3.7/5 (151 ratings)

About Fabletics

Fabletics is a subscription-based athleisure clothing company. For $49.95 a month, VIP members receive a selection of curated items from the site. Members also receive additional discounts on all clothing and accessories, including leggings, tops, sports bras, shorts, shoes, jackets, socks, underwear, accessories and select workout gear, including yoga mats and water bottles. Fabletics is well known for its “2 for $24” leggings deal and its association with actress Kate Hudson, who is a co-founder of the company.

Pros

• Can skip a month
  • Credits don’t expire
  • Significant member discounts

Cons

• Expensive without membership

Bottom Line

Fabletics provides members their choice of a selection of leggings, tops, sports bras and other workout gear in exchange for a monthly membership fee. Members also receive discounts on additional products.

How does Fabletics work?

Fabletics is a subscription-based retailer best known for its leggings and other athleisure clothing and accessories. You can purchase items without being a member, but list prices are high without the VIP Member discount.

Potential members start with a quiz to determine their style and preferences. We went through the quiz and it took less than five minutes. Questions cover how and where you like to work out, your preferred color palette, your body type and your clothing sizes.

Once the quiz is over, Fabletics prompts you to sign up for its VIP Membership Program. Members receive a special sign-up offer and get a credit each month to order a new item from the site. Members can also purchase items above and beyond their monthly credit at any time with their member discount, which is up to 50% off list prices.

You can choose clothing or choose to skip each month. If you don't make any selections or select to skip by the fifth of the month, the company charges you the $49.95 monthly membership fee and applies it as a credit to your account.

Fabletics price

The price of a Fabletics VIP Membership is $49.95 each month. New members receive a one-time “2 for $24” deal on leggings, which the company markets as a combined $99 value. We recommend choosing your first leggings carefully, as this is the lowest price you receive throughout your membership.

Typical prices for leggings on the site run from $24.95 to $69.95, but if you’re a member, you get up to 50% off list prices. For the $49.95 monthly membership fee, you also get to choose a qualifying item from Fabletics’ inventory of workout attire. Fabletics charges the membership fee whether or not you make a purchase, but the credit stays on your account and never expires.

The company provides month-to-month subscriptions, so you're not locked into a long-term contract and can cancel at any time.

Fabletics FAQ

What is Fabletics VIP Membership?
You become a Fabletics VIP Member when you sign up for its monthly subscription service. Members receive a monthly credit and up to a 50% discount on all items.
Is there a monthly fee for Fabletics?
Yes, Fabletics costs $49.95 per month.
Do you have to make a Fabletics purchase every month?
No, you can choose to skip a month. Skipping allows you to pause your subscription for the month without being charged. However, you must choose to skip the month between the first and the fifth; if you do not skip in time, you have to pay your subscription fee whether or not you make a purchase. If you don’t make a purchase, the credit is applied to your account for future purchases.
How do you cancel Fabletics?
You can cancel your Fabletics membership at any time by contacting Fabletics via phone or live chat. There is no cancellation fee.

Is Fabletics worth it?

If you plan to use your credit every month, a Fabletics VIP Membership provides a good price on quality leggings. However, if you’re unsure that you would use the account credit each month, a subscription-based model might not be for you. The good news is, Fabletics does have an open cancellation policy, so you’re not locked into a contract if you try it and decide it’s not for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fabletics?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

There is no truth in rare moments of not having an item in stock so I can use my membership credit or the $5.00 rewards. I have been on the Fabletics website since 6 AM August 1st, which is when I was told supply is high, searching for Define high-waisted capris in size XL, and there was only one green choice. I had to use my member credit on a cheap sports bra that is not even close to the price of a member credit because I am so frustrated using Fabletics' website which leads you to believe there are so many choices by making you spend way too much time searching and clicking on item after item only to see there is no XL.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for sending your review! We would like to discuss further the availability of our products in the styles/sizes you like. Your feedback about member credit usage is also important, and we would like to address this as quickly as possible. Our Member Services team will be contacting you right away for further assistance.

Zeth

Original review: June 25, 2022

I placed an order 6/11/22 for a pair of workout shorts and tops for a pride workout event scheduled for 6/25. When I placed the order I stuck to standard shipping since delivery was 5-7 business days, I figured I had plenty of time. Suffice to say nothing has arrived yet. When the tracker finally started working it said 6/25 for the target date, I check today and there is some "exemption" to my delivery. I reached out to customer service who told me it take 6-14 business days (14 business days is 3 weeks mind you) for a delivery order and that I should wait another 48 before reaching out. All of this was "standard procedure" and that I was overreacting. This has left a terrible taste, and I will not be ordering and/or recommending this site to anybody.

Hello Ardit,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding our shipping and delivery process. I'd be glad to look further into your concern. Can you please provide any further information in a private reply? In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

- The phone number associated with your account

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be glad to help you in every way I can.

Zeth

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I placed an order on the morning of May 21st, based on recommendation from the associates in store stating the orders day 1-2 days to ship and then 7-10 to arrive. I was moving out of the county on June 8th. The order shipped May 24th and then stopped tracking on June 3rd. I reached out to customer service on June 7th requesting a refund since the order hadn’t tracked in 4 days and hasn't arrived. This was two weeks after it had shipped and was told they couldn’t issue a refund until June 11th. I tried to explain that I am moving out of the county the next day and won’t be here June 11th to tell them if it ever arrived. Said nothing they could do. Offered me 50% off a future order, why would I order again when I will be moving somewhere they don’t ship to.

Requested to speak to a supervisor, which I never got to talk to, and was rudely told the supervisor would tell me the same thing. Now mind you my mom ordered almost a week after I did and had received her order several days before. I ended up buying the same items from a different retailer. Don’t waste your time and money here. It’s not worth the hassle.

Hello Courtney,

Thanks for sending your review! Your feedback regarding our shipping process and delivery timeframe is important, and we would like to address this as quickly as possible. Our Member Services team will email you right away to assist you with your membership concerns.

Zeth

Original review: June 5, 2022

I am a long time Fabletics customer. I used to love to get the email on the first of every month to see the new products and choose my new outfit - sometimes I chose two or three because they had so many great options. When I wore the outfits to workout, I received many compliments and a number of my friends started to purchase from Fabletics as well. I am not sure what has happened lately but they don't offer the same quality, value, or even style. I have a hard time choosing something each month and am seriously considering dropping my membership.

Hello Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our product quality and style. I'd be happy to look further into your concern. Can you please provide any further information in a private reply? In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

Zeth

Original review: May 23, 2022

I purchased a few items because I was told it was good quality items. I wasn't impressed with the quality or the fit. There is an option to skip a month, so I did that for a few months and then I forgot to. As per contract my card was charged and I was issued credits since I didn't purchase an item for those months. However, when I went to customer service and chatted with Gerald he told me I could use the credits since I already had them, then he offered to give me $10 coupon, but I declined and I told him I would order something (maybe try a different article of clothing since I wasn't happy with what I purchased previously) since I have the credit. I politely declined the coupon and said "No thank you."

After that the chat went dead. I asked if we were still connected and it wouldn't even let my message be sent. So, I logged out and logged back in to see my 4 credits were gone (worth about $80) and I was cancelled. I'm glad he cancelled, but took the credits away and I don't have any confirmation this was cancelled other than it now says to rejoin as a VIP member. Thin/see through material, poor customer service and very unprofessional.

Hello Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide excellent member services, so it genuinely dismays us when things like this happen. I'd be happy to look further into your concern. Can you please provide any further information in a private reply? In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

Zeth

Original review: May 13, 2022

I usually don't write review. I have ordered couple of T-shirts and a pants. My first reaction was they are really different from how the photo looks like on their website. The colors were weird to me when I received the items. More importantly, it seems like I have "registered as member" by clicking some small button when I am buying the product and it keeps charging me for all the time. I realized that today and went to website to cancel my membership but guess what? You can not cancel your paid membership without talking/chatting with customer representative. Overall, this was really annoying experience

Hello Ahmet,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback about our products and the VIP membership is important, and we would like to address this as quickly as possible. I'd be happy to look further into this, can you please provide any further information in a private reply? In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

Zeth

Original review: March 26, 2022

My first issue is that I spent almost $80 on an outfit that did not work out. I returned it, requesting all of it to go back to my debit card, but they split it up—half on my debit card, half in store credit. Whatever. I’ll use my store credit. This set was purchased between the 1st and the 5th of the month, yet I was also charged a $49.99 member credit–which is only supposed to happen when you do not skip or do not make a purchase in those first five days.

I contacted customer support, texting with “Oliver”. When I mentioned that I was charged this amount even though I had made a purchase within the first five days, he proceeded to tell me “it’s okay because you can use this credit to purchase something anytime you like”. It’s not okay. I should not have been charged. I know how it works, I have been a member for three years. The issue is that I was charged when I shouldn’t have been charged, and nothing was done to rectify the situation. As soon as my order comes in—using the credit that should’ve gone on my debit card—I’m canceling my membership.

Hello Lauren,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

I'd be happy to look further into this, can you please provide any further information in a private reply. In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

- The phone number associated with your account

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can further assist in any way.

Zeth

Original review: March 25, 2022

I ordered the 2 for $24 offer. Only later to find out I was being charged $49.95 every month for something I did agree too. Contacted Fabletics only to get a rude operator. She told me when I checked out that I chose that option. I told her I do not purchase athletic wear enough to justify paying that amount a month nor would agree to that amount being deducted from my acct. Asked her to send me a copy of where I actually checked that box. She told me to sign into my account and it will be there. I told her no, because that will be the standard policy. After pressing her to produce that copy, she put me on hold and she came back and told me the I will be refunded and my membership has been cancelled.

Hello Jeanette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you disliked our VIP Membership terms. Our Member Services team will get in touch with you right away for further assistance.

Zeth

Original review: March 7, 2022

I have been a member of Fabletics since September of 2017. I have placed a few orders over the years and never had an issue until my last order on January 2nd of 2022. I have accumulated a lot of membership credits since I hadn't order in a while and decided to use them up so I put in a quite a large order on January 2nd which was split into 3 shipments. The shipment of my order kept getting delayed due to Covid but I let that go because I'm a very reasonable customer who understands that these things are out of the company's control. I received 2 shipments but never received the 3rd. I called Fabletics back on January 20th telling them that I was missing a few items from my original order and they apologized and reshipped it at "no cost to me" (at least that's what I was told by the customer service rep).

After receiving my last shipment, I called the company back on January 30th informing them that I need to return some items because of the sizing issue. They created a return label which didn't itemize my return (I listed the items I want to return to the customer service rep). This looked a bit suspicious but I let that go thinking that they keep it in their records what it is that I am returning (I was returning 14 items but as it turns out, the shipping label was creating for 15 items but I had no way of knowing that since Fabletics never sent me an itemized list of returning items).

The box with the 14 items was shipped back the first week of February. I was getting concerned that I have not heard about my return 3 weeks later so I called Fabletics on March 3rd to check on the status of my return. (Keep in mind that Fabletics never confirmed they received my return). While talking to the rep, I found out that the return was created for 15 items and the warehouse received only 5 items. I spend over 30 minutes on the phone with the rep trying to explain that it's not possible since all the items that I listed on my phone call on January 30th were placed in one box and shipped back. I was told to call back on Monday (which is today) after they have conducted their 48 hour investigation.

Today, I was told the rep that spoke to me on Friday never elevated this issue to internal investigation and the warehouse is now telling the rep that they received 6 items from me and not 5. They cannot even keep their stories straight! After spending another 30 minutes on the call today, I was told to call back in 48 hours after they have completed their internal investigation! AGAIN! THIS COMPANY IS INCOMPETENT AND THEY MAKE THEIR CUSTOMERS PAY FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE! STAY AWAY! Needless to say, I cancelled my membership and if this issue is not resolved with Fabletics, I will be calling my bank disputing the charges. I have given this company plenty of business over the years and this kind of a treatment from a long-standing customer feels like a slap in the face! I have given Fabletics plenty of opportunities to resolve this and all I am being given is the runaround! Horrible experience that has been dragging for 2 months!

Hello Marianna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your experience regarding your orders and returns. Our Member Services team will get in touch with you right away for further assistance.

Zeth

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Updated on 03/09/2022: Fabletics did not take meaningful steps to resolve my complaint but fortunately Capital One did. Lucky for me I made the purchase on a credit card that was able to dispute the charge. If it wasn't for Capital One, Fabletics would still have my money. My issue was not taken seriously nor was I treated respectfully by your customer service. I tried to solve this for over 3 weeks and was consistently put off and hung up on by Fabletics' customer service while my money was held hostage. I will continue to share my experience and warn others until my experience with Fabletics has changed.

Original Review: Bottom line: I purchased a ton of clothes from them, they claim they delivered it but never did, and now they refuse to issue me a refund. Their customer service is extremely unhelpful.

Details: Fabletics offered an incentive to become a new VIP members so I signed up and ordered $584.50 worth of clothes. On 2/13 Fabletics emailed me and told me my order would deliver 2/14. On 2/16 I still didn't have my order so I reached out to customer service and was asked to keep waiting. On 2/17 my package status changed to "delivered" but I never received it. I immediately reached out to customer service and was asked by "Carlos" to wait another 2 days while they conducted an "investigation". On 2/21 I reached out again and was told by "Jam" that they can reship my order but Fabletics can not provide a refund. I told Fabletics I do not want them to reship because I've had a terrible experience with them and I just want my money back. I was told I needed to wait another 48 hours for someone from their "back office" to reach out.

Today (48 hours later) I reached out to let them know I still have not heard from their "back office." Their rep, "Emmanuel", said "Hello Raymond. Thank you for contacting Fabletics. My name is Emmanuel and I’ll be happy to assist you today. Please allow me a second to check on the notes on the account," and then, after checking the notes, immediately closed our chat.

Fabletics is refusing to issue me a requested refund and continues to stall. Their return policy states "In the US and Canada, Fabletics offers 3 easy return options: (1) return for Fabletics membership or store credit for free; (2) exchange for another item for free; (3) return for a refund".

Hello Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience with your first order. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our Member Services team will get in touch with you right away for further assistance.

Fabletics Company Information