3.49/5
Based on 1,829 ratings submitted in the last year

1983 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I requested at the beginning of the winter season that all my prescriptions be transferred from CVS in Michigan to CVS on Collier Rd, Naples, FL. Daily I take 9 pills that range from blood pressure meds to statins. In addition to the blood pressure meds I must take a water pill to reduce the edema caused by the blood pressure meds. Needless to say I attempted to fill my diuretic only to discover that it, unlike all the other meds was NOT transferred. To add more insult to injury, I was never informed and when asked was told by the dispenser that the pharmacist had a question of my doctor, which my doctor had not responded to. In the meantime I checked into emergency with a case a congested heart failure. My doctor has no record of being contacted by the Pharmacist. A life threatening lie.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I love CVS in my town. The people that work there are happy. I always feel comfortable getting a flu shot or prescription or asking questions. I never wait very long and someone always speaks to me when they see me. Never ignore.

Original review: March 20, 2019

2 Cashiers of CVS Altoona, PA Branch are rude and racist. The name of the cashier in my receipt is Arielle. The Guy Cashier accused me of getting double ExtraBucks in my receipt and embarrassed me in front of other customers in store. The guy cashier keeps on talking about I am trying to get double ExtraBucks in my Transaction but I am trying to get the right amount of ExtraBucks because I didn’t get the exact amount of ExtraBucks and It was posted in their Ads that I will receive that amount of ExtraBucks if I buy 3 Irish Spring Body Wash. The same thing happened to my 5 Hefty Trash Bags. I didn’t get the right amount of ExtraBucks.

Then the second cashier came out. She said she won’t allow me to buy the L'Oreal shampoo/conditioner because they have ExtraBucks. She said she won’t allow me to buy 4 L'Oreal Shampoo/Conditioner because I will get another ExtraBucks, and said to me since I already got ExtraBucks from my Hefty Trash Bags and Irish Spring Body Wash she won’t allow me to buy the 4 L'Oreal shampoo conditioner even if I don’t use my coupons, she said she will only allow me to buy the L'Oreal shampoo conditioner if that won’t give me ExtraBucks. She said that’s enough ExtraBucks for me that day. I am Buying different brand of products that gives ExtraBucks, not the same kind of products that have ExtraBucks. I also bought 2 Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid At that time, when I got home and checked my plastic bag they didn’t put the other Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have been using CVS as my pharmacy for many years. I just moved from MA to PA and the transition was seamless. Still getting to know the PA CVS but the pharmacists in MA were very knowledgeable and helpful with questions.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My prescriptions are auto-filled. I receive the recorded message that the order is filled and ready for pick-up. This is my third time traveling to the store to pick up the medicine and get the same response. They see the order has been filled, but they can't find it. I then have to wait to have it refilled again. This gives me no comfort that things are running smoothly behind the counter. Looking for another pharmacy to transfer my records too. Sad state of affairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm tried of waiting 4 weeks to get my meds. You guys are supposed to have it ready with it promised and you guys never do and never answer the phone and the store number is 4878 in Dothan, Al. When I find another pharmacy I'm going to it. Thanks.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Overall my experience with CVS is good. Their staff are friendly and willing to help. Their automated text reminders are a nuisance. You can select STOP, but it will not stop and the messages will continue for several days. In addition, the reminders do not always follow your verbal instructions. For example, I have asthma and use my emergency inhaler as needed. Therefore, I do not need to schedule this medication. I still get text messages. The system needs to be adjusted to allow for medication that is not needed on a daily basis.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The pharmacy staff is always very friendly and helpful. They always greet me with a smile and they are always willing to go the extra mile when it comes to assisting me. They are always willing to call my doctor and assist me with obtaining the information needed to get my prescription filled.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had been getting my prescriptions filled (pain medications as this is work related injury) at my local CVS pharmacy. I was receiving mild pain medication such ** 5/325 mg take 1 tablet every 12 hours as needed. Now mind you I would sometimes have so much pain that I would have to take 2 tablets (making it ** 10 mg). My surgery for my neck (C4-C7 anterior decompression and fusion) was bumped up sooner date all within a few days prep time. Surgery was successful but very painful. While in hospital I had to be given ** along with ** 5 all together just to alleviate the pain. I was discharged home on new prescription for ** 5/325 2 tabs every 4 hours.

I received a phone call from pharmacist saying that she “would not fill my order for ** due to the fact I had ** and it wasn’t time to refill”... I told her (by this time have been waiting for pain relief was in severe pain and could barely talk with her because I was crying) that I was just now discharged postoperative from having major spinal surgery and will need something for pain. She said I would have to wait till tomorrow morning to speak with my surgeon. I was becoming irate by this time because my pain level was out of the roof. The pharmacist was NOT going to help me and didn’t care. Finally after being traumatized from all this, a fresh post-op major surgery should NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND OF PAIN with the feelings of hopelessness mixed in... doctor called pharmacist and told her to give me pain medication. I will be switching to an entirely completely different pharmacy.

Original review: March 17, 2019

CVS...always CVS. Don't ever go to the one in Baytown on corner of Garth and Birdsong. It could take up to a week to receive your meds. By then you'll be deceased. I have patients to pick up for and they really have to have this medication just to live and they still have to wait days. All it takes is 24hrs to die people. Come on. Do better. I think they are the ones to depopulate the world in disguise. Pay attention people.

Original review: March 17, 2019

CVS is okay but I feel that their automatic refilling policy has caused me to have more medicine than I need. I also wish they would have all of my medications filled at the same time. It is often congested where they are located and not easy to drive out of. Also they have long waits in the store.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I wish I could like CVS, the people there seem like good people but they don't stock meds. Their online system fails daily and it is slow as hell when it works. They don't offer delivery. They will improve nothing until Amazon forces them to. They buy all the competition instead of rising above it.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Went to CVS in. Waynesville, NC. I was there to pick up a prescription. I am disabled and it took over 30 minutes to obtain it. I waited in line over 10 minutes to pick it up. When I presented my Good RX card I was told you go to another register. I waited in line again over 10 minutes. After that was told to go back to the original pick up to register. Once again I stood in line for over 10 minutes. This is absurd!!! When I talked with the manager he was very mean and negative. I will NEVER use CVS again and will post on social media so no one has to go through this!!!

Original review: March 15, 2019

Online listing of scripts and refills as well as robocalls are often wrong. Having pharmacy run out of drugs near the end of the year and then substituting more expensive drugs (after calling the doctor) is unconscionable. They have become too big, resulting in long lines and errors.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This pharmacy is the most expensive in town. My co-pay using my insurance on ** Shampoo was $45. The pharmacy person didn't mention any coupons or discounts when I said that was very high. I left the drive-through - went home and checked GoodRx and found the same thing for $20.31 from Frys. I called CVS and was told they would take the coupon. I took the GoodRx coupon to CVS this afternoon, yes they would take the coupon and charge $30.31 - $10.00 more than Frys. I called Frys and asked them to call CVS and have the prescription transferred to them. I had similar experience with my other prescriptions -I ended up moving them to Walmart saving $45 on one and a substantial amount on the other one. Check your prescriptions on the internet - GoodRX or other coupons to find the best price for your medication. COME ON FOLKS. DON'T PAY MORE THAN YOU HAVE TO.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My experiences for a number of years with CVS have been great. They automatically keep track of and message me when to pick up my prescriptions, and if necessary check with my doctors. I can always get explanations from the pharmacy if I need them. They are very polite and courteous, and extremely efficient. I am in a Rewards Program which gives good benefits. The store also has very good sales. I feel the cost for the scripts are quite reasonable.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My particular CVS is fairly well run by the people working there. Of course it is a chain, and the usual chain aggravation exists, such as not enough help, etc. The pharmacy is better than most chain pharmacies such as Walgreens, and the Rewards program does save me money when using their 30-40% off. Overall, I would rate this CVS a 3 and a half.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have been going to CVS since I can remember and today I show up to pick up my prescription and they say they can't fill it because it's under clinical approval. No one in the pharmacy has a clue what that really means. Meanwhile I'm waiting on my prescription. They had to call it in to a different Pharmacy just so I can get it before I go out of my mind because I am on my last pill. By the way it's a simple thyroid pill.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Absolutely terrible on every level: They don’t answer the phone. They don’t report when there is a delay or problem w/ Rx. They don’t have enough staff. They have given me wrong Rx. They don’t honor Good Rx prices upon refilling same Rx Monthly. They DONT Care if the customer is unhappy! I am transferring my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I have used CVS on Rosecrans in La Mirada CA for over 13 years. I have found that they continually provides a very positive shopping experience. The personnel, specifically the pharmacists, provide excellent customer service. They are knowledgeable and professional. It is an excellent store.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I went in the CVS in Humble to buy ** and was told they never heard of it and the pharmacist continues to tell me about her education. That I was pretty well stupid. After all the customers that heard and started laughing at her I walked next door to Dollar General and bought it.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I would like to recommend that all who work in the pharmacy department at 736 Hill St., Griffin, Ga undergo REMEDIAL customer service intensive program. On numerous occasions the staff is curt, angry in tone, elevated octave in speech, unprofessional, and not helpful to the consumer. How can one be angry with a customer at 9:30 in the morning, you haven't given Jesus time enough to work on your attitude yet. It is wise not to provoke.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Had a wonderful experience with Britney who works at CVS pharmacy on Sullivan Road in Newnan Georgia. Brittany went above and beyond her duty. Britney told me I could get a coupon to help save money on my prescription! WOW Thanks so much Britney I appreciate your help!

Original review: March 8, 2019

On 3/8/2019 I called CVS Pharmacy located at the corner of Northlake Blvd. and Congress Blvd. in Palm Beach Gardens, FL regarding a prescription and was put on hold and then disconnected 4 times without ever reaching anyone in the Pharmacy Department. I then called the main line two times to finally reach the Manager of the Store who said, "There is nothing I can do and that they are very busy in pharmacy"! So that means it's okay to hang up on customers I guess! The Manager didn't seem to care at all that I was having trouble getting through to the store. All he could do was transfer me to Pharmacy which again put me on hold and then hung up the call. Unbelievable service. Will NEVER buy from CVS again! Walgreens here I come! Have had much better service with them.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The prices at CVS are 2 and some products are 3 times higher than at Walmart. I am an Aetna-Coventry Medicare holder and I am forced to go to CVS for the Over the Counter (OTC) products allowance. To give some example: ** (equate which is Walmart brand) 20 mg 14 tablets cost $6.98 at Walmart (**); same product but CVS brand cost $12.99 on the OTC booklet (**); ** nasal spray (60 metered spray) $14.99 in CVS OTC compare to $14.96 for 120 metered spray at Walmart (**), and the list goes on. We receive $75 allowance from Coventry for OTC purchase; with that money I would buy the equivalent of $150 or probably more at Walmart. I am forced to go to CVS for my OTC, otherwise I would not purchase from them. Waaay too expensive.

Original review: March 5, 2019

They filled a prescription when I was very ill. My husband picked it up, brought it home and read the "warning" labels on it; then gave it to me. There was NOT a label stating this had to be taken with food and no one at CVS had bothered to inform him of this. Since we had no knowledge of this I had not eaten before taking it. I ended up extremely nauseous, dehydrated and in the hospital. CVS will not respond to my messages/complaints. They should not be allowed to hold a pharmacy license! As busy as Walmart pharmacies are, they always give you a consult and be sure you know how to properly take the prescriptions. That CVS gets away with this uncaring negligence is a travesty.

Original review: March 4, 2019

There is something big going on with Insurance comp and their preferred Pharmacy. I have been prescribed couple of medicine. CVS told me the price is $92 and on providing my insurance it use to charge me $10 for that medicine. Once I did not have a costly insurance, they asked me $75 (with max discount card). I chose to change the Pharmacy instead of paying this huge amount (for an experiment), I found the total price of that medicine is $8.50 in other Pharmacy (Giant). I felt cheated. Insurance is not baring any cost of the medicine. End of the day it's making you pay more than 100% of actual cost (showing a big discount) and CVS is helping them to carry on this cheating by artificially increasing its price 10 times.

Original review: March 4, 2019

CVS in Williamstown, NJ has been my go to pharmacy for many years. I could always depend on them having my medications. In the last few months they got rid of the generic brand ** of ** which I have taken for years. After many trial and errors, I finally found a somewhat acceptable generic by Accord. They canceled that too!!! You lost me as a customer and soon my daughter became you never have her meds either. I KNOW CVS can order the generic I need, they just won’t!!! You will lose many more customers with the sugar pill generic you now offer.

Original review: March 3, 2019

What’s the purpose of offering pay online ready for pickup and still need to wait in line with over 8 people waiting for pickup!!! Ready for pickup in any other place has its own line!!! So why can’t we have it at CVS?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I am not one of those 'review' types but I had to write about this pharmacy because I hope that they will read this and change. Our company went to a new medical insurance which forced us to use CVS or Caremark. It's been one year now and I still am shocked at the service with Target Pharmacy. Not only is the website nearly impossible to figure out, but even though I am signed up on the website for reorder automatically with my phone number it STILL does not send me any email or texts that my medication is ready. I have also given my phone number to the staff at the pharmacy and questioned this, but they check and say they don't know why it is not working.

Complaint two, is that I am always in line for at least 20 minutes. There is never more than one person on register!!! It does not matter what time of day or week but I always have to plan my prescription pick up when I know I have a lot of time to waste. Third, even though it has been 2 days since my pharmacy has received a prescription from my physician, it is never ready when I go to pick it up. Since I never get a text message, (I guess that maybe why I NEVER get a text message because it is never ready?) So I waste time standing in line to see if my prescription is ready since I don't get any text messages that it is ready.

They never have more than three people working the pharmacy. A pharmacist, a pharmacy tech, I'm assuming because they are always in the back with the pharmacist, and ONE person on the register. The line goes around the aisle of the pharmacy department. Last complaint is that they make people stand to the side if their prescription is still being filled. The people stand no more than a few feet away so they can hear what I am talking about with the staff. It is in my opinion a blatant breach of HIPPA. I work in the medial field in a clinic.

I have spoken to my coworkers and they all complain of the same things when it comes to CVS Pharmacy. It really needs an overhaul immediately. I have never in my life seen such an incompetent pharmacy!!! Please read this and change your policy and procedures. Think of the customer first please? Incidentally, I did go there yesterday to pick up my medications again and they STILL did not have them ready for me 3 days later. A simple medication that should have been filled, they also rechecked my phone number AGAIN and still no texts later in the day when my medication was ready for pick up! DO not recommend this pharmacy until they get their act together.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information