3.72/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Healthgrades

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Healthgrades Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Healthgrades is a horrible website for Doctors. It is not monitored, reviewed, or given the opportunity to get the entire story from the Provider side of the reviews. Healthgrades allows people that are not even a patient from a provider's office, leave a negative review out of despite of that person. It also allows people to leave a review with information that is against HIPPA laws and full of false facts and statements that are lies. When you try and dispute the review, they say it is not against their policy. This website should be taken down because it is only destroying small practices that are doing the right thing ethically, medically, and treating all patients fair and with respect. They need to be sued.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Shortly after using Healthgrades to contact a physician I received a phone call from a woman telling me she was with Medicare and that since I was having issues with hip pain I was eligible for a new benefit "at no personal cost to you." I hung up and contacted Medicare who told me they don't make calls like that and hanging up was probably a good idea. I find it disturbing that Healthgrades provides a phone number in a box that says "Make an appointment" and answer it like they are the doctor's office, asking for the kind of personal information that a real doctor's office would ask a new patient, including address and phone number and my complaint, and within the hour I get a scam call from someone who obviously has access to it now.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have made several requests to Healthgrades to have a negative review removed from my profile as it provides private medical information about one of my patients. The review was provided by individual whom I never provided any services to. I have communicated this to Healthgrades on several occasions and my requests have been denied. What they are doing is illegal!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

1) List of providers in areas are out of date. 2) No way to reply to individuals without violating HIPAA. Example, man left negative review because he was sent to collections. This was not mentioned in his review. 3) No way to reply without violating HIPAA when someone is upset because they have been fired from the practice, again taking medications incorrectly, multiple no shows, etc. This info is not in review. 4) No way to contact individuals in order to try to reply to complaints.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I am a successful psychologist in my area and have seen many, many happy clients. However, one very mentally ill client left a horrible review, and it is the ONLY review on their site. Not only do I see this client's family and it violates HIPAA laws for me to respond and acknowledge that he is a client, I cannot ever break confidentiality, or state that a past client is lying as I swore to "do no harm." Seems very unfair that Healthgrades allows false statements to be left in their reviews without taking into consideration that my reputation is being ruined and I am LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY BOUND NOT TO RESPOND. HORRIBLE for my small business.

Also, certainly, I could ask my other very satisfied patients to log on to Healthgrades and give their reviews. It seems like I am forced to then also violate their confidentiality as they are stating that they have seen me and I have asked them to do so which is also unethical! For doctors, this site is incredibly unfair and unethical, as we truly cannot respond!! Please, don't use this site as it is not an accurate representation of any practitioners.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I am trying to read reviews of my plastic surgeon but only his good reviews are available to read despite the fact that there are several 1 star reviews! That is really concerning to me! I have surgery planned for November 28 of this year and really need to read all opinions and experiences. This is a major flaw and now I really don’t trust the site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Reviews not monitored. 0 effort is being made by HealthGrades to validate reviews. It is not possible to contact them either. They don't require any text typed to go with reviews, like this website does. It's a ** agency...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Found a Doctor using Healthgrades. Find a Doctor site. Called the Doctor's number as specified on Healthgrades' site to schedule an appointment. Turns out, this number wasn't the Doctor's office number. The service that answered my call took my personal information and then forwarded me to the Doctor's office. They didn't pass on any information to the Doctor's office. They added no value whatsoever and wasted my time.

The Doctor's office was totally unaware that I was forwarded by an intermediary service. They did not receive any information from the intermediary service. I had to reprovide the same information I gave the intermediary service. Some unknown service now has my personal information. I have no idea who they are. Healthgrades doesn't state on their site that the number given for the Doctor is not the Doctor's actual number. I checked the Doctor's office website, the number there isn't the same as the number at Healthgrades.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have prostate cancer. I had radiation treatment for it at the Methodist Hospital. I love Dr. ** who did an awesome job. After the new year started (2018) my insurance said I had to use the Cancer Center in Sugar Land, and could not go back to Dr. **. So I saw Dr Julia **. She did nothing for me. Nothing. What she wanted to do, now that my radiation treatment was over, and before checking if my PSA level was down, she wanted to have me get on the Hormone deprivation treatment. I said, "Tell me about it." She did not. Then she sends me a huge bill, basically for chatting with me.

I protested this bill but next I know she sent to collection. I don't think this is right. Look, for my prostate cancer treatment I paid thousands of dollars to cover my deductible before the insurance kicked in, so it this is not about the cost of her charge. This is about her ethics. She is willing to subjugate her ethics for a few dollars is reprehensible even if she was not an oncologist, where I feel an oncologist has a higher standard to meet since they deal with patients who are facing death. Shame on you Dr. **! Shame on you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

As a physician, locations that are incorrect need to be correctable and the website was not functioning. I was unable to respond to a consumer's complaint though it appeared on the website that that was a possibility had it been working properly. Then, going to the Contact Us portal, it was also non-functioning so I could not seek a remedy with the exception of a snail mail address that was provided and presumably that mailbox would be functional but rather useless in today's world.

Healthgrades Company Information