2.28/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Tommy John

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

90 Tommy John Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

To all having issues with tearing or ripping in the back or front of the cotton and even Second Skin -- I bought a set of 3 Second Skin and my wife accidentally washed 1 of my pairs with fabric softener (the very first time they were washed actually) and the other 2 were washed normally after I found out and told her not to use fabric softener on them at all -- The one washed in fabric softener instantly had started a hole in the back which became worse very quickly. This also happened with the cotton ones I had. Fabric softener is NOT good for any boxers, but it's especially bad with Second Skin. I love the Second Skin, they fit nicely, don't run up and don't cause wedgies. I still give them 5 stars because it clearly says "Do not use fabric softener" on tags, so it's not their fault. Just a heads up for anyone buying them and looking for insight -- GET THEM -- JUST DON'T USE FABRIC SOFTENER EVERRRR.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My experience with Tommy John Apparel has been excellent. I never realized how much other products lacked until using Tommy John. The underwear fits snug, feels light, and is extremely breathable. The quality of the material is very evident from the time I first put them on. I move frequently throughout the day and now have no issues with sweat buildups now since the fabric is so breathable and light. I also wear undershirts daily and Tommy John's shirts feel like a cool thin layer of super breathable fabric. I truly think that these products are game-changers compared to the other options on the market. Try them for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have tried many boxer briefs over my 30 years and these are hands down the best quality I have ever tried. They are the softest, most comfortable BB... They do not ride up at all. Awesome for under dress pants or travel. Customer service was awesome swapping out the wrong size as well that I had ordered. I recommend to all of my friends and they always reply with rave reviews!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our family of 6 (4 of whom are adult children) each have several pairs of TJ underwear. We have always been extremely pleased with their comfort and quality. We will continue to purchase TJ underwear and are going to try some of their other products very soon (shirts/loungewear/socks)! You will not be disappointed. Not sure why there are a few negative reviews on this site. Doesn’t make sense to us!! We are huge fans of TJ.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I tried Tommy John a few years ago and it's slowly taking over my underwear and undershirt drawer. I started with the Go Anywhere and then added some 360s for working out (both in the brief model). I believe the Go Anywhere provides the best value for breathable underwear that can be worn all day long with no issues or movement. The 360s are comparable to other quality workout briefs but I do really like the card slot for keys or a card that won't bounce around during a workout and aren't in an obtrusive location. I've worn the 360s in field environments across the world in the military for weeks at a time and have had no issues and they still look and wear like new.

Recently, I tried the second-skin undershirt and have been pleased with how cool it remains throughout the day. Worked well under a suit in warm weather. Finally, their long sleeve lounge shirt is my favorite item to wear around the house, it's unbelievably comfortable and light but also soft and provides a good bit of warmth too. I also own a pair of their joggers that have been great for going to the gym. For comparison, I have owned a few pairs of MeUndies and although they are similar in comfort and soft materials, the MeUndies wear much hotter and have worn out faster than my Tommy Johns. All around excellent products and will definitely continue to purchase from Tommy John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been wearing TJ underwear for the past 2 years and have about 12 pairs of different styles, but mostly the second skin trunks. They are very comfortable and I would like to keep buying them, however, I have six pair that have all developed holes in the crotch. It is very frustrating, especially for the price of these underwear. Maybe need to stay away from the second skin style and go to something else or to one of the different brands that people have recommended. Not sure why these would all wear out in the same place.

Tommy John response

While we are glad you are happy with the comfort of the product, we're sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. We will be following up with you to find a solution.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2019

Excellent customer service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Ontrac was used for delivery which seems insane given the premium price. Like if high end is your shtick at least follow it through to delivery. So naturally the package was marked as delivered but is nowhere in sight. I’ve had my current residency for 1.5 yrs and have about a package a day delivered. This is the first one to never make it.

Tommy John response

We're very sorry to hear you haven't received your order. We will be following up with you to assist.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

First of all this is the most comfortable underwear I have ever bought,BUT-DO NOT buy them. After several months of careful washing only in cold water and air drying, they developed small holes (all 6 pairs!). I bought several pairs from Men's Wearhouse and went back to the store several months later after they began developing the small holes. The store manager told me that my expectations were too high and they had a short life! Several months life for $34/pair. I am done with Tommy Johns! its back to Jockey for me. If anyone out there knows of another brand like TJs, that don't fall apart, please post it!

Hey Jim,

So sorry to hear this. We will be reaching out to you via a private message to get this sorted out.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Under a year ago I was wondering through the King of Prussia Mall and stumbled upon the Tommy John store. I had seen advertisements for them and read testimonials so I decided I would go in and look at what they had to offer. I was immediately impressed with the quality and feel of their men's boxer briefs and decided to purchase a 360 Sport 2.0 pair of boxer briefs in Blue Digital Camo and another pair of the shorter trunks in grey and black. After wearing both for a few weeks I decided that I really liked their products and ordered two pairs of the Go Anywhere boxer briefs and have since ordered two additional pairs. While in store and while looking at the labels and information available on Tommy John's website I was instructed to follow the care instructions precisely, and I have made a point to do so during the entire time I've owned any of these pairs.

To my dismay I found a hole in the crotch area of my 360 sport 2.0 the other day, not on a seam where you would expect them to occur eventually, but actually in the mesh-like material next to a seam. Having looked through their return and exchange policy, I am well outside the window for any of those, and either way they are clearly not in "unused and unworn condition" and therefore are not eligible to be returned or exchanged. For something that cost me almost $40, I was making an investment in my long-term comfort and satisfaction. For the same price I can get two packs of Hanes sport underwear that I can treat however I want and they will hold up, and when they do wear out I can afford to buy a new pack.

I initially believed that the quality and performance of these products made them worth their hefty price tag, but after this experience I can no longer recommend purchasing their boxer briefs unless you are okay with having to replace them in under a year. I clearly am not the only person who is having this issue and it's a disappointment that their customer service can't be bothered to offer any kind of solution to this issue. I understand that clothing will wear with time, but asking that much money for one pair and then not standing behind your product really exemplifies to me how little regard companies have for their consumers. Other than this issue, I absolutely love everything else about these boxer-briefs, they're the most comfortable and well-fitting of any I've ever owned, but they're not worth it in the long run if this is going to happen. I will be on the lookout for the others to start failing in the future.

Tommy John response

We're terribly sorry to see this issue and we will certainly be happy to replace. We will be following up with you for further information.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Easily the most comfortable boxer briefs I’ve ever had, but in months have developed holes in the crotch. Not in a seam as a production defect, just in the middle of the fabric. Followed directions: Not worn for exercise and no fabric softener. Really bummed because as you know these are not cheap but end up looking cheap really quickly. Still super comfortable but I’m not comfortable wearing them anymore. Embarrassing (pun intended).

Tommy John response

We're sorry to hear of this and we will make sure that we resolve this for you.

Tommy John Company Information