Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Collections Etc. Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I have been a loyal customer for YEARS and that ended today. I ordered 7 pairs of leggings and imagine my surprise that in the catalog with the shipment, THEY WERE ON SALE. Customer service refused to honor the difference. THEY LOST ME FOR $16.24!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

What a shambles! Collections Etc has outsourced its customer service to "another country" and will not even have the decency to admit it. An order that I placed on Jan 15th was never delivered so I called and first spoke with Marie. When I explained to her what the Fedex tracking said online, she said they work with some group within Fedex that uses USPS to deliver. Normally when USPS does not deliver (usually when they do not have a signature) they leave a card with instructions to collect the package in person. No such thing in my case.

I was not about Marie asking me to contact USPS with no information whatsoever from USPS. I asked Marie whether she was based in the Philippines and they was a pause, after which she said no, "I am in Illinois". I then asked to speak with a supervisor; after a long pause "Faith" came on and my first question to her was her location. Again a pause, after which she said, "Our headquarters are based in IL". I persisted and she then admitted that both she and Marie were indeed in the Philippines. She also told me that the items that I ordered were out of stock and so she would process a refund which would hit in 7-10 business days. I asked for a confirmation email about the refund - she put me on hold and said we do not send emails out.

I was so frustrated so I asked to be transferred to someone in the USA and was ultimately connected to someone called "Natalie" who claimed to be at the call center in Kansas. Natalie was equally deceptive, telling me again that she had processed my refund, but she would not send an email and if my refund did not appear in 3-5 business days (remember previously it was 7-10 business days per Faith), I would have to call back!! I then questioned her about the why customer service reps based in the Philippines were not telling the truth, Natalie's reply was, "Well there are people from the Philippines who are based here in Kansas City".

When I reminded her that Faith admitted as such, she said, "Have a good day, Sir!" and hung up. This is very disingenuous. I am concerned that this company may have never really shipped anything. I subsequently checked the tracking number on USPS and it said that they were awaiting the package! I just do not whom to believe at this juncture and guess that I should thank my lucky stars if I get the refund! Never again!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I placed an order on 1/15/2020. Today is 1/31/2020, I called to see what was going on with my $228.00 order and was informed it had not shipped out because I didn't supply the last 4 digits after my zip code!?! I googled it and gave it to customer service rep since I had her on the phone and she said it will take 24-48 for it to ship and I "should" receive in 7-10 business days. I asked why wasn't I notified and she said sorry. SMH

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Accidently placed an order on items that I thought I had just saved, and thought I would go back and look at later. 2 hrs later when I went back on to my computer I realized what I had done. I immediately called customer service to cancel my order. The representative said that it was already packaged, and he could not cancel the order. But yet I probably won't receive. I probably receive it until Feb 5th, today is January 24th. So now I'm going to have to pay about $8.00 to ship it back when it arrives. They must be one of the fastest packing companies, but the slowest company to ship it out. Not happy, and I will never order from COLLECTIONS ETC. again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I ordered some items for Christmas and paid with Paypal. I did not get the items so went to their site and tracked them. They had not even been shipped yet. I called customer service and asked why they had not been shipped yet. They asked for my credit card information. I told them NO. I used Paypal so I did not have to give out my credit card information. They said they could not release the order without a credit card. I had paid with Paypal so they did not need a credit card. After reading other reviews I can see it is some sort of scam. They need a credit card to sign you up for a account you didn't ask for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I placed an order for Christmas items in late 2018 to Collections Etc. The quality of these items, based on price, wasn't fantastic, but you get what you pay for is my opinion. However, I continued to get catalogs and emails about specials from this company since then but I never placed another order. This is my COMPLAINT... They have been charging me $15 dollars monthly on my credit card for a membership I never signed up for. We only have one charge card so this amount was just getting lost every month in the statement.

Yesterday, Christmas Day 2019, I noticed a charge from Collections Etc came through and I called them. I had to end up talking to someone in another location and I told them I wanted it cancelled right now and I never wanted to hear from their company again. That is when I looked back at all the previous month's charges from them and I wrote them an email last night saying I wanted all of these charges refunded. I haven't heard back from them, but I intend to report them to the Better Business Bureau, and put this on FB, Twitter and Instagram. I may even go to our local TV Channel Consumer Complaint Department to report this deceptive practice.... It is a true scam!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I found a catalog from Collections Etc. And found a sofa cover I wanted, ordered the cover. It was 28 dollars and some change total. The cover was cheap quality but I didn't expect much, what really got me is they have been charging me 16 dollars monthly on my debit card for a membership I didn't sign up for. I have called to cancel it. But they hang up. I have had to change my bank card. What a scam... Warning. Don't use this company.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I ordered $200 worth of runner rug from this company. I have used them for years for small various items especially runners. First call to check order when late was told my Credit card denied which I also received a verification from the card that this was a legitimate charge, I ok'd the charge. No call, no email from them regarding this. Waited another week, called again. Told this time card did not go through again, explained I cleared it the Credit card company wanted to verify legitimacy of charge which I did, gave my card # again. Was told it went through fine this 2nd call. Waiting again another week, checked account items still not shipped, was told from Jen that they are ready to ship.

Jen could not tell me when they would ship or a tracking number but the 2nd call with the card # went through. I checked my CC account and see not charge from Collections Etc. Really fed up with the service this year from this company. Asked to speak with supervisor but was told no one was available. Doubtful I will ever use Collections etc. again and really NOT sure if I will get this order. Disgrace and unprofessional service Collections Etc.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I placed an order with Collections Etc. in early November so it reasonably could be expected to be delivered by Christmas. I was notified it would arrive in 2 deliveries. The first arrived in about 2 weeks. The second part, something to help my husband use the toilet as he has several serious medical issues. A delivery arrived--a puzzle keeper form, not what I had ordered to help use the toilet!! I called customer service and they emailed a return label. I told customer service the item I had ordered was for a person with disabilities and would they please send out the item I had ordered in time for Christmas. I was told that they wouldn't send the correct order until my returned item had been received by them and "checked in".

And, oh by the way, the postage for returning the wrong item they sent would be deducted from my already paid for order so I would have to send them more money to pay for the original item that I'd ordered even though it was their mistake!!! I send the wrong item back immediately, taking it directly to the post office myself and I had gotten a tracking # so I'd know when they had gotten it back and the correct item sent out. I SHOULDN'T have bothered!!

The item I sent back was in their hands within 3 days after I sent it, but there's no sign of the correct item they said they would send out after receiving my returned item. I called trying to find out any information com get. They said I should re-order the $49.99 correct item and maybe, possibly, it could be delivered by Christmas. When I might get the refund for the original item, minus the postage to return it, was something the "customer service" employee couldn't possibly make a guess at, nor could the supervisor comment on!! (told to me the rudest sort of language).

Rev.Dr.Rose **

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I placed an order and sent a check. Received a letter saying there was a balance that I owed in addition to the check they had already CASHED. Because there were Christmas gifts on the order I called and gave them my Debit card #. (HUGE MISTAKE) They charged $71.36 to my debit and the balance was ONLY $9.81 CENTS. Called cs and the woman couldn't speak English and eventually hung up on me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Now I have to change my debit card at bank because I fear that they will keep charging it and I know they will not reimburse me for the 71.36.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Collections Etc. Company Information