4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

Taste of the Wild Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We have used this product since it came on the market. We moved and are now unable to visit the store to use the loyalty program. My son is now carrying it at his farm store. We first started using Taste of the Wild for the benefits which include the doggy doo clean up in the yard. Major difference from other dog food product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My dogs just love these foods. They are healthy and most importantly they are happy. I call out and say, "Supper's ready." They come running. I have a large dog and a small dog and they both eat and then do running for a while. I think it must give them extra energy or something. They love it???

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

While dogs can't talk, they are amazing at showing signs of something upsetting them. My 8 mo old lab has been on TOTW Adult food for 2 months before we had a very scary incident occur. I was so excited to try TOTW food because of its positive reviews & ingredients! We ship our bag from our local PETCO store via online subscription so the bag arrives at my doorstep once a month. We just received a new bag from PETCO and I fed her her regular amount Monday morning 9/17/2018. She ate it fine. By Monday night 9/17/18 she wouldn't eat her dog food. Very weird considering she's a lab puppy who loves food! I encouraged her to eat as much as I could, but thought maybe she was getting sick or... is this a bad bag or dog food? I just opened it up and we haven't had any problems before! I told myself, if she doesn't eat breakfast 9/18/18 I will go by another bag of TOTW to see if it was just the food.

However, in 24 hours she was too sick to want to eat anything. She didn't eat breakfast and then later that night she had blood in her stools, then 2 minutes after, just blood was coming out of her. I rushed her to the ER. They pulled blood & did an xray and couldn't find anything abnormal. She's now on a chicken & rice diet, but Friday 9/21/18 she started vomiting up blood. So I took her back to the vet. They think it's just severe gastroenteritis, from eating something she wasn't. Not wanting to eat the dog food was my sign. Of course, I cannot prove it was the dog food until we test it, which I am trying to do, but dogs show signs of pain & discomfort by doing something unusual like NOT EATING THEIR DOG FOOD! Over $1,000 later in vet bills and about 8 different meds, I am hoping she's going to be ok but don't think I am in the clear yet.

Also, just to confirm it was the TOTW dog food, I just tried to give her more and she wouldn't eat it. Then bought a new bag of NUTRO food and she can't eat enough! Coincidence? That's for you to decide. Hopefully I can test this food soon though! P.S. the food could also have been contaminated from PETCO warehouse which I do understand. I have talked to them and they already reimbursed me for the dog food, but said if I find anything from testing the food to let them know.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My dog is a Shar Pei boxer mixed and is allergic to almost everything. She has to have everything grain free. I started using Taste of the Wild about a year ago and it has helped greatly in controlling her allergies. Recently I changed over to the Taste of Wild for cats and my cat loves it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I went out hunting for a good nutritional food for my dogs. A friend tried to tell me her brand of dog food was the best, but I found that brand was just not doing anything for my dogs. Then I read the package ingredients and bought a bag, they love it! They don't care for fish for some reason, but the yellow bag brings them back over and over again. I told her about it and she said hmm yeah that is a good food too. I said it is the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We have a Corgi named Radar and he has been eating your food since he was a puppy, he loves it so much, no problem with him eating dry, or anyway we give it to him! He is now 11 years old and still loves dearly! I will continue feeding him Taste of the Wild till he can’t eat anymore!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I do feed TOW buffalo venison. I rotate my dog's food and use TOW only 2x week. In my opinion better than others. However, I mainly feed a kibble that is NOT reconstituted meat. You should consider a slow heat actual cut of meat kibble. Your process overheats the meat and kills nutrients. Organic is best!!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our dog has been on Taste of the Wild since she was 6 months old starting with puppy food. Her favorite is Roasted Bison & Venison. We never have a problem with her stomach and she is always ready to eat. Sometimes when traveling we have to drive quite a few miles to get her food but will not give her any other kind.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We are currently feeding Ruger the Pine Forest and not only does he love it but he looks amazing. After getting him as a puppy we discovered he had some sort of allergies. This food has worked wonders for him and I love the fact I was able to feed it to him as a puppy.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

When I first got my Shiloh Shepherd, the breeder recommended Orijen dog food. The only place that carried it was 30 miles from my house, so I looked around for a comparable brand. I did a lot of research on ingredients,etc. I eventually decided on Taste of the Wild, High Prairie. Valroy ate it, but she wasn't thrilled with it, so I tried the Pacific Stream. Well my friends, that was the ticket! She is now 10 years old and still eats it everyday. She has a beautiful coat and has never had a weight problem. I only feed her the dry food with an occasional addition of some chicken drippings. She's healthy and happy and (sorry if this is TMI) her poop is always firm and easy to pick up! I have recommended this food to everyone who asks me what I feed her; and a lot of people ask since she is a huge dog who weighs over a 100 lbs. Thanks for making such a wonderful product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have four very finicky little rescue dogs and they love this food. Normally I would have to put gravy, cheese or something to make the crunches more palpable. I don't even have to disguise the Taste of the Wild with anything to get them to eat it!! Thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our lovely 77-pound dog has been eating Taste of the Wild since he was a puppy and never gets tired of it! He seems to really love the flavors. We love it for him because it’s nutritious and focuses on meat and real protein, not cheap fillers. His coat is lustrous, and he has good muscle tone and is healthy and happy.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our vet recommended a few grain free dog foods for our Huskey who has seizures. We decided to try the salmon Taste of the Wild brand and he loved it so that is all we feed him now. The brand is great and so is the price. I also like that they have a program buy 10 and get one free. We buy the largest bag and already received a free bag. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have two nine-year-old male chihuahuas who are very picky eaters. I tried several brands of foods and finally found one they would eat. They seem to like it so far and I've been giving it to them for over a year. I like that they have one with very small bites. So far, so good...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We have been very impressed with this dog food. We use the Bison/Lamb because our dog has a corn allergy. He has been kind of a picky eater with other brands but he really like the Taste of Wild food. Our lab is so healthy, and he is very active and his coat is shiny. The loyalty program is an added bonus.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My dog Mac loves his Taste of the Wild. He is almost 3 years old and loves every flavor he has tried. He is a hard working hunting dog in the fall and winter and it keeps him fueled up to hunt all day and retrieve all the birds we can hunt.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We have been feeding our dogs this brand since they were 8 and 9 weeks old. They are now over three years old and have always loved the food. It has kept them healthy and happy. They especially love the variety and get very excited whenever we come home with a new bag. I would recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Use this food for a once kitten and two grown cats. Kitten was very ill at 6 months, see second photo, two pounds and full grown ferals were very finicky eaters. Now I own a 10-month-old 11-pound healthy growing kitten, see third photo and slightly more personable, a lot more scheduled, healthy eating feral cats, one I can now take a pic of, see first photo. Other still too shy. Great product for wide range of need, nutrient-rich, grain and worry-free. 2 thumbs up.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

When I first got my chihuahua, we had no idea what food she liked. After many attempts of trying to give her many different brands and flavors, we got a sample of the Wild Boar flavor and she LOVED it. So, for many years that is the one we bought for her. Now, she is a little older and I know she prefers salmon over any other flavor so I buy the Pacific salmon flavor with the tiny kibble so it is easy for her to eat. She loves it!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My Golden Retriever was tested for allergies and was determined to be allergic to potatoes. It is amazing how many different dog foods contain potatoes. The Southwest Canyon Recipe has none. My dog has been using it for at least three years and is in very good health. He has no arthritis, and requires nothing but the kibble and a little water. I go through a 28 lb. bag in about 6 weeks feeding him a generous cup twice a day. I am very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Both of my cats love Taste of the Wild rocky mountain. They will wait by their bowels in the morning and night until I fill with food. The cost is reasonable. I have tried a lot of brands however they never get tired of Taste of the Wild rocky mountain.

No response received
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Had Australian Shepherd on TOTW-Puppy High Prairie for 6 months and switched over to the Adult High Prairie. Mixed as vet recommended 7 days. Once on adult food, very upset stomach, (large wet stool) & diarrhea x 5 days. I would not think using the same brand and mix from puppy to adult High Prairie would have such a "rich" ingredient difference. He was a little sensitive on the puppy formula also, but I thought it may be the vegetables/fruit ingredients which biology wise, I thought would be a plus. Going back to Bil-Jac as I had used since the 80's with many dogs (no issues).

Taste of the Wild response
Hi,
We are sorry to hear that the transition didn't go well, and that you and your puppy had that experience. Hope he's back to normal now. If you still have the bag, would love to have the production code from the back so we can do an internal investigation. We would also like to follow through on our guarantee of quality. I understand you have some concerns about the store where you bought the food also.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We moved from Florida to Oklahoma in 2015 and had to find a new food to feed our dog since we bought Costco brand in Florida and Oklahoma has no Costcos nearby! Taste of the Wild was perfect! It lasted. Our dog loved it. And it's not so expensive. Every time we take her out we never fail to get compliments about her coat. Taste of the Wild FTW. :) We LOVE the High Prairie one!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My dog loves this dog food. Been using this brand for 7 years. She is always excited when I bring a new bag into the house. She waits by the bag until I open it. The thing I like about Taste of the Wild is the variety of flavors with the same nutrition in each bag.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My two standard poodles are thriving on Taste of the Wild. One is a youngster at eighteen months, the second is a senior lady of 11 years. Always an empty bowl at the end of feeding time. Great coats and wagging tails and a happy puppy mom. Great comments from the vet's office.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My dog likes this food and has since a puppy. Never had a problem. Very good reward program and have enjoyed that very much. Would recommend this highly. I have only used the dry food. I have not tried the canned though only because I don't feed her canned food.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Both my pooches love this food, new rewards program is great, I would recommend this food for your dogs. This food seems to have helped my dogs with food allergy issues. Also they seem to have less and more solid feces. Product works great for dogs with food allergy issues. Would be nice if they sold this product at Costco.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

English Bulldogs are not finicky eaters but they are prone to lots of flatulence as a result of eating lower quality kibble. We suffered through this for a year or so and then I switched him to Taste of the Wild. He has had very little problems since and is now 8 years old and still loves the stuff. I can't say more than that. It is quality dog food and my Bulldog is healthy as can be at 8 years. He is active which is not common for English BullDogs and his weight is well controlled.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We switched to Taste of the Wild (Bison) two years ago on the suggestion of our son. Our then 7 year old female boxer was gaining weight and slowing down a bit. Since changing to Taste of the Wild she has lost 7 pounds and her last vet check was excellent! Maggie is full of energy and coat is smooth as a puppy. Thank you for this GREAT product for our girl.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I love this brand. It's a great quality for the price and both my dogs and cats love it! We also buy the canned cat food which my lovely felines go crazy for! We have small dogs so I love the small breed bag, however, it is difficult to find. Not all feed stores carry it.

Taste of the Wild Company Information