LightInTheBox.com Visit Website
  3. Deal Websites
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5
This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.
LightInTheBox.com Visit Website

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I ordered my shoes since November and I still haven't received them. I asked for a refund if I don't received it soon and was told that it's being shipped to me. A month later (December), I still haven't recieved them. I emailed again but NO ONE is responding to me. I have been trying to contact them multiple times! It's now January and NOTHING! People DON'T ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE! Worst customer service ever.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We are really sorry that your package was delayed because it's really a busy time for the worldwide carrier. Your package is still on the way to US. We have asked the courier to prioritize the order delivery. So would you please consider to wait for it a few more days?

You will not regret for the product and may take it for another use. At the same time, we would like to apply for a compensation for you.

However, if you think this order will be late and no longer need it, we are also willing to help you return it back for a full refund later.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =20267157 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Do not purchase from this company, it's been 42 days and still have not received items ordered for Christmas. Tracking does not work, Customer service tells me to wait until February for items they received my money for on Dec 1. Customer service does not care, they just brush you off and tell you to wait. They are liars and scammers from China. They won't help you. DON'T BUY FROM THEM AND MAKE SURE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

Hello Donna,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 34995976 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

My deepest apologies for the fact that your parcel might be slightly delayed due to the festivity period.

The latest status we have is: 2019-12-30 13:46

Vancouver, arrived at the destination

According to our logistics, it may still take 2/3 weeks for your order to be delivered.

In such case, I'd like to offer a compensation with a shop credit matching the postage 12.82 CAD. Would this be okay with you?

Please let me know, so that I can immediately issue it for you.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you have any questions, please drop me a line and I will do my best to assist you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20266756

LightInTheBox Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

This place is a scam. I have bought 25 T-shirts. Only 10 fit me. The sizes and the size charts are not exact. Two shirts of identical design and same size 3XL (see photos) one fits me (purple shirt) and one is extremely tight (Blue shirts). Your sizes are not consistent. I do not like your refund policy saying that you would only give me half of what I paid and that it would be too costly for me to send it back to China and that I should donate them or give it to a friend. I believe you are, after looking at all the other reviews of your company, a scam.

Hello Rodger,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 34743528 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

I am really sorry that our supplier has sent you any the blue shirt in different size from what ordered.

We hope you might attach a photo of the size tag so that we can investigate the issue. Once confirmed, we'll immediately apply your warranty.

Once we can receive your information, we'll promptly work on to find a solution for you.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If there are any problems, please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20266750

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I bought dimmable ceiling lights at the beginning of Oct 2019 for about £170. My order arrived on time (however I got a call from that I had to pay £50 customs fees which I didn't agree to pay as I bought an insurance from lightinthebox and after 2 days my parcel arrived successfully). This is the only good point I can highlight. In a few days I decided to return the item as the lights was different colour from what was shown on the website and dimmable function didn't work. That where my headache started. I contacted the support team and they suggested that I had to do it within 7 days and I had to pay for the return to China myself. I requested a confirmation that they cover the expenses for the postage as the cheapest option for that size of parcel cost £65! They confirmed that they would cover after they received the item back and checked it.

I sent back the item with the tracking number and got a confirmation that it was successfully delivered to the Chinese address. I was waiting for the email from support for about 3 weeks with the results of the checks and the decision on my refund. Then I contacted them and they told be that they are looking for my parcel in their warehouse. It was emailing the support every week or 2 weeks till now about at least any updates but they stopped responding. And I couldn't find any telephone number I can call to complain and claim my money back. Nothing. I'm very disappointed and angry. I left without ceiling lights and without £235 (£170+£65) which have not been refunded yet. I would not recommend buying anything expensive from this company otherwise you might get similar problems. I would really appreciate if someone here can help me!

Hello Oleksii,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 34168152 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

We feel sorry for the discomfort. We can see your return was arranged on 2019-10-21 but we have received no parcel yet.

Please could you provide us with your tracking link?

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you have any questions, please contact me and I will be keen to assist you in a tailored way.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20266746

LightInTheBox Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have ordered a incorrect color watch to my spouse. I have identified it as soon as I ordered and cancelled the order. The moment I have ordered the watch the payment is deducted from my account. 48.49 euro was deducted. It is been 2 weeks I asking to cancel and refund the money, the customer service is of no contact to me. I am going to raise a complaint in bank. Such a poor response from the team, I do not suggest anyone to use this website for ordering things. I need my money back.

Dear customer,

We are sorry that you totally misunderstood what happened to your order. Please let us clarify it.

When you mentioned you ordered wrong product, we asked if there was a possibility to change the order directly. Since it would take a long time to cancel the order, wait for the refund and then re-order, it would be more convenient to change the order directly. But we also mentioned if you still need to cancel the order with full refund, we were willing to help.

However, we did not receive your reply until Jan 9th. In this case, we were unable to help you further since we did not know your decision.

Your order 2001020835470067 has been cancelled as requested and the full refund EUR48.49 was completed on 2020-01-09.

The refund will be sent to your card which you used to pay for this order. However, please kindly note because this is a transnational transaction, it will take a few more days for you to receive the refund, you may refer to the following link about the refund processing time:https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/ec11af0d-ebb0-4a1b-9d53-b919e05b1f49

Thank you for your understanding in this case.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am VERY dissatisfied with this company. I spent around $50 US on 3 t-shirts. It took more than two months to receive the products; the products were of inferior quality (the material was a strange polyester and the print quality was bad); the sizing was way off. When I asked for a refund they said that refund was too expensive for me to ship the products back to China, therefore I should take less than half of the worth, in store credit ($18) or receive a $2 refund. I hate to even donate these tshirts....

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

We are really sorry that the order doesn’t meet your satisfaction. We will help further check what caused the problem and then find a proper solution to help you out.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =20255034 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Ordered led light strips, when it arrived I came to see it's broken. I have pictures to prove it. Hope I get a reply from LightInTheBox, or else they lose another customer. I regret ordering from you. Ann-Helen

LightInTheBox.com response
Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.
We feel sorry for that. Please, could you provide your order number?

For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I bought a watch from this company. They took my money and sent tracking information but it never arrived. Then when I tried to contact them they had erased my order and there is no way to even complain, and ask for my purchase or a refund. This is very frustrating.

Hello Felicity,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 34579845 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

I feel sorry to hear that you haven't received your parcel yet.

We're investigating with the carrier to know the whereabouts of your parcel.

Since this may take a few days, we'll issue a refund for you to meet your satisfaction.

Again, I am sorry for this unusual situation and any discomfort this may have caused to you. I will immediately refund you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20245079

LightInTheBox Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I placed an order for a smart watch on the 30/12/2019 (order number **). I have checked numerous times and the order continues to say processing. Payment was effected and should have cleared by now. I have emailed LightInTheBox and have had no response. I have read many bad reviews and I'm now worried I lost my money and won't get my order.

Renee

South Africa

Hello Renee,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 35439514 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

Sorry to hear that. After checking, I can confirm the order has been sent.

Your order was shipped out via Global Priority Line-BR/ZA-yunexpress on January 5, 2020. The parcel code is YT2000421266076555.

Delivery will take about 6-16 business days.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If I can do anything else for you, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20245071

LightInTheBox Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I ordered two dresses for my granddaughter size 7-8. I was sent a 5-6 and 6-7. I went online to connect with customer service and can’t. Online says I’ve never ordered from them. I wished that I had read the reviews before. I don’t feel like I should have to pay for postage for their mistake to return the items. Why would you send 5-6 when I ordered 7-8??? I’ve ordered from the past but never again.

LightInTheBox.com Team

Kids Girls' Floral Dress Royal Blue
Size:7-8 Years(140cm)

Color:Royal Blue

Hello Nancy,

My name is Fabio and I am the supervisor who's taking care of your case. I feel sorry that you haven't received enough help about your order # 35407202 but please don't worry.

I am here to help you out solve any problems affecting your purchase.

I am really sorry that our supplier has sent you any product in a different size from what ordered.

Was the other cloth sent wrongly to? Please may you attach a photo so that we can activate your warranty?

We hope you might attach a photo of the different item/s received and possibly provide us with their SKU codes

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If I can be of assistance, please drop me a line and I will be happy to help you.

You can access this ticket at https://bit.do/litb-box?id=20245066