TJ Maxx

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the stupidest company in the world! I ordered items online and received completely different items! I call customer service multiple times and the wait was over 1 hour! The customer service people cannot help and are incompetent. The worst customer service and shipping! Shipping also takes forever. More like 2 weeks than 5-7 business days! The worst ever! I hate TJ Maxx!

I placed an order 15 days ago. I have not received my order. I have subsequently called six times. Every time I have called I get the blanket answer the order is being processed. However, one customer representative stated there was a mishap with a truck. That statement didn't make sense as the order I am told has not left the warehouse. The most disheartening thing about this company in which I have been a VERY good customer, is that I am forced to call and call to try and get a resolution, so I can get my order. My credit card has been charged. I am at a loss as to what my next step should be. I fully understand situations can arise to delay an order. The fact they think so little of their customer as to not contact them by email is appalling. Anyone out there contemplating placing an online order, please think twice. I don't know how this will end. Thank you.

My son went to TJ Maxx to purchase an item that I usually buy for him. He simply walked into the store and an employee walked up to him and told him he needed to leave the store because the last time he was at the store things came up missing. WTF my son is not a thief he had money to purchase the item. The lady call security over to escort him out of the store. No proof nothing. Just he looks like someone who stole from the store. WTF racist. I will never shop there again.

I bought $110 mens Cross brand bag as my husband Christmas gift at Edmonds branch. Poor product. My husband used the bag only about three month and the zipper was broken surprisingly very earlier. I went to the TJ Maxx store and explained the situation. A cashier said as long as I brings the receipt, they could take it back. However when I went to the store again in order to return the broken bag with the receipt, the manager said that they could not take it back because it was not resalable condition. Of course it is not the new!!! However it is their responsibility because they sold the defect product. I was very disappointed about their customer service and I will never use the TJ Maxx again!!! I will get rid of the TJ Maxx credit card as well. Good bye TJ Maxx.

I was shopping on last Saturday at the TJ Maxx on Goodman Road in Olive Branch, Mississippi, I had gone to the register with nine items to purchase. One of the nine items was a vase that was marked 12.99. When I got to the front the salesperson told me that she could not sell the vase because the price tag did not go to the item and the vase was more expensive. She sent several other sales associates to the back to get another vase, but there were no other vases like that one in the store. I asked for the manager and the manager reiterated the same information and said that they would call other TJ Maxx locations to try and get the cost of the vase. This process took about 40 mins. No other store had the vase in their store or system. The manager then said, "I'm sorry but I can't sell you the vase but you can pay for your other items."

I asked for the number of the district manager and she asked if I would like for her to give him a call. While on the phone the manager proceeded to tell the district manager that people come in all the time, switch the tags, and come back later to retrieve the items, never once mentioning the situation that was occurring in the store. When she got off the phone she told me that just once she would sell the vase for 29.99 with 30 percent being taken off which would take the price to 12.99. I told the manager that I was deeply offended by her accusation on the phone pertaining to me and that I had not shopped at TJ Maxx since Christmas. This experience was terrible and I probably will not shop at this establishment again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

I was making line when I hear a cashier yelling to a customer how much his income was. I think that's not right that should be ask more private, anyway the customer said his income and I believe he was not approve cause he did not get any response but a little paper. Customer left. I got to another young cashier in her 18 to 20's years old she was ringing my clothes and stopping asking the other cashier what happen to the customer that he apply for credit, I was on a hurry so I told the cashier if she can hurry up because I was in a hurry and I told her can ask the cashier later because I need to go.

After a few min the cashier that was talking to her came and told me not to talk to the cashier like that. I say how I just told her if she can hurry up because I'm in a hurry. I said, “I believe customer is first.” She said that the cashier was asking a job-related question but I was waiting for them to finish talking about something that they can way after they have customers. I ask the cashier what was her name and she just lift her shoulder up and down. She did not answer. I ask her, “where is the manager”. She said, “somewhere around the store”, like I said I was in a hurry. As a business owner I don't think that's right, they need to be trained right. Unfortunate I lost the receipt that day I did not get the cashier name but this is the store address Palm Court Shopping Center, 17144 Slover Ave, Fontana, CA 92337.

I bought a watch for myself in mid Feb. I loved the watch, styling, quality, style and functionality. I really loved the watch! After a month and a half I noticed the watch was broken, as a tiny chip broke off of pin connection. Since I loved the watch I did not keep receipt. I brought watch back to store with little to no expectation that they might accept watch for an exchange. However they did and I chose a replacement watch for the return of my chipped watch. Ms. ** took care of me and was pleasant and suggested that I keep tags and receipt should I not like replacement, which I did and did not like replacement. I returned next and exchange second watch! I am happy with new watch and very happy w/ my local TJ Maxx!

I went into TJ Maxx 03/17/2017 about 11:45 am during my lunch time at 1501 Lafayette Parkway LaGrange, GA 30241 to return something. Female named ** asked why I was returning it and very rudely telling me I should return the item sooner. I told her it is been only 5 days, the receipt clearly printed it return for 30 days. She starting to make a instant rules of return, like I did something bad to her. She shot the cash drawer with upset. She is a disgrace and just because of this I am willing to shop at other place, save my upset stomach than money.

Let me say I am an avid TJ Maxx shopper, or at least I was. An accident at work, resulting in 3 surgeries, has left me homebound, so I frequent TJ Maxx online a lot. I've been very happy with every purchase, they would send out my order almost immediately and I'd receive it within days. That is until last week. I hadn't received my normal email, letting me know my order had been shipped, so I logged onto my TJ Maxx account to view order details and the order was not listed. I emailed Customer Service with my order number to see why it wasn't included on my history, after all, my bank had been debited the almost 300 for it. I received a very blank response with no answer to my questions, instead she actually said the only way for her to even see my order was if I had a credit account with them, which I do, but explained I hadn't put my charges on my credit card and surely, since I supplied her with my order number, she could tell me the status.

Let me first say my bank card has only been used on their website, my husband's is used for everything else. For me having the gall to inconvenience two separate employees with my two emails, wanna know what I got in return?? My card was fraudulently used. My debit card was used on Nike.com three separate times, altogether totaling a little under 500.00. Luckily, I checked our account in time to stop all but 205.00. I filed a report with my bank, had a new card issued, and am awaiting a refund. Today I received a package, from Nike.com, the most ** pair of sneakers. They must've thought it would be so funny to do a customer like that. How dare I request any more from them? I am so pissed! Would love to cram these ** shoes right down their throat!!

I stop by a TJ Maxx located at the Bronx near 203 Street, a new mall. I was browsing for some gifts and I find a very interesting dessert plates, when I put on my glasses I find those plates were standing there were used plates, I start looking for any employee to tell me if they sell used items, they respond was nope. I requested to speak to a manager and spoken to her. She denied those small plates were used and if they were in display it means they're new. I ask to a three different customer and they agreed with my statement, but manager ignored my concern. I purchased the two dessert plates and have them in my possession as a proof. They don't even care and take this plates off the shelves, instead challenged me that is how they were to be.

I understand that if a company or retailer store is selling good as new they need another permits to sell used items. No one care in that store and is a shame that a big store as TJ Maxx hired people who's in charge of the store and doesn't care to understand when a customer is right. This is against the law by selling used merchandise in that particular store.

Shopping online at T.J. Maxx is like giving an interest-free loan for 30 days and 1 hour of your life in multiple phone calls to Customer Service because your order was never shipped. Good luck if you have to see for yourself!

My wife opened an account with TJ Maxx in October. Maybe $400.00. I made the minimum payment plus extra. Thinking I only had a balance of $120.00 to pay I see that the balance is $186.00. Another big problem was logging into my account as I always seemed to have trouble with my password. When I clicked on forgot password and sent them my email address I would often find there was no return email in my mailbox. I have no idea what is going on with this company but I know for certain that they were making communication difficult and there were errors or delays when I made my payments on time which resulted, I eventually discovered in late fees. I am punctual and paying off a credit card at the same time every month is not rocket science. But this company, I assure you is not to be trusted. I absolutely advise you to stay away from any cards they have on offer. It will save you money and a lot of trouble.

I was shopping and noticed that the security guard was following me in the store. I then felt so uncomfortable that I decided to get what I had in my hand and proceed to the checkout and leave... The security guard followed me out of the store. I confronted the guard and let him/her know that I recognized she was following me in the store... Well the guard did not like that I confronted her and she called me a **. I did talk with the store manager Matt when he became available and he said he would talk with the guard. I went in the store tonight and several employees began to come down the aisles that I was shopping down. I have never stole anything. I plan on contacting headquarters because this is harassment. I will not be intimidated while I'm spending my hard earned money there when I can spend it somewhere else where I'm appreciated...

Shopping in TJ Maxx was the worst experience. Sales staff were rude, manager was not helpful at all. I found an item -- it was a shower cap and several were laying on display. There were two shower caps for the price of one, and one was inside another without packaging. When I got to the register, the cashier (rightfully) decided to check if both shower caps are one item. She informed me that these are two separate items, which they were not since there were several of them in the store that were sold the same way. The cashier asked one of the sales associates to check it out. I told them that there are other ones there, same item and two are sold for the price of one. They started arguing with me and added a sales tag to the one that came with the shower cap. When I asked why there are more items there without a sales tag (only on one item), they said that it needs a price check.

They made up all sorts of stories instead of checking the item and making sure they are selling it appropriately. The manager was rude and not helpful, Ms. ** and a sales associate Adriana was extremely rude. She refused to give her name for a complaint, store manager refused to give me her supervisor's name, and other cashiers refused to give the name of the rude sales associate. The store is in terrible shape. There is broken merchandise sold all over the store. Hats, gloves, children's clothing looked like someone walked all over it -- it was filthy and hanging on racks. The store is a mess. There were chipped cups still standing on the floor. This has got to be one of the messiest, most disorganized stores I've ever seen. It was a waste of time and I would never walk into another TJ Maxx again.

I called SYNCB/TJX CO October to pay off my account and unfortunately there was $20 left not paid, so I was under impression I have a 0.00 balance then SYNCB/TJX add a late fee for another $20. However I paid all 43$ over the phone once I received an email notification, however they already reported to the credit bureau that $43 late payment which is affected my credit reports bad.

This happens to many of us at least once. An avid TJ Maxx shopper, I spent over a hundred dollars about a week before Christmas. Sometimes I pay by check and I have never had a check returned. I grabbed the wrong check book and wrote a check against the account I don't use much and thought I wrote it against my day to day checking account. I realized it when the check never came in the account I was monitoring and then popped up in my alternate account. I got charged a $35.00 fee from my own bank because of this and now on top of this, TJ Maxx is charging me a $30.00 returned check fee!! Wow, does that stink. Everyone knows that if someone writes you a check and it should not clear, your bank only charges a $10.00 fee. So, they are making money on this? Shame on them. Terrible. No remorse either.

I opened a new credit card in the store (Monroeville, PA) with a fairly large purchase (maybe $300.00). Approx. 10 days later, I receive my new card and my first bill. I go on-line to make my first payment and activate my new card, which I did. The next month, I attempted to use the card and it was declined? I call customer service and they tell me that they sent me a "new card with a chip" and that I had activated it. I explained that it was a brand new card and it did not have a chip. Anyways, I let it go, figuring I just hadn't received it yet. After another week or so, the new card came. The next month, I paid the balance OFF. I come to find out 4 months later that they were charging me a "service fee" of $2.00 a month.

I went online and paid the $12.75 and called again. I spoke with 3 ppl this time, none of which helped me at all. Alexander in collections tried to be very helpful and apologized and thanked me for paying the $12.75. Kudos to him for at least being kind and respectful. WHO would pay off a $300 balance and then allow their credited to be affected over 4 months of $2.00 fees? RIDICULOUS.

At the end of all of this, they REMOVED the $12.00 late fees (that I had already paid) but I am stuck now with a closed acct (which is FINE by me, as I will never shop there again) and am delinquent hit on my credit report and also 3 "Customer service reps" stating too bad, there is nothing they can do. But they sure did apologize 25 times and refund the $12.75? Does anyone know that an apology is meaningless to customers when they do nothing to assist or correct their own errors? I'll never shop there again. There are too many similar stores out there. Kohl's, Ross, Target. :)

I could give a negative 10. The store manager (Jefferey **) rudely refused my return of an expensive item with tags etc on it. He asked me to take it to the store where I bought it. He appeared very short tempered, rude and unprofessional, let alone any politeness or customer service. I suspected that the real reason is that he didn't want to have this returned expensive boots sitting in his store and tried to find excuse to refuse my return. I asked him to write down his name and the reason why he declined my return. He started to lose his temper and threaten to call 911. I was completely shocked. TJ Maxx, please remove such a rude and unprofessional individual from your store. He is a disgrace to any customer driven retailer.

I went into TJ Maxx one day and tried to return something. The lady at the register didn't know how to do returns yet so she called for a manager. The manager (a female with long hair in braid, I would say foreign) came over very rudely and asked what was the problem. The worker explained to her she couldn't do returns so the manager checked me out. Again, I said very rudely she began to get smart with me and asked why I was returning it. I simply told her because it didn't work out. She said ok and snatched and threw the merchandise on a counter behind her. So, at this point I'm very upset. She gave me my cash back but didn't even put the money in my hand. She put it on the counter and slid it to me. I walked out livid... and just because of this very reason I will never come back to TJ Maxx again.

I love TJ Maxx but yes they need to train or hire more experienced cashiers. Texarkana, TX does awesome and I got to know a lot of their long term employees. Unlike Arlington, TX where I've had a young male talk back to me regarding an incident with my receipts. And every time I go it' seems like they always have new employees. That has a lot to say about a business. I've stopped going to the TJ MAXX here in Arlington, TX.

I was checking out the cashier asked if I wanted to apply for a card I said yes. We discover work he proceeded to take my money I had laid 20.00 bill on the counter. The cashier said I did not. And I did. I asked for a manager. He did not seem to want to insisting another clerk showed up. I explained again what happened. He looked around and a little (not in register.) I kept insisting for a manager. Finally one showed up. She seemed to not be interested in helping me. It was as if I was a liar. I asked them to look at their cameras, she said we don't do that. I was about in tears at that point all I wanted was my money. But I didn't get that either. They said she would call me in the Mort, they did not. I called them about 3 pm. He was rude and he said his manager did not see a problem. I feel like I have been robbed and mentally rapped off my dignity. I will never darken their doors again. I'm latterly awakened and discussed. TJ Maxx is a thief.

I purchased several items from TJ Maxx 1401 Hawthorne Blvd (California) on 10/03/2016, which 2 items were damaged. I returned the items and was told that I needed the package they came in. I was upset and left the store, the manager said he would keep the items in the back of store. I returned to the store 2 days later with package. They came in and the manager told me they threw the items away. I could not get the refund nor the items, which means I just gave away money. Then the manager gave me his boss ** and a customer service number. I attempted several time to get someone based on this contact information to address this issue with no avail. They (TJ Maxx) were not accommodating and took my funds for granted.

I had no choice but to write a review of this experience. I have the names of the managers that I was working with; however out of respect for their privacy I choose not publish their names; however TJ Maxx should take some accountable for this adverse behavior and take action. The towels returned were Lauren (Ralph Lauren), and the queen sheet set was Hotel Royale (1050 thread count). The item/s did not stand up under one wash on delicate, and TJ Maxx would not honor the returns and took my money.

I have been shopping at T.J. Maxx for several decades and have had no complaints about my in-store experience. Recently, I have placed a T.J. Maxx online order for the first time. The items did not fit. I went to my local T.J. Maxx to return the items. I was shocked at what happened. The salesperson and the manager told me that the items could not be returned at the store because I did not bring the plastic bags in which the items were wrapped. I did bring the receipt with me. All the tags were on the items intact. Apparently, they could not identify the items based on the tags and needed the plastic bags!!! However ridiculous that is, I would gladly play by the rules if they were explained on the website. On the contrary, no such information was provided either at the time of placing the order or when I was reading the return policy. When I mentioned this to the store manager, she snapped at me and said that this information was on the website.

I was not able to find this information online when I came home. In addition, T.J. Maxx online customer service works only Mondays through Fridays. Not only have I wasted my time. I am also now faced with paying $10.00 in return shipping fees. I have sent the customer service an inquiry and a request to waiver the shipping costs. I have not received an answer yet. BOTTOM LINE: T.J. Maxx practices a shameful, unfriendly, and deceitful customer service! I doubt I will ever shop there online.

I was picking up a lay away item that I put in because I did not want to make the looong line at the register the day I was there to pay the item. I thought, I will put it in lay away since nobody was there and pick the item another day. Today, I was there to pick up my item, and I could not believe that I have to wait in line for more than 45 minutes because one of the employees were picking up lots of items and TWO EMPLOYEES were attending this woman because I believe she was a manager. I CANNOT BELIEVE that employees can do that in regular customers time. I was weary and this woman (an employee of there) was bossing around another employees to bring her cart to take her stuffs. No even please or thank you. I believe that employees have all the rights to buy merchandise and put them in lay away but not in customers time. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS STORE ANYMORE!!!

In store experience: it seems like all the customer service were either chatting amongst themselves. When ask for help, they were slow and rude. As if you are bothering them. Online store: my first and my last time shopping there ever. I order two items. According to tracking, they were both shipped. Only to find out when I open the package that one item was missing. We are talking about a medium size dog mattress. I'd understand if it was something small and they forgot, but I only order TWO items and one of them was a mattress for dogs. They charged me and I HIGHLY doubt they will give me refund b/c according to their tracking, it was SHIPPED. TJ MAXX is the BIGGEST SCAM OF THE CENTURY. I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR MORE AT THAT STORE. They should be ashamed of themselves.

My card was charged from another state 1000 miles away and TJX Rewards held me responsible for that. While I am in possession of the card, how can someone use the card and I should pay? The customer support pretend to be dumb. I have to pay $101 for no purchase!!

I love this store, good prices for fair quality items but I have shopped a lot of TJ Maxx stores and I have never seen bigger people working in them. I mean never. The Abilene store only has young tiny females, which is fine for them but I thought that Hollister had that market covered. I agree with the rest of the reviews. We need grown ups working somewhere for the store and it would be nice if they represented their customers more.

Ever try to buy runway items at TJ Maxx, and then return them, with a receipt, all tags attached, within the allotted time, only to have them look it up in a handheld computer, call 10 people over to examine the item, whisper about you in a huddle, ask you if you switched the ticket, and then ultimately decide to take the item back begrudgingly because they have to? Welcome to TJ Maxx where customer humiliation is the "service du jour". Their "descriptions" rarely match the item, so the 16 year old minimum wage high school kid at the register has no idea what to do.

They're not empowered to make a decision, so the manager is called. That manager will take his/her sweet time, walk around the floor for a while, ask a few other people, all while you are standing at the register feeling like a criminal over a pair of pants or a sweater. I'm a shopper. I also worked in retail. I am also an executive and I have never witnessed such horrific customer service and lack of knowledge in a retail store ever anywhere in the world, and I've been everywhere. From the red tags on the clothing, to the "I need to look this up" "this doesn't match" "have to call the manager" policies, this place is a garage dump. Lost my business and my $$$. Yes. All of that.

Do you even look at what you purchase and what it promotes? What is the message to a high-need neighbourhood when the home decor you chose to sell looks like a crack pipe (see pictures below!). As an educator who deals with students facing these situations in their lives, I found this item extremely offensive and of poor taste! We are in a national crisis with crack and cocaine, and proudly modeling the artifacts as home decor is a slap to the pain and suffering many in the community are struggling with! I would hope these items are promptly removed from all shelves!

I have never felt so uncomfortable shopping in a store before. I am at unless Ridge Hill, Yonkers. I was making a purchase at the register. I noticed the cashier kept looking at the ticket. I asked "is everything ok." She said, "no, this is not the price for the item." She then took the yellow label off. It was a Calvin Klein hand bag for 59.99 down yellow ticket to 30.00. I told her I didn't place it there and she proceeds to ignore me. She calls over another person who is in charge of the front.

I guess she was in charge but she had no name tag. She said "the price is 59.99 and I won't sell it for less" and she walked away. I decided to leave the bag and not make a commotion. Little did they know next to their register was my daughter. As my daughter is placing her items on the register she hears the two girls talking. The cashier said "don't put the bag away, I want it." Then she heard the cashier says "it's part of the purge, half off. Mark it down." And the girl that was in charge did. I find that to be disgusting customer service, rude and disrespectful that the workers would take thing from their customers.

My daughter walked away and said "I don't want my items." When the cashier noticed we were together she just rolled her eyes. I tried looking for a manager secretly but could not find one. So I asked an associate on the floor for a manager, she pointed out this tall kid. I asked for his name, she said Elvis. I never approached Elvis because how can you talk to a kid about his cashier's acting like little kids. TJ MAXX FIND SOME GROWN UPS TO BE YOUR MANAGERS TO RUN YOUR STORE, NOT KIDS. I want an adult to talk to, not someone my son's age. DISGUSTING...!

TJ Maxx Company Profile