3.97/5

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

Kirkland Cat Food

Need help choosing a cat food brand?

29 Kirkland Cat Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Over the years I have fostered hundreds of cats and kittens. Almost every one has been eating Kirkland Cat Kibble. They all like it and my two resident cats have a healthy, shiny coat and have been eating it for years. They rarely get hairballs and I credit the good quality food along with several bowls of fresh filtered water around the house.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I've been feeding all cats - indoor and outdoor - Kirkland Maintenance cat food for probably three or four years. They seem to do fine. The reason I'm writing this review is that about a year ago, a stray cat appeared on my door. He was clearly thin and his fur was also thin. I wondered if he was sick but he ate the food that I leave out for all the strays and ferals. I noticed this morning how thick his coat is and he is doing really well. I have to attribute it to what he is eating because he still lives outside and that is a hard life. I have more cats inside that I can handle so bringing him inside isn't an option. I did have him neutered.

Get expert buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been using Kirkland cat food for a couple years but this last bag I believe is making my cats sick. They ate it with no problems initially but now they have stopped eating it and seem very stiff and lethargic, and have started to lose weight. Anyone else? Will take them to Vet now.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased three bags of Kirkland Maintenance Cat Super Premium Chicken and Rice from Costco a while ago - expiration date is June of 2018. My two cats "dug in" (they seemed to like the change), however, a couple of days later they started to not eat the food. I noticed my black cat started to lose weight at the same time (I cannot say if it is a coincidence or not). Anyway, the black cat (looks like "Socks") lost some weight and I lost him last night. If anyone can come back with information I would appreciate it. I don't think the grey cat is having any problems, however, I don't want to lose him as well.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I purchased Nature's Domain Canned Cat Food at Costco. It does not say made for Kirkland so I assume it is the name on the can that needs to know this. I liked that it was organic and had good ingredients. However, when I gradually introduced it to my 3 cats of various ages from the first taste they would not eat it. I mean even mixed with their current food they would not touch it. I don't like returning items so I gave some of the cans to a friend with 2 cats. Her cats would not touch it either. Neither my cats or hers are fussy eaters so it was surprising that they would not touch this food. I would love to know why. I am donating it to a shelter but I hope I am not giving them a bad product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Cat Food?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Our cats enjoy Kirkland Cat Food more than others. With other products, I see the cats throwing up on occasion, but not with Kirkland brand. It offers a variety of food types. It is affordable and since we have so many cats, we need the large size that is available at Costco. It has a good value. However, this brand is only available at Costco so it is not always convenient and sometimes I may prefer to get a smaller amount due to finances, but that is not available. I would tell my friends that our cats enjoy this brand. They come running when they heard one of us pouring the product into the feeding tray.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My cat likes Kirkland Cat Food which I decided to try at Costco. She enjoys trying all kinds of food, so when I saw this I gave it a go. I am happy when I can find a specific wet food product that my cat enjoys. She loved the taste so I continue to purchase it. The problem is that I must buy in bulk and I like to give her a variety of brands/flavors. I dislike that I can only find this brand at Costco and I must buy it in bulk. When buying in bulk, I do not have to choice of many flavors/varieties as in other cat food products.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My cat likes this food. I often feed this to her and she doesn't eat all the food because I feed her a couple times a day, but she always eats this brand. My cat likes to get into the bag with her claws if I'm late feeding her. It is a great brand and the ingredients meet my quality expectations. It is my "go-to" brand. It has a great value and reasonably priced. Other comparable products are more expensive.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

The packaging is what caught my eye at first. I brought it home and my cat loves it compared to other brands out there. I trust my cat and if she loves it I do too. It is also very nutritious and gives my pet the energy she needs to stay active throughout the day. I have heard nothing but great thing and my friend loves it and that is all I care about.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I've seen commercials for this brand and decided to try it. My cat likes the food and I feel good for feeding it to her. It's got good ingredients/nutrients for my cat and it seems reasonably healthy for her. I like that it lists the nutrients and ingredients right on the bag. It's in the price point I like but I wish I could buy it in smaller bags and that it weren't quite so expensive.

Kirkland Cat Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Kirkland knows cat owners sometimes worry about the food they give their four-legged friends, which is why it developed a food that meets a cat's special nutritional need using ingredients that cat owners can trust.

• Contains probiotics: Probiotics provide good bacteria that live in the digestive system, and they help keep cats healthy by balancing out the bad bacteria.

• Human grade: Kirkland cat probiotics are all human-grade, which means they are processed under strict human-grade standards and are free of harmful pathogens and other contaminants.

• Specially designed formula: Kirkland Cat Chicken and Rice Formula is designed to meet the special nutritional needs of cats. It also has a balanced amount of protein and fat to keep a cat's body in top condition.

• Indoor cat formula: Indoor cats can become overweight, which is why Kirkland Signature Super Healthy Weight Indoor Cat Formula helps indoor cats keep at a healthy weight with a lean body condition.

• For different stages: Kirkland Cat Food products are balanced for all life stages, which means they are suitable for kittens and adult cats.

• Best for: Active cats, cats who need probiotics and cats who may be overweight.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Kirkland Cat Food Company Information