2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.9/5 (2573 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Flowers were never delivered to funeral location. Upon calling FTD, they couldn't tell me anything. They couldn't even tell me what business was supposed to deliver the flowers. The representative said they would do an investigation but he also said FTD would never get back with me to find out the results of the investigation. They protect the incompetent vendor that they contracted with via their "privacy policy" but screw the customer. They owe me more than just a refund.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this. Please email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I ordered flowers that were never delivered. FTD customer service called me this morning. As I was explaining the issue, she commented “thank you for taking this call” and hung up on me. Seriously????

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Debbie! Please send your contact information along with the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com so that a member of our team can reach out to help.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We ordered flowers a week prior to the memorial service for my mother. We received confirmation through email and we confirmed on the phone. The morning of the service (about 4 AM) we received an email confirming the flowers would be delivered on time, so we didn't feel the need to call again. Our hands were full with traveling to the church and finalizing the service details with the minister. As the start of the service approached, we noticed the flowers hadn't been delivered. We called and were told that basically the florist notified them at 9:30 AM they didn't have the flowers for the spray. FTD emailed us - a critical, time sensitive situation and they email us to tell us they can't deliver the flowers, but would we like them a few days later to another address, or credit our payment!

First, why didn't they call us? This was for a memorial service, there is nowhere else to send flowers. Had they called us we could have stopped at a local florist and asked for something to have at the funeral. Instead, this situation added to the emotional sadness we were experiencing over the loss of a loved one. When speaking to Customer Service, they could only apologize and refund our money. They could not explain why they did not use the phone number provided "in case we have to reach you" on the order form. Of course, they would not provide the name of the florist (due to agreements), so we could not write a review on the actual florist. FTD guarantees delivery, but did not follow through.

Because of their lack of following their own process, our mother's service was without the flowers she loved so much - that was the whole point. We purposely ordered the most colorful spray for her and there were none at her funeral. It looked pretty sad and empty at the front of the church. It really marred our last goodbye to our mother.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and if there's anything we can do Russ please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com

Resolution response: Aug. 23, 2021

FTD immediately reached out, apologized and made good on behalf of their local florist's mistakes. They handled it the best and most efficient way they could. Kudos to FTD and I will remain a loyal customer.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I have been a long time FTD customer and have had good to fair experiences. I placed 2 orders this past week for delivery in 2 different states. I was notified that the deliveries were made when they actually were not. I called FTD and they promised they would be delivered the next day. That did not happen either. When I called again they said they were delivered. Absolutely the worst service and I will never use FTD again.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Dave. Please email the order numbers to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend who is a teacher for the first day of school. It's now the end of the second day of school and the flowers were never delivered. Was called by the FTD order center and they said the delivery person was there delivering at the school at like 7pm. School has been closed for many hours at that time. What idiot goes to an elementary school that late. The next day still no delivery so where are the flowers that were attempted to have been delivered the evening prior? My guess the actual delivery was a LIE!!! Chat option on FTD website provided me NO satisfaction on a remedy for the problem. Gave me grief on requesting a refund. So angry with failed service and customer service.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this! Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Ordered on 2 Aug 21 to be delivered on 9 Aug 21. Email received saying scheduled for delivery between 8-6pm. Reached out to FTD to let them know she would not be there after 4pm. They refused to provide me the information to let the florist know and said they told the florist. The flowers were not delivered in time and she did not get them before leaving work! I could've picked up my own flowers and drove to work to give them to her myself! Do not use them!!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Leonard. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: July 27, 2021

Hello All, I ordered the "You're Precious Bouquet" for my girlfriend's Birthday (July 2021). Expecting to pay an arm and a leg for good flowers with same day delivery the price point wasn't bad! $82 and some change total with delivery. She received the flowers way earlier than expected (time wise) and being curious I asked to see what they looked like as I ordered the "Deluxe" version and was curious...This is where true disappointment set in. Even at the price point of $65, this bouquet didn't appear to be any more than some $10 flowers from Giant in a vase with some extra greenery...

Calmly, I then called the customer service line to see what could be done. I let the representative know the bouquet I ordered my order number; found me no problem. I told her the issue was: the bouquet wasn't up to standards of what they're advertising on their site. I let her know I even ordered the "Deluxe" one so that even if I was getting gypped for expensive flowers it would be full! I feel not wanting to admit the wrong the representative then proceeded to tell me I only ordered the Original (cost of: $50) even then, what was received didn't fit what fifty dollars of flowers looks like.

After speaking for another 20 min I was 'assured' another bouquet would be sent out "today or tomorrow". I asked for a tracking number or some kind of receipt that this call happened and they were unable to provide any of that information. Next time I'll be picking them out myself and not recommending FTD to anyone I know! Be smart folks - don't let the pictures fool you.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this! Please send the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: July 27, 2021

After my credit card information was given to FTD, I was billed for an amount higher than what was advertised. Also, for a second subsequent order, the bill did not show the Gold card benefits for which I had paid $30 annual fee. Calling customer service did not help to resolve the problem. As per FTD processing, Gold card annual renewal payment by default is automatic. No clear procedure is provided to cancel the automatic renewal of Gold card membership. Therefore, I sent a letter requesting cancellation of automatic renewal billing of Gold card membership renewal. FTD process is convoluted and confounding. They collect credit card data first, and then provide all the billing data, with many higher than advertised amounts.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I ordered flowers for my sister a week ago. They arrived damaged and wilted. I called to express my concern and was told that a replacement bouquet would be supplied. Two days go by and nothing. FTD finally contacted me and told me that the first bouquet would have to be picked up THEN a replacement bouquet would be supplied...nothing. Today I finally called and demanded a full refund which the girl I spoke with told me would be credited back to my card. Will be shocked if I get the refund.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Kimberly. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I paid $99 dollars for my mother’s birthday flower arrangement. I received a false delivery confirmation from FTD. So I contacted customer service. They assured me that flower arrangement is on its way and my mother going to get it any minute. Unfortunately it’s 8:48pm and no flowers. Customer service offered to deliver flowers the next day. Which is kind of pointless because my mom’s birthday is today. I would NEVER order flowers from them again.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Anastasia. Please send the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a flower arrangement on Friday to be delivered to a friend the following day. I placed my order and received a confirmation email. The following day I received another email stating that the flowers were scheduled for delivery that day...except they NEVER arrived. I called the 800 number (a call center staffed by employees I had a difficult time understanding) to determine what happened. I was told they would still be delivered that day, except it was now 9:30 pm and I was fairly certain no one would be making a delivery after that hour. I called again, this time I was told to wait, they would arrive the next day...except they didn't. A third call to the 800 number produced no explanation for what had happened to the flowers so I requested a refund and then located a local flower shop that actually did deliver what I ordered. Never again will I use FTD (Fail To Deliver).

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Lizabeth! Could you email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: June 25, 2021

I made arrangements for flowers to be sent to my Uncle's funeral (as I live 700 mile away). FTD failed to deliver the flowers and I was not made aware of their inexcusable negligence until the following week. How embarrassing to think what my deceased Uncle, friends and family thought of me. FTD owes me more than a refund. FTD= FAIL TO DELIVER

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Guy, and would like to look into this. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: June 21, 2021

I ordered flowers for my wife’s anniversary to be delivered on a Friday. They were delivered until Monday and of course the flowers were dead by the time she got them. Since they tell you to wait until 8 PM local time, I didn’t get a chance to go somewhere else and buy her flowers. I did get a reimbursement, but how do you calculate ruining the surprise and plans for the day?

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Sam! Please email your contact information along with the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I paid $90 to have a flower arrangement delivered. It was never received by the intended recipient. I wrote to ask about a refund, but not only did I not receive a refund, the company didn’t even respond to several inquiries. I spent $90 on nothing, in other words. And the company has been completely unprofessional.

FTD response

We're committed to resolving this with you Zachary. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can have a member of our team reach out to you.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Ordered flowers 8 days ahead for my friend of over 58 years for her birthday. Waited all day for the flowers to be delivered to her and at 9:00 p.m. they still weren’t delivered. They cancelled order.

FTD response

We'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this Barbara. Please email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: June 6, 2021

I just can't believe it! I am so upset! I ordered flowers for a dear friend of mine last week because I could not make it to her memorial YESTERDAY. I get an email this morning that my flowers would be delivered TODAY! It's a church! There may or may not be anyone there to get them! I paid over $100 for those and went with them because they were recommended by the legacy website! I called and canceled it and boy did that little girl get an earful this morning. I asked her why are they even on the legacy website if they can't keep up with the dates on the obituaries!?!? Ugh! Idk what I am going to do now! I'm so upset!!!! I do not recommend. Find a local company that's competent!

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Heather! Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can look into this further.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister the Wednesday before mother's day this year. I was notified by FTD that they would arrive Friday before mother's day. They arrived 3 days later than Friday and were wilted and horrible. I immediately asked for my shipping charges to be refunded and that happened right away. However they then promised to have the flowers redelivered to arrive within 3 days. They are scheduled to be delivered on May 25th!! That is over a week since the first ones arrived damaged and late! When I called to tell them to forget it, that I just wanted a refund for the cost of the flowers they said no. This is the first and LAST time I will ever buy flowers from this company. Delivery and product is highly unsatisfactory and although the customer service agents were very nice, their accents were so thick it was hard to understand them. Customer service is great. Delivery is horrible.

FTD response

We're committed to making this right Christine! Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 19, 2021

FTD is hit or miss. Sometimes I can get a really great bouquet and other times it seems like they do the bare minimum. I think it really depends on the local florist who fills the orders. Most times they are an approximation of what the picture online actually looks like.

FTD response

If there's anything we can help with Katrina please feel free to email us here at communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Used company twice to send flowers to Fla. Each time the flowers were dead once and the 2nd time they were wilted and in disarray in package. Very disappointed and will never use them again. Repeat never ever use that company again..

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Tom, and are committed to helping. Could you email the order numbers along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have used this flower service several times and I have been very happy with their flower arrangements and their delivery services every time. They are prompt and deliver the flowers on time. The delivery drivers are very nice. Overall, this is a great flower company.

FTD response

Thanks for taking the time to share Stephanie!

Original review: May 16, 2021

Have used several of these. Fits best w/ great quality and reliability. Good selection and good prices. Have sent Mother’s Day, Birthday, holidays. No complaints and right on time. Have had flowers, plants, fruit, and candy delivered all over the country.

FTD response

We're so glad that we can always be there for you Rosalyn!

Original review: May 15, 2021

I've Had some really good experiences with FTD sending and receiving flowers to my MOM, and from Daughter. This particular company has been around and I've always heard and seen nothing but Excellent Customer Care and Service with some Awesome smelling Flowers with Unconditional Lasting Memories. Thank You FTD????

FTD response

Wow! Thanks for sharing Jamaal.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I paid 75.00 to send flowers to my mom and a week later still no flowers. They charge you and don’t deliver- never called or said they could not deliver. They want to keep your money and not delivered flowers!!!!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Jeffrey. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 14, 2021

Got nice flower set but three days later despite changing solution and cut stem under water all went dead early indicating those flowers were old before delivering it to me. Very disappointed. Independent Shop was part of FTD network rather ftd shops.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Rafael so please send an email with the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: May 13, 2021

I never write reviews, let alone negative ones. I ordered approximately 3.5 weeks ago for Mother's Day. I was sent an email saying that my order was supposed to show up on the 9th (Mother's Day) but it never came. I then saw all the negative reviews all over the internet but thought I'd give them a chance. I contacted them and said that I wasn't mad that my order was late despite their email saying otherwise, I just wanted to know where exactly it was. I got no response but figured they were busy, it being Mother's Day.

"My" order showed up the next day. Although the exterior envelope was addressed to the right person, both the interior CARD AND THE BOUQUET were addressed to the wrong person AND it was the wrong bouquet entirely!! They completely botched the delivery! I spent quite a bit of money on this order and I am not a happy. I understand Mother's Day is a busy holiday for Florists, probably their busiest all year, but I still can't believe they let this happen. It's not like it's the first mother's day and I ordered in advance.

It's been 4 days and I have yet to hear back from the company despite multiple emails asking for them to either correct their error or just refund my $110.79. I seriously paid that much just to get screwed over and it seems like without much chance for a refund through them. It's my first time being away from home and I wanted to do something special but now I've been stressed about this along with studying for exams. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Matthew. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 13, 2021

They offer helpful advice and follow through as promised. Very friendly on the phone and obviously very knowledgeable. The contact information was easy to find and the website easy to circumnavigate.

FTD response

This is super feedback Mike - thank you!

Original review: May 12, 2021

It's been awhile since I ordered flowers but when I did FTD was and is an familiar name for me. Especially when I was in the military when you have to order flowers over the phone to get to either a friend or family member. Whether it was for a wedding or funeral or bridal shower. Sending flowers or plants always shows family how you feel and they were thought of. I know I enjoy getting flowers from my children and friends. So having a company that delivers is always a great service in my book.

FTD response

This is so wonderful to hear about Marci!

Original review: May 11, 2021

This company is excellent and delivers flowers freshly. This company is fast with delivery and very prompt with delivery information. Fair pricing and very nice arrangements.

FTD response

We're glad you feel this way Giselly!

Original review: May 10, 2021

The flowers I ordered did not seem worth the price that I paid. I’ve put together more beautiful arrangements myself for less at a grocery store but I was having these delivered to my mom in another city. They did not look bad but seemed small for the price. Also, the vase was ugly. The photo was a modern looking cylinder shaped vase with gold accent. What was sent wasn’t even a similar shape. I hate that I spent my Money on this. I usually look at reviews before ordering things online but I didn’t this time so I’m taking this as a loss for not doing any research.

FTD response

Hi Mika - Quality is our priority, and we're really sorry your order wasn't up to par. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order details, and we'll make it right.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my mother and sister for Mother’s Day, May 9th 2021. I ordered the flowers 3 weeks in advance and was set to have them delivered the day before MD and paid over $100 for the flowers. I received an email from FTD that the flowered I ordered delivered. Ok. This is the day before mother’s which was 5/8/2021 and I’m just patiently waiting for my mom and sister to call or send pics because it was supposed to be a surprise. So several hrs go by and now it’s almost 11pm and I’m like something doesn’t seem right. So I call my family to ask did the flowers deliver, they said no but just to be sure they took a look around the outside of the house just in case they hid them from porch pirates.

Well I called customer service and asked what was the situation and they suggested that I wait another day to see if the delivery takes place and I’m actually offended at this point because how can you not only take my money but then lie and say you delivered the product and they have absolutely no way of confirming if their flowers are even delivered to the customer. Thank to my mother who has a camera system so we we able to verify that the delivery did not take place. Pathetic company...shouldn’t even be in business if you're going to ** people especially for special occasions when there are plenty of other local florist or markets I could have easily chosen from but instead went with FTD and they just ruined it for us. I give them zero stars!

FTD response

We'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this Tara. Could you email the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com?

FTD Company Information