1.53/5
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

982 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2018

The poor ratings I see are well-deserved and I agree that zero (or negative) stars would be a more appropriate rating system for this vendor. I can also see why it does not have a Consumer Affairs accreditation. I used ProFlowers for many years (before it was purchased by FTD) and was NEVER disappointed. It is a shame and a scam that the well-respected ProFlowers name is still in use as there is NO comparison in quality. I stopped using ProFlowers as soon as I realized what had happened. Regrettably, the word has not gotten out widely enough because I have continued to be on the receiving end of "ProFlowers" (FTD) orders from others who were used to the quality that is no longer. The "arrangements" bear NO resemblance to what the customer expects to be delivered, either in terms of quality or quantity of product.

The Mother's Day delivery that came to me yesterday was pitiful, some cheap flowers and three over-the-hill roses. An $8 purchase from the grocery store would put what I received to shame. Another order I received in the past was literally dead on arrival. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the local florists who fill these orders have far less than stellar reviews. I will continue to report back to those who send me flowers through FTD, letting them know that their money has been wasted and suggesting that they never again use this vendor. I will also continue to call customer service, as I did today, to make sure FTD is aware that their shameful service does not go unnoticed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered a $120 wine and cheese/snacks basket for Mother's Day (Called the "Spirited Gourmet - Best"). I placed the order weeks ago on April 30th, and FTD's website stated that the item was not eligible for delivery on weekends, so I requested Friday May 11th delivery - I figured my mom could enjoy the gift throughout the weekend. Lo and behold, my mother did not receive ANYTHING on Friday, or over the weekend. I called FTD twice, and both times, customer service reps kept placing me on hold, and could not answer any questions about why the order was not delivered, and why no one had contacted me to let me know it wouldn't be able to be delivered. During both calls, both reps finally told me that my order was a "very special delivery" so they needed to transfer my request over to the "special orders" department. Except they couldn't transfer me over to this department, someone would call me back from that department.

They kept saying things like "I assure you this order is very important, and I've already submitted the request." What request? Request to do what? Why would be calling me, and when? They could not tell me anything about when I could expect the call or when there would be a resolution or what the resolution would be. Finally, I told the woman I spoke with the second time I called that at this point I just wanted a refund, as $120 is not an insignificant amount of money, and Mother's day has come and gone, with my mother not having received her gift, so I just wanted the money back so I could get her something else instead (better late than never, right?).

After putting me on a long hold, yet again, she told me she was sending me an email and issuing me a refund. That was an hour ago, and still nothing. No refund, no actual information on where the order/gift is, nothing. This company is AWFUL. No one should rely on them for any special delivery. And if you do, and it goes wrong, don't expect to get your money back. I hope they are shut down, and stop defrauding people!

Original review: May 13, 2018

We ordered a bouquet to be delivered on 5/12 for our grandmother's 97th birthday. We waited for a confirmation, and on 5/13 contacted FTD online to ask for one. We received an email containing an 800 number. After calling, we found out that the local FTD agent was unable to fill the order. We were not contacted, nor asked if we would like an alternative arrangement. FTD refunded our money, but did not offer any compensation. DO NOT use this company.

Original review: May 13, 2018

On Thursday 5/10 ordered a Sunday 5/13 Mother's Day flower delivery for my mom. FTD indicated this is possible, accepting my $45 order. On Sunday, Mother's Day, shortly after noon, I received an email stating the delivery was made. Called my mom. She sounded surprised. Said nothing's arrived from me. Hung up. Called FTD. After dodging to answer for 15-20 min they admitted nothing's been sent. Still no explanation why did FTD try to lie??? Not to mention they made me look like an ungrateful son, I know I am not. Shame on FTD!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I'm making this short and sweet. Don't bother with FTD. They suck. I ordered what I thought would be a beautiful bouquet of tulips (the recipient's favorite flower). When she texted me a picture with a "thank you for the flowers" I couldn't have been more embarrassed! This is why I hate spending money on flowers, such a waste. I could have sent cash for a really nice dinner instead, would have been more useful than looking at these pitiful flowers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 13, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Absolutely in shock at how awful my experience has been. I ordered my mom and mother-in-law flowers for Mother’s Day. I have never been so embarrassed or furious about a flower delivery. What was delivered is not even close to what I ordered. The flowers within the bouquet picture online were not even in the bouquet they received. I have contacted customer service and they won’t do a thing. I really really wish I saw these other reviews before I ever ordered so I could have spent my money elsewhere. They are obviously scamming all of their customers.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I would rate FTD a zero if this review site would let me. FTD is the absolute worst company and I will never, ever, ever order anything from FTD ever again for as long as I live. I ordered flowers for Mothers Day (5/13/18) to be delivered on Fri (5/11//18). Later on Fri 5/11/18, FTD confirmed the delivery, however, the flowers were not delivered. The next day Sat. FTD sends an email indicating that the delivery could not be met and the absolute best that they could do is deliver the flowers a day after Mother's Day on 5/14/18.

FTD is completely incompetent and I will go out of my way to ensure that upper management knows how crappy FTD is since this is not the first time my delivery was missed by more than 2 days. I was disgusted with FTD and FTD's customer service that I just cancelled the order. I will make FTD management aware of my complaint so that they can fire the incompetent people and replace them with robots. At least robots are trainable! Don't ever order from FTD - they are too incompetent and stupid to get anything done correctly.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I ordered my Mom and Aunt flowers for Mother's Day to be delivered May 12th-13th. (Upgraded both to BEST bouquet and I'm an FTD Gold Subscriber. Each bouquet was $64.99 before tax.) My mom sent me a picture of hers and naturally was absolutely delighted! When looking at photo and back to what I ordered, it was not nearly as impressive. I emailed customer service regarding my dissatisfaction. My Aunt later send a photo of her flower surprise and I was actually ashamed by the arrangement! Not acceptable or near the wow factor of what I had expected. Sent another complaint to customer service. Waiting on a response.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I ordered my mom a beautiful bouquet online from FTD. What she received was a pathetic box of almost dead flowers and a whole lotta green filler! They were shipped from Illinois and she is in New Mexico. I called FTD to complain and was offered to have the order redelivered except the bouquet I ordered was no longer available. I was given two options and asked to know more about one of them. I was put on hold for ages while she went to look up what comes in that particular bouquet only to have her come back and say that one wasn't available anymore. In the end I called back again and asked for a refund, which they complied. They have proven to be totally unreliable and it's shameful that people pay so much thinking their loved one is getting beautiful flowers and get a box of crap. I'm so glad my mom told me the condition of the flowers. Do not use FTD!!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

This has happened before. We ordered flowers through FTD well in advance of our desired delivery date, only to receive an email the day before the delivery date telling us that our choice of flowers can't be delivered. This time it was for Mother's Day 2018. If the flower arrangement can't be delivered, why offer it for sale in the first place? We canceled the order, but I'm sure if we called and upgraded the order to a much more expensive flower arrangement, the delivery would miraculously become possible. This appears to be a pattern of bait and switch.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I thought it was a joke!! 1/2 of the flowers were dead, brown, limp. It is the worst I have ever seen. They want to send me more, are you kidding. I read all the one star reviews and it's not just me. Why are they sending out this mess. I still don't believe this, DEAD!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

FTD was to deliver a special fruit arrangement to my mother for Mother's Day on the Friday prior and had not. I did so as I knew my mother would not be available on Saturday to receive a package due to her outing. When I called "customer service" they claimed it would still be delivered the same day, it was not. I could barely understand the representative as their English was not up to par so I had to ask them to repeat several times so I could understand what they were communicating to me. Nevertheless, what was ultimately stated was that they had seven days to rectify the situation if my mother did not receive her arrangement fresh, which would put it past Mother's Day. They appeared desensitized to my situation and argued their point to the end. NEVER USE THEM OR YOU'LL REGRET IT! I most certainly will not!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Ordered bouquet for Mother's Day, didn't hear from the recipient so I checked with customer service. They cancelled my order without any notice, I ordered this a week and a half before they should've been delivered. Supposed to be delivered in Canada (we live in US). Thanks for absolutely NOTHING! WARNING: Do Not Use FTD.CA.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I can't tell everyone how frustrating it is to do business with FTD. For the second, and final time, I've made arrangements to have flowers delivered to a friend and her mother and only one was delivered on time... Oh, and they're both going to the same address. Whatever you do, go get flowers and deliver them yourself if your only option is FTD. They are horrible!

Original review: May 11, 2018

DO NOT EVER USE FTD FLOWERS #FTD FLOWERS...EVER! I had ordered over $80 worth of flowers to be delivered today and when I hadn't heard anything (like OMG, thank you!) I called to check on the order and found out that FTD took my money but cancelled the ** order! They said that the sunflowers I wanted were not available so they just cancelled it and DID NOT refund my money until I raised hell. I will write this review on every single website I can find until they make it right by me and then I will never use them again. This is the second time they've done something crappy. The last time, I ordered $100 in roses for a very special occasion and the recipient got a $20 order of carnations! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Original review: May 10, 2018

They are complete scammers. For Mother's Day they say delivery is included in price of flowers then they try to charge you an extra 18 dollars. When you call customer service to complain they act like they don't understand English.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Very unprofessional customer service. They charge you a premium price and substitute products without your approval. I called to inquire and ask to see what was delivered and I got a CS person who barely speaks English. She kept asking for information that she already had, such as "what was the item you ordered?" I had already submitted my order number etc. I realized I was getting nowhere with this CS person and asked to speak to her supervisor. I was ignored and repeatedly asked to speak to her supervisor.

I was placed on hold for 100 minutes and the person who came to the phone was at the same level as the person with whom I had spoken and NOT a supervisor. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for another ten minutes. All told, I was on the phone with FTD for 49 minutes, spoke to four different people, and not one of them had a decent command of the English language. There was no resolution and I feel as if I have been defrauded. I will never again use this service.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I ordered flowers online from Eflowers.com FTD Flower and Gift Delivery on April 28 and they never were delivered. I then reordered on May 1st. Still no delivery and my credit card was now charged twice for $72.98 by an entity named "Flowers LLC Cambridge, MA". Many attempts to resolve this issue of non-delivery with the several "800" call center numbers and multiple emails to customer service. Also, several of my calls were outsourced to answering services with promises that I would be contacted within the day to resolve the issue. And sadly my sister never received her get well bouquet.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I won't use FTD again. The last few times I had flowers delivered to my wife, it was more like a do it yourself kit. She had to bring the package home, cut the stems and arrange them in the vase herself. When I pay all the upcharges to have flowers delivered on time, I expect the arrangement to be complete without having the recipient do all the work. Will not use FTD again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

FTD advertises on their main site that they do same day delivery. I did not ask for same day. I asked for next day only if they could deliver a birthday bouquet before 2PM. Their representative said they would try for 9AM but definitely before 2PM. I told them the recipient would leave at 2PM. I bought a $39 bouquet. They added $10 for the vase and $17 for delivery which was fine with me if they could deliver before 2PM. They did not deliver on time. I called them after that and someone on the chat room told me they had not delivered. I asked them to cancel the order. They said they would be glad to cancel it but they didn't. I called the bank to cancel the charge but they said the cancellation would have to come from the florist first so I called FTD again.

This time they said the flowers were delivered so they could not cancel. How they did that in the 10 minutes it took to talk to the bank is akin to magic. I did not believe them. This morning I asked the recipient whether she received the flowers. She said someone in her office had accepted the late delivery and sent me a picture. It was a very scaled down version of what I had ordered. Not only is their service horrible but their agents lie and their page has false information in big letters. I will never use FTD again and I hope someone nails them for false advertising.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered an arrangement 6 days before my relative's funeral from FTD. Flowers were never delivered and was told that due to time constraints they were unable to. The service was at 2 pm and when I placed the order I specified that time with agent. Was told that they tried to call the day of funeral, but got no answer. All lies. Do yourself a favor and never order from this FTD establishment. How humiliating that they could not honor a burial-funeral request! I will never, ever use them or refer anyone else to them again. Never!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered a prom corsage on 04/10 to be delivered on 04/19 (PLENTY OF NOTICE). Today is the 19th; I have contacted FTD now 4 times, they can’t get in touch with the local florist. They have now left 4 messages with them. They won’t disclose the florist’s name with me so I can reach out, they can’t give me any reassurances that I will receive my order, and they won’t refund my money. I am extremely frustrated with the customer service. I continually get someone that’s not in the United States on the phone and it’s difficult to communicate. I would never recommend ordering from FTD if it is something that’s actually important.

Resolution response: June 4, 2018

After A LOT of effort on my part, I was refunded. Unfortunately, the moment of being able to cheer someone up during a really hard day passed and my time was wasted.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I ordered flowers for $65.30 for same day delivery. I placed the order in the morning for a friend that was having a particularly hard day due to her chemo treatment and I wanted them to arrive THAT DAY. That's why I paid for same-day delivery, it's two days later and FTD still cannot confirm if they have been delivered. I've called FTD three times, about 10 mins on hold each time (with their outsourced people), having wasted about half an hour of my time and I still do not have an answer. They say they try to call the floral shop but can't get through... Maybe try using a reliable business or implement a better system of tracking. This is so aggravating. Do yourself a favor, use another company.

Resolution response: April 10, 2018

Wonderful news, FTD gave me a full refund:) They were very professional and apologetic. I offered to send them a picture of the actual delivery to compare to the one that I ordered and they accepted. Very satisfied.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I ordered an arrangement of purple orchids for 79.99 plus tax and delivery for my daughter's 30th birthday. The picture on the website showed a gorgeous full bouquet of flowers in a purple vase. My daughter sent me a picture of a purple vase with 3-4 long weeping branches of orchids. Didn't look anything like the picture. I have placed a complaint with the company but based on other reviews, they don't really take care of anything. I won't use FTD again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Ordered Easter flowers for my grandparents... they were never delivered but FTD took the money and then proceeded to tell me they couldn't find my order... but guess what... my $52 is still gone! Will never order from them again... crooks!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I wanted to order some flowers for a friend that lives in Campeche, Mexico. I ordered on the FTD.com web page on March 26th and everything seemed good. The next day, I received an email from FTD.com indicating that additional address information was needed. When I called FTD customer service, I was told that the local florist in Campeche needed the additional address details. I contacted my friend's daughter twice to verify and re-verify the delivery address, and spoke with agents at FTD customer service four times, trying to make sure they had all the address information. I saw the charge appear on my credit card, and was looking forward to speaking with my friend on her birthday... The day the flowers were scheduled to arrive. Fast forward a couple days to March 29th, the day of my friend's birthday...

I called FTD customer service in the late morning to see if they could confirm if the flowers had been delivered yet. At that time, I was told that my order had been canceled due to the fact that FTD didn't have a local florist in the area of Campeche where my friend lived. I was told that I should have received an email notifying me of the cancellation, but I couldn't find one (even in my spam folder) and despite the fact that I had already received emails from FTD that week.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to tell them of my unhappy predicament, and to ask why I hadn't been told of the "no local florist in the area" earlier in the week when I was speaking to customer service in response to their request for additional address information (that had been requested from the local florist). I was told that they had just found out that they didn't have a local florist in Campeche and that they were sorry. I was scrambling for ideas since it was already the day of my friend's birthday, and asked the FTD supervisor if she had any other options that she could suggest for me, she said "no, she didn't" and again was told how sorry she was for my situation. This was the first time, and definitely the last time I will use FTD. :(

Original review: March 22, 2018

When shopping on FTD.com, you are encouraged to purchase a Gold Membership for $19.99 to save on delivery fees - which I did. When I went to ftd.com to shop again, I found a special I wanted to purchase, and added it to my shopping cart - but when I signed in, the price DOUBLED on that arrangement. So you get free shipping, but they mark up the flowers for you, to make up for it! I contacted customer service and they told me that it's correct - Gold Members do not get the same specials as others. What a rip.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered flowers for my Mom's birthday and I paid extra money for a "better" arrangement. But my Mom received horrible flowers, not even the flowers that appear in the FTD website picture but also half of the flowers. The only thing that fits with the picture in FTD web is the base. I called FTD customer service requesting a refund but the agent hung up on me and he didn't call me back. I called again and they said they will contact the florist and contact me back and that never happened. FTD customer service is as worst as their flowers.

Original review: March 18, 2018

On Thursday I ordered flowers online for my sister who is undergoing cancer treatment. The order was to be delivered on Friday. I received a confirmation email the same day. Today was the first time my sister felt up to talking and she said she did not receive the flowers. I called the 1800 # to speak to customer service. Before I go further it is important to say that everyone I spoke to during this entire experience has been extremely polite. The person that I spoke to explained that the flowers were not able to be delivered because there was not an FTD florist in Carson City, where the flowers were to be delivered.

I expressed my frustration because I was not notified of this. He explained an email was sent. I went back through my emails and I had not received email notification. I let him know that, and he proceeded to explain he could deliver a different arrangement that would be shipped. We spent 10 minutes on the phone (while I was on my computer) to identify an arrangement that would work. I was frustrated but he explained the arrangement would be delivered on Monday. He was very sincere and told me that the arrangement would be upgraded for the inconvenience. This was at 4:05pm today and the call ended at 4:18. At 4:30pm (12 minutes later) I receive an email that the “Product is unavailable” and that I would receive a full refund.

Obviously I was confused by this since I just got off the phone with them only 12 minutes earlier. So I called back. The gentleman I spoke to, again very polite, explained that my flowers could not be delivered because there was not an FTD florist in Carson City. You can imagine my surprise as this was the same exact reason the first order was not delivered and why I had called back and spent 10 minutes searching for an alternative arrangement that could be shipped. I tried to explain this to the gentleman on the phone and he got very confused. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The call was transferred and the supervisor answered “yes?”, with no other words. I asked if this was the supervisor and he then introduced himself. I asked if he was aware of my situation and he only knew that my flowers could not be ordered because there was no FTD in the city I was wanting to deliver to. This caused more frustration as I had to explain this issue again. He then proceeded to tell me that instead of Monday, they could deliver on Tuesday. I got frustrated asking why they wouldn’t have just called me to tell me that versus cancelling my order and then refunding me. He then said that he couldn’t deliver the flowers because there was not FTD florist in Carson City. I grew more frustrated and told him to just cancel the order and I hung up on him.

This is ridiculous. They are in the flower delivery business. This is all they do. Yet, for some reason, due to their processes or technology, or lack thereof, I had to spend an hour of my time trying to pay them money to do what their business does. The only thing their business does. Yet, no one could seem to get this right.

Original review: March 8, 2018

ORDER PLACED FEBRUARY 17 FOR DELIVERY ON MARCH 8 - This order was fine until the day of delivery when they didn't give any indication there was even an order until 5 pm when they called my daughter to tell her the delivery would be at 6 pm. At 6 pm, they called her again and said it wouldn't be until 7! I sent 3 emails and called "customer service" twice on March 8th to verify delivery. They told me it WAS DELIVERED, but since technology is instant, I texted my daughter who said they WERE NOT. Not only do they not process the order, but they lie about it as well. I requested a refund. The flowers were wilted upon delivery also and not like the bunch I selected in the order process. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you don't care about the product or service you are purchasing.

FTD Company Information