1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FTD

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

829 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 31, 2017

I sent an expensive bouquet for Mother's Day to my mother-in-law and my sister. They both told me that the flowers were wilted and brown and the lilies never opened up. My mother-in-law called FTD and complained. They sent her another bouquet, but it was just as bad. NEVER USING FTD AGAIN!!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I ordered a huge bouquet for my Lady Wife on the occasion of our 18th wedding anniversary. It was to be delivered to her place of employment on Monday. Saturday she throws a spanner in the works and says she is taking a few days off. I called FTD and of course get some foreign call center who barely comprehend English. I explain to the operator the situation and she says that the florist has been contacted with the updated address. Relieved, I took it for granted that all had been resolved. Monday they delivered it to her job. We were not notified. We waited at home most of the day until one of my wife's co-workers saw the flowers at the front desk. I am pissed beyond words right now that I wasted over a hundred bucks on a company that is as reliable as an earthquake.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I had ordered flowers via FTD.ca for my older sister's 40th birthday because I could not be there to physically celebrate with her. I wanted to do something special for her, and sent her flowers using ftd.ca. I chose a bouquet that I liked, placed the order, and paid $107 USD dollars. When my sister received the flowers, they looked pathetic and nothing at all like the picture. There were a lack of roses which the picture had a lot of, the lilies did not smell, and it was not the "better" option that I had chosen. Half the flowers had broken stems and broken flowers, and brown leaves by the next day, and did not last more than 1 day. What a disappointment.

I definitely will never ever order from ftd.ca again. In addition, when I called ftd.ca, they said they would call the vendor, and re-send the flowers at no charge. I did not want another ugly bouquet sent again and wanted a refund which they did not give, so I wasted hard earned money for nothing. In addition, the flower vendor wanted emailed pictures of proof that they were pathetic looking as the claim was that they delivered the flowers as a full bunch - totally not true. The pictures were emailed to the company, but no follow up or phone call, and not even an acknowledgement that the email was received nor any refund of any kind.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I waited until the last minute to order a Mother's Day gift for my grandmother. That said, it was early the Friday before. Apparently it was too late to order flowers and the choices for what I could get delivered was limited and expensive. Nonetheless I procrastinated so I was willing to pay for it; $79.00 for some chocolate covered strawberries. The order went through and I was content that I had something for my 101 year old grandmother to enjoy for Mother's Day. Well, the next day I checked my email and I received an email from FTD saying they could not "despite their best efforts fill my order and a full refund would be submitted". This was so untimely that I could not order anything in time to arrive on time and the fact that FTD took the order with no issues. Under the circumstances an apology and a refund are not acceptable. I will not give FTD the opportunity to disappoint me again.

Original review: May 19, 2017

TERRIBLE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I spent close to $70! On a bouquet of Tulips for Mother's Day. They arrived unbloomed (Which I was told) with instructions. After LESS THAN A WEEK they dropped and shortly after died without ever blooming. So thank you for nothing FTD Flowers. I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED and will make that known.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 18, 2017

My daughter splurged and sent me a dozen (I got only 11) rainbow roses for Mother's Day 2017. They were left in my front door, in the sun and by the time I opened the box, they looked crushed and about a week old. I contacted the Florist on the card (Englewood Florist) who said it was a drop shipment not from them. I called FTD and they said the the order number was not from them! Did I mention the 3 paneled high gloss FTD brochure that came with the flowers? I called the local shop back, and she confirmed my order number (the one that FTD did not recognize).

Original review: May 18, 2017

Whatever you Do, do not use FTD flowers!! On mother's day I PAID extra and they did not even deliver the flowers I PAID a lot of money for. And then they never even called. I called them and they argued with me... I can go on for a half hour about my experience... Just don't use them...

Original review: May 17, 2017

Leading up to Mother's Day, there was an offer of 15 tulips for $29.99. While going through the checkout process, the price increased to $36.99. At final checkout, with delivery + other charges $57.99. 9 people in my office ordered the offer because the photo was truly beautiful. 4 out of 9 bouquets were extremely disappointing. 2 were just okay. One bouquet was sent back because of its rough condition. For $57.99 I can get a reliably impressive arrangement from a local flower shop and I suggest that you do the same.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Over 10 calls, Mother's Day's flower horrible, not as posted. FTD still hasn't delivered a replacement. Mother's Day was Sunday... not delivered as promised... still waiting... and if you want to reach Customer Services it should like overseas... cannot understand. I would avoid FTD if you can just do something locally. I will never use FTD again.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I had awful experience with FTD. They are absolute scam and their customer service is ridiculous. I purchased flowers and they offered add-ons with the purchase and I paid additional $20 for a box of chocolate (no specific brand, just said chocolate) to be delivered for the mother's day. They delivered the flowers (not the freshest flowers) without the chocolate. I don't know how many people actually ask the recipient about how many gifts exactly they received but I happened to ask my mom and realized they had only delivered the flowers! So I called customer service and was very disappointed and the person on the phone, after holding me on the call to contact their florist, promised the chocolate to be delivered next day (which was May 14 and the actual mother's day). I spoke with my mom on Monday May 15th (day after Mother's Day) and realized there was no chocolate and no communications from FTD!

So I called again and the person in customer service kept apologizing. I asked for their supervisor or the actual florist's contact information and the customer service person kept apologizing and not letting me speak with a supervisor nor provided the florist contact info. She kept promising that the chocolate will be delivered tomorrow but when I asked her to send confirmation email indicating the chocolate will be delivered tomorrow, she said she had to hear back from their florist before sending the email confirmation! So I don't know what kind of promise that was?

I decided to stay on the call for as long as it took and finally after close to 2 hours I got connected to a supervisor who offered me a $31 credit back to my card. But honestly, how many people will realize that their add-ons were not delivered? How many people get to ask the recipient if they have received all the items? How many people have the time to call customer service and stay on the call for long time? This is absolute scam and theft to get people pay for something and not deliver it. I like to know how many people have had this experience? Why is this company still in business?

Original review: May 16, 2017

I am not one to write reviews, but am so motivated by my sheer anger & frustration with this company that I am. Long story short, I order flowers for Mother's Day to be delivered on 5/13/17. The delivery driver left them by her mailbox (She lives off a main road, so essentially they were left on the side of the road), and they were stolen. When I called to inform and report the driver, I was told that I would be refunded & the flowers would be re-delivered to my mother's door on 5/16, and they would call my mom and give her an apology. They never arrived, she never got a call.

I called to get an ETA, and was told that they weren't re-delivered because I was refunded... What?? That is not what was promised. I asked for the call to be escalated, spoke to a supervisor who only said "I'm confirming with you that we will not be delivering", and then said she would transfer me to a manager. Was on hold for 31 minutes before finally hanging up and began to write this review. ALSO! Their call center is definitely outsourced overseas as it is very hard to understand anything that is being said. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! UNTRUSTWORTHY!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

Daughter ordered me flowers for Mother's Day. Came 2 days late (She was guaranteed they would be there before Mother's day). They finally came smashed with the mug they were in broken. Whoever packed them just set them in the box, no packing, nothing to hold them in place. They have given my daughter her money back, but no apology, and no flowers for me.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I wanted to express how deeply disappointed I am with the service I received. In the past, for online orders, I have tried 1800flowers.com and proflowers.com, none of which is worth even trying again. I expected better from FTD.com given the history of the company. This order for my daughter was to be from her 5 year old son for mother's day... Something to have on her desk at work for at least a few minutes. This order was sent to a BANK... Being a business, and a bank, you would think that an effort would be made to deliver it earlier in the day rather than later. The business closes at 5:00, she left at 5:05 with NO flowers being delivered.

I promptly call and requested a refund which was granted. I ALSO asked to speak to someone in the United States as those in the Philippines are VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND... I was not done complaining and wanted someone other than a script reading operator that might care a little. At that time I was told I could not be transferred to a customer service person in the States because they were not answering. I was told I would receive a call back, AND I NEVER RECEIVED ONE! Now, with no flowers for my daughter, I had to find another florist that could deliver her some flowers to her house on Saturday the 13th. Do you know how hard that was? Most were already booked for Saturday. Finally, Saturday morning, I found one, but the flower selection was not great because most of their flowers were well picked through.

Just like 1800flowers.com and proflowers.com, this experience with FTD.com was a disaster. I'll probably never visit their website again. Fast forward to Monday morning (after Mother's Day): They delivered the flowers to her at work, with dead roses and lilies missing petals. Wow... They were in a hot car Friday afternoon... When they couldn't be delivered, they went back to the florist for the weekend (Were they placed in a cooler during that time?)... Then back into a hot car for Monday delivery. At no time did they even refresh the flowers. It's a good thing I got a refund.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I live out of state and in so decided to take a chance ordering Mother's Day flowers from a company that has been in business for a very long time. Well I have learned that many US business today survive on the reputation of years ago. This does NOT mean they care about quality or service hence by disinterest in purchasing even an American car! Well FTD is NOT different. As soon as your hard earned money is exchanged their automated system confirms your order then reaches out to the cheapest local florist in the area you want a delivery in and hands off the responsibility or lack thereof of arranging and delivery the flowers to your loved one.

So I ordered a nice arrangement to be send to my mother in S. Florida. The day I received a confirmation the flowers were delivered I usually will get a call from her with a thank and so on. NO call. Nothing so I call her only to find out the flower arrangement was withered! Yes folks FTD's cronies could have cared less about the quality and freshness of the arrange and on Mother's Day!! I called and complained only to get a foreigner reading a script telling me they would redeliver a fresh arrangement then 10 minutes later a different Filipino calls and tells me they cannot do this! I mean talk about adding heat to the flame.

I was finally refunded my money and will NEVER recommend FTD to anyone. Companies like this one should be held to higher standards and or put out of business!! A lot of companies in the US are only here to serve their wealthy investors by hiring the cheapest labor with ZERO concern for the end users. It's sad and pathetic and YOU deserve more for your money!!!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I want to warn all consumers that think about using FTD.com. STOP DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I order flowers for my 80-year old mother for Mother's Day. I placed the order a week in advance and asked to have them delivered Friday before Mother's Day. The flowers I picked were called "The Sweet Surprises". They consist of Roses, Carnations, and Daisies. They are not exotic flowers. I never received a call nor email indicating they could not deliver the flowers. Friday evening I checked the order and it showed was not delivered.

I called their customer service (which they had a difficult time understanding English). I was first told they could not deliver that day that they would delivery on Saturday. I asked them to send me a confirmation email indicating delivery was changed. I also asked to refund some of my shipping charge considering they did not deliver on the day I indicated. They said they could not do this and that they would send me a coupon for my next order. Asked to speak to a supervisor they kept telling me the supervisor was engaged in another call. They were going to email me the confirmation as soon as we hung up. I waited 10 minutes no email. Called back, the second person stated they can't deliver until Tuesday (after Mother's Day). I told them, "No I requested Friday" which was today.

They kept telling me they could not deliver today not until Tuesday. Asked to speak to a supervisor again was told they are engaged in another call and could not speak to me. I told them I wanted them delivered no later than tomorrow (Saturday), they said they would and would send an email confirming. I then told them if I do not receive an email within 10 minutes I would call back. I waited. No confirmation email. Called back. Spoke to a third person and asked again. Had to go through the entire situation. They said those flowers were not available until Tuesday so they could not deliver, but they can change the flowers and make a different arrangement. I told them "no". I already knew what that meant they would put some cheap looking arrangement together and would not be close to what I ordered. I asked why they did not contact me early enough so I can cancel my order and go elsewhere. They told me ok we will cancel your order.

I told them that is not what I said. I want to know why you did not contact me and I had to contact you to find out my order will not be delivered on the day I requested and will not be the flowers I ordered. And supposedly if I want to wait until after Mother's Day it would not be a guarantee that they would even have the flowers I ordered. The flowers consisted of Pink Roses, Pink and Red Carnations and White Daisies. I asked to speak to a supervisor and again was told they are engaged in another call. I left my phone number for the supervisor and was told they would call back after that stopped engaging in a phone call.

I had spent 2-1/2 hours back and forth on the phone Friday evening. I hung up and called back Saturday morning hoping I would get a person that understood English. I called 5 separate times, they kept placing me on hold for over 15 minutes and not coming back on the line. I asked several times for the supervisor to call. Left my number multiple times. The last time I told them I want to cancel the order completely, they said, "OK". I asked for a confirmation email. They said, "OK".

I never received an email, I called back and asked if the order was cancelled. They said, "Yes." I asked when I can expect the money back in my account. They told me I placed the order they cannot refund the money. I only received an email indicating the order was cancelled and nothing that I will receive a refund. I am now going through my bank to have them go after FTD for the refund. I will never order through FTD, and if I ever order any flowers again I will check reviews before considering placing orders.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I ordered flowers for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. What she received didn't resemble the upgraded "BEST" version by any stretch of the imagination... not even the basic version. I think FTD.com relies on the fact that most people who send flowers don't actually see what was delivered, and the recipient of course would never complain. I called to complain and they offered a $25 coupon for next order. I never received it. I will NEVER BUY FLOWERS from FTD.com again.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Ordered flowers Sunday night, for a delivery on Monday 5/15/2017. I get a call (voicemail) saying there was a problem. I return the call and all they can tell me is there was NO delivery! This was for a Funeral (one day showing). I am very disappointed in FTD! I've used ProFlowers, Cheap Flowers and thought I would change it up! I will send flowers to the family but I'm over here crying because of FTD!??? ☹️

Original review: May 15, 2017

FTD IS HORRIBLE!!! Ordered flowers for Mother's Day 3 days in advance but they were unable to deliver until the Monday after. On Monday to call to tell me all the local florists are out of flowers and maybe they can deliver on Tuesday or Wednesday. Customer service is in India and they verify your information a million times and leave you on hold. 35 minutes to place the original order! Online orders took you through the process but would not complete order. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I ordered bouquets to be delivered for Mother's Day to my grandmother. I ordered them to be delivered on the Saturday before and paid a hefty premium for this service. As I tracked the package, I became very disappointed to learn that the package did not arrive on Saturday. This left my grandmother without receiving her present for Mother's Day. When I called FTD, I had a horrible time trying to get a customer service person on the line that I could understand. I am hard of hearing and have a very difficult time understanding accents, especially on the phone. I explained this and all that happened was that the customer service person repeated what I said back. This kept happening.

Apparently this is their customer service model, repeat for confirmation. It becomes extremely frustrating to have someone repeat back to you that you can't understand them and then they continue to talk. This happens with a number of different reps. Since the reps wouldn't transfer me to someone who spoke English I got disconnected a number of times before I lost my mind and they finally put me on with someone who speaks English. This person was of very little help as well. She assured me she was a manager, but she kept repeating herself and talking in circles. I explained to her that I work hard for my money. Paying a premium for a Saturday delivery is a very expensive decision. I could have paid 1/2 the price for it to be delivered on Monday, but I didn't. She said, it has already been delivered.

When I explained that they needed to refund my money for delivery she said, "we will upgrade the bouquet." I said "how, you just told me it was delivered?!" And then this manager just kept talking in circles until I explained to said manager that I wanted to be refunded or I would calling my credit card to stop payment. I should. It have had to go through this. It was my Mother's Day as well and it was ruined because of FTD.

Original review: May 15, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM FTD.com!!! Let's begin with the fact that FTD charges a large service fee, when you can just order the same flowers through a local florist in your town, which is what FTD does. They send their orders to local florists that deliver. When you order through the local florist there is no $20 service fee. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!! My flowers were not delivered and I called FTD 6 times. Each time it was some office in Asia not in the U.S, which would be fine if they were helpful at all, but they were not. I was told multiple times they could not get a hold of the local flower shop, so I kept calling to see if they could at a later time but not once.

Then with some searching I found the local flower shop they sent the order to and they had not received any calls or messages from FTD. It is all a lie and scam. Luckily the local flower shop is delivering the flowers today, but with no help from FTD. I had to do all the work myself. I also spoke with someone on their online chat, but was literally told they could do nothing and then when I said I was frustrated, the representative ignored me and quit the chat. THE WORST ONLINE FLOWER COMPANY. Save your time and money and order from somewhere else.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I ordered flowers for my mother on a Friday to be delivered next day. The first choice was not available in her area and it requested me to choose from a list. I chose flowers and checked out verifying they would be delivered. I received an email the day of delivery that those flowers could not be delivered in that area. I contacted FTD. The person advised it was because of a price increase. I read the email again advising it says I need to choose different flowers. He assured me it was the price. I asked how much extra I was supposed to pay. He assured me nothing they would take care of it and they would be delivered that day.

The flowers were not delivered. I called back in they don't deliver Sundays. I called again Monday 2 days after date of delivery. The person told me they could not be delivered until the next day. Now 3 days after date of delivery and 2 days after Mother's day. I asked for a manager. The manager told me those flowers were not available at all and I needed to choose different flowers. ISN'T THAT WHAT I TOLD THE GUY SATURDAY??? AND SUNDAY??? AND MONDAY??! Now instead of a beautiful bouquet they asked me to send 20 yellow tulips because now AFTER Mother's day that's all the florists have!!! With a 20% discount of $10.95... My shipping alone was $23.99 and my flowers were never delivered. Will never purchase from here again. I will go back to ProFlowers.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I ordered about $85 worth of flowers for my mom for Mother's Day. I ordered it to be delivered the day before. When did not show up that day I called and asked why. They told me they would be there the next day. Once again they never showed. I have called and asked for a refund and I have yet to see an proof that a refund has been issued although they said I should have gotten an e-mail for it by now.

Original review: May 15, 2017

They are really really bad. Stay away! Ordered something Tuesday for Sat. Paid 90 bucks. They cancelled the morning it was supposed to be delivered. I called - they don't speak English and never apologized. 800 flowers is where I thought I bought from. Never had any issues from them. FTD = third world country expectations!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my mom on the Thursday before Mother's Day. When they were not delivered on Thursday I sent an email inquiry which was never responded to. On Sunday morning I sent another inquiry and then called when that was not responded to. The phone representative could not find my order with my order number. She could not proceed without my name and address, my credit card number, the recipient name and phone number. It is ridiculous that this much info was required. The order number should have been all that was needed.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was put on hold for several minutes and then was advised the supervisor was busy handling other complaints (Shocking with this level of service). When she finally found my info there was no apology or explanation. She just asked if I wanted her to resend the order. Heck no it was already 3 days late and their customer service is horrific. On top of that they charge a $40+ service fee. Find a local florist. This company has no concern for delivering on time and doesn't care about their customers.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Called FTD to order Mother's Day flowers and lady who answered could barely speak English. Never mind could not understand anything I said and I speak English! I had to spell every word I said over and over using NATO alphabet or alpha, bravo, charlies!! I should have just hung up but I figured I would give them a shot and what a mistake!!! The flowers they sent were wrong, I was overcharged, never got a email confirmation as they put in wrong email... Took me three calls to get it squared away and waiting on my refund now! Will never use this service again and wouldn't recommend to anyone! I will go to my local florist from now on.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I ordered flowers, balloons and a card for my wife on the occasion of Mother's Day. The delivery date was 5/13/17 - 5/14/17. I was okay if the flowers show up earlier than Sunday but even at noon on the Mother's Day it didn't show up. Flowers are not kitchen towels that the date and time of delivery don't matter. A delivery window is needed for occasion based flower delivery. FTD failed to meet any of that. They don't have any status of delivery which I don't know whether it is their technical limitation or oversight.

I called them up at noon and finally had to cancel the order since the flowers showing up in the evening means nothing to the recipient and it loses its significance altogether. Please do not use FTD.com if possible especially if you are celebrating any special occasions. I will never use them. They did say they refunded my money but I am not sure until I see the refund on my card (which they say could take 3-5 business days to show up). Nonetheless, my Mother's Day is ruined and nothing can compensate that.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I ordered mother's day flowers for my mom on Thursday for delivery on Sunday, Mother's Day. Received a confirmation email that they'd be delivered on Sunday, as promised, but when I went to check the tracking status this morning (Sunday), the carrier's website says they aren't scheduled to be delivered until Monday. I called FTD to find out what they can do, and they said, "Sorry, but nothing." Said I cannot get a refund either because they're in transit. Really?!?

I'll be calling back as soon as they're delivered tomorrow and I will get a refund. We have a valid contract that they did not abide by. If they cannot make a delivery happen on a certain day of the week, they cannot offer the promise. I asked what they can do today... same day delivery of something?!? But they can do nothing, apparently, absolutely nothing. I asked to speak with a manager, and the employee said if the manager was free after a current call he was on, he'd call me back. I said, "You mean when", but he didn't understand the difference. Ugh! NEVER AGAIN!!

Original review: May 14, 2017

Never Right - I have ordered from FTD in the past and the one time I did, they substituted a beautiful plant for a horrible one. It is so disappointing to have your recipient send you a picture of what they received and it is completely different from what you carefully picked out. It's very time consuming picking the best arrangement so to know I just basically wasted my time sucked. I ordered again for my boyfriend's mother in advance for mother's day 2017 and again they EMAILED me on mother's day that the arrangement was not available. Good thing I read my email. So anyways, I call and they say there are no substitutions available, so basically I was SOL. Whelp time was running out so instead of arguing, I just told them to issue a refund. I went over to 1800Flowers website and ordered with ease. DO NOT USE FTD!!! And they also charge $25 service fee!! 1800Flowers was so much more reasonable priced.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I ordered flowers 5/12 for 5/13 delivery. On 5/13 I've been on the phone a total of 3 hours with 3 reps whom I can barely understand and 2 hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor. On hold for the third time and now they tell me the florist never confirmed and cannot guarantee delivery AT ALL!!! I will definitely be disputing this item. Biggest scam artists!!!

Original review: May 13, 2017

I was looking forward to having my mother receive her flowers on Mother's Day. She lives far away from me and it means very much to her to receive flowers from me. Even though I ordered the flowers way in advance, they contacted me a couple times saying that the flowers were unavailable and that they would issue a refund and a measly $10 coupon for my next purchase. When I spoke with them, they reassured me that they would send the flowers regardless and that never happened. I did not want neither a refund nor a coupon, I wanted for my mother to know that I love her even if I am far away. How can they put a price on this? I've been using them for 10 years and will NEVER use them again. They should be ashamed and punished for such unprofessional service.

FTD Company Information