1.31/5
Based on 163 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 17, 2018

1716 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 12, 2018

The entire staff of my local CVS is welcoming, attentive, and responsive to any questions that I may have. This is especially important in the pharmacy. I never had such positive experiences at Eckerd's or Walgreens'.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The CVS at 61st and Lewis is a wonderful store! You are greeted as you enter, the store is always nice and clean. The pharmacist Austen is fantastic! You won't regret using this store!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I was trying to fill a prescription at CVS in Brockton, Massachusetts. They told me that my insurance computer system was down and they couldn't fill it. Come to find out it was CVS's systems and they knew it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

The CVS pharmacy I love is my favorite. The customer service is excellent and I find everything I'm looking for at a good price. I really like to get my medicine because they give it to me immediately. I recommend it much since its staff gives an excellent service, the products are easy to find, the store is very neat and very clean.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Do not - ever - register to CVS website and make an online shopping because I only made an order for once, which was only a body cleaning product and it’s been 3 months that I have been seeing the same extra charging in my bank statements for at least 3 times that this company has charged me over 20-25$ for no reason. I tried to delete my debit card information from the account and checked all the settings on the website but nothing is working. I’m going to sue them for this fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have been in the rewards program ever since my insurance is CVS store. Every year I have a problem of receiving my $ 5.00 rewards. Plus it takes 10 business days before they process the script you picked up today. I called 2 weeks ago to find out where my reward was. They said they are still processing it. It would be there on Friday. I called today Tuesday and nothing. Spoke to agent and supervisor and they told me they had to put it into a review and it would take me another 10 business days. By the time I got my scripts on 2/8/18 I might get my rewards on the March 15th if I'm lucky. It is not worth the???

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Worst CVS ever! I have bought many gift cards over my life without a single problem, as I'm sure we all have. Buying one from here is a nightmare! On two separate occasions I have paid for a gift card from this CVS only to have them both be absolutely useless. One for Macy's and one for AmericanExpress. If you're planning on buying a gift card, or anything else for that matter, I strongly implore you to bring your business elsewhere. When contacting the management for a 2nd time (after speaking with AmEx gift cards for over an hour) I spoke with Curtis who had a horrible attitude and told me that it's not his problem and there's nothing he can do. I would expect a lot more from a respected company such as CVS.

We buy these gift cards in confidence and good faith... Imagine giving your elderly Grandmother a gift card to Macy's as a special treat. Only to have her go shopping and find at the register it's absolutely useless. Or giving your 14 year old daughter an AmEx gift card. She was very happy and excited to get it. Again only to go shopping and have the person at the register say the gift card doesn't work. Having to put everything back because of incompetence on the part of CVS. The embarrassment and disappointment is unacceptable. I don't think CVS should even be allowed to sell gift cards at this point and I think that this location should not even be in business.

After dealing with CVS and calling AmEx I was told to dispute it with my credit card company. Wonderful customer service from a world-class company (insert sarcastic tone here)! They'll take your money and charge your card but good luck getting it back. I usually don't leave reviews, especially bad ones but I felt obligated to. And all for a $100 gift card! It was a lot of money for me, for something that should be pretty simple, and now it will be tied up for the next several weeks until it is refunded. I will never shop at CVS again for anything. Hello Walgreens!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My 23 year old daughter had her tonsils out. She needed a return visit to the ER to evaluate the pain that had not decreased in 6 days. Her doctor gave her a prescription for ** 7.5-325mg/15ml solution. My insurance requires me to use CVS Pharmacies. Not one pharmacy in a 20 mile radius carried the medication!! What??? How do you not have a prescribed medication anywhere. Fortunately this occurred in the early afternoon and I was able to get in contact with the doctor regarding this. She was equally as frustrated because she's had issues with CVS Pharmacies before. Fortunately - again - I was able to get to the office before closing to pick up a different prescription for **. This was a 25 mile drive each way.

Had my daughter been released later that day/night and I was not able to pick up her replacement narcotic prescription, she would have had to suffer with pain rating of an 8 out of 10 for an additional day. She's a tough girl and doesn't complain about pain so when she says she's in pain - she's in pain. Pain control is number 1 in the medical field and CVS dropped the ball 110%. My insurance changed at the beginning of the year and this was my 1st experience with CVS. Not impressed at all! Really wish I didn't have to use CVS. Walgreens was MUCH better, all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I just switched to a CVS Pharmacy. So in trying to clarify my med needs the first time I was ignored. Second time guess what. I called a week prior to when I was going to run out and this new pain patch is wonderful. I've only been on it a month so the next time I need it filled they say, "We don't have enough in stock" so I Will be without my patch for 2 days. Nice huh. Well the pharmacist on duty that was In charge was Jason!!! My other meds that I called in at the beginning of the week were not ordered or on their way yet 5 day’s notice. Come on.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

On Feb 8, 2018 my husband went to pick up my daughter's medicine from the pharmacy. She had the flu, so Doc prescribed Tamiflu. They gave him the medicine, and I received a call about 20 minutes after he left saying, "Check the medicine to make sure it is correct". I'm at work, so I frantically call my daughter to let her know not to take it and tell me what it says. She is 15 by the way. She read it to me and it was correct, so I called CVS back to see what was going on, it took 15 minutes for them to pick up the phone, and then she says, "Oh, well make sure the pills are correct, what do they look like?" I'm like, "Lady I'm at work, what did you guys give her??!"

SO I called back, apparently it was correct, but they were supposed to give 15 and she only received 9. Then she tells me some lady in Facebook messaging her frantic about she got some medicine with my daughter's name on it and all her personal information and she is going to call CVS and raise hell! My daughter was like, "What is going on?" So I told her, "Don't take anything, this is ridiculous?!" When I got home, we looked at medicine, what we had was good, so she went ahead and took it.

In the meantime, the other lady continued to text her saying she can't believe this, this is a HPPA violation and she said she was reporting them. I agreed, but really just wanted my daughter to feel better so I haven't had any time to argue or call CVS back. As of today, 2/17/18, CVS has been called numerous times by this other lady, they gave her some gift cards or some credits she said, but CVS has NEVER once called us back to apologize or explain anything, or give us the rest of the medicine that they know they gave to someone else?!!

So, now, after I gave them time to figure this all out, I'm writing my reviews and calling BBB and CVS Corporate office. I am also of course, transferring all my other prescriptions to another pharmacy. I'm mad that all my 15 year old's info is in the hands of a stranger, and that she didn't get all her medicine that was paid for, but I'm even more upset that CVS doesn't have any common decency to call us and explain anything, we have to hear it from a stranger that has my daughter's personal info!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Today I went to the CVS Pharmacy located at 41 08 Queens Blvd, Sunnyside, NY 11104. I was confused about a product so I asked question to a man. He mentioned that he work there. That's why I asked him. He answered to me but I didn't understand what he said exactly because of his accent. So I asked him "Sir can you please repeat? I didn't get you." Then he became unbelievably rude to me.

He was rudely saying to me that "You do not understand English. Learn how to talk in English first." It made me kinda angry. I asked him if I could talk to the manager. Then he became more rude and told me exactly these words "I am the manager here. My name is Mr. **. What you are going to do? Make complaint about me? Go ahead, do it." Now you tell me guys what kind of customer service is this? Do you own me? I swear to god I'm never ever gonna go to CVS Pharmacy again to buy anything. And I'll aware people, how your manager behaves. He is just a store manager but acted like he owns the whole USA.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

As I'm sure so many of you are aware of the growing epidemic of ** addiction in this country I am proud to say that my husband is what it seems to be a successful recovery program. A large part of this program is a medication that blocks the ** receptors in your brain there for defeating the purpose of taking any. All this aside my husband went to CVS Pharmacy by our house. As you can imagine he was very uncomfortable about the whole situation. He's trying to fill a medication that basically says, "I'm a drug addict that needs help to quit". Don't get me wrong. I didn't expect him to get a extra friendly welcome from the pharmacy staff. To be honest I didn't think of them getting any kind of special treatment or anything. I just thought he was going to fill another prescription like always. The pharmacy will do their job. My husband will pay the money and everybody walks away happy.

To my surprise my husband was treated like street garbage. The pharmacy staff was extremely volatile, uncourteous, very unprofessional. You could almost taste the judgment they were making against him. My husband is a pretty emotionally stable man so it's not like he was crying about this or anything. But the fact of the matter is not only on every occasion that he has had to fill his prescription he's had to wait days longer than anything else that we've ever had filled to finally be met with the most unpleasant experience you could imagine. It's almost as if these employees feel that they hold the key to his success and they enjoy dangling it just out of reach.

We have since found a new pharmacy. My biggest concern is for people that aren't as strong or they don't have anybody to vent to in situations like this. It's those people that will never succeed with living a sober life and I just think it's entirely unfair and unjust that these people at CVS who have a job to do and their job description is to fill medication, provide the customer with interaction and side effects and warnings. Nowhere in their job is it to pass judgment. Make you feel like a scumbag all from a top of a pedestal creating a helpless hopeless atmosphere in which you are basically forced back into drug use. People that try to help themselves and do this program should not be met with hostility and dirty looks. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I had a return item, I had a receipt with me, but did not have a charging card with me, evening manager would not refund full amount, I decided to come back with card for next time and get all the money that I paid. When I told him that I will be back, manager would not return my receipt back to me. When I ask twice he said he will call cops on me!!! He was very rude and discriminate my customer right to return my property!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This is the second time, since Christmas, that my CVS can't refill my prescription. If you can't manage to have enough drugs in store, then you need to close. I go there to buy drugs because my BCBS insurance company says I have to. At Christmas, I wound up going to Walgreens and paid $207 out of pocket because my CVS, didn't know when they would have my Rx.

If you can't manage to stock enough medicine for patients, close the store. I don't care if you don't sell cigarettes. I really don't care if you don't sell any airbrushed images. CVS holds degree of sway in the industry. But if you can't fill my prescription, who cares how much sway you have. You are a DRUGSTORE. Who will go to your store to see unairbrushed images or to not to buy cigarettes, nobody! The pharmacist said my drug would maybe be there on Monday. Then, maybe Thursday. Maybe! Twice! This was my pain medication and I didn't have any left. They sent me to another CVS. If you can't refill prescriptions, close the store. In Metairie, LA. Thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was in the corner 34 St. 8th Ave. store in Manhattan. Waited to be serve. One cashier with gold her said next. I thought she meant me. I stayed to walk to her. She look at me like I had 4 eyes. She meant the other ** customer. Ok. I've went back to the line. The other ** cashier abruptly walk away from her register. I put the shutdown and walk out, I want to know if CVS no longer serve ** folks. I'll be back. I'm furious and I'm seeking legal advice. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I started using CVS in Texarkana, AR a year or so ago for some of my and my mom's prescriptions because they are open 24 hrs and have a drive-thru. At first I loved this pharmacy because they were quick when I had to drop a med off after leaving the ER... there wasn't usually much of a wait. Seems like it's gotten worse and worse ever since. First of all I have never once gotten consultation on a new medication. If I ask, I either have to wait so long I just leave and Google it or call another prescription, or I'm treated like I'm inconveniencing them. Several of the pharmacists and techs I've dealt with lately are very rude, especially Patrick, whose English is so horrible I have had to have others translate so I can understand him. I've also seen this happen with other customers. He's very rude and has lied to me on more than one occasion. I get my medications from my psychiatrist and my eye doctor at that pharmacy.

About a month and a half ago my psych increased my anxiety medication from 2 a day to 3 a day. When they filled my medication I was given a 20 day supply instead of 30 days as ordered by my doctor. Aside from the inconvenience of having to return every 20 days, I've gotten it filled twice this way and now have 1 refill left. I called to ask how many pills that leaves me able to get and they tell me 60. So in the end that will be shorting me a whole prescription, and my doctor isn't going to add another 90 pills to the 90 she originally gave me with 2 refills. So after my next refill, I already know there will be a problem and I'm afraid to switch it to my other pharmacy in fear they will somehow make it worse in getting what I'm owed. I'm sure when the time comes, with a lot of hassle, I will be able to correct this as I've saved all my bottles. It's still an inconvenience I should not have to deal with. My anxiety is bad enough as it is.

I'm given 2 different meds for anxiety 3 times a day. Recently, my mother who has cancer was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia. They sent her home a few days later with prescriptions for 2 different antibiotics and a cough pill. My daughter immediately took the prescriptions to CVS to get them filled so I didn't get a chance to actually see what it said. Just the name of the medications and the fact that they were typed and not handwritten. My mom got her meds and continued them that night. There were 4 of one and 10 of the other. The one with the quantity of 10 said to take one capsule by mouth twice a day, no refills. She took all the medication as prescribed, then a couple of days later I'm picking her up off the floor almost unconscious with a 102 degree temperature. Her pneumonia symptoms were coming back worse.

Her 4th day of being finished with these antibiotics, we were notified by a nurse that the prescription was written for 10 days twice a day, which would make 20 pills. So my mom had only gotten half of what she was supposed to, due to an error the pharmacy made. They called the pharmacy and had them fill the rest, which really would do no good since she has already missed almost 4 days, but I got them anyway. When I picked them up I asked to speak with the manager and was told by Patrick that they were short staffed and the manager was busy so he would help me. I told him I was upset about what they had done and all he could do was make excuses instead of admitting fault and apologizing. He literally argued with me in front of a line of people that the way the prescription was written, it was hard to read. Funny since it was typed out and very legible.

I also told him I did not appreciate being interrogated when I called in my anxiety med refill the day before, asking me how many I take a day and how many I had left. All that should matter was it was time for my refill. He tried to explain how 60 pills should last me a month at 3 a day. Pharmacists have to know how to do math very well so why did it take an argument to get him to understand? I decided to call the next day to speak with the manager, Nader. I expressed my concern and he basically admitted to be pretending to be on the phone the whole time I was there while he was listening to the whole conversation between me and Patrick. Then changed his story and stated that Patrick had told him he had it handled, which wasn't true. I was standing there the whole time and never once saw them communicate. I asked him who it was who filled that antibiotic wrongly and Nader refused to tell me.

All he would tell me was that it was one of his pharmacists. He claimed that 5 days was a therapeutic dose and pretended like it was not a mistake they made. I asked him to explain how He can Just cut the doctors prescription in half like that without even knowing what it was for. I told him She had severe pneumonia and was very sick and now getting worse because of their mistake. He kept me on hold several minutes looking up the medication and told me that it wasn't an approved medication for bacterial pneumonia anyway, and I need to take my mom back to the hospital. After he said that, I looked it up and learned in the first sentence that it is an approved medication for pneumonia. In fact, out of all the illnesses it is made to treat, pneumonia was highlighted. Another lie. Never once did I even get an apology. My mother is on Hospice because she has terminal cancer in her bones and can not handle any more chemotherapy at this time.

She is only 68, and was told by her oncologist she could live several years without treatment. Hospice will keep her from having to make multiple trips to doctors and such, as she is in constant horrendous pain. Hospice told us if she goes back to the hospital again within a certain time frame she will lose their service because her insurance will no longer pay for their services. So because of the mistake the CVS pharmacist (whose name I'm refused to be given) has made, my mom is very ill and afraid to go back to the hospital. They don't seem remorseful at all. Only making excuses and passing blame elsewhere while lying over and over to cover their tails. I also noticed on the second Bottle of the antibiotic (the remaining 10 she was supposed to have gotten the first time) it states there are 5 refills, yet on the paper that came with it, it says refills require authorization. I confirmed that was ANOTHER mistake on their part. There are no refills.

By the end of the call, Nader did seem concerned, but not for my mother's health. Only because of a huge life threatening careless mistake they had made. I will find out who is responsible if I have to get a lawyer to do so. I am my mother's power of attorney and have every right to know who may end up costing her her life! THIS IS SERIOUS! Also we have been trying to get her medication filled there for her breathing treatments for a few months and have been given nothing but the runaround while they blame her insurance. After several wasted trips and filling out paperwork, I was told it was straightened out. I went to get it and they tried to charge me almost $50 which is what it costs out of pocket at the pharmacy next door, so I just transferred it there. My mother has no copay. She has met her deductible.

Also a while back I had taken a prescription to CVS and was told they couldn't fill it because the doctor had put the wrong DEA# on it, and was told I need to come pick it up and take it back to the clinic to be rewritten. When I got there to pick it up, the tech told me to take it next door because the pharmacist had been entering it wrong or something. I took it next door as suggested and had the medication in my hand less than 15 minutes later. There is absolutely NO justification for all the lies and incompetence I have personally witnessed coming from the staff at CVS. Sure, we all make mistakes... but there are some mistakes people can't afford to make when they have someone's life in their hands. Their lies and excuses are going to cost someone their life, possibly my mother, and the only remorse they have is for themselves and the consequences they may have to face.

After reading all these reviews, I will never ever again let another CVS pharmacy anywhere ever touch another prescription of mine or my family's, and I will make sure all my friends and acquaintances are aware of their incompetence. This kind of behavior is never okay or acceptable, and I will not just drop it and let it go. Besides all the pain and suffering they have caused my mom, it's also caused me pain, suffering, mental anguish, and the inability to go to work. I am very angry. Something needs to be done to stop this corporation from allowing these individuals who have supposedly has massive amounts of schooling to cause so much grief to the people who put their faith in them, they are ripping off, to continue to run this company into the ground! And no. This is not over by a long shot!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Mulitple mistakes made by the CVS Post Rd. Cumming, GA pharmacy here. Staff is rude and inconsistent. A few years ago they sent me home with someone else's medication that I almost gave to my newborn preemie twins. We should have taken legal action then but didn't. The CVS app that they begged me to get on my phone to make it easier says prescriptions are filled and ready and store then denies that.

Doctors have called in all prescriptions but CVS has nothing on file. Their computer shows inaccurate information on when meds were filled last. They seem to be all over the place. Above all is the lack of concern for the individual and the willingness to make it right. They have a constant line of cars always waiting and when it's your turn they tell you they are closing the window and you will have to come back tomorrow. It's sad that they can't get a professional reliable Pharmacist to run this store. We will now drive out of our way to another pharmacy to ensure accuracy, good customer service and customer appreciation.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had difficulty with CVS when they could not fill prescriptions using Medicare correctly. Some of their people were rude and were quick to accuse a customer of being rude. So I just found another pharmacy. About 2 months later, the reminders for prescriptions started. I called the store and asked that they stop the phone calls. They said the calls would stop. A few minutes later, more calls came through. I called back and they said I had to call the corporate number to get them to stop.

When I made a complaint about their rude people, the service in Asheboro, NC just got worse. And now, it appears you are not allowed to leave either. It is the worse pharmacy I have ever seen. They treat you bad as a customer and harass you if you leave. Don't get started with them. They want to fill prescriptions real fast and don't care if you have any special requirements. I asked again and again for easy open lids. I was told it was up to me or my husband to check the bottles to see if I could open them. These people are pushing drugs and care not at all about you as a person.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

CVS Specialty Pharmacy, Redlands - I am a new customer to this pharmacy because of my new insurance. On the 25th of January My RX for ** is faxed to them by my previous pharmacy Accredo. Nobody called me to tell me anything. On February 5th I called them after knowing from my previous pharmacy about that, they told me they have no information about me and no Rx. I had to call again next day, to give my information. On the following day Wednesday 6th still unable to get a Rx for my medication, although when I first called I said, "Do it ASAP because I am running out." When I called again by the end of the day, to talk to the supervisor, I was put on hold for 15 min. All this and they should have received my whole profile on the 25th of January. I felt they have no care at all and very unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went and picked up my medicine that I always get at the CVS on Berryville Ave. When I picked up and paid for it I did not look to see if it was the same as the last time I picked up my medicine and the person that gave this to me did not tell me they changed generic brands of this medicine. Store gave me another generic brand for **. I went back in to ask the pharmacist and they had closed but I could see someone there behind the screen. I asked and the pharmacist told me they were closed and come back tomorrow. All I wanted was to ask a question and he did not have the courtesy or the respect to answer my question I needed to ask. Not happy with this location at all.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I went to pick up some medicines using CVS Oxford drive thru and was in line since another customer was already there. I have waited and waited just to find out that this customer had some issues with her insurance. Normally, CVS personnel ask them to park and come back if there is an issue but not with this customer. I was so furious since when I had to pick up medicines before and there was an issue they told me to park so the next customer would not wait too long but not in this case. I have missed an important meeting because of the kind of service you get from CVS Pharmacy. They are not consistent with their policy and does not acknowledge that another customer is waiting for so long for the drive thru pick up.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

On Jan 19th I called CVS Customer service to complain about a product I've been using for the past 3 years. The product is a lotion and the last 3 times I used it the pump stopped working. I e-mailed them in the morning and received a call back that afternoon. I was pleased that they got back to me so quickly. The agent said they would send me a coupon for 13.00 in the mail within 48 hours. I never received it. I called Customer service again on the 26th of Jan. The agent told me it would be automatically sent to my CVS card right away. Which brings us to today. Before I bought the items I asked the clerk is the 13.00 on my card. She said no.

I called today to find out what is going on here? The last person told me that I would have to go into a CVS kiosk and print and hand my card to the clerk to get credit. I don't like it when the customer service people are not in sync with each other. First a coupon, then on my card, then nothing. I have dealt with other companies who send you a coupon just like that. Companies nowadays are so big they don't care about the Consumer. I get my Rx from CVS, well I used to. When I do set foot in CVS again it will be to move them somewhere else. The customer is always right doesn't apply here.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Out of the blue I get a letter from my family doctor that I was dismissed from her practice for bad behavior. For what... I called her office and didn’t get a call back till the following Tuesday. I was told that CVS called them and said someone seen me in the parking lot counting my pills ok. Now when I called CVS... They did not take a name phone number what kind of car I was in or nothing or even looked or security cameras they have all around the buildings. I live every day with fibromyalgia. I have never been treated so bad and without remorse as I have been thru this ordeal.

I went to even talk to my doctor and got hauled off to a psych ward like I was some kind of a druggie. I lost my son 14 years ago... Drug overdose. I would never put a parent nor a family what I have been thru... So I can get no pain meds. I can’t take NSAIDs. I just go to bed and sleep... It’s just how they didn’t care. That got to me no remorse. No sorry. I filed a complaint two months before on a employee there and I really doubt anyone called cause they never had no proof. No name. No phone number. No camera of me in lot... I own a very dark tinted window car and still can’t figure out how they even looked in.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

For the last 6 months I have noticed when a certain 2 pharmacists fill my script THEY are short!!! It’s between 2 different pharmacists. One is a woman named Amy and the other is a male that I cannot recall his name. This is absolute **. Next time I get my scripts filled I refuse to leave without them counted!!! This is absolutely unacceptable!!! I will catch them and file charges!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

On 1-10 I called CVS about my extra care bucks they had refused to give me from my emails on 12-11 & 12-18. They stated I had already redeemed the 2 emails offers even though I could not download them or print them out in the pharmacy and I had filled some Rx between 12-18 & 12-27 and had not gotten any printed out until I filled Rx on 12-27. Then it printed one out but they stated my emails were reminders of points yet I have ALWAYS before been able to download or print them at pharmacy.

I also had called them on 12-22 talked to Myra who stated the emails they send out are expired before they send them out and all the representatives I had spoken to had LIED to me because all the emails are expired before they send them out yet CVS tells me I used all my ExtraCare bucks on 12-11 and the one I received on 12-18 was used on 12-27 yet I couldn't download any and none were printed out at pharmacy until 12-27 even with the RX I filled between 12-18 & 12-27. I am due $10.00 in ExtraCare bucks from last year according to the emails I received! I am tired of all the runaround they are giving me on this because each time I call in I get a different story and yet Myra told me she is telling the truth! I do have the emails still if needed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I could write a book of complaints for CVS Tunkhannock PA. so here's a run down. Constantly lie about scripts being ready. Text/call my phone up to 6 times a day (3 people's scripts). CVS bought out our local pharmacy and transferred our entire family's scripts to themselves w/o notice or choice from either pharmacy (part of their purchasing agreement). One employee will look at the computer and tell when the script is available for pickup then when you go to pick up script another person looking at the same computer says it isn't available for pickup or wasn't filled then tell you you'll have to wait an hour for it to be filled. Horribly Rude/unknowledgeable/lie lie lie constantly which is so unnecessary. Dropped off a script last night for pick up today, specifically asked if they had the drug and amount available which was.

They open at 9am but I just now at 11am received a call that the drug was not available so now have to drive 30 minutes to pick script back up then drive back past my house to drive 45 minutes to another pharmacy which is impossible to drive so far due to snow and ice today. These are scheduled meds I'll be doing without for a couple days until the snow clears for the longer trip. Brief lapse in insurance for my mom. One of her meds had a markup of $200 more than other pharmacies. Worst thing that happened... My son passed away a few months back and as I was in shock, grieving and trying to plan a funeral I had a script I had to pick up, called CVS and they guaranteed they would fill it and to come get it.

Got there and told it was a day early to fill, called the next day and they assured me they were filling it as we were speaking, again drove 30 minutes up and back to get it but was told upon arrival they didn't have the medicine in stock and to come back the next day, called the next day and assured it was ready, drive there again and was told they hadn't filled it yet and it would take 20 minutes. I pulled over and waited and waited, even gave them 40 minutes to fill, still no call so called them to be told it was ready 30 minutes ago. They could see my car from the drive up window, they never bothered to pick up the phone and call me knowing what a State I was in from my son's death and just left me there.

I completely broke down at the pickup window at that point. Called home office and they were very sympathetic to my multiple complaints and said they would call that store because these things should never happen. Said that CVS's pharmacist would call me...guess what? No call and absolutely NOTHING has changed. Small town, no other choices when you have to have a drive up window or you'd have to drive a distance for another option. I have never written a review in my 52 years but in writing this I hope and pray it will sway someone to reconsider using this CVS or prompt some kind of change if anyone in their home office cares to read their reviews to see what the public thinks of their service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

First I need to say that last 2 year I'm pick up medications from this CVS pharmacy why is located at 7 St. and Union Hills 24 hr open. Two days later I get message that medications is ready for pick up so tonight When I coming I think new worker who don't know how need to work say that my medications Is not ready and my insurance is not correct... I have last two year same and newer have problem. He start told me how 4 people with so he doesn't want to help me. I asking to pay cash because my husband need blood pressure medications and he's truck drivers why left tonight at work.

He is told me I need to wait next 2 hr again for something that is already have message 2 days ago. So I just say after 2 years am never ever going at CVS pharmacy. That have people who don't know how need to work with customers. This is never happens to me. When I'm trying to call same guy is am never at phone so I'm asking different person to speak. He doesn't want to give me. So I don't know his name but this is not correct how he is working. I give 0 stars to our CVS at 7 St. and Union Hills locations at Phoenix.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am on several different medications. ** and birth control. I try to get my medications to where I only have to actually pick up once or twice per month. This last month I had all of them filled at once, but could only afford one of them, so I had to go back the next week to get the other two. When I went in, the pharmacist said they had charged me for the wrong one the last time and so I owed them $8 on one and $2.18 on the other. So, I paid it, picked up my meds and thought nothing else of it. When I went in today to get my meds, they told me that the ** still had 7 days until I could pick it up. What?! No! This isn't right. I have been on this medication for 7 years through this same pharmacy and never ever tried to abuse or pick up early.

I told them about the mix up last month and the pharmacist was in the background saying "too bad." The guy helping me looked on another screen and it showed that in fact I did not pick it up on the date the other screen was showing, but that I picked up the **. The receipt I am providing has ** filled on the 8th, and it has a note to ask the different pharmacists. This is the one that I actually picked up on the 20th. I have Severe anxiety, and cannot go without this medication. I have also been told to NEVER abruptly stop this medication because it can be lethal.

I pulled my bottle of empty ** out, and it said the drop off date was 11-28 and the pick up date was 12-8. The pharmacist said "sorry, you must have taken them or dropped them in your purse, maybe you should go file a police report." I asked if they could pull up the refund receipt from the month before and they said no. By now I'm panicking because I naturally am a totally stressed out person. I asked if I could call my doctor and the pharmacist told me no that CVS policy is that I have to wait until the 17th because her screen shows I picked it up on the 20th the month prior.

She finally said "well I will just have to pull the security videos" loudly and pissed. There were customers everywhere. I have never been so embarrassed and humiliated in my life. I said I'm sorry, but not everyone is a ** drug addict!!! She just kept on working. Didn't pull any videos. So I left. The pharmacist that was working that day was not there, but he will be there tomorrow, so I will go back and talk to him. Regardless, they have just lost a 7 year customer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My Dr sends over electronic refills, but when I try to refill computer shows no refills available, leaving me no other choice, but to call to speak to pharmacy. They check and find the new Rx and all is well. This last time they found new Rx, but they did not have the amount of meds to fill Rx. Pharmacist gave me 3 day supply so I could wait till Meds came in. I waited 4-5 and Rx still on hold. I try calling a few times holding 20-30 min. thinking maybe they are very busy so I tried few more times. All > 35 min. hold, I have tried calling manager of store. No help. Put on eternal Hold. Well it's passed 11pm. If I was not handicapped and tired I would go in person. I will try again on Saturday very unprofessional!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I just realized on Thurs. that I would run out of my thyroid meds by today (Tues.). When I went online to my CVS Rx account, it said my Rx was expired and so needed a new script. I wrote my new endocrinologist who sent a new one in Fri. I received no contact from CVS, but because of the New Year holiday, I figured I would wait and contact them this morning.

The tech informed me they were out of my meds and would have to order! When I asked why this was not done Fri., she informed me insurance wouldn’t pay because it was too soon??? My Dr. had sent in a new script in Oct. and it was never recorded online...just rejected as “too soon.” So there was a hold on it. At what point does that get lifted? Now she only can give me 3 pills which forces me to come back. This is an old CVS with no drive through and very inconvenient. Their lame system is dark ages...but forced to use because of insurance. Walgreens is so much better... Wish so could go back to them!

CVS Pharmacy Company Information