Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5
Based on 4,918 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My physician sent a prescription to my local CVS for a medication I’ve been on for years. She shopped around to find the best price for my prescription. Each time I went to get the prescription filled, it wasn’t the whole amount she wrote it for and the last prescription I only got half and still had to pay for the whole amount. Will never use CVS again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I have to laugh since I read that CVS has free to low cost flu shots. Also read for unemployed. Bug sign up that states free flu shots in the window. False advertising. I wasted my time. The cost was $75.00. Liars.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I used CVS pharmacy to fill a prescription on time 2 years ago and have received phone calls and spam ever since. I've contacted the pharmacy and headquarters asking them to delete my name and address from their system. They also disguise their spam mail as "important" information only to be opened by the person addressed. There is no logo or indication that it's just more CVS spam mail. They know you don't want it and don't want to open it yet still keep sending it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I would fill all my prescriptions at CVS if the pricing was reasonable. It is outrageous that CVS can't keep costs at comparable prices. Is this CVS policy or is it the pharmacy industry in general? It is so difficult to find comparative pricing, but CVS is almost always way out of sight. Please respond.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Today the pharmacist refused to fill my medication and not only wouldn't fill them but was extremely rude to me. I had to contact my doctor and switch pharmacies for medications I've been on for over a decade. I will NEVER use this CVS again. You really need to retrain your pharmacy staff and maybe hire some people who are actually kind. Your pharmacist also needs to learn to actually read records. When I called corporate I was told they'd contact the district manager and give him a report but can't do anything to override their pharmacists decision. In other words they don't actually care and won't do a thing. FYI this is the south Campbell location in Springfield, Missouri. It’s been 5 days since I filed a complaint supposedly sent to the district manager and I’ve not heard one word back. I’ll be switching all my meds to a different company at a higher cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I'm to the point of not shopping at CVS anymore in their Big Pine Key store. This pharmacy is 80% of the time backed up due to lack of employees. I went twice in the past 2 days and left due to the wait time. It's not the pharmacist fault who is very efficient (William) but that he has no help. A line is waiting and they asked the one woman helping him to leave because she was on overtime. Usually one or two people working in the rest of the store. Everyone goes next door to Walgreens and it's no wonder! Really dissatisfied, Mrs. K. **.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This evening I went into my local CVS in West Los Angeles California the one on Sepulveda Boulevard and National. I was doing the return or trying to do a return. I have my receipt. It only been a week I had the item. It was unopened, unused. The packaging was in pristine condition. The receipt they gave me though I had a little bit of the printer ink faded to no fault of my own mind you... but regardless the one number that I could tell was a 3 on the receipt that happen to be faded. The cashier acted like he didn't hear me, totally ignored me and I asked for a manager so they call the manager up, explained my situation to her. Rosa that was her names of the cashier's name was Fabian... She typed in a couple of numbers and said that the receipt was not coming up and she was not going to do this for me.

She slammed it on the counter and push the product and receipt away from me and I explained why what is the problem. Mind you this is not the first issue I've had with this manager. It's about the 10th since Christmas. Every time you ask her a question about anything it could be where were diapers, what day do you get into stop and ** for kids, anything it doesn't matter she throws the nastiest ghettoest attitude at me maybe 'cause I'm a middle-aged ** lady with kids. I don't know. I hate to bring race into it but everybody else works there is Hispanic and she's fine with them. I've never given her any kind of attitude. I'm not liking a very perky happy person and I'm very polite. I show respect so I don't know why she feels the need to verbally abused me every time I come in there.

I hate to think about it but I'm not going to stop going in there to give them the satisfaction. I'm going to continue to go in there and every time I have mistreated I'm going to issue a complaint so that they know what's going on. Now read well while my return was being refused the cashier Fabian dead did a return for another lady next to me another white lady middle-aged and he took the original receipt away from her and said she wasn't getting it back now. He was extremely accusatory with her. She was returning a $3 item. Is a $3 thing of Chapstick. She had her receipt. He asked for her ID.

I'm watching all this because I'm waiting for Rosa to do whatever she was pretending to do and he then takes her seat and tries to shove it in the drawer and she said, "Excuse me could I have the original receipt back? I still have several items on there," and I saw the receipt is pretty long and he smiles and he goes, "You're not getting it back," and she was like, "Excuse me. What if I want to return something else?" And he laughed at her and said, "You can go ahead and do store credit. Why would you want to return anybody or anything else?" I was blown away. Rosa's sitting there with a smile on her face listening to it.

She's supposed to be the supervisor of the manager like what is going on at CVS!??? When did they stop caring about customer service? When do they stop caring how their employees behaved? When do they stop caring about upholding customer satisfaction and not allowing people to be abused by the people that they give paychecks to??? Is one of the requirements for working at CVS being rude and abusing customers and being a racist and make it up policies just to suit your needs so you don't look stupid when you're called out on changing the rules because clearly it's stated on the register in front of you for customers and yourself to reference if you need to???

Why is Rosa allowed to treat me the way she's treated me repeatedly? Why is Fabian allowed to laugh at and tease the other lady? Why don't they care about upsetting us and hurting our feelings and making me cry in my car after I leave there 'cause I'm so frustrated and so fed up with being treated like total crap when I'm paying my hard-earned money for my family of 6 for medications or quick items that we need – diapers, wipes, formula, medications for over-the-counter, cereals, milks when the grocery store close in this is a 24 hour and I need to grab it really quick for the morning for the kids or breakfast.

What is going on in the corporate offices that they overlooked all of these complaints 'cause I've gone through online several times. Every time this happens I go to online. I read the complaint. Same thing as what happened the other one after the other maltreatment, discrimination, berated by Apple employees, being accused of things that they didn't do, being banned from stores unethically! Supposedly they have the word care in there name. Write the care store they don't care about anything but making money. I really wish my complaint would do something. I don't want to walk into CVS again and see Rosa or Fabian again. They don't deserve their jobs.

I'll tell you what though. Like I said I'm going to continue to shop there because I'm not going to give him the satisfaction but I will only ever go there when I have my extra bucks and a bunch of manufacturer's coupons to use then is the only time I'm going to go there because I'm not going to be putting money in people's pockets who don't care about how we are treated as customers. The only money they're getting from me is maybe $0.50 and the rest can come from General Mills when I get my $2 coupons in the Sunday paper. That's it. Resume the money I'm going to be spending at Rite Aid because Rite Aid doesn't treat me like crap.

They smile when they see me 'cause I know I'm a good customer. I give them money and they don't abuses me and if I ask you a question about where a toiletry is they don't act like I'm bothering them like I just woke them out of a dead sleep on a Sunday morning at 5 a.m. for no reason. They treat me with integrity and respect something CVS employees don't care about it all and CVS CEO doesn't care about it all either apparently or else he would not let this go on.

The money-making happens in the field in the stores. Down in the corporate offices with the accountants in the people work in an atom latex or finances or HR. It works with the people that are opening the store. Bring it up the customers answering their questions. They're driving customers away and we're running away in tears. Do something about it CVS or just close your door. You seem a bad example to our youth who thinks that this is how you act when you go to work when you grow up.!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

CVS really needs to do something about their carbon footprint. Why on earth do they give a receipt over 50" long for a single purchase? If they want to offer all these promotions and deals, just direct me to the website or tack the "deals" onto my internet account. I really don't need all that paper... neither does our precious environment. Please stop!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have been taking the same meds under 2 Drs for over 5 yrs. Never had an issue. My husband of 45 yrs recently passed away leaving me devasted and an emotional wreck. I went to my dr as I had at least 2 days where I got ZERO sleep. Not even a nap. And he upped the dosage of one MEDS so that I could get some rest. Actually it was only about 10% higher, but was an extended release to ensure at least 4 or 5 hrs sleep. My Dr. knew insurance would not cover it, so he pulled up prices at pharmacies in the area in order to get the lowest price for me and sent it there.

Few days later I was back at my regular pain specialist that I have been going to for over 5 years to renew my meds as I also hurt my back carrying over 25 lbs thru airport to other terminal. Even the moving walkways were broken, so I had to stop 4 times to rest due to back spasms. Bottom line, CVS Pharmacist in League City, TX not only refused to fill it, but totally embarrassed me in public accusing me of pharmacy shopping and that they could see everything I was trying to hide, and that I have tried this before and then shut my account down. I was standing there with tears running down my face and offered to have them call the other pharmacy and my Dr. They refused and refused me in the future.

What the heck. All I am trying to do is function with failed back surgery, stenosis, severe arthritis in back and pinched nerves in neck so bad am losing control of my right hand and is on fire 24/7. So basically according to this CVS pharmacist it is much better that I possibly fall asleep at the wheel and kill someone, rather than take the medication that I know will allow me some rest and interruption of the pain I live with every day. I have zero history of abuse or early fills all these years. Zero. I am not done filing formal complaint against this pharmacist. Rude, crude and indifferent.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Stay away from this CVS. Nothing but criminals running it! We had to make several complaints to the company CVS and the board of pharmacy! But each time we went to pick up our medicine they would give us a hard time. And this was several visits even before we filed our 1st complaint. But our visit today on 01/10/2020. Every time there is a new pharmacist the other pharmacy techs bad mouth us but this new pharmacist, took things to a new level! They weren't filling our medications like they should which is why we had to complain in the first place! It got bad and we sent a complaint to the board of pharmacy. But this new pharmacist is low life trash yelling at me and refusing to me my medicine! And telling me not to come back! I recorded the incident on my cell phone. I did call the police but they lied to them falsely accusing me I was being unruly.

But I have it recorded that the pharmacist started it. I was leaving the store then Christina told me to leave I was leaving! But she could never give me a reason! But the cops said was due me being unruly! Then police told me that they banned me and I would be arrested if I came back! They had to lie to get me banned! Nothing but trailer trash pharmacist and techs. It don't matter how much education you have. When you lie about someone like this you are trailer trash! And who was he to judge me and he didn't even know me.

This proves the other pharmacist and techs were bad mouthing me! To him. Well I have it on video that the pharmacist started it first! He was being the unruly one! Then they lied again saying that I called her the B word! Christina and this pharmacist were the unruly ones! But the customer don't have any rights at all when being abused by employees like this. And the police always sides with this business! Stay away from this evil pharmacy!

Why does CVS along with the board of pharmacy allows pharmacist get away with abusing customers and then lying about them falsely accusing them of being unruly. And telling the police to be on the ban lists! Why why why why why! They didn't do nothing to them and now I'm banned from the store! For nothing! They don't treat all customers the same! Why do they allow bad employees to stay employed at this store. And let them think they can do what ever they want! The police are full of it too! Yes I am angry which I have a right to be! All because they don't want to be held accountable for their actions! Just please stay away from this pharmacy. Bad apples! I'm angry and hostile too for how they lied! And the cops took their side. I have a right to be angry and hate the cops too! This is why people don't trust police anymore! Oh it's not over yet. Not by a long shot. They have done opened a can of worms!

Please stay away from this pharmacy! If they will go to these great links to get back at a customer who has been with them for over 10 years! Just for you complaining. These employees in the pharmacy are trailer trash scum who have turned into criminals! Because the board of pharmacy ruled in their favor! This CVS hires horrible employees then once they rule in their favor. And they keep them employed! They unleash them back on the customer to retaliate! This Phenix city CVS is the worst! but to ban me after the pharmacist caused the confrontation! I need my medication!

But to banned me was completely harsh with the acting manager Christina came charging at the store telling me to leave while I was already leaving! People say don't unload on the employee! But this pharmacist and Christina are allowed to unload their anger on me! Then lie to the cops about I can't come back to the store!

CVS Pharmacy Company Information