1.19/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

582 Eppicard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I've been dealing with Eppicard for 12yrs now. And this year was THE WORST BY FAR. 6. Six is the magical number of times my Eppicard CS card was used in Paramus, NJ at a Macy's store. Do I live in Paramus? No. Do I live NEAR Paramus? No. Eppicard CS even told me some were IN STORE purchases. Even though my money was refunded each and every time-It's MIGHTY suspicious that my card was used multiple times within a 2 month time range-a different card/number/pin each time.

Coincidence? I think no. I really believe that somebody was hacking Eppicard computer system and using that for their personal shopping card. And the sad thing is-it wasn't just me. I've had a few others complain about the same thing. Did Eppicard do anything? They just refunded the money and issue a new card...to which it's only a matter of time until they try to use that information to drain my account again. Thankfully I've found a loophole and I'm filing paperwork to get my daughter's CS direct deposited into my bank account so I never have to use Eppicard again. It's ridiculous-they used to be an amazing card company but this past year they've tanked.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This company is a joke. They charge High amount of fees for it being child support. I refer to Oklahoma DHS and Eppicard. As EPIC FAIL and Dishonest Homewrecker Service... The state of Oklahoma will ROB you and so will this company. Get OuT While you Can!!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

After someone tried to make a purchase a big one. I was told to cancel the card get a new one, and that a 5.00 fee would be charged. I was told to call back then they would reverse it since it was an attempt at fraud. It has been 2 months. They have not returned the money. This card is meant (in my case) for child support payments, and while 5.00 may not be a big deal to some it is to single mothers trying to support kids of deadbeat dads. I feel this is not a fair company in any way. Enjoy your 5pm cocktail on me I guess. I will be closing my account. Going back to paper checks. Also it doesn't matter that Comerica is listed on the card. I called them too. They told me they only supply the plastic. Go figure!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have no complaints except one. But I'll start with the good, I lost my card. I was able to speak to a very friendly customer service rep that gave me number to call to replace my card. My new card arrived within a week. No issues with activation. The only bad thing I have to say is that my child support doesn't post until in the evening. Not sure if it's the card or child support agency.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I tried going on their site to register my card. When you get to the page to obtain a "keyword" to confirm your registration it takes you to an error page. I have called Eppicard 3 times - the first 2 calls I was told the department that works on that doesn't take calls. They will take my information and someone will call you. Three weeks later no calls. I then call a 3rd time and I ask for where I can file a formal complaint and was told that they need to see who I should complain to. Well several minutes on the phone I decided Consumer Affairs was the way to go. It becomes an inconvenience when I have to enter the card and so on if I call from a phone other than my home phone - great in a day of cell phones I can't access Eppicard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: June 14, 2018

This company has by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered. If you can fool their system so that a real person picks up a phone, they just refer or transfer you to another voice mail maze. I can only imagine how many millions of dollars they have from people giving up trying to collect. I am administering an estate for someone that was receiving support payments in Pennsylvania. She had always had problems getting money as they have no online transfer systems so she would have to physically go to her bank to access her Eppicard funds or withdraw from an ATM subject to their daily limits. After her death I have been trying to get her funds distributed. So far 20 calls and no satisfaction. Why the states that use them do so is beyond me. There is something suspicious about the way they operate.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Their customer service informed me that as long as I use one of the "In-Network ATMs", I will not be charged any fees to access my money. It turned out that they will charge you fees for something as simple as checking your account balance. When I called Customer Service to ask them to reverse the fee, they verified that the ATM is part of the In-Network. All they can say is they will open a ticket and send it to another department to get approved for the credit which can take 5 business days. When I asked how I can make sure this doesn't keep happening, the Rep said to try using a different ATM. Bad business practice. Very misleading!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I reported card lost and before that transferred balance to another bank accounts I got emails verifying my transfer went through and I lost access to online account until New card arrived. 2 weeks later I call. They denied I ever transferred money or notified them of lost card then want to charge 15 for it to get there in two days. All they can say is sorry and rude, brush you off the phone and not professional.

Original review: May 22, 2018

This is the worst card ever. Money don't post on time, money be missing, charge too much to check balance, your payment really go to Eppicard... kids may be hungry. Gotta wait days later. Sometime money still not available. Please don't use this card if you don't have to. Customer service have attitudes. Or don't speak your language... I cant deal. PLEASE CLOSE THIS BUSINESS DOWN. WE NEED ANOTHER CARD TO SEND PAYMENTS TO. EPPICARD FAILED US.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Tonight was not my first interaction with Eppicard, but it definitely upset me enough to actually write a review. Not only was I on hold, given the runaround by an automated service that NEVER GIVES THE OPTION OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, so I finally pressed buttons enough to get to someone. I was locked out of my account online after entering my card number and three digit code on the back, the website ONLY gives their "customer service" number to call, so that's why I called them. After getting a live person, I explained my problem and how I needed to get my account unlocked. The rep advised that they have nothing to do with the website/online services and that he would need to put in a ticket.

The rep also stated that I would hear from someone within five business days. I asked the rep if the person calling would leave a number to call back if I cannot answer, you know, because I WORK... And he said no, that if there was no answer, that would just be it. So that further pissed me off, only to then ask if I would have to call again, if the call was missed, only to put in another ticket and wait another five business days, to maybe answer that call, again, basically be available 24 hours/day for the next five business days because he didn't know when they would call.

The rep did offer to put in a timeframe that might be more open to my schedule to receive the call, however, advised that it was not a guarantee they would call during the requested time. What??? What kind of customer service is this?? I asked to speak to a supervisor because surely this rep was wrong... But nope, the supervisor said the same exact horrible answer. I am canceling my card, I do not support Eppicard, I wouldn't care if they went out of business, they are not here to help those who receive funds, but instead to profit off of child support that is for our children. Give me a break.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Many times I have attempted to contact Eppicard customer service and it is impossible to get a live person. It's ridiculous, there is NO option to talk to an operator at all, and if you stay on the line like people instruct you to do eventually you just get hung up on. This is very frustrating when a cardholder needs to speak to someone. This has been an ongoing issue with this company for years. Someone needs to wake up and fix it.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My Indiana Debit card information was stolen somehow and used at a Walmart in Chandler, AZ on 03/11/18 for a total of 150.00. I called on 3/12/18 to let them know it appears someone has made like a clone card with numbers off my credit card and I needed to dispute this and cancel my card. I have never been to AZ and have no idea how this happened. I received the paperwork to fill out on 3/19/18 and put it in the mail on 3/21/18. When I called to see why they have not put the credit back on my card since this is VISA insured by FDIC I should have had it back within days, to my understanding, and then they proceed with investigation and take it back if they find my actions fraudulent.

However Eppicard had no clue what FDIC was. They said they are not a bank and I had 10 days to get the paperwork back in order to get my provisional credit right away. I didn't get it in a timely fashion in the mail so I could only mail it back once I received it. The money is still not on the account and I am just glad that I don't have an infant or am a single mother who needs the 150.00 to get them food since it is my child support. In my option this card servicing company is worthless.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This company is taking in court-ordered child support and charging the recipient to get their money. Rip off. This disgusting company is making profits off children and single mothers who need their child support to live. Government needs to address this scam and they need federal regulation. No one will help in customer service and now I am 3 months without my child support. They need to be investigated. I am sure they are making interest off my money and then I have to pay them to get my money. Sounds like some government person is also lining their pockets on the back of families - deplorable.

Original review: March 23, 2018

State of Florida site states that my payment has been processed but Eppicard shows zero balance. When I call customer service, I receive message that it can take up to 48 hours for payment to post and I cannot get a live person on the phone. This seems crooked to me. What are they doing with that money for 48 hours?

Original review: March 12, 2018

Very dissatisfied. Never can't get questions answered. My case worker can't answer or help me with questions. Doesn't let me go through process of opening a account in the page. Keep saying can't find any client that matches the given biographical information. Frustrating. Why do I do no answers to help me. Been calling 866-320-8822 for 3 months. System is not reliable.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Supposed to get my money same day every month at midnight. Well that may happen twice a year. The rest of the time I guess they decide when it's going to show on my card. 8 am or 3 pm or 2 days after I'm supposed to have it. This is ridiculous and why is the gov't using a unaccredited company?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I am very unhappy with this system. I’ve had it for years and get very little Child Support as it is however every single time that I use this card money is being withdrawn from my account. Even though the back of the card says it’s a Wells Fargo credit card and I use a Wells Fargo ATM every single time they take out money for not only withdrawing funds but also checking balances. I believe this is fraudulent that they force you into a card like this and then take your money when you try to check your balance or Withdraw it.

I’ve even read on their site that the card was the best option since they do not take your money however this is definitely not my experience. I have tried to call on multiple occasions one time waiting on the phone for over 38 minutes and then another for 45 and never getting anybody on the phone. I don’t have time to wait all day as I have three children and have to work full-time. Needless to say I have no confidence after reading the other reviewer’s that they care and will do anything about it. I guess I’ll have to check the legal recourse.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My card was used several times in another state. After jumping through several hoops and a long wait, I did finally get my money back. I also have an issue with the fact that there are very few ATM's available and no way to search online for a location near me. Speaking to someone in customer service is next to impossible and when you do, they speak broken English and are hard to understand. I can't comprehend why so many states use this card for child support and other payments when I haven't seen one good review online. The government agencies that have chosen this card as an option must know this.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I called to report a fraudulent charge on my card. They said in order to dispute it I would have to cancel my card and order a new one. She assured me it would only take 5 days to get a new one at the max. It's been 5 days and I still haven't got it. I got a big child support payment and I can't even use it because I still haven't got my card! But I received my paperwork for my fraud claim! How is it they can get the paperwork to me this fast but NOT my card! I'm a widow and a single mom. I live in daily pain so I can't work. I do live with and take care of my dad whom has congestive heart failure and COPD. He takes all my time that IF I could work, I still couldn't because of him.

Anyhow, I called to ask where my card was. She was extremely rude and it was unprovoked. I was polite. She told me she couldn't help me. I asked what state they were based in, she refused to tell me. So after a few minutes I decided to call back to see if I could get my payment transferred to my bank card because on the website it says make a one time transfer. So the same women answers and she heard it was me and she said NOPE! And hung up on me! So I was pissed because it took me 10 mins just to get her to answer!

So I called back. She picked up and hung up on me! So at this point I was livid! I called a 3rd time, a different lady answered and I told her what happened and she legit snickered quietly! So I started to ask about the transfer, RIGHT in the middle of me talking she said hold on really rude and put me on hold and after being on hold for 15 mins she picked up and hung up on me! So I tried calling back and they wouldn't answer after that! It's Ridiculous!!! They shouldn't be allowed to get away with treating single moms this way!

A lot of us really depend on our money and they charge us insane fees for everything and then they're extremely rude when we do call! I called my local child support office and even though I couldn't file a complaint with them I told the lady all that happened and she said, "I'm so sorry they treated you that way," and she felt bad. I told her I just wanted you to know how awful they were. The lady told me that they use them to issue their cards for child support payments. As any of you know there is NO way to file a complaint with child support or this company because on the website it refers you to the phone # we all dread calling.

There has GOT to be a way to turn them in for the way they treat people. I encourage you all to report them to child support office because if enough of us complain maybe child support will switch companies or do something about it. I'm trying to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well. In hindsight it wasn't a big fraudulent charge, the thing was I had a new friend use his Amazon acct to purchase something for my son on my card, Amazon had saved my card to his acct and when he purchased something for his daughter it charged my card and not his. He had to have known before it went thru that it was my card and not his. So I ordered a new card to block him from doing that a 2nd time. If it wasn't for that I'd have let it go. I hope they get stopped because what their doing isn't right! We all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect! And, we don't deserve to be taxed as much as we do!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When my card expired in January I called them in December and ask them when to expect a card. They said, "Don't worry you'll get it before the end of January." So February rolls around and I still don't have my card. So I called this morning and they said, "Sure will send you a new one but it's going to cost you $5." I'm not going to pay that. I'm going to have to call them back and complain to the manager or whatever to get my money back. Also why is it that they hold child support payments and not release them until they are ready to? Seems like child support money should be released asap.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have had this card for 8 years. This last year has been horrible. Charging my card fees all the time, taking money out of my account all the time and it doesn't add up. Takes them over an hour to answer the phone and when they do they get very confrontational if you have a problem. By the time I spoke to a supervisor that said they would fix the fees they still have yet not fix them and it's been over a month. They used to be really good. Now the services are horrible. I am in the process of switching to having my money put into my checking.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Tennessee Way2Go Card - On December 11, 2017 I called several times trying to reach Customer Service to report 2 charges from Facebook. One charge was for $25.24 and the other charge was for $25.00. I finally spoke with someone around 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon, explaining that these charges didn't belong to me. She said they were fraudulent charges, I said no not fraud, they don't belong to me, I don't do business on Facebook. Next she said she would have to close my card and issue a new one and I said, “Well wait let me go and get money out. My son is in a wheelchair and has medical issues and needs supplies.” She said, “Too late, I already locked your card, a new one will take 5 to 7 days.” I said, “I can't wait that long for $118.+ - I need it now.”

So she said she filed a dispute, it will take 45 days. Christmas around the corner. As I was thinking about it I went back on my account and noticed all these $.25 and $.50 charges on my account, I called them back and was fuming and got a different lady and she said, “Well didn't you know you can only make 4 calls a month.” I said NO. I didn't want this card. They are fighting with me to return my son's money. For his medical needs and food.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I called on December 13, 2017 to let them know my husband passed on December 12, 2017. The man and young lady was very rude. They were going to send some paperwork out for me to fill out. I explained to them I no longer stay there since my husband passed. Tried to give them the correct address. They refused to accept it and refused to let me speak to a manager/supervisor. Is there a number I can call to speak to someone who is more professional?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Takes forever to process payments. As Eppicard says in its help profile, the state outsources the card management to them, so therefore it's not their problem. That's BS management 101, and this company should not be allowed to be in business anymore... just like the people you are supplying with cards, why do you get away with scapegoating things, but the people needing the assistance are crap?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I received my new credit card in the mail as my current card is expiring at the end of the month. The letter that came with the card said to activate the new card immediately, but I decided to wait until 2 days before the end of the month. I called to activate my new card and the automated system repeatedly prompts me to enter my new card number and then acts as if I haven't pushed anything. I even went into my phone settings and turned on the key sounds thinking that may have been the problem. No luck. So I tried calling back hoping for the option to talk to a representative, which never came. Then I went to their website and clicked contact us thinking there would be some way to talk to someone, wrong again. Finally I googled "how to talk to a representative at Eppicard" and found the only way to talk to someone was to call and not push anything.. Just wait the several minutes until the automated system automatically connects you with someone.

What kind of company doesn't offer an option to speak to someone!?! Anyway, I finally get through to someone and she tells me I can't activate the card until the first. I tell her the letter says to activate the card immediately and that wasn't the issue. The system wasn't responding me entering any numbers. She told me there was nothing she could do. So I asked, "So if on the first of the month (in 2 days) I call and the system still isn't responding, I'm just screwed. I won't have a credit card, and there's nothing you can do?" She said she couldn't do anything about it but send a new card! This company is ridiculous! Rather than offer assistance they completely skirt around the actual problem and offer a new card... Which would mean an even longer wait to use a valid credit card. I'll never understand how so many states chose this company to handle the money single parents and unemployed people rely on. Completely unreliable and incompetent!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Eppicard is on contract with the State of Indiana for Child Support and Unemployment payments. Meaning if you receive EITHER OF THESE you don't have a choice but to use them. It takes days for my child support to post. Given this, I often have to call multiple times to check the balance while waiting for the funds. Every call to their automated 800 number automatically charges 40 cents!!! This is absurd!! This company is taking advantage of Indiana children as well as citizens on unemployment benefits!!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?? I think so!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had $200 fraudulently used last month on my card and I called right away and stopped my card, I filled out the paper they sent and right away I was issued $200 credit adjustment so I thought it was solved, couple days later I received another $200 debit reversal, I knew one was a mistake so I didn't touch it, sure enough a few days later it was taken back, after that a few purchases that I did make were credited back to me and then adjusted.

Then yesterday $200 was taken back off my account and upon calling (mind you it's a pain in the ** to try and get through to someone). So I had to call back 4 times to choose the right option because there was no push start (or whatever) to go back, so I started getting charged for calling too, and speaking to the customer service. She told me oh that was still the provisional $200 they gave me when the case first opened and it's still open and no determination on my fraud has been made yet and they just randomly decided to take the money back.

I was pissed. This was the only money I had before my daughter's bday next week and all she kept telling me was "sorry there's nothing I can do." I asked to speak with a supervisor who said the same, just there's nothing I can do. Now they're saying it can take up to another month and a half until the initial claim is determined and I get my money back, which now I'm seriously doubting I will.

I asked the supervisor "what's the point of the provisional credit if you're just going to take it back without the claim even being determined." I want an answer to that and she said "there's nothing I can do" and hung up on me!!! I'm beyond furious!!! Took me 50 minutes even to get someone in the phone and my charges for calling were never reversed either.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

It's child support money and they charge you for a bank withdrawal. They charge you to buy groceries, they charge you for any way to use the card. So every time I use the card for a bank withdrawal I lose $1.25. Since you can only take a certain amount out a day, that is $5 a month for me... which equals $60 a year! Way to scam single Moms out of their child support. Do you know how much $60 can buy 2 kids? I wonder how long it will take for the government to realize we hate this way of getting our child support. I prefer the old ways of checks. At least then it was safe. Because my Married name is on my divorce and I am back to my maiden name, I can't open a bank account for my child support. Way to go again for another governmental flaw in child support collections.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My account was used somehow fraudulently so I filed a claim. I filled out paperwork and mailed it in. The fraud department ruled against me and never contacted me via email, mail or phone call. I'm out $300 and all they recommend is to write a letter. You are better off transferring your money to a REAL financial institution where they treat fraud claims thoroughly and more seriously.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have never seen such incompetence when it comes to this company and customer service. I usually have my funds direct deposited into my bank account but there was some sort of glitch in the system led me to dealing with Eppicard. I have been contacting these people for a payment I was suppose to receive back in July. In the beginning they told me that I was not in their system and to call the child support office. I call the child support office and they tell me I have to deal with Eppi Card. I go back and forth between the two for months. I get a rep from child support who says I have to deal with them. I figure out that they have my information. It's just wrong so after speaking with several reps on several different days I got a supervisor who told me to fax over my information. I fax it over which means I had to spend money that I do not have at the local UPS Store.

I call back in 48 hour time period and of course the rep doesn't know what I'm talking about so I ask for a supervisor. The upper level agent then proceeds to tell me they don't have my information and to wait. I wait and call again. I get another supervisor. She tells me to send it again. I finally get everything updated and get this stupid card but now I can't set up a pin. I can't set up a pin because the system says my info is invalid. I spoke to a rep who conferenced me and the automatic system still same problem and we try again.

I am locked out now and have to wait 24 hours. I wait and call back. This rep says, "I don't know what's wrong with our system" so she sends me another card. I get it and I tried to activate it. Again same problem. I speak to a supervisor. Still nothing but locked out. I got to wait 24 hours again. In all my 37 years I have never experienced such awful infuriating service. Eppi card is complete ** and I don't understand why any state would have this company in charge of anyone's money.

Eppicard expert review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

• Best for: Consumers with bad credit and consumers who need to build credit.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information

www.eppicard.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business