1.72/5
Based on 54 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

57 RepairClinic.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Dryer is broken again for the second time in five years, and for the second time RepairClinic provided lots of amazing video tutorials on how to test and repair my dryer (a Maytag MDG4658AWW). With my home multimeter and some patience I was able to save well over $200, and since I am within driving distance to their building (in Canton, MI) I was able to diagnose, get the part, and fix it all within 24 hours. Thanks, guys. You have made a lifetime customer. See you again in four or five years when my dryer breaks again.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I ordered a control panel for my stove by model number. I was sent the wrong control panel. Close but not the correct one. When I called to arrange return I asked about the $24.99 shipping charge, not to mention my cost of shipping it back. Round and round with the rep. Let me speak to supervisor. He said I got the part I ordered. He directed me to Jenn Air website. He directed me to enter model number. My control panel pops up. He then directed me to enter a part number > up comes the part that they shipped me (wrong part). He then declares, "aha, this proves you ordered the wrong part!". I don't recommend this vendor.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Canadians beware. I paid for express shipping and it never made it out of Purolator's terminal in the US. I called for a credit for shipping as it was not sent on time and Repair Clinic refused to credit the express shipping charge. Their excuse they cannot guarantee shipments to Canada.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I ordered a ignition coil for my rototiller. I put it on and my rototiller didn't start. So I brought out my tester and I check the ignition coil. It was defective. So I called to let them know so I could return it. It was like 2 weeks when I let them know. Play told me that part was discontinue so there was nothing they could do so I said ok and then I ordered parts for another small engine which happened to be the same ignition coil and they had it. So I called her back and she says she was sorry about the mix up and was going to send me a slip so I could return it for a refund. And up to this day I still have not got it. I keep sending the messages but they keep ignoring me. So just be careful when you order parts because they won't let you exchange them. So I'll keep posting bad reviews just to see if they will notice it. I'll try to pull one every day so nobody has to go through what I am going through it. Only a $46.96 part.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I needed a part for my washing machine and ordered what I believed to be a replacement part per the website's ordering guidelines. I was sent the part as described however it was for the back and not the front as I needed it to be. Nowhere did it specify, there seemed only one option. When I called to return the item the girl on the phone was a sassy **, unhelpful and condescending. A small plastic clip that I didn't need was going to end up costing me $20. Another $40 to get the "right" part if in fact it was. Not ordering here again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RepairClinic.com?

Original review: April 2, 2018

We purchased parts for our washing machine, it turned out we would still require more parts to fix the machine and decided to purchase a new machine. We tried to return the parts using a shipping company WE OWN and the parts were rejected. You are ONLY able to ship through Purolator, this return cost us $80 and our parts were $200. We lost almost 50% of our money in order to return the parts through Purolator as we do not have an account with them. They have a deal with Purolator where they can ship parts cheap to us, but it costs the consumer a great deal of money to return to repair clinic. We want to warn anyone who is using this company based on having 365 days to return parts... NOT WORTH IT!

Original review: March 27, 2018

When I placed my order I was elated to see my order will go out same day if placed before 8 pm. After the order went through I was notified it will take over a week to get it! I immediately contacted customer service to get them to change my order to overnight. After being disconnected by them 3 times they finally told me they would talk to management "to see what we could do" & she'd call within the hour. I never received that call so I contacted them again & they tell me the order was already shipped out because it was after 8! I told her no one called me & it was imperative I received this asap and was willing to pay the $20 shipping fee. She became extremely rude telling me she wasn't going to bother checking with the other rep who helped me before or contact the manager about it & let me know I have to just accept it then hung up on me! I will NEVER order from them again and I highly recommend you don't either!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have been loyal customer at RepairClinic but recently they have been dishonest with me. I ordered A Ignition coil from them and it was Defective so I talk To one of their representatives and she told me she was going to send me a Return slip so I can send a back in exchange it and I never got it so I talk to her again. She said the Ignition coil I ordered It was no longer available so I accepted it and I was placing another order and I found the same Ignition coil that she said was discontinued So I called her back. She said she was sorry about that and it's been 2 weeks now and have a heard back from them. I hope someone there can help me fix this problem. It was a one stop shop for me. They are a good company just one dishonest person ruined it for me.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I found RepairClinic.com in a Google search and loved their easy troubleshooting tips to see what the issue was with our gas dryer. Because I used their tips I wanted to purchase my items through their store instead of Amazon (which would have been half the cost). I ordered two items, paid for shipping, and was supposed to receive last Saturday. The items never came. FedEx tracking said the package was pending, and delivery date could not be updated. I called Repair Clinic to see what they could do -- can they reship, contact FedEx to see about updated tracking or rerouting, or expedite, so that I can finally have a working dryer?

No -- two of their agents refused to reship, as it was "not their problem but FedEx's." Their ONLY offered solution was to reorder the parts, and return the original shipment when/if it arrives. Okay, but when I return the original order, will I be refunded the original shipping cost? Or that of the return? No, they would not honor that. So I would be out $30 total for shipping because they refused to offer any kind of customer service. I've worked for eCommerce for years -- as the seller, they can contact FedEx and have the original shipment returned to them.

They can offer to reship the order. They can offer SOMETHING to help their customer. Great resource for research, but I'm never ordering from them again. I contacted FedEx myself and had them return the shipment to the vendor (turns out the issue was with the label on the package -- absolutely a Repair Clinic problem). Contacted my bank and had them dispute the charge. Reordered the items through Amazon (they'll arrive Friday, for free shipping and less cost).

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I ordered a thermal fuse for my dryer on the 17th, it shipped on the 18th and I received it 13 days later. It arrived bent as it was shipped in a flimsy envelope with no packing slip. It is clearly advertised "fast shipping" on their website, but only if you pay the extra charge because this is the second order with RepairClinic for me and neither orders have worked well. If I pay the $9.95 in shipping (as I did on first order) is the only way to receive fast shipping. Also, on the first order with RepairClinic, I placed the order then my husband was able to repair part so a couple of hours after placing order I tried canceling but was told, no it has already shipped. So I had to pay shipping twice; once to get it and once to return it and get a refund. This is just awful business practices. I do not know who is working in warehouse pulling orders, but they are not placing packing slips in packages because I did not get one on either order.

I have an electrician coming to install part. Hopefully, he will not look at the bent part and say it will not work but that is the issue I am facing. Almost two weeks without a dryer because of this situation. I didn't pay for expedited shipping on second order to save money because of everything I ended up spending on first order. I will never, ever use or recommend this site to anyone. I would only recommending using ANYONE else. Then, as I am trying to go through their live chat with Bethanny - I explained everything written above and she got it backwards, claimed that shipping was through USPS and FedEx and had nothing to do with them THEN she ended the chat abruptly.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

With the oven manufacture emblem glued to the packing it can't be placed on the oven door because there is cardboard packaging stuck to the glue that is to be used to glue it to the oven door. I consider this a factory second. I have called several times and continue to either be hung up on or lied to then hung up on. No customer support. I am a retired mechanic and repairman and have never been treated to such bad customer support. Will not use this company again. Sorry no order number put the receipt through the shredder in disgust. Would give a zero star if I could.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

They promised next day and Saturday delivery. When FedEx didn't deliver on time, they refused to refund the extra I paid for expedited shipping. They quoted their FORCE MAJEURE policy from their website, but I ordered on the phone and was not informed of that.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

When I ordered a freezer door gasket, I was told it would ship in between 12 & 24 days and nowhere was I informed that the gasket was a backorder part. I am currently at 32 days and still haven't received gasket. I have been given 3 different ship dates so it's anybody's guess what is going on. And the whole time my freezer is leaking.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have ordered from them 6 times now. Parts arrived in time, packaging was excellent, correct parts on box. Video online helps the installation. One part came damaged, I called. They sent one out overnight. Phone person was very pleasant and helpful. What else could a person want from a vendor?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered a part for my refrigerator and paid $28 for overnight shipping. It took three days to get the part. I had to throw two large coolers of food away. I called and they said overnight was for "business days" and to truly get it overnight I had to pay extra. What's the point of paying for overnight delivery if it's not overnight? Person on the phone had no concern for my situation and offered no help whatsoever. Will never use the service again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

This is my first time using RepairClinic and I'm extremely disappointed with their service. I ordered a Crisper drawer for a Whirlpool fridge from them. The website is very confusing. Apparently there are two sizes for the drawer I bought, one for the left side and one for the right side. The website didn't explain this so of course I ordered the wrong one. I called their customer service and asked why the size wasn't specified on their website or at least what side of the fridge each drawer goes to and was told they use the same drawer for other fridges so they don't specify the position of the drawer in any particular fridge.

I just went to return the drawer to the UPS store and was told I had to pay $28 to ship it back to the RepairClinic store. I thought it was a mistake so I called RepairClinic. They said that's right. They never pay for return shipping. I explained that I had paid $9.85 for them to ship the drawer to me so why it didn't make sense to pay $28 to ship it back. They said, "That's the way it works and too bad for you". Anyway, I will never use this company again and I hope nobody else does. Stay away from them!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Hurricane Irma devastated the Keys. My A/C was damaged and the wait to see a tech was three to four weeks. I have an extra class license in radio, so fixing the condenser fan seemed easy. I needed a new fan blade as well. I ordered one and paid the extra money for overnight shipping. It was not shipped overnight, and I asked for a refund of shipping. They refused.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Ordered a Jenn Air part from this company on Aug 4, 2017 at 3:25 ET. Their website said the part was in stock. I get an email today, Aug 9, 2017, saying the part has just been shipped. According to their website, if you order before 5:00 ET, your part ships the same day. I ordered from this company for that very reason as the repair was very time sensitive. I called customer service and got the usual runaround about how "maybe somebody ordered the same part at the exact same time and mine got back ordered"... Blah, blah, blah. Never using this outfit again. Where has customer service gone in this country.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2017

Unfortunately my husband misrepresented what actually happened. It turns out to be more of a problem with the website pulling up the wrong product during a search rather than the company sending the wrong part. RepairClinic.com sent the exact part my husband ordered. Our refund was processed quickly. I apologize for jumping the gun. Just be aware if you type the model number of your appliance and name of the part you want in the search box on the website, the correct item might not appear. There is a small disclaimer that you need to use the smaller model number search box to get more accurate results. Possibly might be a good idea to make that disclaimer bigger. All in all I'd say the customer service for RepairClinic.com is very good. Their website could use some refinement.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Our complaint is the same as everyone's complaint. This company will send the wrong part. After they send you the wrong part and you contact them, they will say "Oh that's the wrong part. We can send you the correct part but it's not in stock." I totally would not use them again because they obviously send the wrong part frequently. It costs them nothing because you have to pay for the original shipping and the shipping back. We are out $50+ all for the inconvenience of having our dishwasher torn apart (to get the old part out) and having to order from somewhere else instead not to mention the time it takes to pack and ship the part back.

Original review: July 20, 2017

On June 23, 2017, I ordered a Drag Link Ball Joint for my Craftsman Mower, which I have the Model Number already entered into my RepairClinic.com account. At least two weeks passed and I received a parcel from the company. However the part delivered did not match my part at all. It was obviously for another mower. I checked the picture of the part on their order site and compared it with my broken part and they matched. However the part they sent me does not match their own picture they published. I contacted their customer service which informed me they would forward my problem to their parts dept. Which did not contact me. I contacted customer service again talking to Jade. Jade requested a picture of the part I received and my original part. I sent her both.

Today, July 20th, I had not heard back from anyone (again). I called customer service, spoke with Christine. Christine was looking at my file, told me she had to talk with her Supervisor. Christine returned to the phone, told me I had indicated I did not want to research the problem. I told Christine that was not true. If that was true, why didn't I receive a refund yet? Christine rushed me off the phone, did not want to discuss this matter any further. I find that very rude. I told her I wanted a refund. She stated I would get one. Will be monitoring this closely. Avoid this company. I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. But obviously if you get the wrong part etc., they have the worst customer service.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I bought a dryer drum at a reasonable price and within 2 months the drum cracked really bad, to the point it was cutting my clothes, I called the company and they responded by saying if I paid the shipping to return the item they would refund my money and sell me another at full price plus the cost of shipping on the new one... my concern is I have already paid the shipping cost and it's not my fault their product failed, why am I expected to pay shipping both ways?

Original review: June 6, 2017

They send me the wrong parts... TWICE!!! I ordered two fuses for my Whirlpool dryer and paid for two day shipping. The first package arrived on time but I received two cotter pins. Called the company and was told they were shipping the correct parts which would arrive in two days. Six days later I get the wrong parts again. I called the supervisor at customer service and asked her to explain to me how I was going to fix my electric clothes dryer with parts for a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower??? She said parts department must have sent me the wrong parts. DUHH!!! Yes, and I told her this was the second time in a row it had happened. We had to go to a relative's house today to do our laundry. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: May 29, 2017

I ordered an A/C Relay Board and Capacitor with 2-day delivery. Ordering was easy and worry free with no hidden fees. Both items were securely packaged, shipped same day, arrived earlier than expected and were exactly as described. Very satisfied with this product order and service.

Original review: May 19, 2017

My ice maker quit working on my Whirlpool refrigerator, and after watching YouTube, I realized that replacing it was very simple. I found my model number for the refrigerator, did a search, and RepairClinic.com came up. I used my model number to find the part, from the picture it appeared to be the right part. I ordered it, paid for overnight shipping. When I opened the box, I found that the ice maker they had shipped me did look the same from most angles, it was not. I turn the ice maker on and off with a software control in the door. This one had an on/off switch on the ice maker itself. I checked the wiring, it was completely different, then called Whirlpool and they told me that this ice maker was definitely NOT compatible with this refrigerator, and could actually cause the door panel to go into fault, thereby ruining my refrigerator.

Upon further investigation, the shipping invoice listed the correct part number according to the Whirlpool rep, but the part number actually on the ice maker itself was different. When I gave that part number to the rep, he immediately stated that the part number they had sent me had the on/off switch on the ice maker, and again, not compatible.

I called RepairClinic.com, the first rep apologized, stated that they would take care of this. She was going to have FedEx pick up the package, simply place it on the front porch and they would pick it up. In the meantime, she was going to ship the correct part overnight to me. Next day came and went, the old part was still on the porch, no new ice maker had been delivered. I called them, got a rep who told me that they had determined that those two part numbers were the same ice maker. I explained that they were NOT the same part, and she sent me to her manager.

I tried to explain to her that this was definitely not the part that I needed, she told me that her service department had told her that the unit was compatible, and started to tell me the changes I would need to make to make the wiring harness work. When I told her that Whirlpool had told me emphatically that I should not use this ice maker, she simply stated that this was the correct ice maker. I demanded that they pick this unit up, and refund my costs. She agreed. I went to Amazon, input my model number, and was shown good pictures, and was able to verify that they were showing me the correct ice maker. I ordered it (cheaper), received it and now have a properly working ice maker. Oh, and making a critical review on RepairClinic.com's website is a joke. They won't post a negative review.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I ordered $16 of clothes dryer parts, paid $10 worth of shipping to get a customer's dryer back working in a timely manner. FedEx showed up on time only to find they shipped me parts for a lawn mower, not a Samsung clothes dryer. Now my customer is probably looking for a more reliable repair man, thanks RepairClinic.com.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Our furnace went out in February. Where we live, that is a bad thing. We were able to diagnose the problem as a bad igniter using internet videos and information. We went to about 10 different websites looking for the part. Many had the part, but it would take 7-10 days for delivery - obviously not a good option to be without heat for that long during the winter. RepairClinic.com had the part, guaranteed same-day shipping and offered overnight shipping.

I ordered Thursday morning, Feb. 23rd and the part arrived Friday, Feb. 24th at 12:30 pm. Without the overnight shipping, I may have had to wait until the following Monday (or later) for delivery. The parts arrived in good condition, when promised, and were packed with care (An igniter is a fragile part). The price for the part was competitive. The website was easy to use and order from. I will use them again for my next repair. The only disappointing thing was I could not find a review option on their website or a way to send them an online message. I wanted to leave a note of appreciation for them and say nice things about them, on their own website, but couldn't. So, I'm writing the review here instead.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I went online to order parts for my refrigerator. I was able to look up the part numbers and started to order them. There was a message saying that the part numbers had changed. I contacted customer service and talked to a representative about the change in item numbers. The representative looked the part number I was ordering and said that the information was correct.

I ordered a pack of two shelf bars and a pack of 6/8 end caps. The order came close to $60.00, I received my order today and discovered only one shelf bar and one end caps. I called customer service again to see where the rest of my shipment was. I was told that each item came in a separate bag and that there was only one item per bag. I told them that it was not what I ordered, explained about what I was told previously, and was told that I had only ordered one shelf bar and one end cap.

AGAIN, I explained to the representative about previously checking with them about getting what I wanted to order and was told that would be what I got. The response I got was, "Sorry for the inconvenience." They refused to send me the total parts that I had ordered using the model number, and said I would need to put in another order if I wanted more items. I was flabbergasted that I had already put out $60.00 and they wanted to charge more. I feel they should have honored the original part orders, especially after being assured by their representative that I would be getting what I ordered. I would have never ordered the parts otherwise.

They wouldn't make good on what was agreed upon, just said I ordered one and that they were sorry that I was misled by one of their reps. They said I could be reimbursed for the products if I send them back. However, I am responsible for the shipping cost. I paid over $9.00 alone to have them shipped to me. What a rip-off. I have never written a negative review on any company, but this takes the cake. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND RECOMMEND THAT OTHERS SHOULDN'T EITHER UNLESS THEY WANT TO BE RIPPED-OFF AS WELL.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

It started when I used their site to order a part for a furnace. First time using them went great. Got the part within two days. Well I needed another part for the furnace so got on their site, made the order, took time off of work thinking I would get the part as quickly as I did the first time. Wrong!!! Called up there. They said they will send it out again. No charge and express shipping. Still haven't seen the part. Called again and they said they would resend it and refund my money. Still waiting to see if that happens. Very upset and to make matters worse the part is for a furnace in a rental house I own.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I ordered a part, shipped FedEx/USPS, Nov. 21, with tracking. It was within an hour of my house (Phoenix area) after 5 days. According to tracking, it then took off to Washington state and after 21 days and two missed delivery dates has been in CA at the same place for four days. I phoned the company and asked for a shipping refund because it was taking so long. Their answer, "FedEx doesn't do anything for free". I explained that my contract of purchase was with them not FedEx so he said his supervisor would put in a trace. After another missed delivery date I called back and was told that the supervisor's notes said they would leave the trace on "until delivered". Makes no sense to me because it is still In transit, must be the Christmas rush". So, three weeks later, no part, no current delivery, expected delivery and no shipping refund offered. Not happy with the lack of customer service (and I left a lot of their BS out).

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

This is a very very lousy company. I placed an order with them 45 days ago. It is a roll-out limit switch for my furnace manufactured by GOODMAN. They keep telling me that this item is on back order. However I called the manufacturer directly and they confirmed that this part is very common and it has never been on back order. Unfortunately the manufacturer does not sell it to me directly. It has to be purchased by a distributor. Do a huge favorite to yourself and DO NOT conduct any business with them!!!

Not sure about RepairClinic.com?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Appliance Stores for you.

RepairClinic.com Company Information

48600 Michigan Ave
    Canton
    MI
    1-800-269-2609
    www.repairclinic.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business