4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

Taste of the Wild Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

So glad that I discovered Taste Of The Wild! I was feeding my dog a different brand of dog food that was high quality but very, very expensive. The cost became too much of a burden so I had to find a different food but didn't want to sacrifice quality ingredients. With Taste Of The Wild, my dog gets the best food without animal by-products etc. at a unbelievably low price.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Rocco is a floppy-eared Labradoodle. When young he was on another food and had terrible problem with his ears. You couldn’t even touch them without him screaming. Someone said that Salmon food would help and I found Taste of the Wild and tried that. It’s been 12 years now and never had another issue. I’ve recommended it to others who’s dogs have that problem so they will feel better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

It took a few brands to end up on Taste of the Wild. My dog loves it! I switch flavors (for variety because I'm not a savage) each time and have yet to find one she doesn't like. Therefore, I will not buy anything else. Way to go Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have Field Spaniels and have fed them Taste of the Wild most of their life. I tried other similar brands as far as similar proteins and fat content and when I switched to Taste of the Wild, never more an issue with allergies, dry skin, or lack of interest in the food.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My dog looks and acts so healthy with this brand. I read the ingredients so it looks like it is good for him too. Shiny coat, lots of energy, and it seems to agree with his stomach too. I have tried other grain free brands but he seems to really like this one. Plus the farting is not nearly as bad as other brands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our Boxer has had many sensitivities to dog food until we found Taste of the Wild. A great product, with many flavor choices to choose from. It is a bit more expensive but well worth the extra cost to ensure our dog doesn't suffer from the itchy red welts on her stomach and itchy enflamed ears she was experiencing from the less expensive "grocery store" brands.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our to furbabies love it, and they are finicky! They quickly get sick with other brands, due to allergies and snowflake stomach tolerances. Quality of ingredients is our top priority, and few brands compare to TOTW. Sourced company via Costco private label brand. Wouldn't buy another other brand for our furbabies.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The cost of Taste of the Wild is the weakest point. Dog food can be purchased at much less cost and much greater quantity elsewhere, such as Costco. The truth of the food is that unless you have working dogs or dogs on a diet, the less expensive brands are just fine. For example, Taste of the Wild is more rich in minerals and vitamins the dogs need, if my dog needed to lose weight I would feed them TotW but in smaller quantities. I purchase it to have on hand in the event of something happening that prevents me from being able to get the much cheaper dog food. Otherwise I am completely satisfied with the product. The cost prevents me from purchasing it as my main source of dog food.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This food has literally saved my dogs' lives! We have 5 dogs, 3 are pure bread labs. Two of them had severe food allergies, we tried everything the vets recommended, cooked chicken and rice, but still no resolve. So my husband did a bunch of research and found out they were allergic to starch! So we put them on the Pine Forest blend which has the least amount of starch. They are no longer chewing their feet off, no more scratching all nite, and normal bellies, no more pink hot spots. We will forever keep our fur kids on Taste of the Wild!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Our breeder fed all her puppies Taste of the Wild, but it wasn't as readily available 10 years ago when we got our dog. So, I tried several other dog foods, but kept coming back to Taste of the Wild because our dog responded the best to it. At almost 10 years old, she has the energy of a puppy and is going strong. Highly recommend this brand!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have two beautiful young golden retrievers and did a lot of research on the food that would be best for them and kept coming up with Taste of the Wild roasted fowl. So I tried it, and they absolutely love it. I have had no issues with it, their coats are beautiful, they have lots of energy and I couldn’t be happier with it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

When I got my boy in June he was just under 3 pounds and 3 months later he is now 40 pounds of strong muscle. The High Prairie puppy formula is the best. I am pleased with this product and do highly recommend it to anyone with a new puppy. He continues to be satisfied at every meal. I researched several kinds of food before I picked him and I chose this because of its unique protein sources, affordability, and the fact that it is grain free.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Very happy to have finally found a single brand of kibble for our English and French Bulldogs. The Frenchies have different sensitivities and allergies and were very fussy about other brands of kibble. They loved TOTW right away and the varieties in flavors helped us figure out what they were allergic to fairly quickly. Although I wish I could feed them all the same formula, I am happy to finally be consistent in a single brand that I can get from the same store and same price.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Very high-quality dog food. You do get what you pay for. If your dogs' health is as important to you as your own this is a good choice. There are several different flavors and I have had no issues switching between them. High Prairie seems to be their favorite. I have been using Taste of the Wild products for 4 years. The Vet complements my dogs' appearance and health every visit I take them to.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Both our cat and dog eat Taste of the Wild foods. The cat refuses to eat anything else and the dog needs a high protein diet. This kibble is the highest I could find. The dog also gets bored with flavors. Taste of the Wild allows me to rotate between several flavors without negative impact. My dog is happy!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Our 100lb lab bloodhound mix gets nothing but the best! When we found Taste of the Wild dog food, we couldn’t have been more happy. Plus it is sold at a locally owned pet store. Our family loves to support local businesses. So we knew we were in good hands with their knowledge. Our lab is happy, healthy and her coat could be more soft and shiny!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have already gotten my brother and mother using this brand. My black lab has the most beautiful coat and at 7yrs old most people believe he is a puppy. When I first got my dog mykiss, I looked through everything I could on dog food. Your brand seemed to give him the perfect balance of protein fat carbs, with high grade lean meat. I use him for hunting and want him full of energy. I could not be happier with your brand! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Taste of the Wild appalachian valley venison/garbanzo dog food - My dog eagerly awaits and then gobbles up every morsel of the dry/wet food combination I give her. She is a small dog so the small size of the dry food is perfect for her. I appreciate the care with healthy ingredients that your brand of dog food offers. A friend recommended your brand and after trying it with my dog, I too would recommend it to others.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Our German Shepherd has done so well with this food. She has filled out better, seems happier with her food and she is so much more healthier. Our son has even put his new puppy on the puppy food. I wish we had known about Taste of The Wild sooner.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have been feeding both of my Goldendoodles the Taste of the Wild product and have been very happy with the quality of the food and the variety of flavors. My dog currently likes the Wetlands Roasted Fowl variety. I feel good about the fact that my dog is getting quality food. The rewards program is great too!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We were very pleased with Taste of the Wild Adult dry food. For the cost, it's a very high quality food. I’m watchful about the ingredients I'm feeding my pets and I'm watchful of the source of the ingredients and recalls the company has had. The only reason we switched from TOTW is that we added a giant breed puppy and the protein level was higher than recommended for giant breeds. I also wasn’t sure about the calcium to phosphorus ratio. What works for our Bulldogs unfortunately doesn’t for our Irish Wolfhound.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We have used this product since it came on the market. We moved and are now unable to visit the store to use the loyalty program. My son is now carrying it at his farm store. We first started using Taste of the Wild for the benefits which include the doggy doo clean up in the yard. Major difference from other dog food product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My dogs just love these foods. They are healthy and most importantly they are happy. I call out and say, "Supper's ready." They come running. I have a large dog and a small dog and they both eat and then do running for a while. I think it must give them extra energy or something. They love it???

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

While dogs can't talk, they are amazing at showing signs of something upsetting them. My 8 mo old lab has been on TOTW Adult food for 2 months before we had a very scary incident occur. I was so excited to try TOTW food because of its positive reviews & ingredients! We ship our bag from our local PETCO store via online subscription so the bag arrives at my doorstep once a month. We just received a new bag from PETCO and I fed her her regular amount Monday morning 9/17/2018. She ate it fine. By Monday night 9/17/18 she wouldn't eat her dog food. Very weird considering she's a lab puppy who loves food! I encouraged her to eat as much as I could, but thought maybe she was getting sick or... is this a bad bag or dog food? I just opened it up and we haven't had any problems before! I told myself, if she doesn't eat breakfast 9/18/18 I will go by another bag of TOTW to see if it was just the food.

However, in 24 hours she was too sick to want to eat anything. She didn't eat breakfast and then later that night she had blood in her stools, then 2 minutes after, just blood was coming out of her. I rushed her to the ER. They pulled blood & did an xray and couldn't find anything abnormal. She's now on a chicken & rice diet, but Friday 9/21/18 she started vomiting up blood. So I took her back to the vet. They think it's just severe gastroenteritis, from eating something she wasn't. Not wanting to eat the dog food was my sign. Of course, I cannot prove it was the dog food until we test it, which I am trying to do, but dogs show signs of pain & discomfort by doing something unusual like NOT EATING THEIR DOG FOOD! Over $1,000 later in vet bills and about 8 different meds, I am hoping she's going to be ok but don't think I am in the clear yet.

Also, just to confirm it was the TOTW dog food, I just tried to give her more and she wouldn't eat it. Then bought a new bag of NUTRO food and she can't eat enough! Coincidence? That's for you to decide. Hopefully I can test this food soon though! P.S. the food could also have been contaminated from PETCO warehouse which I do understand. I have talked to them and they already reimbursed me for the dog food, but said if I find anything from testing the food to let them know.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My dog is a Shar Pei boxer mixed and is allergic to almost everything. She has to have everything grain free. I started using Taste of the Wild about a year ago and it has helped greatly in controlling her allergies. Recently I changed over to the Taste of Wild for cats and my cat loves it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I went out hunting for a good nutritional food for my dogs. A friend tried to tell me her brand of dog food was the best, but I found that brand was just not doing anything for my dogs. Then I read the package ingredients and bought a bag, they love it! They don't care for fish for some reason, but the yellow bag brings them back over and over again. I told her about it and she said hmm yeah that is a good food too. I said it is the best!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We have a Corgi named Radar and he has been eating your food since he was a puppy, he loves it so much, no problem with him eating dry, or anyway we give it to him! He is now 11 years old and still loves dearly! I will continue feeding him Taste of the Wild till he can’t eat anymore!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I do feed TOW buffalo venison. I rotate my dog's food and use TOW only 2x week. In my opinion better than others. However, I mainly feed a kibble that is NOT reconstituted meat. You should consider a slow heat actual cut of meat kibble. Your process overheats the meat and kills nutrients. Organic is best!!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our dog has been on Taste of the Wild since she was 6 months old starting with puppy food. Her favorite is Roasted Bison & Venison. We never have a problem with her stomach and she is always ready to eat. Sometimes when traveling we have to drive quite a few miles to get her food but will not give her any other kind.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We are currently feeding Ruger the Pine Forest and not only does he love it but he looks amazing. After getting him as a puppy we discovered he had some sort of allergies. This food has worked wonders for him and I love the fact I was able to feed it to him as a puppy.

Taste of the Wild Company Information