3.9/5 (565 ratings)

About Stamps.com

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers on-demand shipping labels with rate discounts of up to 40%. New account holders receive a four-week free trial, free postage and other supplies just for signing up. Postage can be purchased and printed online, and the company sells a variety of shipping supplies with free shipping on select orders. Membership to this service offers significant savings to those who ship packages frequently and would like to cut down on trips to the post office.

Pros

• Enterprise pricing available
  • Introductory perks
  • Rate discounts up to 40%
  • Free trial

Cons

• Limited to USPS and UPS
  • Monthly membership fee

Bottom Line

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the Postal Service and UPS. Through these partnerships, it offers shipping rate discounts of up to 40%. A monthly membership costs $17.99 per month, with a free four-week trial for all new customers.

Top Stamps.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using Stamps.com for many years and only a couple of times run into a printing problem… I am so impressed with those at Stamps.com, I would hire any of them to work fo...

Verified

In spite of the fact that I like the postal employees at our post office, it is a very small one with only two clerks. It is so nice to be able to handle all my Priority Mail from...

What is Stamps.com?

Stamps.com is a membership service that offers discount shipping rates with the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. Once you purchase your membership, you can print shipping labels 24/7 with the click of a button. These labels are discounted and cheaper than shipping at the post office.

The company has no hidden fees, and there’s no guesswork when weighing or measuring your package. Stamps.com can also be integrated with warehouse operations and enterprise companies.

Stamps.com costs

A monthly membership with Stamps.com costs $17.99 per month, and new subscribers get a free four-week trial. With this membership, customers receive discounts of up to 40% on shipping rates with the Postal Service.

Stamp.scom also offers introductory offers that include free postage and shipping accessories, such as a digital scale. For enterprise pricing, contact a Stamps.com account specialist for a custom quote. Stamps.com can also be implemented with warehouse operations with no fees.

Stamps.com FAQ

Is there a monthly fee for Stamps.com?
Yes. It costs $17.99 per month for a Stamps.com membership. With this membership, customers receive shipping rate discounts, on-demand label printing and free introductory offers.
Does Stamps.com offer packages?
You can purchase packages and other shipping supplies from Stamps.com. Free shipping is available on orders of $50 or more.
What does Stamps.com do?
Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers postage, packing supplies and shipping rate discounts for a monthly membership fee.
Is Stamps.com safe?
Yes, Stamps.com is safe. It is an approved licensed vendor of the Postal Service and offers reliable, discounted postage for individuals and businesses.

Is Stamps.com worth it?

Stamps.com offers discounts ranging from 7% to 40% for different shipping rates and package insurance. With a monthly fee of $17.99, a membership is only worth it for those who send enough packages to see these benefits. This service is only for those who ship exclusively with the U.S. Postal Service or UPS, but a membership offers significant savings to those who do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

On 09/20/2022, the mail carrier picked up a package with the confirmation number ** from my home. That package is a 2-day, priority medium box package which should be delivered on 09/22/2022 to the addressee. That package has not moved in your system at all. Where is my package? The driver picked up the package with 14 other packages making that package number 15. She scanned the bar code for the packages. I am starting to think that she has stolen my package. Yes, that is the way I am see this and the way I will file my complaint with Consumer Affairs. Where is my package?!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

At first, I wondered how this $17.99 monthly charge had slipped my attention for so long. So shame on me. But as soon as I reviewed this company online (The BBB and Consumer Affairs), I realized that I had TONS of company. My complaint was shared by almost every respondent online. This company hides the fact that you're entering a subscription with them and then charges you ... for absolutely nothing. This has gone on for four years! In a word, these folks are scoundrels and they're practicing a SCAM. What a huge disappointment.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Four months ago I was trying to buy a shipping stamp for a package from the USPS website and it seemed that the only option for me was to click on a link that took me to Stamps.com. Then I realized that I had to open an account, which I did. After looking further into it I decided it would be easier to go to the post in person and ship my package. Fast forward four months and I see a recurring bill charge for $17.99 on my VISA bill from Stamps.com which unfortunately I had missed on the previous 3 statements. When I called the company I was told the charge was the base service fee for having an account, whether you use it or not. Apparently I had missed the fine print.

First I was told there could not be any refunds, then they started to negotiate with me and offered to refund the last bill and waive the upcoming billing (I should say). Since I wasn't very happy with the deal they then decided to refund the last two charges. Not what I expected but thank you very much. The person I talked to was very nice and apologetic (obviously not from the US) something I can't say for the company policy.

I never used the service but I ended paying $35.98 for the pleasure of storing my personal information and credit card number on their servers for 4 months. Plus I spent 40 minutes on the phone, so I should send them a bill for my time which would come to $50 and another $25 for my time writing this review. Moral of the story, check your recurring bills on your credit card statements.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I bought this business one stamp two years ago. Then I recently discovered they have been piling up charges for two years. They've been sending bills to my credit card company, which flagged them as fraudulent and didn't authorize, and have been sending me bills on my email, which flagged them as scam. Two years after, and after I never ever used this service apart from the one stamp I bought, they are claiming I owe them over $300. It's a very expensive stamp. Not only are they misleading on their website, I actually thought they were affiliated with USPS but turns out they aren't, they are also absolutely not helpful and are refusing to cancel my account. I've been communicating with them for over a month. This is a rogue business, stay away.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I run an ecommerce store and ship with Shipstation every day. When purchasing a shipping label through Shipstation it is purchased through my Stamps.com account. I attempted to purchase a shipping label as normal. After making the purchase, I did not receive the label. I figured this was an error of some kind and that the purchase had not actually been completed, so I attempted again and it failed a second time. I later received two purchase confirmations from stamps.com for these labels, both of which I never received. I contacted stamps.com via email, explaining the situation. I received a boilerplate email with a tutorial on how to request a refund for labels purchased through stamps.com. The problem is that there are no labels to refund. They don't exist. So I called stamps.com, and again explained the situation.

The representative could not find the labels and thus could not refund them to me. They then told me my only option was to dispute the charges with my credit card provider. I then disputed the charges as I was told to do. I received an email from stamps.com explaining how my account was now on hold because of the two chargebacks they received. This is a huge issue because I ship every day for my small business.

I immediately called stamps.com and they then told me that there were only two options, email their resolution department, or pay back the chargebacks... Like I have mentioned twice in this review, I ship every day for my business and my account being on hold is a major problem. The only real option for me, if I wanted to fulfill all of my customers orders in any timely manner, was the give in and pay them the money not to mention an additional 3% charge... Now, I still have a hold on my account for 2 to 24 hours, and I haven't received any real help and I'm out even more money. I am severely disappointed with how this was handled. I have not had an issue like this before after shipping through stamps.com every day since 2014. I will be exploring alternatives.

Original review: March 15, 2022

My husband works in shipping software as a software engineer and I am a real estate broker. I have had to do a lot of mailings so I was looking for an at-home solution to streamline my postage. He suggested Stamps.com about a year ago and it has been an absolute NIGHTMARE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! More times than I can count, my stamps have not been printed or not printed properly. I have to update the driver for their app on my NEW Mac almost every time I launch it. When you click to do their update from their website, you lose the "reprint" button therefore you lose the stamps you're trying to print.

To get a refund it's a complete JOKE! The customer support team told me I have to rip out 20 blank labels that I paid for, fill out a form, pay for more postage to mail them to them as "proof" and THEN I can get refunded my money lost and they'll send me new labels back. How does this save time or money VS going to the post office and getting what you paid for???? How in 2022 can they not see on their end that THEIR WEBSITE gave the error before printing requiring me to update first and then not allowing me to reprint, yet go through a tedious refund process and still end up with no stamps?! This process and support are terrible.

I will go back to the old way until I find a much better company. Buyer beware! You'll pay $19.99 per month for NOTHING but headaches and you'll lose postage money almost every time unless you are willing to make it more work for yourself by filling out forms, mailing in countless ruined labels and waiting weeks for a refund. Get your act together, Stamps.com! Be better!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Stay away. I went shopping on their site and signed up for a new account. After shopping for personalized stamps (as a Christmas gift for my daughter) I was unable to make the purchase. Unbeknownst to me, Stamps.com had enrolled me in a monthly subscription at $19.71 after the expiration of a 4-week trial. The disclosure of the subscription is apparently buried in fine print. I never knowingly authorized any "free trial" and, regardless, I never got an email stating that the free trial was over. One month got past me - my bad for not reviewing my credit card statement more carefully. But, then I noticed a strange unauthorized charge. I went on Stamps.com and found I was enrolled in a monthly subscription. No monthly statement from them. The site also claimed that I ordered a scale. I never ordered the scale and I never received the scale.

Stamps.com is counting on people not carefully reviewing their credit card statements while they get charged for a non-existent and worthless service. It is, in my opinion, a business model based on deception. Also, Stamps.com is misleading in their use of the USPS logo and USPS colors and fonts to make it appear as if it they're affiliated with the USPS. Don't go to this website!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I've been a LONG time customer - with nary a complaint or dissatisfied experience. But recently - after some apparent update - their service S-U-C-K-S! The latest update to their service must have been done by some diversity hire WOKE SJW. Every time I've tried to print out a shipping label - which I've done THOUSANDS OF TIMES over the past 8 years or so - different error messages keep popping up, my contacts can NOT be put in a consistent order, international labels give a message that I am printing multiple labels when I am not.

The past two weeks has had these same issues whether I use my office PC, my laptop or my wife's brand spanking new desktop PC! At first I found work-arounds, put after 1 or 2 labels, they too fall victim to the same error messages from their site. I've talked to them, I have even let them take control remotely of my PC - and each time it's either "we're aware of the issue and are working on it" or I get an email that says: "all fixed!" And no, no it's not. I going to use ship station through Paypal from now on or at least to they hire people based on their aptitude and not their "wokeness."

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

They use the "USPS" acronym to give you an impression that they are affiliated with the postal services. They send you a packet so that you can print a dozen free stamps at home. You don't even realize that you are signing up for a subscription service. They charged my credit card for four months, before I realized what had happened. I requested a full refund and they complied. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Like many others, I entered CC info for a one time transaction two years ago to see if Stamps.com could help with some holiday mailers I had to send out. Then, without my knowledge or authorization, they enrolled me in the pro plan for $17.99 per month after the 'trial' ended. Yes, they list this stipulation in their fine print but they never send monthly invoices and don't show the charges easily on their site under the billing section. It is a small monthly charge but I finally noticed it after over two years and several hundred dollars in charges. Upon calling them, they made it very hard to cancel membership and did not offer any consideration or credits for the months billed. They stated that they do not send monthly invoices (like every other online service I use) because they don't want to "bog down their users inboxes". Sounds more like their business model is built on reoccurring charges that many consumers don't notice on their statements.

Stamps.com Company Information