2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Iams Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Ok, I guess I am speaking on behalf of my cat but the Iams brand is one that was recommended since the first day I rescued my cat. I do alternate with the Wellness brands as well because he loves variety in flavors but that brand is more expensive. Duma loves the Iams dry food in Salmon and prefers the Tuna in wet. He will eat any other flavor as long as I alternate them but loves seafood just like his human. Another cool feature is the portion control size feature which is unique and keeps their food fresh every time compared to when I have to use cans and split them up and keep them in the refrigerator. I think that out of all the brands that you listed on this survey by far Iams brand is the best and the one that I trust the most.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My two cats love Iam's cat food. We recently got a recommendation from an employee at the pet food store to switch to the Iam's food for elderly cats. This is exactly what my older cat needed as it has smaller morsels that are easier for him to chew since having many teeth removed. Both our cats really love the taste of the food and have had less vomiting from them since switching.

Get buying tips about Cat Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

We have two rescue cats; Pepper, a black Persian and Lila, a little Tabby. We tried various dry foods (along with a compliment of wet food) but our cats were coughing hairballs weekly. We found Iams hairball prevention cat food; and the cats not only love the taste, it has eliminated hairballs. We plan to only use Iams because it is a quality food for our sweet kitties.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have an older cat that has been on a diet of Iams dry cat food and another brand of wet food. We recently changed to the individual meals of Iams wet food with the dry food. She loves it. Her coat is nicer and she eats less wet food because it has more nutrients and she doesn’t need as much. Her coat is nicer and she is more satisfied with less food.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

7 days ago we bought Iams healthy indoor formula cat food. My two cats are pushing 10 years old and we had been buying cheap 20 lb. bags of Friskies, but I wanted something more high quality. Both have rejected Iams. One cat is eating her Friskies just fine now. My other cat threw up the Iams and has barely eaten since. She rejects chicken baby food, tuna juice (her favorite), Fancy Feast wet and kitten formula. She is dying. I know it's probably a coincidence...but we are putting her down tomorrow. This was a healthy cat. This is a disturbing coincidence.

Original review: July 17, 2020

The IAMS Cat Food that I buy seem to have helped the cats who eat it -- whether it's for sensitive stomach, kidney problems, diabetic or other conditions. I really appreciate it not having food coloring and harmful chemicals.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Could you please make one of your cat foods so that it is soft in texture. I use Iams but my cats like softer cat food, especially since they are so little. Something where they don’t have to crunch so hard. They leave crumbs in the bowl every time and I wind up wasting half the bowl of food. If it were soft, they would eat all of the food.

Original review: July 15, 2020

It is a very healthy brand and cats seem to love it so it must be very tasty for them. The prices are reasonable esp w larger bags and cats seem to eat a bit less than the cheaper brands so you save $ in the long run. My vet recommends it too. Keeping your cat happy healthy and loved, what more can you do!

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have an old cat, 14 years, and she has stomach issues so I put her on Iams Sensitive stomach and she is doing much better on that. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I also have a 12 week old kitten and she is Iams kitten food. She loves it and is doing very well.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our cat seems to like the dry as much as the wet. It doesn't give him the runs or hairballs. It doesn't seem to make his poo strong smelling either. It's a little pricey. Sometimes have a hard time finding the one he eats at stores without going to a pet store.

Iams Cat Food author review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Iams Cat Food is a company dedicated to providing pets with the best food possible. Iams was founded on the philosophy that pets need to be given the best nutrition possible. Since its founding, Iams has relentlessly researched new ways to improve their recipes and to ensure that their customers' furry family members are provided with all they deserve.

• Quality products: Iams never cuts corners when making their pet food, they ensure that all the ingredients they use can pass very rigorous test to ensure that they are safe for your pets.

• Tireless research: Iams' research has always resulted in groundbreaking new foods, they were the first to use many new types of food that better cater to the way your pet is supposed to eat.

• Innovative thinking: The company's research has always been centered around their innovative ideas, these ideas have led to healthier and higher quality foods.

• Food safety: They consistently surpasses all regulations placed on food production safety with their superior production guidelines, this ensures that your pet is provided with the best possible food and not anything that is unhealthy for them.

• Full refund guarantee: If a consumer is dissatisfied with any Iams product, Iams offers a 100% confidence guarantee and will provide a full refund for their product.

by Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Iams Cat Food Company Information