1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3787 Best Buy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

As a My Rewards Elite Plus member, I ordered a $3,000 Samsung washer/dryer set. On delivery day, Best Buy showed up and said they could not find a parking space, so they left. I live in the downtown of a major U.S. city, so delivery trucks never find a parking spot. They usually park in the street and complete the delivery. My immediate calls to Best Buy resulted in being transferred repeatedly, many times to areas that could not assist me. When finally speaking with someone, they said that the truck could not return because it was 40 minutes away, even though only about 10 minutes elapsed since the truck left.

I unsuccessfully called numerous times to reschedule the delivery for that day or the next, having conversations where Customer Service Reps treated me with condescending attitudes. I eventually canceled the order and purchased the same set from Grand Appliances who bent over backward to deliver the units quickly and at the same price as Best Buy. I followed up by sending a letter to Best Buy Customer Relations. They sent a form letter asking me to call their general "Customer Service" number, which I had already called repeatedly. I followed up with letters to executives Shari Ballard and Trish Walker. They never replied. I then sent a letter (with copies of all previous letters) to CEO Hubert Joly. Again, no response. I am no longer a Best Buy customer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I would appreciate anyone's time to read or share my story below. I do not want to see this happen to anyone... I know it's long but cray. I removed the names because I do not want to burn anyone. I recently did an online order for an iPad and picked it up in store on 1/5/19. Upon returning home and attempting to set up the iPad I got to a Remote Management Screen that stated Costco was in control of the iPad. I called Apple Support and tried for 50 minutes to figure out why to no avail. It was then I decided to drive back to the Chesterfield, MO location.

I was greeted by security at the door who tagged my box. He said to take it to Geek Squad. I showed GS what was happening. The gentleman that helped me made sure he had one in stock. At that point another gentleman came up and was asking me questions. I understood most of them but started to feel interrogated a bit. Fine, I understand he was doing his job. He disappeared into the back for about a half hour as I stood at the counter. Another employee asked if I was being helped, I said I guessed so and he said he would check on it for me.

He came out and said the other man was checking to see if it is a stolen iPad. At this point I really started to feel like the man thought I was trying to pull something. Keep in mind that when I picked up that iPad I also purchased a $400 pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones. I wanted those with the iPad as I leave for Iceland this week.

The man returned from the back and said he could not take the iPad back as it is not the correct iPad. He said it was an iPad used by Costco. I explained to him I understand, but I bought this sealed box from your store. I have nothing to do with Costco (Sam's Club for me). He asked me if the wrap on it was Apple - I have no idea. I opened it with my car key like the other 10 Mac products I have opened. He told me I was in a holdover pattern till Monday and he would call.

I called customer service who told me to go back to the store and call them on 3 way. I explained I just spent an hour there to no avail and was told that is the only way to resolve it. She told me she would give me a number. I asked her to email it to me as I was driving and was told that she could not, I asked if a supervisor could and was said she could not.

I waited till 1pm CST on 1/7/19 for a call and did not receive one. I called the store and was told I would want to talk to ____ and that he closes the store that night and will be in at 3pm. At 8pm last night I still had not received a call from anyone. I called the store and asked for ___ and described him (50 year old ** male with braces, pretty identifiable) and the guy acted like he had no idea who that was. The gentleman last night, ____ I believe went looking for a manager but there was none there he said. He was helpful though and said he would put a note on __________ desk with my info and that he was in at 7am.

I waited until 10am this morning, 1/8/19, and called the store and asked for ___. I was told that both managers are busy but _____ said he did email Apple the serial number to trace it. I was told by Mandy that someone will call me today. I called at 4 pm today, 1/8/19, _______ answered again and I told her I had not received a call and asked for a manager. The manager is on lunch and she said he would call me as soon as he gets in.

I have been a loyal customer for 22 years. This is the second iPad I have bought since November. I bought my MacBook there. I am not trying to screw anyone over. I just wanted a working iPad for my flight. I have spent over two hours playing phone tag with the store, wasted an hour in the store and can't even speak to a manager at this point. Unfortunately this is a big issue. I leave for Iceland in 2 days. I have waited for the product I bought from you since Saturday. I dug out the wrapper from my trash even if it is requested.

We tried to return the iPad again on Wednesday with the cellophane and in the end Brittany was asked to leave the store. I received an email today from corporate, the FIRST time they have contacted me since the ordeal began, and was told I will not get a refund nor an exchange. They said they have traced back the iPad and that it was sent by Costco to a 3rd party company to refurbish... How the hell do I intercept that one???

I just wanted to pass this along because I feel that if someone can buy a sealed package from any store, and the contents are wrong, that the store should at least give basic customer service and in the end make it right. I ended up buying one for my trip and videotaped me opening it just to be safe. That is pathetic but who would have thought it would have happened the first time… Shout out to Best Buy for the screw job!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

As a rule: DO NOT SHOP AT BEST BUY, NOT THE STORES, NOT ONLINE, JUST AVOID. Its only value is to test out a product, anything you like you can find with less hassle on Amazon, directly from Microsoft or from Apple. This is a rule I didn't follow because Webroot is a Best Buy software product. They gave me a free 6 months and convinced me that I should buy an additional year. I did, however they fail to mention that the year long product expires a year from purchase, so you're not getting a full year of product even though you purchased a full year product. Customer Service is shameful, when I complained about the above the jerk told me he would hang up. They're closing hundreds of stores across the US for a reason, In NY use B&H or just shop online - much better than getting scammed by this low quality poor service company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

When purchasing a 5 year protection plan, it seem it would last 5 years no matter how many time they would have to fix the appliance or replace it. Not with Best Buy / Geek Squad, THeir protection plans are not really 5 years, UNLESS THE PRODUCT LAST 5 YEARS. They are a one time use plan. Piece dies in 18 months, you get a new one, but no protection plan unless you purchase a new one. They should rename their protection plans "ONE TIME USE up to 5 years."

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

This was the worst ** experience ever. The company said that they would ship my computer, which was out for a repair, to my house. Days and many calls after it was supposed to arrive, I find out that it’s in a location miles and miles away. I call and ask them if they could deliver it to me, and they say that I couldn’t pay over the phone. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED. I had already paid, and it was their mistake. I ended up missing very important deadlines at my job before I found the time to get it. I would think long and hard before entrusting your device into such a careless company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The sales portion was fine but the installation was a nightmare. The first refrigerator was too large, okay, that’s our fault, no problem. We reordered the new one and there weren’t any damages with the fridge or our home with the fridge that was the wrong size/was bigger. The second order and fridge was smaller and fit the area where the kitchen belonged but our hardwood floor is now damaged. We have scratches here and there on the wall but that’s fixable, but the damages on our hardwood floor was hard to accept, since we just moved into our new home.

Our plan was just to let Best Buy know what happened, but then we encountered a difficult situation with the driver. One of the driver was absolutely rude and very defensive when we explained to him that we will just have to let Best Buy know the situation re: our walls and floors. Maybe we were too nice for letting the guys know that we are not mad at them and we understand that they did all they can, but we as customers will just have to give them a heads up. Some people would have just waited for the installation group to leave and then complained but we felt the need to just give them a heads up, since we know they did the best that they could. Instead, the driver was absolutely rude and drove off without finishing his job. He did not haul away our old refrigerator.

We love buying our items from Best Buy, but we have to admit that every installation that we’ve had with Best Buy has not been pleasant. The washer and dryer was not pleasant at all either, but the most difficult situation was our situation with our refrigerator. In this situation, I don’t know if it’s Corporate’s fault for not paying attention to the details or is it just certain Best Buy stores? Whatever it is, I hope they figure it out because this will be my last time going to Best Buy for anything that is more than $20.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

The sales portion was OK. But that's where it stops. The incompetency of the Best Buy group is extremely dissatisfactory. Unsure who and why they sent half my order back to Orlando, This tells me that this is a store not to deal with. Again sales was good, not pushy, no problem. Was awakened at 7:38 in the morning by a nasty subcontracted dispatcher for delivery. Was stupid questions like did I order it and do I want them to pick it up from the warehouse? What kind of idiot ask those questions? If I purchased it that means I want it. Jennifer and escalated problems was no help. After 31 calls it still wasn't resolved and I am still without the item I purchased and paid for in full. Do not purchase anything other than items under $20 from this company. Run don't walk from anything else.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga (small laptop) Nov 30. The product was defective. It was within the first 30 days after purchase. I went to the Southfield, MI store to return it and the customer service rep, Camille, was unprofessional and rude. I had already been told that they would replace it (by another clerk)...when Camille came over and said absolutely not, that the computer looked like it had been dropped (which it absolutely had not.) There were no dings or dents associated with a dropped computer. I was told my only recourse would be to go to the manufacturer and that Best Buy would not do anything. She was so rude and so unhelpful. I basically asked her why, if it is under 30 days, and there is a problem with it, why won't Best Buy do anything to help? Instead of escalating the issue to a manager, she was abrupt and said, "You need to deal with the manufacturer. It's not a Best Buy problem."

I left the store and called the 1-800 Best Buy number where I spoke with an AMAZING clerk named Brendalyn who IMMEDIATELY REPLACED MY COMPUTER. She was kind and helpful and understanding. I had a new computer within the week. I couldn't be happier with Brendalyn...but the Southfield, MI store is horrible to deal with, especially Customer Service Clerk Camille. My advice - deal online or on the phone with Best Buy...never in person. The stores are populated with people who are uninterested, unhelpful and rude.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

When I made purchase ($1500) with store card, they credit the points to a wrong Best Buy account and I asked for the correction, then it took them forever to fix the mistakes they made. Best Buy deserves zero star, the worst company in the world! It should be named Worst Buy.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

So I bought a Turtle Beach headset (specifically a recon 50x) about 4 months ago from Best Buy. Out of nowhere, the headset mic stopped working and the audio sometimes would not go through. I went to Best Buy to get a replacement but I did not have Geek Squad protection, so they said they couldn't do anything. I did not want to pay like 160 dollars for 2 year protection (All their other plans are expensive anyways). After that, I emailed Turtle Beach (the company who manufactured the headset in the first place) about my problem and now they are giving me a free replacement. Do not buy into Best Buy's overpriced Geek Squad protection. It's basically a whole scam operation because most items can be refunded or replaced by the original manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I purchased a Samsung phone on 12/23/18. This was a gift for my husband. I used my own visa to pay for the phone, the 2 year warranty and a case. Immediately after they processed my order I received a notification that the case was out of stock. I sent a cancellation notification for the case. The receipt that I did receive indicated that the phone was shipped, the warranty was being processed. Then today - I opened up my bank account and discovered that Best Buy did not cancel the case and the cost for that case, 25.85 was presented for payment to my bank.

I called Best Buy and at first I was disconnected, when I finally got through - the gentleman I was speaking with sounded like a robot. I explained the problem and was told that I wasn't my husband David so they couldn't cancel the transaction (never mind the fact that it was my account, they used to pay for these items). I explained that it wasn't through my husband's account. I was the one who purchased this for him. It was a gift. He kept talking circles around me - He kept saying over and over again that he understood and that he was sure they would be able to be of service to me. He kept saying that they wouldn't be able to reimburse my account. I told him to get me a supervisor to speak with - He said they were on the phone with another customer. I told him I would wait, but that he would not put me on hold - that he would wait with me on the line until the supervisor was free to speak with me because it was in his best interest to not disconnect our call.

Eventually I was connected to "Kathy" (not sure of the actual spelling) anyway this person listened to me - and, while I waited, they finally processed the cancellation, and sent me an email with the warranty that indicated a date of activation. After an hour of runaround and the sense that I was being manipulated into the purchase of the case regardless of what I wanted to do. The resolution was more than bittersweet. It was unnecessary, unprofessional, unconscionable to go through customer service like this. It certainly had me wondering if I was having to deal with an off-shore entity and therefore much of what was said was lost in translation.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently placed an order at Bestbuy.com for an Insignia Chest freezer. Item arrived a day early for pick up, which was wonderful so I went ahead and borrowed a truck, drove 60 miles and got it home. Upon opening, I found that it was severely damaged in three different spots. While this was somewhat frustrating, I wasn't too upset and assumed the return process would be rather simple and that I would be offered an option for Best Buy to deliver me a new unit and offer to pick up the damaged one. Instead I was given the most ridiculous customer service I've ever encountered (and I've encountered some terrible service).

The first young lady I spoke with offered for me to keep the freezer and receive a 45 dollar gift card. She also said I had the option to load the freezer back into the truck, (which I borrowed and don't have access to anytime soon) drive it to the store and receive a replacement (once it arrived because they are out of stock). Thinking to myself that this was an insanely crappy offer, I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was then told I could speak with the supervisor but that there was nothing better anyone could offer me.

Upon speaking with said supervisor, I found out that the first rep that I spoke with was indeed a liar as I was offered a better offer (albeit a crappy one again) of keeping the unit and receiving a $75 gift card. Oh and I was also give the option again of loading it into my truck that I no longer have access to and driving 60 miles to return it. I then asked the supervisor if she had a supervisor. She explained that she did indeed have a supervisor but that her supervisor would not be able to offer me anything other than what I was just offered (sound familiar).

After this, I was also told that I wouldn't be able to speak with the supervisor's supervisor until 72 hours because it was New Year Eve and that the 3 days I spend waiting on a callback would count against my return window of 15 day. This is pitiful. I do most of my shopping with AMAZON and Best Buy did a wonderful job of reminding my why. This will be the last chance I give them to have my hard earned money. Was looking at purchasing a projector in the next few month and I'm sure you can guess who will be getting my money. Def. not this joke of a business. PS - Your reps have no personality, however I am impressed that they do speak real English.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Best Buy runs the lowest quality customer services I’ve ever experienced. Such a disrespectful way to treat their customers. If corporate lets disgraceful people like Joe (store manager at Dewitt, NY) be in charge and a ‘role model,’ what can you expect from the lower ranking employees? He tried to sell me a very expensive but defective vacuum cleaner. And when I showed him the defect right at the register, he refused to bring another box saying ‘you can take it or leave it...would you like someone to escort you out of the store?’ Clearly a chauvinist (taking an advantage of a single mother) and a scammer. He saw I was desperate to buy this particular vacuum (my old Kenmore broke and I wanted to buy a new Dyson) and this Joe guy took a complete advantage of my situation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Went to Best Buy in Williamsburg, VA today. Was shopping for a laptop for my daughter. First no one came to help me. Second when they did I told them exactly what I was looking for and showed them an ad from Walmart. The salesman told me the only thing compatible would be one with a smaller screen that was an off brand. Wouldn’t show me any other products or open box. Just assumed that I wanted that price. I had a lot of money in my pocket and could have asked me questions and got me to spend more probably. But judged me by the way I looked and that I had an ad from Walmart. I left and will not be going back to that store. I’ve never received good customer service there. I worked at Best Buy for 3 years and loved the company. Only left because I wanted to be a stay at home mom now.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

They should call it Good Bye not Best Buy because they want nothing to do with you after your purchase. I have had my identity stolen three times from these uncaring individuals. They say "Sign up for a 2 years no interest credit card, isn’t that great?" Only to have their employees give out my info to their friends to steal my identity and then hold me accountable for the charges. I’ve had to go to the police four times now to try to prove it wasn’t me. My recommendation to you and everyone I know is to steer clear of Best Buy. No wonder Amazon is doing so well!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased a Whirlpool French door refrigerator two years ago. It stopped cooling three weeks ago. Best Buy uses a third party repair service called Appliance Care of Texas. They have been out once and supposedly ordered a part that was to be here five days ago. Now they don’t answer calls and Best Buy is not helpful at all. Avoid all three companies. I did buy the extended warranty from Best Buy not realizing the extended meant an extended outage.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a Swann security camera system from Best Buy. The expert at Best Buy ordered a dome camera for that system at that time. 2 weeks later I received it to find out it will not work with my system. I returned it. Another Best Buy expert picked out the correct dome camera for that system. 2 weeks later I received the 2nd camera to find out it is still not correct. I returned the 2nd camera to Best Buy and was told that Best Buy is not excepting anymore returns. I called customer support and was told to contact Swann and have them pick the correct camera. Bring that information back to Best Buy and they will order it for me! Is this how you do business Best Buy?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am writing this review following the poor customer service provided by Best Buy since November 21, 2018. On October 23, 2018, I Melsha ** and Kevin ** went into the Best Buy located on 2795 Richmond ave, Staten Island, N.Y. 10314 and spent $4,280.80 on Samsung kitchen appliances. We were greeted by employees ** and ** who assist us with our appliance needs. We purchase the Samsung stove, dishwasher, over the range microwave and the family Hub refrigerator. Unfortunately, the dishwasher was on backorder for four weeks and I preferred to wait until November 21, 2018 for the entire delivery.

On the above date, there were two separate deliveries that was scheduled. The first delivery was the dishwasher and the oven range microwave. Unfortunately, the dishwasher did not fit in the designated spot and the installation had to be canceled for the microwave and dishwasher. The second delivery arrived with the stove and refrigerator, ** and ** were excellent with installing the stove but wasn’t able to complete the refrigerator due to a waterline concern that was told was a plumbing issue that the gentlemen wasn’t qualified to do. Thus, educating us on the process. With regards to the dishwasher and microwave I proceeded to go back to the Best Buy located on Staten Island to pick out a new dishwasher and reschedule the microwave installation.

An employee name ** was informed of my issue and told me the order was marked complete, which was later be incorrect. He told me in order to swap out the old dishwasher and get the delivery of the new dishwasher and microwave he would have to cancel the order and redo it. At this time, I found my new dishwasher and worked with ** to get it delivered and installed on the same day. The delivery of the Kitchenaid dishwasher and the Samsung Oven Range was scheduled for November 28, 2018.

I took another off of work and stayed home on the scheduled day waiting for the delivery/installation of the dishwasher and over the range microwave. Two Hispanic gentlemen came and stated they were only at my residence to drop off the appliances and not to Install anything. At this point, I am extremely upset because the appliances are sitting in the middle of my living room floor in the boxes. I proceeded to contact customer service department and was told that the store employee ** did not add the installation to my order (which was paid for on the original order) and for them to schedule an install date I would have to place a card on file. I adamantly declined doing that because I paid for the installation fees when I purchase the appliances on October 23, 2018.

The woman then told me I would need to go back to the store to get an install date because I was not able to put a card on file. My husband then proceeded to contact Best Buy customer service the following day and was told was told store location on Staten Island via phone. Again my install date was rescheduled for December 12, 2018. My husband and I waited at home all day yet again for the install. Around 1:30pm a gentlemen comes to my door and stated he is coming to haul away my dishwasher and was unable to take it because the new one was not hooked up yet. At this time I contacted best Buy again and was not getting a clear answer to why the installation was not completed.

My husband contacted customer service as well numerous times and still not able to get a clear answer to why the install was not done on the schedule date. At this point, I just wanted my money back and contact Best Buy store, the Staten Island location and was told by ** in appliances that I only had 15 days to return the items. However, customer service gave me a install date of December 12, 2018 which made it two weeks after the delivery date, leaving us without the option to return the dishwasher and microwave. We contacted Best Buy customer service again asking to speak with a supervisor regarding the incompetence with the scheduled/completion of the appliances that has been sitting in my living room floor for weeks. We were told a SUPERVISOR would contact us back in regards to our concern. As of date, we have not heard from ANY supervisor.

Completely frustrated with and a few choice words on my mind, I contact Best Buy AGAIN for about the 10th time to reschedule my appliance appointment. The appointment was scheduled for December 22, 2018. To my surprise, ** and ** arrive at my home to install the dishwasher only but at this time they realized we were also scheduled for an over the range and water line install and contacted their supervisor to get approval to complete all the services schedule for this day. We are extremely grateful for these two professional and knowledgeable gentlemen that came to assist me with all of my install needs. I am this review in hopes you take the appropriate action to ensure no repeat of such bad experience happens to another guest. Moreover, I will ALWAYS second guess doing business with Best Buy in the future.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was giving Best Buy a second chance after having an issue 10 years ago with a return and they did not disappoint on their failure, again. I ordered a watch on December 18th that they said was available at another store and they would have it shipped and available on December 22nd. I went into the store on December 22nd and surprise it wasn't in yet. At this point I could have ordered the watch on Amazon and received it by Christmas but the guy at Best Buy said it should be in later that day. I called at 5pm, no response. I received an email at 6pm stating the watch would be delayed and wouldn't make it by Christmas and it was back ordered. So you sold me a watch that you also sold to someone else. Horrible business. I cancelled the order and was told I would receive an email within 48 hours concerning my refund. Never received an email or refund, even 5 days later. I hate this business and will go back to never buying from them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I went to Best Buy to pick up an Apple Watch Series 4 and was told that I was overcharged $20 for tax, so I asked her If I’ll get a refund and she said ‘yes it’ll show on your receipt.’ She then asked me if I want paper or email receipt and I said email. I did not get any receipt and any refund and when I opened the watch I bought it’s damaged and does not look like brand new. *I have photos of the box still sealed but the flaps were obvious opened as it’s folded already versus a new box where the flaps will be smooth.* So I decided to go back to the store and asked manager SHAYNE ** if that’s how his name is spelled in BEST BUY MILPITAS CALIFORNIA December 23, 2018 at 4 pm about the $20 overcharge and told me it’s impossible there’s $20 overcharge for tax because they’re already pre taxed when we buy the item.

He then proceeded to say that the Apple Watch is $399 before tax and a $20 is actually low and asked me ‘don’t you think your tax is actually lower?’ He even called me ‘little lady’ saying he can’t do anything about it. NO APOLOGY FOR HIS STAFF's mistake and even tried to make it sound like I am trying to get $20 free. I wouldn’t even ask for that if his staff didn’t mention it. Then afterward I said I want to exchange the watch I bought because when I got the watch it seems like the box was already opened (I HAVE PHOTOS OF THIS). It seems like the box is resealed with a plastic wrap, the flaps were already folded from the inside which is odd.

I opened the box and found out that the watch itself has a scratch so I went back to exchange it. He then said ‘I would say you scratched it yourself and want to exchange it for a new one.’ Seriously? I even showed him the photo of how the box was when I got it and he continued to say ‘I won’t exchange it, you damaged it.’ Worse customer service I’ve ever experienced from Best Buy, I’ve been a customer for years.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Bought all appliances from Best Buy. Not going to talk about them. Pretty good quality and prices. Also was sold the Geek Squad super package and was told “any issues we had, they would be all over it”. The problems start when you have to call customer service. What a nightmare! Endless time on hold, passed around from person to person, information ball dropping, no communication between departments. Don’t bother buying any Geek Squad upgrade packages.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered a computer for my son for Christmas. It was available for less money on another site but Best Buy had an earlier shipping date. Computer was ordered on Dec. 15th and promised delivery by Dec. 21st. It is now delayed until Dec. 27th. I understand a delay but six days is a bit much. Wish I had gone with the other site and saved money. Talked with Best Buy online chat and they basically said not to worry that I would get it by the 27th. That does not help on Christmas morning with a 13 year old boy. Thinking at least a gift certificate would have been nice. No sympathy on their part.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

You are playing games with your price match guarantee. You can see what I’m talking about by reviewing my purchase history. I bought a MacBook on 12/18. The price went down by $300 on 12/21 for a one day sale. I called to get a refund of my $300. The sku # and model #’s were off by 1 digit and the customer service rep would not honor the lower price.

When the 2 laptops are compared side by side in your own website compare tool, EVERY SPECIFICATION IS IDENTICAL. I’ve worked for big box retailers Home Depot and Walmart for 28 years. This is the worst example of poor customer service and false advertising I have ever experienced. One product can have multiple sku #’s. It happens all the time in retail. I went through the process of returning the 1st laptop and buying the 2nd for $300 less. But now it won’t be here for my son to open it. The only reason you got the 2nd sale at all is because it’s Christmas and I need it sooner than later. Enjoy my money now because IT'S THE LAST YOU WILL EVER GET FROM ME.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased the limited edition LOL surprise box for my daughter for Christmas. The box of toys is big and I have never seen anything shipped from anywhere not packaged. UPS delivered the package, after it being delayed a day, and the box itself just had the stickers on it for the shipping. First and foremost, it's no one's business what is being delivered to me on top of putting me in danger due to my items being exposed. It's the holiday's and people are desperate. Anyone could've ran up and robbed me because they saw and wanted what was shipped.

Also, the joy and surprise of my daughter being excited is ruined because she saw the unpack-aged package. It is very unprofessional for items to be sent and not protected. The package could've been damaged and it was raining that day. There's no reason other than a lack of due diligence when sending items that I paid my hard earned money for. This company is too large and has been in business for too many years to make a mistake like this. My manager's package was delivered to him, from Best Buy, same item and it was packaged. Someone needs ensure that this never happens again and that paying customers items are secured. This was not a good experience for me and I will no longer buy or get anything shipped form best buy again. The information will be passed on because I am very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Best Buy should delete the word "best" from its name. I bought a Samsung phone from the New York City Fifth Avenue store (44th Street, Manhattan). I told them it was a gift for my daughter in Israel. The salesperson didn't bother to advise me that the "guarantee" was confined to the US, but tried to sell me an extended guarantee for a longer period. The sales slip stated that pre-holiday purchases could be returned for a longer period than usual (some time well into January). But this does not apply to phones, I learned. The phone was defective. The Samsung lab in Tel Aviv advised that there was a major defect in the screen. Best Buy refused to allow a return of the phone. In fact, Best Buy does everything possible to frustrate an attempt to communicate the problem. When I called customer service and explained the problem and that I was calling from overseas, they said they would connect me to the phone department.

This "phone department" merely was a recording stating that defective phones could not be returned after a limited period, followed by a disconnect. Upon recalling Best Buy, I spoke to seven people before I was connected with a supervisor at the store. His role was simply to suggest that I was lying (without saying so) because the salespeople are trained to advise all foreign purchasers that the guarantee does not apply outside the US unless the supplementary Best Buy guarantee is purchased. When I asked the supervisor to please speak to the salesperson as I believe she would confirm what I reported, he refused, stating that that salesperson sells 100 phones each day to foreign purchasers and could not possibly recall my transaction.

This, even though there was a specific discussion which I thought would cause the salesperson to remember this particular event. In short, contrary to my experience with Apple and my experience with Amazon -- both of which try to please customers with problems, Buying at Best Buy is an awful experience if there should be any problem with the product. The salespersons (especially, in other departments) are generally helpful and knowledgeable, but the store itself is a lemon. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

It is so hard for me to even write about this experience. Back in August of 2018, I pre-ordered a very expensive electronic item, it was around $428. The item was due to be released in November of 2018. Come release day, I got a text message stating that my RESERVED PRE-ORDERED ITEM WAS OUT OF STOCK! Now, how in the world does an item you paid for months in advance is out of stock on release day? Well, I contacted Best Buy immediately regarding this. The customer service representative that I dealt with was a conniving idiot.

Apparently, a billing error took place (which is odd, considering it showed that they took the money out of my bank account back in August), resulting in them not holding the item for me. This representative then, without notifying me, went behind my back and charged my bank the full amount for the product again. Keep in mind, this is after she notified me that they have no way of supplying me with the product. So this snake charged my account a total of $856! She KNEW that they had a billing error, billed me twice, and knowingly took the money despite Best Buy not being able to supply me with the product. Of course, my bank straightened these moronic snakes out. I wound up being lucky and getting the last one of my item from Amazon.com. I will NEVER do business with these buffoons ever again!

Resolution response: Dec. 21, 2018

The manager of the San Carlos Best Buy store (**) took the time to investigate the issue this morning even through it didn't appear to be his responsibility. He determined Box 2 had been shipped to another Best Buy location. He will pick-up the box today so I can get it today. Xmas saved.

Only raising my rating to 2 stars because the corporate staff wasted an hour of my time, all they wanted to do was re-order the item for a January delivery, and it was Best Buy shipping/receiving representatives that messed up. Seems like Best Buy corporate could learn a valuable business lesson from Jason (i.e. a company should try to promptly resolve the customer's problem when the customer didn't cause the problem).

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased an exercise bike on 12/7/18 (Xmas present for my wife). The item was delivered in a large box on 12/14/18. I unpacked the box on 12/20/18 to assemble the bike for Xmas when I realized parts were missing. Looked on the large delivery box and noticed it said Box 1 of 2. Called the Best Buy store and explained the situation. They said I had to talk to corporate. I called corporate and was transferred to 3 different individuals, each of whom I had to explain the entire situation to.

After being on the phone one hour with Best Buy, I was told that all they could do was re-order the bike. They couldn't just overnight me Box 2 of 2. So much for trying to surprise my wife with a nice Xmas present because the re-order wouldn't arrive before Xmas. Frankly, I expected Best Buy to resolve the problem before Xmas considering it was their mistake as it's Xmas, but no, they wouldn't budge. Well, I'll remember that the next time I need to purchase something. I expected a big box store to offer better service than a website like Amazon, but I guess not.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

The sound system seemed fine when the young man installed it. Later we couldn't get the rear speakers to work past a low sound and that was raspy and unpleasant. While I thought the sound bar OK my husband has a better ear for music and said it has a tinny sound. While waiting for them to come out and resolve our issues we found our receipt shows the purchase is for a different system than the box shows and the system that was delivered is $200 plus less than what we were charged so, apparently, we were overcharged over $200 for a system that isn't working properly.

Inside the material left we tried to play the DVD that said Demonstration. It wouldn't play at all and when we talked to the Geek Squad member who installed it were told that DVD was for a different sound system and wouldn't do any good even if we could watch it. Mind you we have spent $100's, more like $1,000's in this store. This is shocking and unacceptable. Where Best Buy in Westminster, CA was our go to for almost every gift we bought plus our TVs, Computers and such we will no longer shop there.

I only wish we could return everything we ever bought there. This is a breach of trust with a long term customer. I want to stress this is NOT the fault of the young man who delivered the unit but gross negligence of the person that took our order and/or boxed up the unit for delivery. We wonder if this might have been a unit that was returned by a dissatisfied customer and passed on to us.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I purchased an expensive pen for a tablet as a gift for my brother. The package arrived without anything in it. They said they would escalate my case and get back to me in 48 - 72 hours. Then it was to be 3 - 5 business days. The next time they said it would take 5 - 7 days to look into it. The next time I called they said it would take 7 - 10 business days. The next time I called, they said nothing had been done and they would now escalate this claim. They have taken my money and given me nothing. They will not say when they will get back to me if ever. This is so unethical.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I purchased a TV with certain specifications on their Black Friday offer. When I went to pick up at the Florida City store not only did they wanted to give me a damaged vent TV box but they gave me the wrong TV which I didn't realized until I had gotten home. I chat online to discuss the challenge which they created an ID case number and said someone was going to call me back. After two days without a callback, I called the Florida City store to see if they were able to assist me. However, I was left on hold for 52 minutes with no response.

I then proceeded to go to the store which is about one hour and 30 minutes from my house. When I get there the customer service lady told me that TV was discontinued, then she came back and said that TV didn't exist and then she told me they had given me the right TV. All these answers were given within a few minutes difference. I'm still have not gotten the TV that I ordered and when I called just yesterday again the customer service hang up on me. I still have no answer nor have the TV I ordered. It's going into three weeks. Totally unacceptable. False advertisement and lack of professionalism when dealing with their customers. Watch out if purchasing online at BEST BUY. THE WORST!!!

Best Buy Company Information

Geek Squad
7601 Penn Avenue South
Richfield
MN
www.geeksquad.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.