3.8/5 (250 ratings)

About Tommy John

Tommy John Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I have been purchasing Tommy John for my husband for 2 or 3 years now, and he has loved the comfort of the underwear. However, several pairs of the underwear have ripped at the top seam, and his comfy pants ripped at the knee as well. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but now I firmly believe the underwear is poor quality and just doesn't last. For the price you pay, the underwear should not have to be thrown away after a year or so of use. And to be clear, he doesn't wear them all the time, mainly on weekends, and not at work, so they are not being worn too often. I will not be purchasing Tommy John products again, and I would not recommend them ever again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Dear Tommy John. If you are reading this, then you now know. It's time for us to go our separate ways. We've had our issues in the past...You would try to make it right and I always gave you another chance. But I can't give you chance after chance anymore. My patience has worn out. It's time for us to go our separate ways. In all seriousness I have spent a ton of money on your product and I enjoy wearing them, however, every single pair of underwear I own from Tommy John has ripped in the exact same spot (the perineum area). You've replaced underwear in the past (several times) and even the new ones ripped. I literally have to throw away 6 pairs... Underwear that isn't even a year old... Literally, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Christmas theme underwear all worthless in less than a year. I'm fed up/annoyed/frustrated/done.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I like the comfort and fit of the men's underwear - bought 10-15 pair. However, the material gets prematurely worn out. Every pair has a hole in the crotch area or is about to get a hole (material worn out). These aren't old.. For the price, the quality is poor - I expect more out of the underwear given the price. Buyer beware, I didn't check reviews before my purchase. Otherwise I would have seen the other reviews about poor quality. I won't return for additional purchases from Tommy John, which is unfortunate because I really like the brand/fit.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I love the feel and look of these briefs but I have now had several wear out within 6 months. The crotch area becomes very thin and ends up getting holes. Do not have this problem with other similarly priced brands so not sure what the issue is but will keep me from coming back.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I had two pairs of Tommy John boxer briefs. Both developed holes in rear in 5-6 months. My wife bought me 2 more because I commented on how comfortable they were. I wish I saw this before purchasing since a lot of people seem to be having same issue. Is there a class action lawsuit? $40 per pair and 5 months lifespan is unreasonable.

Original review: July 4, 2021

My husband saw Tommy John underwear in an ad and HAD to try them. They were absolutely amazing. They felt great, looked great. However, I can't imagine anyone who would be willing to spend that kind of money every few months. The first pair got holes all in the crotch and rear area. I chalked it up to a "faulty" pair and didn't think anything of it. The other three pair have done the same. I cannot, will not, spend my money on this product again and it's a shame, because he loves to wear them.

Tommy John response

We'd like to help, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Original review: June 20, 2021

These underwear survived one year (about 20 washes) before falling apart. Multiple holes in the crotch area and unusable. I am bitterly disappointed. I received these as a Christmas present and was very excited at the fit and feel. But who can afford to replace underwear every year?

Tommy John response

Not normal at all, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have been on a search for quality men's undergarments. I got tired of the "big warehouse" brands that are made to fit very well on manikins. There had to be something on the market that didn't have to be pulled down every 10 min. I have tried just about every variant of Tommy John's men's underwear line. They are all very comfortable and don't have to be pulled down nearly as often. Those are the positives. The price is ridiculous and they only last about 5-6 washes before they fall apart. The material breaks apart and leaves lint pieces stuck in any and all creases and cracks down below.

I can see where they were going with these, it is not without some merit. They need to fix one of the two major issues to make these a viable option for most guys. (1) PRICE- The comfort level is better than most men's under garments on the market so if the price wasn't so high it might be worth considering these even though they don't last very long. (2) Longevity - If you want to charge so much for your product you need to make them last more than 6 uses. Tommy John, you can't have it both ways. Either build a great product that lasts and charge accordingly. Or admit that the durability is sacrificed for comfort and the product has a short service. Live and charge accordingly. If either of those happens I will gladly buy your product for me and my entire household.

Tommy John response

Original review: March 20, 2021

I purchased women underwear for X Mas from Tommy John. It does not hold up even though I separate my delicates from my normal wash. I've emailed the company to get my order number and have yet to get a response. They don't hold up to delicate washing cycle!

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear this we'll reach out!

Original review: March 9, 2021

Plain and simple, at $30-35 per pair, Tommy John underwear should last longer. Every pair I have ever had rips or disintegrates in the seat or crotch. Many within a few weeks and only after a few washes (following the washing instructions to a tee). This is a systemic problem with Tommy John products and it has been this way for years. There seems to be no effort on the part of TJ to improve the serious quality issues that they have with their materials and workmanship. These products are a hard pass in the future. No one should waste their money on this company's shoddy products.

Tommy John response

We’ll get to the bottom of this!

Tommy John Company Information