Kirkland Cat Food

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We switched from a different Nature Domain flavor to the Salmon and Sweet Potato. Our big cat wouldn't eat it and before we could figure out to research it online and learn about Nature's Domain history, our new little kitty had eaten enough that he spent the last three days totally listless and barely moving. Well, this morning we found him dead and I'm pretty upset about it.

I have 18 indoor rescue cats and have been feeding them Kirkland cat food for about 10 years, along with Friskies canned food at night. The last two days they are no longer eating it. Not even the ones who don't want the Friskies. Is anyone else aware of a problem? I have been feeding Kirkland lamb and rice to the dogs for years and they're fine.

I have 4 cats. I was originally feeding them Pro-Plan chicken, but switched to Kirkland Chicken two weeks ago. The cats stopped hacking up and slowed their dry food intake. I think the product might be better for the cats since they don't have a lot of grains in it like the Pro-Plan. I really like the price difference. Pro-plan is about $35 for 16lbs, and Kirkland is about $18.00 for 25lbs. The cats don't seem to notice a difference and they seem more active. They don't act like they are starving in the morning for the canned food either. 5*. Dry food is the main staple for my cats. I load up a 5lb hopper on an auto feeder every couple of weeks. The cats have had Science Diet, Pro-Plan, Iams, and now Kirkland and I'm pretty happy that the cats are happy with Kirkland.

One of my 5 year old cats was constantly throwing up. I took him to the vet and they put him on meds, telling me that some cats, like people, get GERD. I fed them Blue or Taste of the Wild. Several months ago I decided to try Kirkland brand. The puking stopped right away. After 4 years of cleaning up barf, it was no longer and issue. I think that pets, like people, can have issues with certain foods! It doesn't mean the food is tainted or bad! Taste of the Wild and Blue are great food. I just think it was too rich for him.

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

Kirkland knows cat owners sometimes worry about the food they give their four-legged friends, which is why it developed a food that meets a cat's special nutritional need using ingredients that cat owners can trust.

• Contains probiotics: Probiotics provide good bacteria that live in the digestive system, and they help keep cats healthy by balancing out the bad bacteria.
  • Human grade: Kirkland cat probiotics are all human-grade, which means they are processed under strict human-grade standards and are free of harmful pathogens and other contaminants.
  • Specially designed formula: Kirkland Cat Chicken and Rice Formula is designed to meet the special nutritional needs of cats. It also has a balanced amount of protein and fat to keep a cat's body in top condition.
  • Indoor cat formula: Indoor cats can become overweight, which is why Kirkland Signature Super Healthy Weight Indoor Cat Formula helps indoor cats keep at a healthy weight with a lean body condition.
  • For different stages: Kirkland Cat Food products are balanced for all life stages, which means they are suitable for kittens and adult cats.
  • Best for Active cats, cats who need probiotics and cats who may be overweight.

Compare Cat Food