2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.47/5

FTD Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
        Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I ordered two items. One was delivered and of good quality (snack pack). The other was not- I ordered the sunflowers, and they never opened, plus one was broken. This order was for my mother's birthday, which is also on Valentine's day. They arrived on time 2/12. I contacted customer service, and they gave me the option of re-delivery or just a refund. I opted for a refund (flowers only, as the gift pack was fine), and never got a response or confirmation. I sent another email 6 days later, saying I haven't heard back. Crickets. I don't understand what the problem is. I saved all the emails and have the payment records. Unfortunately my mom lives 2 hours away, I don't see her until the 22nd, and she does not know how to do photos on her old-fashioned cell phone. Still, the dropped contact is inexcusable.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Kari. Would you be willing to email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I ordered these lovely flowers for my mother's 91st birthday. They were not delivered. The security camera shows someone with the flowers entering the lobby of the condo building but never ringing the bell for entry. They tried the door, and finding it locked (it's a security door!) just left. They came back a few minutes later, tried the door again (of course, it was still locked!) and walked away. The florist did not attempt to call for assistance (her phone number was provided) nor did they follow the directions, clearly posted in the lobby, for deliveries. Yet, they sent me two emails saying that delivery had been made. This is our second bad experience with FTD. The first time, they delivered the wrong flowers. There will not be a third experience.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Diane. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I ordered flowers on Feb 16th because my aunt passed away. I got an email saying the delivery would be delayed because of the holiday Monday. I followed the instructions on the email and rescheduled the delivery for the following day. They were never delivered. When I called customer service I spoke with 2 agents and a supervisor, all who told me they couldn't access my order...the order was canceled...they can't make any changes. My card was still charged $138. And now I gave zero information about my order or if it will ever be delivered. Horrible service. Won't use this company again.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and would like to look into this Tammy. Please email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that we can look into this. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I placed an order for delivery for flowers on the 15 of February. I received an email that there was a delay in delivery and that I would be granted a 20.00 refund. Today is February 18 and the flowers have not been delivered and I have not received any updates. So, I decided to call. I spoke to two different individuals who told me there was no florist available. I asked why I had not been given that information previously or provided with updates. I solely was provided an apology with an offer for the 20.00 refund and again with no guarantee as to when the flowers would be delivered. This is unacceptable service. I have not been able to talk to anyone who could solve the problem so I asked them if they could not deliver by today to please give me a refund.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Helen. Would you be willing to email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Updated on 02/18/2020: Follow up on previous review: shortly after my initial review was posted I was sent an email saying that the item that I ordered for Valentine's day delivery was not available. This is sucks days after the order was placed and four days after the delivery date. They said they'd like to replace it with another item. Sure, replace it with anything similar as long as you can have it here by Valentine's day...four days ago. Not good enough.

Original review: Ordered a nice arrangement to be delivered to a work address on Valentine's day. Delivery was never made, nor did I get an email saying there was a problem of any kind. No contact from FTD at all. I sent an email with the order number and info the next day. There has been no response at all from anyone at FTD. My payment was taken on time, though, so at least the folks over there who do THAT part of the job are efficient.

FTD response

We're absolutely committed to making this right Scott. Please email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I don’t often do reviews, but my experiences with FTD are forcing me to warn others. I have two different complaints, one on Feb. 13 and one on Feb. 14. Both complaints were submitted via the FTD website last week. I have received no reply from FTD on either of these issues. Two emails were sent to FTD today. Both emails have bounced back. Hoping someone will actually read this and reply.

February 14: I sent a friend of mine a bouquet of flowers for “Valentine’s Day.” The flowers arrived, and some flowers were brown and one had mold on it. Nothing says “I Love You” like moldy flowers, right? February 13: I accidentally used the wrong address on an order for a different friend. A notification was sent to my friend about the delivery, so she alerted me to the mistake. When I contacted customer service via chat, I was notified that the label had already been created and it was unable to be changed — even though the flowers had not been shipped yet.

When I asked what would happen once the flowers were delivered and rejected, I was notified that they would just sit in a warehouse until someone claimed them. I was horribly disappointed in both of these responses. I was given no options to either change the address or retrieve these flowers if they were rejected by the recipient at the incorrect address and absolutely no sympathy or customer service oriented replies via the chat. No offer to help me place a new order, no offer me to connect me to a manager who may be able to bypass the system, nothing. I went ahead and ordered a whole new bouquet from a different company, and I’m glad that I did because hers could have been moldy like the other one! I’ve been an FTD Gold Member for years and have never had issues until now, but these experiences have been pretty frustrating. I have cancelled my FTD membership and will be taking my business elsewhere moving forward.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Lynn! Could you please email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can help?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I bought Two dozen roses to be delivered at the morning of Valentine's Day. These flowers came from UPS to which I didn't want in the first place with a vase. That is the smallest vase I have ever seen and could not hold all 24 roses. We finally got the roses in a bigger vase that we had in our house, However, upon waking up next morning, All flowers were wilting and appear to be dying fast. The second day after Valentine's Day all flowers are ready to be thrown out as they look horrible and look like an eyesore. This was the last time I will ever use this company, As I see they don't use local florists anymore, using UPS delivery. This is probably the reason why the flowers look so bad. I feel like I was ripped off and if I can get my money back, I would love to get it back.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Adam. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can help?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Married 30 years, kinda stopped during the flower delivery thing years ago. So as a surprise decided to do it this year for Valentine's day. Set date for the 13th to assure delivery, never showed up, what a disappointment.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Richmond. Please email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that we can look into this. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Ordered flowers for Feb 14 Valentine's day a week before. Guaranteed delivery!!!! Feb 17 still no delivery. Totally defeated a surprise to my wife. No call, no email, no contact at all saying it was not going to be delivered. Never again will I use this company.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Michael. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I ordered flowers for my mom for Valentine’s Day. FTD claimed they would deliver them by 8 PM. Tracking all day long showed flowers out for delivery but they never arrived and the tracking update was changed to assigned to florist. When I called to complain customer service suggested that I cancel the order which I did. I’m very disappointed and my mother did not receive her flowers. I will not use FTD again.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Denise. Would you be willing to email the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

FTD Company Information