3.64/5
Based on 3,814 ratings submitted in the last year

2046 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I went to the CVS Pharmacy at 16 Boston Road in Chelmsford MA tonight. I was picking up a new dosage for one of my prescriptions. I went to the pharmacy counter and got the prescription. The cashier asked me if I need to speak to a pharmacist. I said, "No, I have been taking this prescription for years so it was not necessary." She says, "Ok," but then says, "Oh no the pharmacist needs to speak to you." I said, "Could you tell me why this is a medication I have taken that my doctor changed the dosage. There is no need to do that with me." She said she cannot check me out until a pharmacist comes to talk to me. Then she says the pharmacist is giving someone a flu shot so it will be about 5 minutes. I said, "This seems to be a tremendous waste of my time."

The five minutes passed and the pharmacist comes to the counter and says, "I wanted to talk to you about this prescription." I said, "It was not necessary since I have taken this for years so it really is a waste of my and your time." She then tells me but the doctor changed my dosage, I said, "Yes and the doctor spoke to me about this face to face and I have taken this for years."

She became very rude and said, "Well I need to talk to you about this so you do not return it." I said, "Why would I return it, it was prescribed by my doctor." She answered, "Just in case it's the wrong dose and you cannot return it." I said, "That does not make much sense to me." She then rudely says, "Well your dosage has changed," and walked away muttering out loud, "You cannot return it." I said, "You can say that all you want but to me it makes no sense." The whole matter was a waste of time and energy for both of us. However, I should tell you this pharmacy in particular causes a lot of problems for me over their lack of knowledge and professionalism over the years but it is part of the Caremark group who is my pharmacy benefit so I am a captive audience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

It is obvious that prior to September 2017 (before CVS and Aetna merger was made public), the reviews were accurate. However, day after day in September 2017 there was an overwhelming positive uptick in CVS reviews... Did they make an incredible change? The unprecedented glowing reviews in September 2017 seem too good to be true, and they are. CVS does not care about human life, they have set obstacle after obstacle for my child to get his life saving medication and they continue to withhold it. Hours on the phone with customer “care” representatives who, for lack of a better word, appear to enjoy stringing people along. They needlessly skirt the truth when in reality they know what you are asking.

It is rare that a phone call that leads to the denial of filling a prescription is based on down right ineptness, but it is overwhelming based on CVS Specialty Pharmacy deciding whether or not to allow the medication that your US accredited physician has prescribed (for medication that is approved in the US for the treatment of the diagnosis). It is solely based on the cost of the medication and CVS gets to decide. CVS in all their wisdom (with the help of “for hire docs” whose only purpose is to intimidate your doctor), get to tell you NO we don’t agree that you or your child need that medically proven and approved medication. Corruption starts at the top and trickles its way down to the people who work here. But in the meantime, my kid is collateral damage.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

MY elderly sister is disabled and no longer able to shop independently. She called her local CVS to try to set up home delivery of her medications. She was told it MUST be done on a computer. My sister does not have a computer. (per PEW research 2018, 30% of seniors over age 65 don't use computers). I called Pharmacy Customer Relations at 800-746-7287, spoke to Lushane who said my sister could call in and her department would do a 3 way conversation between my sis, the CVS store and the dept and get things set up. My sister called and was told they didn't do that and she would have to call her CVS. She called and spoke to Mirna who made many excuses - it was an IT problem, the store wasn't set up to do it, there was a glitch.

I sent and email to Kevin Hourican, VP at corporate CVS for Pharmacy - no response. kevin.houican@cvshealth.com. Today I called Pharmacy Customer Service again. I spoke to Jocelyn and explained everything. She is to call my sister and straighten everything out. I again wrote to Mr. Hourican and brought him up to date. As a nurse with many years of experience, my questions are - why is this so hard? Home delivery is standard in the industry. Leslie **, RN

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

2 ladies staff pharmacy techs I've experienced had no customer care manners and impolite. 1st experience, when she can't find my name she asked to spell my name again. Then gave me a look and told me "Oh, because you said k not c!" I was shocked. How will I misspell my name? Her ears need to be cleaned! 2nd experience, I was approaching the pick-up prescription and this tech: has her one hand on her waist, one eyebrow raised while talking to another customer, and when they're done, she just looked at me and the look she gave me was "You're next, what do you want?" instead of saying, "Can I help, who's next?" After these experience I have read under Google a lot of bad reviews about them and some of them were recent. I'm wondering if management was doing something about this and gave them a little lecture about "customer service".

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Very recently I had a person working in the pharmacy call my home and reveal my prescription to someone who was unauthorized. The information was private and based on the prescription my medical condition was revealed. I was horrified that this would happen. I immediately went to the pharmacy and asked why? Lady stated that she was aware that it was a HIPAA violation however CVS policy did not restrict her from disclosing my private prescription information. Furthermore she stated that the only way she wouldn't reveal my private info is if I asked to make a note in CVS's database. She then presented me with the manager's business card to call him to confirm that it is CVS policy to reveal private information if it's not requested by the patient and then entered into their System. WOW. Can you believe this....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

CVS at 5510 WEST OREM, HOUSTON, TX 77045. My parents stopped going thru this pharmacy because of the incompetence. Once you're up in age you cannot rely on incompetent pharmacists because it becomes a life or death situation. Now, my daughter comes to me sick and throwing up because she was expecting her medicines to be filled and ready at the pharmacy and they kept stringing her along. They made her go up there twice saying it was ready...and this is the manager telling her to go up there.

The first time they said it was all ready, it was not ready anymore once she made it up there. Then on the phone an hour later the excuses turned into - they never receiving the prescription thru the doctor. Then they changed it to receiving one out of three prescriptions from the Dr. Then she speaks to a manager and the manager finally says they received the prescription requests from the Dr. and to go up there again to pick them up. My sick daughter arrives up there just to be told that they were unable to call and verify her insurance because they waited too long and the insurance place was closed.

One of the side effects of missing her medication is convulsions among other life-threatening symptoms. She was already puking, yet these soulless people kept making her go up there as if they were torturing her on purpose. I've spent all night and all morning checking on my daughter because I might have to rush her to the hospital. We had to switch her prescription to Walgreens. So please protect your loved ones and the people most precious to you and do not go through THIS CVS pharmacy. It's run by a bunch of sociopaths.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have been filling my prescriptions at the 6800 Johnson St. location in Lafayette, La. for about 4 months. I had a prescription for my blood pressure medicine that somehow got lost this morning and I had my doctor call me in another prescription this morning. I was told at 10:00 this morning that it would be ready in an hour. As of 4:00 this afternoon I called and asked about this prescription. She said (same ** lady from this morning) that they were still waiting on the doctor to approve this.

I was told earlier that this would be ready by noon and everything was taken care of. I got mad at this point and all of a sudden the prescription is ready!!! All of a sudden!!! And she asked me if I was coming right now to get it. I said "Yes! I am!!" I drive over there and there is a cop sitting across the street waiting. I don't know if she called the cops because of an 'irate customer or not' but I didn't stop. I just want my blood pressure meds so my heart doesn't explode. What a terrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

This company has serious issues fulfilling approved prescriptions. I have been waiting almost two months to get a prescription filled for injections. Every time I call I get some excuse why it's not ready. They blame the doctor's office, not true. They blame my insurance company, not true. They say they will put a rush on it and that it will be shipped that week, not true. The latest excuse, once again they need verification from the insurance company and said someone would call me that same day! Never happened, 2 days no callback. I'm reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. Their service and ability to fulfill prescriptions is unacceptable. I've asked my insurance company to find another provider.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Both my husband and I have the CVS prescription plan. We use the mail order as much as we can and they are excellent. We also use the pharmacy in Englewood Florida which we try to avoid as much as possible. Whenever we have a prescription to fill they give us a time it will be ready which can be anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days later than what we are told. Also if God forbid you have to call them you will be on hold for at least 30 mins if you are lucky, but it can be up to 1 hour to actually speak to someone in the pharmacy. In October when we change our prescription plan I will be choosing any plan that does not use CVS prescription plan.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Orlando, Florida, Store #5218, Colonial Drive and Apopka-Vineland. Avoid this store if you can. Although they are friendlier than some other locations I have visited, they really need to get their act together. MY insurance company tells me I need to go to CVS for my meds, if I could go somewhere else I would. The instance in mind is this: wanted a refill of one of my meds. They filled only one month's worth, when it has ALWAYS been required by the insurance that I get Three months at a time. ALWAYS. They gave me one, I took it home, I didn't realize I was short two helpings until then, I figured I would get it sorted out when I went back in a few days for a different refill. They admitted that it should have been three months, but they didn't have any of this kind in stock and offered me the generic. The generic makes me sick, which I have explained countless times.

They then charged me out of pocket for the next two months, spaced a month apart, until the insurance would pick it back up again. They then twice offered me the generic I told them I cannot and will not take. I just ordered my next round (through the app, because they NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE, and when they do, two out of the three people have such thick accents I cannot understand them over the phone. I think one of them is partially deaf, he yells and asks everyone to repeat themselves), and the app confirms that the order for the generic is 'in process'. I do not know what needs to be done to get them to remember/notate that I cannot take the generic, and I need three months worth. They manage to get it wrong every blasted time.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information