CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.7/5 (782 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: March 15, 2022

I understand that CVS understaffs its pharmacies, overworks what little staff they have, and pays them bupkis, so it's pretty reasonable that their employees aren't exactly motivated to do a good job, but: god just once I'd like to get my meds without them being a complete nightmare. EVERY SINGLE MONTH they screw up my prescriptions, they're constantly out of my medication so I have to wait 3-4 days on average to get it, I can't talk to anybody on the phone, a manager once falsely accused me of shoplifting in front of the entire store and wouldn't apologize after the cashier told him I'd paid, etc. These are medications that people NEED, they can get sick--hell, even DIE--having to wait to get them. They've made my dad wait for days to get his insulin! Like, it's SERIOUS, you can't be this disorganized and neglectful when it involves people's HEALTH! Pay your employees enough to care, CVS, for the love of god!

Original review: March 14, 2022

The pharmacy clerks are the rudest people for no reason. They want you out of there without you being able to ask questions. When you ask something, they rudely say I don't know anything about that, you'll need to go somewhere else & ask... It's as if we're bothering them. Every time I've been in there, different people have been behind the counter & have the same demeaning, rude & dismissive attitude. What is wrong with these people? I want my Mother to go somewhere else so I don't get their abuse.

Original review: March 5, 2022

This has got to be the worst company around. Horrible customer service, rude to customers. Will NEVER shop at another CVS again. You deserve all the shoplifting that's occurring around the US. Can't even defend your store -- pathetic losers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I have been a loyal CVS customer for over 20 years and they finally lost my account. CVS has been going downhill for the last 5 years, all items in the store are overpriced including prescriptions, they badger their customers with texts and emails, and the pharmacy is a total joke! Now their service is terrible too. I will no longer give them extra money to treat me like garbage!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

They are also pushing to refill our scripts for 3 month refills and refilling scripts that have been canceled. We even told them to take scripts off the refill list and they still refill them. I'm not happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I have a script in for more than a week at local CVS; was told by a rep. that CVS cannot bill Medicare for lancets if patient test more than 3 times a day; then spoke face to face to a pharmacist at the store and was told, "We do handle these situations but the issue is the script no IAW Medicare bla bla bla." Called again to check on status. Another pharmacist (on the phone) J. told me that they do not bill Medicare if you test more than 3 times and that they had new pharmacists that do no know CVS policy. Looks like a rudderless ship. As a patient I had filled my scripts for the same item at CVS with no issues before. Now you are forcing me to look for a different pharmacy and are wasting my time and not helping. Does CVS accept Medicare for ** supplies (DMEs) or not? Why all the confusion in the store?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Already very high priced and now customers have to do self-checkout? My hope is that CVS customers drop CVS and go with Walgreens as me and my family will be doing... including changing over our prescriptions. And keep in mind...now the wait in line will be that much longer too...but obviously CVS doesn't care that they are disrespecting their customers by not giving the service they deserve. This review is not about people not knowing how to run the self-checkout...it is bigger than that. It's the principle! What exactly are you doing for your faithful customers? Nothing! Goodbye CVS! Hello Walgreens! If enough of us customers follow suit in this, perhaps CVS will see a drop in sales and change this idiotic idea...or go under.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The pharmacist Stacey A ** at the store in Daytona Beach Shores is not competent in pharmaceuticals or customer care. My prescription for insulin was written by my Doctor whose handwriting is illegible or difficult to read. She was impatient and refused to fill the script and told me to find another pharmacy or another Doctor if I wanted my medication. I switched to Walgreens where the pharmacists are trained professionals.

Sincerely,

Phil **

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The CVS in York is horrible. They do not answer the phone, they simply ignore it, and admit that. The staff is rude. They told me Saturday (in person-the pharmacist himself) my refill would be ready Monday. It was not ready at 5:00pm, no call to tell me they were out of it. I can't call to inquire because they don't answer their phones! Waited in line 15 minutes to find out they don't have it. Nothing remotely like an apology-just "It's not my fault". I've used them over 10 years, and countless times they have made mistakes, been rude, contradict themselves or flat out lie. As of today, I moved all my prescriptions elsewhere. Others should avoid this terrible store. Ironically, they have a big sign that says "Pharmacists that care." That is NOT true. While typing this I have been on hold with the corporate feedback line for over 12 minutes!!!! At the top, they also don't care.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I scheduled a Covid test for traveling. The first one I took was on a Saturday, Monday I still did not receive results. Monday I scheduled a rapid test. I sat outside for two hours waiting to be told they would not do my rapid test because I on the website I inadvertently hit the wrong button. After talking to three different people over the course of two hours. They turned me away, they were rude and had absolutely no sympathy for the time that I was sitting there or the action that they did not take. Stay away from big businesses and use the local mom and pop shops. They are always more personable and they get things done!!!! CVS 1 Old Kings Rd S, Palm Coast, FL 32137. Stay CLEAR!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The pharmacy would not not give me price without a call from my doctor. The CVS pharmacy told me that with my CVS card I will only pay deductible. After my Doctor called them, they still would not give me the price until checkout. The price was $120 and they charge me $60x 3 = $180. I went there to return the bottles without opening them. But they refused to give my money back. Costco wants $20 for this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I recently purchased 2 Covid19 test kits at a price of $83.06. After it was announced that the federal government would be sending kits to consumers at no cost, I returned to the store 3 days later for a refund of the unopened boxes. Even though CVS return policy guarantees a refund within 60 days for non prescription purchases, I was refused a refund. Any business is a risk reward situation. CVS miscalculated the government response to the situation and is practicing POOR customer service/relations policy by passing the responsibility for their mistake on to loyal customers like myself. Eating the cost of the covid test kit inventory is THEIR cost of doing business NOT the consumer's. I've shopped at CVS for over 20 years. I'm a loyal CVS customer. I will refrain from doing so ever again. Social media can be a powerful resource. Word of mouth is a powerful influence.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Best Covid breeding place ever! Stood in line at the pharmacy counter line with at least 15 other customers while the pharmacy was staffed with 1 person at the register and 6 people fumbling around with hundreds of prescriptions scattered around the small area. I waited in line for 15 minutes and when I finally spoke to the person at the register, I was told my prescription was not ready but she’d expedite things. I was told to wait at least another 15 minutes.

I immediately asked for the store manager (**); at that point, the other 2 registers were staffed with 2 employees who amongst the group sorting through mounds of prescription. The line started to move. When I spoke with **, I expressed my concerns, he graciously answered/responded to the issues that I pointed out. He informed me that he had 8 employees out due to Covid and I commented - well, the risks increases when so many people are grouped into a small area. I won’t be returning to CVS 14220 Schleisman Rd, Eastvale, CA 92880. There are too many pharmacy choices in the area that’ll make me feel that I’m served better and won’t take my business for granted. Don’t waste your time going to CVS!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My wife and I, we are 75, could have received a call from the pharmacist that our diabetic medication is finally ready and, having had a good previous experience, I asked the pharmacist by name about every medication if there would be any problems and time if it was better to pick up the order. The next day we were told to come up for 15 minutes and we received part of the order, then we were expecting one more medication. As a result, we were forced to wait for more than two hours and everything was supported by abuse and outright groaning on the part of the staff, especially from supervisor Tina.

At home, we found out that touch lancets alone are not compatible and we are forced to return the next day. I repeat again, everything went through in a mocking manner. I have to called customer relation twice and asked for help, they promised someone woold call back 24-48 hrs., but no one called. Asked my doctor redirect the prescription to Walgreens, and today my wife received medication. Better to stay away from CVS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

They do not answer their phone. People aren't calling the pharmacy to chit chat - we are generally calling to get or give info about life saving or life altering medications. They either leave you on hold for up to an hour and a half before answering or hanging up on you or - they just hang up on you. Unsat! The CVS insurance company and pharmacy monopoly needs to be broken up. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Worst CVS in Wauwatosa. Ordered my prescriptions online, paid for online, get to the pharmacy the drive-thru is closed. Call the pharmacy and said they were short-handed and could not Give me my paid prescriptions through the drive-thru that I had to come in and pick up my drugs. I stated that I am a high risk for covid. That's why I use CVS drive-thru. She said she couldn't help me and was very rude. Did not offer to send them through the mail. Tried calling back line was always busy or when I got through got disconnected. For being a premium pharmacy I think their customer service skills suck

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Absolutely the most incompetent, rude, lazy, and undertrained staff literally anywhere. This CVS incorrectly filed my prescription with an old insurance that I did not even have in 2019 by searching my name through some database only they use instead of running my correct insurance. It took numerous phone calls and 3 days of hassle back then to straighten it out. Went to Urgent Care tonight and was diagnosed with untreated Strep that has spread through my system causing secondary infection and rash.

They sent 4 prescriptions to this CVS to try to get them filled tonight because of how much it is spreading and what do they do but repeat the exact same error from 2 years ago and lock up my insurance again. When I advised the pharmacist that they did this before and nowhere else has any issues the male "pharmacist", who very unprofessionally looked like a lumberjack who just got out of bed, got an attitude with me stating, "we'll see" when I asked him to send it to Walmart. Every single person in the pharmacy here needs to be fired. Also, why does only this CVS have some system that pulls up insurance you don't even have??

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Booked Covid booster appointment some time in advance. Got to the store early as requested only to be greeting by a sign saying they were out until 13:30, then, after a 20 minute wait, was told no vaccines were available until Friday. Staff were deliberately unhelpful and evasive. This is not the only CVS Pharmacy where I have received negligible, incorrect or timewasting interactions so assume it must have endemic management and organizational problems.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I had my son's pediatrician call in his medication refill on 12/23/31 and received a text from CVS stating that my son's prescription could not be filled until 12/26/21 due to state law. I called CVS on 12/26/21 and asked that my son's prescription be filled. I explained it has been put on hold and asked if it could be filled. CVS ran it through their system, and told me I could pick it up in an hour. When I arrived 2 hours later to pick it up, I was told it could not be filled until 12/27/21 due to state law and that I "should have received a call or text." I received ZERO communication and wasted an hour of my time. This is the THIRD time this has happened. I am considering changing pharmacy companies due to your incompetence and obvious lack of care for your customers. This is unacceptable! I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not my son can get the medicine he needs.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

5 Days and still no results. Just a ** show. If you can't supply better customer service please don't offer this service. Your business is a joke and whoever is running this ** show find a job. You're embarrassing.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Customer service at CVS is non existent. Then it is impossible to reach a live person who speaks English to solve your problem. Their website gives unreachable email addresses, their corporate office people reroute your call back to not English as a first language call centers. Do not shop at CVS.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Stay far away from Green Dot and CVS Pharmacy. They are both in cahoots together. Been waiting since October 29th. No resolution so far and no one seems to give a ** to lift a finger to help me get my money back. I handed the cashier $1,000 to place on two different cards and they did not land up in my cards. They wound up giving me a receipt to two different cards that didn't even match my cards when I open up the package when I got home and I'm sitting with the receipt and I'm explaining this to them and nobody wants to help me. Pathetic. What good is a receipt.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I went to VCS Pharmacy at zip code 75063, Irving Texas, to get two PCR test so I could fly out of the country to an international destination, the test is supposed to be ready in 24 to 48 hours, I was not given the results till after 3 days, the test needs to be 72 hours from landing, don't promise what you cannot keep, I will never again go to CVS for anything, I do not trust them, lost my reservation and ticket cost because I had to book a different flight, also CVS charged my insurance for a TEST I did not use, huge scam.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Call at 12 pm, spoke to pharmacist and was told medication for my mom was ready right now to be picked up. At 6 after long day and rushing to get to my 95-year-old mom was told med not avail till Feb - obv mistake on their part and yet pharm was extremely discourteous and rude and sarcastic and this guy brushed me to the side - despite fact it was their clear mistake. Made me wait 30 minutes as he helped others. Was finally able to get two pills I had to pay for until they can straighten out their mistake. This was not the right way to treat a lifelong customer.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Scheduled an appointment for the Covid Vaccine, got there early, 20 minutes later the pharmacist calls me into a dimly lit room with nearly 1.5 cc's of something in a 3 cc syringe. Of course I declined and asked to watch him draw up the appropriate amount from a new vial as this was obviously not acceptable. He declined so I left without getting the vaccine.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Have travel and scheduled PCR Rapid test 5 days before to ensure appointment 2 days before travel. Appointment scheduled for 11:30am. CVS sent email at 9am on day of appointment that my appointment is cancelled. No reason, no options. I tried calling and it's not manned. I texted twice and apparently got people to respond, but no help. They simply said "sorry for inconvenience." Terrible service. I checked and no other CVS within 20 miles of me had open appointments today. I went down street to Piedmont UrgentCare and was seen right away. CVS has lost my business permanently.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Picked up a script just this afternoon for my husband (he usually gets it). He told me it should be no more than $250 - get there & she rings up $286. I tell her that can't be right. She insists it is. So I take it home. Husband says, no, right here (on phone) it should be $255. So he jumps in the car & goes over (within the hour of my purchasing it) & they tell him the cannot give him an adjustment & that they told me that. They DID NOT tell me that. If they had, I would have not gotten it & sent my husband over to pick it up. So, because of this *** WE ARE TRANSFERRING ALL OF OUR SCRIPTS TO ANOTHER PHARMACY CHAIN! *** This overcharge and inability to refund the overage has cost them our business. And we will tell others about this incident.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I’m a provider and I honestly think CVS is taking on more than able to handle!!! Try calling in pts blood pressure prescription all day… 2 days back to back…CVS Linden… Keep holding forever and no pharmacist came to the phone.. I have to hang up!! If you want to act like Urgent care, a clinic or a hospital… You have to take on Labor!!! Whether man or Machine!! CVS you promise supply, so please when the demand is at your door, you should be able to meet!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

On Monday, November 8, 2021, I went to the CVS on 61-15 Metropolitan Avenue in Queens, NY 11385 to get a PCR test required by the hospital three days before I was going to get a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy on Friday, November 12. To begin with no one in the pharmacy was able to tell me where this test was to be done or they couldn't be bothered ... It was a customer who heard me asking and told me I'd have to go through the drive-thru. Fine. I exited the building and drove to the drive-thru. I had to honk my horn to get someone's attention. Well, see-administered the test as directed by the person at the window and was told the results would be available in 2 days or by Wednesday, November 10. I didn't have a result by Nov. 10 or Thursday, Nov. 11 midday. I am now getting very stressed because these procedures has already been postponed previously due to a similar situation.

After midday, I called CVS and the person answering the phone checked and told me the results had not come in. Now, I'm a 76 year old woman and computers are not my forte; however, I decided to wait an hour or so. I decided to check the paperwork CVS handed me and saw the labs was Quest. I called an 800 Quest number. I had to wait at least 1/2 hour to get a human. I was told they couldn't give out this information on the phone unless I could somehow provide some verification which I did by telling the whole story about my procedures were dependent on the PCR results and that I had the test done at CVS a 61 15 Metropolitan Avenue. This was sufficient for the Quest rep to send the results to my email address I provided to her. The Quest rep told me CVS did not include neither my address nor my phone number with the sample and that's the reason why I had not received the results!

The results of these procedures are to go to my Cardiologist and Vascular Surgeon so they can figure out what's wrong with severe chest pains I've been experiencing of months. The inefficiency of CVS at this particular Metropolitan Avenue thankfully did not negatively affect my health but it very well could've if subsequent medical treatment had been delayed because I couldn't get results due to CVS employee lack of follow-through on a process. I wouldn't recommend this particular Minute Clinic or Pharmacy at this location. I would've given it a minus STAR rating but that wasn't an option!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The worst Pharmacy!!! I should say the worst company you shouldn't deal with!!! The application does not have a link to delete the account and it's horrible!!! I scheduled a covid-19 vaccine at 5:00 in the morning, for 5 afternoon and at 2:30 afternoon, they cancelled my appointment without any reason!!!

CVS Pharmacy Company Information