorable.

Original review: March 23, 2018

State of Florida site states that my payment has been processed but Eppicard shows zero balance. When I call customer service, I receive message that it can take up to 48 hours for payment to post and I cannot get a live person on the phone. This seems crooked to me. What are they doing with that money for 48 hours?

Original review: March 12, 2018

Very dissatisfied. Never can't get questions answered. My case worker can't answer or help me with questions. Doesn't let me go through process of opening a account in the page. Keep saying can't find any client that matches the given biographical information. Frustrating. Why do I do no answers to help me. Been calling 866-320-8822 for 3 months. System is not reliable.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Supposed to get my money same day every month at midnight. Well that may happen twice a year. The rest of the time I guess they decide when it's going to show on my card. 8 am or 3 pm or 2 days after I'm supposed to have it. This is ridiculous and why is the gov't using a unaccredited company?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I am very unhappy with this system. I’ve had it for years and get very little Child Support as it is however every single time that I use this card money is being withdrawn from my account. Even though the back of the card says it’s a Wells Fargo credit card and I use a Wells Fargo ATM every single time they take out money for not only withdrawing funds but also checking balances. I believe this is fraudulent that they force you into a card like this and then take your money when you try to check your balance or Withdraw it.

I’ve even read on their site that the card was the best option since they do not take your money however this is definitely not my experience. I have tried to call on multiple occasions one time waiting on the phone for over 38 minutes and then another for 45 and never getting anybody on the phone. I don’t have time to wait all day as I have three children and have to work full-time. Needless to say I have no confidence after reading the other reviewer’s that they care and will do anything about it. I guess I’ll have to check the legal recourse.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My card was used several times in another state. After jumping through several hoops and a long wait, I did finally get my money back. I also have an issue with the fact that there are very few ATM's available and no way to search online for a location near me. Speaking to someone in customer service is next to impossible and when you do, they speak broken English and are hard to understand. I can't comprehend why so many states use this card for child support and other payments when I haven't seen one good review online. The government agencies that have chosen this card as an option must know this.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I called to report a fraudulent charge on my card. They said in order to dispute it I would have to cancel my card and order a new one. She assured me it would only take 5 days to get a new one at the max. It's been 5 days and I still haven't got it. I got a big child support payment and I can't even use it because I still haven't got my card! But I received my paperwork for my fraud claim! How is it they can get the paperwork to me this fast but NOT my card! I'm a widow and a single mom. I live in daily pain so I can't work. I do live with and take care of my dad whom has congestive heart failure and COPD. He takes all my time that IF I could work, I still couldn't because of him.

Anyhow, I called to ask where my card was. She was extremely rude and it was unprovoked. I was polite. She told me she couldn't help me. I asked what state they were based in, she refused to tell me. So after a few minutes I decided to call back to see if I could get my payment transferred to my bank card because on the website it says make a one time transfer. So the same women answers and she heard it was me and she said NOPE! And hung up on me! So I was pissed because it took me 10 mins just to get her to answer!

So I called back. She picked up and hung up on me! So at this point I was livid! I called a 3rd time, a different lady answered and I told her what happened and she legit snickered quietly! So I started to ask about the transfer, RIGHT in the middle of me talking she said hold on really rude and put me on hold and after being on hold for 15 mins she picked up and hung up on me! So I tried calling back and they wouldn't answer after that! It's Ridiculous!!! They shouldn't be allowed to get away with treating single moms this way!

A lot of us really depend on our money and they charge us insane fees for everything and then they're extremely rude when we do call! I called my local child support office and even though I couldn't file a complaint with them I told the lady all that happened and she said, "I'm so sorry they treated you that way," and she felt bad. I told her I just wanted you to know how awful they were. The lady told me that they use them to issue their cards for child support payments. As any of you know there is NO way to file a complaint with child support or this company because on the website it refers you to the phone # we all dread calling.

There has GOT to be a way to turn them in for the way they treat people. I encourage you all to report them to child support office because if enough of us complain maybe child support will switch companies or do something about it. I'm trying to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well. In hindsight it wasn't a big fraudulent charge, the thing was I had a new friend use his Amazon acct to purchase something for my son on my card, Amazon had saved my card to his acct and when he purchased something for his daughter it charged my card and not his. He had to have known before it went thru that it was my card and not his. So I ordered a new card to block him from doing that a 2nd time. If it wasn't for that I'd have let it go. I hope they get stopped because what their doing isn't right! We all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect! And, we don't deserve to be taxed as much as we do!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When my card expired in January I called them in December and ask them when to expect a card. They said, "Don't worry you'll get it before the end of January." So February rolls around and I still don't have my card. So I called this morning and they said, "Sure will send you a new one but it's going to cost you $5." I'm not going to pay that. I'm going to have to call them back and complain to the manager or whatever to get my money back. Also why is it that they hold child support payments and not release them until they are ready to? Seems like child support money should be released asap.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have had this card for 8 years. This last year has been horrible. Charging my card fees all the time, taking money out of my account all the time and it doesn't add up. Takes them over an hour to answer the phone and when they do they get very confrontational if you have a problem. By the time I spoke to a supervisor that said they would fix the fees they still have yet not fix them and it's been over a month. They used to be really good. Now the services are horrible. I am in the process of switching to having my money put into my checking.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Tennessee Way2Go Card - On December 11, 2017 I called several times trying to reach Customer Service to report 2 charges from Facebook. One charge was for $25.24 and the other charge was for $25.00. I finally spoke with someone around 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon, explaining that these charges didn't belong to me. She said they were fraudulent charges, I said no not fraud, they don't belong to me, I don't do business on Facebook. Next she said she would have to close my card and issue a new one and I said, “Well wait let me go and get money out. My son is in a wheelchair and has medical issues and needs supplies.” She said, “Too late, I already locked your card, a new one will take 5 to 7 days.” I said, “I can't wait that long for $118.+ - I need it now.”

So she said she filed a dispute, it will take 45 days. Christmas around the corner. As I was thinking about it I went back on my account and noticed all these $.25 and $.50 charges on my account, I called them back and was fuming and got a different lady and she said, “Well didn't you know you can only make 4 calls a month.” I said NO. I didn't want this card. They are fighting with me to return my son's money. For his medical needs and food.

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
    Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information