Find a Credit Cards partner

Sears Credit Card

2.3/5 (487 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Sears Credit Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Sears Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 2, 2021

I have an LG washer and dryer which I bought at Sears a few years ago. My warranty was about to end and I received a phone call from Sears with the offer to buy a new protection agreement. First of all, I didn't want to buy it, but the representative said that they offer 12 months interest free if I use my Sears credit card. I agreed, $70 a month is not as bad as $726 in one payment. I received my first bill, paid $100, 1 month later I received the second bill with the interest charge. More than 3 hours later, I'm still on the phone with Sears, I've been transferred 5 times already from one department to another with no help.

The only solution I see right now, is to cancel my agreement. After finally speaking to their employees, I was told that they do not offer interest free payments and their representative misinformed me!! I call it a False advertisement in order to sell their services. Be cautious, when you buy something from Sears so that you don't spend hours with them on the phone without any help.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have a 10+ year history with my Sears Citi card with zero late payments, and a great credit score. I reached out to customer support to try and negotiate a better interest rate based on my history and stellar credit. Not only were they completely unwilling to lower my rate, but they proceeded to cancel my card without letting me know. The person I talked with on the phone was very hard to understand, but I never asked to have my account closed as they allege. That's the real kicker, that they claim I asked to have my account closed, and when I tell them I didn't, they still won't reinstate it. I don't need their kind of business at all, so I paid off my outstanding balance. What kind of company cancels the account of a reliable no risk customer? There must be serious mismanagement going on inside that company. The whole experience was surreal. The off shoring of customer support is also doing them no favors. They will not get my business again.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

They charge a late fee for no balance and then tell you they will waive it but are so late doing it that another late fee is incurred. These people are crooked and should be in jail. It does no good to contact them because they lie.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I used this card only for a re-occurring $35 monthly charge. I was continually charged late fees of $28.00 and a minimum interest charge of of $2.00, even though it was paid EVERY month. (Making each $35 monthly charge now $65 - although statement said my balance was 99.98.) Had to waste time calling WORST customer service almost every month to try and get it all straightened out! So called Thankyou points are a joke - my monthly statements say I earned 35 points for each billing cycle - Customer service say I have "0" after having card for well over a year.

I just called and cancelled card - it took me almost 1 hour to finally get it done (after being hung up on, cut off, and customer service trying to put me on monthly automated monthly withdrawal from my checking account as I complained about problems!) BTW - I have other credit cards and have never had problems with them - My credit rating is very good - I hope Citi Bank needs all the additional funds they have collected - they are crooks - they will nickel and dime you to death! I need this all on record to ensure the card has really been cancelled - I DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

AccountCare has been charging me without me ever signing up for such services. I have been calling them since 9/11/20 trying to cancel their services. I have received two cancellation confirmation numbers and now there's been charges to my account because it wasn't cancelled correctly the first time and since the account is 'past due,' I have been charged again for late fees. I have called on 9/11, 9/29, 10/6, 10/23 with each person stating that my case would be "escalated" and someone will call me in 24-48 hours. No one ever calls and all I get is the same letter after every time I call stating my request is under review and to allow 30 days. It's been almost two months and I still don't have my refund onto my account and now my credit is most likely going to be impacted by their inability to cancel and refund me in a timely manner.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Although the rates could be better, I haven't suffered there as I pay my bill off every month. With all of the insane scams going on, they have been very quick to respond to my concerns or questions. They have reissued a new card when I reported questionable phone calls or emails to prevent any fraudulent charges and I appreciate that. Re-issued cards have been promptly sent out so there has been minimal inconvenience.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Me and my wife have been making monthly payments, we called them to get it straighten out but they are saying we never paid the payment. Our bank account showed they took the money, so apparently they making excuses by accusing us. Been fighting with them for months and they already destroyed my credit scores. Gonna make reports to BBB against this company. No wonder why this company is failing and desperate for the money to stay afloat. We are no longer will buy anything that comes from the Sears or Kmart.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Complete fraudulent third-party services from Sears. Took my money. Never received product. Sears has been giving me a hard time for two months refusing to give me my money back even after the company never shipped it and they have all the proof they need. Had to go through my fraud department/credit card. So sad. That’s why Sears is Where they are today.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Updated on 07/17/2020: I just found out that my credit rating went down 80 points with this ** card. I found a fraudulent charge on my credit card and reported to them piously early this year. What happened next was completely **. 1) They cancelled my old card. 2) They issued me a new credit. 3) They reported the fraudulent as unpaid and loaded onto the new card. 4) They did nothing to investigate and told me it was legitimate, they could not provide me with the bill, the company info (see 7 why?). 5) I have nowhere to go to fight this (well, the credit card company supposed to fight for you on this).

6) I asked them to cancel this ** new card. I am done with them. 7) People you talked with are in Philippines, they did not speak good English. So what I had to do, was to pay off the fraudulent charge (otherwise it would stand as unpaid and ruin your credit even more) and then my credit rating dropped 80 points later. See each of these 1)-7) actions can lower your credit. Well, if you have this credit card now, cancel it. If you did not have it, don't apply for it.

Original Review: A fraudulent company charged over 300 dollars on my credit card. Sears Credit Card refused to dispute because they said this company has my credit card number. I Well, they must have hired morons in this Asian country. Remember, sears credit card customer service is based in Asia. They cannot dispute for you for any stolen card, fraud.... no wonder they are going bankrupt. Sears credit card suck!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

The Sears store card was my first credit card ever. I got it in 1994 and have had no issuers until recently. I don’t use it but once a year to keep it active. On Oct 23, 2019 charges were charged to my account I didn’t know until Oct 24, 2019 when the fraud department was texting me about a charge I replied with the N for no. Then I got a phone call asking me if I charged over 3,000 grand in California I replied no. They said, "we are closing your account and getting you a new card to a new account." I had no idea that any charges were actually charged to my card. Until I finally was able to get into my online account and saw there were two charges for over 3,500. This was ridiculous. They didn’t catch this until the third attempt in the same sears store.

Now everything is screwed up waiting on a new card and a new account to be opened and the other one closed. They made it seem like it was an easy process absolutely not at all. I have since spent hours on the phone with customer service and the fraud department of sears Citibank credit cards and have been told nothing that has actually happened the way they said. So this happened on 10/23/019 found out on 10/24/19. On 10/26/19 I was trying to get into my account with absolutely no luck. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with a girl from customer service who told me that the charges would be taken off my card within 72 hours. I still couldn’t get into my account so I kept trying with no luck.

I called back to customer service on 10/30/19 this was it for me. I spent over 3 hours of my life getting nowhere and told different information every time. 45 minutes with a girl who knew nothing and should of put someone on the phone with me who did. I hung up on her getting no where being told I couldn’t get into my account until I received the new card that was only sent out the day prior on 10/29/19 and it could take 7-10 days. I called the fraud department. There I spoke to someone who made me feel even worse. She was asking me when was your card stolen. I replied it wasn’t. I have it right here and she was saying things like she didn’t understand why the charges were still on my account and so on.

I ended up getting off with her calling back to customer service and requesting to speak to a supervisor. A nice guy gets on the phone and says he has both my accounts open in front of him and told me I was locked out of my new account for 24 hours because the girl prior had updated my phone number. Whatever, I had enough. He called to the fraud department to see why the two accounts were still open and the charges transferred to my new account. I ended up being transferred to another fraud person and told that this is the way it’s done. The actual investigation takes up to 90 days and that one charge had already been removed the smallest amount but still waiting on the other one to come off. She told me that once the investigation is complete they update the credit bureaus with the fraud account and then have the new account on there.

So I finally got into my online account yesterday and changed my password but I can’t do anything else it’s locked for my protection. I can’t get into my account I have had since 1994 but somehow someone was able to use my information to charge over 3,500 worth of stuff. I don’t understand. I’m the owner of the account and I can’t even get into it. So now after the call today I am closing my account once this investigation is over. I’m done. I will take the hit to my 850 credit score for closing an account. I can’t deal with this anymore.

So I get my new card, I call the number to activate the card, it transfers to a person who asks me a bunch of questions that relate to my account security questions things like that. I’m ok with it until he has to put me on hold and comes back asks me some other questions and then tells me he can’t activate my card. I will either receive a call or a letter explaining what I need to do. I had to hold back. I’m so aggravated. So I have a new account, a new card and I can’t use it.

I’m done with this. I’m closing this account as soon as I can. I cannot believe that someone who doesn’t have any of my info except the credit card info can charge but I can’t even activate my new card. This card is horrible. Citibank has always been horrible and many years ago I had an issue with them so I closed my account and I should have closed this one once sears had to be taken over by Citibank. I hope this helps anyone who is attempting to get credit with this bank. It is horrible. I can understand protecting me and my new account but this is ridiculous. I had every alert possible checked on my account and they didn’t even catch it until the third attempt and now I’m the one suffering because of it. Don’t get a Citicard or Sears Citibank.

Sears Credit Card Company Information