1.2/5 (19 ratings)

About Fabletics

Fabletics is a subscription-based athleisure clothing company. For $49.95 a month, VIP members receive a selection of curated items from the site. Members also receive additional discounts on all clothing and accessories, including leggings, tops, sports bras, shorts, shoes, jackets, socks, underwear, accessories and select workout gear, including yoga mats and water bottles. Fabletics is well known for its “2 for $24” leggings deal and its association with actress Kate Hudson, who is a co-founder of the company.

Pros

• Can skip a month
  • Credits don’t expire
  • Significant member discounts

Cons

• Expensive without membership

Bottom Line

Fabletics provides members their choice of a selection of leggings, tops, sports bras and other workout gear in exchange for a monthly membership fee. Members also receive discounts on additional products.

How does Fabletics work?

Fabletics is a subscription-based retailer best known for its leggings and other athleisure clothing and accessories. You can purchase items without being a member, but list prices are high without the VIP Member discount.

Potential members start with a quiz to determine their style and preferences. We went through the quiz and it took less than five minutes. Questions cover how and where you like to work out, your preferred color palette, your body type and your clothing sizes.

Once the quiz is over, Fabletics prompts you to sign up for its VIP Membership Program. Members receive a special sign-up offer and get a credit each month to order a new item from the site. Members can also purchase items above and beyond their monthly credit at any time with their member discount, which is up to 50% off list prices.

You can choose clothing or choose to skip each month. If you don't make any selections or select to skip by the fifth of the month, the company charges you the $49.95 monthly membership fee and applies it as a credit to your account.

Fabletics price

The price of a Fabletics VIP Membership is $49.95 each month. New members receive a one-time “2 for $24” deal on leggings, which the company markets as a combined $99 value. We recommend choosing your first leggings carefully, as this is the lowest price you receive throughout your membership.

Typical prices for leggings on the site run from $24.95 to $69.95, but if you’re a member, you get up to 50% off list prices. For the $49.95 monthly membership fee, you also get to choose a qualifying item from Fabletics’ inventory of workout attire. Fabletics charges the membership fee whether or not you make a purchase, but the credit stays on your account and never expires.

The company provides month-to-month subscriptions, so you're not locked into a long-term contract and can cancel at any time.

Fabletics FAQ

What is Fabletics VIP Membership?
You become a Fabletics VIP Member when you sign up for its monthly subscription service. Members receive a monthly credit and up to a 50% discount on all items.
Is there a monthly fee for Fabletics?
Yes, Fabletics costs $49.95 per month.
Do you have to make a Fabletics purchase every month?
No, you can choose to skip a month. Skipping allows you to pause your subscription for the month without being charged. However, you must choose to skip the month between the first and the fifth; if you do not skip in time, you have to pay your subscription fee whether or not you make a purchase. If you don’t make a purchase, the credit is applied to your account for future purchases.
How do you cancel Fabletics?
You can cancel your Fabletics membership at any time by contacting Fabletics via phone or live chat. There is no cancellation fee.

Is Fabletics worth it?

If you plan to use your credit every month, a Fabletics VIP Membership provides a good price on quality leggings. However, if you’re unsure that you would use the account credit each month, a subscription-based model might not be for you. The good news is, Fabletics does have an open cancellation policy, so you’re not locked into a contract if you try it and decide it’s not for you.

Fabletics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 14, 2021

When I first signed up for my membership a few years ago, I thought it was great. You can either purchase something each month, or skip a month. Initially, all my orders went as expected there were no unexpected fees. Quality of clothing was average, but for a discounted price through the membership, I received some good deals.

For the past year, I haven't needed anything, so I skipped many months. I just logged in this past month and made a purchase for July. I ordered order a pair of sweatpants that cost about $54. Then, a few days later, my credit card was charged an additional $49. When I contacted the customer service rep via the website's online chat, she explained that the $49 charge was my monthly membership. Originally when I signed up, if you made a purchase there was no additional membership charge. She refused to refund me that membership fee, even though I made a purchase for the month!

Basically, it cost me $100 for a pair of very average and basic sweatpants. It's not even worth it! If I want to spend $100 on a single pair of sweatpants or leggings, I'd rather shop elsewhere where the quality of clothing is superior. Not sure when the Fabletics policy changed, but I was never informed. Customer service was not helpful in explaining why I was charged an extra fee. I still don't understand what happened. I have decided to cancel my membership and will be returning the sweatpants when I receive them.

Hello Michele,

We are sorry to hear that you disliked our VIP Membership terms. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: June 19, 2021

A few months back, I let my mother purchase something on my Fabletics account using her credit card, which override my card as the card for monthly charges. A month later, she saw a $50 charge to her card and panicked and disputed the charge. I did not find out this had happened until much later. Now, my account has been deactivated and I have been told by Fabletics customer service that I am flagged and now allowed to open a new account using my address because the bank ruled in my mother's favor. It was a mistake on her part, and despite explaining this, Fabletics treats me like a criminal. They refuse to reinstate my account, even though I'm more than willing to provide my credit card for the monthly charge. Their solution is I have to move to change my address so I have an address that won't be flagged. It shouldn't be this hard to spend money.

Hello Lisa,

All feedback is important to us, so we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent member service, someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

They hide lot of the charges and you will be surprised when your credit card is being charged every month. If you are the guy who does not notice what charges are going on your card, then you will lose ton of money just going to the site. They will quietly enroll to you programs and charge for it on a monthly basis.

Hello Ravi,

Daniel

Original review: June 10, 2021

I called to cancel my membership and started with chat and the guy said the computer system was down and ended the chat. I called their number and the rep put me on hold to get some water?? She said she needed water several times and I was on hold for a while. They may want to get more professional reps for this company!! I’ll never buy again because if any problems arise I will not deal with the ridiculous customer service reps!!!

Hello Vanessa,

We strive to provide excellent member services, so it genuinely dismays us when things like this happen. We value the opportunity to resolve this issue and someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: June 3, 2021

After an extremely frustrating ordering process, I FINALLY received my product. The sizing was inconsistent so I had to send one item back for an exchange. That was over a month ago. I have spent over 4 hours with Fabletics customer service trying to get the situation resolved. FOUR HOURS. I still do not have the product. The product I originally ordered and paid for was sold to someone else while Fabletics took their sweet time processing my return. Each time I have contacted their customer service, the agents I have spoke to have been very kind and tried their best to help me, but nothing has ever been resolved. They tell me they will escalate my case, make notes on my account, and to contact back in a few hours or the next day, but every time I contact back I have to re-explain the whole situation. It's not a difficult situation. I am simply returning an item for a different size. This has been going on for 2 months.

TWO MONTHS and my replacement has still not been sent or processed. The worst part is, I think I might actually like the product, but there is no way I will ever attempt to order anything from them again after this fiasco. Spend your money elsewhere if you plan on wearing anything you order anytime in the near future. I am appalled at the way this company handles simple exchanges, especially after touting their easy exchange process. Shame on you Fabletics.

Hello Tyler,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with your order. We value you as a member and want to make things right! Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: March 11, 2021

Ultimate bait & switch with billing. Twice now I've selected to use a member credit for an outfit. Several weeks later, Fabletics charges me far more than 1 member credit. One time it was $89.95 & 2nd $69.95. They refuse to make it right.

Hello,

We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: March 7, 2021

I have earned 1 of their Member Perks. I also have a $40.00 VIP credit. I used my member perk to buy a pair of $49.95 sweatpants. I also purchased a t shirt for 34.94 and one for $39.95. The total cost, before any discounts, was 164.99. I was invoiced for 92.88. The tax was $11.43, and I earned free shipping. The amount of tax did not make sense, but that is what was charged. This means, I paid 92.88 for two short sleeved t shirts, after tax. No thank you! Then, I tried to add up my invoice and the math did not come out. I called customer service. While I was on hold with customer service (before speaking to anyone), I received an email that my order had been cancelled due to "out of stock". This is the third time my order has been canceled by Fabletics for this reason.

I finally got their software to answer my call, I was told, I was next in queue. Then my call disconnected. I called back and spoke to somebody that was clearly reading from a script and was not even answering my question, at all. I told her that she must be misunderstanding me. I was getting nowhere with her. There seemed to be a language barrier. I asked for a supervisor. I was finally connected to someone. The person I spoke to could not make sense of how the order was invoiced either and acknowledged that it did not add up. I then asked her to cancel my order immediately, because I was very frustrated. And, of course, Fabletics was going to cancel it any way. She did this promptly.

This made me happy, but I was sad I was not going to get the items that I ordered. Then, I started looking at my invoice. The math DID NOT add up. This really bothered me. I had my daughter look at it too, and it did not add up. I captured a screenshot (I'm so glad, I did), because something did not feel right. I ended the call with the customer service agent, she was helpful, although she could not explain why it did not add up. I was on Instagram and scrolled through and saw a post from Kate Hudson. I thought to myself, I wonder if she would put up with this? I posted my complaint on the Fabletics IG messages. I explained, briefly, my encounter on Kate’s page.

I expected nothing. However, someone from Fabletics reached out to me! I was impressed and said so. But, after several exchanges, my invoice was basically altered, ALTERED, to make their math work (I have proof of this) and now there was a Tariff fee that was not on there before. Now, I am really upset. This is fraud at its best. It is sneaky because most people do not analyze their invoices. Now I am in a dilemma. I really want to cancel my membership with them, because honestly, I was disappointed with their “out of stock”, but I have a 40.00 VIP credit and 1 member perk that I will lose.

I will take a deep breath and think about it before I make an emotional response. And I am waiting on another response from Fabletics. I feel like the person communicating with me wants to help, but she has no power to help. But SOMEBODY altered my invoice within their company! Ugh, I think I will just be shopping at Target from now on. Their new line is comparable to Fabletics.

Hello Robin,

Daniel

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I wish I would've canceled my account sooner, but I gave them a second chance. My first order was damaged (I wanted to exchange it for one that wasn't but they were out of stock in the style), I sent it back and never received a refund or exchange. My second item was returned to the sender after being marked "undeliverable" (I receive packages to that address all the time). I went on chat to try to get it reshipped but it was out of stock, so they could only give me member credit back.

I asked that he also refund my shipping. The customer service representative gave me store credit instead of my member credit, and now I couldn't even get the original product I ordered if I wanted to. I've been trying to contact customer service all morning and have had chats hang up on me while I'm trying to describe my problem. I've been put on hold for a total of 45 minutes in the three times I've tried to call. I even sent an email and got a response that told me they couldn't resolve it over email. No one is resolving my issue and I'm pissed. I've never received such poor customer service in my life.

Hello Brittany,

Daniel

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have been experiencing the worst customer service with Fabletics!! My order has been created and canceled at least three times. I’ve called multiple times and when the lines are not busy, the customer service agents are not helpful or gives me the wrong information. The chat agent always disconnects me and offers no assistance. So when I called and spoke to a representative this morning, he told me he finally got my order squared away because apparently there was an issue with my billing and shipping address being different. He told me to update my billing and shipping address to be the same on my account which I did. Then he said that he would place the exact same order from the previous 2 orders for me. I was interested in the two for $24 leggings but he placed the order for the wrong leggings!!!

I called again when I received the order confirmation email and noticed the order was wrong. But I only got the busy signal. When I tried to use the chat function that agent told me he would have to cancel my order but he disconnected from the chat when I asked for a supervisor. Now the 2 for $24 is not available so I can not cancel my order and get the tights I wanted for $24:

This was what I wanted... High-Waisted PowerHold® Legging - L / Regular | 27 Color: BLACK And Mila High-Waisted Pocket Legging - L / Regular | 27

Color: BLACK. But Order Date: 01/08/2021 with the customer service representative over the phone placed an order for: High-Waisted PowerHold® 7/8 SIZE: L (wrong length) And Mila High-Waisted Pocket Legging SIZE: L / Regular | 27 COLOR: BLACK. It is so hard contacting someone who is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Facebook and email support is not useful. All I can think of doing is to let other consumers to be aware.

Hello Genise,

Daniel

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I really wanted to like this store. I was really excited when I saw they started to sell men's clothes. I started my membership in the beginning of December. I made some purchases at the store which is really close to where I live and a couple online. Most of the items had to be shipped to me and they said it would take one week. After a week, I got online to chat with someone about the status of my orders. The person I chatted with said that some of the items were returned, which confused me because I didn't want it returned. So I called to talk to someone. The person I talked to then told me that it would take 14 days because of the holidays. I was ok with that because I understand that shipping during the holidays is busy. This just left me confused, so I went to the store to talk to someone just for clarification.

The first person I spoke with pawned me off to someone else after I tried explaining the situation. This is the 4th person I spoke with on the same day which started getting me frustrated. I then just asked to cancel my orders and just wanted to end this headache, but then she said that the orders were just picked up by the carrier and I could not cancel it anymore. I ended up leaving the store very upset and just told myself I would wait for my orders.

Most of my orders came in a week later. My last order was still not delivered after one month, so I got online to chat with someone else and they were helpful but kept confusing me with another customer and said they would offer me a reshipment or refund. I just opted for the refund and the representative offered me a 20% discount on my next purchase. I thanked the representative for their help and asked them about the discount. The person just seemed like they pasted their goodbye script about referring a friend and then left. I then looked at my account and noticed they just gave me store credit, which is not what we agreed on. I really do like their clothes but the whole shopping experience is so bad that I had to find a place that someone will actually see and read this to express my frustration. Avoid this place like I wish I did!

Hello Joseph,

Daniel

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I decided to fall for the 2 for $24 deal this company offered. Talk about fraud. It has been over 20 days since I placed my order. The best they could offer to make up for it was $10 off?? Why would I ever order from a company who told me multiple times that my order would be there within 10 days? No thanks. I was then told I had to wait until the 20th business day in order to request a reshipment or refund. So I'd have to wait another 20+ days? Don't waste your money.

Hello Danielle,

Daniel

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Our experience has to do with non delivery of purchased goods, our difficulty canceling membership and obtaining credit. The customer service seems woefully uninformed, unhelpful and dismissive. Requests for refund resulted in a hold for supervisor lasting 30 minutes and ended with a disconnect. They have no ability or willingness to track a package and the whole operation seems like a scam. We have now made 6 calls to this company and are no closer to a resolution than when we started. One tip off is when customer service people refuse to give you their name. There is an unhelpful arrogance exhibited by associates suggesting they know full well they cannot be touched. You just do not want to do business with this company.

Hello Bob,

Daniel

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have had this issue with Fabletics where I skip the month and have still gotten charged for it twice now. The first time this issue came up, I called and was refunded with no hassle whatsoever. This time, I was refused because apparently I am a "VIP Plus" now and they cannot refund me. I was on hold for so long trying to get this resolved, and at the end of the day was told I was just not able to get a refund at all. I will never buy from this company again and I will no longer recommend it to anyone as I have in the past.

Hello Kaylee,

Daniel

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Cons : I am just not happy with their ability to help customers. You can only cancel your membership by contacting them. If you don't receive your package by them, they make you call Ontrac (yes they use ontrac for their deliveries...) or they can send you a "replacement" but they never seem to have the same things in stock so they won't be able to actually replace it. Then they can only give you in store credit. And so with all of that, if you want to cancel, you have to use up all your credit with them or they can just keep your money.

So you have to order something before they charge you again or then you loose another $50. And if they have nothing in stock in your size that you like, you are out of luck. Pros: When you do actually find something in stock in your size that you like, and if it ever actually gets delivered to you, the clothes are cute and good quality. Bottom Line : If you don't mind spending a lot on your clothes, and are down for the risk of not getting them, but like cute things, this is the gamble for you!

Hello Hannah,

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Love the product and have been with them for months but the customer service is bad. Poor customer service - they canceled my account by accident then refuse to reinstate it. Because of their mistake I lose my gold status and have to make another purchase in order to get back into the account, still with no gold status!!! Why can’t they fix their mistakes? All the bad customer service reviews I see online are true then.

Hello Yara,

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I do not recommend purchasing a subscription with Fabletics. Their product quality is very low and their service is even lower. Most products I have purchased are horrible quality and they make it almost impossible to turn off the service. I believe they are running a predatory business.

Hello Natalie,

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I would never buy from this company again. 4-6 weeks for a refund!!!! How ridiculous is that? People aren’t working and they’re giving 4-6 weeks for a refund!! I cannot believe they don’t even have plus size clothes that fit plus size women correctly! I will never ever buy here again & their customer service reps are like robots and he kept me waiting for an unnecessary amount of time when my expectation to be refunded on my card was not met.

Hello Alicia,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about refunds. We value you as a member and want to make things right! Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Each of 4 live and chat agents gave almost exact verbiage... "Rest assured when the warehouse receives your package, your account will be credited." At 5 weeks, that was not obviously going to happen and even one of the supervisors wanted me to just be satisfied with this same answer as last week when I called. The parroted responses wasted over 90 minutes of my time and effort typing when I kept asking for someone to think outside the box. The guide book may say "No refund until warehouse cues in the number" or whatever, but at 5 weeks, something has happened to the box. It took a 5th rep named Queenie I believe to actually get a supervisor to do something. They gave me store credit.

Hello Donna,

Daniel

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

It all good fake sale reduces item sign up to purchase. Then you click purchase any item They add membership to the transaction. You don’t see any payment request for subscription coz there is none. It’s written in small print they take money if you don’t opt out by 5th. UNBELIEVABLE BECAUSE KATE HUDSON IS ENDORSING STEALING FROM PEOPLE.

Hello T.A,