Strasburg, PA

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have two senior dogs, a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old, and I know that I'll probably lose them soon. I wanted to have a younger dog because I probably wouldn't go get another dog if something happened to my senior dogs, so I thought I'd get one before that happened. I was looking for a certain breed of dog and through the breeder, we heard about Greenfield Puppies. The breeder was Amish and didn't have internet, but he had a friend who hooked him up with them.

My new puppy is a beautiful, big, and healthy Swiss mountain dog. He's a good dog. He was 10 weeks when I got him and he's about 14 weeks now. I showed up at the airport with a small crate, and the man who brought him rolled him out in this crate that barely fit the back of my truck. It's so funny because he's so big that he looks like a full-grown dog with his size, but he's just a puppy, all legs and tongue.

Having my new puppy has taught me a lot because I have disabilities and I have had health issues, and it's given me hope and something to look forward to. So, I'm trying to train this dog and possibly take service dog classes. It's very exciting for me to have a fresh start, especially after taking care of two senior dogs for a couple of years now. It was my first time to get a puppy from Greenfield, but I would recommend them. I have told other people that I had a smooth transaction with them. I never had to worry. It was just perfect and the best part couldn't be any better.

We used to have a dog but had been stolen so we needed to get a new one. We haven’t found one that looked exactly liked our old one. Then I happened to find the Greenfield Puppies website and I read the reviews and most of the reviews were good. I saw that there was a lot of puppies that found a home, so I found it to be legit. I decided to call one of the owners that had the puppy that I wanted. He was very nice and kept in touch with me until I was ready to purchase the puppy and we went on from there.

The Greenfield people were very nice and polite and they kept in touch with me, like when they came to ship in the dog to me. The prices were very affordable. I actually did recommend them to two people, ‘cause I get a lot of people asking me where I get my puppy from. Our lives changed tremendously with our new dog and my kids are in love with him. We made sure we went through all the measure that we did with the first dog we had. We got him a dog tag and a collar and everything with the phone number and address because anything can happen.

I bought a puppy from a breeder on Greenfield. Greater Swiss Mountain dog. Within 2 weeks of getting her she got parvo. Took her to the vet and she got better. Two month later she started having seizures. Took her to the vet again they said it was genetic and would not hurt her. Week later my 7 month old puppy died. When I looked at her papers her mother was a product of a brother sister breeding. Lost my puppy and all of the money for the vet bills.

My dog died and I looked up Greenfield on the internet. Their customer service was great. I wanted a mixed puppy and I stuck with Greenfield once I found the breed that I was looking for. I chose a puppy based on a photograph that was on the internet and I went with a Labrador combination with a Royal Golden Retriever. This new puppy has filled a void in my life from the passing of our little dog.

I have no complaints about Greenfield's process for puppy selection. What I do have a complaint with is the shipping process. What they do not tell you upfront is that they only ship three days of the week (W-F). This means, depending upon when your selection takes place, and how busy they are, it can take two weeks (or more) to get your dog, as in our case. This can mean that instead of getting an 8 week old puppy, you get a 10 week old pup. More information upfront would have been very nice.

The children prompted me to get a new puppy. My boy googled Greenfield Puppies and they looked reputable. I liked the people that I talked to there and the reviews of the company. We also called some of the people that had formerly dealt with them and Greenfield sounded up and up. Our experience with Greenfield was awesome. They helped us choose a puppy that's non-shedding and gentle. Our new puppy, Bernie, is a Bernedoodle puppy, a mix of a Bernese small dog and a poodle. It's good to have him. He's like a little child.

But here's what was kind of weird -- We bought the dog on the East Coast from a breeder and the dogs there had never been away from home. They put the puppy in a crate and then they put it in a plane by itself, and that had to be frightening for the dog. He had a little bit of anxiety about the kennel when he got to our place. He likes the kennel now, but for a couple weeks he was afraid of getting back to it. But Greenfield did the best they could and he's happy now.

I was moving and my kids want a little puppy. I did a general search on a breed that I was looking for and Greenfield came up that they had some available. When I was searching for puppies, I looked at the head size, the width of the shoulders, the chest size to see if she was going to be a nice and stout female. And I also looked if the ears are perky and if the puppy was happy. It's a little hard to do it online. But the new puppy I got is very friendly and well trained. I'm very happy with her. She listens great and the kids love her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

My mom died a year and a half ago and when my horse died, I didn't have a horse to feed and my budget was a little looser. I had my mare for 15 years and she was my therapy, too. I'm a Gulf War veteran who suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. My shrink said that I could get a dog and I always wanted a German Shepherd so that’s what I did. A friend of mine who lives New Jersey and her boyfriend had a German Shepherd. Their male dog died so he got a new dog and then I asked where they got it. They said Greenfield Puppies and I went there. I went to Pennsylvania because that’s where they got their dog from. I was shopping around and I wasn’t too sure if I would have to go pick one out or pick it up.

Then I found a dog that I liked. I was told that they could ship, which was wonderful. But the vendor changed his mind and didn’t wanna sell me the puppy because he didn’t know where Puerto Rico was. I said that it's not far. It's only three and half hours from Pennsylvania to the airport to my house and that I'll be there to pick her up. I guess he was a young kid. The next day, he called me. I was in tears and I was so happy I was getting my dog. He called me the next day and told me to forget about it because he wasn’t comfortable with dogs flying in a plane.

I went and found another dog. These people were really nice to me. He said yes and he didn’t have a problem. He had dogs shipped to California or Colorado and he didn’t have a problem with that. But he said that he had to charge me an extra $100 for the veterinarian to clear the dog to get on the flight which didn’t really bother me because I wanted my dog.

The shipping part was amazing. The shippers were wonderful and the lady was an amazing and wonderful person. She was so kind and she went the extra mile. When I asked her questions and she doesn't know, she'll get back to me and she reassured me about United Airlines and the company they had for shipping. The dog missed the flight but they didn’t even charge me extra for the overnight. I live three hours from the airport and I was already an hour into the ride at 1:00 at night. I turned back home and got home at 12:00 crying again because I couldn’t get my dog.

We went to sleep and then a couple of hours later, we got the dog. All the way to Puerto Rico, they did a great job and the dog was passed well. She had her nice little fluffy newspaper and she had the bag of dog food on top of the box. She was fine and she wasn’t nervous. She was a little shy, but once we got around on the grass, she started sniffing. In Pennsylvania, it was cold and that was February. She started sniffing grass and she was rolling because I guess she’s never seen grass before. Then when we got home, I checked her out by the horses and she found my hay pile. She started rolling, playing in it, and digging in it. I was told she lived in a barn and she was outside. So she was fine and the readjustment was wonderful. The dog's name is Brady and she helps a lot.

My kids were hounding me for a new puppy and we decided it was the right time to get one. We did a lot of research and in doing an internet search on the type of dog that we were looking for, we came upon Greenfield Puppies and liked their professionalism and market materials, and the way that their puppies are marketed. The price was very good. It looked like they knew what they're talking about. So, we went with them.

In choosing our new puppy, we searched on many websites and looked at some pictures. Then I've gotten in touch with the breeder and had him send me a couple of videos, and we liked those videos. Greenfield was easy to work with and followed through on everything that they said they would do. It was a very smooth and excellent process, and I'm very satisfied and happy. They met all my expectations. Our new puppy, Ruben, is a miniature Goldendoodle, and about seven months old. He's energetic, obedient, smart, and loving. He's fantastic. He's active and we walk everyday. There's more laughter in the house and it's really good with him around.

My boys have just been asking me for a puppy forever. Their birthdays rolled around so we decided to do it. I liked the way Greenfield had all the pictures and the little video that goes along with each puppy so you'd get an idea of what you're going to get. The breeder contacted me a couple of times during the process and then somebody from Greenfield emailed me several times arranging the flights. They even emailed me once we got him to make sure everything went well. They were great. We live in Texas and we ended up getting the puppy from Pennsylvania. Tanner's a Maltipoo, tan-colored and he was nine weeks old when we got him. We love him to death, especially my youngest who carries him around all the time. We had a great experience with Greenfield.

I wrote a review already once in Oct 2015 about the breeder misinforming me and telling me that my dogs weren't inbred. And when I got their papers they indeed are inbred. Their parents have the same mother. My dogs' mom and dad are half siblings. The review wasn't posted because it "wasn't factual". I even emailed Greenfield a copy of my dogs' pedigree and all they said is they "can recommend the breeder not breed these two dogs together anymore". "Not factual"?!?! MY DOGS ARE INBRED AND THAT'S A FACT! Guess what that breeder did? Breed the dogs again and those pups were yet again listed on this site. Now guess what? My dogs are sick! They have kidney disease and aren't even 2 years old.

There is a study being done by the DCA on this inherited juvenile nephritis. I contacted Greenfield and asked them to email me back so I could send them some information. All they said was they haven't heard from anyone else regarding puppies that were purchased from that breeder and gave me the phone #. No 'I'm sorry your dogs are sick, we'll try to contact the breeder to see if anyone reported problems', etc. Nothing to show sorrow or sympathy that one of their "reputable breeder" is inbreeding their dogs and I (their customer!!!) now have 2 sick dogs.

My husband was searching for Husky mixes and found Greenfield Puppies on the internet. The process of choosing the puppy was easy. We ended up getting a Goberian. That's half Golden and half Husky. Her name is Leila and she's five months old. She's cute. I emailed Greenfield to arrange for the shipping and our conversations went smoothly. They were very good to work with.

We moved and our place got some land so we decided to get a new puppy. We figured out what kind of breed we wanted, and it's a difficult breed to find. We got a Bernese Mountain Dog mix and she's five months. She's really great with our kids, and they play together well and keep each other busy. We were looking for four or five months before we found her. The breeder told me to send him a money order, so I did. And then my contact at Greenfield Puppies said, "Don't send the money order. That will take two weeks longer to clear." There seemed to be some confusion on how to pay but there was an agreement so we got the puppy a lot sooner than we anticipated because the money order cleared right away.

Our other dog had passed away so we thought of getting a new one. I was looking for a dog that was mixed with Boston Terriers so we started doing a website search and Greenfield Puppies came up. Their process was really easy. I was able to get the breeder’s phone number from off of their website and contacted the breeder, and I was able to ask all the questions I needed to ask. I felt really comfortable working with him. I purchased my dog and then Greenfield arranged for the flight. They were really communicative, did a fantastic job with making it all happen, and everything was very clear. They did a great job. I felt really comfortable with the whole process. They followed up with me afterward as well and made sure everything's going well and I thought that was nice. Everything was great.

Since it was being done long distance, it’s more trustworthy to go with them. Greenfield Puppies had a larger database and safer when you’re transferring money long-distance. I wanted some insurance and I made sure I wasn’t being scammed. I was scared because it was my first time, but it worked out. The seller was very trustworthy and when the shipping representative called me back, she made me feel more comfortable too. I got a Cavalier King – it’s a Cavapoo. They don’t breed them here for some reason. They don’t see too many of them here in Texas so everywhere she goes, people notice her. The kids enjoy her and she’s doing great. She’s also potty-trained. I was not happy with the cost but it’s an investment and it does not have anything to do with the company.

Mrs. Jones,

We are very sorry for this experience. We will be contacting the breeder and finding whether or not these puppies are purebreds as they were advertised. We advertise the information that is provided to us by the breeder so this is an unfortunate situation. I will be in contact with you to discuss this further and will contact the breeder to make sure the parents are purebred. If they are not, he will no longer be able to advertise them as such.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Just wanted to speak on behalf of the 2-hour ride to purchase 2 little Pomeranian puppies. Upon our arrival we met the breeder who in fact was a very nice man. My question to him, "Are they pure breeds?" He stated to me, "I believe so." Now considering we owned a Pomeranian for 14 years until his passing on April 5, 2017 we were totally aware what a purebred looked like and we knew what one looked like if mixed. So we asked to see the parents and lo and behold I thought ASAP what in the world! The parents were mixed and looked like German Shepherd or such!

I was so disappointed so he guided us to his son who also is a breeder to show us his Pomeranians that were newly born. We requested to see the mother and the same results. If you're a breeder please try not to deceive people who have own an animal for many years. We are well aware of the breed. Lost a sell for 2 puppies and a 2-hour ride of disappointment on our behalf. Today we are officially owners of a Cavapoo (mixed of course) and a Pomeranian... PURE BREED... BEWARE.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 18, 2017

Thanks to the help of Consumer Affairs, I have been contacted by both Greenfield and the breeder. Greenfield has asked the breeder to have the parents tested for hip displasia. Testing is scheduled to be done. I am pleased with the help that I received from Neil at Greenfield.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I purchased an 8 week old Goldendoodle from a breeder recommended by Greenfield Puppies. She is now 11 months old and has been diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia. I have been told that this is a genetic defect caused by one of the parents. The only solution to correct this problem is FHO surgery. This will cost me several thousand dollars and months of physical therapy to help rehabilitate my dog. The breeder continues to offer puppies from the same parents. I have tried to contact Greenfield Puppies but cannot get through to a live person. I have left messages with no response. I have emailed Greenfield and they have been unresponsive to my requests for help. I would caution anyone considering purchasing through them. I am not sure what their screening qualifications are or if they are ever enforced.

My wife wanted a Pomsky and I couldn’t find them anywhere. I looked at all the websites I could and I finally inquired on other ones, but either they weren’t available or the price wasn’t right. Then, there was a seller on Greenfield Puppies that had one and they negotiated the price enough to where it was feasible. The process was fine and the whole experience was easy and trustworthy.

We had a lab for like 16 years. Moved to Colorado and decided it was time to get a dog. I had seen a Pomsky before and just really wanted one. But I was nervous because I’m not sure about the process. Ever since I bought him, I thought about what happens to the ones that aren’t beautiful? But then, my experience with Greenfield Puppies has been very positive. The breeder that I bought him from was super nice and everything was legit. My vet says that he’s super healthy and that he was taken care of, so all of that makes me super happy. Spartacus is a great little dog and we love him. Although I didn't know a lot about designer dogs before I purchased him. And now that I do, it makes me question the process a bit. Other than that, Greenfield Puppies did a great job. They were really nice and they did everything that they said they were gonna do and exactly in the timeframe that they did it.

I never heard of Greenfield Puppies before until I bought a puppy from a breeder named Justin. The service that he was providing made me bought from him. I got an Alaskan Malamute and my life has been awesome ever since. He's already 60 pounds at five months. Everything went good.

I saw the puppy I wanted on Greenfield Puppies and the puppy was guaranteed in a sense. Greenfield did everything they should have and I'm totally happy with them. I love them and they were totally good with me. If anybody is looking for an honest to goodness puppy, go through Greenfield Puppies.

I purchased a rotty from Levi ** 4 months ago and he didn't disclose all the issues my puppy had but we loved her so we were going to pay vet to fix her eyes and remove rear dew claws and dock tail. But for some reason after surgery she passed away. That's right. A healthy 6 month old dog. Now we are having a necropsy done to see what went wrong and I will be reaching out to this POS to make this right. She was the best dog in the world and I'm lost right now. I will put a update later.

I was looking at places that were selling Pomskies and not too many places have them for sale. When I went on the Greenfield Puppies' page, it was very neat, clear and organized. With my first experience with them, the breeder was very familiar with how things go and how things are supposed to be set up as far as shipping so that went very smoothly. She sent me an invoice through PayPal and she had a shipping team that she was working with so I didn't have to contact anyone.

After that, I decided to look for my second puppy through Greenfield Puppies as well. However, the second one was a tad a bit more difficult because the breeder wasn't as familiar with the shipping methods since he was only selling the puppies in the state of Pennsylvania where he was residing. I also had to get a cashier's check from the bank and have it mailed out which was a little bit more of a hassle. That was a little bit more tricky but all in all, everything worked out fine.

When I went to the Greenfield Puppies site, I saw that they had the kind of puppy that I was looking for - a mini labradoodle. I also liked that they updated their site quickly. As soon as I had purchased the puppy, they had put that it was already sold so it's not running into the issue of people looking at puppies that are not available. I also worked with them to ship my puppy from Pennsylvania to LA and they did a great job and was very responsive to all the questions. But what would have put the experience over the top is if they gave me options in regards to flights. It seems like there was only one flight that I had to focus on and be available to pick up the puppy. But the flight they gave me worked for my schedule. And I think they would have looked to change it if it didn't work for me. Although having that option in the beginning would have been ideal.

I had been on a list with another breeder for a dog. The mom couldn't have the litter at the last minute and that was after all my kids had been told they were getting a puppy. And so, we went to the internet and came across the image of a puppy that drew us to contact Greenfield and ultimately get to that puppy's breeder. However, my puppy is from the Pennsylvania area which is well-known to be a pocket of puppy mills. I'm hopeful that I didn't get a dog from a puppy mill as it's not something I want to support. I don't know if that's what I did or not. Still, my experience with Greenfield was good and the puppy is amazing. We're totally in love and happy with her.

Greenfield Puppies have a really good format. They have good pictures of the puppies and descriptions of them. I contacted the breeder then and they said that they would had the shipping also. It was really handy. Now I have a mini labradoodle puppy that I bought through Greenfield. She has a lot of energy and is having fun with our big and older labrador. I have her in puppy class and she's learning to retrieve. Had a good experience with Greenfield and I would definitely recommend them.

My wife wanted a Cocker Spaniel and it happened to be through Greenfield Puppies which was also recommended by the breeder we went through. We went to their website and followed all the instructions. Greenfield Puppies made the whole shipping process easy. It's a one-stop shop and we didn't have to go through different people to coordinate anything. We just talked to them and they took care of everything until we were going to pick the dog up.

At the drop-off, the puppy was shaken up from the flight. My wife named her Lady and she was a little nervous and standoffish, but she was fine. We picked her up and she had food and everything already with her. Since adding the dog to the family, life has been different. My wife does not have any children and so the dog is like her baby. She is absolutely in love with her. It was a birthday present for her so she pretty much knows that she’s her dog. I would recommend Greenfield.

I went online to look for puppies and that’s where I heard about Greenfield Puppies. I did the choosing online and then I talked to them about shipping the Labrador puppy. We always had dogs so getting a new one was just one more person in the house. The shipping process was good.

We thought our big dogs would push our little Maltipoo out so we decided to get a small dog to go with it. That decision led us to Greenfield Puppies. I wanted a breed that didn't shed and one that was either brown and white, merle or black and white. Also, I didn't want a Shih Tzu or another poodle. It was very hard to find a dog of color that wasn't those breeds. And so, I got onto the computer and up popped these colored Maltipoos from Pennsylvania. One-half of the dog's face was black and the other half is white. Moreover, there were only two places that they had them in the US.

I have had other dogs shipped to me. However, when I first clicked the transportation part of Greenfield's website, I did not understand what I was supposed to do. I'm not very technologically savvy and I thought it was very confusing until I understood it. At that point, it was very easy and all the arrangements were quickly made. Thereafter, Greenfield sent me notification regarding where and when. The dog eventually got here and she was great. It was as if she had been taken out of a bus ride around the airport. The other two puppies I had delivered previously did not make it nearly as well as this one did. We decided to name her Checkers because she looks like a checker board. She's a joy and it has been wonderful since adding her to our family.

It was a great experience. As far as the website and the people at Greenfield Puppies, they were great to work with. They were very prompt in getting back to me whenever I had any question. I did the shipping thing as well and that was very organized and very well done. The breeder was good and also great to work with. I'm in medical school right now and they held the puppy for me for that extra month until I was able to come home to Jacksonville. They didn't charge me additional money for it, which was fantastic.

They were new to Greenfield Puppies. It's only their second splitter that they had sold and they weren't aware about the charges for shipping puppies. They were happy to take the puppy to the vet within the ten days before shipping but they weren't aware of that cost. So, I told them that I would pay for that along with any additional vaccines or whatever that the puppy needed. But, they didn't realize that they overcharged me because some of the stuff that was included in that bill was for the other dog. So, they called me and sent my money back. They were great as far as how that goes.

But, the only complaint I had was when I received my dog, she was very disheveled. She also had worms but she hadn't received a deworming treatment which was surprising 'cause she was four months old the last time I got her. Her nails were so long that they were curling and her hair was super long and all knotted. I took her to the vet the next day and they cut her nails for me. The vet said that it needs to get a trim soon because it was pure insanitary. So, I took her to the groomer the day after that because her hair all around was super growing out. She is doing so much better now and she looks like a different dog. She looked like an old dog when I got her because her hair was still grown out.

The process of going online and then seeing all the different dogs and puppies that were posted on the Greenfield Puppies website was easy. I finally found a dog whose look I liked. I proceeded by following the update as they would pop up on there and which dog. I appreciate that all of their guys help. I would recommend Greenfield to all my friends because I have a silver lab and not a lot of people have those. People always want to know where I got him, so I always give them Greenfield Puppies' website.

I love our Morkie that we picked up in December 2016. Our experience was fine, though the environment was sketchy, and the breeder would not allow us to see the puppy parents? And when asking about the breed, she knew next to nothing about the puppy or the breed. Though she claimed to be doing this for years. She was quick to have us sign papers and give her our cash. Our Morkie is 6 months old and we have had to postpone her spay, because her bloodwork and urine samples are coming back with possible Kidney Issues. As a 6 month old puppy she should be able to concentrate her urine. I'm madly in love with her and the thought of her not living very long, pains beyond any limits. I blame the breeders.

We purchased our Border Terrier from AKC Breeder and our Border Terrier is year and half and healthy as can be. When we purchased our Border Terrier, we met the dog's parents and saw his siblings. When deciding to purchase a Mix Breed, finding good breeders is challenging and there is no AKC approval. Don't let the Amish, sweet little lady fool you. I believe this breeder was a puppy mill and now we might be paying the price and we might lose our little family member!!

Greenfield Puppies Company Profile