Torrance, CA

3.6/5 (120 ratings)

About Shipito

We make it easy for people around the world to buy what they want in the US and then ship to their home address. Servicing 220 countries with Fast, Affordable and Convenient shipping services.

Shipito Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shipito?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shipito?

Original review: March 24, 2022

I've been using Shipito for several years and they were excellent. However, recently things have changed drastically. Charges and fees have increased which I do understand but unfortunately they also apply charges where they shouldn't just to have you pay more than required. My last package using their preferred shipping method promising 5-12 days delivery took more than 2 months to arrive and customer service was unable to assist with anything.

For example, I requested consolidation of several packages to be shipped to my country. I paid the required fees and they did the consolidation. I then paid for the consolidated packages to be shipped. Now, they cancelled the shipment and said that 2 of the items can't be shipped because they contain loose battery. I was surprised because both items have their batteries built into the product which is as per IATA requirements. I spoke to the customer service to explain that these products are eligible to be ship by air but they insisted that there is no way to ship these products by air.

My only solution was to split the main package and remove the 2 problematic items (problematic according to them). This means that I had to pay them to split the package. Another surprise for me - when the package was split, the main one which is now lighter in weight is costing more that it was before removing the 2 products. Still, I paid for it and it was finally shipped.

Now, the second package with the 2 products (problematic items according to them) was still in warehouse and they do not agree to ship it to another freight forwarder. I therefore make another request for this one to be shipped... And you know what - they shipped it without any issue!!! But the thing is - I paid another $73 for this shipment (excluding the split fees etc...). They fooled me so that I spent another $80 something when the products were eligible to be shipped in the very same package. They are just looking for all stupid excuses to steal your money! I will never recommend or use Shipito services again!!! NEVER!!!

Original review: March 7, 2022

Shipito is possibly the worst company to choose for handling your package forwarding in USA. In my experience they are liars, cheaters & stole my money.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! If you want online support that just claims 'we are looking into it' but nothing happens - then choose Shipito. If you want to give your money to a company that lies, deceives & doesn't deliver - then choose Shipito. Do your research & check the reviews - there are a LOT of unhappy victims of these scammers.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

Will not be using this service anymore. I have been a Shipito premium user for over 6 years. Their service and price seem to got poorer and poorer. I think they are a greedy company who do not care about improvement whatsoever.

1. Inflexible packaging.

-They won't pack all of my items together even though I am paying for custom sized boxes.

2. Lazy and poor shipping.
    -They are too lazy to cut down boxes for you to save shipping rates, one time I got a box that's half empty and everything inside got scattered around.

-They are also very bad at adding proper protective materials and bubble wraps. Some of the boxes they reused are already splitting.

3. Expensive fees.
    -Their fees are going up continuously without any reason or improvements.

-They charge $10 per 7 days to extend your storage for a single package. If you have multiple package waiting to ship the fees are multiplied.

4. Bad shipping rates.
    -All of their shipping options are expensive. I ship constantly and know that their price are very bad.
    -Even with their cheapest option, Shipito priority, it is really expensive and the package get charged with duties no matter how low the value is.

-They also wont send multiple packages in a single shipment. Which is a common thing to do and can save shipping costs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

What a joke. They ask for 2 forms of ID and statements to prove you paid for the item just to return the items. Never seen a freight forwarder make things so difficult. They also charge excessive amount for even the littlest things, an average of $26+ and they only use UPS. They definitely charge more and most likely profit because UPS labels for 1 lb cost $12, not $26. Nice try. I recommend using different freight forwarders in the tax free region, such as Reship. They never make you go through ID verification for a petty return. This is not some ** review, trust me you will save more money and headaches going with different freight forwarders. I wouldn't be writing this for no reason, I wish this company goes bankrupt. Cunning individuals taking advantage of their excessive shipping costs.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Shipito is a very deceptive company. They claim they provide 45days free storage for premium plans but that is a lie. Any item received before and after your premium subscription still gets charged $1/day. You cannot ship items with other couriers except they mail it with their slow country post office service which they charge $52-$57 for minimum weight even if its 0.1 pounds! With time shipito will fail using these strange policies. I still have an item stuck just 0.3pounds and I have to use $57 to ship it according to shipito. A very mean and fraudulent company. Stay away you are already warned! Don't learn the hard way.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I have been a Shipito customer for about 8 years now. In that time they have gone from being a company that used to focus on the buying and storage experience to 'This is company policy' and "we can no longer support any of your requests'. They used to give each package about 6 months of storage and now its 3. If packages were consolidated, the new consolidated package would reset the timer and get 3 months/6 months of storage but now a consolidated package must be mailed out the moment after consolidation. How ridiculous is that? What's even more shocking is that if you decide to mail out your package to a nearby forwarder like Viabox they outright disallow it saying it violates company policy and we cannot forward a package to another forwarder. Why? It's my package and I should be able to send it wherever I want.

On another occasion I requested customer service to please waive off a small amount of $90 which could they could very well do because it actually cost them NOTHING. But no! That is not company policy so you must pay or else. It's sad to see a company that was quite customer centric heading for the pits. I have also had items missing from my consolidated packages which I ignored a few times but I am mentioning it to the reader of this review. I plan on discontinuing using their below poor services and will try and find a better provider.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

This rogue business has my account on hold for no logical reasoning. Their T&C state they hold accounts for payment Verification or to deal with chargebacks, I never did pay through a method that allows this, BitPay. Their top prioritized method to take payment give always given them to their liking which can't be refunded the way it came unless they do it from their liking. So to my goodwill I am met with hold of 3 Processed Mailouts ** + **+ ** fully paid and which is ready to hand over if their likings fall in this way.

1 Ready to Ship Package ** & A Missing 50" Samsung Odyssey Curved Screen for 2500 all alone they don't acknowledge receiving even which they have turned deaf to my explanations and verifications which I’m sure any business or government purposes would've been sufficient for what I give. But these people have totally raised egos to skies in trying to make someone beg in front of them and still hear the same copy paste they gave last time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The company: www.shipito.com. They are dishonest and irresponsible. Avoid at any cost. They have already lost several packages that I tried to send. 1) And now on 11/20/2021 they literally blocked a full shock absorber with springs that I tried to ship to Brazil. 2) I tried to send to another address I have in the US, another redirect service, which suits me better... and they refused. (It's unbelievable) This is what you are reading.. I tried to ship to another address on USCloser.com and Shipito.com, the rogue company, refused. They took over my product, folks, they're really dishonest people.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I've been a Shipito user for almost 7 years and the company was once excellent. I have more than 120 boxes shipped in addition to the various consolidations but currently the company has become the worst in the business. Bad attendants like Nancy totally spoil the customer experience. Prices have risen so much that they have become abusive and impractical. Customer service is almost non-existent and they no longer care about solving customer problems as they used to. All the benefits I had in my account were taken away and now the premium version has an absurd cost without any benefits. Stay away from Shipito.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Having Used Shipito with no issues for over 12 months I now have a package held in 'expected packages' because they have asked for ID for a friend that had her package sent to my account. I am unable to provide ID as she does not have a driving licence for medical reasons and cannot afford a passport. The other option was to ask the seller to send them a pre paid label, why would the seller put themselves to further expense, this would be a lot of admin and expense for them. I have offered to send a pre paid label but Shipito will not accept this. I only get given the same 2 options of send ID or pre paid label from seller.

I noticed on here that Shipito responded to some complaints and asked them to email customer outreach, I also tried this and have not had a response 8 days later. My friend is left out of pocket and unable to receive health supplements that help with her many illnesses. Cannot get through on the phone number supplied and unable to escalate. If anyone has any success please let us know how.

Shipito Company Information