3.9/5 (241 ratings)

About Tommy John

Tommy John Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: July 4, 2021

My husband saw Tommy John underwear in an ad and HAD to try them. They were absolutely amazing. They felt great, looked great. However, I can't imagine anyone who would be willing to spend that kind of money every few months. The first pair got holes all in the crotch and rear area. I chalked it up to a "faulty" pair and didn't think anything of it. The other three pair have done the same. I cannot, will not, spend my money on this product again and it's a shame, because he loves to wear them.

Tommy John response

We'd like to help, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Original review: June 20, 2021

These underwear survived one year (about 20 washes) before falling apart. Multiple holes in the crotch area and unusable. I am bitterly disappointed. I received these as a Christmas present and was very excited at the fit and feel. But who can afford to replace underwear every year?

Tommy John response

Not normal at all, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have been on a search for quality men's undergarments. I got tired of the "big warehouse" brands that are made to fit very well on manikins. There had to be something on the market that didn't have to be pulled down every 10 min. I have tried just about every variant of Tommy John's men's underwear line. They are all very comfortable and don't have to be pulled down nearly as often. Those are the positives. The price is ridiculous and they only last about 5-6 washes before they fall apart. The material breaks apart and leaves lint pieces stuck in any and all creases and cracks down below.

I can see where they were going with these, it is not without some merit. They need to fix one of the two major issues to make these a viable option for most guys. (1) PRICE- The comfort level is better than most men's under garments on the market so if the price wasn't so high it might be worth considering these even though they don't last very long. (2) Longevity - If you want to charge so much for your product you need to make them last more than 6 uses. Tommy John, you can't have it both ways. Either build a great product that lasts and charge accordingly. Or admit that the durability is sacrificed for comfort and the product has a short service. Live and charge accordingly. If either of those happens I will gladly buy your product for me and my entire household.

Tommy John response

Original review: March 20, 2021

I purchased women underwear for X Mas from Tommy John. It does not hold up even though I separate my delicates from my normal wash. I've emailed the company to get my order number and have yet to get a response. They don't hold up to delicate washing cycle!

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear this we'll reach out!

Original review: March 9, 2021

Plain and simple, at $30-35 per pair, Tommy John underwear should last longer. Every pair I have ever had rips or disintegrates in the seat or crotch. Many within a few weeks and only after a few washes (following the washing instructions to a tee). This is a systemic problem with Tommy John products and it has been this way for years. There seems to be no effort on the part of TJ to improve the serious quality issues that they have with their materials and workmanship. These products are a hard pass in the future. No one should waste their money on this company's shoddy products.

Tommy John response

We’ll get to the bottom of this!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I keep getting jock itch. I have tried everything on the market. Nothing works. I own 30 pair of Tommy John that I wear every day. My doctor suggested that I try a different brand of underwear. I did and guess what Jock Itch gone. I guess I have to throw out $900.00 worth of underwear from Tommy John.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

These are the most comfortable undies I've ever worn!! That being said, the quality of the product does not match the price tag. Several pair of a recent gift pack are already fraying on the edges :( making them garbage unfortunately.

Tommy John response

Not acceptable we will reach out to correct!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The pajamas are fairly comfortable; however the pants only fit taller men. While I am a less than average 5'7" I have never purchased pants this long in length before. These pajama pants may be good for any man, as long as he is at least 5'10" tall. For anyone less than this, I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Tommy John response

So sorry to hear we'll reach out to make this right!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

My wife responded to a television ad for Tommy John undergarments. She ordered two Women’s Second Skin High Rise Brief 3 Packs. The advertisement stated that she could return the items for any reason whatsoever. It also claimed these briefs would not ride up or roll at the waist, however, they do both and fit poorly. When I requested a return authorization I was asked if they had been washed or worn. My wife always washes her clothes before wearing so I responded yes. She had only tried on a single pair before she knew they weren't going to live up to the hype. The customer service rep informed me that they could only take back items that hadn't been washed or worn. Luckily, she hadn't washed the black pairs, So I was able to get a refund for those two pair, but she is stuck with 4 pair that she will never wear because they do not fit correctly or comfortably.

If you really dig into their return policy it is stated that they will not accept returns for items that have been washed and or worn, however, this is not what they claim in their ads. In fact, my wife spoke to a customer service rep prior to ordering the briefs and was told that she could return them if for any reason she was dissatisfied, at no time was she advised of the specifics of their return policy. Additionally, when the products arrived there was no correspondence of any kind, not even a packing slip. A packing slip with the return policy clearly stated would have saved us a lot of money.

Tommy John response

Hi Paul, we deeply apologize for this. As per our first order guarantee, we do offer a refund on one worn pair of undergarment.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I placed an order on 12/14 - After a few days, I realized the order was still processing. I called customer service, and was told it never got sent over to shipping. Well, once they sent it to shipping, the product was out of stock. I kindly asked that they just refund my money. Simple enough to me, but for Tommy John, it has been a nightmare. This is January 1st, and I am STILL in an email battle to get a refund. They only wanted me to pick something else out, or get store credit. Just be aware before you place an order with them The customer service is now saying it was lost in the mail, when I had already talked to them on the phone, and they clearly stated it NEVER GOT SENT OVER TO SHIPPING. They told me they don't do refunds for lost mail. Well mine wasn't lost in the mail, but merely a case of them dropping the ball on their end. I have purchased so much from Tommy John in the past, but that is coming to an end.

Tommy John response

So sorry to hear this we'll reach out via DM.

Tommy John Company Information