3.2/5 (417 ratings)

About Tommy John

Tommy John Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I was initially impressed with the comfort and breathability of the Tommy John men's underwear. I purchased 3 pairs and then quickly another five pair. However after about a month of use all but one pair developed a hole in the bottom of each pair. I was incredibly disappointed in their durability.

Tommy John response

We're glad to hear you have been happy with the comfort of your Tommy John underwear. That said, we're sorry to hear of the issues you've been having. We'd like to assist, and have sent you a direct message to get more information.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Holes developed in almost every pair in the butt, some were relatively new! Don’t buy them, you will only be disappointed I promise. Clearly defective. My advice is to steer clear of this product - they look good but wear really poorly.

Tommy John response

We're very sorry to hear this. While this is not common, we are always here to make it right. We will be reaching out to you privately.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: July 30, 2022

Tommy John did contact me right away and their customer support was apologetic and more than willing to resolve the issue swiftly and to my satisfaction. Their response to my concerns gave me a renewed faith in this brand.

Original review: July 3, 2022

I fell into the Tommy John underwear trap initially after being gifted a pair for my birthday. It felt like I wasn't wearing any underwear and that was what I initially loved. The fabric was light and airy and overall, the best pair of underwear I ever owned. I immediately ordered more, paying around $120 for 3 pair. That (in and of itself) proved how much I liked them because I had never purchased underwear that expensive before. It sounded insane at first, but I dove in and ordered them anyhow.

Within a week, the pair I got for my birthday started to tear from what looked like the material coming apart. I was now getting concerned, as my order was on the way. I ended up having to throw the first pair away. Within a few weeks, one of the other pair also started to come apart from a similar weakening of the fabric. I contacted Tommy John and after asking me questions about how I was laundering the underwear, they looked up my purchase and ended up sending me a replacement pair. It wasn't more than a month before it started happening again, so I decided this wasn't an isolated experience and excepted my losses and move on. Like everything, it all came down to the quality.

Tommy John response

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing and will be following up to further assist.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I was given 2 pairs of Tommy John Long underwear and after 2 washes, the waistband was shredded. Contacted customer service and they give you a runaround. Other companies take care of their customers without question. This company does not. Do not buy from them.

Tommy John response

Hi there, we're sorry to see this and will be following up with you to assist. We are happy to replace items purchased through Tommy John that develop issues outside of the reasonable lifespan of the garment.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I purchased 12 pairs and they all very quickly went from smooth material to feeling pimples all over the material. Very disappointed. I specifically purchased from an expensive brand expecting a awesome product. Oh well.

Tommy John response

We're sorry to hear this and we will be contacting you to assist.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I have been a loyal fan of Tommy John’s men's briefs for years. I wear the men's briefs and they used to fit perfectly. The last order I made was for 6 pairs, when I tried them on they fit like granny panties! Baggy and loose. I hope they go back to the original sizing…Mark

Tommy John response

That doesn't sound right and we will be reaching out to assist.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I have been wearing Tommy Johns for over a year now and am starting to see a trend. On the cool cotton boxer briefs, the material quickly starts to wear out and fall apart in the bottom of the crotch area. It becomes very thin and see through. This has happened to two pairs now that I have owned for well under a year. The first time, they replaced them. The second time they couldn't because I didn't have an order number. This is becoming a trend and I don't think I will be ordering any more underwear from them as they don't seem to hold up. Same area, same failure, same product. They're comfortable but not durable.

Tommy John response

We are sorry to hear this. We will be reaching out to assist further and make a suggestion for another fabric that should work better for you.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I found the underwear does not fit men with athletic butt. Rides too low in back. Also wore a hole thru on the backside, probably due to the same reason. Have purchased other high end underwear and am much happier with them.

Tommy John response

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we would like to try to get you into something that fits you better. Additionally, we are sorry to hear of the hole, as that should not have occurred. Our team will be happy to assist so please reach out to us at support@tommyjohn.com.

Original review: March 3, 2022

My husband really loves these underwear. The problem is that he has 14 pair of underwear that definitely are not cheap, but have torn around most of the waistband. It’s VERY disappointing. I won’t be buying anymore.

Tommy John response

While we're glad your husband is liking his Tommy John underwear, we're sorry to hear of this issue. That is not typical and our Support Team will be happy to assist. Please send us an email at support@tommyjohn.com.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The Tommy John website will not allow my one star review to submit, so using this site. Purchased the Second Skin bra last year and the material that touches my shoulder blades itches. I do not have sensitive skin and this is the first time I have purchased an itchy bra. Customer service would not refund as claimed but insisted I return it for replacement. During the pandemic I was unable to do this so am stuck with an expensive bra that I cannot wear. Very poor customer service and there's no answer why their material is so itchy.

Tommy John response

We will be reaching out!

Tommy John Company Information