3.8/5 (559 ratings)

About Stamps.com

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers on-demand shipping labels with rate discounts of up to 40%. New account holders receive a four-week free trial, free postage and other supplies just for signing up. Postage can be purchased and printed online, and the company sells a variety of shipping supplies with free shipping on select orders. Membership to this service offers significant savings to those who ship packages frequently and would like to cut down on trips to the post office.

Pros

• Enterprise pricing available
  • Introductory perks
  • Rate discounts up to 40%
  • Free trial

Cons

• Limited to USPS and UPS
  • Monthly membership fee

Bottom Line

Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the Postal Service and UPS. Through these partnerships, it offers shipping rate discounts of up to 40%. A monthly membership costs $17.99 per month, with a free four-week trial for all new customers.

Top Stamps.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Verified

I have been using Stamps.com for many years and only a couple of times run into a printing problem… I am so impressed with those at Stamps.com, I would hire any of them to work fo...

Verified

In spite of the fact that I like the postal employees at our post office, it is a very small one with only two clerks. It is so nice to be able to handle all my Priority Mail from...

What is Stamps.com?

Stamps.com is a membership service that offers discount shipping rates with the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. Once you purchase your membership, you can print shipping labels 24/7 with the click of a button. These labels are discounted and cheaper than shipping at the post office.

The company has no hidden fees, and there’s no guesswork when weighing or measuring your package. Stamps.com can also be integrated with warehouse operations and enterprise companies.

Stamps.com costs

A monthly membership with Stamps.com costs $17.99 per month, and new subscribers get a free four-week trial. With this membership, customers receive discounts of up to 40% on shipping rates with the Postal Service.

Stamp.scom also offers introductory offers that include free postage and shipping accessories, such as a digital scale. For enterprise pricing, contact a Stamps.com account specialist for a custom quote. Stamps.com can also be implemented with warehouse operations with no fees.

Stamps.com FAQ

Is there a monthly fee for Stamps.com?
Yes. It costs $17.99 per month for a Stamps.com membership. With this membership, customers receive shipping rate discounts, on-demand label printing and free introductory offers.
Does Stamps.com offer packages?
You can purchase packages and other shipping supplies from Stamps.com. Free shipping is available on orders of $50 or more.
What does Stamps.com do?
Stamps.com is a licensed vendor of the U.S. Postal Service and UPS. It offers postage, packing supplies and shipping rate discounts for a monthly membership fee.
Is Stamps.com safe?
Yes, Stamps.com is safe. It is an approved licensed vendor of the Postal Service and offers reliable, discounted postage for individuals and businesses.

Is Stamps.com worth it?

Stamps.com offers discounts ranging from 7% to 40% for different shipping rates and package insurance. With a monthly fee of $17.99, a membership is only worth it for those who send enough packages to see these benefits. This service is only for those who ship exclusively with the U.S. Postal Service or UPS, but a membership offers significant savings to those who do.

Stamps.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I have had this service for the last 3 or 4 years. I have paid for 3 scales, all which came broken and do not work. I have contacted the company about it and they never did anything about it. I have spent thousands of dollars with this company as I mail out a lot each year. It annoys me that the rates change and if you print a whole sheet and did not finish your work that day and the rates change from one day to the next, they do not honor the stamp value based on the barcode when it was printed. So now you have to spend another sheet and more money plus their stupid membership fee and add a new stamp with the 3 cents they are missing even though you printed it before the rate increase and they do not work like forever stamps.

You actually do not save money they do not do refunds so make sure you only put what you will be spending. I used to put quite a lot of money in my account as I was spending it but now I have to wait to spend it because they will not refund what is in there. Very unethical company with low quality equipment that comes broken. Customer service is atrocious and you do not speak to someone that speaks correct English. Beyond unsatisfied and pissed off at the lack of service and quality.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

These people are scammers. Period. They know exactly what they are doing. Most of us have the same experience, we did not know it was a subscription service, we only used.it once, but they kept charging, they took 214.00 out of my account AFTER I noticed and closed my stamps.com account. If you check the BBB website they give most people (white) courtesy refunds. I will be taking them to court and I suggest everyone else does as well. Terms of service is not a go-ahead to fraudulently attempt to steal money.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Their customer service is horrendous. Save yourself the time and do not use this company! They are nonresponsive, don’t read your emails and send the same template email over and over. They just want to waste your time until you get frustrated and give up.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Stamps.com apparently gave a free trial to our business but even though we never used the account they have been billing us 17.99 for almost 2 years. We just now discovered it on our corporate card, which we though was legitimate charges as we do ship a lot of products every month. When I went to the website to try to login nothing would work, I called stamps.com and they advised they would not refund any money, but they were kind enough to waive the cancellation fee. I don't doubt that this company is real and that they provide some type of service, but a big part of their business is to continue billing for monthly fees long after accounts are cancelled and not utilized. I would be very cautious signing up for anything with this company as it is obviously a nightmare to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

On 09/20/2022, the mail carrier picked up a package with the confirmation number ** from my home. That package is a 2-day, priority medium box package which should be delivered on 09/22/2022 to the addressee. That package has not moved in your system at all. Where is my package? The driver picked up the package with 14 other packages making that package number 15. She scanned the bar code for the packages. I am starting to think that she has stolen my package. Yes, that is the way I am see this and the way I will file my complaint with Consumer Affairs. Where is my package?!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

At first, I wondered how this $17.99 monthly charge had slipped my attention for so long. So shame on me. But as soon as I reviewed this company online (The BBB and Consumer Affairs), I realized that I had TONS of company. My complaint was shared by almost every respondent online. This company hides the fact that you're entering a subscription with them and then charges you ... for absolutely nothing. This has gone on for four years! In a word, these folks are scoundrels and they're practicing a SCAM. What a huge disappointment.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Four months ago I was trying to buy a shipping stamp for a package from the USPS website and it seemed that the only option for me was to click on a link that took me to Stamps.com. Then I realized that I had to open an account, which I did. After looking further into it I decided it would be easier to go to the post in person and ship my package. Fast forward four months and I see a recurring bill charge for $17.99 on my VISA bill from Stamps.com which unfortunately I had missed on the previous 3 statements. When I called the company I was told the charge was the base service fee for having an account, whether you use it or not. Apparently I had missed the fine print.

First I was told there could not be any refunds, then they started to negotiate with me and offered to refund the last bill and waive the upcoming billing (I should say). Since I wasn't very happy with the deal they then decided to refund the last two charges. Not what I expected but thank you very much. The person I talked to was very nice and apologetic (obviously not from the US) something I can't say for the company policy.

I never used the service but I ended paying $35.98 for the pleasure of storing my personal information and credit card number on their servers for 4 months. Plus I spent 40 minutes on the phone, so I should send them a bill for my time which would come to $50 and another $25 for my time writing this review. Moral of the story, check your recurring bills on your credit card statements.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I bought this business one stamp two years ago. Then I recently discovered they have been piling up charges for two years. They've been sending bills to my credit card company, which flagged them as fraudulent and didn't authorize, and have been sending me bills on my email, which flagged them as scam. Two years after, and after I never ever used this service apart from the one stamp I bought, they are claiming I owe them over $300. It's a very expensive stamp. Not only are they misleading on their website, I actually thought they were affiliated with USPS but turns out they aren't, they are also absolutely not helpful and are refusing to cancel my account. I've been communicating with them for over a month. This is a rogue business, stay away.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I run an ecommerce store and ship with Shipstation every day. When purchasing a shipping label through Shipstation it is purchased through my Stamps.com account. I attempted to purchase a shipping label as normal. After making the purchase, I did not receive the label. I figured this was an error of some kind and that the purchase had not actually been completed, so I attempted again and it failed a second time. I later received two purchase confirmations from stamps.com for these labels, both of which I never received. I contacted stamps.com via email, explaining the situation. I received a boilerplate email with a tutorial on how to request a refund for labels purchased through stamps.com. The problem is that there are no labels to refund. They don't exist. So I called stamps.com, and again explained the situation.

The representative could not find the labels and thus could not refund them to me. They then told me my only option was to dispute the charges with my credit card provider. I then disputed the charges as I was told to do. I received an email from stamps.com explaining how my account was now on hold because of the two chargebacks they received. This is a huge issue because I ship every day for my small business.

I immediately called stamps.com and they then told me that there were only two options, email their resolution department, or pay back the chargebacks... Like I have mentioned twice in this review, I ship every day for my business and my account being on hold is a major problem. The only real option for me, if I wanted to fulfill all of my customers orders in any timely manner, was the give in and pay them the money not to mention an additional 3% charge... Now, I still have a hold on my account for 2 to 24 hours, and I haven't received any real help and I'm out even more money. I am severely disappointed with how this was handled. I have not had an issue like this before after shipping through stamps.com every day since 2014. I will be exploring alternatives.

Original review: March 15, 2022

My husband works in shipping software as a software engineer and I am a real estate broker. I have had to do a lot of mailings so I was looking for an at-home solution to streamline my postage. He suggested Stamps.com about a year ago and it has been an absolute NIGHTMARE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! More times than I can count, my stamps have not been printed or not printed properly. I have to update the driver for their app on my NEW Mac almost every time I launch it. When you click to do their update from their website, you lose the "reprint" button therefore you lose the stamps you're trying to print.

To get a refund it's a complete JOKE! The customer support team told me I have to rip out 20 blank labels that I paid for, fill out a form, pay for more postage to mail them to them as "proof" and THEN I can get refunded my money lost and they'll send me new labels back. How does this save time or money VS going to the post office and getting what you paid for???? How in 2022 can they not see on their end that THEIR WEBSITE gave the error before printing requiring me to update first and then not allowing me to reprint, yet go through a tedious refund process and still end up with no stamps?! This process and support are terrible.

I will go back to the old way until I find a much better company. Buyer beware! You'll pay $19.99 per month for NOTHING but headaches and you'll lose postage money almost every time unless you are willing to make it more work for yourself by filling out forms, mailing in countless ruined labels and waiting weeks for a refund. Get your act together, Stamps.com! Be better!!!

Stamps.com Company Information