3.1/5 (53 ratings)

About Tommy John

Tommy John Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tommy John?

Original review: July 21, 2021

I had two pairs of Tommy John boxer briefs. Both developed holes in rear in 5-6 months. My wife bought me 2 more because I commented on how comfortable they were. I wish I saw this before purchasing since a lot of people seem to be having same issue. Is there a class action lawsuit? $40 per pair and 5 months lifespan is unreasonable.

Tommy John response

Phil, we'll be reaching out!

Original review: July 4, 2021

My husband saw Tommy John underwear in an ad and HAD to try them. They were absolutely amazing. They felt great, looked great. However, I can't imagine anyone who would be willing to spend that kind of money every few months. The first pair got holes all in the crotch and rear area. I chalked it up to a "faulty" pair and didn't think anything of it. The other three pair have done the same. I cannot, will not, spend my money on this product again and it's a shame, because he loves to wear them.

Tommy John response

We'd like to help, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Original review: June 20, 2021

These underwear survived one year (about 20 washes) before falling apart. Multiple holes in the crotch area and unusable. I am bitterly disappointed. I received these as a Christmas present and was very excited at the fit and feel. But who can afford to replace underwear every year?

Tommy John response

Not normal at all, please reach out to us directly for assistance! support@tommyjohn.com

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have been on a search for quality men's undergarments. I got tired of the "big warehouse" brands that are made to fit very well on manikins. There had to be something on the market that didn't have to be pulled down every 10 min. I have tried just about every variant of Tommy John's men's underwear line. They are all very comfortable and don't have to be pulled down nearly as often. Those are the positives. The price is ridiculous and they only last about 5-6 washes before they fall apart. The material breaks apart and leaves lint pieces stuck in any and all creases and cracks down below.

I can see where they were going with these, it is not without some merit. They need to fix one of the two major issues to make these a viable option for most guys. (1) PRICE- The comfort level is better than most men's under garments on the market so if the price wasn't so high it might be worth considering these even though they don't last very long. (2) Longevity - If you want to charge so much for your product you need to make them last more than 6 uses. Tommy John, you can't have it both ways. Either build a great product that lasts and charge accordingly. Or admit that the durability is sacrificed for comfort and the product has a short service. Live and charge accordingly. If either of those happens I will gladly buy your product for me and my entire household.

Tommy John response

Original review: March 20, 2021

I purchased women underwear for X Mas from Tommy John. It does not hold up even though I separate my delicates from my normal wash. I've emailed the company to get my order number and have yet to get a response. They don't hold up to delicate washing cycle!

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear this we'll reach out!

Original review: March 9, 2021

Plain and simple, at $30-35 per pair, Tommy John underwear should last longer. Every pair I have ever had rips or disintegrates in the seat or crotch. Many within a few weeks and only after a few washes (following the washing instructions to a tee). This is a systemic problem with Tommy John products and it has been this way for years. There seems to be no effort on the part of TJ to improve the serious quality issues that they have with their materials and workmanship. These products are a hard pass in the future. No one should waste their money on this company's shoddy products.

Tommy John response

We’ll get to the bottom of this!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I keep getting jock itch. I have tried everything on the market. Nothing works. I own 30 pair of Tommy John that I wear every day. My doctor suggested that I try a different brand of underwear. I did and guess what Jock Itch gone. I guess I have to throw out $900.00 worth of underwear from Tommy John.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

These are the most comfortable undies I've ever worn!! That being said, the quality of the product does not match the price tag. Several pair of a recent gift pack are already fraying on the edges :( making them garbage unfortunately.

Tommy John response

Not acceptable we will reach out to correct!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Updated on 12/10/2021: The pajamas I received were incorrectly sized, and the pants were poor quality. I attempted to resolve the issue within their stated return policy window; however I received an initial response that someone would look into my issue, which never happened. I attempted to follow up a couple of times more, but was eventually offered a small credit, if I purchase another item. Tommy John did not stand by their product, nor have they made any attempt to correct the issue. Their lack of honesty, service and quality should be avoided. There are SO much better and higher value places to shop.

Original: The pajamas are fairly comfortable; however the pants only fit taller men. While I am a less than average 5'7" I have never purchased pants this long in length before. These pajama pants may be good for any man, as long as he is at least 5'10" tall. For anyone less than this, I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Tommy John response

So sorry to hear we'll reach out to make this right!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

My wife responded to a television ad for Tommy John undergarments. She ordered two Women’s Second Skin High Rise Brief 3 Packs. The advertisement stated that she could return the items for any reason whatsoever. It also claimed these briefs would not ride up or roll at the waist, however, they do both and fit poorly. When I requested a return authorization I was asked if they had been washed or worn. My wife always washes her clothes before wearing so I responded yes. She had only tried on a single pair before she knew they weren't going to live up to the hype. The customer service rep informed me that they could only take back items that hadn't been washed or worn. Luckily, she hadn't washed the black pairs, So I was able to get a refund for those two pair, but she is stuck with 4 pair that she will never wear because they do not fit correctly or comfortably.

If you really dig into their return policy it is stated that they will not accept returns for items that have been washed and or worn, however, this is not what they claim in their ads. In fact, my wife spoke to a customer service rep prior to ordering the briefs and was told that she could return them if for any reason she was dissatisfied, at no time was she advised of the specifics of their return policy. Additionally, when the products arrived there was no correspondence of any kind, not even a packing slip. A packing slip with the return policy clearly stated would have saved us a lot of money.

Tommy John response

Hi Paul, we deeply apologize for this. As per our first order guarantee, we do offer a refund on one worn pair of undergarment.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I placed an order on 12/14 - After a few days, I realized the order was still processing. I called customer service, and was told it never got sent over to shipping. Well, once they sent it to shipping, the product was out of stock. I kindly asked that they just refund my money. Simple enough to me, but for Tommy John, it has been a nightmare. This is January 1st, and I am STILL in an email battle to get a refund. They only wanted me to pick something else out, or get store credit. Just be aware before you place an order with them The customer service is now saying it was lost in the mail, when I had already talked to them on the phone, and they clearly stated it NEVER GOT SENT OVER TO SHIPPING. They told me they don't do refunds for lost mail. Well mine wasn't lost in the mail, but merely a case of them dropping the ball on their end. I have purchased so much from Tommy John in the past, but that is coming to an end.

Tommy John response

So sorry to hear this we'll reach out via DM.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Women’s underwear, paid $22 to try a pair and they wore out within 2 washes (followed care instructions). The navy blue underwear become see through and thin and by wash number 5, the waiste band had lost any semblance of elasticity and would not even stay on my hips any longer. This product is garbage!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Purchased black and white underwear. The black are very good - the white poor - After first wash turned yellow and not as stretchy as the black. When I complained they did the usual - 15% discount on a new purchase - given the high pricing that means they give you nothing! I used the credit for more white and same issue 0 turned yellow! Not worth the high price - I notice the advertising on FOX has disappeared - I am thinking this is a one hit wonder - made a hit made some money now disappeared in part since they have few repeat customers. Do NOT buy their products - see the other reviews and overall rating - really bad.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I love the feel of the underwear at the start but the legs rolling and bunching up in the crotch area pinching horribly is an issue. I can’t say that they would all do this but the boxer briefs I have for less than 6 months are not what I was hoping for. For the price per pair I would have expected better qualities. Would I buy more of the same? Not if they all do this. I also have one pair with holes starting to form around waistband (small but there). I hope they can correct the problems. I would love to own the underwear with the quality points Tommy John assures the customer their products will be above other brands. Fingers crossed.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I had such high hopes for these underwear. Purchased a few pairs of the second skin high rise briefs and they are soft, but that is the only positive thing I can say. They say no more wedgies, but I find myself adjusting these all the time. I suppose I could deal with that, but after only a handful of washes (and I am very careful with my laundry) the leg is completely unraveling. They are a mess. For $18 (normally $24) a pair I expected WAY better quality than what was delivered. I will have to continue my search for underwear, these just aren't going to work.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Tommy John's replies are disingenuous. Not normal, sorry? They know darn well their underwear gets holes in the rear. Look at all the similar complaints. The material just wears out. For a product that retails for $34 each they do little to stand up for their product. Oh yeah, the underwear is comfortable and luxurious to the touch but they don't last no matter how you wash them. I have other brands made of a similar blend and I swear one has lasted for over 15years. I have complained to them before and they gave me a 15% discount on one new pair- no thanks, it's the same thing any new customer can get. I have thrown away over 1/2 of the 16 or so pairs I purchased and I think only 2 or 3 of the remaining ones don't have holes...yet. Never again. Very poor customer relations.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

After 2 GENTLE wash cycles my maroon Second Skin boxer briefs develop a hole in the right center areas of the rear panel. Now after the 3rd wash. And this time by hand. I now have a hole on the left side. In the exact same spot. It’s a mirror image of the first hole. Obviously a defect. What are the chances 2 holes would develop at the same spot. Don’t get me wrong. The product is super comfortable it has changed the way I think about underwear. They are just very expensive to only last 3 washes. I don’t know that I can go back to another underwear even after this experience. I really have some thinking to do. Tommy John please fix this problem.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I purchased 12 pairs of TJ underwear. After 3 washings, some of the crotch seams unraveled, despite washing according to instructions. I contacted the company and they replaced 2 pairs. After a few more washings, a number of the others did the same thing. They were definitely the most comfortable underwear I have ever worn; however, for the price, the quality is far below expectations!

Original review: July 24, 2020

When we first purchased Tommy John men’s underwear it was OMG best underwear ever! So we ordered about 13 pair total, insane with the price but the comfort was amazing. They were washed absolutely by the directions down to no fabric softener, don’t wash with any items that have buttons or zippers. When the first pair started to have holes we were astonished. But then within a couple of months four pair had holes in the fabric, not the seams the actual fabric. When we called and sent pictures they replaced ONE pair!! The guarantee is only for ONE pair. Of course, nothing we could do and zero of them are wearable. What we can do is provide you with accurate information so you can make an informed decision and learn from our mistake to purchase. If you want to try them only start with one before you waste hard-earned money.

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear not normal at all. The first order guarantee covers one pair if you are not satisfied. Problems with items such as defects are treated separately. We would love to rectify it, however. We'll be reaching out directly.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased the women's underwear, 7 pair in different styles. They were ok for the first 2 washes then the stitching started to unravel. Washed them on a gentle cycle but still unraveled. I guess the only way to prevent this from happening is to hand wash! For the money I paid for these I would have expected them to last a lot longer. Very disappointed.

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear not normal at all. We'll be reaching out to rectify.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Received a pair of black Large Second skin briefs as a gift from my wife. I could not be happier with the fit and comfort. However after two months they both have developed holes in the rear in the same spots. Price for performance is not good. Probably will not replace them for that reason.

Tommy John response

Very sorry to hear not normal at all. We'll be reaching out to rectify.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Tommy Johns makes the most comfortable men's underwear you can buy, imo. They are super soft and thin. Unfortunately, they are not as durable as some other premium undies. I have a pair that is just outside the one year warranty, which brings me to another positive of TJ. I've returned a couple of orders. The most recent one because a pair developed a hole just a couple of weeks after the warranty expired. Just the same, they were nice and accepted the return. They also took an entire order back when I accidentally ordered the wrong size. They are always friendly to work with and if their underwear were less expensive, I would definitely order more.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I ordered a pair of sleep joggers from Tommy John. Once received, there was a giant logo on the thigh. I wrote a review saying the product pictures and descriptions didn't show what the product actually was. They never posted my review. I tried again and they still did not post the review. I have a hard time believing any of their product reviews on their website are from actual customers. My guess is it is their marketing folks creating these "verified" reviews.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I received eight pairs of second skin underwear for Christmas and after two or three wears, five have developed holes. Seems like this is a consistent problem with this product. Unfortunately, very poor quality.

Original review: April 27, 2020

After much reading I decided to order a pair for myself. I have read what is promised as far as quality in this product and I have the testimonials from consumers. I lack confidence in some of the companies claims as the reviews from customers lead me to believe otherwise. Once I get my delivery and try them I will report back.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought (2) 5 packs of the cool cotton trunks from the Tommy John website on 1/19/20. I never thought in my life I'd be paying $26 per pair of underwear. After a few weeks, the waistband started rolling down. I don't have a big belly (although I'm not skinny either). I bought these because their radio ads tout how the waistband will not roll down. This is completely false. It has happened to most (but not all) of the 10 pairs I bought. In fact, on a couple of them, they are so rolled down that the waistband is folded in half directly out of the dryer and will not come back (although I haven't tried to iron it, which I refuse to do anyway). Additionally, I bought one pair of the "360 Sport Articulated Ankle Sock - Black / 11-14" to try them out because I'm also considering trying Bombas socks. I have size 12 feet. These socks were so small, they slid off my ankle after about 5 minutes. What a waste (waist? LOL) of my hard-earned money.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Underwear pulls up worst than other underwear, I don't wear them, I threw them away. I am not happy with your underwear at all. I wish I wouldn't of bought them. Your advertising is very deceiving. I will never buy your brand again.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Bought $400+ worth of Tommy John. Tried them on and they fit great and material was great. So I proceeded to wash all 13 pairs. After wearing the Second Skin and 360 Sport for a week I realised how uncomfortable they are because they roll up. The 360 had me stop working out to run to the bathroom to pull them down. During cardio they ride up and chafed my legs. The second skin felt great but ride up just walking and got me looking stupid trying to wiggle or pull them down. I contacted their customer service for help but they would only replace 5, not even half. So I am out 13 underwear.. Hope these don't tear up like other customers. Very dissatisfied customer and will not be buying or commending tommy john. Kevin Hart you are a clown for backing this company.

Original review: March 6, 2020

When I first bought Tommy John underwear I thought I loved the comfort and fit, and immediately bought more, only to find that the first couple of times they were washed they had holes in them. The next few pair had holes in them after one washing. Now, after a year or so, I probably have 6 or so pair of Tommy John underwear and maybe one without holes everywhere. POOR QUALITY!!

Tommy John response

Hi Ben so sorry to hear this. We'll reach out to you via private message to rectify this.

Original review: March 3, 2020

They rip after a month and when you contact them they won’t replace them. After about a month they tear and get giant holes. The customer service is horrible and I tried to write a review on the Facebook and the deleted me and blocked me.

Tommy John response

Hi Al so sorry to hear this. We'll reach out to you via private message to rectify this.

Tommy John Company Information