2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Torrance, CA

1.0/5 (35 ratings)

About Shipito

We make it easy for people around the world to buy what they want in the US and then ship to their home address. Servicing 220 countries with Fast, Affordable and Convenient shipping services.

Shipito Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shipito?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shipito?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This company lost 5 packages of mine. Asked for a refund in July and was promised an agent would reach out to me in a few days -- 3.5 months later -- NOTHING!! No one has ever provided us with any information. They keep paying lip service and lying but NEVER help. Plus I asked for a phone number to speak to someone directly and they said: "Unfortunately, we do not have a phone number for you to call"... DO NOT CONDUCT business with this company..They will lose your packages and not refund you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Lost my package in the store (I think it was stolen because it was a rare gold coin). Refund 100 USD, worth 850 USD with receipt of course. They say they won't refund more because of tax declaration. I know that happens regularly. Check other revi.

Hello Jens,
This will require further research to determine how we can resolve this complaint.

We would like to hear from you. Please email us customeroutreach@shipito.com

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Recommend that you look somewhere else to take care of your packages. Multiple irreplaceable packages delivered but never booked in. Items disappearing from consolidations. Irresponsibly packaged causing damage and loss. They charge an expensive premium for horrible service. Claims are in every way possible derailed. There's no supervisory contact available if issues arise. Been using the service for years, had more theft in the last 3 months than ever before. Moving to a different service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I have been a "Premium" Shipito customer since 2017. In that time they have gone from being excellent, to now having some of the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. In the last month I have incurred costs of $400 due to their incompetence. They refuse to admit any fault. They don't offer to help with the problem. When I come up with a solution that would cost them NOTHING but would save me $200, they blankly refuse to accommodate stating simply "This is not the policy." This is when I can actually get some response out of them AT ALL. Emails get ignored. The "live chat" agents are dishonest, and of little help. The "premium customer" hotline is permanently out of service. I've called it 50+ times. No one has ever answered. I honestly don't know how these guys stay in business.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Updated on 10/13/2021: Further to my review of 26 September, I received an email from a customer service representative (named April) stating that I would receive the balance of my account $US162 immediately. A week has passed and I’ve received nothing. Shipito also didn’t explain why they cancelled my assisted purchase requests. I did receive an email from Martin (assume from their Torrance facility) stating that I had been informed of why they couldn’t complete the purchase requests but when I asked him for proof of the correspondence sent to me, he hasn’t been able to provide any because it doesn’t exist. What you can expect from Shipito is incompetence and staff who try to cover up their incompetence by being untruthful.

Original: I’ve been trying to purchase a single fishing rod from G. Loomis via Shipito assisted purchase. Three attempts over the past 8 weeks and Shipito have cancelled my requests each time simply because nobody from Shipito will pick up the phone to speak to a G.Loomis company rep and pay the invoice that’s been generated. If this is how American businesses operate then USA is finished. The sheer incompetence and lack of business drive is staggering! Avoid Shipito like the plague!!

Hello Dave,

We apologize for the frustration. We have had our outreach coordinator contact you as well as our accounting team regarding your assisted purchase.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I ordered in June 2021 some products on Amazon USA and let them ship it to the warehouse of Shipito. After a couple of weeks I received the info, that Shipito lost the packages and I will get a refund of usd 70.26 (the total of the items was actually over usd 120, but they told me I filled the customs invoices with the wrong total of the products, although I sent them the original invoice where you can see the total of over usd 120!). Since July I'm waiting for the refund. I wrote them several messages and Shipito keeps on saying they have "delays with the payments". Now it's September and I'm still waiting for the refund. They ignored my last messages now. We are talking about 70 usd, not 7000 or 70,000. This company scams customer and lie to them. How is it possible to do business like this in the usa??

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I created a new Shipito account after losing my older one, which I later managed to recover. One order was accidentally shipped to the suite associated with my old account. I contacted Shipito and asked if they could place it in my new suite, which is literally at the same location, and they refused "because it is policy". I have spent over $1000 on Shipito since I discovered it several months ago and I recommended this company to many people. But I regret those recommendations and will rectify them.

Shipito is CHOOSING to make it harder for their customers. All they had to do is pick a small package up and drop it at a different nearby suite within the same complex. I can not imagine this taking more than 5 minutes. Instead, Shipito leaves me no option but to send the package separately, which not only costs me extra money, but which is also an unnecessary strain on the climate. Shipito is a company that prefers a small package to go through the entire logistics process to achieve the same result over solving it the fastest, most efficient, and most environmentally friendly way. Why? So they can make a few extra bucks on an extra package mailed out.

This is beyond insane and shows how little regard Shipito has for its customers and for our climate. All to make an extra buck. Stay away from this company; it doesn't matter how much you spent with them or recommend them, they'll screw you over for the littlest and pettiest things if it means they can squeeze an extra buck out of you. Used and tossed.

Hello K,
    I am sorry to hear of this frustration. Will you please email us customeroutreach@shipito.com?

I would like to see if we can merge your 2 accounts together.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Ordered tea from a supermarket on Instacart to be delivered to warehouse. I had no idea they would deliver in a bag. The customer service agent I spoke to called Melvin had no customer service skills and was quite unnecessarily rude telling me off for ordering an item that was not in a box. He reminded me that normally they would refuse it and he then told me that I would be charged for a box. As a customer who had ordered twice before on Shipito spending a lot of money, I was the one being apologetic. I resented this as he failed to grasp that I had no idea the courier would deliver the item like that. I felt an annoyance and a lack of understanding from him which put me off quite frankly.

Once I got all my packages, I opted for consolidation (product only) and saw that the delivery was estimated to be $89 with DHL (the cheapest option). I was encouraged to consolidate to save on postage. Strangely enough this estimate went up to $175 with no explanation just an invoice. I paid feeling annoyed that there was no reason given why it jumped up. I was then hit by Import Clearance fee of £85 ($120). Surely, they could have warned me?

This whole dealing with Shipito which presents itself as a nice way to do shopping in the US and have your favourite items sent to you has cost me three times the value of the goods. The company’s estimate was way off the mark. Indeed I could have sent the items as two packages but this was no longer an option. The manner in which it was done left me being charged more than the items are worth. Never again! Waste of time. Avoid!

Hello Alkan,
    Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience with our team. I would like to look into it for you.

Will you please email me customeroutreach@shipito.com with your suite number? I would be glad to see how I can help.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I'm currently living in Israel for an extended period and I was having a birthday celebration back in April. I found Shipito when I was looking for an alternative shipping option since a lot of the companies I wanted to order supplies and other items for it wouldn't ship to me. I placed several orders through Amazon, Fashionova, you name it, about $700 worth of products to Shipito. I got notifications from Shipito as each item arrived, when they were going to "expire" in the storage space, and multiple charges for extending the stay of the packages while I waited for all of them to arrive. Once everything was there, I made the order to have it shipped, paid for the shipping. One day they send me a picture of my box and warn me that if I don't ship it soon I'll be charged, the NEXT day after I pay for shipping they tell me they've mysteriously lost the package.

I then enter into a 3 MONTH LONG email dispute with them and various "customer service" associates, asking for my money back, providing receipts for all of my items, expecting some sort of resolution to occur. I deal with being ignored for weeks on end, repeatedly told to resend invoices to "prove" that I paid for the things I sent there, every nightmare you can imagine, while still not receiving a single reimbursement for my items, which yes, I paid for insurance for. After filing a dispute with Paypal to get my money back from this company, I coincidentally receive notice that they "magically found my package" and now I'm being asked to provide receipts of my purchases once again before they're willing to send it. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. It's not worth your time or money.

Hello Melanie,

I would like to look into this case for you. Please email us customeroutreach@shipito.com

Original review: May 27, 2021

I have ordered a RC plane for $299 to forward this to me to Singapore. The package was delivered on Monday 24th May by FedEx. On Tuesday I was wondering, why no message. Same on Wednesday. :-( So I contacted the support on Thrusday morning, that my package is missing. A Ticket was opened by "Heidi" and she said, that the warehouse will check. On Friday I have asked again (Mike), the ticket was not assigned to anyone. :-( On my question, how I could back my money to re-order my goods: No answer. He said that he will take a look for the package now (how he can? I think, this is not true). I am super disappointed with the customer service. How can I get back my money. I am willing to try a second time, but the start from Shipito is worst. No trust to this company. No answer to clear easy questions (It is NOT my fault, that you lost my package, it is lost by you). What are the next steps? When I can get my refund?

Hello,

Please send us a message and I would be glad to take a look into this for you. You can email us at customeroutreach@shipito.com

Shipito Company Information