Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Sears Credit Card
3.42/5

Sears Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

329 Sears Credit Card Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

The apparent change in credit card provider is a complete fail. Every online bill pay customer when logging-in should be rerouted to new site and login/password should remain the same. Instead, it appears their one or two mailings and a email among all the other junk mail we get has gone unnoticed by many. Following their directions also has not worked. Had me thinking I was get either fraud calls or fraud mailings.

My current card in wallet does not match my paper account numbers. I can't log in to some new site, but I can log in still to old site with NO NOTICE of this account and site is no longer active. Instead it shows a zero balance as I had expected. Yep, I have late fees they were will to take off but that is not my point. I had to waste tons of time on the phone trying to get to the bottom of why can't I log in and their mess, but the trained "monkeys' can't actually provide service. They have to keep transferring to a person who can only do one thing, from a script, and they are more worried about getting their money. They actually would not freeze card, or help me get into account if I did not pay up first.

Well, They can now waste "stamp" money with my paper bills and junk mail every month. They will not profit, because although I live close to one of their remaining Kmarts I will no longer shop there, nor will I ever use this card again....Unless I know I am dying. No estate, no kin. They will never see a penny out of me again. Corporate America is going down hill. Glad I can afford to pay cash for most of my needs. Can't wait to share my experience with my ACCOUNTING and STEM students!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I am legal guardian to a cardholder and was attempting to update card information as well as acquire a new card for my client. Customer Service representative was kind to hear both my client and me on the line. In the process we found out that there is a wrong social security number associated with the card and was transferred to 'Consumer Protection' group. The representative in this department said they would only speak with the cardholder after I told them I am the legal guardian trying to help my client resolve the issue they have with her card.

More than three times they said, "And just a reminder this call will be monitored and recorded." They asked for the password to the account. I told them there is no password because it has not been set up with one. They insisted on the password and I had to tell them a second time there is no password. I told them we were calling to acquire a new card because the old one is expired and that they have the wrong social security number.

We were asked for the phone number and when the representative said they would EITHER send a text to that number or send a letter I interrupted to inform them the phone number on file is a landline number and the letter received states the card must be used by September 30th or my client loses her account. I informed them I have the social security card in front of me and can send it to them, and asked for a faster way to verify. The representative in Consumer Protection stated they will either call that number or send a letter. So, if my client does not get this resolved she loses her account because of their limited ability to verify the person.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I’ve never had a credit card company not give me my money back for a dispute and most credit card companies give us our money back, no questions asked, period. These people are liars, every time I call them every representative tells me something different about the same situation, they have a new policy everyday, and they will lie, cheat, and do everything in their power to not give you your money back. I've never dealt with a credit card company that we can't speak with the person handling our claim, that works against me instead of help me, or who really does not want to return my money from a dispute. It’s really shady how the investigators hide behind the scenes and scam and lie to not approve our disputes. They ask for one thing and when you send it, they lie and deny your claim saying they didn't receive the information.

Whoever is handling the claims needs to be fired because they are crooked and obviously don't know how to do the job. They act like it's going to kill them and cost them to return your money from a dispute. Do not get this card or do any business with this shady company. The Shopyourway rewards department is also illiterate. I have a lot of points that are not showing on my account, I called shopyourway, they said I have the points but they don’t know why they’re not in my account to shop, they transferred me to sears, (when they are supposed to be the ones handling the shop your way points), then sears transferred me back to them, and they transferred me back to sears. This went on all day and no one knows why my points aren’t in my account to shop online or in store, and they told me if I want to use my points I have to call and place an order over the phone to use my points.

This whole company is illiterate and now I understand why sears has been shutting down. They don’t know how to handle ANY business with ethics and honesty. I’ve never been unconfident in my credit card company, and I don’t understand why these people will make you pay for unauthorized transactions on your account instead of just give you your money. I will be contacting the CEO of Citi to let them know how Sears are liars, and misrepresenting their brand to hopefully have them cut all ties with shopyourway. I’ll also be contacting the attorney general, the BBB, and whoever else I can to make them aware of the scam this company is running in hopes of getting them shut down, and have no reputable company merge their name with these liars.

I won’t rest until everyone knows what’s really up with this company and shut them down, so we can all start a lawsuit for the return of our money because according to the many reviews I’ve read, they have gotten over on millions of people and will not return their money from disputes either, sad. They probably deny our disputes to pocket the money for themselves.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have been a card member since 2016. Never late fee. Now it seems the two attempts I have tried to pay my card have failed. Then I find the number has been changed (without warning). Now it seems I will have my first late payment. I'm Not happy that this company doesn't care enough to make sure I can Make a payment on time! They seem to be trying to collect late fee!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Had 100% payment history with the credit card company! Never late! Always on time! Had bought a complete kitchen set, fridge, stove, dishwasher. Well when they decided to close their stores, I guess they decided to screw the loyal customers that they had. Didn’t send any notification that they were closing my card, no phone call! No email! No correspondence whatsoever! I go to use my card find out that the account number is no longer active so I called the 800-number only to be told oh well we changed your account number you should be getting a new card in the mail within 6 to 8 weeks.

Call back because it didn’t make any sense how something that major could change on my credit card without notification, then was told, “oh no we closed your account because of something on your credit!! Lmao! Lying... I won’t even say what I want to! NOTHING derogatory was on my credit! ??% Payment history with my creditors! Long standing credit I might add! Not only did they close my ** without letting me know, but I had a warranty on my refrigerator!! So now I’m screwed out of that! Scandalous!! It’s ok! God don’t like ugly!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 9, 2019

My credit card was used twice around the world and I had never swiped it anywhere. This means Sears was hacked or somebody was selling the information. I also later purchased an item online and was double charged. The seller provided me a refund (he saw both transactions) but Sears was still double charging me. I asked for my money back which Sears initially did give me, but they actually took it from the seller (the single transaction left that the seller should have had). So the seller decided to reach out to his company and they get the money back. Now I'm out a couple of hundred because Sears is incompetent. I reached out to them and they sent me a letter ("proof") that it was a rightful charge. Funny thing is they're only disputing that I DID buy something, not that I was double charged. They totally ignored the situation. I was complaining about being double charged, I was not disputing the fact that I bought something or not.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had the Sears store card for about 6 months. 2000 dollar limit. So with 350 dollars on my card and flawless payment history the idiots dropped my limit to 400.00. Thank you Sears for destroying the credit that I worked so hard to fix... IDIOTS. Plus what happened to the Craftsman quality? I traded my Harbor Freight tool box for a Craftsman. It was made from aluminum foil.

Original review: April 28, 2019

These people are thieves. NEVER get a Sears card. I am on paperless billing. I paid off the card in November 2018. In December 2018 there was a $23 charge. I did not receive a statement in December 2018, January 2019, or February 2019. In March 2019, they sent a statement saying my account was four months overdue, but that's not the worst part. THEY CHARGED ME 1000% interest on that $23. The bill ended up being $230 dollars. Customer service was COMPLETELY unhelpful and lied. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have completely given up on Sears bankcard customer service. I called them to complain about unauthorized charges on my card over 2 months ago. At first I gave my report to the unauthorized charges department. I called 2 weeks later to follow-up and was told that I actually had to call the Fraudulent Claims Department. So, I did. I then called 2 weeks later and was told that my claim had been sent to the Presidential Offices. So, I called them to follow-up. They said they would contact me within 2 weeks.

When they didn't, I called them. And, believe it or not, they said that too much time had passed (117) between the charges and today, so they couldn't be helpful. Half of the 117 days were waiting for Sears to investigate the charges. So, I asked to speak to her Supervisor as was told they would get back to me within 48 hours. They make it so difficult and make you jump through so many hoops to file and see through unauthorized charges. I have to option than to take them to small claims court. If they think I cannot, they are sorely mistaken.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Sears was my longest line of credit. After being with them for over 10 years they closed my card. Never once made a late payment (not even a day). My card wasn’t maxed out. In fact I was paying it off. I specifically called and asked someone if I paid it off in a debt consolidation would my card be closed. The representative guaranteed me that it wouldn’t. She told me that she would leave notes on my account stating that I did not want my account closed. A month later it’s closed. I call in and dispute it saying that the representative promised it wouldn’t be closed (otherwise I would have just excluded that card from the consolidation).

They investigated it and said they heard the rep promise me it wouldn’t be closed and there were notes added on my account but they still weren’t going to reopen it. She said sorry and hung up on me. This company is a joke and this is exactly why they are going out of business. Thank you to whomever made the decision to give them the ax!

Sears Credit Card Company Information