4.61/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nature's Variety Dog Food

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nature's Variety Dog Food Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

Nature's Variety offers a great raw coated kibble that I feed my 2 English Labrador Retrievers. Nature's Variety produces their pet foods in their own facilities, big difference, they have ultimate control over the entire process which is why they can produce a quality food. Their ingredients are quantity, they do not use white potatoes as a binder. They use tapioca. Genius. This is what has been used in baby foods forever so you know it's safe! White potatoes not good for dogs, too much starch that turns to sugar. That being said sweet potatoes and yams however are an awesome part of a dogs diet.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

So I got a Siberian Husky puppy when he was 6 weeks old. The breeder was feeding him Purina Pro Plan Puppy and gave me some to take home until I could get to the store. Well, poor Rocky (what we named him) had the worst case of diarrhea ever from the day we got him. I made sure I kept him hydrated and did googling. I read that dogs could be given **. I had some chewable children's tabs. I gave him one before bed after almost 2 weeks dealing with this.

Other than the diarrhea he was normal and playful. He didn't wake me up that night like before and in the morning his stool was almost normal. After I fed him breakfast the watery stools came right back! Husky's are known for sensitive stomachs. So I asked a man at Petsmart about a good food. He recommended this. Since he already had upset stomach and diarrhea I didn't do the slow transition. I switched it immediately. After having him on it for a while and seeing the vet a few times after weighing him she made a comment (WHAT ARE THEY FEEDING YOU)? He was growing so well and was VERY healthy. His coat was wonderful. Vet approved!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2018

As said, although balanced with AAFCO standards, definitely doesn't use human grade, in my or our concerns, LAMB that I buy from PETCO, but still appreciate that PETCO does bring in some frozen raw food. Here on OAHU, we can't get organs of grass fed... (hate to use species name, as lamb, because of slaughter) animals, in general. I bought a $500 meat grinder and it works good, as it weighs 60 lbs, but only used it 4, 5 times. I just give her, my 5 yrs old Golden Retriever, intact female, the racks of lambs and just comparing her liking of both foods, Instinct vs Whole Foods racks of lambs, using fresh greens, chopped small, oils such as flaxseed, seven sources, pumpkin seeds, sprouted, raw, unsalted, and chopped fine with a little grinder from Macy's, it's obvious that she'LL go for the racks of lambs at $20 lb as when I give her Instinct lamb, she only eats it if it's frozen still, not thawed, even after the beach activity usually done 3, 4 times weekly.

I know as I've always taken my Goldens to beaches, being water dogs, and me, I like all of you, esp being experienced with ocean activities, after beach activity done for the day, you are hungry, as sounds is the dog. Running, swimming, in Ocean water gets any living mammal very hungry. BUT, if my dog veers away from food I take 45 minutes to prepare, of course I am not happy, and she remains hungry. Why doesn't she like it? Simple answer, being that the quality of meat used. Do you think dog food companies use human grade, towards higher qualities of meat, in their brands? I highly doubt that. Cheaper ingredients, better profits. Still, I need to sometimes use it, because I cannot BALANCE it with my homemade raw. Still, I need to give her both, I feel. Still, thanks to PETCO for bringing it in.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like that it is grain free, all natural and minimally processed. I also like that my dog loves it and feels better because I feed her this food. It is dog food that is meant for dogs and the way dogs are suppose to eat. My dog eats this stuff up. I usually have to add toppings but not with this dog food. A lower price though would be nice or more sales and promotions. I would also like to see a little more variety.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Nature's Variety has not only bite sized pieces, but it has more natural ingredients as well as actual freeze-dried pieces of meat and vegetables in the dog food, which means I am confident my dog will have all the nutrients he needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nature's Variety Dog Food?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I like everything about Nature's Variety dog food. I like that it is actually made with real ingredients and not by-products. The top two ingredient that they include are duck and chicken, which are foods that my dog enjoys very much. However, many of their products include canola oil, which I'm not the biggest fan of feeding to my dog.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Overall, it is the best on the market considering what's out there. I really like this brand and my dog really enjoys eating this brand. He had good taste. I believe that every dog and dog owner should be eating and feeding their dogs this brand of dog food.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I like the price of this dog food. I like that it can be found at a variety of stores and that it's always in stock. My pet loves it. However, I would like if it was more natural, filled with vitamins and more healthy. I would also prefer if coupons more readily available and if the dog food was more meat based.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Nature's Variety Dog Food has real meat & fish. It is grain free, inexpensive and great taste & great nutrition. It's all natural and fortified with vitamins & minerals to support dog's mental & physical health. It prevents taste fatigue and smells good. It has a good texture. My dog loves it. The only thing I would improve is greater variety & add different sizes of dry food to cover small dogs.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had been trying different brands and this was one of many that I bought for my dogs to try tried. My dogs appeared to enjoy it. But I find it expensive and because of that I would probably not buy it again.

Nature's Variety Dog Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Nature's Variety is an independently owned pet food company that makes its own pet food using all natural ingredients. It offers a variety of pet foods to support different diets that dogs may need to follow for their health.

• Raw food options: Nature's Variety offers a line of raw food products for dogs. If your vet recommends such a diet, Nature's Variety is a great option.

• Grain-free option: If you'd rather your dog follow an all-natural diet, you can get grain-free foods from this company.

• Owners are also pet owners: Nature's Variety owners also own dogs and never sell products they wouldn't use with their own pets.

• Meat and fish-based protein: Your dogs will get all the high-quality protein they need to keep their muscles healthy.

• Free of corn, wheat, soy and other genetically modified foods: There are no GMOS in any of Nature Variety's products.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Nature's Variety Dog Food Company Information