4.02/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1175 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Taste of the Wild = Quality that can be trusted, taste my dogs love with absolutely no digestive issues at all. I would recommend this food without reservation. My dogs are my babies and I want the best for them and I need them to live a very long and happy life because they add so much to my own. They love Taste of the Wild and that makes me happy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I did a lot of research on dogs with allergies and decided to go with grain-free because my Brittany Spaniel was always "itchy." After more research on the quality of different grain-free foods, I decided on Taste of the Wild grain-free canine formula. I can pick the food up at the local feed store, The Old Mill, and their prices are very fair. I also buy Taste of the Wild feline formula for my cats. They love it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Have used Taste of the Wild for both my dogs for the past 15 years. The Pacific Salmon really helped their coats remain shiny and less itchy. My first dog was a German Shepherd and she had very itchy skin and would scratch all the time. After trying about 3 different brands of food and several trips to the vet for allergy medicine, we discovered Taste of the Wild. Her itching stopped and she was fine through her last days with us.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My cats' vet recommended this food - wet and dry - and it's all we've used for a few years now. Our Fuzz is a plump dumpling of a Raggamuffin cat so this food is a much better choice for her health and weight. She loves the taste, texture, and consistency of both the canned food and the crunchies. Since previous pets have suffered issues tied to commercial cat food diets, it was an easy choice to switch to Taste of the Wild cat food.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I've been using Taste of the Wild for eight years - first for my Siberian Husky, and now with my three cats. They all love the flavor - never have any issues with getting them to eat. And all three cats eat the same food, including a senior and a kitten. I know it's quality product and I'd never use anything else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

When I rescued my Golden Retriever 2 yrs ago, he was 91 lbs and overweight. I put him on Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain and after 4 months he was down to 78lbs. He has been on this food ever since and will never switch to a different food. Great Dog Food.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

As a show/breeder of Jack Russell terriers, it was important for me to find a high-quality dry dog food that would work for my terriers. I have been feeding Taste of the Wild High Prairie for years and my dogs thrive on it. It’s a well-balanced food, I love the fact that purified water is used and taurine is added. Hard to find a brand that hasn’t been recalled at some time, but TOTW is one of the few. I recommend it to all our puppy buyers and put a bag of the puppy version in all our puppy packages.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Taste of the Wild is a very good dog food. The protein is very good for the dog bones and coat. This is some of the best food I ever had. My dog love it. When you add the can dog with the dry dog food they go crazy over it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have eleven cats and since feeding them Taste of the Wild they have all slimmed down. The no grain was a big reason I started buying it and the natural ingredients was another reason. They are mainly older cats but have lots of energy which I believe is because of the food.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Our Dog was having allergies with the other types of Dog food we tried. After switching to your product he has had no problems. We Highly recommend your products. They seem to have none of the Corn fillers used in other types of foods out on the market. Keep it up. Great Job!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We recently ran out of our dog's food so my husband stopped by a local big name grocery store and brought home a big yellow bag of yuck. Our dog would not even sniff it. He had scrambled eggs that night and the next morning we were at the Feed Store bright and early for his usual food. Taste of the Wild dry dog food is his preferred food. I don't need to blend flavors when I switch them up because he loves them all. Since switching to TOTW he also no longer has constipation issues.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Taste of the Wild has been amazing for our dogs, especially my little man that has severe allergies! Almost every other brand snuck chicken in there somewhere, but not Taste of the Wild! This has been the only food that he doesn’t react too, and they love it!! Would never switch when we have found the best!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Seriously the best dog food out there. Not only does my pup love the flavors, but it keeps her coat shiny and her energy high. We go in every 3 weeks and she chooses her own bag. It's wonderful! Price is excellent, the look of the bag is pleasing, the size of the kibble is perfect! Thank you guys for such an awesome product!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our two Samoyeds love your dog food. We don't have any problems with their eating habits and our Vet says that their weight and muscle mass is right in line. We love that our boys are happy to eat it and that it is made in the USA, even better Missouri! I have picked up samples of your cat food to see if our picky kitty would like it. Have been feeding the dogs your food for over 2 years now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Our competition yellow lab had trouble keeping weight on due to his activity level. After trying several options, Taste of the Wild was the only one that had enough protein and nutrients to help him maintain a healthy weight. That was 9 years ago, we’ve never tried anything else. Now his son, our black lab, eats it also with great results and beautiful coat.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been feeding my pets Taste of the Wild for years, first my dog and then my cat (both wet and dry). Neither of them have grown old of it! Taste of the Wild makes quality food that I feel good about paying for and feeding to my animals!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've had my German Shepherd on Taste of the Wild since she was about one when I figured out she doesn't do well with grains. Every bag we'd switch up what kind and she's always done well. Recently though, old age has set in and we've discovered she does best with duck or fish. Her poor sensitive stomach can't take most proteins anymore. It's been wonderful to have options and still be able to give her a little variety.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My dogs are small pug mixes. They have allergies to most major dog food brands. They had skin issues until I change to Taste of the Wild. I have no problems with their skin now. They have better coats, better attitudes... no scratching themselves to the point of bleeding. I highly recommend Taste of the Wild.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My puppy (1 yr old) for the past couple weeks hasn't been interested in her food. Stopped feeding treats, still continued to not want to eat but she would eat eventually. Opened a new bag, and she got sick within 5 days. Was barely moving. Started a bland diet, within 2 days she is herself again. Now my older dog whom is still on TOTW Prey, is acting as she did 5 days ago. Eating grass, not wanting to move, not interested in his food. I think this food just over time affects them internally. I tried calling the company, waiting on a reply, but until then both dogs will be eating a bland diet until I can find something that won't make my babies sick as well as be safe for their allergies.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Our 15 month English Setter, has been solely on TOTW, in June our dog came down with severe diarrhea, vomiting, we immediately took our dog to vet who said it was something our dog ate; we had just purchased a new bag of TOTW lamb a day before she got sick. We called the store where we purchased, they had no reports of dogs getting sick from TOTW products. Sent an email to TOTW, and received a prompt response and refund check was sent.

A week later our vet called and said our dogs fecal test had showed Giardia, which had to be from a contaminated water source - not the dog food. Long story short, thought the illness had to be from the recently purchased dog food (was just a bad timing) but it was from our dog getting into water on our property that was exposed to wildlife, and was contaminated with the Giardia parasite. We immediately put our dog back on TOTW, and have adjusted our E fence to ensure our dog is not exposed to standing water (we live rural). Thank you TOTW for a great product and excellent customer service.

Taste of the Wild response
Thank you for the follow up Claudette. We are always happy to help!

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I am speaking for Charlotte, my border collie, who loves the food. She is healthy and thriving at a perfect weight eating the stuff. She also loves that it is made in USA. The only part that she wishes would change is the price, but she doesn't want a drop in quality, so she understands that part too.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We are very careful what we feed our eight-year-old German Rottweiler. We have found that the Taste of the Wild dog food meets all the quality standards that keep our dog healthy and happy. The grain free product that is made with quality American ingredients is an excellent basis for our dog's diet. We are pleased with these great products and the good diet it provides for our dog. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I switched my 3 blue heelers to this food 3 years ago and noticed a marked difference in their energy and coats. I mostly feed pacific stream but will mix in a different flavor now and then. Although it is very expensive with few promos that I've found, it's been a great food that I'll stick with as long as I can.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have three high energy dogs in my house on the bison and venison formula. They are 15, 7, and 4 years old and all do great on this formula! The only formula they’ve ever eaten which doesn’t make them gassy or give them tummy issues. They are all high energy, including the 15 year old, and this formula gives them the nourishment they need to continue with their shenanigans all day and late into the evening!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Switched my English setter to Taste of the Wild about two years ago she seems to be doing quite well on it. The food is palatable for her. The price is reasonable. She is 10 years old and remains healthy and active for her age.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My dogs are happy to chow down on their buffalo and venison Taste of the Wild dinner, and in fact, I occasionally put some in my pocket to substitute for treats. It's fine with them! Meanwhile, I feel good about giving them a grain-free diet. It costs more, but worth it to me to know I'm not filling them up on indigestible ingredients such as corn.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Before finding Taste of the Wild my dog had a skin disorder where we needed to purchase an expensive ear salve to make sure he was receiving enough moisture to his keep his fur on his ears. We found out it was due to his diet and decided to try the Pacific Stream variety of food due to the Omega 3’s. Over a year later and we have no longer had any skin issues and Charlie’s coat looks better than ever, thanks to his food and balanced diet!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

When I picked up my puppy from the breeder he had been eating Taste of the Wild for a few days so I kept him on it and now have switched my older dog to this brand and they both love it and do well on it. I am glad that they're all natural with no bi-product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I found Taste of the Wild roughly 5 years ago. My pitbull was having major skin issues and I was tired of having her on steroids constantly and the vet's recommendation was to put her on an allergy medication that has been shown to cause cancer, no thanks. That’s when I found Taste of the Wild. I think it only took around a week for us to see a major improvement in her skin. Her fur was growing back and looked healthy and shiny and her skin flaking started to slow down. She’s been on it ever since and I will never switch. I recommend it to anyone with similar issues.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I learned about Taste of the Wild from my daughter. When our Standard Poodle joined our family, I began her on Taste of the Wild as a puppy. She is 1 1/2 years old now, and everyone comments on how beautiful and healthy she is and especially on her white teeth (although most people think she's a "doodle" since we don't cut her like a traditional Standard Poodle). We are completing therapy-dog training this month and are so proud of her development and her fun-loving nature. She is a part of our family, and we only want the best for her - Taste of the Wild is the best of the best when it comes to dog food!

Taste of the Wild Company Information