Call toll free
Based on 111 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

Strasburg, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Greenfield Puppies was created to give future owners a safe and controlled way to find their new furry family member. For over ten years, Greenfield has set strict standards for our breeders so that each of our soon-to-be owners are guaranteed to welcome a happy, healthy pup into their home.

We understand that it is important to our families that their puppy arrives in good health, so each of our breeders undergoes a “Breeder Background Check” to ensure they are practicing healthy breeding in a safe environment. Furthermore, Greenfield Puppies prides ourselves in educating each of our breeders to verify they are informed on the healthiest breeding standards. Let us help complete your family with the perfect pup.

B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 1, 2018

451 Greenfield Puppies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We’ve never had a puppy and our kids are getting older and they wanted one. We decided that they were old enough to take on this responsibility. We were looking for a very specific breed because one of our children has allergies and we also have a large family. We’ve done all the research and found that F1 Beagle Doodles are a large part Poodle and they’re hypo-allergenic, they don’t shed and they’re not known for barking a lot. Also, they are good with kids and groups of people. We have seven kids and that’s why we chose this breed. We wanted one that was small so we wanted an F1B. We just like the way he looked. We found a lot of people that were breeding the puppies but it was really hard to find one that wasn’t ridiculously expensive and that would not make us wait. This led me to find Greenfield Puppies and I started making sure they weren’t a puppy mill type place.

Greenfield Puppies was very helpful when it came time to do everything we needed to do to have the puppy shipped here because we don’t live in Pennsylvania where the breeder was. Greenfield contacted me and made it pretty easy to ship him. They did a good job of keeping everything organized when they sent him. The puppy had a folder of his records and everything was filled out from the vet and the vet commented that they had everything looked very kept up to date and informative and that he had everything he needed. The puppy looked like he’s been taken care of and he didn’t look like he was in shock.

We took the puppy to the vet a couple of days after we got him and they said he looked really healthy. He’s curly and cute. There was so much chaos in the house to begin with but adding the puppy didn’t really make life any more chaotic. It was like having another baby in ways like he has always been really good. He slept, he didn’t whine and he has always just gone to his crate. He is a pretty mellow puppy. We got pretty lucky as he hasn’t haven’t really been too much of a disruption and the kids love him. Everything went pretty smoothly and I was very happy with it. I would recommend Greenfield to other people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

When we were choosing our puppy, I emailed Greenfield Puppies and then we were contacted by the breeder. It was super easy and we got a Bernedoodle. He is now six months old and he’s amazing, adorable and he’s a little love puppy. The guy that we worked with was amazing and we loved him. It was a fantastic experience and I would recommend Greenfield Puppies.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Terrible. I bought my Rottweiler from a so called Breeder through this company and my poor puppy has been sick since the day we got her. The vet just gave me paperwork saying she is unfit for sale and I will be following up to get reimbursed. She has a terrible virus and has been throwing up and diarrhea and we only had her a week. I will definitely be taking legal action and reporting this fraud of a company.

Greenfield Puppies response
Jennifer,

I am sorry to hear about your sick puppy. It is important that the breeder of this puppy be made aware of the situation with your pet, they are required to make compensation for your vet bills within the first 30 days per state law. Please message us back with the breeder information as well so we may assure they are in compliance with our guidelines. Thank you and we will wait to hear from you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My Golden Retriever suddenly passed away and the Lab that I have is almost 15 years old, so I decided that it's time for a new puppy. I fell in love with my neighbor's Golden Doodle. So I Googled and researched and I went to the Greenfield site and looked through all the Golden Doodles. I also spoke with two people just to get a vibe. But the last one I spoke with seems to really love his dogs. He even had a little video and there was something about him that made me want to go with him. I've heard that if you have two males or two females, they could fight, so I wanted a girl because my Lab is a boy.

My new puppy's name is Bella. She's beautiful and her color is more white than gold. She looks like a Momo, like the Poodle side, and she absolutely adores my Lab. The way they play and love each other brings a tear to my eye. She loves to play and he keeps up with her. I'm going through tough times now, but when I come home and they stop playing in and stuff, it brings a smile to my face throughout all that stress. I definitely would refer Greenfield to anybody who's looking for a dog. They have all different breeds and it's worth a mile. Talk to the breeder first and go with your gut who you feel would be the best fit for you and take it from there.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had the most amazing experience with Greenfield Puppies. They got me my dog, Nutmeg. Everything was handled by them and all I had to do was show up and get her. Nutmeg's perfect, and she's healthy and happy. She's a Jack Russell Terrier, and she's 20 weeks old today. I was looking specifically for a Jack Russell because mine had just died. And I saw her and I fell in love immediately and Greenfield Puppies walked me through the process of getting her and made it happen. They even got her to me a week early. I won't deal with anyone else ever again but Greenfield Puppies, and I'd tell my friends and family to go with them, too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Choosing a puppy through the internet was a little nerve-wracking but Greenfield had good reviews and seemed reputable so I felt good about them. I needed one as a birthday present for my seven-year-old. Greenfield had pictures available and although there weren't a whole lot of options available, I was still able to choose the gender and the color of the Havanese poodle mix that we got. I was also able to speak with the breeder who gave me assurance.

The puppy, which we named Rocky, was from Pennsylvania and I live in Mississippi. So we had to fly her to the local airport which is an hour away. At first, I wasn't sure if the dog was on the plane and there was no way to track her. They gave me a flight number and since it was after hours, they had limited staff and wasn't quite sure if the dog was going to be here until I actually saw her on the crate. But beyond that, it was relatively seamless. They made a somewhat difficult task relatively easy. I've got three kids and they all love Rocky. She's very cute, calm and great around children. For my son, it gives him some responsibility. What you see is what you get with Greenfield and I would tell a friend to go ahead at full speed with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was on Facebook and found a Pomsky. A few days later, I decided I needed a companion because I’m a widow. Then my grandson-in-law and I were talking about puppies and I asked him if he knew about Pomskies. I was told the price of Pomsky is normally at $2,000 to $7,000. I can't afford that but I started looking on the internet and I saw some that were way lower than that. The price at Greenfield Puppies was extremely lower and I checked to see if he’s still available. I called them and they said there were two other people ahead of me that looked at him but they decided they didn't want him. So I went ahead and got Wolfie. He is now almost 7 months old and I’m happier since I got him.

Greenfield Puppies was very helpful. Wolfie was back in Pennsylvania and I am in Utah and I didn't know how I was going to get him here. When I talked to the people about getting him here, I was told that they couldn't help me get him out here. I said I was going to have to go back to him, pick him up, and it was going to be a really rough time, and will cost me all kinds of money. I then talked to the breeder, and she asked me about things on where I had fixed up things and to get him here. She told me that Greenfield was supposed to help get him to me and she called them. Within five minutes, Greenfield called me and from there, everything went smoothly. They told me what to do and Wolfie was here within five days. I have a handicapped son and the puppy took to him so wonderfully. I was pleased with the way Greenfield worked and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Greenfield Puppies is a trusted site that I could go to and look. There were a lot of puppy scandal stuff on the news and we were nervous about using anybody online. But Greenfield was reputable and very professional. We had a good experience with them. We wanted a smaller dog and a poodle mix so that it wouldn't shed as much. So, we started researching different kinds and found the puppy that we wanted. We got our Westiepoo in October and named him Chuck Norris. He was a gift for my son since we lost a dog that year. Our life has changed since adding Chuck and another dog to the family.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Our purebred Husky died so we decided to get a new puppy. When I google searched for Goberian, only two breeders came up and one of those was Greenfield Puppies. I ended up going with them because their breeder was more affordable and I got a better deal with them. I agreed on the price with the breeder and the customer service at Greenfield was straightforward about the shipping. They got back to me with all the questions I had. My dog showed up at the airport on time in a comfortable crate with instruction, food and water. I named the puppy Savvy. She's a cross breed between a Siberian Husky and a Golden Retriever. She's a joy to us. I would recommend Greenfield Puppies to others. They seem to have a lot of options and a lot of breeders. Everybody is upfront with their services and animals that they have to offer. I got what I paid for. Everything was as advertised and I was satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Our other dog died and Greenfield had the dog that we wanted, a Rottweiler-Poodle mix. The process was relatively easy and we had a friend go and visit the puppy before we purchased him. But when we got him, he was flea-infested so we immediately took him to PetSmart. We have another dog in the house and we didn't want to bring him in with an infestation of fleas. Where did he get all those fleas though? We figured that the company handles many dogs but they would make sure that the dogs are in condition to travel. Also, the paperwork for the puppy was online and he had two different dates of birth so we picked the first one that we saw when it was online. Riley is less than a year old now and he's got a lot of energy. He is also very playful and smart so we’re happy with him.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We recently purchased a beautiful Golden Retriever puppy thru the Greenfield puppy website. I did a lot of investigating all the breeders. So many negative comments... I felt I needed to say our experience couldn't have been better. Our little baby Goldie is 9 weeks old. Took her to our vet. She confirmed we have a gorgeous... healthy golden retriever. We got our baby from J. ** in Gordonville, PA… We meet her momma who was a beauty. Sweetheart... We are so tempted to go back for a brother. We were sent home with a big bag of food... So hope this is helpful. Love our baby girl.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We had three dogs, two of which we got from Greenfield Puppies. We lost one and wanted to get a new one. We got Gracie which is a Shih Tzu and Bichon mix. She was 12 weeks old when we got her. She was up-to-date on everything and in excellent condition. Greenfield Puppies was right there when we had questions. They took care of all the shipping and they were very thorough in giving me detailed information so I knew what to expect. In the two times I’ve used them, I have had a lot of success. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I did an online research on puppies for my parents, and Greenfield Puppies came up on the Google Search. They made it very easy to get in touch with the breeder. I was looking for a particular breed of dog, but I was looking for something that would be manageable for older people, and it shouldn't have to shed. Plus, some of us in our family are allergic so to have a dog with my parents, it has to be hypoallergenic.

The puppy that we got was a Yorkshire terrier-poodle mix. He’s six months old and his name is Finn. I saw his pictures on the Greenfield Puppies website. They had two pictures of the puppy and he was named Colby at the time. I thought he was adorable so I ended up showing that picture to my parents off the website. I said, “If you guys are interested in a dog, here’s one that’s adorable.” I talked to them and I said, “Let’s see if he’s still available” because sometimes timing wise, it’ll show up but it might already be pending to someone. They had a video set up too where the breeders can upload a video, so I showed them that as well.

I called the breeder and the breeder called me back the next day to say that the puppy was available. I didn’t contact Greenfield Puppies directly until they ended up having to contact me because the breeder was in Pennsylvania and we’re in Massachusetts. My parents are older and I’m a school teacher, so I couldn’t drive down and get the puppy. We ended up using Greenfield Puppies services of flying the puppy. My parents were in route to go pick up the puppy, and there was an issue with the flight, and Greenfield Puppies immediately contacted me. Their rep emailed me and was like, “How is everything? Is everything okay?” But other than that, it was seamless. When I had questions, I got same day response.

My parents both love the dog and it's an additional responsibility to them since all their kids are grown-up and moved out. They laugh all the time at this dog and that’s the most important thing. The dog is as curious as they come and he is stubborn. He looks like, “You’re talking to me. I can do whatever I want.” Since we’ve had him, we’ve started with the trainer. The trainer goes to my parents' house and helps my parents teach him to sit and do all the commands. My mother is an overprotective parent and so, she is now the overprotected parent of a puppy. She was like “No. He’s so small. Leave him alone. Be careful.”

Everybody loves the dog and he’s a charmer so everybody asks where we got him. I always go, “Well, you have to go to Greenfield Puppies." It didn’t matter whether we were looking for a Yorkshire poodle or if somebody is looking for a husky. Greenfield Puppies definitely had a wide selection so I always recommended them because it was such a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Greenfield Puppies did everything perfectly. My mom wanted a Goldador, a mix of Golden Retriever and a Labrador, and they were the only one that has that kind of dog. They walked me right through the process and everything went just like they said it would. It was super easy. The dog was in perfect condition when we got him, no medical issues whatsoever and he was happy. He's now four months old, very large, about 70 pounds, and still, has no medical condition. He's made two older people a lot younger. I would recommend anyone to go to Greenfield Puppies if they want to get a puppy.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had kids who wanted a puppy so I searched the particular breed that we wanted online and Greenfield Puppies had a lot of options on their website. Navigation and the process of getting the puppy was super easy. We got a Cavapoo and she arrived in good health. She's about five months old now and everyone loves her. She's happy with us and she's a good part of our family now. We had people asking about Greenfield Puppies and we referred them. It was a good experience and we'll do it again if we are in the market.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My son had been wanting to get a puppy for years and Greenfield Puppies had the one we wanted, a Pomsky. We got Soto when he was 12 weeks old. The entire process was fairly easy. On the other hand, we were going to fly up and get the puppy, but the breeders didn’t have cars and internet so, that was a bit of a challenge. It was very hard to correspond like we were used to and it slowed things down a little. In addition, we were extremely unhappy that Soto was infested with fleas and worms. He was supposed to be caught up on all shots and all treatments, and they sent paperwork stating as much but it was completely misrepresented. It was not what I would consider a legitimate veterinary clinic that was doing any of that work.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

We got a female Doberman through Greenfield Puppies. We found the breeder on the internet through Greenfield. My husband called the breeder, stud to him, and then we just pulled the trigger and they shipped her in a cage to the airport. It just could not have been any easier or better. She was about 12 weeks old when we got her and she was in great health. She’s a princess.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We were replacing one of our dogs that had died. We found Greenfield Puppies on the internet and we were very interested in a dog that was on their listing. It was where we found Codiac. He's a gray Newfoundland and was 10 weeks then. Once we determined that was the dog that we wanted, Greenfield Puppies contacted us right away and told us what they were going to do. The follow up was pretty fast. Everything they said they would do, they did.

One thing that I found incredible was that they actually sent us the login information so we could track the puppy from the time he was picked up at the breeder until he was delivered at the airport in Denver. That was such a relief to know at any point in time we knew exactly where he was. That was really cool and gave me a peace of mind. We couldn't have been happier with their service. Codiac is five months old now and still a little pet dog. He came into our little family and blended right in. He's completely accepted by the two other dogs now. He turned our little household upside down which is what we expected.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was online for a few years looking at puppies and I came across Greenfield Puppies. They had a dog that looked like the one I used to have so I wanted her. I've gotten two puppies through Greenfield, Stella that I got in December two years ago and Kelly that I got this past August. I had the same breeder so they share the same mother. Choosing the puppy was fairly simple. I just put in what I wanted which was a Cocker Spaniel and they came up. I didn't put in an area the first time but I found Stella and she came from Narvon, Pennsylvania. So the second time around, I put "Cocker Spaniel from Pennsylvania" and I came up with another litter from Narvon and I clicked on it.

Greenfield followed up right away and they keep in contact with me. It only took a couple of weeks to get each one of the puppies. They kept me abreast of the status when the puppy will be shipped and they also followed up to see how the puppy was doing. It was a great experience. I was very pleased and others should use it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

It has been a long time since we had a dog in the house. We were surfing the web and found a particular dog that caught our eye. Her one photo on the Greenfield website was beautiful. But that was all we were given and the name and contact number for the breeder. Greenfield is strictly just an advertising middleman to get a client in touch with the breeder. But their photography and their website presentation are pretty professional compared to a lot of other breeders on the web.

I'm in Florida and Greenfield is in Pennsylvania where a lot of their dogs happen to come from, Amish country. I've been doing months of dog research on different breeds and this was not my first rodeo buying a dog. As a consumer, I had so many questions and most people don't make $1,000 purchase off one photo. But when you call these Amish breeders, they don't have a cellphone, don't have a computer and don't have internet. They definitely don't have the capability of taking extra photos or sending you a video. They know nothing about the mother and the father too.

I couldn't buy a dog for $1,000 and have her shipped across the US with absolutely no information. But we were told that there was a couple picking up the dog's litter mate and they were nice enough to take a ton of videos and photo footage including that of the dog's mother and father. They took pictures of the surroundings too. If it wasn't for that couple providing that help to us, I would have never gotten our new puppy, Lizzie. She's a Cocker Spaniel and she's about six months old.

Everything Greenfield did as far as the shipping of her was a wonderful and seamless experience. But they might want to consider bridging the gap a little bit between some of these breeders that don't use technology. We didn't know about her health and whenever you research a dog, typically the breeder has information of the wazoo about bloodlines, the mothers and the fathers, and illnesses. Also, there would be multiple photographs and videos. In my case, it was like I took a deep breath and just hoped for the best.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

It was time for us to get a new puppy. My husband found our puppy online and she's a working dog that's a half Labrador and half Bernese Mountain dog, and she’s adorable. We have purebred Labs, but purebreds seem to have so many issues that we thought we would try this one, besides another purebred. During the whole process, the guy whom we bought the puppy from helped me. He works for another company and we found our puppy through their website. All of my arrangements to get her was through them and Greenfield was just my shipper. It was a fine, easy and fantastic experience. The puppy is fun, hyper and crazy. She bites everyone but it's playful biting most of the time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We've had to recently move and my husband promised the kids they can each get a puppy. We looked around the new area that we live in but we couldn't find what we were looking for. So, we started looking online and the kids found a puppy they liked through Greenfield Puppies. I contacted the breeder and they said it was available. We got Rottweiler that's very mellow and fun and a Golden Retriever Lab mix that’s very hyper and also fun. Our family expanded, and it's been a little hectic but that's okay. It's fun. My whole experience with Greenfield Puppies was excellent including the follow-ups. They did everything perfectly and I didn't have any questions. I've told my friends about the whole process we went through and I've been recommending Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A friend of mine told me about Greenfield Puppies and I searched there for the breed that I was looking for, a Cavapoo. My wife fell in love with one of the pictures on the website, and that was it. We got the puppy in August and shipping was a seamless process. My kids were at camp during the summer, and I wanted the puppy to arrive before the kids came, both to have the puppy adjust a little bit to the house and to be a surprise for the kids. The Greenfield rep, Tamara, was extremely helpful in helping me figure everything. The puppy was about eight weeks old when we got him, and he's currently five months old. It's like another child without the crazy.

The only thing that would be improved is the mode of payment. Most of the breeders in Pennsylvania are Amish, so the way to pay is to get a certified check and mail it. Then, you have to wait until the check clears up in the breeder's account. Or you go to the bank, you buy a cashier's check , and you FedEx it, or you send it by mail. Once you buy a cashier's check and mail it, you're just blind faith. A credit card would have been better. Greenfield Puppies is only doing the liaison between the breeder and us and taking care of the shipping. But maybe they could help by saying, "Okay, you know what? I'm going to take your credit card, I'm going to charge you a fee, and pay the breeder." In that way you're sure if something goes wrong, you're somewhat protected.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I got two South African Mastiffs from Greenfield Puppies. We've been looking at different breeders and those two puppies caught our attention. Greenfield Puppies assisted in the transfer process by maintaining constant communication between them, us and the breeder via email or phone. Email was a lot easier for me since I don't have to wait for long phone conversations. They also made the transition process easy by managing airlines and payments. The puppies are a hot mess, but they're fine. They're beautiful and huge. I miss the puppy stage. When I got them, they were 30-something pounds. Now, they're about 70 pounds.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I paid 2 g for a sick puppy, documented vet records showing my dog had a parasite called Giardia. I contacted the breeder and gave him ample chances to be honest with me and he chose not to be and instead played dumb even after I expressed I didn’t want anything from him but honesty so my dog could get the proper treatment and not be over medicated. Unsuccessful, so I let Greenfield know because I don’t want this guy selling sick dogs for top dollar or any price and they couldn’t even respond. My dog is still testing positive and I have paid over 500 in treatments and bills but my concern is my animal not cash and I don’t want anything but to be acknowledged and to not allow unreputable people to sell sick animals...

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This was the worst experience trying to find a puppy through Greenfield puppies.com! Every single breeder that returned my phone call was that of a puppy mill. When I asked if one puppy was house trained, they had to admit that they were kept outside in kennels! They were very hesitant on telling me that! Another admitted that they left the dogs outside 24/7 in a barn! I am utterly disgusted! The site claims that they do background checks and weed out puppy mills, however it was very easy for me to find out that these breeders were not reputable, cruel, and as most would say puppy mills!

If they truly have ANY standards they are not even close to standards that weed out puppy mills OR ANIMAL CRUELTY! I even contacted Humane Societies and shelters in the areas to research the breeders. They were puppy mills! And the dogs were treated terribly! If you choose to give your money to these breeders, you are only enabling them to continue this torturous and inhumane cycle! And SHAME ON THIS WEBSITE for not having higher standards IF they truly even do have ANY standards to begin with!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I got an African Boerboel, a type of Mastiff, from Greenfield Puppies five months ago and he's six months old now. He's an awesome dog and the best dog I've ever had. I've wanted one of those puppies for a long time and Greenfield had a really good price on them. Greenfield did pretty well and, all in all, I had a good experience with them. The only thing that the breeders need to improve on is taking pictures of the parents. The breeders get very good pictures of the puppies, but they should include pictures of the parents as well.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was looking for a particular breed but I had been unable to find that locally. Greenfield was in connection with the breeder and I was able to get the puppy that I wanted. I got a Beaglier and she's about five months old. They shipped her out cross-country and the process went pretty well. They were immediate in their contact with me via email if I had a question.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It was my first time to have a puppy shipped and it was easy with Greenfield Puppies. We’ve been looking for a while since I wanted a Lab. The breeder recommended this company and it was a very pleasant experience with them. They kept me informed and I was able to check the status of the puppy in the flight. My new yellow Lab is four and a half months old. I would recommend Greenfield Puppies.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My 15-year-old daughter has wanted a puppy for quite a while and we searched other sites and some of the puppies were unavailable. She picked one she liked from the Greenfield Puppies website and then I contacted the owner who said the puppy was available. The woman who runs the shipping was very helpful and very enthusiastic. We made the payment via PayPal and then everything was done very smoothly. They gave me a call and arranged for the shipping and handling the next day and then we got the puppy at the airport. It’s a Bichon Frise puppy. It was an excellent experience and we were very happy about it, and now it’s a lot of fun.

Greenfield Puppies Company Information

2000
Lancaster
PA
www.greenfieldpuppies.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use