Sears Credit Card

Sears Credit Card

2.3/5 (488 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Sears Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Sears Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: June 19, 2022

I gave them one star due to their horrible customer service, both online through messaging and on the phone via the number on the back. I created a new email account as my old one was full of spam and I want to delete it. I have changed that email over and over, sent complaints over and over only to be told to contact tech support via the number on the card. Tech support says it's fixed, but it never is. I reply to messages sent to the wrong email yelling and cussing in capital letters to stop using that email!!! This has gone on for months. I think my only option now is to cancel my online account, then start a new one, just like I had to do a few years ago. What a bunch of inept morons!!

Original review: July 2, 2021

I have an LG washer and dryer which I bought at Sears a few years ago. My warranty was about to end and I received a phone call from Sears with the offer to buy a new protection agreement. First of all, I didn't want to buy it, but the representative said that they offer 12 months interest free if I use my Sears credit card. I agreed, $70 a month is not as bad as $726 in one payment. I received my first bill, paid $100, 1 month later I received the second bill with the interest charge. More than 3 hours later, I'm still on the phone with Sears, I've been transferred 5 times already from one department to another with no help.

The only solution I see right now, is to cancel my agreement. After finally speaking to their employees, I was told that they do not offer interest free payments and their representative misinformed me!! I call it a False advertisement in order to sell their services. Be cautious, when you buy something from Sears so that you don't spend hours with them on the phone without any help.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have a 10+ year history with my Sears Citi card with zero late payments, and a great credit score. I reached out to customer support to try and negotiate a better interest rate based on my history and stellar credit. Not only were they completely unwilling to lower my rate, but they proceeded to cancel my card without letting me know. The person I talked with on the phone was very hard to understand, but I never asked to have my account closed as they allege. That's the real kicker, that they claim I asked to have my account closed, and when I tell them I didn't, they still won't reinstate it. I don't need their kind of business at all, so I paid off my outstanding balance. What kind of company cancels the account of a reliable no risk customer? There must be serious mismanagement going on inside that company. The whole experience was surreal. The off shoring of customer support is also doing them no favors. They will not get my business again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

They charge a late fee for no balance and then tell you they will waive it but are so late doing it that another late fee is incurred. These people are crooked and should be in jail. It does no good to contact them because they lie.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I used this card only for a re-occurring $35 monthly charge. I was continually charged late fees of $28.00 and a minimum interest charge of of $2.00, even though it was paid EVERY month. (Making each $35 monthly charge now $65 - although statement said my balance was 99.98.) Had to waste time calling WORST customer service almost every month to try and get it all straightened out! So called Thankyou points are a joke - my monthly statements say I earned 35 points for each billing cycle - Customer service say I have "0" after having card for well over a year.

I just called and cancelled card - it took me almost 1 hour to finally get it done (after being hung up on, cut off, and customer service trying to put me on monthly automated monthly withdrawal from my checking account as I complained about problems!) BTW - I have other credit cards and have never had problems with them - My credit rating is very good - I hope Citi Bank needs all the additional funds they have collected - they are crooks - they will nickel and dime you to death! I need this all on record to ensure the card has really been cancelled - I DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

AccountCare has been charging me without me ever signing up for such services. I have been calling them since 9/11/20 trying to cancel their services. I have received two cancellation confirmation numbers and now there's been charges to my account because it wasn't cancelled correctly the first time and since the account is 'past due,' I have been charged again for late fees. I have called on 9/11, 9/29, 10/6, 10/23 with each person stating that my case would be "escalated" and someone will call me in 24-48 hours. No one ever calls and all I get is the same letter after every time I call stating my request is under review and to allow 30 days. It's been almost two months and I still don't have my refund onto my account and now my credit is most likely going to be impacted by their inability to cancel and refund me in a timely manner.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Although the rates could be better, I haven't suffered there as I pay my bill off every month. With all of the insane scams going on, they have been very quick to respond to my concerns or questions. They have reissued a new card when I reported questionable phone calls or emails to prevent any fraudulent charges and I appreciate that. Re-issued cards have been promptly sent out so there has been minimal inconvenience.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Me and my wife have been making monthly payments, we called them to get it straighten out but they are saying we never paid the payment. Our bank account showed they took the money, so apparently they making excuses by accusing us. Been fighting with them for months and they already destroyed my credit scores. Gonna make reports to BBB against this company. No wonder why this company is failing and desperate for the money to stay afloat. We are no longer will buy anything that comes from the Sears or Kmart.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Complete fraudulent third-party services from Sears. Took my money. Never received product. Sears has been giving me a hard time for two months refusing to give me my money back even after the company never shipped it and they have all the proof they need. Had to go through my fraud department/credit card. So sad. That’s why Sears is Where they are today.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Updated on 07/17/2020: I just found out that my credit rating went down 80 points with this ** card. I found a fraudulent charge on my credit card and reported to them piously early this year. What happened next was completely **. 1) They cancelled my old card. 2) They issued me a new credit. 3) They reported the fraudulent as unpaid and loaded onto the new card. 4) They did nothing to investigate and told me it was legitimate, they could not provide me with the bill, the company info (see 7 why?). 5) I have nowhere to go to fight this (well, the credit card company supposed to fight for you on this).

6) I asked them to cancel this ** new card. I am done with them. 7) People you talked with are in Philippines, they did not speak good English. So what I had to do, was to pay off the fraudulent charge (otherwise it would stand as unpaid and ruin your credit even more) and then my credit rating dropped 80 points later. See each of these 1)-7) actions can lower your credit. Well, if you have this credit card now, cancel it. If you did not have it, don't apply for it.

Original Review: A fraudulent company charged over 300 dollars on my credit card. Sears Credit Card refused to dispute because they said this company has my credit card number. I Well, they must have hired morons in this Asian country. Remember, sears credit card customer service is based in Asia. They cannot dispute for you for any stolen card, fraud.... no wonder they are going bankrupt. Sears credit card suck!

Sears Credit Card Company Information