3.59/5
Based on 3,202 ratings submitted in the last year

3891 Best Buy Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 21, 2019

I bought a new computer and was very happy with everything???? I purchased it online and picked it up in the store. The set up was easy and I am enjoying my purchase. Will buy again from them in the future.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Refrigerator broken - I called Geek Squad repair and they could not schedule a repair person for several days. I advised them all food would spoil, they didn't care. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - I would definitely consider other stores before I bought from Best (possibly WORST) Buy again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Their merchandise is not worth it. DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN. They do not honor it and will direct you back to the manufacturer and leave you hanging. NEVER AGAIN WILL I, OR ANYONE IN MY FAMILY PURCHASE FROM THIS POS COMPANY. I had six agents come to my house and replace all parts, spending 3 hours each time they were here. After all that, they still could not fix the issue, and do not honor their word that they would replace the TV if they could not fix it.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Wanted to price match a dryer from Sam’s Club. Sam’s included free delivery, installation and haul away. It also included “All parts and accessories“ which I found out to be the electric cord, vent duct and the steamer installation kit. Best Buy would sell me the dryer only for the same price. It did include free delivery, but I would have to pay for the installation and haul away, the power cord ($30), the vent duct ($29) and the steamer installation kit (another $30). That, my friends, is not price matching!

Original review: April 12, 2019

AVOID THE MURRAY, UT LOCATION! I am still fuming from the poor customer service and dishonest employees all the way up the chain to the deceiving manager at this location. I have never had such an unprofessional experience like this in all my years shopping at Best Buy! We went in to buy a vacuum, a washing machine, and a dryer. Simple right?!?! The next three hours were hell! We felt like we were at a dishonest car dealership dealing with car sharks! We were dealing on a set of floor model washer and dryer. After promising us the floor model discount plus 20% off, which was a promo they were running, plus delivery we said that we would take the appliances. Then we were told that they decided that they can't deliver them because they were floor models. There just happened to be signs everywhere saying free delivery on appliances over $399...

We were spending over $1300 including the vacuum!!! And they can't deliver?!?! We asked to speak with a manager thinking that he would side with us... Well... what happened next was mind blowing!!! The manager came over and told us that not only are they not going to deliver, but they are also taking of the additional 20% they promised us!!! Mind you that we have been there negotiating for 2 hours at this point... new born baby crying and two little girls, 5 and 7, running around. The manager was very demeaning to my wife as she was trying to explain that we were promised the %20 with free delivery. Best Buy always delivers! It's what the company is known for! FREE DELIVERY!!! It's all over the store!

They finally agreed to deliver the washer and dryer but they would not honor the %20 off they promised. The manager and respectfully turned his back on us several times and walked away during this conversation. After almost 3 hours we were finally walking up to the front of the store to make a purchase. That's where we found out that they were running another promotion. If we take the appliances with us the same day as purchased they would knock $50 off the price! Where was this in all of the negotiations earlier?! However, now that three hours of negotiating had happened we don't have time to go get a trailer or another vehicle to haul the appliances before the store closes!!! How hard is it really to live up to your promises!? Best Buy, you promised us 20% off and free home delivery and then took those away after we said you've got a deal!

Our current situation is the washer and dryer are paid for but are still at Best Buy waiting for us to come back tomorrow to pick them up and bring them home. However, we now lose the $50 promotion because we're not taking them home the same day of purchase!!! I wish the story ended here but it gets much worse... While we were walking out of the store we heard several remarks from the employees of the store putting us down and telling others that they were sorry that they had to deal with customers like us and our children! One of the employees even said directly to me, "I'm sorry you have to put up with a wife like that"!!! All we wanted to do was to buy a washer and dryer and a vacuum! Simple right?!?!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had a simple question regarding a charge for an item. I had to make six calls to finally get an answer. Some of the workers spoke English with a very heavy accent. Some of my calls were dropped, disconnected, or I was put on hold for an extremely long time. I finally has to ask for a supervisor and even then was not given the correct department for my issue. Calling Best Buy on the phone was an extremely frustrating experience.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Order Number: **. Order Number: **. Two days, two stores in Houston, two paid orders = 2 wasted hours, one trip to the store, and two canceled orders. Stores have no items they sold online. IMHO Best Buy has the practice to show you below market price items "open box", you purchase it online, but they cancel it. So Best Buy has decent traffic, "the best prices", and a good chance of upselling you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

So went to Best Buy located at 45520 Utica Park Blvd, Utica, MI 48315 on the 9th if April 2019. Purchased a Logitech Corded Mouse (needed as a replacement). Went to my home office and proceeded to open the package (you know the hard plastic package with no open instructions) by cutting along the top of the package to expose an opening so that I can get the mouse out. For some odd reason, it was not cutting too easily. After stopping to see why, it turns out that the cord was looped around the top and the scissors had caught and cut it.

So I'm thinking "What a lousy package" thinking that Best Buy would take responsibility for such a shoddy package. Guess again, they would not take any responsibility at all. Kind of explains why Amazon is kicking their proverbial backside. So, I decided to contact customer service online. After explaining to the lady the ordeal that took place, she used what seems to be Best Buys age old excuse "We only deal with Online Purchases". Best Buy, You should consider a name change to "Goodbye" as in see you later. It was fun while it lasted.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I bought a used iPhone from BB, the phone kept freezing up and we couldn’t get it to work at all. I tried to take it back to the store and they wouldn’t refund my money because you can’t return used phones after 14 days. I told them I wish they would let people know that before they purchase the phone. Now I’m out of $250!! That’s bad business!! I’ll never buy anything from Best Buy again!!!!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I bought three Inspiron 15 7000 gaming computers in December 2017 for my sons from Best Buy with 2 years warranty. Within four months I had to bring all three laptops back for technical issues. It is a year and four months later. Between the three computers, I had to bring the computer laptops in five times. My advice, DO NOT BUY ANY COMPUTERS OR ANYTHING COMPUTERIZED FROM BEST BUY unless you are financially stable and can afford to burn money. The GEEK department sucks. $800.00×3 + $199.00×3 for 2yr. warranty for each laptop. I AM PISSED!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I recently purchased a new home. The sellers transferred a Geek Squad protection policy to me for an LG fridge about 3 weeks before the closing. On the day of the closing, the sellers informed me they had a Geek Squad repairman in to look at a problem with the freezer. The repairman told them it was just a bad setting, there was no issue with the freezer.

Three days later, there was a huge puddle on the kitchen floor - all the ice in the ice dispenser had melted. The setting on the freezer said -6F, but the freezer was barely cold at all. I called the 800 number for the Geek Squad. After being transferred 4 times, and being told they would not help me because I did not have the unit's serial number handy (I did have the Geek Squad protection policy number), I finally managed to reach a human being. He asked me for the phone number for the original purchaser! How in the world would I know that? He told me he would not be able to help me without that phone number. I told him I had Geek Squad protection policy number, and he replied "that will work". It's as if they try everything possible to avoid helping customers.

I asked for a service appointment on April 8, the following Monday. He told me he could only schedule the next available appointment, for April 6. At the time, I had a crew removing the popcorn ceilings in the house, and that project might not be done by the 6th. He said he could do nothing but schedule the first available appointment, but would transfer me (yet again) to "a Geek Squad special forces member" who would be able to schedule me for the 8th. Special Forces guy could not schedule me for the 8th, because the first guy had already scheduled me for the 6th (after I told him that date would not work for me), and special forces guy did not have the authority to cancel the other appointment. I ended up taking the appointment for the 6th, and asked for the contact phone for the repair guy. Special Forces guy gave me the 800 for LG service dispatch, since "we just sub the jobs from them anyway".

30 minutes on the phone, transferred 5 times, spoke to 2 different people, and could not get an appointment at a time that worked for me for the *second attempt* to fix the problem. IMHO, the Geek Squad Protection policies are useless. Very difficult to get an actual human on the phone, you can't get the appointment time that works for you, you have to do it at Best Buy's convenience, and after all that, they sub the job out. You're better off not wasting money on their protection plan, save the money, and if the unit needs repairs just deal with your local appliance repair guy.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Was waiting for a new fridge on a Tuesday and was given a time table of 8-12. Got all kinds of texts saying the fridge was on its way. Turns out the fridge is out of stock, or at least that is what I was told. So they don't tell me this until the day of delivery? They didn't know this the day before? Then they say it's going to be at least 2 more days to get a fridge? Because I just have endless time to take off so they can deliver any day or time they want. Terrible company.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My fiancé had a Compustar Alarm system installed by Pat Best Buy on South Lindbergh on 10/6/2018. Since then, we have had numerous problems and have since had it removed at the Brentwood Best Buy by James on 3/30/2019. Pat and James broke the Bezel in our truck during installation and uninstallation and now Best Buy refuses to replace it. We were originally told by Pat that the truck had no leaks, and that was not the problem for the alarm malfunctioning, and that there were no problems and that it was all in our head.

When we had it uninstalled, James at the Brentwood Best Buy told us there was a leak in our truck, because the floorboard on both the driver and passenger side was completely soaked. I know for a fact that they did this on purpose to justify the alarm malfunctioning because the floor was not wet beforehand, because I cleaned out our truck before we took it to have the alarm uninstalled. I have tried contacting the store managers at both stores as well as the corporate office with no resolution. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: March 28, 2019

In the first week of December, 2018 our refrigerator failed and had to be replaced. On December 15, 2018 we placed an order with Best Buy through the store located in the Glengary Shoppes, Sarasota, Florida. The refrigerator was in a warehouse in one of the northern states. We were going to be out of town over Christmas and we were informed by the salesman that it would not be available to install until January 25th, 2019 and we accepted the delay as we had a second refrigerator in the garage so it was inconvenient but acceptable to us.

We had to prepay the total cost of the refrigerator and haul off of old refrigerator before they would place the order. On about January 10th my wife and I went to the store and they assured us that the order was being processed and that delivery was as scheduled. As January 25th approached I called to again confirm the delivery. I spoke to the manager of the appliance department and was informed that the order had been cancelled by us and they had refunded the money to my credit card. AT NO TIME DID WE EVER CALL AND CANCEL THE ORDER-THEY CANCELLED THE ORDER AND DIDN'T NOTIFY US. I then checked my credit card statement and did find that they had made a partial repayment but not the full amount.

After getting no satisfaction with the department manager and not the courtesy of returning three phone calls. We wrote to the CEO of Best Buy and once again to this date have not received any communication from his office. (The letter was sent certified mail and we received the green card back that they had received the letter). I would hope that the corporate office would at least show some concern about the poor customer service the Sarasota store has. About a month later we did receive the balance due us on the purchase price. We have given up dealing with Best Buy and placed an order for the refrigerator with another store in Sarasota.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a Maytag Washer from a local Best Buy here in Corona Ca. on February 25, 2019. The delivery was set for 2/27. The Geek squad driver Raul arrived on time for the delivery and installation. Raul looked at the water valve in the wall. He said the cold water valve had a leak. He said that I needed to get the leak fixed before he could install the washer. Raul said, he could drop the washer in the garage and I could call back to reschedule the installation once the leak is fixed. I told Raul to take the washer back, I would get the leak taken care and reschedule the installation.

After getting a minute leak fixed, I reschedule the installation for 3/2/19. The same driver Raul showed up on time for installation. He looked at the hot water valve this time and said he could not install, there is a water leak. I knew, there was no leak. I told Raul to place the new washer in place and haul the old washer. I will install it by myself. The tune changed. Raul repeated more than one-time saying, "You know this is my second time here. You need the washer hooked up." At this time I realized that something not right here. I am a 68-year-old fellow and someone is trying to take advantage of me here. When I told Raul that just leave the washer and I will sign for the delivery. He then said he would install it but don't let the company know. The washer was installed and Raul said everything was fine. There was no leak. He made me signed the paper works and left. I felt that Raul was giving me a hard time because of my age and my Indian nationality.

On 3/3/19, I called Best Buy and reported the incidence. I spoke with Cherry at full length. When finished, Cherry gave me case #**. As of today, March 26, I have not heard from Best Buy. Because of this incidence, I will not purchase any large appliances from Best Buy in the future. Consumers, look out so that you will not go through what I did.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Purchased two 7" and one 8" Kindle Fires a month ago. Guy at Best Buy asks if I want the extended warranty. As always I ask what is covered since I would be getting these for a 4yr old, 5yr old and 7yr old. He says, "If within 2 years anything happens we will replace it for free." I ask specifically (I have been in customer service most of my life so know what to ask), "So even if they break it or get water in it at any time I will always be able to replace as long as it is within 2 years?" He said, "Yes exactly". Normally I'd up and buy protection plans but since the grandkids were so young I knew they would have no problem in the 2 yr time frame of us having to buy another one. I purchase 3 plans, one for each tablet and was given a receipt for the purchase and nothing more.

Today I bring one of the tablets in because the plug part was broken and it wouldn't charge (mind you it has been less than a month since purchased). I was told by the associate, yes we have to go ahead and exchange since it's cheaper than repair. I said well ok since I have the extended warranty. She then asks if I wanted to buy yet another warranty for that tablet since it was being exchanged therefore closing the warranty. I was LIVID, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Then I was asked if I had the power cord to which I replied no as I thought it would be fixed. Not exchanged. She says, "Well we have to charge you for a cord." Ok now livid doesn't compare to how I feel. Needless to say they didn't charge me for the cord, did do the exchange BUT I HAVE NO WARRANTY OF WHICH I PAID FOR A 2YR WARRANTY AND NO ONE SAID WHEN I PURCHASED THIS WOULD BE THE CASE!! I asked the associate at the time it was purchased. "Now this is good for 2 years and there is no hidden agenda here with it?" He laughs and says no 2 years no matter what!! BAIT AND SWITCH AT ITS FINEST!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

You are able to find med. to high end items there and I appreciate the staff that work there. Knowledgeable about the products/great financing available/clean and organized. Unlike some other stores. Managers I have dealt with are just great and really want to please the consumer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Was going to buy a TV from Best Buy online. Choose the TV. Went to check out. It asked about installation through Geek Squad. Called Geek Squad to see if they would walk mount the TV for the $99 price since I already had a wall mount on the wall. They said they would do it for the $99. Went to pay with card. Card didn’t work online. So went to store to take care of purchase. The guy behind the counter said I couldn't get the $99 price without paying 200 for some membership then he said it would cost $130 after that. Explained I had already talked with Geek Squad. He said that they don't do things that way. So I walked out. Got the same TV and install for less through Walmart. Won't go back to Best Buy.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Purchased Total Protection service last year. Purchased TV and installation w/ appt set for 3/21/19. Appt canceled for no reason. Had to reschedule. Customer service would not escalate even though problem was theirs. Been a week waiting on TV to get mounted on wall. Do not buy from Best Buy. Do not buy their service plans. They do not deliver on what was promised.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Honestly, I wouldn’t even give them 1 star. I ordered a NordicTrack S22i bike from there on March 5, 2019. I paid over $2200 for the bike and an additional $250 for the delivery/installation. We agreed on the delivery date of March 13th, which I thought was a fast delivery time, even for Best Buy. That’s where the customer service part ended and all went to **. When the delivery came on the 13th, only 1/3 of the bike was delivered. It was missing the monitor, pedals, base, dumbbells, and seat. The delivery guy said that the rest would come with FedEx delivery. I waited a whole week with no notice, phone call, or email. I called Best Buy customer service and was transferred 4 times, with each person not knowing where the rest of the bike was located or what happened. Even spoke to the salesperson named Deron, who has the worst customer service skills on the phone. Even the manager, Ross **, was absolutely clueless as to what was going on.

They told me some ** story how it was a manufacturer defect that parts didn’t come together in the one box it was supposed to be delivered. Then, the salesperson and manager told me it would be another 2 weeks until the bike can be delivered. No discount for delayed service at all, even when asked. I would not purchase anything from this store, especially anything that costs a lot. There are way more stores with a hell of a lot better customer service and business practices than this store. DO NOT BUY HERE. You will regret it or basically not get what you paid for. This is the worst Best Buy, always long lines, nothing in stock, and delayed delivery times. They do not answer their phones in the store and have you waiting for an actual phone pickup.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Went to Best Buy in KCMO. My camera on truck quit working. They wanted me to contact Kenwood for factory warranty. They didn’t want to look at it for a month. They were book. But once again he didn’t even look at appointments. Thanks Best Buy. Never again.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Best Buy contract service delivered kitchen appliance suite in a truck with no lift or ramps. I watched from the second floor as one of the guys slide a new refrigerator to the edge of the truck and then allow it to drop to the ground. Needless to say, I refused to take delivery of that appliance. The truck was unmarked and old looking. This is the second bad experience I have had with Best Buy delivery. Never again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Salesmen were all standing in one group in there cubby hole for 5 minutes before someone came over to talk to me. I asked her to fit me with the new 4-38 mm Apple Watch. She was nice but told the other employees that she needed to go to lunch but she tried to do as much as she can but unfortunately she made a lot of errors. She put the band wrong and she made me type a code upside down. It was awkward and we lost the code. She then grabbed a 44 mm shield but then realized that it was the wrong size. She didn’t know how to reverse the charges so she asked me to go to return department after we complete the whole process. Then she really had to go so another salesman came to fix her mess.

He was able to get the watch connected and asked me to go. He told me that everything will work while it’s still retrieving information. I got home and the watch just kept going around and around for hours. So I came back in the evening and tried to get a refund but this is a fiasco also. I was not credited for the 44 mm because the 2nd salesman took it away and gave me a 38 mm which I was able to get the money back. I am going to a real APPLE STORE this week. Lost $21 from this bad experience in Best (BAD) Buy.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We recently purchased a washing machine and dryer from Best Buy in Summerville SC. No problem with the appliances, but we got no operation details by the installers and they broke our cold water supply valve. After being assured that BestBuy would fix it, nothing was ever done and then they told us that they put in an insurance claim, but nothing. There also does not seem to be anyone at this insurance company. All we get is a recording and no one ever calls back. BEWARE.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Trying order a TV online to be installed. Had questions. Can't order with a store over the phone. But you can order on the phone with Bestbuy.com. Could not call the store to have someone else pick up order. Way too much bad EXPERIENCE to list it all. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Original review: March 15, 2019

It took over an hour on hold and attempting to resolve a delivery issue. I tried to resolve online only to be put in an endless loop with no answer. When, after an hour of being on hold or going in circles on computer, I finally spoke to an operator, she could not answer a simple question about a scheduled delivery on the day it was due. The phone system at the Niles, Ohio store, #834, puts you into an endless loop. Twice I held for 20 minutes without anybody answering. I have a Best Buy reward membership but that did not help. I WILL NEVER USE BEST BUY, ORDER ONLINE OR ORDER IN STORE AGAIN. This experience was so bad it makes me want to even avoid shopping there in store again!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a cell phone online and they mailed it to me without scanning the barcode, causing a lot of problems including being accused of theft by my phone provider and being unable to use my new phone. I am furious.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We ordered a Premier 6 burner stove. The first delivery date was pushed forward by a week, as the stove was not in the warehouse after it was confirmed it would be delivered the next day. Upon receipt of the stove we realize the top grates were incorrect, and the oven door glass had slipped out of place. After several phone calls, we were advised to return and exchange, but the delivery would be another 4 weeks out. (We are now without a stove for 6 weeks). The day prior to the delivery we were informed that the return & exchange would be delayed yet another 2 weeks. I contacted the stove's manufacturer, who was very accommodating and immediately mailed us out the correct grates and explained how to fix the oven door. (For $2,000 we should not have to fix it ourselves.)

Finally after a month we get the stove hooked up. Upon trying to turn the oven on, the knob disintegrated in my hand. I immediately called Best Buy to cancel the return & exchange, and just return the stove for a refund. No less than 8 phone calls were required to make this happen. It is apparent no one at headquarters communicates with each other, and just tell the customer what they think they want to hear. Finally one man was able to make the whole process happen for us. The stove was picked up by the GREAT delivery guys 2 weeks later. We received our refund and it was $115.78 less than what we paid for the stove to begin with. Still trying to find out what is going on with that. I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a washing machine just after Christmas 2018. We got a 5 year warranty from the store for the machine and was never told anything would exempt me from using the warranty. Best Buy cancelled my order and reordered everything without telling me causing me to get both phone calls and emails from them saying my order was cancelled the day I was expecting delivery and installation. After 2 hours of trying to reach someone, I was told this was on their end and the washer would still be delivered. A month and a half after delivery and installation (I had to purchase hoses new as well through them) my washer has started to leak all over the floor from what looks like the hose or the hose connection on the back of the machine. I called 4 times and was put on hold for over 40 minutes each time and hung up on several times by people while trying to get in touch with Geek Squad for my warranty.

When I finally got someone on the phone, they told me they would send someone however, if the device was defective or beyond repair, I have to call the manufacturer. I have a 5 year warranty with them! They told me it’s a new policy as of 2019 (even though I purchased in 2018). I asked what the purpose of selling me a warranty that I couldn't utilize and she said she had no clue and hung up on me. I'm now stuck with a machine leaking all over my floor and over $1500 in a purchase that was worthless. I called the store I purchased it from and was told management wasn't available and again they hung up on me. I have had a Best Buy card for 20 years and I will be cancelling my card and never purchasing from them again.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I completed an order online for nearly $400 worth of goods from Best Buy and was guaranteed same day delivery for a few bucks more. Lo and behold they use some third party garbage delivery service. No window of delivery given so they showed up while I'm at work. They made one delivery attempt, then drove my items around all day. I call the store and ask if I can just pick up the order and I'm told no, the order must be cancelled and my credit card will be refunded minus the delivery that didn't even occur. Long story short, no items delivered. Now I'm stuck waiting for a refund and all Best Buy can do is say "You'll just have to reorder and pay for the items and delivery again." Nope. Not a chance, never again. I'll pay more for the items from a more reputable service like Amazon.

Best Buy Company Information