This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance provides health coverage for dogs and cats that can help significantly offset vet bills for pet owners. Insurance coverage is available for injuries or illness, and policyholders can use any licensed veterinarian of their choosing. A wellness plan is also available to stay ahead of your pet’s needs.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance offers sick and injured pet coverage for dogs and cats. If you insure your pet while they’re young, coverage is affordable and protects you against surprise vet bills.
- Covers prescription food
- Covers prescription supplements
- Affordable plans for young pets
- Customizable quotes
- Preventative care extra
- Expensive coverage for older pets
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
How does TrustedPals Pet Insurance work?
TrustedPals Pet Insurance keeps things simple by offering two plans, one for dogs and one for cats. Each plan provides the same coverage, but you can customize the annual benefit amount.
With TrustedPals insurance, you pay a monthly or annual fee for coverage. When your pet is ill or injured, you take them to your preferred veterinarian and send the bill to TrustedPals for reimbursement. You’re responsible for a copay and deductible, and TrustedPals pays the rest.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance Coverage
TrustedPals' policies cover:
- Sick/hurt pet vet visits and treatments
- Prescription medications
- Prescription food and supplements
TrustedPals does not cover:
- Preexisting conditions
- Nonprescription treatments, food and supplements
Hip dysplasia and cruciate ligament injuries are not covered for the first 12 months of your policy, but these conditions are covered after your first full year of coverage.
Preventative care, including wellness exams, nail trims and heartworm protection, is not covered unless you opt for the company’s add-on wellness plan.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance cost
TrustedPals' prices vary based on your chosen annual benefit, copay and deductible. There’s a simple quote tool on the company’s website that lets you adjust your plan until you’re satisfied with the quote.
We ran through a sample quote for a 3-year-old golden retriever mix. The website’s settings for our quote defaulted to a $250 deductible and 20% copay. You can then select an annual benefit amount to get your monthly premium cost. Here were the options:
TrustedPals’ monthly cost for a 3-year-old golden retriever mix
|Annual benefit||Monthly cost|
When we adjusted our sample dog’s age from 3 to 12, the price went up significantly. With the same $250 deductible and 20% copay, we received these quotes:
TrustedPals’ monthly cost for a 12-year-old golden retriever mix
|Annual benefit||Monthly cost|
You can opt to pay monthly or annually, but we saw no discount for annual payments. Service dogs get a 5% discount on their premium.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance FAQ
- Does TrustedPals offer any discounts?
- Yes, there are a few discounts you can take advantage of from TrustedPals. Any of the following qualifies you for a 5% discount on your premium.
- Service animal discount
- Multi-pet discount
For pet owners:
- Active military personnel and veterans
- First responders
- Veterinary students
- Veterinary clinic employees
- Does TrustedPals Pet Insurance cover preexisting conditions?
- No. Like most pet insurance companies, TrustedPals does not cover preexisting conditions.
- What is TrustedPals Pet Insurance’s cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your TrustedPals insurance by calling customer service.
- Does TrustedPals provide preventative care?
- TrustedPals’ pet insurance plans do not include preventative care, but the company offers a wellness program for an additional fee. The wellness program covers services like teeth cleaning, spaying or neutering, flea and tick prevention and vaccines.
Is TrustedPals Pet Insurance worth it?
TrustedPals Pet Insurance has a relatively low monthly fee for younger pets, and having an insurance plan can easily pay for itself with one or two large vet bills. Prices for older pets are more expensive but similar to what we’ve seen from other pet insurance companies. We recommend getting a quote from TrustedPals and comparing it to one or two competitors to make an informed decision.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance Company Information
- Company Name:
- TrustedPals Pet Insurance