2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong. The company’s items include discount apparel, gadgets and home goods. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

LightInTheBox.com Get Started

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: July 28, 2020

Ordered a product as a gift - dispatch time was 4-5 days. 2 weeks later I contacted Customer Service who said 'sorry - has been delayed, will be sent in 3-5 days' and marked the issue as 'resolved'. 2 weeks later I contacted them again and was told exactly the same thing. Fast forward another two weeks and the item still hasn't been sent. The birthday was 3 weeks ago and I still haven't got the present I ordered. Will never use this company again - can not stand being lied to.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We regret to find that your order was delayed in the processing phase. Please be advised that all our products require processing time before shipment. However, the processing phase of your order was delayed due to the unexpected high demand of the product. The supplier required longer time than normal to process your order. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Your order was shipped via UBI Smart Parcel-AU on 2020-07-19 . The tracking number is 33XHE033510301000935107. Delivery normally takes 5-8 business days, which is equals to 7-12 calendar days.

Note: The online tracking information may be updated slightly later than the actual shipping situation, we appreciate that you can be patient while waiting for the updates.

Tracking Information:

Tracking link: http://cn.etowertech.com/home?trackNos=33XHE033510301000935107

The order will be delivered in this week. So would you please be kindly waiting for a few more days?

I had conducted new Ticket ID =21376784 in our ticket center to follow up your case and will also apply for a compensation for you. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 24, 2020

BE CAREFUL, It look like when they do not have a particular size of what you order, they would just send another size rather than say they do not have it in stock, I got sent many wrong sizes, and I have not been able to contact them or return the goods. It is very annoying that you cannot communicate neither by email or phone to them.

Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. Could you please provide us with your Order Number firstly?

Please also advise us more details about your problem, so we can further check it. We will help you resolve the problem with our our greatest effort.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Buyers Beware!! In my experience LightInTheBox offers poor quality items at too high a price point. The shipping charges are excessive compared to what you can find elsewhere and the shipping time is long. They have a very short return/exchange window. Make sure you know what you’re agreeing to before you buy.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help you check.

Firstly, we regret to find that your order has passed the 7-day warranty. Based on our policy, we can only accept and will initiate the return process within 7 days of the receipt of order delivery. The package was delivered on July 13th while you submitted this return request on July 24th. So usually we are unable to accept your return request.

You can check the return policy statement in following link.

Furthermore, please be noted the shipping fee is not charged by us. It is decided by the shipping company. They charge the shipping fee according to the package weight and shipping distance. We feel sorry we are unable to control it. Hope you understand it.

However, I truly value you as our customer and do really want to help you. So I had conducted new Ticket ID =21361962 in our ticket center and provide Special solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 23, 2020

My shirts arrived in a reasonable amount of time. However the sizes were both wrong and radically mis-sized. I order a large and received large and extra large. However, the large was what an American would describe as XXL and the extra large was physically smaller than the large. When I reached out to the company they have failed to respond.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I regret to tell you that we did not receive any contact from you. We could not reply to you because we even did not know you tried to contact us. Next time,

But I will help you further check the problem. Once we confirm we made any mistake, we will take full responsibility for it.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =21361954 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system.

Next time, please kindly log in your account and submit a ticket to contact our customer service dept.Here is how you can contact customer service: https://www.lightinthebox.com/r/contact-us.html

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I ordered 1mt fairy lighting and was supplied with 2mt instead. The company insists that the right product was dispatched. I have sent copies of my order and their invoice both say one meter. They requested photos as proof which I sent as a video so the full length could be identified. They still refuse to accept the wrong product was sent. They expect me to return the product and the wrapping must be intact at my own expense and they might refund me the amount paid. Return shipping cost more than the ordered item. I'm not sure how I could have identified the wrong length if I hadn't opened the packet. Do not trust this company.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the wrong product. We will take full responsibility of this problem. Please don't be worried.

We also realized the previous Ticket was not handled correctly. I will criticize that representative strictly. We will try to avoid the same problem happens again.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =21361907 in our ticket center and will help you resolve he problem in a timely manner. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 21, 2020

High import charges which is even more annoying once you realise when you order 5 items they are all individually shipped on different days and each one has an import charge which is 85% of the initial cost offered. Nuisance for sure and highly unexpected ship all at once then tell me the cost so one is aware!!

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Firstly, please be advised all the products are with different processing times. In order to deliver you more items at an earlier time, we split the order and shipped the products finished earlier at priority. We appreciate your understanding in advance.

Furthermore, please be noted the taxes is noted in our knowledge base as below:

Your local custom office usually will charge you tax fees for imported products. Being aware of this situation and we would like to offer better service, we started the tax insurance service. As long as customers have paid for tax insurance, we will fully refund the tax. The tax insurance could be paid to the payment page when you place the order: https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/3a39381c-3ae3-4376-8bde-800c4058d8f7

However, you did not pay for this tax insurance, which is why usually we did not refund the tax. Hope you understand it.

But I truly value you as our customer and do really want to help you, so I had conducted Ticket ID=21339832 in our ticket center and try to apply for a special offer for you. please log in your light in the box account and check. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Resolution response: July 26, 2020

The company finally paid me back the money I paid for the goods that were not delivered.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I can only give this company 0 (ZERO) STARS. I REALLY DISADVISE THIS. They are very quickly in ordering, but delivery is very slow and the good are not delivered. After waiting an order for 3 months and one 2,5 months and after taking contact with the after service they recommend to pay patient and wait a little bit. ARE THEY KIDDING? They are also very tricky. They split up an order in one item and then the rest. After a while they claim that the single item is delivered, what is not true. And the rest of the order is supposed to be sent.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We sincerely apologize for the shipping delay of the first package. We also regret to hear that actually you did not receive the second package which was marked as "delivered" on the online tracking website.

Tracking link: https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RV431482745CN&fc=03013

We'd like to help you investigate both cases further and will find a proper solution to fix up your problem. We promise to take full responsibility of any problem. Please don't be worried.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =21330121 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I ordered Loende LED lights for a birthday present for my niece. I put my credit card details in, but after this, it still said "Pending" on the order, and "Proceed to Checkout". I wondered whether I maybe needed to click on "Proceed to checkout" to make it confirmed, but when I did so, it just prompted me to pay again. Like they were trying to get multiple payments for one order. I sure wasn't going to be paying twice thank you very much. I wasn't happy that it said "Pending" rather than "Confirmed". I googled the issue, and some info on net said that some payments take a couple of days to go through. So I left the site, and hoped it would be ok.

I waited a few weeks, till the order was due to reach me in a few days' time. I thought I'd just go and check up on it, to make sure it was all looking confirmed, but noticed it still said "Pending" on order on site. I wrote to customer service team, asking why this is, and if they could refund me or preferably send me the lights asap, as my niece was looking forward to receiving them this week. After a few days of prompting them with messages each day, they did refund me, so that was at least good, but they didn't honour my request to send them to me asap. So now I will have to let my niece down.

Just a warning for anyone buying on the site: If it still says "Pending" after you have put your card details in, then follow up with customer service team straight away, to make sure it becomes "confirmed", and they actually send you the order. I think that is a bad glitch on their site for it to not have become "Confirmed" after following the normal checkout process and putting my card details in when prompted.

Dear Customer,

This is Customer Service Supervisor. I sincerely apologize the problem you experienced. It might be caused by the system bug. I have reported it to our I.T. department.

I've just checked and find your order for LED lights has been successfully placed on July 18th, 2 days after you posted this review. I also double checked and confirm you were only charged ONCE for this order.

Your order #38528649 is currently in the processing phase and will be shipped out no later than 2020-07-24 using Expedited. The package normally takes 2-5 business days to arrive.

The Total Delivery Time consists of both the processing time and the shipping time. On our website the processing time appears on the product page, right above the "add to cart" button. For more information please see the following link.

We will try our best to process your order and ship it as soon as possible. Once we ship your package we will send you an email that includes the courier name and a package tracking number for your reference.

If you still have any further inquiries, we will always be delighted to help you.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I purchased LED's off of the website on May 14th 2020 as it was cheaper and promised to be delivered within 7-15 business days. Once 10 business days passed weirdly the ETA changed to 8-15 business days. Then after 15 business days it changed to 15-25 and of course this kept continuing up until 30 business days. I waited and they never came so I got onto customer service which took a few days to get back to me. They gave me a tracking number which didnt work and refused to refund my money until 120 days have passed which is ridiculous cause first of all it was supposed to be 7-15 business days and second of all thats almost A THIRD OF A YEAR!! Ridiculous over 2 months later still havent gotten my money or my package. Dont ever buy from here. They'd come faster from wish to be honest.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize for the shipping delay.

Please be kindly advised that your package was delayed due to the epidemic. The worldwide spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) affects all international transportations and customs clearances. So your package require more time for delivery. Please understand we do really want to deliver you the package sooner, but unfortunately we are unable to control the shipping time in this period. Hope you understand it.

Normally we could not issue a refund for you now because the package is still in the transit to your address. But I truly value you as our customer and do really want to make you happy. So I had conducted new Ticket ID =21309661 in our ticket center and provide a new Special solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 14, 2020

LightInTheBox is the best. If you are looking for good and quality products they are the best at it. Their customer service is super friendly and their delivery is on point. Their pricing is good. They deal with clothing, toys, shoes, bags, jewelry, watches and so on, their shipping is fast about 1-2 weeks for expedited, 2-4 weeks for postal service. I recommend doing business with Lightinthebox, they are the best.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information