3.5/5 (101 ratings)

About Tommy John

Tommy John Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: April 19, 2022

I have been wearing Tommy Johns for over a year now and am starting to see a trend. On the cool cotton boxer briefs, the material quickly starts to wear out and fall apart in the bottom of the crotch area. It becomes very thin and see through. This has happened to two pairs now that I have owned for well under a year. The first time, they replaced them. The second time they couldn't because I didn't have an order number. This is becoming a trend and I don't think I will be ordering any more underwear from them as they don't seem to hold up. Same area, same failure, same product. They're comfortable but not durable.

Tommy John response

We are sorry to hear this. We will be reaching out to assist further and make a suggestion for another fabric that should work better for you.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I found the underwear does not fit men with athletic butt. Rides too low in back. Also wore a hole thru on the backside, probably due to the same reason. Have purchased other high end underwear and am much happier with them.

Tommy John response

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we would like to try to get you into something that fits you better. Additionally, we are sorry to hear of the hole, as that should not have occurred. Our team will be happy to assist so please reach out to us at support@tommyjohn.com.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

My husband really loves these underwear. The problem is that he has 14 pair of underwear that definitely are not cheap, but have torn around most of the waistband. It’s VERY disappointing. I won’t be buying anymore.

Tommy John response

While we're glad your husband is liking his Tommy John underwear, we're sorry to hear of this issue. That is not typical and our Support Team will be happy to assist. Please send us an email at support@tommyjohn.com.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The Tommy John website will not allow my one star review to submit, so using this site. Purchased the Second Skin bra last year and the material that touches my shoulder blades itches. I do not have sensitive skin and this is the first time I have purchased an itchy bra. Customer service would not refund as claimed but insisted I return it for replacement. During the pandemic I was unable to do this so am stuck with an expensive bra that I cannot wear. Very poor customer service and there's no answer why their material is so itchy.

Tommy John response

We will be reaching out!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I have been purchasing Tommy John for my husband for 2 or 3 years now, and he has loved the comfort of the underwear. However, several pairs of the underwear have ripped at the top seam, and his comfy pants ripped at the knee as well. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but now I firmly believe the underwear is poor quality and just doesn't last. For the price you pay, the underwear should not have to be thrown away after a year or so of use. And to be clear, he doesn't wear them all the time, mainly on weekends, and not at work, so they are not being worn too often. I will not be purchasing Tommy John products again, and I would not recommend them ever again.

Tommy John response

Stephanie, we're terribly sorry to see this & will be sending a message to you!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Dear Tommy John. If you are reading this, then you now know. It's time for us to go our separate ways. We've had our issues in the past...You would try to make it right and I always gave you another chance. But I can't give you chance after chance anymore. My patience has worn out. It's time for us to go our separate ways. In all seriousness I have spent a ton of money on your product and I enjoy wearing them, however, every single pair of underwear I own from Tommy John has ripped in the exact same spot (the perineum area). You've replaced underwear in the past (several times) and even the new ones ripped. I literally have to throw away 6 pairs... Underwear that isn't even a year old... Literally, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Christmas theme underwear all worthless in less than a year. I'm fed up/annoyed/frustrated/done.

Tommy John response

David, we're so sorry to see this & will be sending a message

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I like the comfort and fit of the men's underwear - bought 10-15 pair. However, the material gets prematurely worn out. Every pair has a hole in the crotch area or is about to get a hole (material worn out). These aren't old.. For the price, the quality is poor - I expect more out of the underwear given the price. Buyer beware, I didn't check reviews before my purchase. Otherwise I would have seen the other reviews about poor quality. I won't return for additional purchases from Tommy John, which is unfortunate because I really like the brand/fit.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I love the feel and look of these briefs but I have now had several wear out within 6 months. The crotch area becomes very thin and ends up getting holes. Do not have this problem with other similarly priced brands so not sure what the issue is but will keep me from coming back.

Tommy John response

Terribly sorry to hear this. We'll be in contact!

Original review: July 21, 2021

I had two pairs of Tommy John boxer briefs. Both developed holes in rear in 5-6 months. My wife bought me 2 more because I commented on how comfortable they were. I wish I saw this before purchasing since a lot of people seem to be having same issue. Is there a class action lawsuit? $40 per pair and 5 months lifespan is unreasonable.

Tommy John response

Phil, we'll be reaching out!

Original review: July 4, 2021

My husband saw Tommy John underwear in an ad and HAD to try them. They were absolutely amazing. They felt great, looked great. However, I can't imagine anyone who would be willing to spend that kind of money every few months. The first pair got holes all in the crotch and rear area. I chalked it up to a "faulty" pair and didn't think anything of it. The other three pair have done the same. I cannot, will not, spend my money on this product again and it's a shame, because he loves to wear them.

Tommy John response

We'd like to help, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Tommy John Company Information