Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Seiko Watches Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2020

I purchased a Pulsar watch brand new online on November 2018. The watch was brand new in its original box. Seiko/Pulsar claims their watches come with a 3 year warranty. I turned in the watch to Seiko to repair the crystal as it was compromised on 2/17/20. I received an email confirmation that the watch was received by them and pending action from myself. Repair #**. JOB #MINORS. CASE #**. SERIAL #700386. BRAND #PULSAR. When I accessed the link, Seiko indicated that they are not honoring the warranty but did not give a reason why. They wanted me to pay $59.06 for a new watch crystal, $4.13 in sales tax, and additional $12.00 to mail the item back to me, totaling $75.19.

I immediately emailed the customer service at custserv@seikousa.com on 2/14/20. No one ever replied to my email request to explain why this was not covered under warranty. I called the customer service number 1-800-722-4452 on 2/20/19 and spoke to one of the customer representatives. I gave her the job number and other pertinent information. At first the rep, tells me that the watch did not include the purchase receipt. I told her the purchase receipt was included along with the service request form that Seiko has on their website for customers to print out when submitting items to be repaired. She puts me on hold for 5 minutes and then comes back and says, they they found the information and because I purchased the watch from an online seller even though it was brand new they do not honor warranties that are not from dealers. She goes on to say if I want the watch fixed then I have to pay the $75.19.

I told her that the watch purchase price was $109.00. Why would I spend $75 when I can purchase a new watch for not much more than they are charging to fix it. I asked them to return the watch to me unrepaired. Seiko did NOT charge a dime to return the watch to me, but if I wanted them to fix it then they wanted an additional $12.00 to mail the watch back. So this is another scam business tactic with Seiko. Not only do they not honor their watch warranties, they try to scam the customer by charging more money to return the item back to them.

The interesting thing is that I took the watch to a local jewelry and watch repair store in mall and they fixed it for $50.00. I will never purchase another Seiko/Pulsar watch again. For a company that used to be associated with quality and stand behind their warranties, they have taken a turn for the worst. They have lost me and my family as customers. I know any new watch I may purchase they will try to weasel their way out of honoring their warranties.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have been owning a Seiko Caravan for over 10 years or more. I have worn it in water swimming because it is waterproof up to so many meters deep. I have only had to replace the battery over the years as expected.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Seiko watch still functional and attractive, bought for $100 in 1990. Wear it almost every day. Crystal has never scratched or broken. Band is metal, stainless steel and has never snapped. Other brands have come and gone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I love Seiko watches. They are well made and last forever. I was an EMT and I also worked in Respiratory Therapy in the local hospital. Having a reliable watch with a second hand was of the utmost importance, for taking pulses and respirations. Also for documentations for medical records. I'm 70 years old and I've only had 2 Seiko watches. The only reason I have had 2, is because the first one was stolen. I'm sure whoever took it, is still wearing it because the Seiko just doesn't quit.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Overall I am satisfied. It's a selfwind. Often runs down overnight. A little heavy and cumbersome, can't button shirts at times. Watch was a gift. I probably would not buy this watch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seiko Watches?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I received a Seiko watch when I graduated Nursing School in 1984. The only thing I’ve had to do is replace the battery. It keeps perfect time. I have worn it every day since May 1984. It is a nurse's style with a second hand and has the same expansion band that came with the watch. I rate this excellent.

Seiko Watches Company Information