It's that easy Request Information
4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1139 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I love and rely on this food. It's healthy and great for my dog, he also loves it. It has all that great meaty taste that he loves. His health has been great since I started to feed him Taste of the Wild (Dry dog food). I would encourage you to give your dog what he/she wants in their food.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My dog has only been exposed to this brand. It is not the more expensive kind of dog food, but I think that it is still pricey. I bought the salmon flavored kind thinking that it would be good for his coat. My dog's coat feels somewhat dry. You might want to add something to the food to take care of that issue.

Taste of the Wild response
What kind of dog do you have Judith? Dogs can have dry coats for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately just giving a dog salmon or fish oil does not necessarily mean that it will help. Just like you or I taking it. Dogs coats often change after being spayed/neutered. If you like feel free to contact us at https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us and we will be happy to help sort out the issue

Dr Heldman@Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Hello. My dog is using TOTW lamb for 2 years now. Recently I received a batch that had different form and colour and my dog developed like in 5 days allergy. After the vet decided to change the food another brand my dog is doing fine. I want to know if there is a problem only with this batch or you have changed the formula permanently. It is not ok that after 2 years of doing fine with this food to develop an instant allergy. This diagnosis is confirmed by blood test IgE. The site I ordered gave me a refund for the bag.

Taste of the Wild response
Sorry to hear about your dog's food allergies. As you know it is a result of the individual dog's immune system. The recipe hasn't changed. Food allergies can be very frustrating to treat since pets can become allergic to the protein sources they have eaten for years! If the reaction happens again, our new Prey line has limited ingredient recipes which can be a big help. In your case I think Prey trout might work very well. Feel free to contact us @ https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I've been feeding my miniature Australian Shepherd Taste of the Wild since she was a puppy. And it's been two years now. I use the lamb-flavored one. It's a decent brand and my dog likes it. I've had a positive experience with Taste of the Wild.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When we adopted our first dog, Ranger, we tried to feed him the brand of food that his foster family was giving him. He went almost 3 months without eating a full meal. We thought maybe he was sad that we took him from his home until a colleague told us about Taste of the Wild. She said it’s made of natural ingredients and that her dog loves it. She gave us a sample to bring home and our dog ate it down so fast that we were amazed! We have even switched up the flavors on our dog and he loves every single one! We give the puppy formula to our newest pup, and again, he chews it all up as fast as he can! We will never switch from Taste of the Wild as long as our dogs keep loving it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: July 31, 2018

Taste of the Wild is the only dog food we use and have used for years. It is an amazing healthy product or dogs love. I would recommend this product to anyone. We mainly use the board and salmon due to the high protein, our dogs go crazy for it.

Original review: July 31, 2018

It's the only the dog food we will buy for our dog who has a grain allergy. She wont even try other dogs food. She loves hers that much. Our pet store is the one that first recommended it to us when she was old enough to start eating adult dog food. We will never switch her to anything else.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Have fed both our dogs (Golden retriever and mini dachshund) Taste of the Wild for over seven years and both have been the epitome of health! Vet visits confirm healthy weight, coat and energy levels. Still to this day the dogs are excited and salivating for “dinner time”. Would recommend this product to any all consumers interested. :)

Original review: July 31, 2018

Have been very happy with the food, I have been using it for about 5 years. So far no recalls, and no other problems. I have 6 cats, and 5 of them are on this food (the sixth one is a diabetic and is on a prescription diet). I just wish more businesses would carry this brand!

Original review: July 31, 2018

My huskies are 11 months old they have been eating Taste of the Wild for about 11 months. I had asked around what they recommended at the pet store and TOTW was what they recommended for energy and because of my dogs’ coats. I use the puppy formula. Recently, I bought the purple bag but my dogs really didn't care for it, which was a surprise to me. Still, they loved the canned, wet food, which is their favorite. So far, they're doing good and their stomachs are well. TOTW is a little expensive but my dogs like TOTW. Go ahead and have your pets try it.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Best food I’ve found for my Siberian huskies. They suffered from diarrhea with another brand of dog food. After many vet appointments and medication nothing improved. I decided to change to TOTW and the problem was solved! They love it and no longer have stomach issues. Their favorite flavor is the salmon. It makes for beautiful coats!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Taste of the Wild doesn’t have grains and it’s meat-based so it has mostly meat. And I've been using it for my pets for 4 years now. I have 2 mutts. One is mostly Blue Heeler and one is mostly Malamute, but they’re kind of Heinz 57 also. They're six-ish and they've spent most of their life on this food which I buy from a store. They’re always eating the same thing. It's a great product and we’re gonna keep our doggies on it till they kick it. Go ahead and try Taste of the Wild.

Original review: July 29, 2018

For years my Golden Retriever suffered for horrible skin allergies. She was miserable... The only solution the vet had was ** and steroids... and that wasn't an option for me. We tried several foods and within weeks of trying Taste of the Wild Salmon formula, her skin had cleared up and she was a happy girl again. Years later, we would adopt another Golden that came to us with scabby, itchy skin... even though his former owners fed him the 'high end' stuff. Again, Taste of the Wild worked its magic. We will always be loyal to your company! Thank you!

Original review: July 29, 2018

I have a German Wirehair, a German Shorthair, a Blue Heeler, and a Toy Poodle. I like Taste of the Wild and I've been using this brand for my dogs for about four years now. They like it.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We just got a puppy and we asked the people at the store which dog food would be recommended for him. We said that we wanted food that is healthier and not full of junk. They recommended Taste of the Wild. We’ve tried two different flavors of this food and he always scarfed it up so fast. We’ve had our boxer puppy, Kai, for three months now, but in the short amount of time that we've been feeding him with TOTW, he has definitely been very healthy. He has a very healthy coat and he is growing strong. So, we like TOTW.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I used Blue Buffalo before but my cats seemed to not care for it a whole lot anymore and they seemed to be indifferent to it, so I wanted to try something. One of my cats has kidney cancer and had lost quite substantial weight. He wasn’t eating as much, so I bought Taste of The Wild, the Venison and the Trout, for my cats. I like the ingredients of Taste of The Wild, the way it’s made, and the explanation on it. It didn’t take a lot of time for me to switch the cats over to a different food. I give them wet and dry and they seem to like that. I use different brands of wet food, including Taste of The Wild. I pre-feed the dry food and then each cat gets a can of cat food at night. Except for the cat with cancer, all my cats are now fat and healthy.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I had a cat with an allergy so I started using Taste of The Wild. My other cats and dogs also like Taste of The Wild products and they won't eat anything else now. My two other cats have been on it exclusively forever since we had them. And they both have beautiful coats. We now have a kitten who has been eating the wet food and he's put on about two pounds. When we got him, he was abused and underweight. We’ve had him two weeks now and he's reacting well to the wet food. I've had a really great experience with Taste of The Wild. I've been using it for 10 years and I'm very happy. So far, I've never had a reason to want to switch or to look elsewhere and I'm pretty particular about what I feed my animals.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We have a Lab mix and two little Maltese, Ann and Marky, and they all seem to really like Taste of the Wild. We needed a grain-free, so we started trying it and they've been having it for a couple of years now. It works well for them and we have two different flavors. Now, the Lab has a really shiny coat and it keeps her from getting itchy spots because of the grain-free. I would highly recommend Taste of the Wild.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We were trying to find something that wasn’t making my dog poop a whole bunch. She was on Science Diet and she was going around five times a day, so I tried to find something that didn’t have all the fillers in it. When my dog started using Taste of the Wild, she was only going a couple times a day but she didn’t care much for it and we ended up using a different brand.

Original review: July 25, 2018

When I got my Bully from the rescue he was on another brand's food which gave him horrible gas. I switched to TOTW Salmon. His gas decreased tremendously. His fur also started looking much better. It's also the only food that he prefers since he is picky about what he eats.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Our 18 month Miniature Schnauzer has finally found a food that she likes. We have been thru 5 brands with allergy issues or ones she simply would not eat. I like the different choices which keeps her interested. Currently she is eating the Southwest Canyon but also likes the High Prairie formula. We have compared the ingredients with other similar types and have them to be as good or better than most.

Original review: July 25, 2018

My dogs simply loves Taste of Wild and it's healthy for them... One can't eat chicken so it's a perfect blend. No chicken or chicken by products are contained in the beef. Healthy and nutritious. I recommend this beans to all dog owners. Also the incentive doesn't hurt... Buy 11 bags and get the 13th free.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Our dog is a year and a half old and we've been using Taste of the Wild since we got him. The people I got the dog from were feeding Taste of the Wild to them as puppies so we just kept with it. From what I hear, it's a good food for him to keep his weight and he's definitely full of energy. We started with salmon. Then I moved to the bison. But he didn't really like that as much so we went back to salmon. It's been a good food so we're staying with it. I would recommend it.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Taste of the Wild, wet or dry, is one of the best dog foods available. My Aussie and Chocolate lab were having digestive issues when I was referred to this brand. I didn’t do the suggested gradual switch often recommended by experts and there were no issues at all. 7 years later, my dogs are still happy and healthy!

Original review: July 24, 2018

My dog had skin allergies, and we were recommended to Taste of the Wild for their salmon formula. She loved it, and the fish oils in the food really seemed to help. However, a few months ago, she became sick from a new bag we opened. I cannot risk the health of my dog, so unfortunately, will never use Taste of the Wild again.

Taste of the Wild response
Sorry to hear your girl was ill. I trust she remains well. We are interested in learning why you thought the bag of food made her ill. If you presented her to a veterinarian for treatment I imagine they went through the differential diagnoses (possible causes) for getting sick? Feel free to contact us at https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us if we can help get to the bottom of what might have happened

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild

Original review: July 24, 2018

We rescued our dogs (sisters and littermates) over eight and a half years ago. Both had been very ill and had very temperamental digestive systems. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream was the only prepared, healthy and nutritious dog food they enjoyed and could tolerate. They have been thriving on Pacific Stream ever since!

Original review: July 24, 2018

My pets have been eating Taste of the Wild for over a decade. During that time, there have been food recalls for many other brands, but I am always confident that Taste of the Wild uses premium ingredients and has excellent quality assurance which results in 0 problems for my pets. I'm grateful for the loyalty program as well, since I have no intentions on switching anytime soon. I am proud to be a longtime customer and recommend Taste of the Wild products often. Thank you!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Canyon River Feline Formula with trout and salmon - My cats have been eating this formula for around 10 years. I have house cats as well as TNR cats that I feed this to. They are all healthy and happy, and just the right weight. I've gone online to make sure I'm doing the right thing, and was very happy with what I read about the Taste of the Wild brand.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I started feeding Winston Taste of the Wild about 4 years ago when I noticed he was itching a lot. My vet offered that it might be a chicken intolerance so I switched to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream and he stopped itching within a few weeks. I have since acquired two additional dogs. My grandmother's dog came to live with me after she went to a nursing home. After being hand-fed fresh food for most of his life, I was worried about Buddy's interest in dry food. He loves Taste of the Wild and happily ate it from day one, and so does Sissy, my other picky dog.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Good going in, not coming out. I put both of my dogs when I read it had good reviews for large breeds. They both seemed to enjoy the food and quality seemed consistent. However, both of my dogs had soft stools while on this food so we had to switch them to something different. They are now eating Wholesomes Sport Mix with solid stools and it is $20 cheaper per bag.

Taste of the Wild response

Thanks for your post. Odd that your dogs were constipated. Am glad that they are doing well now.

Taste of the Wild Company Information