Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.91/5

Tommy John Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

To all having issues with tearing or ripping in the back or front of the cotton and even Second Skin -- I bought a set of 3 Second Skin and my wife accidentally washed 1 of my pairs with fabric softener (the very first time they were washed actually) and the other 2 were washed normally after I found out and told her not to use fabric softener on them at all -- The one washed in fabric softener instantly had started a hole in the back which became worse very quickly. This also happened with the cotton ones I had. Fabric softener is NOT good for any boxers, but it's especially bad with Second Skin. I love the Second Skin, they fit nicely, don't run up and don't cause wedgies. I still give them 5 stars because it clearly says "Do not use fabric softener" on tags, so it's not their fault. Just a heads up for anyone buying them and looking for insight -- GET THEM -- JUST DON'T USE FABRIC SOFTENER EVERRRR.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My experience with Tommy John Apparel has been excellent. I never realized how much other products lacked until using Tommy John. The underwear fits snug, feels light, and is extremely breathable. The quality of the material is very evident from the time I first put them on. I move frequently throughout the day and now have no issues with sweat buildups now since the fabric is so breathable and light. I also wear undershirts daily and Tommy John's shirts feel like a cool thin layer of super breathable fabric. I truly think that these products are game-changers compared to the other options on the market. Try them for yourself! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have tried many boxer briefs over my 30 years and these are hands down the best quality I have ever tried. They are the softest, most comfortable BB... They do not ride up at all. Awesome for under dress pants or travel. Customer service was awesome swapping out the wrong size as well that I had ordered. I recommend to all of my friends and they always reply with rave reviews!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Our family of 6 (4 of whom are adult children) each have several pairs of TJ underwear. We have always been extremely pleased with their comfort and quality. We will continue to purchase TJ underwear and are going to try some of their other products very soon (shirts/loungewear/socks)! You will not be disappointed. Not sure why there are a few negative reviews on this site. Doesn’t make sense to us!! We are huge fans of TJ.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I tried Tommy John a few years ago and it's slowly taking over my underwear and undershirt drawer. I started with the Go Anywhere and then added some 360s for working out (both in the brief model). I believe the Go Anywhere provides the best value for breathable underwear that can be worn all day long with no issues or movement. The 360s are comparable to other quality workout briefs but I do really like the card slot for keys or a card that won't bounce around during a workout and aren't in an obtrusive location. I've worn the 360s in field environments across the world in the military for weeks at a time and have had no issues and they still look and wear like new.

Recently, I tried the second-skin undershirt and have been pleased with how cool it remains throughout the day. Worked well under a suit in warm weather. Finally, their long sleeve lounge shirt is my favorite item to wear around the house, it's unbelievably comfortable and light but also soft and provides a good bit of warmth too. I also own a pair of their joggers that have been great for going to the gym. For comparison, I have owned a few pairs of MeUndies and although they are similar in comfort and soft materials, the MeUndies wear much hotter and have worn out faster than my Tommy Johns. All around excellent products and will definitely continue to purchase from Tommy John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Buyer Beware! I bought a pair of their second skin and they had a hole in them after 2 washings. I did not use fabric softener and washed them as the instructions said. I complained to customer service and after sending pictures and answering a myriad of questions, they basically said "too bad, try to get a refund from the store you purchased them from". These are too expensive to be throwing them away after 2 washes. I once had a similar situation with a pair of Saxx underwear with a defective waistband... They sent me a free replacement no questions asked. Now that is customer service! Last pair I buy from Tommy John.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a couple of pair of the men's briefs a while back. they are quite comfortable, they don't rise up, and no weggies. However we don't all have the six pack abs like the young guy in the ad, and gents, if you have just a slight belly, the waistband will roll down.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I received them as a gift in September. By February after wearing once a week the crotch has a large rip. Big enough that my bits and pieces fall through it. I contacted customer service to learn about a warranty or how long a pair is supposed to last. The associate I worked with asked me for an order id or the email address I ordered from- Reasonable request but they were a gift so I didn’t have one. So they couldn’t help me at all, game over. I guess I expected more from a company charging $30+ for each pair of underwear. I won’t be purchasing this brand again but they were comfortable while they lasted. The customer service or warranty policy could be a bit better. Hope your pair lasts longer than mine.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
          Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

First I love the underwear. Even at the price. I wear the women's cotton underwear. After 4 weeks, one of the pair began unraveling at the back left bottom seam (I own 8 pair that I rotate consistently). I contacted the company and they sent another pair after I answered all their concerns -- including how I launder them. (cold gentle wash cycle; low dryer cycle) Now another pair is doing the same. I haven't contacted the company, rather I am waiting to see if the other pairs follow suit.

Tommy John response

Sorry to hear this. We will be reaching out to you via private message to assist further.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

My wife ordered me some very expensive clothes from Tommy John, and ones of the shirts came with what looked like a scissor cut right on the center. We immediately contacted customer service and thought a replacement was on the way. After a month of nothing we followed up and got no response. Another month gone by and we’re still waiting. Seems like they don’t stand behind their products even if it arrives damaged.

Tommy John response

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Tommy John Company Information