3.6/5 (98 ratings)

About Collections Etc.

Collections Etc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

This company is a FRAUD. I purchased $354.09 in merchandise and they placed a hold for over $1,500 with my bank. This has overdrawn my account by over $600. I called Collections, Etc. and have been told by 3 different people that this is their pattern and practice. I was also told not to worry. That the excess funds will be released in 6 days. WTF? My account is overdrawn by $600 leaving me without access to any funds for 6 days and they casually tell me not to worry? They actually got nasty with me. I guess I'll just go without food for the next 6 days. Needless to say, I canceled my order and am sitting waiting, hungry, for my money to be returned to me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

ON Dec 7 I ordered wolf T shirt for Christmas. They said cut off date is the 8th for christmas delivery. My package stayed on their warehouse for 4 days after order was confirmed. Now on the 20th of Dec it has been in Illinois for 10 days. Now on Dec 20, 13 days after confirmation according to tracking it is still in Illinois. Called them, talked to supervisor as the operator could not speak english very well and could not understand her. Supervisor stated that she could not have it here for Christmas. Said she would refund. No refund has been seen. Previous order was from them from Amazon. RECEIVED AN email stating it had been delivered. But it had not been delivered. It did come the next day though. They tack on a handling charge separate from shipping which doubles the price of your purchase. These people are so corrupt. Now you must order merchandise at least a month in advance. They need to be fined or shut down.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I agree with the others-They don't clearly state the add on charges when you place your order-then when you see it on pay pal-the charge is double from what you saw on the Collections order site-(I called & was told it was all explained if you click on FAQ at the top of the page-(frequently asked questions)-then you see line after line of things you would never know about if you didn't read it all)-I told them this should all be upfront & it should show up when you place an order-not after-They charge almost the same amount as the item & call it "handling charges". I think they have cute products, but I am done with them-They need to be investigated for their deceptive practices. You should see every charge before you agree to pay-not after-They have lost my business forever.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Firstly, I could never get the free shipping code to work, somehow got signed up for their monthly "savings plan" for $17. Did manage to get out of that. Secondly, what I ordered didn't look anything like the pic, was such poor quality it shouldn't even be being manufactured, and was just worthless. Sent it back, took forever to get acknowledgement on that, FINALLY got a refund, but not for full amount. Yes, they keep $12 for return shipping, whatever, but I still never got the full amount back. A few dollars short, but I give up. Don't bother calling them. Call center is in India and you cannot understand them in the least, especially if you have even a minor hearing issue.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My mother ordered Aug 30. Was charged for order on on Sept 6. They show it shipped on Sept 6. She hasn't received order and it is now Nov 1, 2022. She called Oct 10 was told it was on its way by someone she could barely understand. (Had such a thick accent in their voice.) I have emailed a couple of times and have received the runaround. Didn't figure calling would work. Don't order from them. They don't have any customer service that can help you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I used to always buy from them in the past. I placed an order and they lost it, are refusing to refund my money and reshipped the item and charged me again. Customer service is not helpful at all. I even used Paypal to keep from unauthorized charges and they still charged me. Now have my bank involved in getting my money back. I would strong advise staying away from them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Used to be a good place to get products "cheap". Not anymore. They now add on a "handling charge" with each order which negates any savings you may think you are getting.... Do Not waste your time here.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They received my order in Wisconsin. I'm in MO. The company is in Illinois. Why is my order sent to Wisconsin to begin with? They tell me well I gotta wait 7 to 10 days. Don't nothing take that long. Never again. I will be filing a complaint.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Updated on 01/16/2022: WHY BOTHER, I am still out 10.98, I will never purchase from Collections Etc. again..problem solved, but I lost the shipping cost..I unfortunately never heard of you before....THIS IS SO WRONG!!!! WHEN IS THIS GOING TO STOP?

Original Review: I measured my calf as asked by seller 16'" however you cannot get the sock on or over your foot. I went to return them and Collections want to deduct $10.99 postage from my return. This is W.R.O.N.G. The sellers are Proviso, Melrose pk. ILL. 6163..yes that is the info she gave me. I would be a fool to send them there, please can you help me to just get ALL of my $? I should not have to pay return postage on such A POORLY ADVERTISED PRODUCT. THANK YOU..S **

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I ordered online from Collections, Etc. on Dec. 2. When tracking my order, it showed nothing had yet been shipped by Dec. 16 even though their site states it will be shipped within 7-10 business days. Called them and talked to someone who was very difficult to understand and was told the order was "printed" (whatever that means) on Dec. 8 and I should, again, get it within 7-10 days. She couldn't tell me whether it's actually been shipped yet or not although there is still no tracking number, but said I should call back after that number of days if I still don't have it. She said I couldn't cancel the order as it had already been printed even though it hadn't been shipped. So I have no order and have no idea when it will be shipped but I can't cancel it. Do not order from this company ever! I've had trouble with them before and should have known better so I'm warning you.

Collections Etc. Company Information