1.18/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

1916 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have used this pharmacy for years. It is my primary pharmacy. I used them in early January 2019. I was on hold for 20-30 minutes on the phone. I checked online to see if my Rx was filled. It stated it would be ready by 1 PM. I went there at 3 PM and it still had not been filled. They were working on the day before Rx. The pharmacy was a disaster. Bins all over the place. They told me it would be another hour. I went home, about 10 minutes from the pharmacy and received a text stating my Rx was ready. They are so short staffed and not meeting the needs of the public. Horrible. Horrible!!! I am considering changing pharmacies. If they need more help, hire more people. I have heard this from other people and thought they were wrong. They are not wrong. Never had this problem before. Management needs to get their act together. They are doing a terrible job!!! Awful!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have gone to the same CVS pharmacy in Eldersburg, Maryland for years and 3 weeks ago I went to drop off my ** prescription. I was told it was too early plus they were out. I returned when they told me to the next week and they were still out. I went back the following week and they were still out but said it may be in the order they were getting that day so they held my prescription and said they would call me. I never received a call, I called them 3 days later and they did not apologize or have the **. I asked if they knew how much longer it would be, they did not know and returned my prescription. I feel like waiting 3 weeks for a common drug I get filled every month is very poor customer service and poor management.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

If I could do less than 1, I would! I swore off CVS 17 years ago when a pharmacist argued with me that my prescription for ** was for my diabetes. She said it wasn't. What? Target made the mistake of having CVS be their pharmacy. I thought give it 1 more try. Will NEVER go back! The last straw was I called 1 1/2 hr before I needed to stop and get my prescription. They said no problem, it will be ready. I got there and they said, "Oh we are just starting it." It took less than 10 minutes to fill. That may sound trivial but that is after every time I try to fill a prescription there is an issue. Their rewards program, a farce. After over 40 prescriptions being filled I have not once received their so called coupon. GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT A CVS!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I stopped in to get medication that I always buy at CVS target and able to get three boxes at a time per Ohio laws per month. My entire family uses the ** allergy and sinus as this works best for everyone in my family. Never had an issue from any store until I came across this pharmaceutical lady who has no clue how to do her job. She was rude and decided to take it upon herself to tell me how many boxes I can buy when I explained to her how all others scan all three boxes and I pay for all three. She decided to tell me that is not how she needs to do it and can only scan one at a time. I would not want her to fill ANY prescription for me! She has no clue what she was doing and when I told her she should maybe find out how to perform her job correctly she was making rude comments. Never have I had such a rude experience in my life!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The CVS Pharmacy in Deer Park Texas has pathetic customer service. First they very seldom have any drugs in stock to fill prescriptions with. Late in December my wife visited the urgent care center in this pharmacy and received a prescription for an eye infection, when she stepped next door to pick up the medication she was informed that they were out of the medication and would need to order it and it would be in the next day. She told them to forget it and went back to the urgent care and requested a paper prescription which she received and took it to Walgreen's who filled it without any issues. Then two weeks later we received a call from CVS saying that the original prescription was ready, we hung up on them.

Then 3 days ago I called in a refill on a prescription and received a text that they are out of the product but would order it and will have it the next day. "Right". Two days later and I am still waiting for the prescription to be filled. The counter is severely understaffed and the wait time in line can be anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes long or longer. Not blaming the staff. They are doing the best they can but the management of this place is horrible at best.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Our oncologist’s office insisted that CVS Specialty fill the script for my husband’s ** which he needed for his chemotherapy. There was no explanation from CVS about charges. Husband is Medicare and we have a Plan B supplement through AARP. For whatever reason Medicare denied the charge and we were asked to pay over $5,000 for a 2 WEEK supply. With plan B the average cost to patient should be no more than $600 dollars and websites we researched said that had we taken a script to CVS pharmacy the drug if we had to pay for it, no insurance, the drug would run $1700 for 82 pills and he had received 56! A coupon online would have saved even more money. FYI after many phone calls script was moved to Optum Specialty for next cycle and the cost to us will be “0$”. This company is incompetent and never use them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I tried four times to get my cholesterol medication filled at the CVS in Scott’s Valley, Calif. The first time I went in and it wasn’t ready. I called the next day and I was told it would be ready in two hours but didn’t pick it up. When I returned a few days later the line was eight people long and not moving so I left. I returned the next day and it was just as long so I left and returned that night. After waiting for 15 minutes I was told the medication still wasn’t ready would I like to come back in two hours? I said I’d return the next day. I called the following day to check if it was truly ready. I waited on hold for 10 minutes and hung up. Today I had my doctor transfer my prescriptions to another pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had such a positive experience with the staff, Eden, Casandra, Winnie and Alex, at CVS in Kalihi on Wednesday evening, January 2. While waiting for my shingles shot, I observed how well they interacted with all the customers, directing them to the right window and answering numerous questions. They were pleasant, patient, caring and service oriented. Eden, Casandra and Winnie were bilingual and freely conversed in both Tagalog or Ilocano, and English, putting the customers at ease while they waited to place or pick up their prescriptions. The Pharmacist Alex, worked quickly to minimize the wait for most who were there after a day at work or eager to get the prescribed medications home to their ill family members.

The teamwork was evident by their efficiency, the cleanliness of the store and their knowledge. When my medical insurance coverage indicated my cost for the shot was high, Eden reconfirmed my cost, then advised me of the amount. I assured her that it was accurate and I would pay the $170+ fee. It was reassuring to know that she took the effort to double check my coverage and to advise me before the pharmacist administered the shot. This is a small neighborhood CVS Pharmacy, the concern and work ethic of these young ladies is admirable. They should be commended for the outstanding job they do and are definitely assets to CVS.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Pharmacy cancelled my prescription because it was a 30 day instead of 90 day supply. Instead of telling me or the doctor the prescription was cancelled, the pharmacy tech told me "We don't have any prescription on file for you." After contacting the corporate office, the store manager called me to apologize. The tech should have explained the problem. All he had to do was read the screen.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had a prescription fill at the CVS pharmacy inside Target in Montclair California on December 24, 2018. In the following week, I received FIVE automated phone calls asking various and unsolicited refill questions. After the fourth, I call this pharmacy in Montclair and asked to be removed from these annoying calls or at least have my phone number removed. The next day, I got yet another call. I called the pharmacy back and asked what gives? I was told the pharmacy could NOT unsubscribe me from these calls and that I would have to call 800-746-7287. And so I did. And I listened to another recording from CVS. How unpersonal. Did I finally get my phone number removed? Yes, there was an option for this. CVS - This is not how a big corporate pharmacy should behave!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had a terrible experience with CVS at Charles River Park, the pharmacist manager was rude and unprofessional and he did something without my permission creating a delay on my prescription delivery. I have called the following day CVS customer service and I was asked all detail information so a specialist would have reach out to me within 48 hrs! Ahhahaha!!! I’m still waiting for a call! Seth at CVS and customer service are terrible. I will shop at Rite Aid.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First of all, I've always had good luck with the CVS Pharmacy - at least as far as filling prescriptions, in a timely manner, and at a reasonable cost. But last month I was out of state and filled a couple of prescriptions due to an emergency room visit. It was then that the calls and texts started coming in. They wanted to know if I wanted to refill the prescription or have them call my doctor to refill it for me. I replied "NO" to the texts, as requested, but they kept coming. Then I called my local CVS and the out of state CVS to see if they could stop the calls/texts.

They said no, I had to call the corporate offices. So I did. And they couldn't do anything either. In other words, there is no way to stop this type of harassment from CVS, even if you call and ask. They have no process for it, so I'll just have to put up with it until the system decides I'm actually not kidding. It's a waste of my time, but not a waste of anyone's time on their end since it's all electronic. They really need to offer a way to opt out of these contacts. They are spam and not welcome at all. In the meantime, I won't be using CVS for my pharmacy needs. They are not advanced enough to handle my requests, so I will bring my business elsewhere. I do hope they solve this soon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I went tonight Deer Park NY CVS for get a wipes and some stuff. Also I used my rewards. I spent first transaction $35. My other stuff I paid $21 but I couldn’t get $10 rewards. I want to return but store manager Jasmin said, "You can’t return." I was like, "Why not?" I just got that I was very rude and nasty. She hold me there 45 minutes. She don’t know how she return those stuff. She pay me back $18. She didn’t give me my $3. Also I used my $5 rewards. She didn’t give me back. I was shocked, "Why you are not give me my money back?"

She show me her finger like I’m little kid. She started cry and other guy came. He started shaking, "Please leave. My manager is crying." I don’t know why he said I couldn’t get my $7 back. They are unprofessional staff manager and other person. They don’t know how they do returns. I was shopping CVS years. I spent more than $100 every week there but I’m not recommend shopping there no one. I was scared there at Deer Park CVS. Workers has a behavior problem. I never go there anymore for shopping.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

My husband is now out of his chemo drug and the last two times we needed to order I spent hours on the phone trying to get it. At least to the last two times they were able to delivers overnight. This last time. We still don't have it and he was supposed to have it two days ago. Excuses, lies and incompetence. Evidently this how they run this business. We were told they were out of the drug. We were told it would be there the next day. We were told they needed a call from the doctor. We were told we didn't respond to their emails which we would never get. So here we sit without my husband's drug. He has a very aggressive brain tumor.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Why I went to CVS twice today... I had a 40% off coupon that has to be used by 1/1/19. I decided to get some face cream. It was $29.99 at CVS or $18.00 with the 40% off. Online it was $18.00 and not bumped up to $30.00! So I left. I get home and my husband is looking for the thermometer. So, after spending too much time looking for it, I suggest we go up to CVS to get a new one and use the 40% off coupon. We see one but it's $19.99 or $12.00 with the coupon. I roll my eyes looking online and see that other stores have it for $9.98. It seems that any time I go into CVS and double check prices, they are so outrageously overpriced that I walk out. I now refuse to shop in that store which will only encourage CVS to continue ripping off people who think they are getting a good price.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My review is on the receipt. They are so long, wasted paper. If we have a CVS Rewards card why do they need to print out the humorously long receipts. It's totally unreal that when you go to buy and it's not a CVS brand the coupons you were printed out that are at least the length of a persons arm are of no value. Best thing, once you get your receipt look at it, rip off your actual receipt and throw the rest in the basket for someone else who might come in a need a product listed. I would rather deal with less paper. The weekly circular, email ads and rewards pts. are basically all we need. This is a world of technology. CVS join in.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My wife fills her prescriptions at the CVS Pharmacy by East Expressway 83 in Mission, Texas. The pharmacist is either not trained by CVS about customer relations/care OR CVS is in agreement about the way he treats customers. They had a disagreement so he felt he could express himself according to how he was feeling. He told her to go find another pharmacy and he treated her like dirt. We think it is because we are Hispanic that he feels he can talk whatever way he pleases. He said she was ignorant in front of ALL THE CUSTOMERS!!! We now wonder if CVS promotes this way of treating customers!!!

When she walked out of the pharmacy she was physically sick. Her blood pressure was high and she felt like her chest was ready to explode. I feared she was going to have a heart attack! CVS needs to realize that the people they are treating ARE SICK!!! They need employees who are going to treat them with patience and professionalism, at the very least. We will definitely not be filling prescriptions there again. We have plenty of pharmacies to pick from!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

CVS keeps on filling prescriptions whether I need them or not. I have spent hours on the phone with my local CVS (Carroll Ave in DC) to try and stop this, but nothing seems to work. Not only do they fill them but the computer calls several times a day and leaves a message on my VM that my prescription is ready without identifying the prescription. When I try calling them, I am on hold for very long periods of time - right now I am on hold for 11 minutes. What a lousy way to run a business.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I live in Valley Springs Ca. I am 70 yrs old and I use Medicare and Tricare for my insurance. I used to get my drugs at Foothill pharmacy until they were bought out by CVS. I recently noticed CVS had remodeled and expanded the pharmacy, but now as the only pharmacy in town, it is a nightmare. The line stretches all the way to the center aisle. I had just injured my back and could hardly walk. A kind lady that was already in line told me to go sit down and she would let the employee know that I should be next in line after her.

After waiting a little over 30 minutes, I made it to the counter. For the next eight minutes I stood there in pain on my crutch only to be told they do not accept Tricare and my meds would be more expensive than Foothill Drugs store. Was it wrong for me to assume that when they buy Foothill Drugstore and acquire all of their clientele, they would provide equal or better service? I now have to drive over 30 miles into the valley just to fill my prescriptions. I guess they do not support the veterans. I will now relinquish my CVS card and no longer make any purchases at the Valley Springs CVS. I used to spend a lot of my military retirement pay at CVS for none pharmacy merchandise, but no more. I am going to miss the employees that work the rest of the store. It is not their fault I am leaving for good.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

On 12-21-18 my husband was having a severe migraine. He ask me to call CVS pharmacy to see if he could take an over the counter medication with the pill that was already in his system. I called the store at 10490 Shelbyville Rd Lou KY because their pharmacy was still open. After two attempts and on hold for 10 min the second time waiting for pharmacy to answer their phone I called and got the front desk clerk. He was no help because he said “all I can do is send you back there again because I’m up front”.

I told him to at least do overhead page because if my husband's migraine gets worse I’ll have to take him to hospital. He said “he would let them know it’s an emergency call coming back”. Once again, on hold for another 10 min. I finally hung up. Really?? This is why I am not a customer of CVS. I WARNED my husband because I’ve heard horrendous stories just like this. It’s understandable that you have a horrible rating. Guess my husband will be leaving you too. So sad. If they won’t pick up phone when it’s an incoming EMERGENCY CALL, why are they even open?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I filled a prescription at CVS Pharmacy at 596 River Avenue in Lakewood NJ on December 7. It was a dosage of twice a day for 10 days. They only gave me enough for 9 days. I called them up and they said that doesn’t make sense because they always give an extra dose. That means that they shorted me 3 doses then. They told me that I need to call my Dr. My Dr called in a few more doses and CVS went and filled the entire prescription again and made me pay my copay again even though it was their mistake to begin with because they didn’t give me the correct amount.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

On 12/04/2018 I entered the CVS at 8850 Valley View St, in Buena Park, CA 90620 to fill my normal perception, and was told to come back in 20 mins. When I returned in 20-25 mins to pick up my medicine up, I was told that my doctor had forgotten to put the date on the script; "LIE number 1" there was a date on the script and it was dated "12/04/2018".

I looked at the script, and noticed the date was there and pointed it out to the Pharmacist, who begin to shout at me to take the script and go, embarrassed at how he was talking to me, I exited the store. I reached my car, told my wife what had happened, I went back into the store to get the name and license number of the Pharmacist to file a formal complaint. As I wrote his name down and asked for his number, HE SLAPPED MY HAND and told me to just go. I called the Buena Park Police and filed an assault charge against him. I will be pressing charges and I will be filing a lawsuit on CVS, and the Pharmacist personally.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I applied for the CVS multi-dose pack where they put all your pills into conveniently packaged bags on a rolls to save time in putting together all my pills each month. Fantastic!! EXCEPT... They make you speak to a pharmacist every month to go over your meds even if there's no change. The issue is I have to wait on hold anywhere from 30-60 minutes to speak to a pharmacist. In the past few months I have had to wait on hold I could have put all my pills together for the rest of my life. Worst service ever. Hopefully they will automate this. Don't waste your time!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

A week ago I placed a online order for 2 items that were in stock. My order confirmation said I should have the order by today's date which was one week later.

I called customer service and they said the order has not shipped and they do not know when it will ship because they are so busy. I asked to cancel the order and they said I could not cancel. What kind of business is this? I will never buy or order from CVS again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

On 9/28/18 I pulled into a spot at CVS Burlington MA. The concrete bumper had a piece of re rod iron sticking out of it and my car got caught on it. The manager had to physically lift my car off of it. I immediately went to an auto-body repair shop... $500 worth of damage (latches out of alignment). I submitted quote to CVS for reimbursement and am still receiving no satisfaction after multiple calls, emails and almost 3 months. They keep referring me to their insurance carrier who refers me to their landlord. I was there to do business with CVS no one else. You would think CVS would put pressure on the insurance company or landlord to resolve this, or just resolve it directly with me. I will not give up! #CVStakeresposibility, #CVSdoesnotsupporttheircustomers.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I went to CVS Pharmacy located at 3343 W Montrose Ave Chicago at 5 pm to buy **. There is no button to call for assistance to open lock. I saw around if any employee can help. Then I went to cashier and ask to open lock for medicine. She said, "Someone will be there shortly." I waited 15 min, one employee passed by and I asked her to open lock, she said, "Pharmacy rep will help you." Pharmacy infront of where I need help but they seems busy. After another 10 min, same employee who passed by before, she came and said, "I open locked medicine, which one you want." I frustrated waiting for almost half an hour, I refused to buy and left the store at 5:30 pm.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Over and over again I take my prescriptions to the CVS closest to my house and when I go to pick them up they mess up and I end up picking the meds in different CVS pharmacies. I end up driving to 2 or 3 locations. They make it so difficult for you. Plus the pharmacy technicians aren’t too friendly. I’m switching to another pharmacy. Bye CVS.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called in a Rx refill for my mother's **. When I went to pick it up they said it was $350.00, normally it has a $40 co-pay in the gap it goes up to $129.00. The employee at CVS told me the insurance didn't cover it. I called the insurance company. They said they would call CVS and try to get it straightened out for me. The insurance agent called me back and said she had called CVS twice, and they hung up on her. She suggested I called them the next day to see if they had it fixed. I did call them the next day to see if they had it fixed. They again told me the insurance didn't cover it. I called another large pharmacy and transferred the Rx. It went through their system fine and I paid the gap price of $129.00. This problem could put someone's life in jeopardy.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been going to CVS for many years now & all their locations treats their clients differently? I had a terrible experience at the Ratzer road in Wayne location and I emailed CVS corporation about my complaints and it's been weeks now and they still didn't reply? No apology no solutions, no answer what so ever, even after I emailed them again for not replying? It just shows that they don't care about their customers or the complaints received!?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

CVS mail order system is not working: My 97 year old mother who lives in AZ (I live in WA) is out of her heart/blood pressure medication today, Sun. 12/9/2018. Mail order uses UPS with no Sun. delivery & no guaranty she'll receive pills on Mon. either. No local CVS pharmacy has her medication in stock. Mail order pharmacy isn't open on Sun. so no way to transfer prescription to another pharmacy for emergency refill. CVS computer messed up so first packet of shipment is dated to be taken on 12/11 instead of 12/9 so all packets for next 30 days are incorrectly labeled.

Countless hours spent over last few months with mail order care team & pharmacists trying to change system that calculates shipment to arrive only two days before meds run out with no consideration of weekend, holiday or no Sun. delivery. System also doesn't allow for correct start dates to continue meds--30-day supply doesn't take into account months with 31 days. After waiting 30 min. to speak with mail order care team, referred to store complaint line which took another 51 min. only to be referred back to care team who referred me. Don't use this service unless you want to spend countless hours on the phone and worry, not to mention possible injury or death.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information