2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

TJ Maxx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

While many of their selections seem cheaply made, one could find a few gems here and there. One’s luck can vary from day to day. One week in November, I found a few Chanukah items on a table; the next week, there were none in the entire store - not even a greeting card, nothing! Their bathroom needs to be kept cleaner. I’ve had poor luck with their handbags; they are very flimsy, with hardware that breaks easily. This past summer, I bought two nice swimsuits, each with a great fit, which was no small task, nor an easy find.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

LOVE this store. I am NOT a shopper, never liked going into a store to LOOK, got what I needed when I NEEDED it and left. Then I received a gift card to TJ MAXX. I wanted to get something I NEEDED.... So I browsed. I found stuff for the grandchildren (no matter the age), gifts for my husband who is BIG and TALL, gifts for girls in card clubs, (belong to two), birthday cards, sheets or towels, my favorite perfume, crystal cleaner for my dining room chandelier, a FUN looking broom, room fresheners, gloves, scarfs cheater eyeglasses, wreaths for the season, new wine glasses. Needless to say, I now needed another gift card as I have definitely become a MAXXINISTA!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I ordered a small home decor item that sold out quickly on their website and it arrived broken. The item itself came in its own box that had sufficient packaging around it, but none inside the box to protect the figurine. So it jostled around the entire trip and was a mess by the time it got to me. Super frustrating, especially since I can't re-order the item, but I used their online contact form to send my order number and explained what happened. I got a call back from a customer service rep who made it right. I'm knocking a star off for the packaging and wish the shipping department would consider that merchandise boxes sometimes need peanuts or bubble wrap poured into them to fill the empty space.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

A friend suggested that I go to TJ Maxx to look for workout equipment. I wasn't sure where to look so I asked the first employee that I came across.. The employee took me right to the equipment. Although the supply was not huge, they had what I wanted and the price was reasonable. Instead of looking all over town I bought resistance tubes, bands, and a yoga mat.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I stopped by T.J. Maxx last week to finish off a card I was issued years ago. Upon entering the store, I scrutinized men's clothing, but, wasn't in need of anything. I looked throughout the store, but, again, couldn't find anything I needed. But, then, I found myself directly in front of the Jewelry section. I waited my turn to be served, and as I surveyed the counter, there wasn't anything I particularly liked.

Then, Renee, who was extremely competent, affable and helpful, stirred me over in another direction, where I saw merchandise that captured my fancy. I looked at several rings, and finally chose one. Renee informed me about its designer, composition and assisted me in espying how it looked on me. It wasn't priced, and so Renee had to get the price tagged on it, and then, see returned, polite and professional as ever, and proceeded to ring up my bill. It was a welcomed experience, particularly, with so much incompetence, today. Renee is definitely an asset to T.J. Maxx store; I hope she's there whenever I venture in...

Sincerely,

Alan

Original review: July 4, 2020

On 7/3/20, I went to return a damaged necklace purchased 3 weeks ago out of state. The sales associate seem to be upset that I wanted to return it. She made a big deal about it being purchased a " couple of days ago " . It was 6/17/20 when I purchased it. She (Tracy asked me for the receipt. I told her, I have the receipt. SHE WAS RUDE! HER TONE WAS NASTY. Tracy called the manager, Jamila that appeared to understand the situation. Jamila stated she had to run it in the system because it did not have the original tag . It did.

She came back, said, it was not in the system but she looked it up in a book, the book said, the necklace was 14 kt gold when the necklace is 10kt gold. No where on the tag does it 14kt or 10kt . Therefore , she refused to return it. I had her called the out of state store because it still had the original ticket on it. She lied and said, it did not have a ticket on it but she took the ticket off the merchandise. After, I told her, she lied , she did tell them the ticket was on it but I was in Michigan now for the next month. I will not be able to return the damage merchandise. This is an example of poor customer service. Customers should not be denied refund or exchanges because a tag does not say 10kt, 14kt, or no it. The necklace was $129 dollars. For customer service. I rate this store a zero!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have been a very loyal customer for many many many years. I stopped using a few of my credit cards and store cards for a while because of financial reasons. I continued to shop at TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and HomeGoods but paid with the only credit card I decided to charge everything on or I paid cash. I have stacks of receipts to prove that. The appreciation I received from this company was by far the most unfair thing they could have done to me especially in the corona situation.

The supervisor I spoke to about the issue was cold & had nothing to say but sorry but if you don’t charge on our card we can cancel it at anytime without giving you a notice. This company has no mercy and when you treat your customers in a careless manner you’re time will one day come when your doors will shutdown because without loyal customers like myself you have nothing. This company is a true disappointment and should be ashamed of themselves. If I could rate them less than one star I would. I hope my story can help others. MARY **.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I went to T.J.Maxx on my way home. Been a long time I visit this store. Mostly I go to HomeGoods, I purchased 1 set pillows $15. Nothing else. Now I’m home I see that the women behind the register charged me another $1,49 for Vitamin water, I don’t drink this stuff because I have gut issues. Now I have to drive all the way back to that store to complain, I have to do this otherwise she is going to scam people again. So be aware people. Check your receipt before you leave the store!!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I love the selection at Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshall’s. I spend thousands of dollars in these stores monthly. I have for many years. Today is the last day I will go into any of these stores. People who want to take their dogs shopping at these stores have more rights than I do as a decades old customer. I am highly allergic to dogs, etc. Recently, last couple of years?) I have gone home sick or had to leave early because my throat closes up, my eyes burn and my chest feels heavy. I took allergy meds before going to these stores but come home very ill.

I am going to see my doctor to verify this is or is not the reason I get ill every time I go into your stores. I love dogs and I know how important they are to their owners. But to risk the health of others is to say you favor customers who want to take their dogs shopping. Very disappointed. No I will not shop online so your other customers can take their dogs into the store. It’s totally unnecessary as we are not talking about service dogs.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Shopping at TJMaxx gives me the opportunity to buy name brand, better quality merch for less. New clearance items are well worth checking out every week. They also offer online shopping with easy returns at local store available.

TJ Maxx Company Information