Call toll free
4.35/5
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Strasburg, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Greenfield Puppies was created to give future owners a safe and controlled way to find their new furry family member. For over ten years, Greenfield has set strict standards for our breeders so that each of our soon-to-be owners are guaranteed to welcome a happy, healthy pup into their home.

We understand that it is important to our families that their puppy arrives in good health, so each of our breeders undergoes a “Breeder Background Check” to ensure they are practicing healthy breeding in a safe environment. Furthermore, Greenfield Puppies prides ourselves in educating each of our breeders to verify they are informed on the healthiest breeding standards. Let us help complete your family with the perfect pup.

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

522 Greenfield Puppies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased an English Mastiff puppy there and he was having health issues shortly after I brought him home, loose stool constantly, and the worst case of worms I've seen. After trying to fix these issues, worms were taken care of, but stool was always off, then puppy had gone in for an operation then a second operation to remove swollen spleen then another organ failure issue immediately after that. I called breeder from start before operations but never ever answered nor received a return call from Mark **. He took my money and never even responded when questions were asked afterward. I spent almost $2000 for my puppy and several thousand more to save him and he didn't last much more than 2 months after I picked him up from Greenfield Puppies Shade Mountain/Mark ** kennels.

Mr Mcmanus,

I am very sorry to hear about this. Did you contact the breeder and make him aware of the issues you were having? It is the responsibility of any breeder to stand behind the health of their dogs. May I as when you purchased the puppy and also what the puppy's name was when advertised? I would like more information so we can track down this breeder for you.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Breeders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a Boston Terrier from Greenfield Puppies for my mother after her other dog passed away from old age. I liked the the pictures of their puppies and there was one in particular that I wanted. The puppy was six months old when I got her and she's almost one year old now. She's a wonderful dog and it has been great having her.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My daughter fell in love with a very chubby Newfoundland puppy on the website. She contacted the breeder and made arrangements for him to be dropped off at a specific location while we were in Pennsylvania for a weekend away as we live in Ontario. She was paying him an extra 300 dollars for delivery which was fair as it was a 4 hour drive. Upon drop off, the breeder who was about 20 years old arrived in a sports car and pulled the puppy from the trunk! He was very drugged which we discovered later and was boney thin and malnourished. He looked chubby because he was fluffy. It has been a trying 4 months and numerous vet visits trying to get him to put on weight. Plus he was terrified of kids and men. We later googled the name of the breeder and is on the top 100 worst puppy mills in the US. Do your research first!

Greenfield Puppies response

Adrienne, please tell us who this breeder is? This is not the way business is to be conducted. We need more information to make sure this breeder is dealt with accordingly. Please respond asap, thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

A local breeder for Greenfield Puppies is housing 10 adult dogs in 7 runs. No separate place for them to be "groomed" or have their puppies in a safe, quiet location. Inadequate waste disposal system. But they are in business because of the support of this parent company. 1 cute picture takes 30 seconds to take, but that puppy and its parents live in crappy conditions the rest of its life!

Hello Gwen,

Could you please provide us with the name and location of this breeder so we may check and see if he or she is even in our network. We are not a parent company, we are an advertising service that holds breeders to a higher standard than you are describing. Please supply us with facts so we can pursue and verify this.

Original review: July 29, 2018

My wife and I had been talking about getting a puppy for years. We went online and found Greenfield Puppies. One of the breeders, Levi, had a lot of pictures of his pups. We knew the breed that we wanted and we picked our dog out of a little video. It was great dealing with him and we were even considering buying another one from him. Also, the transportation company did an excellent job. Everything was just like it was supposed to be. They took good care of our puppy when they transported her. We got a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and she is eight and a half months old. It’s like having a baby again. We’re just ready to retire and we just wanted a companion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

Original review: July 24, 2018

Greenfield Puppies was who the breeder I found was using so I went with them. I like how they got back with me and messaged me. They told me what to expect or where to pick the dog up. I got a miniature Bernedoodle and she could get up to like 40 pounds. My life has changed dramatically since having her. I haven't had a dog in a while and I love her to death. She’s very active, but she’s a lot of work. It’s like having a baby. Greenfield Puppies was very true to what they advertise and what they say. I’m happy with the experience and going through them. I would use them again.

Greenfield Puppies response

Thanks so much Paula! Enjoy your new puppy:)

Original review: July 22, 2018

Our three boys had been pining for a puppy and I found Greenfield just by Google search. The presentation of the puppies and the information about the breeder made it seem like a legitimate, professional organization that I could trust. I got a mini Berendoodle and at maturity, she’s gonna be 35 pounds. Her breeder had a couple of her siblings in the litter on the site as well and there was a live video which made it helpful. We went with her because we loved the photo of her and the color combination and the video showed a little bit of her personality. Then, I contacted the breeder.

I’ve had dogs growing up but this is the first time that my wife and the three boys have ever had any kind of a pet inside the house and she’s like a little sister. My wife insisted that if we were going to have another family member, it was gonna be a girl so she wasn't surrounded by all boys. And so, it was like a little daughter for her. It has been wonderful and it’s great to see the relationship that the boys have with her. It was a fantastic experience and everything worked out.

We were really apprehensive going into it. We thought about flying out there and driving to the breeder and picking her up. But it was January and the timing won’t work and so we arranged for her to be shipped. Shipping her from Pennsylvania to LA was also very smooth and a nontraumatic process for us as well as for the puppy. Greenfield had someone who arranges all of that with the breeder and we got the information to make sure that she had her certificate from the vet. They provided the crate and some food for her. From the time that she left the breeder to the airport, it was a three-hour distance and from Philadelphia Airport, it was a six-hour flight and we waited at the cargo area an hour. It was a full day for her. She came out of the crate one big ball of fur and just excited to play.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We just picked up our Akita puppy from the airport yesterday (7/17/18). Both the breeder (Melvin **) and Greenfield Puppies have been wonderful to work with. I could tell by the way Melvin spoke that he cared a lot about his puppies and their mom (their family pet). He was always willing to answer my questions and never made me feel pressured to make a decision, or a purchase. He understood when I was indecisive because he agreed that bringing a puppy home was a big decision. Our new baby was seen by a vet twice, has had all of her age appropriate shots and dewormed before she even got to us. I was nervous to make such a huge purchase through a website, but I also felt confident after speaking to Melvin (breeder) and Tamara at Greenfield Puppies that this was the right decision for our family.

When the airline wheeled her crate out, she was a little scared but was alert and seemed happy to see people. She was not afraid or skittish at all. We immediately took her to a self-grooming place to wash her (she had gone potty in her crate - which we knew might happen because the flight was a little longer than we would have liked) and she was so calm the whole time. She let us give her coat a good scrub without pulling to get away. She rode on my lap for the 2 hour ride home from the airport just content as can be.

Her first night at home was very smooth. She is super smart and still a very calm pup. She has only whined once and it was because she had to potty. I can tell she was raised with other animals because she paid no attention to our cats and acted like she was right at home. The kids love her so much. We had to say goodbye to our old Akita a few weeks ago so bringing home our new baby has been such a joy. She has the perfect temperament and such great bone/muscle structure.

Both the breeder and Greenfield were excellent to work with. I definitely recommend this site! I have read many reviews - some bad and some good. There are definitely more good reviews than bad ones. There will always be some bad apples that try to ruin things for the good ones. I suggest talking to the breeder often to get a feel for how they talk about their puppies. We thankfully found one of the good ones who definitely cared for his animals. I couldn't be happier.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We moved into a new house and I've always grown up with animals, specifically German Shepherds. We had settled down and it was time to add another one into our family. I did some research online and Greenfield Puppies seemed more reliable and trustworthy. They seemed to have done more research and didn't just choose any random thing. They had to make sure that the puppies were in better shape and not just being completely bred for the sake of breeding. They seemed like they actually cared more about the puppies and where they went. They also made the process a lot easier with how they set it up and put most of the puppies in the same litter/breed together and by age.

So, I scrolled through the pictures and looked at the puppies. It was about the eyes that I chose the puppy I got. He was 2-3 months when he arrived and he has been a great help with all of the other animals. He's been really nice with the cats too. Overall, we had a great and convenient experience with Greenfield Puppies. They're a great way to get a pet.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I lost my husband and I wanted a companion. Greenfield Puppies had a Cavapoo which is a particular breed that I wanted. And the process of choosing the puppy was strange. I found the specific puppy online and thought she was beautiful, then I scrolled down to check out more and they had named her Camilla. My husband had a beautiful farm we still have in Camilla, Georgia where he was buried and so I went, “This was meant to be.” Camilla is amazing and I adore her. I love her and I take her with me everywhere. She's the best puppy in the world. So, I recommend Greenfield Puppies. Check them out as there are so many breeders involved there. You just have to have a connection with the breeder. I was fortunate that I got the breeder that I did and I liked him a lot. I told Daniel what I wanted and why I wanted it, and he was very kind.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My boyfriend and I have lived together for the past two years, and we really wanted a new puppy. We were specifically seeking a Cavapoo, and we stumbled upon Greenfield. We went looking through multiple photos and when we saw Hadley, he really resonated with us. We called his breeder and though we didn't get a hold of him first, he called back. He told us that Hadley had a heart murmur and he would be willing to give us a discount because of that. That also resonated with us since we felt like we'd be rescuing him in a sense, so we got him.

Hadley is a Cavapoo and right now, he's 14 pounds. The vet said that'll be his full size, so he's a miniature. Luckily, he outgrew his heart murmur, but since then he's broken his legs and he has pancreatitis now. But he has changed my boyfriend’s life. My boyfriend was not a dog person, and now he cries when he has to go on trips without Hadley. So Hadley has become a part of our family, and we could not get by without him.

However, we had communicated with someone and we were led under the impression that Hadley was going to be traveling with someone, and we had been speaking to this person multiple times. But when we got Hadley, he was on the pen as cargo. That was very disappointing 'cause my boyfriend was willing to fly out there to pick him up. Nevertheless, Greenfield is definitely a good place to find the perfect puppy.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My kids wanted a new puppy and found Greenfield Puppies' website. We like their website and their system and how easy it was to use. We went through the pictures and selected the one we like. We bought a Corgi puppy, who was eight weeks that time. The only thing criticism I would have is that the breeders weren’t very good at calling back or communication per se. We picked one puppy first and we were all ready to go. But after we sent the money the breeder disclosed to us that the puppy actually had a health issue with the heart. It was kind of after the fact so we decided to get our money back. He gave our money back and everything was fine. We love our new puppy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Greenfield Puppies was awesome. It had been something that my husband I talked about for a little while, and we just decided to go ahead and get another one. Our new dog is a full-size creamish white Labradoodle, and he was nine weeks when we got him. Choosing the dog was simple. They had pictures on the website and I contacted the owner. And then from there, the owner contacted Greenfield and we were able to set up the payment. I also researched to make sure that everything was legitimate. It went really smooth and they arranged the flight for the dog because he was in New Holland, Pennsylvania and I live in Alexandria, Louisiana. It worked out really well. I’m a big animal lover and I’m pretty much in love with the dog. He’s about eight months old now and weighs 80 pounds. He’s a lap dog.

Use this company because it is hard to find some Labradoodles. I was looking for this specific color and I had a hard time finding them when we were ready and so you had to reach out to different areas. This is the second Doodle I have had shipped to me and this was a very easy experience, so I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

We already had a four-year-old tom, and so my partner and I decided that we wanted the cat a friend. We got a Goldendoodle from Greenfield Puppies, a breed we were particularly looking for. He was 14 or 16 at the time we got him. When we found his cute face, we contacted the breeder and went from there. Our dog is a pain in the butt, but he is so much fun, and he's wonderful. He's a snuggler, and he just added a lot to our family. However, I would never ever advise somebody to ship a dog like we did. He had been in a crate and was scared all day alone and flying. He had gone to the bathroom in the crate, which was to be expected. It was so heartless to do that, and I did not realize what process it would be. Still, he was okay.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My family and I had been always interested in getting a Shiba puppy, so we were looking online. And when we saw Greenfield Puppies, and their pricings, and the assortment of puppies available, we just went through with it. They were the top rank search result on Google, too. We got the puppy when she was three months old. She's black, white, and brown-colored Shiba Inu female. The process was fairly easy. We contacted the owner to see if she was available, and then I communicated with one of the members from the Greenfield Puppies website, and they coordinated the shipping times and everything. When they have pretty much everything, they let me know when and where to go to pick her up on in my state. It's pretty much all straightforward. The answers were how everything went. The price was reasonable, and everything was all good on my end. The dog is really energetic and loving, so we have been a lot happier.

Original review: July 1, 2018

We had a dog for 12 years that we had to put to sleep last September and we really missed having a dog. I wanted a Cavapoo, which is not a well-known breed and I was having no luck finding any in California where I live and when I did find them, it was $3,000 and a two-year wait. I had a friend who had worked with Greenfield to get a little puppy and she was very happy with him, so I contacted Greenfield. Once I found them, it was a plethora of choices. They have so many breeders that they work with that there was every color, every marking, male and female that you could find with ease. I got a half Miniature Poodle and half King Charles Cavalier and they only get to be about eight to 12 pounds, and she’s white and brown. She makes us happy and makes us laugh all the time. I have referred a lot of people to Greenfield particularly because everybody falls in love with my dog and they ask where I got her.

Original review: June 29, 2018

We contacted Greenfield Puppies to purchase a Silver Lab. The puppy we wanted was still available and made arrangements to pick her up tomorrow 6/30 at 10:00am. We live in SC and our daughter was picking her up and bringing home. 7:25pm 6/29 her called to say his miscounted his females and had none??! However she’s still listed on the website and when I called he said someone came and got her 20 minutes ago and oh well there’s plenty more call Lancaster Puppies. What the H. We already purchased a cage to bring her home and all the other essentials needed. STEVE ** the breeder was so heartless and none caring about the situation. I said, "I guess you're running an ** puppy mill."

Greenfield Puppies response

Cindy, I first off want to apologize for the way the way this breeder conducted himself and the lack of care shown in regards to your arrangement. I will be looking into this individuals breeding practices as well as his lack of customer service. Is there anything that we, Greenfield, can do to make this right since you found him on our site?

Original review: June 24, 2018

I love dogs and I got a Cane Corso. I’ve always wanted another one and I was kinda looking for a playmate for him. I was looking at different dogs and making a decision on what I wanted. I was also in a lot of Facebook groups and a seller posted a few pictures of puppies. I reached out to him and I linked up with him through Greenfield Puppies. He had a connection with them in the way that he was going, so I ended up using them in buying my new dog.

I talked to the seller about the different personalities and temperaments of their puppies. But I knew I was already in the market for a female and Blue stood out to me right away off of the pictures. Then I found out that she was good with kids. She had a playful personality, but was already showing some of the guarding traits that I was looking for. So, I spoke to the seller several different times, had him send me some videos, and had him make sure that the health test was good. Then I decided on a date for going ahead and getting her. All in all, I had an awesome experience with Greenfield. Our transaction was smooth and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

One of our good friends had a Miniature Poodle and we fell in love with their dog. We never had a dog before and my daughter, my son, and I really wanted to have a puppy. I researched online trying to find a place that had the puppy that we were trying to get and I found Greenfield Puppies. We got a Miniature Poodle from them and we kept the name that they had for him which is Ringo. We saw what puppies were available and looking at the pics and the names, we decided that he was the one. It’s been brilliant having him and he is a part of the family. Overall, I loved my experience with Greenfield. It was fantastic and they did a great job.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was ill and depressed and I decided that a puppy would cheer me up. I had a fabulous experience buying two Cavapoo puppies from Greenfield. I just looked at the type of puppy I wanted and read about her. Since getting Daisy and Naia, everything has been fine and they've fit right in.

Original review: June 20, 2018

A friend of mine had used Greenfield Puppies for the same kind of breed that we wanted. We previewed the pictures and descriptions. We made a list of the ones we wanted more information on, and we called those breeders. And we decided on a particular puppy. And then, a day was picked for shipping. It turned out there was a huge snow storm there, so it was delayed a couple of days. Greenfield was good about communicating with us 'cause we were concerned if the puppy had made it to the airport and was it gonna stay in the airport. But it was returned to the breeder until it could be flown here. The Miniature Goldendoodle puppy is now almost eight months and she's good. I'd recommend and tell people to look at Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: June 19, 2018

There was a lot of Akita breeders around us and I wanted a certain kind of puppy, which was available on Greenfield Puppies. We liked the pictures and their shipping option. The communication with Greenfield was good with when the puppy was supposed to ship and how long the process was gonna take. Once the puppy was shipped, someone from Greenfield followed up and asked if everything went okay. I would use Greenfield again if we get another one.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We love dogs and we just lost one a year prior. We found Greenfield Puppies online and liked that they had different breeders and that we could contact the breeder we wanted separately. We were trying to find a rescue dog and that was a disaster but the site we used was difficult to work with. So, we ended up deciding to get a real puppy. On the other hand, choosing a puppy was good through Greenfield. The website was good about letting us choose among the different breeds and taking a look at it. It's also informative. We got a Maltipoo, Siran, and she's six months old now. We had to have her transported and Greenfield was helpful with that as well. We love the dog we got through Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My Lab passed away and I had some time without a dog. I decided that I was ready to have another dog to take care of and another companion to have fun with. My Lab was one of the best dogs you can ask for. I like all Labs, so I was looking for a German Shepherd-Lab mix and I found some on Greenfield Puppies' website. I thought it wasn’t real at first, but the more I looked in and researched it, the more legit it was. Then, I researched how Greenfield caters the dog, to buy the kennel for it, and get it on its flight. That helped me make my decision that everything was getting taken care of the right way. I got my dog at the very beginning of January. It was when the snow storm was happening on the East Coast. They had to delay everything because of the weather but besides that, everything went perfect and as planned. Greenfield did really well, including with the communication.

The puppy's name was Chloe when I bought her, but me and my family changed it to Kona. She’s full of energy and she loves to play and run. She gets a little crazy here and there, but she’s pretty obedient and listens to commands. So, pretty much all I could ask for. She’s seven or eight months old and around 60 lbs. She’s pretty skinny right now and all legs and body. Having the new puppy has given me something to look forward to everyday I go home, having somebody greet you and wanting to play. Also, I’m not as lazy anymore and I’m up and around. It’s pretty fun to do everything. We went for a walk around a lake the other day and we’re going on hikes, playing fetch, and teaching her how to swim.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We had a good time with Greenfield Puppies. We live down in Texas, so most of these puppies are coming from Pennsylvania. And had a company down here in Texas had websites that were nearly as nice as Greenfield’s, we might have gone with one of the more local breeders, but nothing even came close. Their website was the biggest selling point for us. We were pretty much directed to a breeder, and they were knowledgeable and willing to answer all of our questions. Once we got in contact with the shipping department at Greenfield, they were also very knowledgeable and very receptive to our questions. We got a mini goldendoodle. We named her Nala and she’s now going on eight months. I've recommended them to our friends and family. And my sister ended up buying a puppy from Greenfield Puppies as well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The breeder we went through used Greenfield Puppies. Everything was on the Greenfield website, so it made it nice and easy to choose which dog you were looking for. We got a half German shepherd, half Lab puppy at three months. She’s a doll and she’s eight months now.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was looking for a Cavapoo, like cavalier, some spaniel and a poodle, and Greenfield Puppies popped up from Google. Choosing a puppy wasn't hard. Most of my attention was to the breeder because I would look and see what information Greenfield gave me and then, I would google the name or try to find another source about a specific breeder. So, that was the biggest thing and the price.

My pet, Harper, came from Pennsylvania and I’m in Texas. I have never shipped anything through United so Greenfield was the one who contacted United and did the whole process. They just told me the flight numbers, when to be at the airport and then gave United's customer service number in Houston. And then, they double checked the next day that she got here and everything was okay. I did have a lot of questions and they were super, super helpful. Since then, my life has been so much better. It’s definitely a lot of responsibility, but it’s great. She’s perfect.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My wife was looking for a Goldendoodle and Greenfield Puppies was the first one we clicked on Google and that's where we went. We found one Miniature Goldendoodle which was exactly what we wanted. We named the new puppy Penny and this is the second dog to the family.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My girlfriend was looking for a specific type of dog and we found them on the Greenfield website. The breed was limited and the one we got was just one of the only ones I found. He’s a mix between a Corgi and a Husky and his name is Winston. It was stressful getting a dog all the way from across the country and not being able to see him. But I talked to the breeder and he provided me with medical, photos of the parents, and the environment that he was in. He's a great dog. He's energetic, fun, and playful and everyone loves him.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My wife wanted a Maltipoo which is a cross breed of a poodle and a Maltese. It's a smaller lap dog and her aunt has one. I tried to find one in our local area, but nobody had any that we could drive in because I was trying to do it as a Christmas present. We did some research and there was a lot of good reviews through Greenfield Puppies. We went through the pictures of the puppies that were posted on the website. Some of them were around 2500 bucks, but we found a couple between the $600 and $800 range. Some of the breeders had videos of the puppies too. My wife just chose a puppy then we got in touch with the breeder through Greenfield and the puppy was still available.

Greenfield kept in touch with us throughout the process and it was great customer service. I didn’t wanna drive all the way up to Pennsylvania, but I saw what Greenfield offered had good reviews on the transport issues and we had a local international airport close by. The rep who handled the transportation and flight was great too. We just talked to her and with the breeder. She kept in communication by email or phone if we had any questions and made the contact with the breeder about getting the paperwork done, the vet checks, and other stuff. Then after we got the puppy, Greenfield followed up. Ally, the puppy we got, has been a great addition to the family. She's in the chewing stage now, but besides that, everything is great. My wife’s a lot happier. Overall, it's been a great experience with Greenfield.

Greenfield Puppies Company Information

2000
Lancaster
PA
www.greenfieldpuppies.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business