CVS Pharmacy
1.55/5
Based on 263 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

CVS Pharmacy

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

1679 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Over the past 25 years I have had trouble where there should be no trouble - at the pharmacy section of CVS. Trouble began with what seemed to be mistakes in pricing. I would return the medications and sure enough they had doubled or tripled the cost. This happened for years and still does with the same pharmacist - who happens to be a rabid policeman's wife. My prescriptions were for cerebral palsy, pain and spasticity. She would respond rudely but powerlessly because overcharging can be a crime.

I was being targeted. My meds are controlled. Every week a different problem came about. Sometimes they ran out of the meds. Other times I would be short on the count. That is extremely serious as I have been taught to count all controlled meds. They denied any wrongdoing. But by far the worst is the abuse many of the pharmacists handed out at CVS. Real school bullying. Screaming about death by my prescribed meds which since 1971 - had caused me great benefit not any harm and certainly not death. Because of the meds I can work, walk, even run. However, CVS does not agree. I have found out by talking to my insurance company that unilaterally they were changing my prescriptions. They are practicing medicine which is illegal. And I suspected it for years.

Well, one pharmacist told me what was going on and that she had protested on my behalf. She knows what is going on but is outnumbered. I am now on a police/pharmacy watch list. Most of this is FDA, DEA, and CDC. That does not excuse the over the top aggression, verbal abuse, written abuse, miscounted controlled substances and a personal hatred towards me by CVS and some pharmacists. You have to be educated and learn about the lies being told about ** and chronic pain. My case is since March of 2016, normal though inexcusable on the part of some employees at CVS. Moral, decent people don't abuse others. Shame be upon CVS/Caremark, Aetna.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Very very upset with CVS Pharmacy on 118-10 Queens Blvd on Forest Hills, not the first time giving wrong medication or forgetting. I was there to pick my medicine for my daughter ** and ** so I picked it up and when I come home to give it to my daughter I see a paper that says don’t give it to the customer before reconstitute the order. So I called the pharmacy and after being on hold for like 30 minutes I tell the girl, “Am I supposed to mix this medication myself?” She said, “No just give the liquid,” and without asking for the name who the medication was for. I told her, “Can you please check,” so I have to give her my daughter’s name and she said that medication was given to me without getting prepared and I was like, “Why,” her answer was, “Oh well the girl on the counter for the pharmacy usually works on the front for the CVS but today she’s here to help us today.”

I got really mad and I told her, “How can you have someone that doesn’t know giving out the medicine!!!” Her answer was hanging up the phone at me. I try calling back at the pharmacy and no one would picked up the phone. So I had to call the manager of the store and explain what happened. He apologized and I went there again.

So the pharmacist, the one that actually prepares the prescriptions not the one answered the phone, came to me and apologized so I told her, “How come you have someone in the counter giving out medicine when she has a paper on it to not give it to me and still giving it to me and doesn’t know anything about it. How can you allow that person working there?” First her answer was “I’m sorry. She’s just ringing and helping” and I told her, “How dare you hang up the phone on customers,” and the girl that actually was rude and hang up on me first said “Jesus such a big deal.” I asked for her name but the pharmacist said, “Doesn’t matter. I’m giving you my name,” I mean I don’t get it. The pharmacist name was **. She wouldn’t give me any last name or other person.

I’m sorry but how could these people work in these places. What if I had giving the wrong medication to my 4 year old daughter, how can you be so unresponsible and rude!!! I will definitely not go there again, I’m 8 and a half months pregnant with gestational diabetes and they also messed up my prescription couple of times. I’m very very upset how this pharmacy works...

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Nurse called to place order. I followed up with CVS Specialty that same day and provided payment information. I was told the medicine would be delivered the next day (when I was suppose to take it). I received part of the order but not the medicine that I needed to take that day. I called to find out why, was put on hold for over 20 minutes, then was told they would call me back when they figured out where the medicine was. I asked that the team leader call me back every half hour with updates as she agreed, since I needed to determine if I needed to go to the emergency room to get the medicine. 40 minutes later no call.

I called in attempt to track the medicine and was told R.R.Donnelley (splg?) would deliver the medicine no later than 7:30 pm. 7:30 came and went. I called CVS Specialty at 8:10 pm, the supervisor eventually told me they didn't know where the medicine was, that the contact person had gone home for the day. While I was still on the phone with the supervisor the medicine was delivered at 8:30 pm. When I complained that CVS didn’t know where the medicine was the delivery person said she just drove 4 hrs and she didn’t know why they didn’t know, all they had to do was call CourierNet (splg?). After much stress and wasted time on many people's part, I got my medicine (late).

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So we dropped off the list of prescriptions that was given to my mother from the hospital. The pharmacy Gave us the insulin but did not inform us that the sticks were not included to give my mom the shot when her sugar is high and we called the CVS on university and the pharmacist Tony ** was not helpful at all and was not willing to call the hospital for them to give the ok over the phone for it. And we told him her sugar was high and the pharmacist said well to take her back to the hospital. That pharmacist Tony ** was a jerk and not helpful at all! That’s why I think Walgreens has better customer service than CVS.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have to use CVS Specialty mail order. My prescriptions per month are very costly, so I use a co-pay assistance card. My out of pocket deductible is met by February so I only pay $55.00 for the rest of the year, CVS started billing for the full amount again in May and have since collected a total of $15,114.70 and have now maxed out my co-pay cards and require me to pay $1365.17 to refill. Their response is co-pay cards no longer apply to deductibles. How is this legal? That is the purpose of a co-pay card. Now I cannot afford to get a refill and stopping my medication can have life threating effects.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Just spoke with a CVS representative about my auto refill prescriptions never being ready when the pharmacy says it's ready to be picked up and the CVS rep on the toll free number said to go to another pharmacy like Walgreens or Rite Aid. Are you kidding me??

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We paid $163.99 for 60 tablets of ** 300mg. We found out a day later that Costco would have charged $27.51. CVS (the store) said it was normal for companies to have pricing differences, but 6x the price!!! We feel so badly ripped off.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

On the morning of 15 Dec 2017 at approximately 0900 I stopped by the CVS on North-South street in Nacogdoches Texas to purchase meds for the flu and syringes for my family's allergy shots. Just last month I did this exact same thing with no problems. However, on this morning something changed. I was told by the pharmacist that I could not purchase syringes unless I have a prescription for them. I thought this was quite odd because I had no problem purchasing them the month before. So, I asked the pharmacist if there was a policy change or what was going on? I admit that I was in sweat pants and shirt and looking like I had the flu which I did have but that was not reason to deny me services.

I asked her again was this store policy and she said "yes it is", so I asked to see the policy since these things are in writing and she fumbled with words for a second or two and said "you just can't buy them unless you have a prescription or something", OK, I said and told her that I would get a prescription from my doctor and I will be back. So, I stopped at the local Walmart store on my way to the doctor to see if they would ask for a prescription as well. I walked into the Walmart went to the pharmacy and asked for syringes for my family's allergy shots and was sold 80 syringes for $23.00 dollars. Now I got back to CVS on North-South street and spoke to the manager to clear things up but was met with resistance for the pharmacy manager.

I asked the question "was I being profiled because of the way I was dressed?" and they no that wasn't the case and that I should speak to the head pharmacist who was coming on at 3:00 pm that evening. At 3:00 that evening I called the pharmacy and spoke with Mr. ** about his policy. Instead of speaking with me about his policy he kept asking me for my information, to the effect of "what is your address, and what is your phone number. I thought that was a little invasive and asked "what does that have to do with it" and he said "I need this information so I can fix the problem" and I said you don't need that information now. He grew angry and told me "don't you ever call this number again". Needless to say I hang up the phone and will be filing charges against this pharmacy.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

CVS PHARMACY Hesperia Rd/Bear Valley Rd - I went and tried to drop off my son's prescription for a simple antihypertensive medication called **. First the lady that came to the counter told me that she had to ask the pharmacist if she could take the prescription. I waited about 5 more minutes for the pharmacist to tell me a lie. She told me that my insurance which is IEHP an Inland Empire Insurance had set up a new requirement starting December 1st where there would be a second verification needed in order for me to get my son's prescription. I called my son's old Pharmacy which is at Stater Brothers on 395 highway and Palmdale Road and ask them if that were true.

The lady who answered said it went through without this so-called verification that the pharmacist lied about at CVS. I'm upset that a pharmacist decided to lie to me and that she should have a higher professional standard than such. I'm embarrassed actually because I'm a former nurse and never expect someone in that line of work to violate the code of ethics. I am not only reporting this to this department but I'm going to be reporting it to a Better Business Bureau and whatever regulating agencies that regulate conduct for pharmacist.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

This message is to confirm the experience of Jack from Oklahoma, who has been kind enough to share his experience with price gouging at CVS. Well, that practice is happening here in Indiana, too! For most of the year, my copay for ** eye drops has been $30 for a monthly fill. But, CVS wanted to charge over $270 for the copay in November. I said to the pharmacist that it was outrageous, and how could the price jump so much and that I would be calling the pharmacy benefits management department (CVS Health) to find out if there was an error of some kind.

The lady I spoke with in benefits management said that there was no error, and that the co-pay price quoted was correct. When I asked why it went up so much (more than QUINTUPLED in price!). She said she wasn't sure but said that maybe a coupon of some kind had been applied to bring the price down. I said that I myself hadn't used any coupons. She said that maybe the pharmacist had applied one without reporting it. I asked whether there was any record of a coupon being used. After all, CVS is a HUGE corporation and if they can record coupons being used for general retail merchandise, they should have a way to record when a coupon has been used on a prescription. She said that they don't do that. Hmmm. Essentially, the price shot way up and no one seems to have a clue why!

But, perhaps I may have a little clue why. It's near the end of the year. It's the fourth quarter. I believe that they are trying to boost their earnings at the end of the year by gouging customers who are forced to use CVS by their insurance carriers! A member of my extended family shared with me that she, too, saw the price of her asthma medications go through the proverbial roof recently. There is definitely some pattern here.

For those of you who may be wondering... No, I'm still a few years away from being eligible for Medicare. So, no, the jacked up price is not because we're in a Medicare "donut hole." No. Not at all. There was a flat reasonably priced fee for our co-pay until November when it went way up. To make matters more annoying, they have called twice in one day to remind me about a prescription pick-up! Hello, CVS! Wake up! Maybe if you didn't price gouge, people wouldn't procrastinate in picking up prescriptions!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My husband recently bought a sock slider from CVS for me. I just went to CVS and returned it without the receipt, since my husband wasn't with me. Being a regular customer, I figured I'd just get a credit slip, and buy some medications with the credit slip while I was there. So, the kid (Ben) at the register says it's going to be $9.99. credit back to me. I told him my husband told me the sock slider was around $20. (We had bought a few different kinds since I have been having trouble putting on my compression stockings). Ben said, "No, it's $9.99". So I kind of shrugged, figure my husband was wrong and I got the gift receipt. Then I went and got some medications and shopped at for some Christmas items. Going down the aisles I saw the sock slider on the shelf for $19.99. I knew it!

I went up to the counter with the box and got Ben's attention, saying "I knew it was more than that, see? $20!" So I tell him I want the gift card adjusted, and he says he can't. He calls the manager, who is appears to be another person under 21, and then he came over and said they can't change it and that I only got $9.99 because the sock slider was on sale for $9.99 in the last 90 days. I said, well, Ben should have said something when I said it should be more than $10. So I said, "Well then, I want you to give me my item back so I can return it WITH the receipt.” Nope. Not allowed! What? He said he already did the return and now it's too late. I haven't even left the store, my God.

I couldn't believe it! So I ask for the manager. Matt, who looked about 20, never once made eye contact and mumbled that he could not give me back my item and couldn't change the store credit. I said that's wrong, so wrong!! What if I call my husband who had the receipt, showing we paid $20. Nope. Can't do it, he said, company policy.

I said this is unacceptable, and asked to speak to his manager. He said he was the manager. I said, “Well, surely there is someone who is YOUR boss, I'd like to speak to that person, because the store is ripping me off.” He said he would call his manager, Jessica, who was not at work. He came back and apologized and said it was store policy and they could not do anything at all for me, and that was the store policy over and over. I couldn't believe they were going to get away with this kind of dirty business practice and basically steal $10 from me just like that! It's the principle of the matter. I asked Matt for his manager Jessica's number so I could speak to her, but he said I'd have to call corporate.

So I asked for corporate's number, but he said he doesn’t have corporate's number! What? So I asked him to call Jessica then and get the number from her. Some management material this kid is, who can't even make eye contact and mumbles when he talks, and has zero people skills whatsoever. So, fuming mad, still at the counter, I called corporate. They're closed, wonderful. My box containing the sock slider, was visible, 5 feet away behind the counter, and a crummy 50% credit slip on a product that I bought fair and square for double that, and absolutely NO way to rescind the return, because of store policy. The store's employees and the store's Policy really need to be addressed.

The problems here are, #1 Ben should have told me when I said thought my husband paid a lot more than $10, that was only $10 because it was on sale for $10 in the last 90 days, whereupon, I would have retained the sock slider and not signed for the return. And Matt, the manager should have been more helpful, (or at least acted like he cared), but instead, his mumbling and lack of eye contact, his nonchalant attitude was infuriating to say the least. This was WRONG! They should have taken their credit slip back and given me back the sock slider. Or at LEAST let my husband come with the receipt. But according to Matt, if I'd had the receipt in my wallet and found it right then, it still would have not mattered. So CVS basically stole my money because of their "Store Policy" makes it legal. Not all that is legal is right, and this is plumb WRONG, bad business, bad customer service!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I know this opioid crisis is bad but I have rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus, and fibromyalgia. The pain I'm in is real. My doctors prescribed my medications. They have a computer that is linked to each other. The pharmacist at CVS has taken it upon herself to withhold my medications even after the doctor herself told her to give it to me. She has made me feel as though I am an addict and because of her I am embarrassed to go back to that CVS. I would also like to add that I do not smoke or drink. My own doctors have in my charts that I am at low risk for dependency.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

A recent experience with CVS was a disaster from the point I needed to talk to a store clerk. I do not have my prescriptions auto refilled by the computer system because the machine does not know if I happen to miss a day or 2 and starts blowing up my phone before I am ready for a refill. I use the website that CVS has set up where I tick the box on the prescriptions I want to refill and confirm. The website knows what location I pick up my prescriptions and allows me to print out the confirmation of where and when the prescriptions will be ready for pick up. I hand the printed confirmation letter to the store clerk at 12:05 on that date at that location. She looks at it and says, I quote: "What is this, I have never seen this before". All she has to do is read and she will know but apparently CVS store clerks cannot read, so I tell her that it is a confirmation to pick up my prescriptions, they are ready at this location.

She mumbles something and proceeds into the corner to do something on the computer, asking for my information, vis-a-vis, my name, date of birth and so on. Still in the corner mumbling I give a huff at the counter showing my mimic of her actions. She immediately comes at me with major attitude saying and I quote again: "Is there a problem because I am trying to help you and I have never seen this before". Wow, if she is frustrated at not knowing something about her job you cannot ever give that attitude and frustration to the customer ever, ever, ever. I tell her to just give me back the confirmation letter and I leave the store.

I proceed to my car and drive to my son's house 1 minute away to babysit my newborn granddaughter. I no sooner sit down with my son and I receive a text message on my phone from CVS. The text message states "Your prescriptions are ready to be picked up at your CVS location." It is quite fine because I am a disabled veteran and have nothing better to do than to drive back and forth to CVS because they are so messed up and incompetent. I make so much money living on disability that I can keep putting gas in my car just so I can make unnecessary trips back and forth to CVS. Having a system in place is a wonderful thing indeed, but having the competent, respectful, professional, well trained humans to implement that system is required and CVS does not have that. Unhappy irate customer!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On 11/22/17, I parked at CVS 2300 Jefferson Davis Hwy to get lunch from Kabob next door to CVS a $.99 water from CVS. Parked on the CVS side but went into Kabob 1st to get carry out. When I came out to go into CVS for my water, my car was gone. CVS manager couldn't provide any information about towing; a clerk eventually allowed me to use the phone to call Advanced Towing Company. Took a cab to Advanced at 4000 N. 5th Rd., Arlington, VA. The cab driver told me that Advanced Towing truck sits around the corner on the CVS parking lot; their men stand outside of the CVS watching to see who's parked in the wrong space then tows their car.

My car cost $135.00. After getting it I drove back to CVS... The tow truck was again parked at the rear of the CVS (see photo); the drivers were standing on the front side of CVS (see photo). See the confusing No Parking signs... In a matter for 30 feet or less, there're 3 different No Parking signs...1- reads: Parking for CVS; another reads: Parking for CVS & Kobob; and a 3rd sign reads: Parking for Kobob. CVS seems to be collaborating with Advanced Towing Company in "predatory towing" in that they allow Advanced Towing to park on their lot to quickly and easily tow customers' vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I recently visited the local CVS Minute clinic for a biometric screening for my insurance. After a wait that took much too long I was greeted by an elderly woman who was doing the screenings that made me uncomfortable from the start. She takes my blood pressure and it was a little high... I explained to her it's usually a bit high when I go to the doctor because I get anxiety upon doctor visits. She said if it didn't go down she would have to call the ambulance which made it spike even more. She never even attempted to make me feel more comfortable. I see a cardiologist and he always jokes with me about my "white coat anxiety..." but she was an absolute ** from the start. She got everything wrong from... Weight was wrong, height was wrong, by the time I left I was just glad to get out. Maybe CVS should evaluate who they hire to do these screenings because she had no clue what she's doing. This was at the Laurel Springs CVS in Cumming, GA... Beware.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My wife & I have traded with CVS for several years and have been completely satisfied. We also have Express Scripts insurance. Last week, I picked up a refill at CVS for my wife & it seemed entirely too high, but I assumed I must be mistake. Yesterday I picked up 2 more refills for my wife. This time I knew something was wrong & asked for a printout of her medications for 2017. When I examined it, I found that 1 refill that normally cost $2.62 now cost $44.63. Another that was &1.99 was now $44.00. I went on Express Scripts's site & learned that all of the CVS stores in the Oklahoma City area were charging the exact same prices for these prescriptions. All the other drug stores in Oklahoma City were charging about $12.00 to $14.00 for these 2 prescriptions. How can CVS do this to their loyal customers? As seniors, we must be aware of pricing of medications & change suppliers if necessary.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have a prescription for vitamin B2 that I have had filled for over a year at the same location. Normally I fill a one month supply for around $8. However, due to the fact that my doctor plans to have me continue it for a long period of time she changed the amount I was getting to a 3 month supply. Yes, I also realize I can purchase these over the counter but due to the high volume I need to take the doctor thought it would be cheaper to do a prescription. While trying to fill this 3 month prescription I went to CVS 4 times in one week. They had terrible communication with me. They never reached out to say it wasn't ready even though they verbally gave me a time it would be and the CVS application told me it was ready as well.

The last time I had spoken to them was on Tuesday when they told me another incorrect ready date of Wednesday and I asked them to call me so I wouldn't make another pointless trip. I did not receive a call 'til late on Saturday. On Tuesday, the woman I talked to told me insurance didn't cover my prescription but didn't tell me why and also told me that the new, larger prescription would be around $25. On Sunday, I asked my grandmother who was in town to pick up my prescription for me. It was $42! When my grandmother tried to ask why, I am told, the cashier was rude to her and said it wasn't covered by insurance and was a larger supply. Even a larger supply should only be $24 since for one month I was paying $8. This is not the first time I have dealt with their inability to communicate and their rudeness but it will be the last because I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

CVS charged up to 8.75 times more for generic medications that are only $4 at Walmart, and many other pharmacies. CVS charged the $35 dollar insurance copay rather than the no-insurance cost which is less (as low as $4.00). I used CVS for 2 decades, but I will never use CVS again. Consumers need to be warned. Pharmaceuticals are ripping off people. People should shop around, because prescription prices vary greatly. Some medication prices can vary by many hundreds of dollars. CVS is one of the most expensive, and CVS also does not inform customers that the non-insurance price is less than their copay. That is dishonest and greedy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

2 yrs I've gotten the same script filled at this location. It's a narcotic (**) that I fill the day AFTER I run out (CVS rules). This morning I call and am told they're out! When I ask the tech can I get the E-SCRIPT FROM MY DR transferred to another CVS, they tell me my DR would have to do it and I can't reach him! Why they can't transfer from one CVS to another is beyond me! They said you'll have to call back after 11:30 and see if they came in, "I don't know what to tell ya". Unbelievable bad customer service! They just don't even care about their customers at all. Next month I'll be choosing another pharmacy. This has happened to MANY other people I know. Now if I was on insulin would they say the same? Doubtful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

They called my doctor and told him to change my RX to a generic after I told them not to at least 6 times. Who are they to decide which medication I should take... Isn't that between the physician and myself? Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I have insurance but it doesn't cover the particular medication I take so I pay for it out of pocket and that's fine by me. Not everyone lives on/off government programs and we get by just fine without it. So for CVS to go behind my back, without permission and after being told not to mess with my RX a half dozen times, they still did it. I spent at least 20 minutes trying to get this straightened out while the pharmacist was rude stating that it was my doctor who called in the change. Um, no, someone from CVS called them! Even the other person working in the pharmacy told me that that's exactly what happened. I AM DONE WITH CVS!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The CVS porter ranch location is awful. They constantly have announcements that people are waiting on the phone line when the techs are chit chatting. I have come to pick up medication at least four times when they have lost, misplaced or just not filled prescriptions. I went multiple days without my medication because they were not ready. The line is always long even though they have enough people for every register. One of the pharmacists is rude and does not do new med council. The techs ringing you up. Do not address you with hello. They automatically ask for a birthday.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

After having left CVS (for poor customer service) for my many prescriptions, I decided to give them another chance because they are geographically convenient. First, I tried to transfer my prescriptions from another pharmacy by loading them online (CVS.com). There were 9 of them, so it took quite a while to get the info added. When I "hit" "transfer", the screen came back indicating that they were having computer problems and I should try again. I tried just one of the prescriptions and got the same result. A couple of days later I took a typed list of prescriptions into the local store and asked them to transfer them. They said it would take 24 - 48 hours. They were not completed for 72 hours.

When I went in the store to pick them up, I discovered that 2 of the 9 prescriptions were only filled for 30 days instead of 90 days. When I asked them to correct them, they stated their computer system was down and they couldn't check anything or fix anything (if they were wrong). I overheard a tech talking with someone else behind the counter, when she was investigating the problem. She said (loud enough for me to hear) "doesn't he know how many hundreds of dollars that would cost him?". 24 hours later they told me the system had been up and down since the previous day and nothing could be done because it was still down.

When I explained that I was leaving town for a period of time longer than the period they had filled the prescription for, their response was "sorry." They told me I could refill the prescription at the end of 30 days (assuming their computer was back up by then... Sorry... That's just my sarcasm). Of course that means the cost to me will be increased because a 90 day prescription is cheaper than 3 - 30 day prescriptions... And... I do not drive so I have to arrange transportation with someone else (or pay for transportation).

I asked if I could arrange to transfer the prescriptions now and was told "No, the computer is down. Call back when it is up. We can fix it when the computer is up." Did I mention that I have been trying to change my address in their records since I moved over 3 years ago? 5 days ago, when I was in the store they did change it, but to an incorrect address. And the computer database on CVS.com still has the old address. When getting a prescription filled I demand accuracy. CVS does not produce accuracy and their customer service attitude is severely lacking.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

OK on 10/30/2017 I filled a script for 60 **. This was 2 a day for 30 days. On 11/1/2017 I had surgery and was given a script for 60 ** for 15 days. The pharmacy canceled my script and talked to everyone but me. I am not a drug addict but was treated like I was. So basically the pharmacy told me to double the ** and I would be fine with that but now I have nothing for my back for 18 days.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I stopped off at my local Target Store to have two scripts filled for my Pain meds. I've been using this pharmacy in Target for over twelve years now and have never had problems getting my Pain meds filled. Now my Doctor wanted me to go back to a pain specialist, and I did. But now my pharmacy will no longer fill them. Am I being discriminated against because of my disability? I have to look into this issue. I did inform the pharmacist that if they wouldn't fill my scripts, I'd be transferring all my scripts to another pharmacy.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

CVS send me a text messages saying my prescription was ready for pick up. Here's where the problem began. If you go to the "drive thru" they say "wait for a second" and then take between 10 to 20 min for them to get back to you. "Date of birth"... It is not lack of personnel. It is lack of care... They really don't care for how long you wait for them. I mean Carlos ** the guy that came to the window after I raised my voice explicitly said that "You have to wait sir". If you go inside there is a line ALWAYS at any TIME. If I can’t drop CVS for sure then I'm getting out of store 0554. Once they told me my insurance will not cover (after 15 days prescribed). When they double check it was covered but... "YOU HAVE TO WAIT SIR".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I placed an order for a refill of my prescription at the start of October. It has now been about a month and a half, and I have not yet received my order. This is due to the ineptitude of the staff, dragging their feet and not giving correct guidance on procuring the prescription. I spoke with Mike (a CVS at home delivery pharmacist) on the phone two weeks ago today. He told me his company would not be able to get the prescription in time but that the CVS in the Target store in Fort Myers on San Carlos Blvd. would order the prescription and that I would have it the following Monday. Saturday I called the pharmacy and spoke with Ed (I think that was his name). He guaranteed me I would have the prescription Monday. Monday another pharmacy person there at Target (Audrey?) called to say that the prescription was not in, but that they would have it on Tuesday, the next day.

Tuesday afternoon some other female twit who seemed to have no idea of what had been going on with the prescription left me a message that they would not be able to get the prescription in. I telephoned the CVS at home people and told them of the Target's lack of follow-thru. I then went through the same rigmarole with them. They could get it, then they couldn't, then when I asked to speak with a pharmacist - all of a sudden they could get it in. This followed hours of time on the telephone with some of the most incompetent "pharmacy technicians" ever (Petra, Lynne, Ed).

Finally they got the prescription in and I asked if they would please expedite shipping at their cost since it was the company's fault that I had been placed in a position where I had to stop the medication cold turkey, and that I was going to be leaving the temporary address where I had been staying and wanted to receive the medication stat. "Pharmacist" Kristen said no. Can you even believe what an unprofessional "medical" person she is? I can't. There are further words to describe someone like her. What a loser. I asked them to send the prescription then to a different address on 11/1 (mind you, all of this started at the start of October). I was told the prescription would be sent to the new address. It is now 11/10, and I have not received the prescription. Why? Because they sent it to the old address.

I spoke with Jonathan this evening at the At Home delivery place. He was nice enough, but he was either not honest or not competent in understanding USPS tracking. He told me all mail sent into Florida goes through Fort Myers (where my previous address was), but it doesn't. When I pulled up the tracking information myself, it clearly shows that the CVS at Home people sent it to the previous address. And all of this could have been prevented if "pharmacist" Kristen had sent this out overnight as she should have to the previous address. These people have no competence or care for what they put their customers through. They are terrible and I do not recommend them at all. And frankly, Kristen would never be employed by a company that I owned.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

When CVS took over Target pharmacy, customer service went out the window. The continuous phone calls daily for each Rx filled is incredibly annoying. We asked them to stop the daily calls and were told they can't change the call frequency! The "reward" program is a joke. We asked them to cancel some prescriptions we don't need and they continue to keep them active. They filled two prescriptions for my husband for the same drug in different doses instead of replacing the new dose with the previous dose and tried to give him BOTH today. Called CVS customer care today and was never treated so unimportant as a customer ever before. They couldn't care less how they treat their customers. We transferred all our prescriptions to another pharmacy today. CVS will not get any more of our business. Never had such bad experiences with getting prescriptions until CVS. Just horrible.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This is a complaint regarding store 2145 in Woodmere, NY. In 9 months with this pharmacy I have not had 1 good experience. My medications have been held to get approval from my doctor which has never happened at any other CVS. When I was out of insurance, they would scan the medicine and ask me if I really needed it because it was expensive. I take mental health medication. How dare they?

My most recent nightmare experiences were 11/6 and 11/5. I was recently approved by Medicaid, and the pharmacists clearly had no idea what they were doing. Both days they told me I had to call for things from Medicaid, which I did and Medicaid said none was necessary. My doctor had to call CVS and speak with them and she had never done that with any patient over the past 7 years. Further, the pharmacists don’t talk quietly and he was speaking to me from across the way very loudly so it was not private. I have been using CVS for years but as of today I am switching to Walgreens.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The first problem with CVS Pharmacy #4984 at 863 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, Pa was for medicine I needed due to illness. They told me the instructions were unclear and asked if I understood them which I did. They did try and call the doctor for clarification but did not get through so it was filled without verifying instructions. I finished them and still had the same problem. The doctor ordered a refill but CVS would not refill it as my insurance refused, I purchased enough out of pocket to get me by till I could renew. Doctor informed me that it was straightened out and could pick up the medicine immediately. Went to CVS and was told I could not but upon reviewing did find that it could be filled but refused to fill it as she only had 4 minutes left.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I had to switch to CVS due to my insurance, I loved Walgreens, now it’s like night and day. These people are rude, call the wrong doctors, have a bad attitude, not professional at all. I have to correct them almost all the time, they call doctors that I had two years back, give them my correct doctor, they call me back using the old doctor, and they are just incompetent, I hate CVS. I don’t know where they hire their Pharmacist, staff, they're all incompetent... Shame on them.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information

CVS
www.cvs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use