2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

TJ Maxx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Sharon at cascade mall in Burlington Washington was so sweet and helpful. I never had anyone be so kind at all my times shopping anywhere! I will definitely go back because of Sharon. It was also very organized and clean. :)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Perhaps the Harriman NY store is under new management but it looks and feels lousy. :( I don't mind ethnicity however this store's employees are always speaking in their native languages. Will not shop here anymore. I like to stroll stores in peace and enjoy stores that offer good customer service however here, the staff speak very loud to each other and stock the shelves while speaking in their native language on their cell phones. No staff member will ever greet you at the door upon arrival or exit. Sorry this store went south so fast. :(

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We wanted to looked at some jewelry TJ Maxx Cherrydale and Anna was her name the women who take care of us, she had like bob short hair Style, with kind of ombré hair color. Was very rude, 0 customer service. If you don’t want to work in the customer service field for whatever reason then pick a job from home where you don’t have to talk to people.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I was at the Brier creek store and was checking out with over $100 worth of items. One item was damaged and I was wondering if it could be discounted. Vikki at the front was very rude and made me feel uncomfortable about even asking, by continuously saying comments about how busy she is right now. She phoned the manager however they made us wait 30 minutes to give me a $5 discount. They made me feel like I was doing something wrong, even after buying so many items. As a new homeowner I spend hundreds of dollars here a month. I was extremely uncomfortable and will not be going back anytime soon. To me it’s not about getting a discount, it’s about the way I was treated. Maybe more help at customer service would have helped.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

About to pay for our purchase when we realized we didn't have our TJ MAXX card on hand. Good thing TJ MAXX has an app and in it is a virtual card that you can present any time to pay. So, we presented our phone with the virtual card but we were told that they don't process payments like that. That they need the actual card to insert to the terminal. My wife was shocked as she have done it multiple times already with the same store. But the associate was adamant that they do not process payments like that. Clearly a training was needed for that associate and other staff there about this type of payment method. Yes, I am including other associates because this cashier asked her colleagues about the process and all of them said the same thing. It was really disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I placed an order on December 8, 2020 and did not receive what I ordered and TJ Maxx can see through the tracking number that the package was not delivered. I contacted TJ Maxx and requested a refund, I was told to contact them again on December 31st 2020 for them to issue a refund. Bad customer service overall. I just started shopping at this store and never again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I Recently ordered two Laneige lip sleeping masks as gifts from T.J. Maxx online. A great deal, delivered quickly. HOWEVER, A super sticky, price tag covered the ENTIRE side of each of the items. Not like the ones they use in the store, this tag seemed more like a product inventory sorting sticker! IMPOSSIBLE to remove...very unattractive for a gift! I am so disappointed in THE MAXX! It looks like I found it in the bargain bin at a grocery store! I will have to keep them for myself... UGH!???

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I bought a baby alive for my 6 year old granddaughter. It’s the only thing she asked for. It came in a bag! The box was ruined. But I can’t find this doll anywhere, unless I pay $115. I talked to 7 different people, and asked for supervisors. All telling me the supervisor is busy!!! They told me take the doll off the box and put it in a box!! A 6 yr old child wants what they see - the nice box with it. Couldn’t get that through their head. Don’t ever buy from them. This has happened to me several times. I’m sticking with Amazon.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I would like to say thanks for the excellent manager Cindy R for her service and for help me, and the staff in the door Stephanie & Brianna. All team are very polite, and nice! The store for me is very organized and clean. I recommend this store! My number 1.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I ask how much would they take off. There was a damage shelf and she would take off only 1.00 which is ridiculous when the same wooden shelf was damaged at HomeGoods and they took 50 percent off. This was more damage and to only take 10 percent is ridiculous but she was rude as well.

TJ Maxx Company Information