1.13/5

Need a background check company?

USSearch.com

Need a background check company?

143 USSearch.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

I paid $49.95 November 2012 for ONE search. They auto renewed TWICE (that I found). This is why we need BIG government - because of thieves.....too bad. (I'm a libertarian).

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

This company is a scam! No important info there. Just scam you out of your money and now you spend all your time trying to get rid of them. AWFUL!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

This company refuses to take your personal information down when requested. Abusers can use this company to gain access to where their victim resides and their family members which places them in harm's way and severe danger. Companies like this need to be stopped.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

Signed up for one time service. Attempted to find information about reverse phone information.. All I got back was "in process." This company is a scam. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

They will automatically enroll you in a worthless monthly service, and you won't be able to get them to remove you. Don't fall for this! Stay away! It's a sad day when we need to do a background check on the background check services to make sure they are not crooks that tell you they can find the crooks for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USSearch.com?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

I did a Google search for a people locator and found USSEARCH was highly rated. The rating information appeared to be legitimate, so I opened an account which included a 2 day intro service followed by a monthly membership charge to come later. The first two names I searched came back with my address as their address. I repeated one to make sure I hadn't made a mistake in the information entry, but again my address was shown. I called customer service and spoke with a young woman whose native language was not English. She said their information comes from publicly available sources, and that their sources showed the person I was searching for lived at my address. I said no, I have lived here for 30 years and this person (who is under 30 years of age) has never lived here and is a total stranger to me. She insisted that this was public information and that I was wrong. I immediately demanded she cancel my subscription and make no further charges on my account. I contacted my credit union and cancelled the card for which they have the information. BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2014

I signed up for a search that was advertised at $7.47. I was charged twice for this amount plus $19.95. When I contacted them, they couldn't speak english well enough to communicate very well. They claimed they would refund the $19.95 and cancel the subscription. I followed up with an email to cancel the subscription as well to have this in writing. They never cancelled the subscription nor refunded the charge. I had to resort to complaining to my credit card bank who in turn did get one of the monthly charge off. Still waiting to find out if this is resolved or if this is going to be a continuing saga. I hope these complaints will seriously affect their business and they get shut down or prosecuted for fraudulent operations.

Original review: June 13, 2014

What a SCAM! I signed up for a 1 time search charge and then found they'd signed me up for a monthly fee. When I called customer service, they said they would cancel the monthly subscription but then said they would charge an additional $7.95 for an unlimited search for 7 days which I did not want either. The reason I didn't want it is because the info they supply is worthless. I found more on the person I was looking into on Google for FREE, far more that ripping me off for 35 dollars with the garbage they sent me. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE! The Attorney general should shut this scam down for good!

Original review: May 28, 2014

I was trying to check the background of my daughter's new boyfriend. Entered a search that was said to be free for two days. I was charged 17.48 and 17.47. I'm now told that the changes are a discounted rate for searches and they won't return the money to my account! Be careful with this company! They like to charge more than it states in their online website says!! I'm not at all happy!!

Original review: March 11, 2014

This company advertising as $19.98 for a search. When you go and purchase they tack on two more additional charges! I was charged 3x. And the report showed NOTHING that I already knew. If you want a background check, DO NOT GO HERE! Just go to your local authorities website and do a search. Everything that shows up is everything you can publicly.

USSearch.com Company Information