LifeLock

The LifeLock Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.8/5 (3568 ratings)

About LifeLock

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

Pros

• Variety of plans
  • Remediation available
  • Industry leader

Cons

• Prices change after the first year

Bottom Line

LifeLock provides identity theft protection and monitoring services. The company is an industry leader and offers three different package options.

LifeLock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I have been a Lifelock customer for years. I received an email renewal special for 239.99 for Ultimate Plus, but I had to call in to get it. Two different calls, totalling over one hour and the support team will charge me 339.99. I asked several times to talk to a supervisor and rep was unwilling to transfer. I offered to forward the email to them, but they said no. This is true bait and switch. I wonder if they get a bonus on renewal dollars?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I denied a Lowe's credit card and was denied because I was deceased. Someone at one time was using my identity. Norton's help desk had me on hold for 45 minutes and they couldn't help me, I was put on hold a couple of times and my problem was never resolved. I told them I wanted to cancel them and they continued to pull out of my account. I'm still struggling to get my money back. Up to today, my problem hasn't been resolved. Help desk is the worst I've ever had to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have been a member of LifeLock for many. The service has gone terribly downhill. I recently had to call regarding a monitoring issue. The email I received, as well as the "red" alerts on my account on the website clearly stated my accounts were not being monitored because they were no longer connected. I called multiple times since I was unable to reconnect them myself on the website.

Since they joined with Norton I find the website has not been as user friendly. Not one agent was able to help me. They each read from a "dialogue" giving me the same instructions even though I kept telling them I DID THAT ALREADY. And at the end of the conversation each one said "It must mean your accounts are connected". REALLY!!! Can they be the any more incompetent. I finally was able to correct the problem myself and magically I received over 100 alerts dating from the last date they monitored to yesterday. I was unable to escalate my concerns to a supervisor. I am appalled at the incompetence. Needless to say I cancelled my subscription.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

LifeLock has always been proactive for me. They notify me anytime someone tries to open a credit card in my name without my permission. I highly recommend LifeLock to everyone for personal use and for their businesses.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

LifeLock is great. I had my identity stolen for several years not knowing until the person had late payments and the company contacted us we then found out. Life lock warns us of every activity that takes place on our credit.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Great for people who need help. Always there to help out if you need help with different topics. Knowing you're protected is a plus. Makes me feel good and safe. A lot of people don't know about this and should.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I have LifeLock thru Norton and I always enjoy going thru it to see how I can improve myself. I love dealing with Norton, I rate them as the best company for customer service and also for results with software.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Earlier this year my bank account was hacked and all of the money transferred from my Checking/Savings and Daughters Checking account into our Business account. ACH's were set up from there to be sent to 3rd parties. Luckily my wife happened upon this as it was actually happening because she was unable to log into one of the accounts and thought that was strange. While she was on the phone with Chase I thought to call LifeLock to see if there was anything they could do on their side, but there are no phone numbers to call.

I could not believe that all of these transfers could take place on accounts that were being monitored by LifeLock without a single alert and I could not get in touch with anyone. Luckily Chase was able to stop everything and we set up new accounts with new ATM and Credit Cards, and then the next day because I set up new accounts I got an alert from LifeLock that my accounts were no longer receiving daily updates which told me why they were useless. Additionally, after you sign up you are barraged with upgrades that Norton keeps trying to sell to you. I even receive solicitations to the same email that I am registered with LifeLock to sign up for LifeLock. Horrible, horrible, horrible

Original review: June 27, 2021

This company offers nothing that the others, and any computer produced since 2010, don't also offer. It has deceptive billing practices and it is hard to extricate one's self from a recurring charge. The customer service center is obviously in Southeast Asia and the workers read from scripts.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I love LifeLock for my credit monitoring and reporting needs. No matter how often I check, I am always satisfied with the overall report. I also like when LifeLock alerts me on new entries and reports to me who initiated the report. It also makes me aware of changes to my credit report file on all three credit reporting companies.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I tried to purchase Norton LifeLock to start better monitoring my credit. I paid for their NORTON 360 with LIFELOCK Advantage for $24.00 mo/. The charges were authorized by my bank, but Norton will NOT provide a service. I've called 5x and they've told me that my account was on HOLD, but my bank told me it was authorized and they have my money. No one seems to have answers even when I talk to a supervisor. I feel completely robbed.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Called the other day to ask a question and the lady kept evading my inquiry by try to upgrade my subscription. I asked to speak to someone in the US, she left me on hold for a few minutes and then informed me there wasn't anyone in the US to talk to me. I promptly told her I was cancelling my account. Be aware they will not refund any money if you have monthes left. Definitely not the same company I initially signed up with. Very disappointed with their business practices.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Over the last several months Lifelock has rejected my password. I submit for a reset password, put in the same password and sometimes it lets me in and most recently has locked me out of my account. Was on the phone for two hours yesterday with three different customer service reps (all of which had poor English). Each one told me to reset my password. One gave me a case number. Finally got into my account after the 7th try.

Today, could not get into my account. Called again. Customer service rep said to reset my password. When I told her my account was locked, she said to work around this problem she would join my Norton internet security software with Lifelock. I objected because Lifelock expires in August 2021 and Norton expires next February. She then said to cancel the current Lifelock account and rejoin with a new account. I asked about the leftover months from the old account and was told I couldn't get a refund because it was over 180 days since I renewed Lifelock, but she would add the remaining time to the new Lifelock account. I asked what happens if my password is rejected again. She said I would have to call again. I couldn't stand having to deal with customer reps with bad English I could hardly understand, so I immediately cancelled my Lifelock.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I got my identity stolen a couple of years ago. So right then and there My husband and I joined LifeLock. Best decision I've ever made. Feel fully protected with them. Thank you Lifelock for always having my back.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Charging as much or more, and limiting services, agents available, and limiting hours of agents is not helpful to victims. It may keep your agents happy, but at your customers expense. Agents not reading closely the questions being asked is unhelpful. Agents also have attitude. Some helpful, others collecting a check and caring more about the check than the customer.

Original review: March 21, 2021

After paying my fee for decades, I encountered a first-time need to make an inquiry to LifeLock. I was meet with COVID excuses as to why I would need to wait for an unusually long time. After two days I received a bland, boilerplate response. When I have enough time to wait in a phone queue, I will be cancelling my account. Service Not Rendered.

Original review: March 20, 2021

So I signed up for Lifelock in February. Was denied access to my account for a month as a new customer. A month later I'm wondering why I'm paying this subscription. I call customer support. They asked me to confirm the color of a car without giving a VIN. This is after sharing address information with some random rep. Then, insisting that it had to be one of the options provided, he would not skip the question even though the public record it was drawn from was obviously incorrect. All were bad options or called on the consumer to tell a lie (that I didn't have the car). As a result the rep said I failed the authentication.

I then requested to cancel the account. Of course, they couldn't cancel since I "failed" the authentication. Starting to think I have identity issue as this is happening I call into account the integrity of the organization. 45 minutes wasted. And then appeared a charge for LifeLock on my bank account. Absolutely terrible service on all counts. Never will I do business with this company.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I received an alert about a credit hit that was not mine. This was the same alert that my credit card company alerted me to a day before. Since I was paying for LifeLock I set it to dispute the claim and they said they would look into it and call me when they needed more info or to go over the progress. After a while of not hearing anything, I called just to make sure that they didn't need something from me to proceed on this dispute. I was told when I called that they were still investigating and would contact me when they had more info. I was also told that "they tried to contact me several times before I called" which was a lie as I received no call or email from the company.

After some more time, I decided to look into the issue myself, spending several days hunting down information and calling and holding in order to figure out what happened and how to resolve it. It took a fair bit of time but I resolved the situation myself. I contacted LifeLock via their question for to ask why I still had heard nothing from them and why I had to take care of things myself and received no response.

Earlier this month, now more than 6 months later, I noticed that the disputed notification is STILL listed as disputed in my account so I contact them once again to ask what is the status of this and they told me to call them. I told the person that I don't have time to call them as I'm very busy during the workday and they can email or call me as they had previously said they would "when they had more info" on the dispute. I was told that the dispute has been resolved but I need to call them to go over it.

It seems that they simply can't be bothered to contact me despite saying that they would and forcing me to waste more time on hold and on the phones waiting to go over an issue that I resolved myself because they couldn't be bothered to do so. I don't know if I will bother to call in if I have free time during my work day or not, but the simple fact that a service that I pay for can't be bothered to contact me while I waste time resolving the issues that I'm paying them to help me with and then force me to be the one to reach out instead of doing so themselves is absurd.

Original review: March 8, 2021

We have been LifeLock subscribers for years and other than having to call them about a credit card being compromised (yes, we notified them), we have not needed their services. A couple of weeks ago, I received an email notification regarding exposure of a password on the dark web which prompted me to request a verification code to see the entire password. I was unable to receive a verification code from LifeLock. Online chat lead me to a link to subscribe to LifeLock before they would answer any questions which prompted me to call the 800 number where I waited over 45 minutes to speak with a representative who needed to be stopped from reading boilerplate paragraphs about the dark web and finally opened the first ticket.

I have spent numerous hours with LifeLock’s online chat, customer service department via their 800 number and after seven days via email—yes, it took them seven days to send an email (loaded with boilerplate information) that resolved nothing. The emails have lead nowhere (although for some unforeseen reason, they opened a second ticket for the same thing). After all this time, they cannot provide a verification code for me to view my password. How basic is this from a possible info sec breach perspective!?! I find myself questioning the value of LifeLock.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I appreciate all alerts. There is one that could be improved with additional info. I received alert that my email and at least one formerly used PW was discovered on the Dark Web as a coupled item. I changed almost all of my vulnerable passwords, but I need more info on how vulnerable keeping my email address is without hackers having access to current passwords.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I've been a member for years, and can't get Norton, I've asked about it several times and always get the same answer "We're working on it". I really???? We will be canceling before the end of March.... Your treatment of existing customers SUCKS!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I have contacted BBB about this company. They are a complete scam. They do not fulfill any of their policies, or customer service. My bank is also about to pursue action concerning their practices. It’s a shame to take advantage of people!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have had Lifelock for over 5 years and never had a problem until I installed Norton 360 on a new laptop. Now I have zero access to my account. Seems norton didn't like how lifelock and decided to improve on it! They did a great job because nothing works anymore. My wife has had lifelock as long as I have but I didn't put norton 360 on her computer so she still has full access to lifelock. Interesting, my renewal comes up in 30 days for both accounts and I'm curious to see how lifelock handles procedure. Question for me is why did a good company like lifelock get involved with a terrible company like norton?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My experience is that it costs money to protect your home, cars, life, and things of value. But if that is what protect, you are skipping the most important element: your identification. Lifelock sets roadblocks against what thieves will do with your info to ruin your finances and credit. And both are really your foundation to living. Lifelock offers a trial in which you may sign up and use all the protection they offer to assure that when your id is stolen (and you may not know that until it is too late) Lifelock will immediately notify you and take action to stop the steal and protect you from any further intrusion. Protect yourself.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Usually I don’t have any problems when I call. The last 2 times I haven’t been able to talk to an agent. I know the wait times are longer, but 5 minutes + seems excessive. I know everything is blamed on Covid, but the question is, do you have too few agents, or the people that are working from home are not really working? I am trying to upgrade based on an email I received.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I was a victim of identity theft and someone used my information to file a false claim of unemployment. I reached out to LifeLock as soon as I found out. After long hold time the person who answered the call did not seem to understand and kept asking questions that would relate to a different kind of fraud. Finally we got to what was needed and I was sent a fraud kit which includes documents that need to notarized. I spent a few days gathering all the info and having the documents notarized. The cover letter give me the first option to submit these documents which is through a secure client portal once signed in. I signed into my account and did not see a portal to upload documents. I called again and after a 30 min hold the person again did not understand what I was asking. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor told me that there is no such thing as a client portal to upload documents. When I asked why it is the first choice on the info sent to me he said it was "news to him." The fraud department was not open but I called them directly the next day. I was told by the person who answered that you only get a client portal once an case is opened and you can't open a case until they get the documents?? The person explained that because they open so many cases that people don't send in the documents they decided they will not open a case until the documents arrive. I asked, "Well this is what customers are paying for and if you have to open a case and close it after 30 days due to no paperwork what is the problem." They had no answer. After some time they started the process to open the case.

Basically they do not do anything about the case really. Don't get me wrong. They do offer some help in the sense of letting you know what YOU need to do but I thought I was paying for a service that helped you proactively combat identity theft. But that is wrong. They tell you what to do. You have to request documents. You have to put in the complaint to the agency involved. I explained I am concerned because I was told that the person who put in the unemployment claim requested direct deposit, meaning there may be an account open in my name somewhere. If abandoned may collect fees and cause a problem down the road. The solution is I request a report from another agency. They made a three way call to put a fraud alert on my credit report. The paperwork I am sending them is just so that if unemployment asks for the paperwork they will send the same paperwork to them.

I get fraud alerts faster from Credit Karma (free) and my bank. The alerts from LifeLock come a day or two later. But I always thought LifeLock is more about protection and advocacy for you when you are put in exactly this situation. While they are an organizing help I did 80% of what they suggested on my own because I was concerned about waiting for the paperwork to come through. There were a few other steps they recommended which I was happy they did so but in the end I had a very different understanding of the service they provide. Before you buy make sure you know what you are paying for and that you are really the one that has to put in the time and work to protect yourself without much help from LifeLock. I feel the now 2 hours of time spent just tying to get to a place where I can upload my documents could have been better spent requesting reports and doing my own investigation.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Long wait time to speak with agent, then got Indian who had very limited command of English and absolutely no understanding. Wasted time. If I ever had a claim, I suspect the customer service would be even worse. They need to hire some competent Americans. Indians seem to care less.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have been pleased with the monitoring of my accounts and personal information after having been exposed in the Equifax security breach about four years ago. I am much comfortable knowing I have Life Lock monitoring for possible ID theft or financial fraud. I check my alerts and for the first time on January 23, 2021 I had an alert that my personal information had been used to apply for a checking/savings account with JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I immediately responded to the alert that I had not made any application or ever dealt with JP Morgan/Chase. Life Lock started an investigation.

My only disappointment has been no follow-up communication from Life Lock about the investigation. I have used both telephone and online communication with Life Lock on additional measures I could take to better protect my financial and personal information. I received very good service and response to my inquiries and I have taken additional steps too for more security as a result.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Have been using computer apps for decades and this Norton-Lifelock Ultimate program and app simply does not work properly at all. Connections to transaction tracking sources are continually lost. The merger process is still not working after days of calls. Getting to tech support is impossible. Phone links are failing and "we are not authorized to make outgoing calls" to reconnect. Simply unbelievable. And this is a security product!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I purchased VPN service in December. I have had problems when VPN is turned on of it blocking a very well known and trusted national/worldwide site on 1 application. I personally have devoted nearly 4 hours on the phone/chats showing the problem while their techs were signed on to my computer. This does not count the time spent on emailing customer service, and time wasted turning VPN off and back on when I have the problem. I am once again waiting for a response from LifeLock/Norton. Most if not all of their technicians are offshore and it is hard to understand many of them, especially for me a senior citizen. I am very angry and disappointed with them at this point.

LifeLock Company Information