3.5/5 (688 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong known for discounts on a wide variety of clothes, gadgets and home goods. At the time of publishing, LightInTheBox has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars from 549 qualified reviewers. Although a majority of these consumers were satisfied, some reviewers reported issues with customer service. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large selection

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox offers a huge, often discounted selection of clothing, home goods, beauty products and tech, but many reviewers had trouble receiving their orders or getting full refunds for missing products.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

After using a couple other sites that have less expensive This site is really very amazing for doing online shopping. My experience with Lightinthebox is good. Everything about this site is top. I order many things from this site and I got my product on-time with the amazing quality and good price Especially when it comes to customer support. My I am sure you will love it like how I feel when I see the good service of support team in this site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I am very happy to put up my review about this company, because it is really worth it. What I liked the most is the communication with their support it is fast and helps to solve all your problems. Although I had a problem at first regarding changing the email on my account, the problem was resolved by the support.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have been using this site to shop for a 1 year and it is the beast and I recommend it to everyone to use this site. You can get almost everything you want and it's much easier to use than other sites.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The products that this site are selling are nothing like the photos and when you want to send back for a refund they make it impossible to do so as the cost from Australia outweighs the cost of the products and you complain so they offer 20% of total cost of goods. Total scam.

Dear customer,

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26645040, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you are free?

Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I order from this site because clothing and other items were of great quality and great immediate customer support team response. Hoping these items reach me before 8/26 going on vacation. Thanks for you was good experience. There is awesome collections and I trust this site.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I am very grateful to you and your good company and the personnel who work hard in your company and your good products. Your products have helped me in many daily tasks at home and I will always try to thank you and your company. for support.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Extremely difficult to deal with company when something goes, if you actually get what you ordered some of the things are quite nice. However if you have a problem here is what to expect: No actual person to speak with ever. I am quite familiar with online ordering and I have never ever experienced such difficulty getting issues resolved. I am very much ok with on line communication after all it’s the way of the world, however I am not ok with emails not being responded to or if a response is sent it’s generic and does not deal with any issues presented.

I have sent 14 emails requesting assistance. Not one valid response to deal with my concerns. Also when they respond with generic emails it has never been within the 24hr timeline they suggest on their web site. Shipping fees are high and then when you want to return something it has to go to Asia, however no indication of this until I tried to return items, then the return fees are outrageous. Once again when I inquired about this no response. I have over $1,200 in clothing to be returned to my card and today it collects interest for items not in my possession. I’ve just sent yet another email and received yet again another generic email. Oh and don’t bother to ask for someone to contact you or for the matter to be moved up the ladder, that too will be ignored

Signed a very dissatisfied customer,

Cindy

Dear customer,

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

We sincerely apologize for what happened. We honor you as our valued customer, and we honestly hope you can have an outstanding shopping experience here.

For your issue, could you do me a small favor, tell me your order number, or tell me the point of dissatisfaction with our service and demand, so that we can target to arrange a solution as soon as possible?

Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

This brand gave me a good service and I would definitely recommend. They offer quality service. I was scared at first as it seems as though they won't deliver well but they came through for me at the last minute. Stellar service though discrepancy in time altogether they are the perfect service. Would definitely recommend to my group of friends.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Would recommend this site to anyone. Affordable prices and good merchandise. I bought few products for absolute amazing prices and extraordinary quality, really good opportunities, I'm so happy about it. I would definitely recommend Light In The Box if you need something cheap, but still decent quality.

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2022

Company addressed my concern quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

1st time buyer. Shipping was shown as "expedited, ships in 24 hours and arrives 5-7 business days". I ordered on 7/19/22 and deliver date is shown as between 8/5-8/12. Definitely not as promised. These shipping terms are shown on almost every single item which is deceptive and should be corrected to reflect reality.

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26590381, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# k*****p@aol.com

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Everything appears to be very nice, the website, and the prices for certain. This is my first order, so I will get the full experience very soon. Other good things is quality is very perfect. But here some little problems at time of sorting but overall experience with this is honestly very great.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Thank you very much. I proud of you. I respect you. I am from America Dallas ranch and I love your website and my review is five (5) stars and this website is good for all person at the whole world and I recommend.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

This fast placed order took me no longer than 1 hour to decide on buying. It was very easy to fill out and I highly recommend for others looking to find shopping companies with fast delivery and good customer service!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I really like it. The customer service was amazing. Although am pretty new in this kind of experience but they provide me a good service. The only thing that I don't like that they take time to deliver your order, but that a very good experience overall. Highly recommended and will visit again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I bought a dress, and I loved, the size is similar to what was said, super comfortable, and the fabric is very good, It wore super well, and I recommend it to anyone who likes the model, in love for the dress!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I love doing online shopping. It's help me stay in the house, don't have to worry about getting a car or someone to drive me too there. I'm very pleased with the website and I will keep doing the online website to may it easier on me. It's so hard for me to go out because I don't have my driver license so with this I can order online.

Original review: July 27, 2022

My overall experience was good. The site looks good. I love the design. It was easy to navigate. There are a lot of options to choose from for the entire family & customer service will get back to you quickly. Thank you.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I wasn’t sure at first because I was scared I wouldn’t get exactly what I saw, but I did. Good quality and till the prices are very reasonable, I am indeed very happy with the experience, I’ll definitely be ordering some more.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I love the compare brands feature on the website! Makes it so simple to compare pricing, reviews and product details. Helped my wife pick the baby monitor she wanted for our twin boys. Hope this review helps others who are thinking about using this site.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: July 26, 2022

The dress is lovely and I wish I'd taken measurements instead of selecting by usual size number. Your return policy is not economically practical. You have many more beautiful styles that I will not order in case they. too, don't fit using measurements. Lesson learned. Maybe, I'll be able to have someone else enjoy your lovely creation or even better, maybe miracles will not seize and I'll lose weight.

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26555032, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# c********t@gmail.com

Resolution response: July 28, 2022

After a bit of a fight a full refund was issued and I was told to just keep the the pants that were sized too small. THANKS BLOO!

Original review: July 26, 2022

Sent the wrong size pants. I ordered an XL but, their website turned it around to a small. Company will not send shipping label for return, expects me to pay 40 to 60 dollars to return a poorly made piece of junk that probably won't make good rags. Don't buy from this sham of a company. If you do expect some of the worst products on the market. Hi LightInTheBox, I told you what I would do if you didn't exchange or refund my money. This review is just 2 of the many many I plan on posting. Your buddy: THE REAPER.

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26545884, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# p**************6@gmail.com

Original review: July 26, 2022

I had never bought anything before, so I was really dubious and prepared to return it even before I got it. However, my product arrived promptly, was well-packaged, and in excellent condition. Excellent wrapping; item is exactly as is advertised. I'm happy with my buy. I'm grateful.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I've been using LightInTheBox on and off for a couple of years, as they became one of my go-to online places to find amazing items. What I appreciate most is their prices are fairly reasonable, and although there can be some items for low, they do offer decent quality of products. The shipping isn't much of an issue, but even with the processing fees and estimated shipping labeled clearly, they do not guarantee it would arrive within that timeframe window. There has been a few times where I was looking forward to receiving my purchase, for it to take a bit longer than expected to arrive, so I'd always advise to have patience because it can experience delay in shipping.

I haven't bought a lot of items, mostly things in the women's accessories and children's toy area, so I cannot speak on other products available. Customer service is great, their agents are knowledgeable and a great help when needed. I do wish they can offer live chat to cut down on support ticket time when you have a simple question about an item prior to purchasing. There's an extensive F.A.Q. area in various categories, but sometimes I'd prefer communicating directly with a person. That's my only gripe about the company. Overall, definitely a place to spend your money when you want good quality items for much less.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I definitely enjoy shopping with this company. I am very big when it comes to online shopping because of the convenience, so between great products and fast shipping they have done me no wrong. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My shopping experience was wonderful. It was pretty fast and quick. I think you should sell more products for less because everyone is not that fortunate. Great customer service and I would definitely recommend a friend, or family member to check out your site and to shop with you guys.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 24, 2022

I asked for a reshipping of the correct item as I have received the wrong item from the very first time. I paid for the blazers and not some rubbish shirt! They said they will reshipped the correct item but when I received the delivery again, it's the exact same wrong item again! Such a bunch of scammers! Waste of money and time!

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26528046, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# reiannlaggui@gmail.com

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 23, 2022

I don't know which customers can say they are satisfied. Fabric is faded and poor quality sewing. All this site does is rip people off. Refunds are a joke. There is a problem with the way a company is not vented before allowing them to do business online. This company definitely deserves the name "BUYER BEWARE".

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26527950, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# northwindfarms@citlink.net

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 22, 2022

This company and the products they sell are the very core of the meme "I ordered this from Wish, and look what I got". The level of scam that they are pulling off is unparalleled. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING, from this site. The pictures and the product you receive are nothing alike and there is no proper refund or return. For info, there are only positive reviews on their site, but for "some" reason, you yourself are not able to submit a review which must be the first alarm bell that this site is non-legit.

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26527891, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# anders.ramm@gmail.com

Customer Service.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The tote bag is worth the money! Well made. A beautiful brown. A little bit bigger than I expected. Recommend others refer to the dimensions of bag. The zipper seemed to stick but after opening & closing it a couple of times it works perfectly!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 19, 2022

I ordered a dress that was on sale in the ad for $7.99 & I was charged $21.07, 2 sets of boys' clothes in ad for $ 6.99 a pc. & was charged $ 15.59 ea. & a woman's top in ad $5.99 but was charged $ 17.84. I have tried to resolve this issue several times & feel that you are giving me a big run around. I just want what is owed me. This is the only time this has happened. Until this is resolved, I can't place any further orders w/ you.

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26497655, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# ha******53@ymail.com