2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.3/5 (1252 ratings)

About Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Worst retail ever, The order says the item should be picked up the day before, I wait for whole day and the order is not ready. I call the day after, the guy on phone told me it was ready, I spent 30 min to store and they said it was not ready.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Hello to all. The first thing I will say is that if you are ordering online, Stop! Do not do it exceptionally if you are in the military and are shipping to an APO address. I ordered some products at the beginning of Nov and received a message 3 weeks later telling me the product was delivered to Shepherdsville, KY. I messaged with customer service for an hour with them telling me that my package had not been delivered and that it was still on its way to me. I was looking directly at the Best Buy website trying to explain to the person that it had been delivered according to the website. After the hour had passed, he looked again and agreed with me the package had been delivered. He then directed me to call the customer service center.

I called in and the person was unable to assist me in any way. I just wanted my money or my product and he couldn't do anything. They seemed nice but would not let me speak with a supervisor and the person on the phone told me that Best buy does not send to APO addresses. So either he was lying to me or the website was. So my recommendation is for no one to shop at this store ever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Try it out. It is fun to use and is good for gaming. Has cool lights everything. I recommend it to you. When I used it for the first time I was really happy and I still am. I wish I had the money to add to it maybe like a better graphics card.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Best Buy just sucks. This ordeal started with us buying a NEW Samsung QLED TV online for pickup. Said our order was being prepared. Two hours later, we get a text saying they were out, too bad, so sad, cancel or look elsewhere. So, we tried another store, store #205 near Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix. Another few hours and it was ready for pickup. We drive the 15 miles out there, get the TV and come home. Unbox it and could not find the power cable. About then, I see the tape at the bottom of the box that says inspected by Best Buy, so a return. I paid full price for a USED item.

Okay, fine, they suck and their QA folks are worthless. Well, we put the TV up and notice there is a nice crack on the left side and the screen is separating so this was garbage. Start boxing it back up and the wife is trying to get hold of Best Buy. Customer service center in the Philippines and he can't understand what she is saying. So, we go BACK to store #250 and go in and tell them the TV is broken, they tried to sell an open box item as new and I wasn't happy. "No more of that model in store, no more to order, we'll refund you." All of this being said like they couldn't care less. So, I used to spend a fair amount with Best Buy but no longer. I ordered the TV through Amazon this morning so Best Buy lost the money. Wasted a whole day plus two 30 mile round trips worth of gas. What a dump this place has become, no care about customer satisfaction and as far as I'm concerned, scammers trying to sell returned goods as new. Avoid Best Buy at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Beware. Bait and switch. Best Buy website said the phone I want is in stock at my local store in San Bernardino CA. I called the local store (local phone #) and they said, "Yes. It's available." I went directly to the store and they refused to sell it to me. They would only sell the more expensive model. They were very rude and would only talk about the upsell. When I said that I had called this store to verify availability they told me that I had called the national call center even though I had called a local number with my area code. So bestbuy is lying about the store contact number. So I bought it from Verizon, in stock, for the same sale price as advertised at bestbuy, and I was in and out of the local Verizon store in less than an hour.

Later when my phone needed service, Samsung told me to take it to bestbuy, they are authorized to service it under warranty. I made an appointment at bestbuy, and waited all day, just to be told that they wouldn't work on it since I didn't buy it there (even though Samsung had already authorized the warranty repair thru bestbuy). Then they changed their story to "we can't fix phones here". Which lie do I believe? They were very rude. I had been a long time customer of bestbuy (for decades) but I will never darken their doorway again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Purchased a Whirlpool clothes dryer from Best Buy. Installation included. Dryer was as expected. Installers did not securely connect the vent duct to the exhaust going to the roof. They used some tape to attach it. No C clamps were used at the wall connection or on dryer. Broke loose after one use and we didn’t notice until after running several loads and discovered it was venting into the house. I even tipped them for the install. See picture. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Almost 2 years ago I purchased my Note 10 from Best Buy. It was suggested to me that I buy an extended warranty from Best Buy to protect my purchase from theft, loss, malfunction, and/or damage of any kind. I was told that there would be no questions asked. My phone would be taken and fixed. So I agreed to pay the $200.

About 3 months ago, I made the appointment to take it in because I had been having issues with it shutting down, overheating, and just freezing up. I got there and was told that they couldn't do anything because it didn't act up in the 5 minutes I was standing there!! I tried to explain that it doesn't happen every minute of every day, but was becoming more frequent. Then I was told that they had no one there to work on a Samsung phone, except the Samsung rep, who didn't actually work for them. The rep tried her best, but didn't help. Now I am stuck with a phone that's malfunctioning more and more and a worthless $200 warranty!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We’ve had two appointments made by Best Buy, one to install a refrigerator and the second to haul off the old one. When making the appointments with us the Best Buy associate failed to let us know that the fridge haul off appointment had to be before the installation appointment. That being said I could easily have pulled the old fridge out for the installation person so the new one could be installed. We have been without a fridge now for a week. So Best Buy doesn’t call us to say they’re canceling the installation appointment we had first because the old the hadn’t been hauled off yet.

Well I’ve had the new fridge in the middle of my kitchen for four days since it's been delivered. It now the day they’re supposed to come and install it and we get an email saying our appointment has been canceled. What???? How is it that we were ever allowed to make appointments with the installation before the haul off appointment if that’s not allowed because you’ll just cancel our appointment without notice??? Who even are you all to have let us make appointments the wrong way around? Shouldn’t the Best Buy associate have said, "No we have to make the haul off appointment first."

It’s the Saturday before Thanksgiving, I’ve been waiting patiently to get this fridge installed so I can go buy Thanksgiving Day dinner food and now my fridge has a new appointment to be installed the Saturday after Thanksgiving Day. I can barely begin to touch on the level of disappointment and dissatisfaction I have with Best Buy right now. I’m calling back to ask if I can just hook the fridge up myself and have now written this review while on hold for…1 hour and 12 minutes and still holding.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I am travelling abroad tomorrow, so I found a store that advertised the fact that they have stock of the $400.00 Apple Watch which would be AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP TODAY. Predictably taking the $$ from my credit card was smooth easy and INSTANT. Then I got an email confirming that it was being prepared for pickup TODAY!!! 5 FIVE hours later I drove the hour to collect it. That is when the stories and lame excuses started. They never had the order ready and blamed Apple, EVEN blamed me for not waiting for confirmation and said maybe someone came to the store and got priority. Of course I GOT priority when they took the $400. 00 Money is the priority, - customers mean nothing. NEVER EVER rely on these clowns. Buy direct or support Amazon who never deceive. Bye Bye Brick and mortar you have had your fun. Say hi to the Dodo when you fade into history.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

So my iPhone had a few cracks across the screen. It was working ok. The only problem was the top wasn't working. I could still use my phone in landscape mode.

So me being 17 really couldn't do much I had my mother talk to a rep of Apple. The rep of apple tells my mother that the repair will be free and makes me a appointment at Best buy. So we go to the best buy. We had to wait for a hour in a long line with no assistance.

When we finally get help they chose to use our old apple plan and try to slick me and my mother. Upon my mother telling the rep that he was wrong and trying to correct him nicely he began to get very rude with me and my mother and told her she had to pay the 29$ before he canceled my appointment. Upon that my mother paid him and we left while he worked on my phone. While we were out the rep calls back saying that something was wrong with my phone and that I or my mom has to pay $200 to get it fixed. So we stop what we're doing and go to see what the issue is and apparently the rep replaced my screen and broke my phone. It's unresponsive to touch. The rep never said sorry or anything. It really hurt my feelings because me being a teen using my phone for work plays a big part in my life.

My mother speaks to the manger and he proceeds to tell my mother the only thing they can do is ship my phone out and they wouldn't know how long it would take to get back to me or we could buy a phone in the store or upgrade my phone. Still trying to get us to pay them money after they made my screen unresponsive to any type of touch and wouldn't even apologize or try to offer us a free phone. Lower price phone. Me and my mother will never be shopping in best buy again and I'm stuck without a phone. I hope the the rep - Wayne will learn to stop breaking phones and stop being so hostile to customers. Please never go to the best buy located in 16179,100 Scenic Highway South Seville Georgia 30078.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I have had my Samsung S10 Plus for 1 year and nine months. I had purchased the 3 year warranty that guarantees product replacement even if you drop your phone. I had an Otterbox cover on my phone but one day it dropped and must of hit a rock because it put a chip on the Camera lens. When I went in to have it replaced they said I have to pay $200 plus turn in my phone to them upon receiving refurbished phone. I could buy my own for $250 on Amazon and keep my phone which still works except camera area. So what have I been paying for? Maybe it would have been worth it if it happened in the first six months to a year of owning the phone. Not worth it after that! I have always really liked Best Buy and I have bought most of my computers, cell phones and TVs there. Just not happy with warranty.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021
Well, I had a really crummy experience with Best Buy today. I originally had ordered a television for my mom as a surprise for this evening, for [unclear 0:00:11] pickup. I received an email saying that my order was being prepared, but it wasn’t available for pickup until a week from now. So, that wasn’t going to work. So I tried to call to find out if they had one in stock. Couldn’t speak to somebody in any of the stores because everything gets rerouted to an actual call center. I did eventually speak to a nice young lady who actually checked all of the inventory at the different stores to tell me what store actually had the television I was trying to purchase. But they wouldn’t transfer my order to a different store, they wouldn’t refund my money promptly, and it wasn’t put on a credit card so I’d actually use my debit card to buy it. So they wouldn’t refund my money right away. And they wouldn’t transfer the order. And they wouldn’t refund it on the gift card. So, ultimately, I ended up going to another store, buying a new TV there, and canceling the order with Best Buy. We were actually going to go there tomorrow to purchase a new computer system for my mom, too, but we’re not gonna be doing that. We’ll be going somewhere else. And I would recommend you do too, because their customer service was horrible. All of this process took about six hours, six and a half hours. And I just pulled on the driveway with a new TV for my mom, and I’m gonna go set it up now. So, I wouldn’t go to Best Buy.
Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

In May 2020, I purchased a 65 inch TV along with Total Tech and a 5 year warranty. Delivery and Installation superb. They sold out on the model I ordered and substituted a newer model, but with fewer features. I didn’t realize this until after the wall mounted install. That’s not my complaint though. The TT package gave me 20% off on the 5 year warranty, and a host of great features. BB would unmount it, repair it and remount as often as needed, with no extra charge, as long as they installed it in the first place, and you took the warranty. A no brainer.

Complaint. I’m looking for another TV, a different room. I planned on getting the $ 199 Total Tech package again. It has been completely gutted and covered up by deceptive wording. Best Buy advertises that with the $ 199 TT package, you get a free extended warranty up to two years subject to terms. A big selling feature is no extra charge for setting up or mounting the TV. They inflate the savings by showing a savings of $149 on tabletop setup. $149 to put the legs on? Costco is $19.95. Well, the terms of the up to 2 year extended warranty are you must have an active TT package. That means renewing at another $ 199, to get the second year warranty.

It gets worse. I added the TT package to my cart, and went to activate the 5 year warranty. That option disappears when you add the TT package. It’s an either or situation. For a person like myself, elderly, unable to wall mount a 65 inch TV, the prior package was wonderful. Now I have to choose either TT to get the free installation, or the 5 year, now non discounted warranty. It gets worse. After the free 2 year warranty expires, BB, at their option, can renew at an undisclosed price. I’ve seen comments on different sites gushing about the “up to 2 years free warranty.” People just don’t read T&C.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

When I purchased my Apple watch from Best Buy, they asked me if I wanted to get the protection package. I said "definitely" because I know that the apple products are well protected and if anything happened to my watch, I would be able to get it fixed. But I took it in because the watch fell on a tile floor and the screen cracked. I took it in yesterday to the Best Buy I purchased it at and they told me I wasn't covered. I thought I was buying the Apple Watch with the Apple Care warranty.

I should have purchased my apple watch at an Apple store. If I had, my 89.00 that went to your protection plan could have gone to Apple Care and they would have given me a new watch. I will never buy an Apple product in their store again because I want to know that if something happens to it, I will be covered. Apple Care does that. Best Buy does not.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

We ordered a washer and dryer to be delivered and installed from Best Buy/Geek Squad. This is the location they were supposed to be coming from. Our original delivery date/time was Tues 11/2/2021 between 2pm and 6pm. 6pm rolled around and our order had not been delivered, and we have not heard from Best Buy/Geek Squad since the calls/texts the day before/that morning confirming our delivery time. I call the call center and they inform me that the delivery truck is at the previous stop and we should hear from them soon.

At 7pm I call again, because we had heard nothing and nobody showed up, and then they told us that the order had been cancelled for the day and it would not be delivered! They could not tell us why it wasn't delivered. It just wasn't and we needed to reschedule... but we couldn't reschedule until the next day, but we will be able to reschedule for the day after that (Thurs) to have it delivered. Call the next day to reschedule and we are told that the next available date for delivery is the following Tues, a week after the original date. I told them that seemed unreasonable, but I was told I had no other options. Unhappily, we waited until today, 11/9.

So, our window for delivery today was 7am -11am. They called at 6:50 that they were on their way. When they arrived, they grabbed the washer first, and the delivery guys (who were great, actually) showed us a small dent in the back. We said it was alright, we were promised a gift card for the damage, and they installed it. Next, they went to get the dryer, and it had a HUGE dent in the side. Like, the entire side was caved in and it did not look like it would function properly. The nice delivery guys advised us not to accept the item, and we agreed, so the item was not delivered.

I called to reschedule later in the day and was told I could not reschedule until tomorrow. But I received an email to reschedule prior to this. The next available delivery time is next Wed 11/17... over 2 weeks after our original delivery date! I called again this evening and I asked the rep to speak to a manager (after waiting on hold for 10 minutes to get to the rep). I waited on hold for 40 minutes for a manager, then the rep hung up on me with no notice. That call lasted 58 minutes total.

I called back immediately. Another 10 minutes hold to speak to a rep. Explained I was just hung up on and I still need to speak to a manager. They put me on hold for another 25 minutes. Finally get a manager, and I'm on the phone/on hold with him for another 30 minutes... only to have him tell me that the best he can do is have the item delivered next Wed 11/17 and that there is nothing else he can do, but offer me a gift card, but he can't tell me for how much until I call again after the delivery is made...

Needless to say, I have canceled the order for the dryer and Lowe's will get us the same dryer tomorrow. I can't believe Best Buy treats customers like this! Absolutely frustrating. We lost hundreds of dollars between taking time off of work to be here for the deliveries (or lack thereof) and going to the laundry mat because it wasn't delivered on time. Take your business elsewhere, unless you want damaged items and unhelpful, subpar customer service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I was a very loyalty Best Buy customer for many years and even in their elite program. I have recently bought two very basic TVs and have had the WORST experience. They have a SERIOUS supply issues and I really recommend to anyone considering purchasing a TV from them to reconsider. They were supposed to deliver the TVs between 9 am and 1 pm Oct 30th. They called to let me know at 4 pm that they would not be delivering them. They rescheduled for Nov 8th between 9 am and 1 pm. I patiently waited only to find out that they again will not be delivering them. They had no problem taking my money!!! but have yet to produce a product. I appreciate there are supply chain issues out there but just let me know BEFORE the waiting period not after. l Please go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I purchased a new phone and and Otter Box case on 10/27. They didn't have the case and said they could order it and it would be here by the 5th of Nov. Called them on the fourth to verify it would be here on the 5th so I used one of my vacation days waiting for it. Checked email on the 5th. Said order is delayed. It will be here by the 19th. Called to cancel order. They told me it can't be canceled because it was shipped. Well it doesn't take three extra weeks to ship anywhere.

Then they told me my account hasn't been charged. Another lie. My account was charged on the 27th of Oct. and they won't return my money till I get the case. If I ever do then it will be past their 15 day return time. Don't deal with crooked liars as I will never deal with Best Buy again! As for help all I have been able to talk to is people from another country barely speaking English and they sure as heck don't understand English. In fact two of the people I talked with were out on a farm somewhere with chickens yelping in the background.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I purchased a Mac and it was not disclosed to me, Best Buy will sell you the older model MAC, not the year you purchased it. I paid top dollar for an older model at the end of the year, Best Buy rep DID NOT INFORM ME THIS WAS AN OLDER MODEL MAC. Best buy is deceiving customers, under the impression you are purchasing the latest model. I did not hear back from Best Buy headquarters, I even have a certified mail they received my complaint, as of today NO RESPONSE. This will need legal action.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Best Buy store, Albany, NY. I bought a simple Canon lens for my aged Rebel digital camera. The salesperson said it would work on my camera. It did not. I returned it and had to pay a ridiculous "restocking fee" despite the employee's error. After I swore off Best Buy, I received a very expensive Bose device from there as a gift, something I'd never use. I went to return it and they said I couldn't because the box had been opened, which is how it was when I got it. So, this $400 item is stuck in a drawer somewhere. There are other retailers that match their prices and have much better customer service and return policies, Amazon being the first that comes to mind.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I just sent this complaint to Best Buy: On Wednesday, 10/13, before noon, I ordered an open box insignia 40" television. The promised delivery date was Friday, 10/15. Someone at the warehouse finally got around to printing a label at 5:28 pm, on Thursday, 10-14, and marked the product "shipped." The item had not been placed in a vehicle (a ship), and removed from your premises (the definition of "shipped"). So, although your website says the order is shipped, that is a complete lie, as was the promised delivery date.

Now, it is Tuesday, 10/19, at almost 11 am. 6 days after I placed the order, and 4 days past the promised delivery date. I have yet to receive an email explaining the delay, as your website says I will. The product has yet to actually be shipped, and I cannot cancel the order because your website says you are "working on [it]." No you aren't. You are ignoring my order. This complete lack of promptness and lack of customer service is absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Had a great experience every time I come in they ask if I need help. Very easy to find what you need as well. Clean and welcoming environment. They also do repairs pretty fast all you do is make a appointment.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

On September 8th I purchased online a Frigidaire refrigerator, extended warranty, delivery and installation for a total amount of $1856. Delivery and installation were scheduled for 10/19. Checked website on 10/18 to check order and saw my delivery needed to be scheduled. Called Best Buy and was told the refrigerator was not in stock and that Best Buy sent me an email to reschedule, which I never received. The earliest date to reschedule on the website were the last two days of November. I immediately cancelled my order and told Best Buy to not charge my credit card. I also said I will never buy anything from Best Buy again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Worst customer service ever. Push you around until you explode. Nobody is able to help with your issues. Too many issues to list. When you order and need things fixed they ask if you have a man in the house that can do it! WTH!!! I paid for extended warranty and everything. Then I purchase online only to have them give me the runaround on delivery and Installation. Which never happened. We installed and picked up. Poor poor service! They suck!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

We have been in limbo with Best Buy not finishing the installation job. I hired Best Buy more than a month ago to install a new under cabinet Range Hood over our stove. When the installer showed up, they did not have the right tools. I provided some of what they needed. They screwed the hood to the cabinet and the wall but did not hookup the hood to exhaust duct above it. Installer stated that requires a certified HVAC service person. So the hood is returning the exhaust in to the kitchen. Have not been above to use our stove for a month. In addition, installer damage the stove igniter in process of affixing the hood to the cabinet.

I have contact Best Buy customer service with no result. Went to the store that service was purchased but store manager says he has no power or control on the job or the problems. He said to contact customer service. This is a circus show by Best Buy. When I call corporate office, they say that they have no corporate customer service and I need talk to installation department. I have written to Corie Barry, CEO of Best Buy, 3 times yet no result. There is no line of sight if Best Buy will ever finish this job or fix the damages as result of sending out delivery guys as installers. We have been ordering take out since the stove is not usable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Purchased a phone from Best Buy and their warranty program. My daughter broke her phone and is away at school. Ordered the replacement phone to our house and drive it out to her a few days later. The microphone part is malfunctioning and they have a strict return on receiving the broken phone within 15 days but they didn’t include the return mailing or instructions so they now won’t accept the return and are charging me for it and I’m stuck with a defective product as well. Last time I step foot in a BestBuy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

First of all I do not like giving bad reviews but in this case I must. I purchased a complete stereo system at Best Buy and with the amount of products that I purchased the tech told me it would be cheaper to purchase the Geek Squad plan to install the stereo so I agreed. I was never told that it would be a reoccurring charge. It was only for the installation of the system. They took out over 400.00 dollars from my account before I discovered it. I never got a email text or anything it was coming out each year. As like other reviews the geeksquad was rude and even hung upon me. It's totally a scam. If you do buy at best buy do not give them a debit or credit card because you will be a victim like me. Just saying.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We purchased a Lorex Surveillance system, TV wall mount, 32" monitor and a BNC extension from Best Buy and paid for installation. The install date was scheduled for 06/23/2021 but due to personal reasons we rescheduled for 07/08/2021. On that day, Geek Squad employee Aaron came to our house for the site survey and inspected our attic. After asking where we wanted the cameras mounted, he said, for one of the cameras he would have to run the cable in the U channel and we agreed to it. He then spent 20 minutes, pressuring us to get rid of the wired camera install and purchase the technical support with Geek Squad, so we eventually purchased the Geek Squad technical support.

We then scheduled the appointment for the system to be installed on 7/14/2021. We planned our schedule around this initial install date but nobody called or came to our house. We even received a text from Best Buy stating that a agent would arrive to our house to complete the order, but that never happened. We contacted Aaron and he apologized for some miscommunication and told us he could get us another appointment for 8/09/2021, 4 weeks later. On the 9th, we received a call from Best Buy customer service, at 12:30 pm stating that our appointment had been canceled because the technician was sick. Once again, we had scheduled our day around for that appointment that did not happened. That day we spoke with 2 or 3 people from customer service to schedule another appointment date but the only option they gave us was to schedule for another 3 to 4 weeks.

We were furious and could not figure out why they could not do the installation on the next business day. Eventually we got a install date for 8/13/2021. Customer service promised us a compensation once the work was completed on 8/13. Once again, we planned our day around that appointment and on 8/13, the technician was a no call no show. We spoke with Aaron and he stated that the technician did not show up due to rain. It did not rain that morning. Again, our appointment was rescheduled for 9/04/2021. My wife went to Best Buy, in Reynoldsburg OH, to speak with someone in person. She spoke with Matt, who stated that he would email Aaron and follow up with her the next day. My wife texted Aaron and stated to him that she had spoke with Matt and waiting for another appointment on 9/04/2021 was not an option.

The next day, Matt called my wife to let her know that he had no response from Aaron. My wife then received a text from Aaron stating that he would be at our house on 8/18/2021 to install the cameras. On 8/18, another technician came to our house. Aaron never showed up. According to that technician, he would not be able to install the cameras because he was afraid he could put a hole on the roof of the house. He called his boss and gave us the option of a wireless system, which we did not want. His boss then stated that we could return all the equipment to Best Buy and receive a refund. When we got ahold of Aaron, instead of taking responsibility for all this mess, he blamed the technician stating that he needed more training.

After all the waiting, canceling and rescheduling, the least he could have done, was to come to our house and do the work like he had promised. We are still waiting for some type of compensation from Best Buy for all the waste of our time. Every time we called customer service, we get transferred for one person to another, put on hold and then hung up on. That has happened so many times and that's why we decided to post our complaint here. Maybe this way we can get someone higher up to make it right. We did returned all the equipment.

I spoke with customer service again regarding the compensation and they said we would receive it in the mail. We never received anything as of today. We had made a $200 payment on our credit card. Best Buy refund us $197.38 and gave us a credit of $2.62 on our credit card. After screwing us over, they still want to make a tiny profit. UNBELIEVABLE!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

In late June after researching gas dryers I settled on one. Unfortunately only 3 stores in my area sold the model I wanted (under $1000). I ordered from Best Buy. Ordering was OK and a delivery date of 1 week was given. OK. Delivery date comes at the perfect time (no chance to pick a time, just a date). The guys were fine but told me my gas attachments were too short for the new dryer (though my old dryer was gas and it was fine) and I needed to call a plumber. OK. However, having been without a dryer for a few weeks at that point and given what I had to deal with using Best Buy I let them go with the dryer. The delivery date was rescheduled for the following week. I had my plumber in to do whatever needed to be done. Even the old dryer was totally disconnected and ready to be hauled away.

Second delivery date arrives. Two new guys who spoke very little English. I knew I was in trouble when I told the lead guy the side door was open with access to the basement. He nodded as if he knew what I'd said and went to the side door (to which I had pointed). A few minutes go by and I hear nothing. Sure enough I went to the side door and he was just standing there waiting for me to open it. Uh Oh.

He comes in, and starts measuring and talking to his helper in Spanish. Apparently there's a problem I don't know about. My old dryer was 29 inches wide. New dryer 27 inches. So there shouldn't be any problem. Or so I thought. In extremely broken English he informed me the access was impossible because it was too narrow. I told him I'd had a number of knowledgeable people measure it and it was fine. A tight squeeze, but doable. I told him my old dryer was 2" wider than this new one and it was delivered and installed with little problem. He wasn't having it. I got the feeling he didn't understand most of what I'd said.

Before I go on let me say I have no problem with immigrants coming to this country for a better life. I can imagine how difficult it must be. My own mother came from Italy at 14 speaking not a word of English. She knew she had to learn in order to get work and make some money to bring the rest of her family here. My ONLY complaint is the companies who contract with people should at least make sure one of the team has a decent enough command of the English language to understand the customers.

HOWEVER, having said that I don't condone lying to cover their butts. I made them stay with the dryer and after 10 minutes trying to get ahold of a live person I explained the problem. I will admit to being extremely upset because at this point I had been without a dryer for over a month and I really needed this delivery/installation to happen.

She said she would contact the team. OK. When she gets back on the line she tells me they reported that the door opening was only 24" and it got narrower down the stairs. I told her that was impossible. I explained about the measuring, the old dryer being wider but was delivered successfully. I admitted it would be tight and I didn't care if the dryer was scratched or whatever, but it was definitely doable and I needed it done. On the phone for quite a while and all she did was repeat what the team told her, over and over again as if I was talking to a recording. I did blow and I did get loud. I also told her to cancel the dryer and get the charges off my credit card which was posted even before the dryer was delivered! I will never ever deal with Best Buy again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

My husband purchased a laptop from me from Best Buy, and forgot to put in our elite member information. The computer began overheating and showcasing issues of screen problems and device malfunctions. We attempted to return the device within the elite member return policy time frame (30-45 days) and the manager refused the return, as my husband forgot to enter our phone number at checkout.

We have an elite account with our names, and we provided the original receipt, and had the matching card and the manager refused. Instead, the manager immediately issued a store credit. We declined the store credit and he advised that it was processed and there was "no going back" so to "take it, because that's all he could do." We do not want the store credit. We want the refund per the return policy terms and conditions. The manager refused even though we are elite members because he did not want to process a refund.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Best Buy has the worst customer service ever. NEVER buying anything from Best Buy ever again! I have made 4 transactions with Best Buy in last couple of months and half the time I had to spend hours of my time on call with Best Buy Customer service to get my issue resolved. First order I placed was for a TV which I initially placed for in-store pickup but I decided to get delivered instead. So on the day of the delivery person was couple of hours late from scheduled delivery time. I understand that delays happen but Bestbuy should fix this asap. That is not the case though. I had to call again to reschedule and they give a delivery date 1 week later. This is totally unacceptable so I asked the person if I can just go pick up the TV in store.

The customer service agent tells me that the TV I ordered is not in stock in the store near me. He keeps insisting on that even when I tell him that I can see it available online for 1 hour pickup. I don’t know why Best Buy customer service will lie about availability. Anyways, I decided to go to the store and buy it there itself. They were able cancel my previous order and give a TV right away. I spent so much time dealing with the customer service that in no way can accounted for. For all this, they offered me an inconvenience compensation which was less than what I make in an hour.

Second order I placed was an in-store order with an Xbox game and a Netflix gift card. Both were a digital code delivery via email. I got the code for Xbox game but didn’t get the code for Netflix gift card. So on Day 2, I reached out to the customer service person (Garcia S.) on chat, and I was assured that they have sent me the code which I should receive in an hours time. Of course that didn’t happen. So on Day3, I again reached out to the customer service and I was connected to Garcia S. This might be a different person. Again, I was told the same thing and I again never received the Netflix code that day.

On Day4, I again reached out to customer service and I was connected to (Stanley **), I was asked bunch of questions and without even telling me I was transferred to another person (Rose E.) who asked me the same questions and told me again I should receive it in the email soon. I asked to get connected to the supervisor (Mathew **), this is first time that I was told that I should call and reach out to a live agent over phone.

I called them today but as usual these people will never read your chat transcripts. They ask you the same questions all over again. I know I shouldn’t generalize it as there are good customer service agents as well but not at Best Buy. Or Maybe it's best buy’s policy to make its customer’s lives a living hell. I had to go through 4 department transfer and an hour and a half wait for someone to even look at the issue and try to resolve it. My issue is still not resolved. I will update the review with further details later.

Best Buy Company Information