2.16/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Tommy John

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Tommy John Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

To all having issues with tearing or ripping in the back or front of the cotton and even Second Skin -- I bought a set of 3 Second Skin and my wife accidentally washed 1 of my pairs with fabric softener (the very first time they were washed actually) and the other 2 were washed normally after I found out and told her not to use fabric softener on them at all -- The one washed in fabric softener instantly had started a hole in the back which became worse very quickly. This also happened with the cotton ones I had. Fabric softener is NOT good for any boxers, but it's especially bad with Second Skin. I love the Second Skin, they fit nicely, don't run up and don't cause wedgies. I still give them 5 stars because it clearly says "Do not use fabric softener" on tags, so it's not their fault. Just a heads up for anyone buying them and looking for insight -- GET THEM -- JUST DON'T USE FABRIC SOFTENER EVERRRR.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My experience with Tommy John Apparel has been excellent. I never realized how much other products lacked until using Tommy John. The underwear fits snug, feels light, and is extremely breathable. The quality of the material is very evident from the time I first put them on. I move frequently throughout the day and now have no issues with sweat buildups now since the fabric is so breathable and light. I also wear undershirts daily and Tommy John's shirts feel like a cool thin layer of super breathable fabric. I truly think that these products are game-changers compared to the other options on the market. Try them for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have tried many boxer briefs over my 30 years and these are hands down the best quality I have ever tried. They are the softest, most comfortable BB... They do not ride up at all. Awesome for under dress pants or travel. Customer service was awesome swapping out the wrong size as well that I had ordered. I recommend to all of my friends and they always reply with rave reviews!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our family of 6 (4 of whom are adult children) each have several pairs of TJ underwear. We have always been extremely pleased with their comfort and quality. We will continue to purchase TJ underwear and are going to try some of their other products very soon (shirts/loungewear/socks)! You will not be disappointed. Not sure why there are a few negative reviews on this site. Doesn’t make sense to us!! We are huge fans of TJ.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I tried Tommy John a few years ago and it's slowly taking over my underwear and undershirt drawer. I started with the Go Anywhere and then added some 360s for working out (both in the brief model). I believe the Go Anywhere provides the best value for breathable underwear that can be worn all day long with no issues or movement. The 360s are comparable to other quality workout briefs but I do really like the card slot for keys or a card that won't bounce around during a workout and aren't in an obtrusive location. I've worn the 360s in field environments across the world in the military for weeks at a time and have had no issues and they still look and wear like new.

Recently, I tried the second-skin undershirt and have been pleased with how cool it remains throughout the day. Worked well under a suit in warm weather. Finally, their long sleeve lounge shirt is my favorite item to wear around the house, it's unbelievably comfortable and light but also soft and provides a good bit of warmth too. I also own a pair of their joggers that have been great for going to the gym. For comparison, I have owned a few pairs of MeUndies and although they are similar in comfort and soft materials, the MeUndies wear much hotter and have worn out faster than my Tommy Johns. All around excellent products and will definitely continue to purchase from Tommy John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I have purchased probably over a dozen pairs or so now and at first it was more or less trying different styles to see what I liked best. Great at first but I’ve been throwing pairs away that have worn from washing a few times and others just are straight up tearing where they shouldn’t. I even went up a size and still have had the issues from before. I’d say now I have about 7 pairs or so I alternate which was more but I keep finding holes popping up here and there and hate have to throw out 30 plus dollar pairs of underwear. At first they are great but then months or so down the line they don’t hold up unfortunately.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

A friend told me about Tommy John's boxer shorts for their son and how comfortable they were. So that night I purchased my son three pairs of boxer shorts. I couldn’t believe how soft they were. My son said they were amazing. However within about six months they are started ripping until a gaping hole and everyone of them. I paid $35 a pair only to have them only last six months. As I’m writing this I realized that the same exact thing has happened to other consumers. I have all three pairs in a bag and can provide pictures if needed. What a shame... I thought I found a new brand for him, however seems like I will be going back to the brand that he had before. Too expensive to only last six months.

Tommy John response

We're so sorry to hear this. We'll be reaching out via private message to get this sorted out.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I bought two pairs of the cotton basic boxer briefs and was initially blown away. The comfort and how they stay in place were so different than other brands. I had been looking to replace my underwear and ended up buying several more 2-packs in different colors figuring this is as good as it gets. Unfortunately, as I’ve worn these pairs more and more each one have now started ripping. They began as small holes here and there. I figured I bent down wrong one day with one pair but it is now all of them over time. The small holes have turned into giant holes and I’ll be needing to throw them all out with less than 6 months of use.

I was hoping to avoid the cheap standard brands again but those lasted for years. The store I bought these at only went up to XL but that’s the size I always get. Perhaps something went wrong with the fit? Maybe it’s my fault but since they don’t sell them larger and they did seem to fit right in at a loss. Regardless I spent over $120 on a new collection and I’m back to looking for a different brand. You may be excited for the comfort at first but I could not recommend if you’re looking for anything to last.

Tommy John response

Hey Kevin, we are not able to replace items purchased from a 3rd party store. As we would not have any of the customer, purchase or item details. However, we can send a courtesy 2-pack of the cotton basics. Just provide us with your email address and mailing address.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I am a previous customer who has been loyal to Tommy John. Recently I had ordered 3 new pair at $35 each and somehow they are not the same quality. 2 of the 3 pair had holes within the first month and when I tried to return they really didn't try to replace. Instead they made it about me, wanted pictures, and personal user information. With that, I just threw them in the trash and I will get a new vendor. I suggest you avoid this company until they recreate the quality they had in the past. In my opinion Tommy John is junk.

Tommy John response

Extremely sorry you're experiencing this. We'll be reaching out via private message to get this sorted out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Greetings... I Loved my Tommy John Boxers until they started falling apart within a few months. Seems popping/wearing out. I bought mine a while back, and now I’m seeing them on Facebook again. Tempted to try them again, since they were extremely comfortable, but I don’t want $30 underwear to collect dust in my dresser. I thought about having them repaired, but instead I just went to other brands. I honestly don’t remember when I made the initial purpose, but these boxer briefs were gorgeous, initially... Bright red, with the pouch, and the cellphone pocket. Maybe, with assistance, we all can work something out. I can provide a picture. I still have it in email.

Tommy John response

Very sorry to see this. We'll be reaching out via private message to learn more.

Tommy John Company Information