3.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1186 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I’m dog loves the food, however I wish you would give Krisper's loyalty program. Natural paws has it. If I buy x numbers of bags and then I get the next one free. I used to go get my food from them but the store is not clean and the staff is okay. That is why I change to the other place. I’m here in Houston, Texas. Feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

There is no better food out there for your dog! I've gotten a few friends to switch to Taste of the Wild, and they did not regret it! The dogs enjoyed it more, and the owners enjoyed less itchiness, a silky beautiful coat, and a healthier weight and appearance! If you can't get this food in your home town, it's worth ordering it online for the un-ending benefits it presents! I go through Chewy, and have drove 15-45 miles just to get my hound dog the food she deserves, the best money can buy, at a reasonable price! As for flavors, I recommend Sierra (with lamb) and Pacific Stream (White fish mix) before all else! Happy, healthy living and eating, all!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My pups 2 Boxers and 1 Jack Russell terrier love Taste of the Wild wild pacific stream dry. I supplement with soft can varieties also. Their coats are brighter. Lots of energy too. My daughter also feeds her pups this. When my sons’s pups visit I feed this to them also.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Been feeding TOW to my dogs for 8 years. Totally love it! I love the different flavors I can feed them to change up their diet according to their needs. I have tried switching foods multiple times in the last 8 years for no particular reason but always end up coming right back.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My dog has been fed Taste of the Wild since we brought him home as a 10-week puppy. We haven't had any issues with it. We have occasionally supplemented with other brands' canned wet food. Some have given him issues and Taste of the Wild has returned him to normal. We will continue to buy Taste of the Wild for the foreseeable future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My dog was overweight & constantly itching before we found Taste of the Wild. We’ve spent so much time & money trying new things. When our dog tried this for the first time he loved it, no need for treats on top. Which helped with weight loss. He also wasn’t loosing his hair or itching anymore. We’ve been using the Lamb recipe for several years & hope to continue for many more. Thank you for creating a great product!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

This food has provided great energy, health, beautiful soft coat, and no issues digesting. My 60lb lab retriever loves it and as well as my 6lb yorkie. Have turned others on to this brand plus my local store has reward program for purchasing! I plan to keep this brand for all my future dogs.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Our Golden Retriever, Summer, loves all the different protein choices of Taste of the Wild. She can't wait for breakfast and dinner because she gets to experience all the flavor of a nutritionally balanced and delicious (she says) food made just for her. We really like the "Taste the Rewards" Loyalty Program.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We have dogs and cats. They were eating standard grocery store food for awhile, but we switched them to Blue MT on the advice of someone. Our feed store owner let us know about Taste of Wild having the same benefits of Blue, but with a lower price tag. We tried it and are very pleased. Our dogs love the fast and have great energy and stamina. The cat is, well, a cat. Thanks for offering this product!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My Australian Shepherd was having bad allergies causing itching to the point of chewing her hair off. I tried special food at the vet and a number of store bought brands. I finally found your Pacific Stream Salmon and she was healthy till she passed at 14. I just got another Aussie pup and he is on Pacific Stream Puppy food. At 7 months he is 48 # and healthy as a horse. Thanks for a great pet food.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Our groomer told us about this food after experiencing our dog's severe allergies. He has been symptom free for almost a year now, we just love it. And the loyalty program is great as well. Wish it was sold in the big box stores, would save me a trip to the feedstore.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Our Jack Russell who was 16 at the time was having issues with arthritis in his leg. Glucosamine helped some, but when we switched him to Taste Of The Wild with salmon, his leg issue seemed to disappear and he began running and jumping again. It made a huge difference in his quality of life. Like the saying goes, you are what you eat!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My cat finds your food delectable. He is an indoor/outdoor cat and an avid hunter who has fresh kill. He supplements with your dry food (Venison and Smoked Salmon Cat food). Thank you for a quality product that I can confidently feed my pet. My pets are members of my family and I try to take the best care I can of them. What chicken food do you offer if any?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My dog is very picky and wont eat a lot of foods. She loves taste of the wild! I've tried multiple flavors and she loves them all. It's a great grain free food and has awesome loyalty perks. I would give 10 stars if it was an option. I would recommend to anyone especially if your dog has any sort of allergies. It has worked great.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The dog loves this food and has no digestive problems with it. Can easily find it at pet stores and is a premium food. It has unique flavors. It is expensive but worth it.

Great to hear it Linda!

Dr Heldman

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have a 6 month old pit/shepherd mix who is normally a ball of energy. The food she was originally on when I adopted her was working great, however I read several stories and forum responses online that said a higher protein content would be better for a growing large breed puppy. So I talked with my vet, did some more intensive research, and finally made a decision to try TOTW Grain Free Puppy Salmon flavored. At first my girl was sort of into it, but after about a week she became lethargic, unsatisfied, developed an upset belly, was extremely depressed, and just didn't seem herself.

Over the course of the next week she started pacing around the house, started showing signs of aggressive behavior towards me and other dogs, having potty accidents in places she would never: AKA MY BED, and many other spots around the house. I made an appointment with her vet right away. Her urine sample indicated a UTI. Vet recommended to give her ** mg tabs 2 times daily. I was sure it couldn't be the food we were feeding her... it is a high-quality family owned brand that many dogs love!

5, 6, 7, 8, 9... days passed and her peeing improved a minimal amount - as in barely noticeable. Her pacing has stayed the same and her body posture is still indicating she's in pain. I am currently preparing her organic ground turkey beef, green beans, organic oats, pears, and turmeric. I am giving her a cup of that morning and night, as well as a cup of her old food that I'm transitioning her back to. And while we get her off TOTW - about 1/4-1/2 cup of that is in her bowl as well. I mix it all up together and add some water to keep her as hydrated as possible. I am noticing a difference in her attitude and body posture today. She will be off of TOTW by the end of this week. This food might be for some dogs, but it isn't for mine!

Shalane,
What a pretty puppy she is!
I'm sorry the Pacific Stream puppy didn't work for her. As tough as you think Shepherds and pits are, they actually have some of the most sensitive digestive systems out there. I wouldn't buy any more fish based formulations for her, regardless of the manufacturers.

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My dachshund is partially paralyzed and suffers with bladder infections, since being on TASTE OF THE WILD GRAIN-FREE FOOD his bladder infections have gotten a lot better, and he loves the food! We also feed our cat Taste of the Wild because he suffers from crystals, so I supplement some of the Taste of the Wild with the expensive food from the vet. He also loves it!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Taste of the Wild is the only dog food that is worth its weight in GOLD!!! Both of my dogs love the food. Their coats are outstanding and they don’t shed a lot. Their stool is not runny. One of the dogs I got from the humane society. I provide her with Taste of the Wild and looks completely different. It transformed her to a beautiful dog. Thanks, Taste of the Wild!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I tried Taste of the Wild for my kitties. They are self-feeders and love the food. I tried the trout and salmon today, and they tore into it. They have much more energies and are slim and healthy. This is a great cat food.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

While I do not consume the kibble myself, my dogs seem to enjoy it. I started them on the Pacific Salmon, then tried the Bison which they didn't seem to like as well, so I went back to Salmon. Their coats are shiny and their energy is good. They are healthy, happy dogs. Thanks for making better quality, grain free food for them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

This product is grain free and the cats love it! Salmon & Trout or Salmon & Venison. They don’t eat anything else! Taste of Wild is not only a great product but a cost effective way to feed as well, don’t need to give them a lot to keep them satisfied... so not much ‘output’ either! Win win in my book!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Our two dogs have been Taste of the Wild dog food since they were born. They love the taste of the food and it’s hard to get them away from their food dishes sometimes. They especially like the wild salmon product but have also done well with the wild fowl mix too. Great product and would recommend it to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I started using Taste of the Wild pet food when I adopted my rescue dog, 10 years ago. The director of the rescue recommended Taste of the Wild. My dogs and my cat still love Taste of the Wild. My pets are still quite agile and healthy at their advanced ages! (All over 11 years old now!)

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Taste of the Wild Pacific Salmon - I have three dogs that just love this food. They are so excited when it's time for dinner. Our newest addition, who turned 1 in July, can't wait to have his bowl put down. He love his dinner so much that he waits for his fur-brother and fur-sister to finish their food so he can clean up their dinner bowls too.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have three cats, two females and a male. Males can be prone to urinary issues when using low-quality food. After a trip to the vet, he suggested Taste of the Wild and I will NEVER go back. I've been feeling them only TotW since they were a year old, so about 8 years now. Everyone tells me how soft and slim they are, they can't believe my cats are that old! And no trips to the vet since! I recommend it to ALL my friends.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Our 3 boxers, 1 female and 2 males, will not eat any other dog food. All three are rescued dogs and would eat anything placed in front of them when we first brought them home. After we discovered Taste of the Wild and the dogs realized we were going to feed them on a regular basis they will eat nothing else. We use the dry kibble and the wet canned food. If we try feeding them something else they will actually spit the food out and look at us as if to say "do you really expect me to eat this?"

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I am volunteer at our local animal shelter. I have been there for about 10years. I have been feeding Taste of the Wild dog food for over six years. The dogs seem to love the food. I do appreciate the special your company has - buy 10 bags and get one free. Every little rebate helps the pocket book.

Michael,
Thank you so much for volunteering! I know how much happier the dogs are to be able to get out of their cages to walk and play

Dr Heldman @ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have tried a lot of dry foods for my cats. I am so happy that I found Taste of the Wild because it is grain free and has a lot of crude protein. It is exactly what cats should be eating. My cats love the food and are healthy and happy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My Weimaraner has consumed TOTW for the past few years without any issues. Recently, we received a bag that had a change in formula (ingredients) that was not announced, printed etc. on the bag. I fed her this new bag without any idea of the change. She experienced bloat a couple days after eating this new formulation. This new ingredient list now contains dried yeast. X-rays revealed distended abdomen and full stomach. She paced and cried all night long, licking every surface and obsessively eating grass trying to expel this food from her stomach. We have been in and out of the vet with inconclusive blood tests, so many X-rays looking for anything that may be causing a blockage and all they could see was the food.

She finally got it out, but aspirated on her own vomit...giving herself pneumonia! I am appalled and disappointed. The common denominator seems to be the Taste of the Wild food. I fed it to her last night and we are back at square one. This has been going on for a week. I chose this brand and food after so much research and due diligence. I chose it for the quality. Well it seems quality can go down and consumers need not be notified of the change now? What if my dog died? What if I didn’t know the signs and symptoms of bloat? Or did not have the money to bring her in to the vet every single day for the last week? This is disgraceful and you should be ashamed.

Alanna,
So sorry to hear about your Weim. We haven't changed the recipe, yeast has been there for quite some time. I'm so glad you recognized the signs of bloat and got him in! Any large or giant breed dog owner lives in fear of the diagnosis of bloat. I know I watch my Great Dane carefully. It is frustrating that we don't know what causes bloats. We do know these things can contribute to bloat:
Eating from a raised food bowl
Having one large meal a day
Eating quickly
A lot of running or playing after he eats
Other dogs he's related to have had bloat
Eating or drinking too much
I'm glad he's under the care of a veterinarian. I'm sure he/she talked to you about gastroplexy to prevent re occurrence.

Dr Heldman @ Taste of the Wild

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2018

I appreciate the company's willingness to respond and provide suggestions. I, however, decided that I will not feed my puppy this brand, as he has successfully transitioned to another.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I received 2 recommendations to try TOTW Pacific Stream Puppy after realizing my puppy was having a reaction to chicken. I bought a 5lb bag and all was well. Solid poops and I didn’t have to trick my puppy into eating it with toppers, etc. Just moistened with water for 5-10 mins since he’s a small breed. I ordered a 15lb bag online and could immediately see a difference when I opened it. Pellets were smaller, harder, and a stronger smell. It took a lot more water and over 30 mins to moisten and even then it was crumbly. All that and I still tried to feed this to my puppy who would refuse.

After 2 days, I started adding his roasted beef lung treats as a topper. He was eating much less and was giving off a strong fishy smell. After a week, his poops got soft and he was itching as if I feed him chicken. By the end of the 2nd week he wasn’t eating and was showing signs of anal gland issues. I debated getting a different bag of TOTW but couldn’t take the risk of it being just as bad. I had to switch him to another brand which is primarily salmon. He’s doing much better and doesn’t have the strong fish smell. If there is dramatic difference in formulation, then it needs to be highlighted on the package.

Taste of the Wild response
Glad to hear your puppy is doing well with the anal gland issue. Anal glands are expressed naturally when a dog has firm poo. We make all of our food in 5 plants here in the US. There are be some variance, a couple of mm, in size due to the dye plates that cut the food after it is cooked. Since we don't add dye to the food there can also be some variance in color. I recommend leaving the food dry for him to eat. The key is to prevent soft poo because then the anal glands may not be expressed naturally

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild