2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.36/5

FTD Reviews

Original review: March 1, 2020

I placed an order on Feb 11 2020 for a Sweet Surprised Bouquet with vase. Specifically for the exquisite version and I am very disappointed. It was not as full as the pictures and looked sad in person. The flowers only lasted a couple days. I purchased better quality flowers from Aldi for 1/8th the cost. Also the personalized message was misspelled - "exited" instead of "excited". On Feb 15 2020 I reached out to FTD via email to express my disappointment and I have not received any acknowledgement or response. Both the flowers I received and their lack of customer service is of poor quality.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Matthew. Could you email the order # and your contact info to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can help?

Original review: March 1, 2020

I ordered flowers online to be delivered. Everything on the site was done correctly and they processed my payment. Got an email the next morning that my order was being processed. Went to track my delivery next day and couldn’t find order. Called customer service and was told that they couldn’t find a florist in that area so was planning on sending a substitution in the next 3 days.

First, they NEVER notified me that they couldn’t deliver! Second, never asked my permission about changing my order. When I complained about my delivery not being made they threw the ‘fine print terms and conditions blurb’ at me. So unprofessional! Those flowers were for a funeral...that day is gone now.??? I had no time to make any other arrangements. Don’t trust this company, they will take your order and your money and do nothing but try and keep your dollar with substituting something inferior at their own convenience. I also had to wait 3-5 days to get my money back???? Horrible business practices, will never use again!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Dawn. Please email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com if there's anything we can do to help.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I ordered flowers for my daughter for her 30th birthday. She lives on the other side of the country and we couldn’t be together. I placed the order two weeks before her birthday to assure delivery. I received an email that the flowers were delivered at 3:36 that afternoon, yet when my daughter arrived home from work, there were no flowers. I called, and after being on hold for 45 mins, they claimed they tried to deliver them at 3:00 but needed a signature (which was never stated anywhere in my order receipt) even though the email said they were delivered at 3:36. The person was difficult to understand, and could have cared less about my situation. He refused to give me the name of the florist they used, saying it was against company policy to divulge that information. Really??? I asked for a refund so we’ll see if that ever shows up. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office. Don’t ever order flowers through FTD!

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience! Would you be willing to email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Ordered flowers for delivery. Got confirmation so i thought all is ok. A few hours later I receive an email that they won't deliver until the next day. Called customer service in India. Was put on hold for more than 1 hour. Called corporate. Was promised a call by am in the morning. I had to call to find out the person is not even working yet. Arrogant, rude, unreliable, expensive. Never will order with them again.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience! Would you mind emailing the order # to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can find out what happened?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Absolutely the worth!!! Did not delivered the flower arrangement to the funeral home and refused to provide the refund! Representative stated that it was delivered and signed by Funeral Home Director whose name they do not have. I got Funeral Home Director on the line to confirm there was no delivery done for that person. FTD representative had nothing else to say and just hand up the phone! Never again will I order from them.

FTD response

We're absolutely committed to making this right Ella. Would you mind sending the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I used FTD to send my daughter Valentines Days flowers. At 8:00 pm I was worried as they had not arrived. I called customer service and was in hold over 40 minutes. I could not understand a word the rep said. I finally said I want a refund. She agreed. Later my daughter got flowers, 1 rose, a daisy and tons of greens. About $3.25 worth of flowers. Someone from FTD reached out the next day, said I got a refund so I should be happy. I still don’t have the refund. My daughters valentines was messed up. The company said they would refund. They did not. I think they must be going out of business and don’t care. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CHEATS.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear of your experience Rob. Would you mind emailing the order # to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can find out what happened?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I am writing to express disappointment in your poor customer service. I placed an order three days before a funeral service for a family member. Your company called me one and a half hours before the service to tell me that you would have to substitute a different color flower, which I had no problem with, then I received another call saying that it was impossible to fulfill my order at all. I too am a business owner and I can tell you that your service or lack thereof is very poor business protocol. I would have made every effort to fulfill the order even if I had to take the loss for it in the name of good business. Your handling of the matter is simply unacceptable and I do not plan to do business with you again.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Deborah. Would you be willing to email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I ordered a dozen roses for my wife for Valentine's Day. When they arrived two of them were already dead and the others were starting to die. When we woke up the next morning they looked horrible and sagging. I emailed customer service on the 15th. They emailed me back saying how sorry they were and that they were going to send a replacement order. I’ve emailed them multiple times and have gotten no response. It is now the 21st and still haven’t heard back. I will never be ordering from them again. I could have bought flowers at my local supermarket for half the price I paid. Do not waste your money with this company.

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Ramon. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I purchased Valentine's Day bouquet for my sister whom this is her last one. She is critically ill and not long for the world. Today is the 21 of Feb and well past Valentine's day. Monday the 17 called they will get one redelivered out. Nope. Another call. Nope yesterday she got a birthday bouquet!!!! Yes a birthday not a Valentine's day one I ordered. Called again. Said they would get redelivered today and nope got a phone call saying "oh we couldn't secure a florist." Are you for real. If it is important use 800-Flowers from you. They have no clue what is going on. She never got flowers on the 14th and a week later they calling saying, "Well now we can't secure florist."

Well funny and good thing. The florist in Tulsa OK. When they Found out and loomed into it. Driver error and got the correct arrangement back to her just couple hours later. Whomever they were you are fantastic. FTD had and has no clue. Too many people departmentalized and so nothing is accomplished in a smooth organized fashion. Will never depend on FTD for any occasion ever again. It was seriously her last Valentine's Day.

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Alayne. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Got to get this off my chest and warn others about using FTD. I went through the funeral home website to order flowers for my dearest friend Betty's wake/funeral. It took a matter of an hour for them to hit my credit card account for the purchase. The flowers were to be delivered Tues., 2/18! Checking emails this morning, Wed., 2/19 I found that FTD had sent me an email at 6:30AM the day after the flowers were to be delivered that they could not fill my order!!!! Wouldn't a phone call as soon as they realized their shortcoming have saved the grief I am going through now?? Now what do I do??? You can't redo a funeral!!

I tried emailing to get refund and the order number that FTD put on the email would not go through on their website! Got home from funeral and called FTD. Only had to go through FOUR reps before someone could find my order by the order number they provided me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry just doesn't give me any comfort since my best friend is buried and there were no flowers from me. Then to put salt on the wound they said the refund would take three to four DAYS after taking an hour to snap it out of my account.

Words can not tell you how upset I am with FTD and this was my first time with them and my LAST. Now as I have let as many people on FB know how bad my experience was, they are asking me to email them and then they called and left a message. Guess what? Called back THREE times and every time reached a recording and as of today, NO call back. FTD DOES NOT CARE, ONLY TRIES TO PUT A FRONT UP!! The grief and despair they have caused me is unthinkable!!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Catherine. Could you email the order # and your contact info to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can help?

FTD Company Information