2. Shopping

Best Buy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 2,132 ratings submitted in the last year

Best Buy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Buy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I submitted for JBL wireless headphones 1/31/21 at the 86st East Side Best Buy location in Manhattan. They didn't have the item when I showed up. I was told to come pick them up 2/10/21. They didn't have the item. I was told to come back at 5pm. I decided to try the next day 2/11/21. They still didn't have it. I ask if the supervisor could help me. The best they could do was to cancel the order. I made a complaint online. The best they could do was to ship it for free. The chat representative used my billing address instead of asking me where I wanted it sent. I also never received an email to confirm the order. I was never sent updates. After all this effort I expected a large company to provide a reasonable compensation which they didn't. Their order system also doesn't allow me to submit a review of this bad experience at this point. I will try again. People should know about this false advertisement and service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Never ordering from this company again. They sold me a stackable washer and dryer, shipped it to my house without any mounts to stack the units. When the shippers notified me, they called Best Buy to see what the info was on the brackets and the customer service agent said I should have known about them, searched for them on their webpage and purchased them myself. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have offered me these pieces when I was checking out.. or said, "Hey, suggestion; this is what other people bought that you might need."

It is Tuesday. They are telling me no one can help me until Saturday. I now have a washer and dryer unit sitting in my kitchen, not hooked up. I have Airbnb tenants checking in on Friday. Not to mention, the customer service guy got frustrated with the shipping guy and hung up on him. Was super unprofessional. I am now looking for a local handyman in my small town to help me install these units- after I drive 150 miles to go pick up the $40 bracket. Makes no sense. I have forever blacklisted Best Buy. I am hopeful they will go out of business because this level of inefficiency is a thing of the past. Good riddance.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Had the worst experience in the Stroudsburg PA Best Buy store. The first employee I asked for help said he is attending someone else and did not recommend another person to help. Then finally 20 minutes later I ask another employee can he help, told him I needed a rack for the TV I pointed at but not expensive. The TV was 189. He goes straight to the most expensive rack. Unbelievable. He was clueless.

Now I ask an employee at the laptop section can he help me with a certain laptop. He looked annoyed then he said they were out and the date he gave me was a little too late. I needed it ASAP so I said, "Can you help me find something similar?" He looked for a second, pointed at a Chromebook. I was looking at an HP willing to pay a little more and he rudely walked away. Now I'm upset. No help at all. I left without a laptop. Did buy the TV only because my husband carried it himself with no store help at all. This is the worst store ever. I will never shop there again. Mind you just got my Best Buy VISA and plan to close it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Our refrigerator stopped working late afternoon January 28, 2021. We went to Best Buy in Germantown, MD early that evening to purchase a new refrigerator and a small freezer, which we did. We were told that if I applied for a credit card, we would get 10% back on our purchase. We asked several times how we would get the 10% return, and were told that as soon as we paid off the purchase price on the card, we would receive a CHECK for the 10% payback. Since we intended to pay the balance as soon as receiving the card, we decided that 10% return on our $2600 purchase was considerable and we opted for the credit card. I received the card in the mail on Feb 3, 2021. The purchase price was paid in full on Feb 4,2021. There is no longer a balance on this Best Buy Visa card.

On Friday. February 5, 2021 I received, by email, $245 worth of STORE COUPONS...not a check as promised. This was not an error on my part. I have a credit card which would have given me 2% CASH back, however, after being assured...more than once...that I would receive a check back if I opened a credit card account, I made the decision to get the card.

I understand that stores push their employees to get credit cards from their customers. It is their business. However, outright lying to customers should not be on the table. Where is the morality in that? This was an excellent scam from Best Buy. This deceit cost me the $52 cash back I would have received from my current credit card as well as useless activity on my credit score. I have no need for $245 worth of Best Buy coupons and would never have accepted those terms. AND, oh, yes…the COUPONS are only good for 2 months!! A very sad commentary in this day when we are all struggling to make ends meet.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

We ordered a CyberPowerPC from Best Buy, and we love it. My son is a big gamer, and this computer works great for him. Easy to set up and easy to use. There were step by step instructions on how to do everything.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The WORST buying experience I have ever had. Bought a TV durning the pandemic & wasnt able to find someone to hang it for about 60 days. When they came out and unpackaged the TV we discovered it was damaged inside the TV. Plastic still on it and everything. I contacted Best Buy and they said since it was outside the 45 days I needed to contact Samsung and they would cover it as it was within a year. That took a while. Months later I FINALLY got Samsung out to our home to inspect the TV & they said it's Best Buy delivery issue. Called Best Buy back; spoke to Regina W in their Midwest call center and she said my October call was not logged & if I called from another number the BEST BUY rep would have needed to do their job & log it and they did not and there was nothing she would or could do since I didn't have a status with THEIR company/ had not bought enough to matter.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I purchased an item on the Best Buy website. As soon as the order was placed I noticed it was being shipped to the wrong address. Trying to get the shipping addresses changed has been a three-plus day real pain in the butt! So much so that I’ll never shop their site again and will go back to Amazon even for my electric purchases.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a $1300 Dell computer. I received a $5 key board that is defective. Type one A and it pushes 7 of them - erase once and it takes out the entire row. "IF" you can get someone to answer a phone - good luck! I was told NOTHING they could do - call Dell; however, Dell, per their contract, cannot help me for the first 30 days. I called back - on hold for 123 minutes! Again, told to contact Dell - nothing they could do. OMG!

I called a different store - same worthlessness! He suggests that I bring back the entire system? I have paid my tech to input all my information and set - so that is NOT an option. Call Dell! BUT DELL, PER YOUR CONTRACT, CANNOT HELP ME FOR 30 DAYS - SO!? This is the second time in a year that Best Buy has NOT provided customer service. I purchased a new Sony Television. I paid for hook up and demonstration - extra cords. When the person arrived - no cords - no instruction. No more Best Buy for me! I went to Staples and purchased a new key board - so much more friendly and knowledge! Staples has been excellent this year!!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my entire life. If I could rate this lower than 1 star I would give it -1.09677E stars or -1,096,770,000 stars. Bestbuy stole my money for an e gift card and then proceeded to transfer me 27 times before getting me to the WORST customer service rep ever. No one knew anything about anything.

Every single person said I would be transferred to the right department and guess what... NONE of them could actually do anything more than the last one, which was transfer me again. I would say I'm surprised but judging by the other reviews I've seen this is par for the course. I was stolen from, lied to, harassed, insulted, and ultimately hung up on. Bestbuy shouldn't even be in business. With the way things are going for them, I wouldn't doubt if they were out of business within the next 3 months. Thanks for completely wasting my time and money Bestbuy. Winner of the Worst Customer Service of The Year award.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I would like to share my ongoing nightmare with Best Buy! I ordered a washer and dryer set back in Nov. And said I wanted it delivered Dec 22. Plenty of time, I thought! I got numerous text messages saying it was going to be delivered on Dec 22. I even got a text the day of delivery saying they were on their way. I sat all day waiting and it never came. So I rescheduled for the next day. It never came. I was getting such a run around from Best Buy, the night of the 23rd I decided to cancel the order.

I was partially refunded for the order, but they said they couldn't cancel the washer because it was in transit. Wait 24 to 48 hours they said. So the next call was Dec 28, same response, Jan 7, same response, Jan 10, same response, Jan 14, same response, Jan 19, same response. So, here I am, still waiting for my refund, contemplating if I should get a lawyer and sue them. I'll never buy another product from Best Buy!! And btw, I'll bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's and had it in 2 days.

Best Buy Company Information