3.00/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Eukanuba Dog Food

For years Eukanuba has provided high quality, nutritious dog food to families around the globe. Every piece of our kibble was designed to give mans best friend the nutrients they need and a flavor they will love.

In order to keep your pup happy and healthy our foods have been made up of high quality proteins and special veterinary approved diets they are sure to enjoy. With a wide variety of nutritious kibble, ranging from adult dogs to puppies, we are able to cater to all of our customers needs. It is our objective to bring nutritious and delicious food to all canine food bowls.

View More View More

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Eukanuba Dog Food Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My dog became very ill after opening new bag of dog food. After carefully comparing the ingredients in the old and new bags, I saw that wheat was added to the formula. Nowhere on the new bag does it state that the formula was changed. I called the company and was told that they did change the formula in the last two or three months. As pet owners we are told to switch dog foods gradually so how can dog food companies switch formulas without telling us?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Our Akita had a rough beginning. Tried many different foods that never agreed with her, till we hit on Eukanuba.. Now that's all she will eat and is doing great! She is flourishing! We never even think of looking at any other food brands for her!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have raised all three of my dogs on Eukanuba from puppy to adult and find that it produces healthy dogs with beautiful Australian Shepherd coats and they all love it. Their overall health, according to our vet is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Complaint was also filed with the FDA. I purchased Eukanuba Lg breed food to feed my Great Dane puppies. I used to feed Canidae but needed an option that I can pick up locally. So I settled on Eukanuba Lg breed puppy food. I began the weaning process at 4 weeks. Within a few day I noticed the puppies coats just didn’t look as full and healthy as they should. Then I began to notice the hair was thinning, their eyes were red and slightly swollen, and their eyes were constantly tearing. I really didn’t think much about the food at this point.

At a puppy check up I asked my vet if he thought a vitamin would help with the issues. So, I ordered a powder vitamin and tried that from 5-7 weeks old. There was no improvement or change so didn’t continue with the vitamins. Then on December 21st 2018 I had a family reach out to me that adopted their second Dane baby from me. They said she was knuckling over on both front legs. I knew instantly this is a major nutrition deficiency. They were still feeding the Eukanuba large breed puppy food. I told them to transition her to a new food and I would order a kit from the greatdanelady.com website that will balance the nutrition and get their new baby back to normal. They received the kit 2 days later and their baby improved and was back to normal in a little over a week!

I at this point began to think Eukanuba large breed puppy food is designed to provide the proper balanced nutrition for Great Dane puppies. They even have a Great Dane puppy on the bag. Then on December 25th 2018 I had a second family contact me with the exact same knuckling over in the front legs of their Great Dane puppy. This guy is from a completely different litter and different set of parents. I instantly asked them what food he was eating. They sent me a picture of a large bag of Eukanuba large breed puppy food.

I told them to stop the food and go to the greatdanelady.com website. I told them this a server nutrition issue and told them the kit will get their new baby back to normal in a couple weeks. They received the kit on December 28th 2018 and their baby was improved by January 1st 2019. Then I had a Dane knuckle on me. His family was supposed to pick him up on January 13th and he started showing signs of knuckling over on January 12th. I called his family immediately and they opted to choose a different baby. So, I switched this guy's food immediately and decided to give him a week on new food to see if he improves without the kit.

I immediately noticed the knuckling did not get any worse the first few days on the food. It didn’t improve as fast as it would have on the kit but it was very slowly improving. Today is day number 6 on a new food and he has improved! His right leg is completely normal and his left leg is very close to normal! I contacted eEukanubaabout the coat issues and the knuckling and they said they would investigate. They didn’t even take my contact info. I had to ask her to take it to call me with the investigation findings. I feel as if there was no intent to do a review. Because I would think my info and the families that had the knuckling issues info would be very important?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

The Small Breed Puppy kibble has completely transformed my dog... I can't recommend this enough... he is so full of energy and happy. The only downside is that there is not a wet food to match so I have had to use another brand for that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eukanuba Dog Food?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We have ADTs (Airedale Terriers), the larger variety called "Oorangs" ranging from 95 to 185 lbs. The Oorang Airedale strain was developed for hunting large game such as moose, elk, bears, mountain lions, wolves, and the like. Nevertheless they are just as friendly, intelligent, active, energetic, loving, and protective as their smaller, "breed standard" cousins. They are also excellent protection for our house and we don't have to worry much about burglars and the like. We fed Eukanuba large breed (both adult and puppy version for many years). However, when we added a third ADT, she had a slightly more sensitive stomach, and we had to find another food.

When we started on that path, for the first time we started visiting the various sites which compare the nutritional value of various dog foods, and we were appalled to learn that the ingredients in the Eukanuba, which we had been using and which definitely has a "premium" price, were worse than those in some of the "bargain" variety dog foods. We tried several others before finally settling on one.The throwing up after every feeding stopped, and she seemed much happier as well as healthier - and she was certainly far more active (and that can be scary when you're talking about a 50-lb 4-month-old puppy with no "off" switch).

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have used Eukanuba Dog Food on all my dogs and they seem very happy. Excellent nutrition and beautiful thick coat on dog. It is packaged in a very fine bag also which keeps the food fresh and I am able to get it all the time - never have to be without or change foods. I myself am very satisfied with this dog food.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I need to bring to your notice that Eukanuba dog food for dogs with sensitive skin is not available at most times in Sri Lanka. I get it directly from the agent BROWNS COMPANY. But they often don't have the product I require. Please make sure the sensitive skin range is available at all times or else I will have to turn to another brand. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Always wanting to give our dog (Murphy) the best in life, we changed his dried dog food to Eukanuba small breed. Was amazed that he took to it very well then after a few days he became quiet then a few days later he became what I can only describe as depressed. We never for a moment related it to his food, he’s 10 years old so we put it down to his age. Then a week later he stopped wanting to go for walks and would stay in his bed for most of the day. He stopped greeting people. I thought he was dying.

So three weeks after it started we thought it was a tie for the vets, I know this seem a long time after he started becoming unwell but he was eating and no toilet problems and his condition grew slowly. The day before our appointment as I was getting his meal ready it suddenly occurred to me that it was about the same time as changing his food! I changed back to his old food and the change was amazing we have the old Murphy back within 2 days! Eukanuba binned!!! This has been a bad 3 weeks for us. Wanted to post this message in the event someone else is going through the same thing.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have a Border Collie puppy. I collected him from the breeder, on a diet of Eukanuba puppy at 8 weeks, now 12 weeks old. He keeps getting a runny tummy. He is under vet supervision, up to date with all jabs, etc. I am not convinced of these dry dog foods, also he is getting a dry coat. I used to breed Great Danes, and have owned many dogs over the years, and have had similar problems in the past with "quality dry dog foods." Am considering to change my puppy over to a BARF, approved diet, with consultation with the vet.

Eukanuba Dog Food expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Eukanuba, named after a piece of slang from the jazz age that means "the best," strives to give dogs the best, most nutritionally sound dog food available. Eukabana has been around since the late 1960s and is a spin-off of Iams, one of the best-known pet food companies.

• Offers food for dogs in all stages of life: Eukabana has special formulas for puppies, seniors and all other dogs, so you can get food to match your dog's specific needs.

• Offers prescription-only alternatives for dogs with health issues: Your vet can give you or prescribe Eukanuba to help an aging or ill dog have the best quality of life.

• Uses only animal protein: Uses a variety of animal, animal products, and animal meals.

• Uses rigorous quality control testing: 120 individual tests are run on batches of food.

• Has nutritional information on its website: Every product has nutritional information online so you can find the right food for your dog.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
      Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Eukanuba Dog Food Company Information