2. Finance

Sears Credit Card

Sears Credit Card
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.28/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Sears Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Credit Card?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had the Sears store card for about 6 months. 2000 dollar limit. So with 350 dollars on my card and flawless payment history the idiots dropped my limit to 400.00. Thank you Sears for destroying the credit that I worked so hard to fix... IDIOTS. Plus what happened to the Craftsman quality? I traded my Harbor Freight tool box for a Craftsman. It was made from aluminum foil.

Original review: April 28, 2019

These people are thieves. NEVER get a Sears card. I am on paperless billing. I paid off the card in November 2018. In December 2018 there was a $23 charge. I did not receive a statement in December 2018, January 2019, or February 2019. In March 2019, they sent a statement saying my account was four months overdue, but that's not the worst part. THEY CHARGED ME 1000% interest on that $23. The bill ended up being $230 dollars. Customer service was COMPLETELY unhelpful and lied. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have completely given up on Sears bankcard customer service. I called them to complain about unauthorized charges on my card over 2 months ago. At first I gave my report to the unauthorized charges department. I called 2 weeks later to follow-up and was told that I actually had to call the Fraudulent Claims Department. So, I did. I then called 2 weeks later and was told that my claim had been sent to the Presidential Offices. So, I called them to follow-up. They said they would contact me within 2 weeks.

When they didn't, I called them. And, believe it or not, they said that too much time had passed (117) between the charges and today, so they couldn't be helpful. Half of the 117 days were waiting for Sears to investigate the charges. So, I asked to speak to her Supervisor as was told they would get back to me within 48 hours. They make it so difficult and make you jump through so many hoops to file and see through unauthorized charges. I have to option than to take them to small claims court. If they think I cannot, they are sorely mistaken.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Sears was my longest line of credit. After being with them for over 10 years they closed my card. Never once made a late payment (not even a day). My card wasn’t maxed out. In fact I was paying it off. I specifically called and asked someone if I paid it off in a debt consolidation would my card be closed. The representative guaranteed me that it wouldn’t. She told me that she would leave notes on my account stating that I did not want my account closed. A month later it’s closed. I call in and dispute it saying that the representative promised it wouldn’t be closed (otherwise I would have just excluded that card from the consolidation).

They investigated it and said they heard the rep promise me it wouldn’t be closed and there were notes added on my account but they still weren’t going to reopen it. She said sorry and hung up on me. This company is a joke and this is exactly why they are going out of business. Thank you to whomever made the decision to give them the ax!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My husband opened a Sears Mastercard around 7 years ago, we were on time with the payments and we even paid it off last year. Due to emergencies, we had to put around $1500 back on it, I was then I was a couple weeks with the payment, not even close to 30 days, one time, mind you, and they lowered his limit from $3,000 to $1800. Since then I have not missed a payment, but yet he got a letter in the mail saying they would not be renewing his credit card, what the heck? He has no delinquencies on his credit, why they made that decision I’ll never know. They are terrible and it doesn’t matter if you are a loyal customer or not, they will screw you over!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The Sears credit card system is literally set up to keep you from paying off balance transfers in time for the promotion to end. I had two balance transfers on my card, and I always pay way more than the minimum. I should have already paid off my first transfer, but then I found out the "system" was misapplying my payments. Only the minimum was going towards the first transfer the rest towards the other. Even calling in cannot solve this because all representatives will tell you is that "the system will not apply anything past the minimum to the first transfer, if you have more than one on the card". It is literally set up to keep customers from paying off the transfers on time, so that they can receive interest money. I did a balance transfer for the entire Sears card and then I closed my account with them. There's a reason this company is bankrupt and I have no pity on them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Sears had given me misinformation after handling my dispute then closed the case. There was no signature on the charge just a printout. Thank everyone that Sears is going out of business and I am never using my card again after being a loyal customer for 30 years. Rest in peace Sears and good riddance.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Sears Card billed me $97.98 for a product I supposedly purchased from Norton. I never ordered or received anything from Norton. There is nothing in my PC remotely connected to any Norton product. I got in contact with Norton this morning and asked them for a detailed printout of my supposed purchase. They could not find any information with my name or email address of any purchase. I received a letter from Sears Card that they have adjusted the $97.98 but that I must pay them $27.00 for the adjustment. How, in heaven's name, can expect me to pay them for something that never happened. They have now threaten me with sending this incident to the three credit card adjusters. What are my options?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have a Sears Citi credit card. One of the worst mistakes I ever made. They have poor customer service and lousy credit cards. I tried using my card and they won't allow me to use my card. They decided to place a hold on my account for real reason. My account is current and I still have credit available to use. They just decided to place holds on my account because they felt like. It's the worst card I have ever had with the highest interest rate. They have piss poor supervisors who don't know what the hell their job description entails. Poor customer service and credit cards, don't use them at all.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I saw a Facebook ad back in May 2018 for this New You Challenge company, which turns out to be a third party purveyor of gym memberships and work out programs. They gave me a great song and dance and as far as I'm concerned, embezzled $300 out of me for a program through one of their third party vendors, it was about 3 weeks later when I got to the gym they set me up with and at that gym, the owners wanted me to sign a contract that was so unholy and personally attacking and setting me up for ultimate failure along with my entire life, and everyone including family to be attached to any possible lawsuits, it was heinous! They stand you in line to wait for 30 minutes at the gym, let you read a tiny paragraph or two up on a website on a huge screen in the gym, then you sign in, then later on in the evening you get another copy to sign.

That moment I had a chance to actually read it and discover the insidiousness of the legal speak in it and from that moment forward when I saw just how damning it was, I refused to have anything to do with the company NEW YOU CHALLENGE or any of their vendors, my "do not trust" factor shot through the roof. Stay away from this company and any affiliates they offer, if you value your life, your finances and your future as well as family's assets too. Any little thing goes wrong, THEY OWN YOU! And everything you have. On the contract they don't give you a copy of up front, you are signing away every legal right you have including any right to counsel should an issue arise and they spell out they will come after everything you own as well as your family and close relatives.

Now whether that would actually stand up in court might remain to be seen, but you just threw away any right you had to legal counsel when you signed it and they spelled it out. New You Challenge refused to give me my money back and did not provide me services that I paid for. So now enter Sears CC company, your supposed to have a right to challenge merchants when things do not go as planned. I did the challenge on the account.

They initially sent me my money back, then took away again because this company NYC claimed I signed the contract, but as stated, they don't let you read the contract in detail or tell you anything about what their third party vendors may or may not do with any aspect of this program down the road, then they walk away from you when you have a problem. Sears CC did the same thing to me, they threw me back to the wolves. I need financial partners that I can trust to have my back when things go south and Sears CC has proven to not be that company. Do not do business with New You Challenge and think long and hard about doing business with Sears - both are NOT customer oriented. Sears in the old days used to be a decent company, but they have changed.

Sears Credit Card Company Information