Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (293 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Healthgrades

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Healthgrades Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Healthgrades.com removes real people's reviews to protect bad doctors! Reviews will magically disappear or re-appear and ratings will change on the fly mostly to favor doctors at the cost of patients, always at the cost of patients. That should tell you a lot about the reliability of Heathgrades.com's ratings and reviews.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

This company has no phone number to actually talk to someone. An account was made without my knowledge and/or authorization. I had several clients who claim they put reviews and did not show up. Does not appear to be a legitimate company.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Doctors now work in corporate entities, part of large medical organizations. They are expected to handle their patient visits quickly and efficiently. On the surface, Those are worthwhile goals. However, it results in greater pressure on the doctors. Healthgrades only adds to that pressure. The medical corporation uses those grades to pressure doctors. How much pressure depends on the ethical behavior of the corporation. Who puts pressure on Healthgrades? Who monitors them? In general, I believe in oversight but it has to be enlightened and not just profit oriented. I was going to say as much to Healthgrades but they don't provide any contacts.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I have seen many similar reviews as mine. I have posted mostly positive reviews of doctors. One negative one and they won't publish it. It was a completely accurate description of my experience. I am aware that the doctor himself/herself may not be so bad, but who is responsible for how the office is run? If the staff are unorganized, rude, miserable, unaccommodating, unsympathetic, doesn't that represent the entire practice? This site cannot be trusted. They were probably threatened with a lawsuit from a few doctors and now the truth can no longer be posted.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I was not even aware the site existed until a customer brought it up. This company collects your information and puts it out there to be judged by anyone anonymously. The Healthcare professional has no defense except to send out some generic response to whomever may or may not read it. Bad part is.. the damage is done. How do we know we ever treated this person or met them? The only person allowed the privilege of slandering another person is the reviewer. Very biased platform, unprofessional, and damaging to healthcare professional. And the site is to help people make informed decisions about provider? And guess what.. you have no control over them putting you on their site. I am not happy with this. I did call Healthgrades. Their response was, "‘Too bad’ we have this right". I want my name off their site. I’m considering slander under pretense of ‘helping’ who?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I am a physician who has received false negative reviews by people who have never been a patient of mine and despite notifying Healthgrades and offering proof, they refuse to remove them. Allowing fake reviews undermined their credibility and harms my reputation.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I write almost exclusively positive reviews. Excellence should be recognized. These get published and I am glad for these practitioners. That said, no righteously negative and equally informative review will ever see the light of day on Healthgrades. Just pandering to docs. Clearly I am not alone in this opinion. Maybe a not so bumpkin poor review will get at least to the doctor. Nobody performs well all the time. Sometimes fundamental policies need correcting. I will continue to participate in this service for the good docs. Guess the bad ones will just get away with it when it comes to Healthgrades. Just can't resist. To the so sensitive Doc. who accused us of being a bunch of dolts wielding a computer with a bad attitude in craven secret; get a handle on your hubris.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I do not trust Healthgrades anymore. They only accept my positive reviews not the negative. I wrote 2 reviews and they excepted the star review but not the written review. I have been wondering why there were so many reviews but not many written reviews, now I know why. In addition their lists for doctors are so out of date that 90 percent are no longer legit numbers or practices. NO, I won't use this site for anything anymore, I dont trust it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

As a practitioner who did not consent to be on this site, I agree with many on this forum that Healthgrades leaves practitioners vulnerable to personal vendettas from anyone who wants to conduct an anonymous smear campaign. For example; I have worked with many domestic violence victims and their children and have advocated on their behalf, which leaves me subject to reviews from their batterers. A review of this nature would hardly be representative of my skills or compassion when working with clients. The best referrals are gathered through word of mouth, not by anyone with a keyboard and a strong opinion.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

It is very easy to get a positive rating onto this site, not so much getting a negative rating published. They will sent you a notification saying you didn’t comply with their rules but not tell you why an obvious ploy to get you to drop the matter. What possible good is a site where you can post good reviews but not bad.

Healthgrades Company Information