3.5/5 (1912 ratings)

About TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: May 24, 2022

I made a purchase at a TJ Maxx of some candies, but they tasted awful! I tried to return them and was refused! I phoned the customer service number on their website and was extremely pleased with the response!!! I was phoned later in the day by that particular store manager who told me to please come in with my return, apologized profusely for the error made by one of her employees, and would like to not only process the return but give me a free gift as well!!! Finally, a company that takes customer service seriously! Thank you TJ Maxx!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Toxic Chemicals Found in Indonesian Made Clothing in TJ Maxx. Bad smell, still losing color many washes. Bad smell even affect other clothing very bad. Especially some of jeans. Found same jeans made in Mexico, etc. no problem in the TJ Maxx.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered items online and used my PayPal that is linked to my bank credit card...(This protects my account shopping online)..I went to the store to return some items and was told I would have to take a store credit because I used PayPal..I explained it came right out of my bank account but would not budge...I had to take over a 100 store credit...(which I will use now at Home Goods). I am so disappointed in this company..I have shopped here for years and love it but I refuse to ever spend my money here again...this is a stupid policy that they need to change!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

Today I went to TJ MAXX in Warner Robins GA to make a return and purchase. The young lady who waited on me once transaction was completed did not say thank you or have a nice day. Had to beg the manager for a thank you. Since neither wanted to give one on their own. I shop and spend too much money there not to get a simple thank you and have a nice day.

Original review: March 18, 2022

What has happened to this store? TJ Maxx used to have fine quality clothes and accessories, many of which were made in Italy. Now everything is cheap, synthetic material. The styles are also not pretty. Whoever the buyers are for the store they do not have good taste. The clothes and accessories made in Italy are gaudy, status symbols. TJ is no longer the store for refined taste. Such a disappointment. Please bring back the old quality.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I wish I did not get this card. When I would use the card, TJX would change the credit limit, affecting my debt to credit ratio and negatively affecting my credit score. The APR also changed for no reason. Finally, when I stopped using the card as frequently due to these frustrating situations which happened on numerous occasions over several years- TJX closed my account without warning! This closure of a longstanding account also affected my credit score negatively through no fault of my own. I now have to file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies. I wish I just used my other credit cards for purchases at their stores- or cash. UNBELIEVABLE! Don't get this card.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I recently bought my husband a new winter wardrobe at TJ Maxx in Burnsville MN. His office is in Burnsville but we live in California. TJ Maxx has always been a go to for me for great deals at low prices. So I had no problems buying him over $200 worth of winter clothes. I purchased a pair of jeans for me as well. When I got back to the hotel, everything fit perfectly except one shirt. My jeans also fit but I noticed a large tear along the rear seam. I returned the following day to return the shirt and jeans, receipt in hand. After standing in a line for 30 minutes, they took back the shirt but informed me that my $16 jeans were non returnable.

I informed them that the jeans were torn and I did not remove any tags, but they said a tag was missing so they were not returnable. I said the tag they used to charge me for them was still on so surely they could use the same tag and receipt to do the return. They acted like I tore the jeans and implied I was trying to return worn and used jeans. They were non apologetic and rude. I am deeply disappointed and will no longer shop at TJ Maxx. If it weren’t for the fact that the jeans were only $16, I would have made a bigger stink. But on the flip side, it was only $16 so I feel they could have made the return. They sold me a pair of ripped jeans and refused to take them back. Shady business, dishonest business and now no more business from me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Worst company with their credits. Company they are like mafia. I have dealt with many companies and they never did it to me like that! I'm really disappointed. I don't recommend them to anyone who's willing to open a credit with TJX.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I purchased a shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner treatment expecting to be good for my hair, but after a week totally damaged my hair, first time this happens to me, very traumatic experience. The worse their return policy if is open and used not return at all. How you will know if something will damage your hair if you don't used? Worse products ever and not original, terrible return policy and customer service at Fry rd in Katy Tx.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I love Yuma but they need to exterminate because I found roaches in the store. Is sad because I don’t want to purchase at temazcal. I don’t want to bring this roaches to my house in the products I buy in this store. They have lack of cleaning.

TJ Maxx Company Information