1.57/5
Based on 189 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FTD

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

913 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Similar to the previous reviewer, we ordered flowers to be delivered to the funeral of a family member and the flowers were not delivered. We proposed to FTD that we be refunded our order and that FTD arrange to have flowers delivered - at their cost - the subsequent day, albeit after the funeral. FTD initially denied the request to deliver flowers at their cost, but finally agreed to a 50 percent discount. As the order was processed, we learned that the discount applied to the cost of the flowers only, not to cost plus tax plus delivery. We love FTD's promise, "Love it or we'll make it right." We wish they'd live up to their promise. We will not be ordering from FTD again. Ever.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Too expensive to consider using again. They do not offer many discounts, and do not have a repeat customer rewards program. 1-800 Flowers has all of these, so why go anywhere else?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Flowers that I ordered were not the ones that were sent. Plus they were very pricey for the small bouquet. So the next time I will try a different flower company and make sure that the flowers I order are the ones they send.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I ordered flowers to be delivered the next day & they didn't make it, FTD was great about refunding my full order & the flowers were still delivered that next day.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

It is a great service but the quality of flowers is very hard to judge if no feedback is received from the recipient. Other than that the flowers were received.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I haven't ordered anything from the company in a long while, but the experience I had years ago sticks with me. That was when I lived home in Sedalia Mo. They were so kind, made sure everything was fine.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

It was very easy and the customer service was great. They knew exactly help me because I never done it before our last hope. After all it was flowers for a memorial which is a special thing and they had the Right Touch understanding.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Delivery was fine and delivered on time, arrangement looked nice but, the quality of the flowers was very poor as they were not fresh and were dead within a day's time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Terrible customer service. My delivery did not make it in time for the funeral - and this company (due to a corporate merger) did nothing to ensure that it arrived in a timely manner according to schedule. Have never ordered from FTD, but this was the preferred flower delivery service for the funeral home, so I ordered through them thinking it would streamline the process. I was very wrong.

Will not use this company again for anything time-sensitive. Talked to 5 different individuals on Sunday (slated day of delivery) - was put on hold for a combined 90 minutes, and never was able to speak to a Customer Service representative who was able to assist me. Embarrassing treatment of customers and an overall extremely negative experience with this company, website, and the process in general. Nothing will be done (or can be done since the funeral was Sunday), but hopefully this discourages others from using FTD for their personal matters.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

The recipient was not home and they came back and delivered later. This made me very pleased as I did not have to track down the delivery. Good customer service as far as I can as concerned.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have no problems with ordering the flowers and the service is perfect in every way. I have family and friends use the services.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Everything went smooth, lady took my order was very polite. When flowers were received, person loved them. It was mid winter too. I was very impressed. Now I give everyone the number.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Two terrible experiences in a row. They missed delivery for my sister's birthday on 1/30/2018 to Salinas, CA. They did not return my first call on 1/31 or respond to my email on 2/1. I called again on 2/2 and finally they delivered the birthday bouquet several days late and not with the vase as pictured. They didn't offer a refund or discount. She only received them last night and I'm waiting to hear if she received the "up-sized" bouquet I ordered. To add insult to injury, when the bouquet was finally delivered they sent a confirmation email stating it had been delivered on time.

In Nov 2017, I sent a birthday bouquet to my daughter in Blacksburg, VA. I "upsized" it and bought an expensive, unique bouquet with Peruvian flowers. She received a small bouquet with very few flowers. FTD refunded my purchase, which was more than fair. Still, given the recent experience in Jan 2018 of a missed birthday, I will not renew my annual membership and do not plan to use FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I always had a good experience. The flowers were beautiful and just like the pictures. They arrived on time like promised. They were also reasonably priced.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have used FTD years ago but haven't had a need to utilize an online Floral Service in recent months. To my utter disappointment, the lovely Rainbow Roses I thought I ordered were not delivered in my selected cobalt blue vase nor was there any green accents or Baby's Breath included. Just roses in a clear case. My Friends deserved better and for $70+ delivery, I believe I did as well!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I ordered flowers for a funeral. Gave them the date and time of the funeral and was assured they would be delivered the day before the funeral. However the flowers weren't delivered until a week after the funeral. Their service was very lousy and unprofessional to me. I haven't used them since and probably won't use them ever again nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

They have always delivered quality flowers and on time. They were probably a little more expensive but very reliable. The website is very easy to use and the local supplier is good at calling ahead and offering good alternatives when certain flowers were not in stock.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I ordered a condolence arrangement for delivery in early December, and have asked repeatedly since then about delivery. It would be in horrible taste to ask to bereaved, so I asked FTD -- again and again and again. I received from emails for the first month saying they couldn't contact the local delivery shop, and have just now (more than 6 weeks later) received an email saying 1) that they couldn't contact me via phone (they didn't try, I have call history and voicemail), and 2) the arrangement was never delivered. Inexcusable! No apology, nothing. DON'T USE FTD!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was not able to go to Iowa for a funeral. So we sent flowers and everyone love them. They wanted to know where we got the flowers and we told them how to get them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

On Saturday, January 27, 2018, I ordered flowers via FTD for a funeral Monday afternoon. When I called on Monday to confirm the delivery, I was told the flowers could not be delivered because there was only one florist in the designated area and they could not reach anyone at that local florist. That was not true. Thus no delivery for the funeral. I was very upset. If they were not going to be able to deliver the flowers on time, I should have been contacted. I did receive an email confirming I will receive a refund, AFTER first receiving an email stating I would not, AFTER I called to find out there would be no delivery. Normally I read reviews before dealing with a company but this time I did not. When I went online to file a complaint, that's when I saw they only have a one-star rating. I will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The flowers arrive on time but consistently die within 3-4 days. FTD customer service is great and replaces quickly but super big nuisance. I rely and use the FTD gold plan regularly but will reconsider future renewal.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Choices on the computer are common, unless you pay top price. Variety, as when you went to a sticks & bricks store, is just not there. We, the public are paying this.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Delivered product was totally different looking than the one displayed on the order site. Called CS, had a awful experience, will think twice before using.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I was Gifted a order of 12 tulips. Three were damaged beyond repair. The order was delivered on its head so the Tulips were crushed on their tops. Called to report and asked if I could Get a less fragile type flower if it was the same price and they refused. The person on the end of the line was so hard to understand. I wasn't A happy camper.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ordered a specific vase and bouquet for my Mother in laws birthday. Even paid extra for the larger arrangement. It was nothing like what I picked out and was awful looking. I was so embarrassed. I called FTD, as usual got someone from India. Could hardly understand them. Told me since the florist was closed they would contact them on Monday and call me back. I got no response whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Completely disappointed. The flowers my sister posted were NOTHING like the ones I ordered. Of the nine elements illustrated and described in writing, ZERO elements were utilized. BUT... as the customer rep explained. "They WERE flowers".

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered a floral arrangement for a special 60th birthday - the 'best' version of the arrangement. The product that was delivered was not what was depicted on the website; instead it was an embarrassing and pitiful display of love and appreciation for someone so dear to me and my family. When I contacted customer service, I was told that what was delivered was inadequate, that FTD would make good on the purchase and another arrangement would be delivered the next day.

Well it wasn't. The following day I contacted FTD and was told that the florist disputed the complaint and it was decided another arrangement would not be sent. Do you think I was contacted? NO. I was then told that a decision would be made the FOLLOWING DAY, and at the very earliest I MAY have another arrangement delivered the day after that... Uh no thanks. Please refund my money and thank you for turning a nice gesture and gift into a disaster and an insult. I've been disappointed by FTD in the past; it won't happen again. DONE.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I ordered flowers for my son's girlfriend to send her some happiness during a very dark time in her life. She sat in a hospital room during the holidays holding her Father's hand for 17 days 24/7 by herself watching him die a very slow and painful death! She was in a city where she knew no one. She was alone trying to comfort him as he was dying. The flowers I ordered never arrived! I'm angry that a company this big can't even complete a simple delivery order! I should have checked the reviews on this company because 99% of them are 1 star! They have an F rating! If I could I would give them -50 stars! If you order from this company you order at your own risk!!!! I will NEVER order from them again!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have traded with them over the years but this will be my last one. I requested delivery on the Saturday before Christmas, paid extra for it and it did not occur. I tried to talk to a customer service manager, there was no one on duty and or available. I filled out a form to have a return phone call , it never occurred. I called about a week later, was placed on hold for thirty minutes and then proceeded to get hung up on/disconnected. Still waiting for my refund but the worst customer service I have ever experienced. When you do talk to someone it is over VOIP, and you can barely hear them and or understand them. The call center is poorly managed, how do you not have managers available to handle customer service issues, makes no sense. Anyway the best of luck to FTD and Shari's Berries given they are a customer service based organization and I will not be one of those in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My password doesn’t work for my FTD account. Attempts to get an email to reset it failed. I spent almost an hour with many people (not in the USA) and no one can reset it. They kept asking about my orders. I bought the annual service and ordered 26 items in 6 months. About a third were delivered late or early or damaged. Now, I am locked out of my account and no one can help. I was promised a callback yesterday morning. 27 hours later ~ nothing. Does anyone work at FTD in tech services? No.

FTD Company Information

www.ftd.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use