Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.87/5

Tommy John Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

To all having issues with tearing or ripping in the back or front of the cotton and even Second Skin -- I bought a set of 3 Second Skin and my wife accidentally washed 1 of my pairs with fabric softener (the very first time they were washed actually) and the other 2 were washed normally after I found out and told her not to use fabric softener on them at all -- The one washed in fabric softener instantly had started a hole in the back which became worse very quickly. This also happened with the cotton ones I had. Fabric softener is NOT good for any boxers, but it's especially bad with Second Skin. I love the Second Skin, they fit nicely, don't run up and don't cause wedgies. I still give them 5 stars because it clearly says "Do not use fabric softener" on tags, so it's not their fault. Just a heads up for anyone buying them and looking for insight -- GET THEM -- JUST DON'T USE FABRIC SOFTENER EVERRRR.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My experience with Tommy John Apparel has been excellent. I never realized how much other products lacked until using Tommy John. The underwear fits snug, feels light, and is extremely breathable. The quality of the material is very evident from the time I first put them on. I move frequently throughout the day and now have no issues with sweat buildups now since the fabric is so breathable and light. I also wear undershirts daily and Tommy John's shirts feel like a cool thin layer of super breathable fabric. I truly think that these products are game-changers compared to the other options on the market. Try them for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have tried many boxer briefs over my 30 years and these are hands down the best quality I have ever tried. They are the softest, most comfortable BB... They do not ride up at all. Awesome for under dress pants or travel. Customer service was awesome swapping out the wrong size as well that I had ordered. I recommend to all of my friends and they always reply with rave reviews!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our family of 6 (4 of whom are adult children) each have several pairs of TJ underwear. We have always been extremely pleased with their comfort and quality. We will continue to purchase TJ underwear and are going to try some of their other products very soon (shirts/loungewear/socks)! You will not be disappointed. Not sure why there are a few negative reviews on this site. Doesn’t make sense to us!! We are huge fans of TJ.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I tried Tommy John a few years ago and it's slowly taking over my underwear and undershirt drawer. I started with the Go Anywhere and then added some 360s for working out (both in the brief model). I believe the Go Anywhere provides the best value for breathable underwear that can be worn all day long with no issues or movement. The 360s are comparable to other quality workout briefs but I do really like the card slot for keys or a card that won't bounce around during a workout and aren't in an obtrusive location. I've worn the 360s in field environments across the world in the military for weeks at a time and have had no issues and they still look and wear like new.

Recently, I tried the second-skin undershirt and have been pleased with how cool it remains throughout the day. Worked well under a suit in warm weather. Finally, their long sleeve lounge shirt is my favorite item to wear around the house, it's unbelievably comfortable and light but also soft and provides a good bit of warmth too. I also own a pair of their joggers that have been great for going to the gym. For comparison, I have owned a few pairs of MeUndies and although they are similar in comfort and soft materials, the MeUndies wear much hotter and have worn out faster than my Tommy Johns. All around excellent products and will definitely continue to purchase from Tommy John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Original review: March 14, 2020

Underwear pulls up worst than other underwear, I don't wear them, I threw them away. I am not happy with your underwear at all. I wish I wouldn't of bought them. Your advertising is very deceiving. I will never buy your brand again.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Bought $400+ worth of Tommy John. Tried them on and they fit great and material was great. So I proceeded to wash all 13 pairs. After wearing the Second Skin and 360 Sport for a week I realised how uncomfortable they are because they roll up. The 360 had me stop working out to run to the bathroom to pull them down. During cardio they ride up and chafed my legs. The second skin felt great but ride up just walking and got me looking stupid trying to wiggle or pull them down. I contacted their customer service for help but they would only replace 5, not even half. So I am out 13 underwear.. Hope these don't tear up like other customers. Very dissatisfied customer and will not be buying or commending tommy john. Kevin Hart you are a clown for backing this company.

Original review: March 6, 2020

When I first bought Tommy John underwear I thought I loved the comfort and fit, and immediately bought more, only to find that the first couple of times they were washed they had holes in them. The next few pair had holes in them after one washing. Now, after a year or so, I probably have 6 or so pair of Tommy John underwear and maybe one without holes everywhere. POOR QUALITY!!

Original review: March 3, 2020

They rip after a month and when you contact them they won’t replace them. After about a month they tear and get giant holes. The customer service is horrible and I tried to write a review on the Facebook and the deleted me and blocked me.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I ordered these due to all the rave reviews, yes they fit great and felt good. However, after two washings they had holes in the front of all three pairs I had received! I got different types to try, and unfortunately they are now all in the garbage. So disappointed in this brand, will not be purchasing again. I did wash according to instructions and I fabric softener either.

Tommy John Company Information