1.32/5

259 Healthgrades Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 9, 2019

Doctors just pay this site to write what they want and delete what they want. Very dangerous to people putting their life in someone’s hands. I was very manipulated thinking I was in good hands and my health was completely destroyed. These sites should be exposed for what they truly are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I tried three times to submit a request to Healthgrades through their "Contact Us" online form that a patient review be removed from my profile not because it is critical but because it is inappropriate and inaccurate. It was not written by my (adult) patient but by his mother to whom he had not given consent to release his medical information or participate in his treatment; her statements about the costs of my services are untrue; and she made baseless defamatory accusations that I harmed her son and am dangerous. I have received no response from Healthgrades. It does not serve the public interest to have invalid reviews on a physician review site, nor does it protect the personal integrity and business reputations of competent physicians who have been unfairly victimized.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I submitted reviews of physicians that I had excellent experiences during visits, and doctors who are medical bullies. Healthgrades only displays the good reviews of doctors, and the only negative reviews were about support staff experiences. Very misleading.

Original review: April 28, 2019

An oral surgeon in my community is in jail for sexually abusing numerous patients over a period of several years, including minors. His license has been revoked and he is no longer practicing. I informed the Healthgrades website of this, telling them they needed to update his page. They did nothing. It is still showing him as having no disciplinary action taken against him, ever, and it shows him still in practice. This is a huge slap in the face of the people he has abused and it misrepresents the current situation regarding this oral surgeon.

Original review: April 16, 2019

If you compare doctor or hospital ratings, but especially individual providers, Healthgrades always shows the lowest rating, why? They combine office staff, billing, etc in the ratings to rate the provider, even if the provider had a high individual rating. Healthgrades is VERY inaccurate and should not be used as a tool to rate a healthcare provider as an individual. Even when this was pointed out to them they referred to their policy and did not evaluate the whole picture, not a good rating website!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: April 6, 2019

How can a company be allowed to exist, when it doesn't protect small businesses? Not only that, but those of us who are out there helping and are vulnerable to those with mental illness (and their misdirected anger) fall prey to drunken words and negative reviews. What about when it's not a client, but a boyfriend, or girlfriend, husband, wife, son, daughter of someone who is in therapy, and he or she doesn't want to look at the abuse inflicted...?

Healthgrades sucks. They don't care. They feed off helping perpetrators. They make it very difficult for professionals to protect those who need protecting. There is no recourse for those who stand up with victims against angry perpetrators. As usual, the system is broken. Bravo Healthgrades. Karma is a **. And one day, it will take you down. I'll be watching, and smiling when it does.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I cannot remove my age from my profile. Who wants to know how old their doctor is anyway? I mean come on- I am a woman and appreciate my privacy in this respect. This website is patient friendly, oh yes, a place to air grievances but in turn, I have no way of responding or addressing any slander the patient wishes to write against me. How do I give this website ZERO stars?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Healthgrades is not just a review site. This is a front for selling their marketing and advertising services, services that go outside Healthgrades. Their website will ask if you are a third party and encourage you to fill out information about the client, so you believe they are going to help you. After a day, they send an email that says this, "Healthgrades does not permit 3rd party firms to represent or manage providers, group practices, hospitals or healthcare systems with Healthgrades. Please ask your client to contact Healthgrades directly." Ad agencies and consultants would be wise not to send them client info. ZocDoc and WebMD are much more legitimate than this marketing company posing as a review site.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Healthgrades is a horrible website for Doctors. It is not monitored, reviewed, or given the opportunity to get the entire story from the Provider side of the reviews. Healthgrades allows people that are not even a patient from a provider's office, leave a negative review out of despite of that person. It also allows people to leave a review with information that is against HIPPA laws and full of false facts and statements that are lies. When you try and dispute the review, they say it is not against their policy. This website should be taken down because it is only destroying small practices that are doing the right thing ethically, medically, and treating all patients fair and with respect. They need to be sued.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Shortly after using Healthgrades to contact a physician I received a phone call from a woman telling me she was with Medicare and that since I was having issues with hip pain I was eligible for a new benefit "at no personal cost to you." I hung up and contacted Medicare who told me they don't make calls like that and hanging up was probably a good idea. I find it disturbing that Healthgrades provides a phone number in a box that says "Make an appointment" and answer it like they are the doctor's office, asking for the kind of personal information that a real doctor's office would ask a new patient, including address and phone number and my complaint, and within the hour I get a scam call from someone who obviously has access to it now.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have made several requests to Healthgrades to have a negative review removed from my profile as it provides private medical information about one of my patients. The review was provided by individual whom I never provided any services to. I have communicated this to Healthgrades on several occasions and my requests have been denied. What they are doing is illegal!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

1) List of providers in areas are out of date. 2) No way to reply to individuals without violating HIPAA. Example, man left negative review because he was sent to collections. This was not mentioned in his review. 3) No way to reply without violating HIPAA when someone is upset because they have been fired from the practice, again taking medications incorrectly, multiple no shows, etc. This info is not in review. 4) No way to contact individuals in order to try to reply to complaints.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I am a successful psychologist in my area and have seen many, many happy clients. However, one very mentally ill client left a horrible review, and it is the ONLY review on their site. Not only do I see this client's family and it violates HIPAA laws for me to respond and acknowledge that he is a client, I cannot ever break confidentiality, or state that a past client is lying as I swore to "do no harm." Seems very unfair that Healthgrades allows false statements to be left in their reviews without taking into consideration that my reputation is being ruined and I am LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY BOUND NOT TO RESPOND. HORRIBLE for my small business.

Also, certainly, I could ask my other very satisfied patients to log on to Healthgrades and give their reviews. It seems like I am forced to then also violate their confidentiality as they are stating that they have seen me and I have asked them to do so which is also unethical! For doctors, this site is incredibly unfair and unethical, as we truly cannot respond!! Please, don't use this site as it is not an accurate representation of any practitioners.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I am trying to read reviews of my plastic surgeon but only his good reviews are available to read despite the fact that there are several 1 star reviews! That is really concerning to me! I have surgery planned for November 28 of this year and really need to read all opinions and experiences. This is a major flaw and now I really don’t trust the site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Reviews not monitored. 0 effort is being made by HealthGrades to validate reviews. It is not possible to contact them either. They don't require any text typed to go with reviews, like this website does. It's a ** agency...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Found a Doctor using Healthgrades. Find a Doctor site. Called the Doctor's number as specified on Healthgrades' site to schedule an appointment. Turns out, this number wasn't the Doctor's office number. The service that answered my call took my personal information and then forwarded me to the Doctor's office. They didn't pass on any information to the Doctor's office. They added no value whatsoever and wasted my time.

The Doctor's office was totally unaware that I was forwarded by an intermediary service. They did not receive any information from the intermediary service. I had to reprovide the same information I gave the intermediary service. Some unknown service now has my personal information. I have no idea who they are. Healthgrades doesn't state on their site that the number given for the Doctor is not the Doctor's actual number. I checked the Doctor's office website, the number there isn't the same as the number at Healthgrades.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have prostate cancer. I had radiation treatment for it at the Methodist Hospital. I love Dr. ** who did an awesome job. After the new year started (2018) my insurance said I had to use the Cancer Center in Sugar Land, and could not go back to Dr. **. So I saw Dr Julia **. She did nothing for me. Nothing. What she wanted to do, now that my radiation treatment was over, and before checking if my PSA level was down, she wanted to have me get on the Hormone deprivation treatment. I said, "Tell me about it." She did not. Then she sends me a huge bill, basically for chatting with me.

I protested this bill but next I know she sent to collection. I don't think this is right. Look, for my prostate cancer treatment I paid thousands of dollars to cover my deductible before the insurance kicked in, so it this is not about the cost of her charge. This is about her ethics. She is willing to subjugate her ethics for a few dollars is reprehensible even if she was not an oncologist, where I feel an oncologist has a higher standard to meet since they deal with patients who are facing death. Shame on you Dr. **! Shame on you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

As a physician, locations that are incorrect need to be correctable and the website was not functioning. I was unable to respond to a consumer's complaint though it appeared on the website that that was a possibility had it been working properly. Then, going to the Contact Us portal, it was also non-functioning so I could not seek a remedy with the exception of a snail mail address that was provided and presumably that mailbox would be functional but rather useless in today's world.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

These reviews are totally slanderous. I notice that MDs who are affiliated with the local Ivy League teaching hospital all have ratings of 5 out of 5. Obviously someone is manipulating the data. All it takes is one or two low ratings to pull your average down significantly from 5/5. Outside docs tend to have ratings of 2-5 out of 5.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Doctor Brody ** is a very uncaring doctor, I have lung and breast cancer! Dr. Brody ** was not there for me when I needed her... She still hasn't called to see how my treatments are going and she isn't very ethical when it comes to my needing her!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

A patient asked me out on multiple dates and I declined. FYI I'm happily married and wear a wedding ring. She then found my email address and continued to ask me out on dates. I ignored these emails. She later threatened to post a negative review about me online. I saw that she has posted a horrible review on Healthgrades. How can I tell? Because of the details that she included in her review - I think that she wanted me to know that it was her punishing me. I explained the circumstances and requested that Healthgrades remove this review. They refused.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Worst excuse for rating site. They don't monitor anything and are not actively involved in the site. I've tried to communicate with them numerous times for help or various issues, no one ever responds. The site runs on auto-pilot and is subject to the same lies and dishonesty that Facebook and other sites had problems with. People can post indefinitely and not be truthful. I've gone to several doctors that were rated 5 stars and found that on every other site they have 1 or 2 stars. Don't use Healthgrades. It's a farce and not accurate or fairly managed.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I placed an honest review on Healthgrades, regarding a real life experience with Dr. William **, out of Lewes, Delaware. (I hate using the term doctor, when referencing him -- so I'm being nice right now). At any rate, ** conducted a lumbar fusion that failed. Instead of listening to his patient, he suggested arthritis and injections. Turns out, his fusion failed and I had a fracture. Needless to say, I had to have a revision surgery (under one year) with more implants - because I begin showing signs of scoliosis, because I was leaning to help compensate for all of the pain I was enduring.

I posted an HONEST review on Healthgrades (no profanity, nothing containing malice or revenge) -- warning people to DO THEIR HOMEWORK -- adding that the Delaware Judiciary was a plethora of information. Healthgrades removed my review because it did not meet community standards -- why? Because it was truthful and factual? Funny how they post ALL of those anonymous 5 Star Ratings (wonder who the authors are - seriously)... but when there's a real, honest review with a name attached -- it doesn't meet community standards. What an absolute joke.

Those that file malpractice lawsuits can't warn the public about their experiences, because they are silenced by the terms of the settlement -- so I encourage EVERYONE to check with the Board of Physicians, the local and/or State Judiciaries (FREE and ON-LINE) and/or find your physician by WORD OF MOUTH -- do not rely on Healthgrades or Vitals because they do not want to help the public - they are there for the interest of the doctors, healthcare facilities and other.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I went to Dr. Ruth with a Severe gout attack, I could not walk. Just a little history, I am a colon Cancer client. I have been having problems with Gout since 2008. I was seeing another Dr. that did not refer me for her services. I had to look her up in my network... The staff at Dr. Ruth office is Super nice, helpful and professional... When I was called back by this Wonderful lady Eva, but before her it was Kay That worked my insurance out so that I could see Dr. Ruth. I Highly recommend this rheumatologist. She's caring, concern and passionate, I only say all of this because I have visit many doctors because of my condition. And I truly would like to say Dr. Ruth ** please keep doing what you are doing, because you are making a different in your client's lives... By the way I can Walk without a cane!!! Dr. Ruth **, Rheumatologist Keep up the great Work.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have been trying to have Healthgrades.com remove a review that was slanderous and false. Not only will they not remove it - they will not allow me to comment below the erroneous review. I looked them up on consumer reviews and found several complaints against this company. False information is damaging and is wrong. How they get away with this is criminal. There may be case a for a class action suit against a company, they need to do the right thing.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I saw there was a false post on the Healthgrades site and attempted to contact them to remove the post. They sent me an email informing me that they are not going to remove the post. This is fraudulent and false and definitely, want it removed due to it is not me who posted.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I just spent 30 minutes trying to leave a review for my physician. I attempted to backspace. It would change letters or completely remove them. Terrible lag time. I was about to finish my review and it kicked me out and totally deleted my comment. How can they represent our physicians without the proper equipment that allows us to do what needs to be done. As 35 yr employee in healthcare I am very aware of how the reviews work and what they mean to the providers. Healthgrades need to provide the proper software for their reviews or quit asking patients to complete them.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I actually had a practitioner post a fake 5 star review of herself posing as me & using my name. I can only imagine that the rest of her positive reviews are fake as well. This is someone that I would never rate as “5 stars” (quite the opposite) and the fact that she actually went and created a faux profile (using my name) totally creeps me out. It’s nice to have a healthcare review forum for clients/patients but I very much question the validity of what gets posted. As for “my” review, I’ve requested that it be removed. We shall see...

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have had 30-5 star reviews on Healthgrades, and as result have received additional patients, which I appreciate. Approximately a month ago, one of my patients gave me a 5-star review with comments. There was a typo in his comments concerning me, he used the word "experience"; it came out in my review as "sexperience". He has tried numerous times to have Healthgrades correct the error. No response or correction. I have tried several times to do the same. No response or correction. Both of us followed the Healthgrades protocol. It appears that Healthgrades has a major customer relations problem. Now, I am concerned, if I should receive a negative review, would I have a chance to report my side.

Original review: March 2, 2018

They allow people who may or may not be patients to leave reviews. They do not respond to emails asking slanderous false statements to be removed. If a patient or reviewer states the truth although hurtful this OK. However, why must lies, untruths and slander be tolerated?

Healthgrades Company Information