1.86/5

Stamps.com

Stamps.com easily calculates and prints official USPS postage for anything from postcards to packages – domestic or international. You can even print postage right on envelopes – including the address – all in one step.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

580 Stamps.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

How can anyone run a business using Stamps.com? Works whenever it feels like it... which is apparently never. Makes me want to punch my computer and call the poor people at the call center just to yell and scream and pour my frustrations onto people that aren't able to fix the problem anyway because the problem is that their system sucks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Unauthorized $15 charge showed up on my CC statement after I attempted to sign up for some online postage (ended up just going to the PO because I didn't have time to wait for a scale). The only way to cancel is to call and they will also be charging me an additional $15 because of the timing of my cancellation. So they made over $30 off me and probably thousands of others for nothing. What a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was looking for a quick easy way to get stamps and just checked this website out. I have no idea how I somehow signed up for service, but I'm now being charged monthly for some service that I've never even used! Beware and don't try out any "free" stamps or anything like that - they will get YOU! I shop online for a lot of items and usually know what I am getting into. These folks are super smooth at sucking you in unexpectedly. BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have used Stamps.com for two years now. My main issue almost the whole time was glitches in the system where my postage wouldn't print but I would be charged. We are talking almost every time I would print. I would print on average 30 times a week. So you can imagine it's hard to keep up with the refunds for unprinted postage. They only give you 28 days to get a refund. So over the last year I have $30 of postage I never used that never even printed & they refused to pay me back. I think it's over $80 for the two years. This problem could have been fixed if they would have dealt with the glitches I kept having. I would call and they could never fix them. They didn't care one bit that they owe me money. This company has 0 integrity!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I spent 35 minutes on the phone this morning with Stamps.com, just to be transferred from one person to the other with no notes exchanged between the two of them, only for me to start all over again. This is typical of them, not the first time I have dealt with this happening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stamps.com?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Once I cancelled my account they used a second phone number of mine to keep the subscription going. Besides I cancelled several times and somehow they keep billing! What a sham scam. I would never recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I've had Stamps.com tied to my website for a little over a year now. I have been plagued by stalls in their software that end up with me being charged 4 times when trying to print a single amount. The final straw was trying to print Priority postage in the amount of $14 and change. Each time I tried to print (unsuccessfully) it deducted that amount from my balance. ($42+).

I got an email from them last night stating that my refund request was denied by USPS. Of course, they send this message out on a Friday night when customer service is unavailable until Monday. I went to my Stamps account page to review my history and they show the 3 extra postage charges in question as being 'refunded' yet my account balance still shows the $42 deficit. Going to their Report page and viewing the dates in question, 'funds credited' still shows 'ZERO'.

Needing a seamless postage alternative to provide ease to my customers is imperative to my business. As I use PayPal to receive funds, I'm dumping Stamps in favor of PayPal Shipping and there are NO MONTHLY FEES. Stamps.com deserves ZERO STARS!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Last year, I purchased two packs of decorative stamps through Stamps.com and since then, they have charged by credit card $19.11 per month. I used a corporate Amex card and do not personally pay the bill. I just discovered that Stamps.com has been charging my credit card monthly in the amount of $19.11. I called to inquire why and was told that when I bought these two packages of stamps online, I agreed to be billed monthly for the privilege of using this company. I told them to refund me for this scam and they "waived" the fee for one month. DO NOT USE STAMPS.COM. I consider this to be theft.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I am the secretary for a small organization and I do a lot of mailings to the members. Having the convenience to print out stamps at my home is quicker than running to the Post Office when I run out of stamps. I also can check the weight of envelopes with their scale and print out whatever the postage is for the weight of the envelope I am sending. Occasionally, I send educational material to my great grandchildren and through Stamps.com I have ordered the proper labels and envelopes to use for those packages. I have found this company to be very good at delivering my orders to me in very good time. I can also print out reports of how much mail I have sent and how often I have purchased stamps and other items from them. I have recommended this company to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Okay, you take your test sheet to the printer and sign-on. You are told you need to open an account with a credit card. Okay, if I get my fee free stamps, I might like this service, so I go ahead with zero money in the account and try to print the stamps. No can do. Now you are instructed to put money into the account so you can pay for the first month's service; But I don't want to join until and unless I get my free stamps! So I just drop the whole thing right then and there. Only THEY (members of THEM!) don't drop it! You will keep getting billed until you call THEM to cancel your account! Remember now when you went to your printer and computer with the 3 instructions for your FREE stamps: Go to STAMPS.COM, LOG ON, USE TEST PRINT SHEET, then print stamps template sheet. Oh my, such clever people!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I signed up and changed my mind with the understanding I wouldn’t be billed. There must be some fine print somewhere because a few months later I found I was being billed $15.00 a month. WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE. VERY DECEPTIVE. AUTO CHARGE. They should send an email or bill telling you about this charge.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I searched around for a postage solution for my small online business and discovered that most were quite expensive and useless for packages. I’ve used Stamps.com in one form or another for 10 years. The small monthly fee might annoy a homeowner but a business sending out 20 packages a week is going to love it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Stamps.com has been around for some time now and I've been a customer for around 20 years and pay a monthly fee for services as described. Lately they (Stamps.com) have been slipping on the quality of their services and after pointing out the errors to them I get answers that just don't sit well with me; like, we're not sure why the program is doing that, you need to call us to discuss this problem, we're working on it, etc., etc.

Now I understand program glitches but they can always be fixed or just rewritten. But they don't seem to want to bother with them and give me, the customer canned responses. Now I have been living up to my end of the contract each and every month by making the full monthly payment. Let's face it, they would not accept an answer from me such as; well my writing implement just couldn't seem to construct the full amount, or call me so we can see about it; now would they? So, yes they are a good company overall and I recommend it for anyone who like to do their own postage.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have been a customer of Stamps.com for over five years. I used to have a traditional postage meter, but as costs rose I looked around for something less expensive. Stamps.com's software was easy to set up and integrate with my computer. I use a Dymo Labelwriter to print labels for packages and my regular printer for stamps and envelopes. I have a small home-based business, but Stamps.com gives me access to corporate postage pricing for $15.99 a month, which saves me hundreds of dollars a year.

Another great thing is being able to purchase insurance for my international shipments, since it is often not available through the postal service (unless you are using Priority Express). It is also simple to integrate the software with third party sites like eBay and Amazon. The best thing about them, though, is their terrific US based customer service and tech support. No software is glitch-free, but Stamps.com has always been able to solve any problem I have had quickly and cheerfully. I heartily recommend them for any small business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been using Stamps.com for several years now and I am very grateful to have it. It saves me time and I am able to take care of my customers that need their products mailed to them. They have also been very helpful to me when a problem comes up. The service is very good. Thank you Stamps.com!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Embarrassed to say I never noticed I have been paying Stamps.com a recurring fee of $16.99 for 11 months and have only ordered a couple of pages of stamps. The "help" page says to click on a nonexistent "cancel" button. Called and asked to have account cancelled. Received an email that said, "that fees were waived for (1) month." Called back and told never actually cancelled and that I would have to speak to someone in a "higher up department." Finally received email saying account was cancelled. RIPPED OFF!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

If you read the fine print you would know that the trial is not free. Like any trial service they bill at the end of the cycle. If you like the service and keep the account they charge you. NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE!! However I started using this service to ship out my eBay orders and website orders. It makes it easy to save my contacts of frequent buyers and print from home as well as set up free pickups from USPS. I'll never go back to PayPal printing again!!! This saved me so much time granted it took a few tries to master using the software as it's a bit confusing at first but when I called into their tech department was extremely helpful!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I planned to this service to print shipping labels for packages occasionally and signed up, added a credit card, and proceeded to print a postage label. When I saw (after signing up) that I was going to be charged $11.99 monthly fee I changed my mind. The whole signup process is deceptive. Once you add a credit card, the option to remove it is not possible, even though "help" tells you to go to "manage plan" and select a link that does not exist. Also, it is not possible to close the account online. Again, "help" gives instructions to a link under that does not exist. When I call the help number, I am offered a $4.99/mo. plan that was not listed under the "Manage Plan" options online. WHAT A SCAM!!! I have not used the service and will dispute any charges to my credit card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just discovered a recurring payment of $15.00 for "business services". I don't own a business, I don't recall ever making a purchase, can't find a log-in in my files for their site, and they are unable to tell me on the phone what I supposedly bought. Fraud reported and credit card canceled.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I used this service to send one package at Christmas time and I'm suddenly seeing a $50 charge many months later. Turns out you are automatically opted in for a monthly plan. Awful business practices.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Problem changing the "From" Address - even though it is changed on the screen, my certified mail label prints with the previous "From" address. Have to log off and log back on to make the change stick. Tried to comment through "Help". After completed the form and clicking "submit", it makes me log in again (I'm already logged in). I can’t remember my login info (I know this is my fault - I never have to enter my login to use the software because it remembers it - stays logged in) so I click "Forgot Login". My login name is sent. Then I click "Forgot Password", answer the security questions, it tells me an email has been sent, but it never arrives. So now I'm just stuck trying to submit my problem. So I have to go outside of Stamps.com and complain - didn't want to but it made me do it. Believe me I have better things to do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Opened an account based on a promotion mailing. When I tried to print stamps for the trial period I got an error message saying to call customer service. They told me the account was closed for security reasons! However they were unwilling to reveal what the security reasons were. The logical thing was for them to ask me whatever questions were appropriate to resolve the problem, but they refused. Don't bother with Stamps.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I found out that a Stamps.com account had been set up under a very old email when I was charged on a credit card for the services. I tried to log on to Stamps.com and cancel the account but all the answers to the questions that were provided to Stamps.com did not match the correct answers. I called Stamps.com on 9-7-18. My account was charged on 9-6-18.

The girl I spoke to was unable to find the account using my name or my current email address. She was able to locate an account under the old email address. I explained the situation to her and advised I had not set up the account. The girl verified the account had only been used to print the first 9 free stamps and there was 77 cents still showing available. I requested she cancel the account and refund the money that was charged since I did not set up the account. The account was set up using incorrect information. She agreed to close the account, waive the monthly fee and refund the 15.99 that had been charged.

Well today the 15.99 was still not refunded. I called back. Oh wow. I am shocked and ashamed of the customer service that was provided. I spoke to Christine and let's just say that she is one of the worst customer service reps I have ever spoken to. That says a lot since I am a customer service manager for a large insurance company. She was unhelpful, she talked over me, got loud when I didn’t agree with what she was saying, refused to believe the previous person told me they would refund the fees, kept repeating the same thing over by explaining how Stamps.com bills the month after the month is done. She told me that I was billed on 9-6-18 for the month previous. She then told me I needed to go to my bank to dispute the charges to get my money back 4 times.

WOW!!! It’s only 15.99 and I have spoken with my bank and my cards have been reissued but I can tell you that not only will I never use Stamps.com, as a legitimate customer, due to this experience but pray that someone quality monitors the call so they can get this little girl some serious training. I hope that someone from Stamps.com reads this because if that is the type of person they have answering their phones and represents their company to the public.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

They are providing a service of $16 per month for the right to print stamps supposedly. I wouldn't know. After 7 months of paying them I have not received one stamp nor the postal scale or free postage promised. AVOID.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had an opportunity for a free trial with Stamps.com. According to the rep I would be contacted prior to the trial period transitioning from a trial period to a paid period. I used a virtual credit card and started the trial period with the understanding I would be contacted. I never used the service because it didn't fit what I needed even though I ship hundreds of packages a month.

Fast forward 3 months later I look at my virtual credit card statement and lo and behold I was charged for several months. Figuring I made a mistake I check my email and phone logs to see if they contacted me and nothing. I've reached out to them several times and nothing. I'm now resorting to doing a charge back on all the charges I can. Long story short don't waste your time or money with this trash company. Their rep lied and in turn I'm trying to recoup money for a service I never used, an expensive one as that as I was getting to "demo" their highest tier available. I've also opened a claim with the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I thought that shipping with a discounted rate might save my small home based business a little bit of money. What it actually did was make my package arrive with "Postage Due" to my customer, who then did not want my product. In turn, they posted a negative review of my company as many places as they could. When I contacted Stamps.com to find out why it happened, I was told, "Based on the slight differences between the USPS software and the Stamps.com software, sometimes a package is rated differently when it gets to the post office. Sorry about that!" So, when I tried to cancel my account with a balance remaining in the account, I was told that they were not in charge of the refund of the balance and the USPS would send me a check sometime in the future - they are just a licensed agent. I think I stick with UPS from now on - at least I can count on them!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Using Stamps.com is easy and intuitive. I used another service before Stamps.com and it was OK but there were glitches. Then, I switched to Stamps.com. A few times I have had to call tech support. Calls were answered promptly and support was efficient and friendly. Stamps.com works well on my MacBook Pro. It is a time saver and helps me do my mailing chores in a timely fashion. I can mail letters and packages easily and quickly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

All I wanted was to purchase a shipping label and I needed to create an account for that. I've never authorized any recurring charges of $19.99. It's hidden somewhere in the fine print that you'd be charged each month. Then it's virtually impossible to cancel, close your account and it's not allowed to remove your credit card info. I had to go through my bank and dispute the charge. Their sign up and charging practice are totally misleading! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Honest customer for a year, yet they denied me a $20 refund after I forgot to cancel my recurring subscription since I haven't used the service lately. Pathetic. I've had better customer support from children's underwear companies and people that can't even speak English. I will NEVER recommend Stamps to anybody I know and will choose death before I sub again. Enjoy my calls every day asking for a refund, scum.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Stamps.com sent me an offer for free stamps for creating an account. While setting up my account, I didn’t spot the 15.99 per month obligation. When I saw the charge on my credit card, I attempted to cancel the account online. Their instructions to cancel did not match what I encountered on their website. So, I called and was required to talk to two separate reps and sit on hold for about thirty minutes. I was finally told my account was canceled, but it is still listed as active on their website and shows I will be charged again. I tried to change my credit card info but cannot change or remove it. I do have an email stating my account has been canceled, but I want it to show up as not active online as well. I’m going to have to watch my credit charges closely and seek legal help if charges continue.

Stamps.com Company Information