3.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Bouqs Company is an online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. We connect farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupt the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

640 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased the Always Grand with Signature Vase for my girlfriend who lives across the country and I was so embarrassed to find that rather than sending a bouquet, they sent 3 dozen roses smashed into a small box with a vase that was too small to even hold the three dozen roses! I was so embarrassed, not only for myself, but for my girlfriend. I could only imagine the look on her face when she realized the box was flowers and all of the petals were basically in the box instead of intact on the stems. I would either like a refund or for a proper bouquet to be sent to her.

Hi Katt,

We are so sorry to hear that the flowers didn't arrive as expected. All of our Grand Bouqs, are separated into 3 bunches to be able to fit the whole arrangement safely in the one box it arrives in. However, the petals should have been on the stems and not in the box. This is not the quality of service that we hold ourselves to and someone from our team will be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My daughter sent me the roses for my birthday. Some were falling apart before I even took them out of the box. When I did take them out both petals and leaves fell off, leaving a pile on the floor. I put the remaining roses (maybe half of them) in a vase after preparing them as indicated. Those lasted 3 days. I contacted the company and heard nothing. Save your money or try FTD.

Hi Patricia,

We're so sorry to hear that your flowers didn't arrive as expected and appreciate you sharing this with us. This is not the level of service that we hold ourselves to and we'll be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I ordered the Deluxe Magnetic Bouq to be delivered to my 86 year old grandmother in Florida for her birthday and Thanksgiving. Her birthday is Friday, November 23 so I had them delivered today Wednesday, November 21. She texted me to say thank you for the flowers and then sent me pictures. The Magnetic Bouq should have had sunflowers, roses, and spider mums. She sent me a picture of ugly green foliage that didn't appear to have any flowers in it. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I told her not to worry, I would contact Bouqs and they would make it right. However, my experience with customer service went much worse than I expected. I talked to customer service and asked to have a Christmas themed Bouq sent instead since they couldn't be delivered until next week.

I asked for the Deluxe Very Merry Bouq to be sent. However, I was informed the Very Merry Bouq was valued at $2 more than the Magnetic Bouq, so they would need to charge me the difference of $2. After the inconvenience and disappointment of sending the wrong Bouq and my grandmother not having flowers for her birthday or Thanksgiving, could they not waive the $2? Does that seem like an unrealistic expectation or request? I am shocked they even asked me to pay the difference-they should have offered without hesitation.

Seems like extremely poor customer service and a great way to make sure I never order flowers from them again. They had an opportunity to make a poor situation positive and make things right. I would have been perfectly happy, even though my grandmother didn't get flowers for her birthday. I would have been happy they tried, as I understand sometimes mistakes happen. Instead, they chose to make a poor situation even worse. I highly suggest customer service training for all Bouqs employees or this company is not going to survive. I do not recommend purchasing flowers from Bouqs.

Hi Rebecca,

We are so sorry to hear about this experience and how things were handled, especially in light of your Grandmother's 86th Birthday. We absolutely appreciate this honest and detailed feedback. The ball was certainly dropped here and therefore someone from our team will be contacting you shortly to make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I ordered a set of flowers for my Thanksgiving setup. The company gives you three options on sizes and prices. I ordered the middle set of flowers. Well I was super excited to get my order. When they arrived I was mortified!!!! The flowers look dead already! They were wrapped incorrectly. The middle size order that cost an additional $25 was the smallest order of flowers I've ever seen! My local grocery store has a bigger selection and bouquets then what I received. So I had to go buy a very small vase, cut the stems so it could fit. The middle size bouquet fit in a 12 oz $1 vase! Very disappointed.

Hi Patricia,

We are so sorry that your flowers did not arrive as expected for your Thanksgiving décor and appreciate you sharing this with us. The flowers do not look like a deluxe sized Bouq and this is a mistake on our end, therefore we'll be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

My first order from Bouqs was for my mother for Mother’s Day. It arrived three days after Mother’s Day - definitely not okay. The company was very apologetic and issued me a refund and stated that there was a credit in my account. I gave them a second chance and ordered my boss a bouquet for delivery on a special day. The not only was the “credit” not on my account (thank goodness for coupon codes - they aren’t cheap!), the order never arrived. When I contacted customer service, the email reply stated that “it isn’t feasible” to guarantee delivery for the day specified. What? What is the point of ordering from them, then? If I order from FTD, I know that they will have it there at least on the day it was requested to be delivered. Ridiculous - are you guys serious with that? “Hey, honey, I know it’s March now, but I ordered you flowers for Valentine’s Day...”

The email went on to say that I should let them know right away if my order was “delayed”. Does customer service even read emails? The order wasn’t just delayed - it didn’t arrive! At all! Listen, I understand that things happen - that’s why I gave Bouqs a second chance. There won’t be a third. Save your money and time and order from somewhere that actually gets it there when it matters - the moment is gone, and they ruined that for me and my boss, as well as for my mother the first time I tried them.

Hi Misty,

We truly sorry to hear this. Both experiences are certainly unacceptable and we can't apologize enough. We realize that the timing is just a important as the flowers and so in addition to a refund, someone will be following up in a private message to make it right. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Ava @The Bouqs Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I ordered the Hermosa bouquet specifically for the coral flowers (recipients favorite color). Nowhere in the item description did it state that the flowers may be a different color. Additionally, there were not 24 stems in the received bouquet. There were EIGHT stems. I paid for the Deluxe bouquet, and do not appreciate being scammed. The item I ordered is not what was delivered, in color or quantity. Had I known the item would be a completely different color, I would have ordered a different item. I am extremely upset and unhappy. I do not recommend this company, and will never do business with them again.

Hi Kristin,

We are truly sorry about this experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We dropped the ball here and someone from our Team will be reaching out shortly.

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2018

Thank you for your response Ava. I was able to email directly with Ariana, and she was able to change my very frustrating experience into a positive and pleasant one by showing empathy, correcting the situation, and being kind. I highly suggest giving her a promotion and a raise. I work in quality assurance for a living and constantly judge how agents handle customer's experiences. She did an exceptional job! I would hire someone like her time and time again. Not only did she correct the situation, but she went above and beyond to change my mind about your company. That is very hard to do with me since I am a very stubborn person. Thank you Ariana for making things right and taking the time to help.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Received horrible looking flowers. The company tried to claim it was just the guard petals. It was more than that! All the leaves fell off dried and dead when I put them in the vase! The rose petals all fell off after a few days! I let them know and they basically told me I was wrong. I tried using them for that $40 credit promotion and paid the $20 for shipping. I could have gotten better flowers from my local grocery store for less than $20! I do NOT recommend them to anyone! Their customer service blaming me for the flowers did not help anything either! Stay away! Buyer beware!

Hi Kelli,

We're so sorry that you were disappointed with the appearance of your Bouq and appreciate you sharing this with us. This is not the quality of service we hold ourselves to and will be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Apparently when you tell them you want flowers to arrive on a specific day, you should expect them to arrive late. I ordered flowers for my mom's 50th birthday and my parent's 31st anniversary. These are two very big and important events in our household and we bought three sets of flowers to help make it special. Two were supposed to deliver today on her birthday and one tomorrow for their anniversary. The two both had dates that say Deliver on 11/14 by 8 pm on the tracking site. 8 pm was later than we wanted but we accepted it. At 7:40 pm it went back to the FedEx facility and never arrived at our house. I am EXTREMELY upset. They apparently were on the FedEx truck all day, and went back with them to the facility!!!

This was a big birthday and we were excited to send these flowers because they were a part of a big surprise we had for her. But they never arrived. We are all so disappointed and definitely will NEVER use Bouqs again. What's the point of setting a delivery date if it's not going to ACTUALLY deliver?? I emailed their customer service and all they could say was it's on its way and here's 10% off. I DON'T WANT 10% OFF. When I emailed back, they never responded. I just want my mom to have her flowers tonight! Extremely disappointed!!

Hi Stephanie,

Our sincerest apologies for this experience and how things we handled. We realize that timing is as important as the flowers themselves and we can't apologize enough for missing such a special birthday for your Mom and Anniversary for your parents. So in addition to a refund, we will be following up in a private message to try and make things right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Ordered the grand bouquet of 30 stems costing $78. Received 3 separate bundles which look like something you get from a grocery store but of less quality, they were half dead and stems were dried up and blackish on the bottom. Contacted customer service who said they would have someone review the pictures I provided, magically they responded in literally 1 minute (how is that even possible?) saying the flowers are fine and they need to be cut and in a few days they will revive.

I cut the stems about 2 inches up from the bottom and upon inspection, many were still dried up that far up the stem! By the way, this was for my wife's birthday and in no way shape or form does it say on their website that the flowers need a few days to revive. The picture of what I ordered on their site shows a beautiful well put together bouquet of flowers, which apparently are supposed to be cut the day of the order and sent "farm fresh". This is obviously NOT true. Now this will make you laugh, included in one of the bundles I received is literally a wooden stick/rod with a flower tied/strapped to it. WTF is that? I am happy to provide pictures! Needless to say, I've disputed the charge with Amex. I will never buy flowers online again, been burned way too many times.

Hi Carl,

We're so sorry your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sending photos. All of our Grand Bouqs, are separated into 3 bunches to be able to fit the whole arrangement safely in the one box it arrives in. Regarding the succulents, since they do not have stems of their own, we add the stick to simulate a stem so when arranged in the Bouq, the succulents can stand up and out while the stick is camouflaged.

Our Bouqs are cut farm fresh in bud form and in need a trim and water once they arrive. This way, the recipient can enjoy the flowers their entire vase life. We realize they may seem underwhelming at first, but many of our customers are amazed by how they bloom! We hope this helps!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The amazing showstopper arrangement that I ordered apparently was a showstopper because it was so lacking in flowers and in resemblance to what I ordered. Unless this company makes it right I will be blasting this everywhere on any social media I can. This arrangement looks nothing like the hundred-dollar bouquet I ordered.

Hi Shannonrae,

We are so sorry that your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sharing this with us. This is not the level of service that we hold ourselves to and we'll be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My son sends me flowers for my birthday and sometimes at Christmas. Sometimes the flowers are pretty, but sometimes they arrive (I live in Florida they look half dead). Recently as of Nov 7th 2018 I receive flowers from Bouqs and they did not look healthy and look even worse on the second day after I took them out, cut them off, got rid of more leaves and changed the water with the other packet they sent to keep the flower fresh. I think that he is wasting his money on the flowers that come from here. I normally do not bash companies on their reviews but I decided to tell the truth about the orders of what could be very pretty flowers. And I love getting flowers. I am very sad that they do not look good when received or last.

Hi Sandra,

We are so sorry about the Bouqs you have received. We appreciate you bringing this rare experience to our attention as this is certainly not the level of quality and service we hold ourselves to and we'd like to make things right. We will follow up in private message to gather a few details about your flowers so we can provide a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Bought a discount coupon on LivingSocial after going to the company’s website - wanted to get orchids for my daughter in law’s birthday. After purchasing voucher, found out selection was limited to a few choices and no orchids. Almost impossible to get refund and ended up buying orchids for her elsewhere and a cheap bouquet of tulips for my wife for Thanksgiving.

Hi Lee,

We are so sorry for the confusion with the Living Social coupon deal and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. Anytime you are having trouble with any part of our service we'd like to hear from you as soon as possible so we can resolve things promptly. In the meantime, someone from our team will be following up in a private message to make things right.

Ava @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I am disgusted with this company. I’ve ordered 3 times, nothing got delivered on time. Most recently, I placed an order this week for my best friend who had premature twins weighing less than 2 pounds and even after speaking with a supervisor, nothing got delivered. I paid extra for next day delivery too! I’ve been waiting 4 days from the original delivery date and at this point I am just so beside myself and upset. Thanks Bouqs! You’re totally unreliable! Never ordering from here again.

Hi Rose,

This experience is certainly unacceptable. We can't apologize enough for missing the moment to cheer up your friend at this time. In addition to a refund, someone from our team will be reaching out in a private message to make this right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

The first time I ordered from Bouqs, I ordered two bouquets for two separate people. One of them had the wrong colours than advertised which I let go. However, the other bouquet was completely dead on arrival. The recipient was home when they arrived, it was a particularly hot day, and she has such a green thumb that if anyone could resurrect these flowers, it would be her. Alas, they were too far gone. They were in such awful condition, she wrote to me to tell me kindly and that I shouldn’t waste my money. I was given a coupon for my next order. I figured I would give the company another chance.

This time, again, the bouquet looked nothing like the photos. There were less blooms than ordered. I understand that it is an unpredictable industry but if you don’t have the product someone orders you need to give the options of: the customer choosing a different bouquet, the customer cancelling the order, or the customer postponing the order until the correct flowers can be sourced. The correct bouquet was never sent and instead I was given a $5 off coupon which is just a sneaky way for them to try to get me to waste another 80$. So disappointed as I wanted to find a company similar to Organic Bouquet which has ** done but had excellent flowers and customer service, something The Bouqs clearly lacks.

Hi Alycia,

We are sincerely so sorry to hear about this experience. It certainly does not reflect the level of quality and service on which we pride ourselves. While it may be too little too late, someone from our team will be reaching out to you via email to seek a resolution that will hopefully make things right with you. Thank you so much for your valued feedback.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Great quality, clear instructions on what to do. The flowers they picked looked great and smelled great. If someone is looking for unique flowers I would pick them. All of the flowers were beautiful. We had plenty of extras. Only one or two of the Snapdragons were unusable. The rest of the flowers were amazing, and again we had plenty extra.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I wanted to send my girlfriend some flowers for her birthday but after reading a bunch of really bad reviews on other flower delivery services, I was scared I couldn't find a good place to order the flowers from. Fortunately I found Bouqs and the experience with them has been great. Their customer service was really friendly and helpful, and the flowers that I ordered arrived exactly on the date and in perfect condition. They have a great selection of flowers that are sustainably grown, plus the fact that some of their bouquets are imported from Colombia (home country) made me even more satisfied with the purchase. If I ever have to order flowers again, it will definitely be from them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I bought the Brilliant Bouq in the original size for my husband's birthday. It arrived as scheduled and is absolutely perfect, just as pictured and so beautiful! He loves them! They are very fragrant and just lovely! We will definitely be using The Bouqs for future floral needs!

Hi Beth,

We're so glad to hear that your husband enjoyed his birthday Bouq. I hope we continue to wow you with your future Bouqs. Thank you for sharing!

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I purchases a Farmer's set for my mother in law was under the impression she would get a mix of flowers after paying $60 with shipping. She received 1 kind of flowers. When I called customer service to complain the lady hung up on me. MAYBE I CAN GET A MANAGER'S ATTENTION NOW...

Hi Sasha,

We are so sorry about the disappointed and confusion you experienced with your Farmer's Choice Bouq as well as for the way it was handled. We'd like to improve your experience and therefore someone from customer support will be following up with you to make things right. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My boyfriend ordered the Inspiration floral arrangement. When I received the arrangement I was so excited because I have seen the floral arrangements on The Bouqs website. When I opened the grand floral arrangement 3 roses were wilted and 1 didn’t bloom and 1 just fell off and crumbled. Several mini calla lilies were bent. At the end I was disappointed because The Bouqs company claims to have fresh flowers and the Inspiration arrangement looks amazing on the site. The floral arrangement I received had great potential, had all the roses bloomed and all the mini calla lilies weren’t bent. I called The Bouqs company and they did refund the money and apologize that the Inspiration floral arrangement didn’t meet The Bouqs standards.

Hi Toni,

We are so sorry that your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sharing this with us. We are glad that the Support Agent handled this incident to your satisfaction. However, this is not the level of service that we hold ourselves to and we'll be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I attempted to use the Bouq's to send my boyfriend's mom flowers for her birthday in September. The flowers never arrived. The Bouq's offered to send replacement flowers and I agreed. Those flowers never arrived. At that point I gave up on the flowers and took them up on their offer of a refund. No refund appeared on my account. I contacted customer service after the suggested waiting period, and they claimed the refund had been processed Oct 2 (several days earlier). I then contacted PayPal to see if they had any record of a refund. They did not and filed a dispute on the charge on Oct 19. The Bouq's has not responded to this as of Oct 24.

I would NEVER recommend this company. I have never experienced customer service like this. Not only did they fail to deliver flowers on time, they failed to deliver the replacements as well. They seem completely unbothered by the fact that the flowers were never sent and seemed to think the refund was my problem to sort out. Seriously, use any other company - especially if you actually need the flowers or don't want to have to fight to get your money back!

Hi Megan,

This experience is certainly unacceptable and we can't apologize enough. We realize that missing a special occasion is more than just the money spent so in addition to a refund, we will be following up in a private message to try and make things right.

Ava @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I ordered flowers for my Mom's 80th birthday. They arrived on her birthday and only a few buds were open. Over the last 6 days it has been like a new bouquet each day as more buds open and different colors are revealed. I have no problem recommending this company.

Hi Lori,

We are so happy to hear that your Mom has been enjoying her Bouq for many days since its arrival. We hope she continues to enjoy it. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Ava @The Bouq Co.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We purchased a bouquet for Bosses Day 2018. I chose these particular flowers because they state they would arrive by October 16th by 3:00 PM. Well, the day goes by - it is finally 5 minutes past 3:00 PM and no flowers have arrived. So I now have to tell my boss that I did get her something but apparently it wasn't going to be there on time. No only did the flowers arrive late but they also looked absolutely AWFUL! I wish I never came across these "farm fresh" flowers. It was an utter embarrassment for myself and coworkers.

Hi Amber,

This is experience is certainly unacceptable and we can't apologize enough. We realize missing such a special occasion is more than just the money spent and so someone from our team will be following up in a private message to try and make things right.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Flowers were dry and falling off the stems. The bouquet was sent as a thank you for providing home cooked meals for a friend following the birth of her first baby. I did not tell the friend as it was not her fault. I put the Bouqs card aside and just now decided that they would probably want to know if one of their providers was not doing a proper job.

Hi Helen,

We are so sorry about your flowers, especially as they were a thank you for being a kind and generous friend. We appreciate you sharing this with us. It's certainly not the level of quality of service we hold ourselves and someone from our team will be reaching out in a private message to make things right.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The Flowers I ordered were gorgeous. I was thrilled I could order from a sustainable Farmer in California. Using The Bouqs site I was able to review the product and information on the farmer, as well as delivery options. I was kept well informed on the delivery, which arrived on time! Absolutely will order again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This company is a complete joke. They market themselves as flowers delivery fresh. The flowers were dead on arrival, and the packaging looked as if a kindergarten student had done them. Save yourself money and either pick them up at a shop yourself, or choose a company that actually cares about the product. If I could rate them zero stars, I would.

Hi Josh,

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I recently attempted to use Bouqs to send flowers to my wife during a very difficult and stressful time. I ordered online, filled out all the necessary details, and wrote a very personal note to be attached to the delivery. I needed to communicate something specifically, something significant. Any other husbands relate? Unfortunately, upon delivery, the only note that was a attached was a note directing my wife to contact customer service for details. She didn't even know that that they were sent from me. Isn't this flower delivery 101?! Anyway, the whole ordeal is regretful. Despite their marketing, when it really matters, I wouldn't use Bouqs. Call a local florist. Speak to someone directly and communicate expectations clearly. Lesson learned.

Hi Patrick,

We can't apologize enough for missing this special moment to help lift your Wife's spirits during a stressful time with your encouraging words. We dropped the ball on this and someone from our team will be following up with you shortly to try to make things right.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Bouqs isn't really a great value from the start but for fresh flowers straight from the farm it made an appealing offer. When the flowers arrived however they were dying, smashed, or broken. I would not have purchased these for any amount of money from the store. They were ready for the garbage dump. What a waste of money. Save your time and money and go to a local store where you can see what you are buying and don't have to rely on the package handling abilities of FedEx.

Hi Adam,

We're so sorry you were disappointed with the appearance of your Bouq. Please know if you are ever unhappy with your Bouq or any aspect of our service, we'd like to hear from you as soon as possible so we can resolve things promptly. We would like to make up for this incident and as such, one of our team members will be reaching out shortly via email.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

One of the best products I’ve ever ordered. I have a monthly subscription and I am always amazed that the flowers delivered always show up looking better than advertised. Also the life span of the flowers is unmatched by any other company I have ever used. I upgrade every order to grand and literally cover my house in flowers.

Hi Rob,

We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your subscription and the full Bouq experience. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Ava @The Bouqs Co.

P.S. Wow! Your home must look amazing with covered with Bouqs at every turn! ;)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Amazing quality and just all around awesome customer service! Highly recommend and will definitely be ordering from them all the time now! So I just wanna say thank you so much for everything and keep up the amazing work!!

Hi Steve,

It makes our day to make your day and help in any way we can. We hope to continue to make you smile through future Bouqs. Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I ordered flowers from The Bouqs Company on October 9, 2018 for my daughter's wedding, to be delivered on Thursday, October 11, 2018. Only half of the flowers were delivered on October 11, 2018. As a result I purchased replacement flowers the morning of October 12,2018. The remaining flowers were delivered later in the day on October 12, 2018, but they were crushed and dead. When I contacted the company about the issue, all they would do is offer a replacement bouquet or a credit for half the amount I had previously paid for the crushed flowers. It seems crazy that if I do not get the flowers that I paid for and ordered that I would want another bouquet from the same company. Please read the company terms and conditions. They do not give refunds. They take your money and if the product is unsatisfactory, you have no recourse. Order flowers from this company at your own risk!

Hi Becky,

We are truly sorry for the disappointment you experienced especially on the occasion of your daughter's wedding and for the way it was handled. We realize that missing a special occasion is more than the money spent and so in addition to the refund that was issued, we will be following up in a private message to try and make things right.

The Bouqs Company Information