2.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have ordered a winter coat from Lightinthebox. What I received...I cannot even describe with words! It was not a winter jacket, it was an extremely ugly underjacket, not even close to what is on the photo. I wish I could attach photos to my review. I paid 25 eur for it+ 5 eur shipping cost+10 eur customs fee. My 40 eur went straight to the trash bin. It's extremely overpriced clothes with zero quality.

Hello Tetyana,

This is supervisor Fabio. I was informed that you haven't received enough help for your order. I'm sorry for that.

Since I really care about your satisfaction, I'd rather prefer to sort it out for you on my own. Please trust me that I'll try my best to help you.

I feel very sorry that you're not happy with this item: http://www.lightinthebox.com/_p7601403.html

Please kindly note that " winter " is different from area to area, so if you live an area where the weather is particularly cold, the jacket alone might not be sufficient to cover from cold and you might need to wear more cloths.

In this case, we'd like to know if you want us to arrange a return for you.

Or, as an alternative solution, we can also discount half of the price.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If I can do anything else for you, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you.

Sincerely,
Fabio

LightInTheBox Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have not received my watch strap. The site is now not showing my account or order yet I have a screenshot of the order and also tracked photo which said it had been dispatched but honestly it has not arrived and I am totally disgusted. There is no contact details - online chat offline continuously. No one to talk to. I have lost my money because I cannot get hold of this company. DO NOT BUY. If I ever get hold of this company and they do send me my item I will do another review.

Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. Could you please provide us with your Order Number so we can help check your order status?

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Whatever product you are ordering from this company, just don't. You will save yourself a lot of trouble by buying from somewhere else. The quality is poor at best. The customer support is non existent and it's impossible to get a refund.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We are really sorry that the entire order doesn’t meet your satisfaction. If you confirm all the products you received have quality issue, we'd like to help you further check the problems. Once we confirm the quality problems, we will take full responsibility for them and arrange a return for you very soon.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =19987628 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I ordered Oct 18th. I spent over €130.55 for pair of Adidas runners..The money was taking from my Visa card two days after I I’ve received no communication, about the status of my delivery. There is no email or phone number to contact anyone. My order number **.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help with your problems.

We received and confirmed your payment of this order on Oct 19th. We did try to send you an "Order Confirmation Email". But please be noted this email could only be sent to a valid email address. Since you placed this order via your Facebook account, no valid email address was showed to us. Therefore we were unable to send the order confirmation email to you. Hope you understand it.

We also feel sorry to hear that you felt difficult to contact us. Please be noted all customers can contact us via opening a ticket, please contact us via open a new ticket next time according to the following link:

I had conducted new Ticket ID =19987647 in our ticket center and will help you check the order status. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Updated on 11/13/2019: I was unhappy with my order but it was not the color it was supposed to be. When I reported this to the company, they initially refused to do anything, arguing that the garment had been "handmade" (clearly not) and the color was within a reasonable variation (it was not). When I gave them a negative review here on Consumer Affairs, they suddenly wanted me to be happy, so they offered me a 50% refund, which I accepted. Today I received this: Total purchase amount $31.74 USD. Amount refunded $8.00 USD. I am not a mathematician, but that is not a 50% refund.

Original review: I will never shop at LightInTheBox again. First, I paid an outrageous fee to get my article in a reasonable amount of time. When I got it, it was the wrong color. They did not admit their error and then added insult to injury by refusing to allow me to return it, as it was "made to order." It is clearly an inferior, machine-made product. I believe this is the perfect example of the phrase, "What a racket!"

LightInTheBox.com response

Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.

For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I ordered a dress from this company, and received it almost 2 month later after several follow up email with No compensation or assistance. The product was also the incorrect size I ordered, which they wanted me at my expense to ship back and they will replace - Which I probably would never see since it took 2 month and 10 emails to get the wrong size one. I would NEVER recommend this company. They have Terrible customer server and delivery.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have ordered from this company 3 times. The first 2 times, the size and quality of the single items I ordered were as stated on the website. The third time, I ordered costumes for 3 actresses. The sizing was wrong on ALL of them. The sizes did not match what was listed on the website. Two of the dresses were 2 inches smaller in the torso than the site listed. The jacket for one of the outfits was ordered in a size L adult. The jacket barely came to the breastbone on my size 6 actress while the skirt was so long that the amount of hemming required ruined the detailing on the bottom of the skirt. Light in the box refused any returns, due to the items being in the costume category, even though the mistakes were made by them. I will never order from this company again and I will be removing them as a suggestion for a good place for any of the 5 theater companies I work with. TERRIBLE customer service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Refuse to accept any returns even for unworn clothing that I wanted to send back the day it arrived. Said I’d had them made to order when I just placed a simple order and gave no measurements then said I’d need to return them to China which would be too expensive so instead they’d give me a voucher for £19. Absolute scam. The quality of the products are horrendous and they refuse any returns - do not shop here!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Never received order and they will not refund or replace. Only 10 percent coupon. Item was 15 dollars. I obviously did not claim it was missing and it wasn’t. Terrible business policy to lose customer over 15 dollars.

For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I bought a dress and paid extra for rush shipping. I tried to cancel the order when I found that out that it wouldn’t be delivered in time by checking their website, but they sent it anyway 2 weeks late. I tried to return it and they won’t let me and they won’t refund the extra money I paid for rush shipping. The company is based in China and does not have a customer service number to call. Buyer beware.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. Please let me explain what happened firstly.

Pleas be noted your dress is a Made-To-Order item. It means that we did NOT have this dress in stock. After you placed this order, we would contact our tailors to make a NEW dress for you. So your dress required "Processing Time" before shipment. This was why your order could not be shipped as soon as it was placed. Your order was NOT delayed.

We clearly state the processing time of your order on the product page, which is "6-10 business days". We are sorry that you did not notice it when you placed the order.

Your placed the order on 2019-10-10 and asked to cancel it on 2019-10-14. It was over 24 hours of purchase. Company policy states that all Made-To-Order orders that are cancelled after 24 hours of purchase, 50% of the dress price will be charged as a handling fee. Here is the link of our Cancellation Policy:

It seemed that you disagreed with the handling fee, so we shipped out your order. We are sorry that you still want to return this order.

Based on our Return Policy, we are unable to accept return for any non-quality Made-To-Order items. You can check the return policy statement in following link.

While in order to meet your satisfaction, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19976598 in our ticket center and provide SPECIAL solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information