Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.04/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

This has to be the worst scam ever. I am extremely disappointed that Wisconsin is using this card. Every time a transaction is tried and there isn't enough to cover it, it does what it should and reject it. However, you get charged .75 cents every time. So, if you have Apple or Amazon subscriptions that will try daily, sometimes multiple times daily to renew, you get a fee. I stopped using the card, but it won't close. Stopped letting Eppicard steal money that is meant for my children. It's currently at a -$245 and I absolutely refuse to ever pay them back. That is $245 in .75 cent fees over 6 months for a card they refuse to close!! What an absolute scam. No state should ever utilize a card like this. It prays upon mothers and children (unless that's exactly what they want). Pathetic.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Third time in a week have been on hold over an hour. The first time I called is when I learned my account had be restricted due to fraudulent activity. WOW news to me because I never got any call, email, nothing. So I originally talk to one guy who asks like three questions then says I am going to have to transfer you. That hold time was so long I actually fell asleep while on hold. Woke up the counter was at 2 hours 21 minutes. The second call same original transfer then hung up on after an hour wait.

Now as I type this I have called twice the first time endless hold called back got a live rep who goes on to tell me I will have to transferred again. I'm like pause first is there a direct number because I am tired of waiting on hold for the original person to only put me on hold for the endless hold. BTW the hold music SUCKS and every so often a glimmer of hope but nope the auto message of our "AGENTS ARE STILL BUSY PLEASE HOLD WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE". My child's funds are being held hostage and I have no idea why. This is ASININE and horrible way to do business. Current hold time is 1 hour 4 min 55 sec with no end in sight. Would have rated a ZERO if Allowed.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I called to check the outcome of my fraud case and I was told it was denied and closed due to conflicting information. Seriously WTH because there were numerous charges made to the same place, ok so no **. This is why I reported it. Damn it I'm 45 yo I dont play ** games online or anywhere else for that matter. So I asked to talk to a supervisor and this guy Ivan says, "We dont have a supervisor." WTH. Everyone has a supervisor. "Um well we dont." I asked for his last name or employee number..his response, "Um I have a family too and I'm not giving you my last name or number," like, "Wtheck. Are you that ignorant? I'm trying to get my money back not screw with you." Stupid. So I asked for the supervisor's name and he says, "Um I'm not allowed to give you that either.." like, "Who the ** do you wk for that you have no sup.." Cant give a full name or number.

I cont to tell him I want my case reopened. He said, "Sorry decision is final." The hell it is. What is the use of having a fraud dept if you're gonna allow people to take our money from us and just let these fraudulent charges be made and us pay for it..** I'm beginning to wonder if it's the Eppic employees doing this to us. I will be getting a hold of someone. Believe that.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have my card from NJ and I have been calling since Nov 2019 about a dispute. I was told I would get credited but then they turn around and tell me it was closed. They won’t open my case back up and I’m always on the phone with someone for almost 2 hours just for them to tell me they have no record of anything. My card was used. I spoke with the company and now EPPICard isn’t trying to give me my money back after I asked to speak with a manager. Who will be in contact with me 24-48 hours and it’s been a week. I wish there was someone higher than them I can speak with. Customer service sucks. The wait time on hold is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This is an issue with child support Eppicard account. On January 9, 2020, I was made aware of fraudulent charges on my account, due to an attempt to use my card at a local place and it was declined. Unfortunately in 12 years I have never been able to access my account on the recommended website, and I have been forced to call the number on the back of the card to verify transactions, and deposits. All the while getting charged a .25 fee after three calls a month.

As it appeared according to my transaction history, my card had been compromised or duplicated and the criminal was using it at locations in another state. When I attempted to contact customer service to inquire about the issue, I was on hold for several hours waiting to speak with a live representative. Once I was finally connected I was able to speak with someone who accessed my account and confirmed that there were several hundred dollars in unauthorized charges on my card. After confirming, the representative was able to cancel the current card and then I was placed on hold yet again to file a complaint with the fraud department. I waited another two hours to speak with someone and Once I was able to verbally connect, They collected all my information again and informed me that a new card would be issued, and paperwork to complete for the fraud claim would be sent out by mail.

Next I was put on hold again before being transferred to another agent who again collected all my information and reviewed the issue. Due to the circumstances of my case, they assured me that the claim would be expedited and that I should receive all paperwork and my new card in the mail within 7-10 business days. Within 3-4 business days I received the fraud dispute paperwork, as well as a privacy page and brochure regarding my new Eppicard. I did not receive a card though. When I attempted to contact customer service again regarding this matter, I was on hold once more for several hours. When I was finally connected to a live representative, I inquired about the tracking information regarding my new card. The representative insisted that I should be receiving the new card any day now, and that I must simply continue to wait. No tracking information was available.

The next day I received a paper from the fraud department stating that my claim had been approved and my account had been reimbursed with the amount of the stolen funds, and now closed. Initially they closed the dispute even before they received the paperwork I had mailed out the day before. I attempted to call the number located on the bottom of the paper I received from the fraud department to inquire and was immediately connected to an agent who collected my social and other information again. After explaining the reason for my call, I was told I had been transferred to the wrong department, he then places me on hold to transfer me to another department, and I waited on hold for over one hour before being connected with another representative.

I inquired about the fraud dispute being closed before they received my completed paperwork and a copy of the police report, and he assured me that everything with my account was in order. He requested to go ahead and send in the forms I completed anyway so they could be put on file. Next he confirmed that the funds had been reissued to my account, and my balance portrayed the information. He insisted to wait until my mail ran in the next two days and I should be receiving my card since it was in fact expedited. 3 days later my card still has not arrived, and I proceeded to contact customer service again. After being placed on hold for another extended amount of time, I was connected with a different representative yet again.

Once more they obtained all my personal information before asking what she could assist me with. I inquired at this point about the balance on my account, and requested to know whether the new card had been physically mailed out, or just issued. The representative stated that the card was physically mailed out on the exact date of the other paperwork that I had already received. When I asked why I had not received the card but had already received the other forms, she stated that since the card did not come from the same place, it may take a bit longer.

She instructed me to wait another 2-3 business days and that if I did not receive the card by then, to call them back, and they would restart this whole process for me. When I asked her how we could track the card status in the mail, she stated that only expedited cases could be tracked. I let her know that my card was expedited! Hence the reason the fraud dispute had already been closed, I'm assuming and the other paperwork had already been received. The representative at this point only insisted that I continue to wait for the next 2-3 business days on the card to arrive and call them back again if it didn't.

This entire process is unprofessional, and extremely sketchy. I have researched the Eppicard company several times through this ordeal, and absolutely every review is negative and regarding the same type of issues with customer service. Surely someone is above this state agency who could investigate the company itself. With the thousands of complaints they receive on a daily basis, it would appear there is something wrong, and yet no one anywhere is able to put a stop to this ongoing process. I would highly suggest that some type of action be taken on behalf of the consumers who are forced to work with the Eppicard system and Conduent Bank they operate through. Notice of complaints needs to be acknowledged and addressed.

This system has been operating unacceptably for many years, and yet they continue to get by with this horrible customer service, and run arounds about answering questions and providing assistance! I discovered that The company has not been accredited with the Better Business Bureau, and there seems to be no one to to report to in terms of supervisors or higher authority. We need a better system to work with than this. The physical checks that used to be mailed out from the state to receive child support payments seemed to work a lot better than the new modern electronic system that is in place today. I am pleading that someone do something about these complaints, and issues regarding the Eppicard system and bank.

This is not a matter to be taken lightly or brushed to the side. As I stated there are thousands, possibly millions of complaints, and I have not yet found a single positive review of said company. If you are one of the few who have not had any issues, consider yourself lucky! They just haven't found you yet! These issues are very real, and very distressing, and are affecting people financially beyond control! Some type of action or investigation needs to be addressed in pursuit of customer care, account protection, and funds access. Something should be done!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

1 hour and 20 minutes waiting for a customer service rep. This is crazy. I lost my card and I have call like 3 times. They hang up on me the first time while looking for my info and the last 2 times I was on hold for like the longest.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I received a notice from the Fraud Services Department which stated I had a temporary restriction on my card due to recent activity. Oddly, I've never used or even activated my card. On hold for over an hour????

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I've been on hold for over an hour trying to dispute a transaction. If they're going to have people waiting hours to speak with someone, why not offer the "call back" feature. This is ridiculous! I've tried disputing the charge online but it won't allow me. This is a mess! I've been on a hold so long even the music got tired of playing and stopped. If I didnt need their services I would have any dealings most definitely. You go on their website to conveniently handle things but is told to call and when you call... your phone will go dead from waiting so long.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Customer service is so disappointing. I've been on hold for now 2.21.05 long waiting for a human to answer. First when you call the number on the back of the card you have to hit lost card or dispute item in order to get through, once you there I get transferred to 3 different agents. After being on hold so long they hangs up. This been going on since 12/11/19 calling every day hoping to speak with someone to get the help I'm looking for. This crazy. No one should be on hold for 2 hours.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I had my child support deposited on January 6th, 2020. Went to withdraw my money. It was declined. I called number on back of my card. No option to talk to a live person. If you type in your card number you keep getting charged for calling. I went from a balance of $1032.92 down to $1022.78 just from trying to call to speak to someone to find out why I can't get my money. I have to select the option of lost card to speak to someone. I have called on January 6th, 7th, 8th, all 3 days have been on hold for over 2 hours. When they finally answered 1st time they say that it was accidentally locked, that I have to reset my pin and wait 12 hours to use it which I did. Went to bank on the next day again. Still declined. Call again. They say they don't see anything wrong. To just wait 24 hours to retry.

I waited 24 hours again. Card was declined again. Had to call them again. Waited on hold for an hour and then get disconnected again. It is now January 8th. I still can't get my money. No one can tell me why. I called child support office. They said they know about this problem but there's nothing they can do once the money has been deposited to this card.. it is infuriating and frustrating at how useless and unprofessional this company is. At this point I don't how and if I'm ever going to be able to get my money....

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information