3.5/5 (673 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong known for discounts on a wide variety of clothes, gadgets and home goods. At the time of publishing, LightInTheBox has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars from 549 qualified reviewers. Although a majority of these consumers were satisfied, some reviewers reported issues with customer service. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large selection

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox offers a huge, often discounted selection of clothing, home goods, beauty products and tech, but many reviewers had trouble receiving their orders or getting full refunds for missing products.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I ordered two or necklaces for myself and my daughter-in-law after we lost my son, we are both very pleased and happy with our necklaces. My next order was a shirt in shorts and I love them both although the shorts were supposed to be blue they are a more purple color. I have another order of t-shirts coming for my son and my husband I cannot wait to get them, have a good expectations from other orders so far. And waiting to order a few more items, I feel I should be pleased with them as well..

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I just ordered from Light in the Box.com for the first time for a semi-formal event, they estimated my delivery to the day before my event so I was frantic and looking for alternatives when two weeks before it was scheduled to arrive- it came in! The items fit perfect, were more beautiful in person, and I am going to feel like Cinderella at the Ball!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I ordered two dresses and cancels within three days only because they said that the dresses would not be there on time for the wedding. Because I cancel within those three days they want to keep half of the money when the dresses are still in the warehouse. Haven’t been shipped. Haven’t done anything to them. They are still in the warehouse and I have pictures of that where the email stated such. This is my first time engaging with this company and it is my last. I have contacted a lawyer because I want all my money. Never ever buy anything from this company.

Dear Kailani Flint,

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox. Thank you for leaving a comment with us. Your advice is very essential for us to improve quality issue and service level.

We understand your situation and sincerely wish to help you. However, when the products show in the warehouse, we have finished the first stages of the tailoring using the raw fabric, and our tailors are now working on the details. As such, we are not able to cancel your order with a full refund as material and labor costs were already paid for.

But actually we apply a full refund to you. The refund has been ended on August 16 to your credit card. Here is the transaction information.

We thank you for your full support all the way along and wish to serve you better in the near future.

It would be appreciated if you revise the review on Consumer Affairs, my boss will be happy to treat me nicely if he could see there are some positive reviews about my service.

Sincerely,
Chloe

Customer Service

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2022

I had great service from the customer service team of Chloe and Eleonora. They went above and beyond with their service to fix my problem.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I have had a very bad experience with Light In The Box. I ordered 3 shirts. All 3XL. On delivery 1 was perfect and the other 2 had their labels' size cut off and were smaller and didn’t fit. Were more like a medium size. After 15 emails and over 20! photos trying to return and get my correct size no luck. I didn’t want a refund. I wanted what I paid for. I was told that 3XL in the shirt that fitted was 55 in chest and the other 2 shirts 3XL was a 48 in chest? I would stay away from this company. Mark

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I ordered 1 motorcycle jacket, 2 t-shirts, both sizes XL. Items arrived. Labels in side items show XL and on tags outside. Items are the incorrect size. They are a M=Medium. Asked for full refund. LightInTheBox box plays games. Offering to reduce price of items delivered and I keep them. Plus a discount on future orders. Turned the offer down. I want a full refund of their low quality China junk. Their return process is a joke. Never got my refund. Stuck with their junk items that will never fit. Buyers beware.

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26672126, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you are free?

Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

This is a scam. I would like to start a class action lawsuit for unethical business practices. I am also reporting them to the FCC and the FTC for unethical business practices and failure to refund full amounts as well as falsely stating they cannot print return labels when they can print shipping labels if they can print shipping labels they can print return labels. As well they are lying with this statement, they do not have full disclosure and they ship junky wrong items < used items < wrong sizes and wrong colors.

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26662712, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you are free?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I ordered a jumpsuit. The item itself wasn't bad, but it was see-through and I wanted to return it. When returning an item, most companies simply send you the return label and you send it off in the mail. This company sent multiple long emails trying to convince me to keep it, with "special" discounts. It was strange and annoying. If a customer wants to return something, it should be a simple, straightforward experience.

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26662746, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you are free?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Great selection. I love their stuff, so easy to order. Everything I wanted I found. I AM A HARD CLOTHES PICKER AND I FOUND MYSELF WANTING EVERYTHING. Wrapping up my order was so quick and easy unlike a big chain store that never lets you checkout with just the stuff you picked, they like to suggest.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Good experience using the website, great selection of cheap clothes. I could buy a whole new wardrobe for super cheap! Website is simple and easy to use and I expect the same from the mobile application. A little more searching on the website and I found the home décor area.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

There is a great variety of products on this site. You can find just about anything that you're looking for. They might not be the best sometimes but the majority of the time it is. You'll hit more than you'll miss.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Nice shop. I heard about it from a friend. I wasn't sure about ordering but I did. First order experience was good but the second one the order came late than I expected. But overall the service was amazing. Definitely I will come again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I love how easy the website as well as the mobile app are to navigate! Not to mention the clothing selection is awesome!! The prices are actually affordable also! Doesn't get any better than that! Will definitely return for more affordable, cute clothes!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

After using a couple other sites that have less expensive This site is really very amazing for doing online shopping. My experience with Lightinthebox is good. Everything about this site is top. I order many things from this site and I got my product on-time with the amazing quality and good price Especially when it comes to customer support. My I am sure you will love it like how I feel when I see the good service of support team in this site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I am very happy to put up my review about this company, because it is really worth it. What I liked the most is the communication with their support it is fast and helps to solve all your problems. Although I had a problem at first regarding changing the email on my account, the problem was resolved by the support.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have been using this site to shop for a 1 year and it is the beast and I recommend it to everyone to use this site. You can get almost everything you want and it's much easier to use than other sites.

Resolution response: Aug. 22, 2022

I received a full refund and am now happy with the resolution.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The products that this site are selling are nothing like the photos and when you want to send back for a refund they make it impossible to do so as the cost from Australia outweighs the cost of the products and you complain so they offer 20% of total cost of goods. Total scam.

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26645040, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you are free?

Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I order from this site because clothing and other items were of great quality and great immediate customer support team response. Hoping these items reach me before 8/26 going on vacation. Thanks for you was good experience. There is awesome collections and I trust this site.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I am very grateful to you and your good company and the personnel who work hard in your company and your good products. Your products have helped me in many daily tasks at home and I will always try to thank you and your company. for support.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Extremely difficult to deal with company when something goes, if you actually get what you ordered some of the things are quite nice. However if you have a problem here is what to expect: No actual person to speak with ever. I am quite familiar with online ordering and I have never ever experienced such difficulty getting issues resolved. I am very much ok with on line communication after all it’s the way of the world, however I am not ok with emails not being responded to or if a response is sent it’s generic and does not deal with any issues presented.

I have sent 14 emails requesting assistance. Not one valid response to deal with my concerns. Also when they respond with generic emails it has never been within the 24hr timeline they suggest on their web site. Shipping fees are high and then when you want to return something it has to go to Asia, however no indication of this until I tried to return items, then the return fees are outrageous. Once again when I inquired about this no response. I have over $1,200 in clothing to be returned to my card and today it collects interest for items not in my possession. I’ve just sent yet another email and received yet again another generic email. Oh and don’t bother to ask for someone to contact you or for the matter to be moved up the ladder, that too will be ignored

Signed a very dissatisfied customer,

Cindy

This is Chloe, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

We sincerely apologize for what happened. We honor you as our valued customer, and we honestly hope you can have an outstanding shopping experience here.

For your issue, could you do me a small favor, tell me your order number, or tell me the point of dissatisfaction with our service and demand, so that we can target to arrange a solution as soon as possible?

Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

This brand gave me a good service and I would definitely recommend. They offer quality service. I was scared at first as it seems as though they won't deliver well but they came through for me at the last minute. Stellar service though discrepancy in time altogether they are the perfect service. Would definitely recommend to my group of friends.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Would recommend this site to anyone. Affordable prices and good merchandise. I bought few products for absolute amazing prices and extraordinary quality, really good opportunities, I'm so happy about it. I would definitely recommend Light In The Box if you need something cheap, but still decent quality.

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2022

Company addressed my concern quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

1st time buyer. Shipping was shown as "expedited, ships in 24 hours and arrives 5-7 business days". I ordered on 7/19/22 and deliver date is shown as between 8/5-8/12. Definitely not as promised. These shipping terms are shown on almost every single item which is deceptive and should be corrected to reflect reality.

Dear customer,

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service, Lightinthebox.

For your issue I have created ticket# 26590381, Would you please login you litb account and reply when you feel free?

You will also find the message in your email# k*****p@aol.com

I‘m expecting your reply.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Everything appears to be very nice, the website, and the prices for certain. This is my first order, so I will get the full experience very soon. Other good things is quality is very perfect. But here some little problems at time of sorting but overall experience with this is honestly very great.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Thank you very much. I proud of you. I respect you. I am from America Dallas ranch and I love your website and my review is five (5) stars and this website is good for all person at the whole world and I recommend.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

This fast placed order took me no longer than 1 hour to decide on buying. It was very easy to fill out and I highly recommend for others looking to find shopping companies with fast delivery and good customer service!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I really like it. The customer service was amazing. Although am pretty new in this kind of experience but they provide me a good service. The only thing that I don't like that they take time to deliver your order, but that a very good experience overall. Highly recommended and will visit again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I bought a dress, and I loved, the size is similar to what was said, super comfortable, and the fabric is very good, It wore super well, and I recommend it to anyone who likes the model, in love for the dress!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I love doing online shopping. It's help me stay in the house, don't have to worry about getting a car or someone to drive me too there. I'm very pleased with the website and I will keep doing the online website to may it easier on me. It's so hard for me to go out because I don't have my driver license so with this I can order online.

Original review: July 27, 2022

My overall experience was good. The site looks good. I love the design. It was easy to navigate. There are a lot of options to choose from for the entire family & customer service will get back to you quickly. Thank you.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I wasn’t sure at first because I was scared I wouldn’t get exactly what I saw, but I did. Good quality and till the prices are very reasonable, I am indeed very happy with the experience, I’ll definitely be ordering some more.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information