1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

256 TJ Maxx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Can't believe in today's market TJ Maxx can do such things. They sold Swiss watch to me, keep item available on website for another 3 days and week later email to me to declare that item was not available and they can't fulfill the order. Customer service was less than helpful, and have no desire to solve the problem. Very very disappointed. They change my opinion about TJ Maxx 180 degrees!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The interest rate is crazy high, but that’s not the worst. I’ve had the card for over a year, and I have charged a lot on it. Unfortunately I have never received the reward certificates that I should have been getting the whole time. After a cashier in the store told me I should have been receiving them, I started trying to sort it out. My first attempt was via their website, although I didn’t get anywhere.

Then I started calling. Countless hours on the phone with various people, and 3 months after the first call, it is still not sorted out, I have still not received my reward certificates, although I’ve been promised for three months that they would be “coming with this month's statement”. After pressing the issue, one manager did give me a $25.00 credit on my account, but considering I had to press for it and $150.00 is still MIA, I am not satisfied with that. It has been very disappointing to see how inept these people are to correct this situation or to take ownership of the issue. I would strongly discourage anyone from opening this credit card.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

It's so sad how these people operate, but I will say this is my last credit card and my worst experienced. I spoke to a lady on September 2017. Found out I couldn't make no payments at the store, so I spoke to a live person and did my first payment. Then I realized I never received October bill and right away they had a late fee of 25.00 that I wasn't aware of, because the lady I spoke to on Sept decided to make my bill via email without my consent. As I go to purchased some items I swipe the card just to know it said declined and I said it can't be. I still have money on the card because is the second time using it. So I couldn't buy my items, I call them directly while I was still in TJ Maxx and was told that my card was declined over non-payment for October payment and Now Nov bill that is not due to the 14 of this month. My bill is 128.00 total in which is ridiculous, I can understand if I owed 500.00 or + but for chump change they declined my card.

I made a 65.00 payment for both card today only to find out I have to wait 24 hrs to 48 hrs before it posts to my account, in which it leads me with 38.00 balanced and once is paid in full. They can all go screw themselves because of that. My credit score dropped 2 points. I have 5 other credit cards and I never had any problems and with this card I have. Is one of the worst, I told my friends and family not to purchased this BS card. Seeing now 253 complaints + counting I'm really letting this card go!! Ty for the headache and the stress you bunch of fools have caused me. Soon you will lose another value customer... And I hope and pray you lose customers every single day. All you hear from these fools sorry about this and that yeah ok.✌

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After paying off several accounts, including TJMaxx credit card, they entered a fee of $58.00 which I was not aware of. I asked them to keep my account opened but wanted to pay off the balance of $585. I paid a total of $600.00 over the required balance to cover any additional fees if any were to be applied. I never went back to this account because I had no balance, I thought. 4+ months later, I go to purchase a vehicle and find out my credit score had dropped, I check and discovered that TJMaxx added a $30 fee that had been accruing interest. They closed my account for a $58.00 balance!!! That dinged my credit.

I called them and they said they could not speak with me because I had no account. FRUSTRATING!! I have all my documentation to dispute this inaccurate reporting and will never shop, refer anyone to shop there much less open up a credit card with TJMaxx who also owns Marshalls and Home Goods! They DON'T CARE about us, the consumers. Buyers BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Great customer service and returns. They accepted my clothes back even though they got a little wet from the rain outside. Only reason why I didn't give 5 stars is because the store is a bit of a mess...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I ordered a medium coat and was sent an xs small and when I called to have the issue corrected I was told that I cannot return it to a TJ Maxx store. I would have to send it back through the mail to have to wait for them to receive it in order for them to send me back the correct size plus pay an additional fee??? This is the first and last time I will be buying from this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I do quite a bit of online shopping because of all the sale alerts I get on my email so I thought I'd give TJ Maxx a try. Among other items I purchased I got some faux fur rabbit pillows. They came in sets of 2 so I ordered 2 sets for a total of 4 pillows. Of course they do multiple shipments which wasn't too bad since they would arrive just 1 day apart. Received the first shipment on Thursday 10/12/17 and although the slip they include with the order stated that only 1 of the 2 sets I ordered was in this shipment I actually got both sets except that one of the sets was missing a pillow. So I called right away and was told not to worry it will be in the next shipment. So the next day Friday 10/13/17 I opened the box to find out that an item from the order was in it with the slip pertaining to that item and also just a slip for 1 set of faux fur rabbit pillows except there was no pillows in there. So called again and of course they were closed.

Tried calling on Saturday morning but they're closed on the weekends. Finally spoke with a Connie this morning, Monday 10/16/17 and you'd think she would be helpful (I forgot to mention I had also emailed them twice and received an automated reply that someone would respond to me in the order the email was received - never heard back from anyone on that). So Connie said that per tracking number on the items everything was shipped, which I agree that's what shows but whoever packed my things instead of the set, left a pillow out. So the solution of the customer service lady was that they will check with the warehouse (what a joke) to see if that pillow can be found and if so it will be sent to me, otherwise I will get the refund for the one pillow missing.

Ummm so what do I do with just three pillows when I need 4??? That wasn't her problem. I said I want the pillow ma'am not a refund and she stated that she could place another order for me but I would be charged for it. Doesn't make much sense hey, since they screwed up now I would have to pay for an extra order? I asked if I can return the 3 pillows to a store, if she can send me an email of what has happened she said no they won't take them in store because I'm missing one. Whoooaaa right because your company apparently sucks and didn't send me what I paid for.

So now I have to wait probably 5 days and I will call them back again, because I hardly doubt anyone will follow up with me. I've purchased things from Macy's, Boston Store, Buckle, Amazon, Asos (overseas in London) never had an issue. Lesson learned with TJ Maxx. I wish I would've read reviews before I decided to spend $162 online and have to go through all this.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have been a TJ Maxx store shopper for many years & for the first time last month I shopped at TJ Maxx online and ordered a console table online price $129.99 + tax. When I received the order & opened the box, right away I could see that the table was very badly damaged. Besides the heavyweight it was simple enough to return since the UPS return label is included with the box & UPS is very close to my home.

The table was shipped by UPS on 9/14/17 & was received by TJ Maxx on 9/18/17, today is 10/13/17 & my credit card still has not been credited for the amount of $137. After calling TJ Maxx on three different occasions, each time I was told that my refund would be processed & credited back to my credit card within 3 to 5 business days.

Today I called again & asked for a supervisor, of course they were all busy but thankfully the Rep Sharon processed the refund while I was on hold & gave me a confirmation number as well. Of course it will take 3 to 5 business days so maybe I will finally receive it by 10/20/17, I hope because I really don't want to call them again & I will never order online again. There is a company called 6pm.com that I shop online a lot, they credit my account the same day or very next day after receiving merchandise back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The shoes don't even come in wide, and most don't even come in size 11! After reading all the other negative reviews here, I shall never again do business with them and with Home Goods, which I never knew they owned.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Shopped at the Allen, Texas TJ Maxx & Home Goods Store on 10/04/17. At check-out I was asked if I would like to join their rewards program. As many of the stores in my area have rewards programs that help you save money on purchases, I decided that I would join. I filled out my name, e-mail address, SS number handed it to the cashier. She entered some information into her register and a couple minutes later told me I was approved. Then she asked me if I would like to use my new card to pay for my purchases that day. I asked her if this was some type of debit card like Target has and she told me no, that it was a credit card. At no time during our conversation regarding the rewards program did she mention anything about a credit card. I paid for my purchases with my Discover Card and left the store.

I was very upset that I was tricked into signing up for a credit card! I did not want anyone running a credit check on me at this time. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. I called this evening and cancelled the TJ Maxx credit card. I am very dissatisfied in the way this transaction was handled. If the way this transaction was handled by the cashier is how TJ Maxx trains their staff, I am very disappointed in this company. I question whether I will return to shop at TJ Maxx.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Save yourself time, frustration and headache and avoid shopping at tjmaxx.com. At all costs!!! I do most of my shopping online and thought I had a pretty good idea about reliability of websites I usually shop at. I got curious about TJ Maxx website, it’s a fairly big company and well-known retail store. Well, almost two months after initial order placement, I have never received the items I ordered, tracking number never showed any activity, and thus far 4 calls have been made to Customer Service, and I still have yet to receive a refund for the items I never received and a tracking number that was never trackable. This experience has forever tainted a desire to shop online or in-store at any store owned by TJX Companies such as Marshalls, HomeGoods and most certainly TJ Maxx.

Here is a timeline of events: Order # **. Order placed on: 07/28. Order Shipped Email: 08/02. TRACKING # **. Tracking number provided, but never showed any activity at all. 1st Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 08/15. Was told there would be a claim filed and an investigation done as to what happened to the items that were supposed to ship, may take up to 10 days to get my refund. Can I just cancel the order and get a refund? No, they must “investigate”. 2nd Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/13. Almost a month later still no refund. Was immediately told I’d be getting a refund and it will show up on my account within 3-5 days. That was too easy, but let’s hope that’s the end of it. 3rd Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/20. Still no refund.

Was told there are no notes to the order about a refund or even a filed claim. They would need to file the claim/investigation and once again it would take up to 10 days. Asked to speak to someone higher up, since it’s been almost 2 months, and a ridiculous amount of time spent calling customer service. Was told no manager is available but someone would call back within next 2 days. 4th Call to TJ Maxx Customer Service about lost order: 09/21. No call back from the manager within 24 hours, not going to take another day to wait. Was told that my case will be escalated and I will be getting a refund in 3-5 days. 09/27: Sent an email with the same details mentioned here to customer service, obviously not hoping for much at this point. Today is September 27, 3017, and still no refund is appearing on my account. 2 months, 4 calls, 1 email, endless frustration and $107 that TJ Maxx has basically stolen from me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I purchased a Kenneth Cole suitcase 9/3/17. Used it for the first time on 9/21 and the handle popped off and broke before I got it out the door. TJ Maxx refused to take it back saying I had to contact Kenneth Cole. Of course since it was purchased from Kenneth Cole they gave me a number of a company that does their repairs and said I had to send a picture of the problem. So, right now I do not know if the handle is even covered under warranty or not. What I do know is that I may not ever purchase a Kenneth Cole piece of luggage again (at least with this handle design) and I know for a fact that I will NEVER step foot in a TJ Maxx again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I live in a fairly rural area and am an avid online shopper. I have been appalled by the poor service and complete lack of customer service after TJ Maxx sent me the wrong item from an online purchase. I ordered two large woven baskets online and paid for the purchase and $10 of shipping with a gift card. They sent me the wrong item. I called the customer service line (waited 20 minutes to speak to someone) as I did not want to have to pay shipping to send the wrong item back. I do not live close to a TJ Maxx store or UPS store so I asked if they could send return label through USPS, but they do not offer this. I was also told during this first call that I "could call back and receive free shipping" AFTER I mailed the wrong item back and they received it. Also, I would have to wait days for the gift card to arrive in the mail (the item I wanted was low in stock so all this waiting made me nervous).

I received the gift card and called in to customer service (25 min wait plus multiple holds during the call) to order the product that I originally ordered but did not want to have to pay shipping on it so they did not reimburse that on the gift card. The rep. tried to place the order and I had to read my original order number and gift card number repeatedly. She then told me the gift card processor must not be working. I'll have to try again another day. I explained this is time consuming and this is no fault of my own. I have a young child and 45 minutes of phone time is hard to come by more less not how I want to spend my time. She said she could not help me. I'd have to call back. Then I called back and this rep. also could not run the gift card and said he wouldn't be so presumptuous to assume the gift card was defective but he'd put a call in for a supervisor and it should be 24-48 hours.

No one ever called. I had to call and wait again, repeat all my numbers again, hold again. I was told the supervisor was in a meeting so I couldn't talk to him/her but that the gift card is defective. This time I was told a supervisor would call me by the end of the work day. Again, no call, no message, no follow-up email. Again, I called and was on a long wait, hold, repeated all my numbers, told my saga again, insisted to speak to a supervisor and was refused. Told by a rather rude rep it would be 24-48 hours for a supervisor to call me and that's policy. I explained I cannot be on call for 24-48 hours. I need the supervisor to leave call back information if I miss the call. Also, this rep. said if I needed a new gift card "I" would have to call Synchrony Bank who issues their cards to have a new one issued.

I said this is not acceptable. I have spent hours trying to correct TJ Maxx’s error, including a 1 hour round-trip drive to UPS store and waiting in line to return the package. She did not care or offer any more help. She gave me the bank number. I called and it is for the TJ Maxx credit cards, not gift cards. I entered the gift card number anyway and was sent to a prompt that told me for gift cards to call the SAME customer service line. I called back pretty livid and a new rep told me that their supervisor had approved to send out a replacement gift card for both the price of the purchase. They were also going to reimburse my shipping in form of a gift card (the original form of payment which should have been done in the first place). I have waited days, just received the cards, and surprise the card with the supposed price of purchase on it doesn't work. It says this card has a zero dollar balance.

With additional attempts of reentering the number it says "oops we've got errors" which is the same problem the last gift card had. The card with the shipping cost on it ($9.60) does work. So after 5 weeks, 6 phone calls, hours of frustration, I am out $36 and have no item. It's not worth doing business with this company, especially online. I am out of options, they refuse to let me speak to a supervisor and the primary level representatives are unable to issue new gift cards.

Even when the supervisor approved reissuing the gift card, twice now the cards have not worked. It feels like a scam. I do not think it is worth more of my time and frustration. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but have no interest in speaking with their rude and unhelpful representatives. I caution anyone who plans to work with this company ESPECIALLY if may need customer service i.e. credit card through TJ Maxx could be a true nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I received someone else's order by mistake. When I called to report, they required that I RE-purchase my item in order for them to mail it asap, otherwise I'd have to wait 8-10 business days AFTER they received the item they sent, in order for them to refund me and for me to once again order. I thought it was ridiculous that they would not mail my item as soon as I called. The supervisor I spoke to was uneducated and condescending.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 approximately 11:45 AM I was at the TJ Maxx store in Buford Georgia. I was in line got to the register to purchase my items, The cashier rang everything up she said swipe card I insert my debit card. I put my number in the screen said remove card. Once I remove the card there was a power outage. I stayed at The register and waited for the power to come back on. The transaction had processed everything went through but I didn't get a receipt. I had to wait an additional 10 to 15 minutes for their computers to reboot. The manager name Robby ** came. He was rude to me. He took the merchandise. He said that it didn't go through. I showed him on my smart phone where USAA my bank showed that the transaction did go through.

Instead of him apologizing to me for the power outage ever having to wait so long he was very rude. He told me that he took a item it didn't show on the system that it was paid for so I couldn't have my merchandise. So I left the store with no merchandise but the charge still on my card. I went to my car and called my bank and was told that the transaction did go through. Today is 8-25-2017. I wake up check my account and it's still showing that the charge went through, not a pending charge but a POS debit. Mr. Robby ** was so nasty and rude to me that the whole thing upset me so bad I went home crying. I've never been treated like this before, I drove over an hour to get to that store because a friend told me they had mirror nightstands and I was looking for one. I didn't find it but I found some things I wanted that were on Clarence.

I paid for all my items and the cashier even verified that, she told him it did everything but print my receipt. But he treated me as if I had stolen something he talks loud he talked rude. Never once apologizing to me for having to wait to the power outage and for the computers to come back up and then to be treated like that. And I've been a loyal customer of TJ Maxx Home Goods and Marshals. This never should have happened this way. He needs training on how to talk with customers and deal with different situations. I wouldn't recommend anybody going to the store. I don't care how good the bargains are. It's not worth being treated like a dog.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I took the time to prevent anyone from making the same mistake as I did twice. Please do not trust TJMAXX.com as they have the worst system in place. I placed an online order on 7/11/17 and until this day I have yet to receive my refund as my order was lost. When you attempt to contact their Customer Service toll free number you remain on hold for over 45 min until you get a live person on the phone each with a different story and nothing but lies about the status of your refund. The tracking number they provide you with is not credible as they use the local post office which loses your order. I just felt that everyone out there should hear the horrific nightmare I have been going through to attempt to get over $200 they owe me!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I placed an online order from TJ Maxx after recently relocating. My new address was updated on the website, however the order was shipped to my old address. I called the customer service department (over a 15 minute wait). I was told once an order is shipped they can't reach out to carriers to redirect or cancel the order. They provided absolutely no resolution. I can't imagine that I should lose $139 because of TJ Maxx 's limited ecomm abilities. Now, I'm filing all kinds of disputes and complaints to get a refund. All I wanted was the desk that I ordered. I do not recommend anyone order from TJ Maxx online. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

You can purchase items online using PayPal, but you can't get a refund when returning items in the store, they will only give you a store credit. I have to mail the items back at my cost to get the refund processed to my credit card. When I called the customer service rep Connie just kept repeating the same thing over and over again. She tells me there is no supervisor avail to speak with me... I can assure TJ Maxx they have lost me both as an online customer and a store customer!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

January to end of June 2017, I was out of state from my hometown due to work. We were working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day. Plus, while I was in New Mexico working, I was rushed to the Hospital due to respiratory failure and was in Intensive Care/CCU. I was in the hospital for 11 days. Then homebound until the end of June (when I returned home) due to not being release for work from my doctors. I was still on Oxygen until I left New Mexico. While in New Mexico, I signed up for a TJ Maxx charge card due to being able to get a discount and because I like the stores, and also to help build my credit. On July 3, I received a statement in the mail stating my account was delinquent. I immediately called Customer Service and spoke with a very nice customer service lady. I explained that I had not received my statement from them even though my mail had been forwarded to my work address in New Mexico.

She was understanding about my situation and credited my account for the late fees. I also told her I would pay the full amount that day. As soon as I got off of the phone with her, I went online and set up my account, since I had all of the information (account #, etc) now that I had an actual invoice from the company) and I paid the full amount of the invoice. All of this was noted in my account per this customer service lady. Recently, I shopped at a TJ Maxx store, here in my hometown, and I tried to use my TJ Maxx credit card. The cashier told me it was not working. Shocked and embarrassed, I asked her to try it again since I knew I had a -0- balance. Again, it did not work. So today, I signed on to my TJ Maxx account to see if there was a Customer Service number so I could call to ask why my card had been declined since I had a -0- balance.

When I signed on to my account; I noticed in RED print, that my account had been closed due to "HISTORY OF DELINQUENCY"!!!! The 1st Customer Service lady I spoke with on July 3 (she stated she understood and took the late payment charges off and adjusted my account); She NEVER mentioned my Account had been CLOSED due to this error. The nice lady I originally spoke with about my account NEVER STATED my account was CLOSED! I was under the impression that everything with my account was up to date, notes added regarding the issue, and my account was good to go!

Today, I called their customer service department to find out why the account was closed because I was of the understanding everything was resolved and I now had a -0- balance. I was told the notes on my account were there but there was nothing this Customer Service lady could do about my account being CLOSED. I asked to speak with a Manager. I was forwarded to a man named GALE, Extension ** (is what he gave me). I explained my issue, and he verified the notes and credits, etc. but also said there was NOTHING he could do. He was not going to reinstatement my account which was closed due to errors (of which is noted in THEIR system, confirmed by him). I told him that I work hard on keeping my credit in good standing and that I was upset about this and I did not feel I deserve to have negative comments and ratings on my credit report.

He stated TJ Maxx has reported to the credit bureaus and it should reflect that the payment was made and was previously delinquent due to being out of town and not receiving my invoice, etc. of which should not reflect my credit. However, I beg to differ. I told him I was NOT informed that my account had been closed (not by the 1st Customer Service lady or when I set my TJ Maxx account up online). He stated they are not REQUIRED to let a person know their account was closed, even if it was closed due to error. I proceeded to tell him that I was not agreement with this procedure and am very upset with how this has been handled. He just told me he was not going to reinstate my account. This makes no sense to me. Then he asked if there was anything else he could do for me (in a sarcastic voice, like he was so proud of him standing his ground).

I said, NO, I guess not because you know the status of my account, etc and you are still not willing to do anything to reinstate my account. I told him I will probably NEVER shop at one of their stores again due to how this situation was handled. He could care less and kept talking over me as if going off of a script. I have been in Customer Service/Sales all of my working life and as I see it, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED in this Manager's SARCASM voice tone he had with me, ESPECIALLY the last few minutes of the conversation. And extremely upset with TJ Maxx's supposed policies. Actually, it makes me even question if it is actually TJ MAXX'S POLICY, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

About a week ago I purchased a filled (Himalayan Pink Salt) salt grinder... As I was using it the other night the grinder mechanism fell apart in my food... I took it back to the local store where I bought it... They refused to allow me to return it or give me a refund. They claimed it is classed as "open food" and it is against policy to accept it. In a way I understand your stores' safety concerns but it is not like this is a product you can resell. I am very upset that I am out $7.99 and have no product to show for it. If it is your policy to sell shotty merchandise and not back up your sales, this will be my last trip to a TJ Maxx store!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My daughter and I went into the TJ Maxx of Bend Oregon for the very first time ever shopping a TJ Maxx, on August 1, 2017, as my sister had given us gift cards from a TJ Maxx. Well, after spending some time shopping in a confusing store (NOT set up well, AT ALL!), we went to the register and I paid for some items, my daughter for the others, as she is entering college and had money for dorm items. It was busy in there, and there was a lot of handing over of bags and items by the cashier. We left the store, and the following day, my daughter could not find her $30 change from a $50 she'd handed the cashier. LONG story short!, we tore apart the house, car and retraced steps, thinking it had fallen out somewhere. Well, I finally called TJ Maxx and asked them to check the till amount, reading off the numbers on my receipt. I was told I would be called back.

Mind you, we are NOT from Bend, and staying in Redmond, approximately 50 mile round trip to the store. The receipt shows 0601 1040 06 8204 08/01/17 17:50:08 1013 SO! I received a call later in the day saying they did find a discrepancy in the till and they had our $30. We were welcome to come and pick it up. I informed the woman I talked to that we were not from the area, were there for the local fair, and that we couldn't just run back out there and get it, so would probably be a couple days.

Well, I called this morning, 2 days later, after thinking about this whole mess, and asked what TJ Maxx can do for us, not only for the MAJOR inconvenience, but also for the time and being without our money due to the employee messing up. I was told they will do NOTHING! not even a gift card or something, and that they could go ahead and Fed Ex the money to us. Well, being we travel again tomorrow night, we will not BE anywhere to collect from Fed Ex. The only good thing, the gal I spoke with offered to bring it into the town we are in this evening, ONLY because she is going to pick up her Grandson! WOW! I am SHOCKED by the treatment to a customer when it was THEIR employee who messed up!

Should there not be some sort of gift or something due to the complete inconvenience? I will not shop a TJ Maxx again! Oh, AND? Most of the items were broken if glass, or seconds of some sort, makeup was broken, things were a mess. I felt like we were in a Goodwill store! I believe they get seconds and overstock and sell those.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I did place an order online for three dresses. Order #: **. One of the three dresses I ordered did not fit properly. I did receive it today and within two hours I tried to returned it to my closest TJ Maxx Store. The lady refused to return it by being rude. I tried to explain this is the box with shipping tag and the dress had the original tags attached. I also provided them with the email confirmation. When shipped it seems like they missed to include a receipt and for that reason they could not refund to the original payment but could do only store credit.

I was told to call the shipping and get a receipt even I had no fault at all. I presented all was given to me. The lady was so so rude and unprofessional! I feel like I need to warn people away from TJ Maxx! I've shopped there for years and loved the place. I do not want store credit, as I do not want to ever have to deal with this sleazy company again! Be warned, do NOT buy online from TJ Maxx!

Original review: July 26, 2017

As of today July 26, 2017 I will no longer be using my TJ Maxx credit card. I have continued to purchase from them for our new home but it's absolutely crazy that you are charged $25 if you're one day late. Nearly all credit card companies have a grace period so therefore I will not be using it anymore. I feel like it's just a trap. $25 is a lot of cash. Just a heads up you might want to check your monthly statements closely because if it's not paid on that very day they charge you $25.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I placed an order over a week ago. I never received an email that my items shipped, so I called customer service. They said that when you pay $8.99 for their regular shipping they have 10 days to get the item to you. Really? It's at least a week just for shipping for them. That will make it 2 and a half weeks. They also said that if you place an order in the afternoon you lose another day. Their shipping is ridiculous and it is clear after my call they could care less about their customers. I am an established customer who has placed several orders. I usually order when they have free shipping. Now I will never order. There are way too many other places to shop online.

Original review: June 22, 2017

My initial order qualified for free shipping. A couple days after placing my order and receiving the confirmation of the order, TJ Maxx sent me an email saying they could not fulfill my entire order due to lack of inventory. I noticed that they then charged me $8.95 to ship the other item that was $12. I think this is ridiculous for one because the initial order was quoted free shipping and also they had free shipping advertised on their website. I emailed customer service for them to say there is nothing they can do. I later browsed the site to see the same item I attempted to order in stock still online. I have never been more frustrated with a company and their online service. Infact this is my first review I've written about a store. Completely unimpressed and would not recommend ordering anything online from them.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I am a customer in TJ Maxx, I always liked the store and I go in person or buy online. I got some rewards certificates and I used 2 of them successfully and I had a third one that I tried to use it online to purchase a shirt that I liked. The reward didn't work and tried several times thinking that I may wrote the wrong number but it didn't work. I Emailed Customer Services and I didn't even receive an email telling me that they got my message and of course I didn't have an answer. I went to see my bag to purchase the item. Not matter I couldn't use the reward but the size is gone and I can't buy it anymore. I sent a second email telling them how upset I am and I just got the email confirmation that they got my email, so for some reason their email thing is not working properly and I am so upset that I am thinking not buying any more from them. They not only sent me a reward that doesn't work if not they also ignored my previous email.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I went shopping at TJ Maxx for probably the first time ever and I am now 30 years old. I enjoyed my shopping experience looking around. Did not have much time because it was 30 minutes to close and before the store was closing I purchase some makeups, a pair of sunglasses. The only thing I did not like was a lot of the makeup was already broken up, shattered everywhere, just random things thrown everywhere but they were marked down cheap so I figured that was why they were marked down cheap.

There was also a lot of sunglasses that were scratched up. A lot of them are like that but they were still pretty good price and thought that's why. When I got home the sunglasses did not fit. They were too small for me. The makeup did not seem desirable no more to me and I never used it. I never use the sunglasses and the pajamas that I bought were too big so I went to bring the stuff back and they would not return the sunglasses or the makeup. They said because the makeup is out of the plastic and used, they cannot take it back. I said I bought it like that. She completely ignored everything I said and continue talking.

I went ahead and dismiss those return, then I went to help her find another pair of sunglasses because I lost the tag. She went to go ask her manager to help her and said that her manager said since they were scuffed up and had scratches, they couldn't take those back either. I looked at her and I said, “I never wore those. I bought them like that.” And said, “Look at all your sunglasses. They're also scratched up and scuffed up too.” She did not acknowledge anything I said. Would not look and continued walking away and talking and carrying on to get me out the door. So it's okay to purchase their items that way but it is not okay to return them that way. I will not be shopping at TJ Maxx and Elizabethtown Kentucky again. Horrible experience.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I have never left a review for a business in my life, but after such a horrible experience, I feel like I need to warn people away from TJ Maxx! I've shopped there for years and loved the place. My fiance and I received several gift cards at our bridal shower and I was excited to find that the cookware set we had registered for was on sale. It was normally $300 but was on clearance for $99.99. I quickly ordered it, using a TJ Maxx gift card, as well as a VISA gift card, along with a set of bath rugs.

As soon as I got the package, it was clear something was wrong. It had stickers on the outside of the box stating that it was fragile, but the box was very light. Clearly there was no cookware inside. I opened it to find the bath rugs, as ordered, and no cookware set. However, there was a sticker on some of the packaging, that labeled the bubble wrap AS the cookware set. Additionally, the packing list had a-1 in yellow highlighter next to the cookware set. It was clear that they knew it was out of stock. What I found INSTEAD of the cookware set, was a large, pineapple shaped platter. It was cute, but not the cookware set.

I immediately emailed customer service, asking if they were indeed out of stock, and informing them that I had received an incorrect item. They said that the cookware set was out of stock, and I needed to return the pineapple platter in order to be refunded my $100. Cool. So, I set out trying to mail back the pineapple platter, which would prove more difficult than one would think. After about two weeks of trying to get a straight answer from customer service, I finally mailed it back in the original box that the platter and rugs came in (after UPS tried to charge me $20 to pack a platter worth $15, that I had never ordered!).

Fast-forward two more weeks. I still have not received my refund and the platter arrived back at the warehouse 12 days ago. I was promised that I would have my refund within 3-5 business days. I have talked with multiple customer service representatives on the phone, who have been less than helpful, and downright rude (Shout out to Connie!). Everyone I talk with has apologized and promised that I would soon have my money back, but it still hasn't happened.

I've asked to speak with a manager or someone with more power to make things happen, and they always blame a "recent high volume of calls". No surprise that lots of people are calling, if they're having a similar experience! They offer to have a manager call me back within 48 hours, and it's never happened, after 3 different people have promised to do so, a week and a half ago. That's not to mention the hour and 17 minutes I spent on hold, waiting to speak to someone. Ironically, the tab on their website for this subject is called, "Easy returns". Lolol.

Nevertheless, I am not pleased. Due to the fact that I used part TJ Maxx gift card and part VISA gift card, I have been told that I will receive partial store credit, and partial refund to the VISA card. I do not want store credit, as I do not want to ever have to deal with this sleazy company again! Be warned, do NOT buy online from TJ Maxx!

Original review: May 1, 2017

This is the stupidest company in the world! I ordered items online and received completely different items! I call customer service multiple times and the wait was over 1 hour! The customer service people cannot help and are incompetent. The worst customer service and shipping! Shipping also takes forever. More like 2 weeks than 5-7 business days! The worst ever! I hate TJ Maxx!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I placed an order 15 days ago. I have not received my order. I have subsequently called six times. Every time I have called I get the blanket answer the order is being processed. However, one customer representative stated there was a mishap with a truck. That statement didn't make sense as the order I am told has not left the warehouse. The most disheartening thing about this company in which I have been a VERY good customer, is that I am forced to call and call to try and get a resolution, so I can get my order. My credit card has been charged. I am at a loss as to what my next step should be. I fully understand situations can arise to delay an order. The fact they think so little of their customer as to not contact them by email is appalling. Anyone out there contemplating placing an online order, please think twice. I don't know how this will end. Thank you.

TJ Maxx Company Information