1.92/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Stamps.com

Stamps.com easily calculates and prints official USPS postage for anything from postcards to packages – domestic or international. You can even print postage right on envelopes – including the address – all in one step.

544 Stamps.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

I signed up with Stamps.com because I wanted to ship something first class mail and not wait in line for an hour at the post office. I had no idea I would be charged $15.99 a month after 4 month trial. Maybe I did see that but forgot about it. I never received any email statement. They were charging me for months over 2 years. I used this service 4 times. I should do better job checking my credit card statement. I use it for everything. Has lot of charges on there. I just missed it for months. I have several other monthly fees for things. I get a statement when I'm charged.

I'm guessing this is part of their business model for dumb people like me. They can sneak $16 a month. What I found even worse about them was when I checked the different service plans the cheapest was $15.99 Pro plan. When I went to cancel they tried to keep me by offering $7.99 basic plan which was never offered before. What kind of honest business plays these games with service plans. If you do use this company cancel before the trial is up. Reading some of these reviews they like to play games with that too. I would just avoid them.

Original review: June 8, 2018

NOTE: I'm not invalidating others' experiences. I'm just speaking about my own as an occasional user of stamps since I don't send much physical mail. Below are some tips and pointers I gained. I really enjoy the fact that I can print out stamps from the comfort of my own home. When printing here's the key: ABUSE THE TEST SHEET!!! I used it three times just because the zoom and print range were a fraction of an inch off. Don't print until it's perfect. I now have 9 perfectly printed stamps, and will use them probably over the course of the year.

Now, for the disappointments. Firstly, you can't cancel your subscription online or through email. It must be over the phone. Why do they do this when you can do everything else over the phone? Really makes no sense other than to make it even more inconvenient to unsubscribe. Clearly it's the suits of the company that did this.

Here's something Stamps.com won't tell you in any other way other than through customer service, and only if you ask: they have an option for **$4.99/mo for 15 stamps**, instead of the regular plan of $15.99/mo for unlimited stamps. They are only allowed to tell you if you specifically ask for other plans! Neither will they remind you when you reactivate the account. I think this is clearly a money-making business strategy, which is fine since they can do what they want, but it's not in the best interest of the consumer.

As for the account dashboard, there's an EXTREMELY annoying entry called "Manual Orders", and it appears as a [1] next to "Awaiting Shipment", which is reminiscent of unread notifications of messages. Why? For no reason other than to encourage the user to BUY MORE BUY MORE BUY MORE!!! For those who know UI, this is a serious "dark pattern" they've employed.

Conclusion: it's still worth checking out and ordering. I'm perfectly happy to not have to call them for a year or so, pay $4.99 + amount to print 15 stamps, and de-activate my account afterward again. But it's these other things that get in the way of the experience, things that clearly make it harder on the user simply to make more money, that I think Stamps.com seriously needs to reconsider if they want to gain and keep users and last for the long run.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had no idea looking at the Stamps.com website that I would be charged monthly $20 just to use the stamp printing service... I canceled service immediately upon being charged a recurring fee of $20 and called for a refund of $20 to which the rep said she could only refund $10 as a courtesy and possibly her boss could refund more later??? Weird... So you pay $20 a month for service and then pay additional for any stamps or stamp sheets you buy... WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I signed up for 2 accounts for different family members to get discounted shipping, only to find out later that their plans start charging you 18 USD monthly for the discounted shipping which I can get at PayPal for free of charge. Now before I could cancel my account, their security team has frozen my account and wouldn't allow me verify my account with them, because idiots blocked me from doing it, and I have multiple emails and God knows which one I used, and to verify my account they even had audacity to ask me for what kind of items I am selling which it doesn't even concern them and it's not their business to know, they are not a payment processing company nor a bank so they can literally piss off with asking me such question. Either way, their tactic is to free your account so they can charge monthly fees because you can't cancel them, since it's frozen. That's super unethical and scammy, I would stay away from their (scam) business.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Fast to take money. Slow to refund. After downsizing and wanting to sell my collections, I used Stamps.com for my postage services from my home. It was nothing but a nightmare for that 4 months. When things go right it's wonderful, when things go wrong it's a nightmare. Some of their labels misprint. Two different printers were sent. Same issue with both. After first reprint you must pay again and wait for any refund. Supervisors are liars. Finally after cancel it took several calls to final refunds for reprint errors. Not worth the hassles. Avoid them if possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: April 25, 2018

Almost 8 years with this company and bought many thousands of dollars worth of stamps and because I passed some time and didn't submit the claim within THEIR TIME FRAME I lost one package with almost $500 in merchandise and $70 in postage including insurance. Now I lost everything and they lost my business too. Very quick on getting your money but you never get your money back if you lose something. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Stay away from Stamps.com! They charge a monthly fee for services that are free for businesses on Paypal.com or USPS.com. But that's not why I gave them 1 stars, they use legal fine print trickery that you don't see to trick you into paying for more services than what you even need. Even if you go less than 1 day past your first month, they charge you for an entire second months of use even if you don't use any of the services. They won't charge you until after the months period has ended, so the only way to avoid this is to cancel your credit card.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Opened Stamps.com pro account in 2017, cost $15.99 per month, didn’t use much since most function can be replaced by PayPal label creator. Cancelled the account by the end of 2017. However, the $15.99 monthly subscription charges kept showing for another 4 months. Called the customer services and they couldn’t find out why the account was being charged after cancellation. They won’t issue refund or even stop future charges saying ‘we can’t do that without knowing why it was charged’. Finally, I had to call my bank to block Stamps.com for this to stop. The service is quite outdated, most of its functions are free on every seller's platform or PayPal.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I would not recommend this product. The app which you need to print envelopes would not download onto my computer and despite repeated requests to their customer service department their solutions were inadequate and unhelpful.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Signed up to see if I needed their service. Never ever used them but it ending costing over 700.00. Tried to cancel numerous times but could never spend 2 hours waiting for someone. Guess it's my fault. BUT STILL WHAT A RIP-OFF.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Stamps.com is saving me money! No more trips to the Post Office & waiting in line, packages go by actual weight and they are picked up at my home! I had to call customer service 1 time & the gentleman I spoke with was fabulous, helped resolve my issue quickly (which was my own fault, nothing to do with them/system), and he made sure all was great for me before hanging up! I would recommend them to everyone!!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

I just cancelled my account after having been charged $15.99 for NO POSTAGE. The monthly charge does not provide postage. I originally purchased $400 in postage and used all but about $65.00 of it. My refund is $8 according to Stamps.com even though the balance of unused postage is $65.00, and there was $39.15 available to me this morning before I cancelled my account. This outfit is stealing money out of my pocket.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been using Stamps.com for a few years and it is very useful. I work in multiple offices and it is great to be able to print envelopes and stamps from anywhere. Customer service has always been responsive. I have the premium service which includes certified mail. Products are a bit pricey but they work.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I opened my account in June of 2014, iirc, to send divorce papers to my ex husband. I used it once more that Xmas season of 2014 to send two packages. I completely forgot about it for a YEAR and called to cancel in December 2015. I was somehow talked into staying on and totally forgot about my subscription as it was on a credit card we denoted as 'do not use' personally to pay down the debt and save for emergencies. Well, emergency hit this month and I'm checking the balance when I see that next to our monthly payment every month there's a Stamps.com charge. Oh my god we've been paying them for 2 years for nothing.

I call to cancel and the employee this time didn't try to talk me out of it. He asked if I was looking for refunds and I said I wasn't intent on any but I'd take whatever they'd offer. I understand the scheme and I played the fool. He connected me to a supervisor and she took a look at my account and not only got the year wrong (I have records apparently she doesn't) but felt the urge to condescendingly state that 'Stamps.com doesn't work based on usage' but she'd cut me 2 months of a refund. So I got 10 bucks out of 220.

I get that it's my fault. I forgot about the subscription but it was pretty rude to throw that comment my way like I was demanding anything or acted entitled. So this is just a warning to those of you who may want to get an account with Stamps.com for a single use that they'll talk you into staying and then you'll probably forget about it and have given hundreds of dollars to them for literally nothing. I paid for almost 4 years of a service to save 45c shipping on two packages.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I signed up for what I thought was a free trial. Then found out I was being charged $15.99 every month whether I used it or not. Went through what looked like the online process to cancel it but continued to be charged. Found out you HAVE TO call them to cancel. I am not a person who is easily confused online. I design and code websites.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have been with Stamps.com probably ten-fifteen years. Only once have I had to call the company; it was so long ago that I don't remember why, but I do remember that the problem was fixed. I use the online help, most recently to find out if envelopes needed barcodes. Postage is so easy to print and I like to use the various sheets depicting holidays. Over the years I have sent in four requests for postage refunds and have received them; the guidelines are easy to follow. The codes help me kept track of postage per client so I can bill, if necessary. The $15.99 monthly fee is nothing compared to the gas and time I would have to spend going back and forth to the postage office. Stamps.com keeps me updated on postage rates and the scale weights. My only problem is gauging whether the package or envelope is over 1/4"! I even have postal pickup if my packages fit the postal guidelines. What more would you want!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Stamps.com.... hmm, sounds like an online business right? Until you try to cancel. Stay far away from this scam, which basically resells you postage rates that you can get simply by yourself and then bills you 15.99 per month for nothing... just to generate a profit for them hoping you'll forget about it. On auto-pay this account pulled nearly $600 from me for an account I used maybe 3 times.

When I finally got thru to a rep, they said that they can issue no refunds, and I will receive a final bill for any unpaid months due to the attached card having expired. A 45 minute call involving a supervisor alongside mentioning the BBB and Consumer Affairs did finally get the service canceled and 6 months of prev. fees refunded. Don't bother with them, unless you want to pay rip off fees every month until you have the time it took to cancel BY PHONE, if you can.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Stamps.com is so bad that I created an account here just to review them. Monthly fees are relatively high. The main reason for negative review though is that they are 100% online service, yet you have to call and wait a long time on hold to cancel. They did wipe $50 in service fees, so make sure you push to a supervisor to cancel fees if any are owed.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I tried the 4 weeks trial period and was billed 15.99 for the next three months. I never used the service one time. The trial cost me $47.97 before I figured it out that I was being billed like a gym membership. I suggest you never use this program.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

There are so many glitches with this service! There was a huge payment glitch on January 22nd 2018 where my postage purchased was shown as deducted and processed in my PayPal account. I woke up on February 16th with over $100 in charges from Stamps.com. I called and was told there was a glitch on the 22nd and the charges were never completed. I was not notified of this issue ahead of time. My account was overdrawn because of this payment glitch. ALL I ask for is communication from this company. I should have received an email about this issue before they deducted this postage from my account. Horrible customer service!! There needs to be more transparency with these glitches. This is not the first time this has happen to me. I canceled my account after almost 5 years... The customer service needs MAJOR work.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Don't sign up for this...it sounds great till you can't use their service and horrible customer service, so I have had this service for a small business for over a year, and had so many technical issues, and when I called and explained this the company did not care. Don't waste your money, you will be the one losing...

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I've been using Stamps.com since May 26, 2011 for business postage. They replaced a competitor for less than 1/2 the price we were being charged. They have been a good company with great customer service for the last 6 years and 8 months. If you're looking for a business postage company, Stamps.com is one of the most cost-effective and easy to use systems out there. I think some folks here are confused because they didn't bother to read their welcome email.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Signed up for welcome kit. Never received it and was charged almost $80 for nothing. They claimed it to be an account fee and said there was no way possible to refund any money. Asked for a supervisor who claimed she could only refund 3 months which was $45. She offered to give me a credit to be used at stamps.com. They are very dishonest and very shady business.

Reading other reviews I see where they can refund more and I would never use them because of the way they obviously stay in business is by stealing people's hard earned money. It's sad that they can't earn money the right way. I do a lot of shipping and I will never use stamps.com. Shame on this company. I'm a true believer in karma. Sooner or later this will all catch up with them. Unfortunately I didn't read reviews before signing up for a welcome kit that I never received. But I will review before using any other online company or entering my information.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I ordered a sheet of photo stamps 27 months ago. I had a discount and put in my credit card for a .49 cent charge. Apparently it signed me up for some business shipping plan at 15.99 a month. I don't own a business, nor have I shipped anything. Because my credit card was being paid by another party I had no idea of the charges until I logged on to my card to update contact info. I didn't even know I had a stamps.com account. No receipts or statements were ever sent by them. $500 in charges for services never used to get my .49 cent stamps.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

One of Stamps.com earliest customers (ask them) and recommended them to my spouse's company. Issues over past 25+ years? Sure. Consistently best experience through the years is the one-on-one tech assistance. One call solved my dilemmas every time even when it was my error. I count on one hand the number of times I thought I needed to call. Recently I had difficulty (impatience) with Stamps Connect. I was mentored through the solution. All is well now. Let also share, Stamps.com compared to the old fashioned 5 year stiff contract alternative with clunking boat anchor, Stamps.com wins. Refunds? Easy.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I cancelled my account before the trial period and was still charged $15.99 and they may potentially still charge me another month, this company is pure scam! I didn't even use their service. I will make sure to tell everyone I know, that this company is in to steal your money. So sad.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I was charged for an extra month even though I canceled within my trial. Be it I was on the last day that still is "inside my trial period". Would not recommend this shady sign up and cancel business to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

While attempting to purchase stamps online one day I came across the website stamps.com I had to sign up for an account to view prices. I decided not to make a purchase because prices were outrageous. I just checked my bank account and they charged me $15.99 for nothing. I called to complain and they told me as soon as I created an account that was my authorization for them to bill me and create an annual membership. I am not happy!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My assistant signed up for an account for my Legal Office because she said it would save us a lot of money. 9 months later my credit cards sends me a notification that I might be getting double charged. I look at it and sure enough. I've been paying $15 twice per month and I fired that assistant shortly after she signed up for the accounts on an unrelated matter so not only have I been paying for two accounts that I don't use... she had put a 90 credit on one of the accounts.

I called madder than a freight train and was transferred to a supervisor to get a refund. The Manager couldn't refund everything but she went above and beyond to refund 6 months and give me the next three months free for my account with an existing credit. This works out since I decided to start using Stamps.com for myself. I wonder if this is worth my time to do this but I truly believe that the Manager Sharmila deserves some recognition. Thank you for your efforts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Signed up for free trial - and kept getting billed $15.99/month. I got dinged for 9 months before finding out these charges on my credit card. When I canceled they said it's like a gym membership and it's nonrefundable. They ended up refunding the last month and said they can't go back more than 30 days. Read the fine print people.

Stamps.com Company Information