1.1/5 (146 ratings)

About Collections Etc.

Collections Etc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?

Original review: July 24, 2021

I ordered a bra size 46D. It didn't fit. My Playtex bras measure 44" around the band. Collection's bra measured 24". I called because I wanted a return label sent do I could return it and get a refund. I was told my cust. serv. rep that they would send it at a cost to me of $9.99! The bra only cost $14.99. I spoke to a supervisor and asked him to waive the fee. He said he couldn't. I have been dealing with this company for well over 30 years. I order from many catalogs and this is the only company that charges a processing fee when you order and charges for a return label. I will NEVER order from them again and I suggest no one else should either.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I placed an order with this company in Nov 2020. As part of that order, I supposedly signed up for some kind of membership according to them. I was then billed approx $97 or so in Jan which I didn't question because of all the online Christmas shopping I had been doing. Then I began to notice checking deductions of $14.95 every couple of months. I call to find our what was going on and was told I had joined a "premiere membership club". I asked what for, and they responded for savings... What a rip off and runaround. Hopefully it will stop.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I tried to purchase through their website but it kept kicking it back saying I needed to provide a shipping address. There was only space for the billing address, not the shipping address. I called the number and all my information was taken. Then I was told that my credit card was not accepted. I do not know what is going on but I had a really bad feeling about this whole thing. I just hope I don't see a charge by them when I check my statement.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I bought two housecoats that were "on sale" for $7.99 each. Ordered XL to make sure they would go over clothing and be comfortable. My arms would not even go into the sleeves and it lacked a foot or more of snapping closed. Material was so thin you could read through it. Sewing strings had not even been clipped off. I requested the full amount charged be refunded because of the extremely poor quality of the product. Total bill was $31.52 with the shipping charges. It cost me another $5.50 to return the items.

My charge card has finally shown a credit of $17.42 being credited back to my card. So, they ripped me off $8.60 on the shipping charges. I lost a total of $19.60 on two pieces of junk. They are not in the USA, nor USA made. I will NEVER order anything from the company again. I guess the loss of almost $20 is an easy lesson to learn, but it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and gives true meaning to false advertising. Run people, run from this company.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Unfortunately, Collections Etc. is no longer a good company to buy from, or deal with. I placed an order on their website around 4 AM EST and tried to cancel it within 15-minutes without luck for four items costing $54.96, so I called them around 8 AM to do it. (They open at 6 AM CST). I decided to cancel my order after receiving an email from PayPal that Collections Etc. was charging me $9.99 for shipping even though their website had free shipping on orders of $40.00 or more. Another place had free shipping when you order three or more items.

I even gave them their free shipping code: BUY3MY from their website. Besides the shipping fee, they also added a fee of $4.95 to process the order. Besides these two fees, they were also billing me for another $7.00, a “Promotional Code” fee, without explaining what it is. What they’re trying to do is sucker you into paying a monthly fee to receive free shipping on all of your orders. Cheaper to pay for shipping. After a long conversation with the first lady, I spoke to, and not getting anywhere, and barely understood, I asked her to speak to a supervisor so she supposedly transferred my call. About seven minutes later I was disconnected so I called again and also spoke to someone I also barely understood.

The second lady I spoke to also claimed that since my order had been processed already, it cannot be canceled. I said if it hasn’t been boxed or shipped, why can’t it be canceled. She said because it has been processed. I asked if I’ll get three different packages or just one. Just one. Who do you ship with? FedEx, UPS and the Post Office. So, in other words, even though it hasn’t been boxed, shipped or know who will deliver it, you can’t cancel the order. That’s right because your order has been processed. As mentioned above, I tried to cancel with 15-minutes of placing the order. I’ll admit the ladies were very polite and did the best they could answering all of my questions. I also asked the second lady to speak to a supervisor, she said, "We don’t have one." On the various pages the totals for my order were $54.96 (for merchandise only), before any fees or taxes were added.

Order Summary Merchandise $54.96, Shipping Free, handling $4.95, Sales tax $5.24, Total $65.15 You Saved: $9.99. Another page had Merchandise Subtotal: $61.96, Promotional Code: $7.00, Processing: $4.95, Taxes: $6.12, Total: $83.02, charged to Payment Method: $76.02, You Saved: $7.00. After a very long conversation with the second lady and giving her the free shipping code again, BUY3MY, it reduced my bill to $62.02. My order status right now is: Items not yet shipped. Hum, and they can’t cancel the order. Over the years I’ve ordered a number of items from Collections Etc., but will never order from them again. Maybe they have new owners?

Original review: April 13, 2021

This is the worst online experience I have e.v.e.r had! I placed an order for a magazine table that cost $36.36 ($21.99 table+$7.99,+$4.95+$1.43). I decided I did not want it. Within 24 hours I twice e-mailed and called to cancel my order. Was told by a CSR that they were unable to do so because the order was in the process of being shipped. Called 2 days and then a week later to once again try to cancel, as I had not received a shipping notice, and was again told could not cancel as the item was still in process. I pointed out that the item had not left the warehouse so could they contact the warehouse and tell them to cancel the order. Was also told there was no way to contact the warehouse to cancel the order.

Item was eventually sent out. Within 24 hours, I printed out a return label and placed the item in the mail. Eventually I received a refund for $15.17. That is less than what I paid for the item! I was advised via an email and on the return label that $7.99 would be deducted for shipping but there was no notice about any other deductions. This has been a month long pain in the butt. I would not recommend them to a.n.y.o.n.e!

Original review: March 14, 2021

One star because you cannot understand any customer service reps because they are not in America. My package came in a beaten up torn box that was taped together and open on the top. There was no invoice, billing or packing slips. I believe I ordered six items and because there was no billing info I could not verify it. I ordered from this company many many years ago and never had an issue. I will never order from them again and I would definitely not recommend them, especially to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have ordered from this company before with no problem. I ordered curtains, 2 valances and 2 sets of panels description said set of 2. I received 2 valances and 2 individual panels. I called them 1/4/21 explained the problem after lengthy discussion I was assured they would send right away. Still no confirmation by 1/14/21 called again, another lengthy discussion, reassured me they would get it right out, after me telling them I have 1 window with curtains and 1 without.

On 1/18/21 I get email to call, my bank did not authorize the payment. So I called back and was told they have to issue a refund to my account and then recharge my account and this could take till the end of the month, so I tell him (now with supervisor) my bank should have nothing to do with this. They just need to send me the 2 panels they shorted me. He says will send 1 set, well tried explaining that I ordered 2 sets and got 1, SO now I'm pretty sure if I get them at all I will end up getting 1 panel and not a pair. Will be calling my bank also. I am sad to say I will not be ordering from them again, too bad really nice quality curtains. But their customers service is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This used to be a great company but I think they sold it to a foreign company now. It is not cheap anymore due to a processing fee. What is a processing fee? We pay for them to put the items in a box? By the time you pay that and shipping and taxes you can find the products cheaper in another catalog, like The Lakeside Collection catalog which delivered all my products before Christmas. I have stopped buying from Collections Etc now but I used to buy from them for years. It's sad that they don't care about customers anymore.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

First time ordering from this company. Prices were good and a lot of neat things. I ordered items on December 7 with a guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. Now they tell me December 30. I ask them what about guaranteed she knew nothing of and repeated when it would be delivered. Ask to speak with her supervisor. After long wait same time frame was repeated. I ask seeing you couldn't honor your guarantee is the merchandise free. She said there was no such thing. Needless to say last order they will get from me.

Collections Etc. Company Information