1.12/5

40 Armani Exchange Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I placed 3 orders for shoes and clothes from Armani Exchange on a Saturday only to receive emails from them on Monday saying 2 of my orders has been deleted! I phoned their customer helpline and was told one of my orders had shipped already but with the others there was a problem that they sometimes have with card payments - he recommended I try again with PayPal!

I managed to find most of the items again and reordered on Monday. This morning (Wednesday) the order status for all changed to ‘shipped’. 2 hours later I received emails that all orders had been deleted as the items were found no longer available. In the meantime they’ve held over 1000 on my card which will take 4-6 days to refund.

This operation is either grotesquely incompetent or there is something untoward as it seems from reading other reviews a common occurrence that they charge for non-existent goods and then cancel the orders later and refund. I will never order online with these cowboys again and am amazed that Armani are damaging their brand by having such a dreadful online business (that most companies mastered a decade ago).

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a pair of jeans from Armani Exchange in Oakridge Mall, Vancouver. While I was wearing it, I noticed my hands turn blue and later when I put it into a bucket of the water. It turned the whole bucket of water into deep blue. Do you expect to buy something like this from AX? The dye can pose hazard to customers with skin problems too.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I made a purchase as a gift and upon receiving a tracking #, I have yet to receive the order or refund, I was told an investigation would take 10 business days and continue to get the runaround. You would think a company as big as they claim to be would respond in a different manner. I want everyone to know do not order online from them, I will never purchase from them again, they have lost a customer for good.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

On 2/14, placed an online order for approx. $400 of merchandise. Transaction went through. Received an email verification and order number from AX: "Your order, placed on 02-14-2018, has been confirmed. The Order Number assigned to your purchase is **. You may check the status of your order by entering the Order Number in the My Order section of our Customer Care area."

The next day, I received an AX email saying they canceled the order: "We'd like to inform you that your order ** and the related credit card transaction have been canceled. We hope to see you soon our Online Store. Thank you, Armaniexchange.com" What? Why? I emailed their customer service, and did not get a response. Eight hours later, I called AX customer service, and rep Chris said that Payment Processing cancelled the order for security reasons. Maybe because my ship address and billing address were different? That's still no reason to cancel without any contact. I asked if he could reinstate the order? NO. "Ok, then can you create a new order for me, using the previous order, so I don't have to reenter everything?" (Spent two hours shopping and checking out.) NO.

So, called my credit card company, and they verified that the transaction was approved. I could see the pending amount set aside for AX. The Capital One rep called AX, with me on the line, and spoke to AX PP dept. Same vague and obscure answers again from AX. The credit rep confirms with the AX rep that the transaction is approved. The AX rep says someone will reach out to me by 5 pm. Also advises me to use another credit card.

Later, I get another email: "We are sorry to inform you that we have been obligated to cancel your order **. Following standard verification procedures, our bank was not able to approve the payment transaction. As a solution we invite you to select a different payment method if you wish to place a new order. The payment authorization was canceled at the same time as the order. Orders placed with Credit Card will only be charged when orders are actually shipped."

False! The charge is on my credit account and will not be removed until 2/19. AX CustCare reps all said same thing: Use another credit card. Well, why would I when the charge was approved? And, how do I know they will not cancel the order, because of shipping address or some other vague reason? The credit card rep was very helpful, and even offered that if I use another card, she would credit me the rewards miles. Now that is customer service, thank you Capital One.

I shared my experience with a friend who wears a lot of AX. He said he never shops online with AX anymore, because of bad customer service. Well, this experience has left me not wanting to give AX any of my money and business. Such absolute unprofessional service. Their executive leaders have a lot of work to do to turn this around, based on similar experiences and reviews I see here on Consumer Affairs and other sites. The best way to get companies to provide better service is to stop spending money with them. When they start losing money, then they'll have to improve or go out of biz.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a Shirt for my husband on his birthday. But the ordered product and the received product looked totally different. When contacted customer care, shared the ordered pictures and received ordered they did not care for customer satisfaction. The website was misleading on availability. Whatever...! It ruined my surprise, also my plans on my husband's birthday.

I ordered a shirt for my husband as a Christmas gift and was wishing to see him wearing that. I trusted these people and did not care on size. Again, the whole day went disappointed as I noticed after gifting that I ordered for size S but received XL. This is ridiculous. I Will NEVER buy from Armani again. 0% personal satisfaction. Would never recommend others too. Don't ever buy online with ARMANI. They will never understand customers' emotions and importance for the orders placed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armani Exchange?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a leather jacket on Cyber Monday because they had a great sale on their site. My original order was for a dark navy blue leather jacket which I settled for because the black one for some reason was regular price ($650.) Later on that day I go back onto the site, only to see that now the black leather jacket was also on sale for half off. I called them to see if they'd be able to switch the colour since the order was still processing, the rep that I spoke with informed me that unfortunately they're unable to change an order once it's in process so I would have to re-order the item and return the blue one once I received it. Okay, not ideal but the second order was placed, so now I have two orders for the same jacket but two days later I receive an email stating that both my orders were cancelled.

I called customer service and no one was able to give me a straight answer, I was informed that I would receive a call or email from their payments dept to inform me why the orders were cancelled. 2 days pass and I hadn't received a call or email so I call them back, still no one is able to let me know why the orders were cancelled. The next day I receive an email simply stating that if I'd like to repurchase the item, I'd be able to do so, the only issue is that now the jacket is regular price so I go ahead and ask if I'd be able to get a price adjustment if I place the order again. They responded that they wouldn't be able to give me a discount code, but I can place the order once again at full price and when the item ships, they'd issue me a refund for the price adjustment. Once again, NOT ideal, but I went ahead and placed the item once again.

A few days later I receive ANOTHER email stating that the order was cancelled due to an issue with my PayPal shipping address. I use PayPal all the time and never have issues with my billing or shipping addresses. At this point I was fed up and sent them an angry email stating that they must not want my money and I will take my business elsewhere. Miraculously, the next morning, as if there were no issues with my order whatsoever, I receive a shipping confirmation email and the following day I received the jacket.

I honestly feel as if they put the 50% Cyber Monday sale just to generate some traffic on their site but didn't want to sell a $650 for $325. Luckily I had the email stating that they would issue a refund once the item shipped so when I called, they had no choice but to honour the reduced price. Terrible experience, their customer service was no help, never going to place an order with them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I placed my order online on the Thanksgiving Day, and until now 10 days (6 business days) my order is still in processing? I called the customer services and they said that is the warehouse. They have high volume of order, I called the first time last Friday and they say my order should be ship by Monday so I checked again today (Monday) and it still processing so I called them again, I still get the same answer, and now they told me to wait for another week (but still not sure if it will be ship!!!). When I asked to speak with her manager she refused to transfer my call by letting me know they don't have the answer for when my order is shipping too. I don't know how many order they received on Thanksgiving but I also placed 2 orders from Macy and they arrived on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I used to love Armani Exchange, but this will be my last order with AX.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My boyfriend and I decided to check the Armani at the Chicago Outlet. We felt curious (first time experience). There was a Hispanic lady who was kind, a guy he was kind, and then a rude lady who was disrespectfully staring me down and up on me as judging me and in disapproval of me. At the same time that same lady was also unprofessional on her demeanor with my boyfriend and having the conversation too personal. I never felt treated like this in any other store. Seeing many negative reviews about this company makes me never put a foot on any Armani ever. I feel bad for the good employees they have (they seem a few).

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

Armani Exchange must be going out of business or else they will not be refusing returns even within the time limits. This brand is going out because of its clothes' poor quality material, lousy cuts, very high price compare to Zara, H&M, and Forever 21, but also for its juvenile like sales people and managers. The Costa Mesa store has a wild cat named Sara who likes to bite customers. Then there are other juveniles who don't even have names because they are not required to wear name tags and can always do juvenile things without being held accountable. You have to take the security of the mall to the store when you want to have a simple communication because these low class sales people have been raised in dirt and have no means of communicating politely. Stay out of this store. It has nothing to contribute. And I am taking them to court.:) If you don't have a court case, write to California Attorney General's office and complain.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I want to let you know as a woman I am appalled at the management of your Eaton Centre Location. Jag I think was his name. Just because you have a title doesn't mean you have the right to be rude and condescending to customers when they have a question, or a return. As a female you don't want to be gawked at, while you're shopping. I have been to this location many times and the service is horrible. Rude staff that would rather talk amongst themselves than help a customer unless the customer gives them a look of sorts. But now I refuse to ever go back. I am myself am a veteran of the retail industry and let me tell you a cleanup is needed. The customer service skills are not present at all. My husband nor I will ever shop with your company again until you evaluate your frontline service crew at this location, sit in the mall and see what actually goes on, just watch. Lack of service and dirty looks are not what you stand for I hope.

Armani Exchange Company Information