2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Meow Mix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meow Mix?

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have been giving my cat hairball control dry for years. She is a long hair and it decreased her vomiting. I also give her a Meow Mix wet food a few times a week. After doing some research I decided to switch her wet food. I’m going on 3 weeks now and can’t believe the increased amount of energy she has. It took her awhile to start eating the new wet food. Meow mix puts so much junk in there. I think she was kind of addicted to it, she didn’t want anything else which I also read about. It might sound crazy but I feel like she already so much healthier. She just looks more alert. Looking for a new dry food now also.

Original review: March 13, 2020

The Meow Mix dry cat food causes my cats to vomit. We stopped feeding it to them and they stopped vomiting and seem to like their new food better. My husband mistakenly brought out the meow mix again and the dogs started eating it and they would vomit too along with horrible diarrhea. Finally figured out what happened and since throwing away all of the meow mix all of my pets are fine. I don't know what's in the stuff but it isn't safe for any animal to eat.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I switched over to this brand because of the price I noticed that my cat started vomiting. Then the day before she died she slept all day with my family and peed in our bed. She ran to the basement and the next day when we came home we saw her laying on the blanket. I picked her up and she started meowing horribly. I brought her upstairs and put her in a blanket because she could not walk. Her Mouth tongue and nose and ears had no color. They were white. She laid on me and was panting then went into seizure. Vomited. Went back into a seizure and died. We were all crying and buried. She was my daughter's favorite cat. :( Please don’t this brand and look for something natural. I wish I read the reviews before buying it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

A friend couldn't find a home for her last kitten so I decided to take her. Since October 2019, when her mom cat became prego she put her on kitten food. For weeks and after pregnancy the mom cat has been on this brand and suffered horrible diarrhea. Took her to the vet & got dewormed. Still having issues. Now months later, me having the kitten, she's having same problem! As well using this brand, which my friend gave as a donation for taking her in. Poor thing been going for my other cats adult kit-dadoodle food brand instead. So I allowed my adult to have a little of what's left of the Meow Mix & is now getting the same smelly gassy flatulence! And RUNNY POOP. Which got me thinking something is wrong! PLEASE STOP USING THIS IMMEDIATELY!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have been feeding my cat Meow Mix all his life of nine years. Something didn't seem right when I opened the current bag of cat food. He started vomiting for two days and died. I wish I would have read the reviews on the internet and maybe would have stopped feeding this to him and switch to a different brand. I can't prove this is what happened but I also can't prove it didn't. He was a very active, healthy cat.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have been buying this same brand for years now, my cat would only ever eat the Tender Favorites with REAL salmon & crab meat in sauce. I have always purchased in lots of 30 to 50 at a time, this last batch I have now opened 7 containers and have thrown out the remains of 7 containers after our cat has thrown up each time. When I took a good look at the container I noticed a sticker on the bottom saying Made in Thailand. I don't remember the previous containers having this sticker. Also the gravy is not the same anymore and the texture is completely different. I have 23 containers left which will be getting returned to the store. NO MORE MEOW MIX for my cat, she is too precious to us. This Company needs to do something about it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I have been feeding this brand (Meow Mix) to my cats for many years especially because they are so gosh darn picky. However, I recently noticed that my cats have been vomiting and having loose stool. They only eat dry food so I changed the brand of food to test out my theory and sure enough all 5 cats are no longer vomiting. I don’t know if Meow Mix changed their formula or something but I will no longer be buying their food for my babies anymore.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I feed my cats another brand, but my hubby bought Meow Mix this time. My cats have been throwing up, and I just left one at the vet with severe poisoning symptoms. The only thing they've had is Meow Mix. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

After many years of feeding Meow Mix to my now old Garfield cat, there must have been a formula change as both my young and old cat are now vomiting after eating. My dogs ate some as well and vomited. The appearance of the food has changed. It is now several different colors with light spots in the center. Why would they change such a great product?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I've bought my cat MEOW MIX for YEARS, UNTIL TODAY. I found in my pets food WORMS. Then I investigated the cat food that was still in the bag I didnt have room for in her SEALED TUPPERWARE container. I can't even tell you how disgusting it was inside as I had not see it when I opened it to pour into her container. I took back to the store I bought it from. Manger opened several more bags off the shelf all from different lits &THEY TOO WERE FULL OF WORMS. I called the meow mix company. Waste of time as they were oh so chalfant trying to insist it wasnt a problem on their end. B.S.!, I sad.

So they offered me free pet food coupons for meow mix, WHICH I WILL THROW IN MY TRASH SAME AS THEIR INFESTED DISGUSTING FOOD. They can't pass the buck off on the store when every bag we opened was contaminated as well. I took pics but can not find where I can add it. But it's on my FB page under LESLIE **. No wonder my cat had been vomiting for the last week when I bought the food. Their factory needs to be investigated for cleanliness because apparently the manufacture place is FILTHY.

Meow Mix Company Information