Barnes & Noble
3.99/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Barnes & Noble

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Barnes & Noble Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had a horrible experience with customer service representatives via phone because they were very hard to understand BUT once I emailed them, within a few hours, I was able to get started on returning my defective Nook e-reader.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a DVD from them and after it had not arrived a week after expected I contacted the company using the online chat. I explained that my package was never delivered and they said according to their records it was shipped and may have been lost in the process. I assume it was stolen off my front porch as it is Christmas time. The representative promptly offered to replace my item at no charge. I appreciated their flexibility and am very pleased with the experience. I will continue to order from them for years to come.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I enjoy going to B&N to find a new book. Something about sifting through the selection to find just the right one. The only issue is that sometimes if I look on Amazon the books are cheaper. It will be sad if books stores disappear someday.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Last September I placed an order through Amazon, which went through Barnes and Noble, for the purchase of Nickelodeon’s “Rocko’s Modern Life” complete series DVD. After the order had been placed, I was informed that it would take them almost two weeks to deliver the DVD. I was a little miffed, but I figured that Rocko went off the air in the late 1990’s. I could hold out for two more weeks. Less than a week later I received a package from some company delicately named Blow It Outta’ Here.

Having never ordered anything from any company that boasted blowing things out of places, I reluctantly opened the package to find a brand new DVD of the 1974 movie “Zandy’s Bride” featuring Gene Hackman and Liv Ullmann. So, naturally I was confused. This was not the company I ordered my DVD from. This DVD was a post civil war drama about a settler and his mail order bride trying to scratch out a simple living in the harsh American wilderness, not the fun-loving adventures of a 90’s wallaby and his colorful friends. The only thing that seemed remotely similar to my order was the fact that it was a DVD. So, basically, “kudos” to Blow It Outta’ Here for getting that right, I suppose.

After several emails I eventually got Blow It Outta Here to refund my money, provided I return the DVD to them. Being the type of person who likes adventure, I packaged up Zandy’s Bride and promptly returned it to the address they provided. It should be noted that they did pay for the postage, but, as of today, a week later, no refund. But, I’m optimistic. I figure life can throw some pretty weird stuff at you sometimes and the only defense we have against the indifference of massive corporations is good natured optimism. And then I thought, hey you throw a Steer and a turtle in there and I am Rocko! So, refund or no I would like to thank Amazon, Barns and Nobel and Blow It Outta’ Here for helping me pay tribute to Rocko in a weird sort of twisted way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

❌❌NEVER BUY FROM BARNES AND NOBLE WEBSITE.❌❌ I ordered my book and access codes for school a MONTH ago! $300!! They took the full the $300 for both items out of my account, gave me an arrived date (before ordering) so I ordered them two weeks before I started school back. I received my book within a week, money came out of my account, no problem. My access code on the other hand, the money went back into my account and the site says “being processed”. It was suppose to arrive on October 8 (which is why I ordered it). I get an email the WEEK before the 8th stating it wouldn’t be here until the 14th.

So I call Barnes and Noble to cancel the item since it has NOT been shipped yet because I cannot wait that long. They then tell me they cannot cancel the item and I have to wait until it arrives for me to return it. As well as the money coming out of my account when it ships. I even spoke to a manager. She told me the same thing. So I looked at my account that same day and they took $114 out of my account the same day I talked to them on the phone. I waited and waited, even checked the status online.

The following week, the $114 gets returned BACK to my account. So I call again wondering if they actually got the ordered canceled and they proceed to tell me that they don’t know why it did that but the money won’t come out of my account until it ships. (May I remind you the order status online still says arriving October 8.) So I wait a few more days, I call again today to see where my package is considering online status still say “being processed”. They proceed to tell me they don’t know when it will be shipped at all and I will just continue to have to wait and still no way to cancel the order.

I have never in my life seen a company that cannot cancel an order when it has NOT left their facility yet!! I have no clue when to expect that $114 to come out of my account. And on top of that, it will NOT be here on the 14th like the email had said. I cannot wait because my temporary access code expires in the next few days! Now I have to spend ANOTHER $90 to buy another access code because I cannot wait! Plus I do not know when the $114 will come out of my account again!!! I'M NEVER ORDERING FROM THEIR ONLINE SERVICE AGAIN!!! No one can help you with anything!!! No one can tell you anything!!! And they keep taking money out of my account and putting it back in there!!! If anyone knows anything more I can do, please feel free to comment!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barnes and Noble?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I ordered a textbook on the 28th of August and was told it would arrive by the 6th. The arrival time kept getting pushed back (I believe at least three times). I decided to order the textbook from another site. I go to the Barnes and Noble website today, September 13th to cancel my order and it still hasn’t even shipped and come to find out it’s out of stock. Why not notify me of that in your emails? Thank you for at least giving me the option to cancel my order.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I pre-ordered an item from Barnes & Noble in its limited edition form. The day it was scheduled to ship, BN had some sort of problem processing my card. Instead of calling, they cancelled the order and sent an automated email. I called customer service to un-cancel the order, and they'd already shipped all limited edition items to other people. No phone call, even though a phone number is required with every order. Now the item will not arrive on time, and it's not the version I hoped for. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I ordered a book whilst in the States two weeks before I left as it said that it would be a 2-3 day delivery time. As my departure date drew close (1 week), I reached out to them to see whether it would arrive in time. I didn't receive a reply for 4 days and by then they said that the book was already in transit. Reached out again twice with no reply for days. In total the book took almost 3 weeks to deliver and I was gone by the time it arrived.

I contacted them again after this to request a refund. I have now written 5 e-mails over the span of 2 weeks, with every e-mail response requesting the information I had sent in the last e-mail. Just going around and around in circles and still no resolution. It's like drawing blood from a stone to get anywhere with these people. Clearly only interested in a sale and not customer service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Don't buy B&N. Barnes & Noble washes its hands of the transgressions of its 3rd party sellers. You can only interface with B&N, but when something goes wrong they shift the blame to some invisible third party. Maybe I can't legally blame them because of what I agreed to when I bought the book, but I can at least come here and say that an 8-14 day shipping window has turned into a month, potentially. I wonder if anybody is even obligated to deliver a book at this point.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I ordered two pens from Barnes & Noble and they arrived perfectly fine and within a good time frame. I also ordered a 5-piece Body Scrub and Butter set as a gift for my mom. The order kept being delayed and then after about 2 weeks the order was canceled. I was just confused because my other two items arrived fine, but then this just never even delivered. I was pretty disappointed. I even texted a customer service employee, and although she did update me that it would still take time to be delivered, it didn't even reach that stage.

Barnes & Noble Company Information