1.16/5

100 Collections Etc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2019

I received an email from Collections Etc. on 5/21/19, stating I had 15 percent off my purchase. It said the discount would be deducted at the end of my purchase. I proceeded to make my selections, went to check out, used my PayPal to pay and when I was directed back they never deducted the 15 percent. That was at 4:32 p.m. I immediately called them at 4:34 p.m. when I received the email and explained that they didn't deduct my coupon at the end of my purchase, they told me that their policy was the coupon was not good for 48 hours. I said it did not say that on my email, actually it said, "Click here to start shopping." I was told, "Well that is the policy." I said "ok please cancel my order," she said "ok hold on please."

She put me on hold and then came back and said, "Ok the order is cancelled, here is your cancellation number," I said "Ok I'm ready," she said, "I'm sorry. Hold on one more minute." She got back on the phone and said, "We cannot cancel your order because it already went to shipping." I said, "Excuse me, that is impossible, I placed that order 2 minutes before calling you." She said, "It went to shipping, there is nothing I can do." I asked to speak to a manager, who told me exactly what she did, that I had to wait 48 hours before using a coupon even though it doesn't say it anywhere on the email.

I asked him to cancel my order, that is false advertisement, he told me my order already went to shipping. I said, "Seriously come on now, you haven't even gotten paid from PayPal yet. I placed the order 5 minutes ago, why would you want to lose a customer over this." He didnt care, he refused to cancel my order and now I have to go through a hassle to get my money back from them. This was a lowlife grimey move on their part and I would recommend nobody buy from this company because they do no honor satisfaction guaranteed.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Customer service is very unreasonable and not at all happy to help you in any way. Corporate is even worse! I have spoken with over 8 different people trying to justify my order which was incorrectly charged AND still no one can correct the issue? I have to wait on the items to be shipped then pay a return fee. Absurd!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Bought Tiki Solar Light. Worked for like 4 days. Emailed customer service... twice. No reply. Requested a return label. Got that but it was printed on there. I will be charged 7.99. The light was only 14.99. So in other words if you get defective junk you get less than half back. Beware... Stay away from them!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I made a purchase of $74.01 with my debit card, I check my bank account the next day to make sure i5 was taken out, WELL, they charged me TWICE for the same order. I call them and told them about the situation, and was told i5 would drop off in 3 to 5 business days. They said it was a HOLD on the account. Most companies charge a buck or two, it would of been nice of them to tell me that they were going to do that. NEVER AGAIN will I buy stuff from them!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

The product did not work as promoted, wire mesh on one cylinder too small for sunflower seed, wire mesh on second cylinder too large for any bird seed, perch and outlet on the third cylinder did not attract any birds. Company at first authorized return but did not provide a prepaid return label, than they hid behind their 30 day policy and said it was too long and no return would be accepted. So I appealed to Amazon A to Z Return/Refund policy and even they denied my request. So DON'T TRUST ANY AMAZON POLICIES SINCE THEY ARE MEANINGLESS! As a Amazon Prime customer I expected them to honor their policies. This is my first negative experience but it has taught me a lesson. DON'T TRUST AMAZON TO BACK THEIR CUSTOMER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Collections Etc.?

Original review: April 18, 2019

On 4/16/19, I started a Collections web order. I went to check out via Paypal, but when I was automatically returned to the Collections Etc website, I got a pop-up that 1 item that was in my order was unavailable. There was no indication that Collections took the liberty of placing the order for me anyway without my permission. I did not get an online confirmation. I did not get an email confirmation. I edited the items in my cart and placed a new order. This time it went through, and I got both an online and email confirmation for that order.

Imagine my dismay, when a day later, I got another confirmation for another order--the earlier one that I did NOT place or authorize. I immediately tried to contact Collections about this. Bearing in mind that I was at work and could not engage in a lengthy phone wait and ensuing personal conversation, I tried to contact Collections via three (3) different avenues: By sending an email to them. By messaging them on Facebook. By contacting them via their webform. I did not get a response from any of these attempts.

When I got home, I called the customer service number. I then proceeded to engage in a VERY frustrating conversation with someone who had both a language barrier and an attitude problem. I tried to explain that the order was placed without my authorization, her response was "you placed an internet order, that's YOUR responsibility", followed by "Well, you should have called". At this point I frankly blew my stack, explaining once AGAIN that I did NOT place the order, it was placed without my authorization, and that I tried 3 different ways to contact Customer Service. She said she would send me a return label, I asked if 7.99 would be deducted from my return, she replied YES. Not acceptable.

Today I see that the 67.46 for the unauthorized order was deducted from my Paypal account. I am absolutely livid. They also charged me a shipping fee, since the "unavailable" item put me under the free shipping threshold. As to the person above who said contact them through Facebook...yeah, did that. Yesterday. She finally responded today but wasn't helpful either ("can't cancel shipment").

If you look at their BBB page, it is full of complaints like this. They will try to scam you any way they can, including placing fraudulent orders. If they insist on being cheapskates by using offshore CS, at least offer a 'chat' option because for the love of god I could barely understand the person I spoke with. Never again. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I ordered 3 quilts from them and paid with my debit card 68.67. They took two amounts of 68.67 putting my debit card in the negative! I have been calling them and every time I do so they say something different.. Today they said that the 2nd amount fell off meaning that it would be back on my card within 3-5 days.. I can't stand a liar and a thief. I want my 70 dollars back asap.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Just by reading other reviews, when there are problems with an order, customers seem to either call or email Collections Etc. Don’t waste your time and aggravation with that. Try contacting the company through FB Messaging instead. I can’t guarantee that they will help, but they have been very kind and helpful to me in the past, willing to look into issues and finding a resolution, that is to my satisfaction. It’s just something to try anyway. Personally, I love their merchandise, and do a lot ordering mostly during the Fall and Winter Seasons.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I bought 3 orders (3 pair per order) of Navy Stylish Compression Knee Highs & 3 orders (3 pair per order) of Nude Stylish Compression Knee Highs & 1 order (3 pair per order) of Black Stylish Compression Knee Highs. And directions were wash in cold water by hand. Everything that leaked from these knee highs were ORANGE! It stained my towel, almost stained my sink & tub except I scrubbed with bleach right away. The company only gives me money back for 1 order (3 pair). I can not return for store credit either. The woman kept me on the phone overtalking me and arguing. They would do nothing for 20 minutes then hung up when I said I would never buy another thing from this company! A disgrace! Something should be done. DO NOT BUY FROM COLLECTIONS ETC!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I placed an order for 3 items on March 1st 2019. I ordered multiple sets of an item, my total was wrong so I called. I was told the item was backordered, but only for 7 days. So I said I still want them. I then receive a message saying my order was not authorized by PayPal. I called PayPal they said they were waiting on Merchant, so I call Collections back. They say they'll resubmit the order and wait two days for confirmation. Still nothing, I call again, resubmit again... See the stupidity here. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Apparently you get two kinds of help, incompetence or rudeness. Both supervisors could CARE LESS if a customer is unhappy. I was also told the matter would be escalated to another supervisor who just happened to be in a meeting. Needless to say I never got called back.

I called back to try one more time with the second "I could care less if your unhappy" supervisor. Again, it's PayPal's fault. Well it's odd my husband placed an order using PayPal with no problem!!! So my solution CANCEL THE ORDER on March 21, 2019, 20 days waiting for nothing!!! A bit of advice to Collections Etc. HIRE COMPETENT PEOPLE!!!

Original review: March 19, 2019

ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK! We ordered twin size sheets that arrived damaged. Upon calling the company, they told us to keep the damaged item, and they would issue a credit certificate by SNAIL MAIL. After waiting 6 weeks for this, I called again and was told it would be in the mail and arrive in 7-10 days. 13 business days later, I called again. This time she gave me a credit certificate number over the phone (Are you also asking, why didn't they do this in the first place?). I went online to reorder the item and it took the certificate number, but charged $7.99 Shipping and $2.95 processing. I called AGAIN (this is the 4th time) and was told she could take the order over the phone, offering free shipping, but the company policy was to always charge the processing fee. We finally agreed to pay it, but let it be known that we would never order from them again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have to agree with the other negative comments... And this is after I have given this company several opportunities to fix their mistakes. Terrible company that I would suggest avoiding. Does not stand by their policies and promotions. Customer service is a waste of time that will only say you (the customer) are wrong, only providing an explanation that doesn't explain or address the issue. I have never dealt with a company before with such poor customer service as this one.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I sent the return and it was received on January 17th 2019. I was not sent a replacement and my credit card was not credited. I called them 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks after return was sent back and no credit or replacement. Customer service would not give me their name or put a supervisor on the phone. I have proof of delivery back to them from UPS dated January 17th 2019 and they refuse to give me my money back or a replacement.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I tried several times to get a return order credited back by email. Received 18 TIMES that "UNable TO FIND ORDER." WRONG! AFTER 1 1/2 MONTHS, GOT the exchange done! They certainly don't know how to do customer service! Be very careful ordering from this company! Must be poor management or something. They have good products but takes a very long time to receive it. Do not try to return or receive a refund! Poor, poor, poor customer service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I placed an order last November, they were mainly Christmas Gifts. They overcharged my PayPal acct. Received in Jan '18, with 1/2 the items being out of stock when original confirmation receipt said everything was in stock. I promised myself I wouldn't order anytime soon. So, today Nov 14 2018 I ordered again. They overcharged my PayPal account AGAIN!! After talking to 2 of their reps (in the Philippines and their limited English), I was hung up on twice, the third time asked for a supervisor. She still could not account for the PayPal overcharge, this all took about 1 1/2 hours!! Now, I NEVER order from Collections Etc. UNLESS I develop a liking for frustration, disappointment and paying more than what is in WRITING!! Yes, I was refunded the money last year, but I had NO gifts!! Terrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My family loves shopping with Collections Etc. They have the best selection and the best customer service when buying online. I will be back many times for our shopping needs. Their As Seen on TV section is my favorite.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

April of 2016 I ordered a step ladder w/ rails and a fruit holder, never received the items so after many contacts with the company I received a refund check in the wrong amount. The check bounced so I held on to it for awhile then tried to re-deposit it hoping it would go through this time. They owe me $67.93 but the refund check was for $55.76, don't know why the difference. How can a company cheat so many people and get away with it? There should be a law. The copy of their check bounced again when I re-deposited it. Owner of Taylor Gifts should be put in jail.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

In March, I called Taylor Gifts order line and spoke with a customer service representative named "Steven." I ordered a Mobil Desk and Craft Center for $199.98, plus shipping. My confirmation number was **. Steven said that the order would be ready for delivery in 2-4 weeks. The payment was charged to my credit card in August of 2016. Today is November 2, and I still have NOT RECEIVED my ORDER! I tried calling all the phone numbers listed for Taylor Gifts online and none are working phone numbers.

A couple of months ago, I wrote Taylor Gifts a letter of inquiry at the address listed, and to date, I have NOT RECEIVED the COURTESY of a RESPONSE, nor was the letter returned to me, so I know that someone received it. It is now 8 months later, I have paid for an item that I never received. I am hopeful that Taylor Gifts will still make good and send me my missing desk and craft center. After so many months and an inability to reach Taylor Gifts, I am starting to lose hope and am beginning to think that maybe I have been cheated. Help!

Original review: June 27, 2016

On April 9, 2016, I sent an order to Taylor Gifts enclosing a check for $88.84. On April 20th I received an email that the items had been back ordered. Finally after no response on June 27, 2016, I called to discover their phone was disconnected and the second just rang and rang. My check had been cashed. I am a senior citizen and ordering online or through catalogs was convenient but now I have no faith I will receive my order and will no longer order online or from catalogs. I noticed on other reviews some said Walmart/Taylor Gifts, is this the parent company? Could Walmart be someone to contact? I appreciate the info from the other reviews, hope we all get our money back.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Order was sent to Taylor Gifts on March 21, 2016, confirmation of shipment on March 23, backorder of part of order email received March 29. My check was cashed. When shipped part of order was received on April 10, I returned 3 items that I had over-ordered for refund or credit. No response of any kind from company. Since then I've called each number several times and neither works. I've sent 3 emails over time and no response. Found out today that company filed for Chapter 7 on April 22. As I am on a fixed income, I cannot afford to part with that amount of money without something in return, and I really can't imagine how someone can be so cruel. I intend to file whatever form I have to for compensation. But now I have to navigate a confusing process to do that. I would like to know if Taylor Gifts was part of another company that is still in business as many catalog companies are.

Original review: June 22, 2016

In March 2016, I sent a check for 69.90. The check was cashed, endorsed by Taylor Gifts. I have a copy front and back of the check. What a horrible company!!! No merchandise has arrived, therefore no order number etc. Thank you.

Original review: June 17, 2016

My 98 year old mother ordered an adjustable blanket support from Better Senior Living. She received 2 replies that the item was on back order and would be shipped on 03/23/16 and 04/15/16. To date this item has not been received. The check was cashed. I've tried to contact them by phone. The phone rings 2/3x and then a busy signal is heard. Tried computer to no avail page says "error". The other 2 items were received. The account number is **. She is due a refund of $20.51 (17.98 for item, H/P 1.54 and insurance .99).

Original review: June 15, 2016

Consider me one more person to have Taylor Gifts steal my money. I bought a $30 talking watch for my 94 year old mother - it didn't work. I sent it back for a full refund only to have the watch returned with a notice that said they had "moved with no forwarding address." I will continue to pursue this company and will make sure they are reported.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Placed an order for 2 items back in March 2016. One item was discontinued so they issued a check. April 18, 2016 I called to see where was the 2nd item. Spoke with Ember who said it was backordered and would be delivered May 5th, 2016. Almost a month later and item is still not here. Have tried calling several times -1-800-516-1165 and call does not go thru. Have checked website www.betterseniorliving.com and it does not work. Guess this is another customer they screwed out of more money!

Original review: June 2, 2016

We ordered a chin strap for my husband's CPAP machine. It did not fit correctly. Returned on 03/16/16 for a refund. Have not heard anything and it is 06/01/16. Tried to go to website on return slip www.taylorgifts.com. Not found. Called customer service number 1-610-725-1100 and got a recorded message that said "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please call again later." Next complaint will go to Walmart.

Original review: May 24, 2016

Placed and order with Taylor Gifts in February 2016. The check was cashed, but still no merchandise. I have written to them, tried to call, all for nothing. I guess at this point the 85.82 check I wrote was for their own needs as I have not gotten a thing.

Original review: May 21, 2016

The first of the year I ordered this item. After several months of being told they were backordered I called and demanded my money back. I finally got the $45.00 check. I had always had good luck with Taylor Gifts. I deposited the check into my account at the bank, later to be told it came back but I was also charged $10.00 because of it. It has soured me from ordering from ANY catalog I get in the mail. If an address is emailed me I'll send copies of what I have.

Original review: May 21, 2016

This company failed to send me items I ordered. Upon complaint, they sent me two refund checks. Both checks bounced and I had to pay the penalty of $11.00 to my bank. I am 91 years old and this is outrageous! I want my $80.90 plus $11.00 paid back.

Original review: May 18, 2016

On April 21, 2016 I mail an order, with my check in the full payment amount to Taylor Gifts. I placed an order for Static Cling Privacy Film, to cover bathroom window in my home. The item number is 40031 Frosted, on sale for $17.98 each X 4 = $ 77.86. I have not received the items ordered, or the return of my check, a refund of the $ 77.86 sent to them. The toll-free number listed on the catalog I placed the order from does not work. I have repeatedly tried to contact Taylor Gifts, and cannot get any response from them. I don't have an order number since I mailed my order to them and haven't been able to contact them.

Original review: May 17, 2016

I ordered the zipper bra back on April the 4th 2016. I have called Wal-Mart who gave me their customer's service number in which I have called everyday up to today and still no answer so I guess I'm just out of 66 dollars. If anyone from this company sees this feel free to contact me.

Collections Etc. Company Information