2. Shopping

Cabela's

3.9/5 (243 ratings)

About Cabela's

Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cabela's?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Ordered an item online and it took a good amount of time to get to the store. Went to the no touch pick up area and made the call, NO ANSWER. Went into the store and asked an employee for help. He said someone would be right with me. Six minutes later still no one so I left. While I was waiting there were four employees in the gun section next to me doing absolutely nothing. I will never go back and apparently CABELA'S is good with that.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I was charged 253.85 for my order on 12-21-2020. On 12-23-2020 I was charged again for the same items but in four separate orders from Bass Pro for charges I did not authorize. The double charging on my prepaid card caused me to not have the money I counted on and ruined my Christmas and shopping I had left to do with every bit of money I had left. Thanks a lot Cabela's bass pro for the presents that were not got for the kids who deserved them. I will never do biz with them again because they simply don't care about the little guys.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Cabela's stores advertise used guns on GunsInternational.com and state that there is a 3-day inspection/return but that is a lie. Gun bought didn't work and they refuse to take it back. False advertising!

Original review: July 24, 2020

Errors on the website, unreachable, and then indifferent and grossly incompetent phone "customer service," are the hallmarks of Cabela's. Additionally, the staff at the local store treats customers as a disruption to their otherwise good day. After several awful, unpleasant shopping experiences at both online and local Cabela's, I'll do my best to never shop at that terrible company.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Recently paid off our balance in full - not. Spoke to a customer service rep and paid off our $5K + balance. Good thing. We were rewarded with a $38 interest fee that the customer service rep said could not be waived. He said we could view a video for visual aid as to why this interest charge was being incurred. Our business was clearly not appreciated so we cancelled our account. They can take our $6000 in available credit and shove it. Will never enter a Bass Pro/Cabela's store again. A fine example of big business not caring about the individual. Would give a zero star rating if I could. Thanks!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I ordered a Bass Raider 10e Boat on 05/21/20. The boat showed 2-3 weeks delivery and they charged my card over $500 for the item. On 06/19/20 I called and was told that it would be in and available for pickup on 06/22/20. After checking the status changed to "backordered". I patiently waited again. Today I checked the status and it now shows "Shipped" but in the details it said "cancelled". I called and found out that my order has been cancelled! I asked about the hold on my money and they said it should be released soon!!!! They have held my money for over 7 weeks only to cancel the order. Won't be dealing with them again even though they are just about the only sports/fishing store in town. I'll order online from another company from now on. I won't trust BassPro or Cabela's anymore.

Original review: May 24, 2020

My local Cabela's Bass Pro Shop has wonderful customer service, an expansive merchandise array, and great sales! Children love the huge aquariums. And my Golden Doodle, Dezi, is always a welcome guest.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Cabela's used to be my go-to place for hunting. Since Bass Pro bought them they have gone downhill in choices and raised prices. It's still a decent store but was better before Bass Pro bought them. They now seem to carry only two brand of hunting clothes, one of which is extremely pricey, and the selection of types and fabrics is very limited.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Great variety of products, things you won't find in other stores, the best selection of gear for the sportsman. Always look forward to going to this store, huge indoor walkthrough freshwater aquarium filled with game fish and a few other species. Plan on spending at least several hours there just to browse through the store.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I love Cabela's because they have such a variety of camping, hunting, fishing, hiking and outdoors equipment and clothing for men and women. I always find something there I love and the prices are reasonable so I buy a lot of gifts there for outdoor-loving friends and family.

Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter Company Information