2.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Bouqs Company is an online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. We connect farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupt the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

834 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Will never be using their services again. Placed an order and they left my wife flowerless on Valentine’s Day. Many delayed responses later their customer service informed me that they “dropped the ball here” (their words not mine). They said “Please let us make this up to you” then failed to compensate the customer for THEIR mistake. When shopping, shop elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I got information saying this was an excellent flower operation which was a joke. My white roses had brown pedals and half of the other fillers had the heads broken off. It was the worst flowers I have ever ordered. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. The one thing I will give them credit for is my delivery was on the day they promised but I paid $28.00 for the fee for delivery which was a big mistake.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Sent my wife flowers from The Bouqs for Valentine's Day. I ordered with plenty of time before the holiday. My wife received a very sad looking bouquet made up primarily of green-leaved sprigs, and two giant succulents, one of which was broken. This looked absolutely nothing like the bouquet I ordered. I reached out to their customer service email with pictures and they told me they would send a replacement bouquet...

Sorry, but Valentine's Day is almost over, not exactly going to have the same impact on the wife. I said, "No thanks, just a refund since this is not what I ordered." They have since been pushing me to accept the "promotional credit" and refuse to issue a refund of any amount. I do not intend to use the company again so a credit is useless to me. Please, do not use this company. If I wanted green weeds for $100 I'd go pluck them from the gutter and have $100 freaking dollars to spend on one unbelievable vase.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This was my son's first Valentine's day away from me, his mother, and our family. Although he is away at college and money is tight he thought enough of me to send roses. I was so excited that my son surprised me but I was so disappointed with the bouquet that I received from Bouqs.com I reached out to Bouqs.com to express my disappointment (with pictures ) and was told this was a normal process for roses... I don't think so.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I decided to order off the Bouqs website for Valentine's Day. Instead of waiting for the shipping and the flowers possibly being late, I canceled later that (same day) day Feb 12, 2019. I contacted Bouqs on different days and times and asked about the refund of my order and they stated it was voided on their side. I have not received any flowers or my money back, date is now Feb 19, 2019. They told me to contact my bank. The bank shows no pending deposit and told me to reach out to the third party (Bouqs).

I will never order from this company again. It’s such a hassle for a return and nobody can give me an update on my refund. No type of consumer support over the phone and emails are worthless. Then they want you to give a survey. If I receive my money back then I might give a good survey, but until then don’t expect one. I will be going to every review board to get the word out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I ordered flowers for my sick sister, to encourage her to continue fighting cancer. The flowers arrived in a smashed box, some flowers dead, roses had brown spots. When contacted, the company first said that flowers would take a few days to open and look beautiful. I sent pictures of brown flowers and then they offered to send a new bouquet. I just asked for a refund. Will never order again, don't waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Received flowers on Valentine’s Day. The box was damaged. When wife opened box the flowers had no water or any way to stay fresh. Flowers were already starting to turn brown and starting to wilt. I wrote company and got no help. Only offer was 20% off next order which is ironic because they included a 20% coupon in box with flowers. To prove my point I forwarded a picture but no response. Will not buy from this company again. Poor product and poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

This was my second purchase from Bouqs. I was very pleased with my first order - beautifully packaged, high quality flowers. I recommended Bouqs to several friends and family. My second order did not go so smoothly. The flowers that were shipped were not what I ordered! My order details clearly specify the “tropical” arrangement, but the FedEx label, box and packing slip all say my wife received the “charisma” arrangement. The tropical arrangement was supposed to be a prelude to our upcoming trip to Hawaii and my note followed this theme. It did not really make sense with the Easter flowers that were actually shipped.

Well mistakes happen and I assumed that Bouqs would immediately make this right. Boy was I in for a surprise. The first surprise is that they apparently do not have a customer service phone number. I had to email Bouqs, which I did, explaining the shipping error in detail. I quickly received a reply - a form reply - apologizing for the condition of the flowers and asking that I send pictures so they could review with the grower. So I again explained that there was nothing wrong with the condition of the flowers, but the wrong flowers had been sent.

Back came the reply asking for pictures - so I sent the FedEx tracking detail which includes in the reference field the wrong merchandise, and the packing slip which specified the wrong merchandise, and a picture because they apparently couldn’t figure out their error based on their own records. I also asked that they make this situation right by shipping the correct flowers AND refunding my original purchase. It seemed like a reasonable request and what any high end merchant would do to make things right.

It’s now almost 5 hours later, and 5 emails from me later. Still no apology. Bouqs is apparently now shipping the correct flowers but seems to think that eventually doing what they were supposed to do originally is a good enough resolution. The customer service is just awful - clearly offshore support by someone for whom English is not their first language. Even worse - it is someone that is clearly not empowered to do what is needed to make things right but instead can only push out form responses and take limited action.

I have gone through the reviews on this website. Lots of happy customers, and if Bouqs can manage to deliver what you ordered on time, then you too will be satisfied. However, I can’t recommend a company that treats customer support as an afterthought. Not having a live customer service support phone line is a big deal. Perhaps if their email support was fast and superior it would be forgivable. My experience is it is neither. Moreover, my situation should have been promptly elevated to a supervisor to make sure it was resolved to my satisfaction. Instead Bouqs has agents that are apparently not trained to think like that, and does not approach these types of situations as opportunities to make someone a customer for life.

I also saw lots of posts by unhappy customers - many followed by posts by “Elaine” from Bouqs and a suggestion that some kind of resolution was underway. It shouldn’t require a customer to make a public complaint for Bouqs to want to resolve it. From my standpoint it will take a lot more now for Bouqs to resolve this in a satisfactory manner than if they did what they should have done to begin with and without making me jump through hoops. Bottom line - be careful here since if something goes wrong you will likely have a hard time getting it fixed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I tried them out for the 1st time for my mother for Valentine's Day. Just because and I had to complain on 3 different occasions because each time the flowers was delivered they didn't look like the picture and was dead the next day and every time I complain they want to do a store credit but after 3 times of trying and the same result I just want a refund of my money and no credit. My mom was disappointed each time and we're fed up.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I paid an extra $9 fee to have Valentine's Day flowers delivered on a Saturday. It's Tuesday now, and the flowers still haven't arrived, because they've been stuck in New Jersey for three days without any explanations given. The flowers I carefully chose for my SO are probably wilting as I type this. When I asked customer service about it, they simply replied: "I apologize for the confusion. The order has just been placed and the tracking will be sent right before the order will be shipped out. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let us know as we are always happy to help."

Because I had lots of questions and concerns, I asked, what that response even freaking meant, and that I'd at least like my extra $9 fee back, since I paid a premium to get it delivered by a certain date. I also asked for a phone number because they don't have a number you can call, instead, you're forced to deal with these disjointed and mechanical customer service emails, which ironically have a meaningless "100% Happiness Guarantee" stamp at the bottom. I haven't received a response to my simple request in over nine hours. It's unlikely that I'll ever use this company again unless they clean up the mess they threw at me and then some. 100% Happiness Guarantee, what a joke.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

As of this comment we still have not received the order (**) I placed on 6 Feb for delivery on my wife’s Birthday which happens to be Valentines Day, 14 February... FEDEX says based on the following tracking number (**) no shipment has entered their system as of 19 February... Repeated emails to the customer care person assigned to help us has yielded a refund of the ($12) shipping fee, but still no flowers... As I said in my earlier comments to customer care, using other floral delivery services, I have not missed my wife’s Birthday/Valentines Day in over 20 years... After hearing their ad on the radio and viewing their selection on their website I decided to give them a chance. I can see now that was not a good idea. I am now putting their “backed by our 100% HAPPINESS Guarantee” slogan to the test. I am requesting a full refund be returned to my payment method in their system, immediately...

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I placed an order for delivery on Valentine's Day. After a few days, the FedEx status still indicated label created but not shipped. During this whole time, no communication about the delay or they could not fulfilled the order. When I followed up, the rep indicated they would make it up to me and by that, it means to refund my money only. The rep wrote they understand that it is a bit disappointing on my part, which is an understatement. I wrote back and complained and the 2nd rep apologized and provided me a 10% discount to reorder the flowers that they said they couldn't fulfill but charged my credit card for (by the way, I received an order confirmation). When I placed the original order, I had a discount code that equivalent to about 70%.

I suspect that Bouqs never intended to honor the order in the first place because the code that I obtained through Fandango provided such a deep discount. They charged my credit card anyway but never communicated they couldn't placed the order. This whole thing just seems shady to me. Last but not least, while the rep offered me a 10% discount code as a compensation of the missed order, it is far from the 70% discount I was offered and used to place my order. In addition, The Bouqs website is currently offering a 20% discount on all flowers, so providing me a 10% discount code is a joke. I think the company thinks they can again and again try to take advantage of the customers, hoping the customers just don't pay enough attention that they are being ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ordered my wife flowers for Valentine’s day. I was excited because of the subscription option as I buy my wife flowers pretty regularly. I purposely bought my wife the Grand option of red roses with a mix of other flowers. It was described as being 36 mixed stems delivered on the 14th of February delivered to my wife’s work. The roses arrived a day late on the 15th. Also the bouquet that did arrive was 18 red roses, with no other mixed flowers in the bunch. My wife had taken Friday the 15th off of work for a weekend getaway. She unfortunately didn't even see the flowers until Monday the 18th when they were already beginning to brown. The arrangement that did arrive seemed to be of decent quality based on the picture my wife’s coworker sent when they arrived. However, since they arrived late and spent three days unattended in a hot office building I guess we will never know for sure.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered a "Tropical Love" bouquet from a farm in Quito, Ecuador to be delivered to my husband's office on Valentine's Day. According to FedEx tracking, the flowers were shipped on Monday, to be delivered at 10:30 am on Thursday, February 14. I was curious as to whether flowers from an exotic locale that is a considerable distance away could really arrive fresh and on time, particularly knowing that Valentine's Day is such a busy time of year for flower deliveries. I can't believe what a success this was! My husband was so surprised and touched, because who orders flowers for their husbands on Valentine's day? And despite heavy rains, the package was delivered at exactly 10:28 am on February 14.

The arrangement is perfect for a man - not overly feminine, with vibrant, tropical foliage - the colors are absolutely gorgeous. He kept the bouquet at his office until the weekend, then brought them home. They are placed beside a floral arrangement my husband got for me on Valentine's Day. 4 days later, the flowers in the other bouquet are beginning to wilt, but the Bouqs one is still fresh. I love that the Bouqs flowers are sustainably grown and cut fresh at the farm only when they are ordered. I would certainly order from Bouqs again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Admittedly, I waited until the day before to do so. I looked at some of the other services, but decided to try one I never had before - Bouqs.com. I received an email that the flowers could not be delivered because nobody was there to accept them, or that the business was closed. After calling FedEx several times, and receiving multiple calls from FedEx, I resolved the issue myself. Bouqs did not put the proper suite number on the label (it was correct on the order).

Before I contacted FedEx, I contacted Bouqs. 24 hours later, they finally responded and simply said "I have checked on your order and see that the package is delivered." This only happened because I fixed the issue myself. I exchanged a few more messages with the "customer service" rep, and not once did I ever get an apology for the inconvenience they had caused. Had I not resolved the issue myself, the flowers would not have been delivered until the following day. I was not looking for anything free, I simply wanted the company to acknowledge the poor experience I had.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers to arrive a couple of days after Valentine's day. They arrived two days after the delivery date and were all dead. First time buying from Bouqs, hope this isn't the norm. But for me, a really bad experience since now my wife is upset.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Purchased $93 worth of flowers for my wife for Valentine's day. Because I was sending them to her office, I made it a point to confirm with Bouqs that the delivery time was "before 5:00pm", they assured me that was correct. It wasn't. The flowers arrive at around 6:00pm after the office was closed. Unfortunately, my wife wasn't working Friday so she drove back to the office, about 45 minutes each way, to pick them up. When she opened them, she found and strange note from Mike to Joe. My wife's name is not Joe, and it wasn't the note I wrote. Pretty disappointing Valentine's. I asked for my money back and Bouqs offered me a 10% discount on a future order. Needless to say, I didn't find that acceptable. Beware when ordering from Bouqs.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I wanted to love this company, it's in line with our beliefs, unfortunately, I ordered the grand size Showstopper (over $100) for Valentine's Day and it wasn't as pictured. The succulents were green instead of pinkish (also had only two instead to three). Plus, the flowers seemed frostbitten, some had mold, and the roses never opened. This is the last time I ever use an online florist, local ones are the way to go.

The Bouqs response

Hi Rob,

We are so sorry that you had a disappointing experience. The image you provided of the flowers received certainly do not hold up to our standards so we regret any misunderstanding about that. Someone from the team will be following up to make things right.

Sincerely,

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Ordered flowers for my mom’s birthday, a bouquet of pink roses for around $45, vase included. Flowers arrived utterly dead, browned and disgusting — it was an embarrassment to say the least! Completely unfit to give as a present; this was my first time trying The Bouqs and it will also be my last. A flower delivery service that only gets the ‘delivery’ right is pointless; there is clearly no quality control with respect to the actual product being delivered.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Bought my wife flowers for Valentine's Day. They arrived as scheduled. However, they 1) looked nothing like the picture I selected on the site. The larger and more colorful flowers were prominent online, but were barely present in the bouquet. 2) The flowers had obviously been cut some time ago as they were all dried and wilting. I would not have paid $5 for what got delivered, let alone the $100 I was charged. Terrible.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered flowers for my fiancée due to being in the military and living in a different state as her. Product says delivered but she never received the order. I’ve tried contacting you through email and phone, I have yet to have a response sent back and that was over 2 days ago. I ordered the flowers on Valentine’s Day. They said they arrived the 15th of February 2019. It is now the 17th of Feb and my fiancée has yet to receive her roses I spent a lot of money on.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Bought flowers for my Girlfriend on Valentine's this past 14th, sad to say that the roses came in awful condition and emailed them in regards to such condition. Their response was that they are just the petals they left and should look fine in a couple of days; once they fall off. It not only was the petals, but the Peduncle, they were bent and nearly falling off. I am not going to purchase from here ever again and I sincerely told everyone I knew about it. I'm not saying they can't make a mistake but just don't believe this is good place to purchase roses. This is solely my experience and wanted to share.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On Feb 12 I've placed an order ** to deliver roses for my lovely wife on Valentine's Day (Feb 14). At about 5pm. I've started calling support - but no one answered me, I've spent about 30 minutes hearing music on a support line. My wife expect whole day this delivery, and at 7p.m. when we lost all hope we went to restaurant finally. I don't want to share in particular how much she and me were disappointing. On the next day (Feb 15) they call me and asked about my order and asked to stay on the line 2 minutes, and they will help. I've spent about 20 minutes on my working day waiting from answer... No one answered again. Finally flowers were delivered at Feb 15 evening... on wrong address!!! In order details and on a package it was a clear shown - building #110, but they delivered in building #101. Worst experience ever. Never rely on Bouqs in terms of important events and on time delivery.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine’s Day as a surprise. The only surprise I got was that nothing was sent to be delivered. I emailed for information and they offered 10% off my next order. What good is that? I needed these flowers on time and I requested a refund or at least the flowers to be delivered and no reply. This company is a fraud.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Though I love the concept of the company, they again failed to deliver. Last year I had a problem with my flower delivery. It was promised to be here on Valentine’s Day. They arrived the next day and with no vase. CS was very good and refunded the cost. But this did not help the situation with my wife, and VD day was ruined. They did convince me to give them another try. This year I ordered even earlier and got confirmation they would arrive on the 14th.

The exact thing happened again. A day late and no vase. Once again VD ruined. And no refund can fix that. 2 years in a row. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on me. But what makes it worse is that when I sent an email to CS, all I got back was a, "Your flowers have been delivered" response with a FedEx tracking number. They didn’t even read my email. Unfortunately there is no way I would ever give them a 3rd chance. Not after the 2 holidays they already ruined. If the delivery date is important to you, steer clear of them at all cost.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This year, my husband and I decided to try The Bouqs instead of the local flower shop because our friend raved about it. We had ordered three bunches of the Beauty-Full, which on the website and Instagram pictures clearly show peach color roses to give the arrangement a “rustic” look. The actual flowers we received were nothing like what we ordered. Two bunches of the flowers were bright pink, very un-rustic. And the other bunch is just very sad because even after three full days, the buds have not opened like they promised. And the flowers from the third bunch are clearly different from the second bunch. None of the peach roses are peach. They are either bright pink or a shade of half white and half pink? And they didn’t fully bloom.

I was hoping that these guys would take our email seriously and correct this because of their 100% happiness guarantee by giving us a refund. But they keep sending these responses that are joke replies like, "Your flowers will bloom in a few days," or, "We are sorry you didn’t get the flowers you wanted," with no resolution of the issue whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This is the second year I trusted this company with delivery of my wife’s Valentine’s Day roses. Last year I requested delivery on Valentine’s Day. It was late. They did refund the entire amount of order and gave me 40.00 to use toward another order. Although I was disappointed that my wife did not receive her flowers in Valentine’s Day, I felt this was a reasonable resolution. I, in good faith, trusted them again this year with delivery of my wife’s Valentine’s Day roses only to be disappointed again. They were delivered a day late. They refunded my delivery charge. There will be no third chance.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This was my first time making a purchase with Bouqs, I travel for business and knew I would be out of town on Valentine's day and went online and ordered some flowers to be delivered on the 14th. When my wife received the flowers, they were all squished and a lot of the Tulip heads were broken from the stems. I sent Bouqs a note on Thursday evening the 14th with the concerns, they responded asking for pictures which I gladly supplied. I have not received a single response since then. I have sent 3 follow up emails and still have not heard anything back from them. If this is the level of customer service this company provides it will catch up to them shortly, there are plenty of choices out there that appreciate your business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I decided to try out Bouqs for the first time. Being a flower snob and the daughter of a flower snob, I knew the local florists in her town. We just not going to cut it. I sent the deluxe version of the promenade and couldn’t be happier. They arrived on time and are gorgeous. Thanks, Bouqs! You have a happy new customer!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered on the 13th for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. I figured that I should have them deliver the 13th instead of the 14th in case any hiccups happened with my order. The tracking number was made on the 12th through FedEx with the message that the shipping information was sent to FedEx. I figured that they would be shipped that night. On the day they were supposed to arrive, no update on the shipment and my girlfriend verified they didn't arrive.

On the 14th, they still hadn't shipped. By the end of the 14th I was very concerned, and sent a message to support detailing my circumstances, to which they replied that they were sorry they hadn't shipped yet, and the tracking will update once the flowers are picked up. Since there was still no update today, the 16th, I replied saying I would like a refund. They did give me a refund, however only then, 4 days after it was supposed to ship, did they think it was important to tell me they "were not able to fulfill [my] order and it did not ship." I and some friends had some good experiences with Bouqs, but after this mess up we won't be using them again.

The Bouqs Company Information