3.51/5
Based on 2,037 ratings submitted in the last year

2016 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2019

Having same insurance no changes each time going to CVS pharmacy in Sherman Oaks, pharmacy workers do not process claim correctly. Is not a first time and same people do same mistake for months. I wanna report this’s scandalous incident. Is inadmissible, that inefficient and incompetent pharmacy workers made same mistake over and over. Staff is NOT trained properly how running correctly a claim for primary and secondary insurance. After speaking with insurance yes I have been told same thing. Wrong processing of the claim. No changes to insurance. If you have a Health net California in February and 2 months later seems like you don’t even if you don’t touch anything definitely is CVS PHARMACY FAULT! I’m gonna transfer all my prescriptions to a different facility. Barbara **

Original review: June 3, 2019

CVS has not and can not refill critical high blood pressure medication. I have been a customer for 10 years and over the last year, I have never had an Rx filled on time. Always insurance, copay, "sorry but the computer won't let me ad infinitum". Now a week with no meds, no refill possible and my blood pressure is at a dangerous level. I am 72 years old and they may be taking advantage. Michael **. San Jose CA.

Original review: June 3, 2019

CVS PHARMACY 8831, VILLA LA JOLLA DRIVE, LA JOLLA, San Diego (CA) is not safe to use your cards to buy from CVS. They have cameras which records your PIN when you type on the cash register. One of their cash register may be fitted with some sort of reader which records your CARD details. I was robbed of a big amount in this outlet. FOLKS BE CAREFUL AT THIS COUNTER OF CVS!!! Inspite of making a police complaint nothing has been done even after 15 days. Manager says he cannot help. SERIOUS FRAUDS!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

My husband purchased two prescriptions at CVS with Part D Medicare insurance. The first prescription ** 20 mg 90 tablets for $41.22 - Walmart price no insurance $24.00 - and ** 12.5 90 capsules for 27.35 - Walmart’s price $10.00 no insurance. How can CVS get away with this type of price gouging? It is really unfair to the elderly who are on fixed incomes.

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 29, 2019, I went to CVS, to pick up my prescriptions sent by my doctor earlier that day. Because of CVS's automatic refills, I had 6 instead of the 2. When I got home I noticed that one of the prescriptions I had stopped taking months earlier. I call the pharmacy in reference to this and asked for a refund. She agreed and told me that they won't accept returned medications, so just bring my receipt for the refund. I'd noticed another medication that I recently stopped taking so I brought that medication with me to take off auto-refills too. When I get there I asked for the person I had spoken with on the phone earlier. After she introduced herself I explained that I brought another medication which I had stopped taking so she could take them both off the auto refills list, and she did.

When I asked for my refund, she then tells me that she needs the prescription bottle to give me a refund after telling me in detail previously NOT TO BRING THE BOTTLE BECAUSE THEY CANNOT TAKE BACK MEDICATION. Luckily I did bring both bottles with me but that one I left in my truck because she said not to bring it. I'm standing there in pain and on a crutch, so I asked her if she thought I looked well enough to want to go back outside to get the medication which she said I wouldn't need? I was then told if I didn't get it, I wouldn't get my refund. As if that wasn't enough embarrassment and inconvenience, the pharmacist, manager (Jakpa **) condoning her actions by joining her by continuing to portray me as being in the wrong although the employee never said that she didn't tell me to leave the bottle.

Probably because of her conscience, she said that she will go to my truck and get it. The manager (Jakpa **) told her not to. Through all my pain and embarrassment, I went outside to get the prescription bottle. Now, I have the bottle and the receipt. The manager said that she will refund me while she kept trying to convince me that I was wrong. I mentioned I was there, she wasn't. "I've heard more than enough, give me my refund so I can go." She refused. I asked why. She said she didn't like the way I spoke to her and asked me to apologize and she may consider it. I'm the one deserving of an apology. She never apologized or gave me my refund.

I left and later I remembered that she was the same pharmacist that told me my insurance wouldn't cover my flu shot when it did because a few days later I went back and there wasn't a problem getting it. I tried to report her then but I was told nobody works there that fits that description. I know exactly who she is now and her name. I will explain again in detail the harassment, inconvenience, and embarrassment I endured. The head pharmacist, Jimmy **, and the majority of CVS employees are very polite, competent, and very professional but this particular substitute pharmacist is the total opposite and I will file a formal complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: May 28, 2019

Wallisville Location HOUSTON Texas. This location is very unprofessional. Prescriptions are never ready when they are said they will be. They have changed staff and it’s a little better as in they are nice but the service is HORRIBLE. I submitted a refill request in person and once I went back a day later the lady never submitted the request because she was trying to rush to the next person. When complaining the staff are never apologetic. One tech said she hated it too. I’m leaving the CVS chain completely because it seems they don’t care about customer service.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This review is about the lead pharmacist at 1900 18th Street Denver. I had read a review maintaining that this lead pharmacist (believed to be named **) profiles customers looking to fill their legal prescriptions for any controlled substances. In my recent experience, if he is not "profiling" people per se, he is certainly being negligent. My doctor sent over my prescription weeks before it was due to pickup. The day before pickup, I got a notification via text that they were working on it. The day of pickup, another text that it was ready to pick up.

When I went to pick it up, on schedule, the lead pharmacist nonchalantly tells me they don't have this drug in stock and it will be 3 days before they can get it in (on account of the holiday weekend). Like many pharmaceuticals, this particular drug produces withdrawal effects if any doses are missed, so it's extremely important that I don't skip around. For that reason, I am diligent about getting my prescriptions there with time to spare. Regarding the false alerts to my phone and why with 2 weeks holding on to it, they didn't order it ahead for my pickup date, he could only offer a meek "sorry." Drugs that can put you into withdrawal are SERIOUS BUSINESS. To play around with that is to play around with people's lives and I will be reporting this pharmacist to their corporate office.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have ordered my specialty medicine (**, which has to be refrigerated) on two different occasions using CVS's online ordering. Both times the medicine did not arrive and both times I had to call CVS during working hours and be on hold for a very long time while they try to figure out what went wrong. The first time I was told it didn't get sent out because I had a balance due - which I didn't. They confirmed that I had a $0 balance on my account!! The second time I was told the refill never got to the pharmacy from their website!! Why have the website refill option at all if I have to end up calling the pharmacy and wasting half my day on the phone with them after I place the order??? I am forced to use CVS because of my insurance through work, otherwise I would NEVER use CVS pharmacy. And I will NEVER use the website to refill my prescription again!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

This review really addresses the consistency in the service at CVS pharmacies. Starting with their lack of followup on any issue. CVS still owes me for medical costs that I paid in HI on my vacation. Pharmacist did not want to provide me with meds even though they were ready. The PH CVS in CA told me I could get them at the Longs store in Kona HI. Being a grandmother with two young one's alone on vacation was a much planned event. When I went to get the script I was told they could NOT refill per law on a controlled substance. I was then informed I would have to go to the ONLY open medical office and pay out of pocket $107.00.

I have tried over and over to get my money back from CVS. I have at least 8-10 meds I take monthly. I only refill one medication at CVS and the rest across the street at Walgreens. Needless to say 99.9% of the time CVS screws it up. EVERY FLIPPING TIME. Always an excuse, usually they are short handed. Since when is it???? For CVS to make their problems to be the customers' problems??? I come from a management's perspective and can call it what it IS. 100% greed. I could go on about every issue with CVS. I only keep one script going there so that the record of the vacation fiasco does not close out. Who knows at some point CVS might do the right thing and give me the $$$ they owe me. It is so infuriating to deal with the consistent BAD???? "Service"!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have been a customer using CVS pharmacy since I moved out here to Kansas City in 1991. I have had excellent customer service at the location I used in North Kansas City, Liberty and Independence, Since we moved to Kansas City it has been very trying. They have deactivated prescriptions with refills on them, the doctor had provided 4 refills on 3 prescriptions, after filling them the first time, they came due for refills, they contacted the doctor for refills. The doctor then decides that something's not right and he needs to see me before he will submit these scripts. I pull my bottles out call the pharmacy and am told, "Well those prescriptions have be deactivated." I said, "Why, they are not a year old and they still have refills on them." She said, "I will reinstate them, they will have different prescription numbers but we will get it straightened out."

These scripts were on auto refill, no one from CVS has ever explained why these scripts got deactivated. Then they filled all of the scripts that my doctor sent in, which meant that some scripts were filled before they were supposed to (I had no prescription coverage or else the insurance company would have kicked it out) So I had a huge stock pile of prescriptions, I asked for autofill to be turned off, they said they did. I checked on CVS.com and found they had not. I turned everything off. They still managed to fill scripts before I needed them. They allow the scripts to have pill descriptions that don't match the actual pill in the bottle. I have called on numerous scripts because of this. They always tell me that the pill I received is the right one. I have even talked to the District Manager twice because of problems with prescriptions.

I now have insurance and they won't be filling anything too early. But I tried to get authorization to manage my husband's prescriptions, sent the request through. CVS never sent him anything to authorize me to have access. I contacted Customer Relations who explained that since his email address and contact number was the same as mine, the system would not send out a request, but did anyone from CVS contact him or me back? No.

The lady I spoke to said I needed to have the pharmacist remove the email address on file and change his phone number. I asked if he could just create his CVS.com account with the correct information. She said yes, so Kevin set up his CVS.com account, using a completely different email and his own cell number on it. However it wouldn't allow him to see his pharmacy information because someone else was in control of it. So I logged onto my account and checked to see if was under my sign in. Nope it is not and no one can tell Kevin who has control of his account.

They say he has to sign an authorization to sever his account from whoever has it! He has never received anything from CVS to give someone control over his account and they can't even tell him who is in charge of his account. Seems like CVS has some severe HIPAA violations going on here.nOh and the form they want you to fill out to sever the account? It is a Microsoft Word file and you have to fill it out and fax it back to them. Really, I don't have Microsoft Word and I don't have a fax.

I asked for a supervisor to call me back to discuss how CVS has allowed his account to be taken over by someone unauthorized and they can't even call the number you give them over the phone. They call the one on the account. So that call was not picked up, it was not a recognized number. Jason left a message at 6:25 pm, said he would be in the office until 11 pm. We called him back at 6:32 pm. Gave the same number I left with Angelica and it is 9:40 pm neither phone has rung. I need to find another pharmacy, but CVS is the only 90 day pharmacy authorized by my insurance company. And the mail order doesn't offer a discount, I have to pay for all three months, and do everything by snail mail for them and it's a company that I have never used. It sure seems like CVS is nothing like it used to be.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I called in to have 4 prescription refilled and sent my grandson to pick them up, when he returned he had 7 prescriptions 3 of which I did not need. This is not the first time this has happen. I am in a wheelchair so I don't go too often, but when I do I ask them to open bag so I can check what they are giving me. I now have 260 Diabetic Pills, 260 Blood Pressure Pills and 180 Blood Pressure Pills that I did not order. They should have know that I was not out of these Medication. Why can't I return them? It was the store's error.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I went to the my pain doctor and asked for a new prescription. I’m on ** patch now and it’s 200.00 a month which I can’t afford so he agreed to change the script to **. I called Caremark and it’s not covered. They told me to call the pharmacy, ask them to run it and when it’s rejected to call them back. So that’s what I did. The pharmacist said it wasn’t called in, I said ok and I told her exactly what Caremark told me. I called them back and was told it was never called in so I called my doctor and they called the pharmacy, but I was disconnected. So the doctor's nurse calls me this morning and says the pharmacy called saying my script was there. She just lied to me because she wasn’t giving me the script because I Just picked up the patches May 4. But I never asked her to fill it.

I already knew it wasn’t going to be covered and it will take some time to try to get it added to the formulary. I just needed to know if it was called in and ask her to run it so I could call Caremark back. She lied to me and my doctor. I’m a chronic pain patient. She could’ve had me kicked out of the clinic for a bold face lie. Luckily I’ve been going there for 8 years and not once had a problem and they called to give me a chance to explain. They are messing with people’s lives. Just because someone is on a drug to function doesn’t mean they are a junkie and that’s the way CVS treats their customers. I know when it was Eckerd's I managed for over 10 years. That’s how they are trained. If I could take my business elsewhere I would because I hate them. I’m thinking about paying more for my scripts so I don’t have to go there at all.

Original review: May 7, 2019

So today I went to the Shelbyville IN CVS and I have to say that my experience was terrible. The lady at the drive-through window was very rude For no reason at all. Did not give me the correct information I needed And when my wife called back at store she proceeded to tell my wife that I was lying about her medication I enquired about. I was very clear when I asked her and she was acting as if she could not hear me. Did not tell me if she had free Prescriptions. Just told me that they all was 11.00 which was no problem but after dealing with her nasty Attitude I was done with it and to make matters worse another time I came there I got one for myself and was charge 10.00 and did not get my meds I paid for like this is Ridiculous Point being made. If you don't like your job you need to quit. Find somewhere else to work.

Original review: May 6, 2019

CVS Pharmacy at 7925 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City, OK 73132. The pharmacist ** went above and beyond to find my prescription (there was mess connected with my doctor's office - it turned out they never sent anything, but they thought they did) and followed up with multiple departments to get it ready for me. Plus she was super friendly and polite with sweet and positive attitude! She is inspiring example of perfect customer service!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Had a horrible customer service experience at the pharmacy dept. Have called 3 times with no call back from the District Manager. Shocked at how many 1 Star reviews there are. Definitely taking my business over to Walgreens. Wow CVS you just lost a great customer! I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in your store throughout the year. Need to change and/or retrain staff in the pharmacy department.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Recently I made the switch from Walgreens to CVS due to an insurance issue. All seemed well transferring over prescriptions, and the prescription I was almost out of was promised to me by Monday, three days from the first day I went in. I am now going on the fourth week without my insulin pump refills, with an endless cycle of excuses needing to get my doctor's approval for the third time. I am good friends with my doctor and know that she always approves in a timely matter. Whenever I call CVS representatives to get some help in ordering this prescription, I am just passed along to the next person without any results.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The pharmacist named Kristi does not like to give consultations for a NEW prescriptions to customers. I have dealt with her rudeness once before but this was the last straw. I started a new medication and when I realized I hadn't been offered a NEW drug consultation, I requested one. When the pharmacist, Kristi, came to the window I could tell she was in a bad mood. She didn't even give a consultation like every other pharmacist does on a NEW prescription. So I started asking questions and she literally ROLLED her eyes! Who does that?

I wasn't complaining about anything. I was asking her about side effects and other questions about the prescription. I still have unanswered questions! She proceeded to answer my first question with a condescending tone. Have you ever talked to someone and had them answer in a way that made you feel stupid? Well that's how she made me feel. I have never been treated like this by a pharmacist! I am considering moving all of my prescriptions to HEB.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Completely unable to take down even basic details over the phone. To the point of comedy sketch ineptitude. Spoke to a person who switched around numbers and letters in EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION I gave him! I actually laughed after the 5th time and asked if he was doing it on purpose for a bet, or just for fun. He responded that he can only follow the scripts he's provided?!?!

I asked if I needed to do anything additional to register for their online service, and he said he'd give me a Fax number my doctor could send prescription orders to.... I said again, "No let me be clearer - I'd like to register for the online service, do I need to refer to anything you've just registered for me?" He repeated the fax number.

To CVS - if you have any serious desire to provide anything approaching a good quality of service, you have to employ people who can speak and understand plain english (or whatever language the customer speaks) and address your prospective customer's needs and concerns. Just sticking someone with a pulse in a call center is not sufficient. I abandoned my registration and will not be ordering any prescriptions from this provider.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We also have CVS Caremark and are effectively a captured audience. In short, their computer system is potentially great, but their customer service is overall so poor...this outweighs any efficiency in this system. I take **. Went to 4 CVS stores to be told, "We'll take your name and number and call you when we can have drug." Never heard anything from any of the 4 stores. Learned about the federal regs surrounding this medication. Finally found a good CVS, whose pharmacist actually took time/effort to properly clear me and begin to fill this prescription. In hindsight, seems clear to me others didn't want to be troubled so they just blew smoke to get me to go away. But Janet at Hamilton location (Harford Rd, Balto 21214) was wonderful.

I've since relocated to York Co, PA. It's pretty clear those here in Dover (Carlisle Rd) are a bunch of prima donnas...couldn't care less about customers, just enjoy their monopoly. Will walk in, be told 30 mins, go for another quick errand, return after an hour, only to be told, "Not ready...tough." Just dropped off at drive-thru. Little traffic inside or outside. Told one hour wait. I mean she spit it out at me - like rigid policy. Guess it's an hour cause they say so. Of course...doesn't even mean I'm actually guaranteed 60 mins. I'm now convinced they just throw this stuff out arbitrarily.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Transferred my prescriptions from RiteAid to the store 841 location, went to pick up my prescriptions and the lady at the pharmacy pick up line was very rude. Told her that I had a prescription card for the scripts, she just told me the price for the 3 scripts was 900.00, I asked about my extra care card and the lady didnt even take the time to look anything up, she just told me that there was nothing she could do, all she had to do was look up my info my the extra care. Can't believe this is how your company trains their people to be rude and not helpful at all. Therefore I have returned my scripts back to RiteAid. It's a shame that you guys run your business this way, your store was closer to me and would have been a lot easier for me.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am a clinic RN, previously working in Primary Care and now working in Infectious Disease - mostly HIV care. After years of dealing with CVS, I have started recommending my patients use another pharmacy if possible. Unfortunately Anthem Medicaid in Indiana is contracted with CVS so many of our patients don't have a choice. I can tell you that all of the customer complaints below are true. You may or may not be aware that HIV is very manageable now as long as patients take their cocktail of medications as directed. All HIV treatments are a combination of at least 2 drugs. Sometimes this is in the form of a single pill. Sometimes patients have to take 2 or more pills daily. Patients should NEVER take only one HIV drug. Persons infected with HIV today have normal or near normal life expectancies IF they take their correct combination of meds. Unfortunately CVS does not make that easy for our patients.

Now, that being said - I don't believe CVS staff are bad people. I believe they have terrible pharmacy software and are very short-staffed. The problems are not the people, but the system. Several times when I've brought a potentially harmful mistake to the pharmacist's attention they seem embarrassed and also helpless to really do anything about it. Here's some the recent problems we've had with CVS. Although I'm discussing HIV care, these problems can apply to any patient:

1. They don't stock some meds, so they have to be special-ordered. Instead of telling patients that and ordering the meds, they tell them their doctor needs to "authorize" the refill or they don't have refills. This happens to the same patients month after month resulting in missing days of treatment which increases the patient's risk of developing resistance to treatment. This has been happening to one of our patients over the last year. With this patient CVS has been dispensing one of his HIV meds and telling him the other one needs to be "authorized". The result - the patient has been taking only one drug to treat his HIV. Guess what? He now has resistance. ANY pharmacist should know better than to dispense only 1 HIV drug. This is malpractice.

2. They require some of the more expensive meds to be filled by CVS Express Scripts - a mail order specialty pharmacy. Just yesterday a patient called me and told me CVS told her that her medication needed to be "authorized" by her doctor. I called CVS and was told they no longer had the prescription because the patient had transferred it to another pharmacy. Turns out that CVS actually transferred the prescription to the mail order Express Scripts without notifying the patient. Even when she requested refills they did not tell her they transferred the Rx. They told her to contact her doctor. The result - missed doses of her medication resulting in increased likelihood of developing resistance.

3. As noted by a reviewer below they CONSTANTLY tell patients they don't have any refills of their medication when in fact they do. We get multiple refill request daily from CVS when the patient has refills available at the store. When I refuse a refill request because we just sent a year's supply last week, they tell the patient that the doctor refused to refill their meds. Then we get angry calls from patients. All of our prescriptions are sent electronically and we get a confirmation from the pharmacy that they have received it. I believe that when a patient calls or electronically requests a refill of their meds, CVS's software just automatically sends a request to the doctor without bothering to check if they have refills available at the store. The result - Missed doses of medication.

My recommendation - don't use CVS unless you have no other choice. If possible use your hospital pharmacy if that is an option. The pharmacists there have access to your medical records as well as your prescriptions so they are better able to make sure you are taking the right medications safely. Your doctor does not always know best. You are the leader of your healthcare team which includes doctors, NPs, nurses, pharmacists, etc. Always keep all of your prescriptions at the same pharmacy if at all possible for the same reason. Using multiple pharmacies increases your risk of harm from your medications.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Manhattan Beach CVS Pharmacist needs to have his head examined. I called to get clarity on an rx that was to be filled today, but wasn't, and a reason why, The pharmacist began to explain that it was called in by the doctor, 3 days too early, instead of 2. I told him that I have a flight Wed. am and need to have this filled. I then mentioned that I've often had my meds filled 3 days early and to please look up my history to see. He didn't reply and I thought he was looking it up but after a while I heard his voice, talking to someone else by name, and then listing each of their medications, etc.

I quickly realized that he was addressing another customer all the while I was still on the line. (Ever heard of HIPAA laws?) It sounded like he had put the receiver down so I tried to get his attention by raising my voice, in case he’d forgotten that I was on the other end of the phone. The pharmacist quickly picked up the phone and began admonishing me for raising my voice. He said it was unacceptable to speak to him that way, to call back when I was calm, and then proceeded to hang up. I was both shocked and at the same time found it laughable; as we were having a very cordial conversation up and until that point.

I strongly suspect that other staff heard my voice on the open line as well, and he needed to create this fantasy issue, in order to cover up both his VERY BIG MISTAKE of not putting me on hold before discussing another customer's medications, and his THOROUGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR of twisting the facts about what was really going on and calling my character into question, just so that his own questionable character wouldn't be called out. A lunatic; a legal liability, and one who should NOT be allowed to touch people's medications.

Original review: April 29, 2019

They are not even one star!!! First off the pharmacy is incredibly rude. I can't say that enough!!!! RUDE. And don't bother trying to talk to the store manager. He is just as rude and does not even know the District Manager's name. Which if I am not mistaken it is on the wall with a picture. This pharmacy has given the wrong medication more than once to my father. How dangerous is this??? Very considering the meds they sent him home with. A bottle with someone else's meds in. And thank God he did not accidentally take it since you can't hardly mix anything with his meds. They lie all the time to him. Telling him you can pick it up this day and turn around and when he calls to get it they say, "Nope sorry. It will be this day." Most of the time they do not even have his meds in and he is waiting.

This pharmacy has gone down. Way down.... And to allow your staff to be rude to customers thinking that is OK??? I can only hope people will start going somewhere else and let them stop making money off of good people to be treated like garbage. Due to treating a Parkinson's patient like you did and now making an ER trip because of it. Thanks for everything CVS. You are not a good place at all. We will be taking our business to a pharmacy that has at the least great customer service!!!!! We can definitely do better than you. If you go to the Google reviews you will see lots of complaints of their rudeness. It is ridiculous. Sorry but NOT SORRY THAT WE ARE DONE WITH YOU.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have repeatedly told CVS that I do not want any of my prescriptions on their auto-refill program. Despite this, my meds routinely get put on back on auto-refill without my authorization. Today, I stopped by the location I always use to pick up an auto-refilled prescription and the pharmacy member told me they didn't have it. I asked him how that was since I had been getting texts for several days to pick it up. He pulled up my information and told me it was at a different location. I asked why it was filled at that location because I NEVER GO TO THAT CVS.

So, not only is their online ordering system messed up, they are filling prescriptions wherever they feel like it. This is not my only complaint with CVS. I have contacted them several times and get no response other than the standard "thank you for contacting us." The only reason I haven't switched pharmacies is due to my prescription insurance only allowing me to use CVS for 90-day maintenance medications.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I recently agreed to have CVS synch my prescription dates so that I could come for them all at the same time each month. The program made sense; however, it had devastating unintended consequences and was also poorly managed by CVS pharmacy staff. The program works by giving you a partial order of any meds coming due in < 1 month, THEN INVALIDATING THE REST OF THAT PRESCRIPTION. They follow up by FAXING your prescriber asking for a new script. This happened for me with 11 drugs, 4 of which came from my psychiatrist -- who was out of town for 3 weeks without access to a fax machine, and whose practice is solo, with no supporting staff!

A week before I was to pick up all my drugs, I asked for refills on several prescriptions and was told only that they needed to order some of them because they didn't have enough in stock; they did NOT mention that they had been faxing this psychiatrist and hearing nothing back! If I had been told that, I could have emailed him and had some chance of getting through.

When I was one day from running out of two crucial drugs, I called CVS to ask why I hadn't gotten a text saying everything was ready, and it was only then that they told me they hadn't gotten a reply from my psychiatrist, and that NONE OF MY DRUGS WERE COMING. (They were waiting on him to prepare the entire order; they hadn't even refilled my other prescriptions!!) So I began frantically emailing my doctor, hoping he'd receive and reply to my emails, and that's where it stands now. Part of the problem may be just this one CVS, but another part of the problem is this program's design (giving patients a partial refill then invalidating the prescription). In my experience, this was both a horribly designed and totally mismanaged program that I do NOT recommend other customers joining.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My aunt received her prescriptions by mail for years from CVS. Last September, she had to be moved into a care facility. We asked CVS to stop sending prescriptions at that time as we wanted to use a brick and mortar pharmacy close to our home. However, CVS will not stop sending orders. They are going to my aunt's old address and disappearing. We did not furnish a forwarding address because we didn't want the prescriptions. My aunt's credit card was closed, because we didn't want more prescriptions. But CVS, regardless of repeated requests to stop sending medications, continues to send them. We are not receiving them. We have no idea where they are going, perhaps being kept by the current tenant.

We have notified CVS that we will not be responsible for orders we did not place, did not receive, and do not want. But they tell us they will continue to send medications, and that we are responsible for them. We have called, we have emailed, and we have snail-mailed, and still the meds keep coming. One package was received today, forwarded by the Post Office to our home address. We marked it refused and returned it to our carrier. This is the first and only package that has been forwarded, and this is how I know that CVS continues to send unordered medication. This business practice is unprofessional, unethical, and just plain wrong. I have never, personally, been a CVS customer--but based on this experience--I never will be!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I was at CVS store on 1301 N Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL. Around 9:20 am this morning, I was shopping for toothpaste and also some snacks when a manager with black shirt that had CVS Health on it, he also had grey hair and glasses, was following me at every aisle. I know he was watching me 'cause when I went back to the same aisle, he went back where I was. And also the cashier was seeing where I went to. Smh. I never stolen everything from that store, I try to be a good person, but people like that make me not want to shop at CVS no more..

Original review: April 24, 2019

Pharmacy manager needs to go back to school and refresh her customer service etiquette. I have never been talked down to with such arrogance in my life. She has the attitude that she distrusts anyone filling a prescription and she knows more than the prescribing doctor. It's sad when an employee of a big pharmacy like CVS thinks she can treat anyone disrespectful. Will be surprised if there will be any feedback on a complaint like this because it just seems the (I could care less) prevailing attitude will never be addresses. It's in the DNA of CVS to not care about patients or customers. I'm taking my business to Walmart or Kingsoopers to see if I can at least be talked to like a 61 year old. Not a 2 year old!!! Morgan ** should not be the manager of a school of ants. Steve.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I went to CVS to pick up prescription after recieving text message they were ready. Drove 20 miles to town. Drove thru drive thru window. No one came to window even though people were inside pharmacy. Finally drove off. After more texts to pick up prescription I tried again. Same thing again. Done this 3 times in one week. No service at window. Went today 4-22-19. Again same thing. Long wait. No response. If this keeps up I am going up the road to walgreens. Either lack of employees or sorry employees.

Original review: April 22, 2019

CVS claimed more than once this past month they would follow-up on ** prescription and never contact me back to alert household brand name was no longer available nor did they follow-up on prescription with caregiver/doctor. We are now out of diabetes med for days and when we call back in goes back and forth in a never ending circle that care provider never followed through or declined prescription when they did not. We only find out after numerous calls back to CVS. Does anyone pay attention to customer needs? Does anyone care to call us back? CVS Pharmacy at 11000 Creedmoor Road Raleigh, NC 27614.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information