3.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

1186 Taste of the Wild Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have three high energy dogs in my house on the bison and venison formula. They are 15, 7, and 4 years old and all do great on this formula! The only formula they’ve ever eaten which doesn’t make them gassy or give them tummy issues. They are all high energy, including the 15 year old, and this formula gives them the nourishment they need to continue with their shenanigans all day and late into the evening!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Switched my English setter to Taste of the Wild about two years ago she seems to be doing quite well on it. The food is palatable for her. The price is reasonable. She is 10 years old and remains healthy and active for her age.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My dogs are happy to chow down on their buffalo and venison Taste of the Wild dinner, and in fact, I occasionally put some in my pocket to substitute for treats. It's fine with them! Meanwhile, I feel good about giving them a grain-free diet. It costs more, but worth it to me to know I'm not filling them up on indigestible ingredients such as corn.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Before finding Taste of the Wild my dog had a skin disorder where we needed to purchase an expensive ear salve to make sure he was receiving enough moisture to his keep his fur on his ears. We found out it was due to his diet and decided to try the Pacific Stream variety of food due to the Omega 3’s. Over a year later and we have no longer had any skin issues and Charlie’s coat looks better than ever, thanks to his food and balanced diet!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

When I picked up my puppy from the breeder he had been eating Taste of the Wild for a few days so I kept him on it and now have switched my older dog to this brand and they both love it and do well on it. I am glad that they're all natural with no bi-product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I found Taste of the Wild roughly 5 years ago. My pitbull was having major skin issues and I was tired of having her on steroids constantly and the vet's recommendation was to put her on an allergy medication that has been shown to cause cancer, no thanks. That’s when I found Taste of the Wild. I think it only took around a week for us to see a major improvement in her skin. Her fur was growing back and looked healthy and shiny and her skin flaking started to slow down. She’s been on it ever since and I will never switch. I recommend it to anyone with similar issues.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I learned about Taste of the Wild from my daughter. When our Standard Poodle joined our family, I began her on Taste of the Wild as a puppy. She is 1 1/2 years old now, and everyone comments on how beautiful and healthy she is and especially on her white teeth (although most people think she's a "doodle" since we don't cut her like a traditional Standard Poodle). We are completing therapy-dog training this month and are so proud of her development and her fun-loving nature. She is a part of our family, and we only want the best for her - Taste of the Wild is the best of the best when it comes to dog food!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have been using this dog food for 4 years now and I am very pleased with it. My dogs love it and they look and feel great. I would recommend Taste of the Wild to any dog owner large or small dog, they will both benefit from excellent formula of dog food. This is a must try. Thanks and good luck.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This is a fantastic dog food! Great, grain-free nutrition at a great price. Taste of the Wild also offers a Prey line which has 4 key ingredients or less, including an animal protein source, lentils, tomato pomace and sunflower oil. Taste of the Wild is also made without artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Dogs enjoy the flavoring and leave nothing left in their bowl. My dogs will eat any of the flavors and enjoy them all. The one dog has a bird allergy so a few more beef choices would be good. Would be nice to have a lower protein food for my Great Dane, something around 20% protein.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We started Nelson (2 y/o Belgian shep-Labrador mix) on ToTW Bison and Venison around two months ago and my gosh, does his squishy poop stink like an actual dead venison on the road. He also gets super gassy and stinks up the apartment. Smells like a rotten version of the food. Very unpleasant. On the other hand he seems to enjoy the taste of his food very much and it looks like it is healthy enough since he is not constantly shedding anymore. So, mixed feelings here.

Taste of the Wild response
Well stinky poo is not desirable. High Prairie which you are feeding is super rich with 7 different protein sources Nelson has to break down and digest. I recommend switching him to Pacific Stream. It is fish based. Fish is an easier protein to digest and is the only protein source in Pacific Stream. I imagine that will help resolve the stink issues you've been having. Feel free to contact us @ https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us if we can otherwise help

Dr Heldman @ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

You want a good solid diet for your dog. This is it. More of what my dog needs instead of fillers, dog had great energy wonderful coat! Taste of the Wild is amazing! It also has made my pets waste solid as it should be, easy clean up. He has more energy an enthusiasm, can't say enough positive things about Taste of the Wild it's an all-around great food source for my dog. If you haven't tried it you should, try it for 14 days and you'll see the difference and you'll become a faithful customer along with your dog!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I love and rely on this food. It's healthy and great for my dog, he also loves it. It has all that great meaty taste that he loves. His health has been great since I started to feed him Taste of the Wild (Dry dog food). I would encourage you to give your dog what he/she wants in their food.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My dog has only been exposed to this brand. It is not the more expensive kind of dog food, but I think that it is still pricey. I bought the salmon flavored kind thinking that it would be good for his coat. My dog's coat feels somewhat dry. You might want to add something to the food to take care of that issue.

Taste of the Wild response
What kind of dog do you have Judith? Dogs can have dry coats for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately just giving a dog salmon or fish oil does not necessarily mean that it will help. Just like you or I taking it. Dogs coats often change after being spayed/neutered. If you like feel free to contact us at https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us and we will be happy to help sort out the issue

Dr Heldman@Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My dog is an English Bulldog-Boxer mix. He is quite active but loves to sleep a lot. He has a super sensitive, chicken allergy, and is also allergic to some grains. His previous owner went through a bunch of different food trying to figure out what would work for him because he kept having a really bad reaction to a lot of them. She had him on Taste of The Wild and I've had him for about a year and three months now. He eats all of the TOTW food and it keeps him active. It is the best because it has a really good balance and has both fiber and protein. I switch back and forth between Pine Forest and the Pacific Stream because they were only two that don't have any poultry in it. I usually stay away from any kind of egg product because I know he's allergic to chicken. He likes being able to change between the two proteins which really helps in keeping him interested in it. I also like that TOTW has a program where you buy 10 bags and you get one bag half off which is cool.

I talked to one of my co-workers yesterday because her dogs have been having really bad reactions to a lot of the food. One of them continuously has hotspots and now, her other one is trying to lick the puss and chews at his feet. They've been trying to find food that won't have any kind of reaction with one of them because one of them gets really bad diarrhea on most food. She has also tried grain-free and poultry-free. I told her that finding food that doesn't have any kind of poultry is really hard, so I told her to try TOTW Pine Forest and the Pacific Stream because I looked at all the other bags and they usually have some form of poultry products. Hopefully, TOTW will work for her.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Hello. My dog is using TOTW lamb for 2 years now. Recently I received a batch that had different form and colour and my dog developed like in 5 days allergy. After the vet decided to change the food another brand my dog is doing fine. I want to know if there is a problem only with this batch or you have changed the formula permanently. It is not ok that after 2 years of doing fine with this food to develop an instant allergy. This diagnosis is confirmed by blood test IgE. The site I ordered gave me a refund for the bag.

Taste of the Wild response
Sorry to hear about your dog's food allergies. As you know it is a result of the individual dog's immune system. The recipe hasn't changed. Food allergies can be very frustrating to treat since pets can become allergic to the protein sources they have eaten for years! If the reaction happens again, our new Prey line has limited ingredient recipes which can be a big help. In your case I think Prey trout might work very well. Feel free to contact us @ https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/contact-us

Dr Heldman@ Taste of the Wild

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I've been feeding my miniature Australian Shepherd Taste of the Wild since she was a puppy. And it's been two years now. I use the lamb-flavored one. It's a decent brand and my dog likes it. I've had a positive experience with Taste of the Wild.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When we adopted our first dog, Ranger, we tried to feed him the brand of food that his foster family was giving him. He went almost 3 months without eating a full meal. We thought maybe he was sad that we took him from his home until a colleague told us about Taste of the Wild. She said it’s made of natural ingredients and that her dog loves it. She gave us a sample to bring home and our dog ate it down so fast that we were amazed! We have even switched up the flavors on our dog and he loves every single one! We give the puppy formula to our newest pup, and again, he chews it all up as fast as he can! We will never switch from Taste of the Wild as long as our dogs keep loving it!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Taste of the Wild is the only dog food we use and have used for years. It is an amazing healthy product or dogs love. I would recommend this product to anyone. We mainly use the board and salmon due to the high protein, our dogs go crazy for it.

Original review: July 31, 2018

It's the only the dog food we will buy for our dog who has a grain allergy. She wont even try other dogs food. She loves hers that much. Our pet store is the one that first recommended it to us when she was old enough to start eating adult dog food. We will never switch her to anything else.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Have fed both our dogs (Golden retriever and mini dachshund) Taste of the Wild for over seven years and both have been the epitome of health! Vet visits confirm healthy weight, coat and energy levels. Still to this day the dogs are excited and salivating for “dinner time”. Would recommend this product to any all consumers interested. :)

Original review: July 31, 2018

Have been very happy with the food, I have been using it for about 5 years. So far no recalls, and no other problems. I have 6 cats, and 5 of them are on this food (the sixth one is a diabetic and is on a prescription diet). I just wish more businesses would carry this brand!

Original review: July 31, 2018

My huskies are 11 months old they have been eating Taste of the Wild for about 11 months. I had asked around what they recommended at the pet store and TOTW was what they recommended for energy and because of my dogs’ coats. I use the puppy formula. Recently, I bought the purple bag but my dogs really didn't care for it, which was a surprise to me. Still, they loved the canned, wet food, which is their favorite. So far, they're doing good and their stomachs are well. TOTW is a little expensive but my dogs like TOTW. Go ahead and have your pets try it.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've been using Taste of the Wild for at least 10 years. I have three large dogs and when I got them as puppies, I decided to raise them on a no grain diet. I got five different brands of dried dog food, put them out in a bowl and let them go to them. I did this for about a week and mixed the brands up and started eliminating. Taste of The Wild was their second pick. They continued to go back to their first pick and I put them on that. But I opened the bag one day and there was a live mouse in the bag. I taped it up and took it back to the feed store. Then I changed to Taste of the Wild and I've never switched.

I've tried all of Taste of the Wild's formulations but my dogs seem to like the Southwest Canyon with Wild Boar the most. My dogs have been the healthiest animals I've had and I know a lot of that is the food. They're 13 and they're all up around a 100 pounds and their life expectancy is seven to nine years. They've all been strong and very active. They haven't had any health issues up until last year. But other than that, their only time to the vet has been once a year to get shots. I just wish the dog food was cheaper because I spend a hundred bucks a month on it.

I have promoted Taste of the Wild to several people. I have a lady in Mexico that does an animal sanctuary in San Carlos. When she has somebody up in the States, she tries to get them to buy her a couple of bags to take down there. I also promote it with people that I know that have animals and I tell them that I use Taste of the Wild and that it is a grain-free food. Grain-free food seems to work a little better with dogs.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Best food I’ve found for my Siberian huskies. They suffered from diarrhea with another brand of dog food. After many vet appointments and medication nothing improved. I decided to change to TOTW and the problem was solved! They love it and no longer have stomach issues. Their favorite flavor is the salmon. It makes for beautiful coats!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Taste of the Wild doesn’t have grains and it’s meat-based so it has mostly meat. And I've been using it for my pets for 4 years now. I have 2 mutts. One is mostly Blue Heeler and one is mostly Malamute, but they’re kind of Heinz 57 also. They're six-ish and they've spent most of their life on this food which I buy from a store. They’re always eating the same thing. It's a great product and we’re gonna keep our doggies on it till they kick it. Go ahead and try Taste of the Wild.

Original review: July 29, 2018

For years my Golden Retriever suffered for horrible skin allergies. She was miserable... The only solution the vet had was ** and steroids... and that wasn't an option for me. We tried several foods and within weeks of trying Taste of the Wild Salmon formula, her skin had cleared up and she was a happy girl again. Years later, we would adopt another Golden that came to us with scabby, itchy skin... even though his former owners fed him the 'high end' stuff. Again, Taste of the Wild worked its magic. We will always be loyal to your company! Thank you!

Original review: July 29, 2018

I have a German Wirehair, a German Shorthair, a Blue Heeler, and a Toy Poodle. I like Taste of the Wild and I've been using this brand for my dogs for about four years now. They like it.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We just got a puppy and we asked the people at the store which dog food would be recommended for him. We said that we wanted food that is healthier and not full of junk. They recommended Taste of the Wild. We’ve tried two different flavors of this food and he always scarfed it up so fast. We’ve had our boxer puppy, Kai, for three months now, but in the short amount of time that we've been feeding him with TOTW, he has definitely been very healthy. He has a very healthy coat and he is growing strong. So, we like TOTW.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I used Blue Buffalo before but my cats seemed to not care for it a whole lot anymore and they seemed to be indifferent to it, so I wanted to try something. One of my cats has kidney cancer and had lost quite substantial weight. He wasn’t eating as much, so I bought Taste of The Wild, the Venison and the Trout, for my cats. I like the ingredients of Taste of The Wild, the way it’s made, and the explanation on it. It didn’t take a lot of time for me to switch the cats over to a different food. I give them wet and dry and they seem to like that. I use different brands of wet food, including Taste of The Wild. I pre-feed the dry food and then each cat gets a can of cat food at night. Except for the cat with cancer, all my cats are now fat and healthy.

Taste of the Wild Company Information