3.4/5 (965 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Healthgrades

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Healthgrades Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

As a practitioner who did not consent to be on this site, I agree with many on this forum that Healthgrades leaves practitioners vulnerable to personal vendettas from anyone who wants to conduct an anonymous smear campaign. For example; I have worked with many domestic violence victims and their children and have advocated on their behalf, which leaves me subject to reviews from their batterers. A review of this nature would hardly be representative of my skills or compassion when working with clients. The best referrals are gathered through word of mouth, not by anyone with a keyboard and a strong opinion.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

It is very easy to get a positive rating onto this site, not so much getting a negative rating published. They will sent you a notification saying you didn’t comply with their rules but not tell you why an obvious ploy to get you to drop the matter. What possible good is a site where you can post good reviews but not bad.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Healthgrades obviously cares nothing about service, as I see NO WAY to post a review of Mission Hospital. Very shady looking site. I signed up, logged on and see no way to post a review of an acute care facility. This is completely unacceptable. Ridiculous in the extreme. Healthgrades gets an "F".

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I left reviews of two physicians on Healthgrades. One was a very positive review, the other a negative review. I received a confirmation email that my reviews were approved and would appear within 24 to 48 hours. It has been two weeks and they still have not appeared. I tried to contact Healthgrades via email and have not received any kind of response. I am very disappointed in this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Recently, one individual left 2 vicious and personal reviews of me on Healthgrades on the same day. From the wording, I strongly suspect the writer is the severely disturbed relative of a long time patient of mine. The reviewer came to my office once 1 1/2 years ago, loudly ridiculed patients waiting to see another physician and screamed at and threatened my staff and me for reasons only known to him. My patient (his relative) and I tried to calm him, to no avail.

Until yesterday, I hadn't checked these review sites since last year. I found a libelous post from him using his real name on another site, posted 9 months ago. I also found the 2 vicious reviews written on Healthgrades in July 2019 on the same day by the same anonymous poster. From the wording, I strongly suspect it was him. I think this was provoked by his inadvertently finding out that I had just retired.

I flagged the 2 Healthgrades posts yesterday and today received an email that the posts did NOT violate their guidelines and would remain on their site. This is very disappointing. I am looking into how I can remove myself completely from the Healthgrades site. Healthgrades allows relatives and friends of patients to post. Some other sites only allow patients to post.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Extremely bad company. Have had fake reviews posted that they will not remove despite multiple requests. Looking into a lawyer to file a multimillion dollar class action to ensure this nonsense website shuts down.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Healthgrades posted a 1-star negative review from a non-patient (someone who called the office inquiring about narcotics and was declined to be seen at our clinic). They gave 1-stars across multiple parameters without ever stepping foot inside the clinic or seeing anyone on our staff. Healthgrades refused to remove this obviously out of character fake review.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

An anonymous person left a Healthgrades claiming that as a physician we broke their daughter's neck. First and foremost that has never happened, second we are not doing adjustments, third we have never had a description of the patient that it was left about. We contacted Healthgrades as this was another physician that left it, wording etc it was the physician I had previously worked for and left who said they were going to leave reviews everywhere. We have went through this same process with Yelp, Google etc and are now perusing legal litigation against this person. Healthgrades deemed they cannot remove it so fake people can leave reviews but actual positive reviews do not get posted. Defamatory libel statements from patients that do not exists ruin the reputation of hard working physicians.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I'm a physician and almost all my Healthgrades reviews are negative, and some of the seem to be written by the same person. All are anonymous. Question for Healthgrades, how can my Healthgrades reviews be so poor, but my institutions internal Press Ganey are mostly 5 star? Something is fishy.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Reviews from top-rated MD posted on page of diff MD from another city. There are two MDs with the same name who both appear to be orthopedic surgeons. They practice in two distant states (the one with the 5-star reviews is in Illinois and the one with no reviews of his own is in Pennsylvania). They appear to be both named Venkat **. Whether the problem was caused by the unrated doctor submitting the good doctor's reviews as his own, or a disastrously flawed Healthgrades website system is unknown, but even if the unrated doctor entered the false info himself, a functional system should have flagged it and taked action when all the reviews for a Pittsburgh practitioner came from Floss, IL. I don't suggest anyone trust info from Healthgrades. I am reporting this to the newspaper "USA Today" in hopes that they will expose the shabby practices of this rating group.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I am a physician who has been in practice for 20 years. I recently reviewed my ratings and reviews on Healthgrades, which allows anyone who claims to be a patient leave a review for me despite me never agreeing to be part of this site. There were personally disparaging and very similar comments left by, supposedly, independent reviewers. Half of the reviews left in the previous 6 months indicate in the review that the author is not actually the patient (one is a parent, one a husband of a patient, and one the daughter of the patient). I challenged the three reviews that were meant to be personally insulting; one was removed by Healthgrades.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Doctors just pay this site to write what they want and delete what they want. Very dangerous to people putting their life in someone’s hands. I was very manipulated thinking I was in good hands and my health was completely destroyed. These sites should be exposed for what they truly are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I tried three times to submit a request to Healthgrades through their "Contact Us" online form that a patient review be removed from my profile not because it is critical but because it is inappropriate and inaccurate. It was not written by my (adult) patient but by his mother to whom he had not given consent to release his medical information or participate in his treatment; her statements about the costs of my services are untrue; and she made baseless defamatory accusations that I harmed her son and am dangerous. I have received no response from Healthgrades. It does not serve the public interest to have invalid reviews on a physician review site, nor does it protect the personal integrity and business reputations of competent physicians who have been unfairly victimized.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I submitted reviews of physicians that I had excellent experiences during visits, and doctors who are medical bullies. Healthgrades only displays the good reviews of doctors, and the only negative reviews were about support staff experiences. Very misleading.

Original review: April 28, 2019

An oral surgeon in my community is in jail for sexually abusing numerous patients over a period of several years, including minors. His license has been revoked and he is no longer practicing. I informed the Healthgrades website of this, telling them they needed to update his page. They did nothing. It is still showing him as having no disciplinary action taken against him, ever, and it shows him still in practice. This is a huge slap in the face of the people he has abused and it misrepresents the current situation regarding this oral surgeon.

Original review: April 16, 2019

If you compare doctor or hospital ratings, but especially individual providers, Healthgrades always shows the lowest rating, why? They combine office staff, billing, etc in the ratings to rate the provider, even if the provider had a high individual rating. Healthgrades is VERY inaccurate and should not be used as a tool to rate a healthcare provider as an individual. Even when this was pointed out to them they referred to their policy and did not evaluate the whole picture, not a good rating website!

Original review: April 6, 2019

How can a company be allowed to exist, when it doesn't protect small businesses? Not only that, but those of us who are out there helping and are vulnerable to those with mental illness (and their misdirected anger) fall prey to drunken words and negative reviews. What about when it's not a client, but a boyfriend, or girlfriend, husband, wife, son, daughter of someone who is in therapy, and he or she doesn't want to look at the abuse inflicted...?

Healthgrades sucks. They don't care. They feed off helping perpetrators. They make it very difficult for professionals to protect those who need protecting. There is no recourse for those who stand up with victims against angry perpetrators. As usual, the system is broken. Bravo Healthgrades. Karma is a **. And one day, it will take you down. I'll be watching, and smiling when it does.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I cannot remove my age from my profile. Who wants to know how old their doctor is anyway? I mean come on- I am a woman and appreciate my privacy in this respect. This website is patient friendly, oh yes, a place to air grievances but in turn, I have no way of responding or addressing any slander the patient wishes to write against me. How do I give this website ZERO stars?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Healthgrades is not just a review site. This is a front for selling their marketing and advertising services, services that go outside Healthgrades. Their website will ask if you are a third party and encourage you to fill out information about the client, so you believe they are going to help you. After a day, they send an email that says this, "Healthgrades does not permit 3rd party firms to represent or manage providers, group practices, hospitals or healthcare systems with Healthgrades. Please ask your client to contact Healthgrades directly." Ad agencies and consultants would be wise not to send them client info. ZocDoc and WebMD are much more legitimate than this marketing company posing as a review site.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Healthgrades is a horrible website for Doctors. It is not monitored, reviewed, or given the opportunity to get the entire story from the Provider side of the reviews. Healthgrades allows people that are not even a patient from a provider's office, leave a negative review out of despite of that person. It also allows people to leave a review with information that is against HIPPA laws and full of false facts and statements that are lies. When you try and dispute the review, they say it is not against their policy. This website should be taken down because it is only destroying small practices that are doing the right thing ethically, medically, and treating all patients fair and with respect. They need to be sued.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Shortly after using Healthgrades to contact a physician I received a phone call from a woman telling me she was with Medicare and that since I was having issues with hip pain I was eligible for a new benefit "at no personal cost to you." I hung up and contacted Medicare who told me they don't make calls like that and hanging up was probably a good idea. I find it disturbing that Healthgrades provides a phone number in a box that says "Make an appointment" and answer it like they are the doctor's office, asking for the kind of personal information that a real doctor's office would ask a new patient, including address and phone number and my complaint, and within the hour I get a scam call from someone who obviously has access to it now.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have made several requests to Healthgrades to have a negative review removed from my profile as it provides private medical information about one of my patients. The review was provided by individual whom I never provided any services to. I have communicated this to Healthgrades on several occasions and my requests have been denied. What they are doing is illegal!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

1) List of providers in areas are out of date. 2) No way to reply to individuals without violating HIPAA. Example, man left negative review because he was sent to collections. This was not mentioned in his review. 3) No way to reply without violating HIPAA when someone is upset because they have been fired from the practice, again taking medications incorrectly, multiple no shows, etc. This info is not in review. 4) No way to contact individuals in order to try to reply to complaints.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I am a successful psychologist in my area and have seen many, many happy clients. However, one very mentally ill client left a horrible review, and it is the ONLY review on their site. Not only do I see this client's family and it violates HIPAA laws for me to respond and acknowledge that he is a client, I cannot ever break confidentiality, or state that a past client is lying as I swore to "do no harm." Seems very unfair that Healthgrades allows false statements to be left in their reviews without taking into consideration that my reputation is being ruined and I am LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY BOUND NOT TO RESPOND. HORRIBLE for my small business.

Also, certainly, I could ask my other very satisfied patients to log on to Healthgrades and give their reviews. It seems like I am forced to then also violate their confidentiality as they are stating that they have seen me and I have asked them to do so which is also unethical! For doctors, this site is incredibly unfair and unethical, as we truly cannot respond!! Please, don't use this site as it is not an accurate representation of any practitioners.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I am trying to read reviews of my plastic surgeon but only his good reviews are available to read despite the fact that there are several 1 star reviews! That is really concerning to me! I have surgery planned for November 28 of this year and really need to read all opinions and experiences. This is a major flaw and now I really don’t trust the site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Reviews not monitored. 0 effort is being made by HealthGrades to validate reviews. It is not possible to contact them either. They don't require any text typed to go with reviews, like this website does. It's a ** agency...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Found a Doctor using Healthgrades. Find a Doctor site. Called the Doctor's number as specified on Healthgrades' site to schedule an appointment. Turns out, this number wasn't the Doctor's office number. The service that answered my call took my personal information and then forwarded me to the Doctor's office. They didn't pass on any information to the Doctor's office. They added no value whatsoever and wasted my time.

The Doctor's office was totally unaware that I was forwarded by an intermediary service. They did not receive any information from the intermediary service. I had to reprovide the same information I gave the intermediary service. Some unknown service now has my personal information. I have no idea who they are. Healthgrades doesn't state on their site that the number given for the Doctor is not the Doctor's actual number. I checked the Doctor's office website, the number there isn't the same as the number at Healthgrades.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have prostate cancer. I had radiation treatment for it at the Methodist Hospital. I love Dr. ** who did an awesome job. After the new year started (2018) my insurance said I had to use the Cancer Center in Sugar Land, and could not go back to Dr. **. So I saw Dr Julia **. She did nothing for me. Nothing. What she wanted to do, now that my radiation treatment was over, and before checking if my PSA level was down, she wanted to have me get on the Hormone deprivation treatment. I said, "Tell me about it." She did not. Then she sends me a huge bill, basically for chatting with me.

I protested this bill but next I know she sent to collection. I don't think this is right. Look, for my prostate cancer treatment I paid thousands of dollars to cover my deductible before the insurance kicked in, so it this is not about the cost of her charge. This is about her ethics. She is willing to subjugate her ethics for a few dollars is reprehensible even if she was not an oncologist, where I feel an oncologist has a higher standard to meet since they deal with patients who are facing death. Shame on you Dr. **! Shame on you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

As a physician, locations that are incorrect need to be correctable and the website was not functioning. I was unable to respond to a consumer's complaint though it appeared on the website that that was a possibility had it been working properly. Then, going to the Contact Us portal, it was also non-functioning so I could not seek a remedy with the exception of a snail mail address that was provided and presumably that mailbox would be functional but rather useless in today's world.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

These reviews are totally slanderous. I notice that MDs who are affiliated with the local Ivy League teaching hospital all have ratings of 5 out of 5. Obviously someone is manipulating the data. All it takes is one or two low ratings to pull your average down significantly from 5/5. Outside docs tend to have ratings of 2-5 out of 5.

Healthgrades Company Information