2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Iams Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Cat Food?

Original review: July 13, 2020

Our cat seems to like the dry as much as the wet. It doesn't give him the runs or hairballs. It doesn't seem to make his poo strong smelling either. It's a little pricey. Sometimes have a hard time finding the one he eats at stores without going to a pet store.

Original review: July 5, 2020

My cat's litter box is much more tolerable to clean since I switched them to this brand. No more diarrhea and less vomiting. Hairballs still happen. But that's a problem for another day. They really had no problem switching either. They used to eat mainly soft food but they really like this brand. So now it's about half & half.

Original review: July 4, 2020

This food keeps my kitties happy. I have them in age from 4-15. Healthy happy cats! I started it for my older kitty with bladder issues. He started to perk up and we ended up giving it to all of them. I recommend this food to anyone wanting to keep their cats healthy with a food that they like.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The animals enjoy the food. I have no problem with their eating habits. I have dogs too and they want to eat the cat food. Funny! I don't allow that. The food is a good price and it's healthy. Thank you for the wonderful healthy product. I will keep buying it.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Iams has been a well known brand for some years and the benefits it offers my friend's cat is great. I take care of her most of the time when he is away so Iams is the only brand he gives her. She is a very healthy and beautiful cat.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Two weeks ago I introduced Iams 7+ into the diet of our 2 cats, they were healthy 12 year old dsh. A few days ago my girl cat suddenly changed. She became subdued lethargic and very vocal. She was drinking much more than before and had started doing wees in the house. All out of character. I took her to the vets on Sunday. They said she was constipated and I brought her home. However by Wednesday I knew something wasn't right and took her back to the vets and they kept her in for tests. She had lost 1/2 kg since the Sunday, her bloods (creating marker) were sky high and she was chronically dehydrated. She did not recover and sadly this morning she had to be out to sleep.

Something made me think what if it's the food (even though I told the vet and he said it wouldn't be) and I came across this site where it seems others have had a similar experience. This is awful! I've only read the first couple of reviews but wanted to add mine immediately. This won't bring our beloved family pet back but might save others and should clearly be looked into!

Original review: June 12, 2020

My cat is/ was 16 and has been eating this for 8 years. May 5 I received my usual auto ship of food. Within 2 days she started vomiting, then diahrea and weight loss. I kept feeding it to her for 3 weeks until my roommate bought Iams for their cat. The same thing started to happen to their kitty. I immediately switched to Blue, but it was too late. My cat was down to 3 lbs when I took her in yesterday. Her liver had shut down. I laid her to rest yesterday. I don't know what was changed in the recipe, but it is making cats sick. I am heartbroken. She was perfectly healthy and running and playing with me until 3 weeks of eating her normal food. Someone, please investigate this.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I started buying Iams after not being able to find Purina in my usual supermarket. I'd never noticed it before so thought I'd try it. In the last 3 months I've bought maybe 2 of each. After buying the 2nd bag in a row for my cat and noticing he was eating less and less and drinking more water I was becoming worried for him. He was losing so much weight and he's only 5 so should be healthy. Woke up one day last week and he had vomited all over the house. The most amount of vomit I've seen any of my cats do. That was the day I found these reviews. His fur was dull, his personality had changed to be more aggressive, drinking HEAPS more water and not eating. He has ALWAYS been obsessed with food because he was a stray so when he's not eating there's something wrong.

Now I've got him Purina bikkies and Urinary pouches. He's eating and active again. His coat is shiny and he's back to trying to get everyone to feed him 10 times a day. He's eating like he's been starving for months. Avoid Iams like the plague. Not good at all. There is also a FB group calling for their boycotting and in the UK too they are one of the worst rated foods. Should be illegal.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I fed my cat Iams and was always very pleased with the result as my cat lived to the age of twenty three. We have recently got a rescue cat aged eight she has been eating wet food pouches and a different brand biscuit to graze on. Two weeks ago I thought I would try Iams as I had had such a positive result with my other cat. However since being on Iams she has had very loose motions. Either the company that make Iams have changed the recipe in the six years since my other cat passed or it just doesn’t suit my cat.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I live in Canada so I have no hope of getting any help because cat and dog food is not regulated here. I have had the same problem with my cat vomiting the food up as soon as she eats it. She was on the regular Iams (green bag) and I noticed that she was vomiting then but I thought it was because she need to have senior food. This is reminiscent of quite a few years ago when pretty much all brands of cat and dog food had a product from China that when the food was tested it boosted the amount of protein in the food. This cause countless animals to die and caused kidney problems in others. We eventually had to get our cat put down because of it. Seems like just another case of greedy companies using chemicals or whatever in their food to boost their profits. By the way it was 2007 and it was melamine that was added to dog and cat food.

Iams Cat Food Company Information