2.89/5

259 Healthgrades Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have made several requests to Healthgrades to have a negative review removed from my profile as it provides private medical information about one of my patients. The review was provided by individual whom I never provided any services to. I have communicated this to Healthgrades on several occasions and my requests have been denied. What they are doing is illegal!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

1) List of providers in areas are out of date. 2) No way to reply to individuals without violating HIPAA. Example, man left negative review because he was sent to collections. This was not mentioned in his review. 3) No way to reply without violating HIPAA when someone is upset because they have been fired from the practice, again taking medications incorrectly, multiple no shows, etc. This info is not in review. 4) No way to contact individuals in order to try to reply to complaints.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I am a successful psychologist in my area and have seen many, many happy clients. However, one very mentally ill client left a horrible review, and it is the ONLY review on their site. Not only do I see this client's family and it violates HIPAA laws for me to respond and acknowledge that he is a client, I cannot ever break confidentiality, or state that a past client is lying as I swore to "do no harm." Seems very unfair that Healthgrades allows false statements to be left in their reviews without taking into consideration that my reputation is being ruined and I am LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY BOUND NOT TO RESPOND. HORRIBLE for my small business.

Also, certainly, I could ask my other very satisfied patients to log on to Healthgrades and give their reviews. It seems like I am forced to then also violate their confidentiality as they are stating that they have seen me and I have asked them to do so which is also unethical! For doctors, this site is incredibly unfair and unethical, as we truly cannot respond!! Please, don't use this site as it is not an accurate representation of any practitioners.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I am trying to read reviews of my plastic surgeon but only his good reviews are available to read despite the fact that there are several 1 star reviews! That is really concerning to me! I have surgery planned for November 28 of this year and really need to read all opinions and experiences. This is a major flaw and now I really don’t trust the site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Reviews not monitored. 0 effort is being made by HealthGrades to validate reviews. It is not possible to contact them either. They don't require any text typed to go with reviews, like this website does. It's a ** agency...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthgrades?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Found a Doctor using Healthgrades. Find a Doctor site. Called the Doctor's number as specified on Healthgrades' site to schedule an appointment. Turns out, this number wasn't the Doctor's office number. The service that answered my call took my personal information and then forwarded me to the Doctor's office. They didn't pass on any information to the Doctor's office. They added no value whatsoever and wasted my time.

The Doctor's office was totally unaware that I was forwarded by an intermediary service. They did not receive any information from the intermediary service. I had to reprovide the same information I gave the intermediary service. Some unknown service now has my personal information. I have no idea who they are. Healthgrades doesn't state on their site that the number given for the Doctor is not the Doctor's actual number. I checked the Doctor's office website, the number there isn't the same as the number at Healthgrades.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have prostate cancer. I had radiation treatment for it at the Methodist Hospital. I love Dr. ** who did an awesome job. After the new year started (2018) my insurance said I had to use the Cancer Center in Sugar Land, and could not go back to Dr. **. So I saw Dr Julia **. She did nothing for me. Nothing. What she wanted to do, now that my radiation treatment was over, and before checking if my PSA level was down, she wanted to have me get on the Hormone deprivation treatment. I said, "Tell me about it." She did not. Then she sends me a huge bill, basically for chatting with me.

I protested this bill but next I know she sent to collection. I don't think this is right. Look, for my prostate cancer treatment I paid thousands of dollars to cover my deductible before the insurance kicked in, so it this is not about the cost of her charge. This is about her ethics. She is willing to subjugate her ethics for a few dollars is reprehensible even if she was not an oncologist, where I feel an oncologist has a higher standard to meet since they deal with patients who are facing death. Shame on you Dr. **! Shame on you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

As a physician, locations that are incorrect need to be correctable and the website was not functioning. I was unable to respond to a consumer's complaint though it appeared on the website that that was a possibility had it been working properly. Then, going to the Contact Us portal, it was also non-functioning so I could not seek a remedy with the exception of a snail mail address that was provided and presumably that mailbox would be functional but rather useless in today's world.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

These reviews are totally slanderous. I notice that MDs who are affiliated with the local Ivy League teaching hospital all have ratings of 5 out of 5. Obviously someone is manipulating the data. All it takes is one or two low ratings to pull your average down significantly from 5/5. Outside docs tend to have ratings of 2-5 out of 5.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Doctor Brody ** is a very uncaring doctor, I have lung and breast cancer! Dr. Brody ** was not there for me when I needed her... She still hasn't called to see how my treatments are going and she isn't very ethical when it comes to my needing her!!!

Healthgrades Company Information