1.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Farm-fresh and sustainable blooms right to your recipient's doorstep. Connecting people to beautifully designed floral experiences and the responsible partners that create them.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

853 The Bouqs Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I placed an order for delivery on Valentine's Day. After a few days, the FedEx status still indicated label created but not shipped. During this whole time, no communication about the delay or they could not fulfilled the order. When I followed up, the rep indicated they would make it up to me and by that, it means to refund my money only. The rep wrote they understand that it is a bit disappointing on my part, which is an understatement. I wrote back and complained and the 2nd rep apologized and provided me a 10% discount to reorder the flowers that they said they couldn't fulfill but charged my credit card for (by the way, I received an order confirmation). When I placed the original order, I had a discount code that equivalent to about 70%.

I suspect that Bouqs never intended to honor the order in the first place because the code that I obtained through Fandango provided such a deep discount. They charged my credit card anyway but never communicated they couldn't placed the order. This whole thing just seems shady to me. Last but not least, while the rep offered me a 10% discount code as a compensation of the missed order, it is far from the 70% discount I was offered and used to place my order. In addition, The Bouqs website is currently offering a 20% discount on all flowers, so providing me a 10% discount code is a joke. I think the company thinks they can again and again try to take advantage of the customers, hoping the customers just don't pay enough attention that they are being ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ordered my wife flowers for Valentine’s day. I was excited because of the subscription option as I buy my wife flowers pretty regularly. I purposely bought my wife the Grand option of red roses with a mix of other flowers. It was described as being 36 mixed stems delivered on the 14th of February delivered to my wife’s work. The roses arrived a day late on the 15th. Also the bouquet that did arrive was 18 red roses, with no other mixed flowers in the bunch. My wife had taken Friday the 15th off of work for a weekend getaway. She unfortunately didn't even see the flowers until Monday the 18th when they were already beginning to brown. The arrangement that did arrive seemed to be of decent quality based on the picture my wife’s coworker sent when they arrived. However, since they arrived late and spent three days unattended in a hot office building I guess we will never know for sure.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered a "Tropical Love" bouquet from a farm in Quito, Ecuador to be delivered to my husband's office on Valentine's Day. According to FedEx tracking, the flowers were shipped on Monday, to be delivered at 10:30 am on Thursday, February 14. I was curious as to whether flowers from an exotic locale that is a considerable distance away could really arrive fresh and on time, particularly knowing that Valentine's Day is such a busy time of year for flower deliveries. I can't believe what a success this was! My husband was so surprised and touched, because who orders flowers for their husbands on Valentine's day? And despite heavy rains, the package was delivered at exactly 10:28 am on February 14.

The arrangement is perfect for a man - not overly feminine, with vibrant, tropical foliage - the colors are absolutely gorgeous. He kept the bouquet at his office until the weekend, then brought them home. They are placed beside a floral arrangement my husband got for me on Valentine's Day. 4 days later, the flowers in the other bouquet are beginning to wilt, but the Bouqs one is still fresh. I love that the Bouqs flowers are sustainably grown and cut fresh at the farm only when they are ordered. I would certainly order from Bouqs again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Admittedly, I waited until the day before to do so. I looked at some of the other services, but decided to try one I never had before - Bouqs.com. I received an email that the flowers could not be delivered because nobody was there to accept them, or that the business was closed. After calling FedEx several times, and receiving multiple calls from FedEx, I resolved the issue myself. Bouqs did not put the proper suite number on the label (it was correct on the order).

Before I contacted FedEx, I contacted Bouqs. 24 hours later, they finally responded and simply said "I have checked on your order and see that the package is delivered." This only happened because I fixed the issue myself. I exchanged a few more messages with the "customer service" rep, and not once did I ever get an apology for the inconvenience they had caused. Had I not resolved the issue myself, the flowers would not have been delivered until the following day. I was not looking for anything free, I simply wanted the company to acknowledge the poor experience I had.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers to arrive a couple of days after Valentine's day. They arrived two days after the delivery date and were all dead. First time buying from Bouqs, hope this isn't the norm. But for me, a really bad experience since now my wife is upset.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Purchased $93 worth of flowers for my wife for Valentine's day. Because I was sending them to her office, I made it a point to confirm with Bouqs that the delivery time was "before 5:00pm", they assured me that was correct. It wasn't. The flowers arrive at around 6:00pm after the office was closed. Unfortunately, my wife wasn't working Friday so she drove back to the office, about 45 minutes each way, to pick them up. When she opened them, she found and strange note from Mike to Joe. My wife's name is not Joe, and it wasn't the note I wrote. Pretty disappointing Valentine's. I asked for my money back and Bouqs offered me a 10% discount on a future order. Needless to say, I didn't find that acceptable. Beware when ordering from Bouqs.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I wanted to love this company, it's in line with our beliefs, unfortunately, I ordered the grand size Showstopper (over $100) for Valentine's Day and it wasn't as pictured. The succulents were green instead of pinkish (also had only two instead to three). Plus, the flowers seemed frostbitten, some had mold, and the roses never opened. This is the last time I ever use an online florist, local ones are the way to go.

The Bouqs Company response

Hi Rob,

We are so sorry that you had a disappointing experience. The image you provided of the flowers received certainly do not hold up to our standards so we regret any misunderstanding about that. Someone from the team will be following up to make things right.

Sincerely,

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Ordered flowers for my mom’s birthday, a bouquet of pink roses for around $45, vase included. Flowers arrived utterly dead, browned and disgusting — it was an embarrassment to say the least! Completely unfit to give as a present; this was my first time trying The Bouqs and it will also be my last. A flower delivery service that only gets the ‘delivery’ right is pointless; there is clearly no quality control with respect to the actual product being delivered.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Bought my wife flowers for Valentine's Day. They arrived as scheduled. However, they 1) looked nothing like the picture I selected on the site. The larger and more colorful flowers were prominent online, but were barely present in the bouquet. 2) The flowers had obviously been cut some time ago as they were all dried and wilting. I would not have paid $5 for what got delivered, let alone the $100 I was charged. Terrible.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered flowers for my fiancée due to being in the military and living in a different state as her. Product says delivered but she never received the order. I’ve tried contacting you through email and phone, I have yet to have a response sent back and that was over 2 days ago. I ordered the flowers on Valentine’s Day. They said they arrived the 15th of February 2019. It is now the 17th of Feb and my fiancée has yet to receive her roses I spent a lot of money on.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Bought flowers for my Girlfriend on Valentine's this past 14th, sad to say that the roses came in awful condition and emailed them in regards to such condition. Their response was that they are just the petals they left and should look fine in a couple of days; once they fall off. It not only was the petals, but the Peduncle, they were bent and nearly falling off. I am not going to purchase from here ever again and I sincerely told everyone I knew about it. I'm not saying they can't make a mistake but just don't believe this is good place to purchase roses. This is solely my experience and wanted to share.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On Feb 12 I've placed an order ** to deliver roses for my lovely wife on Valentine's Day (Feb 14). At about 5pm. I've started calling support - but no one answered me, I've spent about 30 minutes hearing music on a support line. My wife expect whole day this delivery, and at 7p.m. when we lost all hope we went to restaurant finally. I don't want to share in particular how much she and me were disappointing. On the next day (Feb 15) they call me and asked about my order and asked to stay on the line 2 minutes, and they will help. I've spent about 20 minutes on my working day waiting from answer... No one answered again. Finally flowers were delivered at Feb 15 evening... on wrong address!!! In order details and on a package it was a clear shown - building #110, but they delivered in building #101. Worst experience ever. Never rely on Bouqs in terms of important events and on time delivery.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine’s Day as a surprise. The only surprise I got was that nothing was sent to be delivered. I emailed for information and they offered 10% off my next order. What good is that? I needed these flowers on time and I requested a refund or at least the flowers to be delivered and no reply. This company is a fraud.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Though I love the concept of the company, they again failed to deliver. Last year I had a problem with my flower delivery. It was promised to be here on Valentine’s Day. They arrived the next day and with no vase. CS was very good and refunded the cost. But this did not help the situation with my wife, and VD day was ruined. They did convince me to give them another try. This year I ordered even earlier and got confirmation they would arrive on the 14th.

The exact thing happened again. A day late and no vase. Once again VD ruined. And no refund can fix that. 2 years in a row. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on me. But what makes it worse is that when I sent an email to CS, all I got back was a, "Your flowers have been delivered" response with a FedEx tracking number. They didn’t even read my email. Unfortunately there is no way I would ever give them a 3rd chance. Not after the 2 holidays they already ruined. If the delivery date is important to you, steer clear of them at all cost.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This year, my husband and I decided to try The Bouqs instead of the local flower shop because our friend raved about it. We had ordered three bunches of the Beauty-Full, which on the website and Instagram pictures clearly show peach color roses to give the arrangement a “rustic” look. The actual flowers we received were nothing like what we ordered. Two bunches of the flowers were bright pink, very un-rustic. And the other bunch is just very sad because even after three full days, the buds have not opened like they promised. And the flowers from the third bunch are clearly different from the second bunch. None of the peach roses are peach. They are either bright pink or a shade of half white and half pink? And they didn’t fully bloom.

I was hoping that these guys would take our email seriously and correct this because of their 100% happiness guarantee by giving us a refund. But they keep sending these responses that are joke replies like, "Your flowers will bloom in a few days," or, "We are sorry you didn’t get the flowers you wanted," with no resolution of the issue whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This is the second year I trusted this company with delivery of my wife’s Valentine’s Day roses. Last year I requested delivery on Valentine’s Day. It was late. They did refund the entire amount of order and gave me 40.00 to use toward another order. Although I was disappointed that my wife did not receive her flowers in Valentine’s Day, I felt this was a reasonable resolution. I, in good faith, trusted them again this year with delivery of my wife’s Valentine’s Day roses only to be disappointed again. They were delivered a day late. They refunded my delivery charge. There will be no third chance.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This was my first time making a purchase with Bouqs, I travel for business and knew I would be out of town on Valentine's day and went online and ordered some flowers to be delivered on the 14th. When my wife received the flowers, they were all squished and a lot of the Tulip heads were broken from the stems. I sent Bouqs a note on Thursday evening the 14th with the concerns, they responded asking for pictures which I gladly supplied. I have not received a single response since then. I have sent 3 follow up emails and still have not heard anything back from them. If this is the level of customer service this company provides it will catch up to them shortly, there are plenty of choices out there that appreciate your business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I decided to try out Bouqs for the first time. Being a flower snob and the daughter of a flower snob, I knew the local florists in her town. We just not going to cut it. I sent the deluxe version of the promenade and couldn’t be happier. They arrived on time and are gorgeous. Thanks, Bouqs! You have a happy new customer!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered on the 13th for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. I figured that I should have them deliver the 13th instead of the 14th in case any hiccups happened with my order. The tracking number was made on the 12th through FedEx with the message that the shipping information was sent to FedEx. I figured that they would be shipped that night. On the day they were supposed to arrive, no update on the shipment and my girlfriend verified they didn't arrive.

On the 14th, they still hadn't shipped. By the end of the 14th I was very concerned, and sent a message to support detailing my circumstances, to which they replied that they were sorry they hadn't shipped yet, and the tracking will update once the flowers are picked up. Since there was still no update today, the 16th, I replied saying I would like a refund. They did give me a refund, however only then, 4 days after it was supposed to ship, did they think it was important to tell me they "were not able to fulfill [my] order and it did not ship." I and some friends had some good experiences with Bouqs, but after this mess up we won't be using them again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

A truly excruciating experience overall. I placed an order for next day delivery. After no delivery was made I checked status through their order tracking system, which still showed the order was in progress. I sent an email to customer service and within 20 minutes of my email being sent, my order was showing canceled online. I sent another email to find out why my order was canceled and did not receive a response. I did finally receive an auto email 18 hours after my order was canceled, advising that it was canceled. Another auto email arrived shortly after advising that I would receive a refund within 3-5 days. As this was my first order with this company, I will not be attempting it again. Not impressed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered for the first time and flowers were delivered on time. However, I am completely underwhelmed with the quality and type and number of stems in the deluxe version that were delivered. Some of the flowers are wilting or have brown edges. What looks like white roses are each so tiny they look like filler. The stems together look like an arrangement of half the value or less. Not impressive at all. I won’t be ordering again. I contacted customer service by email and received a response a couple of days later saying that it was normal to have brown edges (they called them guardian petals). And they would fall off eventually, and that their flowers are shipped with buds not open. The arrangement several days later has not changed or improved, and customer service does not apparently care.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The order was delivered the day after Valentine's Day. I had to buy flowers somewhere else in order to make my wife feel like the special gal she is. I asked for a refund, but The Bouqs only issued a refund for the shipping. If you are in the bouquet business you have to know how critical it is to deliver on the right day. And if something happens that prevents delivering on time you should issue the full refund.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The only thing that went right with this order is that it was delivered on the right day. My husband sent a bouquet of 42 tulips to me at work for Valentine's Day. The card that came with them had some note that I did not understand and was signed by a name I do not know, so obviously wrong card included. When I began to open the flowers, I could tell right away that they were not in proper condition, so I began taking photos. They were wilted, bent, and broken. They did not even fit in the jar/vase that they provided. Customer service told him to wait 48 hours for the flowers to "recover" but they do not look much better. I have not enjoyed these flowers at all. I hope he can get a full refund and not a credit because I would not want to ever receive flowers from them again, nor would I ever risk the embarrassment of sending these to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

This was my first experience was The Bouqs I ordered the "Unforgettable" arrangement to be delivered to my wife on Valentine's Day. The good part is that the delivery was on time. The bad part is that spending $86+ including delivery was vastly overpriced. The arrangement looked nothing like the picture on the website and it had far fewer flowers. I could have paid $30 to $40 at a local florist and got the same flowers. I will not be ordering from them again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered an arrangement on the morning of 2/12/19 for Valentine's day delivery. The order was an off-the-shelf arrangement advertised for Valentine's day, and the cutoff for delivery on the 14th was well over 24 hours away. The next day, I received a shipping notice with tracking number. The tracking number only showed that a label had been created; not that the parcel had been picked up by the shipping company.

It is now the 16th and the tracking number still shows the same... Only that a label was created. For 2 days, I have emailed Bouqs Customer Service with no response. They did charge my card the $95, but they do not respond to my emails. I also tried their telephone number twice but the call terminates into a recording that states their phones are "off-line" so they can focus on giving great service to their customers... Yes you read that correctly!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THESE HACKS! Worst service I have EVER received!!! I paid $95 for absolutely nothing!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I tried this company after I received a coupon code from Fandango, mind you I still spent over $50 on my mom's order. My mother has been sick and I wanted to cheer her up on Valentine's day. They arrived in a box. No big deal. But they were dirty and a mess. Then she FaceTimed me. They were the wrong color and they were missing the main purple flower in the picture. I have tried to contact them through email which appears to be an auto response that we need to watch a video about the care of the flowers . Sorry they are a scam.

Obviously didn't read my issue. The flower that is missing won't magically appear after care and they won't just change to the right color. What a joke. And then they offered me a 20% off next order like I would want to use them after this. I want my money back and my mom needs to receive the missing flowers. I upgraded her order. This is fraud and I will blast you all over social media and dispute my charges. There is no phone number either. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I even sent them photos and got the same care response that we need to follow instructions.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Ordered flowers for my grandma for Valentine’s Day and she just got them today. The tracking information said they were delivered on the 14th but she received nothing. Upon further looking, we saw they were dropped off at her complex office where she then went to go ask about them. They still had them but said they were simply dropped off with a card with my name but the delivery person gave no information about who they were supposed to go to. Then to top it off, she sent me a picture and they’re not even the flowers they were supposed to be. Ridiculous how expensive and how much information they ask for for them to not even be the right bouquet.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have used The Bouqs company in the past with no issues, but this time the condition of the flower arrangement received was so poor. In reviewing some of the other complaints, it seems this is the trend coming from Bouqs. I emailed customer service with pictures throughout the day of the flowers sent and did not receive a response until I emailed again requesting a manager to get involved. Customer service has the nerve to say the condition of flowers because still "green" is ok. Not sure what metric they use to grade "fresh" flowers delivered, but it seems to be very off. Ordered Deluxe Flower Rose Arrangement.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2019

After a few e-mail exchanges with customer service the Bouq's Company did refund my purchase

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

On Feb 8th I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day for my girl to be delivered through the Bouqs website. On Feb 14th no flowers were delivered - on Feb 15th flowers were delivered but: Flowers were mostly dead and wilted. Flower arrangement was nowhere close to what was on the website. I contacted customer service and even sent photos of the received flowers and it became a back and forth dispute. Basically their customer service said the flowers were buds and needed to bloom. Really!? I think I know dead flowers when I see them.

Bottom line = BAD customer service, they tell you, "You are wrong." Flowers didn't get delivered on Valentines Day = yes, but you did get them the next day. Flowers are not what was pictured on web site and are wilted and dead = the buds just need a couple days to bloom. Disappointing, embarrassing, horrible product and service. Their claim of 100% Happy Guarantee means they will tell you should be happy with whatever they give you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I selected a flower arrangement and vase on February 11th to be delivered to my wife on Valentine's Day February 14th 2019. No flowers arrived, so on the 15th I purchased another bouquet from a local store to give to her myself. To my surprise The Bouqs arrangement showed up on the 15th also, too little too late. On The Bouqs website they claim my order arrived on time! There is no customer service with this company, no phone number. Only a place to leave a request for them to contact me which has been 2 days now with no word. Today is the 16th of February. To The Bouqs company, I would like a refund of my purchase price of $51. You guaranteed my flowers would arrived on Valentine's Day. They did not. My order number is **. (I had to select at least one star to leave this review, I would have left zero Stars if possible.)

The Bouqs Company Company Information