3.3/5 (53 ratings)

About Fabletics

Fabletics is a subscription-based athleisure clothing company. For $49.95 a month, VIP members receive a selection of curated items from the site. Members also receive additional discounts on all clothing and accessories, including leggings, tops, sports bras, shorts, shoes, jackets, socks, underwear, accessories and select workout gear, including yoga mats and water bottles. Fabletics is well known for its “2 for $24” leggings deal and its association with actress Kate Hudson, who is a co-founder of the company.

Pros

• Can skip a month
  • Credits don’t expire
  • Significant member discounts

Cons

• Expensive without membership

Bottom Line

Fabletics provides members their choice of a selection of leggings, tops, sports bras and other workout gear in exchange for a monthly membership fee. Members also receive discounts on additional products.

How does Fabletics work?

Fabletics is a subscription-based retailer best known for its leggings and other athleisure clothing and accessories. You can purchase items without being a member, but list prices are high without the VIP Member discount.

Potential members start with a quiz to determine their style and preferences. We went through the quiz and it took less than five minutes. Questions cover how and where you like to work out, your preferred color palette, your body type and your clothing sizes.

Once the quiz is over, Fabletics prompts you to sign up for its VIP Membership Program. Members receive a special sign-up offer and get a credit each month to order a new item from the site. Members can also purchase items above and beyond their monthly credit at any time with their member discount, which is up to 50% off list prices.

You can choose clothing or choose to skip each month. If you don't make any selections or select to skip by the fifth of the month, the company charges you the $49.95 monthly membership fee and applies it as a credit to your account.

Fabletics price

The price of a Fabletics VIP Membership is $49.95 each month. New members receive a one-time “2 for $24” deal on leggings, which the company markets as a combined $99 value. We recommend choosing your first leggings carefully, as this is the lowest price you receive throughout your membership.

Typical prices for leggings on the site run from $24.95 to $69.95, but if you’re a member, you get up to 50% off list prices. For the $49.95 monthly membership fee, you also get to choose a qualifying item from Fabletics’ inventory of workout attire. Fabletics charges the membership fee whether or not you make a purchase, but the credit stays on your account and never expires.

The company provides month-to-month subscriptions, so you're not locked into a long-term contract and can cancel at any time.

Fabletics FAQ

What is Fabletics VIP Membership?
You become a Fabletics VIP Member when you sign up for its monthly subscription service. Members receive a monthly credit and up to a 50% discount on all items.
Is there a monthly fee for Fabletics?
Yes, Fabletics costs $49.95 per month.
Do you have to make a Fabletics purchase every month?
No, you can choose to skip a month. Skipping allows you to pause your subscription for the month without being charged. However, you must choose to skip the month between the first and the fifth; if you do not skip in time, you have to pay your subscription fee whether or not you make a purchase. If you don’t make a purchase, the credit is applied to your account for future purchases.
How do you cancel Fabletics?
You can cancel your Fabletics membership at any time by contacting Fabletics via phone or live chat. There is no cancellation fee.

Is Fabletics worth it?

If you plan to use your credit every month, a Fabletics VIP Membership provides a good price on quality leggings. However, if you’re unsure that you would use the account credit each month, a subscription-based model might not be for you. The good news is, Fabletics does have an open cancellation policy, so you’re not locked into a contract if you try it and decide it’s not for you.

Fabletics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I bought a few items from them before. They charge me on membership even I cancelled it. I had to call back 4 times super long wait on the phone. And took 2 months for them to give me my refund money back. Do NOOOOT buy from them. This company has bad moral, ethics. Treat customer like **. Most difficult return I had to deal with (I do online shopping a lot).

Hello Eva,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the VIP membership, I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

I'd be happy to look further into this, can you please provide any further information in a reply. In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

- A valid order number
- The email address associated with your account

- The phone number associated with your account

Zeth

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Ordered two Large pairs of shorts, as I wear Large in every brand. Receive after 2 weeks and they were too tight. I requested an exchange for XL and their process is that you MUST send in the original before they ship the exchange, which is absurd if you have VIP membership, if you don't receive then charge the account...

Anyways, had taken nearly 3 more weeks before new ones came in... and they were the SAME size as originals and the customer service rep I spoke to said they processed an exchange Large for Large, WHY? Then their only resolution was to add $10 to my account and process another exchange. $10... that will buy the seam of a pair of shorts with them. Canceled VIP and requested refund as I don't want to purchase a product from a company that can't get their crap together.

Hello Justin,

We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience regarding our products and services. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

- A valid order number
- The email address associated with your account

- The phone number associated with your account

Zeth

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

My mom got me a $50 gift card. She called customer service 5 times because I was not getting the card in my inbox. Eventually she just sent me the gift card code. I tried shopping. Very confusing website and membership. But I found items that I liked, added them to my cart. However, when I tried to pay with gift card, the prices in the cart jumped up. I called customer service. Apparently, gift cards cannot be combined with membership offers. Which is insane, considering my mom paid $50 for a $50 gift card. Why would it not be just like any other payment method? Such a terrible experience, and so much time wasted. I will ask my mom to cancel the charge on her credit card.

Hello Alyssa,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had upon placing an order online. We value you as a member and want to make things right! A representative from our Member Services Team will email you within 48 hours.

Ivy

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

If I didn’t pay attention to my credit card statement they would have continue taking $49.xx every month. That’s a lot of money for a silent membership. Don’t buy. They will get you to subscribe in a sneaky way that you won’t even notice.

Hello Juan,

We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. A representative from our Member Services Team will be in touch within 48 hours.

Ivy

Original review: July 14, 2021

When I first signed up for my membership a few years ago, I thought it was great. You can either purchase something each month, or skip a month. Initially, all my orders went as expected there were no unexpected fees. Quality of clothing was average, but for a discounted price through the membership, I received some good deals.

For the past year, I haven't needed anything, so I skipped many months. I just logged in this past month and made a purchase for July. I ordered order a pair of sweatpants that cost about $54. Then, a few days later, my credit card was charged an additional $49. When I contacted the customer service rep via the website's online chat, she explained that the $49 charge was my monthly membership. Originally when I signed up, if you made a purchase there was no additional membership charge. She refused to refund me that membership fee, even though I made a purchase for the month!

Basically, it cost me $100 for a pair of very average and basic sweatpants. It's not even worth it! If I want to spend $100 on a single pair of sweatpants or leggings, I'd rather shop elsewhere where the quality of clothing is superior. Not sure when the Fabletics policy changed, but I was never informed. Customer service was not helpful in explaining why I was charged an extra fee. I still don't understand what happened. I have decided to cancel my membership and will be returning the sweatpants when I receive them.

Hello Michele,

We are sorry to hear that you disliked our VIP Membership terms. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: June 19, 2021

A few months back, I let my mother purchase something on my Fabletics account using her credit card, which override my card as the card for monthly charges. A month later, she saw a $50 charge to her card and panicked and disputed the charge. I did not find out this had happened until much later. Now, my account has been deactivated and I have been told by Fabletics customer service that I am flagged and now allowed to open a new account using my address because the bank ruled in my mother's favor. It was a mistake on her part, and despite explaining this, Fabletics treats me like a criminal. They refuse to reinstate my account, even though I'm more than willing to provide my credit card for the monthly charge. Their solution is I have to move to change my address so I have an address that won't be flagged. It shouldn't be this hard to spend money.

Hello Lisa,

All feedback is important to us, so we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent member service, someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: June 11, 2021

They hide lot of the charges and you will be surprised when your credit card is being charged every month. If you are the guy who does not notice what charges are going on your card, then you will lose ton of money just going to the site. They will quietly enroll to you programs and charge for it on a monthly basis.

Hello Ravi,

Daniel

Original review: June 10, 2021

I called to cancel my membership and started with chat and the guy said the computer system was down and ended the chat. I called their number and the rep put me on hold to get some water?? She said she needed water several times and I was on hold for a while. They may want to get more professional reps for this company!! I’ll never buy again because if any problems arise I will not deal with the ridiculous customer service reps!!!

Hello Vanessa,

We strive to provide excellent member services, so it genuinely dismays us when things like this happen. We value the opportunity to resolve this issue and someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: June 3, 2021

After an extremely frustrating ordering process, I FINALLY received my product. The sizing was inconsistent so I had to send one item back for an exchange. That was over a month ago. I have spent over 4 hours with Fabletics customer service trying to get the situation resolved. FOUR HOURS. I still do not have the product. The product I originally ordered and paid for was sold to someone else while Fabletics took their sweet time processing my return. Each time I have contacted their customer service, the agents I have spoke to have been very kind and tried their best to help me, but nothing has ever been resolved. They tell me they will escalate my case, make notes on my account, and to contact back in a few hours or the next day, but every time I contact back I have to re-explain the whole situation. It's not a difficult situation. I am simply returning an item for a different size. This has been going on for 2 months.

TWO MONTHS and my replacement has still not been sent or processed. The worst part is, I think I might actually like the product, but there is no way I will ever attempt to order anything from them again after this fiasco. Spend your money elsewhere if you plan on wearing anything you order anytime in the near future. I am appalled at the way this company handles simple exchanges, especially after touting their easy exchange process. Shame on you Fabletics.

Hello Tyler,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with your order. We value you as a member and want to make things right! Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: March 11, 2021

Ultimate bait & switch with billing. Twice now I've selected to use a member credit for an outfit. Several weeks later, Fabletics charges me far more than 1 member credit. One time it was $89.95 & 2nd $69.95. They refuse to make it right.

Hello,

We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Fabletics Company Information