2. Miscellaneous

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers on-demand shipping labels with rate discounts of up to 40%. New account holders receive a four-week free trial, free postage and other supplies just for signing up. Postage can be purchased and printed online, and the company sells a variety of shipping supplies with free shipping on select orders. Membership to this service offers significant savings to those who ship packages frequently and would like to cut down on trips to the post office.

BOTTOM LINE

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the Postal Service and UPS. Through these partnerships, it offers shipping rate discounts of up to 40%. A monthly membership costs $17.99 per month, with a free four-week trial for all new customers.

PROS

• Enterprise pricing available
  • Introductory perks
  • Rate discounts up to 40%
  • Free trial

CONS

• Limited to USPS and UPS
  • Monthly membership fee

Top Stamps.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

I have been using Stamps.com for many years and only a couple of times run into a printing problem… I am so impressed with those at Stamps.com, I would hire any of them to work for me and I am PICKY! Not having to go to the post office is such a blessing…

In spite of the fact that I like the postal employees at our post office, it is a very small one with only two clerks. It is so nice to be able to handle all my Priority Mail from the office or home and not have to stand in line for a long time!

Stamps.com Learn More

What is Stamps.com?

Stamps.com is a membership service that offers discount shipping rates with the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. Once you purchase your membership, you can print shipping labels 24/7 with the click of a button. These labels are discounted and cheaper than shipping at the post office.

The company has no hidden fees, and there’s no guesswork when weighing or measuring your package. Stamps.com can also be integrated with warehouse operations and enterprise companies.

Stamps.com costs

A monthly membership with Stamps.com costs $17.99 per month, and new subscribers get a free four-week trial. With this membership, customers receive discounts of up to 40% on shipping rates with the Postal Service.

Stamp.scom also offers introductory offers that include free postage and shipping accessories, such as a digital scale. For enterprise pricing, contact a Stamps.com account specialist for a custom quote. Stamps.com can also be implemented with warehouse operations with no fees.

Stamps.com FAQ

Is there a monthly fee for Stamps.com?
    Yes. It costs $17.99 per month for a Stamps.com membership. With this membership, customers receive shipping rate discounts, on-demand label printing and free introductory offers.
    Does Stamps.com offer packages?
    You can purchase packages and other shipping supplies from Stamps.com. Free shipping is available on orders of $50 or more.
    What does Stamps.com do?
    Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers postage, packing supplies and shipping rate discounts for a monthly membership fee.
    Is Stamps.com safe?
    Yes, Stamps.com is safe. It is an approved licensed vendor of the Postal Service and offers reliable, discounted postage for individuals and businesses.

Is Stamps.com worth it?

Stamps.com offers discounts ranging from 7% to 40% for different shipping rates and package insurance. With a monthly fee of $17.99, a membership is only worth it for those who send enough packages to see these benefits. This service is only for those who ship exclusively with the U.S. Postal Service or UPS, but a membership offers significant savings to those who do.

Stamps.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Opened account and bought postage, when I tried to print it said my account was suspended. Attempted to contact customer service several times and they are always closed. When I closed my account since I was unable to use it, their message is they don't refund postage that has been purchased. This company scams people out of their money and doesn't provide the service they promise. Shut yourself down! The worst.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Login problems. Macintosh problems. Labels are not standard size, (3.5 x 5 v. 4 x 5 standard size), so you can't buy them elsewhere, unless you enjoy spending half a day measuring and remeasuring. Their labels cost more. Software update wipes out your info. Then you log in next day, and your info seems to be restored. Then you try to weigh a package, then it says you have to update, sending you in a psycho-spiral (didn't I just do that?!). Then you call them. "Wait time: 10 minutes."

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I’m an experienced web user and am not easily fooled. I went to this website to purchase a label to ship a box to my son, but kept running into issues with the site, so I ended up having to go to the post office instead. Next thing I know, I’m being charged $18.72 per month. I don’t recall agreeing to a subscription. Why would I? I mail out a box maybe once a year. I spoke to Mattie in customer service and after checking with a supervisor, they were “nice” enough to stop any further charges and to credit me 1 of 4 charges. Only later did I learn that stamps.com is not USPS, but an authorized vendor. I feel deceived by this whole incident.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Hi folks, this company does the scam where you sign up for a trial account and then, even if you buy nothing, they start billing you monthly but never send you a statement. I noticed the charge after a couple months and canceled, but I'm very sure they are monthly billing many unsuspecting consumers. Had I done my homework and googled them before signing up for the trial, I would have seen they are a scam. Not sure why the Better Business Bureau or similar hasn't shut them down.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Their system just stopped working. Kept giving error message and we couldn't use since May. Hours wasted on phone with customer service and endless emails. Most times put us on hold and just never came back. Worst part is they continue to bill our bank account. Now we have to call bank and deny charges. Stay clear they will take your money for no service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I decided to have a "virtual yard sale" this year and needed to ship a few packages so I thought this would be great to save me the trouble of going to the post office. First month was free. I was having some problems with making the labels so I decided not to use it at all and tried cancelling during that first month but wasn't given an option anywhere to do it. I just assumed they would give me a heads up before a monthly bill was charged like other companies do. Well I checked my bank statement and it said that I was charged $19.20 by Stamps.com.

I was finally given the option of cancelling my account, which made me believe they purposefully left the option out of my account during my free trial so that they could charge me. After cancelling my account I received an email saying that they were refunding me for any unused credit. However, when I checked my bank account again I still didn't have a refund and now they were charging me more money for God knows what. Since I cancelled my account I can't log in anymore to look at anything either so I'm not sure where they were getting that from. Just stay away from this place!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

When I first used them, it was helpful, in April of 2020, but the last two months have been terrible! I have not been able to reach any help, their phone number does not work today, they give me a new temporary password when mine does not work and the temporary password does not work. The most frustrating thing is not to be able to reach them. The idea is so great to be able to mail from home but if I can ever reach anyone to cancel, I will!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This is how their fraud is committed. You can purchase USPS as well as UPS labels through STAMPS.COM. All of your USPS label purchases are provided in your purchase history report. You can purchase UPS labels as well - but STAMPS conveniently hides these purchases from your account. That's right!! No proof that you ever purchased a UPS label. NOW - since they hide these UPS purchases from your purchase history - you are going to get a horrible surprise - like I did. STAMPS is going to PRETEND that UPS had to adjust your shipping label by over $1000. THAT'S RIGHT! You won't know about this until they have drained your bank account.

I shipped a 36 pound roll of fabric and they want to pretend it became 150 pounds and more than quadrupled in size. They will try to tell you that it wasn't them! And they will refuse to provide you with any proof of any package adjustment. BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST! If I had known that the Santa Clara DAs consumer protection unit had already won a class action lawsuit against STAMPS for their continued fraud and theft from their customers.... I never would have done business with this horrible company. Guess it's time to join one of the several new pending class action lawsuits against this fraudulent bunch of thieves!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Stamps.com purposely set up website to bill people even if they do not want their service. I wanted information. Financial information required to get information, I thought this was to qualify me IF I wanted service. When I realized it was a commercial mailing business, I sent email (the ONLY contact provided was by email) that I did NOT want service. I was hospitalized a few days later, and was unable to monitor finances for 10 months, until well enough to do so. My credit union alerted me to a potential fraud.

I contacted Stamps.com again, explained and asked for refund. Agents agreed I had never received equipment, literature or any service but too bad I would not get refund of fraudulent monthly billing for almost a year. They agreed it was company error and apologized but said the most they could do was a partial refund. Stamps.com should have never set up withdraws from my financial account. Even with NO use of this company, and no action, this company is just a SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I set up an account and started off well. I printed postage with no problems. About a week later I had 17 charges of 25.00 each which resulted in my account being over drafted. I canceled account and card but continue to receive notices that they were unable to process yet another payment of 25.00. I have emailed them. Called them but they continue to try to charge me. I now have to wait to dispute the charges to get my money back. Do not trust this site with your bank information.

Stamps.com Company Information