2. Shopping

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5
Based on 2,520 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Shop Now

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Best Buy Reviews

Original review: May 13, 2020

Best buy; do not do BUSINESS with these clowns. They have lengthy shipping delays; customer relations is crap. Returns are difficult; and they take their time on refunds. All in all; they could care less about to the customer. I be have put on endless holds; they do not return my calls etc. The in house service plans require you; the customer; to be patient with these charlatans of mass merchandising because; again you again mean nothing to them.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Never again. Purchased software from BB two days ago, got two people on the phone that could not help me. The link they emailed me to the software does not work, generates an error message. This is antivirus software for a Mac.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Twice, I’ve ordered something online, at Bestbuy.com, had it confirmed for pickup and had it sold out from under me by Best Buy. The most recent time I received an email telling me the exercise bike was ready for pickup. However, I ordered it for pickup at the Best Buy distribution center for Central Florida, only to find out they were closed Sunday. I thought no problem, I’m just going to change the pickup location! So I set it to a store near my house (40 miles away from the warehouse) and I was just modifying the same order. They told me was ready for pickup.

Well, I received a schedule telling me it would be at my local store in just 4 days (Makes sense, that’s the distribution center for the area right). Yeah well, 3 days after I ordered the bike, I noticed it was still in stock in the AM, but went out of stock by evening and still wasn’t showing up at my store (I figured that might mean it just wasn’t received yet)… The pickup day came and it was starting to feel like the last time they pulled a stunt like this, the hours and minutes went by, and customer service couldn’t see any bike in inventory within 500 miles of my store (These same customer service reps told me the bike was definitely going to be transferred from the warehouse to my store).

Anyway, About 15 minutes after their store closed, they set my order to delayed and said they would cancel it on me if it hadn’t been received within the next week (the status for new orders, of the bike, told me they already knew this wasn’t going to happen as it was 3 weeks out)… Of course, they didn’t change it to delayed until I complained on their forums about their bad business practices, then they conveniently decided it was best to just go ahead and cancel my order.

Going even further, they either deleted my postings on their forums, or hid them in an irrelevant section or the forums to cover up their poor customer service. In the end, I canceled my bike order, my sister canceled her bike order, and my wife canceled her plans to buy a $2000 Fridge at the store, because of the poor customer service this company has! So all in, Best Buy lost $6900 worth of sales in the span of a few days, because it was impossible to reach anybody in the company that cared at all! Oh and their Customer Service Reps are in the Philippines, they have no real access to anyone in the retail side, and basically just lie to you to get you off the phone. They were very pleasant to talk to, but almost none of what they said was true or accurate. I’m done with this store for good!

Original review: May 9, 2020

Complete waste of time. Ordered a tv. Was given delivery option of Tuesday - 4 days from order date. Next day -started getting calls and emails to schedule delivery. Waited on hold 25 MINUTES to speak to someone only to find out that the TV that they said was available is not...and that they can get it to me in 21 days! Lying - wasting my time - unfair business practices. I ordered from that Major Online Retailer who has everything - same price - free delivery - it will be here in 4 days.

Original review: May 5, 2020

For a company revolving around computers and electronics, their online ordering system is an absolute joke. First off, I attempt to place an order and have it shipped overnight. However, they REQUIRE an account before they offer next-day shipping. OK, whatever... However, when I attempt to create the account, it says an account exists for my email. When I attempt to reset the password, it says no account associated with my email. Fine... It shows it'll be here in 2-days, so I place the order...then instantly have remorse. So per their website, you can cancel an order within 30-minutes of placing it. Nope, it refused to let me as they are "working on it" (on a Sunday around midnight). I bite the bullet and decide to proceed with the order, figuring they're being prompt and it'll be here Tuesday. Well Tuesday rolls around and I receive an email stating "There's a delay with your order." And of course I am STILL unable to cancel the order online.

Maybe their phone support can be of assistance. After dealing with pre-recordings you can't pass, being hung up on once before I could respond and finally waiting for a good 30 minutes, I finally got with someone. Of course when I explained I wanted to cancel my order and couldn't online, she seemed surprised and looked into it. But another road block... Their system was "searching inventory" thus couldn't be canceled...

Now credit where credit is due...I wish I could recall the woman's name I spoke with because she was generally pleasant to speak with. I only wish the entire process could be this nice. At any rate, I'm stuck waiting until another week unless they manage to find stock somewhere. Should the order actually be fulfilled, I will demand a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: May 2, 2020

My experience with Best Buy delivery service my entire life has been terrible and today was no exception. I ordered a freezer. I had a person call the night before and say they would be here around 2:00. I got a text message the next afternoon at 12:00 saying they were on their way. No one ever showed up. I started calling Best Buy at 6:00 and have called several times, always put on hold and never reaching a real person. I have spent 1 hour and 46 minutes on hold. I wasn't surprised my delivery did not show up because that's pretty normal for them.

Now I can't say what will happen tomorrow with Best Buy but my past experience says, no one will contact me... I will have to hunt someone down and tell them my freezer never arrived. They will say they have been very busy. They are sorry and then schedule my delivery several days away. Just don't expect to get your delivery when you schedule it is all I'm saying. If you lower your expectations, you can't be disappointed.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Their Corporate babies can't overlook or have the same scatter brains as they're just out of High School employees. Stores as their Willowbrook location will go all day on a Wednesday not picking up their phone to answer. I have two screenshots of different calls approximately 30 min each the same day while their Copperfield store confirmed they're open. Best Buy 800 number gives me an operator who transfers me to hear stupid music till I almost forgot why I called in the first place. And of all things, I spoke to another store with a car audio department & the Audio guy said fuse information was above his head!!!!

Original review: April 29, 2020

They don't deserve the 1 star review!!!! There was an online fraudulent charge to this company. Due to this, we had to get a new card from our bank. We called customer service to let them know to cancel the order since it is fraudulent. The lady on the phone lied about not speaking to us anymore. I've worked in retail for many years and what she had said was a flat out lie. She was perfectly okay with lying. They refuse to cancel the order just so they can get that $300.

Be aware and never ever shop here. Your card will get stolen and they will not cancel the order even if it's on hold at your bank. Customer service sucks and they will refuse to help you what so ever just so they can make their money. Do not give this company money, they let criminals use someone else's card(s) to make orders fraudulently and they are perfectly okay with that. They won't even refund the money either. The package will have an address and the police department has been notified. And the names of the stupid lady liar and the supervisor have been given to the police for fraud charges against them also since they've done this.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I waited in line outside of Best Buy for 3 hours because of the new COVID-19 rules. When I got to the front the laptop I wanted was sold out so they gave me the better version of it for the same price. The laptop was a Acer Nitro 7. Best laptop I have ever owned. They did a really nice thing for me and put the customer first.

Original review: April 22, 2020

DO NOT BUY - Up until now, I was very satisfied with Best Buy. I've bought many products from them. Everything from smart watches to speakers, laptops, etc. However, they have screwed me tremendously. I recently placed 2 separate pre-orders through them for The Child 11 inch plush. Now, this is a hot item because of its popularity. I was planning to give these to my baby cousins.

Where it went terribly wrong...first, I receive an email that there was a delay. Fine. This can happen. No worries. Then, they email me weeks later that the delay email was sent by error and it will be sent by the original delivery date. Good news. Then, I get an email that both my orders were cancelled for no reason. Keep in mind that I placed my orders about ~5 months ago and only now do I hear about the cancellation. Given the demand of this product, it is now sold out everywhere, in which back when I placed the order, I could've ordered it elsewhere while available. Now, Best Buy screwed me big time.

Insult to injury, I just received another email that the cancellation was made by error and I can reorder the products through a link. I click the link and it says the product is sold out. How does a company your size not exactly know the quantity of how much your customers can order and you joke and tease by back and forth emails, which in the end you say, "thanks for pre-ordering with us almost half a year ago, we can't match the demand so we'll cancel your order for a full refund. No harm, right? Whom would've received your present doesn't want it or need to get it right?". Good job Best Buy. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, BEST BUY IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE AND TEASING TO AN ALREADY WORST EXPERIENCE. I will never buy from Best Buy again. Do not go through them for anything. This won't be the last time they do this.

Best Buy Company Information