1.11/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

TJ Maxx

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

270 TJ Maxx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

If I can give them -5 stars I would! I ordered chairs. They were delayed in coming in. When I called, they said they would sent a gift card in the mail... never got it! Called again and they said they would sent me 20% next order because the chairs were damaged... never got it! And called, spent an hour on the phone with them... and all they would offer me is 10% off. Are you kidding me! Terrible customer service! They don’t care about losing customers AT ALL!!! Don’t waste your time buying from them! Very very very bad! Very bad!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

TJ MAXX has the worst online shopping experience and terrible customer service. I ordered a kitchen mixer (KitchenAid 6 quart Mixer) online on 1/21/18 at a clearance price. Late on the 25th I received a cancellation email stating item was unavailable. I searched the website and found the same exact item for more money. I contacted customer service who showed absolutely no interest in adjusting the price for a new order of the SAME item which was supposed to be UNAVAILABLE. I then called the corporate office in Massachusetts and spoke to a high level employee who also had NO interest or understanding of their error and said there was nothing she could do. Their business practices border on fraud or bait and switch.

TJ Maxx doesn't care about their customers. They operate their business with no concern for the consumer and their customer service staff are extremely rude. I will no longer shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or HomeGoods. I have never experienced such poor customer service with any other retailer. Please show with people like AMAZON, they will continue to have my business and my money from now on!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I should've listened at the very beginning! If you could please shop at other store PLEASE do that if you don't wanna stress out about how awful they treat their customers. First time I did this was I had waited a long time for my orders and ended up getting cancelled. Now my second time (hoping it'd be different this time) they did the same thing! I had place 6 items. It took them 6 days to finally shipped it, and this time there's only 5 out of 6 being shipped! Contacted the store multiple times regarding my order but left with only an automated reply saying customer service representative will respond shortly. I waited LONGGG hours but no reply! Terrible! I'm pissed, mad, angry, disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of sunglasses online 0n 1/13/18 at a clearance price. On the 22nd I received a cancellation email stating item was unavailable. I searched the website and found the same exact pair under a different style # and for double the clearance price. I contacted customer service who showed absolutely no interest in adjusting the price for a new order of the SAME item which was supposed to be UNAVAILABLE. I then called the corporate office in Framingham and spoke to a high level employee who also had NO interest or understanding of their error and said there was nothing she could do.

TJ Maxx doesn't care about their customers. They operate their business with greed and little concern for the customer. They are only interested in filling the Ceo and upper management's pockets and meeting their sales to ensure big fat hefty bonuses.I am closing my platinum MasterCard account and will no longer shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Home Goods. I have never experienced such poor customer service with any other retailer. AMAZON, you have my business and my money from now on!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

While shopping in TJ Maxx I found a sweater that I really liked, so I decided that I would buy two of them so that when the first one started looking bad I'd have a backup (that's how much I liked it). I looked through all the racks and could not find another one, I asked one of the sales associates on the sales floor and she said "all of our merchandise is out", and walked away. So I purchased the sweater (along with about 5 other shirts) and went home. Not thinking I took all the tags off and threw them away, then a few days later I decided that I would try contacting the TJ Maxx corporate office to see if they could help me find more sweaters. I took a photograph of the sweater, a close of photo of the tag in the neck, and a photo of my receipt. I called TJ Maxx and they said that they cannot help me. They told me to go back to my TJ Maxx and look through the racks.

I assured them that I had already done this and I said that surely this sweater exists at some of the other TJ Maxx stores, if I could email the photo to various stores they could look and see if they have it. He said that they do not have email addresses. I said, well, they do have email addresses but they just don't care enough about customer service to allow a customer to email them. Oh well, a lost sale for them. The fitting room attendant was very rude too, as if she held the key to the Emerald City and I should bow down to her and kiss her feet just to enter. Such a shame, they have cute things, if they would put some effort into good customer service they could be a really great store. I don't go there very often as a result.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

They clearly posted special return policy for the Holidays. I brought back a shirt and pair of jeans that were given to me as a gift. The tags were still attached with price and stock number. I asked for a store credit per the posted return policy. I was told that the Cupertino, CA store does not honor that policy. I asked why they had the sign posted at their front door and I got a blank stare. I requested a manager and Salma, the manager, pointed out the line on their regular return policy sign that states "exceptions apply" and said that covered them. The special holiday sign says no such thing. I suggested that they take the sign down if they have no intention of honoring it. Again, I got a blank stare. I canceled my TJ Maxx platinum Mastercard and will not be shopping there anymore.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

This is my experience from TJ Maxx in Cerritos CA. If you make return without a receipt. The store will not give you a full refund nor credit for the price you pay. Example item $14.99. Refund will be $9.99 without receipt. Almost 35% they take from customer. Without receipt they will give you the lowest ticket price. This policy need to be stated on their return policy book. When I call Corporate. They tell me, "As long as you have the tag you should get the amount that you paid." I know this TJ Maxx is not following corporate policy. Poor management. I got my full refund after having Corporate call the store. Very Inconvenient.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Just before Thanksgiving I decided to start Christmas shopping, and ordered a cashmere robe for my future Daughter in law. And I mean just newly engaged son and future daughter in law. Upon seeing this robe I believed it could be a great gift for her. Personal, but beautiful and I know how much she loves robes. First off it took more than 2 weeks to receive, and when received it was a grey cashmere sweater versus the robe. I called and said I needed to return the item, and went to UPS to drop it off the next day. It was received November 30th. Weeks after they received the package back I called to find out when the return was being taken care of since it did not post to my account. They said 10-14 business days for the return to be processed. I then called again after 2-1/2 weeks. And then again and then again on December 27th in which customer service said they would make sure it was elevated to immediate (meaning 2 more days at least).

Then I called on January 4th and still nothing showing for the return. Understand I paid for this via PayPal and under the TJ Maxx return policy they will only give you a credit if you pay with PayPal and you return it to the store via shipping it back (I wish they posted that information ahead of time...), so I shipped it back.

Since the last call I decided to immediately contact PayPal, and now they are contacting TJ Maxx and will make sure the refund of $104 will be credited to me.

Every other company and online experience I dealt with while shopping and using PayPal gave me no problem with returns if needed, except this one. All I can say is this company is not REPUTABLE and when you want to make a return, they make it very difficult and you CANNOT!!! Never will I shop here again... and I mean never!!! The stores lately are very shabby and they do not have the product they did in the past... Extremely disappointing how they do not care for their customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased 4 items at TJ Maxx in Clairemont and decided to return two of them a few days later, a shirt and a jacket. The shirt didn't fit well. I wore it for a 1/2 day at work before discovering that and actually went home to change during my lunch. The jacket never left the backseat of my car because I noticed that it was a dirt magnet, anything it came in contact with seemed to find a new home there, and I could tell wearing out would be a struggle to look put together. I had the original receipts, and the tags (though they had been removed from the shirt) and was still denied return by the store manager, Denny. His reason being that the collar of the shirt indicated that it had been worn, and the jacket was dirty. Well, yes. TJ Maxx return policy says tags must remain on undergarments and they are to be returned clean. Nothing about a button up shirt or a jacket screams underwear to me.

Going back and forth with this older gay man became embarrassing when his voice raised to the point where the people standing 15 feet behind me waiting their turn became uncomfortable. Something about me either rubbed him the wrong way or he is like this to everyone. Either way, totally unacceptable. Does anybody want a poorly stitched shirt or a jacket made out of lint roller sheets? I happen to have some... and I am not happy about it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I went to TJ Maxx to purchase a "smart watch" for my husband for Xmas. The girl at the Jewelry counter, told me it was a smart watch and the functionality was what I wanted. So, I purchased it for 129.99. Christmas Day I gave it to my husband, and he looked at the book only to find out, the only function it had was "steps." No Phone notification, no photo taking. We decided to bring it back to the store within 7 days after Christmas, only to have the store inform us they would not accept it because the price ticket was NOT on the item. I explained it was a GIFT and you remove the price, if it is a gift... First it was misrepresented, then I can't get what I wanted... NEVER SHOP TJ MAXX!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was returning items I had bought 2 days before. The lady ringing them up did not know if she could return a smart watch I had bought, so she got the manager. The manager said they don't return those. I asked where it said that at? And if I could talk to her manager. She then decided to let me return it, but first went thru the product piece by piece accusing me of every little thing and changing her mind back and forth if she would return it. There was a huge line, and she kept talking to me like I was 4 years old. Purposely being very slow and trying her hardest to humiliate me. I again ask for the name of her manager and she refused to give it to me. I asked for a pen and they refused to let me use one. They wouldn’t even let me sign the receipt that I was suppose to sign and then shorted me $5!!! I have never reported a complaint or reviewed a store until now. I will never shop there again until the two of them are gone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Whose brilliant move was it, to fill a cattle stall with merchandise and increase customers' wait time. You are losing holiday business, and maybe customers. All of your stores: Marshalls, HomeGoods and TJ Maxx, have cattle stalls that customers single file through, while they are bombarded with merchandise to distract them from the wait time. Although the stores have unique merchandise, I will not shop there during this Holiday. Nashua NH Stores have despicably long wait times. Most often I just leave my cart in the line and leave the store frustrated. Maybe I come back the next day or not. This is all due to cutting back on labor costs to make the customer wait.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

According to their rewards promotion, if you sign up and use their card at one of their stores (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods or Sierra Trading Post) you are suppose to receive a $10 reward certificate for every $200 you spend. In addition, they offered a 2000 PT sign up bonus and from time they offered bonuses if you used the card at other venues 3 times within 30 days. I signed up for the card and when I did I also signed up for paperless statements. With paper statements, you receive the reward certificate when you earn it as part of your statement - it is printed right on the last page. With paperless statements, the certificate is blacked out on the statement (so you cannot print it out) but there is an indication that you will receive it in the mail. When I did not receive my certificate, I called them, and they said they would mail a replacement certificate. I never received that one either.

Over the course of a year, I spent over $1300 at their stores and never received the reward certificates to which I was entitled. When I called to find out why, they said the certificates had been mailed to me. I asked if they could verify that I had not used them, and once they verified this was so, could they send me replacement certificates. They said there was no way for them to verify whether or not the certificates had been used. I really could not believe that what they were telling me was true, and if it is, I cannot believe that the rewards program was set up so haphazardly that they could not check if a reward certificate had been used or not. Each certificate is unique and barcoded, so it would have been very easy to check if they were used or not.

When they insisted they could not do so, I asked them to immediately cancel my TJ Maxx "rewards" credit card. I have other credit cards that offer rewards that I can use that actually give you the rewards you earn. This one did not, and their rewards website does not have any way of tracking how many rewards you've earned and how many you have used. I found this very strange as well. I can go to any of my other credit card websites and obtain information on rewards I've earned whenever I want. I honestly do not believe TJ Maxx wants to "reward" you for shopping at their stores, if they do, they should have set up their reward program like any other retail/bank credit card program, so they can replace lost or missing reward certificates in order to satisfy their customers and keep them happy... After all, the customers earned the rewards so they are entitled to receive them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The saleswoman and the manager TJ MAXX at Destiny USA should be ashamed of ruining my daughters day! We were picking up presents but the loading woman kept pushing my girls away in the toys section and said be careful to my girls with a nasty attitude although my daughters did not even begin to pick up toys! I told her she was not doing her job well since she was harassing my daughters. To my great surprise, she asked for the manager. Rather than apologizing, she accused me of being loud! To protect my girls from experiencing this ugliness, we left without saying anything more. TWO disgusting women who do not deserve to have kids! They ruined our day! Shame on them!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Can't believe in today's market TJ Maxx can do such things. They sold Swiss watch to me, keep item available on website for another 3 days and week later email to me to declare that item was not available and they can't fulfill the order. Customer service was less than helpful, and have no desire to solve the problem. Very very disappointed. They change my opinion about TJ Maxx 180 degrees!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The interest rate is crazy high, but that’s not the worst. I’ve had the card for over a year, and I have charged a lot on it. Unfortunately I have never received the reward certificates that I should have been getting the whole time. After a cashier in the store told me I should have been receiving them, I started trying to sort it out. My first attempt was via their website, although I didn’t get anywhere.

Then I started calling. Countless hours on the phone with various people, and 3 months after the first call, it is still not sorted out, I have still not received my reward certificates, although I’ve been promised for three months that they would be “coming with this month's statement”. After pressing the issue, one manager did give me a $25.00 credit on my account, but considering I had to press for it and $150.00 is still MIA, I am not satisfied with that. It has been very disappointing to see how inept these people are to correct this situation or to take ownership of the issue. I would strongly discourage anyone from opening this credit card.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

It's so sad how these people operate, but I will say this is my last credit card and my worst experienced. I spoke to a lady on September 2017. Found out I couldn't make no payments at the store, so I spoke to a live person and did my first payment. Then I realized I never received October bill and right away they had a late fee of 25.00 that I wasn't aware of, because the lady I spoke to on Sept decided to make my bill via email without my consent. As I go to purchased some items I swipe the card just to know it said declined and I said it can't be. I still have money on the card because is the second time using it. So I couldn't buy my items, I call them directly while I was still in TJ Maxx and was told that my card was declined over non-payment for October payment and Now Nov bill that is not due to the 14 of this month. My bill is 128.00 total in which is ridiculous, I can understand if I owed 500.00 or + but for chump change they declined my card.

I made a 65.00 payment for both card today only to find out I have to wait 24 hrs to 48 hrs before it posts to my account, in which it leads me with 38.00 balanced and once is paid in full. They can all go screw themselves because of that. My credit score dropped 2 points. I have 5 other credit cards and I never had any problems and with this card I have. Is one of the worst, I told my friends and family not to purchased this BS card. Seeing now 253 complaints + counting I'm really letting this card go!! Ty for the headache and the stress you bunch of fools have caused me. Soon you will lose another value customer... And I hope and pray you lose customers every single day. All you hear from these fools sorry about this and that yeah ok.✌

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After paying off several accounts, including TJMaxx credit card, they entered a fee of $58.00 which I was not aware of. I asked them to keep my account opened but wanted to pay off the balance of $585. I paid a total of $600.00 over the required balance to cover any additional fees if any were to be applied. I never went back to this account because I had no balance, I thought. 4+ months later, I go to purchase a vehicle and find out my credit score had dropped, I check and discovered that TJMaxx added a $30 fee that had been accruing interest. They closed my account for a $58.00 balance!!! That dinged my credit.

I called them and they said they could not speak with me because I had no account. FRUSTRATING!! I have all my documentation to dispute this inaccurate reporting and will never shop, refer anyone to shop there much less open up a credit card with TJMaxx who also owns Marshalls and Home Goods! They DON'T CARE about us, the consumers. Buyers BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Great customer service and returns. They accepted my clothes back even though they got a little wet from the rain outside. Only reason why I didn't give 5 stars is because the store is a bit of a mess...

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I ordered a medium coat and was sent an xs small and when I called to have the issue corrected I was told that I cannot return it to a TJ Maxx store. I would have to send it back through the mail to have to wait for them to receive it in order for them to send me back the correct size plus pay an additional fee??? This is the first and last time I will be buying from this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I do quite a bit of online shopping because of all the sale alerts I get on my email so I thought I'd give TJ Maxx a try. Among other items I purchased I got some faux fur rabbit pillows. They came in sets of 2 so I ordered 2 sets for a total of 4 pillows. Of course they do multiple shipments which wasn't too bad since they would arrive just 1 day apart. Received the first shipment on Thursday 10/12/17 and although the slip they include with the order stated that only 1 of the 2 sets I ordered was in this shipment I actually got both sets except that one of the sets was missing a pillow. So I called right away and was told not to worry it will be in the next shipment. So the next day Friday 10/13/17 I opened the box to find out that an item from the order was in it with the slip pertaining to that item and also just a slip for 1 set of faux fur rabbit pillows except there was no pillows in there. So called again and of course they were closed.

Tried calling on Saturday morning but they're closed on the weekends. Finally spoke with a Connie this morning, Monday 10/16/17 and you'd think she would be helpful (I forgot to mention I had also emailed them twice and received an automated reply that someone would respond to me in the order the email was received - never heard back from anyone on that). So Connie said that per tracking number on the items everything was shipped, which I agree that's what shows but whoever packed my things instead of the set, left a pillow out. So the solution of the customer service lady was that they will check with the warehouse (what a joke) to see if that pillow can be found and if so it will be sent to me, otherwise I will get the refund for the one pillow missing.

Ummm so what do I do with just three pillows when I need 4??? That wasn't her problem. I said I want the pillow ma'am not a refund and she stated that she could place another order for me but I would be charged for it. Doesn't make much sense hey, since they screwed up now I would have to pay for an extra order? I asked if I can return the 3 pillows to a store, if she can send me an email of what has happened she said no they won't take them in store because I'm missing one. Whoooaaa right because your company apparently sucks and didn't send me what I paid for.

So now I have to wait probably 5 days and I will call them back again, because I hardly doubt anyone will follow up with me. I've purchased things from Macy's, Boston Store, Buckle, Amazon, Asos (overseas in London) never had an issue. Lesson learned with TJ Maxx. I wish I would've read reviews before I decided to spend $162 online and have to go through all this.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have been a TJ Maxx store shopper for many years & for the first time last month I shopped at TJ Maxx online and ordered a console table online price $129.99 + tax. When I received the order & opened the box, right away I could see that the table was very badly damaged. Besides the heavyweight it was simple enough to return since the UPS return label is included with the box & UPS is very close to my home.

The table was shipped by UPS on 9/14/17 & was received by TJ Maxx on 9/18/17, today is 10/13/17 & my credit card still has not been credited for the amount of $137. After calling TJ Maxx on three different occasions, each time I was told that my refund would be processed & credited back to my credit card within 3 to 5 business days.

Today I called again & asked for a supervisor, of course they were all busy but thankfully the Rep Sharon processed the refund while I was on hold & gave me a confirmation number as well. Of course it will take 3 to 5 business days so maybe I will finally receive it by 10/20/17, I hope because I really don't want to call them again & I will never order online again. There is a company called 6pm.com that I shop online a lot, they credit my account the same day or very next day after receiving merchandise back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The shoes don't even come in wide, and most don't even come in size 11! After reading all the other negative reviews here, I shall never again do business with them and with Home Goods, which I never knew they owned.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Shopped at the Allen, Texas TJ Maxx & Home Goods Store on 10/04/17. At check-out I was asked if I would like to join their rewards program. As many of the stores in my area have rewards programs that help you save money on purchases, I decided that I would join. I filled out my name, e-mail address, SS number handed it to the cashier. She entered some information into her register and a couple minutes later told me I was approved. Then she asked me if I would like to use my new card to pay for my purchases that day. I asked her if this was some type of debit card like Target has and she told me no, that it was a credit card. At no time during our conversation regarding the rewards program did she mention anything about a credit card. I paid for my purchases with my Discover Card and left the store.

I was very upset that I was tricked into signing up for a credit card! I did not want anyone running a credit check on me at this time. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. I called this evening and cancelled the TJ Maxx credit card. I am very dissatisfied in the way this transaction was handled. If the way this transaction was handled by the cashier is how TJ Maxx trains their staff, I am very disappointed in this company. I question whether I will return to shop at TJ Maxx.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Save yourself time, frustration and headache and avoid shopping at tjmaxx.com. At all costs!!! I do most of my shopping online and thought I had a pretty good idea about reliability of websites I usually shop at. I got curious about TJ Maxx website, it’s a fairly big company and well-known retail store. Well, almost two months after initial order placement, I have never received the items I ordered, tracking number never showed any activity, and thus far 4 calls have been made to Customer Service, and I still have yet to receive a refund for the items I never received and a tracking number that was never trackable. This experience has forever tainted a desire to shop online or in-store at any store owned by TJX Companies such as Marshalls, HomeGoods and most certainly TJ Maxx.

Here is a timeline of events: Order # **. Order placed on: 07/28. Order Shipped Email: 08/02. TRACKING # **. Tracking number provided, but never showed any activity at all. 1st Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 08/15. Was told there would be a claim filed and an investigation done as to what happened to the items that were supposed to ship, may take up to 10 days to get my refund. Can I just cancel the order and get a refund? No, they must “investigate”. 2nd Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/13. Almost a month later still no refund. Was immediately told I’d be getting a refund and it will show up on my account within 3-5 days. That was too easy, but let’s hope that’s the end of it. 3rd Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/20. Still no refund.

Was told there are no notes to the order about a refund or even a filed claim. They would need to file the claim/investigation and once again it would take up to 10 days. Asked to speak to someone higher up, since it’s been almost 2 months, and a ridiculous amount of time spent calling customer service. Was told no manager is available but someone would call back within next 2 days. 4th Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/21. No call back from the manager within 24 hours, not going to take another day to wait. Was told that my case will be escalated and I will be getting a refund in 3-5 days. 09/27: Sent an email with the same details mentioned here to customer service, obviously not hoping for much at this point. Today is September 27, 3017, and still no refund is appearing on my account. 2 months, 4 calls, 1 email, endless frustration and $107 that TJ Maxx has basically stolen from me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I purchased a Kenneth Cole suitcase 9/3/17. Used it for the first time on 9/21 and the handle popped off and broke before I got it out the door. TJ Maxx refused to take it back saying I had to contact Kenneth Cole. Of course since it was purchased from Kenneth Cole they gave me a number of a company that does their repairs and said I had to send a picture of the problem. So, right now I do not know if the handle is even covered under warranty or not. What I do know is that I may not ever purchase a Kenneth Cole piece of luggage again (at least with this handle design) and I know for a fact that I will NEVER step foot in a TJ Maxx again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I live in a fairly rural area and am an avid online shopper. I have been appalled by the poor service and complete lack of customer service after TJ Maxx sent me the wrong item from an online purchase. I ordered two large woven baskets online and paid for the purchase and $10 of shipping with a gift card. They sent me the wrong item. I called the customer service line (waited 20 minutes to speak to someone) as I did not want to have to pay shipping to send the wrong item back. I do not live close to a TJ Maxx store or UPS store so I asked if they could send return label through USPS, but they do not offer this. I was also told during this first call that I "could call back and receive free shipping" AFTER I mailed the wrong item back and they received it. Also, I would have to wait days for the gift card to arrive in the mail (the item I wanted was low in stock so all this waiting made me nervous).

I received the gift card and called in to customer service (25 min wait plus multiple holds during the call) to order the product that I originally ordered but did not want to have to pay shipping on it so they did not reimburse that on the gift card. The rep. tried to place the order and I had to read my original order number and gift card number repeatedly. She then told me the gift card processor must not be working. I'll have to try again another day. I explained this is time consuming and this is no fault of my own. I have a young child and 45 minutes of phone time is hard to come by more less not how I want to spend my time. She said she could not help me. I'd have to call back. Then I called back and this rep. also could not run the gift card and said he wouldn't be so presumptuous to assume the gift card was defective but he'd put a call in for a supervisor and it should be 24-48 hours.

No one ever called. I had to call and wait again, repeat all my numbers again, hold again. I was told the supervisor was in a meeting so I couldn't talk to him/her but that the gift card is defective. This time I was told a supervisor would call me by the end of the work day. Again, no call, no message, no follow-up email. Again, I called and was on a long wait, hold, repeated all my numbers, told my saga again, insisted to speak to a supervisor and was refused. Told by a rather rude rep it would be 24-48 hours for a supervisor to call me and that's policy. I explained I cannot be on call for 24-48 hours. I need the supervisor to leave call back information if I miss the call. Also, this rep. said if I needed a new gift card "I" would have to call Synchrony Bank who issues their cards to have a new one issued.

I said this is not acceptable. I have spent hours trying to correct TJ Maxx’s error, including a 1 hour round-trip drive to UPS store and waiting in line to return the package. She did not care or offer any more help. She gave me the bank number. I called and it is for the TJ Maxx credit cards, not gift cards. I entered the gift card number anyway and was sent to a prompt that told me for gift cards to call the SAME customer service line. I called back pretty livid and a new rep told me that their supervisor had approved to send out a replacement gift card for both the price of the purchase. They were also going to reimburse my shipping in form of a gift card (the original form of payment which should have been done in the first place). I have waited days, just received the cards, and surprise the card with the supposed price of purchase on it doesn't work. It says this card has a zero dollar balance.

With additional attempts of reentering the number it says "oops we've got errors" which is the same problem the last gift card had. The card with the shipping cost on it ($9.60) does work. So after 5 weeks, 6 phone calls, hours of frustration, I am out $36 and have no item. It's not worth doing business with this company, especially online. I am out of options, they refuse to let me speak to a supervisor and the primary level representatives are unable to issue new gift cards.

Even when the supervisor approved reissuing the gift card, twice now the cards have not worked. It feels like a scam. I do not think it is worth more of my time and frustration. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but have no interest in speaking with their rude and unhelpful representatives. I caution anyone who plans to work with this company ESPECIALLY if may need customer service i.e. credit card through TJ Maxx could be a true nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I received someone else's order by mistake. When I called to report, they required that I RE-purchase my item in order for them to mail it asap, otherwise I'd have to wait 8-10 business days AFTER they received the item they sent, in order for them to refund me and for me to once again order. I thought it was ridiculous that they would not mail my item as soon as I called. The supervisor I spoke to was uneducated and condescending.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 approximately 11:45 AM I was at the TJ Maxx store in Buford Georgia. I was in line got to the register to purchase my items, The cashier rang everything up she said swipe card I insert my debit card. I put my number in the screen said remove card. Once I remove the card there was a power outage. I stayed at The register and waited for the power to come back on. The transaction had processed everything went through but I didn't get a receipt. I had to wait an additional 10 to 15 minutes for their computers to reboot. The manager name Robby ** came. He was rude to me. He took the merchandise. He said that it didn't go through. I showed him on my smart phone where USAA my bank showed that the transaction did go through.

Instead of him apologizing to me for the power outage ever having to wait so long he was very rude. He told me that he took a item it didn't show on the system that it was paid for so I couldn't have my merchandise. So I left the store with no merchandise but the charge still on my card. I went to my car and called my bank and was told that the transaction did go through. Today is 8-25-2017. I wake up check my account and it's still showing that the charge went through, not a pending charge but a POS debit. Mr. Robby ** was so nasty and rude to me that the whole thing upset me so bad I went home crying. I've never been treated like this before, I drove over an hour to get to that store because a friend told me they had mirror nightstands and I was looking for one. I didn't find it but I found some things I wanted that were on Clarence.

I paid for all my items and the cashier even verified that, she told him it did everything but print my receipt. But he treated me as if I had stolen something he talks loud he talked rude. Never once apologizing to me for having to wait to the power outage and for the computers to come back up and then to be treated like that. And I've been a loyal customer of TJ Maxx Home Goods and Marshals. This never should have happened this way. He needs training on how to talk with customers and deal with different situations. I wouldn't recommend anybody going to the store. I don't care how good the bargains are. It's not worth being treated like a dog.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I took the time to prevent anyone from making the same mistake as I did twice. Please do not trust TJMAXX.com as they have the worst system in place. I placed an online order on 7/11/17 and until this day I have yet to receive my refund as my order was lost. When you attempt to contact their Customer Service toll free number you remain on hold for over 45 min until you get a live person on the phone each with a different story and nothing but lies about the status of your refund. The tracking number they provide you with is not credible as they use the local post office which loses your order. I just felt that everyone out there should hear the horrific nightmare I have been going through to attempt to get over $200 they owe me!

TJ Maxx Company Information

tjmaxx.tjx.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use