Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Collections Etc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have ordered from this company before with no problem. I ordered curtains, 2 valances and 2 sets of panels description said set of 2. I received 2 valances and 2 individual panels. I called them 1/4/21 explained the problem after lengthy discussion I was assured they would send right away. Still no confirmation by 1/14/21 called again, another lengthy discussion, reassured me they would get it right out, after me telling them I have 1 window with curtains and 1 without.

On 1/18/21 I get email to call, my bank did not authorize the payment. So I called back and was told they have to issue a refund to my account and then recharge my account and this could take till the end of the month, so I tell him (now with supervisor) my bank should have nothing to do with this. They just need to send me the 2 panels they shorted me. He says will send 1 set, well tried explaining that I ordered 2 sets and got 1, SO now I'm pretty sure if I get them at all I will end up getting 1 panel and not a pair. Will be calling my bank also. I am sad to say I will not be ordering from them again, too bad really nice quality curtains. But their customers service is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This used to be a great company but I think they sold it to a foreign company now. It is not cheap anymore due to a processing fee. What is a processing fee? We pay for them to put the items in a box? By the time you pay that and shipping and taxes you can find the products cheaper in another catalog, like The Lakeside Collection catalog which delivered all my products before Christmas. I have stopped buying from Collections Etc now but I used to buy from them for years. It's sad that they don't care about customers anymore.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

First time ordering from this company. Prices were good and a lot of neat things. I ordered items on December 7 with a guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. Now they tell me December 30. I ask them what about guaranteed she knew nothing of and repeated when it would be delivered. Ask to speak with her supervisor. After long wait same time frame was repeated. I ask seeing you couldn't honor your guarantee is the merchandise free. She said there was no such thing. Needless to say last order they will get from me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Called to discuss 2 Paypal deductions from my account that total more than the order cost. The young lady I spoke with kept telling me it was 1 charge in the amount of $73ish. I explained the 2 deductions of $53.97 and $39.60 totaling $93.57. I could not get her to understand and she started telling me "let me explain it to you again" that I was only charged once, over and over again. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told there was none there, after the 4th request she put me on hold only to return and said "let me explain it again". I told her I wanted to cancel the order and was told I could not cancel as it was packed and ready for shipment. I will work with our bank but I will not be ordering from this company again and will give negative reviews based on the unprofessional and rude conversation I had today.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Thus far, three strikes with this company whose male customer service is in the negative digits! Still waiting for a call back! Never had a problem before 2019. No one is in the United States. Please investigate this company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I ordered an ornament from the Collections Etc. mail order catalog on Nov. 7, 2020. They never sent me a confirmation email but I learned from the auto-phone order status that they shipped out my order on Nov. 20 and it was in transit. I still had not received the item by Dec. 1, so I called again and the auto service gave me a FedEX tracking number. That tracking number says the item was delivered Dec. 2 in Sacramento. I do not live in Sacramento! So I called and talked to customer service to ask why my order was sent to some other locations and how to get it to me. It seems that their customer service is in a foreign country and the man was no help. He would not do anything for me at all. I now feel scammed by Collections Etc. I had ordered from them for years and never had been treated so badly. They seem to be taking our money now and not sending us anything. How do I proceed?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Never received and never received a reply or a refund. Have written them 5 times and never heard anything. I am a senior citizen and I have tried and tried and tried to find a way to get these shoes for these people. I have not been able to get my shoes or my respond back.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Wish I could give "Zero stars!" Tried to submit order in October to beat Christmas rush; website down for almost a week; finally able to order; few days later received email that my credit card didn't take (nothing wrong w/ my credit card); had to call & CSR resubmitted & confirmed it accepted; almost 3 weeks later, $ never drafted from my account & I had no notification of products being mailed; called on 11/4 - CSR said order was being put together & shipped w/ in 2 days; called on 11/16 as I still had no money drafted from account nor notification of shipping & it says order was cancelled - they lost a $300 order, but most importantly, a return customer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Tried online order. Didn't work. Had to order by phone. Told to sign up for trial promo for discount but I was charged full price. Called. Told trial promo give coupons. No discounts like stated. Talk to supervisor. Said wouldn't honor discount. Called me a liar. Said could give them a screenshot. Called. Talk to second sup. Did not see order cancellation, she said can't do anything about previous offered 20% off. Still $15 more than previous discount. Reps gave misleading information, ordered 4 before. Problems with each one, previously they tried to help. This time they were rude, disrespectful and untruthful.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I ordered 3 different items to ship to friends and family on 3 different days. They NEVER shipped 15 days later yet charged me. Customer service says they canceled all 3 items yet it does not show canceled and I still have charges. BEWARE BUYERS!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OF NO HELP AT ALL AND COMPANY IS A THIEF.

Collections Etc. Company Information