1.63/5

Torrance, CA

39 Shipito Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been using Shipito for 5 years now. I never had a bad experience. I used to ship packages from us to India. Only once my shipment got delayed because of Lithium ion batteries. I also had a first class mail item disappearing but it didn't have tracking number so I am not sure where it disappear. Their charges and membership are reasonable. I have compared prices from other shipping forward companies. I used DHL Express for shipping and the shipping charges were reasonable until last year. But this year it has increased. I don't know why. Is it DHL increasing charges or Shipito adding additional charges, I don't know.

Shipito response

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Been using them for years... never had an issue. Have shipped over 500 packages through them. Never an issue. We use them to return items from customers in the US back to the UK. Great company particularly since it can be very complicated to get items back but Shipito make it easy.

Shipito response

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I’ve been using this company to store, consolidate & forward my mail to my residence in Australia (didn’t like it very unfriendly people but I was forced to go there for work and education) and in Dubai. Postage prices are cheap compared to how fast is the shipping by DHL and FedEx. They charge broker fees for each package but that’s reasonable being able to see my packages physically. Back in 2012 they had DHL time critical service (too pricey) which delivered my package in 21 hours from USA to Australia. I was too impressed.

Shipito response

Original review: June 29, 2018

I've sent myself over 30 packages from the USA using Shipito from USA to Canada. Never had any problems - I've sent items between $10 and $1000 in value. Those people posting low scores and bad review about being 'robbed' have probably been scammed by the person they bought the item off or the thieves that work for the actual delivery companies.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

I used Shipito many many time before, about 15 times or more. Always trusted my goods on their hands. They sended a package to me at January 24th and the package never came. I'm from BR - Brazil, and they labelled my packed with BO - Bolivia. Many many days passed, no response by the carrier. The package was lost. It's very sad because I always trusted them and always received everything. So probably they won't pay me the $60.00 for my lost HealTech Servo Buddy, because I didn't have a insurance. Very sad by the poor job offered.

Shipito response

Victor, I will be happy to look into the issue. Please email your suite number to us

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shipito?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 1, 2019

Hello, I will share with you my experience with this company. I was a member for 2 years this company was amazing but recently this company became very boring and disturbing due to the many problems they caused.

1 - The first issue is you will be charged extra fees without any reason. Be careful when you place any special request because you will be charged extra fees if you don't notice that. I was charged for 15 packages for $5 extra fees without any reason. I contact the customer support they said don't know why I charged these fees. After one day they issued refund without fix the issue.

2 - If you place a special request they will cancel it without any reason and you have to repeat again and also you need to contact the customer support to sent note to the warehouse. And in this case, you will lose your time due to this problem of course if you care about your time like me.

3 - The customer support, they have very bad representatives and they incompetent. They will never help you if you have an issue. Only they what can do is send a message to their warehouse and these representatives they don't care about your satisfaction never. The only representative who help me at Shipito.com her name April. This very helpful opposite others representatives.

5 - Due to I contact them many times and complained a lot and I report many representatives, they put my account on hold and they request from some documents I sent to them. And this the second time review my account and until now they didn't fix it yet, I still have more than 14 packages on my account With a total of more than 1200 US dollars.

In the last, I don't want to recommend this company due to the many issues you will get, and I suggest to avoid this company. There many companies except this company. You can choose better one for you. Kind regards.

Nahir,

Thank you for identifying these issues. We will work to correct the special request charges immediately. I'm glad April was able to help you but sorry it took several back and forths.

Regards,

Resolution response: April 10, 2019

Shipito tolds me how to resolve the issue, so this case is closed, thanks to this website and the shipito's customer care.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I'm been using Shipito a long time ago with many packages sent successfully, until today that I realize that they refuse the shipping to another USA address that always use, indicating me that is prohibited for safety reasons and don't have any sense. I sent many emails to claim this, but I don't have any answer yet. I need to send my packages like always as soon as possible, don't have all the time to wait the Shipito's bureaucracy takes on. Please someone give me a hand with this!!

Shipito response

We are more than happy to send to the final destination but we will not send to another forwarder.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I am currently locked out of my account. I am unable to log in. I get to my page and can see half my account on the top half of the page and see all Shipito's blurb on a black bottom half. The page is frozen. When I complained, I was given a ticket number: log in problems. And then emailed a message which read, "Thank you for your email. I'll be away from the office until April 22, 2019 and will respond as soon as I can. Katrina"

Now that is in nearly one month. I tried a new password, tried to log in and out...tried everything. I have used Shipito for over one thousand freight forwarding purchases. I would expect better service. It helps if the people in the chat are able to help. But it is totally unacceptable for someone in their chat to decide to punish someone and lock them out for a month. This is unprofessional and should be punished.

Hi Meril,

I can help you. First through I would suggest clicking on the reset password link upon log in.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Have used a few times, always charging additional small fees that I don't ask for. They once said there was a "Security issue" with a package because it wasn't addressed 100% correctly because the sender made a mistake and that gave the green light to them to add additional charges and fees which made the transaction very long and wasted a lot of my time. This company is purely a scam and they make their own rules as they go along. I WILL NEVER USE this corrupt sham company again.

Hi Vicky,

We receive many thousands of packages a day. If a package is received without suite number or the incorrect name it causes our warehouse and CS extra work to track down who is the proper owner, that work is not free. That is the reason for the fees. We hope you will ensure packages are properly labeled in the future.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Just have been told (after two months of claiming), that the parcel I have paid to be shipped with tracked service (DPD) is considered lost and I have no right to ask for reimbursement or refund at least! Doesn’t really matter if you pay more for postage as they are responsible for nothing. So not only you’re robbed of your goods but you even lose the money you’ve paid them! Their only explanation was I haven’t paid extra for insurance! I paid extra for tracked postage! This is totally unacceptable anywhere when you don’t get what you paid for. This is just theft. Awful experience, lost some valuable goods. :/

Jana,

Tracked service is not the same as buying insurance on your package. It just means you can track its progress. I would be happy to look into your situation and see what can be done.

Kris

Original review: March 14, 2019

This company does not deserve ONE star. It is run by a bunch of scammers. I paid $54 for shipping to Europe, with the "parcel priority" shipping method, that is supposedly fast and trackable, but they sent it to me with RR Donnelley who are even worse than Shipito. There's no update on my package for a week and a half now, and no one seems to know where it is or if I'll ever receive it. I tried calling Shipito but they kept hanging up on me, and now my account is locked... They claim in the chat that it's because there were a few failed login attempts on my account, but I know they locked it because they don't wanna be held responsible for their horrible mistakes.

Hi Shada,

please send me your account number and I will look into the issue.

Resolution response: March 7, 2019

I'm happy Shipito take seriously the feedback and mailed me back. They made me refund and I hope they change one of their carrier (Airmail) because it's lost packages. But I hope in the future there still some cheaper options not only the expensive ones. Otherwise I have always get my packages intact except the one which get lost because of airmail.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I shipped my package on November and it's still on way. I asked Shipito where it could be and do they compensate me if the package has got lost. They just ask me to wait until May and they don't compensate anything if you don't pay extra insurance. Now they have already misplace 2 of my packages in their warehouse and when I mailed them and give all the information about tracking code and so on, they just put extra fees about taking pictures inside the box ever. I didn't ask that! I just want them to find my package, not to open it and take for that extra fees. Bad bad company!

Hi Ansku,

Let me know your suite number and I will have logistics do a deep search. Kris@shipito.com

As for opening packages...WE OPEN ALL packages to ensure nothing illegal is in them. We like being in business and there are bad people who try to use us to do bad things. If a package contains illegal items it is turned over to authorities.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Shipito binds you into a permanent charge as soon as you upgrade from standard. Just as for all other businesses that rely on regular card payments that get forgotten, so it is with this one. I accidentally noticed I have been paying $50 for two years without having a need for their service. Of course they won't repay the current year's fee (even partially) even though it's only February and I have just downgraded. Best to quit, folks. Of course, you won't find any easy indicators how to do that - just as for all other businesses that rely on this cheap and nasty trick to keep you paying. Advice: Be very sure who you pay for and how much and how cancellation is handled. Beware of subscriptions to services you lose interest in or have no further use for.

Shipito response

Shipito does not automatically charge cards for premium accounts. The charges are held on your account until you do a mailout.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I'm not sure what this place really is, but on January 12, 2019, I was scammed into shipping something I was selling for $2,100 on FaceBook MarketPlace. It seemed as though my first time using an online thing such as PayPal, rather than dealing with local people for cash was going to work out. I was dead wrong. If it was not for me catching a few small things wrong with the "PayPal" email (which turned out to be FAKE), I would not have been able to call PayPal and confirm I was had in time to be able to use USPS's Intercept in order to have my package being returned to me. It is all over the review boards of people losing things due to this scam. I have contacted the FBI and USPS's Investigation office. Whatever this company is, whether knowingly or unwittingly participating in this, it is not legitimate in that it deals in moving stolen goods across the world.

Shipito response

Samuel, We are sorry you fell prey to the PayPal scam it is a nasty tool. We have shut down the account you mentioned. We are also glad you were able to get your package back.

Our customers are legitimate consumers who buy items in the US and then work with us to ship to their items to their home country. Occasionally there is a bad apple in the bunch. We work everyday to eliminate these people from our customer list.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This appears to just be a scam. They lost my package, gave no evidence it had even been sent, refused to try to track it down - there is nothing to show they didn't just burn it and steal my money. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This company is awful! Their consolidation fees (which requires becoming a member for $10/month) are exorbitantly expensive PLUS they lost one of my packages for over a MONTH! Lost! Now all they have offered is a $5 credit, they won't even ship it for free. Horrible company. Stay away!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have been using Shipito for the last 2 years for purchases I do in US, to be sent to Brazil. In the last 12 months they have lost 2 packages of mine inside their warehouse (one of which as a consolidated package with 5 other items bought separately. Now, they have just told me that they cannot find another package that I requested to be shipped to me. It is a big package: A bicycle suspension fork. I cannot understand how they can lose a package of that size. See, it is not that the USPS, or Fedex, or Brazilian post office have lost the package. SHIPITO has lost it, inside their warehouse!!! And that is the 3rd time in one year!!! It is hard to be that incompetent. They are trying really hard!!!

In every time they come to me saying they are trying to find it, and after a while, and after a lot of messages that are not replied, they offer you a refund. I DON'T WANT A REFUND! I WANT MY GOODS!!! The refund is based on the declared custom value. So if you declare a lower value, let's say, to save some taxes when importing to your country, they don't care. They will refund you the declared value only. We have to remember that SHIPITO exists because of that. Most customers are doing that. Otherwise, just imported through Amazon, and you do not deed SHIPITO.

Also, if a relative from you sends you a gift to your Shipito address, let's say, a book of photographs that for you is very valuable, but for customs you declared US$20, if they lose it, they will refund you US$20. They don't care about how pissed off you are or will be. They don't care, they don't give a **. Shipito, stop losing my stuff, and do what you are paid to: To send the stuff to me!!! I do not want a refund! I want my goods!

Original review: July 20, 2018

This is my first time using Shipito. They are currently holding two of my packages as hostages. First they misplaced one of my package. I emailed them, they found it and the same was showing in my account... BUT what I see are additional "special charges" slapped on to it. Photos $2, customs declaration $5 plus I would have to pay extra charges which they have declared beforehand which are $2 per package, $3 for consolidation and $10 monthly membership fee if you want the option of package consolidation.

Now my I don't know why my account is under review. They want me to fill two identification form for different name??? And submit invoices of my purchase. Wtf! P.s. one of them being a nickname. How on earth would I submit documents for a nickname! It was only my account name... Wtf! I cannot submit the required documents for a nickname and so I think I'll have to give up on my package??? I bought those with my hard earned money you **! Not by just thugging people thousands of miles away. But what I am is persistent. I'll be posting this review in every platform that would be available to me.

Original review: July 16, 2018

If you planning to use USA shipping forwarding, I advise you to go **. Stackry almost same like Shipito, but if you have any problem then support will help you more, Shipito each package you have to pay 2 + 3 = 5 USD, instead Stackry only 2 USD and their premium 10 USD per month which Stackry Free as same sales TAX. IF you have Bulk Option, I recommend myUS, (support not good but shipping fee 30% Lesser than others). I was use Shipito.com least 2 year and 2 bigger issue I made, but live chat never give any favor from their end. You have to pay whatever cost they post (I never send again. It wasn't service). www.Borderlinx.com. www.Gosend.Com. Are also the same company, just new domain, they are changing their name.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Thieves and crooks - don't use this company, there is a lot of other options. Don't use this company, they steal your merchandise. www.Borderlinx.com. www.Gosend.Com. Are also the same company, just new domain, they are changing their name, total scam.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Shipito is stealing Brazilian clients. I'm trying to receive several packs from them since 08/04/2017. There is 4 (FOUR!!!) extend storage fee. They're charging me $37,00 only on extend storage. After sending 18 boxes with safety razors, they cancelled my mailout 3 times!! They're trying to force me to chose one particular company to send my things, but all other stuff arrived using US air mail, claiming US air mail can't deliver two safety razor!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Sent an item to redirect to Brazil. It was not an expensive item, but the delivery charge was more than half the price of the product AND just to find out later that there is no tracking, no insurance, no guarantees at all that my product will be delivered? What the hell is US government doing, allowing losers companies like this to provide the ** delivery service ever without no obligations with the clients? For a moment I felt back in Brazil again, thought it was a serious service from USA, but in the end I guess quality of service and customer support is not a major concern to anyone anymore Worldwide. Don't fall for that **, do not hire Shipito to anything, they do not have the skills to do a good work on delivering goods around the World. Your package will get lost or maybe not even sent anyway.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I paid $50 to upgrade my account to premium. 1h later I had second thoughts and emailed them ASKING if I downgrade they would refund me the money paid ($50). Result?? They downgraded my account and kept the $50. I feel robbed (because they actually robbed me).

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had a fraudulent transaction at our business and I tracked it to this company. I called 11/21 and spoke to supervisor (HA) MARIAN and was advised that this order had been received and forwarded to another address. Was told could not provide new tracking information. I would have to contact police and have them contact her for that information. I called MARIAN back and she did track the order and found that it was not delivered and was scheduled for delivery the following day, I ask for her to put an "intercept" on the package and have it returned.

Advised her that as long as the package had not delivered if she does that then it will STOP the delivery and they could return our product. She advised me that once we got off of the phone that she would have this done and call me back to let me know she had followed through. Well it ends up that she NEVER called back and NEVER issued an "intercept" on the package. This company knew this was a fraudulent order once I had provided her with all of the details but did NOTHING to STOP IT!!! NEVER USE OR TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! KARMA IS A ** AND I HOPE THEY GET THEIRS!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ugh, this company charged 120.00 to my PayPal account. Unfortunately, I noticed the following morning. By that time, it was already charged and now I am being charged for the purchase that I DID NOT make because NEITHER company will refund me. All I want is my hard earned money back. When I tried to make a complaint to the company, I received an error then my email got hacked. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the screen the first time I tried to file a complaint with the company.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I've been using Shipito for almost 2 years and I've always shipped packages here to Brazil... Until then I never had problems, but when I decide to buy some items of greater value (watch, sunglasses, console) after the consolidation where they opened and they saw my merchandise, mysteriously it disappeared... And this thug company reimbursed me only the declared value for the post, they did not want to know, I sent the invoices of the amounts paid and these thugs ** to the situation... I was robbed in 500 dollars!!! This company needs to be reported!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I am an honest hard working junior doctor. I ordered two iPhones currently unavailable in the UK. I have never had a problem before with Shipito but that is how I guess they operate. Win your trust with a few packages and when something valuable or desirable comes in then they strike. They allege to have sent out a package containing two iPhone X mobiles. The total weight of two boxed phones when sent by apple is over 1kg but courier only took receipt of an item which was 0.48kg. I would never use these guys again and would recommend you avoid like the plague. I will never trust another drop shipping company again. I have lost almost £2500 ($4500) and feel disgusted with myself and with Shipito. Absolute criminals have contacted police.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Someone used my PayPal debit card to try and purchase something from Dell. Fortunately, PayPal debit card purchases trigger PayPal to send an email to me. I immediately and successfully thwarted the purchase by disputing the charge via PayPal and Dell. Dell let me know the information for the fraud, but Shipito won't release that information of Customer **. They said they have frozen their account, but they can, presumably, open another.

Reading all the other posts makes me think that Shipito may actually be a company that defrauds. I don't know. I am considering my options since Shipito said they can't deliver my message of "Nice try!" to customer **. I think the smart thing to do is to purchase everything thru PayPal so that you are immediately alerted to purchases. That is what helped thwart the fraud. I am sure PayPal would have covered the charge, but I don't want fraudy transactions on my record. A database of fraudy addresses will soon help curb this kind of theft. Knocking on wood...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I tried to get my package from Shipito. I send them confirmation order, billing payment, tracking number, confirmation order. They got all information, but they still want my driver license. I gave them my driver license, but they still want my passport. They knew the package belong to me. They just want to steal customer identity. Beware!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Dont use it! Those clumsy ** managed to send 4 of my parcels to the wrong address! Although I provided a correct one. I think they did it deliberately because once the packages got returned to the warehouse they did 2 things: marked them as delivered (although tracking showed it was delivered to THEM) and relisted as new ones - to be paid for AGAIN! I miraculously was able to get 2 of those parcels by making claim to the post office that I was waiting for parcels from US.

And when I refused to pay for the parcels again they told these werent their fault that the carrier sent to wrong address and that those werent insured (what has that got to do with it when service was not provided?). Then I started PayPal claims for those parcels (20 dollars), they never answered to the claims or reshipped within 2 weeks! So I got money back. Now they put a hold on my account and invoice of 89 to be paid otherwise I would not get my 3 parcels that are in the warehouse from them. And 89 is said to consist of the 20 I got back plus "chargeback fee". Lol. For the service that was not provided. Anyway I reported them to the police and FTC, and suggest others do the same. You may not be in US but their local authorities can deal with them when you make a complaint!

Shipito Company Information