Consumer Complaints and Reviews
Pet Assure is a joke.. The only vets that participate with them are grossly over-priced. Be sure to check a few other vets around the immediate area before committing $10-$20 a month of your hard earned money (for Pet Assure) to end up at a vet that you would have never considered, that ends up charging you 3X more than the vet down the street. Not to mention that the vet can decide at any given time that anything on the Pet Assure website listed as qualifying they can decide not to discount at their own discretion and with blatant proof that there are multiple qualifying items not being discounted. Pet Assure will ultimately side with the vet and say that they don't see them as having done anything wrong. This sham of an insurance, is a disgrace. Take my advice and avoid it. I have multiple receipts with hundreds of dollars in discount not given.
Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor
Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.
More about Matthew→
Pet Assure is a membership program that allows users to receive discounts on health care for their pets. It has been offering these discounts since 1995.
- No waiting period: Users can begin receiving discounts on their vet bills as soon as they sign up.
- No use limits: Users can take advantage of this service as much as needed. There is no upper limit to service.
- Upfront savings: Users don't have to wait for reimbursement; they get discounts and savings at the time of their vet visit.
- No exclusions: Any pet residing in the household is eligible for coverage using this company.
- 45-day warranty: Users have 45 days to cancel their service for a full refund if they don't find it meets their expectations.
- Searchable online database: Users who do not yet have a regular vet for their pets can search this company's website by ZIP code to find vets in their area.
- Discounts on prescriptions: Users can receive a discount on prescriptions from PetRx.com when they use this service.
- Best for Households with multiple pets, households with pets who have chronic illnesses, and households with older pets.
Compare Pet Insurance
Pet Assure Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Pet Assure
- Year Founded:
- 415 Cedar Bridge Ave
- Postal Code:
- United States