3.8/5 (190 ratings)

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Iams Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I have been feeding my 2 cats Iams dry cat food for years. About 4 weeks ago my 10 yr old cat started vomiting once or twice a day. I got her to the vet who gave her a shot to make her stop vomiting and put her on an antibiotic in case she had a bacterial infection that was causing her to vomit. I leave the cat food out for my cats at all times. Within 2 hrs of the shot, cat vomited again. While on the antibiotic, she went two days without vomiting but started back up.

I have an appointment on Friday to get the blood panel work done since she is still vomiting. In between all of this, my other cat vomited once and then tonight they are BOTH vomiting. I Googled Iams and vomiting and came across all these reviews tonight. I ran to the store and have bought a bag of Rachael Ray Nutrish and have thrown out the Iams. Will be showing the reviews to my vet on Friday. Along with this, my 10 yr old cat’s fur over time has gotten rough, shedding like crazy, and has patches of skin that look like bad dandruff, plus just lays around A LOT, which matches what all of these other posts are saying. What is our recourse?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

We originally started getting our kittens Blue healthy kitten food and they loved it, but as they hit a year old we decided to try Science diet urinary tract dry food because we were told cats are susceptible to UTI'S and our local store didn't carry anything like that in Blue brand. We did notice occasional vomiting so thought it was the brand and switched to Iams. Almost immediately they were both vomiting undigested food. Projectile vomiting at times and then the one sickly kitty became lethargic, sleeping more than usual, crabbier than usual and then heavy salivating so today we decided to just switch them back to Blue and I recently added a probiotics immune booster to their canned food. I decided to see if their were any complaints on this food and found this site with reviews with similar problems and wise! I'm so glad that we decided to switch before it was too late. Never again will I buy this brand.

Original review: July 21, 2019

We have 12 cats so I decided to give them some variety in the dry food we give them. A few years ago I began buying Iams dry food in various types to have alongside the Purina blue food I give them. For a long time the cats ate either type in the same quantity. About 6 months ago I noticed they were not eating the Iams, and would not eat until I put the Purina out for them. Not even the feral cats on the porch would eat it. I came looking for a way to ask Iams if they had changed their recipe, and found these warnings. I threw away the 3 bags of Iams I had just bought and am looking for a new "other food" to give them.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought the food at Chewy.com but I am not putting a receipt in here. You will have to trust that I actually bought this food. In April, I decided to see if I could give my (older) cats something different and tasty to eat. So I bought Iams Cat Food. Iams Urinary tract formula. What I am reading in these reviews match my experience VERY closely. I have male/female siblings, the male was pretty unhealthy, so I thought it a coincidence that he became lethargic and sort of ill. He then died of a (not diagnosed) problem that from what I have read matched symptoms of congestive heart failure or feline asthma.

I continued to feed the female the food mixed 1:1 with a lower calorie urinary tract formula food they ate for years. After a few months she is showing the same symptoms as the male did. Lethargy, hair lose, dry/unhealthy hair, coughing fits, and additionally constant (unusual) thirst. This has scared me enough to throw out the remainder of the food and start again feeding the (Purina) urinary tract formula. If you are feeding this food and see these symptoms, STOP! The death I saw of the first cat was horrible and traumatic... gasping for breath and obviously terrified! I would avoid feeding this food and find something else. I very much wish I had read the reviews before I bought the stuff!

Original review: June 24, 2019

I purchased Iams Proactive Health, Healthy Senior today. I mixed a bit in with her current food and she ate it up pretty quick. I’m not even sure why but I decided to read some reviews and became terrified from everything I read. About an hour after she ate, she was just acting very strange almost like she was confused, I could tell she wasn’t herself and became sick and puked most of it up. I tossed the bag out. I just wanted to share my experience in hopes to save anyone else from putting their car in danger from this toxic food. Blows my mind that companies can sell this crap.

Original review: June 16, 2019

The only reason I gave them 1 star is because they wouldn't allow keeping them all blank. I started feeding our 3 cats Iams Urinary Tract dry food in January to give them something different. By March, 1 cat, who had been healthy died unexpectedly of Kidney failure. He started losing weight right after I started them on it, but, I just thought it was because I was restricting his food intake to get him to lose weight. But, he lost 5lbs from February, when he was last at the vet to March when he died. Now, my 2 other cats are starting to throw up on a daily basis after eating their dried food (they don't get sick when I feed them their Friskies canned food at night), and their stools are now black.

After reading these reviews, I am convinced this food killed my 1 cat & is now hurting my 2 others. I will be throwing out what we have left of the Iams today, after reading these other reviews and heading to Target to get the Purina I was buying before. Someone needs to look in to the problems with this food before anyone else loses their furry loved one.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Bought Iams food when pet store was out of our usual Purina product. Within one week I realized my cat was drinking much more water - as much as 24 oz. in a day - and producing copious amounts of urine. His normally silky coat had become coarse and dry. There was some weight loss and an obvious decrease in energy. I thought to check online and discovered many complaints about this brand causing serious health problems in cats. We immediately resumed using the Purina brand. In 4 days my cat was drinking reasonable amounts of water and urine output had returned to normal. He looks better and seems much more his old self. I hate to think what might have happened had my cat continued to consume the Iams food.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have had three cats die May 2019 and the only thing I have done is feed them Iams Cat Food. Recently I mixed in Iams Adult urinary tract health nonprescription food. I've had some vomiting, and three dead. There are no warning signs except they may eat less until the day they die when you may noticed faster or labored breathing, fluid build up in their abdomen, chest and heart. They are dying of kidney failure within the day. I have reported this to the FDA today 5-22-19.

Original review: May 16, 2019

On a whim I decided to buy a bag of Iams Weight & Hairball Control (light blue bag). This is the first time my cats have ever tried any Iams food. After 2 days of feeding my 3 cats this food they became sick with one cats almost dying. They all three became very lethargic “out of it” acting the first day. The second day of feeding the cats Iams food 2 of them were still lethargic, not eating or drinking and our oldest cat was in bad shape. He could barely walk, his face was swollen and he kept his mouth open and shaking. He looked very bad and we thought he was dying.

We took the oldest cat to the vet and they could not find anything wrong with except for he was a little dehydrated. The vet figure he had got ahold of a bug or a frog and sent him home with us. We had not yet suspected the food. The next morning all 3 cats were still not well and our oldest was in very bad shape. I started to suspect the food and removed it from their bowl and gave them their regular food. We then took our oldest one back to the vet where they still could not figure out what was going on. The vet gave him a steroid shot and some antibiotics and sent him home again.

Since stopping the Iams food and switching back to our original food, 2 of the cats are back to normal. The oldest cat is getting better but is still not back to his normal self. The only change that could have sickened my cats was me giving them Iams food. They got sick after eating it and got better when I stopped giving it to them. It only took 3 days of feeding them Iams to almost kill them. I will never ever feed my animals another Iams product again. Food that acts like poison should be pulled from the shelves. Waiting on blood work results to confirm what made them cats sick. If it’s the food (which I’m 99% sure it was) Iams will be paying my vet bills.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Recently I got some Iams Perfect Portions cat food. I usually get the Sheba brand, but I thought our cat would like something different. Well, this food makes our cat throw up - and it happened twice, shortly after eating this cat food. So it's definitely this company because it never happened with the Sheba cat food. I appreciate others' comments, and I agree: don't feed Iams cat food to your cat. I'll never buy this again!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I picked up a bag of Iams Healthy Cat dry food. I thought, “It is Iams; it has to be good.” One tortoiseshell cat died mysteriously. Fine one day; dead the next. Gable, my oldest cat who was reasonably healthy, started sleeping an awful lot and losing weight. I thought it was her old age. She died Sunday. I had a rescue kitten who, again, was healthy and active. It died an hour after Gable died.

This morning I heard one of the other cats give a loud cry; I found it dead. Nothing has changed here as far as cleaning products, cat litter, only the food. I started looking for whatever happened when I found this website. I also noticed on the Iams package something about being imported from Malaysia. Was this food responsible for the death of these otherwise healthy cats? Another thing I noticed was the amount of water that was being consumed. Usually I fill up the bowls first thing every morning. Recently, it has been three or four times a day. So much of what I read on here sounds like my fur babies. I am beside myself that I could have caused this simply by buying a different brand of food.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My cat likes the food but there have been several times when she's thrown up a few minutes later. Also, I can't find a recycling symbol for the bag. Because of those two factors, I'm going to try a few other brands.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been feeding my 11 year old cat Iams all his life with no problems. Recently I have noticed he is losing weight and not really wanting to eat his Iams. I took him to the vet last week and he has lost half a kilo in weight and his coat has started parting. We had blood and urine test done and came back with no abnormalities. The vet and myself decided to monitor his weight for a couple of weeks and see if he loses anymore before we go ahead with a scan. I then thought about the change of packaging and wondered if Iams had changed the formula. I then came across all these reviews and they are the same symptoms as Khan has. Have spoken to the vet and told them of my find. Will now be going to get a different food and will never use this again. If this is the case the people who have written previous reviews have saved me hundreds of pounds so thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We started our three cats on Iams adult cat food about a month-and-a-half ago. The cats seemed to like it at first, but then each of them started throwing up little bits of cat food after they ate it. Two of my cats have become very lethargic and lay around almost 24/7 now. Their coats have gone from beautiful and shiny, to dull and Messy looking. I came online to look at Iams recipes and found so many reviews about this cat food that resemble my review. We are changing our food today. I will never go back to Iams. Our cats have the same symptoms these other cats have and we had lost two kittens previously for unexplained reasons, also eating Iams food. I am sickened at what this company has become.

I used to work in retail and sell this product in the 80s. It was one of the very highest rated products and it had earned that rating. Now it has earned 0 Stars although that was not an option. So I gave it one. We are switching to Blue Buffalo Wilderness which is lots of protein and no grain. We bought several bags of cracked corn to feed my pheasants with in the winter where we live and many of them came with mold in them. Moldy corn. I believe this is what is going into the cat food. Just my guess! Get your cats off of Iams if you want them to live and be healthy.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Had to take cat to vet after eating this food. He was vomiting, not able to pee and limping! $90 vet bill!! Some cats have died too! I'm so glad we figured this out because I looked on Consumer Affairs with this Iams indoor cat food. This is terrible that innocent fur babies are sick because of this food!! I will not ever buy Iams again. And I've been all over social media and telling everyone I know to buy different cat food!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My beautiful cat Sammy was fed Iams hairball formula dry cat food from a year old. A few months ago the food was not its usual color or size so I just figured that they changed the look of the food and fed it to Sammy. Two weeks into the food he had lost a substantial amount of weight. He would vomit the food randomly. I thought at that point the food was accidentally packaged in the wrong bag and that maybe it was a weight loss formula. I stopped feeding it and went to the store to get another bag and it was the old looking food. I said, "Ok, it must have been packaged wrong." Sammy put all his weight back on and was looking great again. His bag emptied and I went to get another bag but to my dismay it was the smaller different colored food again.

Now I knew they did change the formula. I had no choice but to feed him the food until I could get back to the store to get him something else. It was about 2-3 days. Sammy did not even want to finish his food and started looking like crap that quickly! He was still happy and acted normal but just very unhappy with the food. I purchased Purina shredded select for him after some research on cat food and it was rated great. Also when researching I found these horrible reviews and felt so guilty not having researched this sooner. People's cats actually died! I mixed the Purina with the Iams to transition him to the new food.

Sammy went bonkers for the new food. He looked great again within 3-4 days. We were so happy! Apparently I did not transition him soon enough. The Iams had already done its damage! My beautiful healthy Sammy had a heart attack and died. One minute he was happy and meowing and I looked away and then looked back at him and he was dead!!! I am still in shock and feel so guilty for not researching well enough the minute I saw that food look different. Whatever those people did to change that food is injuring the cat's organs and FAST! Sammy knew and tried to tell me by not eating well. I got the hint too late. Don't make the same mistake before you lose a best friend too. Please DO NOT USE IAMS if you love your animal.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have been using all types of Iams cat food for the past year. We switched from another brand. I noticed they don't need to eat as much as they use to. We were going through 60 pounds every two weeks. Now we go through 109 pounds every 5-6 weeks. We foster as well as taking care of our own. I did notice that if I didn't mix the two types of food properly to wean them off the other brand it would make them sick.

We have a blind cat who has kidney failure but it's NOT due to the food. He was born with it. It was said we would only have him 1-3 years. He is three years old and his kidney function is still the same. We also have some cats as they got out of their kitten stage did get leaner and some have always been thin. Then we have some cats that probably are way overweight. I'm not disputing the experiences that people have had on here. I'm just saying my cats have improved In most aspects. So at this time I have nothing but good things to say.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I thought, hey I love my cats, I should take the best care of them I can. So I splurged and bought a $40 bag of IAMS. I was well prepared for the transitional phase from one brand to another. I mixed the 2 foods for a week or 10 days gradually making the mix more Iams. It has been a month!!! Both cats still have extreme diarrhea. I am going to get them new food tomorrow. They have had diarrhea on my bed, it soaked through my quality mattress cover, onto my expensive mattress. They have had it on my pillow, on my carpet, on the hardwood floor, on my laundry, on my bathmat, in the tub, ON MY END TABLE AND MY KITCHEN COUNTER!!!

I will be contacting IAMS in the morning as well as getting new food. I will be demanding a full refund, a cleaning service, replacement of my mattress if it cannot be cleaned spotless. Of course they will not do those things so I will take every opportunity to bash them and share my experience on social media!!! DO NOT BUY THIS!!! I am looking into making a homemade cat food, since they don't eat too much I think I will be able to put good use to my healthy leftovers!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I saw this food in one of my local pet shops and decided to give it a try. It looked quite reasonable at first. After about a week, my cat started acting a lot differently and becoming unresponsive to my usual calls. She was constantly out of energy and sleeping more often than usual. Her fur was starting to get extremely rough and patchy... I immediately knew that it was this food that was doing this. I luckily caught this early, if I left it for another week, I would of taken her to the vet. Her condition was shocking, she seems like she was extremely sick. She is doing much better now since I have given her old food back. Her fur is silky again and she is much more playful and happy now. This food should be banned completely from every shop in the world and the business that made this food needs to get a massive fine. They are poisoning innocent cats!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Just over two years ago I had to adopt my mothers two cats because she is suffering from dementia, one of those cats she has had since it was born and we think Spencer was 11 years old. Notice I said was... I have a picture I took of him on 11/26 and you would go, "Fat beautiful cat." Just a few days ago he seemed fine, we were gone for not quite 3 days. Left the cats food and water as we always do since they are 100% indoor cats. We notice Sunday when we get home that in just those 3 days he looks terrible, weight loss and very lethargic so yesterday we take him to the vet.

One question they ask is what do you feed them? I could see the bag but could not think of the name so started searching and found this site. Iams Hairball in the orange bag is what we just started feeding the cats in last 4-6 months, we were on either 2nd or 3rd 7 lb bag. Is this why we just had to put our cat down, why I spent $1,300.00 in the last 12 hours because I know it's what my mother would have done? I'm not very happy now that I've seen this and I hope Iams is reading this. I will also be sending this email directly to them and plan to demand my $1,300.00. I know what their response will be so I will be monitoring this very closely for class action status. VERY UNHAPPY IAMS BUYER.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I've never bought Iams brand before because I've noticed that seem to show up on a lot of recall lists. About a month ago, I reluctantly bought Iams Senior Cat food because it was the only senior cat food in Target. Both of my senior cats seemed to be doing fine with it at first. One of my cats had a bout of diarrhea, and threw up a couple times, but I put that down to introducing new food. I noticed that my oldest cat stopped using the litter box shortly thereafter. Both of my cats started having very dark, almost black feces, and one cat appeared to have crystals or mold in hers. The stool wasn't tarry, so I chalked that up to there being too much dye in the food. Both of my cats also had worms - one with tapeworms, the other roundworms, so I thought any sort of oddness might be because of that. I gave them both the same combination dewormer, and that cleared up the worms, however the poop weirdness otherwise continued.

About a week after deworming, my eldest cat had lost a significant amount of weight, which was alarming because she is a petite cat who doesn't weigh much - 6.5 pounds at her healthiest. She is now down to 5.4 pounds and is very weak and lethargic. She still eats her food, but doesn't seem to take more than a few bites. Odder is that she gobbles up her treats, so she doesn't seem to have an appetite problem. She still doesn't use the litterbox which, with her, is only typical when she's sick. I waited a couple of weeks to see if she would gain weight after the worm was gone, weighing her every day for a week, and her weight has stayed the same. At first I thought she must have had a bad reaction to the medicine, but I've searched the Internet and have been unable to find any similar case involving the medicine. The medicine was also suitable for kittens, so I don't believe it was bad for a cat in her weight range.

After reading these other reviews, I believe it has been the cat food. My other cat seems fine, but is obese, so I'm not sure I'd notice weight loss in her immediately. I've begun giving my skinny cat Meow Mix wet food, and I've already noticed a significant increase in her energy level. She is now walking around, cleaning herself again, and seems slightly more steady standing up. I'm now beginning to suspect that this food contains a toxin that was being absorbed by the tapeworm, and that killing it actually put her at risk, as crazy as that might seem. I am going to give it a week before being definitive, but as for right now, I am warning anyone to read this to stay away.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We adopted two beautiful, vibrant, healthy kittens on December 23. We started them on Iams Kitten food because the food they had had at the rescue facility was not available in our area. After only three days of eating the Iams, they were experiencing life-threatening symptoms. By December 27 they had diarrhea and were vomiting, and had stopped eating and playing. On December 28 we took them to the vet. He could not find anything wrong with them illness-wise, but gave them an anti-nausea medication to see if that would help. They showed some interest in sniffing some wet food, but still would not eat and continued to have the digestive issues.

They would not go near the Iams. Since they had been so healthy at the rescue and then became sick so quickly, we decided to look for the food they had been given previously and drove to the nearest place that carried it (100 miles away). They still refused to eat and were losing an alarming amount of weight. We took them back to the vet, who again found no definitive signs of illness. This time they received both anti-nausea meds and an appetite stimulant. By the time we got them home, they were ravenous and devoured the new (old) food. They have been eating almost nonstop since and are once again playing actively like they were before they ate the Iams. We will never again buy an Iams product.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have been feeding my cat Iams Hairball and Weight Control (teal bag) for years. I just noticed from reviews on here that she may be experiencing the nausea and lethargic symptoms from a recently released formula. I've only been feeding her the recent bag for a few days and all the symptoms came on strong. Came home to throw up piles all over the house. Took the cat to the Emergency and they said all her labs showed nothing wrong. A co-worker suggested it could be the food and now I'm not ruling it out. If you notice sudden changes in behavior and you've been using the food I'd say switch before the nausea kicks in. It's painful to watch and not really be able to help.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I'm so glad I came across this website. I have been very frustrated as our 8 year old cat has been getting sick about once a week or so, often on one of my daughters' beds. The other day he puked on my daughter's arm as he didn't have warning enough to move, and had diarrhea under her bed. He was always healthy and ate the orange bag food for years. I de-wormed him thinking it might be parasites. That didn't work. Finally I decided to try changing his food before taking him in for a battery of costly vet tests. I picked up some canned grain-free food today and he scarfed it down. He's estimate he's lost about 3 lbs since around Sept when this all began. He's so malnourished now that he aggressively tried to eat some canned beets we had for dinner the other day. What the heck did Iams do to the formula? I didn't even know they changed it but Joe I demand to know what the changed ingredients are to make so many cats so sick!

Did you know Mars (the parent company) uses GMOs in their products (including candy). God knows what other shortcuts they've been taking. I'm

very disappointed there has not been a recall. Clearly the changes formula is TOXIC!! I'm just glad we found out before they developed something chronic like organ failure or diabetes. Iams should be ashamed. I will boycott all Mars products and we should all spread the word. Customers have a right to know when formulas are changed, especially when clearly toxic ingredients have been added. Our pets deserve better!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I purchased the IAMS weight and hairball care for the first time a few weeks ago because Target didn't have the grain free food I usually get. A couple of weeks in, I noticed that my cat looked like she had lost some weight and I thought, "wow, that seems fast". But then one morning, both my dog and cat threw up. My dog always finishes up her food if I don't pick it up. That's when I started to think this may be the cat food. This morning, she threw up again. Now, I am only feeding her a different brand of wet food because I'm afraid to keep giving her this. If she doesn't feel better after getting just her wet food, I'll have to take her to the vet. My poor kitty! I should have known. I remember hearing bad things about IAMS in the past, and I felt a little weird pulling it off the shelf. I should have listened to my intuition.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I had been feeding my cats Indoor Weight & Hairball dry food for some time. One of my cats started throwing up, even water, he got very lethargic. Started on a Friday night. By Sunday I thought he was dying, he began to stink. I took him to the vet as soon as I could Monday morning, told me his kidneys were shutting down. That there is a fat or too much fat in the hairball food, that helps the hair just slip on through, but it's too much for a cat. A dog could handle that much, but not cats. Took steroids and feeding a watered down prescription diet to bring him back. I'll never buy another Iams product again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have a 1.5 year old male indoor cat who's never had any health issues. He weighed 15.8lbs & only ever had dry Costco brand indoor cat food. I decided to put him on this Iams Proactive Health Indoor Weight & Hairball Control (Teal bag) for weight loss & gave him smaller portions over the last month. He dropped 3.5lbs within that timeframe and I thought it was a good thing. That was until I started to notice he was acting different, stopped playing, eating, drinking, pooping, sleeping 24/7, groggy, drooling, throwing up with blood, very bad breath & zombie like. I took him to a vet specialist & had the two cat leukemia/HIV tests (negative thank god), however he was so anemic his gums were white & blood tests showed his red blood count was 12 (should be 28-42).

Every time he ate this new Iams food he acted like he was starving, but he jolted away like he was in pain after just 1-2 kibbles. He'd attempt to eat again and had a terrified look on his face staring at the food. The vet found sores/pockets in the back of his gums where our wisdom teeth would be on both sides. The vet ran a tick blood test & we're awaiting the results tomorrow, depending on the outcome the next step are ultrasounds and X-rays. I've already spent $700 on blood tests, pain meds & an antibiotic. I've switched his food immediately to wet food & chicken broth so he could slurp it & he's thankfully been eating again (Blue Wilderness Salmon - has high protein & fat).

I'd stop using this immediately, this is the only thing that's changed in my cat's life and it happened to be the same time these symptoms showed up. These reviews back up my suspicions & a local PetCo worker told me she had a customer come in this week with a similar story to mine who also used this Iams cat food. I'm contacting Iams immediately, this is ridiculous that it hasn't been recalled with all these bad encounters noted on this thread. Hopeful the new diet will fix these awful impacts to my poor baby.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Bella used to eat all of her IAMS, not leaving any for later. I noticed the kibble was smaller and she was not eating all of her food when it was time to feed her again. I became concerned when she seemed to constantly be itching with allergies it seemed, and did not anything to do with her food at all. So I took her to the vet and got a shot for her. She seemed to be more and more like herself little by little. The change I noticed was with the new packaging, the plastic bag.

That was about a month and a half ago. She is eating less again. After reading all these reviews, I do believe they changed their formula. She is not itching like that again yet, but she does not want to eat that stuff at all. Food was purchased at Walmart, and upon initial discovery I also got a bag at Family Farm and Home dumped it on top of the other two. We are now down to the two bags from Walmart mixed together. It seems that I am one of the lucky ones, my heart goes out to all who had to watch their babies get sick. Very disappointed IAMS! I will be stopping on the way home to buy something else, at KROGER. I also have some Hills science diet on the way to the house from AMAZON and it will be there in two days. She tried to tell me it was garbage, wish I would have listened sooner.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We started my one year old Nebelung, Opie, on the hairball formula (orange bag) about a month ago. This is my first time with IAMS, but decided to give something new a try because I read it was good to switch up their diet every once in awhile. Opie isn’t a picky eater, so getting her to eat it wasn’t the problem. The problem came when she started throwing up. She was vomiting twice a day, where before she maybe vomited twice a month. My boyfriend and I realized tonight that we started her on this new food around the time that the problem started. Reading the reviews of it just confirmed my suspicions more. Can’t believe this hasn’t been recalled yet. I’ve taken away her food tonight and definitely will be switching her back to her old food tomorrow. I’m only posting this because I would be devastated if something happened to my Opie, and I don’t want anything to happen to anyone else’s babies out there.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I have been feeding my cats Iams Original orange bag dry cat food since the eighties. I used to purchase it from my vet and was delighted when I could purchase it from the grocery store. My cats have always been healthy, but recently they have been losing weight. I brought them in for blood work and the results came back normal.

I have always free fed my cats, so I started really paying attention to how much they ate. They really just did not care for their cat food anymore. I have been introducing a new cat food (Rachel Ray Nutrish), and they are now eating better. After 30+ years of loyalty to IAMS, I am disheartened they would change the formula without regard to their customers. Shame on them. I would have given them one star, but I figured I would add an extra for decades of trust.

Iams Cat Food Company Information