This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Stash is a personal finance app that can help you invest for your future. With Stash, there are subscription options for investors with different levels of experience, and you have the ability to invest in thousands of stocks and ETFs. Prices start at $1 per month, and you can get started investing with $5.
- Invest in fractional shares
- Plan options for a variety of investors
- Investment advice available
- Plans include life insurance
- Unconventional pricing
- Not designed for day trading
Stash offers three plan options to help you invest over the long term. While its features may not be as robust as those on some other platforms, the tradeoff is its affordability and approachability.
Stash is a smartphone app that offers investing and banking. It's designed for long-term investing, not day trading. That means — beyond investing in fractional shares of stocks and ETFs — you can also use Stash to open an individual retirement account (IRA) or investment accounts for children. More than 5 million customers have signed up to use Stash’s platform since it started.
How does Stash work?
To join Stash, you’ll first answer a few questions about your financial goals and experience. This can help the app tailor its advice to your needs. From there, you can choose which of its three subscription plans work best for you: Stash Beginner, Stash Growth or Stash+.
Once you’ve chosen a plan, start putting money into your accounts either by direct deposit from your paycheck or by manually adding funds. You can then invest in your choice of thousands of stocks and ETFs or put money away for retirement.
You can also bank with Stash, giving you access to automatic saving and investing tools and the company’s Stock-Back Card, which earns you stock rewards as you shop with certain brands.
You can choose between three plans:
- Stash Beginner is for investors who are just starting out. It offers advice for beginners, access to a Personal Portfolio and banking and $1,000 of life insurance from Avibra.
- Stash Growth includes everything from the Stash Beginner plan, plus personalized advice geared toward growing your personal finances and access to a Smart Portfolio and a Retirement Portfolio (Roth or traditional IRA).
- Stash+ is the company’s most comprehensive option. This plan includes everything in Stash Growth, plus two investment accounts for kids, a monthly market insights report, $10,000 of life insurance from Avibra and other benefits.
Stash’s plans come with a flat-fee subscription model. Prices vary by plan, but here’s how Stash’s rates break down at the time of publishing:
- Stash Beginner costs $1 per month.
- Stash Growth costs $3 per month.
- Stash+ costs $9 per month.
In addition to the subscription fees, you will also pay additional fees for investing, including expenses reflected in the pricing of the ETFs in your investment account(s).
There will also be fees for various ancillary services charged by Stash and your account custodian. A full list of these fees can be found in the Ask Stash portion of its website.
- What is the Stash monthly fee?
- Stash’s monthly fees start at $1 per month for its beginner program and range up to $9 per month for its most advanced subscription. There may also be additional fees on top of your monthly rate, depending on your investment strategy.
- Can I cancel my Stash account?
- Yes, you can close your Stash account on its website. The process can take up to 10 business days, though.
- What type of investment accounts does Stash offer?
- Stash offers brokerage accounts, traditional and Roth IRAs and custodial investment accounts for children.
Is Stash legit?
Stash is a legitimate way to invest. Unlike many other investment apps, Stash is more of a long-term investment tool, so it’s important that you understand what type of investing you want. You should also familiarize yourself with the company’s pricing structure since it’s relatively unconventional and hard to compare with other brokerage platforms. That being said, Stash can be a good option for investing and banking from your smartphone.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Stash Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.