2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: April 1, 2021

This is in regards to my NJ Eppicard for child support. I have had 3 seperate incidents of fraud charges each about a year apart from one another. Most of them occurred in southern states while I was at my home in NJ. There were also a few of what looked to be online gaming charges. Each time I've had to go through the whole ordeal of filling out the paperwork and explaining which charges were fraudulent. The last time this happened I asked them why there's no chip on the card. I told them I have like 10 other credit and debit cards and every single one has a chip and I have never had fraudulent charges on any of my other cards. They said there should be a chip and they would send a new one. Well, the new one didn't have a chip either.

The last time there were fraudulent charges one of the employees I spoke to was extremely rude. He said maybe it was one my kids using it. I was literally in shock that he was basically accusing my kids of using my card without my permission. I, of course, naturally defended them because I know they would never do that to me. And how did my kids go down south to use my card I asked him? I hung up and called back to speak to a manager and told them what had happened and she said she was so sorry that that employee would be dealt with. I told them I'm never using the card ever again and if I do it will only be at a bank to withdraw the cash directly. I said this is absolutely ridiculous that the card has no chip and this is the only card I ever have problems with.

Anyways each time I am always reimbursed but one of the last conversations I had with someone in the fraud department when I called to see why my money was taking so long was an eye opener. I told him I had been waiting for a long time for the reimbursement and he said he would look into it. He asked for my username and password. I thought about it for a second and hung up. After getting off the phone with him I didn't give it too much thought until a couple months later. I'm so glad I never gave him my password because now the more I think about the more I think there is something going on internally there. I change my password all the time now but I wonder how many people gave them their password and this is why they're having problems.

Honestly I don't remember if I did the first 2 times it happened several years ago but it's quite possible they asked me for my password and I may have given it to them. Now I'm older and wiser and I realize that no one should ever ask for my password ever even if they work in the fraud department. I sincerely hope they look into this company and I hope this helps someone else who may be in the same situation.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I have been having trouble with this card since August of last year. I can't log in into their website. I have called several times and nobody seems to know anything. Money was deposited into the account 4 days ago. Again, I tried to log in to transfer the money and I was not able to. I went to a 7-Eleven to try to withdraw money and it didn't allow me to withdraw any money, I kept on getting this message, "Unable to process this trans at this time." I went to my bank and I couldn't withdraw money either, at my bank ATM I got this other message, "There was a technical problem completing your transaction. Please try again later."

I try to avoid using my bank ATM because it charges me $3 per transaction. Unfortunately it happens it is a Sunday. I called the EPPICard 1800 customer service number. It tells me the money is there, but I can't withdraw it. After reading all these reviews I am freaking out that I won't be able to withdraw the money. This is so inconvenience. This company is terrible and there should be an easier way for us to get the money so we can use it.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have fraudulent activity done with my Wi Child Support card. Over $1600 was taken. I didn't receive a self addressed envelope. Had to mail in 18 pages of transactions. One of the companies (Fingerhut) refunded one charge & apparently because of that they stopped their investigation. I called earlier today was told when someone refunds money that most likely stopped the investigation. I said that makes no sense. They transferred to the fraud unit. Sat on hold over 30 mins. Nobody picked up. I was working. My break was over. Now calling back to have someone explain why they stopped the investigation & how to get my money back. I've been on hold over 45 mins yet still waiting with no answer. This is horrible. Any person who has fraudulent activity should have to go through this horrible process to get their money back. NO HELP WHATSOEVER.

This is the company the government trusts to handle child support & alimony. For all we know it might be internal as I can see I'm not the only person going through this. To make matters worse the statements they printed and sent to me show my new card # that hasn't even been activated. So the officer I've been working with can't even show proof of the transactions because the statements show a card I haven't activated not the original card that the fraudulent activity was actually done on.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Eppicard is a 3rd party vendor hired by the state of PA and other states to administer electronic payments on a Master card to individuals receiving child support and social security benefits. On date December 4th, 2020 it came to my attention after attempting to withdraw funds using my Eppicard that there were insufficient funds. I called Eppicard 800 number to review transactions and it was at this time that I found out that my account was compromised. A total of $1600 was stolen. I contacted EPPICARD to report fraud.

I was forwarded 3 weeks later a form with fraudulent transactions asking me to list which transactions were mine and transactions that were not mine. I thought that this was an open and shut case because clearly you can see on the transaction detail report that it’s a case of obvious fraud. For example, there were 26 transaction at one ATM where the criminals checked balance on card and withdrew small amounts of money each transaction. Most of the transactions happened in the state of Georgia, however, transactions was also made in Gettysburg Pa. Well, I work full time, run a business, and raise 3 children in Philadelphia, PA. Clearly, I could not be in 2 places at one time, it's geographically and physically impossible.

Initially, I mailed the requested documents and was told they were not received after 5 weeks. At this time, I was given a fax number to forward documents. After 3 weeks, I contacted EPPICARD fraud department for status of the case and was told my case was DENIED due to conflicting information. I was shocked and enraged.

Reading reviews on Consumer Affairs, I found there are almost identical cases, all around the same time of when my card was compromised. This problem is not isolated to the state of Pennsylvania. I am extremely disappointed in the state of PA that they continue to do business with a company that do not protect hard earned taxpayer money that is for the most vulnerable constituents. EPPICARD is stealing money. These cases are obvious fraud and cases are denied. My ex-husband busted his butt to make payments after being laid off due to COVID-19 and this is the best our local government can do for us. I have contacted a lawyer and my local state representative office. I am waiting for the denial letter from EPPICARD so I can forward to my lawyer. For victims of Eppicard, I am interested in speaking with you. We need to stand together to put pressure on state governments to fire Eppicard. I never felt so violated in my life.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I was charged over 100 dollars by Google help pay with no information on for what product or anything like that. I called and of course no answer just as I read others reviews. I do not appreciate the chaos this is causing our people who work hard to struggle. I did not purchase over 100 dollars on google. I have a password and pin protection. The charges show up on my eppicard bank statement but not on my google account transaction history. I called google to look into this matter now it's playing the waiting game with companies that scam people for money if they did this to a few people imagine who else is out there going through the same thing. LET US GET TOGETHER AND STAND STRONG TO GET OUR MONEY BACK..

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

My Eppicard child support card was recently involved in fraud charges. I did not initially see it and when I finally did I contacted the fraud dept., they then sent me a form to fill out and to list the charges that were not mine. I did that and they credited my child support account the few hundred dollars that were missing. Well, they recently took it back without any explanation and me having to reach out to them once I noticed my account was in the negative. I was not told I needed to file a police report but am now being suggested that if I do not agree with their findings to file one. Why would I be told that and now have to file one? And if I was the one who committed the fraud why would I now have filed my police report with NJ state police. This card is for my children! And once it is finally credited my children's money this card is gone!!!

It is impossible to speak with an investigator because their letter was very vague. They do not accept calls. SMH. Sad that I have to go through this when the person/s who did the fraudulent charges did not have to prove they were me. You truly are guilty until you prove your own innocence. Very sad and not much hope with companies like toying with your money.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

My PA Eppicard was just scammed for thousands of dollars. Someone used my card at Giant supermarkets in Camp Hill, PA and Harrisburg PA. I live nowhere near there. After a few large purchases, they even withdrew $500! It happened the day after I received a very large deposit... and I saw this happened to others too. Like someone knew! Inside job!??! I called Eppicard and was told to file a police report and send it back with fraud form. After reading these reviews it looks like my complaint may be denied?!!! How is that possible!??

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

There is no reason why I should have to wait 5 days for my deposit to post. This company should be shut down. We need to work together to make a huge deal about it because judging from my own experience & the reviews I have read this company is worse than anything I could imagine. It is unrealistically horrible & actually scary that this is being allowed. I say class action lawsuit and company forced to make immediate changes or shut down.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I have been calling nonstop since December to dispute a overdraft in the amount of $117.28. According to Eppicard Walmart issued a refund to me in that amount on December 3, 2020 and took it back on December 20th which overdrew my account for the first time in 7 years since I got the card. When you call you Have to speak to customer service who can do nothing but transfer you to a supervisor and leave you on hold for 2-3 hours literally. When you finally get through they hang up and blame technical issues when you call back. I’ve asked for a manager multiple times as the supervisors don’t know anything and they have yet to put me on the phone with one.

They were supposed to mail me a dispute form it is now January 12th and I still haven’t received it. The reviews on this company are correct! I plan to go to the courthouse to ask if I can receive my child support through any other way than this company. I also plan to talk to local Congressman to advise them to look into this company as their practice is fraudulent.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Not only did they fail to file my disputes when I submitted them they have been extremely rude and volatile towards me. I called back to check them and that's when I had to resubmit them and they denied them. These charges were blatantly fraudulent. Ordering pizzas in other states and using Facebook pay to someone I don't know. I've spent hours upon hours on hold and speaking with incompetent employees that all give me different answers. I've escalated these charges 3 or 4 times without any investigator calling me to make a determination.

Today I found out they closed my escalations because I have failed to provide any more information regarding these charges. Unbelievable....How can a company exist with such unethical practices. Not only exist but represents our government assistance. I've never been treated so terribly by a company that is supposed to represent me and my interests. I was the one stolen from and now they've turned their backs on me without my voice being heard.

Eppicard author review by Beverly Harzog

Operating in many American states, Eppicard states that it’s a “prepaid debit MasterCard” that can be used to receive child support or payroll deposits. The payments you are supposed to receive are electronically loaded to your Eppicard.

• Convenient: Eppicard makes it easy to receive payments like child support and paychecks without having a bank account.

• Fees: Read the terms and fees carefully. There are ATM transaction fees and withdrawal fees. There are also fees to call customer service. The fees alone are low, but, over time, they can add up. These fees cut into the payment you receive so try to avoid them. One way is to get cash back when you’re making a purchase so you can avoid a withdrawal fee if you try to get cash later.

• Program Material link: The section showing basic terms and fees is a small box where you scroll through it. It’s only possible to read a few lines at a time, which can make it difficult to get a clear picture of the costs. Click on the “Program Material” link in the middle of the screen to get access to a full-screen explanation of fees and terms by state.

• Easy to open: This is a debit card, not a credit card, so your credit score doesn’t matter for approval.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Eppicard Company Information