3.58/5

Stamps.com

Stamps.com easily calculates and prints official USPS postage for anything from postcards to packages – domestic or international. You can even print postage right on envelopes – including the address – all in one step.

626 Stamps.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been using Stamps.com for many years and only a couple of times run into a printing problem. I call them and within minutes I am back in business with the most pleasant CSRs. I deal with CSRs regularly and I am so impressed with those at Stamps.com, I would hire any of them to work for me and I am PICKY! Not having to go to the post office is such a blessing, saves my time and aggravation level. I also had my logo printed on custom stamps and LOVE them! It gives us a professional look that makes me happy.

If you are still going to the post office for all your postal needs, you are OLD. I am 62 and my son (30) is very proud that I am up on the times! (I told him I did not want to park on the street in uptown as I did not want to put money in the meter any more)... he just looked at me. "It's not done that way anymore, Mom!" Hahahaha! Thank you for making me relevant to my son!

Original review: April 2, 2019

First off, let me start off by saying I fell for the promotion of first month free and forgot (didn't read between the lines) that is was a monthly subscription based service. I never once used the service. After a month I lost my login and secret question would not let me change my password. I kept getting billed over and over. That's when started reading reviews about how people got massive bills and couldn't close account.

My experience. Called Stamps.com customer service (zero hold time at noon CTS). Lady had somewhat broken English but could understand everything I said and very apologetic. I said all I want to do is close the account and not be charged anymore, I don't mind paying the bill because it was my fault for not reading it was reoccurring. She said, "No, I'll stop the account and revert charges." So guys, I have to say my experience was different from most here, but I'd have to give 5 stars for their customer service. Total time on phone was less than 5 mins, and I got confirmation email stating it was closed with zero balance.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I am the secretary for a small organization and I do a lot of mailings to the members. Having the convenience to print out stamps at my home is quicker than running to the Post Office when I run out of stamps. I also can check the weight of envelopes with their scale and print out whatever the postage is for the weight of the envelope I am sending. Occasionally, I send educational material to my great grandchildren and through Stamps.com I have ordered the proper labels and envelopes to use for those packages. I have found this company to be very good at delivering my orders to me in very good time. I can also print out reports of how much mail I have sent and how often I have purchased stamps and other items from them. I have recommended this company to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Stamps.com has been around for some time now and I've been a customer for around 20 years and pay a monthly fee for services as described. Lately they (Stamps.com) have been slipping on the quality of their services and after pointing out the errors to them I get answers that just don't sit well with me; like, we're not sure why the program is doing that, you need to call us to discuss this problem, we're working on it, etc., etc.

Now I understand program glitches but they can always be fixed or just rewritten. But they don't seem to want to bother with them and give me, the customer canned responses. Now I have been living up to my end of the contract each and every month by making the full monthly payment. Let's face it, they would not accept an answer from me such as; well my writing implement just couldn't seem to construct the full amount, or call me so we can see about it; now would they? So, yes they are a good company overall and I recommend it for anyone who like to do their own postage.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have been a customer of Stamps.com for over five years. I used to have a traditional postage meter, but as costs rose I looked around for something less expensive. Stamps.com's software was easy to set up and integrate with my computer. I use a Dymo Labelwriter to print labels for packages and my regular printer for stamps and envelopes. I have a small home-based business, but Stamps.com gives me access to corporate postage pricing for $15.99 a month, which saves me hundreds of dollars a year.

Another great thing is being able to purchase insurance for my international shipments, since it is often not available through the postal service (unless you are using Priority Express). It is also simple to integrate the software with third party sites like eBay and Amazon. The best thing about them, though, is their terrific US based customer service and tech support. No software is glitch-free, but Stamps.com has always been able to solve any problem I have had quickly and cheerfully. I heartily recommend them for any small business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: May 20, 2019

We invested in photo stamps with our company's logo. At a critical moment when we were processing a mailer with a deadline, we were unable to purchase postage with any of a dozen valid credit cards. This has gone on for days. The only help we get from Stamps.com is "canned" responses that have no bearing on our problem. No live customer service whatsoever.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Huge monthly fee for the "privilege" of a small postage price discount (which is MORE than offset by cost of "stamps" that have to be used). Cannot do mass mailings through service. I have had to keep an old, out-dated printer active to print stamps (major waste).

Original review: May 16, 2019

As a small business, a few years ago they offered me a reduced rate for usage which is appropriate for me. Not many companies will do that. They are always available to answer questions over the phone when there's a problem.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have gone through TWO scales with this company and they broke EVERY TIME. I asked for an exchange but they can't send a replacement until they I returned the defective one. I explained I'm an online retailer and can't operate without a scale. So I asked if I could buy a scale from elsewhere and return theirs for a refund. The way stamps.com is set up, the auto weight feature only works with THEIR scales. And they are NOT cheap. My most recent one is an ONYX 70lb which I paid $99. The display stopped working only after three weeks.

You'd think maybe I can just use another non Stamps.com scale and just punch in the weight manually. That slows down our fulfillment as my store does over 50 orders a day and the input fields aren't easy to punch in. But I don't think I have a choice. I'm getting a more affordable, reliable scale from eBay. When I asked for a refund, they do NOT cover the return shipping cost. The shipping cost for the weight of the scale alone is $12.80 priority mail... Out of pocket. So when all is said and done, it's really a $99 minus $12.80 refund. If you're a small startup, PLEASE research other alternatives to Stamps.com. Your time and money is better spent on your business instead.

Original review: May 15, 2019

The service that Stamps.com is extremely beneficial. I can ship anything to anywhere right from my office. No trips to the post office where parking is hard to come by. The other thing is the 10% discount on postage. If you do much mailing, the postage savings cover the m ok monthly subscription fees.

Original review: May 15, 2019

It is almost impossible to get any customer support from this company, they just don't care. I've tried calling (ridiculous hold times), emailing, posting on Facebook and Twitter and nada. Horrible horrible company.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Stamps.com is excellent as it pretty much eliminates trips to the post office for almost all Postal needs. One downside, especially for a small operation such as mine, is the fact that the monthly fee is pretty pricey. Aside from that fact, I do recommend them. Their telephone helpline actually seems to employ real Americans, making the staffers there easy to understand!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am using the Stamps.com plugin for QuickBooks. It has saved me a lot of time being able to print right from QB! I love the discount you are able to get on postage as well. Definitely worth it! The website is a bit buggy and clunky though. When I try to pull down reports on Stamps.com, the report tab does not always work. It frequently goes to a blank screen. The site is slow as well. I would suggest upgrading the website. No need for it to be so "dated" with the options that are available in WordPress, etc.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I love the stamps.com software. I am handicapped and it saves me countless hours of standing in line at the post office waiting to buy stamps or mail letters & packages, and they have a beautiful selection of stamp sheets for purchase, on which to print your postage. If you want you can even put your company logo on your stamps. It is a wonderful office tool! ~*~D. **, McLean, Virginia

Original review: May 15, 2019

Poor alignment. I have tried several times with and without the actual stamp material in and I have continuously printed stamps that are not in the box therefore not usable because the code is cut off. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My experience with Stamps.com has been excellent. I have the app or the website on my desktop. Anytime I need to send a letter or a package I just jump on my website and before you know it my mail is set to be delivered. It is easy to refill my account and I get a little discount which is sweet. Anytime I have a problem; the Stamps.com people are there to help. I can also print out a list of my priority mail and it shows when it was delivered which makes it really nice for me.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We were using Endicia to print postage since 2004 and were happy with the service. Tracking number for postage printed on Endicia dazzle starts with the letter L, and can be tracked to the destination country and we have delivery scans. Ever since stamps.com bought Endicia, our account was transferred to another server without our consent, and tracking numbers changed to those starting with the letter U. These U tracking numbers do not have any scan after it leaves USA, not at destination country and not when the package was delivered. This has caused us a lot of problem with customers complaining that the tracking was not updated and they claimed not receiving package.

I called Endicia and was told that my account was moved to Global Post, and that Global Post provide up to $100 and shipping cost reimbursement if the package is lost or stolen. I filed claims with Global Post, and was told that the U numbers are actually USPS tracking, and that my account was never on Global Post. Go figure. All the lost packages and no reimbursement and no recourse. If your shipment has tracking that starts with the letter U, be careful. You may experience the same fate! Best of luck to all.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was attempting to purchase a label for a package going out for my wife, she has a Amazon business. I am new at this and I thought I was on the USPS site or at least affiliated. I can not remember if I even purchased a label, but their website is a well developed rip off scam, I had no idea none that they were going to subscribe me to some B.S monthly services. Very sneaky. I will be reporting them to B.B.B and RIPoff.com. They need to be exposed crooks. I am going to contact them and I want all my three months back or I will give them hell.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I joined without being notified of the monthly service charge. Then they mentioned that would refund me the money but it passed already 2 months and they say now that they will not refund anything. Worst service ever... There are other applications that make the same for free and better service.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I joined without being notified of the monthly service charge, which is high enough any savings are negated. Upon cancelling, I was charged again! Apparently I am not the only one complaining, since this is the FIRST thing addressed on the recording reached by calling the customer service number. Thanks for the clarification on exactly how you are ripping me off, but no thanks for the complete lack of savings you offered my small business. What a deceptive marketing strategy!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I received a sample sheet to print stamps from Stamps.com. I had to provide my information to print the sheet. I did not realize that meant that I was signing up for a monthly service... I usually am very aware of these ways of getting you signed up for a service but never saw anything about signing up. I rarely use postage... Why would I use this service for $15.99 a month???? I actually still have the "free" postage that I signed up for except for 2 24cent stamps that I used. Yes I should have caught this and yes I should have realized the charges on my account, so it is on me, but they are very tricky and this feels crooked.

I would never do business with them and I think I will even be changing my radio station (Triumph on Sirius XM - probably cancelling the Sirius because of this as well) because of this because they advertise this fraudulent company. Of course, when you call them to see what you are being charged for, they immediately state that they cannot refund any of your money. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!! I would give zero stars if that were an option!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Once you click out of the page where your label is, you cannot go back and reprint it. Worst customer service I've ever experienced. I will no longer be using Stamps.com. They want you to purchase a brand new one and then wait 11 days to get a refund. I am pissed.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Stamps.com has an international shipping option where parcels can be processed at a facility and the foreign customs documentation is transmitted electronically. I have noticed that regardless how I fill out the declaration, somewhere along the line, the shipper/Stamps.com changes the category of the contents to RETURNED GOODS. So in other words, new merchandise sent to a customer is processed by the foreign customs as RETURNED GOODS which of course, is generally tax exempt. This is very fishy in my opinion. In one instance, I had a shipment refused by the foreign customs. The parcel was listed as returned but of course, it is lost. I'm out the shipping cost, product, and had to purchase again and ship to customer. And oh by the way, Stamps.com would not process the claim but instead sent me to Global to file the claim who denied it. I'll be canceling Stamps.com.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I went online to USPS to send a small package to a friend. Stamps.com popped up. I had no idea that I was joining a PLAN. I just wanted to print a label. That was a few months ago. Then, this week, I was charged $17.99 from my bank account. This may not seem like a lot but it caused an overdraft in my account. I live on Social Security and I'm down to $40 to live on for 2 weeks! The site is not easily navigated and I think, is misleading and a rip-off!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I did not realize when I enrolled that there was a monthly fee regardless if the service was used. I contacted them in December 2018 to cancel, customer service was great, assured me the account was cancelled and credited me the December bill. I received 2 emails from them, one saying my account was cancelled and one saying my plan had changed. Upon reviewing my statement today I discovered that their billing had started up again in Feb. 2019, I again called them to question this and was told that yes the cancellation was on my record but that they could only credit me for 1 month's bill. I was assured that my account was again cancelled and I received 2 more emails, one acknowledging my cancellation again and the other was to inform me that my service fee was waived. I guess all I can do is see what happens. Is there any way to get satisfaction from them?

Original review: April 14, 2019

I "registered" thinking I was creating an account in order to buy USPS stamps. The look of their logo and the name Stamps would seem to make that a logical conclusion. Only after filling out the form was I informed about what their service was. I immediately left the site, not ordering anything. But that didn't matter -merely registering or creating an account WAS buying their service. This wasn't made clear until you had given them your information. But I assumed not completely the registration and actually ordering anything was the end of it.

No. Four months later I got a notice that I somehow inexplicable been unable to bill me for my first two months, but they were generously discounting the second month of service and only charge me for the first month. (I had of course, not used their service. Nor realized I had signed up for it.) I immediately checked my credit card. There was the charge for one month. I immediately went on their site and canceled my account. And wrote telling them I wanted a refund for what they charged me.

To their credit, they did immediately refund me. But it is set up to be deliberately misleading. As I pointed out to them, I know lots of sites that ask you to set up an account before ordering or to facilitate ordering their product. I know of none that decide merely registering or opening an account IS buying their product. If this is their method then that needs to be spelled out clear, boldly and upfront before the customer gives them any information. I would avoid this company. I think they are deliberately deceptive. Perhaps enough people shrug off the $17.95 charge that this deceit is worth it to them.

Original review: April 9, 2019

What a scam artists, they been taking my money for 5 month and never got the email about invoice about payment. This is stealing and shame on you Stamps.com. This is shame. Is there any way I can get my money back???? I am so pisssed!!!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Do not give your cc information to these scam artists. They should be driven out of business. Read the fine print... You will be charged even if you don’t buy anything. When you try to close out your account, they make it incredibly difficult.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I needed to purchase shipping labels online and print from home, so I signed up and tried to add funds. At first it accepted my credit card, and charged me $28 (for labels and supplies I ordered), but when trying to add funds to buy postage, it declined multiple cards but gave no actual reason. Repeated attempts apparently locked my account, although that also wasn't obvious. I contacted customer support, who was slow to respond, and when they did finally respond, it was an automated "How did we do on your support ticket?" survey BEFORE they even tried to solve my problem.

I wrote back that my problem hadn't been solved, and a two-week back-and-forth ensued. They NEVER solved the problem with my account, and seemed unable to understand that I even had a problem. So I closed my account, and received several emails from them saying, "The problem is your account is closed." Oh, and the account was actually only half closed... I could still access my personal information on the site but couldn't do anything with it. The kicker? I never received the labels and other materials I ordered and paid for, and requests for a refund ran up against "but your account is closed, we can't do that." AVOID. THIS. COMPANY. AT. ALL. COSTS. I ended up using PayPal to print my shipping labels and have had zero problems. Stamps.com is incompetent and scammy.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Yep I was taken for a ride and I see I'm not the only one... Bought $10 today for my balance to purchase labels then in the middle of the night bam. Got hit with a 17.99 charge and I just added my debit today to purchase the $10 for my balance. Very pissed. Well I guess I won't eat tomorrow since Stamps robbed me of my lunch money!

Stamps.com Company Information