Find the Best Card

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

606 Eppicard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Read reviews and GOD I'm not the only one experiencing this FRAUDULENT company! 2 separate charges from the same address in Gardena, California. 1st fraud I caught it 20 days after. 10/2018 $123 + Bal fee, withdraw fee. Fraud was committed with a card (how is this possible if I have my card in my possession? And, they used a PIN which I don't share and have never written down). I contacted CSR 3 different times. Changed my address w/ 1st rep. Cxld my card. Didn't receive card or paperwork. Called 2nd time nothing. 3rd call rep said nothing was in system. FedEx new card but didn't receive paperwork for Fraud claim. Then received a letter saying that my claim was denied?!?!

Received my card. Woohoo right? Nope!! 1/19 Another Fraudulent transaction for a higher amount $503 plus Bal inquiry, withdraw fee. Called in again. 1st rep took care of me but guess what?? Nothing in system regarding 1st fraud. Huh?? He cxld my card. Sent me a new one w/ a fee $5.00. I did receive $503 back... But, what happened w/$123 plus Bal inquiry, withdrawal fee, card fee? This company should not be used by Child Support Services.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I don’t like how I can’t use normal bank ATMs to withdraw money. Somehow my info (not the actual card) was stolen. Called 1/7/19 to report it stolen but “system” was down. Had no way to stop the pending fraudulent charges. Apparently this is very common. This company is currently involved in lawsuits regarding issues like mine. I’m still waiting for them to acknowledge they have received the dispute form.

If you have any unauthorized charges, make sure you send in the form within 10 business days. They put that part in the fine print. Get a police report and mail everything certified mail with confirmation or return receipt. And make sure you tell them if you have physical possession of the card. I didn’t realize they will charge you even if you are trying to deal with theft. It’s disgusting to read the experiences of others having to deal with this company. Most people have to use this card because the state decided to go with them for child support, unemployment, disability, etc. (The people who really can’t afford to have anything stolen from them in the first place).

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

People in 2 other states drained my account 3 weeks ago and no refund. Only excuses and policy procedures which are unacceptable. They mailed info to wrong address and will be an additional 45 days. UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

This company is ridiculous. Their system was down for two days. I called Thursday morning (1/17/19) at 8:03 am. The customer service lady told me the system was down and to call back later that day. I asked if the .50$ fee would be charged and she said yes every time I called. So I called again that afternoon - same thing. This time I spoke to a guy named Carlos and he said that he didn't know when the system would be up. I asked him about the fee. He said, "Hold on." He then comes back with, "Yes, since the systems are down, it'll be adjusted." So again I called that evening. Same thing.

I called again Friday morning. Same thing. Well I called tonight. Spoke to someone. And they say that I cannot be refunded the .50$ for me calling in. I spoke to a supervisor named Bryan, complete jerk. He tells me that I never have called in until now. I asked, "Well if the systems were down then it wouldn't show that I called." Duh!! He would never give a direct answer. Just kept reading his "script". This is ridiculous. Never have I dealt with such incompetence. I even work for the state. This isn't over. Forget the .50$ charges. This goes far beyond that.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Automated phone service is constantly malfunctioning. Have tried on numerous occasions to receive info re my account. The system rejects my info & terminates the call. No way to contact agent to resolve issue. Only one contact number given, website redirects back to original problem number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS CARD IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO. I have always been sent a paper check from my ex's employer until his most recent job change and they have forced me to go through the family support registry. I was able to have a paper check mailed to me on Fridays from California and receive it in Georgia on Mondays. I have now been waiting on this card a total of 9 days and it still hasn't arrived. It does not take this long to receive something in the mail. I haven't even received the card yet and can already tell this company is just as bad as all the reviews say.

At this point it seems by the time I get the card 3 payments will have been made and all of my money best be on the card. I am livid. There is no reason that the first card that is sent isn't automatically expedited. I will be transferring all the money to my personal bank account and setting up direct deposit as soon as I get the card. Getting child support is enough of a hassle and us custodial parents have to jump through enough hoops without having to wait and be told nothing but continue to wait. Avoid this card and company like the plague if at all possible.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Updated on 01/26/2019: After 2 and a half months I called AGAIN to get a status on my fraud case and at that time I was informed that my claim was denied. I couldn't and still can't understand how an investigation happens without any contact between investigators and ANY parties included! They are full of **! Snotty lazy attitudes. Shame on the states for partnering with these kind of incompetent people that take no real actions in resolving simple cases. I think their faulty system is another reason why foreign unauthorized transactions are a normal in these forums. They'll rush to put an unauthorized 35 cent foreign transaction credit back to your card immediately, but won't even bother dealing with the transactions/claims that involves real looking into. Just know desk 1, 2, 3 won't be of ANY help to you!

NOTE: Somehow your phone is connected to your account so if you ever have issued getting into your account using your card info, simply call from another phone and you'll hear prompts they wouldn't give you while calling from your registered number! One day I was checking my account online and I saw a "locked" notice over the status of my card so I tried accessing my account over the phone and it kept saying my card info was incorrect and just disconnects, so I call from another phone and I'm prompted to change my pin, once I changed my pin I was able to access my account over the phone via my registered number.

I asked why was my card locked in the first place and the rep acted as if I was making the whole thing up because she "couldn't see my card ever being locked, she only saw a pin change" so I informed the "idiot" of the sentimental value of my last pin # and why I would never change it unless it was somehow compromised. She basically said since she couldn't see my card had being locked, I guess in her eyes, I CHOSE to just change my pin randomly...NO!!!

They got tired of me calling about a status update on my fraud case and being that they really don't have investigators on the job, they locked my card so I couldn't call them because you can't access anyone via phone if you can't enter your card info and if your card is locked the call will keep hanging up. BOOOM! Spread the word!!! CALL FROM ANOTHER PHONE WHEN YOU CAN'T ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT/CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA YOUR REGISTERED NUMBER. If you ever want a live person listen to your last posted transactions (listen to the end!) then youll be prompted to file or dispute a transaction, select and desk 1 idiot should answer sounding half asleep and unaware of his job. Good luck!

Original Review: I received a child support deposit and went to a store for a purchase with cash back! My 1st transaction declined, so being it's my 2nd card (last card cancelled due to fraud out of country transactions) so I used another PIN for my 2nd transaction which also declined. I then racked up $5 in .50 fees calling to see what was going on! After an agent that didn't hang up on me helped me, my balance was $0 but how???? So, she says my 1st transaction went through, but myself and the merchant clearly saw it decline! Long story short! No transaction in merchant's daily transaction log (not even the last 4 digits from my card). Mind you it's 8:13 am and they open 7:30 so the log was short! Nobody could explain to me what happened!

I went to my online acct. And read the disclosure notices which mentions a provisional credit being applied pending an investigation! It was never offered or mentioned and when I asked about it the agent got snobby and said basically it's IF they feel like it! So I'm on their ** for the next 40 days!!!! Legal action is definitely next! And this imaginary desk 2 help!! (Same guy Every time.) Reads from a script of knowing NOTHING! Even after speaking to his supervisor I was left not knowing any status or info on the investigation!

By the way, the merchant where my card declined asked if they've corrected the error yet and that they STILL after 30 days have not contacted him regarding my son's funds! This transaction was on November 19, 2018! My son birthday was November 22! In 5 years his birthday was on Thanksgiving day just to get robbed electronically!!!! I'm still pissed!!!! I've already rerouted my son's deposits elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My child support was deposited on 11/14. Can't get the funds until the 11/16 but trying to save. I let the funds stay on the card until 11/19. Went to an ATM and found my Entire check was gone. Eppicard allowed 5 transactions to go through out of the state of California and I have a New Jersey Child-Support case, clearly fraud! Eppicard never canceled my card. I had to call them! I called and my wait time to cancel my card.

Refund my money and reorder a new card was ridiculous! I was on hold over an hour and online with the rep about 2 hours and STILL END UP HAVING TO CALL BACK AND WAS AN HOUR LATE clocking in on the line with them! I choose to pay a fee to have my new card express mail. UPS. In 2 days. Of course 3rd Day I call... Was told card was mailed? Tracking number will take 7-10 days! The reps were very inconsiderate, unprofessional, very rude and hung up as well! This is the worst card service to handle STATE CHILD SUPPORT FUNDS! I can't believe this. I needed my money for MY DAUGHTER in between my pay and I feel very Insecure about a service as bad as they are to handle my daughter's funds! They need to be shut down today. The worst experience, headache even and still didn't get helped!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

If I didn't know any better, I would think the company is selling our information. The fraudulent transactions on my card are ridiculous. There is no way, I can be in three different parts of the world at the same time using Lyft. When I finally reached a representative, I was told on numerous occasions that the systems were down, to call back tomorrow. When I finally spoke to a human that could access my account. I went through the transactions and filed a claim.

My claim was denied because, I should have caught the fraudulent charges earlier, I was told by a representative. I canceled the card and ordered a new card, within days of having the new card, fraudulent charges start appearing. When I called in to cancel card again, the representative spoke to me as if I was lying, and it was impossible for those charges to take place, unless I made them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

3x had issues with my card being compromised with fraudulent charges (The last being in Sep 2018 $1000). The money that is deposited to this account is from child support. Filed a claim over 3 weeks ago. They said they have 30-45 days to make a decision. Is this even legal? Further it would take 3-4 days to post once I received a payment. Customer service hold time are usually 30+ minutes or more, AND THEN half the time I got hung up on... RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

To say that I’m upset is an understatement! EPPICARD has to be the most awful business on this planet. I know from experience how the MANY others that have posted here feel. I am battling with EPPICARD to find the $1,422.00 that is missing from my account. It was there one day and in 2 days it was GONE. Customer service? OMG! The WORST ever! Especially since it’s impossible to speak to a real person. I’ve encountered many obstacles in my life but this one definitely takes the cake. They need to be shut down...and fast. I won’t stop until I find answers. I’m contacting everyone up the chain until I find someone who will help us. Yes, US. We’re all in this together.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Two payments were made on 10/11/18, I received one full payment and was shorted 75.00 on the other one. I called and they said I would get it by 11/5/18. Didn't get it!!! No one knows anything, they blame it on others.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This month was the first month my card didn't get its first of the month payment. It's sad that there no way to talk to a person, you only get a machine. And every time you call and get that machine it costs you 40 or 50 cent. That's crazy. I have to find another way other than Eppicard I see. I'm calling child support people Monday morning and get to the bottom of this. My card is updated, I didn't receive any notice of not getting child support or a renewal. Someone need to tell me something.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever seen in my life and I am over 60. It's the only company I know of that makes you give a stranger your entire social security number if you have to deal with customer service... this should not be legal. Sad part is if you have money stolen you have no choice! It takes several phone calls to find out how to place a fraud claim... hen it takes weeks to get papers to be able to file a claim, in the meantime all these strangers are getting all your personal info to do what they wish with it. No wonder our children's money is getting spent across the country somewhere. Why is the government letting them do us this way? I'm contacting my state representative... Somebody needs to shut these crooks down!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I would not recommend this product to anybody. I am not able to access the website for information on my monthly payments. I keep getting denied access even though my password is correct. I will get rerouted to change my password, get told it has been successfully updated, then told I am typing in wrong information and have been locked out of my account multiple times. I am not able to reach any customer service Representative either unless I report my card as lost, stolen, or damaged. This company is unreliable, unprofessional, and very inconsiderate to its customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

If Eppicard has denied your claim please contact the FDIC. The FDIC will investigate and will guide you thru each step. I have been trying to deal directly with Eppicard for 7 months with no success. After contacting the FDIC, an Eppicard rep. is contacting me. Plus, I no longer have to converse with Eppicard. The FDIC will speak to them for me. So please, if you have an issue with Eppicard, call the FDIC or go online. God bless!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have dealt with Eppicard Georgia for the past 16 years. Up until 5 years ago, there were no issues. But now this bank/company withholds the payments past the timeframe allowed. The last 5 years has been a constant battle to get my children's money released. I cannot ever get a customer service representative on the phone to address these issues, every time I check the balance, $.35 is deducted from the pending balance. This company has been stealing money from my children $.35 at a time. I am changing my direct deposit over to my checking account after this payment is released. The state of Georgia will not do anything towards correcting these problems with this company/bank.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

This is my 3rd time trying to withdraw my child support payment off this card and they have charged me .40 just for putting my card in the machine, and they try to cover themselves by using the transaction code ATM denial fee! The ATM only denied it because EPPICARD charged me .40 as soon As my card entered the machine so the amount I was trying to withdraw was no longer the correct amount. When trying to reach someone it’s a very long hold time, and when you finally get someone they have 1000 excuses! They put in a so called dispute but nothing is ever done! This company is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and they need to be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

First of all it is literally impossible to talk to a customer service person. You can never talk to anyone. Then the automated line hangs up on you with every single call. Then your money is sitting there but not on the card. You can't update your information from anyone because nothing works. I have tried to update my info on the website for years no luck.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

On 9/19/18 I discovered four separate transactions on my debit card. They were made in Tanzania, Africa. I live in North Carolina so clearly there is no way these purchases could have been made by me. I canceled the card immediately. I had to call the number on the back of the card several times in order to get a live person. No one was helpful. Each supervisor that I spoke to was rude. I asked why were these transactions even allowed to go through because they were clearly fraudulent, and the response was “well we can’t catch everything”.

I spoke to another woman earlier today and asked what happens if they do not recoup the money and she proceeds to tell me “then you don’t get your money back”. That is completely unacceptable. This is the second time my card information has been stolen and money has been taken from me but no one seems to care. I’m out of $300 and have no idea if I will get it back. Something seriously needs to be done about this! Child support enforcement needs to drop these people because consumers are being ripped off due to their careless business practices.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I called in my card and noticed I had received funds on July 31, 2018. It’s September 16, 2018 now. I haven’t used my card since March of this year. Me not knowing I had any funds on it. So, I started my call with the call center number. I explained to the rep that I had money on my card from July did I didn’t receive physically. She told me she would put something on her end for someone to help me and to call the number on the back of my card. After hanging up with her, I called the number on the back of my card. I told the rep the exact thing I told her. He proceeds to tell me to call my local DSS office and to let them know what’s going on. I called them and let the young man who answered know what was going on. He transferred me to someone else. I told him the exact same thing. He asked me “Do I receive FI.” I told him no. His response, “I can’t help with that, call the court house that have your case.” And he gave me the number.

Again, here I am calling around. I called the number and explained the same thing to the lady who picked up. I was told, “Oh, it looks like your case is open for someone to view.” I tried explaining to her that it just happened because I just got off the phone. I was told, “You’ll get a call back.” After getting off the phone I checked my transactions online. I finally realized that someone from a different state was making purchases with my card for the whole month of August. I’m not sure why a rep from the card, nor call center thought to check my transaction history. At least try while I’m on the phone.

Another thing I been noticed which I told a rep about is every time I update my password on the online website it’ll change. Every time I log off and come back my password won’t take. I save my passwords in my note section on my phone to see if it’s the system. It’s the system. I’ve never dealt with this before the longest I’ve had this card. I hope to get this situation fixed in a timely manner. I will be calling first thing Monday morning.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I filed a dispute over charges for meat I pre-ordered and the company went out of business. I sent copies of the emails and texts from the company stating they were closing their doors and in bankruptcy. I received a letter from Eppicard stating that the dispute was being denied as the company proved otherwise. How is that possible? Did they even go over my paperwork and how come when everyone else contacts this company (Zaycon Farms) they cannot get through to anyone. If you google them there are hundreds of thousands of complaints similar to mine! Eppicard is the worst in my book!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Yup... After you fight to get someone to actually help you with your problem, they begin charging your card. Now 25 cents may not be a lot but imagine not knowing that after you've called for weeks! I can't log in my account again because it says it's "suspended" or something so I call to speak with someone about it and they go to transfer me to someone else so that I get hung up on! Their reason is because they get a full volume of calls! So call back in an hour! There is no direct number to the dept. I hate this company! They are taking child support money from customers charging them for their incompetence... For their horrible customer service. My only option right now is to report my card lost to receive a new one possibly just to get it unlocked! And that will cost too! But what else can you do when you are tired of getting hung up on! Why are they allowed to do this?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So, the morning my latest deposit was made, and my cash is gone. I only found out when I went to the atm to withdraw the money. I go to the site to see what’s going on with the account and see IT'S GONE! So I call them and explain the charges are not mine. Keep in mind, these were 3 charges to the same store. That alone would have been suspicious to a REAL bank. So they explain to me that I’ll have to call back and dispute the charges once they have cleared, since they’re on “hold”. When they clear, the next day, I call and there is now no option to get a live person since my card how Now been cancelled. I have to know or find out how to trick the system to putting me on with a live person by choose the option that my new card has not made it to me yet, being ordered 7-10 days ago.

That process alone is bull that a consumer should not experience. Next when I get a human being, they then take my info and proceed to transfer me to “level 2” where a recording tells me my call cannot be completed at this time, and disconnects the call. I called by 3 times. Each time this happened. Later that evening I call back and ask for a supervisor who then magically gets me to a live person. Now there is an investigation and I still do not have the $203 that was deposited on my card this week. This card is trash. Save yourself a headache, put these folks out of a commission and get Direct Deposit. They suck. A real bank would credit your card the amount while this matter is investigated. I did not know until this happened, but this is a prepaid card.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I've been dealing with Eppicard for 12yrs now. And this year was THE WORST BY FAR. 6. Six is the magical number of times my Eppicard CS card was used in Paramus, NJ at a Macy's store. Do I live in Paramus? No. Do I live NEAR Paramus? No. Eppicard CS even told me some were IN STORE purchases. Even though my money was refunded each and every time-It's MIGHTY suspicious that my card was used multiple times within a 2 month time range-a different card/number/pin each time.

Coincidence? I think no. I really believe that somebody was hacking Eppicard computer system and using that for their personal shopping card. And the sad thing is-it wasn't just me. I've had a few others complain about the same thing. Did Eppicard do anything? They just refunded the money and issue a new card...to which it's only a matter of time until they try to use that information to drain my account again. Thankfully I've found a loophole and I'm filing paperwork to get my daughter's CS direct deposited into my bank account so I never have to use Eppicard again. It's ridiculous-they used to be an amazing card company but this past year they've tanked.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This company is a joke. They charge High amount of fees for it being child support. I refer to Oklahoma DHS and Eppicard. As EPIC FAIL and Dishonest Homewrecker Service... The state of Oklahoma will ROB you and so will this company. Get OuT While you Can!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

After someone tried to make a purchase a big one. I was told to cancel the card get a new one, and that a 5.00 fee would be charged. I was told to call back then they would reverse it since it was an attempt at fraud. It has been 2 months. They have not returned the money. This card is meant (in my case) for child support payments, and while 5.00 may not be a big deal to some it is to single mothers trying to support kids of deadbeat dads. I feel this is not a fair company in any way. Enjoy your 5pm cocktail on me I guess. I will be closing my account. Going back to paper checks. Also it doesn't matter that Comerica is listed on the card. I called them too. They told me they only supply the plastic. Go figure!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have no complaints except one. But I'll start with the good, I lost my card. I was able to speak to a very friendly customer service rep that gave me number to call to replace my card. My new card arrived within a week. No issues with activation. The only bad thing I have to say is that my child support doesn't post until in the evening. Not sure if it's the card or child support agency.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I tried going on their site to register my card. When you get to the page to obtain a "keyword" to confirm your registration it takes you to an error page. I have called Eppicard 3 times - the first 2 calls I was told the department that works on that doesn't take calls. They will take my information and someone will call you. Three weeks later no calls. I then call a 3rd time and I ask for where I can file a formal complaint and was told that they need to see who I should complain to. Well several minutes on the phone I decided Consumer Affairs was the way to go. It becomes an inconvenience when I have to enter the card and so on if I call from a phone other than my home phone - great in a day of cell phones I can't access Eppicard.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This company has by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered. If you can fool their system so that a real person picks up a phone, they just refer or transfer you to another voice mail maze. I can only imagine how many millions of dollars they have from people giving up trying to collect. I am administering an estate for someone that was receiving support payments in Pennsylvania. She had always had problems getting money as they have no online transfer systems so she would have to physically go to her bank to access her Eppicard funds or withdraw from an ATM subject to their daily limits. After her death I have been trying to get her funds distributed. So far 20 calls and no satisfaction. Why the states that use them do so is beyond me. There is something suspicious about the way they operate.

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information