3.73/5

355 TJ Maxx Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

I always shopped TJ Maxx and Marshalls for their low designer brands. I never cared if something was the latest in fashion, so when I could find it here it was good enough for me. But in the last five years I find myself returning MOST of my clothing purchases. Today's purchase is what prompted this review. Again, I get the stuff home, after trying it out in stores, to find defects. Always defects. I bought a linen blazer that fit me alright. I got home and found that the lining inside is all bunched up as if the fabric was caught under the stitching. And on the jeans I bought, one of the legs is turned funny so that the seam is turning out toward my knee. Another thing that I think about is the fact that some of the clothes look like they have been been picked over, trampled on, and been on the shelf for who knows how long... are just about the same price at some of the department stores. So I believe I'm done buying clothes here.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Edgewater, NJ store - Bad Service. I go to this location often but lately the quality of the merchandise is poor. Also, the team is often rude and impersonal. I think it's a management issue, she is rude and treats the employees in a condescending manner. You never know who is listening or observing and I don't think you want customers witnessing that type of behavior. There should be a customer service training in place. But if the management personnel is bad what can you expect from the workers.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I called TJM TWICE BECAUSE I DID NOT RECEIVE A BILL. I know the payments must be received before the 19th of the month. I spoke with the store manager. She told me to drive to the store and make my payment. I told her the payments are sent to a bank, not paid at the store. She was nasty, and impatient. She said, "I told you what to do, (drive to the store)." The store manager does not know how payments are made? After one half hour of talking to computer I spoke to a "Person". Again I said I did not receive the bill, and would appreciate removal of the late fee. She said there was nothing she could do. And said if the bill comes in my mail today I should pay it. For what? It's still overdue. I called the CEO. Spoke with a very nice lady, her name was Cindy. Then I received a call from one of the executives. He said he would speak to the employees. That was approximately 2 weeks ago.

This morning 4/23/2019, I called again. I was going to suggest the bill get mailed to a different address. "You cannot speak to a CEO," THAT Is FOR EMPLOYEES. I tried to tell her I did speak with a CEO, but the phone was slammed down and I heard loud music. I think the employees of TJM should be "toilet trained" in how to treat a customer. I suggest they go to Nordstrom and learn the meaning of respect.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Do not order Rae Dunn items... or anything that you really want. Anything you order that is fragile will be delivered damaged and they make you jump through hoops to get your money back, even though then know no packing material was used to secure the item! The customer care representatives can do nothing to help at all. Many times part of your order will not be shipped, you will be charged and then you have to wait until it’s been 11 days before you can even start to get your money back. They make YOU call back, they know the items won’t be shipped but still have to wait! I’ve even seen a label created and nothing! Just another way to charge the card knowing the items won’t be shipped. Very unethical company. Buyers beware!

Original review: April 15, 2019

T.J. Maxx is a terrible company. I advise the public do not order online from them nor go into their department stores and buy anything from them. I placed an order online and received it. Returned to the store. They would not give me my shipping and handling refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TJ Maxx?

Original review: April 15, 2019

Wow I will NEVER EVER order online from TJ Maxx again. I never write reviews but it’s been such a bad experience that I have to. Placed an order 2 weeks ago, still hasn’t shipped. They cancelled half of my order 2 weeks after placing my order because it’s “no longer in stock”. Ok then WHY place HALF of my order instead of emailing me letting me know there’s only 2 of the 4 pillows left in stock? Called them, they said, “There’s nothing I can do or that they can do.” I said “I ordered 4 pillows for a reason. I don’t want the other 2 if I can’t get my full order”. Once again, there’s “nothing they can do”.

They’ve created this mess and I’m left wondering if my package is even gonna show up considering it hasn’t shipped yet and it’s past the delivery due date. Also I’ve called several times and every time they say there is nothing they can do. This company is a JOKE And absolute sloppiest company I’ve ever dealt with. Can’t wait to return the 2 pillows (if I ever even get them) & never order from them again. Trust all these bad reviews!!! I should’ve before I ordered. But now I know. Never again.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I work in the Call center for TJ Maxx Online. I get nothing but horribly upset customers all day because their items haven't shipped and it's been more than ten business days. Their items arrived damaged and by policy I have to send them on an entire Lord of the Rings quest to receive a refund. They didn’t receive an item and I can’t send it out. They are sent a wrong item and I can’t issue a refund until after the CUSTOMER sends the items back to fulfillment (literally the slowest working warehouse I've ever heard of) receives the item(s) and THEY issue the refund, or anything else you could think of that could go wrong and the customer pretty much has to solve a problem that we created.

I'm one of the few reps that actually does everything they can to get the customer happy but when I'm on the phone for too long trying to go above and beyond for a customer, I have my supervisor looking over a desk or walking up to mine telling me to speed it up. I treat every customer how I would want to be treated if my stuff got lost or what have you... horrible company, horrible policies, horrible system, horrible shipping... it's just bad.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Purchased a Kenneth Cole two piece swim set for my spring break trip next week. Unfortunately they only sent the top! It blows my mind that they ONLY sent half my order. What type of employees do they have working at their distribution centers to make such a huge mistake! I'd prefer an email stating the item is no longer available but NO! Called customer service spoke to a gentlemen who said give it the full 7 day delivery. Waited... nothing! Called again yesterday and they were not helpful. Told me to contact the manufacturer directly and offered no help in the situation. Kept saying, "There's nothing I can do." Offered free shipping but the way they deliver items, not sure if I want to order online anymore!

I order this item with plenty time for delivery and for my trip. Now I have to go back to the store and find another suit. This inconvenienced me more than they know and free shipping DOES NOT CUT IT! I even went as far as contacting the manufacturer, and again I was unsuccessful. I hope someone reads this and makes changes to their work flow because what they're doing makes no sense! Sending someone half of a set... it's actually comical someone that moronic would make such a decision.

Original review: March 21, 2019

In February I ordered 2 farmhouse style tables marked as on clearance at $43 each. I received 2 hideous gold, throwback to the 70s, mirrored, circular wall shelves. The shipping form had the right item description and pricing info. I called TJ. They apologized and said I could send them back for a refund. Ok, fine, I can go out of my way to do that since you can't go out of yours to send the right items, but I wanted the tables. Since there were 2 and they were shipped individually my assumption was there was disconnect in the warehouse and maybe the wrong item was pulled. So I'm asking how to get the right item and am told they can't guarantee that I will if I reorder.

I recalled seeing the same item online with the before-clearance price of $59.99 each and decide to check it out. I pulled up the table with both the regular price and the clearance price and see the issue. The item number is different, also the description is slightly different, but the photo is the same. I made the gamble and reordered using the regular price ad. I finally got the tables, but not at the clearance price and it took several weeks for the refund to be made on the what should have been the first set.

Now here we are on the next order which was placed on March 9, 2019. It's now 3/21 and nothing has shipped. I emailed customer service 5 days ago and was told it was 'processing' and they were having a problem with the warehouse. You think?! 2 of the items in this order are now 'no longer available' per the website. They were available when I ordered, but do you think I will get them now? Most likely not. The REALLY sad part is I used to work for this company and as things are now, I'm ashamed to admit it.

Original review: March 16, 2019

808 COLUMBUS AVE: I purchased a pair of Fendi sunglasses on 3/14/19. Went back on 3/15/19 to purchase another pair of the same glasses. There was an issue with the glasses not having a price tag and I was told I have to go home and bring the proof of purchase. After showing the price tag and receipt to woman at the register that was originally helping me Adelin, the only person who was displaying proper customer service apologizing For all of my inconvenience. The manager Maritza who never came over to try to fix the issue still had an issue with honoring the price. Called another stores then asked me to go back home and get the sunglasses. I spend way too much money at TJ Maxx to be treated this way.

TJ Maxx Company Information