2.74/5

66 Tommy John Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

My experience with Tommy John Apparel has been excellent. I never realized how much other products lacked until using Tommy John. The underwear fits snug, feels light, and is extremely breathable. The quality of the material is very evident from the time I first put them on. I move frequently throughout the day and now have no issues with sweat buildups now since the fabric is so breathable and light. I also wear undershirts daily and Tommy John's shirts feel like a cool thin layer of super breathable fabric. I truly think that these products are game-changers compared to the other options on the market. Try them for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I tried Tommy John a few years ago and it's slowly taking over my underwear and undershirt drawer. I started with the Go Anywhere and then added some 360s for working out (both in the brief model). I believe the Go Anywhere provides the best value for breathable underwear that can be worn all day long with no issues or movement. The 360s are comparable to other quality workout briefs but I do really like the card slot for keys or a card that won't bounce around during a workout and aren't in an obtrusive location. I've worn the 360s in field environments across the world in the military for weeks at a time and have had no issues and they still look and wear like new.

Recently, I tried the second-skin undershirt and have been pleased with how cool it remains throughout the day. Worked well under a suit in warm weather. Finally, their long sleeve lounge shirt is my favorite item to wear around the house, it's unbelievably comfortable and light but also soft and provides a good bit of warmth too. I also own a pair of their joggers that have been great for going to the gym. For comparison, I have owned a few pairs of MeUndies and although they are similar in comfort and soft materials, the MeUndies wear much hotter and have worn out faster than my Tommy Johns. All around excellent products and will definitely continue to purchase from Tommy John.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Tommy John offers a variety of styles that appeal to my husband. They have a unique selection of colors and styles of men's underwear to suit everyone's needs. However, I feel that Tommy John is somewhat overpriced. Even though they carry unique styles I don't think that underwear should cost as much as they charge especially when the quality is no better than most brands of men's underwear. Tommy Johns are comfortable and my husband loves them and he would have a heart attack if I were to buy a different brand so to keep him happy I'll keep buying him his Tommy Johns.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I like the material that the Tommy John underwear is made from. It is flexible so that I can be active in them, when I am at the gym for example. I can run, lift and do any other exercise in them without any riding up or friction burn. Compared to other brands that I have used, this underwear seems to allow me the most freedom in motion while still providing a soft material and comfortable fit when I am not being active in them. The waistband on the underwear could be improved to be a little wider and sturdier. I never like it when the waistband on my underwear get folded or twisted up and I have to adjust them. This has happened to me a couple of times with the Tommy John underwear and it is annoying to have to adjust them. Still, my overall experience with the Tommy John underwear that I have purchased has been largely positive. They are easily ordered from their online store and are a good value.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Tommy John was excellent underwear. I would definitely order from them again. It's rare that you can find online a company that has the kind of selection that makes online underwear shopping something that I want to do, but they did for me. I like the underwear to be snug, but also comfortable. I like them to fit just right and have just the right amount of slack. I like them to be black or dark colors. I like them to be attractive and also easy to wash. I do not like baggy style underwear as they do not feel right to me. They are uncomfortable and pesky. This includes but is not limited to boxers and boxer kinds of underwear. However, I do like tighter fitting boxer briefs. They are different to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

While the TV commercial claims the waistband doesn’t roll, that’s a lie. I bought several packs and they all roll/fold. I won’t buy again.. And let’s not forget that these aren’t cheap. For the price you would expect better quality control.

Tommy John response

We're sorry to hear this, as that's not typical, and not the experience we want for you. We have reached out to you to assist and hope we can get you into something that works better for you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased the boxer briefs and as a whole I liked them but still got the waistband roll over which was very disappointing. I purchased the size I wear but maybe they run small. The material was fine - fit snug which was nice. The little slot in front makes it a little difficult to use the restroom comfortably.

Tommy John response

We're sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your purchase. We would like to help get you into something better for you, so please reach out to our Support Team and they will gladly assist.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Great underwear, but expect them to wear out in the undercarriage in less than a year. I have about 20 pair, rotate them regularly, and there are at least three pairs with holes in them. For $40+/pair, they should last a bit longer.

Tommy John response

We're sorry to hear about this and would like to assist. Please reach out to our Support Team and we will help to correct this.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

I originally purchased the Tommy John underwear because of the advertised guarantees about no weggies, riding up, or waistband rolling over. When I complained, they said I bought the wrong type of briefs and if I bought the longer briefs that would solve the problems. Wrong! Still get some weggie and riding up plus the waist band does roll over on me. Maybe it doesn't on very slim guys. Regardless, they should be sued for their advertised guarantees.

Tommy John response

We're sorry you aren't satisfied with your purchase and we would like to assist. Please contact us

Original review: May 9, 2019

I was a huge fan of Tommy John Second Skin underwear at first - but after one a few months of wears, they just fall apart and rip down the middle. This has never happened to any other pair of boxers I own. Sounds like planned obsolescence.

Hi Nicky,

We're sorry to hear of this issue. We will be happy to assist, so please just reach out to us.

Best,

Tommy John Support Team

Original review: May 1, 2019

I’ve had numerous pairs of joggers, underwear, T-shirts, and socks. They are not only the most comfortable clothing items in my wardrobe, but accompanied by amazing quality. My entire wardrobe will eventually become Tommy John. Love this brand!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I recently purchased the Second Skin Comfort Polo and absolutely LOVE it. One of the best polos out there and I see myself buying many more for leisure and golf. I thought this was strictly an underwear company but am finding more and more the other clothing items are top-notch.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have tried many boxer briefs over my 30 years and these are hands down the best quality I have ever tried. They are the softest, most comfortable BB... They do not ride up at all. Awesome for under dress pants or travel. Customer service was awesome swapping out the wrong size as well that I had ordered. I recommend to all of my friends and they always reply with rave reviews!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Tommy John's supplies the best underwear I’ve ever owned in my life thus far! The quality and durability of their products are truly unrivaled. Perfect for both personal use and gifting! Cannot recommend this brand enough.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Boxer Briefs that really stay in place, undershirts that don't come untucked and over the calf socks that don't fall down. You get what you pay for. I won't suit up without one of each and the Go Anywhere trunks are perfect for shorts weather and anything I could get into.

Original review: April 18, 2019

A friend has been raving about Tommy John's underwear for a while. I finally decided to give them a try and I can gladly say that I am happy with my new undies! They are soft, breathable and feel like I'm wearing absolutely nothing, which makes me feel sexy! Thank you, Tommy John!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our family of 6 (4 of whom are adult children) each have several pairs of TJ underwear. We have always been extremely pleased with their comfort and quality. We will continue to purchase TJ underwear and are going to try some of their other products very soon (shirts/loungewear/socks)! You will not be disappointed. Not sure why there are a few negative reviews on this site. Doesn’t make sense to us!! We are huge fans of TJ.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am so glad I finally decided to invest in some pairs of underwear at Tommy John. The Cool Cotton Briefs are so soft and very easy to wash (and travel with, as they are so light). They are high quality, and I have since ordered many more!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Fits and wears great. Can wear normally, to work or for sports. Have run multiple races and marathons them with my best times ever. Wash and dried them several times, no signs of wear and tear. 10/10. Would highly recommend. Other products are great as well. Extremely comfortable.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Bought Tommy John at Nordstrom’s for Christmas gifts. Both my husband and son love these. They wash up great and are extremely durable... Well worth the extra money. My husband has had problems with the waistbands ripping on other brands and the Tommy John are so well made.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have a couple different styles and love them all, but especially love the Cool Cotton collection. It's like that perfectly worn-in, soft T shirt that you want to wear everyday, but underwear. I haven't had any issues with wear and tear and/or washing and I'm bad and just throw them in with everything else (not on delicates like the label says). They're all great quality in my opinion!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have enjoyed my Tommy John underwear over the years and have been a customer since nearly the beginning. More recently have had issues with the quality being less than in the past with items unraveling and coming apart. I still have continued to purchase the items as I enjoy how they feel but recently when I purchased an item that was new to me on their site at a discounted price I ran into an issue.

It seems that when you buy something on sale it is yours, it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit, it doesn't matter even if it is the same labeled size as the previous items you've purchased, if they mis-sized or made an error in manufacturing it is yours. This seems surprising from an online company of luxury goods that don't allow the customer to try-on an item before buying it. Imagine if this was the service you received from a brick and mortar retailer like Nordstrom, you wouldn't shop there again! Even given my loyal business over several years there was no consideration, even to the point where they told me, "too bad, those are the rules, no exceptions".

I'm very reasonable, I'm not looking for a refund, just provide me a credit. Seems the loyalty is a one way street. Guess I will give my business to a company who appreciates loyal customers. Perhaps based on the decline in their quality, and the lack of positive reviews about the company, it might have been time to make a change anyway.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Bought 6 pairs on sale. Arrive in a beautiful boxed arrangement. It made me feel that Apple had gotten into the underwear business. That is where the delightful experience ended. The briefs elastic is not robust and allows the underwear to creep down. There is a strange seam in the buttocks that irritates you and makes you think about it all day. When I went to return the items, guess what, sales items cannot be returned! That's right. It's was worth $100 to return to my tried and true friend, Jockey.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The Air underwear were fabulous for 2 washings. Then they did not stay put on the leg and moved uncomfortable up the crack. Will not buy these again. Love the fabric but not the fit. True to no panty lines but doesn't help if they ride up so much after minimal washing. My washing was always done on delicate.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have bought 6 pairs in 2 years and all of them have at least a little hole, the fabric while it feels great doesn't last with very casual use. Also when I attempted to speak with customer service they couldn't have possibly cared less. I think it is a known issue due to the many reviews and as long as they advertise well and keep duping new customers they won't fix the product.

Original review: April 3, 2019

These 5 pair of underwear are definitely NOT worth the $90 something I paid for them and here's why.

1. The material is so thin that my thumb wet through them just pulling them up. Now I have a hole in one pair.
2. The waistband doesn't stay where it's supposed to. I wear a nightshirt to bed and I wake up with them down around my legs.
3. They don't slide when I pull my leggings up and they wind up around my waist because the legs are HUGE!
4. Pull the tag off to wear them to see if you like them and you can't send them back even with a hole in them.

5. Last but not least... THEY DO GO UP YOUR CRACK!

They look a lot more solid on the advertisements but they're SUPER THIN!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Bought 6 pairs for my husband. He loved they way they felt (at first). They were rated #5 in Men’s Health and really expensive but I thought it would be worth it. Surprise 2 weeks in his scrotum hung out the crouch, poor guys. Not to make a joke but literally the worst underwear he ever wore. I can’t believe Dr. Laura promotes this type of horrible product.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The underwear was not what it claimed to be. When I asked about a refund was told only items with tags on were returnable. They claimed to have a perfect fit. Mine rolled down like the cheapest underwear I have ever owned. These guys are robbing people blind.

Original review: March 17, 2019

They make it very hard to buy when you can only return one pair. I also found other products started to stretch and no way to return. Never again would I buy from them! I wish I would have read reviews before making a purchase.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Ordered 3 pair cotton and second skin briefs. Large, same size I always wear. Received quickly. They were baggy with no support. Contacted Tommy John. They asked a few questions which I answered and never heard from them again. E-mailed Manny several times, nothing. Got burned for $90. Do not believe the fake reviews. All the other brands fit perfect. Buy and you will be sorry.

Tommy John Company Information