toll free

Strasburg, PA
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have two senior dogs, a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old, and I know that I'll probably lose them soon. I wanted to have a younger dog because I probably wouldn't go get another dog if something happened to my senior dogs, so I thought I'd get one before that happened. I was looking for a certain breed of dog and through the breeder, we heard about Greenfield Puppies. The breeder was Amish and didn't have internet, but he had a friend who hooked him up with them.

My new puppy is a beautiful, big, and healthy Swiss mountain dog. He's a good dog. He was 10 weeks when I got him and he's about 14 weeks now. I showed up at the airport with a small crate, and the man who brought him rolled him out in this crate that barely fit the back of my truck. It's so funny because he's so big that he looks like a full-grown dog with his size, but he's just a puppy, all legs and tongue.

Having my new puppy has taught me a lot because I have disabilities and I have had health issues, and it's given me hope and something to look forward to. So, I'm trying to train this dog and possibly take service dog classes. It's very exciting for me to have a fresh start, especially after taking care of two senior dogs for a couple of years now. It was my first time to get a puppy from Greenfield, but I would recommend them. I have told other people that I had a smooth transaction with them. I never had to worry. It was just perfect and the best part couldn't be any better.

We used to have a dog but had been stolen so we needed to get a new one. We haven’t found one that looked exactly liked our old one. Then I happened to find the Greenfield Puppies website and I read the reviews and most of the reviews were good. I saw that there was a lot of puppies that found a home, so I found it to be legit. I decided to call one of the owners that had the puppy that I wanted. He was very nice and kept in touch with me until I was ready to purchase the puppy and we went on from there.

The Greenfield people were very nice and polite and they kept in touch with me, like when they came to ship in the dog to me. The prices were very affordable. I actually did recommend them to two people, ‘cause I get a lot of people asking me where I get my puppy from. Our lives changed tremendously with our new dog and my kids are in love with him. We made sure we went through all the measure that we did with the first dog we had. We got him a dog tag and a collar and everything with the phone number and address because anything can happen.

We bought a couple of puppies through Greenfield Puppies a couple of years ago and we just went back to them. My kids went through their website, found a bunch of different puppies and from there we decided to get a male Shorkie. That was their number one choice. I procrastinated for awhile, ended up calling them, he was available so we ended up getting him. Everything went very smoothly. Their reps did their part on following up emails and they also did a courtesy call afterwards to see how the puppy was doing and they were very good about it. They really seem like they cared. Life has been great since having Shorkie.

We have a small farm and we were having a lot of varmint trouble getting our chickens. We have little dogs in the house but we wanted a big dog to mark up the territory. My husband went online looking for a mix and we found Greenfield Puppies. They set up all the flight to get him here and everything worked out great. We talked to the breeders and they were helpful, too. We had a good experience and I didn’t think it was all that expensive. The puppy's getting huge and he's training up well. He had two urinary tract infections which made housebreaking really fun but hoping we've passed that.

We purchased a Lab/German Shepherd mix from a breeder on Greenfield Puppies. The first night, which was a Saturday, I found worms in her feces. I took her to the vet Monday only to find out, not only does she have worms but coccidiosis. We are treating her for the coccidiosis but have to wait a week until we can worm her again because of the "vet record" that came with her. We have another dog in perfect health and bringing into our home has put my other dogs health at risk. It infuriates me to know a "breeder" could pass off unhealthy puppies. Furthermore, it breaks my heart to know her siblings are more than likely suffering from these same problems and not being treated. The coccidiosis, if left untreated can be deadly. The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing my little girl is out of those inhumane conditions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greenfield Puppies?

We wanted a new dog and decided to get one. I looked around on the internet and came across Greenfield Puppies. I was looking for a certain kind of colored / patterned dog. Originally I was looking at a Doberman-Husky but I came across the black Lab-Husky that had a similar color pattern of black, brown, and white, and I happened to see this puppy on Greenfield's website. I chose the puppy myself using the "Lab Mix" option on their site. Greenfield set everything up. I had a windowed pickup date, and then they emailed me with the exact day and billed me online through email. It was pretty simple, and it's great having our new Lab-Husky mix around.

It was a great experience with Greenfield Puppies. The customer service was wonderful. Everything turned out right on time, and the process was very well explained and detailed. I would recommend them to other people.

My kids were trying to have a puppy, so I did some research and Greenfield Puppies had very good reviews. Our new puppy is a Cavachon that's 17 weeks old, and we are so in love with him. He's awesome. I made a call, spoke with the breeder and made the payment, and he sent the puppy to us very fast. It was a great experience. I referred Greenfield Puppies to other people, they bought their puppy there, and they are happy too.

Our puppy had passed away and we needed a new dog. We're very specific about the breed that we wanted. Greenfield was very responsive, informative and diligent, which I appreciated. The puppy came from Pennsylvania and we live in California, and we needed him to get out here. Greenfield was very helpful with that process which was really easy. He's a great addition to the family and we're very happy.

We had been without a dog for a while and we have three kids. When we're ready to get a dog, we went to Greenfield Puppies' website and it's really easy to find one through their search options. As soon as I emailed them about shipping, we corresponded back and forth. The rep was very prompt and answered my questions. The dog was in Pennsylvania and I'd never bought a pet online before. The breeder went out of her way to make sure that we picked the right dog for us. We got a Boston Terrier, half King Charles Cavalier. The shipper communicated with us and made sure that we knew that the dog would be safe and get to us safely. It's like we have a new baby at first - up in the middle of the night for the first two nights, but she's adapted well and fitting right in. Overall, we were very pleased with the whole process.

We had a very positive experience with our purchase of our Lhasa Poo puppy through Greenfield Puppy. The website was easy to navigate and gave plenty of breeds to choose from. Our contact with the breeder was excellent. All shots were up to date and our little buddy was later checked by our local vet, with a very positive health report. Our puppy has been a bundle of joy since we brought him home.

We had a dog that we had to put down when he was just about a year and a half. We figured it was a good time for a new puppy, so we went online and googled the type of dogs that we wanted. We looked at some breeders, and Greenfield Puppies had dogs that were ready to go. My kids fell in love with their pictures, and we went from there. Their cost was better than others and they got great reviews, so we said, "Okay. Let's do it." Greenfield was really good. We had the dog shipped through them, and they were really responsive in terms of giving us the information on when she would come, and everything went according to plan. Our new Cavapoo is really friendly and lovable. She's about 12 weeks now, and she likes people. We had a good experience, and I would recommend them if there was anyone in the market for a new puppy.

It was really nice and completely fantastic working with Greenfield Puppies. I did a lot of my research on them online and made phone calls. They were topnotch in the way they run things. They're also very prompt to get back with me and thorough in making follow-ups. I got the exact dog that I wanted. I'm in Texas and there weren't any direct flights so she was flying from Pennsylvania to Houston, then to Dallas. She had a layover in Houston but she flew in to DFW and her travel went well. I had her flight itinerary several days before she flew and they geared it around my work schedule. It had to be no sooner than 5:00 that she would land because I had to make arrangements to be there to pick her up and they did all that, which I appreciated.

I wanted a puppy for a while then my mother-in-law decided that she would get one for me for my birthday. We weren't able to find through breeders what we wanted. In Greenfield, we found all different breeds of dogs. We talked to a couple of different breeders and they were all great. Miriam was very kind so we just decided to go through them. I got a Cocka-Poo and her name is Emmy. She was born the first part of June. She's been great. Everything including traveling went very well through Greenfield.

I have a Border Collie. She needed a playmate and she's a little socially awkward so a puppy would get her to be more social. My girlfriend wanted a Siberian Husky. Her friend is a zoologist and told her that mixed breeds are more healthy. So she looked at mixed Siberian Huskies and saw one at the Greenfield Puppies website. The dog had two different color eyes and she's really cute. She's a half Siberian Husky and half English Shepherd. I checked the temperament and the English Shepherd side is similar to a Border Collie, and then the Huskies are vocal about everything.

Then Greenfield connected us with the breeder. After that, they set up all the travel arrangements. The puppy came on time, was in a crate, had food and water, and there were no hiccups. It took about two minutes to pick her up from the terminal. Her name's Circus. She's about 15 weeks now and weighs 30 pounds. Now my life's definitely more active as I'm up every day at 6:30 in the morning 'cause she wants to eat. It was really quite an experience and a stress-free one.

I've been wanting to have a puppy for a long time. I went through research on Google and found out about Greenfield Puppies. I looked at their puppy's pictures, descriptions, prices, and location. Then they helped me communicate with the breeder and set up the shipping of the puppy to me. It's been great and fun since we had him. He's a Golden Retriever and three months old now.

Dog is adorable. Teacup Yorkie, however he was covered in fleas and now just saw he has worms. Heading out to get Otc dewormer at midnight for him. Questioning the validity of his shot record that was provided... and more.

I miss my little dog so I wanted another one. I searched online and the dog I wanted was part of Greenfield Puppies' program. Appearance was the first thing for me. Then I got in touch with the breeder and had a lot of questions about her temperament. The breeder didn't know a lot about the process of sending the dog out-of-state and Greenfield coordinated the pick-up and the drop-off of the puppy. I got a little Chihuahua and she was about eight weeks when we got here. She didn't look traumatized and looked well taken care of. I didn't realize that Greenfield Puppies was out there. I know a lot of family and friends that had gotten dogs locally or through the internet. I wish I would have known about Greenfield sooner so they would have been a consideration for them. Overall, we had a very good experience. Now, having the puppy is a handful but she's very sweet and it made the household more interesting. It's livened things up a bit for us.

Factual basis uncertain

Mr. Franek,

We contacted your wife last evening and spoke with her about your experience with the breeder you visited. Her response to me was very different than the one that you are posting here as she made me aware that the conditions at the breeders location were very clean and all the animals seem to be very well cared for. It saddens me to hear you calling breeder that has his puppies socialized and take proper care of his breeding dogs a puppy mill. We do not condone puppy mills sir, but I believe your definition of what a puppy mill is would be different than a definition of the general public. Our definition of a puppy mill is a breeding operation in which the health and welfare of the dogs is of no concern to the breeder compared to their profits. These conditions would be deplorable, filthy, and generally unhealthy for all the animals involved. What your wife Mrs. Franek described to me was a home and a environment that was very clean. Her only concern was whether or not the were family pets as opposed to breeding dogs. Your review of this dog breeder is unfair and unwarranted as he is operating within state law. Is there some other issue that you experience while you were there that you would like to make us aware of where we should look into as a company? If so please respond and we will be happy to do so. Although we are concerned by feedback like this, we do appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

We visited a so-called breeder in Lykens PA for a Labrador puppy. Every single aspect of the breeder, his property, the conditions under which the pups and their parents were kept (constrained) screamed "puppy mill". My wife began to cry when we left. Studying their site offerings, you can see that almost all listings are created in the same way. The ones that have a video of pups playing will show just the bottom half view of the breeders. Only two that I found on the whole site are outside of PA, both named Yoder. This site should be investigated as promoting puppy mills in PA.

We have one dog but we like having more than one. My husband wanted to get a dog that we would eventually train to be a comfort dog to take to hospitals or nursing homes. He had a good experience when he was at his mother's nursing home with seeing that comfort dog and what it did for the residents. My husband was looking online initially for a Golden Retriever but they were terribly expensive. Then he saw and read about mixed breeds. We've had a Lab years ago so we know that we like their temperament, that they're generally very friendly. They're the number one dog of the United States that people have for pets. Then he saw the puppy's picture online and fell in love with her. She's half Golden Retriever and half Lab. My husband talked to Greenfield Puppies on the phone a couple of times and they were able to contact us with the flight that would bring her in to Arizona from Pennsylvania. They were really helpful.

The poor thing was in the kennel for a long time and she needed a bath right away but she seemed okay. She was a little nervous at first, after being taken away then a long flight and then seeing strange people and surroundings but she has adjusted well. She did quickly because we got three sons and two of them are still at home. It hasn't been lacking for attention in any way. She's three and a half months old now, and she's going to be a big dog. She's beautiful, the easiest dog we've ever had to housebreak, and well-behaved. She's learning some basic commands like sit and down. She sleeps through the night in her kennel and only chewed up one rug. Our boys have some disabilities and like to sleep in the afternoon but now it's great that they can't do that because they have something else to do during the day, which is to take care of the dog. We're in the process of teaching her to walk on a leash. We’re all happy.

My daughter was looking for a puppy and she's been asking to get one. She did all the research and then started following some puppies on the internet, and that's how we came to know about the Greenfield Puppies site. My daughter wanted a breed that is not only good looking but also intelligent. Labradors are supposedly intelligent and golden retrievers are supposedly good-looking. So she wanted a cross of both.

Greenfield Puppies put a character picture on the right web page and a couple of photos. They were very close to the reality, like the "That Is My Puppy" contest. They put a decent picture and some very basic information that says very clearly who the puppy's father and mother are, and other things. I've heard of bad things but my experience with Greenfield Puppies has been awesome. They immediately responded to my call and then the shipping process started and they kept me informed of the process. Everything went smoothly.

Right now, the puppy is three and a half month old. It is a foster dog and we are trying to get it out to immunization. We are still getting used to having a puppy, but it's been wonderful because we are liking it. My kids are enjoying the experience and that's important to me. I'm very happy and I'll definitely recommend Greenfield Puppies.

I went online and was looking for a specific dog breed. Greenfield Puppies came up and I liked their site. I looked at pictures that they had on the website, and there was only 10 - 12 left. The dogs get snapped up pretty fast. Greenfield assisted me and was great. They told us everything that we needed to do. We contacted the breeder and we went to the breeder and paid him. Once he got our check, Greenfield took over and arranged the transportation. And that went well. The Greenfield reps were very attentive, answered all my questions, and were on the internet immediately if I had a question. They're very professional and it seemed like a very smooth process.

I was really nervous about the puppy flying cross-country ‘cause they’re in Pennsylvania and we’re living in the state of Washington. He was all covered in pee but that was fine. He’s a Miniature Bernese Mountain Dog Poodle Mix. He was very happy to see us. I held him, hugged him and we took him home. He’s brought a lot of life and happiness into our house.

I love Greenfield Puppies! They did a fantastic job putting us at the top of the list. They were kind, considerate, and they called back a number of times making sure that all was well. I talked with the head of Greenfield Puppies who was open, available, and willing to help. They were nothing but communicative and helpful. We got a Cockapoo from Pennsylvania, although there was some confusion at SFO about where the dog was supposed to be picked up. I know my husband went to the right place, but they were confused at their end, but it was a quick fix with a little bit of extra communication.

We absolutely love our 17 week-old dog. My children are incredibly happy when we're physically active as a family. The puppy goes to work with my husband and he is happy. He has got a friend at work. It's just been a really wonderful transition for our family. I didn't think it could be this good, but it is. So I'm very grateful. Greenfield Puppies was fantastic.

Greenfield Puppies

Mrs. Park, we are very sorry to hear that your experience with one of the breeders listed on our site may not have been a positive one. I see that you did give us the full breeder name, but I also need the name and breed of the puppy so I can look into the situation further. The standard is to dewormer puppy three times by eight weeks old and we expect our readers to follow that. If you received a puppy that was not up-to-date on dewormer, then the breeder offers a health guarantee that would cover the treatment of something like this. That being said, I would feel the same way you do having children and buying a puppy that passed worms. I would also like to ask you some information about other paperwork you received with the puppy to make sure that was all in line with our standards. I will await your response, thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

We bought a puppy through one of the breeders on Greenfield. We trusted that the breeder was screened. We brought home the puppy and found out that he was full of worms. He is pooping out worms and I have young children. This is not just false advertisement, this is hazardous to public health. Roundworms can cause blindness in children! Please don't buy from Crist ** (Amish) in particular. I'm sorry I am Christian and always liked the Amish but they should be allowed to breed dogs.

We lost one of our dogs and I didn’t find any puppies to adopt that were a younger age. I Googled Australian Cattle Dogs and the PuppyFind website led me to Greenfield. I contacted the number on the site and they helped ship the puppy out. The transportation was perfect. Though the wait was long, everything went really well with Greenfield Puppies.

My daughter and I were looking for a small non-shedding dog. Our previous dog was a dog from a breeder and we wanted to adopt at the time but it didn't work out. My daughter wanted a new puppy, searched the web and came across the puppy that we found. Her name is Channing, and she's a three-month old Cavapoo. Greenfield Puppies was very easy to work with, assisted in shipping, and answering my questions. Everything was great, I'd recommend them.

Our experience with Greenfield Puppies was excellent. We lost our other pets and got a Bichon from them. There were photographs on the Greenfield Puppies website where we saw her, and they were very helpful in processing our order for the dog. They also sent along papers so that we know when she was born and what shots she's had.

Our one puppy was getting old and sick, so we decided to get another one so he could train him before he passed. We googled the brand of puppy we wanted and came across Greenfield. Greenfield Puppies helped me get the puppy here. They helped me find all the information I needed to get it across the border. Transportation went really well. The dog had two plane rides with delays in between, and when he got here he had no pee or poop in his kennel and he wasn’t stressed. He was very super happy so we were very pleased. Greenfield Puppies was great.

Our old dog that passed away was a German Shepherd, so we knew we wanted a good mix. We picked a mix of German Shepherd and ended up getting a little of that. My new puppy is half German Shepherd, half Collie, will be a large breed, around 70 to 75 pounds, and he's already showing big paws. So, we like that Greenfield was pretty flexible, and worked really well for us so far. Getting a puppy was really simple, and very easy - we can pretty much get whatever dog we wanted as we know they were there and did everything. Greenfield is very good - they got a hold of me right away.

We researched many different websites and independent breeders before choosing Thelma Blank in Bird-In-Hand, PA who is advertised on the Greenfield Puppies website. We adopted a Shih Tzu puppy we named Cookie, and we were very pleased with Thelma's care and concern for her puppies. She fully guarantees her puppies and when we had to visit our vet for a common ailment in puppies, she reimbursed us for our costs. Thelma also contacted me several times to check on Cookie. I would not hesitate to recommend Thelma to others who are looking for a puppy, and I would most certainly adopt from her again. Thank you, Thelma!

Greenfield Puppies Company Profile