Cabela's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a firearm from the La Vista store in Nebraska. Paid for it immediately and sent my FFL in 2 weeks ago. Contacted Anthony **, the gun library rep, and questioned him about disposition. They misplaced my FFL and he said he would have it out next day (Wed). Still waiting on the item. Called back to the store, and spoke with Jamie who said it was shipped on Friday. This is unsatisfactory service. Is this is the way you treat your customers?

I ordered an item over a month ago that came damaged. I've sent several emails and communicated back and forth with several representatives with no resolution. They say they will forward my email to someone to get it resolved and still nothing. I've been a loyal customer for years and maintain Black status with their credit card company (25,000 annual spending required) and they treat me with this little respect? Over a cheap wooden ammo box? I honestly expected superior service from Cabela's and have gotten the worst run around I've ever encountered with a company. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone in the future.

We placed an online gift card on Dec 5, 2016. We ordered it express delivery and it shipped from Sydney NB and made it as far as Colorado. This was verified over a week with Cabela's. I spent an average of 1 1/2 hours a day for 5 days on phone with them to get our gift card reissued before Christmas and I was told and I still have the recording. We are aware it was fraud but we are just too busy to do anything about it before Christmas. I ordered this card Dec. 5. It was stolen that same week in Thornton, Co. and they know the store it was spent in and the person is on camera doing it. I will never shop at Cabela's again. This was a gift card for my brother so on Christmas Eve, we purchased a different $500.00 gift card. Thank you Cabela's for a Merry Christmas.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After clearing up this big misunderstand I am happy to report that Cabela's customer support went above and beyond to rectify the problem. I am very happy now with the solution and although I was very frustrated at one point I will still shop with them and recommend them because they did make it worth my aggravation!! THANKS!!

james of Huntington, MA on

Original Review

I made an online purchase of a black powder revolver well ahead of Christmas. I placed my order when the item was listed 0-1 weeks backordered, figuring the estimate was close to accurate. DEAD WRONG! I tried to be patient and started checking the status of my order more frequently as Christmas was getting very close. I watched my same item that was on sale for $149.99 at the time I ordered go back to the regular price of $199.99 on two occasions. When it went back to the regular price it suddenly became available in limited supplies. This seemed very odd to me. I believed that even though I had reserved one they had actually received a supply and were at first trying to sell them at the full price before shipping them to the people that had backordered them at the sale price. When it happened once again I wrote to the company and they told me it should be back in stock on January 4th and I would receive it up to six days after that.

So now I would have to wait almost six weeks from the date I purchased it to receive it. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my veteran son and now I was getting a little upset with them. How could a large company like this be so poor at tracking their stock supply? So I continued to watch the item availability regularly and it listed it as backorderable until December 26 when of course again it became available in limited supply. This meant anyone could buy it immediately at $199.99 and have it before I would get mine for the price I reserved it at of $149.99 one month earlier. Now this warranted a phone call for I wanted to get to the bottom of it. What I got from them over the phone was a bunch of excuses about their unforeseen supply problem. I called the woman out and told her the item I deserve immediately was currently available online at a higher price and she told me it was a system glitch.

I then asked her if they had so many problems then what about my newest January 4th estimated arrival date. She told me that it wasn't guaranteed so I told her to just cancel my order. I did not feel safe wondering when my card would be charged because I was now looking elsewhere for the revolver as well. I didn't want to chance ending up with two of them. Well funny thing is she had no problem canceling the order even though I had hinted very strongly that the right thing to do would be to offer me a comparable item at the sale price. She apologized that she couldn't help me and then ironically asked me if she could help me with anything else. At this point I flat out told her she should be working on giving me some sort of deal because of the ordeal Cabela's had put me through but all she could do was keep with the script. "I am truly sorry for the inconvenience."

It would of been more accurate if she had said "I am truly sorry Cabela's ruined your son's Christmas!" So then I hang up the phone and reply to the email that their customer service had sent me a few days prior and explained the same story that I am telling here. I got a response and of course another apology that was supposed to sound sincere. Supposedly my note will be forwarded to management where it will get a few chuckles and thrown into the trash. I am glad I kept all notes on my purchase and took screenshots that are time stamped to prove they are offering items for sale that aren't available or even worse...holding them for better money and not supplying them to people like myself that reserved them while they were on sale. Shame on them!

I called on 12-16-16 @ 9 AM the number given on their mailers for customer service in order to ask them to stop mailing me their mailers twice per week for many months now. I was on hold (with music and a recording telling me a CS agent would be with me in just a minute) until 9:30 AM before hanging up. Next I tried their website "chat with a rep" feature and the same thing happened with no agents logging on to handle my request. Gave up and in the evening of the same day tried the phone method again. This time I waited until finally a rep came on the line to handle the request.

I've noticed that when shopping at the store in Eugene, OR their floor salespeople gather in small groups and BS with each other instead of walking around to assist any customers. I've been in their store for an hour and better and the same small groups of associates stay in their huddles without budging. These idiots are lazy, cliquish and outta work at a car wash! They know nothing about customer service and must believe the customer is there for their convenience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cabela's?

Ordered 4 spinning reels on black Friday. They went straight to back order. On Monday I found the same deal someplace else that had them in stock so I called to cancel my order. The customer service person said they were all currently shipping so I didn't cancel my order. Wednesday comes and I receive a email saying 1 shipped, 1 was still on back order and the other 2 were canceled. I call again to see what was going on and receive a apology but was told the other back order was shipping out that day. Thursday comes and I receive another email saying they canceled that back order. So here I am with 1/4 of what I ordered and all holiday sales are done at other retailers. Due to Cabela's lying customer service I now need to spend a extra $90 for something I was promised was getting sent to me. Would highly advise to stay away from their online ordering and will never set foot in that place again.

One of the items I ordered hasn't showed up, I emailed customer service about overbilling my credit card and shipping problems 7 days ago and still haven't been answered. Will never order online from them.

I have been a Cabela's customer for 6 years. Most of my experiences have been good. I have a Cabela's Club Visa Card and have used it, paid it off, and used it again. I have a very good credit rating and have never been a day late on a payment. Recently I received a call from them telling me they have closed my account stating I requested it. They will not provide me any details on the call. They also stated that they made a decision to close my account, but cannot tell me why, nor would they mail me a letter. They provided no details, no explanation, and were extremely rude on the telephone. I spoke with a lady named Carolyn.

She was the most unprofessional individual I have ever encountered. Bottom line: Cabela's Club Visa made a decision to close a high limit account with no explanation, and now call me daily for it to be paid off. This is just the beginning of trying to make people aware these people will make decisions on your life, your credit worthiness, and credit report and give you NO EXPLANATION as of why!! My account was in perfect standing! To top all of it off, they took back $175.00 of Club points that I earned! I will sell everything I own with their name on it, and never buy anything again from these people!

Recently I had ordered a product from Cabela's. I ordered the product over the phone from a representative. They took my payment and gave me a delivery date only to find out four days later the order had been canceled. I called customer service to see why the order was canceled and they told me the product was no longer available and had been discontinued. I asked for something equivalent to what I had ordered that was in stock and they would not accommodate me in any way. Bottom line from what I got from customer service is anything you order may not be delivered and they cannot guarantee anything.

For the third time, I contacted Cabela's to place an order for an item listed in their catalog, only to find out that this item was also on backorder. Just as in the previous two cases, I was told that they did not know when the item would be shipped. I was burned the first two times as I placed the order, patiently waited, and received an e-mail that the item would no longer be stocked. In one case, this took over a month. I have been a signature black card holder for many years, but will be switching to a Gander Mountain card, as they had both items that I waited a combined two months for. As for the third item I was going to order, Gander Mountain agreed to price match and (drumroll) it was in stock! I don't know what happened in the Cabela's Corporate business plan, but it was bad advice. This customer is going elsewhere and my card is now cut in pieces.

I drove about 2 hours to get to the Chattanooga location. They were very rude. They denied me my right to openly carry. For which they were out of everything that I needed. They refused to look in the back. I asked for clarification and they provided me none. Will never buy from or visit another Cabela's. For which they were rude. The manager was a complete idiot. Why must they put an young uneducated individual in management position?

Cabela's in sun prairie, wi. was contacted for the reason of selling my late Father's curios and relics collection. I told them that the military, handguns, and ammo would need to be sold. They agreed to come to the house and buy my newly acquired arsenal. After arriving, the older gun knowledgeable guy explained to me their pricing would be .65 on every retail dollar. In simpler terms that's 65% which they agreed to pay me via check of retail price, which they would sell each weapon for. They bought 37 firearms that day ranging in various prices. I thought the prices were lowballed, but he kept saying that his buying pricing was very aggressive, so I reluctantly accepted. They refused to buy the ammunition.

The lead phone no. they gave me to sell the ammo I later found out was fake. Approximately 10 days later I went into Cabela's gun library and I found many of my late father's guns for sale. To my dismay they had the svt. 40 at $1400, (a 100% markup) but only gave me 50% of that. Another example, a fully custom army 1911 .45 pistol that I was given $300+, they now we're selling for $750. There are many other examples of their blatant dishonesty and scandalous behavioral activity within this transaction which costed me a large loss of between 8 - 10 k total. I will never buy from Cabela's again. Don't trust these guys.

Returned a pair of Cabela's brand chest high waders that leaked for replacement. Never heard back. Very poor service. These were not another brand but have Cabela's in big letters on them. They don't honor their own brand!

I just got off the phone with three different customer service agents. None of them cured the situation that they created. I have been dealing with them for 10+ years and only had one or two minor issues that were always taken care of over the phone leaving me with a smile. In the last two months I have 4-5 complete orders cancelled, and not even a e-mail or phone call. The last two orders they cancelled three scope, muzzleloader bullets, and other boat supplies. A day or two later I saw similar scopes that were cheaper, but was told the squs were not the same. They could not give me the same 30mm scope for the same price due to the minor difference. The scope I purchased was 489.99, but the other scope was 329.00. I told them I was asking for the lower end unit for the same price. I was told one was a tactical and the other a outfitter series.

They have gone way too far with their lousy customer service since they were bought out by BASS PRO! I will no longer buy from them unless it is with club points. I first was going to cancel my card, but came up with the idea to use card to receive points to burn them by getting free items from them but not spending any money with them. HAHAHAHAHA. I would usually spend 25,000+ at Cabela's. NOT ANYMORE. CRASH AND BURN LIKE WALMART **.

I purchased a rifle from the Green Bay Wisconsin Cabela's. The salesperson was indifferent and rude and went to the 'vault' to retrieve the gun selected. I was purchasing a new gun. The gun was sealed before going to the cashier. Upon getting home and unboxing the rifle, a large white tag say 'USED' was on the trigger guard and stamped into the steel was 'FACTORY SECOND'. I notified the store and the manager and that person told me I was lying because I purchased a new gun, and upon telling him the information noted above he told me that I stupid for making the suggestion. He was going to nothing at all! I verbally let him have it... So, now going to customer service, more fun and excitement. First call, getting a manager and that manager apologizing and wanting to make good, great. Nothing after a week, then calling again and the customer rep saying that an investigation has been launched that would take up to a month???

Another call, another manager, "Very sorry. Can't believe you were treated that way. Just send in photos of the 'USED' tag and the serial number on the rifle and we will take care of this immediately." Information sent. A reply came back "Thank you for submitting your information. A investigation has been initiated that make take some time.”???

Another phone call, another manager. This time the manager told me "What do you want?" Looked over my file and stated "What do you expect us to do. You need to wait!!!" "What" I then said and ask anyone reading this to consider. I will never set foot into a Cabela's again, never shop or support Cabela's and now I need to get an attorney to take care of this matter and let your company explain this to a judge your logic. Happily I have been able to tell this story to about 10 friends and see the look their faces... I hope they tell everyone they know. I am amazed that I treated this way after being a longtime patron. I was ripped off by Cabela's and treated like dirt.

I purchased a sealer a few years ago. It stopped sealing. I called Cabela's. They replaced it with the commercial grade one. I thought how wonderful, I should never have a problems with this one. I use my sealer about 3 times a year maybe 4. So is not used a lot. Had this one 2 yrs so used about 6 to 8 times. Was kept in the storage bag it came with. Never locked the handle as instructed by the instructions. Go to use it today 01/17/2016 and after about 6 bags it no longer will seal.

I called and was told this model is no longer sold at Cabela's but I could buy for 20.00 a maintenance kit. I told her is not something a piece of teflon tape can fix. She again directed me to this maintenance kit. So frustrated. I went to cabelas.com and guess what, the same sealer is still on the market and being sold by Cabela's and in customer reviews it is a problem child of Cabela's. They still sell it knowing it is a issue with sealing and suction. I have never had a problem with Cabela's but this is outrageous to continue to sell something they full, well know is a problem. I will be going to food saver for my next one. My folk bought one 8 yrs ago and it still works as good today as it did the day they bought it for 99.00. I paid well over hundred and this is the second one in 2 1/2 yrs.

Used my Cabela's Visa to purchase a 'supposedly' '98 Camaro SS Fiberglass hood. It came broken due to poor shipment prep. Dealer would not make good and hung up on me. Had no choice but to pay the body shop to repair the hood. When trying to install it I found out the size of the hood was nowhere close to the factory specs. Filed a claim with Cabela's Visa and included LOTS of pictures and phone numbers with names to verify story. Cabela's Visa claimed that the 'repairs' were 'modifications' and refused to help. So much for 'customer care' and their 'Zero liability claim'! Now Cabela's has lost a Silver member and I will no longer set foot in their stores and have closed the Cabela's Visa account. VERY poor customer service with their Visa program... Don't use 'em!!!

False Advertising!! I will NEVER, I mean NEVER shop at Cabela's again!! I placed an order for 3 pairs of work boots that were originally $165 each for $25.50 each on Dec 7, '15 not realizing they were on back order until I got the confirmation email. It greatly upset me I was not warned the items were unavailable until after I place the order. That is kinda backwards!! A couple days after placing the order I called their customer service to see when the boots would be back in stock. I waited on the phone for over 1.5 hours before being told they did not know. I understand this was Christmas and it is a busy time of year but I have never waited that long for other retail companies to answer their phones during this time.

It took until Jan 4, '16, almost a month later, to receive a call from their customer service to tell me my order was not coming back in stock, and they just cancelled the order like it was no big deal. They would not offer me a similar product for the same price which is what a GREAT company would have done for the inconvenience. I even spoken to their corporate office about this and they would not do anything to rectify the situation. WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Cabela's refused to take back boots saying they look like they were 20 years old, in fact they were nine-month-old, absolutely nothing wrong with the interior of the boot, some scuffs on the leather as usual in a hiking boot. Unbelievable $300 for a pair of boots, they don't even back them. The Cabela's warranty is a joke. Gore-Tex doesn't wear out in nine months, I don't care what you do to it. Seriously reconsider buying from Cabela's. Their warranty is like taking a ** in a box and marking it guaranteed. Go to Gander Mountain or Bass Pro, you will have no problems.

Worst customer service I ever had at Berlin Cabelas last night! We usually love going to this store as the prices are usually right and closer for our drive than Bass Pro. We drove 40 minute to Berlin store to use Christmas gift card with my husband who a disabled but avid sportsman. The Store was pretty quiet, not nearly as many customers as our usual trips. Shopped for about 30 minutes and got in line at about 6:30. There were only 3 registers open and one closed when we got in line. There were about 8 people left in line at each one. By 6:45 when only 2 customers had gotten checked out ahead of us, my husband was getting frustrated and wasn't going to be able to physically stand in line much longer. There seemed to be a lot of employees around the store, so I went to check at C.S. desk to inquire about more registers being open.

There were at least 8 people in line there too, with one employee helping everyone. Clearly he was also frustrated by the answer, with attitude. I got that, he didn't know, they were supposed have opened more already and I would have talk to the manager, like I was supposed to be able to find one on my own. Isn't that kind of the definition of customer service? I returned to my checkout line to see an employee near there. I asked if he was the manager (yes) and that we had been in line for over 20 minutes, would there be more registers opening, we would be leaving with no purchase if not? He said he was lane busting? With attitude like that should be good enough! We stood in line a couple of more minutes, put down our merchandise, and left! There was a little comment from the manager, "sorry folks" on the way out. No, "here is a coupon for your next visit, how can we make this up for your return." GREAT management!

This was very hard on my husband who has been a Cabelas die hard customer since the days when the only way he could purchase was mail order before there were stores in New England. Unfortunately, I can only say that the lower cost and convenient distance of the Berlin Cabela's will be outweighed by the fabulous customer service and his ease of getting around for a visit to the Bass Pro in Foxboro or Hooksett. There is also the added bonus of taking the half day trip to Bass Pro and being able to bring my dogs instead of leaving them home that long.

FYI: We are older 40/50 somethings, I am an avid online shopper and have only ever written one negative review online. I typically brush off these kinds of experiences and spread positive comments, but I will be posting and messaging this letter to my FB friends and as many Yelp type pages as I can find. I am really disturbed by this whole experience as, having limited mobility, there are few things my husband takes such interest in as supporting his joy of being a lifetime sportsman. We arrived that evening being very excited for the clearance sales and his hope of coming away something great. This was really a disheartening, and unrewarding experience. #Cabelas

Too many complaints to mention them all... Overcharged, only partial item was shipped even when I asked them to not ship to an incomplete order. Ordered on 11/30/2015 as a gift and it is Dec 26, 2015 and I still do not have the item that was shipped on December 17! Tracking info suggests that the package was rerouted to my home address as opposed to the gift address! Just thoroughly and utterly disgusted. Customer Service was of ZERO help. In fact, it left me more confused! At one point I was asked by Customer Service if I had attempted to contact Customer Service! I had to explain to them that this is why I am contacting Customer Service NOW!

I ordered a Christmas gift in November that was back ordered until December 14th. On December 16th, I still had not received any status update and so went online and saw it was still saying back ordered until the 14th. I emailed customer support and didn't receive a response until December 21st (5 DAYS LATER, mind you). The response basically said, "Sorry it's taken us this long to get back to you. If you haven't received an answer to your question, please let us know." How unprofessional and unhelpful. I emailed back and when I didn't receive a response all day, I called.

The customer service rep could not have possibly sounded less enthused to answer the phone or do her job. I told her the issue and she checked and said, "Yes, it looks like it does say it's back ordered until the 14th." Me: "Okay, I get that but it's the 21st." Her: "Oh, it looks like it's getting ready to be processed." (How helpful...) Me: "Well if it's ready then can I have it expedited to get here by Christmas since I was never given any update and never told a delivery date, although I ordered in November?" Her: "No, we don't expedite shipments." Me: "Ok...then can I just cancel my order since it was a Christmas gift?" Her: "No, you can't cancel." Me: "I can't cancel my order?! So I have to wait until you ship it and then return it?!" Her: "Yes."

How in the WORLD, with so many competitors excelling at customer service, does this place stay in business? I never even argued over any of that because I get that there are things out of their control (even though a little communication would be nice) but to not even let me cancel an order and have to go through the whole process when it's not even shipped? What a waste of everyone's money and time, and so infuriating. Not to mention, there were plenty of places I could have ordered the gift from had I known it would be this difficult, but now it's too late. They do not deserve to stay in business and nor do I think they will once we customers start standing up for the businesses who care. Last time I shop at Cabela's and will make sure others don't as well.

Cabela's legendary guarantee for Cabela's branded clothing is lifetime for normal wear and tear. They define lifetime as one year. My high priced parka came apart after approximately 20 uses. Since it was over one year old... too bad. It was beyond its lifetime per their customer service department.

Even though I am a "reformed" hunter, I have no problem with Cabela's selling gear designed for hunting and I have been a customer of their outdoor clothing. Their "Christmas with Cabela's" flyer arrived and there was a product featured that I feel crosses the line of decent taste and responsible merchandising! Item: BULLDOG CELL-PHONE HOLSTERS for concealed carry pistols. The United States already has a major problem with the sheer number of weapons in the hands of its citizens and now irresponsible retailers are assisting in the disguising of concealed weapons? Who is making such decisions? I will vote with my wallet and never again purchase a product from Cabela's!

Recently I had Cabela's cancel my credit card because they sent out a newer card I new nothing about and it did not arrive. When I finally got a replacement card I was told over the phone that I had to disclose the kind of financial information used in identity theft and if I didn't then Cabela's would take back all the club points (real dollars) that were mine. And that is exactly what they did - They stole my rewards dollars. I guess it's easier to turn a profit by not delivering what you promise than it is to make money running a company ethically.

I purchased a black powder revolver online from Cabelas. When I received it I realized it had been already fired and I called customer service. They sent me a 20$ voucher. Since it fired Ok, I accepted the rebate, but was not impressed with the amount, since it was a used weapon. I soon found out that I could NOT disassemble it which is critical for cleaning, most likely the reason it was returned in the first place. When I tried again to separate the parts, I bent the ramrod handle. So I called Cabelas customer service and explained the problem. They told me they could do nothing since it had been already fired. I pointed out that it was already fired when I got it and they admitted they saw that in the computer records on file, but insisted it was not their policy to accept a fired weapon back. So I got stuck with someone else's return.

We went back and forth and then tricked me by making me believe they were putting me in contact with their gunsmith repair center. I found out they don't have one. What they did was connect me to the nearest Cabelas in another state and did not explain anything to anyone, and left me online waiting for someone to answer, while they got off the line. I had to re-explain everything again. The Cabelas store told me to contact their customer service again. CATCH 22. I spoke to a supervisor but again was told they would not accept it back. I am pursuing this with the BBB and the firearm company that made it, which unfortunately is overseas.

Don't deal with Cabelas. I will not do business with them again and will continue to share my bad experience dealing with their customer disservice department. Unfortunately right after receiving the revolver I gave them a good rating since it fired well, not realizing the problems I soon was to face, which I now regret having done.

Well took number and got help asap. Had to walk clerk what I was doing and he had to rub his head since I not building a normal setup. But we went to work on finding the parts as I needed them and we got that all done. Once he knew what I was building, he did a good job and all employee at the store was doing a very good job. And they said it's not about the money they make there, it's the toys they bring home because it's just that way in a gun shop. You buy more toys for later on and to have fun with like hunting gear, guns, ski gear, or winter work gear - there for you nowadays... not like some of the other shops.

Cabela's has the worst customer service out of any company I have ever dealt with in all the online sales I've done for a living. They are rude, uneducated, and don't care about anything but money. Do not buy from these guys. They are way overpriced and their brand name Cabela's gear is cheap and does not last. They don't look to help out customers. They just want what best for $$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$. I had some issues on several occasions with online gear not being what I ordered or it being broken or defective and if they do resolve the problem it will take them at minimum a month but there are still orders that I am waiting to hear back or receive refunds for and it's been over a month.

All I hear is that it's in the hands of the Cabela's financial team and they will get with you, but they don't. They never do. They just try to make or I guess take anything they can for crap merchandise. Stop shopping at Cabela's. They have the rudest and most unknowledgeable staff in store and online in the outdoor business. Sportsman's Warehouse is the place to go. They actually care about issues if it is in fault of themselves. I hope people start realizing what Cabela's is doing.

I visited Cabela's store # 064 located in Garner, North Carolina on 9/04/2015 in order to purchase a Crossbow with accessories. Now Archery season is right around the corner and there was only one worker by the name of Cristina working the Archery Department. Additionally, she used her hair to cover up her name plate by dropping it down in front of her chest. I had to ask for her name. The wait time for assistance was absolutely ridiculous! Eventually I found the right crossbow for myself and apparently they did not have any in stock besides the beat up display one that customers have already been test firing. Therefore I decided to head to Bass Pro about 10 minutes down the road and made the purchase there prior to purchasing a crossbow case and 2 hats.

Unfortunately the crossbow case did not fit my quiver so I decided to return it with the two hats on 9/07/2015. When I arrived at customer service, Angela did not want to assist me until I was literally almost over the counter. I told her that I am returning all three items so I can purchase the correct items immediately after, so it was pretty much an exchange. She stated that she understood then made me pay 20.00$ for the return of the crossbow case. I was confused because why would I be charge for a return/exchange? She stated that it was the difference of the 2 hats (40.00 each) and the case was 100.00 so I had to pay a fee. She repeated this at least three times while I was reviewing the receipt so I obliged and paid 20.00.

As my wife and I were walking towards the archery section, she yelled out for me and ask why I wasn't taking the case. I told her that I was returning it so I can pick up the correct one. At this point she felt retarded and realized she made a huge mistake so she made the refund and credited me back my money. We will see if that is true in a few weeks after the transactions go through. If I can negatively rate this Cabela's then it would seriously be a -5 Stars. Customer Service is miserable and I recommend going to Bass Pro. I will be sending this review to the Cabela's website themselves ie. president, CEO, etc.

I do know that their "lifetime guarantee" on Cabela's brand footwear is pretty much meaningless. They claim to have a "product lifetime guarantee" on Cabela's brand clothing footwear and optics. They state those items "are guaranteed for the life of the product under normal wear and tear and AGAINST DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP". I bought my wife two pairs of Cabela's Brand women's hiking/hunting boots in 05, she never wore one pair and wore the other pair, maybe a dozen times, both have been stored in her closet under normal temp/humidity conditions. The rubber in the soles has started to rot, crumble and break apart just by touching it. Sent them back and Cabela's denied the return saying that since the boots were discontinued in '07 therefore we're beyond their "life of product" time!! CLEAR violation of federal law! Read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter Company Profile