4.38/5
Based on 123 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Strasburg, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Greenfield Puppies was created to give future owners a safe and controlled way to find their new furry family member. For over ten years, Greenfield has set strict standards for our breeders so that each of our soon-to-be owners are guaranteed to welcome a happy, healthy pup into their home.

We understand that it is important to our families that their puppy arrives in good health, so each of our breeders undergoes a “Breeder Background Check” to ensure they are practicing healthy breeding in a safe environment. Furthermore, Greenfield Puppies prides ourselves in educating each of our breeders to verify they are informed on the healthiest breeding standards. Let us help complete your family with the perfect pup.

B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

482 Greenfield Puppies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2018

We wanted a dog and I found the one I liked online. When I clicked on it, it dropped me to Greenfield Puppies' website. She's a Cavapoo and she arrived in good shape. However, I was dissatisfied about the service I got to get her here when it came to the response from the person that was setting it up. Scheduling the flight was a drag and it wasn’t easy. I was pretty bummed about it that I almost didn’t buy the dog. I felt like they only cared about whatever worked for them and didn’t really have much of a regard for the person that’s buying. It would have been better off if I had flown down there and gotten the dog myself which is probably what I would do in the future. The dog is great, but the service I got from them was really bad. I would never use Greenfield Puppies again.

Cory,

I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment with the service we provide you in December 2017. Based on the information I have we shipped the puppy to you in Anchorage, AK. It looks like the flight that we got was the best flight in regards to the safety and health of the puppy. When shipping a puppy there are a number of things that must be taken into account. It goes without saying that whenever we schedule a flight we do so with the safety of the puppy as our primary concern. It appears that there was dissatisfaction on your end it would've been because we could not get the puppy to you more quickly. It appears you receive the puppy within six days of the breeder receiving the health certificate, which is an average amount of time. I do apologize that we could not get the puppy to you sooner if that's what you are hoping for and again am saddened to hear that you were disappointed with the service. I am however happy to hear that all precautions took led to the puppy arriving safely and I'm glad to hear your puppy is doing well.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Breeders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I like the puppy selection that Greenfield Puppies had and a lot variety of breeders. I was looking for a particular breed and a particular color, and I was lucky enough to find the perfect one that I wanted. Greenfield told us when they will ship it and whatnot, and I'm very happy with the whole process. My cocker poodle is now six months old and I’m loving it. The people who did the breeding did a good job and we cannot be any happier than that. I recommended my brother and he ended up getting a puppy from Greenfield Puppies as well. It’s very pricey, but the quality of the breeding is there.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I lost my other dog and I looked online for a Jack Russell 50-50 mix. Greenfield Puppies showed up and the breed was available. In the beginning, I was worried that this was going to be a puppy mill. I was afraid of getting a puppy from somebody who abuses dogs or uses them just for breeding. But their website kind of assured me that it wasn't and I felt confident and went for it. I communicated directly with the breeder. I wanted to get pictures of their mom and his dad and more pictures of him and the breeder communicated with me and complied. Then, we got a notification that Greenfield was going to pick him up, when he was going to be mailed, and where did I want to get it shipped. It worked out perfectly and seamlessly. My new puppy is seven months old and he has been perfect. I always recommend Greenfield and I've already recommended them to somebody who was looking for a Maltipoo.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Our girls wanted a couple of little puppies and we had some friends buy a dog off of the Greenfield Puppies' website. That was what we did as well. We got two little poodles and everything was really done well. The shipment and the payment were easy. It was overall pretty easy considering we shipped the dog from Pennsylvania to Oklahoma. And when the dogs arrived, they were perfect too.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2018

My girlfriend never had a dog before. I had a couple of dogs and she wanted to get one. We looked into Greenfield Puppies and it was a big mistake. I contacted the breeder when we received the dog. Teddy is a Bernese Mountain Dog. He's a good dog aside from the fact that he's genetically defective. He had some left rear hip issues and since then, it has gotten progressively worse. He is a big dog breed, but still, those breeders shouldn’t be selling dogs that have hip dysplasia issues when they were puppies.

I texted Greenfield Puppies a few times, and they said the dog was fine and that the vet said it was okay. We figured we’d wait it out and the dog now generally walks on three legs and he's not even a year old. I'll never be using Greenfield Puppies again. But we're very happy with Teddy. He's a sweet dog, but he's gonna have a lifetime of issues ahead of him because his breeder decided to not care about the product he was putting forth. And if anyone is looking for a puppy in the future, I'll make sure that they stay away from Greenfield Puppies.

Matthew,

I'm very sorry to hear that your Bernese is having these issues. If this puppy had any kind of issues from the time you purchased them and you contacted the breeder, the puppy would've been covered by health guarantee through the breeder. It would also be important to find out whether or not any of the other puppies had the same issue to determine whether or not it is genetic or just something unfortunate that happened with your puppy.

Either way, I am saddened to hear that this is a situation that you are in. Please be aware that if any signs of this issue appear within the first 30 days of you owning this puppy that based on Pennsylvania state law you are protected by a guarantee against genetic or congenital disorders. Also, could you please let me know who the breeder was so I can look into this issue further and make sure that there are not other puppies that are experiencing the same issue. As a company, it is our mission is to provide healthy puppies that do not have issues like this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

Original review: April 5, 2018

We lost our two old boys back in October and we got another new dog and we needed a friend for him. I googled Jack Russell Poodle and Greenfield Puppies came up. The woman that I dealt with was amazing and she answered all my questions and put me in contact with the breeder. The breeder was also wonderful to deal with and he was very easy to communicate with. The puppy was adorable. His name is Daryl. He's a Jack Russell-Poodle mix. He's a mainly gray and black rough coat and he's really cute. He looks more like a Jack Russell which was what our two old dogs were. But my husband didn’t want the shedding, so when we came across Daryl, we just knew that was our dog. Greenfield Puppies did a wonderful job and we would completely use them again and recommend them to other people.

Original review: April 4, 2018 My sister was the one who first told me about the Greenfield because we were getting puppies at around the same timeframe and I had searched for the breed that I wanted locally and they were just not available for six months out and then with over a year-long waiting list. I didn’t want to wait a year and six months.

It was five days to coordinate with Greenfield the I got them within a couple weeks of each other. There were pictures and videos, so you get to see the puppies. You look at the still picture of the puppies and you can get a general idea of that particular litter if they are really playful or not.

I got two Miniature Goldendoodles from two different breeders, but both with Greenfield. Snickers and Cinnamon will be about seven months old next week. With the first puppy Snickers I contacted the breeder and said I was really interested in this particular puppy and the breeder called me right back and answered my questions about that stuff.

We were able to quickly get the Snickers once I made the selection and paid them. They shipped out on the airplane. For Cinnamon, the breeder was really good, but the person I dealt with the Greenfield didn’t follow up in a timely manner. She wasn’t paying attention to what I was saying in the e-mail because I said that I had already paid the fee and she kept saying back to me, “You have to pay the fee first and then we’ll be contacting you when we get it right away.” And so, that puppy took a lot longer to get to me.

I’m absolutely and fantastically satisfied with the puppies. They’re perfectly amazing. I love them. They’re very healthy. They’ve learned very quickly. Everyone loves them. Our vet, and our groomer said they were the best. The dogs are really friendly, social and loving. They worked out really great for us. It was the right breed for us to get.

People have asked me and they’re quite surprised that I just saw them online and ordered them through Greenfield. I would do it again because if you’re the kind of person who has to touch and feel the puppy and knows you’re going to bond with them and had the time because there's nothing you can do about that unless you want to travel there. I highly recommend them actually and I just tell them to be patient in going through the process.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We were on the internet looking around and I saw on Greenfield a puppy that looked just like the Border Collie I had before so I bought her. Greenfield got her shipped for me and it was the next week after I bought her when they shipped her. I work on a pipeline and my puppy goes with me every day so she is a part of my life constantly. She's a good puppy and she's really loving but she is hyper as hell.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My mom needed a new companion and she researched Greenfield on the internet. It was the right deal that made the fit. She knew what she wanted, found one online and bought it. The puppy's a Labradoodle named Bently and my mom spends more time with him than anybody else. Everything seems to be going well. The only thing was that the international airport was a lot of travel for us. We ended up going to Medford, but the other option was to go to San Francisco or Oakland which was a full day drive for us there and back. We have local airports here and we could have not had to fly and do an international one. Other than that, everything went fine.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We wanted a Goldendoodle and Greenfield had a big selection and could get it in time. I picked out a picture on the website and then I contacted the breeder. He said that he could ship her and she was still available. I had to call the shipping department for Greenfield and they scheduled a flight and contacted the breeder from then on. Our new puppy is like a milk chocolate colored Goldendoodle and she's bright, very smart, playful, and friendly. We had a great experience with Greenfield and I would tell my friends to try them.

Original review: March 30, 2018

We are getting retired and we don't have kids, so we wanted to try how it is with a pet. There aren't many puppies in Minnesota, so we tried to find one online and the father-in-law said Greenfield is the best one. They did a good job. Everything was on time and went very smooth, so we didn't have anything to worry about. We got the cutest puppy poodle and his name is Bing. He's now six months old, very charming, cute, and funny. He brings us a lot of joy and we love him very much.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Our experience with Greenfield Puppies was excellent. The children were at an age where they would be responsible to help care for the puppy. We went online, looked up Greenfield and read the reviews. There was a whole selection of different breeds and that was what I really liked about it. So if you know what you're looking for, you'll find the breed you're looking for. If not, then there's a wide selection that you can choose from. We needed a puppy that was hypo-allergenic and looked a certain way and a certain color. There was a lot to choose from and we were able to find exactly what we were looking for.

We were very happy with the breeder that we bought our puppy from. At that time we were in transition between homes and he was able to keep the puppy for us for an additional two weeks until we were able to transition into a different home so that he wouldn't be confused with coming into an area and then a change in environment two weeks later. That was great. He was also able to talk us through the process and advise with the food that we were to buy. The information on Greenfield was also accurate and I liked the picture. It was not like you're seeing a picture then when you get the puppy, it's totally different than what you saw online. He was exactly what we got.

Our Bichon Frise was 12 weeks when we got him. He is now seven months and he's doing excellent. He had his immunization, a good bill of health. We had to do more 'cause he came from a different state and we're in Massachusetts so there were different requirements. Other than that, he adapted right away and he obviously loves the children.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was looking for a puppy forever and I finally bought a house with a backyard so I decided to buy one. I live in Utah and I have a friend here who had bought two dogs from Greenfield Puppies before and she recommended them. I have a really bad allergy and everyone has told me to get something with Poodle in it. And the same girl that recommended Greenfield Puppies to me has Cavapoo and I play with them so much. So I decided to also get one. I named her Abby and she's about six months now.

Greenfield's website was very helpful and the only that really bothered me was once it was all over with. I was looking where this dog came from and it looks like there's a lot of puppy mills in this Pensylvania area. I don't know if they knew these puppies come from puppy mills. But the people working for them were all great. Everything they said would happen happened and they were easy to work with.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had a puppy in the house and I needed a playmate that would fit well with her. I came upon the Greenfield site on the internet and once there, you put the breed that you’re looking for, and then you scroll down and it gives you all the brothers and sisters and shows you what’s available and what could be coming. It was great and I liked it because you could contact the actual breeder and there is no running around. It was a reasonable price and they have papers. Chapel, the puppy, had to go to the vet and get a certificate of health before he could go anywhere. As soon as they got a hold of the breeder, they got the money and the whole check was done, within a few days, you will get an email. They will tell you the flight, where to pick him up and then you go pick your puppy up.

Chapel is an Akita and he is 60 pounds right now. He is seven months and he’s beautiful. They look like Siberian Huskies but their tail rolls up like a pig and very territorial. My other puppy is a wild woman and Chapel is very passive and calm but both of them have brown eyes. I'm going to get another puppy from Greenfield when the time is right. You can't go wrong and they keep you in the loop. I'm on the West Coast and they're on the East so, I would leave messages and they will call me right away. They wouldn't leave me hanging and they were very attentive to what I needed. It's amazing and really good.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Greenfield Puppies in PA is all Amish and puppy mill based. After doing intense research all the puppies will come from the same people of the last name Stoltzfus, Fisher, and so on and so forth. Very basic Amish makes. The pictures they have posted do not match the puppy you will receive. Shame on you Greenfield Puppies for NOT doing your research and realizing it’s just a giant puppy mill. NEVER purchase through them and support the puppy mill business with their sick dogs who they are raising in horrible conditions. You can basically type in those names/last names and it will come up as puppy mill people.

Natasha,

Our company takes the majority of the photographs you see on our website so to say those are not the puppies that you will receive is an incorrect statement. Almost all breeders have received a bad name because of a few bad apples, and to make a broad statement like that about breeders in general is very unfair. We are not a puppy mill because we do not raise or breed puppies. We do our research to the best of our ability when working with our breeders, and I think you are failing to realize is how many people there are out there with the same last name. If you are a person who wishes to adopt your pet that is your prerogative, please allow other people the same choice if they choose to work with a breeder.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I'm retired so I have time for a dog and Greenfield Puppies was the first I logged on to on the internet. They had all the pictures there and found what I wanted. Carla caught my eye and I called the breeder and talked to him for a couple of weeks before she was shipped. She’s a King Charles Cavalier, I got her at eight weeks and she’s the best animal I've ever owned. She’s adorable and she’s my best friend. Since then, life has been better in almost every respect and I just recommended them to a friend of mine yesterday.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We’ve been looking for a Cavapoo for a long time and we were having a really hard time finding it locally, but we found it online through Greenfield. They do some nice photo work to give you a pretty good image of the puppies. They stage all of their photos. So, it was pretty easy for us to choose. We were having a hard time finding a female, but then we finally found one through a breeder named John. He gave us more pictures and more information and just made the process pretty smooth. Greenfield was basically there to help coordinate the shipping. We paid them for whatever their transportation package was to get her from Pennsylvania to Portland. Belle is about five and a half months now, and she's been a joy. A puppy is a lot of work, but she’s been just the love of our life. She’s been very healthy, and we’ve been very lucky.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My wife and I are both retired and we’ve had puppies through most of our marriage. We go back and forth in Arizona and Illinois. Right now I’m in Arizona. We thought it was too much trouble with the puppy going back and forth but we both decided that we needed a puppy to perk things up in our life a little bit. I was impressed with the wide variety Greenfield Puppies had to choose from with the Cavapoos. They had dozens and dozens. They either worked with many other sources or they had a nationwide broker. Their price was good too.

We got a Cavapoo, half Cavalier half Poodle, and he is about six months old. He was born on an Amish Farm outside of Philadelphia, Lancaster County. And we had him from there to here. Greenfield arranged a transportation and that was our biggest concern. I was not gonna drive 3,000 miles to pick him up then turn around and come back here. We paid extra for that and that went pretty smoothly. Our puppy is cute, lively and mischievous. Having him, I've had less sleep but it's been fine. It was a positive experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My boyfriend was ready to just get a hunting dog but he chose a puppy because it’s better to train instead of a rescue dog. We couldn’t do an adoption because we needed a young puppy for him to be able to train, so we looked for a breeder. There wasn't a breeder in our area with any available puppies. We were searching for the breed that my boyfriend wanted and Greenfield Puppies came up in the search engine. We looked at pictures and liked them. We tried to contact the breeder a little bit and they were nice and return our calls. But I wouldn't do it again because we're just too far away and the flight was very hard to do to a puppy.

Greenfield called and returned my calls and set up the shipping. It took a week to get the puppy shipped and there was a lot of communication during that week. I got frustrated and nervous, but they answered my questions and did what we paid them to do, so they were fine. We love our puppy and she's a really good one. We have other dogs and we integrated her into the family. Getting a puppy online was scary and it was just not for me. But Greenfield Puppies didn't give us a bad experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've got two female Silver Labradors. And I wanted a male so that I would be able to breed them myself. I looked up "Silver Lab puppies for sale" and Greenfield Puppies was one of the first ones that came up and it looked legit. It was also always easy to get a hold of them. They always responded the same day on my email and I always had the chance to call them if I was concerned about something. It was a really good experience with them. The only thing I would recommend to anybody who's shipping a brand new dog to someone is to give it a good bath before you ship it. 'Cause that poor baby stunk. Other than that, everything was perfect.

And they were real as well. 'Cause you're not concerned about customer service anymore, you're concerned about if something like this is a scam. Anytime you're dealing with money and the internet, you're worried that you're getting lured into a scam. Obviously, it wasn't. The process was easy. And communication was key, I never lost that. Even a couple of weeks after we got our puppy, I got an email from the same lady as a follow-up asking me how he was doing. So, that was really cool.

Original review: March 18, 2018

We were looking at the Bernese Mountain Dog breed and we were ready to move ahead with purchasing one. The prices with Greenfield were much better than those from up in these areas of Maine, where we live, and New England. I picked the breed out of the site and contacted the breeder that was in Ohio. She would send pictures of the puppy. I had to pay a shipping fee and they shipped them to Portland, Maine for me and we picked him up there. They were really good about getting him shipped out within a week and they did everything that they said they were going to do.

We have three dogs, so he was a baby and they all love each other. We live out in a country and they get a lot of activity and he's been very fun. He fit right in the pack and they just look after him. He's going to be seven months old soon and he's growing like a weed and he is a joy to be around. I just got him potty trained and having the other two really helped.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased a Doberman puppy from Amos ** in Gordonville PA on July 9, 2016. On the website, the mother was shown as a black/brown Doberman. When we arrived to look at the pups, the mother was fawn color. Nonetheless, the pup looked healthy and kept in clean conditions so we purchased a female pup. When her adult teeth came in, she was missing three teeth on each side of her bottom jaw. Additionally, she has white patches of fur on her belly and between her front legs, even though she is black/brown. Three vets have seen our dog - all say that these characteristics are the result on extensive inbreeding.

Our dog is exercised daily and has a very healthy diet. She is muscular and very strong. Nonetheless, the results of inbreeding have left our dog with quite a few missing teeth. Additionally, she has developed ACL issues with her left knee. Not sure what else may show up as she ages. Super dog - should NOT have these kinds of problems if coming from a knowledgeable breeder.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought my Boston terrier at the place in Quarryville Pa. I had a great experience with the guy Melvin he kept in touch and was willing to hold my beautiful Penelope until I was able to have the day off to come and get her. Melvin gave me vet papers and also dog food so I can change her over to what I have in my home. Although he didn’t know what kind of dog food it was. I have heard stories about these places but had a vet appointment on the same day to ensure that she was healthy. She came with first round of shots but was due for her second round also had a case of mites nothing too drastic.

I contacted Melvin upon leaving vet to let him know about the case of mites she had and he was quick to say he will make sure that whoever was with her will be treated and he was very sorry. Penelope is an awesome, happy, healthy dog and I would recommend buying from the place in Quarryville. She did smell like a farm animal but had a wonderful bath once she got home lol. I’m very pleased with Melvin in Quarryville.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Our eight-year-old puppy died of lung cancer in June of last year. We looked for a puppy but we could not find a reputable breeder. We're out here in California and we turned to Greenfield Puppies' website and found our dog. We looked through the pictures and we picked the puppy out by what he looked like on there. I then talked with the owner. We got a certified check, mailed it off to the owner and when he received it, they went ahead with the process. The dog was sent to the vet for his checkup and then an air flight was booked to get him out here to us.

We got our English Mastiff a couple days shy of three months and he's now six months old. He's a big dog and he's 100 pounds today. He changed his name to Maximus and our vet was impressed with the breed and his gentleness and personality. We just scored. We have younger children so that was our concern but he's the best. Even through his training classes, I couldn't complain. Everybody loves him, even the trainer. He's very smart and we didn't have trouble house training him at all, he had the huge backyard. Maximus is refilling the emptiness that we had from our little furry friend. And with his personality, he added extra love to our family.

The only thing with Greenfield was if there was a way to pay online to make it faster because we sent a certified check and we had to wait for the mail to get there. Other than that, everything else went fine. I have recommended Greenfield to other people and told them of my experience. To me, just the breeders that were there seemed more down-home type. They truly loved their animals and they were there to find them the best home.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We had our dog for 15 years and he died. About a month after, we decided we really needed another dog. We did an internet search and found Greenfield had a selection of Samoyed which is the type of dog we're looking for and isn't super common. We got a big, white puppy. He's six months old, 40 pounds, and wonderful. I had a wonderful experience with Greenfield and they were very helpful with setting up the transportation since the dog had to be flown in. I'd definitely recommend Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We were talking about getting a puppy and when we started looking through Craigslist. We found a picture of a puppy that we liked and we wanted to get it but we found out that it was a fraud. The picture had a Greenfield Puppies logo on it and we ended up finding out about them. We reached out to them and a guy contacted with the breeders. We were able to talk to them and expedite things at a fairly decent pace. Greenfield was always available and ready to answer any question that we had and their reps assisted us phenomenally. We got a Pomeranian Husky mix that we named Artemis and he's about a year old now. He changed our lives fantastically.

Original review: March 10, 2018

My daughter had been dying for a dog, so we gave it to her as a Christmas present. She did a Google search and we came across Greenfield. They contacted the seller, who then got in touch with me. We're in Florida and the dog was coming from Ohio, so they did all the arrangement as far as shipping the dog. They also made sure that the dog had all her vaccines and had been seen by a veterinarian before getting shipped to us. They were wonderful and it was a very smooth process. They let me know exactly when the dog was coming, gave me out of sight information and it was very thorough. We got an English Cream Golden Retriever. Her name is Winter and she's six months now. Our lives have gotten a little crazier and we love it. She's a wonderful dog and we're having so much fun with her. She's super sweet and very playful. She's beautiful and our therapy.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've been looking for a Pomsky for a while and I found Greenfield's website. I saw that they have Pomskies for sale and that they were at a reasonable price. And so I said, "Why not?" And then, there was just something about this Pomsky that caught my eye and it might've been his two different colored eyes. One eye is bright blue and one is dark brown, and his coat is black and white. All his paws are white except for his body. He's six months old and is very energetic and he loves to play. Greenfield assisted me with how to pay and with the process of the flight as well. They were easy to work with and all the breeders on there are certified, they're not just puppy mills where they constantly breed their dogs. I would highly recommend Greenfield.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Picked up a healthy, calm little puppy last year from breeder. My husband and I are so happy with our little miniature poodle/Maltese/Bichon mix. The breeder, Stephen Stoltzfoos and his wife were so sweet and calm. The puppy is just that way too. It is obvious that they know what they are doing when they breed dogs for temperament and health. Such an easy transaction too. Very happy. In fact, my husband would like to go back and buy a sibling of the dog.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I just got married and we wanted a puppy. I was looking for a Golden Retriever and I saw one at Greenfield. We liked it and we ordered it. The process was very straightforward and easy. They were very good and they were available at all time. The dog's name is Bella and she's six months. We're very happy with her. Others should go with Greenfield too.

Greenfield Puppies Company Information