Get Pricing

4.2/5 (759 ratings)

About ASPCA Pet Health Insurance

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance helps with costly and unexpected pet illnesses and injuries, which gives you the comfort of knowing you can give your pets the care they need when they need it without the burden of a large vet bill hanging over your head. The process is simple and convenient and your reimbursement can cover up to 90% of your covered bill.

Pros

• Exam fees included
  • No age restrictions
  • No networks

Cons

• Preventative care costs extra

Bottom Line

ASPCA Pet Insurance provides injury and illness coverage for animals. While preventative care coverage cost extra, the insurance offers comprehensive coverage options and a simple, quick claim process.

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASPCA Pet Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASPCA Pet Health Insurance?

Original review: June 5, 2020

When I picked ASPCA I had called around to many other pet insurance companies and, at the time, ASPCA offered the most coverage at the lowest price of $88/mo. My policy is about to be renewed so they sent me the changes to the prices in one year... $142/mo. That is a 61% increase in just one year. When I called a customer service representative asking them for support for how they determined the price increase she said she'd get back to me in a few days and I still haven't heard back a month later.

I e-mailed their customer service e-mail and received a different explanation as to why the rates were increasing so much. Not that this impacts the pricing, but I have not filed one claim with them thus far. I'd beware of this company. A 61% increase in one year is uncalled for and if it is "warranted" the company should do a much better job of explaining it to avoid losing customers. I'll be searching elsewhere.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have never had a problem, They were always there when my Taco boy was sick and and then passed away. I can not thank they enough. They even called me after Taco passed away to see if I needed anything and how sorry they were which I really appreciated. They have been great for my two chihuahua girls also.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am pleased with this product and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I had to make several claims for my french bulldog and it was easy to submit the claims and the process was simple and it is a good product.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The claims have taken much longer to process since last year. I had always been impressed with the timeliness in receiving my reimbursements. These new issues were existing prior to the Covid 19. Basically since my renewal last year there seems be delays. I have always recommended your company to others in the past. Do not know what has happened but these are our feelings today. Hope you return to the prior processing time.

Sincerely,

MIchael **

Original review: May 11, 2020

Mailed in a few claims at the same time because I wasn't able to scan them in. Got an email from ASPCA when the claims were received and other emails when they were processed. Processing was timely and I received the payment checks shortly thereafter. I was satisfied with the service and how the claims were handled.

Original review: May 11, 2020

ASPCA is straight up the best animal pet insurance company that I have had for my dog. I took out the more pricey insurance because our dog is older, but claims are processed in a timely manner and overall has given me the peace of mind that my dog will get the best care with this insurance.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Yes I would highly recommend ASPCA insurance to everyone who has a pet or pets. Your people are very helpful & knowledgeable on the phone for questions that I have had in the past. Claims are usually done quickly. I use direct deposit and then a hard copy of the claim is mailed to me. This way I’m aware of what was paid.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I am so grateful for the marketing email from ASPCA PET INSURANCE. Never had considered pet insurance before. Our 1 1/2 year Shih Tzu is a rascal who is is maturing into a fine adult. Her puppy hood was full of Dr visits which were covered by 80% reimbursement. I'll give her another year and reassess the need for insurance but a modest premium is certainly a great value for the mitigating the risk of another office visit.

Original review: May 10, 2020

They have an easy to use website, most reasonable premiums, pay their claims on a timely basis, and have shown incredible compassion when I have lost a pet. I have been a customer for about 7 years and would never consider using another company. I will be a customer for life.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Amazing pet insurance. Great customer service. Made my pets major surgery stress free not having to carry the full burden of cost. We worked with them to obtain pre-authorization which made the refund process seem less. Highly recommend to any pet owner.

Original review: May 10, 2020

ASPCA, was very good on handling my claim and were quick and very nice. Insurance very good. Does what they say, sometimes other company's try to get out of paying. Just collected the information to see that I qualified. Thank you for your excellent customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Professional courtesy. I got a call from an agent asking if everything is okay because I have some checks I have not deposited yet, I explained to her it's because my bank has been closed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, and the state lockdown. I like that professional courtesy.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Wow - what an insurance company. I would highly recommend you insure your pets with them. They have covered my pet in a very fair manner. Their payments are fast and efficient. Their insurance rates are reasonable. They truly care for your pets and want to help you out in your time of need.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Our dog ruptured both of her ACLs, which resulted in the need of bilateral TPLO surgery and a VERY hefty vet bill. Add some post op complications and a trip to the ER and I'm not sure where we'd be without this insurance. ASPCA insurance is so easy to work with! Claims are a piece of cake and reimbursement was prompt. Best part, post op care and therapy is covered!

Original review: May 9, 2020

So far so great, they paid for our dogs' shots with the extra coverage I bought and now have a claim in for a unforeseen health issue with one of the dogs. I'm really impressed right now and would recommended the insurance and getting the extra package to cover shots.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I have been very pleased with the coverage, ease of filing, and timely response. When I’ve had to call customer service every agent has been kind, professional, supportive, and helpful. I’m so glad after reviewing all the companies that I chose this one.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I have only recently signed up for this insurance, but so far I am very happy with it. It is easy to submit claims, and the fact that the reimbursement goes directly to my bank account means that I don't have to make a trip to the bank to deposit a check.

Original review: May 9, 2020

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gave us a lot of peace of mind after a very traumatic accident with our Dog Gatsby. The claims process was easy without complication. Thank you for being efficient, communicating with multiple vet offices, and promptly issuing the reimbursement. We are very happy and appreciative.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am Very happy with my pet insurance!! All claims are refunded in a fair and timely manner!! I have no complaints whatsoever!! Customer Service is amazing!! I always recommend pet insurance to my friends with pets or friends getting a new pet!

Original review: May 9, 2020

It’s very easy to submit claims. Claims are handled in a reasonable amount of time. There is a wide range of coverage at a very reasonable price. Pet insurance allows owners to provide the best care for our pets without having to be concerned about cost of services.

Original review: May 9, 2020

The was easiest way to manage insurance for my dog. Why can’t regular human health insurance be this simple. All I have to do Download the app and take a picture of my invoices with the phone and submit.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Claims are covered as stated in the policy. No hidden exceptions. Quick processing and payments. Easy to submit claims right from your phone. Excellent coverage and easy to work with...I wish human health insurance was as easy deal with. Premiums are very reasonable.

Original review: May 9, 2020

It did take a few weeks to get approved for my dog's claim. But all in all, it went well. Customer service is always nice. It was easy to submit I claim, it just took kind of long. Also the plans are decently priced and easy to understand.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am happy with the claim processing. It was fast and directly deposited into my account. Don’t understand why they did not reimburse the full amount allowed for the items requested that are covered under the general maintenance extra care.

Original review: May 9, 2020

This insurance company is great. It’s already stressful taking your dog to the vet, however ASPCA puts my mind at ease. I don’t care how much money I spend cause I know I’ll be reimbursed. I have always been reimbursed in a timely manner and through direct deposit. I’ve already recommended ASPCA to a friend. Great insurance.

Original review: May 9, 2020

ASPCA's pet health insurance has been a great deal for us. I purchased it for our remaining cat after one of our two cats died of pancreatic cancer last summer. Several months later the remaining cat became sick with feline lymphoma and we unfortunately had to make many visits to the vet for treatment, testing, etc. The insurance reimbursements saved us a lot of money in vet bills, as well as giving us peace of mind, and was very easy to use. Generally payments were made within a few weeks of submitting a claim, and all of our claims were easily managed from the web interface. It allowed us to spend a few extra months with our beloved cat, and after we had to put her to sleep, they even called to express their condolences. I highly recommend ASPCA pet health insurance and if/when we get more cats in the future, we will definitely be using them again.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I’ve never run into any issues with my pet insurance plan. I’m aware of the items my plan covers and they are always very prompt and accurate with the resolution. Very happy with ASPCA and would definitely recommend to other animal parents.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Extremely pleased with coverage. This has been a difficult year, as I lost Dixie to colon cancer 2/28/2020. However, I was able to give her every opportunity humanly possible to make a recovery due to the fact I had insurance. For a couple of years, I simply paid the premiums but never used it. Like with all insurance seems a waste of money, till you need.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My dog and I enjoyed many years of good care. I recommended ASPCA to many friends and family. They were always friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. My Vet even knew about them and recommended them highly. Even the claim process went smoothly. The reimbursements were done in a timely manner and were always correct.

Original review: March 12, 2020

We are pleased with the manner in which Hatch's claim was handled. The only criticism is that the initial total of his vet bill was off by $2,500. I made a phone call and spoke with Courtney who said that she would check into it, which she did. She called me back within an hour to advise that the initial calculation was, indeed, incorrect. She made arrangements to get it corrected and it was smooth sailing from there. Thank you! P.S. Hatch is doing great! :)

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Company Information