Greenfield Puppies

Strasburg, PA

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have two senior dogs, a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old, and I know that I'll probably lose them soon. I wanted to have a younger dog because I probably wouldn't go get another dog if something happened to my senior dogs, so I thought I'd get one before that happened. I was looking for a certain breed of dog and through the breeder, we heard about Greenfield Puppies. The breeder was Amish and didn't have internet, but he had a friend who hooked him up with them.

My new puppy is a beautiful, big, and healthy Swiss mountain dog. He's a good dog. He was 10 weeks when I got him and he's about 14 weeks now. I showed up at the airport with a small crate, and the man who brought him rolled him out in this crate that barely fit the back of my truck. It's so funny because he's so big that he looks like a full-grown dog with his size, but he's just a puppy, all legs and tongue.

Having my new puppy has taught me a lot because I have disabilities and I have had health issues, and it's given me hope and something to look forward to. So, I'm trying to train this dog and possibly take service dog classes. It's very exciting for me to have a fresh start, especially after taking care of two senior dogs for a couple of years now. It was my first time to get a puppy from Greenfield, but I would recommend them. I have told other people that I had a smooth transaction with them. I never had to worry. It was just perfect and the best part couldn't be any better.

We used to have a dog but had been stolen so we needed to get a new one. We haven’t found one that looked exactly liked our old one. Then I happened to find the Greenfield Puppies website and I read the reviews and most of the reviews were good. I saw that there was a lot of puppies that found a home, so I found it to be legit. I decided to call one of the owners that had the puppy that I wanted. He was very nice and kept in touch with me until I was ready to purchase the puppy and we went on from there.

The Greenfield people were very nice and polite and they kept in touch with me, like when they came to ship in the dog to me. The prices were very affordable. I actually did recommend them to two people, ‘cause I get a lot of people asking me where I get my puppy from. Our lives changed tremendously with our new dog and my kids are in love with him. We made sure we went through all the measure that we did with the first dog we had. We got him a dog tag and a collar and everything with the phone number and address because anything can happen.

I lost a dog and decided I wanted another one. I wanted a Cavapoo, so I googled online and Greenfield Puppies came up. I went through all the Cavapoos that were listed for sale and Charlie caught my eye. He's four months old now and he's got a great personality. He's also wonderful with my 15-month-old grandson. Life is so much sweeter with him. I would highly recommend Greenfield Puppies.

We have a 65-acre farm here and we have four dogs presently. My dream is to have 10. My dogs don’t have leashes on and they don’t have collars on and they run free all day long. The entire property's fenced in. It was time for another puppy for me because I had lost my Border Collie a year ago and I don’t feel complete until I have a Border Collie beside me. I couldn’t find one website that I could go on to adopt a dog. But Greenfield Puppies was really accommodating. I was probably an unusual candidate and they caught on very quickly.

I got a Border Collie and I’m very pleased with him. He's 15 weeks old now. I used Greenfield for the shipping. All my other negotiations like the puppy’s health, I dealt directly with the owner. That’s what I was instructed to do and I found that refreshing because he was a dairy farmer and I'm a farmer here as well. It was nice to have two computer illiterate people come to a decision on the dog and that was a good experience.

I found Greenfield to be very polite. I am computer-stupid. Their staff called me and didn’t make fun of me. I talked to the girl on the phone and I’m a pretty good judge of people. She seemed like an honest girl. She listened to me, did everything I asked and called me instead of making me go through emails. I put this young girl through hell and I told her that if it's going to be $400, I didn't want to have the dog show up here and I end up owing them $800. She told me that would never happen and her estimate was right in exactly what she said it was going to be.

They had to plan for the shipping of my dog. I probably should have been notified a little earlier but that was not their fault but the airline's and with trying to find the right plane and the right situation. I did not want the dog to go from Pennsylvania to Chicago to Atlanta to Boston. The dog wasn’t on the plane more than six hours which was about the maximum time. Otherwise, I would’ve driven to get him. I got my dog, they got their money and everybody’s happy.

I would absolutely recommend Greenfield Puppies. I've heard horror stories from other people but there was nothing in my experience with Greenfield that would stop me from calling them up and shipping another dog through them or having them forward me to another fellow farmer who might have a litter. It worked out great. I was very pleased with them. My Border Collie, Murray, is happy and he says, “Good job, Greenfield.”

I was looking for a puppy and found the Greenfield website. I was a bit skeptical but read the reviews and they were mostly positive. I contacted breeder and had a few conversations, drove to Quarryville PA to take a look at the pups. I was greeted by the mom (a sweetheart) who was on the grounds along with a German Sheppard which had run of the property. The property itself was fine and the kennel seemed to be too.

I chose to purchase a male pup -- fell in love and went back on 12/9 to pick him up. It was quite cold that day so I was surprised to see that the pups were outside. The young boy (13 or so) who assisted me was very friendly and helpful but clearly not who I should have been dealing with when buying a puppy from a Breeder. After returning home with our sweet bundle of fluff we found that he had fleas and worms. I took him to the vet that Monday (bought him on a Friday) and was also told that he could hear a heart murmur (2 out of 7 but still a concern). Happy to report on his second check up the vet couldn't hear the murmur (fingers crossed). He is 13 weeks and a super sweet and loving addition to our family. I would just be a little cautious with the breeders vet information --- the vet that originally did the exam should have heard the heart murmur.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

I had a puppy one year ago and it wasn’t the right breed, so I did a bit of research into the right breed. My friend had bought a Cavapoo off Greenfield Puppies a year prior and she was raving about the breed. It seemed like the right breed and Greenfield's website seemed really official and legitimate. The website seemed to be an aggregation of multiple breeders that presented in an up-to-the-minute style. And all the branding and imagery of the pups was really consistent across the board, so I felt like I could really get a good sense of the dog that I wanted and comparatively what it’s like to other dogs. Because sometimes you look at a photo and you just have no idea whether it’s gonna be like that. So I decided to get a King Charles Cavalier Poodle - she's four months old now and she's been great.

Also, the way that the shipping was handled to get the dog from the East Coast to the West Coast was really fluid. The timing of Greenfield in getting back to me once I reached out was really good. And then they followed up a couple of times. It was all good. And I’ve already recommended Greenfield Puppies to a couple of people.

My old dog can’t run anymore. We went looking for German Shepherd Mixes online and Greenfield Puppies had the dog we liked. It was a simple process with them and they took care of all the shipping and I just paid. I’m happy with the boy German Shepherd Mix, now five months old, that we got from them.

Having dealt with the breeder Ruben **. Do not use this breeder. He is a scammer and does not tell the truth. After telling me he has a puppy named Gary available and having a 3 Hour Drive there somebody beat me and he sold the dog out from under us. Also he misrepresents the health of the dogs. A Shihpoo named Gus has a hernia, but on the website it says it is a healthy puppy. I would stay away from using a breeder like this!

It was my boyfriend’s birthday and I wanted to celebrate with a dog because he has never had a dog growing up. We were looking online and saw the Teddy Bear breed and we were like, “I need that one,” so I went in and did my research. I was about to give up looking because I couldn’t find any dogs that was appropriately priced. Everything else was over $1,000 for just a dog, so when I found Ollie at Greenfield, it was perfect. It was the easiest thing that I have ever dealt with to talk to somebody who was in Pennsylvania and then email me, and then the person who was working with Greenfield was the sweetest person because I told her it was a surprise. She called me and did not leave a voice mail because she didn't want to spoil the surprise, and that was really cool.

Ollie is a Shih Tzu/Bichon mix so he's very fluffy. It’s so awesome coming home to him and he’s so excited to see us. I’ll go home on my lunch just to go in and play with him, so he’s not lonely all day. I have a couple of toys and people who want to watch him so that way he’s not alone all the time. Having him makes everything easier when I come home if I had a bad day at work since he's there and he’s so excited to see me. Overall, I love my dog and it was a really good experience with everything.

We had a puppy years ago and our boys wanted another one, and it worked out with Greenfield Puppies. We heard about them online and the dog we wanted was there. He is a Cavapoo named Louie and he has been great.

My daughter had been begging for a puppy for a long time and we moved from one street to another. But we’ve been here for a year and a half now and we’ve settled into our home neighborhood, so we were ready to do it. In deciding what kind of puppy we wanted, we spent a lot of time researching because I knew my limitations and I don’t have a ton of experience with dogs, but I’m an at-home mom and I've got time to do this. I didn’t want a dog that was going to be difficult to train. Weather was also an issue for us because we’re in Phoenix so it gets super hot here in the summer, so we needed a dog that wanted to live in our living environment. We used a lot of different online resources as well as a lot of talking with friends to figure that out, and that process took a full year.

When we had a short list of what kinds of dogs we would consider, we started looking at breeders and we checked out the Humane Society. I was a little flabbergasted that some of the puppies cost $8,000 since I couldn’t do that. I needed to have more of a sure thing as far as training and complications and health. I didn’t want to necessarily go to Humane Society and take on a dog that might have behavioral things that need to be corrected because I don’t have the skill set for that. That’s what got me looking at Greenfield.

Then there was a huge hurdle for me and I almost didn’t go through Greenfield because of flying the dog. It didn’t seem humane to me and it also felt slightly risky business-wise. I talked to Tamara from Greenfield about the shipping. If I hadn’t been able to talk on the phone with somebody, I wouldn’t have done it. I need to hear a voice, and then it was the same with being able to talk with the breeder. That helped it feel a little more normal and not so strange.

I went to the airport on my own without any of my kids because I wanted to make sure that everything’s fine. I was nervous, but the dog was good! She sat wagging her tail and she was great from the get-go. I sent a little email to Tamara just to let her know that the dog’s here and everything went well. I called the breeder a week later after the dog did a bit of settling in and I shared with him how the delivery went. He asked me, “Do you mind talking to another person who’s trying to decide if the shipping is okay?” He hasn’t flown that many dogs before, and it made him feel better to talk again afterward and hear how it went. All in all, things worked out pretty good and I would do it again. Greenfield fulfilled everything that it claimed it would. Ideally if I was talking to a friend, I would still tell them it’d be lovely if they could find somebody to go over their house to see the puppies, but I would also say they could consider this.

We had dogs who died from old age, and we were looking for Bernedoodles specifically, which is a Bernese Poodle cross. There are not a lot of them, and when we checked on Greenfield to see what was available, we found a couple of breeders that were selling them. We got two different puppies from two different breeders. Both breeders were really nice. The only complicated thing with no way around it was that I dealt with the Amish. They don’t have technology, so they would have to have a friend of theirs come over to get a picture of the dog. So, the turnaround time of getting more information on the puppies was not easy because of their whole technology thing. But they did it, and it all worked. The puppies are great, and we named them Barley and Whiskey. Everything was pitch perfect. It was exactly as represented and everything was run very smoothly.

My son’s wife gave my son a mini Labradoodle puppy and I had gone to visit them at that exact time. I fell in love with the puppy so I had to have the puppy’s sister. The breeder was amazing and did a great follow-through. The gal who I worked with for the puppy's shipment was fantastic as well. She was always emailing. Everybody that I worked with was quick to respond and did a good follow-through. It was a great experience with Greenfield Puppies. I’ve already recommended them.

My puppy's name is Rush and he is a Miniature Goldendoodle and he is 20 weeks. Our lives are now better with him. The people that we bought it from were nice and helpful. The puppy arrived on time and they answered any questions that we had.

My brother, my mom and my dad all died in the last couple of years, and I got tired of taking care of anybody or anything. So, I re-homed my dog to somebody we know and she is very happy where she is and I was very happy not having to watch after anybody for a while. Almost a year had passed since the last person died and I missed the companionship and I missed taking care of a pup, so I decided I would be open to getting a dog again and I decided to get the one I really wanted this time from Greenfield.

I’ve adopted before but I wanted the predictability of knowing exactly what I was getting this time. Because I’m 59 years old, this dog is going to be a big part of the rest of my life and I wanted to be sure it was non-shedding. I had experiences myself and with my kids where we adopted from a breeder and the plan was one thing and the reality was another. The reason I didn’t go with a breeder is because I would have to put a deposit on a puppy that I’ve never even met or seen. Where I live the wait time was next summer, so I kept on looking until I found somebody at Greenfield that has litters of Goldendoodles.

The website is fantastic and I love the fact that it has testimonials from individuals. I also love the videos of some of the pets posted. The pets that they had in it helped because I could honestly see my dog’s personality in the videos more than in the pictures. The unhelpful thing was the rep was non-communicative and would only give one-word answers. I was concerned and emailed Greenfield and they emailed back and said, “He’s really not communicative, but he takes great care of the pups.” I got over it but that was a bit of a challenge.

The one picture that was posted of my dog individually really looked like there was hair missing on the side of her leg and the Greenfield rep wouldn’t send me another picture. I didn’t know what I was going to do if she got shipped all the way here and I got really scared. Then I read some really bad things about Greenfield Puppies on the internet, but I decided I was already committed.

My new puppy’s name is Stella and she’s almost five months now. She’s perfect and exactly what I thought. She had a worm issue, but other than that, she’s been very healthy. But for as much money as I paid Greenfield she should not have had issues. The cost was $1,300 for her and then another $500 for shipping and then I had to go get her dewormed, which did not seem very professional to me. She was also supposed to be 15 pounds when I got her and when I got her she was 25 pounds. She is 30 pounds now and she’s not quite five months old. That’s a good problem in my case but that would cause some people to have an issue.

A friend of mine who lives in Middleburg, Virginia got her dog from Greenfield. She told me to go on their site so we did and found the dog that we wanted. We saw the pictures and a video, contacted them and they shipped the dog to Tampa. It's a mini-goldendoodle and we love it. Everything worked out perfectly.

We had experience with the breeders from this site. We were looking for a Pomeranian for my mom as a 60th birthday gift and we couldn't have lucked out more. The breeder was listed as Sam ** but we dealt with his wife Ruth. The puppy I had called to inquire about had already been sold but they had a second litter which they hadn't advertised yet because they were about 2 weeks too young to be sold, fortunately we live in Philadelphia which is only about an hour and a half away from the town they were located in so we arranged to go up and see the dog, and upon seeing it if we liked it we would make a deposit on it. We made the trip up and the dog was adorable so we made the deposit and made arranged to pick her up 2 weeks later.

The dogs were kept in a clean environment... very spacious kennels that were well kept and had an outdoor portion so they could go outside when they wanted. My mom loves her new Pomeranian... the dog is sweet and playful and according to our vet very healthy. She even came with ACA papers. The breeder and her family were wonderful and very kind and made the experience easy and pleasant. We could not have asked for more, would definitely use this site again if the need arose.

I had been sick and it was my birthday so my husband gave me a puppy. We searched for a breeder for a Goldendoodle and we were hoping to buy one locally, but we couldn't find one. Then we saw a dog on Greenfield that we liked. We picked Heidi and she's a perfect dog. She's the loveliest dog I've ever had. The breeders were honest, very sincere, and honest. I was very impressed with Theresa who managed the shipment and even followed up with me afterward.

I recently graduated from college and I miss my roommates, so I wanted a companion. We have another dog, but she’s 15 so, it’s also nice to have a younger dog for her. I did a Google search and Greenfield Puppies happened to have the particular breed that I was looking for, so I went with them. I tried to go to the ASPCA locally but in the Bay Area, they have Chihuahuas and Pit Bulls, which aren't what I was looking for.

The process was very simple and straightforward. I searched for the breed that I wanted. I knew I wanted a girl and I scrolled through different pictures and looked at reviews of the specific breeder from other people that they had posted to see how their experience went. I then chose based off of that. I contacted a few different breeders off the website and the specific breeder that I talked to sent me videos, which was really nice because it’s hard to tell from a picture sometimes. In fact, that was one of the determining factors. The other breeders said they had a flip phone so they can't send me pictures, which was sad, but luckily the breeder I chose was able to send me videos and stuff.

The shipping process was good. The puppy was great and obviously happy to see me when I picked her up at the airport. The crate was nice and clean and they left her with enough food and extra food which was really nice as well. I had a really great experience with my breeder and the shipment. I got a Cavapoo and I renamed her Capris. She’s adorable. My dog is acclimated great to my family and I’m so happy that I found her through Greenfield Puppies.

I always wanted a puppy and now that I could take care of one, I figured it would be a good time. The puppy I saw caught my eye when I was browsing through Greenfield's website. He's a Siberian Husky and 14 weeks now and came in decent condition. However, I wasn’t a big fan of how terrified he was when I got him. I don’t know if there was any other way rather than putting him in a little crate and sending him on a plane, but when I first got him, he was screaming for a good 20 minutes. Other than that, he’s a healthy puppy. They gave me some food and paperwork that he had some shots and I’m happy with that. Just the overall of the delivery part wasn’t so good.

I lost the dog I had and then found Greenfield on the internet searching for chocolate Lab puppies. I kept checking their website every day. I knew that I would know which one I wanted when I saw it. My new dog's name is Bentley and he’s three months old now. It’s like having a new baby in the house, but I’ve raised puppies before so it’s not a surprise. Overall I was satisfied with everything that went on.

My dog passed away back in June. I really wanted one other dog in my life to take care of and my fiancee wanted one too. So we ended up getting two dogs so they had companion because we wanted to make sure they're able to grow up together. We were looking for a specific dog, the Goberian, which is a Golden Retriever-Husky mix. It has a temperament of a Golden Retriever with the beauty and energy of the Husky. I was looking at pictures online and found one that I thought was really cute. She stuck out from the rest of them. I then talked to the breeder a little bit. He told me a little bit about her temperament and what to expect from her - a dog who likes to play, but also likes to snuggle. That's exactly what I was looking for. The dogs came in great condition. One got a little sick on the flight, but one of the ladies who works at United cleaned her all up for us before we got there.

We bought a couple of puppies through Greenfield Puppies a couple of years ago and we just went back to them. My kids went through their website, found a bunch of different puppies and from there we decided to get a male Shorkie. That was their number one choice. I procrastinated for awhile, ended up calling them, he was available so we ended up getting him. Everything went very smoothly. Their reps did their part on following up emails and they also did a courtesy call afterwards to see how the puppy was doing and they were very good about it. They really seem like they cared. Life has been great since having Shorkie.

We have a small farm and we were having a lot of varmint trouble getting our chickens. We have little dogs in the house but we wanted a big dog to mark up the territory. My husband went online looking for a mix and we found Greenfield Puppies. They set up all the flight to get him here and everything worked out great. We talked to the breeders and they were helpful, too. We had a good experience and I didn’t think it was all that expensive. The puppy's getting huge and he's training up well. He had two urinary tract infections which made housebreaking really fun but hoping we've passed that.

We purchased a Lab/German Shepherd mix from a breeder on Greenfield Puppies. The first night, which was a Saturday, I found worms in her feces. I took her to the vet Monday only to find out, not only does she have worms but coccidiosis. We are treating her for the coccidiosis but have to wait a week until we can worm her again because of the "vet record" that came with her. We have another dog in perfect health and bringing into our home has put my other dogs health at risk. It infuriates me to know a "breeder" could pass off unhealthy puppies. Furthermore, it breaks my heart to know her siblings are more than likely suffering from these same problems and not being treated. The coccidiosis, if left untreated can be deadly. The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing my little girl is out of those inhumane conditions.

We wanted a new dog and decided to get one. I looked around on the internet and came across Greenfield Puppies. I was looking for a certain kind of colored / patterned dog. Originally I was looking at a Doberman-Husky but I came across the black Lab-Husky that had a similar color pattern of black, brown, and white, and I happened to see this puppy on Greenfield's website. I chose the puppy myself using the "Lab Mix" option on their site. Greenfield set everything up. I had a windowed pickup date, and then they emailed me with the exact day and billed me online through email. It was pretty simple, and it's great having our new Lab-Husky mix around.

It was a great experience with Greenfield Puppies. The customer service was wonderful. Everything turned out right on time, and the process was very well explained and detailed. I would recommend them to other people.

My kids were trying to have a puppy, so I did some research and Greenfield Puppies had very good reviews. Our new puppy is a Cavachon that's 17 weeks old, and we are so in love with him. He's awesome. I made a call, spoke with the breeder and made the payment, and he sent the puppy to us very fast. It was a great experience. I referred Greenfield Puppies to other people, they bought their puppy there, and they are happy too.

Our puppy had passed away and we needed a new dog. We're very specific about the breed that we wanted. Greenfield was very responsive, informative and diligent, which I appreciated. The puppy came from Pennsylvania and we live in California, and we needed him to get out here. Greenfield was very helpful with that process which was really easy. He's a great addition to the family and we're very happy.

We had been without a dog for a while and we have three kids. When we're ready to get a dog, we went to Greenfield Puppies' website and it's really easy to find one through their search options. As soon as I emailed them about shipping, we corresponded back and forth. The rep was very prompt and answered my questions. The dog was in Pennsylvania and I'd never bought a pet online before. The breeder went out of her way to make sure that we picked the right dog for us. We got a Boston Terrier, half King Charles Cavalier. The shipper communicated with us and made sure that we knew that the dog would be safe and get to us safely. It's like we have a new baby at first - up in the middle of the night for the first two nights, but she's adapted well and fitting right in. Overall, we were very pleased with the whole process.

Greenfield Puppies Company Profile