Get Started

2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.5/5 (512 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong. The company’s items include discount apparel, gadgets and home goods. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large variety

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox.com is ideal for consumers looking for a one-stop shop for discounted clothing, home goods, beauty products and technology items.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: May 9, 2021

I only had 2 items that size was a bit snug. But still wearable! I live in U.S so sizing on different items were like guessing a bit! Reading the reviews I was able to select better comparing similar sizes! I absolutely LOVE this website, and the many styles and designs that Light in the Box offers! I will tell friends about it! And I am very excited to be a new and future customer! Take care and stay safe!!!

Original review: May 9, 2021

My husband wanted a bike stem extension with a slight angle and was able to find it here. The service and communication were excellent. Good company to work with. Would buy from them again. In fact, we have!!

Resolution response: May 10, 2021

While it took a poor review to get the vendor's attention, they did facilitate a full refund and we appreciate that!

Original review: May 6, 2021

I was looking for a fanny pack. I found it at Light in the Box. I spent a little more than the competitor. I received the product when suggested. That's when the problems started. I tried the different options available to keep the bag around my waist. The belt would not stay snug around my waist, it kept falling. I contacted the company and first they told I was out of the 7 day warranty period. I responded by letting the customer service rep know that I was within the 7 day period. Then customer service said that the only way I could get any kind of refund was to send the product back to China, suggesting that that would cost more than the product.

They also offered a reward towards another purchase. Why in the world would I want to buy anything else from this company, when they took my money for a inferior product and hide behind the shipping costs to avoid refunding any money. I had the opportunity to buy another product which I really liked, when I noticed it made in China I put it back. Not a fan any more.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize for what happened and all the inconveniences caused. I will follow up this case and resolve the problem, in order to meet your satisfaction.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =23503474 in our ticket center and provide new solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply and let us know your decision. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I love what I got, the style, the new original artwork available on these T-shirts! The 3-d style is so neat looking on these, I get compliments when I wear different ones! Thanks for the Original Art Work!

Resolution response: May 6, 2021

They have resolved my issues so far.

Original review: May 5, 2021

They offer free shipping on orders over 100$... that's a lie.... They don't tell you on top of that shipping fee approximate 35$ that will have to pay 50$ in custom taxes on a simple order of 100$... Then they lie and give you a none stop runaround about a refund!

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help with all your your problems.

Firstly, we are afraid that you misunderstood how the "free shipping" works. Please be noted the free shipping is only available for the over $90 orders with "Priority Line" shipping method. You may also see this statement from the picture you sent.

However, it was found you picked a different shipping method "Expedited Express" for this order. This was why your order was not qualified for free shipping. We appreciate your understanding in advance.

Regarding the tax fee, we'd like to refund you 100% tax fee since you had paid for the Tax Insurance. Please don't be worried.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =23503351 in our ticket center to follow up your case and will also provide you a Special offer on the shipping fee issue. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I am a hot rodder and was looking for a specific car “T” shirt for hot rod shows that I am involved in. As I was looking through the massive number of “T” shirts I came across one that had nothing to do with my original search. I am a Leo and there was the lion covering his face with his paw, I had to have it. I forgot about the cars “T” shirt for the next couple of days and every time I went past my mail box I saw the lion, and then there he was. Delivery was fast, the fabric is soft and very, very comfortable and the the lion is fantastic both coming and going…

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 4, 2021

Will not ever order again from you. I was very unhappy. I got stuff my dog can't use. I don't know anyone to sell them to. I'm stuck with garbage. I heard from other people that you can't make things right. Just rip people. Other need reported for advertising your ad online.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help.

We apologize for all the dog clothes are not fit. But please be advised that all our products are made based on our own size chart. You need to measure your dog first and refer to the size chart to decide which size to take. If you just pick normal size it wears without refer to the measurements, the clothes always do not fit. We appreciate your kind understanding in advance.

Normally we'd like to help you return all dog's clothes back for a full refund. But please understand we could not cover the return postage incurred for the return of non-quality products.

However, I can understand it might be costly to return the order. As I truly value you as our customer and do really want to help you, so I had conducted new Ticket ID =23503239 in our ticket center and provide a Special solution for your consideration. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply. Thank you for your cooperation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 4, 2021

I placed an order for a dress in three different colors..I was very excited to receive it. When they arrived I was extremely disappointed. They were absolutely nothing like what I ordered. I Ordered size 3x but they were very, very small. They barely fit my granddaughter who wears a 3/4. Definitely will not be ordering from this company again!

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help.

We are really sorry that all 3 dresses don’t meet your satisfaction. We will help you further check what caused the problem. If we confirm our dresses were made incorrectly, we promise to take the full responsibility.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =23503204 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply and send us the requested information to checking. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I am fair on my comments. I spent total of $178.24 on my orders over a few days span. All I am asking for is for the company to send me the right size on the eagle print & the one with cat paw across his face. That I ordered in "SIZE LARGE" & you sent size "Extra Large." Shirt print that had the cat clinging on front of shirt with big blue or purple eyes is the "ONE" I ordered & you sent me the one with cat sleeping. Shirt that had saying on front the printing was peeling off and stuck to packaging. Was sent the correct size but it runs very small for extra large. To fit correct it should have been x-large or even xx-large. "All I want is to get the correct sizes and and not damaged print on the one shirt. I want to show off the beautiful prints and designs on all the shirts I paid $178.24 on. I would love to get more but not until this problem is resolved." Thank you

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will help you further check the problems. We promise to take full responsibility for any quality problem.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =23502836 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply and send us the requested information, so I can help you further. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Products are exactly as described. Sizes fit well, bright, rich colors, quality products and workmanship. No problems with site; no problems with shipping. I feel safe entering my credit card number. One of the best online shopping sites I have used.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information