2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.2/5 (62 ratings)

About Armani Exchange

Armani Exchange Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armani Exchange?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armani Exchange?

Original review: May 19, 2021

My name is Dana **, and I would like to lodge a formal complaint regarding the rude treatment, and racist profiling, I experienced at the hands of two of your employees and the store manager on the 05/17/ 2021 at approximately 12:00 pm (the transaction number **) store number 433: Armani Exchange Store located at Clarksburg Premium Outlet. I felt embarrassed as I was in full uniform being treated like a criminal. This particular event took me by shock because in all my life I have NEVER been profiled and followed around any establishment as if; I was a thief.

As I wandered around the store looking for items for my daughter, I immediately noticed that two of the sales ladies were forwarding me around the store. Now if they were providing assistance that would have been great but unfortunately that was not the case especially if I was in an area of the store where their view was restricted or limited the ladies would be there watching. So I stepped back and watched other customers that were not ** in color enter the store without any problem as they were free to shop without the pressure of being watched or followed.

I gathered my items and headed to the cash register to finalize my purchase, the situation bothered me so bad, I asked the male cashier (HFEHOO) if it is store policy to make the customer feel uncomfortable while they shop or, "If it is just your ** customers that you make feel uncomfortable." Either way this is UNACCEPTABLE. The young gentleman was extremely apologetic. Once I paid for my items I asked the young gentleman was their manager on duty and could I get the corporate information so that I could lodge a complaint. He stated “yes”, I spoke to Ms. **, and explained what had happened and even pointed out two ** couples that were inside the establishment that were free to shop without harassment or being followed. The manager turned her back to me as if I was being dismissed and immediately started back organizing the belt on the wall unit near the register as she stated “I’m sorry you feel that way”,

I have been shopping at this store since they opened and am extremely upset and most of all embarrassed by these events. I hope that this letter explains my feelings and disappointment with what has occurred with your staff, I hope that this never happens to anyone else while shopping in this establishment. These ladies along with the store manager need diversity training, for a better understanding that ALL ** do not steal and I hope that corrective measures are taken swiftly. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Thanks in advance for taking time out of your schedule to read this complaint.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

The Armani Exchange customer service team is abysmal. I placed and order 15 days ago with the correct address and it was not delivered. When I reached out, they asked me to check with my neighbors, even though the tracking said it was never delivered. Now they’re holding my refund hostage saying they need to confirm the package gets returned by UPS before they can give me my money back. When I expressed my frustration, no one even pretended to care.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I placed an online order at approx. 10 am. Immediately after submitting the order I realized I forgot to input a discount code that I had received for signing up to receive email from the site. Right away I called the store and explained the situation. I was directed to send the email with the discount information via email. Six hours later I received an email stating discount codes cannot be applied after an order is submitted. I called the store to inquire about the email and was told the same.

I requested to cancel the order and was told it had already been processed and my only option was to return the order once I receive it. I explained to the cust. svc. rep. that had I been told this during my initial call 6 hours earlier, I could've cancelled at that time and re-ordered the items using the discount. I asked to speak to a manager and was given an excuse as to why I could not. I have never received such poor customer service. I have made many purchases from Armani Exchange in the past, but they have just lost a customer.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I ordered a jacket off of the Armani Exchange website on 11/13/19. 30 minutes after I ordered the jacket, I got an email saying that my ordered was deleted and that the related credit card transaction had been cancelled. Then when I contacted customer service they said they were obligated to cancel the order for "standard verification procedures" based off my card. So if there were problems with my card, why did you guys allow me to purchase the hoodie in the first place?! It makes no sense.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I placed 3 orders for shoes and clothes from Armani Exchange on a Saturday only to receive emails from them on Monday saying 2 of my orders has been deleted! I phoned their customer helpline and was told one of my orders had shipped already but with the others there was a problem that they sometimes have with card payments - he recommended I try again with PayPal!

I managed to find most of the items again and reordered on Monday. This morning (Wednesday) the order status for all changed to ‘shipped’. 2 hours later I received emails that all orders had been deleted as the items were found no longer available. In the meantime they’ve held over 1000 on my card which will take 4-6 days to refund.

This operation is either grotesquely incompetent or there is something untoward as it seems from reading other reviews a common occurrence that they charge for non-existent goods and then cancel the orders later and refund. I will never order online with these cowboys again and am amazed that Armani are damaging their brand by having such a dreadful online business (that most companies mastered a decade ago).

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a pair of jeans from Armani Exchange in Oakridge Mall, Vancouver. While I was wearing it, I noticed my hands turn blue and later when I put it into a bucket of the water. It turned the whole bucket of water into deep blue. Do you expect to buy something like this from AX? The dye can pose hazard to customers with skin problems too.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I made a purchase as a gift and upon receiving a tracking #, I have yet to receive the order or refund, I was told an investigation would take 10 business days and continue to get the runaround. You would think a company as big as they claim to be would respond in a different manner. I want everyone to know do not order online from them, I will never purchase from them again, they have lost a customer for good.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

On 2/14, placed an online order for approx. $400 of merchandise. Transaction went through. Received an email verification and order number from AX: "Your order, placed on 02-14-2018, has been confirmed. The Order Number assigned to your purchase is **. You may check the status of your order by entering the Order Number in the My Order section of our Customer Care area."

The next day, I received an AX email saying they canceled the order: "We'd like to inform you that your order ** and the related credit card transaction have been canceled. We hope to see you soon our Online Store. Thank you, Armaniexchange.com" What? Why? I emailed their customer service, and did not get a response. Eight hours later, I called AX customer service, and rep Chris said that Payment Processing cancelled the order for security reasons. Maybe because my ship address and billing address were different? That's still no reason to cancel without any contact. I asked if he could reinstate the order? NO. "Ok, then can you create a new order for me, using the previous order, so I don't have to reenter everything?" (Spent two hours shopping and checking out.) NO.

So, called my credit card company, and they verified that the transaction was approved. I could see the pending amount set aside for AX. The Capital One rep called AX, with me on the line, and spoke to AX PP dept. Same vague and obscure answers again from AX. The credit rep confirms with the AX rep that the transaction is approved. The AX rep says someone will reach out to me by 5 pm. Also advises me to use another credit card.

Later, I get another email: "We are sorry to inform you that we have been obligated to cancel your order **. Following standard verification procedures, our bank was not able to approve the payment transaction. As a solution we invite you to select a different payment method if you wish to place a new order. The payment authorization was canceled at the same time as the order. Orders placed with Credit Card will only be charged when orders are actually shipped."

False! The charge is on my credit account and will not be removed until 2/19. AX CustCare reps all said same thing: Use another credit card. Well, why would I when the charge was approved? And, how do I know they will not cancel the order, because of shipping address or some other vague reason? The credit card rep was very helpful, and even offered that if I use another card, she would credit me the rewards miles. Now that is customer service, thank you Capital One.

I shared my experience with a friend who wears a lot of AX. He said he never shops online with AX anymore, because of bad customer service. Well, this experience has left me not wanting to give AX any of my money and business. Such absolute unprofessional service. Their executive leaders have a lot of work to do to turn this around, based on similar experiences and reviews I see here on Consumer Affairs and other sites. The best way to get companies to provide better service is to stop spending money with them. When they start losing money, then they'll have to improve or go out of biz.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a Shirt for my husband on his birthday. But the ordered product and the received product looked totally different. When contacted customer care, shared the ordered pictures and received ordered they did not care for customer satisfaction. The website was misleading on availability. Whatever...! It ruined my surprise, also my plans on my husband's birthday.

I ordered a shirt for my husband as a Christmas gift and was wishing to see him wearing that. I trusted these people and did not care on size. Again, the whole day went disappointed as I noticed after gifting that I ordered for size S but received XL. This is ridiculous. I Will NEVER buy from Armani again. 0% personal satisfaction. Would never recommend others too. Don't ever buy online with ARMANI. They will never understand customers' emotions and importance for the orders placed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a leather jacket on Cyber Monday because they had a great sale on their site. My original order was for a dark navy blue leather jacket which I settled for because the black one for some reason was regular price ($650.) Later on that day I go back onto the site, only to see that now the black leather jacket was also on sale for half off. I called them to see if they'd be able to switch the colour since the order was still processing, the rep that I spoke with informed me that unfortunately they're unable to change an order once it's in process so I would have to re-order the item and return the blue one once I received it. Okay, not ideal but the second order was placed, so now I have two orders for the same jacket but two days later I receive an email stating that both my orders were cancelled.

I called customer service and no one was able to give me a straight answer, I was informed that I would receive a call or email from their payments dept to inform me why the orders were cancelled. 2 days pass and I hadn't received a call or email so I call them back, still no one is able to let me know why the orders were cancelled. The next day I receive an email simply stating that if I'd like to repurchase the item, I'd be able to do so, the only issue is that now the jacket is regular price so I go ahead and ask if I'd be able to get a price adjustment if I place the order again. They responded that they wouldn't be able to give me a discount code, but I can place the order once again at full price and when the item ships, they'd issue me a refund for the price adjustment. Once again, NOT ideal, but I went ahead and placed the item once again.

A few days later I receive ANOTHER email stating that the order was cancelled due to an issue with my PayPal shipping address. I use PayPal all the time and never have issues with my billing or shipping addresses. At this point I was fed up and sent them an angry email stating that they must not want my money and I will take my business elsewhere. Miraculously, the next morning, as if there were no issues with my order whatsoever, I receive a shipping confirmation email and the following day I received the jacket.

I honestly feel as if they put the 50% Cyber Monday sale just to generate some traffic on their site but didn't want to sell a $650 for $325. Luckily I had the email stating that they would issue a refund once the item shipped so when I called, they had no choice but to honour the reduced price. Terrible experience, their customer service was no help, never going to place an order with them again.

Armani Exchange Company Information