2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

GainSaver.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

My previous experience with Gainsaver was a positive one. I kept that computer for 6 years. However, I feel burned this time around. I purchased a 27" iMac but had to return it within 30 days because of intermittent shutdowns. Before I returned the computer, I took it to the Apple Store who reported that it had been serviced several times in the past for the same problem, including replacing the motherboard and the case. In fact, it shut down at the Apple Store. So I spent $82 to repackage and return it to Gainsaver. I was due $795.18 but was only refunded $759.00 for the computer that I returned within 30 days. That's >$121 lost. I have asked to be refunded at least the charge for freight ($39.18) since it's clearly a Gainsaver issue, but no word yet. Interestingly enough, I was about to place an order for a replacement computer when I received the reduced refund.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I have ordered several Apple Mac Book Pros from this company. One computer need no operate correctly - I called them and sent it back - they sent me another computer that worked great. No problem with the other computers I have ordered from them. Just ordered another Mac Book Pro today and will write a review on it soon.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I paid over 2,500$ for a refurbished MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2015) through a distributor that sold this business' used products. Had I seen the reviews beforehand, I would have stayed hundred miles away from them... 5 months after the purchase, the SSD drive failed permanently. Replacing the drive would cost 1300$. As for retrieving the data, I received a quote for nearly 3000$. I've lodged a complaint to the business, and have not received any news from them. The business has a record of dishonesty and not fulfilling their end of the warranty if you read the reviews.

This is the most costly mistake I have ever made, and represents the death nail of my Apple experience. On one hand, I should have purchased a brand new laptop. On the other, I simply cannot spare 4000$ on a new one. Now, repairing the situation will cost me even more than that. Those prices are non-sensical compared to the other products on the market. All my friends are awe-struck when I tell them the ridiculous expenses connected to "the Apple experience". My advice: don't mess around, buy a new laptop, or prepare to play a very risky game. And if you do, do NOT, under any circumstances, buy anything from this business.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I tried purchasing two Mac G5s from these people. They were advertised as working fine. The first one did not power on. When I opened the door I was astonished to see dust everywhere and a broken looking hard drive. It could not boot up. I called Gainsaver and told them I wanted to return it. They let me return this damaged piece of crap and I had to pay extra to get a slightly better model. The guy on the phone acted bored and was most unhelpful, even a bit hostile like he was doing me a great favor to let me exchange this piece of defective equipment!

The second G5 that came was in EVEN WORSE condition! I am pretty skilled with Macs, having had used them since the mid-80s. This machine would not power up. I even had spare hard drives but the internal machinery was busted. How they could sell broken equipment yet advertising it as something works is beyond me. They should be investigated and put out of business. I had a much better experience with the honest folk at PowerMax and MacSales.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased an iMac from GainSaver - and a 2 Yr warranty. The warranty provides that I can send it back for a replacement. However, based upon the reviews, I am holding my breath waiting to see what I am going to experience with this company which sounds to be full of low lives. This iMac, that I purchased from GainSaver, I am now learning (from looking online) is one of many models in the market that have a "random shut down issue'. Apple cannot find the problem according to everything I have read online.

Today, I read the reviews on GainSaver for the first time. Had I read them before the purchase there is no way I would have done business with them. Prior to reading the reviews today I have been wondering how many times they have sold this computer? There is no way that they did not know that the computer had issues (as it turns out it is common with this model). They had to have purposely sent a defective computer knowing it would be returned. So I hope this is not the beginning of a nightmare. I will document everything and plan to see a lawyer if things go poorly and determine if there is recourse through suing the company.

BTW - the so called two year warranty that I have allows for TWO replacements (three computers total) after that the warranty is done. This means that it is not really a two year warranty. This means that if they are not an honest company (and so far by all appearances they are not honest people) they take money for the warranty on top of the price of the computer and resell the same damaged products over and over again to different people. STEER CLEAR OF THESE PEOPLE - Bad News.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GainSaver.com?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I've debated many times years before from buying from this company. Then I decided to give them a try. I looked at purchasing a decent running Mac Pro to run some animation software from. So I picked a reasonable cheaper model to see how well dealing with this company would be. The price was $487 with some minor upgrades I went up to $554. So I decided on using financial institute Affirm. So order was placed and 20min later I saw my order was cancelled and I was given the option of another model 'cause the one I original choose was out or item not working. So they wanted me to buy one now the cost $925 and give me a discount on shipping. So I decided to wait a week to see if they might have the cheaper model back in. Which they did on their site and I did I bought it again.

Once again they tried to get me a higher price model for $925. On their site they had 2 models that was under $1000 but never offered me those. So I think they don't have cheaper models on their site. Just a trick to get you to look at cheaper models to turn around and offer more expensive ones. I will not be doing business with these guys. Matter of fact they still have the cheaper model on their site when they know that they don't have it in stock.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

If I could give this company a 0 out of 5 I would. After purchasing an extended warranty (THANK GOD) I returned a Macbook with keyboard issues to be replaced. They valued my trade at a lower price than I paid for it, disregarding the upgrades I had put into the computer. After I called over and over again, I was referred back to their online customer service department that ONLY RESPONDS IN PRE PLANNED RESPONSES. You cannot get a response from an actual human being. It is seriously frustrating and you have to open a service request any time you want a response.

After paying an additional $60 for my new computer, it shows up and then crashes less than a week later. Now it won't boot back up and I have to send it BACK. Oh and guess what, they probably aren't going to cover the shipping cost to send them the broken replacement computer that they sent me. There is no contact info for anyone who works at this company because they are a sham of a company. They hide behind email based customer service, vague policies, and a terrible business strategy.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Wanted to get rid of my outdated laptop. I thought I would have to look for a store which provides me the best price of my device, but, my problem was solved by GainSaver. It made selling devices easier than ever before and provided the best value.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Went through three computer exchanges. Every single one shut itself off. The first time I exchanged I paid out of pocket for shipping ($100+) and found out later you have to submit a special request for a shipping label (as if you might not want to utilize the option of free shipping when returning a product). The third time I was having an issue with the MacBook shutting itself off, as I was requesting for the shipping label and wound up in the hospital (giving birth), it caused me to pass the 30 day warranty period by a few days and they've declined accepting the exchange due to this fact. I did however request a RMA # and inform them I was sending it back before the 30 days though. They're just taking advantage of technicalities in order to sell junk. I was stupid enough to make this purchase based on the legitimacy of their site's appearance, but now after looking for reviews I see many people upset with this company. Don't purchase their trash.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I decided to give them a shot even after I read all the horrible reviews. Now I wish I wouldn't have done business with them at all! I have been waiting over 3 weeks for my check and I've been told each week it's been sent out. I caught them in a lie today and was immediately transferred to an automated system. I tried calling back to talk to the jerk that did that and it just kept ringing. This company is terrible from top to bottom. Their trade in prices may be slightly higher, but it's not worth the headache they cause. AVOID!!! I'd give them 0 stars if it was an option...

GainSaver.com Company Information