1.31/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1069 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I put an order through on February 8th and accidentally cancelled it when trying to message them about a giftcard code that I had and they didnt ask for it at check out. I called them immediately and told them I do not want to cancel it. The woman on the phone said, "Okay no worries, your order will be delivered on the 12th as promised." I said, "Okay, you're positive?" She said yes. So on Monday the 11th, I got an email saying it was cancelled. I called them and the lady said, "She cancelled it and refunded you, you can go back on and reorder it." So I ordered it AGAIN for the 13th. I check the tracking on the 13th and it says should be delivered by the end of the day on the 14th. I called them and said what is the point of choosing a date if you're going to just pick whatever date you want to deliver it?? I will never use this service again. I've had other bad experiences with them and tried to give them another chance. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I ordered a Valentine's arrangement for my fiancé on Monday, February 11, 2019. I received an email on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 stating that the product that I chose was not available in my area and to contact their customer service department. I spoke with a lady in customer service who told me that they could not substitute another product and that my money would be refunded. She then went on to say that I could choose another product on their website and complete a totally different transaction to get flowers delivered to my fiancé. I explained to the lady that I just wanted a refund. She told me that she would send a confirmation email to my inbox indicating my choice to receive a refund.

More than two hours later, another representative from FTD contacted me and asked if it was okay if the local florist used a different vase for the flowers that I ordered. I explained to this customer service representative that my order was supposedly cancelled. The representative told me that there was no indication on my account that my order was cancelled. I explained to the representative that I did indeed wish to cancel my order. Once again, I was told that an email indicating that my order was cancelled was being sent to my inbox. I am very frustrated and I’ll be surprised if I ever see my money again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I order flowers for my boyfriend on Friday to be delivered Monday. I got an email stating that they were delivered but they were not. So I tried to call and figure out what was going on with the order. The person who answered could not have been more rude. She argued with me about them being delivered. She did not offer to help. Only after I asked for the Sup, she offered to call the florist. They said they tried calling him - they did not. She said there was nothing and I have to wait. I asked her to change it in the system to 'not delivered' she told me she could not do that either. I ended up canceling the order because the flowers never showed up. They also would not give me the florist information to call them. All around it was a terrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I ordered flowers through USAA FTD for a young single woman for Valentine’s Day. The flowers I picked were shown in a baby boy vase. I asked if I could have a clear plain vase and was told yes - no problem. I stressed the importance of getting the vase correct and I questioned the size and number of flowers. I ordered the “exquisite” version. Well...the flowers arrived in the new baby boy vase and the flowers looked nothing like the photo. I complained so they replaced the order with the correct vase but this time the flowers looked even worse. I will not order from USAA again. It is a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Wanted to send my daughter a 'new baby' arrangement in the hospital to mark the arrival of my first grandchild. First FTD emailed me to tell me that 'no local florists will deliver to that hospital because of parking issues' (which I later found out was a lie, all the local florists deliver there) and then told me that the product I ordered was not available in that market so they'd have to substitute something else (which I reluctantly agreed to).

Since they wouldn't deliver to the hospital, they asked for another address and I gave my daughter's home (which is gated) and told them to call her if the gate was shut, and gave her phone #. They said this was fine. Two days go by, my daughter never said anything so I asked if she received the flowers. She said no. So I called FTD AGAIN and they could not explain why no delivery. First tried to say they didn't have the second order, but when I proved to them they credited my credit card for the first order and then charged me again, they found the second order with the new address (but still couldn't explain non-delivery).

I asked why they opened a second order when they could just have changed the address on the first one (again, no explanation). Finally I told them to forget it, credit my account for the second order as well and cancel everything. What a waste of four days and I missed the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to send flowers to my daughter IN THE HOSPITAL for the new baby. I subsequently researched local florists and every one of them said on their websites that they deliver to that hospital. I placed an order directly with one of them and they delivered same day. It seemed to me like FTD just wants to take your money and either deliver an inferior product or not bother to deliver at all (and doesn't bother to tell you they didn't, either). They're horrible and I will never use them again or recommend them. 1800Flowers or Teleflora is far better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The online order was placed for a funeral in a small town and the company charged my account. However, the day of the scheduled delivery I was told unfortunately they can’t place the order unless I provide another address other than the funeral home. The home address is also in the same small town so the customer service rep continued to imply the order could be delivered to the home the next day. The company actually couldn’t make a delivery at all to the town and wasted my time and money by allowing the order to be placed and acting like they can resolve my issue. I would have rather my refund be issued instead of wasting time I could have spent trying to find another florist.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I ordered a specific order for same day delivery, paid extra for same day, upgraded to the next size up, more flowers, etc. Well it wasn’t even close to what I ordered. I get the substitution if not available but this wasn’t even in the same country. After calling and on hold because they could find my order they refunded me $4.99 same day delivery fee, and that’s it. Not even, "I'm sorry for the mix up". I have learned my lesson and will not order from FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I recently purchased flowers for my aunt’s funeral and they arrived nothing to what I paid for. When emailing the company I received NO response back from them. I paid for a lovely wreath full for beautiful flowers with barely any greenery and in returned received a wreath that was more green than anything. It was so sad. My sister also ordered a vase for my aunt’s funeral, she paid more money for the fuller vase and in return received the same amount of flowers as the cheaper version. I can only imagine what that one would have looked like if she ordered it. I Will NEVER EVER order flowers from them again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

What a disappointment. I spent $78 for an arrangement for a friend's surgery. The bouquet was nothing like what I ordered. I called and they said they would get a new bouquet out right away and I would get an email notification of delivery. 2 days later a new bouquet arrived and still no email notification. The bouquets shown on their website are FALSE advertising 'cause you're not getting what you think you're ordering. Very poor quality and very poor customer service. I will NEVER use again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

FTD promised and guaranteed a Saturday delivery and it didn’t happen until Sunday. 25+ emails and ten days later and still no refund for their screw up. Worst service ever!!! Avoid FTD. They do not stand behind their satisfaction guarantee!!! If you use a credit card, dispute the charges from FTD. Go on social media and tell all your friends not to use FTD.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I ordered a flower bouquet for my girlfriend's birthday, which was easy enough to navigate through on the website. Sunday delivery was also a big plus, but that's where the positive things end. I was supposed to get a confirmation for my order within 24 hours, but the confirmation never came. So I sent an email to ask if my order came through and is being processed. My email got ignored and I didn't get a reply. I tried checking the status of my order, but all it said was that it is being processed by a florist and I will get an email. I never got a status update email.

Three days after I had placed my order I still didn't get any reply, so I sent another email and told them to cancel my order. And you probably guessed right, I still didn't get a reply. In the end my order came through and got delivered although I asked them to cancel it. I had ordered flowers from a different service in the meantime so that I got charged twice now. If any of the people working at FTD would be capable of reading and replying to customer mails, this wouldn't have happened. This is horrible customer service and I can't recommend anyone to use this service ever. Go look somewhere else for your own sake.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I ordered flowers online for a family in another town whose loved one had died for a group of friends. I put in the address and they took my order. On the day of delivery I checked the status at 3pm after hearing nothing and not a single thing had been done. They just said they couldn't secure a florist in that town. I was not alerted in any way that it was not happening. Every florist online was closed at that point on Saturday. They are telling me I'll be refunded, but we'll see how smoothly that goes. Will never use this service again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

This has to be the worst floral delivery company. My boyfriend ordered flowers to be delivered on my 55th birthday at my office. The flowers never showed up and no one at customer service knew where the flowers were. The flowers were supposed to be delivered on a Friday at my office. They shipped them in a box through the postal service. They sat at the Post Office from Friday, 1/11/19 (my birthday) until Monday when picked up by our company's mailroom. Needless to say only 4 out of 24 roses opened and by Wednesday there were half dead and by Friday of that week they were all dead. Who mails fresh flowers in a box through the Postal Service? My advice is never ever used this company for floral service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers for a special birthday to be delivered on 1/24. I ordered them a week early to make sure they had plenty of time. They were delivered the same day after specifically asking to have them delivered on the 24th. The birthday surprise is ruined. When I called customer service to tell them what happened, it was suggested by Christian that I have them send the same bouquet on the 24th. That makes absolutely no sense. He talked me into ordering a different bouquet to "make it better." He offered me a small discount ($8.00) and told me the other bouquet would be refunded. Instead of refunding me, they charged me the same amount twice.

After staying on hold for about 20 minutes, I was told by supervisor Lawrence that the way they work is to charge the same amount and then discount the offered discount. What?! Then he offered me an additional 40% discount. So now, I have two charges on my card with the promise of three refunds in 24 hours. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. I wish I would have done more research. I will NEVER order anything from them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I will never use FTD.com again. I ordered flowers to be delivered on a specific date (with plenty of time to meet that date) and received an email that it was delivered but my recipient did not receive. When I called the next day and reported it they said they would contact the florist and get upgraded flowers delivered that day but that also did not happen. Apparently the florist contacted my recipient and arranged for a Monday delivery (this was a Saturday) so then FTD tried to tell my recipient changed the date but that was not the case.

I called on Monday and was once again assured UPGRADED flowers would be sent and I fought and finally received a 20% discount but still not enough because it did not cover the delivery fee that was charged for the original Friday delivery. I got a picture of the flowers sent and I question if they even looked like the picture of the original flowers - seemed much smaller so no way was it an upgrade! Bottom line I will NEVER use FTD again - I understand problems happen but the customer service was not at all what I would expect!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a lovely basket of flowers for my aunt's funeral. The flowers that were delivered were nothing like the ones I had ordered. Contacted FTD.com for refund three times. No response. Horrible business. They should be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mom for her birthday because I was disappointed I could not make it out to see her that weekend. Ordering was easy, the selections were beautiful. They took my money no problem. However, my mom never received the flowers. It was devastating to me. And FTD sent me an email letting me know the delivery was on the way. When my mom said she didn't receive the delivery I inquired only to be sent an email stating the flowers were delivered. Where?? At this point no one could answer my questions. Losing money is one thing but the fact that my mom did not receive the flowers for her birthday was even worse. I used this company because like others I thought it was reputable. IT IS NOT! Use someone else if you actually want a product. Wish I'd read the reviews first.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My flowers don't look nothing like what the picture that I ordered them from nor was they delivered on the "guaranteed" same day. I read a lot of my issues on this site but still ordered, please believe me and these complaints.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered flowers online for a family after their recent experience of several deaths. The flowers that I ordered were beautiful, The delivery time was great, but the flowers that were delivered were completely wrong! They looked awful compared to what I requested. The colors nor flowers were right. I could have walked around my neighborhood and picked those flowers and put them together myself. Lesson learned, will never order flowers online again!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered to a funeral and the bouquet had probably half of the amount of flowers than the picture that is provided online. No way there was $50 worth of flowers. I have the pictures as proof. Very dissatisfied and will never order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Extremely disappointed in the level of customer service from FTD. I paid $110 for same day delivery that never happened. I get an email stating that the room that my mom was in was not allowed to receive flowers, which was a complete lie. My mom was in the room and receiving flowers from others. FTD said this florist would keep trying to deliver. Fast forward 30 hours later, and all I hear is crickets. No update, no delivery, nothing. Trying to call FTD is an absolute nightmare. I had to try 3-4 times to get through and when I get through I couldn't even understand the person on the phone.

I then had to go through over 10 minutes of verifying my order, which this rep had all the information I already gave him, name, delivery address, order number, etc. Super frustrating. Then all I wanted was to cancel the order and get my money back. So I'm put on hold two times again. Then a supervisor "Grace" gets on the phone and doesn't even ask what she could do for me to make this right.

She insisted the florist tried to deliver yesterday and couldn't. When I asked why they haven't delivered today since it's been over 30 hours she asked if I called the florist which is hard to do because FTD never supplied the name of the florist. After much pain and frustration I was told I would get a refund. I will never purchase from FTD nor any florist affiliated with FTD because of this experience. FTD did not care, did not ask to make it right, did not deliver as promise and did not provide good customer service. All I wanted to do is brighten my mother's day and all I got in return was frustration from FTD.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

It was a small funeral and there weren't very many flowers. If the flowers I ordered were there it would have been easy to find them. They weren't. I stepped out into the foyer of the mortuary and called FTD to inquire about the order. They put me through about 10 minutes of verifying the order. I was at the viewing and told them so. They were very disrespectful of the situation and required a lot of information from me before they would even look up the order. Then they put me on hold for about 10 minutes. I finally hung up. They didn't even try to call back.

I called again the following morning and went through the whole verification routine again. Then they came back on the phone and told me the flowers had been delivered. I told them they had not and I wanted my money back. They offered to have them delivered to the residence but what good is that? The funeral was over. They agreed to refund my money to my credit card and I told them if it wasn't I would contest the charge on my card. The worst part of this experience wasn't that the flowers weren't delivered. Mistakes happen. The worst part is their customer service. It's terrible. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered the “I’ll be Home” bouquet in exquisite for my mother for Christmas and I was utterly disappointed by what was delivered, the bouquet was nothing like what I was promised through their website. What arrived included flowers that were not supposed to be in the bouquet, the greenery was thrown over the flowers and was clearly added at the last second, and the green foam that the flowers are in was visible from the side.

I immediately called FTD, to ask for a new one (exactly like what the website showed) to be delivered the next day, and the woman said, "Not a problem. It would be there for Christmas Eve." Nothing arrived on Christmas Eve, so I called back and asked again for a new one to be delivered on Boxing Day, and I was told that it would be there on Boxing Day. Again nothing arrived. I called a third time on the 26th and asked for a new arrangement to be sent and the woman guaranteed it would be there by the 27th. Big surprise, nothing arrived!! I finally called back on the 29th and spoke with a manager and once again explained my whole situation, only to find out that nothing had even been marked on my file/order to show that I was to be sent a new bouquet.

The manager could’ve cared less, and said it would be impossible to send me a new bouquet at this point because my original order had been refunded. When I pressed him again saying that I don’t care that my original order was refunded, I still wanted a new bouquet sent to my mother, the most he could do was offer me a $25 gift card for my next order (which doesn’t even comparable to all the crap I went through with customer service). All in all, they care very little about their customers and about the quality of their products and services. I will never be ordering from them again and I will not be recommending them to anyone in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Christmas Eve. I ordered them a few days in advance. Not only were they not delivered but FTD never contacted me. I contacted them on the 26th and they said they were sorry and that they would deliver them the next day and would refund the amount charged to my CC. Today they still have not been delivered and when I called they told me it was because they were out of that bouquet. That's it! They never planned to call me. Today is the 29th and they told me they will deliver the flowers on the 3rd. Oh and should they change the card to "Happy New Year". No apologies or anything. I will never order from FTD again. Keep your USAA discount!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After numerous attempts to contact the company l was able to send an email and get a response stating that delivery could not be completed because no one is there. It was a place of business which I confirmed was open. Several more attempts to contact them took me to the Philippines and then to Illinois. I was given a refund. No loss to them, but my gift to my wife on her birthday was ruined by FTD. Never again!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The assistance was wonderful, the selection was so-so, the price seemed - pricey. I might order again. The flowers arrived on time, my sister was pleased, and the gentleman who helped me was simply fantastic.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I wish I would have read review before using this company, but I always looked at FTD a reputable company. After reading reviews everyone has the same problem. FTD does not deliver. I was so patient. Flowers should have been delivered on Friday Dec 21, but the evening I called FTD and inquired they didn't have an answer. Promise me an email with an update, no email. Saturday I felt confident they would deliver, no delivery. FTD subcontracts with these florist and they don't have a better means of communication to avoid a break in customer service??? They lied and said they try to deliver but no was home and no one answered the phone. I said funny, my mother is 88 years old, where would she be??? Why didn't the florist call me?

So because of this company's lack of work ethics, it had such a huge impact on my mother's Christmas. These flowers was one additional gift to put a smile on her face and your company stole that from her. I will never?!!! Purchase anything from your company again. And I would warn anyone that is purchasing flowers don't order from this company from the reviews I am not the first. How many times does your company keep the proceeds and the buyer never realized you didn't deliver???

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Wish I had come to this site before ordering. Ordered flowers for our 45th wedding anniversary. Received an order confirmation. Then received another confirmation that the flowers would be delivered on anniversary date. No flowers. Customer service was no help. Just saying maybe they would be delivered two days late. Will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter. They delivered a day later, but they couldn't find a flower shop that had the arrangement I ordered. Wasn't anything exotic and they did finally find someone who did. I was happy they did not send substitute flowers because I ordered the ones I did for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My boss ordered flowers for my father's funeral and they never showed up yet he received an email stated they were delivered. (And they were not cheap flowers either.) He called them and they told him I could only receive 1 set of flowers for the funeral (my aunt also got me flowers but they were half dead). Even if that was the case which I know is not true. Why send that email? Why even let the purchase go through? This company is horrible and don't know how they're even still on business.

FTD Company Information