3.82/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

TJ Maxx

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

TJ Maxx Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I ordered a small home decor item that sold out quickly on their website and it arrived broken. The item itself came in its own box that had sufficient packaging around it, but none inside the box to protect the figurine. So it jostled around the entire trip and was a mess by the time it got to me. Super frustrating, especially since I can't re-order the item, but I used their online contact form to send my order number and explained what happened. I got a call back from a customer service rep who made it right. I'm knocking a star off for the packaging and wish the shipping department would consider that merchandise boxes sometimes need peanuts or bubble wrap poured into them to fill the empty space.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

A friend suggested that I go to TJ Maxx to look for workout equipment. I wasn't sure where to look so I asked the first employee that I came across.. The employee took me right to the equipment. Although the supply was not huge, they had what I wanted and the price was reasonable. Instead of looking all over town I bought resistance tubes, bands, and a yoga mat.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Shopping at TJ Maxx is so much fun. I have a very nice 3 hrs shopping. I go by myself so no one bothers me. They have so many different departments to choose from. I shop every department. Employees are so helpful and available to help. Returning items is very easy. Store is always clean. Bathrooms are always clean.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I stopped by T.J. Maxx last week to finish off a card I was issued years ago. Upon entering the store, I scrutinized men's clothing, but, wasn't in need of anything. I looked throughout the store, but, again, couldn't find anything I needed. But, then, I found myself directly in front of the Jewelry section. I waited my turn to be served, and as I surveyed the counter, there wasn't anything I particularly liked.

Then, Renee, who was extremely competent, affable and helpful, stirred me over in another direction, where I saw merchandise that captured my fancy. I looked at several rings, and finally chose one. Renee informed me about its designer, composition and assisted me in espying how it looked on me. It wasn't priced, and so Renee had to get the price tagged on it, and then, see returned, polite and professional as ever, and proceeded to ring up my bill. It was a welcomed experience, particularly, with so much incompetence, today. Renee is definitely an asset to T.J. Maxx store; I hope she's there whenever I venture in...

Sincerely,

Alan

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

While shopping at TJ Maxx Brickyard on a very busy day, the cashier Judy provided exceptional service as she was very friendly professional and also helpful. She seemed to really know her business and her friendly attitude really made my day! I will definitely be back and look forward to seeing Judy again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I would like you to know of my experience at the TJ Maxx store at the Houston/Katy location. First I would like you to know TJ Maxx is my favorite store to shop at, I've been shopping with TJ Maxx for many years and honestly even though it takes some time to browse through their wonderful store it's sort of like a shopping adventure for me as I do not enjoy shopping in general. Today after shopping for 2 hours I came to the clerk and she asked if I wanted a TJ Maxx card, she said I would save 10%, I said, "No thank you." When we got to the final total she said, "You will save $21 if you are approved for a TJ Maxx card," I said, "We don't want any more credit cards." She proceeded to tell me I would save an additional $10 that would be $31 of savings.

I said, "Hmmm $31, okay I'll do it." Went through the process of enter my info and while I was signing I said, "Ok I'm saving $31. Well that's worth it." After everything was signed she let me know I would not be able to receive the $10 discount until later with another purchase. I told her, "That is not what you said before," she told me I was mistaken, I told her I feel I had been tricked by the way she had worded the offer, she then told me I had misunderstood her. We went back and forth and I decided just to go ahead with only the 10% discount and use my own credit card, she said well you will not receive the 10% discount now because you must put it on your temporary TJ Maxx card. I was flabbergasted. None of this was explained to me!

I just went through this verbal exchange, entered personal info, I have an additional credit card I told you I really did not want, and now I won't even receive 10% off my purchase?? I asked to speak to a manager, she arrived, I explained what had happened, she disappears for a few uncomfortable minutes, returns and tells me there is nothing she can do for me, I will have to pay with temp card and receive my $10 coupon in the mail. What a waste of 2.5 hours of my time, my items I had really wanted and now I have a card from a company I no longer want to do business with. Had I known this would be the outcome I would have gladly paid $216 for my purchases, be on with my day with the items I was so excited to have in my home.

This clerk was dishonest and the management unhelpful. What happened to customer service? Had I been told I would only receive the 10% discount if I purchase my current items with my temp TJ Maxx card and I would receive my $10 discount by mail w/ additional purchase I would have forgone this experience. This clerk was dishonest and the management unhelpful. Score in every store find one near youcity, state or zip code. city, state or zip code.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

So, I was online to place an order. I entered my rewards certificates number and it said invalid...obviously not true. So I call customer service, they give out three numbers and they are all closed only open M -F 9 to 6 est.???? They refer you back to online and phone tree, but no live person. I need two items for Christmas and I'm going to be so pissed if those items are gone...Also, Synchrony Bank sucks!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I usually have decent experiences when I shop at TJ MAXX located in College Point NY and 20th Ave. However, today was anything but that. I was gifted 2 email gifts cards and decided to use them with my purchase today. The clerk that assisted me was sweet and pleasant. When we went to use the gifts cards for what ever reason they did not scan, the clerk says if they do not scan I think there isn’t anything we can do.

So at this point I’m thinking WTH. It's 2019. What do you mean nothing can be done. I suggest to her perhaps keying in the numbers would work, she replies as says to me it wasn’t something she can do. She goes and get the manager of the cashier named Yasmin. She was the most arrogant, lazy and useless person I had spoken to all day, And believe me when I tell you I deal with many people in a professional level. She has the snottiest attitude and no ** given. I questioned her and asked how could she possibly be the front cashier manager, no people skills or basic common sense. I decide before I curse her out and lose my cool I would drive back to work and print out actual copies.

I come back and that still wouldn’t register, at this point I am frustrated and I forgot to mention I'm with my 4 year old. The clerk said she would go get the manager of the store, as she goes to get her, useless Yasmin comes back to tell me the manager said if it can not be scanned then I would have to get new gift cards. I told her that impossible and I wanted to her that from the managers mouth as I couldn’t possibly believe they had 2 useless people running the store. Nella the manager comes, I explained my situation and she calls some number to ensure that gift cards are active which of course they are.

So here’s the kicker. She ends up manually putting in the numbers for the gifts cards. I questioned her and asked her why they couldn’t of done that the first time around. She apologized because what else could she do. They lack to understand the simplicity of just doing their job. You work for retail you see hundreds of faces a day, put a smile on your face and be customer centric or work else where. This is what happens when you hire young and foolish people.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I thought I had the perfect pair of optical frames from Tj Maxx online. They were advertised as Gucci frames in the tortoise pattern for under $150. The shipping took longer than usual with the estimated delivery date changing several times but still I thought nothing about it. The frame arrived in a small plastic pouch, separate from the case which was weird to me. I would think the case would keep the frames safer than a plastic bag but still the frames looked amazing. Until I put them on, the left side was way higher than the right side. It was so bad it covered my whole eyebrow and the other was clearly visible.

They didn’t seem so bad when I placed them on a even surface so I decided to take them to my optometrist hoping they could fix them but he wouldn’t even touch them. He told me to get my money back and there one of the employees noticed that on one of the legs had the Gucci logo and the other had the cat logo Versace usually uses. I was so embarrassed.

I quickly made my way to the nearest store to get my money back and let them I had been sold cheap knock off frames! But the girl didn’t even seem to care, she printed out a label for them and slapped it on and went about her day. I went home and wrote to tjmaxx support and today the only response was “we sell authentic designer brands.“ No explanation. No apologies, nothing! I shop at Tj maxx all the time so I find it hard to believe they would sell knock offs but my experience says otherwise so people be warned.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I ordered 8 items. The order had 3 tracking numbers. All three tracking numbers have been delivered and I have only received 4 of the 8 items. When I called after shipment arrived with missing items I was told the tracking numbers must have been reversed. The next day the second item came - it was supposed to be 5 items and it was only one again. So, now it’s the weekend and I can’t get any answers until they open during regular business hours M-F. The customer service rep gave me erroneous information. And then went in to say if it’s lost I have to wait 8-10 days before they can do anything. Terrible customer service hours and have my money while I wait.

TJ Maxx Company Information