1.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Farm-fresh and sustainable blooms right to your recipient's doorstep. Connecting people to beautifully designed floral experiences and the responsible partners that create them.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

957 The Bouqs Company Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Ordered 3 bunches of sunflowers, and 3 bunches of tulips - total order was about $200. Sunflowers arrived dry and as i picked them out of the box to cut the stems and place in water, the leaves and petals started falling off. The tulips arrived in no better condition. To date, I have thrown out all the flowers as they looked pitiful and all the petals were falling off just making a mess (flowers should last more than 4 days!) Beware, the pictures on the website are no way representative of what you actually receive!

The Bouqs Company response

Hi James, We are sorry about your recent experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is certainly not the level of quality we hold ourselves to. We see that this case has already been resolved by a member of our support team. We will be using this feedback to investigate the quality issues you have mentioned. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions. Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

I would run, not walk away from this brand. I ordered an original bouquet of Asiatic lilies for my aunt's funeral, whom I cannot attend because it's in another state. My family received the bouquet as completely closed buds. When I got in touch with customer service, the person had no empathy whatsoever, and proceeded to say that the bouquet is supposed to arrive that way (as noted in the ad). However, the advertising is very sneaky - despite the ad showing a picture of a full bouquet of flowers, there is a comment at the BOTTOM of the listing, which you may not see if you are ordering from a small device, like a cell phone. It says that the bouquet's flowers will arrive with closed buds.

There are also pages in the website that assure that the flowers coming from florist partners will arrive "In full bloom and arranged to a designer's touch." Mind you, there is no clear designation in the website advertising, as far as which bouquets are coming direct from farm or not. Furthermore, wouldn't a farmer be considered a "florist partner"? Seeing as there are many similar reviews of dissatisfaction, the owners must be aware of the discrepancy, but decline to make a transparent website.

Going back to the customer service rep, he flat out denied helping me in any capacity until I continued to push, and I still didn't receive a refund, only an opportunity to place another order with Bouqs using a credit. What a horrific way to treat a sensitive issue. I may as well mention also, that I had placed an order with Bouqs about a year ago, with the same issue; closed peony buds, however, they never opened and browned. I guess shame on me, for giving the brand another try. I for one, will use the aforementioned credit on myself and run.

Hi Christina,

We're sorry for your frustrating experience during this difficult time. A member of our management team has already reached out to you directly via email regarding this incident. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you have not received the email yet. We will work to ensure this is made right.

Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs

Original review: June 24, 2019

Days ahead of my wife's birthday I ordered 2 dozen roses to be delivered to her at work. Tracking established that the flowers were loaded in the truck first thing on her birthday morning. When she left work for the day (5:00pm) they had not been delivered. I requested they be cancelled and refunded. They get 1 star because they refunded the purchase price, however they said they could not cancel the order. The next day, this time a little before 5:00pm, after spending 2 hot Florida days in the truck, my wife received 2 dozen dead or near dead roses with the card, "to the love of my life." How do you think that went over? Arthur **.

Hi Arthur,
We're so sorry for this recent experience. A member of our management team has already reached out to you via email yesterday without response. If you have not received their email just let us know.

Original review: June 21, 2019

What a rip off! This company sent flowers that looked like they were already almost a week old!!! And charged me $72 bucks to do it. I sent them a photo of the flowers and asked what had happened to my “double the blooms” offer they advertised. They said you had to start with the larger bouquet. No mention of that on their site. I asked for a refund, no response! Stay away from this company.

Hi Mary,
We're sorry for any misunderstanding regarding our recent double blooms promotion. As per the landing page for this promotion: "Select a Deluxe-sized Bouq from our collection and use code 2xroses to only pay the price of an original size." Although an original size was selected and delivered, we'd be happy to have a member of our team revisit your original request. Please look out for an email from our team shortly.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I recently decided to try Bouqs after seeing their Instagram page and liking the bouquets shown on their website. I ordered a bouquet called Summer Style that feature ranunculus and other lovely yellow and pink flowers. While the ad indicated local florists may add their "own interpretation" I did not anticipate getting an arrangement that my local bodega would throw away. For $75, I received 3 orange mums, 3 tiny roses, 3 half dead flowers of unknown origin and greens. It looked NOTHING like the bouquet I ordered and it certainly was not worth anywhere near $75. It wasn't worth $10!

I contacted customer service to absolutely no avail. I was told "The flowers you have now are beautiful and it is summer theme." No, the flowers I have now are not beautiful nor are they particularly summery. In addition, I was supposed to receive 12-15 "blooms". Per my comments above, I received 9, and somehow the greens they stuck in are supposed to count. Needless to say, I'm glad this purchase was for myself and not a gift, otherwise I would have been mortified. I will NEVER use this company again and would not recommend it to anyone. Instead, I will stick with UrbanStems. Much higher quality, accurate representation of their arrangements and far superior customer service. If I could give Bouqs zero stars, I would.

The Bouqs Company response
We can't apologize enough for your recent experience, Shana. We stand behind our product even if the arrangement is coming from a 3rd party florist from our site. A supervisor on our team has already reached out to you. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Sincerely, Scarlett at The Bouqs Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Spent 2 1/2 hours trying to place online order. Chatted with 3 different cs reps because their site wouldn't take me to PayPal to complete the transaction. Finally called and spoke with another, can't seem to fix the problem. Using ProFlowers now.

Hi Cheryl,

We're so sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. We are currently experiencing issues with orders placed with Paypal at this time and are actively investigating this issue. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience it has caused.

Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Pretty expensive for a $5 looking bouquet. I’ve order two bouquets from them now. The first one arrived 3 days after the selected delivery date & mostly dead. After some arguing they gave me a credit for the amount spent. I recently decided to use the credit, the flowers showed up on time, but the blooms that were opened are not fully open and dried out so they won’t open any further, and then half the blooms that aren’t open are all so wilted that they don’t seem to be coming back (followed all instructions that they send with). The pictures of the bouquet on the website showed multiple colors (reds, pink, yellow, orange, white) when ordered it, however there are only mostly pink and then some red. $70 bouquet with shipping, the grocery store sells nicer for less????‍♀️

The Bouqs Company response

We can't apologize enough for your recent experience with us, Sajia. We aim to make gift-giving seamless and reliable and appreciate your feedback. Upon checking our records, your initial order was delayed a day for which credit was provided for the amount of the Bouq since a Groupon code had been used. Nonetheless, we aim to make every experience memorable and will have a member of our team reach out to you directly to see how we can help. Thank you for your patience!

Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I got married yesterday, and placed an order with Bouqs a few months back. Our order was confirmed via email that the flowers would be deliver June 6th, the day before our wedding. On June 6th, only one of the 7-8 bouquets we ordered came. The rest never arrived. We called them repeatedly, and they promised they would arrive by noon on the wedding day. They did not. Extremely disappointed and really put a damper on my wife’s morning. I have many friends getting married this summer, and one who had already placed orders with Bouqs. We ensured they canceled their order and will make sure none of our other friends consider this company. Hopefully we get our money back.

The Bouqs Company response

We can't apologize enough for negatively impacting this very special day, Noah. Although this is an extremely rare occurrence, we will investigate this issue thoroughly and revisit your previous correspondence with us about this. We know how special this day was for you and will work to make this right by you. Please look out for an email from our support team soon.

Scarlett @ The Bouqs Co.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Hello, I wanted to let you know how gorgeous the arrangement was that I sent to my daughter for her birthday. The colors were vibrant and the flowers full and hardy-looking. I had received a double bouquet for Mother's Day from my daughter that lasted two weeks! I have never received such gorgeous blooms and had any fresh flower stay so healthy and full. Thank you for using the farmers who provide such beauty.

The Bouqs Company response
Hi Cindy, Yay! We are so glad you and your daughter have enjoyed your recent Bouqs! Thank you for sharing the #Bouqlove.

Sincerely, Scarlett @ The Bouqs Co.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Purchased a bouquet of peonies from and have never been more disappointed in the quality of flowers or customer service!!! Received them on May 30th and a week later they look just as terrible as when they arrived and! There are buds that didn’t even bloom - they just turned brown. Asked for a refund on my $60+ purchase and was told the flowers only last 2-3 days after delivery...I’m so glad I wasted my hard earned money on a crappy bouquet of birthday flowers for myself.

Hi Ashlie,

We're so sorry to hear about this recent experience. Although peonies do have a shorter lifespan once bloomed compared to other flowers, it does look like most of the arrangement did not properly bloom. We are in the business of making special occasions memorable and would love another opportunity to make this right for you. Please look out for an email from our support team soon!

Scarlett @ The Bouqs