3.4/5 (965 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Healthgrades

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Healthgrades Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: July 24, 2018

Doctor Brody ** is a very uncaring doctor, I have lung and breast cancer! Dr. Brody ** was not there for me when I needed her... She still hasn't called to see how my treatments are going and she isn't very ethical when it comes to my needing her!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

A patient asked me out on multiple dates and I declined. FYI I'm happily married and wear a wedding ring. She then found my email address and continued to ask me out on dates. I ignored these emails. She later threatened to post a negative review about me online. I saw that she has posted a horrible review on Healthgrades. How can I tell? Because of the details that she included in her review - I think that she wanted me to know that it was her punishing me. I explained the circumstances and requested that Healthgrades remove this review. They refused.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Worst excuse for rating site. They don't monitor anything and are not actively involved in the site. I've tried to communicate with them numerous times for help or various issues, no one ever responds. The site runs on auto-pilot and is subject to the same lies and dishonesty that Facebook and other sites had problems with. People can post indefinitely and not be truthful. I've gone to several doctors that were rated 5 stars and found that on every other site they have 1 or 2 stars. Don't use Healthgrades. It's a farce and not accurate or fairly managed.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I placed an honest review on Healthgrades, regarding a real life experience with Dr. William **, out of Lewes, Delaware. (I hate using the term doctor, when referencing him -- so I'm being nice right now). At any rate, ** conducted a lumbar fusion that failed. Instead of listening to his patient, he suggested arthritis and injections. Turns out, his fusion failed and I had a fracture. Needless to say, I had to have a revision surgery (under one year) with more implants - because I begin showing signs of scoliosis, because I was leaning to help compensate for all of the pain I was enduring.

I posted an HONEST review on Healthgrades (no profanity, nothing containing malice or revenge) -- warning people to DO THEIR HOMEWORK -- adding that the Delaware Judiciary was a plethora of information. Healthgrades removed my review because it did not meet community standards -- why? Because it was truthful and factual? Funny how they post ALL of those anonymous 5 Star Ratings (wonder who the authors are - seriously)... but when there's a real, honest review with a name attached -- it doesn't meet community standards. What an absolute joke.

Those that file malpractice lawsuits can't warn the public about their experiences, because they are silenced by the terms of the settlement -- so I encourage EVERYONE to check with the Board of Physicians, the local and/or State Judiciaries (FREE and ON-LINE) and/or find your physician by WORD OF MOUTH -- do not rely on Healthgrades or Vitals because they do not want to help the public - they are there for the interest of the doctors, healthcare facilities and other.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I went to Dr. Ruth with a Severe gout attack, I could not walk. Just a little history, I am a colon Cancer client. I have been having problems with Gout since 2008. I was seeing another Dr. that did not refer me for her services. I had to look her up in my network... The staff at Dr. Ruth office is Super nice, helpful and professional... When I was called back by this Wonderful lady Eva, but before her it was Kay That worked my insurance out so that I could see Dr. Ruth. I Highly recommend this rheumatologist. She's caring, concern and passionate, I only say all of this because I have visit many doctors because of my condition. And I truly would like to say Dr. Ruth ** please keep doing what you are doing, because you are making a different in your client's lives... By the way I can Walk without a cane!!! Dr. Ruth **, Rheumatologist Keep up the great Work.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have been trying to have Healthgrades.com remove a review that was slanderous and false. Not only will they not remove it - they will not allow me to comment below the erroneous review. I looked them up on consumer reviews and found several complaints against this company. False information is damaging and is wrong. How they get away with this is criminal. There may be case a for a class action suit against a company, they need to do the right thing.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I saw there was a false post on the Healthgrades site and attempted to contact them to remove the post. They sent me an email informing me that they are not going to remove the post. This is fraudulent and false and definitely, want it removed due to it is not me who posted.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I just spent 30 minutes trying to leave a review for my physician. I attempted to backspace. It would change letters or completely remove them. Terrible lag time. I was about to finish my review and it kicked me out and totally deleted my comment. How can they represent our physicians without the proper equipment that allows us to do what needs to be done. As 35 yr employee in healthcare I am very aware of how the reviews work and what they mean to the providers. Healthgrades need to provide the proper software for their reviews or quit asking patients to complete them.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I actually had a practitioner post a fake 5 star review of herself posing as me & using my name. I can only imagine that the rest of her positive reviews are fake as well. This is someone that I would never rate as “5 stars” (quite the opposite) and the fact that she actually went and created a faux profile (using my name) totally creeps me out. It’s nice to have a healthcare review forum for clients/patients but I very much question the validity of what gets posted. As for “my” review, I’ve requested that it be removed. We shall see...

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have had 30-5 star reviews on Healthgrades, and as result have received additional patients, which I appreciate. Approximately a month ago, one of my patients gave me a 5-star review with comments. There was a typo in his comments concerning me, he used the word "experience"; it came out in my review as "sexperience". He has tried numerous times to have Healthgrades correct the error. No response or correction. I have tried several times to do the same. No response or correction. Both of us followed the Healthgrades protocol. It appears that Healthgrades has a major customer relations problem. Now, I am concerned, if I should receive a negative review, would I have a chance to report my side.

Original review: March 2, 2018

They allow people who may or may not be patients to leave reviews. They do not respond to emails asking slanderous false statements to be removed. If a patient or reviewer states the truth although hurtful this OK. However, why must lies, untruths and slander be tolerated?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This site posts fraudulent reviews. All the reviews they posted about my business were inaccurate, and half were from people who were never seen by me. They never check and make sure info is accurate. I tried to contacted them numerous times, without result. After 2 years, they send me an email stating it is my fault I get the bad reviews. I know multiple other physicians who have exactly same issue like me, and never posted a review here due to lack of time. They should be hold accountable for ruining so many doctors reputations. Can an investigation be open about the way they conduct this website?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Healthgrades will make it seem like you are calling the doctor's office, but really you are calling Healthgrades and they will take down a lot of information about you before transferring you to the doctor's office. I did this and they took down my address and age and insurance and when I was transferred to the doctor's office I was told they don't have any availability. Avoid.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

A review about me was malicious but also could have easily been identified as bogus as I am an adult psychiatrist. The review claimed to be about a child. There was no way to immediately contact anyone. Also, studies indicate there is not a positive correlation between patient care and health grade scores. My sister, an attorney, (see review by Elizabeth in Venice) has also had such a hard time getting a positive review of her doctor (who had also been the victim of a bogus and libelous review) posted despite multiple attempts to submit the review and contacting Healthgrades. I was unaware of her experience and had the pleasant surprise of seeing her comments without any prior bias from her. In short, the site is Inaccurate and thus misleading. Although I was unhappy that I was misrepresented, I am far more concerned about patients being recklessly misled. First do no harm.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have now reviewed a VERY bad physician three times on Healthgrades without receiving an email to confirm. I in fact wrote the review and it has never been posted. Now my friend had the same experience with the same physician and apparently Healthgrades is withholding these bad reviews for some reason. You cannot trust a website that picks and chooses the reviews they print and give horrible doctors decent grades.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

When I questioned the validity of the one negative comment I got, and showed Healthgrades the background of it not being true, Healthgrades stuck to their policy and refused to take down the negative review. I asked to be removed from Healthgrades altogether, and they refused to do that also, saying that unless my NPI is canceled, they cannot do that. They are not easy to reach, not friendly and very unresponsive to dispute negative ratings.

When I looked into the matter, it was a case where the patient's father misbehaved with me (along the lines of what's happening in the news now!), and I dismissed the patient. Though I didn't tell the mother about it, she must have found out and decided to punish me for her husband's misbehavior. I explained to them that the excellent reputation I cultivated over many years is stained by this one negative comment, and asked them repeatedly to remove it. But, they did not, and stopped answering emails after the first one, where they refused. I would never recommend Healthgrades to anyone. I wish I saw THEIR 1.5 star rating before I signed up with them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

All Brite Dentistry - Most people do not look forward to going to the DENTIST!!! Dr ** is friendly competent a wonderful person who puts the patient at ease. I have heard her working with children, while I was in another of her waiting rooms, I was so impressed I will be bringing my grandchildren to her. She cares, is very careful in learning all information. I trust her and would highly recommend her to anyone. I am honestly glad to have met her and have her in my family's life.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I tried to submit a review on three separate occasions to no avail. There was NO email sent to verify and no phone number or contact information for an inquiry. Is this website a scam - I would expect more professionalism regarding clinician content/recommendation!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Three times tried to write a review about a merchant and three times was told that I would receive email verification for its posting and three times I did not. I assume that this means that the reviews on this site are fabricated as I, a real customer of a medical provider, could not post a legitimate review.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have been in practice as a psychologist for 25 years. (Ann **, Ph.D. in McKinney, TX). I have never had a negative review posted on any site until your anonymous posting about me dated June of 2017. The reviewer mentions Manassas, Virginia. I have never seen or known anyone from Virginia. I have been experiencing a legal issue with an unstable individual (not a patient) who is being investigated for harassment and threats on my life. I suspect this 'review' is connected to that individual.

This is a personal legal issue of which Health Grades has now become involved. I seriously doubt that doing more damage to an individual already being targeted by an unstable individual is the intent of Health Grades. However that is now the situation. My attorney will be investigating Health Grades. How this organization can post unfounded and unproven degrading comments about a professional is unbelievable. Professional reputations are built over a lifetime and some unethical website with no standards or business ethics destroys everything they have worked years to build.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Heathgrades on this site I don't know how many times nothing was accomplished. All they do is give you a list of doctors you already know about so I don't know why they're in business. They have no business ethics at all. You post something and all of a sudden you go back in and it's changed. Most likely on doctors and their facilities. I don't know who is behind this site or business. The people post and because to complain. Shouldn't it be investigated? That's the reason for sites like this. I think people need to be heard and not looked over so I will not use this site again. It does absolutely nothing.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I currently have a 3.9 star rating. So, you might say, why am I complaining? That's because I have two very negative reviews, one of which was recently mentioned to me by an attorney as the reason he was reluctant to refer a client to me. This leads me the following: I have no idea who these so called reviews come from. Healthgrades also has no idea where these reviews come from. Any person in the world can claim they are a patient of mine and say anything they want. There is no verification process! Due to HIPAA regulations, I couldn't even actually respond if I did know who these people who wrote the negative reviews are. I have only been able to make a broad generic response, but the damage is already done with the negative review.

I do a lot of FORENSIC work. Therefore, many people I evaluate may not even want to come but they are court ordered, referred by employers, worker's comp cases, on forced leave from work for behavioral issues, etc. Believe me, not everyone is going to be happy with my conclusions. For example, if I do a clinically excellent report that recommends a person is not suitable for probation, that person can write a negative review on Healthgrades, even if my report was sound and defensible!!! Healthgrades has a question on the survey asking consumers if the provider is accessible for emergencies. I'm NOT accessible for emergencies, it's not part of the services I provide so that question isn't applicable but I can be downgraded for it.

Clinical work is complex, and despite educating our patients as best we can, they don't always fully understand what we've told them. Or, they may not like the truth that the diagnostic evidence indicates. This could be because of many reasons, especially if mental health is a factor. But hey, they can go on Healthgrades, hide behind a wall and take shots at my reputation!

As clinicians, we're not celebrities or politicians who by the nature of our work are in the public domain. We have a right to privacy being infringed by Healthgrades. We should ban together and hire lawyers to restrict these anonymous attacks on our professional reputations. We've spend a lot of time and money investing in our careers to make a living and serve the public and then these people come along and just allow unsubstantiated comments/complaints about our services. Let's lawyer up !!!!!

Original review: May 25, 2017

This is the worst website ever, they do allow people to place reviews online without verifying the information if accurate or not. I called them to dispute an inaccurate review placed by an unhappy patient, which was discharged from our practice for non payment and bad behavior, they would not even talk to me, could not verify the patient review, nor they had a proof it is accurate. Same happened to my other colleagues and is hard to understand how this company is still in business. They should be taken to court for destroying physicians' businesses and posting lies on their website, without verifying the information, or having a proof is accurate.

Original review: May 21, 2017

How is this website even legal? Promoting defamation and one of the most unethical and biased ways in reviewing a physician. Patients I haven't seen making a complaint. How is this website allowed to gather personal information such as listing a physician's age. A class action lawsuit needs to be started to put an end to such illegal activity.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I am an Occupational Therapist who doesn't own a practice anywhere. Somehow this awful place got ahold of an NPI that was given to me by a contract company over 10 yrs ago (2005). Since then I don't have an NPI anymore. Now, my name comes to the top of Google search with bad reviews for people I have never seen (probably a disgruntled boyfriend). Healthgrades refuses to remove my name, address, ph no. What a terrible rotten service. Follow the money, this organization is probably run by George Soros or some other evil philanthropist.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Healthgrades is a completely unethical and biased website. I don't understand what they get from it but for some reason they only published a horrible comment about my physician and when I read the comment, I added my own complimentary comment which was NOT published. I wrote to them and a person by the name of Armando wrote back to say that they WERE properly recorded! I kept checking and they were NEVER published! That was October 2016 and to this day, my comment has not appeared.

I used this physician for the seven years that I lived in the area and he was nothing but competent and caring. He diagnosed and treated my COPD. He always took the time to explain any question I had... and yet, one person was allowed to come on this site and completely bash his with no rebuttal whatsoever allowed.

An investigation needs to be conducted into the practices of Healthgrades! Something stinks to high heaven here!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have been going to Dr. ** for a few years now. I believe he shows much concern for his patients. He will explain fully and shows compassion for his patients. I will continue with his service and believe he will strive to find the solution to my and any other patients problems.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Healthgrades' Board justifies their data capture policy by stating that providers' information is openly populated on the net. That part is true. Evidently, in their view, this gives them free license to vacuum up providers' names and create a site that makes money from our intellectual property from a variety of revenue streams. Great business strategy, horrible ethics. What their policy can never justify is their strategy of coupling a data sweep with unvetted customer reviews.

As far as I know, Healthgrades is the only healthcare site that 1) amalgamates providers' data without offering an opt in or opt out; AND, this is the key point, allows anyone - even non-patients - to write a review with no filter! Their excuses not to be able to vet reviews ring false. Amazon, for example, has a system for unhappy customers to seek mediation with the seller until the complaint is resolved. The negative review then can be expunged. So, there are ways to manage negative reviews to everyone's satisfaction. The only justification must be their bottom line -- the cost for staff to manage these instances.

The unintended consequences for providers are numerous. Two examples: 1) If a patient has not paid a bill in a timely fashion and then the provider informs the patient his account may go to collections, the patient can then post a scurrilous review to justify non-payment; as a result, the provider risks further retaliatory negative reviews from the patient's friends if he/she does go to collections or small claims court. This is terribly frustrating and unfair, especially if one is a sole practitioner. Healthgrades platform not only affects providers' reputations but also their income! 2) While Healthgrades site now offers providers a response option for negative reviews, there is a double-edged sword to be considered. Personally, I am not comfortable with this option as, first, it could come across as defensive, and secondly, a response could also result in retaliation. It's better just to ignore the review. Easier said than done.

I've being mulling writing this review for months. Being human, an unfair hit on your integrity is hard to swallow. Healthgrades clearly doesn't understand -- or perhaps, care -- about this impact on providers. Our hands are effectively tied. Healthgrades Board: Speaking on behalf of all healthcare providers, we care deeply about a dedicated quality of care for our patients. The code we daily do our best to live by is "do no harm." We are not restaurants or movies that can be rated 1 - 5 stars. Your open platform diminishes our work and harms us professionally and personally. Please reconsider your policies.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I left a positive review for my original doctor who has retired and I left a negative review for the doctor that replaced him. My positive review was never uploaded and my negative review was changed to a 3 star review.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Healthgrades is dishonest and unfair. We never signed up and now receive negative reviews from people who are NOT our patients and we have no way of responding. We called the customer service line and they said they could not take these bogus reviews done. Also, this website allows disgruntled patients to write whatever they want, even if it's untrue without being challenged, which reflects negatively to my practice. I pay for my own service, Demand Force which allows us to always address any negative thoughts or comments. I don't want my practice listed on this website, it's unfair and dishonest. The reviews are bogus and many are not true. Please address this issue. I am not the only doctor that feels this way.

Healthgrades Company Information