CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.8/5 (783 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 3, 2022

My doc puts my same 2 refills in & so far this year alone they decided to keep changing policy. They tried charging an insurance that wasn't mine. Now it's a diagnosis they want. 5 days no meds and withdraw. They didn't care or bothered to follow-up with the doctor. The doctor's office never heard of these new things. CVS is lazy and doesn't care about patient's health.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I called to follow up on the status of a prescription. I was placed on hold for over 45 minutes and was disconnected. This happened x3. CVS in Lakewood Rd, Toms River. CVS will add stress to your health. Pls save the the aggravation.

Original review: May 26, 2022

CVS what a joke for upper management. I scheduled an appointment online to take a covid 19 test at 6401 Precinct Line Road in Hurst, Tx. I am a VA which they take, I took the test and then was told to wait for the nurse to give me my results. I waited about 5 minutes and she took me to the back and started asking me a lot of question and took my blood pressure and it did not seem right. She ask me to wait and she printed out my bill and they charged me for a assessment charges $99.00 and another $120.00 for the covid test. The covid test I agreed to but not the assessment. The nurse stated that it was a requirement when taking the covid test by the VA. So I called the VA and they stated that was not true.

I disputed the charges and they has some manager call me and she was a joke. How did she get that job. They only care about how much money they can get from you, since the government is not paying for the covid test anymore. The manager stated that it is their new policy now as of April that all covid test requires this assessment for $99.00. I can not trust what CVS tells me now because someone is lying but they are not going to admit to it. My family and I will never use CVS again for anything.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Visited CVS on Rt 4 Burlington, Ct. 06013 to schedule a second booster shot for myself and my wife. Previously had scheduled 1st booster in person for both of us. No problem at that time. Tried to schedule the second booster shot recently and was told it can only be done online. I rescheduled online, the process was cumbersome and time consuming, 20 mins for each of us... I am not stupid, I troubleshot oxygen generation systems aboard US Navy nuclear submarines for 27 years as a field service engineer.

As it turned out, on the day of the appointment, my wife was ill with a stomach virus. I called CVS as to what I should do and they suggested to reschedule the appointment... They would not do that over the phone, they would not do that in person either. I had to go online but there is no option to reschedule, only to cancel and start the registration process all over again. I went to CVS in person since they have all our med info there already and they refused to reschedule saying it had to be done online... I told them that I will take my business to Walgreens where they value customer relations.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I recently had such a great experience with the CVS Specialty Pharmacy Fertility Medications Department, that I really want to share it. I was having problems with the fertility clinic I’m following at in regards to a prior authorization and the pharmacists took the time for three days in a row to call the clinic on my behalf until someone from the clinic initiated the request. They were very nice and sympathetic. I am really grateful to all of them but especially to Jennifer who was the one that finally got them to complete this for me. Without the prior authorization I would have to pay almost one thousand dollars for a medication that my insurance covered 100%. Thanks to all of them I didn’t have to pay any out of pocket amount for the medication and I am going to be able to start it on time. Thanks a million!

Original review: May 10, 2022

My husband changed jobs and now we're stuck with CVS "Care"mark. Horrendous is the nicest thing I can say about this company. Website and app are both filled with bugs and not user friendly. Links dead-end and help is pretty much non-existent. Plus, none of my medications are covered in the dosage my PHYSICIAN prescribed. They'll either pay for much lower or much higher doses than recommended. I've been on ** 40 mg for years. Only mental health drug that has ever been effective for me.

But... this dumpster fire of a company will only allow 10 mg/day for the mail-order program. Also, it gives me a list of 6 other medications "that I can try". Listen, I've been on every med imaginable. Since when did a this joke of a company get authority of my health needs? B Makes zero sense. Fluoxetine is the oldest and cheapest SSRI. But, you want me to try something ineffective and more expensive? Makes sense. Shame on CVS "Care"mark, big pharma, and the insurance industry in general.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Recently I tried to get my Proair HFA inhalers from my local CVS Pharm. on N. Halleck St. Demotte, IN (been getting them there for about 10 yrs). The pharmacist told me that my part D plan would not pay for my 6 inhalers (90 day supply) only 5. I have had the same script for 10 years and have been using the same pharm. What the pharm wanted to do was fill 5 inhalers and charge me for 90 day supply. I wouldn't agree --- I called my part D plan and found out the pharmacist was lying. While I was calling my part d plan the pharmacist called my Dr's. office & told them my plan wouldn't pay for 6 inhalers for a 90 day supply only 5 so my dr. not knowing he was being lied to changed the script to 5.

So I called my part d plan back and they insisted they paid for 6 for a 90 day supply no problem. BUT they informed me the pharm. never tried to put the script thru the system -- so my part D plan called the CVS pharm on a three-way to tell them how to put the script thru so they would see it would be covered & the pharm says I got the script changed to 5. So once again I wouldn't agree --- the pharm manager ** got mad and hung up on us. Then I had to call my dr. office to tell them I was not agreeing to the CVS scam of give you 5 charge you for 6 and call it a 90-day supply (5 won't last 90 days). So my dr. changed the script back to 6.

I have had poor service here before -- long waits, childproof caps when it's in the system, NO childproof caps or stock bottles with the label hanging off (because most stock bottles are childproof). The next day I complained to the store manager he went to the pharmacy and came back with the wrong script for 5 not 6. I said that's wrong. He said the pharmacist said that's the only script she has --- another BOLD FACED LIE. So I went back home and called back the dr. and found that they had sent the script for 6 numerous times. So I waited and went back the next day to talk to the store manager -- and he informed me the pharmacist was refusing to fill ANY of my scripts --how nice !!! If you cant get your way shaft the long time customer.

I complained to CVS corporate and never got a response. The store manager knows me because I've been shopping there 20 years. He said he's very sorry but he couldn't make the pharmacist fill my scripts because the store is managed separate from the pharmacy (they each have their own manager). My part D plan got fed up trying to fix this mess and told me fax the script to us we'll fill it. Then when I got it it was filled by CVS Caremark mail service 6 inhalers for a 90 day supply --- filled by the same company??? AETNA/ CVS Caremark/CVS. It's all the same company!!! Since it got filled that proves the pharmacist was lying all along -- I just wonder If I agreed to this scam who would have got the money???

Original review: May 7, 2022

I accidentally bought a FlowFlex covid test kit, on May/5/2022, later that same day, I looked at the box, It said Made in China! I called the CVS to exchange the box for another different brand, not made in China or to return it. They won't accept return nor exchange. CVS is still carrying Flowflex, Made in China. I don't mind buying a flip flop, made in China, but I won't buy medicines, foods, nor covid test kit from China! It's disgusting that CVS to be selling covid test kit made in China!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Is not keeping up with customer refills, no longer notifying customers that refills need to be renewed, refills not being refilled when due, and total apathy some new corporate guidelines? You CVS clowns are playing with my health and most assuredly with other customers’ health with your inept procedures & policies. Why do I run out of medication with a current in-force prescription and the prescription doesn't get filled? Why am I begging for my medications? I am not someone looking for my next ** fix, but for my diabetes and heart medications, yet I’m left to beg like I have a drug habit. ** are you executive clowns doing? I have completed the process of moving my prescriptions into a local mom-and-pop pharmacy where I can enjoy a professional interaction directly with the owners and not a gang of insincere, apathetic, and incompetent corporate clowns, and those are your good points. Good-bye.

Original review: April 25, 2022

CVS pharmacy is the worst pharmacy since they said need to order the medication after saying yes past 3 day come to pick up and still in a hold, playing with people lives like they don't care. Multiple time went to the pharmacy with the same issue and the same day resolve by my part since they have no communication and they don't care. It is the worst experience to depend on a pharmacy like this for the medication.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I recently was forced to switch to CVS to fill prescriptions due to a new company policy that will not honor prescriptions filled at competing pharmacies. Where I previously enjoyed great service with a different national chain and could easily fill prescriptions anywhere in the country or US territories, CVS acts like each location is independent. CVS can not see me in the system or address the fact that I could need services at a different location each time I need to refill a prescription. They are unable to control notifications, sometimes sending multiples. It’s all or none. It takes several phone calls to resolve account information AND you have to figure out which location has control over the information since the pharmacies act independently. All in all, extremely irritating and disappointing, especially since I know what good service should be and had before being forced to use CVS.

Original review: April 20, 2022

CVS PHARMACY in Commack is declining in customer service, poor communication, disrespect for customers who patronize them. Treated with disrespect at the Pharmacy line and people getting rowdy not knowing why people are waiting 1 hour to pick up meds at 9 PM!! SHORT STAFFED!!! UNEXCEPTABLE For a company worth millions!! BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

The pharmacists are great; I feel bad for them because the online pharmacy services waste their time when online delivery doesn't work. My user experience has plummeted to zero results, zero resolution, zero satisfaction in the past 4 months. I'm switching to Wal-Mart. They need new developers for better UX...

Original review: April 12, 2022

My insurance made me move my prescriptions to CVS. I used Kroger Pharmacy for over 20 years without any problems. So I moved all of my prescriptions to CVS and asked that they be automatically be refilled. On 5 different occasions I was down to my last couple of pills and called to inquire and was told that my prescription was at a different store. I asked for them to be moved to my primary location, only for it to happen again. Today I noticed that I was down to my last several pills and didn't get notification. I called the store and the automated system hung up me twice before I could speak to someone. On the third call I was talking to the person and their system hung on me again. I waited hoping they would call me back and they didn't. On my fourth call after inquiring I was told that they were out of the medicine, so I asked what am I to do. I was told that I could call several other stores to see if they had it in inventory.

Frustrated I asked, "Are you telling me to call around," then he said he could try for me after the challenge. So he told me that I could call them and they could transfer my pickup at the other store for this refill. I asked, "Would they transfer it back?" He said no. That it was my responsibility to call them to have it transferred back to their store. This so frustrating. So by all means if you are looking for a pharmacy do NOT use them, they make you work to keep up with everything and you have to call them. I wish I could go back to using Kroger's.

Original review: April 9, 2022

CVS at 3700 NW 199th St. in Miami Gardens. Certain girls that work there are very difficult to deal with. The problem is for 3 months now I have been shortened on my medicine that happens to be **, I need this medication for I have severe anxiety. I have tried to speak to a pharmacy supervisor, left notes and was told I’d get a call back first thing. Nothing. No calls. When I try and reach pharmacy I can never get thru. I have tried more than 20 times, on hold with sleepy music so I will give up and go to sleep.

I have a strong belief someone there knows exactly what is going on and they are trying to cover it up, by letting time pass. They have cameras I’m sure, and they are focused on the person filling the prescriptions so when I realize I have been shorted they can check camera that same day and who filled it. I know mistakes can happen like a miscount. Yes once, but not 3 times. Someone at that location is stealing, and they need to be caught. When will it stop???? And what other crime is this person doing? I just want it to stop. I depend on my meds very much. Some pls help or give me number who to talk to. This store will not help.

Original review: April 6, 2022

CVS's SimpleDose pre packaged monthly dose(s) of your prescriptions NOW delivers to YOUR CVS STORE AND NOT YOUR HOUSE! No notice of the CHANGE! Now, when/IF you are house-bound the monthly delivery by UPS, MUST GO TO YOUR PHARMACY for YOU TO PICKUP. Defeats the purpose of the program... Why am I being discriminated against? The ENTIRE IDEA of CVS/SimpleDose is to have the monthly meds DELIVERED TO YOUR HOUSE. NOPE, NO LONGER... This is very inconsiderate & disingenuous of CVS/SimpleDose. (Meds can change & I had wanted to keep monthly delivery versus 90 day supply via CVS/Express Scripts. Express Scripts is the WORST delivery w/DHL than USPS... Takes a minimum of 8 days/delivery in South Florida, (if no delays). SHAME ON CVS/SIMPLEDOSE!!!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I qualify for the 2nd booster since I had Johnson & Johnson 2nd booster over 4 months ago. The clerk told me that I didn't qualify for it, even though the CDC website states that I do and the CVS website allowed me to make the appointment based on my information. He also stated that he was surprised that I was able to get a 2nd J&J shot after looking at my vaccine card. He said he had to "check the store policy" and asked us to take a seat. After his smart alecky comment my confidence was shaken in their ability to do anything so I asked for my cards and left.

My doctor told me that it was ok, the CDC website confirms it, and finally the CVS website allowed me to make my appointment -- only to be blocked by the pharmacy clerk looking at his phone to try to find "store policy". When I asked for my cards back he said that he "only had to locate the info real quick" and I told him that my confidence was shaken and to cancel the appointment. CVS, please train your people or at the very least keep them up to date on CDC guidelines during this whole pandemic. This was a complete waste of time.

Original review: March 28, 2022

3 stars is nice of me considering how I’ve been treated. I’ve found some better deals with CVS for my particular prescriptions. The website seems disconnected from the actual pharmacy like they have different goals. I want to give 1 star for the website. The pharmacy has issues but gets the job done at some point. One of the worst things is adding prescription I’m allergic to or that I need removed. Then would be the website not letting me remove my credit card so I can update to my current one. I wouldn’t trust them with a bank card only credit. I’m doing less and less shopping there and prescriptions.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I was calling to see if my prescription was filled before I left my house, I stay 20 minutes away from the one my medicine was sent to, I was still on hold while I walked into CVS. I let the pharmacy cashier know that I was on hold for an hour. She stated that they was busy. Only one guy in line ahead of me. I thought that was so rude of them keeping me on hold for such a long time and I still was missing one medication.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I walked with a cane. They saw me standing in line, and they were having trouble with the customer in front of me, so they opened up another cashier. Very kind and thoughtful. There were only 3 people in line, yet because the line wasn't moving they asked another cashier to wait on me. I viewed that as excellent customer service, I had already stood in line at the pharmacy earlier, so this was appreciated.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Poor customer service. No one returns calls from customer services. District manager lied and closed case. The store CVS Pharmacy at 2992 Cranberry Highway is an East Wareham. I placed a call about my medicine. No one answers the phone. Called the customer relations line - 800-746-7287 (5 days and still no call). Keep getting the go-around no one returns calls. Switching to Walgreens.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I understand that CVS understaffs its pharmacies, overworks what little staff they have, and pays them bupkis, so it's pretty reasonable that their employees aren't exactly motivated to do a good job, but: god just once I'd like to get my meds without them being a complete nightmare. EVERY SINGLE MONTH they screw up my prescriptions, they're constantly out of my medication so I have to wait 3-4 days on average to get it, I can't talk to anybody on the phone, a manager once falsely accused me of shoplifting in front of the entire store and wouldn't apologize after the cashier told him I'd paid, etc. These are medications that people NEED, they can get sick--hell, even DIE--having to wait to get them. They've made my dad wait for days to get his insulin! Like, it's SERIOUS, you can't be this disorganized and neglectful when it involves people's HEALTH! Pay your employees enough to care, CVS, for the love of god!

Original review: March 14, 2022

The pharmacy clerks are the rudest people for no reason. They want you out of there without you being able to ask questions. When you ask something, they rudely say I don't know anything about that, you'll need to go somewhere else & ask... It's as if we're bothering them. Every time I've been in there, different people have been behind the counter & have the same demeaning, rude & dismissive attitude. What is wrong with these people? I want my Mother to go somewhere else so I don't get their abuse.

Original review: March 5, 2022

This has got to be the worst company around. Horrible customer service, rude to customers. Will NEVER shop at another CVS again. You deserve all the shoplifting that's occurring around the US. Can't even defend your store -- pathetic losers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I have been a loyal CVS customer for over 20 years and they finally lost my account. CVS has been going downhill for the last 5 years, all items in the store are overpriced including prescriptions, they badger their customers with texts and emails, and the pharmacy is a total joke! Now their service is terrible too. I will no longer give them extra money to treat me like garbage!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

They are also pushing to refill our scripts for 3 month refills and refilling scripts that have been canceled. We even told them to take scripts off the refill list and they still refill them. I'm not happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I have a script in for more than a week at local CVS; was told by a rep. that CVS cannot bill Medicare for lancets if patient test more than 3 times a day; then spoke face to face to a pharmacist at the store and was told, "We do handle these situations but the issue is the script no IAW Medicare bla bla bla." Called again to check on status. Another pharmacist (on the phone) J. told me that they do not bill Medicare if you test more than 3 times and that they had new pharmacists that do no know CVS policy. Looks like a rudderless ship. As a patient I had filled my scripts for the same item at CVS with no issues before. Now you are forcing me to look for a different pharmacy and are wasting my time and not helping. Does CVS accept Medicare for ** supplies (DMEs) or not? Why all the confusion in the store?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Already very high priced and now customers have to do self-checkout? My hope is that CVS customers drop CVS and go with Walgreens as me and my family will be doing... including changing over our prescriptions. And keep in mind...now the wait in line will be that much longer too...but obviously CVS doesn't care that they are disrespecting their customers by not giving the service they deserve. This review is not about people not knowing how to run the self-checkout...it is bigger than that. It's the principle! What exactly are you doing for your faithful customers? Nothing! Goodbye CVS! Hello Walgreens! If enough of us customers follow suit in this, perhaps CVS will see a drop in sales and change this idiotic idea...or go under.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The pharmacist Stacey A ** at the store in Daytona Beach Shores is not competent in pharmaceuticals or customer care. My prescription for insulin was written by my Doctor whose handwriting is illegible or difficult to read. She was impatient and refused to fill the script and told me to find another pharmacy or another Doctor if I wanted my medication. I switched to Walgreens where the pharmacists are trained professionals.

Sincerely,

Phil **

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The CVS in York is horrible. They do not answer the phone, they simply ignore it, and admit that. The staff is rude. They told me Saturday (in person-the pharmacist himself) my refill would be ready Monday. It was not ready at 5:00pm, no call to tell me they were out of it. I can't call to inquire because they don't answer their phones! Waited in line 15 minutes to find out they don't have it. Nothing remotely like an apology-just "It's not my fault". I've used them over 10 years, and countless times they have made mistakes, been rude, contradict themselves or flat out lie. As of today, I moved all my prescriptions elsewhere. Others should avoid this terrible store. Ironically, they have a big sign that says "Pharmacists that care." That is NOT true. While typing this I have been on hold with the corporate feedback line for over 12 minutes!!!! At the top, they also don't care.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information