Sears Credit Card

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got a promotional deal on my Sears card for 0% interest for a year. Well I'll have it paid off November 1st but while I paid twice a couple of months they charged me two $25 late fees. I pay on the 1st every month and extra. Two months I paid on the 30th as well. The 30th payments I made did not go toward my next month payment because I didn't wait for the close of the statement. Instead of paying 6/30 I should have waited to pay 7/1. They did the same thing August. So now I have $50 in late fees.

I got online today and did the chat thing and got them to reverse the $50 late fees. Then I asked when my next due date was and the person tells me 10/23/16. I made a payment 9/1 for the 9/23/16 payment then I made a payment 9/30/16 for the 10/23/16 payment. Well the payment I made on 9/30/16 did not go toward my 10/23/16 payment because I did not wait till the close of the statement on 10/1/16. If I wait to pay 11/1 like I was going to and pay the card off they are going to charge me another $25 late fee. I will never use Sears again. They are robbing their customers for paying early.

I have a Sears/Citibank customer for quite some time now. It's not been a good experience. First, Sears/Citibank offered me that fraudulent Account Care insurance and it added on more money on my account. It does nothing to help you in the case you become unemployed. They also added a deceitful promotional balances without explaining the terms to you. I also had specifically asked to have my email changed. I called three times to do this and they still screwed it up. Don't use this company. They're using and taking advantage of their customers.

I have been a Sears Citibank credit card customer for more than six years. As of recent when my credit card was due to be replaced due to expiration they never bothered to send me a new card, and closed the account without my knowledge. When they called and left me a number to return call he went to another company. When I called the number on the card They rerouted me to another department with only India speaking people. When they rerouted me again is when they told me the account was closed without any prior knowledge. Due to the extreme level of incompetence that I am now experiencing I am going to pay off this account, closed it and notify anybody that will read this to please never do business with this company again. Their customer service is beyond poor and if you read other reviews you will find out the same. Pick a new company to do business with. Have a nice day, Ken.

I got bill in sept. Had late fees. I thought huh? I do not overlook paying bills. Am very on top of things. Thought their error. I did buy some stuff from kmart online over the summer but thinking acct paid off so went to acct. online saw I did have a statement for aug. I somehow lost it probably to had extra stress to 'other' stuff going on. So after going to acct. online and figuring up the balance due I contacted Sears to request to waive late fees. Said it was true oversight on not paying bill in aug. They said they cannot waive any fees until the acct. is up to date so I paid the balance of $25.25 off. I thought this was what they meant. I got a bill the other due in oct. day with more late fees.

So contacted again but the email not go through the site being very glitchy. I saw I had a reply from messages on the matter in sept. but I could not get it to open to read so I did live chat which I hate. The rep was not professional at all kept making typos and did not address what I was saying. Just kept giving me the runaround then cut me off. I finally got it to let me open the replies on messages. A rep said they gave me one $37 credit but have to pay the rest of the late fees or will keep adding up and to phone the collections' dept. What good would this do? Sears Credit Card are the ones who need to waive/credit the fees. The late fees left are nearly $70.

I refuse to pay this too. Is throwing money out the window and I have no balance on the acct. even. I have overlooked paying on time in past. Recently I did another store credit account too was having extreme pain to some unknown reason. Ended up going to e.r. Was put on high dose of a certain rx med which caused me to be totally "out of it". So really messed up on bills and in other areas of life then. This one waived the late fee and it was only $15. Pls any help. This seems could be considered slander too. I have very good credit and the acct. has no balance on it.

I've had a Sears MasterCard for ages. I recently tried to pay for something and the card was declined. Knowing I had plenty of funds available, I immediately logged in to the mobile site and saw a fraudulent charge for a Walmart on the other side of the country! I immediately disputed it through the mobile site. No confirmation was sent to my email (I'm all electronic), so I decided to call and confirm the dispute. I called the 800# on the back of the card. After the automated system brought up my account, read off my balance, etc., I got to a representative. After saying "hold on, please" "hold on" over and over for about a minute straight, he tells me the account doesn't exist. (I asked him how that's possible if the automated system found it.) He then kept asking me the same questions over and over again. I got frustrated and hung up.

I called right back, went through the automated system again and got to a rep. She pulled my account right up (whew!). I explained that I was calling to confirm my dispute went through because it caused a transaction to be declined. Her response, "The transaction was declined because you don't have enough available credit." No kidding!!! I explained that the reason for that is because of the fraudulent transaction, that I found the fraud because of the declined charge, and that I was simply calling to make sure the dispute was in place. It took her a few minutes to understand what I was saying. Finally, she verifies some info, confirms a different charge and closes my account as "lost or stolen" and the process begins for a new card. (I thought I was in the clear at this point.) The above situations all happened within a 30-minute period during regular business hours.

So, the next day, I still have no communication about my dispute. I reluctantly call customer service again. I get right through, the account is brought right up and I explain everything that happened. I'm actually able to confirm the dispute. Or, as the rep says "the two charges"... TWO?! "Yes, one for this amount and the other one for that amount." The second rep I talked to the day before DISPUTED the charge that she said she was confirming as mine!!! I said "No! That's a good charge! That's mine!" This rep had to contact the fraud department to remove the dispute on the authorized charge. I now feel like I should call daily just to make sure nothing else went wrong. Ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Last July I bought automobile tires at Sears costing $500. I put the cost of the tires on my Sears card. At that time Sears said, "Interest Free for a Year". Since then I purchased several less expensive items at Sears, and put the purchases on my Sears card. I paid the required payments each and every month. Now, a year later my August statement shows interest of $170 on a balance of $600. Of course, I called Sears and spoke with a manager in the Credit Department. They said the $170 interest is not for one month, but for the entire year. They said if I would pay $335 by next week, they would remove the $170 interest charge. Of course, I like any other customer, forgot about the "No Interest for a Year" deal made over a year ago. And I'm sure Sears was hoping we all would forget the "No Interest for a Year" deal so they could hit us with a big interest payment. CUSTOMER BEWARE OF "NO INTEREST FOR A YEAR" DEALS.

I'd not used my Sears credit card in quite some time, but I did make a purchase and then made an alternative payment and received a credit on the account, thinking then it was a zero balance. However, two months from the original transaction I notice in my email there is a balance on the account and it is past due for $5 and some change. I try to log into the account, not successful so I try to reset the password with the credit card I have that is NOT expired until 10/16. Keep getting message "That is not what we have on file" over and over. I call the number for technical support, but b/c the account is past due I am sent directly to the collection rabbit hole.

Finally, I am able to get an off-shore (ugh) representative, goes through the drill of me identifying myself, can't tell me anything, does not know the charges what it was, transfers me to another rep, still off-shore, who tells me that I am being charged a service fee for having the credit card (wrong information). I find out later, I tell her, "If you are going to charge a service fee for this card, close the account right now," she said, "Ok," read me my rights and bang closed after a 13-year relationship. This still does not help me with not being able to get into my account online, yes transferred again, still off-shore, this gal is a bit better, but can do nothing to help because the card I have in my possession, did I mention is not expired yet does not match their records.

Now at midnight ET, I am demanding a US based representative. I get that but again we go through the whole identification scenario and guess what not the information they have on file, with the card I have in my hand that is not yet expired. Yippeee, transferred again! This time the representative, Janet, agrees to credit me for the interest charges caused by the transaction delay processing (right answer), but now the account is closed so I am no closer to accessing my account online. Sleeping on it, I decide that I am not satisfied that I can't track the credit online, I make the mistake of calling again. Same scenario over again, like Groundhog Day (if you know the movie). Go through whole drill with the offshore. 3 reps later get a US based gal. Never ever will I be a Sears credit card user again, HECK I MAY NEVER SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN.

DEAR SEARS LEADERSHIP WAKE UP! Your customers are your business - But it seems you do not care. I told the last representative what you need to do to survive! Your customers are number one - From what I am reading here, you are losing folks in droves! What a horrible experience - you need to alliance with American Express, they have the number 1 CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IN MY VIEW. NEVER, EVER, EVER WOULD I GET FROM THAT COMPANY WHAT I GOT FROM YOURS. Goodbye and good luck! You are going to need it!

I have been a dedicated customer to Sears, for over 25 years. I just found out recently they shut down my account and gave no real solid reason why. They probably are having financial concerns as a company. When I spoke with a senior representative, I was told that I have never paid late and was an outstanding customer of 25 years. I'm sure it is due to the current times we live in, but the reason I am writing this review is for others who have good credit. Be very careful. When they do this it has an adverse consequence on you personal credit score. Currently, I am seeking legal advice as well as disputing this on my credit score.

When I spoke with senior representative Micheal ** (can't give their last names), he told me they have very high standards on customers they allow to have an account with them. I explained to him, that Sears is the only company that has ever shut down an account I have had. I explained that their standards apparently are higher than my Gold American Express Card and Platinum Cards! I will never walk in another Sears store again. I will let my friends and family know what had happened to an outstanding customer of 25 years. This doesn't make much sense. The only thing I can think of, is that they have fallen on hard times. Be careful buying major appliances, and making large purchases with them. They just might do this to you, and mess up your good credit.

I went to Sears to make a payment on my credit card the other day, as I do every month. I was told that my check "could not be read" by their register, and therefore, they could not accept the payment. WHAT? I asked if they could apply the payment manually, but they could/would not. They called customer service for me, and I spoke to Lorie in N. Carolina. While speaking to Lorie, I indicated that I was using a balance-transfer check from my bank, and she said I could not do that (as though this is common knowledge). Again... WHAT? She explained that Citibank's convenience checks could not be used "in person". I told her this was a check from another bank, and she suggested I contact them.

Luckily, my bank was 2 doors down, so I visited them immediately. I explained what had happened (and that I only had the one check, that was already made payable to Sears, that would give me the 0% interest rate), and the customer service rep did not know what Lorie was talking about. She called someone outside the branch to discuss why the check was refused. Both customer service reps agreed that it was likely due to SEARS' system and that I was NOT "prohibited from using the checks in person". Sears may want to EDUCATE Lorie and other representatives, so they can explain to customers that it is THEIR SYSTEM that won't allow them to ACCEPT balance transfer checks on-site and this should be disclosed/posted in stores and on monthly statements, as well. For the customer's sake, there should be a manual override to post these checks to their accounts. This is not rocket science! This turned into a major inconvenience for ME, the CUSTOMER.

No wonder Sears is teetering. Customer service is, and has been TERRIBLE for some time now! THIS customer certainly won't be making my weekly visits to Kmart any longer. This is the second problem I've had with customer service in just a few months. The people in the store are quite accommodating, but whenever you get on the phone to try to resolve something, the representatives are rude and condescending. What a difference, when I went to the bank the check was drawn on. They were able to make the balance transfer while I sat there and even gave me an extra month with 0% interest! This is the last time Sears will be able to refuse a $3000 from me...

We got a Sears card to buy our mattress. They told us "no interest for a year". Stupid us. Did not read the fine print. So after a year goes by... ALL of that accrued interest we were charged! $400!! that's 50% interest on our balance!!! Scam artists. What terrible human beings.

If I could give them 0 stars versus 1 out of 5 I would do it!!! Worst customer service experience ever! I called because there were 2 issues with my account. I was supposed to get a new credit card with the chip on it since more than 2 months ago. That did not happen (first issue) then I tried to request a replacement card for it on the website. The link was disabled and a few more links as well (second issue). So I called the 1-800 customer service # to get this 2 problems resolved. I tried to get them to resend me the card and help me with the links. All I got was 1 hr and more than 10 minutes on the phone with more than 3 representatives, no solution to my problems and a cancel credit card because one of them didn't understand what I was explaining to her.

I just closed my credit card with Sears and Citibank. I was a loyal customer for over 20 years. I tried to pay off a balance in full but unbeknownst to me I was charged for interest on the balance which carried over to the next month. I went out of town and did not open the next month's statement until it was overdue and triggered a late fee. I called and had the late fee removed and paid off extra to cover the interest on the late fee this time. But wait SEARS could NOT REMOVE my LATE FEE because of COMPUTER PROBLEMS and I would have to call later in the week to have it removed.

Later in the week their office was closed.... I just called today and now I have another late fee on top of the late fee. Their POLICY is that they only remove one late fee (even if it was their fault that it wasn't removed before). I talked with several customer service people who only touted "their policy". Tired of the games and being gauged I am not a Sears customer anymore. I hope they don't ding my credit rating like they have with other disgruntled customers that I see in the many complaints about this company. NO WONDER SEARS COMPANY is FAILING with their CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE.

I was a member from 2004-2016. I have never been late on a payment nor had the need to utilize customer service in my entire 12 years until a few months ago when fraudulent charges showed up on my account. After providing all evidence to show the charges were obviously not authorized by me, I received a provision credit on my account. Then a month later was re-billed for everything. When I tried to resolve the issue again, my own credit card of 12 years told me there was nothing further they were willing to do to help me. I ended up paying several hundred dollars in charges I didn't authorize simply to be done with the card and not have it destroy my credit. Thanks a lot Citi Sears. I will never again use a Citi card as long as I live.

I've had a Sears card since the 1970s. Kept it after it became a Citibank Mastercard. Since the purchase rewards point program inception, I've cashed in points for gift cards and other rewards. I don't receive paper statements anymore, and I've noticed "points balance" line is not on the online statement anymore. I asked about it with the "live chat" and was told that program has been changed and no points are lost. Gave me a link which took me right back to the homepage I had been on. Tried again with different live chat person, same result.

Called toll free # on home screen and got computer voice info about new program (which is Canadian). I tried to register and computer won't let me. (Screen says it's sending me a password confirmation, and it doesn't, tried 3 times.) Called regular cust service 800 #, could only get "Shopyourway" info from a foreign sounding woman. I am a Shopyourway member. It is not the program I had accumulated over $100 worth of reward points. It's only a little keychain swipe thing that gets you nothing. I fear my $100 is gone.

We have been using our Sears Citibank MasterCard on and off for the last 6 months, all smaller purchases. Now all of a sudden my wife had the card declined for a $50.00 purchase. She was given a phone number to call. My brain says this is not uncommon if they have a customer service number handy. She called the number, first of all the automated system took all the information then disconnected. The second time she got through to a person. The call was a series of confusions. The operators had a poor command of english. I am not biased. Our immediate family comes from 3 different continents.

Firstly she said we were using an old card (exp 2018) then said we should be using the card we got in Nov 2015. I am almost anal with cards and make sure they are signed and the old destroyed as soon as they come. She could not answer why the card worked this year but not now. Best now, she asked if we wanted to make a payment. My wife asked against what and she said "oh I'm sorry I should have said, do you want me to send you a new card."

It sounded like she had no idea what she was doing, and most likely because of all the times when my wife had to ask if she was still there, she must have been reading from a script. Sears CEO phone your numbers as a customer with an issue, see what service you get and then correct the problems. Maybe even use in USA operators with a basic grasp of English. Based on this experience, I am now considering changing a more major purchase to someone else. Sears is not what it was, and one can see why.

As of the credit cards, who knows where they sent the previous cards and they really don't care. Will we get new ones? Who knows? Taking down the address I hope was purely confirmation of address as I have no confidence that she could take it down and get it right. I think it is a bad card, good back in 1992 when we first got it, but now it is a bad choice.

In March 2016 I made a small purchase at the Sears store in Vineland, NJ, and was offered a special discount if I signed up for their Mastercard. I did, and received a "Welcome" activation letter that promised 5 percent statement credits on everyday purchases such as groceries, made before 5/31, plus an extra one percent if I enrolled online. I did and used that card for all my grocery shopping but did not see the rewards mentioned on my monthly statements.

When I inquired on their website, their "customer service" said they had no access to this data but gave me a link to their "" site which was irrelevant and had no information about my account. Next, their customer service said I was enrolled in that "" but two days later told me that "Accounts opened after 01/31/2012 do not qualify for Shop Your Way Rewards." They still refuse to inform me about the statement rewards I had earned with their Mastercard according to their written offer, and they are simply trying to renege on that payment to me by sending me to bogus links. I am surprised that a large and formerly reputable company such as Sears is trying to get away with such a blatant theft from my account.

The worst credit card experience I have ever had! Sears gave me $4,000 credit line in December. Money return for exchange took them 3 months. I have never been late on payment yet 6 months after having the card I get a message that my credit limit has been lowered to $3,750!! with the explanation that every credit card company does it. NO. THE HELL IT DOES NOT! Please DO NEVER EVER open credit card with Citi Sears!!! They are liars and thieves! I will never ever buy anything from the ALL AMERICAN Sears and will pay this off ASAP! Per all of the reviews here I can tell that unfortunately I am not the only one! P.S. Sears is probably run by TRUMP DUMP!!!

People will have a hard time believing something like this nightmare could happen. But, it's true. I wish it weren't. Early last year (Feb 2015), we purchased over $10,000 in appliances at the Sears in Bowie Town Center (Maryland) for our home renovation. We had the money to pay in cash, but the sales lady talked us into applying for a Sears card at the time of sale to get a discount; and we did. I paid off the card right away to avoid interest fees. Unfortunately for us, Sears had forgotten to include a $35 part we had ordered: the kit used to connect our stackable Washer/Dryer together. I called Sears as the workmen were installing the appliances and they arranged to send us a kit - for $75.00 or so in shipping. I complained that we should not have to pay double the price of the item in shipping costs for a part that should have been delivered with the washer/dryer. She spoke to a manager and told me the shipping would be credited back.

Well, the next bill arrives and I discovered that they credited all but $31 of the shipping back. I complained, was promised it would be fixed, and thought all was good. Next month, we get a next bill with a LATE fee, for not paying the remaining fee that had not been credited back after all. I called Sears and again they said they would fix it - as you should expect after buying over $10,000 worth of appliances in one fell swoop.

Next thing I know, I'm getting a COLLECTIONS notice for not paying my next bill - which had not even come due yet! The next bill arrives a few days later, now with TWO late fees attached. I call Sears and the credit card company, both. Again. Sears points at the credit card company. The credit card company points at Sears. Absolutely no one would agree to fix a measly $31.72 charge and the attendant late fees to preserve the relationship with a customer who had just purchased $10,089.00 worth of appliances - and paid that bill in full when the statement came in. Each said the other had to take some action first. I was flabbergasted. Caught in the middle, fed up, I pay the late fees, and demand that they cancel my card and provide me with a letter to that effect - to avoid any further unanticipated charges. Had I known what they would do next.

The credit card company cancels my card - as requested - and sends me a nice letter thanking me for my business. Then, they send a report to Experian that lops 100 point off of my credit rating. This will cloud our credit for 7 years; costing us higher interest rates in the future at the very least; the ability to borrow money at the worst. I have never in my 56 years been so abused by a credit card company. We had a Sears card long, long, ago and closed it out due to disuse. That is one reason I bit on the idea of signing up for another one. I guess we were just lucky back then. Anyone signing up for a Sears card today is risking their credit rating for a very meager benefit. Don't do it.

I have had a Sears card since 1994. I don't carry large balances on any of my cards, and the Sears card was paid in full about six months ago. (I only had about $300 on it, and had a limit of $4,300). My credit score is 875. I have never been late on a payment. This morning, they informed me that if I don't charge something at Sears by March 31, they are going to lower my credit limit to $200. They said that by not using my card I am exposing myself to fraud, and that this was a protection for me. I questioned them on this, and they said I wasn't putting myself at risk ordering online from Sears, but I was by not using my card. It sounded like they were blackmailing me so I would have to buy something from them, or else they would lower my credit to nothing. I threatened to close my account, and they didn't care. They also said that if I close my account, I wouldn't be able to get another Sears Card. What kind of a company is this?

We got a Sears Credit Card with a high credit limit to furnish our rental home. We always made our payments on time until one month we could not make the regular minimum payment. We called and explained that when we received our tax return just two weeks later that my husband and I would pay off the card. The rep said "That was great."

We gave Sears 2400 dollars the day our taxes came in. They still reported us late and all because of that we cannot purchase a house for my children. We sent a letter requesting a goodwill adjustment and they denied our request. Sears ruined a very exciting and important part of our lives that my husband and I have been planning for two years. I'm looking forward to repaying the favor and making sure no one I know in Colorado becomes a Sears customer.

I made my monthly payment via phone for $25 as I always do every month. Then I looked at my online banking then 3 days later and saw that my account was negative $930 along with over $300 of NSF fees. Sears took out the whole balance owing on my card instead of the $25. At the same time, all my other scheduled payments had starting hitting my checking account. That happened on March 31st and I didn't get my money back until today (4/20), which is 20 days later. In addition, they refuse to refund the NSF fees, not to mention the late fees on my CC payments. I was financially devastated and didn't even have money to put gas in my car. This is the second time this has happened to me. The last time was a year ago and I thought it was a fluke. However, each time it happened, I spoke to a live person on the phone which is actually Citibank.

I called to lower my auto payment by $50 since I knew I couldn't make the payment that month. I specifically told the lady I talked to this must go into effect immediately as no funds will be available at this time. She said, "Ok & would take care of it." Well my auto payment went through & it was for the full amount & as I knew, the amount taken out caused my bank account to overdraw. The fees from my bank were almost $50!!!

I called Sears & was told the lady I talked to "forgot" to change it!!! It took me almost 2 weeks to get this all sorted out & caused me to be late on quite a few other payments. THEN I was told by one "manager", I would receive the payment back as well as a $50 credit but since it was a weekend, they couldn't do anything until Monday. On Monday I talked to a different manager, told her who I talked to & what I was told, but she said I would only get the overdraft fee reimbursed as the previous person didn't make any note of the $50 credit. I finally talked to one manager (after 1 1/2 week) who took care of everything correctly. By this time I was so livid I'm sure I wasn't a pleasant person to talk to. I want to pay this off & never deal with them again!!!

When called by Sears I was late in my Feb 1, 2016 payment. I had made a phone payment 1-28-2016. It was lost. This incurred a late fee. I made up the payment plus ask for the late fee to be waived. Sears removes fees from balances but not from the payment registers. They have continued to increase the payment register with late fees for March and April even though I have made payments for those months. After many calls I cannot find any employee with the authority to make the correction. City Bank's Payment register is out of sync with the master account file. They say one thing and do another. When I am forced to pay the overage to right my account where does the money go? Looks like money laundering (fraud). Two sets of Book. Who governs City Bank and Sears? This is happening to all Sears and Macy's customer by City Bank.

There was a huge promotion for 10% cash back statement credit running through Sep-Dec. 2015 for which I got an activation code. Did so, called back to confirm and I was told everything was in order. Waited long enough to see the statement credit which never showed up. Called up twice and they assured it will take 2-3 billing cycles. Still nothing after three months. Today when I called up, they said the offer did not get activated in their system and I should meet them half way through and accept 50 dollars instead of 500 dollars that was due as 10% statement credit for all the holiday shopping I did on that card! They were rude and made it sound like my fault.

I paid off all of balance and closed my account on 12/2/2015. I received payment notice by letter that it was issued on 2/20/2016. Payment date was 2/26/2016. I have no balance on statement. I have no card anymore but it says going to withdrawn $200 from my bank account as recurring payment. I didn't receive this notice on December, January so I went to website to check my closed account and to delete my bank info.

I couldn't delete my bank info because they say recurring payment is already processing for March. Finally decided to call direct and operator helped me cancel auto payment. I also asked operator to delete bank info so I thought she did. Well, after I went to website that my bank account was still there so I deleted myself. Sounds minor what was happened to me but should not happen and I never had this type of problem with other CC company. Closed account and paid full same time and told them reason I don't use anymore. There was no info or question about what's gonna happen with payment.

I have been with Sears for more than 50 years and never had a problem with my bill. The problem they keep sending new cards. Somehow something happen and they claim I am delinquent with my account. Would you please check my acct again and send me the card number which is working. For you to send this to me is so bad. I will never buy anything anymore from sears. It says I have not been paying my bill. Just get to it and check my account. It might be under my husband's name Richard **.

January 2016 received a 0% balance transfer offer via mailed checks and email. Requested a balance transfer online on 1.25.16 to pay off another credit card with a higher interest rate. Was told it would take 7-10 days to process and I would receive notification when it was approved. After no communication I contacted Sears Citibank MasterCard to inquire about the status of my request. Was told it might take up to 14 days to post. Called back on 2.10.16 to follow up and was told it had been processed the previous day although the cc it was to have paid off showed no payment. Told to check in a day or two as it might take the other cc a while to post it.

2.16.16, checked with the cc the balance transfer was to have paid off still no payment, but the balance transfer is showing on the Sears MC. So now I have the same balance on two different cards. Called Sears and was told the payment was converted to a check and mailed on 1.29.16. WTH? In 2016 with all this technology you are cutting checks? I asked to confirm the account no. of the cc they were to pay off thinking it was credited to wrong account, but was told they couldn't access their system due to a glitch. Seriously? So far I've been told it would take 7-10 days to process, then 14. It has now been 22 days since my initial request. I was told it was processed on 2.9.16 and then 1.29.16. Now I have the same balance due on two different cards. This fight is not over but if you don't want one on your hands, DO NOT USE SEARS CITIBANK MC!!!

I've gotten the run around after fraudulent charges were made to my card. On December 28, 2015 I cancelled the card and was told the fraud charges would be taken care of. Now it's February 2016, they are harassing me and messing up my credit. I was told I would receive a confirmation letter on Jan 20th. I never received one. I would strongly recommend not to do business with Sears or Citibank.

I recently purchased a mattress and charged it to my Sears MasterCard. I purchased it online and selected the option to defer the payments for 18 months with no interest. When I received my current statement, there wasn't a promotion applied and I was charged interest for not paying the balance off in full. I called customer service and the representative was very helpful. I had the issue resolved in less than 15 minutes.

I cannot get over this stupid debacle. I want to stop paying my Sears Credit card altogether. Citibank has my Sears card and they keep stripping off its sign in rights. This is the 2nd month in a row this has happened. Whomever is the boss in charge of the department responsible for this you sir are a grade A certifiable BLEEP. To keep doing this to your customers because of your incompetence in integrating systems and your NEW systems refusal of my information for a 2nd time is even worse. Who tested this crap? A chimpanzee?

Sears Credit Card Company Profile