4.51/5
  • 1 star
Based on 118 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Greenfield Puppies was created to give future owners a safe and controlled way to find their new furry family member. For over ten years, Greenfield has set strict standards for our breeders so that each of our soon-to-be owners are guaranteed to welcome a happy, healthy pup into their home.

We understand that it is important to our families that their puppy arrives in good health, so each of our breeders undergoes a “Breeder Background Check” to ensure they are practicing healthy breeding in a safe environment. Furthermore, Greenfield Puppies prides ourselves in educating each of our breeders to verify they are informed on the healthiest breeding standards. Let us help complete your family with the perfect pup.

B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 28, 2017

434 Greenfield Puppies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was online for a few years looking at puppies and I came across Greenfield Puppies. They had a dog that looked like the one I used to have so I wanted her. I've gotten two puppies through Greenfield, Stella that I got in December two years ago and Kelly that I got this past August. I had the same breeder so they share the same mother. Choosing the puppy was fairly simple. I just put in what I wanted which was a Cocker Spaniel and they came up. I didn't put in an area the first time but I found Stella and she came from Narvon, Pennsylvania. So the second time around, I put "Cocker Spaniel from Pennsylvania" and I came up with another litter from Narvon and I clicked on it.

Greenfield followed up right away and they keep in contact with me. It only took a couple of weeks to get each one of the puppies. They kept me abreast of the status when the puppy will be shipped and they also followed up to see how the puppy was doing. It was a great experience. I was very pleased and others should use it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

It has been a long time since we had a dog in the house. We were surfing the web and found a particular dog that caught our eye. Her one photo on the Greenfield website was beautiful. But that was all we were given and the name and contact number for the breeder. Greenfield is strictly just an advertising middleman to get a client in touch with the breeder. But their photography and their website presentation are pretty professional compared to a lot of other breeders on the web.

I'm in Florida and Greenfield is in Pennsylvania where a lot of their dogs happen to come from, Amish country. I've been doing months of dog research on different breeds and this was not my first rodeo buying a dog. As a consumer, I had so many questions and most people don't make $1,000 purchase off one photo. But when you call these Amish breeders, they don't have a cellphone, don't have a computer and don't have internet. They definitely don't have the capability of taking extra photos or sending you a video. They know nothing about the mother and the father too.

I couldn't buy a dog for $1,000 and have her shipped across the US with absolutely no information. But we were told that there was a couple picking up the dog's litter mate and they were nice enough to take a ton of videos and photo footage including that of the dog's mother and father. They took pictures of the surroundings too. If it wasn't for that couple providing that help to us, I would have never gotten our new puppy, Lizzie. She's a Cocker Spaniel and she's about six months old.

Everything Greenfield did as far as the shipping of her was a wonderful and seamless experience. But they might want to consider bridging the gap a little bit between some of these breeders that don't use technology. We didn't know about her health and whenever you research a dog, typically the breeder has information of the wazoo about bloodlines, the mothers and the fathers, and illnesses. Also, there would be multiple photographs and videos. In my case, it was like I took a deep breath and just hoped for the best.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

It was time for us to get a new puppy. My husband found our puppy online and she's a working dog that's a half Labrador and half Bernese Mountain dog, and she’s adorable. We have purebred Labs, but purebreds seem to have so many issues that we thought we would try this one, besides another purebred. During the whole process, the guy whom we bought the puppy from helped me. He works for another company and we found our puppy through their website. All of my arrangements to get her was through them and Greenfield was just my shipper. It was a fine, easy and fantastic experience. The puppy is fun, hyper and crazy. She bites everyone but it's playful biting most of the time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We've had to recently move and my husband promised the kids they can each get a puppy. We looked around the new area that we live in but we couldn't find what we were looking for. So, we started looking online and the kids found a puppy they liked through Greenfield Puppies. I contacted the breeder and they said it was available. We got Rottweiler that's very mellow and fun and a Golden Retriever Lab mix that’s very hyper and also fun. Our family expanded, and it's been a little hectic but that's okay. It's fun. My whole experience with Greenfield Puppies was excellent including the follow-ups. They did everything perfectly and I didn't have any questions. I've told my friends about the whole process we went through and I've been recommending Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A friend of mine told me about Greenfield Puppies and I searched there for the breed that I was looking for, a Cavapoo. My wife fell in love with one of the pictures on the website, and that was it. We got the puppy in August and shipping was a seamless process. My kids were at camp during the summer, and I wanted the puppy to arrive before the kids came, both to have the puppy adjust a little bit to the house and to be a surprise for the kids. The Greenfield rep, Tamara, was extremely helpful in helping me figure everything. The puppy was about eight weeks old when we got him, and he's currently five months old. It's like another child without the crazy.

The only thing that would be improved is the mode of payment. Most of the breeders in Pennsylvania are Amish, so the way to pay is to get a certified check and mail it. Then, you have to wait until the check clears up in the breeder's account. Or you go to the bank, you buy a cashier's check , and you FedEx it, or you send it by mail. Once you buy a cashier's check and mail it, you're just blind faith. A credit card would have been better. Greenfield Puppies is only doing the liaison between the breeder and us and taking care of the shipping. But maybe they could help by saying, "Okay, you know what? I'm going to take your credit card, I'm going to charge you a fee, and pay the breeder." In that way you're sure if something goes wrong, you're somewhat protected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I got two South African Mastiffs from Greenfield Puppies. We've been looking at different breeders and those two puppies caught our attention. Greenfield Puppies assisted in the transfer process by maintaining constant communication between them, us and the breeder via email or phone. Email was a lot easier for me since I don't have to wait for long phone conversations. They also made the transition process easy by managing airlines and payments. The puppies are a hot mess, but they're fine. They're beautiful and huge. I miss the puppy stage. When I got them, they were 30-something pounds. Now, they're about 70 pounds.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I paid 2 g for a sick puppy, documented vet records showing my dog had a parasite called Giardia. I contacted the breeder and gave him ample chances to be honest with me and he chose not to be and instead played dumb even after I expressed I didn’t want anything from him but honesty so my dog could get the proper treatment and not be over medicated. Unsuccessful, so I let Greenfield know because I don’t want this guy selling sick dogs for top dollar or any price and they couldn’t even respond. My dog is still testing positive and I have paid over 500 in treatments and bills but my concern is my animal not cash and I don’t want anything but to be acknowledged and to not allow unreputable people to sell sick animals...

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This was the worst experience trying to find a puppy through Greenfield puppies.com! Every single breeder that returned my phone call was that of a puppy mill. When I asked if one puppy was house trained, they had to admit that they were kept outside in kennels! They were very hesitant on telling me that! Another admitted that they left the dogs outside 24/7 in a barn! I am utterly disgusted! The site claims that they do background checks and weed out puppy mills, however it was very easy for me to find out that these breeders were not reputable, cruel, and as most would say puppy mills!

If they truly have ANY standards they are not even close to standards that weed out puppy mills OR ANIMAL CRUELTY! I even contacted Humane Societies and shelters in the areas to research the breeders. They were puppy mills! And the dogs were treated terribly! If you choose to give your money to these breeders, you are only enabling them to continue this torturous and inhumane cycle! And SHAME ON THIS WEBSITE for not having higher standards IF they truly even do have ANY standards to begin with!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I got an African Boerboel, a type of Mastiff, from Greenfield Puppies five months ago and he's six months old now. He's an awesome dog and the best dog I've ever had. I've wanted one of those puppies for a long time and Greenfield had a really good price on them. Greenfield did pretty well and, all in all, I had a good experience with them. The only thing that the breeders need to improve on is taking pictures of the parents. The breeders get very good pictures of the puppies, but they should include pictures of the parents as well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was looking for a particular breed but I had been unable to find that locally. Greenfield was in connection with the breeder and I was able to get the puppy that I wanted. I got a Beaglier and she's about five months old. They shipped her out cross-country and the process went pretty well. They were immediate in their contact with me via email if I had a question.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It was my first time to have a puppy shipped and it was easy with Greenfield Puppies. We’ve been looking for a while since I wanted a Lab. The breeder recommended this company and it was a very pleasant experience with them. They kept me informed and I was able to check the status of the puppy in the flight. My new yellow Lab is four and a half months old. I would recommend Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My 15-year-old daughter has wanted a puppy for quite a while and we searched other sites and some of the puppies were unavailable. She picked one she liked from the Greenfield Puppies website and then I contacted the owner who said the puppy was available. The woman who runs the shipping was very helpful and very enthusiastic. We made the payment via PayPal and then everything was done very smoothly. They gave me a call and arranged for the shipping and handling the next day and then we got the puppy at the airport. It’s a Bichon Frise puppy. It was an excellent experience and we were very happy about it, and now it’s a lot of fun.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We have six kids and our sixth one is a senior this year. We thought she needed a companion since her brother who's only a year older than her has left recently for the Air Force Academy and she doesn't have anybody left at home. We also had lost a dog about three years ago. I then told our daughter that she could get any puppy she wanted. So we both did a lot of research and I looked at reviews and called a lot of different places. We got a Cavapoo from Greenfield Puppies and there was a bit of trouble because they sent him on a late flight. We were a little over an hour at the airport until it came. But other than that, they were very easy to deal with and very professional. My daughter loves the puppy and his name is Cadet. We are very happy with Cadet and with Greenfield puppies. I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We had looked for a pup for almost a year and we ran into a lot of problems and difficulties. I was watching Youtube then saw John and Esther pop up and I started watching them and how they handle the puppies. I've seen the variety that they had, how cute they were and how they walk with the dogs. That day, I got into it just like that. We knew we either wanted a Cockapoo or a Goldendoodle. We were torn between the two and we got to look in on everything and the good pictures that Greenfield Puppies put on there. The description and the pictures tell a little bit about the puppy and their attitude and that helps a lot because it determines what kind of household they are going to fit in.

Also, the prices are affordable and reasonable. They're not outrageous. That's why I started looking there because some of the prices that I saw from the others were just ridiculous. We bought a Chocolate Merle Cockapoo. We fell in love with her because her colors were beautiful. It was from John and Esther and she has turned out to be the best puppy. The dog is very smart and was partially trained when we got her. She was only nine weeks old and she was totally housebroken on day three. I've never seen anything like it. When she came here she could sit and she would almost stay.

We keep our dog for a long time until they die. We had a Maltese and we had her 17 years and she passed away. Our other dog went into depression and that's why we bought this dog. Her name was Willow but we changed it to Bella and as soon as she heard it, she came right to it. She liked it right off the bat ever since we called her that. It was cute. I've had so many compliments on this dog. Every time I let her out in the yard, people are stopping and asking me where I got the dog.

I had a really good experience with Greenfield Puppies. There was a girl by the name of Cameron who was excellent in helping me with the whole process of buying Bella. The whole process was made really smooth and they were professional, kind, considerate, courteous and answered any question that we had. Trying to get somebody to relate to you like that and take patience with you is hard to find. So, I passed that word on to a lot of people and I hope they get a lot more business through us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Greenfield Puppies was the one that had the breed that we were looking for. We went through the process of choosing on the internet ourselves and we chose by the picture. We got a Cavapoo and he is five months old now. We were fairly new to doing something like that but we had Greenfield there to back us up on the shipping and getting of the puppy. Also, Greenfield only went through this guy because he had the dog we wanted but it would have been easier if the different breeders were graded, certified or described by how long they’ve been there and how many puppies they’ve sold. You don't want somebody that’s abusing the breeding system. Otherwise, our experience was great and I recommended Greenfield Puppies to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My wife and I were recently married and we had always talked about getting a puppy after that. Purchasing our Irish Doodle Arthur was a quick, easy and very good experience. I liked the whole airplane shipping. That was probably the hardest part for us to figure out but they made it easy and took care of the whole thing so we didn’t have to worry about that. Arthur was a little scared in the beginning but it didn’t last too long. By the time we got him home, he was fine. We’ve had him for four months now and he is still doing fine.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We were looking for a mini Labradoodle and Greenfield Puppies seemed to be the easiest way for us to get that type of dog, and pick one out that was within the price range and everything that we wanted including the color. Their website had photos and the breeder’s contact information. Once I confirmed with the breeder that we were purchasing the puppy, Greenfield facilitated all of the shipping arrangements.

The process went smoothly. The only thing that was stressful was that I didn’t get the flight information until the night before or the morning of the dog's arrival. Since my husband and I work full time, we didn’t know if we had to take a leave from work. They could’ve let me know in advance when my dog would be flying in so we could've planned better. Also, I would love it if Greenfield made the photos of the dog's parents available. Our dog is bigger than we anticipated, which was fine, but it would have been nice if we could get a better idea of how she may grow since she kind of doesn’t look like a Labradoodle. She looks more like a terrier.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My children have been asking for a puppy for a while. Our family was at the point of maturity where my children were old enough and ready to handle the responsibilities that go along with that so it would be good for them to experience it. I was doing some research on the particular breed of puppy because my daughter is really allergic to them. I had only a select few breeds that I could get and I didn't want a very large dog. During my research, I found Greenfield Puppies online, went to the Better Business Bureau and Googled their history. They had a good reputation so I felt pretty secure with them. There were other companies that I went to and I didn't quite feel comfortable with them. The whole process with Greenfield was great and I felt good about it. I went through the breeds and looked at each picture. There were phone numbers I could call the breeders which I did and some of them got back to me.

I spoke with one of the ladies that was shipping the puppy, and she was forthright and professional. We got a Shichon which is a mix breed of a Bichon Frise and a Shih Tzu. He is adorable and he’s a totally normal, little puppy. The breeders were really forthright, and told me that they had him checked by a vet and he’s got an underbite. Everything was disclosed including the fees. Greenfield gave me two options, either I could be there to pick it up or had it shipped and we ended up doing the latter because of the holiday weekend. I thought I was getting a real small crate, but I got a crate that the puppy can breathe in. The breeder even gave me the puppy’s food which was a plus because we were worried about what to give him. Everything Greenfield Puppies did was totally spot on. Overall, it was a really positive experience for our first puppy as a family.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My kid was asking about a puppy for some time and we decided to get one. I wanted a Cockapoo and it's not so easy to find here in Massachusetts. I searched on the internet and found Greenfield Puppies. Choosing a puppy was easy. The person who I sent all the emails to and made all the connections was always ready to accept the emails. I found many options that I could choose from. It's pretty helpful and I found a healthy dog. The dog got here fine, and on time. It was a good experience and I was very impressed with the service. We're happy with Greenfield Puppies and about to use their service again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

On September 20, we lost our 14 yo Jack Russell, Buddy. So, on October 4th we contacted the "breeder". When I asked him if the puppy was available he answered in the affirmative. So we decided to buy the puppy. I called Matt and asked him about the puppy's parents, how tall they were, etc. I asked if he was a shorty jack. He said he was. When asked about the Mom he said, "I don't know, 21inches, is that how tall a jack should be?" He told me he owned the Mom and she was artificially inseminated. I then started to get suspicious. I started reading about puppy mills PA. The price was the first red flag. We were so enamoured of this little guy, we went ahead anyway. Matt told us he would be at a wedding and his brother would help us. When we got there, a boy 12-14 years old and a bunch of younger kids approached us. We told him we there for the puppy.

He went to the barn while my husband asked another boy if they had a lot of puppies for sale. He said sure and that his grandfather had a lot of puppies too. The boy handed me the puppy from the barn and he stunk to high heaven, was urine soaked and real skittish. I asked if his mom was on the premises. He said, "I don't know." He took our money, gave us a booklet from Greenfield Puppies and that was it. In the booklet was a handwritten vet record. We did not receive the 30 day guarantee, a complete health record stating the breed, dob, sex, color and marking(s), vaccination(s), name of person administered them and the seller must provide a statement that all of the information provided is true to the best of the seller's knowledge and belief. This information comes directly from the PA Puppy Lemon Law.

We received none of the above. Another red flag. We then took him home. On the way I realized they didn't even tell us when he ate last or what brand of puppy food he was eating. When we fed him he was ravenous! Thirsty too. We love Tucker anyway though he is afraid of cars, trucks, wind, rain, grass and all kinds of noise. We are thoroughly disgusted about this whole experience. I am not done with this issue. But at least I can say we did rescue him.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We started researching the breed that we wanted and Greenfield kept popping up with the way to get the puppy to us. We were looking at the King Charles Cavalier because of the temperament but then we saw a Cavapoo picture and decided it was adorable. There was a lot to pick from and it took us a little while to find the right one.

The process was easy and went along very smoothly. We worked with Tamara and she was very responsive, which was nice because doing it out of state, we were a little unsure. It was also our first experience and having a puppy flown in was a little nerve-racking, but Tamara was really helpful. We touched base with the actual breeder a couple of times and he was also very nice and easy to work with. It would be nice if it cost less money, but it was certainly worth it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My fiancé and I have been living in together for a little while now, and we really wanted to add to our family. He loves dogs so we got a puppy from Greenfield Puppies. I've known them from my dad, who got really great reviews about them. The process of choosing a puppy was straightforward. We got a boxer puppy, and he’s super cute and well-behaved. He's a lot of work, but it’s rewarding. I would definitely recommend Greenfield Puppies to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I got a puppy through Greenfield Puppies. I was in Florida last winter and I saw a dog like her. The dog I saw was black and white and she's kind of blonde and white. And so I loved that dog that I saw and I looked for one while I was in Florida and never could find one in any ads. And because I live in Ohio I looked in Ohio and Indiana and Kentucky and didn't find one so I ended up going online and I found her in Pennsylvania.

She was born May 4th and I named her Daisy May. She's wonderful. She's the best thing I ever had. Since having her I've been very busy running after her and taking her out like every two hours. She's been a great joy not only to me but to my husband as well. Greenfield did everything that I asked them to do. The only thing was that when Daisy got to the airport they lost communication somewhere along the line. And her papers from the breeder were with her but no one told me that at the airport. And so therefore I didn't get any of her papers and her health records. They then did send another copy to me but there was a communication loss.

She was eight weeks old when I got her and she was in those plastic crates. So I'm going to say she went down below in the plane but she was as calm as she could be. She wasn't nervous at all. And since then she has flown several times and she's perfect. I've also told several people about Greenfield. The first time I flew with Daisy one of the flight attendants loved her and wanted to know where I got her. I sent him the whole story about Greenfield so that if he wanted to get in touch with the breeder that I had he could.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

One of our friends had their puppy from Greenfield Puppies, so we just went ahead with whatever they said. The kids wanted a puppy, so we were looking at Greenfield Puppies, and we were doing some research and then thought that we were ready for it. We were looking at the pictures on their website, and there was one litter from one of the breeders. We wanted one, but then it was sold already, so we went with another one from that litter of puppies.

Our new puppy is a Miniature Goldendoodle and he is almost five months old. The breeder named him Nico, so we continued with the same. Our life has significantly changed and, although it was a lot of work, it’s very exciting. Greenfield Puppies did a good job shipping him and assisting us with the process. We live in Atlanta and he flew from Pennsylvania, and I wasn’t sure if some person was going to drop him off or was he going to come by himself in a crate, like in a cargo, which is what happened. Other than that, everything else was very straightforward and I had an excellent experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had to put one dog down last year, but I have another dog and I felt he was very lonely by himself, so I wanted to get a new puppy. While surfing the web, I fell in love with the dog in the picture. He's a 6 months old, brown and white Teddy Bear. I contacted the breeder to purchase the dog, then the breeder contacted Greenfield Puppies. Greenfield arranged the shipment of my new puppy and they were great. The lady there who handled my puppy was always responsive and replied right away to emails, so I enjoyed working with her. Adding the puppy as a new family member was great.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We got a puppy from Greenfield Puppies. His name is Cheddar, he is five months old and he’s a Cavapoo. When I take him out, everybody loves him. We are empty nesters so we decided it was time for a new puppy and we actually saw somebody walking around our neighborhood with one of these. He said he got his from Pennsylvania so we Googled it and Greenfield Puppies came up. I monitored the site for a couple of months and then I saw a dog that I was interested in and got a good vibe from everybody that I spoke with. Their site is user-friendly and it was very useful that they have the puppies by categories, by breeds. I like the fact that they have been in business for a while and had videos.

They delivered Cheddar when I wanted him delivered and everything was professionally taken care of. Tamara was wonderful in e-mailing me right away and the breeder was good. The cage and the puppy were clean when I picked them up from the airport. The dog is very lovable, has good character, healthy, happy, and not aggressive. The only thing is he’s scared of cars and any kind of noise. Overall, it was a really positive experience and I’ve already recommended Greenfield Puppies to various people.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

My puppy was diagnosed with Giardia an intestinal parasite and is currently on antibiotics. The first vet bill was $261.57 which I have requested reimbursement from Greenfield Puppies. Unfortunately, being my first puppy purchase, I did not review the breeders. Over the phone, Mr. ** of Holmesville OH sounded knowledgeable and friendly. I also believe the breeder had misrepresented the puppies being raised in a 'family environment'. I have not yet researched the OH vet (East Holmes Veterinary Clinic) who verified the puppy as healthy - knowing the conditions these puppies are born and raised in - they too should be investigated. Like other reviewers, I love my puppy and pray he recovers successfully without further issues and am thankful I rescued him!

Greenfield Puppies response

Mr. LoCascio,

We have been very responsive in regards to this situation and it is my understanding we are helping you resolve the issue with the breeder. The breeder you are referring to has no record of any complaints through us prior to your claim. To say the puppies are living in poor conditions say to me that you saw the place they live, is that correct? Some more information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My boyfriend and I have been together for a while and we were kind of ready for the responsibility. My parents had gotten a Cavapoo from Premier Pups and we fell in love with her so we knew we wanted that breed. We found ours on Greenfield Puppies. The website was easy to use, to check and see which ones pop up. The Cavapoo came up and was everything we were looking for. The puppy and I happen to have the same birthday which they showed right up there, so we just thought she was the one. We got the Cavapoo and she is over 5 months old now. We are pleased with her. She is healthy and happy, she’s great and so much fun. She makes everything better. The whole transaction was very easy and smooth. Everything was great and my parents also got a Doodle from Greenfield Puppies and they had a great experience as well.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I lost my other Goldendoodle so I wanted to have another one. I liked the Goldendoodle puppy on the Greenfield Puppies site and Greenfield was great. I talked to the breeder and Greenfield arranged the transportation. Everything worked out perfectly. I decided I liked the name on the website and Sparkle is a five-month-old brat now but that comes with the territory of being a puppy. Greenfield Puppies did their job.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had to put another dog down and we decided to get another dog. I was looking for a specific breed, searched on the internet then came across Greenfield Puppies and started reading on them. Their selection of puppies made me pick them. Then they called and talked to the breeder. My wife and I went through the pictures and we thought that one little black and white Cavapoo puppy was cute. We picked him and his name is Bogart, was born on April 9th, and about six pounds. Greenfield Puppies did a good job. They also took care of the transportation from Pennsylvania to Washington, which went well. I had a real good experience with Greenfield Puppies and I have recommended them to a friend.

Greenfield Puppies Company Information