Barnes & Noble

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went into the store at 7026 Hwy 6, Houston, TX 77095 at around 3:40 pm on 2-10-17. I'm not much of a book reader but my youngest is in National Guard basic training and was told that we could send him books about the military. Well I thought about a book that I read back in the 80's which is called Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy. I saw a three people working behind the counter that is located in the center of the store and I figured I would ask for help.

As I walked up I could see they were in a conversation and I didn't want to interrupt so I waited to be acknowledged and your associate named Alex asked if he could help me. I then asked about the book and he just said fiction under Clancy which would have been fine but I didn't know the layout of the store and it seemed rude how he looked at me then just made the statement about where the books would be located. The other female associate took me but made it clear where fiction was and the Clancy books were located.

Your associates seemed very rude and not wanting to help and I really hope it wasn't the color of my skin that made them act that way or they could be overworked but what really got me is your employee Alex was laughing it up with another customer at the front of the business after I made my purchase. Your store only had one book that I was looking for and I went over to Half Price Books and they were very friendly and helpful and after walking in from being upset from your store. I go to Home Depot a lot and they have an app that you can download that shows you where you can find what you're looking for in their store. Maybe you could look into the same type of system that will help your customers from speaking to rude people.

I ordered the textbook Focus on Personal Finance with Access Card from Barnes and Noble the same day as I ordered a rental textbook from Chegg. My Chegg book came 3 days earlier than my Barnes and Noble book. When my book did finally arrive it had no access card... I looked through the package and didn't find it. I called customer service and the representative explained that somewhere in the terms and conditions it states that rental textbooks are not guaranteed to come with any "extras" and that I had in fact checked the box that stated I read and agreed to the terms.

When I explained that the title of the book is extremely misleading since it actually says on my packing slip Focus on Personal Finance with Access Card, I was expecting an access card. She just repeated herself until I asked for a supervisor who repeated the same thing until I asked for a manager who then repeated the same thing. He sent me a return label and states that I won't be charged the restock fee once I return the book for a refund. We will see. Overall I don't want to do business with Barnes and Noble ever again. Their product description is misleading and their customer service is a joke.

My 10 year old daughter received a birthday gift... a board game. It is for 12 and up and a little over her head so we decided to return it. We live in a rural area and went to Walmart, Kmart, Target, some of the local toy stores. No one carried this game. Finally went to the very "uppity" Barnes and Noble in town. Yes they carried it but wouldn't accept the return for a store credit because we didn't have a receipt. Yeah it was a gift and I feel it is rude to ask the person for the receipt. Walmart, Target etc don't require a receipt. I just wanted to get her something else... I didn't want cash. They are the only store in the area that carries this... of course it was purchased there.

I called their customer service line and besides none of them being able to understand English efficiently, they also said they wouldn't take it back. I can't believe in the day and age of Amazon... where customer service is tops that this company can afford to be so tight with their policies. Seems I am not the only one who thinks this... the complaints on this board are unbelievable. The sooner Amazon comes and gobbles this company up... the better.

Called customer service multiple times due to gift cards having no value. Cards came directly from Barnes and Nobel. Each time the same story. They will send the information to "corporate" and they will be in touch in 7-10 days. 3 calls and 30 days later, same story. The individuals in customer service are unable to resolve problems.

I have 3 children in college so during any given semester we could have 15-18 books rented or purchased. I usually use Amazon but thought I would give Barnes & Noble a try. Boy was that a mistake. They did not contact me with info about returning the book. All of the other companies do this. The only notification that I was received was when they charged my credit card for the purchase of the book. They also charged double the value of the book. When I called customer service there was no flexibility - I had bought the book. As mentioned before I rent a lot of books in the course of a school year and I will not even consider Barnes & Noble in the future. It is not worth the hassle when there are so many other good companies that actually send you the shipping label as well as email reminders.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barnes and Noble?

I ordered a book through B&N's Marketplace from a 3rd party. After waiting more than a month for the book to arrive, I contacted the 3rd party. They informed me that the book had been delivered weeks before. They provided a USPS tracking number. I contacted USPS, who informed me that the address on the shipment was not my address. I contacted B&N numerous times over the course of a month in the hopes of getting a refund. I was told they would look into it. A few times, I received the "but the seller said it was delivered" email. Other times I received a "we're looking into it email." Every time I contacted B&N, I asked for a confirmation email, which I never received. I was even promised a refund and was told I would receive a confirmation email of it within 72 hours. Said email never arrived.

I contacted them again today and was told that they needed to wait to hear from the 3rd party seller and for them to 1st issue B&N a credit before I would receive one. That's utterly ridiculous. What's the point of having the B&N brand for their Marketplace if they won't protect their customers and ensure quality service? Furthermore, we're talking about a whopping $14.77. The supervisor told me that they could not even issue this paltry refund sum and override this policy to make a customer happy.

Although I love my Nook when it's working, I can only say it's a great thing the $90 warranty was purchased with my purchase. I had 1 Nook that would shut down after getting extremely hot, it even had a little picture of a thermometer showing it was hot. I returned and got a refurbished one. The 2nd one I would have to performed a hard reboot all the time since it would just stop working, no reason just stopped working. I returned it and got yet another refurbished one. The 3rd one I just kept even though I had to reset this one all the time too. I figured I'd just get another refurbished one and never get back the several hours of time I wasted having to go into the stores, wait for a manager, for them to "test" it, fill out paperwork and then reset it all back up etc etc etc. I had the smaller HD tablet and my husband had the larger one.

Now the charges on all of them would break. They would no longer charge the Nook and some you could see the rubber around the part that plugged into the Nook start to separate. The store was kind enough to give us a free charger to replace the last broken on, that one never even worked at all. All in all, I can see why Barnes and Noble decided to change the company that made the Nook, but it doesn't change the fact that this household alone went through 4 Nooks, 7 or so chargers and more money than I care to count. I still have 2 Nooks that I can't use because I can't charge them. I'm disappointed that there is no one I can call and I can't get my money back or even exchange it for the new manufacturer. I'm now stuck with $599 worth of tablets I can't use. If ever a class action lawsuit comes up, I will be at the top of the line.

I recently purchased a textbook needed for school online through Barnes & Noble because it would save me over $130 versus buying from the school Barnes & Noble bookstore. I purchased expedited shipping because I needed the book quickly so I could get started on my reading assignments. The package arrived a day later than what was indicated by the expedited shipping option, but it wasn't the end of the world. Upon opening the package, however, there was a boxed set of Junie B. Jones children's books, even though the shipping order clearly indicated the intended order of the law school textbook. This had turned into a significant inconvenience because I had intended to do a great deal of reading over the weekend, so I called the customer service line immediately.

The woman who helped me with the call was polite and pleasant, but I soon became frustrated as I realized the inflexibility and complete disregard of customer service with regard to their policies. I was offered either a refund for the order or I could send back the incorrect product from a UPS store (which I would have to research where the nearest one is, obtain a return label, and find transportation to it in my busy schedule) and the textbook I was supposed to get would be sent out on the next business day and would take 1-2 days to arrive. Because this occurred on a holiday weekend, that would mean it would likely be several days until I received the correct book (six days after I was initially supposed to receive it). This was not a viable option for me because I had several hundred pages of reading assignments that I couldn't fall behind on.

As the customer service representative informed me of this, I came up with what I thought was a reasonable compromise. The bookstore on campus, where the listed price of the textbook was more expensive than it was online, was affiliated with Barnes and Noble. I inquired whether they would offer me a price match so that I could receive my textbook in a timely fashion and they would still receive payment for the textbook. This was quickly shot down by the supervisor of the customer service representative.

So, my only option then became to accept the refund and keep the book purchased the campus bookstore. This resulted in me paying an additional $130. They also continued to insist that I must mail back the incorrect item from the nearest UPS store, which for me costs additional time and money. I am disappointed that Barnes and Noble expects me, after an error on their part, to go through this inconvenience for the sake of their convenience. I will be looking for other companies to purchase my future textbooks through and I will encourage others to do the same to avoid these headaches that I have experienced.

I was late returning a book. Charged an extension fee and overcharged for the book. The book was valued at way less than what they charged. This was my mistake however my issue is that the customer service sucks and they are not friendly at all. They have this "it is what it is" attitude when customers have these issues. They are not kind and understanding like Chegg and other places. All they care about is money and they make that clear. Never again. They don't care about students at all.

I was so proud I had my receipt & the item was pristine in appearance. There should have been no issue. I received a record album at Christmas. Purchased at B&N. Main St. At Exton, sadly it skipped badly & I simply wanted an exchange for the same item or an equal item. The store did not have the same item which was a bummer but with 1000 plus records on hand I could easily get something else of equal value. That was where they got all robotic. Since my wife used a discount coupon they would only credit me the amount I spent not the item price towards a equal product. I bought a $34.99 record & wanted another $34.99 record by the same group or another group for perhaps a few dollars more.

The store manager didn't come close to seeing my point. ** was her name by the way. She insisted she had no override in her computer & it would throw off her count. Why should I have to take a lesser product when I had a receipt & a perfect, clean return. The phone call center for B&H defers completely to the store manager so why do they even exist in having one. It could have been smooth, quick & I probably would have bought another record or at least a more expensive one. Great customer care Barnes & Noble!!!

All I wanted to do was purchase a few ebooks with the Gift Card I recently received. I created an account for that purpose that includes privacy data that I know from experience they will use to send me UNWANTED advertisements to clutter my email & cell phone - fine I'll live with that temporarily; entered the card# and pin; put the ebooks into the shopping cart. Upon checkout, another pop-up that required me to enter credit card info. Why do they also need my credit card when my total purchases did not exceed the gift card amount?? I can understand if the total was more than the gift card. All I wanted was to use my gift card, they can KEEP the .32 cents balance! I'll never ever use them online again for books and never buy THEIR gift cards for someone else's use because they will have to go through the same **!

Terrible experience with Barnes and Noble book rental service. Rented 3 textbooks for college. Price seemed fair. I couldn't have been more wrong. I received the books in used condition with some writing/highlighting in them and I didn't think too much on it. College quarter was ending and I mailed them back on time. Received an email from Barnes and Noble stating that the books have been returned and a second email stating they want to charge my credit card for a rental buyout/extension. I never wanted to buy the books and have already prepaid to rent them for 90 days.

I call customer service and ask what's the deal. They verified that they received the books but they are in "bad condition" so now I have to buy them. I answer that I sent them back in the same condition that they were mailed to me. They say that I have to notify them of the "bad condition" within 21 days of receiving the books and it's "in their policy". So now they are trying to charge me $263 to buyout the books when I already paid near $90 to rent them. What is even more disgusting is that they are trying to charge me near the new condition price range for each book when they mailed me a used condition books to begin with.

For example: 1 book I rented called Imperialism in the Modern World: Sources and Interpretations edition 1 sells for $94 new, $57.45 used, and $15.27 marketplace but they want to charge me $82 for it. It's in "bad condition" and yet I'm not even being charged at used price range. They should be well aware of the condition they send out their books to people.

Second book I rented: Patterns for College Writing, Brief Edition: A Rhetorical Reader and Guide Edition 13 sells for $53.87 new, $29.62 used, and $25.80 on marketplace but they want to charge me $46.02. Third book I rented: Traditions and Encounters Volume C: from 1750 to Present Edition 5 sells for $161 new, $79.38 used, and $22.84 on marketplace but they want to charge me $134.31.

This whole system reeks of extortion and is a way for Barnes and Noble to forcefully sell off their old, used and unwanted junk to unwilling customers and use the funds to buy brand new products. Now I'm the fool for not reading through their entire ** "policy" and allow them to exploit me for not doing so. Never, ever, ever shopping there again in my entire existence and warning all friends and family about my awful experience. I'm just in shock that this is legal.

Even though I've been a customer for over 20 years, I won't shop at Barnes & Noble anymore. They refused to take back rejected Christmas gifts in perfect condition with gift receipts because "the price tag had been removed." Doesn't everyone remove the price tag before they give their gift? Cashier Joel ** said they don't generate the price tag at the store -- it is done at the corporate office -- so they can't take back the item (Store 2995). If you have a gift card, better use it quick -- this company will not be in business long.

I received at textbook back in September. I did not notice that the spine was damaged until a month into my rental. I did not think anything of it, except for B&N has ** textbooks for rentals. No other problems with the textbook, so why do I care that there is damage on the spine. I recently returned the book and got an email that I'm being charged for the full price of the book because it was damaged. I used the chat feature since I wasn't able to call right away. It was difficult to get the person to understand the situation and then trying to get some sort of resolution. Never got a resolution, just too frustrating to deal with right now. Do not use the chat feature. Plus, the person's name I was talking with was "Bong **" which I thought was unprofessional. That may be his real name, but I do not think B&N would want that as their first impression with customer service.

They accused me that my order for a Minecraft hardcover book for my son for Christmas didn't pass their verification and that they will refund it. They didn't tell me anything until almost Christmas. These guys are totally unprofessional and insulting. I will buy my books from Amazon from now on.

Barnes and Noble, Ventura Store has a Hispanic security that stalk on Hispanics customers. When confronted by customers, the security immediately overreact, challenging Barnes and Noble Customers to complain with the manager. When the manager arrived, he openly accepted that he instruct his Hispanic Security to harass Hispanic customers, which make sense because if the case reaches the court, he can argue against any allegation of discrimination, or racism since the Barnes and Noble security is Hispanic. What struck me the most was that other Barnes and Noble employees were congratulating the Hispanic security for "doing a good job." It seems that it is the policy implemented by the manager and that every employee is being instructed on this type of stalking, or harassment by profiling Hispanics. In conclusion, if you want to avoid problems, avoid Barnes and Noble, Ventura, California, if you are Hispanic.

I recently returned 3 books and received an email that Barnes and Noble is trying to charge me for one of the books. I made my first phone call to customer service and the person was no help, he claimed he was going to transfer me to a management team and lied and just disconnected my call. I called again and spoke to a lady who said she was going to transfer my call to a management team, I waited on the phone for 10 minutes and the call just went blank. I made a third call and the lady told me that the reason Barnes and Noble is trying to charge me for a book is because that the book was returned in bad condition. I then asked to speak to a manager because that was absolutely false. She transferred me to a management team member whose name is "Sean". He refused to give me his last name.

I told him that I returned the book how I received it, the book had a few highlighted pages and a little worn (which is expected for a USED BOOK). I did not consider it in bad condition because if I did I would have sent it back as soon as I received it in the mail. I am not going to be charged for a book I sent back in the same condition I received it. If the book was in such bad condition then why did Barnes and Noble send it out that way. His customer service was awful, Sean started off very nice at first, but then he became very rude. I feel this is unacceptable because someone wasn't doing their job when they sent out the book, because if so you all would have never sent out a book that is considered "bad condition".

NEVER RENT FROM BARNES & NOBLE. I have never had such a horrible experience with renting a textbook before. I've used Chegg & Amazon and have had zero issues. This is the first time that I have rented from Barnes & Noble, I returned the book and received a confirmation email. Months go by and I receive an email from a collections agency that the textbook was never returned. I contacted Barnes & Noble and they said that the book was returned but it was in poor condition so therefore I had been charged a buyout fee. I never received any emails from Barnes & Noble concerning this. Customer service was very unhelpful on the phone and insisted they could not reverse the charges and even noted that Barnes & Noble had never sent me the "courtesy" email. They insisted there was nothing that they could do and the "system" would not allow them to waive the fee. A $12 rental ended up costing me $104.

RENTERS BEWARE: IF YOU DON'T CONTACT BARNES & NOBLE WITHIN 21 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE BOOK TO NOTIFY THEM IF THERE IS ANY highlighting or underlining in the book, you will be charged the full cost of the book, as they consider this to be "damaged" and in "poor condition". Receiving a book that has highlighting and underlining is NORMAL in a used book. I will never shop at Barnes & Noble again or recommend anyone to use their services. Poor business practices and uncaring customer service.

I went into a Barnes and Noble store to buy gift cards for family members. I looked for a gift card that stated Merry Christmas. However, the clerk stated that those words might offend someone so they don't have them. Alright, maybe except right next to Happy Holiday cards were lots of cards with Happy Hanukkah on them. Perhaps the Barnes and Noble is not aware that Hanukkah is also a religious holiday! You would think with all the books they sell, they would realize that!!

A few months ago I discovered that my bank account had been charged nearly $400 through Barnes & Noble's website. I called Barnes & Noble to dispute the charges because I had not purchased anything through their website in months and the card that was on my online account was my CREDIT CARD not my bank card. They refused to help - the first person I spoke to told me it was my problem and they couldn't help me; the second person hung up on me. After 5 weeks of battling with them my bank refunded me the money and was going to take up the problem with B&N directly. In the meantime I had discovered that my credit card was being charged for a membership that I had never renewed. I called to dispute that and was told that I was not going to obtain a refund but they'd "happily" cancel the membership. This was over 6 months ago and I am STILL being charged a monthly fee and a fee for a membership.

I called again today to cancel the membership and was told that I would receive a confirmation email and the highest amount they could refund me was $25. I have not received the email yet and I'm still being charged a separate monthly fee so the first person I spoke to couldn't help with the fee so she transferred me to someone else who said they didn't see any transactions other than the membership fee and they had no way of looking up a charge with the card number that was being charged. He said all he knew was that according to my email address there's no other charges. I was told to keep calling and trying and I may eventually get someone who knows. This is ridiculous!

Don't rent textbooks from them. They don't even allow you to keep it long enough to get through a full Qtr. They charge another $14.33 for an 15 extra days, which still isn't enough time to get you through the end of the Qtr. So in dealing with them, you may as well purchase your textbook. I was just told that Amazon and other companies are better and there's no extra charge if you need an extension. Therefore, I will never rent with B&N again.

I received another 15% off coupon for anything on B&N.com. Used said coupon to order one book and one movie. Order placed on the 12th of November and the website said I would receive on the 17th. That day came, no order. I placed an phone call to customer service (a term I use lightly) and was connected with an employee I could barely understand who told me to "kindly wait until the end of the next day". Well, no order on the 18th. The UPS tracking now says the 21st. NINE days after the order was placed. I contacted B&N again and was given the same textbook apology, but no offer of anything other than "be patient". I expressed a desire to cancel my order as NINE days is ridiculous and was told it was impossible as the order is in transit. I asked for a supervisor, same story. Then I asked for that supervisor's supervisor. You can guess the rest of it.

After speaking with 4 employees, 3 of them "supervisors on the management team," all of whom did nothing besides quote company rhetoric, I'm in the same boat I was in yesterday. I can either suck it up and wait or I can suck it up and wait THEN send the order back to them because apparently they cannot communicate with UPS because it's a Friday. In 2016 one conglomerate is unable to communicate with another for 3 days. Unreal. Simply unreal. But wait, B&N will send me a label that I can use to return the package to them once I receive it on... you guess it MONDAY the 21st. I'm not an unreasonable person and I understand mistakes happen: we're human. But when you have a problem as a retailer and it's on your end, it's not the greatest PR to tell your customers there's squat you can do, suck it up and wait, then if you're still annoyed send it back to us because our policies allow for nothing else.

TLDR version of this: I will NEVER, EVER, EVER order from B&N.com again. No compensation, unbelievable inability to address a problem short of waiting 3 additional days, snotty "supervisors" who tell me they've "offered me a solution" and it's my fault that I'm unwilling to accept it, complete misrepresentations on delivery times, a surreal experience that has left a rancid taste in my mouth and still no order. I could've (and most definitely should have) ordered my items from Amazon.com and had them in 2 days. Sorry B&N, but $2.54 off one item isn't remotely worth this headache.

I've shopped at B&N for 30+ years and never had an issue; frankly it's incredibly rare to have an issue like this with any retailer but to be literally unwilling or unable to fix a problem until NINE days have passed is mind-boggling. Never again B&N, never again. Order from Amazon.com ladies and gentlemen. Better prices, better customer service and no employees telling you it's too bad you don't like it, but oh well.

I am a Barnes and Noble member and ordered a textbook. MA member benefit is free express shipping. My confirmation email said it was being sent standard shipping. I called Barnes and Noble to have the shipping changed and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They said my email wasn't linked and it tells me to link in the "terms and conditions". (I believe that is the small writing at the bottom that no one reads.) Also the coupons I receive don't work on textbooks. I have three children in college and one of the main reasons I signed up for a membership was for the coupons and express shipping. Neither benefit me. I will never sign up for a membership again.

I am disappointed at customer service of Barnes & Noble at Princeton NJ. The sales person recommended 2 books and promised that after I will pay, they will be nicely wrapped. Of course, the lady at the cash register refuse to do wrapping, because she was too "busy" and advice me to tell the manager to hired more people.

I have a Nook HD+ that I've had for almost 2 yrs now. Just recently they did an update to 2.2.0 but now my Nook will not work. Called customer support, they tried rebooting but to no avail. Customer support then told me there was nothing more they could do but wanted to sell me an out of warranty product for $119. Do they think people are crazy enough to do that. I think they need to fix the update that caused the problem to begin with. Not expect me to pay $119 for something that also may not work and have no warranty to cover it. Will never purchase another Nook again or purchase from Barnes and Noble again. Seems all they want is people's money and not help them out when it's the company's fault. So so disappointed in B&N.

I ordered two books from Barnes and Noble with the expected delivery date being Monday (Which I paid extra shipping for), the day my college classes started. One book was delivered that day. The other, I got an email Sunday night saying it was delayed and had not been shipped. On Friday, after still not having heard from B&N and going through a week of class without the book I needed, I emailed B&N and said I wanted to cancel the order because I can't wait any longer for the book. I got an email back saying "Unfortunately, we are unable to obtain a copy of Chemistry: Structure and Dynamics".

If they were unable to obtain a copy of the book and did not even have it in their possession then they should not have accepted my order and given me an expected delivery date. I don't know if I will ever order from B&N again, but if I have to I would just make sure I did not need the book in the near future just in case there are shipping delays because they don't even have the book. Disappointing experience.

Order a textbook from Barnes & Noble and two days later received a notification that the book was out of stock. I just double checked and the book is not out of stock. The seller had relisted the textbook and has increased the tax. I contacted Barnes & Noble customer service hoping to reach an amicable solution. I stated it was unreasonable to relist the same item and increase the price. I received a message saying it was not their place to intervene. I purchased the textbook from a seller through Barnes & Noble's website. Barnes & Noble should have full authority over their customers' experience on the website, in their stores, anything that involves their brand. Reading the other reports on this site and on Facebook, this type of indifference is the Barnes & Noble customer experience.

I bought a Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ about 2 1/2 years ago for more than $200, in addition to several other accessories totaling about $100. Not long after, the tablet suffered a 99% boot-up/white screen event, which has already been described by several other Nook HD purchasers in this website. The solution to the problem offered by B & N's online help desk got my Nook going again, but it also made every byte of data stored on the device disappear forever. Not long after that, the charge cord would not work to charge the device, even after being plugged in for days! I carefully checked every connection, and the cord still often wouldn't work. About a year ago, I bought a 32 GB sd card to expand memory, and I never could get that to work despite following installation instructions to the letter and trying every trick suggested by B & N and Nook+ owners who have written in to the company's chat line.

Now my device just sits around with a black screen, incapable of being turned on. Is it any wonder B & N stopped selling these rectangular pieces of shit? (The wonder that remains is why the company still sells tablets made by Samsung, which is the outfit that made all Nook devices. Have you heard that Samsung tablets all over the world are erupting in flames? They're now banned from in-flight use by every airline in the world!) Well, so much for B & N electronics. In fact, so much for everything that B&N sells-- I've had enough this company!

Nook HD does not support movies on their device. They require you to download CinemaNow or Disney movies anytime for movies I've already purchased and thought was downloaded onto my Nook. Major issue: customer support makes you wait 1-5 days for a validation code email to transfer your movies in order to view from your Nook. After 3 weeks, no email and numerous calls to their customer service puts you in a never ending loop of no support. The email address they gave me to send my complaint to is invalid. I reconfirmed the email three times to make sure I got it right and tried different combinations to no avail (**... using variations and periods in between and combinations or name and executive office, etc. They basically gave me a bad email address).

After calling for the 4th time, I finally got a 'supervisor' that gave me a validation code then hung up on me saying her job was done and I now had to follow up with CinemaNow because some of the movies I already paid for did not transfer and they did not provide credit. Disney movies anywhere that Nook support told me to call, sent me an email after a few attempts of email support that they do not have an app that support the Nook. (WTF???) Problem with Nook, no technical support... I can't download CinemaNow on my Nook because I don't have enough memory to download their app on my Nook. I have a Nook HD with scan disk though I should be able to download a whole lot of stuff but then again... no Nook support for viewing movies on my Nook. I have 3 children and I purchase a lot of gift cards as well as receive them as gifts.

I will now ask that no Barnes and Noble gift cards be given to my children. Barnes and Noble does not stand behind their product. I've purchased a few movies with plenty of space on my Nook to view but I can't watch any of them now. You would think if you purchase something for download onto your Nook which is why you pay extra for HD and scan disk option, that when you buy a movie it will be downloaded onto that device and thus be able to enjoy as long as the life of the Nook. This is a crime. Barnes and Noble are misleading in their advertising and promotions and taking advantage of consumers. This is not right. Someone please help!

Paid four dollars for coffee never received. I was treated with no respect by a cashier at Barnes & Noble bookstore. Was my first visit, his name was Calen **. I paid almost five dollars for two cups of coffee. I never received a rip off right to my face. Yes they're at the Mayfair shopping mall in Wilmington NC. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!

Barnes & Noble Company Profile