2.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Stamps.com

Stamps.com easily calculates and prints official USPS postage for anything from postcards to packages – domestic or international. You can even print postage right on envelopes – including the address – all in one step.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 2, 2017

518 Stamps.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I was charged for an extra month even though I canceled within my trial. Be it I was on the last day that still is "inside my trial period". Would not recommend this shady sign up and cancel business to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

While attempting to purchase stamps online one day I came across the website stamps.com I had to sign up for an account to view prices. I decided not to make a purchase because prices were outrageous. I just checked my bank account and they charged me $15.99 for nothing. I called to complain and they told me as soon as I created an account that was my authorization for them to bill me and create an annual membership. I am not happy!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My assistant signed up for an account for my Legal Office because she said it would save us a lot of money. 9 months later my credit cards sends me a notification that I might be getting double charged. I look at it and sure enough. I've been paying $15 twice per month and I fired that assistant shortly after she signed up for the accounts on an unrelated matter so not only have I been paying for two accounts that I don't use... she had put a 90 credit on one of the accounts.

I called madder than a freight train and was transferred to a supervisor to get a refund. The Manager couldn't refund everything but she went above and beyond to refund 6 months and give me the next three months free for my account with an existing credit. This works out since I decided to start using Stamps.com for myself. I wonder if this is worth my time to do this but I truly believe that the Manager Sharmila deserves some recognition. Thank you for your efforts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I got dinged for 9 months before finding out these charges on my credit card. When I canceled they said it's like a gym membership and it's nonrefundable. They ended up refunding the last month and said they can't go back more than 30 days. Read the fine print people.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I signed up for the 4-week free trial. Stamps.com sent me a package with a scale, install CD, etc. The install CD didn't work. I tried downloading their software from the website - that didn't work either. I tried calling customer service, but hung up after waiting on hold for over an hour. I cancelled my account exactly 4 weeks after signing up, and they charged me $15.99. This seems like a scam. I am very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I signed up for this "service" because I needed a stamp urgently and did not want to go out to buy any. It didn't take long to realize that what I wanted to do was not going to be easy so I just blew this site off. Well I found a 15.99 charge on my AmEx and sure enough they charge a monthly fee for the "privilege" to buy products and services from them! What a joke. I canceled my account and disputed the charge but from what I have seen from reviews on this site I will never get the money back. It is a scam at this point because I did not benefit from them nor cost them in anyway but they will stand by their colluded terms of service because that is the real business model!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I received a Stamps.com promo in the mail for a free trial. I checked it out and created an account online. BIG MISTAKE! They say there's a free trial of 4 weeks. If you do try it, DON'T FORGET to cancel the trial ahead of time because they will charge your account. Of course, the $15.99 amount that I paid cannot be refunded because it's in their terms & condition which you agree to when you create your account online. When you realize that the amount you got charged with doesn't go to any of your purchase because the stamps are actually an additional cost, you'd want to cancel.

CANCELLING is a tedious process. They say you can "close account" online, but it eventually gives you a system error forcing you to call the 1-888 number. An automated process of cancellation which they try so hard to convince you to stay. No thanks. I'd rather make the trip to the post office. CREDIT CARD numbers are stored in their system. You have no option to delete them because at least one credit card is required on file. So I changed my cards and my new card was charged $1. THIS COMPANY IS A MONEY TRAP.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I ordered a notary stamp. Pretty simple. I waiting over a week and nothing! When I went to check on the shipment it said incorrect address. I verified my address before placing the order. When I emailed their customer service they simply said we have no control over the US Postal service and attempted to tell me that I put the incorrect zip code because they looked up my company and it showed our zip code was 30327 as if I don't know my own company zip code. I told them I know my zip code and I had it correct as I reviewed my order before placing it. They said, "I'll send another stamp" and proceeded to send it to the zip code they thought was the correct one and again I didn't receive it. The message was incorrect address!!!

We get many packages and mail delivered by the USPS every day and these people, not sure where they are shipping from can't get something as simple as notary stamp shipment right. After reviewing the initial order back on 10/4/17 they had my address all wrong!!! Here it is 10/24/17 and I still have no stamp! I requested my money back and would never refer them to anyone in our industry. Lack of attention to detail and poor customer service. If you are needing something by a certain time, don't use these people!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My experience with this company has been outstanding. I have had to contact them once, and the representative was very courteous and professional while answering my questions. It was very easy for me to set up the system on my computer. As long as everything continues to go well, I see no reason to complain. Great services.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I am surprised to see so many disappointed people. I had gotten my free trial, used a couple of stamps, and completely forgot to cancel my subscription. 10 days after I saw they had deducted monthly payment from my account, I saw my bank balance, and wrote them explaining my situation. The customer service was very helpful and had refunded my money within 3 days. Thank you so much!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Every time I need help I am able to resolve the issue easily after my initial learning process. Very knowledgeable about product, or get help from supervisor quickly. They remained patient through my learning curve. Recommend.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I signed up for Stamps.com for a trial period. I tried using them for creating a return label, and then once for sending a package during the trial period. The return label did not work, and I had to request a refund. It took weeks to get a refund. Then it was not a refund on my card, but credited to the stamps account. So even though I did not want to use them again, I had to use it, so that I could get use of my refund money.

The funds were not enough, so I had to add more money to the account from my card. I get a bill charged to my card for almost $30.00. They say the insurance that I paid for was to be billed later. Not true, I remember I had to pay for the postage and insurance both, and is why I had to add more money to the account. I even canceled the account, but apparently I was a few minutes late on canceling past the trial period. So even though I did not use Stamps.com this month at all, I still have to pay $15.99 for this month.

I believe this company purposely tries to confuse you. Creating return labels, and other things on this site are also confusing. Don't use them, they are just a big hassle, and in the long run, you will pay more money using them for printing postage than you would using USPS. Now they have created a hardship for me for $30.00 unexpected charges from my bank account, and I may be overdrawn.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

As others have stated, I did not sign up for their Pro Plan. I signed up for the welcome kit. I have been billed $15.99 monthly and never noticed until today for almost a year. This is not the USPS. Their marketing material makes it seem like they are the US Postal Service. They basically lure you in with the promise of free stamps, and make you create an account. I never once utilized any of their services, even the free stamps. I would not have signed up for any type of membership. It does say in their welcome email that you will be billed after the trial period... but I don't remember anything reading about being on a Pro Plan after. Unfortunately, this is a situation where the company looks pretty legit and wouldn't resort to these tactics to "customers"... so if you are reading this you probably already got billed unknowingly. Call your credit card company and see if they will reverse. It sounds like there is no point in calling the company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Today I received a suspicious looking letter that appeared to be from the United States Post Office in which on the envelope says in bold letters, "Your 9 Postage Stamps are waiting for you inside". When you open the letter, along with a bunch of other paperwork, is a template that has 9 stamps on it. HOWEVER, there are instructions, that insist that you go to the Stamps.com website and give them your credit card information, INVALIDATING the "free" portion of the offer.

When I contacted customer service, a got a 10 minute run around until they finally admitted that the stamps are not free, in fact THEY AREN'T VALID STAMPS AT ALL. All they are, are stickers, that unless you surrender your credit card for $15 per month contract, the nine stickers will not print the actual stamp validating them for U.S. Postal Service. When I asked where they were located, they refused to acknowledge their actual location, as many SCAM COMPANIES FROM INDIA often do. This is nothing more than a leech scam, whereby they pull a list of new companies listed by state registrations, and try to mail their scam to unsuspecting business owners under the pretense of being the United States Post Office, or if you read carefully "an official" third party. Never trust an organization that demands a credit card for something they claim to offer for free.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I have been using Stamps.com for my eCommerce business since 2009. I have to say that I have always experienced excellent customer service. They don't send my call out of country and have always been very courteous and patient with me since I am not very tech savvy. My business is seasonal and they have worked with me to pause my account each year so that I am not charged the monthly fee but can still keep my records of who I shipped to.

The only issue is that last year I accidentally deposited 5K into the system instead of $50 at the very end of my shipping season. I could not get my money back unless I canceled my account, due to some sort of regulations with the US postal service. This was an error on my part but I was forced to cancel my account and then restart it again this year. Not a big deal, I got a check in the mail. Stamps.com has always been excellent which is why I went back to them. They waive my monthly fee if I use over $500 worth of postage in one month, which I do. If you are ever confused about your plan or want to change anything, just give them a call. They are extremely helpful. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 23, 2017

My printer jammed when I was printing stamps, I contacted Stamps.com Customer Care and was treated very courteously and professionally. I was issued a refund the following day and I have never had such great service, courtesy, and Caring from any other company. I commend Stamps.com for having such a great and caring staff, and recommend Stamps.com to everyone for their postage needs.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Stealing money from people it's really easy for STAMPS.COM. I sign up, thinking that they were better than USPS. They has been taking my money since I sign up. I used the service once to see how it was? Now I started looking at my credit card and they have been taking $15.99 since April 2017. I cancelled today, I even called them. The only thing the CSR said was "I am sorry for the confusion." No money returned to my credit card. SCAM!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

This company is the biggest racket I have seen. I'm too aggravated to even recount my experience. It boggles my mind how they have been in business for so long. I'm going to have to wait "2-3 WEEKS" to get my money back. They claim that the money I open the account with goes directly to the USPS and that they are the one issuing the refund. If that is true; every time that I would have made a purchase then USPS then pays them? I just don't see what kind of business model are they using? They charge $2.99 to ship one sheet of labels that takes 4-7 business days to get to me.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I thought I was signing up for an information packet. I did not realize they would choose to enroll me into program that would autopay them unless I stopped them. The welcome packet is all I requested. I only received one email saying my welcome kit would be arriving soon and the cost shows 0$. This company is very underhanded, shady, and has no integrity. If I ever need a service like this in the future, I will never use them but a competitor instead.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have been a Stamps.com customer since 2012 and I use my service every month. I have always had very helpful customer service. I can't imagine not having Stamps.com. Not having to run to the post office at least once a month is great.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I opened this account in November 2016 for a free 4-week trial. I only had it open for a day, when I realized that the savings weren't real. I cancelled my account less than 24 hours later. I haven't received any communication from them until this morning. I received an email stating that I owed $111.93. I immediately called them. They said that it had not been cancelled. I contested that it was less than 24 hours after opening. They cancelled my account and refunded me for the $15.99 I was just charged. I sat on hold and kept getting redirected for 20 minutes on the phone until the system hung up on me. They are still saying I owe $95.94.

Original review: June 6, 2017

FRAUD!!! Be careful! The website is setup to trick you into signing up. Before you know it you're receiving a $15.99/month charge for "use of their software", which is basically useless. I called and cancelled twice in the span of 8 months and the charges miraculously reappeared on my Amex bill. The third time I called I spent 45 minutes speaking with 3 levels of service reps and I was able to get a max 3-month refund.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I signed up for their free trial and realizes soon after that the savings weren't there for what I needed so I didn't use the service. Fast forward 2 months and come to find out they had billed me for 2 months of service. When I called to cancel I was told they could not refund the payments since, and I quote, "That is where we make our money". I mean really? I didn't use a single feature on the site and you are going to withhold money I didn't even agree to spending them in the first place. Stay away, stay far far away.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I signed up for the trial to try it out. No welcome package came. I didn't remember to cancel it so they charged me. I called them to cancel my account and get a refund. Not only that they didn't give me that refund(even tho I didn't get to use the service) they charged me $2 to cancel my account. And they said the only way they could send out the welcome package if I continued the service. I mean wow.

Original review: May 15, 2017

First off, to everyone complaining about the monthly fee ($15.99 as of this review), do you ever read your emails? "The Stamps.com monthly service fee is just $15.99, including the first month." That is stated in your welcome email and clearly on their website as well. Overall though, the service is decent, you can print directly on the envelopes or onto standard mailing labels. You also have the option to print on tri-fold and bi-fold flyers as well as linking various e-commerce websites like eBay, Amazon, and Etsy. The cost is a little high if you use it for personal use, but they do give you $10 in free postage each month. Another thing to consider, if you just use Stamps.com for packages, you can buy postage from PayPal for no extra monthly fee and you receive the same discounts as Stamps.com. I would not recommend them for just shipping packages, but if you send a lot of letters, postcards, or flyers, you do save $0.03 on each.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I signed up for the free trial and after two weeks realized the high monthly fees were not worth the minimal "savings" on each stamp, and I canceled my account. Then one month later, I see a charge from stamps.com on my bank statement. Despite canceling my account they had somehow left it open and continued charging me. Upon canceling my account for the second time I get an email saying I will be charged even MORE for the partial month that I "used". Stamps.com is a deceitful and misleading company that cheats users for their corporate gain. Word of warning: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY because it's not just a monthly fee, it will continue even after you cancel your membership.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We ship all over the world using stamps.com and love it. I read reviews that said you can't get a refund on labels you make mistakes on, NOT TRUE. I have had to get refunds on 100's of dollars worth of purchased labels due to international customers changing their mind. When I first signed up, I knew exactly from the information I read that there was a free trial period and then 15$ a month after 3 months. Even with the $15 a month charge, we save more than that every month by using them instead of click and ship or especially going to the post office because of the volume we ship.

Every complaint I bothered to read about this company was due to their own ignorance on how it worked. Maybe when one wants to use a new service, they should read before committing and also read reviews to see if you are about to make the same mistake others made. I found that every one I read would have avoided what happened if they had bothered to be better informed. This is a really nice company and very easy to deal with.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I closed this account Jan 4, 2017 with a postage balance refund due of $147.85. As of 3-21-17 I was still being charged monthly charges of $15.99 and no refund in sight, although amount is confirmed. On that date, CS agreed to credit Jan-Feb charges. Then on my April 21, 2017 credit card statement, it shows they billed a 3rd month as of 3-21-17. My call on that date was: CS representative stated I must have 2 accounts (never did for over 10 years). Said I was being charged again as of 4-21-17. Refused to believe that although I was charged in Jan, Feb and now April, March appears on my statement even though I am reading it to him. Still no postage refund. Sup finally credits monthly charge. Postage still not refunded.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I am a new customer and was asked to write a review. I am pretty happy with the service, especially the customer service personnel who are friendly, helpful and efficient. One or two negatives... for non business people there should be a lower monthly rate, and some of the info on the screen when sending a package is not necessary, like priority mail flat rate envelopes. No need to weigh and fill in the weight. Overall very satisfied. Thanks.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I didn't even know I signed up for this service. Charges went on a credit card that I have not used in 6+ months so I was not aware they billed me monthly. I will never again sign up for any free trial or anything online again.

Stamps.com Company Information