3.56/5
Based on 2,820 ratings submitted in the last year

3853 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I called Best Buy on Lancaster to see if they had QuickBooks 2019 Desktop Pro which they had in stock. While I was on hold the phone message stated that they would meet or beat any price. I brought them the website price for Costco at a $149.99 while their price was 300. They insisted that there are 2 versions of QuickBooks Pro Desktop 2019 which I find unlikely and refused to meet the price.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Purchased a remote start and installation with Best Buy in Annapolis, MD. The tech installed the remote start and when I picked my car up, there was a service light on inside my Honda Pilot. I immediately walked back inside to tell the tech what happened and he acknowledged that he saw the light come on while he did the install but he was not sure how to fix it. He attempted to google it, but he said I would need to take it to Honda to figure out what is wrong. Honda told me to take it back to Best Buy but Best Buy repeated to take it to Honda, so I am getting the runaround.

Meanwhile, the remote start stopped working altogether, but then it started without provocation IN MY GARAGE. I have a wife and 2 small children and if that happened in the middle of the night, with the garage door shut, who knows what would have happened. Luckily, I heard something and immediately opened the door to save a potential disaster. It starts on its own frequently now, so we are not even able to drive it without worrying when it will start on its own. I called customer service and after several hours on hold, they got me in touch with the store manager. He did call me and stated that they are not sure that they damaged my vehicle and that it may have just been coincidence that my car went in without issues and it came out with the service light on and my sensors not functioning. This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever experienced with the purchase of any item or service, I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My wife and I had gone to Best Buy to see what was offered to get a wireless headset to work with my flat screen tv. The salesman showed me a Bluetooth that he said would work with my tv. I explained to him that I wasn't sure that it would work as I had tried a different setup with my RCA output jacks and it didn't work. He told me to give it a try and if it didn't work I could return it with no problem. I couldn't get it to work. When I finally was able to get back to the store to return it, customer service said I only had 15 days to return it by. I explained that I was never told that by the salesman but the manager was happy to inform me that it's in the small print on the receipt.

I now have a hundred dollar paperweight. I'm not a large volume buyer of their store but have bought a few computers, entertainment items, appliances, and various accessories for the different things. I'm pretty sure they have gotten the last dollar I will ever give them. I was even willing to accept in store credit for the Bluetooth transmitter but the manager refused.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I ordered a full 3-piece kitchen appliance set on Black Friday of 2018. Delivery took 3 weeks, and the fridge and range we're both damaged on delivery. After 5-10 phone calls, Best Buy agreed to replace the fridge and pay me $100 in gift cards to keep the range. I agreed to this and it took a month and me chasing them over several phone calls in order to get any action. On delivery of the second fridge, the team damaged the item again. After another month of phone calls I was offered a $150 gift card to keep the damaged fridge. I agreed to this but never received the gift card. Instead, they tried to re-send the $100 for the range.

Just today after several more phone calls and escalations I received a $50 gift card instead of $150. Do NOT purchase appliances from Best Buy. If you have any problem with the order you will have an impossible time trying to get your issue resolved. They do not appear to keep records of un-resolved issues in hopes that you will go away and give up. At the very least, make your order with a credit card that will do a charge-back. DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM BEST BUY ONLINE.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I paid for the five year service plan for my microwave/convection oven. After just one year. The oven stopped working properly. GE device model PVM9179sfss would appear to power on, but the food would not be cooked. Secondly, the fan would turn on all by itself in the middle of the night, and I'd have to disconnect the power to get it to turn off. When I called the Geek Squad, I'd get the total run around. After being on hold for 45 minutes and being transferred three or four times, I'd get disconnected, sometimes it seemed purposefully. I called a total of 16 times and had the same experience.

Eventually, I went into the BEST BUY Store, and sought to resolve the issue their. However, the employees at Best Buy got the same experience: transferred calls and disconnection. We were unable to book an appointment after being on hold for two hours at the store, and the manager of the store got upset and couldn't understand what the problem was with his own Geek Squad.

I tried this a second time at the store, using their phones, and we had the same experience: dropped calls, transferred calls, and no call backs. When I tried to locate a number I could call to make a complaint, there was nobody who could tell me who to call. They just loop you back into the transferred calls. It was so frustrating. Eventually after dozens of similar attempts, I was able to book an appointment, and they came to attempt to fix my device. However, their "fix" lasted a week, and now I'm experiencing the same problems again.

I have gone through the same process for the passed week, and I have been unable to connect with someone who can book me an appointment to fix the device, so I spoke to someone and asked them to just replace the device, but I was told that they have the right to try to fix my device at least three times, before they might even consider replacing it. How ridiculous! I hate this company, and I my next step is to file a consumer complaint. I still have a broken oven, and no way of getting a repair. Best Buy and Geek Squad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a HP Laptop from Best Buy! The cursor would constantly move on its own. I exchanged the first laptop and the second one had the issue. I spoke with HP, who do not want to take responsibility because they do not manufacture the software. They dialed into the laptop and did a few things and the issue still remained. I returned the second laptop to Best Buy and they refused to give me a credit. They only wanted to sell me a subscription to the Geek Squad. I did not buy a laptop to cause me more headaches or money. I understand that a store can not constantly have people just returning item whenever and however but when I product has a known defect there should be leadway. I am truly disappointed with the product and Best Buy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My son bought a Motorola cell phone from Best Buy for $399 and purchased a 2 year extended warranty for another $124. With tax his total was over $561 for a cell phone. In less than a year the phone started turning off and losing the charge. It would be fully charged and as soon as he would try to use it would go dead and cut off. He went to Walmart and purchased a new phone and I encouraged him to take the faulty phone back to Best Buy and utilize the extended warranty. He was told by the first person that they would either fix the phone or give him store credit and told us to have the Geek Squad do a diagnostic.

We got in a different line and the Geek Squad said they don't do diagnostic after he's had it a year. He said we would have to file a claim and they would mail a "like new" phone after my son paid a deductible. I said, he paid $400 for a phone and $124 for a warranty and he doesn't even get a new phone? Anyway we decided it would be worth it to file the claim and return the Walmart phone so we came home and went to file the claim and realized it would cost $99 for the deductible! He only paid $129 for a new phone from Walmart but he would have almost $700 in a used phone if he filed the claim with Best Buy.

He decided to cut his losses and keep the Walmart phone. I would NOT RECOMMEND buying a phone from Best Buy. They obviously don't stand behind what they sell and their prices are ridiculous. If you have to pay $124 for a warranty and another $99 to use it, that's $223 for them to replace the junk they sold you with the junk someone else returned!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought a Powerbeats from Best Buy, it was in October 2017. I bought two laptops and the beats. When I asked if I should insure the headphones or the laptops the sales guy man told that all Apple products have a two-year warranty, so I figured that would be fine. My Powerbeats haven’t been working for the last 6 months And due to me being abroad I couldn’t return them. Today I took them back to Best Buy in Burnsville Centre and I asked someone from customer service to provide me With advice on what to do. Frankly he was rude and very very unprofessional I have never experienced anything like that in my life. I had always recommended Best Buy to family and friends and the one time I needed them to take some kind of ownership for selling me a bad product them treated me with utter disrespect. Best Buy have lost a loyal customer in me and anyone who Values customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I pre-purchased Metro Exodus on Best Buy's website in January. I thought I would get it on or near the release date (February 15th), (or at the very least have the game shipped on the day of), NOPE! They aren't shipping the game until Monday February 25th. That's more than a week later. Stay clear from Best Buy for pre-releases, I should have gone through Amazon. I just wanted to support a company that has physical locations that I could walk into, because that's my preferred method of buying products. For online purchases with Best Buy is usually ok, but not for pre-sales evidently.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The last 3 big purchases I have made from Best Buy have been defective. Customer service and Geek Squad are not any help with these issues and are very rude. The last defective item I bought I end up losing money. I will no longer buy products from Best Buy. You should sell quality merchandise not items that WILL require a warranty.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I called Best Buy support to complete an order I was trying to purchase due to the Best Buy website not being able to verify my information. First of all, I could not receive one of the free items I was entitled to because it wasn't in stock. I could not even switch it out for another game for the same price for no additional charge or have the option to receive it once it was back in stock. I had asked for same day shipping, the associate gave me standard shipping. Yet the icing on the cake was that the associate had added another item to my cart, that I was already getting for free. So, I had to call Best Buy support back to cancel that item which took about 15 minutes. I understand that people make mistakes but this should not have played out like it did. Frankly I am disappointed but the silver lining is that I'm not paying for something I didn't ask for...I guess??

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I recently purchased a laptop, monitor, and Microsoft Office Home & Student from Best Buy store. After reviewing the Microsoft product, I decided it did not provide the software program I needed. The purchase was on a card stock with a scratch off portion to reveal the product key. I did not install the software (download from internet) and did not scratch off the covering to reveal the product key.

When I tried to return it to Best Buy, they quickly informed me that software sales are final and would not refund my money even though I had not installed the software or revealed the product key. They did not bother to tell me that the purchase of the software was "final" at the time of purchase but they sure tried to sell me the Geek Squad technical support, which I refused. In summary, their return policy stinks and are obviously not interested in customer goodwill. I am done with Best Buy and they will never see another dime of mine. I will also tell everyone I can about their crappy return policy.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought a laptop there less than a year ago. Well guess what? It crashed and it’s finals month... Took it back because I’m still under warranty. So I tell the lady and she says, "Nope sorry can find you in the system. There is nothing we can do. Call HP they will might help..." Ummm... okay so call HP. They tell me, "Yes you bought it at Best Buy August of last year..." Since the place I bought it from supposedly can’t track their product and keep their word HP has to handle it which is going to take 2 weeks... So yeah thanks. Maybe Fry's keeps their word. I know they price match.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Order a travel blender from Best Buy, got an email & message saying order will be ready in 1 hour; walked by to Best Buy after 3 hours; order wasn't ready but was told it will be here ("We had to ship it from another store"). Called Best Buy 1 hour before store closing time & I get told, "Sorry your product will not be available." AWESOME! Couldn't you make an effort to inform your customer? This kind of service isn't acceptable.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I don't usually trash a business because I truly believe that folks can make mistakes and we can move on...but I will NEVER recommed buying an appliance from BEST BUY and expect great or even good customer service. Bought a washer and dryer before Christmas...finally delivered last night at 8:30 pm after 3 attempts due to 3rd party failures...and then trying to talk to someone in customer service is HORRIBLE!!! Multiple phone calls, staying on hold for hours, installers not showing up, callbacks never returned, online status never updated, and no one talks to each other when transferred literally to multiple states. Talked to nearly 20-30 different people.

Been on hold now for over an hour and transferred 6 times...just to get someone to pick up old set...that we paid for them to do. When they delivered last night was supposed to pick up then FORGOT dolly straps. Finally got someone on the phone again from the local shop and they want us to pay for pick up again. Sad day for a business that has so many employees that just don't care. Biggest mistake we have ever made. No wonder Amazon is putting these types of businesses out of business. Done.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Best Buy really should shut their doors. The only thing their staff care about is making a sale, they lied and fought in front of us about who was going to get the sale, because they won't be there when we come back with a defective product! We were very clear about our needs and guess what? Yup, you guessed it, they clearly didn't have what we needed, so they sold us a piece of ** product that failed in every way! I am so disgusted that they get by with these antics, I will NEVER EVER buy another thing from Best Buy again, honestly, when the sales people fought in front of us over the sale I knew we should have walked away, but I felt so bad for the two of them I lied so they each got something, guess who got nothing???? The customer!!!! What is wrong with these companies?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've never had a worse customer service experience. I ordered over $8,000 in appliances through their website to be delivered to my house. I scheduled to have them all delivered on a Monday, they called to tell me they wouldn't be coming because their truck broke down... Apparently they only have one truck... So I rescheduled for later that week. They simply didn't show up. I called and rescheduled again and again on day of delivery I get a call saying they can't deliver because an issue with the payment and I need to call my bank. I call the bank and the bank shows that the transaction has already gone through and the money is out of my account. I call back and get passed around to what felt like every person in the company to no avail.

I finally got someone that I thought was helpful who said my account was fine and she could get me scheduled. Again no one showed for the delivery, no one called to say there was an issue or even that they weren't coming. I call again and they once again tell me there is a problem with payment. No one I talked to through this whole ordeal was any bit helpful or pleasant. I cancelled my order because I've wasted enough time and energy on those people. NEVER order from Best Buy, EVER!!! Not a single person I talked to even cared that there were so many issues. They are certainly not in the customer care business.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

How often has my son, a professional in his own vocation, averaging over $200,000.00 a year; has purchased thousands of dollars worth of television and other home appliances with this company. The minute he walks into this store, they follow him around, asking him questions in a very rude way. As I spoke with him about an incident I had on this past Monday, February 4, 2019, he shared his experiences. With the last incident he had, he told the employee, "My one-day pay is more than what you make in an entire month! If you continue to follow me around, I'm filing a discrimination lawsuit!"

I shared with him how all of the staff/employees kept passing me up, yet going to assist consumers that "LOOKED LIKE THEM!" I finally stopped an employee and asked for the manager. When he appeared, he deeply and insincerely apologized and asked if there's anything else he could do for me. I WILL SHARE WITH EVERY PERSON OF COLOR TO NOT SHOP AT BEST BUY! My husband says that the best policy to have is to not ever purchase any items from them again. If we share this with other people, and they start losing monies, perhaps this will teach them a lesson on professionalism, manners and respect. As my Son stated, we've got to start taking legal action against these companies.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was scheduled to have an refrigerator and microwave delivered and installed today. (02/05 8am-12pm) They contacted me over 6 times via phone and e-mail to confirm. Gave them another 3 hrs. NO SHOW. Called them today many times. No show. Best Buy customer service doesn't even care. They hung up on me. POOR Customer service from the delivery service. Best Buy needs to hold them accountable. Canceled order. Will shop around.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

@BestBuy @BestBuySupport @BestBuyCanada @BestBuy_Deals @BestBuyBloggers @BBYNews #bestbuyFails #untrustable #scams #unreliable #Bestbuy

I am completely disappointed with the Best Buy online service. I am a college student and going through a semester right now. studying in a IT course like Big data and having special configuration requirements feels like undeliverable things from Best Buy side.

I have ordered this (Dell 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i7-8550U/2TB HDD/16GB RAM/Windows 10) - English) laptop online because at no point this was available in any of the store. I ordered this twice, first time the order got cancelled after waiting 7 days for it and I am not even being notified about it. I came to know about it when I called up customer service twice to know why my order is not delivered yet. Reason being my debit card, but at least you should notify the customer about the issue whether transaction did go through or not rather than just making people wait. I got my issue solved from bank, ordered it again, transaction also did go through and order showed it in progress too with waiting time for 7 days i.e. from 29th January to 5th Feb (today).

After waiting for a week, when I check website, it still says shipping in progress, which means Best Buy has not even shipped the order when it’s already the delivery due date. I have my assignments and exams pending just because of this delivery issue. Are they responsible for me failing in my exams and paying off the extra 1000 bucks to pass those exams? Calling up customer support fails because they hang up the call and answer none of my issues properly. After waiting for 15 days too, I have no idea whether or not I am gonna get my laptop or not. BESTBUY ONLINE SERVICES, ALL THEY DO IS KEEP THEIR CUSTOMERS WAIT AND DITCH THEM AT THE END. Not at all trustable. What's the point of providing the due dates if you cannot meet them? Why to give false hopes regarding your false promises?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Bad return policy with an extremely timeframe to return or exchange merchandise. Best Buy doesn't stay by it product and terrible customer service with Geek Squad at Owings Mills, Md. I have purchased to two HP laptops and one of my laptop hard drive went up within 1 1/2 month since purchasing item and the Geek Squad's manager wouldn't assist me with any resolution or send the item to the manufacturer to repair under 1 year warranty. Also, I have called Best Buy's headquarter and they were even worst and the warranty company hung up on me. I won't never purchase a computer at the Best Buy, ever!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchased a computer at Best Buy in Port Charlotte, Florida. The power cord, in my belief, was faulty, as it didn't fit flush into the jack. As it did power the computer, I surmised that it was how it was supposed to fit. Well, a prong broke off in the jack in less than two weeks of use. I returned to the Port Charlotte store where I was told that it was "consumer negligence" and they refused to process the return. I strongly contend that the cord was faulty and that Best Buy should have accepted the return and returned the product to Lenovo. Not only was I extremely upset that they wouldn't process a return, but horrified with the rudeness and condescending manner of one of the clerks at the desk. I have reported that employee to Corporate and have had the computer repaired and supplied with a new cord, which fits perfectly into the jack, thereby further justifying my assessment of a faulty cord.

I strongly believe that, as Best Buy refused to issue me a credit or replacement, they should pay for the repair. I have shopped at Best Buy for years, both for the good sales and the 6/12/18 month same as cash policy. However, I will NEVER shop at Best Buy again. This experience was disappointing at best, horrifying, unacceptable and exceedingly poor customer service and public relations, at worst. I want every Best Buy customer to know of my experience and use better judgment than to shop there.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Placed the order for a new Samsung refrigerator around 2018 Thanksgiving with water line install and relocation. There have been 3 attempts at delivery and Best Buy/Geek Squad have managed to mess the order up all 3 times - wasting a ton of my time & energy. I even took the day off on the 3rd delivery attempt to ensure things go right but still there were mistakes done by Best Buy/Geek Squad that resulted in failure 3 times in a row for the same product I ordered on bestbuy.com back in November. The first delivery was set for early December.

At first attempt (early December 2019) The product was damaged at delivery and hence I did not accept delivery. Talked to Best Buy about this and they were apologetic and told me they will call and reschedule. A week went by and no one called. When I called them, I was told by the agent that the order was marked incorrectly in their system as "Delivered" and that is why they didn't call me to re-schedule. After a lot of back-and-forth they rescheduled delivery and installation to early Jan.

Second attempt: Come Jan, the delivery guys arrive at the door only to tell me that there is snow on the driveway (while it was snowing) and that they cannot deliver when the drive-way is clear and that this is a safety issue for them. No one had called me earlier and told me to clear the snow. Their argument was how would they know there is snow. I told them that anyone could have looked up delivery address and known that there is snow in the forecast. Yet again spent a considerable amount of time with the Best Buy agent arguing this and ended up rescheduling AGAIN and this time for the Jan 29.

Third attempt: I took the day off on Jan 29 to ensure everything goes smoothly and I even called Best Buy in the morning to see if there is any prep work I need to do on my side before the order arrives and they said I had to do nothing. The delivery guys (SPO logistics) showed and asked me where the new refrigerator was. I was thoroughly confused since I was expecting these guys to bring the new refrigerator, install it and relocate my old refrigerator to the basement. Instead they told me that the order Best Buy had given them was for a water-line install only and since the new fridge was not already here they left right away.

Two minutes after, I got another call from another delivery team who said they have my new fridge and the order they had was an "exchange" (install new one and take my old one). I immediately called SPO logistics hoping they would ask their team to turn around and come back to my house (as they had just left) to perform the installation now that the fridge had arrived by another team. SPO logistics declined my request and asked to reschedule.

Meanwhile the delivery team which had my new refrigerator refused to have the new fridge installed since the water line was not installed and hence did not delivery my new fridge and took it back to the warehouse. This lead to UTTER CHAOS and frustration due to a mistake that Best Buy admitted to - someone on their side had split the order into two parts and gave each part to a different deliver team. Now, I have been dealing with Best Buy yet again for the THIRD TIME to have this resolved with no end date in sight and the whole issue is still ongoing.

THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST SHOPPING, CUSTOMER SERVICE, DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. On top of all that I had taken the day off to make sure things go smoothly; so you can only imagine my frustration and disappointment at how poorly Best Buy had dealt with my order which I placed back in Thanksgiving. It has been 2 months now and there is no end in sight. My frustrations with Best Buy continues and I have very little confidence that this will be all done right in the fourth attempt.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Move about every 2 yrs due to work. Purchase new appliances about every 24 mths for past 30 yrs. Have 3 homes with new appliances, all installed in past 7 yrs. I know the process well. Installers brings new hookups, dryer vent, washer lines. If not used - you get the purchase removed from your bill. I paid for installation of a new dryer vent. PROBLEM - a new dryer vent was not installed as my old vent was OK. But when I asked installer to remove it from my acceptance of services provided. He lied to me and said he installed a new one.

So I asked for my old vent. He went to the truck and brought back a new vent that was crushed and destroyed. I told him I watched him install the dryer and my old vent was used. He said he would remove the appliances telling me he was taking them back to the store. Fearing a confrontation was about to occur. I asked him to leave. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE INTO YOUR MOTHER OR SISTER'S HOME. Lies lead to worse!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Hello, I frequent your stores in Clovis and Fresno and thought it VERY important I let you know of the treatment I received today from Palmer at your 7550 N. Blackstone, Fresno store. I am COMPLETELY offended and plan to let EVERYONE know of his wrong doing! As I waited for my husband to return from the restroom, I was browsing radio alarm clocks. I picked up the first box that was left open and saw it was too big for my liking so picked up the clock sitting next to it and proceeded to read the features of the clock on the box. It seemed to fit our needs and decided to take a quick look at the top of the clock (to check the size).

Just as I began to lift the lid, ** hollered across the way "what are you doing?" I was taken aback, as he seemed quite angry, as a few employees had already walked by me and didn't hassle me. I told him, "I am just seeing how small the actual top surface of the clock is" when he interrupted me and spoke at the top of his lungs "put it down and never open a box". Meanwhile my husband came from the restroom and heard the commotion and asked if I was ok. As soon as ** saw him, he scooted down another aisle and acted as nothing had occurred.

I repeated the events to my husband and we decided to find a manager once I got ** name. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate a manager, and told "maybe they are on break". I am completely mortified at ** actions and will not return to this location again! Earlier in the day, we made a sizable purchase at your Clovis location and had a wonderful experience with a very knowledgeable employee **. He was super and I plan to let someone know about him and his kindness.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Best Buy is where I go to purchase all my electronics. So, imagine my surprise and disappointment when I went to renew my TOTAL TECH SUPPORT pkg. My coverage is about to expire, so I went in to the store with cash. Coverage with Webroot costs $199.00 for a year. So, I pulled out 2 $100.00 bills. They declined to take it. I was told that the purchase could only be made BY CREDIT CARD!!! What?!?

They attributed that to Webroot, which only accepts credit card payment. So, then I asked to pay just for the Geek Total Tech support. Again, this was declined. I was told that they cannot get past the credit card portion and are unable to ACCEPT CASH for this purchase. WHAT KIND OF FOOLISH BUSINESS MOVE IS THAT??? There are many customers who do not have a credit card. What??? Is cash no longer king?! So, all of you cash buyers beware, they will take your money for a purchase, but, then you will not be able to obtain the Geek Squad Total Tech protection!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Bought new TiVo box. In less than 30 days it will not power up. Best Buy return policy 15 days - (what a joke). All who read this Amazon Prime only way to shop, let’s all work together to put Best Buy out of business. Will never step foot in another one of these stores. If you decide to visit just open the door, toss them your cash & leave.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have never experienced a problem like this before in my life. Purchased an item online...did not come and they would not replace or refund. We have a camera at the door so we know it was not stolen at delivery. They keep asking for Additional days to look for item. 5 days has become 20 days. They tried to pass back to shipping company but they can’t find either. They won’t respond to specific questions within the email. I shop online all the time and have never experienced anything like this. They have lost a customer for life and this story will be shared. Shame on them in this day and age to fail so miserably on client problem resolution. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Serious mishandling by their insurance & BB after water damage! They caused water damage at our place. WE bought dishwasher and microwave. And they dropped dolly, that caused few tiles cracked. 1.5 months later adjuster came. Missed pictures. Then after 3 months we get no response. Their supervisor asked us to call our home insurance company and then our Home Insurance to deal with them. But that don't seem right. And then they wanted adjuster to visit again coz it was delayed.

He comes again 3rd Jan and accepted that he missed many damage and after that it's 18 days and no reply. Best Buy has no role to fix it. This incident happened on Sept 9th 2018 and it's 5 months almost. We called consumer forum and they said they are private company and they can't touch them but did tell us going through our home insurance company was not right way! Legal is the only way to deal with them. And for people out of country, can land in super harassing situation. If you had fixed it yourself and sent them bill, they may or may not address it. And after 2 times visit of adjuster they are unable to reach a final offer. Please stay away from them. If you have time read the reviews on their forum and will realize they are mishandling customers!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We purchased an exterior camera for our home, the sale was great and available at Home Depot, Best Buy and Lowe's, and we chose to order thru Best Buy. They accepted our order and said would ship soon, after that we did not get any shipping advice and we kept checking and one day on our order it shows as cancelled. Yet online there shows stock available. We contacted Best Buy to get this fixed and no response. And now item is not on sale anywhere, if they could not deliver they should have said so upfront and why can they not deliver when they in fact have stock. Communication is horrible and the lack of customer care is horrible and not supply customer with product is horrible.

I will never purchase anything at Best Buy anymore as there are lots of alternatives out there and I will recommend the same to my friends and business clients. It is now my mission to stop people from purchasing anything at Best Buy until such a time as they change policies and make things right with consumers. We have final vote and only through voting no at their cash register will we affect change. I have a email trail to support this claim as completely true and accurate should anyone need to see this which shows transactions, my efforts to communicate and price paid on sale and order acceptance etc. Come on Best Buy step up and be a good vendor.

Best Buy Company Information