2.03/5

Stamps.com

Stamps.com easily calculates and prints official USPS postage for anything from postcards to packages – domestic or international. You can even print postage right on envelopes – including the address – all in one step.

569 Stamps.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I searched around for a postage solution for my small online business and discovered that most were quite expensive and useless for packages. I’ve used Stamps.com in one form or another for 10 years. The small monthly fee might annoy a homeowner but a business sending out 20 packages a week is going to love it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Stamps.com has been around for some time now and I've been a customer for around 20 years and pay a monthly fee for services as described. Lately they (Stamps.com) have been slipping on the quality of their services and after pointing out the errors to them I get answers that just don't sit well with me; like, we're not sure why the program is doing that, you need to call us to discuss this problem, we're working on it, etc., etc.

Now I understand program glitches but they can always be fixed or just rewritten. But they don't seem to want to bother with them and give me, the customer canned responses. Now I have been living up to my end of the contract each and every month by making the full monthly payment. Let's face it, they would not accept an answer from me such as; well my writing implement just couldn't seem to construct the full amount, or call me so we can see about it; now would they? So, yes they are a good company overall and I recommend it for anyone who like to do their own postage.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have been a customer of Stamps.com for over five years. I used to have a traditional postage meter, but as costs rose I looked around for something less expensive. Stamps.com's software was easy to set up and integrate with my computer. I use a Dymo Labelwriter to print labels for packages and my regular printer for stamps and envelopes. I have a small home-based business, but Stamps.com gives me access to corporate postage pricing for $15.99 a month, which saves me hundreds of dollars a year.

Another great thing is being able to purchase insurance for my international shipments, since it is often not available through the postal service (unless you are using Priority Express). It is also simple to integrate the software with third party sites like eBay and Amazon. The best thing about them, though, is their terrific US based customer service and tech support. No software is glitch-free, but Stamps.com has always been able to solve any problem I have had quickly and cheerfully. I heartily recommend them for any small business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been using Stamps.com for several years now and I am very grateful to have it. It saves me time and I am able to take care of my customers that need their products mailed to them. They have also been very helpful to me when a problem comes up. The service is very good. Thank you Stamps.com!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Embarrassed to say I never noticed I have been paying Stamps.com a recurring fee of $16.99 for 11 months and have only ordered a couple of pages of stamps. The "help" page says to click on a nonexistent "cancel" button. Called and asked to have account cancelled. Received an email that said, "that fees were waived for (1) month." Called back and told never actually cancelled and that I would have to speak to someone in a "higher up department." Finally received email saying account was cancelled. RIPPED OFF!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

If you read the fine print you would know that the trial is not free. Like any trial service they bill at the end of the cycle. If you like the service and keep the account they charge you. NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE!! However I started using this service to ship out my eBay orders and website orders. It makes it easy to save my contacts of frequent buyers and print from home as well as set up free pickups from USPS. I'll never go back to PayPal printing again!!! This saved me so much time granted it took a few tries to master using the software as it's a bit confusing at first but when I called into their tech department was extremely helpful!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I planned to this service to print shipping labels for packages occasionally and signed up, added a credit card, and proceeded to print a postage label. When I saw (after signing up) that I was going to be charged $11.99 monthly fee I changed my mind. The whole signup process is deceptive. Once you add a credit card, the option to remove it is not possible, even though "help" tells you to go to "manage plan" and select a link that does not exist. Also, it is not possible to close the account online. Again, "help" gives instructions to a link under that does not exist. When I call the help number, I am offered a $4.99/mo. plan that was not listed under the "Manage Plan" options online. WHAT A SCAM!!! I have not used the service and will dispute any charges to my credit card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just discovered a recurring payment of $15.00 for "business services". I don't own a business, I don't recall ever making a purchase, can't find a log-in in my files for their site, and they are unable to tell me on the phone what I supposedly bought. Fraud reported and credit card canceled.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I used this service to send one package at Christmas time and I'm suddenly seeing a $50 charge many months later. Turns out you are automatically opted in for a monthly plan. Awful business practices.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Problem changing the "From" Address - even though it is changed on the screen, my certified mail label prints with the previous "From" address. Have to log off and log back on to make the change stick. Tried to comment through "Help". After completed the form and clicking "submit", it makes me log in again (I'm already logged in). I can’t remember my login info (I know this is my fault - I never have to enter my login to use the software because it remembers it - stays logged in) so I click "Forgot Login". My login name is sent. Then I click "Forgot Password", answer the security questions, it tells me an email has been sent, but it never arrives. So now I'm just stuck trying to submit my problem. So I have to go outside of Stamps.com and complain - didn't want to but it made me do it. Believe me I have better things to do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Opened an account based on a promotion mailing. When I tried to print stamps for the trial period I got an error message saying to call customer service. They told me the account was closed for security reasons! However they were unwilling to reveal what the security reasons were. The logical thing was for them to ask me whatever questions were appropriate to resolve the problem, but they refused. Don't bother with Stamps.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I found out that a Stamps.com account had been set up under a very old email when I was charged on a credit card for the services. I tried to log on to Stamps.com and cancel the account but all the answers to the questions that were provided to Stamps.com did not match the correct answers. I called Stamps.com on 9-7-18. My account was charged on 9-6-18.

The girl I spoke to was unable to find the account using my name or my current email address. She was able to locate an account under the old email address. I explained the situation to her and advised I had not set up the account. The girl verified the account had only been used to print the first 9 free stamps and there was 77 cents still showing available. I requested she cancel the account and refund the money that was charged since I did not set up the account. The account was set up using incorrect information. She agreed to close the account, waive the monthly fee and refund the 15.99 that had been charged.

Well today the 15.99 was still not refunded. I called back. Oh wow. I am shocked and ashamed of the customer service that was provided. I spoke to Christine and let's just say that she is one of the worst customer service reps I have ever spoken to. That says a lot since I am a customer service manager for a large insurance company. She was unhelpful, she talked over me, got loud when I didn’t agree with what she was saying, refused to believe the previous person told me they would refund the fees, kept repeating the same thing over by explaining how Stamps.com bills the month after the month is done. She told me that I was billed on 9-6-18 for the month previous. She then told me I needed to go to my bank to dispute the charges to get my money back 4 times.

WOW!!! It’s only 15.99 and I have spoken with my bank and my cards have been reissued but I can tell you that not only will I never use Stamps.com, as a legitimate customer, due to this experience but pray that someone quality monitors the call so they can get this little girl some serious training. I hope that someone from Stamps.com reads this because if that is the type of person they have answering their phones and represents their company to the public.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

They are providing a service of $16 per month for the right to print stamps supposedly. I wouldn't know. After 7 months of paying them I have not received one stamp nor the postal scale or free postage promised. AVOID.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had an opportunity for a free trial with Stamps.com. According to the rep I would be contacted prior to the trial period transitioning from a trial period to a paid period. I used a virtual credit card and started the trial period with the understanding I would be contacted. I never used the service because it didn't fit what I needed even though I ship hundreds of packages a month.

Fast forward 3 months later I look at my virtual credit card statement and lo and behold I was charged for several months. Figuring I made a mistake I check my email and phone logs to see if they contacted me and nothing. I've reached out to them several times and nothing. I'm now resorting to doing a charge back on all the charges I can. Long story short don't waste your time or money with this trash company. Their rep lied and in turn I'm trying to recoup money for a service I never used, an expensive one as that as I was getting to "demo" their highest tier available. I've also opened a claim with the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I thought that shipping with a discounted rate might save my small home based business a little bit of money. What it actually did was make my package arrive with "Postage Due" to my customer, who then did not want my product. In turn, they posted a negative review of my company as many places as they could. When I contacted Stamps.com to find out why it happened, I was told, "Based on the slight differences between the USPS software and the Stamps.com software, sometimes a package is rated differently when it gets to the post office. Sorry about that!" So, when I tried to cancel my account with a balance remaining in the account, I was told that they were not in charge of the refund of the balance and the USPS would send me a check sometime in the future - they are just a licensed agent. I think I stick with UPS from now on - at least I can count on them!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Using Stamps.com is easy and intuitive. I used another service before Stamps.com and it was OK but there were glitches. Then, I switched to Stamps.com. A few times I have had to call tech support. Calls were answered promptly and support was efficient and friendly. Stamps.com works well on my MacBook Pro. It is a time saver and helps me do my mailing chores in a timely fashion. I can mail letters and packages easily and quickly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

All I wanted was to purchase a shipping label and I needed to create an account for that. I've never authorized any recurring charges of $19.99. It's hidden somewhere in the fine print that you'd be charged each month. Then it's virtually impossible to cancel, close your account and it's not allowed to remove your credit card info. I had to go through my bank and dispute the charge. Their sign up and charging practice are totally misleading! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Honest customer for a year, yet they denied me a $20 refund after I forgot to cancel my recurring subscription since I haven't used the service lately. Pathetic. I've had better customer support from children's underwear companies and people that can't even speak English. I will NEVER recommend Stamps to anybody I know and will choose death before I sub again. Enjoy my calls every day asking for a refund, scum.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Stamps.com sent me an offer for free stamps for creating an account. While setting up my account, I didn’t spot the 15.99 per month obligation. When I saw the charge on my credit card, I attempted to cancel the account online. Their instructions to cancel did not match what I encountered on their website. So, I called and was required to talk to two separate reps and sit on hold for about thirty minutes. I was finally told my account was canceled, but it is still listed as active on their website and shows I will be charged again. I tried to change my credit card info but cannot change or remove it. I do have an email stating my account has been canceled, but I want it to show up as not active online as well. I’m going to have to watch my credit charges closely and seek legal help if charges continue.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Sure they offer the free trial, but that's where the music stops. Their business practice is deceptive to boot. Charging your credit card immediately after signup, or days into the free trial "accidentally". Sorry, but that dog doesn't bark. A free trial is a free trial. These crooks don't care. You give them the benefit and got ripped off the same as the hundreds of other poor reviews here. And don't bother with their CS support. The wait time for a refund and/or cancellation takes weeks, if you even get your money back. Yet somehow, they remain in business.

Original review: July 19, 2018

This Stamp service is a very helpful deal for me. I am in a wheelchair so it's not easy to, go to post office get stamps, mail my bills, or whatever, it can all happen from the comfort of my home. It's just amazing on what stamps.com can accomplish. I just have to be aware of my inventory, labels, printed stamps, envelopes, scale calibrated. I am in business. Thanks Stamps.Com. for everything and your kindness. When I am dealing with a tech, or customer service it's always pleasant.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Stay away! I bought one postage from them and was subsequently charged a monthly flat fee of $15.99 for two months. They must make a ton of money off of people like me who don't read the fine print. They wouldn't reimburse any of it. Super obnoxious and shady.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Stamps.com will force you to set up an account to include giving of a credit/debit card. They will then proceed to automatically charge you $5. After entering information to print a label or directly onto an envelope - the website will then tell you, you must install software to print. If you are using an ‘incompatible’ device such as a Chromebook or Notebook - you cannot install the plugin or software.

If you should decide to cancel your account (btw, there is a monthly fee) because you cannot use their product - it will take them 6-8 WEEKS to send you a refund check - despite the fact it only took them less than 2 seconds to ELECTRONICALLY debit your account. Recommendation: do not use Stamps.com. It is a skiving, scheming site with hidden fees and slow to return the money they were quick to take before you could determine if you can even USE their service.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have used Stamps.com for my small business of selling books on Amazon for 9 years. I recently had a problem where my shipping labels were not printing but the amount of postage was being deducted from my account. I called Stamps and a real person answered. They got me to the right department. It took a couple of days for the problem to get fixed. In the meantime, I answered the email I received, saying that I knew they were working on it but it was still time consuming and frustrating. I immediately received a call. I was assured they were still working on a fix and then they waived 3 months service fee. The problem has now been resolved. I appreciate the personal and responsive customer service!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

When they rejected one of nine photos, I received the notification too late to change anything, was not told which photo it was, and not given an opportunity to replace the photo with another. Their process is so automated that it is unresponsive to problems and mistakes: Piecemeal emails created a long enough time delay, that the order arrived before a solution was found. They sent stock answers to questions I never asked and ignored what I wrote. Customers know how maddening it is when a company chooses cheap automation over individual service.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I signed up with Stamps.com because I wanted to ship something first class mail and not wait in line for an hour at the post office. I had no idea I would be charged $15.99 a month after 4 month trial. Maybe I did see that but forgot about it. I never received any email statement. They were charging me for months over 2 years. I used this service 4 times. I should do better job checking my credit card statement. I use it for everything. Has lot of charges on there. I just missed it for months. I have several other monthly fees for things. I get a statement when I'm charged.

I'm guessing this is part of their business model for dumb people like me. They can sneak $16 a month. What I found even worse about them was when I checked the different service plans the cheapest was $15.99 Pro plan. When I went to cancel they tried to keep me by offering $7.99 basic plan which was never offered before. What kind of honest business plays these games with service plans. If you do use this company cancel before the trial is up. Reading some of these reviews they like to play games with that too. I would just avoid them.

Original review: June 8, 2018

NOTE: I'm not invalidating others' experiences. I'm just speaking about my own as an occasional user of stamps since I don't send much physical mail. Below are some tips and pointers I gained. I really enjoy the fact that I can print out stamps from the comfort of my own home. When printing here's the key: ABUSE THE TEST SHEET!!! I used it three times just because the zoom and print range were a fraction of an inch off. Don't print until it's perfect. I now have 9 perfectly printed stamps, and will use them probably over the course of the year.

Now, for the disappointments. Firstly, you can't cancel your subscription online or through email. It must be over the phone. Why do they do this when you can do everything else over the phone? Really makes no sense other than to make it even more inconvenient to unsubscribe. Clearly it's the suits of the company that did this.

Here's something Stamps.com won't tell you in any other way other than through customer service, and only if you ask: they have an option for **$4.99/mo for 15 stamps**, instead of the regular plan of $15.99/mo for unlimited stamps. They are only allowed to tell you if you specifically ask for other plans! Neither will they remind you when you reactivate the account. I think this is clearly a money-making business strategy, which is fine since they can do what they want, but it's not in the best interest of the consumer.

As for the account dashboard, there's an EXTREMELY annoying entry called "Manual Orders", and it appears as a [1] next to "Awaiting Shipment", which is reminiscent of unread notifications of messages. Why? For no reason other than to encourage the user to BUY MORE BUY MORE BUY MORE!!! For those who know UI, this is a serious "dark pattern" they've employed.

Conclusion: it's still worth checking out and ordering. I'm perfectly happy to not have to call them for a year or so, pay $4.99 + amount to print 15 stamps, and de-activate my account afterward again. But it's these other things that get in the way of the experience, things that clearly make it harder on the user simply to make more money, that I think Stamps.com seriously needs to reconsider if they want to gain and keep users and last for the long run.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had no idea looking at the Stamps.com website that I would be charged monthly $20 just to use the stamp printing service... I canceled service immediately upon being charged a recurring fee of $20 and called for a refund of $20 to which the rep said she could only refund $10 as a courtesy and possibly her boss could refund more later??? Weird... So you pay $20 a month for service and then pay additional for any stamps or stamp sheets you buy... WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I signed up for 2 accounts for different family members to get discounted shipping, only to find out later that their plans start charging you 18 USD monthly for the discounted shipping which I can get at PayPal for free of charge. Now before I could cancel my account, their security team has frozen my account and wouldn't allow me verify my account with them, because idiots blocked me from doing it, and I have multiple emails and God knows which one I used, and to verify my account they even had audacity to ask me for what kind of items I am selling which it doesn't even concern them and it's not their business to know, they are not a payment processing company nor a bank so they can literally piss off with asking me such question. Either way, their tactic is to free your account so they can charge monthly fees because you can't cancel them, since it's frozen. That's super unethical and scammy, I would stay away from their (scam) business.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Fast to take money. Slow to refund. After downsizing and wanting to sell my collections, I used Stamps.com for my postage services from my home. It was nothing but a nightmare for that 4 months. When things go right it's wonderful, when things go wrong it's a nightmare. Some of their labels misprint. Two different printers were sent. Same issue with both. After first reprint you must pay again and wait for any refund. Supervisors are liars. Finally after cancel it took several calls to final refunds for reprint errors. Not worth the hassles. Avoid them if possible.

Stamps.com Company Information