Kirkland Cat Food

Compare Cat Food

Research top Cat Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My cat likes Kirkland a lot and they can be fussy. It is affordable, the price is reasonable and it's convenient to buy in bulk. It has a good value for the money. On the other hand, I don't like the nutrition of the food. The ingredients are not the best and I'd like it to have better ingredients and be formulated for their needs. Other than that, it is a reliable and convenient product and I would recommend it.

Our cats enjoy Kirkland Cat Food more than others. With other products, I see the cats throwing up on occasion, but not with Kirkland brand. It offers a variety of food types. It is affordable and since we have so many cats, we need the large size that is available at Costco. It has a good value. However, this brand is only available at Costco so it is not always convenient and sometimes I may prefer to get a smaller amount due to finances, but that is not available. I would tell my friends that our cats enjoy this brand. They come running when they heard one of us pouring the product into the feeding tray.

My cat seems to love the brand and seems easy to eat and digest. My cat loved the taste and the small kibble and does not have any digestive issues as have happened with other foods. My cat has had vomiting/diarrhea and not wanting to eat in the past, but never on this food. I also like the price and availability. It is an inexpensive brand that can be picked up at many retailers.

It is cost effective and my cats liked it. Plus it was convenient to get at the time. But it is not a grain free food. I prefer a more high quality cat food for my cats so it wasn't quite what I expected. Usually Kirkland brands are fine but I do wish that they would carry some of the brand name cat foods that are grain-free.

I've seen commercials for this brand and decided to try it. My cat likes the food and I feel good for feeding it to her. It's got good ingredients/nutrients for my cat and it seems reasonably healthy for her. I like that it lists the nutrients and ingredients right on the bag. It's in the price point I like but I wish I could buy it in smaller bags and that it weren't quite so expensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Cat Food?

The packaging is what caught my eye at first. I brought it home and my cat loves it compared to other brands out there. I trust my cat and if she loves it I do too. It is also very nutritious and gives my pet the energy she needs to stay active throughout the day. I have heard nothing but great thing and my friend loves it and that is all I care about.

My cat likes this food. I often feed this to her and she doesn't eat all the food because I feed her a couple times a day, but she always eats this brand. My cat likes to get into the bag with her claws if I'm late feeding her. It is a great brand and the ingredients meet my quality expectations. It is my "go-to" brand. It has a great value and reasonably priced. Other comparable products are more expensive.

My cat likes Kirkland Cat Food which I decided to try at Costco. She enjoys trying all kinds of food, so when I saw this I gave it a go. I am happy when I can find a specific wet food product that my cat enjoys. She loved the taste so I continue to purchase it. The problem is that I must buy in bulk and I like to give her a variety of brands/flavors. I dislike that I can only find this brand at Costco and I must buy it in bulk. When buying in bulk, I do not have to choice of many flavors/varieties as in other cat food products.

I love everything about Kirkland Cat Food and my cat loves it too. The size of the bag will last me a very long time and saves me a lot of money! It is just as good as any name brand. I get a great quantity for a reasonable price. I would continue shopping Kirkland and would let my friends know about the cost and quantity and the quality is the best.

My cat's favorite because it is flavorful. The ingredients and natural texture of food are some things that I like in my cat food. The brand is also very good to share and the natural ingredients. Its aroma and its quality and ones of the indications it is high quality cat food.

Kirkland is a dependable company that cares about your choices for your pets and enjoys making animals healthy. They have competitive pricing and good branding. They also stay informed and are interesting to read about. Kirkland Cat Food keeps your cat healthy and happy and have us enjoy longevity for our pets. You feel that you're doing things 'right' for your pet and making a good choice.

I really like this cat food brand. It's a big bag so I only have to buy cat food once every couple months. Ingredients are good compared to other name brand cat foods of similar price. However the ingredients are not all organic or natural and sometimes not possible to find the flavor I want. Prefer to get a grain free organic brand but this is much cheaper, like half the price of the food I was buying before, and still very good quality. It's a really good deal. I also trust the Kirkland brand. The major thing is that the only Costco is 20 minutes from my house so it's inconvenient to buy... however bag isn't bulky and hard to store. Sometimes I can't find the poorly one or it's not in stock. Overall, it's a good value for the amount of food you get. My cat loves it.

The food was cheap and my cat likes it a lot! She thinks it's very yummy and never doesn't eat it. The old cat food she would never eat so she got really skinny but this one she likes so we don't have to worry about her being too skinny and not eating anymore. However, it could be made with better, fresher ingredients and have real meat and grains and cat vitamins in it. It could come in different sized bags - cause I have only found one size so far and I want options. Very nutritional overall. My expectations were met. My cat is happy and I am happy. If your cat is picky, this might be a good brand for you.

It's nutritionally balanced, not too pricey, and cats love it. As most cats are, mine are very finicky so finding a food they all like and devour is always great. My cats won't eat Ian's or Rachel Ray. I have tried more cat foods than I can remember and Kirkland is on the hallelujah list. If the cats are happy, I'm happy. When they like something, I continue to buy it. If you've thrown out to the birds as much cat food as I have, you'll be happy with Kirkland. My cats and I highly recommend Kirkland.

It's a good value and provides many different options for cat food, such as for weight management, etc. As long as you have a Costco card it is very accessible. However, I am not aware of all the ingredients within this food. I don't necessarily trust that it's the highest quality, but it is a safe and easy choice.

It has high rating and I like that it's a complete cat formula. My cat digests it very well, no throwing up or runny poop after eating this product. Cats really enjoy. However, expensive food which makes it hard to buy every time especially if running low on cash at the time then I have to change the food which is never good with cats or dogs. Overall, good quality makes feeding my cats satisfying knowing they are getting what they need. This is a good product that I can trust for my cats to eat without worrying and I will continue to buy.

I like that it comes in many flavors for my cats and it's at a reasonable price. My cats like the food and consistently finish this on a regular basis. They do not get sick while eating this food, but I have to buy a lot of this brand and it can be a challenge to store all of this food. I do not have a lot of extra room and sometimes I don't buy this brand because of it.

It is a good cat food and has all the proper nutrition your cat needs. I like that it is anti allergy for my cat. Tastes good to cat. However, I don't like that I have to buy it at Costco and I wish it was a lower cost. It is fairly expensive but is well worth it. It doesn't have as many flavors as I would like but it comes in a variety of flavors and still good for your cat.

Kirkland food seems to be great option for my cats and their health; it comes in different and convenient presentations. My cats love to eat their food but some presentations doesn't have a way to close back the product once this is open; eventually this could affect the quality of the food in the bottom of the bag. Kirkland has the ingredients that my cats need to be happy, healthy and they love its flavor. All with a very fair price. Happy cats, happy life ;).

My cat is picky on her food so I have to watch what kind of food I buy her or she won't eat it. I love my cat so I will buy her what she want to eat but I would like to find coupons for the cat food so I can get a deal on it. I don't like the price on cat food. I would like to try to save some money on her food. I know I have a lot of money on my food with using coupons so I would like to start saving on cat food too. Could really use the saving. It's good cat food but a little on the pricey side. My cat like it and I have not seen too many issues with it but I would still keep an eye on recalls and on cheaper cat food and I hope one day they will start giving us coupons for her type of cat food. Seems how we get coupons for our food so why can't we have them for our brand in cat food too. I like my cat food.

We switched from a different Nature Domain flavor to the Salmon and Sweet Potato. Our big cat wouldn't eat it and before we could figure out to research it online and learn about Nature's Domain history, our new little kitty had eaten enough that he spent the last three days totally listless and barely moving. Well, this morning we found him dead and I'm pretty upset about it.

I have 18 indoor rescue cats and have been feeding them Kirkland cat food for about 10 years, along with Friskies canned food at night. The last two days they are no longer eating it. Not even the ones who don't want the Friskies. Is anyone else aware of a problem? I have been feeding Kirkland lamb and rice to the dogs for years and they're fine.

I have 4 cats. I was originally feeding them Pro-Plan chicken, but switched to Kirkland Chicken two weeks ago. The cats stopped hacking up and slowed their dry food intake. I think the product might be better for the cats since they don't have a lot of grains in it like the Pro-Plan. I really like the price difference. Pro-plan is about $35 for 16lbs, and Kirkland is about $18.00 for 25lbs. The cats don't seem to notice a difference and they seem more active. They don't act like they are starving in the morning for the canned food either. 5*. Dry food is the main staple for my cats. I load up a 5lb hopper on an auto feeder every couple of weeks. The cats have had Science Diet, Pro-Plan, Iams, and now Kirkland and I'm pretty happy that the cats are happy with Kirkland.

One of my 5 year old cats was constantly throwing up. I took him to the vet and they put him on meds, telling me that some cats, like people, get GERD. I fed them Blue or Taste of the Wild. Several months ago I decided to try Kirkland brand. The puking stopped right away. After 4 years of cleaning up barf, it was no longer and issue. I think that pets, like people, can have issues with certain foods! It doesn't mean the food is tainted or bad! Taste of the Wild and Blue are great food. I just think it was too rich for him.

Expert Review

Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.    More about Dr. Ken Tudor→

Kirkland knows cat owners sometimes worry about the food they give their four-legged friends, which is why it developed a food that meets a cat's special nutritional need using ingredients that cat owners can trust.

• Contains probiotics: Probiotics provide good bacteria that live in the digestive system, and they help keep cats healthy by balancing out the bad bacteria.
  • Human grade: Kirkland cat probiotics are all human-grade, which means they are processed under strict human-grade standards and are free of harmful pathogens and other contaminants.
  • Specially designed formula: Kirkland Cat Chicken and Rice Formula is designed to meet the special nutritional needs of cats. It also has a balanced amount of protein and fat to keep a cat's body in top condition.
  • Indoor cat formula: Indoor cats can become overweight, which is why Kirkland Signature Super Healthy Weight Indoor Cat Formula helps indoor cats keep at a healthy weight with a lean body condition.
  • For different stages: Kirkland Cat Food products are balanced for all life stages, which means they are suitable for kittens and adult cats.
  • Best for Active cats, cats who need probiotics and cats who may be overweight.

Compare Cat Food