3.73/5

355 TJ Maxx Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

While shopping at TJ Maxx Brickyard on a very busy day, the cashier Judy provided exceptional service as she was very friendly professional and also helpful. She seemed to really know her business and her friendly attitude really made my day! I will definitely be back and look forward to seeing Judy again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Helped at register by cashier Alyssa **. This cashier was very helpful. She gave me a positive shopping experience, was very polite, and worked fast. This person was knowledgeable about policies and procedures. Return was made on 12/10/18 at 8:53:35. Survey number **.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I had to purchase several items of clothing for upcoming trip and went to the fitting room to try on the clothes. Fitting room assistant, whose name was Mazol, was very polite, knowledgeable and helpful in locating the right sizes for me and making my shopping experience pleasant and enjoyable. I bought several items and at checkout I got Mazol as my cashier again and she was very quick, efficient, and most pleasant cashier I have met in a long time. I am so grateful for her personal touch and help with my purchases. I wish more customer service assistants and cashiers were more like Mazol.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I placed an order online 2 weeks ago. After seeing they were pretty slow to ship my order, I looked at their reviews and got extremely concerned. Today, all of my items arrived and they're undamaged. I likely will stick to shopping in their stores, as I'm hesitant to shop online again given the other reviews. If you are looking at the reviews after you've already placed an order like I did, I would try not to panic, as you may not have any issues.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The box was damaged and had holes in it. Some of the hardware was missing and one piece of wood was cracked/damaged. It’s a pretty bench but the hinges don’t work properly and the hardware was cheap. My husband had to buy new hardware and fix the big long crack. I guess you get what you pay for!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I called TJ Maxx about the wrong amount of rewards applied to my account. After almost 30 minutes on hold they finally said they would contact Synchrony regarding the error and it would take 30 to 60 days to be resolved. Needless to say, I am NOT going to use my TJ Maxx card for anything but the stores they represent because I don't want to monitor their accuracy all the time. I don't believe this error was a mistake, but them hoping I wouldn't check. This should all be computerized so how could the mistake occur?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I applied for a TJX Rewards card because of an advertisement on your website stating that if I applied for a card I could place my order today and get 10% off. I did just that, was approved for a card and received an email stating "Congratulations I**. You can shop in-store or online today using your TJX Rewards credit card by accessing your temporary shopping pass." A link was provided and when I entered my last name, social and zip code as requested, I received this message. "The temporary shopping pass cannot be retrieved. Please return to the previous page to review your information for accuracy and resubmit. If you are still having problems, please contact customer service at TJX Rewards Credit Card: 1-800-952-6133 or TJX Rewards Platinum Mastercard: 1-877-890-3150."

I called and spoke with Toni Employee ID: ** and Jonathan Employee ID: **, who unfortunately were of no assistance to me. As a matter of fact, it seems Toni had no idea why the link wasn't working but stated that this is a known issue that keeps happening but there was nothing she could do. And Jonathan, who is supposed to be a supervising manager of the sorts, actually seems to be a fast-talking con man. He kept going in circles saying the same thing over and over and yet giving me no help at all. Why is TJ MAXX false advertising that persons can apply for a card, use it right away with a temporary shopping pass and get 10% off of the first purchase with the card? Neither one of them offered me another alternative for this tremendous inconvenience.

I had to unfreeze my Equifax account to apply for this card, allow a hard pull on my social from TJ Maxx, all to be told that I can make the purchase with my own credit card today but that I cannot even get a 10% discount for my troubles???? UNREALl! Neither Toni nor Jonathan offered me that option or any other option for the tremendous inconvenience. I am very disappointed with the service I received today over the phone to the point that I do not even want the damn card anymore and I absolutely do not want to give TJ Maxx one red cent of my money after their misrepresentations and false advertisement and having been treated the way that I was treated today!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I purchased a pair of shoes from TJ Maxx and they just were just ok so I sent them back. No big deal. TJ Maxx sent them back to me saying the shoes had been worn. They absolutely were never worn, other than about 10 seconds in my kitchen when I tried them on. I thought there had been some mistake so I went through their appeals process and ultimately it came down to a small spot on the inner side of the shoe that looked worn. I thought the same thing when I opened the box, but it was not from me trying them on in my kitchen.

I’m not sure how their inventory is stored but the shoes probably sat in inventory for months in heat/cold which could have made a worn looking spot where the suede sat. The tags were still on, the shoes were never worn. I live in a small town and have to do a lot of shopping online. I’ve never had so much trouble with a store before. I will never order from them again. Very weird situation. I ended up filing a claim through my bank and was refunded the amount for the shoes.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I used a TJ Maxx gift card to purchase online. My first payment through credit card was unsuccessful because there was a discrepancy on the credit card details so I had to repeat the payment process. When I reentered the gift card number for the payment, the site said that my gift card is already empty. Now, the code was useless because I was not able to use it in the first place but is balance already ZEROED. Is there any way for me to retrieve the gift card credit that I was not able to use in the first place?

Original review: May 23, 2019

On 5/23/2019 at 6:06PM, I called the customer service number located on my billing statement, 1-877-822-2015, with questions about my account. My call was quickly transferred to a customer service AI, the information and payment history it gave me did not match the information and payment history I saw online on my TJX Rewards Platinum Mastercard account. Then I was given the option to proceed and speak with a customer service representative, and I said YES. Soon after, I was connected to a lady, whom asked for my name-which I gave, we exchange a few more words, however, she couldn't help me so she went on to tell me to stay on the line and I will be connected to another representative.

Therefore, I stayed on the line and I heard another AI ask for a 6 digit account number of some sort, I did not understand what it meant, so I stayed quiet hoping I will be reconnected to another rep., and I was. After the AI asked me 3 times, I was reconnected to another male representative, he asked the same question, from what I recall, something along the lines of, "Can I have your 6 digit account number?" I still did not understand, so I said something like, "Where can I find that, because all I see on my payment letter is my 16 digit card number."

All he proceeded to say was something like, "No, it's your 6 digit account number." So I logged back into my rewards account online, and was still very confused, so I asked him where I can find that, HOWEVER her just remained silent for a couple seconds and HUNG UP! What happened to my customer service?? And my unanswered question from an innocent loyal customer?? I've never experienced a customer service representative hanging up on me from any other department store before, how absurd.

TJ Maxx Company Information